Speaker 1: We embrace the end of an error. The defeat does not mean we are defeated.
Speaker 2: The conversation's happening here at fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: All right, now, it's Christmas Eve, but when Joe Strucker is in the house, the van Halen is going to roll out. That's all this is to it. That's the stick. So maybe we'll just let us play a little bit. Wake you up at five oh four on this Christmas Eve morning, Tuesday morning. Who's got to get up today, I don't know, but we're up and out him here at fifty five KRC. I'm Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Joe Strecker is running the big board in the command center over there, and a lot of stuff I want to get to. My buddy Jim Serger is going to be here today, that'll be about seven thirty, and we'll talk some Christmas stuff with him, talk about his latest book and what kind of year he's had, a couple other conversation items I want to get to him with. And then my buddy Andrew Pappas will be here and that'll be in the eight o'clock hour, and Jody, we have Papas you know Papas likes that walk up music. It's got us. There's a song by Romeo Void that he likes then. I can't think the name of it, but it's very off the beaten path. I would say, does he when he comes on this show, does he demand walk up music? Adele learious? That's perfect love, I love it. That is that for that guy? That is absolutely perfect. Here's some good news. Some guy in New Jersey has stepped forward to claim the Mega Millions jackpot from nine months ago. That jackpot was worth one point one two billion dollars, fifth highest in the in the history of the game, and this player was in New Jersey. Choosing to remain anonymous, will take home five hundred and thirty seven and a half million. This says before state and federal taxes. I think they mean after state and federal taxes. But nine months jackpot was the first one in twenty twenty four. Claim nine months after it was one March twenty sixth, and there were thirty one consecutive Mega Million drawings without a winner before that ticket was sold, and it was purchased in Neptune Township, New Jersey. I have never I've been to New Jersey. I've not been to Neptune Township. I don't think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one point was that number again, doesn't matter. One point one to two billion. That's nice, So Merry Christmas to that guy. If the winner had not claimed the jackpot, each participating state in the Mega Million's game would have gotten back all the money it contributed. The states used their unclaimed lottery prizes for different purposes, but unclaimed prizes typically remain in a state's lottery fund the New Jersey. In New Jersey, where the jackpot was one, lottery sales are a contributing factor to retirement funds of public servants. The people who could benefit from an unclaimed ticket are teachers, police officers, firefighters, and other public employees. The lottery said the Mega Million's jackpot reached an estimated nine hundred and forty four million ahead of the Christmas Eve, So there's a drawing tonight for the Mega Millions nine hundred and forty four million. That would be a nice Christmas gift, So that drawing will happen tonight. If a ticket wins the jackpot in the next drawing, it will be the second ticket one on Christmas Eve. According to mega millions. First Christmas Eve jackpot was worth sixty eight million and was one in New York. Joe, you'd be all right with sixty eight million, wouldn't you? Ab all right? He could, he could, He could scrape by with that. So that's pretty good. So there's some there's some good news to start your day. What else? What else? What else? Ram Paul is out with his Joe. What's the chance we can get ram Paul on the show today? He's zero? I thought you had his personal cell number, Yeah, Joe, ram Paul. I want to pick it up at five am. But no, ram Paul. Every year he comes out with his festivus list wasteful government spending Joe, how much money? If you had to guess how much money has the federal government wasted this year or this past year? According to rand Paul, Well, it's not day. He says ten trillion. It's not tenrally, and it is, but it is over a trillion dollars, a trillion dollars for things like let's see, this is just a partial list ghost towns on the government dime. The federal government spent ten billion dollars ten billion with a B ten billion dollars on maintaining, leasing, and furnishing almost entirely empty buildings, office buildings, and that right there is one of the main targets of the dogs. That's why I am so looking forward to when the DOGE gets started, right the Department of Government Efficiency d OGE. That's for Vake ramaswami Elon Musk And they are promising to have a website where everything they do is going to be transparent. It's all going to be out there. I think they're even going to have a podcast and they're going to talk about what the where they are looking to spend less money. It is a great concept, and this is one of the places where they're going to start, and they are going to tell federal employees to get back to work. You've got to come back to the office. I think the studies are out there that there are some people who can be productive while they are working at home, but by and large, productivity falls off when you have a majority of your employees working at home. I am not throwing shade on anyone who works from home. I know a lot of people who do. If it was me, I don't think I don't I and I say this because I know that I don't think I am cut out to work from home. If maybe once in a while, but by and large, I think I'm the kind of person my type of personality. I need to come into the office. I need to come into the studio. I could broadcast from home if I wanted to. I choose not to. I choose to come to the station. It's just the way I'm wired. But I think this whole idea that you have ninety four or ninety six percent of federal employees who all went home to work during the Wuhan. That's over now, folks, that is over, and it's time to come back to the office. And Joe Biden, the despicable Joe Biden. I'm going to get into some of the horror stories that have come out about Joe Biden and the death sentences that he commuted yesterday. It is these people that he is cutting slack to and giving last minute commutations to. They literally are some of the worst of the absolute worst of horrific individuals. But getting back to the DOGE, this is one of the places where v Vaik and Elon Musk have said they are going to start. You can walk around Washington, DC, and there's one one empty office building after another, and in the area surrounding DC, and the leases continue, and the maintenance continues, and the heating and cooling continues, and everything else that goes on with running and managing a building continues and no one is using it. So it's time for federal employees to come back to work. Ten billion dollars ten billion dollars And okay, and I always hear this argument and people throw it back at me, Well, ten billion dollars when you look at all the money the federal governments spends, that's a drop in the bucket, that's a drop in the ocean. Well that may be true, but at some point the mindset has to change to just look at ten billion dollars and slough that off and act as if well, that's just the cost of doing business. That's you know, not that big of that, that's not even a rounding air none. The mindset on wasting ten billion dollars. That has to change. And I think that is what is going to be the biggest accomplishment, and I hope that is one of the most important accomplishments that happens with the Department of government efficiency is to change that mindset. And I was talking to Sharon Coolidge yesterday and she was reflecting on her ten years of covering City Hall and one of the stories that that she wrote about that she that jump out as her as a major story that she covered was the Cincinnati Metropolitan Sewer District and that had a price tag of six hundred When was it six? And hold on, let me let me flip this over here. I've still got the I still got the copy here from yesterday, but I think it was six hundred and eighty nine million. And of course I can't find it when I want to find it. But it's a it's a number. It's a number like that, and that is a number that. Yeah, six hundred and eighty million, that's a number that that is a huge number here in Cincinnati. And so, and I was talking to her, I said, you know, when you have that kind of money that's changing hands, there's a lot of people that want to get their fingers in that pie. And that's where that's where the trouble starts. And that was a story I suggested that there's still a lot more to that story than ever met the eye. And and I believe she was in agreement with me. We got to get to a break here, but I'm going to continue on with the Festivist report from Senator Ram Paul. And if you want to jump on board five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, do you know the numbers to call? It's Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas on this Christmas Eve. And Joe told me he might roll out a little bit of Christmas music today, so we'll see what happens on fifty five KRC the talk station. Here's a nine first warning, whether forecast not, is cold this morning. It's going to be cloudy today in a mild day ahead with a higher forty five. Maybe some sprinkles here and there.
Speaker 4: Tonight, mostly cloudy from possible rain in the overnight hours, the overnight.
Speaker 1: Low thirty six. Christmas Day, cloudy, rainy. It'll be a rather warm Christmas with a high of forty eight, and then showers continue on into Thursday. And Thursday we're looking at a high of fifty six. It's forty four at fifty five KRC DE Talk station. Decender's half were gone and the snow.
Speaker 4: Is falling down fifty five krs the talk station, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: Christmas time has coming.
Speaker 4: But the Blue This is the kind of Christmas music I could listen to all day.
Speaker 1: How about you, Joe Strucker, come on now, since out here with me Christmas thing Lackett used to be. That's good stuff right there. I gave Joe my favorite Christmas song list and he's going to roll those out during the day today, so I'm looking forward to that. There's also a list of what are considered the top seven best Christmas songs, and I must say there's one in there that I like pretty well, a couple actually, but the rest of them not on my top seven list. But the list I am talking about right now is rand Paul and the festivist list, and I love how he co opted that from Seinfeld because what is festivus if you're a Seinfeld fan. Festivus is the airing of grievances, and so ran Paul has been airing his grievances for I don't know. This has got to be what ten or fifteen years in a row he's done this now. But it's great for people like me because it gives us something to talk about. Let's see, so we talked about the ten billion that the government is spending to lease, furnish and maintain empty office buildings. Here's another one. A Florida man stole eight million dollars in COVID nineteen relief fund Someone could write a book on all the money that was wasted during the Wuhan. And we talked to Brad Webster about that a couple of weeks ago, and his report gets into all of that too, just the way they shovel money out the door with literally no oversight at all. And then I remember when those stories were first popping up, I would talk about him, and then the kicker those stories was there was in a lot of them, there was no effort made to get that money back. This one's a little bit different, though. Patrick Parker Walsh of Florida, businessman turned pandemic plunderer, made headlines for what he did. Stole nearly eight million dollars in federal COVID nineteen relief funds to buy Sweetheart Island a private paradise of his own. The bold act of fraud which led to his sentencing to sixty six months in federal prison. Joe has Joe Biden pardoned this guy for stealing nonviolent crime. Got to give these people a second chance sixty six months in federal prison. So at least this guy did sometime. Court documents illustrate the brazen acts of deceit sixteen fraudulent applications for Paycheck Protection Program. And then there was a story the other day about a bunch of Hollywood celebrities that cashed in on the old PPP program millions of dollars, and I think Oprah might have been one of them. Want to go back and look that up. But the PPP program, featuring fictitious employees and companies, fabricated out of thin air the documents outline of staggering eleven million, nine hundred and fifty thousand dollars and requested PPP loan funds, of which he managed to obtain almost five million. Unsatisfied with one illicit endeavor, he he delved into economic injury disaster loans and raked in almost another three million dollars with little oversight or accountability to the COVID nineteen relief program represented an opportunity to plunder that only Blackbeard could have imagined. Walsh's case is just one of a trove of government oversight failures where the swindlers of pandemic relief programs ran ramp at. Many of them were from Russia or other places overseas. According to an analysis by the Associated Press, individuals engage in fraudulent activities potentially stole over two hundred eighty billion two hundred eighty billion dollars from COVID nineteen relief funding, with an additional one hundred and twenty three billion being squaderned or misused. The losses account for approximately ten percent of the four point two trillion dollars the government allocated thus far for COVID nineteen relief four point two trillion dollars. And so when you look at that number and you say, well, we only lost two hundred eighty billion of it, it's a fraud. That kind of stuff has got to stop. And this four point two trillion did not need to be spent. Maybe some of it, I think you can make a legitimate case, but four point two trillion dollars and just let it go out the door like that. The one thing that the report by Ran Paul doesn't indicate is if this guy made restitution at all. Still eight million dollars did he pay any of it back, but at least they've got a little tiny island in Florida for collateral on that. Not sure it's worth eight million dollars. Maybe it is, Maybe I'm wrong, but there's a picture of it. Doesn't look like you can It doesn't look like there's a lot of room to put anything on it. Five point twenty five Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. I'm fifty five KRC detalk sticks. Happy holidays from Woodhall, known for over seventy one years. D nine first one forecast not as cold today, We'll have a high of forty five, mostly cloudy tonight, some rain as possible as well the overnight low thirty six. Here's the Christmas Day forecast, scattered rain and Christmas Day high of forty eight. Then some showers continue on into Thursday, when it will be mostly cloudy and we'll see a high of fifty six. So some mild weather happening out there. It is hold on one, well, it's forty eight at fifty five KRC detalk stations. Merry Christmas Eve. At Christmas Eve, Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas. Continuing to go down the list of the Festivist report, from Ram Paul put this out yesterday. Let's see, how about twelve million dollars for a pick a ball complex? Any pickaball players in the crowd. I guess you can make a very nice pickleball complex for twelve million dollars. This was in Las Vegas, and I can't, Joe, it's hard to imagine that Las Vegas couldn't cough up twelve million dollars for a pick a ball complex, isn't it? Twelve million dollars? Las Vegas is like, look, we don't have it. We just can't find that in the budget anywhere. And so the federal government coughed up twelve million dollars for a pickle ball Congratulations, that's great. The Department of Energy, this is a great number right here, spent fifteen and a half billion. So you thought ten billion, four empty federal government buildings was a lot. No, fifteen and a half billion dollars to do? What to push Americans towards electric vehicles that they don't want? Electric vehicle owners report to have nearly eighty percent more problems. I don't if you want to own an electric car, police by all means own an electric car. They should if companies want to make electric cars and people want to buy them. That's the American way. But the government should not be forcing these things down our throat, and the subsidies of American taxpayer dollars for people who make, sell, or buy electric vehicles should not exist to my way of thinking. That's just plain and simple right there. Let this market develop on its own at its own pace. And I'm sure I just read we're in California. Gavin Newsome wants to go full speed ahead with the idea of having all vehicles or what it's like, ninety or ninety five percent of vehicles that are sold by the year twenty I believe it's twenty twenty thirty five that they won't be any gasoline powered cars being sold in the state of California. And there's still people who think this is a great idea. But electric vehicle owners report they have nearly eighty percent more problems than owners of gas powered vehicles, facing issues like unreliable performance, difficulty finding a charging station, ev battery is struggling in the cold, and we see those videos every year. It's freezing cold outside, it's twenty below people trying to go out there and start their cars. They go little sign that lights up, it's too cold. It's too cold to charge your battery. It's too cold to start the car. So what would be nice in the case like that, that you have a good old ice engine. They call them ice engines. Now internal combustion engines. Got one of those standing by to get you where you need to go. Let's see long charging times. These are one of the issues that electric vehicle owners have, higher maintenance costs, limited driving range. Despite the growing list of headaches for EV owners, the Biden administration is eager to waste your hard earned dollars on unpopular trend, the unpopular transition. Americans have spoken, and they overwhelmingly prefer reliable gas powered vehicles. Vehicle manufacturers are feeling the sting of producing vehicles that consumers don't want, losing money on every EV car they build. Ford had a loss of one point three billion dollars in its EV division in the first quarter alone. Lucid Motors reported losses of two hundred and twenty seven thousand dollars per car sold. Let's see. Rivian reported losses of one point four or five billion dollars in the same period. These are huge numbers, and I don't think they have numbers for Tesla in here. But the Biden administration is determined to throw twelve billion dollars at automakers to push EV production forward. It's as if they think throwing taxpayer dollars at the problem will magically make us forget that Americans still prefer gas powered car. Of the twelve billion, ten billion dollars will come from the Energy Department, and an additional two billion will come from the Inflation Reduction Act, So there's that wonderful piece of legislation again. The Energy Department will also make three and a half billion dollars available to expand domestic manufacturing of batteries for evs and the US grid, despite the fact that most battery materials are imported from abroad. Can you say China? So Trump is looking at all this and there's going to be some serious changes, at least we hope there's going to be some serious changes in the way this country deals with electric vehicles, because these electric vehicles are not the answer to saving the planet or changing the climate or making the weather better for anyone. And this kind of this kind of waste, fifteen and a half billion dollars on just from the Department of Energy to try and shove electric vehicles down our throats. Unbelievable, And the list goes on, and so do I. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc the talks Days V nine first warning weather forecast not as cold today, It'll be cloudy, will have a high of forty five. Clouds continue tonight and maybe a little bit of rain during the during the night time or overnight hours. The other night low thirty six. Heading into Christmas Day, some scattered rain showers. It'll be a warm Christmas with a high forty eight. Showers continue Christmas night into Thursday, and it'll be mostly cloudy on Thursday and a high of fifty six.
