Speaker 1: Welcome back to Making It So. This is episode number forty eight. On this we are covering a strange New World's Season four, episode two, the Griffin Incident.
Speaker 2: I'm your host.
Speaker 1: Craig and my co host Steve all the way over there in the US in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: How are you going, buddy?
Speaker 3: What's up, ma'am?
Speaker 2: How's it looking over there? Mate? It's what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a nice summer day here. It's a Queensland winter. It was about twenty degrees during the day, twenty degrees celsius.
Speaker 3: So not even I'm counting down, the d is still fall I can't stand somewhere. As you know, I love the fall over here in New England is pretty fantastic.
Speaker 2: So noice.
Speaker 1: So for those of you listening to us on the audio mediums on different podcast platforms, we're also putting this out on YouTube with a video as well, So if you want to jump on over to our YouTube, that's the Geeking Camo YouTube, jump on there and have a look as well, and you can find this, yeah, advertised on all sorts of different social medias. It'll be on the Get into Geek podcast channel as well, and it'll be.
Speaker 2: All over my socials.
Speaker 1: You can find myself on Geeking Camo, on Facebook, Instagram threads. I'm now on x as well for those people. Yeah, or Twitter for those that still know it as Twitter. But yeah, Apart from that, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of news.
Speaker 1: So at Comic Con the other day, they were talking about a new Star Trek movie that they're working on, and they said it's going to be in a future that we haven't covered before or something along those lines. So I'm not sure if they're talking about like post Discovery future or if they're talking like post Picard future. In that I'm really hoping it's in the post Picard future, and it's not going to be a crew that we've used or followed before, so it's gonna be a whole new crew and a whole new movie. Now, from what I could tell, they didn't say it was going to be a streaming movie or a cinema movie.
Speaker 3: It's he nor there.
Speaker 1: So Okay, as we know, Steve and I will be getting into full spoilers for this episode A Strange New World, So if you haven't watched the episode yet and you don't want to be spoiled, please just pause this recording now wherever you are, go watch the episode and then come back. If you don't mind being spoiled, continue listening on. Please, you know it's a no an issue for us. So where shall we go for the synopsis this week?
Speaker 2: Steve? Shall we go off IMDb or Prime Video? What do you reckon? We'll paramount there?
Speaker 3: What one looks more ridiculous?
Speaker 2: They're both equal? This week? I amb D, I am dB dB okay.
Speaker 1: IMDb synopsis says Spock, Laan, and Kirk board a lost Federation ship where an old mystery becomes a survival crisis. And then Prime says la Spock and Kirk get trapped on a mysterious long lost Federation ship.
Speaker 3: So I think Prime did a better job. They're kind of setting up like much.
Speaker 1: But this episode it was a written and was written by Robbie Thompson and directed by Axel Carolyn, So.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if I've ever seen them on any anyway.
Speaker 1: So this episode opens with a personal log of James T.
Speaker 2: Kirk.
Speaker 1: He's hitching a ride back home with Spock and l on a shuttle after they were at some sort of a retreat where some admiral was. It was basically a at Dixon seminar. Of course, on their way back, they detect a distress signal. So I'm actually wondering where they had to go for the seminar, because back in this time those shuttles didn't exactly go massively fast either with their warp capability, so I'm hoping it wasn't too far that they had to go, but they detect.
Speaker 2: A distress signal. So one thing that I was a little bit like Spock was concerned with La about her distraction at the retreat. You know, I don't know, it just seemed a bit Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't necessarily Yeah, they don't necessarily scene. We understand it. They're together. You don't need to hammer in the feelings every time you get the chance to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, Star Trek has always covered relationships and stuff, but it just, I don't know, it just didn't well. Later on in this episode there is a lot more of their relationship and you know, all that sort of stuff. So yeah, that is what it is.
Speaker 2: But they come across.
Speaker 3: Better done though, it's better done. As Nichols into the episode, absolutely, yeah, that particular was kind of like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they come across like a bit of an asteroid field sort of thing, and in it they find the USS Griffin n CC one zero six seven.
Speaker 2: Now that's a.
Speaker 1: Constitution class ship looking at it all right, now, wasn't the USS Constitution the one the class was named after. It's registry number one seven zero zero, and.
Speaker 3: That'd be on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: It was so, because Yeah, usually with the classes of ships, they all, you know, for they start ye one seven zero zero, and then the next one will be one seven zero one one seven zero two and so forth right.
Speaker 2: Obviously the Enterprise, as.
Speaker 1: We get into next gen and all that sort of stuff, they just go one seven zero one abc D.
Speaker 2: Say, for like the Sovereign, like it would have been.
Speaker 1: You know, eight eight whatever, you know, for instance, and then the next ship in the line would have been eight eight zero one or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: So Howard sixty seven, Yeah, one.
Speaker 2: Zero six seven.
Speaker 1: It's to me that didn't make sense. But yeah, it had been missing for nine years apparently this ship too, so.
Speaker 3: They have a mission ships out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It actually makes me wonder how many ships over the years that Stafleet has actually lost.
Speaker 3: So I was thinking about it when I was going to get my coffee. I was thinking about that exact thing. I'm like, how many times has this happened? And how many more ships like that? Is there? Have they lost like a total of like seventy ships or you know the making of Stifleet so like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and they had what three it said they had three hundred souls on board, so obviously the crew and yeah with Captain Taggart and they were all gone. So as they are prepping for the away mission, they realize that they've only got two torches.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Kirk was like, oh, yeah, well lucky I was a boy scout and yeah, he's always prepared and he's got like a spare.
Speaker 2: Torch and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool, Yeah, everyone's got their little go bag, I guess, sir for that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Me just getting back to like Kirk being on the Enterprise and why he's there. It just seemed like another reason for them to kind of filter him in with the crew that's presently there and you know what's going to happen in the future when he eventually takes it over. Obviously that's the case to trying to make him more of like a familiar face of the show. I just thought it was kind of hand fisted to get him in there a little.
