Speaker 1: The new icebox is set. Say well, goodie, b thanks for joining us from the iceboxes. O. Happy Sunday guys.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get started here in just a minute.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, good you think. Yeah, everybody's putting in the chat. What the temperatures are where you're at. It's probably in the I haven't looked. I think it's in like the low forties here, low forties on the beach on the coast on the Gulf of America. So that's that's where we are right now. So Golf of that's a that's the technical name for it, the Gulf of America. Google says, Gulf of America. Now you can't argue with Google, right, So let's see forty degrees warmer in Minnesota than last week. Well that's good. It's up there in the ice capital of the world in Connecticut with his buddy Heater. Good evening, so happy Sunday, guys. Thanks for joining us tonight, going home tomorrow. So last night here for a while and still running on the starlink see how it goes. Had really good results the last couple days. So it's been plugged up and mounted on the house since Friday. Did that live stream Friday night where it dropped a couple of times at the beginning, but then it was solid after that. Haven't had any issues with it since then. So not getting the speeds I was hoping for, but at plenty of speed to live springs a live stream, so not a problem there. Special shout out folks in green text in the chat. I saw a couple of you new folks join. Matthew Walker, Steven high Tower. Let's see welcome to Intro Radio. Wayne Texas member for forty eight months and Kevin W zero poh member for months. Andy Kelly was in there earlier. George Kowalski, Quail dog us A, that's a cool name. kJ five F T T ed A C three I K Good evening, w B seven O U T Tom Good evening, Dave Dobbins, Good evening, Brian Garrison. Let's see who else is in there. Ham Radio Crusaders out there in the chat e O D Kaboom Paul the Southern Ham Rail Air Rail Air Gator good ning Okay, Florida Panhanmbal Yeah, gator with a name like Gator. I guess smoke signals. R f Izzo's in the chat tom N three D M c ron W nine E g L another ron k N four z v u W T nine J Brian Garrison and uh real, yeah there's another one there, Ham funk O four p D. I Oh, that's Mike ham fun looks like you're him funky Mike, like you've got the funk going on. I don't know, psych Ham Docs. So, good evening, guys, thanks for being here tonight. We're going to talk about Ham Radio Deluxe tonight. How cool is that? So you guys are going to see them at Ham Cashen here in a couple of weeks, so let's just hop right into it. We're going to transition from there to there. Mike, Steve, good evening. How are you guys doing.
Speaker 3: We're doing great. I'm doing great, Steve.
Speaker 1: I just realized something like seventy five percent of Ham Radio operators are either named Mike or Steve. So hiring Steve was probably not the smartest thing you could have done, Mike, but you know, I mean, he's you know, he should have been named like.
Speaker 3: We've got several mics that are beta testers or whatever, and I imagine bek John's and various, but only one Ferry by the way, but that's hard. They're harder to hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's good. So how how are things going at Ham Radio Crew Ham Radio Deluxe? I was reading Ham Radio Crusader, but talking about Ham Radio DeLux. How were things going to Ham Radio Deluxe?
Speaker 3: Really good. We had a really good Christmas season and better than the previous year. We released version six nine. The initial release was on right before Halloween and we've done a few maintenance releases since then. And you know, it's interesting because basically before we started to do the rewrite, there were something in the neighborhood of one hundred and fifty defects in version six' eight For, logbook and the developers finally, said you, know you can't do this. Anymore you got, to you, know to fix these, things we have to rewrite. Them and that's what we took us longer THAN i would have liked, to but it's really been worth it and it looks. Fantastic it works. Great we're down to you, know just you, know little small things that you know are important to a few, people but we're. Not we don't have any major issues right. Now there's probably Good steve keep me on as something in the twenty five to thirty defects, list and they're all, like you, know, somebody somebody had contact us and, said we'd like the contrast to be a little different for this particular field because this thing's a little hard to. Read but it's one off kind of thing like. That it's really pretty good right.
Speaker 1: Now okay, Good and we're currently on like version six dot nine dot some. Subsection so seven's not out yet quite. Yet and one of the one of the first QUESTIONS i got, asked which was coming is The mac, version the version For mac os is that coming with seven as?
Speaker 3: Well that will be with, seven and so let me let me talk a little bit about the process for getting to. Seven go. Ahead there are five applications in the suite six if you count, map but let's we'll talk about that. Moment but There's, Logbook, REDCONTROL dm seven, eighty rotor, control and satellite. Tracking thus, far we've rewritten. Logbook it literally will run on A mac and we've run it on A mac a, bit but it's we've got to make it work with all. Five so we've already started the work to Rewrite redcontrol and then we'll DO dm seven eighty rotator and satellite. Tracking the logbook application is the most complicated piece of all of, them so that's behind, us and then good we get all five of them. Rewritten version seven will be it's the intention that version seven will be multi, platform So, Windows, Mac, linux multi, lingual a bunch of other cool. Things we're going to add some capabilities that people have been asking for for quite a. Bit application that's currently known as mapper will be depreciated replaced with something that's CALLED hrd Global. View and to understand WHAT hrd global, view just think of a combination between grid, tracker the, geochron ham, bundle ham, clock and a bunch of other things that we already have in the application. Today but it's just a matter of visualizing it on a. Screen you'll be able to cast that to a FOUR k display on your. Network it'll be pretty. Cool so that's what we're working.
Speaker 1: Forwards, excellent, okay, Okay oh you found your. BOURBON i see, CONGRATS.
Speaker 3: I, DID i, DID i do love my. Bourbon it's all made In Bourbon, County, kentucky of. Course.
Speaker 1: Excellent, yeah what are you drinking?
Speaker 3: Tonight this is an old fashion made with buffalo trays.
Speaker 1: That's i've got a bu all a buffalo trace in the cabinet back.
Speaker 3: There so, yeah that particular, Distillery i've been to most of them down, there and that's a very impressive. Facility when you get out of your, car it just smells like, paradise so before you even walk in the. Door so, yeah pretty.
Speaker 1: Cool, yeah people are asking About. LINUX i know you're working on mac, os and mac os is just WHAT i call, it A Fisher price my first, computer gooey on top of the real operating. System but how is Your are you planning on a version that.
Speaker 4: Actually run on Like debian or, Something, yeah for, SURE i mean that's probably it's, Uh linux and mac is expected to be available in version.
Speaker 3: Seven people will, say, hey when's version? Seven and you, know If i'd answered that question two years, AGO i would about but getting log book out of the way and having already started on rig control and a little bit INTO dm seven eighty and satellite tracking rotor, control it won't be a heavy lift for those compared To, logbook And i've split the work up a little. Bit there's the developer that's been working on rig, control or that the group that's been working On sorry. Logbook they're going to continue with rig, control BUT i brought someone else in to DO dm seven. Eighty the cool thing about that is what we're doing WITH dm seven eighty is a couple. Things we're going to USE ai to separate the signal from the, noise and then we're going to also USE ai to improve the presentation of text to the. Screen so it's particularly important WITH. Cw if you were listening to THE cw bulletin sent by THE awrls, machine it looks perfect on the. Screen but if you're listening to someone whose hand isn't as perfect as a machine might be in a tough signal todoi's, environment it's a little harder to do. That so that's the that's the work we're doing with them seven to, eighty as well as there's a number of other modes that people have been asking us to, add and we'll do that at that time. Too so as soon as those other four applications are done by a group of you, know two groups of, people we'll be ready for version. Seven my wife hates it WHEN i, speculate So i'm not going to. Speculate but it can't come soon. ENOUGH i.