Speaker 4: It is forty four five KRCV talk station from the UCL Traffic Center with u see health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments and give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit u sehealth dot com. Highway traffic that's not bad at all to deal with this morning, sathbound seventy five doing fine for your Christmas Eve commute sathbound seventy one under twenty minutes from a bub Fields urtle through downtown, Hit skip on ready it for us, chucking ram on fifty five KR seed the talk stations.
Speaker 1: Wis chrismas Tefardy baby is no holograph, he is Christmas temparty babies.
Speaker 4: Nor yokome for it.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas sitting a good empy. No one doesn't like Dwhite yok That don't guy. I know we'll stay with ring and dig kind of toe and.
Speaker 5: You almost see me coming in a crap Cadillac Christmas time.
Speaker 1: Anythy, that's great stuff, Thank you, Joe, Merry Christmas, rolling out my favorite Christmas songs, Dick and dating. You're up early this morning. Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 6: Verry Christmas, Dan and everybody.
Speaker 7: Boy, that was good.
Speaker 6: I love Da White yokas right yoakam.
Speaker 1: I've been I've been to his show a few times. It is uh, it is always great and never disappoints. I love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know he's learned from Buck Owens.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, yeah, he was very close. He was very close to Buck Owens. He played He played at buck Owen's funeral.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he was great. Hey, you know the Bengals are making a little bit of a comeback, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Well it's uh, you know, it's a they've got to win if they if they win, they have a chance. Well, well they've got to have a few other things happen as well. But this, Dame, this game against Denver is big And what is that, sad? I believe they play on Saturday. Yeah, so it's you know, they do this late in the season. They get some of those games going on Saturday, and then we'll have games on Sunday with the Bengals play on Saturday. And they played Denver and Hope is still alive, Dick, So I know you're holding on to Hope. But Dick, it's Christmas Eve, and I appreciate you listening and appreciate the phone call, and you have a merry Christmas there and there you go, Dick from Dayton. Always great to hear from it. Let's see, let's see, let's see where are we at on the Festivus Report. How about the Disinformation Index? The Department of State wasted three hundred and thirty thousand dollars to fund the censorship of non liberal and conservative media. How about that spending our tax dollars to keep our voices down. That is just fantastic. The influencer effect hit foreign policy. The Department of State squandered four million dollars eight hundred and forty thousand on influencers. The Department of State State spending four million dollars on influencers. Why on earth will they be doing that? Influencers in other countries? And I gotta find the details on that one. And got I've got two different lists here. One is the one was put out by Bright Barton and the other is the actual report itself. I just don't understand. Let's see the Department of State, by a man, State Department wasted a lot of money this year, spent three million dollars on girl centered climate action. Girl centered climate action in Brazil. That is fantastic. Let's see Department of State spent two point one one million dollars for border security not in the United States but in Paraguay. Two point one million dollars for Paraguay and border security. That is just fantastic. This is the one that's getting a lot of headlines. Health and Human Services spent nearly a half million dollars on a study of lonely and starved rats. The Department of Health and Human Services spent four hundred and nineteen thousand dollars to determine if lonely rats seek cocaine more than happy rats And isn't that the kind of information that we need? And let me see, I saw that one just a second ago. Let's see, I'm scrolling, I'm scrolling, I'm scrolling. I know I've got that one to hear. It is right here. Despite spending over a trillion dollars to try and solve the drug crisis, cocaine, one of the most harmful and addictive drugs, continue to gain popularity in communities nationwide. Significant funding has been allocated to the study of cocaine addiction, but there seems to be no solution in sight. This raises questions, how are these scientific studies and grants really using your tax dollars. One of the studies examining cocaine took place in New York University and why you got four hundred and nineteen thousand dollars to investigate whether rats placed in positive environments would be more likely to abstain from cocaine than rats and negative and isolating environments. Here's my question, what is a positive environment for a rat? The last time I was in New York City, I saw lots of rats down there in the subway system. Is that a positive environment? Don't rats choose to live where there's water leaking, where there's where there's garbage, where there's filth. They seem to like those sorts of environments. Is that a positive environment for a rat? Researchers placed rats in small compartments injected them with cocaine to create a positive association with that location. The rats were then divided into different test groups. One group was allowed to socialize and had substantial access to food and toys. The other group was kept in isolation with no toys no access to food. After four weeks, researchers compared the true group's reactions to no One's surprised. The rats subjected to starvation and the more isolated environment sought their cocaine associated compartments more than those enriched in social environments. That is, that's fantastic. So you're going to put a rat in a box, cut them off from all the other rats, and only offer him cocaine, and you're surprised that he keeps going back for the cocaine brilliant, but it was only four hundred nineteen grand and Doge can't get here soon enough. Dan Carrol for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRCV talkstations. iHeartRadio is your number one app for the holidays.
Speaker 4: The nine first morning forecast not as cold today, cloudy, a high of thirty seven, I'm sorry, a high a forty five, and then tonight it'll be mostly cloudy.
Speaker 1: We could have some rain possible every night. We had a little bit of rain overnight last night into today. The other night, low of thirty six. Christmas Day scattered rain and a high of forty eight, then some rain continues from Wednesday night, Christmas night into Thursday. Thursday's high fifty six.
Speaker 4: Forty four and fifty five KRCZ talk station from the UCL Traffic Center with u see health the future and care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments and get patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit u sehealth dot com. Highways not bad had at all to deal with this morning. West Pound two seventy five wide open past Loveland, making your way towards Montgomery, even with wet Rhodes Your Problem free on southbound seventy one. In southbound seventy five past the Reagan Highway, chuck Ingramont fifty five Kerosee the talk station.
Speaker 1: This is one of those songs that one of those tunes that makes me wish I knew how to play piano. Joe and I how to play piano.
Speaker 6: No me either.
Speaker 1: My Anne, Barbara, God bless her. When I was a kid, tried to tried to give me piano lessons, but I wanted to be outside. I wanted to, you know, go play. They can play in the pickup baseball game and jump my bike over homemade ramps, do all the fun stuff that the kids outside were. I didn't want to sit there and take piano lessons. No, no, no, Now, maybe I wish I would have paid a little more potential, but you know I had fun when I was a kid. Ye pay for you wind up paying for it later on. Let's see, let's see word some more tax dollars getting wasted. How about magic? The federal government spent seven million dollars on various magical projects thanks to the visionary minds at the National Endowment for the Humanities in cooperation with the University of North Carolina, we can reveal the mystifying podcast Magic in the United States. Listen to this, Joe, this will be of interest to you. For the astonishing price of three hundred and eighty eight thousand dollars, you can enjoy the sixth episode season, A deep dive into Magic. Joe producing a podcast? Six episodes of a podcast? Is there any need, to your way of thinking, to spend three hundred eighty eight thousand dollars just tracker, just tracker does it? Does a little work podcasting, and no three hundred eighty eight thousand dollars to produce six podcasts. I don't think so.
Speaker 6: But no.
Speaker 1: Half he'd be happy to do it for. I'd be happy to do it for you know, a third event, I'd be great.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: That's beyond ridiculous. But somehow our federal government sees fit to spend three hundred eighty eight grand, almost four hundred thousand dollars for six episodes of a podcast. Let's see what else do we have here? Each episode promises to take us on a historical roller coaster through the spells, the superstitions, and the magico religious movements in American history. That is just beautiful. The Institute of Museum and Library Services awarded two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to the American Museum of the Moving Image to update its exhibition on the Magic Lantern Show and Nickelodeon's That's that is fantastic. The National Science Foundation awarded ninety four grand to the study of the Magic School Bus. The Magic School Bus. Wasn't that a cartoon back back in the day on PBS. Yeah, and someone needed ninety four grand to study that that offering. How about six million, two hundred ninety three thousand from the Department of Defense on a Magic City Discovery Center whatever the hell that is. But the DoD saw fit to spend over six million dollars on it. Absolutely unbelievable, And people say, you know what, there's really not that much room to cut. I beg to differ, And the festivest list lays it all out there. It is five fifty five and thank you so much for listening on this New Year's not New Year's but Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve. That'll be a different story. On fifty five KRCV talk stations.
Speaker 8: From a full rundown and the biggest ten lines's minutes away. At the top of the hour, I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know fifty five krs the talk station run a business and not think anytime take your info to go.
Speaker 1: Are powered by fifty five krs the talk station. Fifty five KRC detalk station kicking off the six o'clock hour on this Christmas Eve with a little Van Hannon Joe Strecker never disappoints when it comes to rolling out the mummery music. I appreciate it. I'm Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas. Today. If you missed the first hour, we spent the whole hour talking about the Festivus list put out by Senator Ran Paul detailing how our government has wasted over a trillion dollars a trill with a T with a trillion dollars, a trillion dollars in wasted government money and just the most things that you couldn't even imagine that we're spending on money on ridicululess, ridiculous, ridiculous. We'll get back to that in a little bit, but there's other stuff I need to talk about this morning, and one was there is it was about this time yesterday morning that the White House came out and told us that Joe Biden was commuting death sentences of federal prisoners on death row. Thirty seven federal death row convicts are going to be saved because of Joe Biden's humanity towards man and in this instance, And this doesn't happen all that often. But I have to give some credit to CNN. The CNN Morning Show picked up this conversation about the death penalty, and they had their panel on it, and I cannot I don't know anyone on this panel because the CNN Morning Show is not it is not something that I regularly look at. I'm usually busy in the morning and I'm not watching CNN. If I'm watching morning television, I'm watching Fox and Friends. But you know what, Joe, that would be a great Christmas wish. If I had one Christmas wish for this station, it would be that the monitors in this room that I'm in would show you know, TV, is that asking too much?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Maybe we could on one of the monitors I'd be able to turn on just look at a There's a room on the other side of this wall right behind me that has the same exact setup one, two, three, four or five monitors in the room, big ones too, and at least three of those. You can watch TV in here. No, not the case. I am cut off. I am totally cut off from the outside world except for the Internet connection. I can get an Internet connection on the computer in front of me and even on my laptop over here, then we can have TV in this room. I'm just saying that would be my Christmas wish for this year for the fifty five KRC studio. Be fantastic. But it was about this time yesterday when we found out that Joe Biden was letting all these killers go. And of course, look, I mean this guy, Joe Biden, he is he is unwavering on this. I mean, he's got deep feelings about well, you know, what's right, and you know, you just can't the federal government just can't go around killing people. No, Joe Biden knows what's best because of his you know, deep abiding faith in what's right and what's wrong. But the thing is he didn't always feel that way. And again credit to CNN for pointing that out, and they rolled out some video of Joe Biden the devout Catholic that he is talking about the death penalty. His stance was, and this goes back about thirty years and his stance was slightly different then than it is today. See if you can see if you can pick out the subtle difference between Joe Biden about thirty years ago on the floor of the Senate and Joe Biden today. Joe, would you please roll cut number one.