Speaker 1: Bit his current here we go, his current ship must be always pretty close to the Enterprise at the moment, and.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking. I'm like, how is he How is it always the Enterprise? I don't think people sometimes understand how many ships are in Starfleet. Yeah, thousand, ten to fifteen thousand ships, and it says always the Enterprise that happens to be near him. It's just odd. It just seems very hand fisted if you really step back and think of it.
Speaker 2: I actually like him playing Kirk, though.
Speaker 1: He he is very much playing a younger Kirk, which makes sense obviously, but you can see little parts in there occasionally of where he has watched Shatner and learned from him.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will say this, I may not love the character like to me, like like everybody said up the jump, he does look like a bargain story Jim Carey to me, I cannot get that out of my head. I cannot undersee it whatsoever. But the more that he's been in the show, the more I've got used to him. Because obviously he's here to stay and the more I've just kind of gotten past that and looked at his mannerisms, the maneurisms in the little Slate Kirk things that he's done was very evident in this episode. Actually, it was definitely noticed.
Speaker 1: So very smartly before they beamed over to the Griffin, Spock sent a message with the coordinates and everything to the Enterprise by long range, which I thought was very smart to do that, so, you know, excellent, you know, let them know what they're doing. But at the same time, it probably would have been more smart to leave one of them on the shuttle and only send two over.
Speaker 2: For the ship. Yeah, or tactics the thing.
Speaker 1: You leave one on there and then you can automatic you can use someone on the shuttle to beam them out straight away if they need to in case there's any issues.
Speaker 3: Or send a full compliment of crew if you really wonder about what's going over there. If it pissed me off so much when they were worried about what was going on, none of them had their freaking feezers so bad. But even though it didn't do anything, I get it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, as soon as they beam over to the Griffin, Laarn comments that the artificial gravity is on because she was expecting to be floating, which totally makes sense to me. So I'm glad that they didn't mention that because that, yeah, some people could have made an.
Speaker 2: Issue about that.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad they did mention that because that ship, as I said, had been lost for nine years. Straight Away, Kirk hears a baby crying, but nobody else hears it, so we're like, what is going on here? So straight away though, this episode made me think of Event Horizon.
Speaker 3: When you thought it felt like adventurism, Ah, maybe, oh, as I say, that didn't give me the vibe then, But actually right when I saw that, you'll get into it. But the character, the first character that we see a lot of them, that's when I kind of get the vibe.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, okay, yeah, well when I didn't pick up one.
Speaker 3: Event Horizon to be fair, but I felt like it was very similar to some other horror sci fi that we've seen.
Speaker 1: Well, would Event Horizon come out? And I think what nineteen ninety seven and Sam Neil was in the movie. Last week we were doing a bit of Jurassic Park, which was a Sam Neil movie as well. So I'm wondering what we're going to rip off of a Sam Neil movie next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, that's true. I forgot about that. By the way, rest in p Sam Neil is one of the greatest actors we had many now, he was never afraid to do rules that people would probably think would be below him, and I loved him for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so the ship itself has just this creepy empty vibe and it's still got some very minor lighting going. It doesn't even really seem broken, you know, it seemed just everything's just gone.
Speaker 3: It seems like a modern Star Trek ship. Very dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, very dark.
Speaker 3: Honestly, maybe it was the Nate shift or nothing.
Speaker 1: They figure out that they've got one hour of life support left. There are no shuttles on the ship left, all the escape poards are gone, but there are no records of any launch at all.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. So what the hell has happened on this thing?
Speaker 1: So you know, they were checking through the computers as well, and that they're trying to make sure that there was there was no experiments that they'd done that were going wrong, and you know.
Speaker 2: Shit like that.
Speaker 1: So we did learn though that Starfleet has a what's called a Division twelve, which is like an investigative arm that looks after unexplained phenomenon, which I thought was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you like that? There's going to be a lot more divisions for certain things as well forever.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, so obviously we've got Division twelve, so yeah, there's probably another, you know, at least eleven more divisions before.
Speaker 3: That or sections.
Speaker 1: Well, so section the name section thirty one actually comes from Section thirty one of the Federation Charter.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, but which is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, what other parts of the Federation Charter are they taking secsions from?
Speaker 3: I guess, you never know, they could do it, It could be possible.
Speaker 1: So they're strolling down the hall, I guess, and then they see a you know what I can only describe at that point as a creepy zombie, yeah, in a Starfleet uniform, like down the hall, and they follow it and then it disappears like that goes around a corner and there's a closed bulkhead there, so where did it go?
Speaker 2: So already we're like, yeah.
Speaker 3: But you always follow the creepy zombie on an empty size ship. That's what you usually do.
Speaker 1: Well, every creepy horror movie, like there's you know, someone that you know gets based or follows the creepy zombie or the dude with the chainsaw, you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: With the flashlights, the flashlight's just a beam instead of it being actually.
Speaker 1: Bright the old trope of flickering the flashlight. Did they with a batula or anything, So they kept away from that, which was nice.
Speaker 3: It was brighter than most horror movies that the flashlight, but if you ever noticed it, it's just like, why why do they have a flashlight if it's not eliminating.
Speaker 2: Anything anyway, So.
Speaker 1: That creepy zombie thing says that I've been waiting for you as it like disappears, so it's like.
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: Then you know, we actually get the opening titles of the episode.
Speaker 2: So that's around about the eight minute mark, so.
Speaker 1: Much earlier than last week's like fifteen minutes in.
Speaker 3: It's a good cold open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was opening so that.
Speaker 1: There was no life signs on this ship at all, despite what they had just seen, but they were detecting some negatively charged ions. So Spocks said that, and then Kirk's like you mean ghosts and spots Like no, I said negatively charged ions. Anyway, they come across a door which is to Sick Bay, we learn which is got these bars welded across it, which is cool. Like I got a little bit of Walking Dead vibes from that. I don't know if you've ever seen that show, The Walking.