Speaker 1: HEAR i know you've been working on that for a long. TIME i THINK i talked to you At hamvenchin this last, year and, yeah y'all were still working towards. That and of course you've got you you've got a new version, out newer version today than you did, then so you're working in progression towards. It but, YEAH i know you've been working on that for a long.
Speaker 3: Time so, yeah, yep, yeah and uh, yeah it's LIKE i, said IT'S I i occasionally have to go back to six' eight to test something because someone, will, say HEY when i clicked here in version, six eight it, did this but it doesn't happen that way in, Six' nine so i have to go back to six'. Eight to try it and, to be real honest going back to six' eight from where we are in six' nine seems. Like, SUCH a, journey to go really i mean it's it's it's a it's significantly more. Powerful, today, than, it.
Speaker 1: Was, Before, good good excellent excellent okay yeah you guys keep. The questions coming in the. Chat i'm trying to watch him. Frank, IS still on the boat actually i think he's flying back. Today or, tomorrow something like that so. No uh, no co HOST tonight but yeah please, if i don't acknowledge your question. Feel free to. Type it, again no problem There uh oh look at that Bill, Sent, Five Gift him ready, club clubhouse ham Ray do memberships. Members channel Members YouTube channel memberships. Thank you, bill, for doing, that so yeah, Okay good deal all right man so do you want to? Show, us, What it looks.
Speaker 3: Like yeah okay i'm going. To be just for the listeners i'm going to be on forty meters ft eight. Here AND let me see. Here sure i, will do. That sharing is. Caring you know, so That's right come over here and, i'm on a very large screen. So hopefully this. Doesn't look terrible. So it good.
Speaker 1: It's. Still there it is right there it was a, black SCREEN for a few. SECONDS but i see. It, Now i see it.
Speaker 3: Now okay so let me walk you. Through some of, the visual changes and right now what you're looking at here IN the. Activity down here is hrd alert we introduced. That a couple of years go it's actually TAKING the dcodes out of ws jt OR you can, use j td x or whatever so it's bringing those decodes in, the nice thing about this is which is different, from a lot of other applications, is is that in real time we're showing you whether, or, not, you, need, that, country. GRID county, state zone prefix whatever i mean there's a whole lot of things that JUST from looking at it that i can TELL straight away whether or not. I Need to work that station, now i've, Worked pretty much well you, know I'm in on a roll so i've worked pretty much every every country that's going to. Be on the air Right now so it's unlikely that, i'll get any ANY new ones BUT you know i might need i. Might get A new band country but as, I see these things coming IN i can filter, them, if i, want to say well you know only show me decodes, if it's a new at no if, it's an all time new ONE or if it's a new dxcc on. THE ban or on the mode, i don't chase states. Much anymore or continents or whatever but if, you chase some of these things you can have, these things come up in filters or you can, have them come up in alarms, and when the alarms fire off you'll. Get any any, combination of things first of All the rod will light up i'll, show you that in a moment, but YOU can get an Email which i get them, when i'm away from the shack and it tells me that THERE'S something. On the air that. I need it'll text a SPEECH there's a light pull that i don't know if i'll be able to maybe if you don't know if you, Can see this on, the camera but THIS little guy. This is an mbrava blank light and, so whenever you.
Speaker 1: Show that again you were showing. The screen but not your camera. So show that again real?
Speaker 3: Quick? Can, you, see it there yeah yeah Okay so you know it's about it's a cube that's probably about an inch and a half cubed and it lights up red. When there's something on the air it'll even play a jingle if. You wanted to play a jingle. It's kind OF kind of Cool this is usb connected and brava Tells Me they're going. To have wi, FI connected one so you know i, tell people, that's really good for you know taking it to the dinner table and if something new shows up that, you need while you're having dinner you can. Just, jump up and run away, yeah my wife, HATES that idea so you. Know, I WON'T repeat that again yeah so, i mean each. One Of these like over here, if i'm, looking AT this one, for example if, i click, once it'll pull up you know the, the INFORMATION about that particular Station and i can see that, i've NEVER worked this station Before but i can see what. I've worked on This, Particular country here's one. That camden georgia As, A county i've never. Worked CAMDEN georgia as a county if, I can double click on, it i probably got that late BUT that will START ws J t or j, T d x what are using. IT'LL start it UP transmitting, CLEARLY i probably like i said I probably got in late because i WAS talking ABOUT and then, once i once i work it it's going to show Up as worked and which is, it'll go FROM red to, yellow and once i confirm it. It'll go from yellow to green So THAT'S how, that, works, across, like, i said zone states countries grids whatever it. Is you happen to be collecting i'm going to PIN this to the top if i. Can remember HOW there we GO so if i go and i don't know if, he's gonna call ME or not maybe, well if I go. DOWN here into the dx cluster i can see all the stations THAT are. Being reported ON the dx cluster, the filter I can turn, on and like i said before this will ONLY show. Me the things that i need so there are THERE'S one station On here, that i can see i've. Worked see the yellow yield sign i've worked, that Country for that mode. Before but I'VE never confirmed THEM so as i as, if i click once OVER here it'll show me the qrz image and now has these great tables that are a lot better than what you know you. Used to be able to see you CAN, see what you've, worked FOR cw phone and digital and i Can see that the. ONE that i've worked for digital. I haven't confirmed anything on digital that's why. This is showing up as yellow i'm GONNA stop ca on him because i don't. Think it's Gonna. Come me back let's see nope another cool thing that was ADDED was, We call it the dx histogram so based on all THE Activity, that's coming in from dx cluster it will. Show you where the action's at if you can see kind of the orange color down at THE bottom of the band that's cw and there's like a purple one that's up. At the. Top of the, band that's phone but you know people, don't talk to each other anymore so it's it's all green because it's all digital modes. And that's what people are working so you can see where the ACTIVITY is based on. The d x spots you received?
Speaker 1: Is that is THAT digital mode is that all ft eight or is? It multiple digital modes, in there like really.
Speaker 3: It's yeah it's, any digital, mode but you know IN reality so IT could, be ft four, or ft EIGHT but in. Reality, everybody's, on, Ft eight.
Speaker 1: Basically yeah yeah okay.
Speaker 3: I'm. Probably gonna FIND a blank space i'll call cq and. See if anybody answers.
Speaker 1: Me here and, you, SAID you're on forty METERS right.
Speaker 3: I am forty meters ft eight i'm Going to pop IN here and i'll call c. Q, On the next TIME slot right, so UH if i you know if i click over, here where it Says The. Coordinates it'll open Up Google earth i'm gonna bring google earth over. HERE after it actually fires up.
Speaker 5: I.
Speaker 3: Should have, Had it, LAUNCHED beforehand that's fine.
Speaker 1: Bill. Says i talk all the time there's. A movement to. Get ME quiet It won't Work Though I believe bill great man creaman PoTA says ninety seven point three Percent of my contacts or phone i'd like to see, The, Statistic where, YOU got, that tim but yeah i mean just because you talk to two people a week who will actually respond to you doesn't mean. That you're all making phone contexts.