Speaker 9: I'm a death penalty supporter. I'm the guy that wrote this bill. Presumptuous thing to say.
Speaker 1: But I wrote this bill my old little hands.
Speaker 9: Can I added into the bill more than fifty death penalties?
Speaker 1: I support the death penalty. This president supports a death penalty.
Speaker 10: That was then Senator Joe Biden boasting about the nineteen ninety four Crime Bill, his nineteen ninety four crime Bill, which added a list of federal crimes punishable by the death penalty. But now this morning, President Joe Biden now announcing that he is commuting thirty seven federal death row inmate sentences to life in prison without parole.
Speaker 1: So there you go with his own little hands. And how many times have we heard and been lectured to by those on the left when we point out Joe's failing speech patterns, and we're told, hey, you can't do that, Joe Biden. Now you look, he's got a stutter. Everyone knows he's a stutter. When I listened to that clip and other clips of him from back in the day, do you detect any speech difficulties? Do you detect any stutter? I certainly didn't in that one. But are our friend over at front Page mag Daniel Greenfield, did a little research on some of the individuals that Joe Biden has seen fit to allow to live the rest of their life on the taxpayer dime. And maybe one day, I know it says life without parole, but we all know that there are exceptions to that rule too. Maybe one day these people will walk for you again. We can only hope. The recommendation of Attorney General Merrick Garland, Biden has stepped in to save death row inmates from the death penalty, commuting their sentences. He commuted the sentences of monsters like Jorge Avila Torres, who raped and murdered nine year old Crystal Tobias and eight year old Laura Hobbs while they were riding their bikes on Mother's Day. He also commuted the sentence of Cobanni Savage, the drug kingpin responsible for one of the worst crimes in Philadelphia. After running what prosecutors described as perhaps the most violent drug gain gang ever seen in the city, Savage murdered twelve people, including firebombing a family of six. The family Savage firebombed in two thousand and four belonged to Eugene Coleman, his former confident turned FBI informant. In retaliation, Savage killed Coleman's mother, plus his cousin, his infant son, and three other children. Coleman was in prison at the time, and the ages of those he killed were Kadja ten, Marcella twelve, a family friend, Sean Rodriguez fifteen. Killing kids with Savage especialty. The thirty four year old man, a drug kingpin serving thirty years in federal prison for drug trafficking in Philadelphia, was caught on tape vowing to kill young children of witnesses who testified against him at his trial in two thousand and five. The kids got to pay for making my kids cry, he said, according to a copy of the indictment, I want to smack one of their four year old sons in the head with a bat straight up. I have dreams about killing their kids, killing their kids, cutting their heads off. Authorities alleged Savage ordered a blaze in October of two thousand and four to the North Philadelphia home of cocaine traffic returned informant Eugene Coleman killed Recoleman's mother, Toddler's son, is aunt, niece, and three children. Prosecutors say two of Savage's fellow gang members set the fire. He joked afterward that barbecue sauce should be poured on the victims, according to the indictment. Savage also threatened to kill other witnesses. According to the indictment against him, them rats gotta pay. That's all I think about kids, They moms. He allegedly told one co conspirator, I had dreams about hitting pe daughter in the head man opening her head wide open with forty dumb dumbs. That's all I dream about. Savage threatening to kill a different witness and his young daughter in two thousand and four, he said, I'm gonna kill everyone you love, Savage told the witness. According to the indictment, he said he said he's got a daughter, my own way, or let me say, yep, he's got a daughter down my way. I'm gonna blow her little head off. She like five. So that's uh, that's the guy, one of the guys that Joe Biden saw fit to commute the sentence of no, we can't and we can't have the death penalty for a guy like that, because you know Joe Biden, he just he just knows better, just knows better. And it looks the others that he that he cuts slack to yesterday, they're no better than this dude either. Six fifteen, got to get to a break. Damn Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the talk station. Then first warning forecast not as cold today, It's going to be cloudy, mile to high forty five. Mostly cloudy tonight, the overnight low thirty six. Heading into Christmas Day, some scattered rain. It'll be on the warm side of high of forty eight. Then showers continue tonight.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry Tomorrow night into Thursday, and Thursday will be mostly cloudy.
Speaker 1: With a high fifty six.
Speaker 4: It is forty four at fifty five KRC, the E talk station from the UCF Traffic Center with uce Health The Future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit ucehealth dot com, clean slate.
Speaker 4: Down the highways other than some wet roads, traffic's doing just fine. Northbound seventy five, northbound four seventy one, No trouble at all getting across the bridges. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRZ the talk station, Christmas Eve, fifty five krc DE Talk Station. I love this stuff, lowfuls. I don't know much about that guy, but I love this song, and I love this kind.
Speaker 1: Of Christmas music. That's great stuff. Thank you, Joe. As we roll on this morning, back to what Joe Biden said when he decided to commute these death penalties death penalties yesterday. Here's the statement. I've dedicated my career to reducing violent crime and insuring a fair and effective justice system. Today, I'm commuting the sentences of thirty four of the forty individuals on federal death row to life sentences without the possibility of parole. These commutations are consistent with the moratorium my administration is imposed on federal executions in cases other than terrorism and hate motivated mass murder. Boy, I'll tell you what the the nuance there. You don't get that just anywhere, because you know, Joe knows hate, and we certainly can't have that in this country. We can't have terrorism either, And Joe Biden is really on top of that. Make no mistake. He says, I condemn these murders. Grieve for the victims of their despicable acts. Oh he grieves, Yes he does. And not only does he grieve, he is reaching out to the families of those murder victims, and he is grieving with them. You can be assured of that. He aches for the families who have suffered unimaginable and irreparable loss. But guided by there's a big butt there. That's a big that's a big old button. Oh, these families have suffered these horrible things. Joe Biden's got a big old button there. Guided by my conscience and my experience as a public defender, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, vice President and now President, I'm more convinced than ever that we must stop the use of the death penalty at the federal level. Now let the state level death penalty that that one's okay, federal level now can't have it in good conscience. I cannot stand back and let a new administration resume executions that I halted. And so therefore Joe Biden is cutting slack to murderers rapists, and one of those he cuts like too is Ricardo an Says Junior and Daniel Troya Florida judge sentenced those two men too death in two thousand and nine after finding them guilty of murdering a family of four on the highway. According to NBC News, Jose Escobedo, the father of Louis Julian four, Lewis Damian three, and the husband of Yessica Escobado, was involved in a drug ring with these two Troya and Sans. Yessica Escobedo was shot eleven times while cradling her two boys and trying to protect them. The two toddlers were shot a total of ten times, and Jose was shot five times alongside his family and found dead on the side of the highway. The outlet reported, I must confess I have no confidence that mister Troya would not do this again if the opportunity he presented itself. The judge who sentenced. The men said at the time, adding the Troya is enormously dangerous with no regard for taking a human life. Thomas Morocco Hager sentenced to death in two thousand and seven. He was found guilty of stabbing nineteen year old Barbara White. According to The Washington Times, White was found bound, gagged and stabbed eighty two times in the bathtub of her apartment eighty two times. Her one year old daughter is the one who made the discovery of the body. The one year old was not physically harmed during the murder, but upon finding her mom, left bloodstained footprints around the apartment, according to The Washington Times. Imagine that, Let's see Biden committed the sentence of Thomas Sanders, sentenced to death after he kidnapped and killed a twelve year old and murdered her. In twenty ten, Sanders began dating Sullen Roberts, and the pair took Robert's twelve year old daughter on a road trip that eventually led to their murders. While on the road, Sanders took the mother and daughter to an Arizona desert, where he shot Sullen Roberts in the head and forced Lexis Roberts back in the car. Sanders then shot Lexus Robert four times, cut her throat, and left her body in the woods. And these are the type of people that Joe Biden says, we cannot let these people suffer the death penalty. Terrible crimes, terrible, just terrible. But got to let them live on the taxpayerdim for the rest of their natural life. Doesn't feel the same way about babies in the womb, though. It's amazing. It's amazing how I mean, the mind of this guy, the way it works, it's something to be cold. I mean, really, we are fortunate to have him. They're in the office. We said to see him go on January twentieth, six, twenty six on fifty five KRCV talk stations The Truth and Nothing. But this is the Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 5: And I said this last night, legacy media, and I said journalism is dead.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and seven and.
Speaker 5: Eight, all these conglomerates, all these big newspapers, New York Times, Washington Post, you name him, all of them, ABC, NBCCBS, all of them, you know, all these fake news you know channels together combined, they threw everything they had had this man to destroy him. And Donald Trump has defied every one of those critics and he's he's still stun only standing, he's standing triumphantly. I mean, is it really is an incredible thing?
Speaker 1: You on the straight path? Later today it's a Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 11: Did you know your life insurance as an asset you can sell? I'm J Jackson, CEO of Abocus Life. For almost twenty years, Abacus has been purchasing life insurance policies from seniors just like you, and at abacuspays dot com, we've created a free policy value calculator so you can find out the worth of your.
Speaker 1: Policy in just seconds.
Speaker 11: There are no fees and no obligations. Get real value from your life insurance when you need it with Abacus. Learn more at abacuspays dot com.
Speaker 12: Why pay more for prescriptions? Stop overpaying and start saving with single Care. It's easy, find your prescription on singlecare dot com, show the coupon at the pharmacy man start saving. Single Care works at pharmacies nationwide, and it's completely free to use, whether you have insurance or not. So the next time you fill a prescription, check single Care to make sure you're getting the best price. Take control of your prescription costs. Go to singlecare dot com or download the free app.
Speaker 1: Today cyber attacks and cybercrime are the I first wanting forecast. Not as cold today, cloudy mile to high of forty five, cloudy, Tonight's impossible rain, the overnight low thirty six, Christmas Days scattered rain and the high of forty eight, So white Christmas not happening this year for us. The rain continues overnight into Thursday, when it will be mostly cloudy, and Thursday's high fifty six.