Speaker 2: Dead where just the first season.
Speaker 1: Well, any zombie sort of thing really like you get you know, if there's zombies inside, you're going to weld the doors closed, like, but then they decide, hey, we're going to try and get in there anyway.
Speaker 2: But there's Starfleet phaser.
Speaker 1: Burns around and on this door there are also kling On Disruptor and Vulcan phaser burns, So you know what Vulcan ship come across this thing, and what kling On ship came across this thing as well, and we're just like, yeah, we're out of here.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: They all, you know, disappear on the ship as well.
Speaker 3: So you wouldn't think after Vulcans had disappeared, they would at least communicate that with I mean it had been to the ship, they would communicate that with starf.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Kirk starts hearing the child crying again, and he starts to walk off, and then Lahan stops him as they lower the barricades on the door. So you know, you're hearing all this creepy stuff. A door has been deliberately welded closed and had bars put across it. But hey, we're just going to pull those off. Yeah, real smart guys, let's uh help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they go into you know, sick Bay and there's a whole bunch of empty body bags. Now, one thing I did notice about those empty body bags, each individual one has a different crew.
Speaker 2: Member's name on it.
Speaker 3: Preordained.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like you know, if I was a crew member on that ship and then I died, they'd go and find my body bag. That to me was very very weird because you know, coming from my military background, if you know, they don't have that you know, marked for everyone. They just have a body bag and then they'll put a name on it.
Speaker 3: That's like a very drastic measure to have for every single you know, potential death on the ship. It is kind of creepy point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, very very good.
Speaker 3: I like, why would you put the name on it? Just have a bunch of body bags they give they like a random member of the crew with a stumble crust, like, oh, you have a body bag for me? Interesting, Like I get why they do, but isn't that something that you could also materialize with a you know, like what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Missing the word?
Speaker 1: They didn't really have replicators per se at this period either, so they.
Speaker 3: Could do material and stuff.
Speaker 1: They could do a certain amount, but I'm not sure if it just seems absolute waste to me to be having each each crew member when they come on board, you know, come with like a pack that's got their body bag in its, Like I've got a new crew member. One of my jobs today is to print a new body bag for this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or just switched the tag from the person who left the ship.
Speaker 2: Decide that they're going to head off to the bridge.
Speaker 1: Before they go, though, Lan tells Spock to stay safe and gives him a kiss.
Speaker 3: By they say's let's split up. It's like the number one, you know all horror movies. I knew she was going to say it before she said it, And she goes, let's let up, and like, you got kidding me? Why would you split up? Right now? What a terrible idea anyway, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So on their way to the bridge, Kirk and Lahn are talking about Carol and David. So if you're not familiar and you haven't watched all of this, and you know, don't fully have an idea on Kirk and his relationship. He has a partner Carol, Carol Marcus, and they have a son called David. That becomes very relevant. Was in Star Trek five, isn't it?
Speaker 3: It's well, it's a country. It's the one with con which I just watched the other day, and then the Return of Spark or the Church for Spark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's it. Something happened to him, yes, yes, well.
Speaker 3: We're in a spoilers section he dies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. You haven't seen those movies by now, what are you.
Speaker 3: Doing, Christopher Lloyd? Come on? Uh? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So Kirk then asks Larn about her family and she's like, yeah, well, Staflee, it's my family, which she's basically a career officer, Like this is it for her? She's yeah, because of her augmented family background and everything, she doesn't want anything to do with it. So it's just Starfleet is her family, and that is it.
Speaker 3: But it's also a way for her to dodge around the question, of course, you know what I mean, or jump around the question because we still don't know everything about her past.
Speaker 1: So then we saw this creepy figure in the hall behind them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a little bit weird.
Speaker 1: But then they sort of felt it as well, and then they were like, oh, well, there's no negatively dions. So then they enter the turbo lift to the bridge. So this is a little bit of an inconsistency thing. So early on in Strange New Worlds, when they get in the turbo lifts, they would hold on to the little handle thing on the wall and twist it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've stopped doing that.
Speaker 1: Obviously in the original series that that's what they would do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one thing about the show I don't really love. And it comes to the end when perfect example is pakes Quarters. Nothing seems to fit for that error in a lot of ways, some stuff some stuff does, most of it doesn't. I still like it, but it doesn't necessarily fit with that err and I feel like they could have done a little better with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course in certain areas.
Speaker 1: All right, So Spark is interrogating the computer trying to find out what actually happened, and he figures out that all of them were beamed off the ship somehow, all right, not all of them, well no, not all of them, quite a few, I think it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there were.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven were beamed directly into space. Yeah, right, thirteen victims and there was something else. Yeah, but those two hundred and eighty seven were beamed into space while they were still alive. And it seems that that into space, was it? Lieutenant Harper, the security chief from her reports, imagine that being beamed straight into space?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just.
Speaker 3: Fucked instant death though, so instant, you weren't even I mean, the temperature out there is so colle so yeah, just a vacuum itself is going to kill youself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a knockol, knockol at all. Anyway, Spock, he gets himself trapped in sick bay, all right, and then the coms aren't working. Now when he turns around, all of a sudden, the body bags that are laying on, like the biobeds and stuff in the sick bay there are filled with bodies.
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on? What the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: And then blood starts pulling in them. This is just like, how is this happening?
Speaker 3: You know? It's Hour of Star Trek ever, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, like they'd already done like a zombie episode. I think it was last season. Anyway, is looking at Harper's video log, and then all of a sudden, the body bag behind him sits up, and inside that body bag, it like opens it up and to ring, isn't it of all people?
Speaker 2: I wasn't expecting that at all, to be honest, No, I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't either, hold Springs Spring wasn't seen that at all.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Lan she's looking at the log as well, and the log seems to be talking to her all right. Anyway, they look out the viewscreen or the window on the bridge there and they see their own shuttle that they came on just destroyed outside. So it wouldn't have made more sense to like either dock that shuttle somehow or fly it into a shuttle bay before they beamed in. But I don't know how it got destroyed. They never said how it got destroyed or did it actually get destroyed or was that just in there?