Speaker 3: We'll move out Of THE way here's here's some so i happened TO click on. The. Coordinates for v forty seven ja here's the, thing turning red by the. Way if you, could see IT but OH yeah uh if. I if i here's something COOL so let's let's say that i want to find OUT what it looked LIKE when i. Was Working these us stations here so, i'm just going to highlight them, just A few of them here and i'm gonna right Click And. Go to look up google earth and the cool thing is is, that from within the view here it'll show me From, my qth here north of DALLAS all these differ different stations, i WORKED and where they are and i can come over here and kind of drill DOWN on one of them if i went to and see how, close they are to you KNOW HAVING an absence of. H o a and their neighbor see, if they have a. Swimming pool they'll invite me over but there's cool Stuff You. Can do with with google earth one of the things we're going to do here fairly soon is that every station You Work will get plotted on google earth as. You plot as you work them and then really then you know you'll have like a real time map of All The. Stations you're working on google.
Speaker 1: EARTH oh that's. Kind of neat i. Like that that's? A, great idea.
Speaker 3: See what else yeah and then there's awards tracking a lot of the things that have. Been in here for a While, You, want.
Speaker 1: To talk about poda yes yeah so you Wanted. Me To Ask, you about poda so PoTA logbook which a lot of the OLD school logging software IS like hrd and in one mm. Didn't DIDN'T buy into very quickly but I know, you guys, are doing PoTA now so yeah.
Speaker 3: Tell. Us about that, for sure, Yeah So let's say for Example i'm i'm working you and i'm going to put in your CALL can SEE five h, W b and i hit tabs so it's going to go AND do the look up and i can you know, THIS is probably, Where, YOU live i, would, think yeah i would, say so there's a map here It's like one fifty seven in texas ten. Something, in the neighborhood OF that. Oh, that's your qr z. Location anyway That's what that says, that.
Speaker 1: SHOULD now that's not right BUT i, think, That's, a qr z thing right, yeah that that address is correct but that's not. Where it is, ON the map.
Speaker 3: So all right i mean i'd have to i'd Have to look at what your i'd have to look at what's in Q're, sad for. You for a yeah that long but, that's that's. Where, It gets it all right anyway LET'S let's SAY you're at a poda. And I want to work you so I come over here to the poda tab and. You can give me a PART so let's let's say that i, don't PARTICULARLY hear the park number. But i hear the park, Name Give Me A.
Speaker 1: PARK name galveston island, State.
Speaker 3: Park i type too.
Speaker 1: Quick now you have to. You have to spell, it correctly?
Speaker 3: That, must be it. Right, there.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is. It yeah THAT'S the CORRECT number so if.
Speaker 3: I, if i double click on that. It adds the park in here so this the coordinates are basically taken from the FILE that is obtained, from the poda, kind OF catalog. If you WILL the PoTA repository, But if i save that one i'm NOT going to save it because i have auto uploads set For a low. Book of, The world and whatnot so. Right i'm not gonna log you. But that's, how you do it for example you, Happen to be in multiple PARKS let's say you were in us and, just make. SOMETHING up three zero one twelve i could put both parks in there if you if there happened to be a case where both parks are active in the. Same location, or something like, that same, THING by, the WAY for, soda i, MEAN if i had You know i. Don't, KNOW what i'm gonna put well i can. GET something that might Look Good i don't.
Speaker 1: HAVE any soda summit numbers memorized i don't do much of. That around, here in, the flatland so yeah.
Speaker 3: This one In, This, particular one you're in france. Okay there's worldwide. Floor in fauna same thing too, called, the other day and said Hey your list doesn't, have the turkish. Parks in it but it did, he didn't scroll down Far enough but so you get turkish parks here. Where you could add those in so that's. Basically how you would do that, i'm gonna reset for a minute and then we're going to put in your CALL SIGN AGAIN case five, H w b m and UH. I'm gonna go. Back to poda someone's. Calling me i'll call him back you must have someone, on the show that they called So could be, This Is whiskey zulu. For. Kilowatts, so i'll call HIM so, uh IF, if like i said if i if, YOU gave me the park number i could just put us three, zero one three and are Sorry three. Zero ONE three and i'm good if i didn't want to put all, the, rest, of that STUFF in okay yeah and then i COULD count the part marks that. I WORKED and so on later IF i were an activator when i, had THIS thing a little bit if i can, MOVE it out of the way i. Don't know how to do THAT i'll there we go if, i configure MY there he, Is so see i worked him thanks for the qso he WENT directly up into here And I. Can see This Is. Howard waxman He's at court news so NOW. I'll go Back to CALLING cq so, IF i'm if i an activator i, go to tools configure my station and since my park has a unique, LOCATION that's different from my home. I would add another location here i'm, not going to do it here this is my that. Would just, help me understand that you KNOW this is the, Park that i was. Working from, so you do that that's. So that's that's how that works so.
Speaker 1: If you drive, around activating a bunch of parks you would want to put in a new location for pretty much. Every, every different park you.
Speaker 3: Activate yeah because every different every different park, would have a. Different lat long a different grid you COULD be IN a DIFFERENT c. Q or i t u zone so that's why you. HAVE the ability to create. Locations i talked to, a guy that's then you, Know, YOU know these people though jason i mean some of these, folks about, activated, hundreds of parks right yeah yeah so, you know you can do that And that's how you would do you can put in what kind of station. You were using and so. On but that's how it works there's one THING To point out is that hrd logbook version six nine FULLY conforms. To, the Ad i f standards okay and i'm, not throwing ANYTHING at anyone here but the PoTA SITE doesn't. Yet conform to those PoTA, fields, so what you can do though is is that you're there's a data move utility or a copy move because THEY want YOU to. Use the, sig the sig fields so yeah you. Can just copy within the tool there's a data copy tool in here that enables you to basically move those fields OR copy those fields to, the sig fields or vice versa if you want to do it that way before. You, upload them to the potacite, eventually once they get that done you won't, you won't have to do that but that's the, Way, it. Is.
Speaker 1: Good to know okay yep cool.
Speaker 3: So so basically that's kind of you know what what we've been up to the database is sequel, light like, a, show over, here and it's uh you know part of what we needed To do to get away from Microsoft a Bit and and be mac and linux compliant because we're not going to run not Going to Run. Access. On, on linux or max yeah yeah that gets. That piece, out, of, the way, good yep okay yep.
Speaker 1: All, right cool over, here over here by.
Speaker 3: The way just one other THING to point out is that i can ALTHOUGH, GREEN ones are people calling cq i can FILTER it down just to where I. Only see the people calling cq. I'M gonna call one of them i can, show those that are calling me and those are those have left, the screen from a while ago. BECAUSE we don't save THEM forever i. Can see someone cq or ME so this is one that I use quite often because if i WANT to work some stations, AND i don't see you know i got to be able to See people responding to me if I'M. Calling, them when, they're, Calling, cq right so right yep. Okay THERE'S somebody responding to me, IF i click once on this i. Can see His Picture over Here This, Is. Troy greenberg in, Falls. City OREGON hello to you troy if i let's see where come up here and we can. And, see where he's working from well. He's kind of out by seaside Have? YOU ever been. To, that hamfest i.
Speaker 1: Have not no it's.
Speaker 3: Really cool it's, it's north of where he, is a bitting on the coast But. It's it's a Really Cool hamfest so here's the qso i've completed that one and. It's, going back into. The list good it's just easy, this, is, how, we communicate, today right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true very true, very true.
Speaker 3: Recontrol by the way it is just to, say a little bit about recontrol the. Way recontrol is constructed right now it takes us a fairly long time to add radios to it because radios have, to be added by a developer. And we're moving away from that so the radio commands and the profiles for radios will be in files that are external to the soft SIMILAR to the way that the, PoTA files are external to software or the country. List is external to the software so when we add, new when new radios are introduced we'll be able to add the radios and people can download them without having to wait for. A software released to do it. So, we've already framed that up well. We'll be testing that fairly soon.