Speaker 4: It is forty four at fifty five KRC. The talk station from the UCL Traffic Center with you see health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients and chance for better outcomes. Visit U seehelp dot com. Highways not bad to deal with early on this Christmas Eve. No accidents, no broken downs, nothing close to a delay. Westbound two seventy five wide open pants Loveland East Bounce Do we just find between Hamilton Avenue Winton and seven forty seven chuck Ingram, I'm fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station as little Garth Brooks go telling on the Mountain. I don't know, it's just me done something that's coming through right. But anyway, it's a good song. It's on my list and one of my favorites. Merry Christmas Day, on this Christmas Day. Sorry, I might, you know, get into this, this whole thing with Biden, the death penalty, but he's the one that did it, and and I mean, this guy's mind is so far gone. Of course, we have the story. I talked a lot about this yesterday, the story that came out with the the Wall Street Journal talking about how almost from day one of his administration, actually one of the reports I read talked about it was actually before the administration started, how they were covering up for this guy, making excuses, keeping keeping people at arms length, putting up a wall between him and his cabinet members. And Beth Bregel at The Federalist read about this yesterday and was moved to write a really what I think is a moving column. And Beth writes that Joe Biden and his handlers wanting you to believe that he use life just a few days before Christmas actually has Two days before Christmas, the White House announced through an online written statement that all but three people on federal death Row will have their sentences commuted from a death sentence to life without possibility of parole. Biden is on a high profile virtue signaling role. Last week, Biden had a phone call with Pope Francis to discuss efforts to advance peace around the world during the holiday season. The White House handlers wrote in a statement conspicuously leaving out the christ based name of the holiday Christmas, President thanked the Pope for has continued advocacy to alleviate global suffering, including his work to advance human rights and protect religious freedoms. Biden also graciously accepted his holiness Pope francis invitation to visit the Vatican next month. But we know Biden doesn't care about human rights and has worked to a spanned abortion access. Just last month, in the White House, he awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to the Nation's the nation's highest civilian honor, to Cecil Richards, former President of Parenthood Federation of America. During her period of leadership two thousand and six twenty eighteen, more than thirteen point three million unborn babies were killed in the United States as the federal has previously reported Richard's earned five hundred thousand dollars a year and facilitated more deaths than there were in the Holocaust. Killing voiceless, innocent babies doesn't stir Biden's conscience, but killing killers does make no mistake. I condemned these murders, grieved for the victims of their despicable acts, and eight for their families who have suffered unimaginable and irreparable loss, reads Biden's online statement. According to the statement, the decision to commute these death sentences was guided by his conscience. More convinced than ever we must stop the use of the death penalty at the federal level. The statement came from the White House, currently decorative with sparkling Christmas trees, traditionally used to celebrate the birth of Christ. But in today's American culture, the unborn Jesus we anticipate in advent, would be at risk of death by abortion, and his story would never be told. Biden's administration is committed to saving killers and killing saviors because in so many ways, all children are saviors to the people who love them. Babies change everything they come, whether parents are ready or not. In all sorts of complicated ways before marriage, before graduation, in a car on the way to the hospital in a lowly starlet manger far from home. Pregnancy and birth are the start of the story that will include hardships and the most incredible reward. Having children changes everything, changes you. Even the most flawed parents can't have hope their children will do better. Biden's Christmas reward for death row murderers does nothing for the victims or the inmates. It will hopefully be the last time this vapid president squanders an opportunity to move the nation in a more loving direction. Rather than protecting the agents of death, Biden could have led an effort to change our culture into one that recognizes the humanity of the unborn. He could have developed policies that encourage women in complicated pregnancies to allow their babies to live. Instead, Biden and his handlers leave a dark legacy that celebrates evil. Six point thirty five Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas fifty five KRCV talk station.
Speaker 4: Yes clogs low water pressure called plump tight plumbing for plumbing done right.
Speaker 1: Schedule online at plumptight dot com. The nine first morning weather Forecast not as cold Today. It's going to be mild with the high of forty five under cloudy skies, and we'll have cloudy skies into the ninth tonight with some rain possible. The every night low thirty six, scattered rain showers for Christmas Day at the high of forty eight. Showers continue on into Thursday. It'll be mostly cloudy on Thursday. A high on Thursday of fifty six. It's forty four at fifty five KRC. The talk station from the u SEE Health Tramphic Center with u SEE Health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 4: It is a very quiet morning on the highways with no accidents to deal with, even with some wet roads on this Christmas Eve morning. Southbound seventy five doing fine past the Reagan Highways. So is southbound seventy one. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Bill fill thee you being in.
Speaker 13: The lad.
Speaker 1: Oh leaves gold I have no friend once again? Why Lilly side Christmas Eve I fifty five k r C. The talk station Dad Carol and from Brian Thomas, and there was no way I could do two days of this show and not hear from this guy west side, Jim, how are you this morning? Merry Christmas?
Speaker 7: Merry Christmas, Dan, Carol. No, there wasn't going to be two days that I didn't call in and wish you are.
Speaker 1: I knew it couldn't happen. I knew it couldn't happen.
Speaker 7: And to Joe also, because without Joe, as they say, the show don't go, it does not.
Speaker 1: We Yeah, we are nowhere to be found without Joe Strucker being there. That is a fact.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: I was listening to you since about five oh five. And I do have to say, I hope when mister Biden, I will never call him a president even though he was elected, maybe meets his maker that all those people that you talked about this morning, that were slaughtered by these evil savages get to choose. They're in a panel up in heaven and they get to choose where he goes. I guarantee you he's not going to be let into the pearly gates.
Speaker 1: You know, we played the sound bite the CNN ram yesterday morning, thirty years ago and Joe Biden was so strident. And then you should see the video. I mean he is, he is running around, he's moving, he's moving all around, and there's a longer clip where he actually does that whispering thing, and and and and he's talking about, you know, how how strong he is and how staunch he is, and these these criminals almost like he did. Remember when he was talking about the cocaine dealers and how if you have you could have something to say, he holds up a quarter and he talks about if you have something the size of this quarter. And this is when crack cocaine was first coming on to the scene, and he was talking about how bad crack cocaine was and how terrible it was, and people who were using the crack cocaine and people who were dealing the crack cocaine and making it possible. And and that was probably right around the same time that his son was indulging in all of these things. So the guy's a total kypocrite. I may maybe he'll stand before Saint Peter and say, look, I was on the right side, because he's been on all sides of just about every issue that you can possibly think of. And the question, the question now is who's making these decisions for him. We've asked this question for how long now? Who is running the country and we know for certain that it's not Joe Biden. Well, that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 7: I almost have to give him a tiny bit of a break because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing and signing off on everybody. He's just given a paper shoved up in front of him, and these people are saying, here, Joe sign is it's probably oh he's a dog catcher. No, no, no, he have too many parking tickets, and oh, okay, he doesn't know what he's signing. And who's running who's running the country?
Speaker 1: We know who it is.
Speaker 6: It's the Obamas.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: It's Christmas Eve. And I didn't think I'd be sitting here detailing the horrific killing of individuals by these people that Joe Biden sees fit to allow to live on taxpayer dimes for the for the rest of their natural lives. And and and this statement is ridiculous because how do you discern between you know, he talks about these sentences have to be commuted, But when it comes to when it comes to hate crimes. When it comes to, you know, some of these other killers, that we have to have nuance there and say that these killers are worthy of the death penalty. But these other ones who you know, the cut the heads off of children, who kill parents in front of their children, who rape and murder and slit the throats of young kids, those people don't deserve the death penalty. How do you how do you even approach that sort of nuance.
Speaker 7: I laugh every time when I hear that life without parole because we all know within fifteen years these people are going to be out, like you said before, walking the streets. So you know, it's just a terrible, terrible thing at the way they designed this law, and you know Biden just added to it by letting these people commute. You know, these people can't be rehabilitated. What good arty in society, and for the crimes that they did. He should be ashamed if he actually knew what he did.
Speaker 1: Well. This is just another example of the people who still have their wits about him in the Biden administration, who are throwing up every possible turd that they can throw at the at the incoming Trump administration. They they want it. They want the Trump administration to spend the first three or four or five months doing nothing but clearing the crap out of the way that these people have thrown up to try and obstruct the Trump administration from pursuing their agenda. And they know all that we're going to hear all this talk about oh how classy the Bidens are and the peaceful transfer of power, and boy, there's going to be you know, and you know, west Side, Jim, you know it's coming when it comes time for Biden to leave the White House, there's going to be all this nostalgia and oh my god, this long political career coming to an end. Brilliant, this brilliant that you know, this country's going to miss Joe Biden. What a bunch of crap. This guy. It deserves to go down quite possibly the worst president this country's ever had.
Speaker 7: I always did say that Carter was, but guarantee you you just said he took the place of Jimmy Carter, and Jimmy Carter was on economics, he didn't do this kind of garbage.
Speaker 1: I mean, not to this extent. No, not this bad west Side Jim. We got to get to a break. But as always been.
Speaker 4: Merry Christmas to you, Thanks for your listenership and uh and thanks for calling in.
Speaker 1: Always great to have you on the show. Take care all right, there you go west side Jim and if you want to be like him, pick up the phone five one three seven nine fifty five hundred. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRCV talk station.
Speaker 6: D nine.
Speaker 1: First warning weather forecast. Not as cold today, It's going to be mild, a high a forty five hunder, cloudy sky is cloudy skuy is tonight, a little bit of rain possible the other night, low thirty six. Christmas Day, it's going to be on the warm side, a high of forty eight with some scattered rain showers. Showers continue Christmas night into Thursday. Thursday's high fifty six, mostly cloudy skies and looks like we're in that cloudy pattern for the next few days, but mild, so it's not going to be freezing cold, and I guess that is worth celebrated. It is forty two at Fidney five krc the talk station from the UC Health Tramphy Center with uc Health, the future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients some chance for better outcomes. Visit uc health dot com. Highways.
Speaker 4: That's not bad at all, even with some wet roads, no accidents to deal with. Sethbound seventy one traffic volumes very like pants Fighter in the Ragon Highway before getting into Kenwood, Chucking ramonth fifty five KRC the talk station fifty five k R CD talk Station. I've loved this one since I was a kid. A Charlie Brown Christmas Special Vin's Garaldi.
Speaker 1: Joe. Would they make a Christmas special today with music like this in? It wouldn't happen. But that's how great the music was. What with nineteen sixty five, it's fantastic, still as good today as it was back then. I could just put the the and I have the CD at home. I'm still one of those guys that has everyone Joe. Everyone makes fun of me when I talk about I have CDs or DVDs to watch movies, but why don't you just watch it online? I don't. I like to pop the disc in. I play it. It sounds great. I even have Vinyl record. Vinyl Records making a comeback. Will you walk into the store and you can see whole sections now where they sell where they sell vinyl records. Another study on coffee got to be having some coffee this morning. International study published in Cancer has found that drinking more than four cups of coffee a day forget too, it's up to four now. If you do that, you may reduce the risk of some head and nick cancer by seventeen percent. The research analyzed data from number two twenty five thousand individuals across fourteen studies, provides the strongest evidence yet of coffee's potential for cancer fighting properties. While there has been prior research on coffee and tea consumption and reduce risk of cancer, the study highlights their varying effects on different subsites of head and neck cancer, including the observation that even a decaffeinated coffee had some positive impact. So there you go, another study showing the positive impacts of coffee. Are there any studies out there? I think years ago there were some studies out there that we're talking about coffee and the negative impacts, and then of course studies like this come along and show the positive impacts. I think this is the first one I've seen this talking about four cups a day, though, and when you're in this business, four cups a day just doesn't sound like that much I've got. I've got my thermist full of coffee. There's at least almost I love this thermist. It's an old one, but it holds almost an entire coffee pot. Jo. Do you make coffee at home? Do you use the the A lot of people use the what is that the curerig now where you make up the one cup at a time, And uh, I to my way of thinking, when you when you use the krig and you put the pod in there and then you press the button, you get one cup of coffee, and you still have to fill up the reservoir in the back. And then when after your you know what what two or three or four cups, the reservoir gets and you got to fill it up again. I say, it just seems like too much work to me. Uh yeah, we know, we we ustill. We still have the old fashioned for it for as long as I'm able to. And then the coffee makers don't last as long as they used to. But we've got a coffee maker at home. My wife and I have had four I know, gosh, five or six years now, that's a long time. Your mom still has a percolator. I saw one of those at a party the other day. The coffee is bubbling up in the middle. My parents used to have one of those. But I know I still got the coffee maker we've had in five or six years now. I know it's not going to last forever, but as long as I'm able, I'm going to have that old fashioned coffee maker, just making one pot at a time, that's what works best for me. Heavy coffee drinkers had a thirty percent lower risk of oral cavity cancer and a twenty two percent lower risk of throat cancer compared to non coffee drinkers. So there you go, drink your coffee and help fight cancer at the same time. There's your helpful tip of the day from your friendly substitute co host Dan carrollin for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 2: There's no shortage of stuff to talk about in twenty twenty five. The conversation is happening here on fifty five KRC, the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Pure Talk fifty five k r C the Talk Station. Christmas Eve, Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas. Good morning. So Joe Strucker always promises me the Van Hallen is coming out whenever I get to sit in for Brian Thomas, and I appreciate it. Do you do the same thing with Kevin Gordon when he's here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Only me? How about that I'm special? That's Joe's Christmas gift to me telling me I'm special. That's fantastic. But I love I love being here on fifty five KRC. I love the Brian Thomas audience. I look, I'm a listener to myself when when I have the I don't always have the opportunity to listen in the morning, but when I do, I sound like, what's that? What's that beer commercial? Stay thirsty my friends?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: The what?