Speaker 3: That's something we never find out actually correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not see it in my couple of watches of the episode. So I'm starting to think now that that shuttle being destroyed was probably in their imagination.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, they should have never been on the ship. If it's missing for nine years, there's a lot more going on than what they probably had seen. They like ten minutes, you.
Speaker 1: Know, we'll sit here, We'll wait for the Enterprise to come, and then once the Enterprise gets here, we can maybe send over a wait team to figure out what happened. But you know, just wait for Division twelve, wait for those guys and get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you can launch a rescue mission because you do. Hear the beacon going off, so obviously you have to go pay attention to it. Doesn't mean you have to a board the ship. Yeah, correct, it's not going to change anything. It's not going to change anything.
Speaker 1: So to prose, try to recount how she got there. But she doesn't even really know how she got there. Spock, he doesn't believe that it's actually to pring and he's sort of trying to ignore he basically to a point. Yeah, they sort of discuss, you know, what's happening, and yeah, it's it's it's a little bit of a strange interaction. Ah, but yeah, Kirk and Laarn, they're just like, yep, we basically need to get out of here, and they decide that Division twelve can deal with it. So Division twelve to me seems a bit like the X Files from.
Speaker 2: The FBI Paranormal kind of exactly.
Speaker 3: So that sar Fleet runs into.
Speaker 1: Now Lane decides that she's going to head to Engineering. The box already by himself, Kirk is bought and will Kirk will be by himself on the bridge, and then she's going to be by herself and Engineering, Like, you've already seen enough creepy stuff on the ship.
Speaker 2: Why are we splitting up?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: I know is a bad our security chief. Yeah, tough as all nails, but Puck, don't split up.
Speaker 3: It was unnecessary. It's unnecessary. It's like the reason why you know, Spoilered. I didn't love the episode. I don't really love horror. The reason why it kind of pissed me off is because it's like, it's so tropy. It's just so tropy.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: There was so many elements about this episode that was awesome. It was fantastic. Was probably one of the better sci fi television episodes horror Wise, there was, but it was so tropy it took me out in that elementally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right for the beginning, the characters in this episode of clearly never seen a horror movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think the enterprise.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, yeah, I don't think they have movie nights like the NXO one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they watch old school movies.
Speaker 1: But to bring she recounts a story too Spock that she'd only ever told Spock in order to try and prove to him that she's real. But then Spock calls her out and it's like, well, you're just in my head. Yeah, it could just be coming from my brain. So anyway, Lan, she's down in engineering and she's watching more of Harper's logs, and we see something walking up behind her, and then it does get up to her and it touches her shoulder, and she seems to think that it Spock.
Speaker 3: Right like, and she touches the hand back and still thinks and spot like.
Speaker 1: She was that confident that it sounded like Spock walking up behind her and engineering, yeah, and then yeah, she's touching this hand on her shoulder, which ends up being like zombie Harber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even if you thought it was spucked. You don't turn around at all on a creepy ship and be like just to make sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then it vanishes. So Kirk is seen then back on the bridge working through the common station.
Speaker 2: And I didn't mention it earlier.
Speaker 1: He had a little toy for his son David in his you know, like his go bag, I guess.
Speaker 2: But somehow that little toy ended up in the ready room on the bridge.
Speaker 1: So but then he hears a baby in the comm's console there, Wow, he took out.
Speaker 2: It creeps you out.
Speaker 3: It took me out where he phones the baby the wall? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Well in the console? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, yeah, because because they can say it with the troops. He walks towards the noise, bends down in the dik, snaps back up towards it again, walks up slowly, and he thinks there's a baby in the wall. Like, what would make you think there was an actual baby in the wall even if you heard it? You have to is there, stifling captain of your train for these scenarios, what would make you instantly think that this is what's going on?
Speaker 1: I suppose when people are going crazy they don't actually know that they're going crazy. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess so, yeah, it is one of those things.
Speaker 1: Spocking to Pring, they're working on trying to get the door to Sick Bay open and they're messing with the.
Speaker 2: Wires and stuff. But then to Pring she's stuns Spock with a phaser. Okay, cool, something's happening. Yeah, And then like we do.
Speaker 1: Jump around quite a lot in this between like the bridge and Engineering and Sick Bay. But there are a whole bunch of figures in Engineering talking to Laan all right, Like they'd be at least a hundred of them, if not more, you know, all different races.
Speaker 2: I haven't mentioned it. Cool shirt by the way, Steve with Hammer on it, and.
Speaker 3: You thought of it because they saw the dead Andorians behind. Yes, I thought one of them was hamp Hammer and I'm like, oh, it's not, because you're in a different ship.
Speaker 1: So it was like there was Andorians, there was humans. I think they might even have been at Norse can in there at some point as well.
Speaker 3: Did join Starfleet.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, but it might not have been a Norseic and it was.
Speaker 3: It was that an individual Kit just probably joined.
Speaker 2: But well, yeah, like we've got water just joined stuff on. So I guess I.
Speaker 3: Remember of star Fleet. Well I was thinking of myself, they're a member of Starfleet now, but they're not. They would just have peace the star Fleet, so.
Speaker 1: Well at peace with the feder Yeah. So Stock comes to and he's strapped to the table in sick bay.
Speaker 3: I did it really happened to him?
Speaker 1: She tells so to Pring, you know, she tells him that his humanity is not his weakness, but it is his strength. Then she gets these surgical shears and cuts off the tips of his ears in order to make him more human, just the tip I do. But they graphically showed that too.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, it was.
Speaker 1: It was more graphic Star Trek episodes in a way, like we have some some graphic things in Star Trek before. But cutting the tips off of a fwkin's ears that was like wow. And then they were bleeding green, which I appreciated that they kept blood green.