Speaker 1: AS someone asked earlier, about the yasuft seven to ten they said, It WASN'T in your dropdown list. SO i guess that's it's.
Speaker 3: Not i have one right here it's actually like, right LIKE here on my SCREEN and i use the ft a profile and it works pretty, WELL and, no problems with that I mean the only problem here's, greg's one of our beta. Testers, so, He's, he's answering me, NOW hey greg if you're. Listening i hope You're. Doing well, he's. Down around waco oh yeah okay so some other things that we've done lately is. That just to be real transparent, when when six' nine came out, a whole lot of people downloaded it and we changed some things in the software where people, will had to go and find things and one of the cool things about. The software just to point out, something if, you were going to go for example you wanted to configure filters and you're not, exactly sure how to use this screen there's a, question marked down on the lower, left and if you click on THAT you Probably won't see this because, i think i'm only sharing one screen but, that if you click on this button that will take you To, The, Hang on man. Hang on greg sorry i'm answering you the watchdog shut. Off and it wasn't answering him back but, if you click on this question mark it'll take you to the exact page and the manual that answers all the questions about what do, you have to do to configure that, which is, pretty handy BECAUSE people say you know? How do i? Get to your manual where's, your manual and it's all online now which is a downer for PEOPLE. Who like to have it. In pdf but it changes quite often but we tried to, Make it easy by just for example, i'll Just open up a, QSO here if i'm in this one i can click on this question MARK down in the lower right if i want to find out how to. Use or configure some of these things that's an explanation for everything that's. On, the that's, On, The.
Speaker 1: Screen there YEAH makes Sense okay.
Speaker 3: Okay so now i got greg in. The Log. For Like. The fiftieth time thanks Greg, interesting greg greg grew up in, indiana like ten miles from my house and we didn't Know each other Till we Got to, Texas and through humory of deluxe anyway so we had like, this demand increased demand, for tech support and to be. Honest we got crushed a little bit basically we had. Two and A Half people in. Support there was kevin ferry. And myself i'm the half a Person so the reason why you see steve kind of in The in the call today is that steve graciously joined, us recently and participating in tech support and. We're really pleased to have him aboard it's been it's been nice having another pair Of hands. And really Great. To have steve. Aboard so. Thanks steve.
Speaker 1: Good it's fun it's fun steve will probably start Asking random uh quiz, like, questions, on facebook about it.
Speaker 3: Soon so.
Speaker 1: Hey that's. A good idea i'm. Running out of it Is a idea so We'll be At.
Speaker 3: We'll be at the orlando ham casion steve will be in the booth as much as, he's able to be in the. Booth and we're looking, forward to it always a. Good show always a lot of fun so we We're In. THE booth Directly across from, giga parts i know steve. Enjoys that so we'll be right there he won't he. Won't have a hard time finding it. It will just be easier, to park. Easier to park this year, For sure so as you can see, i'm still putting people in, the log, and and once they do, you know they're immediately in the log and the. The before kind OF like it's up so there's a B four column before tells me that i've worked that particular station on, the same band and mode group before so the. Mode group in this case. It's digital that's why it lit. Up. I'M now answering someone else here yep i don't know if some Of our social media, managers posted that i'm on. Forty. Meters BUT we'll get some action.
Speaker 1: Okay so i know you wanted to, talk about subscriptions and upgrades and whatnot and someone just asked? Them how? Much is it a year or, so, once you address. THAT real quick.
Speaker 3: Here, we lose them.
Speaker 1: I don't know there you're, back now, it, FROZE for a second. But yeah, no i think, it's.
Speaker 3: Okay so right so you know there's we, get a question every now and then? Which is and this is really important and it's really, important because for a lot of reasons not The least of, Which is that we, ham radio operators, i'm, going to say are, very frugal Right stated stated another way the average ham radio operator, Could pinch a. PENNY till it squeals so we're, frugal, i get, QUESTIONS from people, saying HEY you know i bought this like. I bought YOUR software ten years ago uh do i have to buy it again in order to use, in order to DOWNLOAD the latest version or what do i need to? Pay for to download the, latest version and the answer, is nothing because we, don't sell upgrades we don't sell versions and. We don't sell subscriptions on the software so. Here's, the way to think about that ken if you've purchased the software from us at, any point in time in the past you should go to our website and. Download the software and install, it today because you've. Paid. For it you're entitled to it now there's some there are cases where there are new features that have been released and they if they were released after your, new features and support period has expired then, then you wouldn't have access. To them but you may not care so. That's kind of the way, that works so the first thing is if you've, purchased it from. Us in the past go. Download it IT doesn't cost you anything if you i, had, A guy the.
Speaker 5: Other, day says, well i, bought version six dot, SEVEN dot, whatever, and so you, know i said well actually you.
Speaker 3: Did and you didn't. Buy any version we don't sell versions we sell perpetual software license and a and a key that will activate any. Current or future, version of, the software so you know for no for. No cost for no charge To You go to hand www dot hamry deluxe dot com. And download the software. And install it have a nice day i'm going, To try to sell the. New features there's no doubt about. That i'm not bashful about saying so but, you don't, NEED to BUY Them, unless for example I showed hrd. Alert which is what i'm using here there are other. Options for doing this on the market you. Can use those if you want to i'm constantly, trying to improve the software so that Uh so that people want to buy renewal because it gets two features and support, a, LOT of people used, to Say well i don't need support so. I'm, not going to buy the renewal, well the renewal is not just support. It's for THE new FEATURE as well so there's i get, i, HAD somebody the other day says well. I do want to BUY the renewal i downloaded the software I got on the, latest version, and i really want to. You know USE some of these? Features what do I? Have to do will you buy renewal we send out. Deals for them every now and then the regular price for, that is forty nine to ninety nine and you can buy it for less than that, probably if you get the right deal and that will catch you up for all the features that you've been missing out on and any that, are released over the next twelve months and you're good go unlimited access to tech. Support and all that kind of, stuff so it's, a pretty. Good, deal PRETTY good.
Speaker 1: Deal good, Good?
Speaker 3: Okay, did. I Explain that well steve yes perfect.
Speaker 1: Now i'm probably gonna. Have tons of, Tickets in the.
Speaker 3: MORNING you probably will you probably will i mean the thing, OF it is is we want fundamentally i want people to be, able, To, Use the software bottom line right yeah and, if they've purchased it in the Past, then as as they, say in, australia get on you mate go go go downloaded And get it going right and h so you. Know that's that's the, most important thing and then you, know if if you want the features you have. The option to to do the renewal but the. Main thing is get on this version we've had about, ten percent of the population, thus far GET on it so far. AND and i want to see that. I want to, see that, number, increase, So.
Speaker 1: Good yeah oh yeah yeah absolutely.
Speaker 3: Sally forth and go and get, It, Downloaded and have A go right.
Speaker 1: Oh mark in, for BCDs and the chat He says he's not Decoding, you in tennessee.
Speaker 3: Like he's.
Speaker 1: In tennessee but.
Speaker 6: That's where he.
Speaker 4: LIVES that could that could be true I was gonna say he's got his christmas tree still let up on his tower.
Speaker 1: And He's using that as his.