Speaker 1: What? What did that guy die? That guy that made the the Mexican I don't know if he's a Mexican dude or what, but he uh, you know, he's the older gentleman, distinguished looking.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: I know he's an actor, but uh, what's he say? I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink those sechis. Stay thirsty, my friends, oh Man, Matt Gates. The report came out about Matt Gates yesterday, and uh, it's it's pretty ugly. But I mean, really, when you look at this, when you look at and I was talking to my buddy James Bogan about this and he and he made a good point. This is a This is not a court of law. There really are no standards when it comes to proof for evidence or cross examining witnesses. So the House Ethics Committee can gather all this evidence they want and then what their report said didn't say he was guilty of it. They said they found a lot of evidence that supports these allegations against Matt Gates. So they gathered evidence that Matt Gates of Florida paid multiple women for sex, including a seventeen year old high school junior, used illegal drugs like cocaine and ecstasy, and obstructed efforts by Congress to investigate his conduct. In other words, it sounds like he does everything that your average Democrat does. According to a draft of its findings that just The News obtained, whether they got it before the official release, but it all came out yesterday, here's what they said. The committee determined there is a there is substantial evidence that Representative Gates violated House rules and other standards of conduct, prohibiting prostitution, statutory rape, illicit drug use, impermissible gifts, special favors or privileges, and obstruction of Congress. The draft report also said it did not find evidence the Gates had engaged in sex trafficking, as some had alleged that would. I guess that would be really bad if he engaged in sex trafficking. That to me sounds sounds like crossing a line there. And wasn't that what the media was running wild with for a while there, talking about, oh, well, Gates was, you know, pimping girls out and running these sex rings and all this other stuff. But they said they did not find evidence in that, and Gates himself put out a statement a few days ago talking about how, you know, he has not always been the most upstanding person that in his younger days. And I don't know how old Gates is. I guess I could look that up, Joe, Can you look that up and tell me how old Gates is right now? I think he's maybe what mid forties, late forties something like that, maybe early to mid forties, I don't know, but this was he's forty two, early forties, so he was in his younger days. Yeah, he admitted that he was out running around living the single life, partying, hooking up I guess, you know, with different apps and stuff like that. He said. He admitted that he paid money to some women that he liked. I don't know what there's a there. I know I looked at the report yesterday and there's a chart in there of some of the money that he paid out to some of these women. But again, there was no cross examination of these women who gave their testimony to the committee. Let's see. Let's see. The report lays out the sort of details of Gates's alegedra ledged drug fueled partying with young women, based on interviews with those women and eyewitnesses, but save some of its harsish criticism for the former Florida Republican's refusal to cooperate completely with the years long ethics inquiry. Why would you? Why would you cooperate with such a thing? It's it's standard. I mean again, I go back to brad Winstrop and to my way of thinking. It's a little bit different when you're looking at a government agency that has a responsibility to preserve documents. It has responsibility to document what it does because it's all it's all taxpayer funded research, it's all taxpayer funded activity, it's taxpayer funded work product, and those things must be preserved. Those at that evidence should not be destroyed. And when you when I talked to brad Winstrip, he talked about how documents were not forthcoming from various government agencies, how they kept things, did everything they could to keep things hidden. So when we're talking about Matt Gates and what appears to have been mostly private behavior, I didn't read all of the report yesterday, but I really didn't see how all this private behavior that he was gauging. And even though it was it may have been poor behavior. I don't know that he was doing on this, any of this on the on his public on the public dime. So and maybe maybe he was, I don't know if if if he was, I didn't get to that part in the report. The draft report A legends that he refused to comply with a subpoena demanding an interview be sent only only partial demanding an interview and sent only partial written answers, he intentionally withheld information about his trip with women to the Bahamas and the fact that he took a prohibited, free private plane ride back. Oh my god, Matt Gates flew on a private plane, Joe. Can you imagine such a thing that a lawmaker in Congress would fly to the Bahamas on a private plane. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: The height of hypocrisy that some of these people in Congress, now that this report is out, and I did not, I honest, yesterday was a weird news. I watched a lot less news yesterday than I normally watch because I'm doing it in the afternoon show on seven hundred as well, so I was busy with that. But I can only imagine that you've got all kinds of Democrat representatives out there who can't wait to get in front of a camera, can't wait to get in front of a microphone and condemn Matt Gates and talk about how bad it was that Trump picked this guy to be the Attorney General of the United States. And it is beyond it is just beyond the height of hypocrisy for some of these, especially Democrat representatives and members of Congress, to criticize and condemn Matt Gates when the likelihood is very possible that they have done if not the exact same thing, far worse, far worse. And Matt Gates says he even said one time that he would go back to Congress expose every single one of members of Congress who have taken advantage of the slush fund that's up there to pay people off for these sexual harassment claims. And you know what I'm talking about, how many millions of taxpayer dollars have been spent to to settle these claims, to make them go away. And you know, they've got carte blanche to carry on as they see fit. So I'm certainly hoping that a lot of these people tread carefully. And I don't know how much of what kind of legs this report is going to have. Yes, it's uh, I mean, it's it's sallacious, all the stuff that's in there, talking about hooking up with multiple women and you know, paying for the partying and paying for drug sex and rock and rolls and so like, it's like a weekend at the Clinton's. So the Matt Gates report is out there, it's there for everyone to read. He's defending himself saying, you know, he didn't do some of the worst stuff. He's owning some of it. Then yeah, I had some poor behavior, but uh, not all of it. And it goes on and on and on. I mean they, I mean, they've got a lot of evidence that he did this stuff. But in the long run, it doesn't really matter. The drugs and all that stuff, that that stuff should not happen. But for these people, of these members of Congress to try and point the finger of blaming him for partying with young women, doing some drugs, flying on a private jet somewhere, No, that doesn't hold water with me, and I suspect most of you either. Five point three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred if you want to get on board, those aren't the numbers to call on this Christmas Eve. Dan Carol for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCV talk station, the New d nine First Warning weather forecast not as cold today, It's going to be mild, the cloudy, a high of forty five, some showers possible tonight on this Christmas Eve night heading into Christmas Day, the overnight low only thirty six. Santa has no snow for his slay. How will he deliver the giddies? How will he deliver the presence? I used to worry about that when I was a kid. Christmas Day scattered rain shower is going to be warm a high of forty eight, and the showers continue overnight intwo Thursday, when it will be mostly cloudy in a high a fifty six forty four At fifty five KRCV talk.
Speaker 4: Station from the UCUT Traffic Center with U see health The future of care is happening now through twenty court trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 4: Highways continue to look good on this Christmas Eve morning, expected to be a little bit lighter. It certainly is southbound seventy one not a problem at all. Another twenty minutes from a bud Field turtle through downtown northbound seventy five and northbound four seventy one problem free. Same for two seventy five at the airport chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 13: Good King winsors l sloped down vast of steam where the snow lay around about deepen Chrispendyn bride Lease showing them moon that night the frost was crew when a poor man came in sat gathering went a few.
Speaker 1: No one can do it like melturmet pe and stand by me.
Speaker 4: Tell him now, you talk about a guy that Peasant not only could do it with the vocals, but Joe, do you know this guy was just awesome on the drums too.
Speaker 1: There's there's videos out there you can find a Melturmee and you know he's doing one of his live shows, does a couple of songs where he jumps up on the skins and just just hairs it up. But Melturmey one of the all time greats. This story about Kay Granger House of Representatives, a member of Congress from Texas, eighty one years old. Elected to the House in nineteen sixty six. He was the the mayor of Fort Worth before becoming Before getting elected to Congress, it turns out that she has been missing from Washington for six months. Six months, hasn't cast a vote in DC. Her absence had generated great concern in her district, which is the Dallas Fort Worth metropolitan area, and apparently her staff and her son had been running cover for her as she was absent from Congress for six months, and finally a reporter at the Dalex Express got a tip and found her living at a memory care facility eighty one years old. Apparently they put her in there after she'd been found wandering through the neighborhood lost and confused. But how do you go, Joe, how do how can you be absent six months? And and no one, no one notices, no one says anything. Only in Congress. But uh yeah, that's a that's a very strange story. That's uh kay Granger. It I mean, I mean, she seems like she's a Republican, seems like a good woman. I don't know that much about her, but the notion that and especially with when you look at the slim majorities that the Republicans had in the House, trying to uh hold off the nuttiness and the nonsense of the Democrats. Her son told The New York Post that, uh he said that the whole thing was a load of bs. That she moved into a condo and an independent living community because she was getting bored and lonely at her Fort Worth apartment. The sources close to Granger, including her son, her current spokesperson another source familiar, have denied to the Post that she's living in a memory care unit. But that's where they found her. So this is a woman that obviously needs help, and it shouldn't have I just don't think that six months should have elapsed where she is. She's not at the office, not going to committee meetings, not showing up for votes before someone does something and finds out what the heck is going on. Just a little human decency. So we'll see how that story plays out. But got to wish her all the best. Tough time for her and her family, But six months and no one says anything. We got to get to a break. And then after the break, my buddy Jim Serger is going to be here talk about his latest book and talk about the season, and we'll we'll just have a nice conversation. So I'm looking forward to that. As we roll on till nine o'clock this morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCD Talk Station D nine first morning weather forecast. It is going to be mild today, cloudy, a high of forty five, maybe a few rain showers moving in tonight the other night low thirty six. Christmas Day will be cloudy, maybe some scattered rain, a high of forty eight. Rain showers continue from Christmas Day into Thursday, where it's going to be overcast and cloudy a high of fifty six.
Speaker 4: It is forty two at fifty five KRCD talk station from the UCUT Traffic Center with uc Health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients and chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit you see health dot com. Hi waste not bad at all to.
Speaker 4: Deal with for your Christmas Eve morning commute North Found four seventy one, under five minutes to seventy five into downtown East Found seventy four. Not a problem either. Coming down the hill from North Bend, that's under five minutes. Chucking Bram, I'm fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 8: Hark how the bell, sweet silver bells all seem to say, throw cares away, Christmas is here, bringing a jeer to young and old Mike.
Speaker 6: And the ball.
Speaker 4: That's Dina Carter Carrol of the Bells, one of my all time favorites.
Speaker 1: Just a great arrangement of this song, Dean dunding Don, that is our song with joyful ring.
Speaker 7: Oh Caroline, once do your words of good year FuMB everywhere.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is about country artists when they a lot of country artists when they do Christmas albums, and it just seems that when these country artists do it, I mean they always go the extra mile. I mean the arrangements and the musicianship and everything else is just great. So I love that stuff, and that's on my list of all time favorite Christmas songs. And one of my favorite guys to talk to, not just Christmas time, but any time of the year is Jim Serger. A local guy. I mean, he's done so much in life and now he's living the dream, writing books and all the rest of it. Had him on when his book Jump came out, I believe that was in the summertime, and now his latest book is nine to eleven, A Time to Always Remember, Bond of Firefighters. And Jim Serger, it's great to talk to you. Merry Christmas and welcome to fifty five KRC. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Dan, Married Christmas to you as well. Thanks for having me on today. I'm the Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Great time of the year, it certainly is. And I've been reading. Every once in a while I'll catch a review of someone who has had a chance to read your book. Nine to eleven a time to always remember bond of firefighters. And I'm seeing different firefighting organizations, different firefighting fraternities, people who are involved in the business talk about how meaningful this book has really become to them. So congratulations on this book. Yeah, this book is good. You've got a lot of great books, but this one. It seems to me anyway that this one's got to be taking a special place for you.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, you know of the Royaltiece goes the tunnel to Towers, which is an amazing foundation. So I'm not for the money. This is for following veterans, first responders, injured veterans, so all of this goes to help them out, and just firefighters all across the United States sharing their personal nine to eleven story, how they dropped everything from California to hear in Cincinnati to Florida and headed up to Manhattan to render their services because a fallen brother or a sister. They're there. They took off. Some of them didn't even ask for permission to go. They detected or called their chief and said I'm headed up. So it was a very heartfelt book. A lot of personal stories I made it in there, just heartwarming, gut wrenching. It's a horrific day. But the silver lining is America was united and united. And that's that's what the book about, is the American spirit, how powerful it is when a crisis happens. We're there to help each other out.
Speaker 1: Tell me about your connection with Tunnel to Towers. Tell me how that came about, how you got hooked up with them.
Speaker 6: Well, you see them on Fox News all the time, and now they're hitting all the other mainstream media's as well currently. And about three or four years ago, I kept seeing the time nine to eleven and through almost twenty four years ago. Now Tunnel to Towers correlates with nine to eleven. Frank Filler and all of them up there are doing a terrific job. So I said to my wife, I said, nine to eleven is a message that I'm receiving, So let's give it back to those that are giving one hundred percent effort up there at the World Trade there. And then it led into now they're building veterans villages down in Phoenix, down in Florida, So it's not just for fallen firefighters anymore. So I love it. And I was in the Navy, and I have a lot of military friends, and I have friends that are firefighters, so I've seen the benefit of tunnel to towers firsthand. So why not give back.
Speaker 1: No, it's a beautiful thing. And I think people can look at your example, Jim Serger, and learn from that and and really that when you talk about things that are fulfilling in life, these are the kind of things that people do that you really get a lot of mileage out of. And I think when people look at what you're doing with this particular book and in this effort, I think they can be inspired too to do things in their own life that they find out.