Speaker 2: I did appreciate that.
Speaker 3: This is definitely the most glory, the most blood, the most maniacal we've seen Side Trek.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think so they have.
Speaker 3: To be, especially as one of the deaths that we'll talk.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kirk, he's freaking out looking for his son. Then we get Pike, Sam Kirk, Whura owner, and Erica Ortegas.
Speaker 2: They all beam in.
Speaker 1: So I will say it, and I've said it before, I really love their Away Team jackets.
Speaker 2: They're cool. I really want one.
Speaker 3: Pretty much everything they wear.
Speaker 1: These uniforms that they have on Strange New Worlds are so clean and crisp and awesome to look at.
Speaker 2: They are very very.
Speaker 3: Good in the Beger. His his definite, definite pull towards like the the older version of the side Trek style of uniforms. You can see it in his two a lot more compared to Pikes or everybody else's. You can see the filtering in of different elements of the original series. You know, love that they actually do.
Speaker 1: So the Away Team they can't actually get coms out either, so and then who or she heads over to like the comms console and it's just yeah, it's a mess of wires and you know parts. And then Kirk admits that he heard his son David in the console and he basically broke it trying to get him out. So I think it's at that point the Away Team there sort of is like with there's some weird going on here.
Speaker 3: Oh well you don't say. Yeah, it pissed me off so bad watching this one.
Speaker 1: They figured out though, that they may be able to beam off of the ship one at a time. So there's not enough power to beam everyone off in one hit, but they might be able to beam everyone off one at a time, so they'll give that a crack. So Sam Kirk he sort of consoles his brother a bit though, so because you know, as we know Sam, he works on the enterprise at this point. Yeah, and he's trying to console his brother. So Lan she starts to head up to the bridge, but on her way up, the turbolift stops at deck seventeen, and she's like okay, and she tries to get it to go again, and then it stops at deck seventeen, and then again a third time, and it stops at deck seventeen. So it just seems to be stuck there. Doesn't want to go anywhere, so she gets off, but there is a heap of plastic sheeting or hanging around in the hallway in deck seventeen. So from what I can gather, deck seventeen seems to be like a crew quarter's deck.
Speaker 2: Why the hell is there a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: Of like it looks like painters sheeting hanging around, Like were they they just happened to be in the middle of like renovations when it's a very odd or was it just there Someone's like, Oh, let's make it look more creepy and put some plastic sheeting up.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what I took out of it. Originally I was like, this screams lake like some weird warehouse in Detroit where the serial killer has people tied up in some oddly electrical place that has electricity, but it has these typeshile around it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so she goes into one of the quarters. She finds blood on the wall, right, but then she finds this cool knife. Like, I actually really liked the look of that knife.
Speaker 2: It was cool.
Speaker 3: Was it kleanon? It was not a regular traditional clean ion.
Speaker 1: But it's to me it had a little bit of vibes of like a thinner tracker knife. I don't know if you've ever seen a track of knife before very much, but I had those kind of vibes to me, maybe a little bit of cookery vibes from like a Gurkha knife.
Speaker 3: That's what I get out of it. That's when I get out of it, like the angle to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who was held.
Speaker 1: It could have been a bit of a mixture between the two. I'm going to see if I can find out what that knife is actually and who makes it, you see, if there are any over here that we can get so because it was definitely cool, but we find out that that quarters is actually Harper Quarters.
Speaker 2: So the security chief of the Griffin.
Speaker 1: Laan, keeps seeing these recordings in all of these different consoles all the time.
Speaker 2: But then Laan smashes it. So Hura comes.
Speaker 3: From she smashes it because it's herself. Yeah yeah, and she's like, what the hell and she just smashes the thing.
Speaker 1: Back back in sick bay to bring us starting to cut the bottom right hand side of Spock's shirt off. Now, if anybody knows anything about vulcan physiology, the bottom right hand side is where their heart is.
Speaker 2: So I can't remember what episode that.
Speaker 1: They mentioned that in, but yeah, that is where the vulcan heart is. So, which is not smart having your heart in the stomach area because it doesn't have the protection of your rib cage, but they apparently that's where it is.
Speaker 3: The Klingons have redundant Oregon for everything.
Speaker 1: So so at that point though Una and Pike they come in and to Bring is then just gone.
Speaker 2: So it's like it snaps snaps Spock out of whatever he's in and to Bring has just disappeared.
Speaker 3: So that brings him into a different area.
Speaker 1: So Sam and Jim Kirk are both on the bridge and Sam then starts to talk about.
Speaker 2: The toy and you know how he.
Speaker 1: You know, buys toys for his kid. Jim asks him how he manages to balance family with staff leet, which is a really good question for him to be asking his brother, considering his brother has a family already with two kids, and you know, he's trying to have his own family himself with you know, young David and Carol.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: I thought that that was a good character brotherly moment. I really I did like that. But then Sam starts to hear his own kid, Peter. So now this hallucinations is starting to spread to the away team that comes come to rescue them. But Jim he's realized at this point that it's not real, and he starts to tell him that it's not real, but the doors to the bridge sea.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so Lan and Erica they've gone to the transporter room with a her to try and beam out one by one, and.
Speaker 2: Erica's like, yep, I'll go first.
Speaker 3: Essentially, holy hey, she written lyon realizes that they're there. After she smashes the screen and it looks up and realizes that they're on the ship. Now just popped into like into the scenario right then and there. Yeah, yeah, it's like, where the fuck did they come from?
Speaker 2: They're trying to beam her out.
Speaker 1: Well, Lahana is trying to beat Erica out, and from what I could gather, she was almost being folded in on herself until.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Huah tried to stop her.
Speaker 1: But then yeah, she ended up putting her in like the transport a buffer to save her. Because I was I was almost expecting that we were going to see Erica in like this pile of meat mess on the.
Speaker 3: Floor, kind of like the motion picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's exactly what.