Speaker 3: Antennae i'm i'm like AT twenty seven hundred hertz that's where i am in the waterfall, And seventy seventy four and, uh WELL i'm using by the way because i. Get this, Question every now And then right now. I'm using a Flex Sixty Four Hundred. Shout out to ham remote hand radio they allow me to use their radios for demos because the stuff works. A LOT better Than my radios do so i have i'm Connecting TO, their Sixty Four Hundred using smart sdr and ham radio deluxe is perfectly Happy TO connect to the Radio three smart sdr and and THEN smart IS, Also connecting to Ws j t x and that's. How? I'm, getting decodes in my screen.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, OKAY keep kicking in my light okay i got a couple. Of questions, Here from follow ups earlier thank you DON for retyping that don. N five SKT lives, out by, me when will i guess IF Ever When will the software support Tci TRANSCEIVER control interface used. On the sun sdr and non radios when?
Speaker 3: We, Finished the rewrite for rig control okay and so that's. THAT'S, what WE'RE working on, RIGHT now i like i said earlier i don't think it's a big lift. To do. The rewrite on rig control the works the, work HAD actually begun a year ago but i stopped work on rig control because of getting. Log book, out before Holidays this year but uh we're, we're we're already back into rig. CONTROL so it shouldn't. Be too long i get that question it's there's like two people that. Will ASK that QUESTION every. SINGLE time BUT i wish i could i. Wish, i could accelerate THIS for, them, man what does seem i know like what do you HAVE to DO to cause? W s, j t x two. Automatically i mean it just it QUITS. It TAKES itself off of t x and i didn't expect to see that because, it's. Been behaving perfectly for you know years.
Speaker 1: I've, had mine do that to me before, JUST kind. OF at random but uh i don't. I don't REMEMBER WHAT the FIX was i think i i THINK i was running AN older version. I, just upgraded if. I remember CORRECTLY.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe that's, it i'm, running UH two dot six dot one and i think there's A plenty newer one out IN that I. COULD go to j. T d x i might DO that.
Speaker 1: Another question IS can can hrd connect to? Fl? Rig, versus direct to the radio.
Speaker 3: Uh you there. Are ways that you can do that the downside of doing that is that and and this is one of the challenges for us with with adding new radios is that if you TAKE some of those programs like, fl Rig or omni rig and others and I'M, not REAL familiar with with fl rig so i. Just use omni rig as the example but omni rig only really supports a small HANDFUL of commands like, frequency mode VF O, split you KNOW V F o. A. V. F o b yea da yeah yeah those command. In these, radios don't change very, often in fact the manufacturers would say we want to stick with the same commands as we go. Forward, because it's, less work for them sometimes you know sometimes you have a radio that didn't support the. Mode dig you or something like that so there's a. New kind of Extension to that command but that's WHY i'm using the nine ninety. One, a for the seven to ten so but our approach is that we actually program every single command and, the command reference manual for the radio and that's part of what. Takes us a little bit, of time, so if YOU were, To for example and like I said i'm GOING to stick with. Omni rig because i know it Better if, you were going to use omni rig none of the filtering commands in rig control would work because. They're not, supported for for most. RADIOS so okay it's a little harder i actually try TO discourage, it because it's just not i mean there's there's several different kind of unique use cases, where somebody might want to do that and usually it's because they've got various other different software they, want to use at the same time and there, are other ways, To get around that and you know i'm happy to help them with, whatever kind of specific circumstance they've got but it's normally, better to stick with our rig control even if you want to split the Comport, And, use fl Rigor ammy rig otherwise.
Speaker 1: Okay let's see, steve Answered this question in the chat but i'm gonna. Read it anyway, for everybody else's benefit jody is asking? What is the perpetual license, tied, to, is it a call Sign. Name email all of those and steve steve answered. That is connected. To YOUR call sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is so i say, it's it's married to your call sign but it's it's your unique customer identify, and our system is your email address and it's your email address Because our. Systems weren't built built, for ham radio so the web store the Web. Store is on a platform Called. ULTRACAR the, licensing platform is called sirocco i mean there's there's, a number of different players in here so they. Don't know they don't know call sign so we literally use the. Company, field as the call sign field. Oh we we do look for that so, if you were to buy the software you're going. To install it with your call sign we, get your email address and that way if you ever need your software, key at a later date and time you use. That email address to get your key if you, happen to change your call sign later there's a there's a self service method for doing that, or we can do that for you but it's pretty. Much tied to, your call sign, henceforth another cool thing by the way because usually right, after that question we get this ONE which Is how Many computers? Can i install hammery to? Deluxe, on and the answer is five five so you, can have five concurrent and concurrent activations which is part of the reason why we restricted by call. Sign, and, email address like we do.
Speaker 1: Okay. Uh there was another one in here let's see do you have a do you have a? Glimpse of the new planned regular face is that something you? Can SHOW us, OR.
Speaker 3: Let. Me see because i did. I could i've got THE version seven let, me see if, i can find that because it's cool because, It really kind of just for clarity we've been working. On, that Topic for quite some time yeah and i've showed, it at different times in the, past, and, people are going. To say oh well you're making it you're trying TO make it look LIKE. Win for. YASU or, win for icm not really i mean we've been working. On this for a very long time but. It will have a, radio looking interface hang ON a second let me see if i. Can find going into the Wayback machine.
Speaker 1: HAVE you been Working With, marcus with. Fdr Control for mac no. Not yet something Dawn wanted to know he makes the He makes The. Mac, os, software For icon and.
Speaker 3: Flex OKAY okay.
Speaker 1: Mac, os in iOS both. I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah so.
Speaker 1: Pretty nifty software.
Speaker 3: Let's see i'm still looking for that do?
Speaker 1: You need a third PARTY. Application between It connects directly.
Speaker 3: At hrd that's what i'm doing now it's just BY virtue of the. Way of how i shared the screen, i've got a forty nine inch screen, so if you share the full screen it'll be so. Small THAT no one can see. It so I only shared THE window and so i've actually GOT wsjtx, sitting on top of kecontrol r sorry, on top of a log book here but you can't see it. Because, it did PART of the. Screen, Yeah, a second i. Might have actually nope, That's not it. I'm getting closer though i'll find it.
Speaker 1: If you have one of your, five registered computers in the computer crashes, you lose a hard drive or something? How do you get that computer Unregistered.
Speaker 3: You go to my keys dot hamradio deluxe dot Com and you can put in your you can you can either obtain your email or your key, there if you don't know your key. Or you can put in your key it will, show you the computers that are, registered and once you get the list you can. DECIDE which ones you want to, deactivate? I guess that's right with it.
Speaker 1: Gotcha Kind, Of, like deactivating your, Kindle On amazon yeah.
Speaker 3: Or you know microsoft office or whatever. It. Works, pretty much.
Speaker 1: The same way yep okay let's see and. THIS IS this is a good question, I, i Think it does this already tim but i'm gonna ask. This because this is a good question any plans on loading the logs into the cloud so that you. Can share logs between your five.
Speaker 3: COMPUTERS you can actually, do THAT today i.