Speaker 6: I meaning absolutely, just the smallest good intention goes a long way. It really does. It's just amazing how it makes one myself feel and then when others are a part of this book, it makes them feel good too. It's just very warming. It's just the American spirit. I mean, I sound like a broken record, but that's really it. I mean, we're all feathered together in this how do we help each other out? And here we are in the middle of the Christmas season and people are always looking for a way to give back. You know, to towers as a foundation for eleven hours a month all year round, correlates eleven to nine to eleven. So just some very very minute goes a long way us.
Speaker 1: So much it all comes together. We were texting a little bit yesterday and you brought up the subject of Christmas cards, and I have a question for you along those lines, but we got to get to a quick break right here, so I'm going to ask you that question on the other side of this as we will continue on with Jim Serger, author of nine to eleven, A Time to Always Remember, and really a whole bunch of other great books, and we'll touch on some of those as we continue on. Dan Carroll with Brian Thomas or for Brian Thomas with Jim Serger on fifty five KRC, the talk station Run a Business. Been my first wanting forecast. Not as cold today. It's going to be mild, under cloudy skies, a high today of forty five. It'll be cloudy with some possible rang showers tonight heading into Christmas Day, scattered rain likely. On Christmas Day it'll be warm with a high of forty eight, and then Thursday mostly cloudy, a high of fifty six fifty six.
Speaker 4: For Thursday of the day after Christmas, it is forty two at fifty five krs. The talks day from the UCL Traffic Center with U see health The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments and give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 4: Highways not bad at all to deal with for your Christmas Eve morning commute north found four seventy one's under five minutes. Two seventy five into downtown eastbound seventy four not a problem either. Coming down the hill from North Bend, that's under five minutes. Chuck ing from on fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 3: Slave BILSI I listening in the lane snow is listening beautiful sights.
Speaker 13: We're happy to now.
Speaker 4: On this Tuesday morning, Christmas Eve, Happy Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: We're continuing our conversation with Jim an author. Jim. Does the Christmas music get you in the mood? Does it? Bum Boy Bother Joe Joe, Look that one up, look that one up at the at the behest to Jim Serger will roll a little bit of that out of it. If we if we get a chance. We were talking yesterday about Christmas cards and I was thinking to myself, you know what, someone has to write Christmas cards. And Jim Serger is an author, he's a writer. Could you write a Christmas card if you had to?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, have you done it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: But I love sending out Christmas cards? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you write? Indeed, do you send? And do you send the ones out with the picture of the family and all that?
Speaker 6: And absolutely I think the Christmas tree, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I actually have your Christmas cards.
Speaker 6: That you know what about yourself? Do you send out Christmas cards? You know what?
Speaker 1: I let my wife take care of that. And for some reason, and I don't know why, we're more traditional and we like the Christmas cards and I read them and I like, you know, I like the ones with the illustrations and the nice sayings on it and stuff like that. Are the Christmas card companies just letting the AI do that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: You think?
Speaker 6: No, I think there's somebody still behind that. Now they might be auto. They might correct it. You just type in a couple of words and type in Christmas card and AI can you know generate it?
Speaker 1: Like two tenths of a second Frank.
Speaker 6: But I still think there's a lot of love and passion still behind Christmas cards. People love Christmas, and we're getting farther and farther away from that. My parents are both passed away. They were baby boomers, but both of my parents loved receiving Christmas cards and sending them out. And I remember as a little kid running out to the mailbox and there's a Christmas card from Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Frank. You know, goes on and on and on, and I love that about Christmas. So I thoroughly enjoy sending out Christmas cards. I think it's just absolutely a tradition we cannot lose. It's like a fruitcake. I get a fruitcake every year.
Speaker 1: I love fruitcake.
Speaker 6: You know, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's it's amazing how much how much tradition means in our life. I was I was having a conversation with a guy earlier this year. We were at an event and and he was in the insurance business, and and he was and somehow we got onto talking about artificial intelligence AI. And he was talking about how, you know, how how I and I'm still and maybe it's just me and maybe I'm unnecessarily thinking about this, but I'm still wary of AI. I feel like I don't want to cross that. I don't want to cross that threshold. I have not relied on artificial intelligence for anything that I do, although I suppose I could for show prep and other things like that getting ready for the radio. But to my way of thinking, it's like it's like coloring your hair. Right, if you've crossed that line one time where you've got to get rid of some of the gray, you know, whatever it is, you sort of never come back for that. What is it for you? Do you would? When you're writing books and researching and doing things like that, Maybe you use it. Maybe I don't know, Maybe you use artificial intelligence, But what's it like for you dealing with those sorts of issues.
Speaker 6: I have never used artificial intelligence. I would rather somebody catch a mistake knowing that I misspelled a word or had a sentence fragment, versus having an AI generated form.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had a very good friend of mine, author of about one hundred and fifty books, named Jim Denny He out of californ He wrote a book using AI. He put ten words in there, said it needed to be two hundred pages long and needed to be sixty thousand words, and it generated it in thirty three seconds.
Speaker 1: My god, entire book out excuse me, an entire book, two hundred pages.
Speaker 6: An entire book. And then he put that out there for sale, and he circled everything that the AI made mistakes on. So it's based on information uploaded that the AI created the book on. And there were so many mistakes, and he published the book to prove to everybody that just because it's AI is not one hundred percent guaranteed correct because they misspelled words, fractions, everything else were all over the place. And footnotes were wrong because they actually footnoted an article that was they found obsolete. So had Jim done the research himself, it would all been perfectly fine. So if that starts to happen, people are really really going to find out, Wow, this is not legit.
Speaker 3: This is AI.
Speaker 1: This is AI, absolutely, and he proves the point, and you know, yeah, I hope people are listening to this because we we we shouldn't just run blindly, you know, rush blindly head on into into these things. And hey, I'm not I'm not criticizing anyone who does, but I'm just thinking for my own purposes and uh, you know, for purposes of being authentic, being your real self. You know, don't turn that over to a computer. Don't turn that over to someone else's way of thinking. Who creates? Because I mean, to my way of thinking, that's really what it is. The the whatever that artificial intelligence is, is going to be a reflection somehow of the person that created it.
Speaker 6: Really, it can't be helped, can no, sir, Because I think that everybody knows how everybody speaks, to begin with, everybody understands how somebody says as an email, to begin with, all of a sudden that transitions over to this is one hundred percent words that a wordsmith doesn't even understand. I think that their people will catch on very quickly that this is not one genuine from the source, because if the guy or the girl never spoke that way to begin with, all of a sudden, they're sending out these very very long, in depth, massive words. They're like, where'd you come.
Speaker 13: Up with that?
Speaker 1: Jim? Can you hang around for one more segment? Yes, sir, all right, stay right there. We'll get we'll get a quick update on traffic and weather, and then We'll continue on with Jim Serger on fifty five KRCV talk stations. The n first warning forecast. It's going to be mild today under cloudy sky is a high of forty five, some showers tonight heading into Christmas Day where we could see some scattered rain showers on Christmas Day in a high of forty eight. It is forty two at fifty five KRCV talk station from the ucl TRIUMPHAG Center with you sea Health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit ucahealth dot com.
Speaker 4: Highway traffic continues to look pretty good with the one wreck that is sapbound seventy five Spram to Eastpound for Washington Waite. They're on the shoulder, but I'm hearing plenty of dispatches for an accident with a car and it stopped. That's on McHenry above Westwood, Northern Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR and see a talk station.
Speaker 1: Seve on this Christmas Eve. Dan Carrolyn for Brian Thomas. A little breaking news right now. American Airlines is putting a hold on all its flights right now because of what they're saying is a technical issue, and that hold is only supposed to last till eight thirty this morning, So if you're expecting someone on a on a American Airlines flight, they might be a little bit late. Is this the Bob Seeger song? Okay, here we go, Bob. As suggested by our buddy Jim Serger, we play a little Bob Seger, a little drummer boy. And you know, you know what I like about that is I can listen to that voice and I know right away it's Bob Seger. And you talk about authentic and the songs that Bob Seger wrote and the way he performed in concert, there was nothing fake about that guy at.
Speaker 6: All, No, sir. I think Bob Seger song really nails it. I love the little drummer boy theme. And when I hear that song, instantly I just think about tradition with my parents. I think about the tradition that my wife and I have had for years, from going out on Thanksgiving after the day after to go get our Christmas tree and nan paps about forty minutes outside of Cincinnati. We spend all day decorating the house, turning it into a winter wonderland. So when I think of Bob Seeger and a little drummer boy, I just think of all the positive memories and the traditions that my family has had, from going downtown to see Poke and Patter, to the ge electric train set downtown and getting your little cookies, to my mom and dad catching the nip they always needed a nip to drink downtown when we were walking. Yeah, all you know, all the Christmas little elves, of robotic little elves downtown, just all those things. So when I hear Bob Seeger or just about any Christmas song, really dan, to be honest with you, I think of all the fun I had as growing up as a kid, and my wife and ies, you know, and my family. Last night, they all came over here and we were playing games all night. It was just a lot of fun. We had Christmas music in the background. And I'm a tough guy, but my heart was opened last night. It was so much fun watching everybody laugh and the exchange a little bit of gifts.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 6: It was really really a blast, and I think that those traditions are here to stay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I was going to ask you what Christmas looks like in the Serger household, but I think he just told us, and I appreciate that, and I think that is awesome.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the reasons I love talking to you and having you on is because you're you're such a great observer of life and what and what is happening in society, and I'm looking at things and and I don't know if it's just me, but I am really starting to and I think this is a good thing. I think I'm starting to sense a shift when it comes to young people. I know you and I have talked before, and I complained about how young people constantly had their nose and their cell phone, as if you know, the answer to life's problems were contained in there somehow, and and you know, everything was being compartmentalized, that there were no longer any more face to face conversation, and everything human interaction was becoming so superficial. I really think, and maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think I'm really starting to sense a shift, especially as when it comes to young people, of how they deal now with interpersonal relations. And it may sound silly, but one of the areas where I'm seeing it is over the years in this job and the jobs that I've had, I've dealt a lot with professional athletes. And there was a time when I absolutely despise professional athletes because I knew, in my heart of hearts, they didn't care about the game, they didn't care about other people. All they cared about was that contract and making as much money as they possibly could. Now, the drive to make money and make as much money as you possibly can is still there. But I think we have an entire generation of athletes now and young people who find themselves in these positions, and there's a humbleness to a lot of these individuals now knowing that they are truly are fortunate and just because they have exceeded their wildest dreams at a young age. They do not look down on other people and hold themselves above others simply because you know they're making You know they're making millions and millions and millions of dollars. And I think that is starting to rub off. That sense of appreciation and being thankful for what you have and getting back to dealing with people on that individual sort of level is making a comeback in this country. Am I off base here? Are you sensing any of that?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Sure, I think that you're coming out of one extreme, meaning COVID lockdown. You couldn't interact with people mess the traditions like you and I were just talking about. They missed being in front of the camera a lot, they missed making commercials, whatever. But the interaction between like you said, face to face was gone for three years basically during the COVID And now it's been open. The floodgates are open. And what we took for granted leading into COVID, now we appreciate that a lot more. And I'll give you a funny story. Dave Collins played for the Cincinnati Reds back in the late seventies, and he actually would come to my baseball practices here in Anderson Township. And I got a group team photo and there's Dave Collins in the photo. He used to come to a lot of our practice. Buddy Bell and Ronnie Oaster were the freshman basketball coaches at mid Neck for a few years. So that old tradition of still being involved in the community. Your heyday is over with or in the middle of your heyday. If becoming like you said, back to fruition. They want to be a part of the community. They're engaging with the community. Chase was out in Anderson Township the last couple of years working at King's Chickens. Sometimes he would just show up and work the drive through and it would catch the kids off God.
Speaker 1: And the kids loved it.
Speaker 6: They loved it. And I think that that engaging aspect of yes, you are an athlete, Yes you are for the Bengals or the Rads or SC Cincinnati and the Cyclones that they love the community involvement and everybody loves to feel part of something, giving something back without anything in return. They love it and they feel good, and they're a spokesman. They're an ambassador for our community. People look up to them, they want to be them. So if you're five years old, ten years old and you're seeing Joe Burrow drive the Batmobile down the beach Mont Avenue.
Speaker 1: Or something like that, it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen one of these days. That is fantastic. Well, Jim, we got to run. But I love having you on man. I love your perspective on things, and thank you so much for the time. This morning, and we will talk again, my friend Christmas to you for having me on. All right, there you go, Jim Serger, look him up, look up his books on. All you got to do is google Jim Serger and you will get there. We're late for a break, but who the heck cares? It's Christmas Eve, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the talk Stations.