Speaker 3: I just watched. I just watched it last week, so so I was like, I've been watching him in a row, So I'm up to you know, the search the spot towards the end of it, but that same thing happens. Yeah, And watching Kirk speak at facet of that one was it was right when he takes over the ship, you know, and realizes he has a no, a damn thing about the enterpriser. Yep.
Speaker 1: So Pike and Una they put Spock back into sick Bay right onto.
Speaker 2: The biobed and basically tie him down again.
Speaker 1: Una starts to cut herself with a scalpel, like, oh, I.
Speaker 3: Hated this whole thing because I don't know, I don't like that either.
Speaker 1: So even in other movies and stuff, I hate seeing I know, obviously it's not real, but I know, yeah, I hate seeing people cutting themselves, and I hate seeing druggies giving themselves needles with drugs and stuff as well.
Speaker 2: Its me out, amen, that's up.
Speaker 3: But there was this movie growing up called It's remember Stevo from Jackass yea, And there's this movie about his drug addiction is alcohol addiction. It's called Peace CP Saved My Life. The freaking opening seed of that is him shooting up her h underneath the bridge and you're like, what what is going on? Like I was into, Like, I just felt disgusting the entire time watching it. And you know we were younger, all my buddies and watching and I'm still there.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, no, it's yeah, I just hate seeing it. Like I'm okay with obviously in the army, I've had plenty of like vaccinations and needles, and you know, I've given blood and I'm happy to like put my own ID and stuff in.
Speaker 2: I can do that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: But as soon as it's got anything to do with drugs or people cutting themselves.
Speaker 2: And stuff, yeah, I do not like it at all.
Speaker 1: Obviously, not worried about not worried about blood and things. It's just the idea of somebody cutting into themselves for well, yeah, it's just it creeps me out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I give blood plasma and you know in the in the main vein of your arm here, Like that doesn't bug me out, and I'm actually really good with it, but seeing somebody do it's.
Speaker 1: Like I'm that type of person that when I have a blood test or something done, I will literally watch the blood come out into the vial. I'm fine with that, but it's yeah, drugs and people, you know, self harming.
Speaker 2: I just don't like it.
Speaker 3: And I love drugs numbs kids.
Speaker 1: Uh Anyway, so Sam and Jim Kirk they're trying to pry the doors open to the bridge so they can get out of the bridge. But then the view screen starts to crack. Now, this is probably one of the more graphic scenes of the whole episode. In my opinion, this is the.
Speaker 3: Most graphic scene in Sidetrack.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sam starts to get caught and you know, blown pulled out through the hole in the view screen and then we see his body as a floating mess of and like mince mate and blood in space.
Speaker 3: It was like, whoa, can we talk about this for a second because I didn't like the episode. It is what it is. I don't think it was a bad episode. It's just not for me. That's actually thought. It was a good episode, just not for me the way that so when he hit the glass, I said, he can't just stop the air. You can't have him. He has to die this way because the amount of vacuum on his back exposed in the pressure, but just on his actual skin, it would suck liquid out of you. And that's exactly what happened to him. And I'm like yes, as it was going, I was like yeah, typically right, and then boom, you know, he gets out, But what killed the scene for me graphically wise, as he's floating away, you see all the spring of all that, and he's all messed up, and you're like, that's exactly how he would die right there. But what but took me out at the end of it is so Jim gets the doors open and like that suction is coming through the view screen, that whole entire cabin has been depressurized and he is able to open the doors up at that point, fall through the other side without holding onto anything, and go no to his brother. But meanwhile that vacuum is still happening twenty feet away from Yeah, you're right, So so scientifically speaking, you know, they got the gore part right, but not like the actual science of what can happen to somebody who's trying to escape.
Speaker 2: That's right, It will make sense at the end.
Speaker 3: I know why it does make sense because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like spoilers, it's all in their mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spoiler spoilert for the whole episode that we already said was spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: She's just trying to escape from La'an, like Ohura is freaking the hell out because Laana had like tried to turn Erica inside out basically with the transporter. Then Hura gets slashed by Harper or what we think is Harper, but it turns out that all along Harper has basically been Laan in her own mind, and it was slashes of her.
Speaker 3: Did you see that at one point though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well yeah you kind of you guess that. Yeah, it kind of made sense with the when she smashed that view screen in the quarters.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's where I first got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So and then Laan has this creepier smile about slashing ra.
Speaker 3: So I actually liked it because we've talked about that. We think she's beautiful.
Speaker 2: She's beautiful, beautiful woman.
Speaker 3: You don't get to see her like really smile, smile that much and have a lot of emotion because she's very stoic. She's she's a.
Speaker 2: Creepy smile.
Speaker 3: It was creepy, but I was like, that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Some actors, you you look at them and the way they portray the character. And I'll use Richard Dean Anderson for instance, like the way he plays Colonel O'Neill in Stargate. That to me from the videos and stuff I've seen of Richard Dean Anderson seems like that is like there's so much of Richard Dean Anderson.
Speaker 2: In that character. But Ahn, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't seem like there's there's no Christina Chong in that character of lan Like she's such a lovely person, and like Lanen is lovely in her own way, but she's so you know, stoic and you know, very stern and everything. Christina Chong not like that. So yeah, hats off to her with her acting.
Speaker 2: Great. Yeah, but I like.
Speaker 3: Her character a lot in the show. And I think I've told you before, and I don't gravitate towards a lot of the characters overall, and Benga I do.
Speaker 2: And Beanger.
Speaker 1: He's probably I think I've said it before. He's probably my favorite in the whole show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, He's one of the type star Trek actors in general. For me, it's like like every single thing that he does in every single scene or five second clip, like at the end of the show, you know, at the end of this last week's episode, you know, when he talks to Blake, it's just so on point and it's very well done. It's not overused. His characters perfect of the show.
Speaker 2: Now, her wins in the hall.
Speaker 1: She stabs him straight through with this knife, like from the front and it goes all the way through out the back as well.