Speaker 1: Thought, you, could but i wasn't sure okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah so By, default today The database is sequel light and sequel light is a a very, common what it's called. An embedded database but it doesn't share, so you we've got multi multi stations club stations that, are doing exactly what Was asked There and they install my sequel or maria database and they're able to basically share the, access to the database in real time, whether it's, on a local you know shared drive or you can put it in a. Cloud Uh server if you want to the the problem is is that, because OF the WAY people would say, can i Can? I, use one drive drop. Box, Box yeah, that that doesn't work yeah and Frankly. It's not a limitation of hammrateed aluxe it just doesn't work. Because those technologies are file. Synchronization technologies they're not file sharing technologies so when multiple stations get on, those and try to access those files it ends. Up creating copies of the same file you'd have The same problem if it was an. Excel spreadsheet or word document or whatever. So you can't do it that way but the multi multi stations we've got are using either you can designate one of the computers on your network, to be the host of the database, or you can you can you know, buy a cloud server and you know probably ten dollars a. Month and you can put It there it can, even be running. Linux for that matter Doesn't Really matter if, you can Get maria database in stall it's probably maria dB, is. Probably the easiest one to do gotcha then you can get and then. You. Can, get to it from anywhere yeah yeah but we're actually gonna. Eventually we'll, offer that as a service you know we're we have to, get all this other stuff done first but it's my. Intention. To, offer. That. As a service yep.
Speaker 1: Okay Okay uh, several people keep asking about, linux support so we covered this earlier. And thank you if you joining us if, you didn't join us at the. Beginning then thank. You for joining us now we'll look the version you're seeing on the screen right now is. Six dot nine Dot something.
Speaker 3: Zero dot this is actually, i'm, on a pre release version here. OKAY which is seventeen five twenty one i think the. Release, version, is seventeen.
Speaker 7: Sixteen five ten yeah okay but there they've been working on, version seven for couple, of years now a lot of updates a.
Speaker 1: Lot of rewrites going on in, databases and when seven version Seven, Drops it Will. Be supported, on windows mac and linux so yep all of.
Speaker 3: What you, did and. Multi, multi, lingual, as well.
Speaker 1: Multi lingual cool Yes sir, that's, great they have.
Speaker 3: Good uh yeah. Okay nobody's calling nobody's. CALLING me now things are slowing, DOWN i did just for the record i PUT uh how many new QSOs? Did i? Put in the record here like fourteen while. We've been. Sitting. There.
Speaker 1: During the stream that's good okay yeah here.
Speaker 3: Here's something that that's new as well you can. See over here in This this field This is the, log book of the world scent field and. You can see these are all cued the ones, before this are all set, to yes and you can see yes and you can even see. Whether they were verified or not yet just all the new QSOs, just have them show. Up as cued AND so they did so, NOW if i want to upload. Them i click on The upload button So this is the logbook of the World and it Says upload all where, logbook of the world sent is. CUED and it tells me they're FOURTEEN i could. View them here if i wanted TO. I'm going. To save this guy's qso thank you i'm ACTUALLY in that and come back because I don't want to see if, his qso actually. Shows up. As, cued Because it wasn't there's fifteen. Okay so i'm Going to, upload them and so now i'm done and then you're going to see all of these Now turned to. Yes automatically showing that i've uploaded them so it's a lot easier. Than having to, select them or whatever what you know it's just kind of a hands off kind, of approach to getting the. Job, done if that makes any sense okay but, that's that's new award trackings up here so you, CAN see that in My awards tracking i Have. Worked two i'm just looking at. Dix you see at the movement moment i've worked two thousand. And six hundred and ninety seven countries i've. Confirmed twenty six hundred and sixty eight i've got. Twenty nine outstanding banded countries TO confirm i've got twelve confirmations that. I HAVEN'T yet submitted for, the award, if i want TO see FOR example the ones, that i haven't i haven't submitted yet go, out to like thirty METERS or no here's. Here's ones that i need to confirm. I'm going to go to thirty meters i'll double. Click HERE it shows me the, countries if i Click for you all it's going to these are all THE QSOs for those five countries that i should GO chase them for a confirmation. If, i want to get Those, done wow there's a lot of. NOW there's a lot of action, here i, don't know what happened here but uh.
Speaker 1: You were Showing us how To how to Update logbook, of, the world automatically or i'm sorry manually but people are asking can? It can it not? Be done automatically it does? It, automatically you, just leave.
Speaker 3: It right no right now? It, doesn't oh it does it, not okay, EVERYTHING, else does, so Basically, club log eqsl, hrd log dot. Net cure s Log those are Automatic, the problem with logbook of the world maybe it's, just a mental block on my part Is that there's No way that in logbook of the world. That you can do anything with mistakes so if you got, the call wrong, and you upload it, once it's uploaded you. Can't correct it you can't delete it, so if you automate that upload it it might be a bad idea, if you didn't get the call right which is why we added the cue thing. Up here just to make that easier so it's kind of a couple of clicks versus having to. Find and Select Them and upload Them and the log book of the world folks don't. Really like people uploading in real time, they ask developers not to do that and. So far we've complied with that.
Speaker 1: Request gotch good to know.
Speaker 6: You've only buffered like, once Or twice i'm on dial up so i've, got.
Speaker 3: The, Best connection Out of it.
Speaker 1: Y'all well i've seen mike freeze like maybe half a. Dozen times throughout, This whole last hour that's weird though but it was like it was like, one and a half To two seconds. And During that, time, Steve was fine so i'm like okay. I'm going to completely fire at ohesh but but People are. Some people are saying, that, i'm buffering some, People ARE saying no. He's never buffered so.
Speaker 3: I don't know you, Did, it one point a while back okay, But, it's it's, IT'S been a.
Speaker 1: While okay, all right i don't know It's yeah. It's somewhere between, THE three. Internet connections, It's it's buffered i guess but well.
Speaker 3: I'm two two and a half gig up.
Speaker 1: And two and a half gig, down, Oh, you should be fine Then. Yeah well and, it could Be zoom you know again. You frozen. Zoom a Couple of times very well. Could be Zoom and not your internet so. Sometimes zoom kind, Of freaks, out too you NEVER know but yeah.
Speaker 6: Do we support i saw one for do we support let's scroll up, it KIND of gaming here it is does hrd support accessibility? Features for blind, or low vision hands That's a first THAT'S. THE first question i've seen. ON i, i don't have an answer i.
Speaker 3: Mean what what we have to do what what we end up Doing is h we conform to the. Windows out of the box accessibility functions, so that's that's, one of the benefits by The Way To, writing your software using microsoft's visual studio because it's always going to be. Compatible with things, like the accessibility stuff and you know there there are other tools on the planet that Are that are used, for ACCESSIBILITY that i'm not familiar with, and I couldn't speak to them directly but I know that we're compatible with the Windows. Accessibility functions that, Are BUILT into.
Speaker 1: Windows uh if yeah so. I. Don't HAVE a co host, tonight guys if i. Missed your question please. Type it again i'm. Not ignoring questions i'm, LOOKING for questions but you. Know what i might have missed it so unless you're that one jackass that was coming in there with the foul language AND we kicked him so, He had gm, mors in his name so oh. HEY take that. FOR what it's WORTH i don't.
Speaker 3: Know I saw some i saw somebody, on ft eight here a while ago so like last. Week spewing, a bunch, of political hatred let's say you know. There's just No, room for that stuff. People, should yeah, this is a hobby yeah. You know treat it like a HOBBY and it's kind of like if i go to, see A performer like a rock concert all i want. Them to do is sing and play i'm not interested in. Your, commentary what.
Speaker 1: They, have to, say yeah that's. Right yeah all right here's his? Question CAN you please show how to and i think we were you able to show us. A screenshot of the new brid control. I think, you were looking for, that oh, yeah but running so.