Speaker 8: Your voice refreshing your country or reasonable American.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc D Talk station This report.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc the Talk Station, Christmas Eve, Dan Carroll. Then for Brian Thomas, and you're listening to the music of a band called Romeo Void. And the only reason I'm playing this is because my buddy Andrew Pappus is here.
Speaker 1: He loves his song. Andrew Pappus, how you doing today.
Speaker 3: Dan Carroll? Good morning, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: How about how about Joe Strecker. How about Joe Strecker digging deep there and pulling out your walk.
Speaker 14: Up music, one of the best in the business, Joe Stricker playing my holiday and everyday favorite.
Speaker 6: Grow me O boy.
Speaker 1: Someday you're going to tell me the story about how you got onto that song. I don't want to hear it right now.
Speaker 14: I won't get into it now, but it's is nothing more than a casual, fond remembrance of the glorious and height of music eighties and nineties, you know, music genre that infects my mind.
Speaker 1: You know the full disclosure here, Andrew and I have been doing a podcast called One Morning I'm out of here and I'm reading today from the Festivus list put out by Rand Paul, and I see where the National Endowment for the Humanities paid three hundred and eighty eight and sixty three dollars so we can all enjoy six episodes of a podcast devoted to magic. You know you're not doing anything today? Can you fill out the paperwork so we can get three hundred and eighty eight grand for our podcast? And can you accomplish that?
Speaker 14: I would love to, but I think a lot of people, including myself, are going to be busy this morning and actually the rest of this very short work week because I don't know if you heard, but the the court in an appeals court reversed or.
Speaker 3: Put a stay on the appeal of Texas to.
Speaker 14: This new IRS rule regarding corporations, and that even includes LLC's so everyone's now going to be scrambling. They put a stay on this. I know we didn't intend to talk about it, but just jogged my memory. So the IRS has come out with some new rule that you have to provide D tailed ownership records and IDs photos, copies of the i DS or pictures or scans of everyone's I D that is a partner or at least a member part of a corporation, your board, significant whatever. And the the state, the Great State of Texas sued. I don't know if Ohio joined them in this suit and said, no, you're overstepping. I guess we had to something for those eighty thousand new I R S agents that were hired under another imbecile named Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: But well, they got to have something to do. They gotta they got to go have the andrew those those rich, those rich business corporate people need to pay their fair share in taxes. I guess so, so podcasts about magic can get three hundred That money doesn't come out of thin air. You've got collected. So a podcast about magic, six episodes can can go for three hundred eighty eight grand.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine?
Speaker 14: Can you imagine what we could do the good that one more and I'm out of here with our great co host Jason Kiefer, could do with that money, how far and wide we could spread both our message and our musings.
Speaker 3: It would be epic.
Speaker 1: We could have we could have a proper studio in which to do our podcast. That would be fantastical.
Speaker 14: We might have might be about a wider deck so that no one is stuck looking at half of my head because your bulbous head takes up a large portion of the of the screen.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't bring you on here to talk about us, but you know I love every year Rand Paul puts out the Festivus list, and this year we are topping a trillion dollars eight with a t a trillion dollars with a te So we can have so we can have giant sculptures of pigeons and things like that. So people in Las Vegas, you know Las Vegas, Andrew, they had to build a pick a ball court for twelve million dollars. And God knows that with all the casinos in Las Vegas and everything that goes on out there, there's no way they can put their hands on twelve million dollars in Las Vegas to build a pickle ball court. So thank god they were able to rely on the federal government for that.
Speaker 14: You know, Rand Paul does this, and I think it's going to be even more exposed by my new favorite quasi governmental entity known.
Speaker 3: As does dose.
Speaker 1: And I have used I'm all about.
Speaker 3: The doge, all about the doge, and I'll tell you, you know, let's not forget.
Speaker 14: Also, it was announced that I believe that the Biden administration that is quickly coming to an end but not soon enough, spent millions and millions of dollars on electric postal vehicles, but only we're able to deliver a fraction of those at a cost of something like twenty two million dollars a vehicle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, and money well spent.
Speaker 14: And I've seen reports of electric school bus companies filing for bankruptcy now that the gravy train of federal dollars is coming to an end.
Speaker 1: And I thought, but I thought Kamala. I thought Kamala loved the loved yellow school buses. That didn't help.
Speaker 14: Did she loved, well, she loved everything, but she was probably she's probably two bottles into her speech, and at that point, you really do love everything and everyone.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think, to my way of thinking, when it comes to the doge, the mindset needs to change. Look, a trillion dollars, even even with the way this federal government spends money, is still a lot of money. If if, if we can get to the mindset where it's not a good idea to waste ten billion dollars here, eight million dollars there, so some dude can buy an island in Florida twelve million dollars on a pick a ball. If we can get to the mindset where this kind of spending needs to stop, I think that's the first step into getting the fiscal house in order.
Speaker 14: What say you, well, Dan Carroll, you're exactly right, and that that is not just at the federal level. I'd like to remind everybody that this starts local. And what I mean by that is you need to be involved in your school boards and see what they're spending money on. You need to be involved in your local whether it be township or city, to see what they're.
Speaker 3: Spending money on.
Speaker 14: And more importantly, even that leads up to the state level to see what they're spending money on and hold them accountable. Let us not, you know, focus solely. I think we can walk in sho gum at the same time, at least on the Republican side, I know we can. Let us not focus solely on the federal government. You know what, what is the biblical passage remove the beam from thy own eye, because you know we have we have a much more uh bigger impact at the local level. So you need to look at that, and the bigger stuff will then eventually take care of itself. I'm not saying ignore the bigger things. I'm looking forward to dos and and and and and hearing of all the waste and fraud at the federal government level. But you know when you see your local local township, end or park district and or uh school district spending money frivolously, that.
Speaker 3: You know it's your tax dollars.
Speaker 14: And I loathe when I hear of a levee and uh not that all levees are bad. I'll be the first one in a bid. I'm a big I'm a big supporter of public safety. I think that's the primary uh service of any local government is public safety, providing for public safety. But when you hear, well, it's only x amount of dollars per hundred thousand additional if you pass this like, yes, but that's money out of my pocket. And then I think of the seniors or fixed income folks that you and I are quickly approaching that stage in our lives.
Speaker 3: You quicker than I.
Speaker 1: I think that I appreciate it.
Speaker 14: You got it, brother, But you know I think that you know, hey, who are you to put your hands in these people's pockets when the only way they have to offset that additional expense is to cut an expense somewhere else. They can't, you know, they can't easily go out and find additional income to offset that. So how dare you say to me or anyone else, well, it's only an additional fifty dollars per hundred thousand. Well, I hate to say it, but in my neighborhood, I mean, thankfully, you know, it's hard to find a hundred thousand dollars house, so we're talking multiples of one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Uh So, you know, this is something that we need to focus on. I think though, it is that I think.
Speaker 14: As you mentioned, I feel like, although I am recovering from holiday traffic yesterday, so my brain is a little foggy. I feel like there is a new time and we're approaching a new age in America where perhaps this thinking is more prevalent at every level of government and in society.
Speaker 3: Do we need it not?
Speaker 1: Do we want it? Yeah? Well, let me let me ask you this though, and we got to get to a break, So just ponder this for a second. But when is the last time. When was the last time you were aware of a local entity that said to either a state government or a federal government, you know what, don't send us that money. We don't need that money. Well, you know, we we can take care of our own business here and and you the federal government, just you know, move on somewhere else. But please don't send us that that six or seven figure check. So when's the last time that happened? Think about that for a second and we'll can tinue on with Andrew pappis here on fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 6: V nine.
Speaker 1: First warning weather forecast cloudy today, not as cold. We'll have a high of forty five, some showers possible tonight, deal right low thirty six Christmas Day. Forget about a white Christmas. It is going to be scattered range showers and a high of forty eight. Thursday overcast and fifty six for.
Speaker 4: The high it is forty two at fifty five KRC DE talk station from the UC Health Traffic Center with uce health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give face and and chance for better outcomes. Visit UCHealth dot com. Highway traffic continues to look pretty good. There is an accident on the shoulder South Bend seventy five m to eastbound Ford Washington Way.
Speaker 1: Everything else is doing just fine.
Speaker 4: There's an accident on McHenry above Westwood Northern Boulevard, Chucking Gramont.
Speaker 1: And if i've k see the talk station.
Speaker 4: Fifty five k R the talk station rolling out my favorite Christmas songs today. This is Elvis when Elvis was at his best and his rendition of Merry Christmas Baby.
Speaker 1: This song is like seven minutes long, so I can just let this play and not continue on with Andrew Pappis, which would not be a bad thing. Let's see, I got I got Elvis on one hand, Papas on the other. What am I gonna do? What am I going to.
Speaker 9: Marry?
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas Baby, come on now shooting dreaming. All right, there we go. That's Elvis Presley, Merry Christmas Baby, fantastic. Andrew Pappus, we were talking before the break, and I actually have an answer to this question. But you know, you were talking about local responsibility when it comes to spending and things like that, and local governments are always happy, it seems to accept money from state or federal governments and grants and other things like that. And so it you know, showing a little leadership in that area, saying that you know, we are going to take care of whatever the issue is ourselves, seems like it might be a good thing.
Speaker 15: It is.
Speaker 14: Having swam in that pool for eight years, I will say that the oftentimes, if we were notified of a grant or something that was possible, my first reaction was, well, what is this grant for? And if it was something like that I thought was you know, frivolous or not needed, I'd be like, you know what, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think that that's something we should be pursuing.
Speaker 14: However, the retort if it was something that let's say, improving sidewalks or whatever, the retort from all levels is, well, you know, Sadly.
Speaker 15: If we don't take this month, somebody else will, another entity will, because the federal government, I think, I think what you should do then is have where it's offered and it's there needs to be a mindset change, and I think there will.
Speaker 3: I think we're heading that way. Well.
Speaker 1: The thing is when when they can, when those local when those local government bodies accept that government money. There's always there's always uh, strings that that are attached to it, no.
Speaker 14: Question, and I would always ask, you know, if there are strings uh And I'm only speaking from our lovely hamlet Anderson Township, but there are always strings attached with federal dollars.
Speaker 3: And you and I both know that a lot of times we would be dealing with.
Speaker 14: State dollars and to an extent, there's strings attached with that as well, But depending on the grant and what it was designed for, those strings could be highly limited or I just think that that mindset is definitely changing, and we you know, sadly, as you and I both know, I believe there was a great show I watched Sunday night with Mark Levin that discussed the budget, the percentages that are discretionary and what we're actually fighting over regarding all these budget shutdowns that was coming up here that we were threatened with just sadly a week ago.
Speaker 3: You know what we are locked into so much.
Speaker 14: We're arguing over a very small fraction of it because we're spending too much money and we need a fundamental mindset change. We cannot and have not been able to afford what we've been spending. And you know, I'm not trying. You know, I want everyone to enjoy this holiday season, especially those poor folks that are stuck at the airport.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 14: I wouldn't want to be an American airline gate agent if he offered me every federal dollar out there right now. They're probably being abused. But you know, listening, folks, enjoy the tomorrow today, enjoy tomorrow. But we need to have a fundamental shift of thinking. And Ran Paul brings it to what brings it to light with what we've been spending money on. I believe that study office said something about was it not lonely rats with cocaine dependencies or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, money, yeah, money for rat research. And they imagine this, They took a bunch of rats and they let some of the rats socialize with each other, and they let had other rats that were, you know, kept kept to themselves in isolation essentially, and then the other rats had food and access to water and all the rest of it, and the the other rats only had cocaine to rely on. So lo and behold, they they found out that the rats that won't only had the cocaine. The only thing they had was the cocaine. So they preferred the cocaine. Imagine that.
Speaker 3: Imagine that, and we spend that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we spent the use of tax pay about four hundred nineteen thousand dollars. And again you'll look at that, Oh it's only four hundred nineteen thousand dollars. But again we need to look at that and say, you know what, we don't need to spend that kind of money on that kind of question.
Speaker 3: No question.
Speaker 14: And I hope we start January twentieth. You were discussing the pardons earlier. I had a long post about the about the newly found conscience of our unconscious president and where was his conscience during any number of the things I listed in my posts? Where was his conscience on the Afghanistan withdrawal? Where was his conscience on showering with his daughter.
Speaker 3: Where was his.
Speaker 14: Conscience on blaming an innocent man to the death of his wife for years and years and years? Where was his conscience for lying about any number of things, including his test scores while he was You know, I graduated at the top of my class andlah blah blah, and I.
Speaker 3: Imagine I'm smarter than you. Where was this?
Speaker 14: Tutches sin? But I agree with you, Dan, you know we need a fundamental mind shift. I think it's I think it's coming, and most encouragingly, as you mentioned, I think it's occurring among the next generation.