Speaker 2: Like wow, I wasn't real too, really yeah, real, this is not in their mind. This is just part.
Speaker 1: And she runs him through hard. Then we see back in Sick Bay, Pike is cooking. Spock is still tied up again, and this is graphic as hell too.
Speaker 3: I don't like this. This is the worst part for me.
Speaker 1: He is cutting his own fingers off into chunks.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've done it as a twenty five year former chef for somebody who's actually cut like literally the tip of my finger off. I don't know how it's grown back. It took me out intec. I'm like, it just brought me back to that ultimate pain, bro.
Speaker 1: When I was about or eleven, I cut the tip of my index finger here off and I had to have it sewn back on.
Speaker 2: And there's no feeling in the end of that finger.
Speaker 3: Now I still have finger feeling in both of them that I did it too. But I'm telling you, man, I don't even know how he looks even remotely norm Walkers. I mean, I cut just that feeling of see him do it. I think I know it was fake, but it's just like.
Speaker 1: Anyway, a Pike Key collapses after he's cut his fingers off, and then Spock asks them to let him, yeah, let everybody else go, and to take him like he's willing to sacrifice himself in order to protect the rest of his.
Speaker 2: Crew, which is awesome logical yep, absolutely this went.
Speaker 1: Spring comes at him with a cleaver and then all of a sudden he's free, and she's gone like wow, all right.
Speaker 2: So then Kirk is trying to get away from.
Speaker 1: La arm so Lane tells Jim his little boy is going to die just like him at the end of a blade in a dark corner of space.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Massive foreshadowing, massive foreshadowing.
Speaker 3: Its shadowed.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Anyway, At that point is when they all get beamed out of the Griffin back to the Enterprise. So Pike is there, everybody else essentially is there, and it's at that point where it's definitely made clear to all of us that the away team that had gone to rescue them on the Griffin, we're not actually there. So it was all in their mind the whole time.
Speaker 3: What did you instantly think? So for me, in this scene, what were you thinking when they're being done to the.
Speaker 1: Ship And while I was like, Okay, that's definitely not real, but I'm like, I'm hoping that this is actually happening at this point that they have been rescued, that's what all.
Speaker 2: What were you thinking?
Speaker 3: Get him to the medical bay and is immediately somebody goes over to an emergency medical beam, to emergency beam out to medical bay. Boom, right the medical bay.
Speaker 2: They all stood there like this, yeah, really he stunned.
Speaker 3: They're off trained from That's why it always gets me this. They're all trained professionals on five year mission a long period of time. The man is stabbed right in front of him on the ground and they're all standing there like like I get being shocked. Maybe in the third second somebody actually moves. I don't know. That just took me out. I have somebody do something.
Speaker 1: I have seen any a soldier in my career on operations freeze up in the middle of enemy action or or when someone has been shot or you know, stabbed or something or has a graphic injury.
Speaker 2: People just do they freeze up. It doesn't matter how much training. It just happens to some people. It doesn't tend to happen.
Speaker 3: Does that happen to every single person in the room.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it could.
Speaker 3: Somebody's going to be like, somebody's going to have a straight mind to be like, yeah, being shocked. Shocked factor is definitely a thing, but somebody's gonna do something. You've seen it plenty of times. People can just snap into snap into that fucking scenario no matter what's going on. Yeah, you see people who can't, but there's tons of people who also can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's at this point out of it. Jim Kirk straight away though, all credit to him.
Speaker 1: He asks about his brother straight away because he's like, it wasn't real.
Speaker 2: But then yeah, Pike is like, he's on shore leave and arge he then drops the knife.
Speaker 1: So we go to a little bit later now and Benga is having a bit of a chat to Pike about the whole thing, and they this is where they talk about Division twelve again. Now, this is where we find out that Pike he has reported I think he said six different things to Division.
Speaker 2: Twelve through his career, and he yeah, a couple of them.
Speaker 1: Had found out to be like aliens and stuff, but a few of them they still don't know what they are. Yeah, but they also Pike doesn't even know where Division twelve's base of operations is.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know more about Division twelve?
Speaker 1: I really yes, Yeah, it would make an interesting book at least, you know, I'm not going to say it all don't don't show.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want another you know, shitty failed Section thirty one movie type of thing. I don't want a Division twelve movie like that.
Speaker 3: I got a question for you. Yes, it just popped into my head because you know, they used to do this a lot with shows, when with with like little tidbits like this, and they'd fill in a whole storyline. Star Trek is a huge example of it, you know, whether it's the background character then all of a sudden you got his whole entire story out of it. Do they currently make Strange New World comics that kind of fill in some of the storylines that we are seeing?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I've got heaps of Star Trek books like you know, current anything current like this show.
Speaker 2: I can't say that I have seen any.
Speaker 1: No, actually I need to do that. Strange New World comics, yeah, I'm pretty sure they are.
Speaker 3: But are they I wonder if they're tying them in with the events that take place in the show, or if they're you know, like a separate story, you know, because I do know, like me and you have gone with some of the books that I have here to my left, some of them are adjacent to the stories that we've seen on screen. Love that because it fills in those little gaps, you know, you don't have to make a full movie about it, just tell us a little bit of story about it.
Speaker 1: I've lived all around the country in the Army, and yeah, like where I currently live, I don't even know if we've got a local comic book store.
Speaker 3: We have a ton here in the States that are actually still around. Nostalgia and video games and comics and all of that, and retro toys are like at the peak over here, so you can pretty.
Speaker 1: Much my seven year old and I we love playing retro games. We've got a like an old Nintendo sixty four and we've got like some game stick thing that plugs into the back of the TV that's got like ten thousand games on it as well, like Nintendo. We were playing with a Street Fighter two the other night.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the best one.
Speaker 2: Street fight to and pizza. That's what we did. It was great anyway.
Speaker 1: So Pike asks Embanga about Kirk and how he's going, and he says that they are healing physically, but they're all mentally damaged essentially from what they have experienced on board that ship.