Speaker 3: Well you. Know it's actually pretty that's pretty. SIMPLE let me start with that one i still, haven't found, that, RIG control screen yet. All right yeah i MEAN oddly enough let me make sure i don't. Have ANYBODY calling ME here real quick so i think i just got THAT one, in the. Log and, if i did mhm maybe so basically all You Really have to do Is Install google earth, and then once google earth is installed there are a couple. Of different ways you can use, it there's A the COORDINATES over here and, if i if. I hover over, it it'll tell me it's called tooltips. But it'll tell you what it does it Says The. Station's latitude AND longitude and google, earth so, if i click on this. It'll oh, YOU'RE not, EVEN seeing that hang.
Speaker 1: On i see i see you mousing. Over, something, on that, Left, hand Column.
Speaker 3: Yeah Okay hang on yeah because I'M gonna i'm gonna Unshare, HERE if, I can find the yeah i mean i'm. Gonna end up sharing a larger screen but let's see.
Speaker 1: What time frame for when next release? Is, going to be for with seven yeah. A lot of people have asked that, we answered that. Question, already earlier too but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's it's, impossible to say when on version seven and my WIFE wants. To kill me, every time i speculate but you know it's a, it's a process of getting, you know all OF the you KNOW getting rig Control dm seven. Eighty sat track and rotor control redeveloped that's. What's that's what has to, get done it can't happen soon enough but you. KNOW it's not. Going to take years i would. COMMENT my, wife's in the next dream i know she'd just come in here with. A BABY all bad and hit. Me so i don't want to go i'm Still trying to figure out, How to oh there's hang on. Now, i'm going to.
Speaker 1: Unshare Unsure Yea yeah he's. Working on the google earth sharing guys. That's, what we're going on right now also they want to they want To See what it looks like. When, google, earth, has, contacts you've made.
Speaker 3: Yeah Yeah yeah yeah so that's. What i'm i'm. Going to do here let's see here i'm trying to figure out the best way to, do this without blowing up your screen but especially. If PEOPLE have accessibility kind of challenges can i can you share a screen section or do? You have to share the? Whole, screen you CAN share a. Window yeah, that's what I was doing but yeah then, When I try to, put you know google. Earth UP there it doesn't do. It, So i hang on a. Second well i'm going to do this, it's IT'S probably. Going to be terrible but i.
Speaker 1: Apologize, Just go ahead AND do it well i'll see. If i, can resize it.
Speaker 3: From here oh, Yeah see if you can do? That, See, if you can do that.
Speaker 1: Uh okay so you're, sharing like, THE whole wide screen now, huh yeah i don't. Have, a world but there you. Go, okay that's a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Okay are you over Here on the right hand side where.
Speaker 1: I'M ON THE left HAND side where. W s j t x is showing.
Speaker 3: Come over to the right hand. Side, if, You can drag it over yeah yeah i'll, HANG on. St, stay where you. Are i, Think okay. There you go you're good you're good bring it, on, over.
Speaker 1: Right, there, There you go yeah yeah, yeah yeah now it's over the. Yeah now it's over the top there.
Speaker 3: We're Here on The right hand pain So i'm, gonna I'm gonna put in. Steve's Call, and i've, done this before so steve. Poor Guy lives at a post office so. I'm Gonna put that. Up OVER here here's, steve's lat long if i click this It's automatically going TO, take me to steve's q t h. Which, pretty sure as a mailbox, Postbox, no this THIS is your house? Steve or did i type your.
Speaker 1: Calling that's where the. Remote, that's, where, The remote station.
Speaker 3: IS okay okay okay SO that's why i and so. What i WAS showing a while ago so if, i GO in now twenty different, Stations so i lit them all up i'm Gonna Right, click go to look up google earth and then it's basically Going To show, me on one one google earth screen which is kind of Cool where all, the stations were that i've WORKED, there all all all in the us and you can see kind of Like the spread of stations, in the West coast or you Know. Throughout the midwest up. Into the northeast is kind of cool one. Of the things that we're gonna, do we actually started to do this but we backed off of it BECAUSE it wasn't kind. Of the WAY i WANTED it yet but eventually, I, think i mentioned this, while ago jason as you make QSOs AS you add QSOs to your log i want them, to automatically, Pop up on this screen, right yeah so then, you could actually like in real time be, able to see where, your you, know. Where. Your QSOs are right right yeah yeah. There's several different ways that you, can there's THAT'S the most common way two Ways I, guess to to work with google earth and what it actually does is when you when you basically click on one Of These. Things or send SOMETHING to google earth it's SENDING something, i think it's called a kml FILE but it's Your Lat long in kml format and google earth will basically take that and draw the line or. Find the find that particular thatt long we HAD somebody the other day who, said i can't get it To work but their file associations and windows were SET to some other application for k. L so that's, WHY it wasn't working but once you i think the Fix For. That IS to just reinstall google, earth and i Probably Said. It correctly But But, it's google earth it's not google maps so you can't do it in a in A in a. Browser with maps doll Google Dot. Com you have to. Install, google, earth, and it's.
Speaker 1: PRETTY cool nice okay.
Speaker 3: Good good good I was still looking For, the PRESENTATION i did on On recontrol and i don't know. If i'll, be able, to find it it's.
Speaker 1: Okay that's okay that's that's all right, it's something that's.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 1: AVAILABLE yet ANYWAY so that's fine yeah, i don't i don't understand this question, but two or three People Have? Asked can we print on GOOGLE earth can you print this in pdf. Or any other format for sharing purposes.
Speaker 3: I'm Trying to get. The, CONNECTION between google earth.
Speaker 1: And printing yeah i don't. Quite UNDERSTAND what they're what they're asking if, I.
Speaker 3: Have THIS right here like this i guess i Could print, that it's a function. Within UH well it's kind of cool So I could print this MAP from.
Speaker 1: Google earth as a as AF file.
Speaker 3: You, probably printed as. A pdf or so there's. Save Pdf so let me, just Do.
Speaker 1: Google earth installed a while. So, i'm not Real familiar with it.
Speaker 3: Well they actually google. Tried. To, abandon IT for a while yeah yeah and. I guess a lot of people complain so, That's when you. Started to, see uh google earth pro BEFORE that It didn't save pro. If, i if i'm remembering it correctly yeah.
Speaker 1: People are saying they want to screenshot how do? YOU share a screenshot in your Contacts i Guess Like In, h in hammers or world radio. League you do a SCREENSHOT your Content.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you WHAT i would, i'll tell you what i, would do just to be real Honest LET me get out of the what i would do Is. There is A free. Utility in windows it's called Snipping tool if you come to your windows search thing and. Just put in snip you get this it comes up, like This if you can see this and i'm GOING to click on new and then i just basically will HIGHLIGHT the, PART of the map that i Mean I don't have TO get the google, earth part if i don't want to but just kind of highlight, all this STUFF and it's got it and THEN i could save this as a i want to go ahead, and save it as a test map and then, we'll go and look at you know WHAT Did it actually look like when i i'm going to. Get, RID of that.
Speaker 1: And mm hmm yeah i use the Snipping. Tool all. The time instead, of windows it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is because it just makes you, can even do Videos. With. It now which is pretty yeah yeah so here's HERE'S basically what that looks LIKE after I. Put it in. A, jpeg, or png it's.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool Yeah yeah it looks.
Speaker 3: Good there's there's Greg's. Q T, h. Down, here by waco, hi greg.
Speaker 1: Awesome okay by the way.