Speaker 2: So instantly I was like this.
Speaker 3: Fucking damn it.
Speaker 1: Nurse Chap goes two Spock's quarters to fix his ears up, and she fixes them up good as new, because Spock had asked her to specifically come to his quarters to do it because of his experience of being in sick Bay and it was kind of creeping him out still, And she explains to him.
Speaker 2: That she's a little bit creeped out by.
Speaker 1: The mess hall because during the war they turned a mess hole into a like a triage slash operating bay type of thing, So that makes sense. It's like it is deeply dramatic, yeah, which makes sense to me, absolutely does.
Speaker 3: She's just too soft of a character for me. I can't take her.
Speaker 1: She does ask him like why to Pring, like was she probing for? Like why what wasn't her that he was thinking of? Like your relationship is done, like be done with it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they don't they refuse to get her away from that, that style of storytelling. It seems like she's just meant to be a soft are you okay character? Let me get to your emotions. Yeah. I can't stand when she gets on stream now because I know that's what's going to be.
Speaker 1: Spock did say to her, though, that topring brought him back to logic, which makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she says, logical.
Speaker 1: So Laan goes to speak to Captain Pike and asks him about the report. It's not entirely accurate. It's not mentioned in there that she tried to kill Jim Kirk. He invites, Yeah, look, it is a detail that I understand why he didn't put that in his official report.
Speaker 2: But I also understand why he left it out too shame so it could vary.
Speaker 1: It easily have been in the report and been explained perfectly.
Speaker 2: Not trouble, Yeah, exactly so.
Speaker 1: But he he invites her for a drink in the in the quarters there, and he tells some story about when he was a kid in his uncle's barn, how the other kids had told him that there was some creepy spirit or something in there.
Speaker 3: With a safe or something.
Speaker 1: Like that, and he was like, well, I'm going to sleep in there overnight, but then here he heard some noises and rushed out and he ends up with this massive cut on him and the end at the time, he thought maybe he scraped a nail or something, but you know, nobody could find anything. No, nothing he got cut on that they could find. So it's another unexplained phenomenon, I guess.
Speaker 3: And it said said something to him as well, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he said he's still got that scar, and yeah, he said he heard something, didn't he.
Speaker 3: We had said something specific to him, and that really creeped him up. That made him have the belief of anything that's kind of possible.
Speaker 1: At the same time, ahurah, she's going now to help Jim Kirk reach out to Carol and their son David, and she offers him some cookies, which I thought was nice.
Speaker 3: You know me, man, I ain't got time for any of this. At the end of the it seemed so hand fisted and so forced every time that everybody needs to talk about their emotions on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, toad out. But then we see Harper in the window.
Speaker 2: Still, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Love loved it seeing Harper or is that actually Harper that we're saying because as we know, Division twelve is taking that ship.
Speaker 2: Now to figure out what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that ship, it doesn't seem that damaged either. So could that ship, once they finished their investigation, be sent to a shipyards and be re christened.
Speaker 3: Possibility. And I love how they trail the ship. They told the ship directly next to the Enterprise and her window happens to be overlooking it. And even though these three characters had monumental traumatic experiences, they decide in this vastest of the space to arrive right next to each other. Just just it's just so funny. It's like, hey, I know you had an issue that alligator, bigger arm off, We're gonna trail next to you and you get to look out of the It's just weird to me that there.
Speaker 2: Ends the episode.
Speaker 1: So overall, Yeah, you said you didn't like the episode, Steve wasn't your favorite or.
Speaker 3: It's not for me. It's not that I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Was it well done? Was it too like too many tropes in there and too cliche?
Speaker 3: And that's what kind of got me out of it is there was a lot of predictability, a lot of troops, a lot of like, why the hell are you doing this this way? It's in number one. It's a horror in sci fi, any horror in sci fi. It's just not what I'm looking for in sci fi. It's not what I'm I don't like horror movies in general, so it's not what I.
Speaker 2: I was looking for in Star Trek. Like, don't get me wrong, I like horror in sci fi. That's fine. Not that I watch a lot of horror stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Star Trek, I don't know. It didn't like it was a good episode for me.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I really did like it overall. In parts I thought it was probably too graphic. Four Star Trek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, yes, we're now in a streaming era, so they can get away with this stuff, and they can do swearing, and they can do more blood and gore and stuff because it is streaming instead of network TV.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: If this was your jumping in point to Strange New Worlds after coming from like the Next Generation or Dares nine or Voyager, that would probably be a bit of a shocking episode just to jump in at.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, and especially after how well they hit the element of last week's episode and they showed. What got me hopeful for this season was last week's episode because they nailed every element of what Star Trek is in my opinion, they really did, And for this week's episode, it just kind of felt like it was like an Earthbound episode. You know, it was very contained, it was very It just seemed like they could have done a lot more, and I wanted them to really hit a strange new world almost every episode of this season, you know, especially after what they get been given us the past couple of seasons, which you know, for me, was about a sea. When it comes to storyteller and execution, Star Trek visually pretty much anything nowadays visually it doesn't matter. It's gonna look banging. And I do think Star Trek in particular looks very, very very good. Another show that that nails at its foundation when it comes to the visuals. But Storyteller is going to lackluster. I think they nailed a lot of this, but it's just not for me. It's very predictable, very trilly.
Speaker 1: But anyway, next week, Season four, episode three is called Human Best Friend. Okay, so we'll see what that's all about. Yeah, So for those that don't know, I am now putting the video version of this podcast on YouTube on the Geeking Camo channel. Obviously, this will still keep on the podcasting channel of getting.
Speaker 2: To Geek with all the boys over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jump on the YouTube, give us a like, follow, subscribe on there. You can also find my Geeking Camo Facebook, Instagram threads and now x as well. So get around the socials, reach out, you know, let us know what you think. Anyway, until next week, where as I said, the episode is human best Friend.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming along, Steve, and we'll catch on. Bye.