Speaker 3: Just just does To add something, here this is. What i'm saying here let me. Unshare i'm gonna go back to Sharing where is my sharing button At i'm going to stop share and i'm going to go back to sharing just the just logbook because it's just going to be a whole. Lot, easier, to see YOU a, Second so UH this, Is dx cluster and in dx cluster i've. Got the work status indicator filter on there's a lot of software where there's this other software has this. Concept of needed stations or needed countries we don't We we've gotten away with that or i've gotten. Away from that with work status indicators so since, logbook already knows what's in your log we don't need to know what. The stations are or the countries are you just tell it to. Show show you The things you need. And right now i'm seeing one station there actually need to add them to the log. For and CONFIRM them for digital, Modes but if i take this off I'VE got two thousand spots. OR d x spots that are here i can. Scroll. Through them and see what's, there OH another another cool thing too which. I think is is really. Pretty COOL there's this new, FINE button if I, put in oh ok one w cf then it filters THAT list of SPOTS. Just down to, OK one, w cf that that alone i mean if you don't if you don't get the new. Version to get the features that's free that the features like this aren't features their. ENHANCEMENTS and and doesn't cost you anything i know a lot of people that want to they don't necessarily want to use the. Filter to find something in, their log they more often than not they'll they'll try to sort. By call sign just to find something so. You don't have to do. That anymore THERE'S a fine button here and IF i put in fined and, then i JUST put IN, you know let's say w one aw then it's going TO show me ALL, the QSOs with w one. A w, which is really really handy. I mean that's new and six' nine, it gets you to. The exact you know, STATIONS you're looking, at you, call in there. I see, it you. KNOW all those QSOs very cool very helpful i didn't, even ask the, developer TO put that in, and they did and i think it's cool. Which happens about ten PERCENT of the time they'll put something in i. Didn't, ask FOR and actually? Looks? Pretty, cool steve did i miss anything.
Speaker 1: Nope, okay oh.
Speaker 3: Let me add one thing yeah go, ahead, WE have folks CONTACTING us and, saying, HEY i put in i support requests RIGHT i sent in a ticket and either i didn't get a. Response back or or? Someone? CLOSED my TICKET so are you okay yeah i, Thought, I heard somebody hit the floor anyway. No, I hit.
Speaker 1: My microphone by the mistake, no i'm.
Speaker 3: Good so the process is that and and. So that we've got a. Dedicated support Team, they're they're involved all day it's like. Steve they're involved all day on outbound calls and we we definitely take support. Requests ON a first come for serve basis so I could tell a, longer Story about why i'm passionate about. That BUT i'll save it for another day but i really want to take. Customers on a first come for serve basis And if somebody calls, on the phone and steve answers the phone then HE'S going to make everybody who's been in q wait. While we take someone call on the, phone so they're on, outbound calls. All day taking them first in first out if you if you've reported something that happened to be a bug or a, Defect that the support team, Are not developers do you? Write? Any, code steve or you a developer, no no so he can't write any code. So he's not going to fix a bug so what he does is if he gets the beta testers or me or someone to verify. That what the customers, reported as a bug if it's a bug, it'll get added to the bug. Tracking system which is where the developers work and so there may be let's just say ten people call and content. Or contact support and report the same thing we, open one bug tracking record for that thing and all ten of those tickets will essentially be merged into a bug. Tracking ticket that's now in a different system so we close these ten with, a reference back to this bug tracking, number and when the bug has. Been, fixed it'll be, in our release notes now at, this point we're getting so few bug reports and the ones we, are getting are very unique to specific individuals. So we can't reproduce them, in, most cases so what we, do is well we'll have a beta build we'll, go back to, the, customer that reported it and we'll say hey we've got. To release, that we think resolves. Your problem try. This see if, it works they report back if. It's good then we close out one. Out it gets included in the. Next RELEASE if it doesn't fix, their problem then i go and, reopen it send it back to the developers and we repeat. That process until it resolves their their bugs so. That's why folks may see tickets getting. Closed it's not that we're dismissing your issue the email that you get back will actually give you the tracking number and. Tell you why it's being moved to development but that's that's a. Question that came up every now. And then but don't be alarmed by that it's just that that's that's the mechanic for how we get. It To the to the. To the developer tech sport's done their job now it's. Time. For? The?
Speaker 1: Developers, to do their job gotcha, okay cool, well this has been really good very, informative and just in case anyone was Wondering We Did not go. Through everything that Ham radio deluxe will do we, went through i'm surprised it's that much actually so a lot of a. Lot of cool stuff it'll do in there But you guys will be it. At ham. Cash in, a couple of weekends we will In, fact so anyone anyone going to ham cash stop buying get a mike always has a big like, what forty inch screen. There, at His Booth A couple of them yeah, show ham radio deluxe in a huge screen so you'll be able. To get a lot better look at it unless you're, watching me on a forty. Inch, screen tonight then you can see.
Speaker 3: That yeah but you can get in. And kick. Around, versus, six. If you want pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah totally totally it's great ask.
Speaker 3: Us questions we. Love. To see, People, COMING into the.
Speaker 1: Show totally.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well i think, we'll close it down there. It's pretty Good, pretty good time here tonight steve. And mike, thank you both for being here and uh we'll see both of, you in A couple of weeks for sure because m casion. Is going to be a really fun event i'm hoping. THAT it's warmer weather than it is Here i think we're, All READY for some florida seventy DEGREES weather so i. Really HOPE that's what.
Speaker 3: I heard they're getting they i heard they were getting. SNOW like within the last couple, Of DAYS i.
Speaker 1: Think they did last week so i can only cross my fingers and hope that's. All gone, by, THE time we get there, but yeah yeah i heard That Same thing so.
Speaker 3: We'll move, It, To key west, or something.
Speaker 1: All Right bill one last question. Since it's BEEN i'll grab it real quick WHERE? Do, i get. A beginner's tutorial for hrd.
Speaker 3: Yeah good question go to our YouTube Page. Which is YouTube dot com slash hamrayo deluxe there's a lot, of videos on how to use certain features. Like there's a quick start guide IN there the videos, are great because if i talk too fast, you can always, pause them or come back and you know you. CAN kind of Repeat things and follow along i did mention we've got. An online manual and you can use that. There's a lot, Of how to content. THERE but you know i'm a visual learner i prefer to, have somebody show me how to do it and we've got a. Lot of that stuff on our YouTube channel if you go onto the YouTube channel and you find that THERE'S a topic, that you're interested in that i don't hit just send us an, email, Or contact us via support and say hey i'd, really Like to see a video. On. This, And, I'm happy to do that.
Speaker 1: Perfect okay, Yeah. Bill. To YouTube channel that thank.
Speaker 3: You bill, yep and for the folks who are joining because, if we posted this on our social, media be sure to click the. Subscribe Button give the Video a thumbs up help jason and hand radio two point zero kind of attract more folks so, that we can we can get really good high quality hand radio, information out To people this show and others and. Help, jason, Kind of, get the.
Speaker 1: Message out Totally TOTALLY thanks guys appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We have and i, Don't, know how you want to do this jason but you have an affiliate link and if you. MAYBE put it in the description or something i think there's a twenty percent discount OF people Want, to, want To do.
Speaker 1: That i had okay yeah.
Speaker 3: Or lindy may have. Given you another one. I'M not exactly sure let's talk.
Speaker 1: About it i had a question about that. So let's talk, about that after it ends. AND then yeah you. Guys checked the description i will update, that if there, IS a discount in there whatever it is. I will, Put, it, In there, here shortly so cool yeah cool thanks. Guys hang out in. Zoom for a minute everyone in the, chat we'll see You Sometime later this week and then. In hamm cashion in a couple of weeks face to face of seventy three seize later