Speaker 1: Well, Andrew, I'll tell you what can you can? You can? You stay right there? We got to get a quick break in you. You want to hang around for one more segment? Absolutely all right, Andrew Pappas, stay right there and we'll continue with Andrew on the other side of this on fifty five KRC, the talk station. This is this simply money minute with Amy Wagon The nine first Warning weather forecast mild today, a high of forty five hundred, cloudy skies, some rain possible tonight the other night, low thirty six, scattered rain for Christmas Day and a higher forty eight then some showers continue from Christmas night into Thursday. Thursday, we'll have overcast skys in a high of fifty six. It is forty two at fifty five KRC. The talk station from the use of I Think Center with u see health.
Speaker 4: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit ucehealth dot com. Southbound seventy five.
Speaker 4: Crews continue to work for the wreck on the right shoulder and the ramp to eastbound Fort Washington Way.
Speaker 1: That's a wreck on McHenry above Western Northern.
Speaker 4: Boulevard, and the latest is on University at Jefferson Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRE.
Speaker 1: See the talk station little Christmas music on this Christmas Eve twenty twenty four. Thank you so much for being here. As we continue on with Andrew Pappus. And you know, it's not just the guy in the White House, but so many of these Democrats who are in charge. And I think of Kaffe Hochel, the governor, the governor of New York who on the same day, the same day as a woman was set on fire on the subway and the the alleged killer uh sat there and fanned the flames and then sat back on a bench and watched it, watched his work as this woman burned to death. The governor of New York puts out a post on social media talking about how great and safe the subway system is under her leadership. I mean, just the brain deadness of some of these individuals that get into office is is staggering in their in their stupidity and and the things that they do. So it's you know, there's there's plenty of places where these things need to be cleaned out, no question.
Speaker 3: And you know, and you mentioned that.
Speaker 14: The thing that really disgusted me most about that was the your your your live old media headlines said woman one of the New York papers.
Speaker 3: Woman caught fire like she like she's spontaneously combusted.
Speaker 1: That was that was the headline. You know, happens. Well, that's like that's like a car drives through a Christmas festival in Germany just just by itself. Man just drove through there happened.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I know many journalists that that that that never criticize the media because they think they're you know.
Speaker 3: Holier than now.
Speaker 14: They went to school and got a some sort of journalism degree, and that gives them license to you know, they know better than you and I, you know, I think that people, as we've seen the the your your mainstream media.
Speaker 3: That your in their influence is waning at best.
Speaker 14: And and and we are seeing a ship that the curtain has been pulled back, and we're seeing the wizard behind, you know, the emperor has no clothes and the person behind the curtain actually pulling the strings. And I think it's a great thing. But you know, it is Christmas time, so we're going to have plenty of time to bemoan and discuss all these things. But I if I could just pivot for a moment, a lot of people, because I'm so adept, I will pivot, And of course we might circle back to this.
Speaker 3: Another term I won't miss anytime soon.
Speaker 14: But you know, a lot of folks are going to be looking, and your prior guests mentioned it, a lot of folks this the time of year, are looking for charitable organizations to support. And I'd just like to just give a shout out. He did mention tunnel the Towers. I can't think of you know a better national charity. Do you know I do a lot of work with Honor Flight tri State. They are another one that helps a lot of local veterans. And I'd like to also mention locally here and Anderson at least the Yellow Ribbon Support Center run by Keith Mappin, who helps send packages overseas to soldiers. And and you know, it is the holidays we need to especially this time year with As I said, I'm not really in the holiday spirit as fully as I should be because I had to make a thirty minute connection in Atlanta yesterday and I think they're still mopping up the carnage from that event. But I will say, let's focus on at least this next week charitable giving if you can, if you have the means. I realize that the economy has been, especially under Joe Biden, horrendous, but things are looking up. We have a new administration coming into office. Optimism is growing, and I think we're going to turn this chip around. And part of that can be reflected in your end of year taxeductible holiday giving. And I wish everybody out there a very merry Christmas, a blessed holiday season, and a happy new year, including you. Dan Carroll You're doing a fantastic job filling in for Brian Thomas and all the other work that you do. I really appreciate you. Joe Strecker in the background, and everybody out there, well Andrew, wait wait, I might have it christ except the Flaviians I'm not really fond of.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't win them all, but but you try. But Andrew, I know I have with that going out on a high note. That is the that is the thing to do, especially today. And yeah, all the other stuff that we have to talk about, we can save that for another time. But I know that I agree with you. There is there is reason for optimism, There is reason for hope despite all the all the just horrendous and horrible news that has come out in the last forty eight hours. We can let that sit aside and we pray for those families that are affected by that. But there's always again, hope and light at the end of the tunnel. And Andrew, thank you for the time. Have a great Christmas Day, and I'm sure we'll see you sometime here around New Year's or sometime around that.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, you too as well.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go. The one and only Andrew Pappus and as always great to talk to him and want to thank him for his time today. Joe, Let's go ahead and open the phone lines for the last fifteen or twenty minutes that we have with you this morning, and if anybody wants to check in five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred. As we head down the home stretch, Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc V talk station Affordable imagey dead the nine first morning weather forecast not as cold today, cloudy skyes mile to high forty five, some rain possible tonight heading into Christmas morning. The overnight low thirty six looks like Christmas Day is going to have scattered rain showers and a high of forty eight. Thursday, mostly cloudy, a high fifty six forty two at fifty five krc V talk.
Speaker 4: Station from the UCL Tramphing Center with uce health, the future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments. Then give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit uce health dot com. Cruz continue to work with an accident on University at Jefferson, as well as cleaning up on McHenry just above Westwood Northern Boulevard, Chuck Ingram on fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 1: This is the time.
Speaker 6: Come.
Speaker 1: But what's here? I'm happy is a happy to take the next hit month, pay you my bills, time and things about it.
Speaker 12: It gives me tills.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Christmas come but grunts again getting ready? This is great stuff.
Speaker 6: I love this.
Speaker 1: Joe Strecker, What am I listening to?
Speaker 15: Going?
Speaker 1: Pardon? Oh this is Charles Brown. Okay, this is great going a thing about you knew his day. I don't care what I have to pay the good time for Christmas combent once you say this is this is the kind of Christmas music I love. And I'm looking at this list of the what's considered the consensus of the best Christmas songs of all time, and uh well, just let me backtrack here for a second. Andrew was talking about the American airlines. Say they had a problem. So it's it's six point fifty this morning. They stopped all their flights, said they had some sort of technical issue, and those flights were supposed to resume at eight thirty this morning. So I'm gonna have to look that up and Joe looked at up and see if we know if those flights have resumed or not. But anyway, the top seven Christmas songs according to this and you can tell me if if you agree with ease night. But I'll go back down. Let me scroll down the list here and get to number seven. Number seven is the Happy Christmas War Is Over song by John Lennon and Yoko Ono. And if the airlines have not the American Airlines has not resumed flights yet. Oh okay, Joe doesn't like this one. And this is I you know what I should have sent you, Joe. This is my fault. I should have sent you this so you can roll a little bit of these songs so we can actually hear them. But this is John and Yoko and the Plastic O No Band, and I don't you know what. I kind of like this song. It's probably not one of my favorites. I don't know if it's top seven, but if I hear it, I won't turn it off. I'll listen to it. So that is number seven. Number six, very traditional the Christmas song Merry Christmas to You by Nat King Cole, recorded in nineteen forty six. Yeah, this is you know Nat King Cole. They talk about the smooth, the velvety voice, and I listened to that and I think I was talking about this yesterday with Jason Williams, and this is one of his favorite songs. And I just remark at the quality of that particular recording in nineteen forty six, and it sounds as good and crisp and clear as it did on the day that they made it. So I don't know. Maybe that's a little bit of a Christmas miracle there, but no, that is a that is a great song. Then we have Darlene Love nineteen sixty three Christmas Baby, Please Come Home, which is another it is that is a song that I like very much. I like her rendition of it, and that is another song that I can do. That song that has wound up in the soundtrack of a lot of different movies, and I kind of like that one. Let's see what's the next one. Fairy Tale of New York by the Pogues and Christy McCall and I gotta tell you, off the top of my head, I cannot think of what that song sounds like. I don't have the ability to listen to it here in the studio. But that's number four of the all time You would think that a song that ranks number four on the all time best list would be something that you've heard of before.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: White Christmas by Ben Crosby. That is another classic, another standard around Christmas time. That's number three on the list. Number two is and Joe, I don't know if you're going to agree with this one. This is Last Christmas by Wham, beloved holiday classic that has captured the hearts of listeners since its release. Written and performed by Wham, the song has remained a staple on Christmas playlist worldwide the eighties. Gem had an interesting journey to the top island inspired countless cover versions over the years. It didn't reach number one until twenty seventeen, following George Michael's passing. So there you go, and let's see. We got to get a break in here, and I'm gonna Joe, I'm gonna send this to you and you should be able to dial up number one while we're in the break here. How about that. We'll try that and we will hear what is considered the number one best Christmas song, according at least to this list, and we'll have that after this on fifty five krs DE talk station in this D nine first one forecast a cloudy not as cold today, a high a forty five, forty five on the on the day before Christmas, cloudy tonight, some showers possible, the overnight low of thirty six, and then scattered rain as possible tomorrow. On Christmas Day, we'll have a high near fifty and then some showers continue and a high on Thursday of fifty six.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be a mild Christmas. It is forty two at fifty five KRC the talk station from the UCL Traffic Center with u SEE health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments and give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit u sehealth dot com. Highwayte not bad at.
Speaker 4: All to deal with this morning for your Christmas Eve morning commute northbound seventy fives under ten minutes between Florence and downtown. Cruiser cleaning up an accident on University at Jefferson chuck Ingram On fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: OH one A lot Christmas, Just walk.
Speaker 4: It's eight fifty Christmas Eve, Christmas and uh under protest, Joe st Record is rolling this one out?
Speaker 1: Is Mariah Carey? All I Want for Christmas is you? Recorded in nineteen ninety four. Ah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Mariah carey timeless Holiday classics synonymous with the Fest Season, released in nineteen ninety four, not only capture the heart of millions, but also solidified its place as the most beloved Christmas song of all time?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Look, I think Mariah Carey is a very talented singer. I think the way she resurrected her career. I remember doing an interview about her one time. This is back in My Fox nineteen days, and we had a guest on that was some sort of this expert in the music industry, and I said, you know what in Mariah Carey. This was when she was making her comeback. And I said her career literally had one foot in the grave, and he agreed with me. I don't know if it was this song that brought her back, but Mariah Carey very talented singer, and I think she's living a good life now, so I'm happy for her this time. But that song is number one on the all time I'm not buying it. I'm not saying it's a bad song. And then Joe also agreed with me that this song that's at number four, fairy Tale of New York by the Pogues and Christy McCall, recorded in nineteen eighty eight, never heard of it. And I'm sorry to say, here's some good news. Actually I've got I have two pieces of good news. As we get ready to close it out. We talked earlier about American Airlines. They had to stop more than one hundred flights this morning because of a quote technical issue, so American Airlines briefly grounded their flights. The actual of the groundstop was issued by the FAA just before six thirty this morning the Central time. So that issue has apparently been fixed, and American Airlines is up and flying again. So if you are expecting someone or you are traveling on American Airlines, don't change your plans. There will likely be a delay that will ripple throughout the rest of the of the day, But American Airlines is flying again, So there's a little bit of a Christmas miracle right there, and we'll hope that that continues on for the rest of the day, all right, how about this for good news. According to WLWT, the Ohio Lottery says a classic lotto jackpot ticket has been sold in Cincinnati. Listen to this, Joe, worth one point nine million dollars. One point nine million sold in Cincinnati. Joe, have you been on the west side lately? The ticket was purchased at the Ameristop food mart on Muddy Creek Road in Cincinnati. That's Western Hills, not just about a couple of blocks away off of Glenway Avenue. And if you have been there to the marathon station on Muddy Creek in Western Hills and you bought a lottery ticket there, check out those tickets. Someone in Cincinnati has a ticket right now today worth one point nine million dollars. The classic of this was Classic Lotto. That's a game I never play, so I know I don't have to worry ab about it. But the numbers are one, two, nine, thirty three, thirty eight and thirty nine. So someone hit that Christmas Eve one point nine million. Congratulations to you. And if it's you, the next time I'm on the radio, pick up the phone and give me a call. I'd love to hear that story. But that is going to be it for me. I got to get out of here. Thanks Joe for letting me sit in for Brian Thomas. Thanks to Brian Thomas, all the listeners of fifty five KRC, I certainly hope you have a great and blessed Christmas and a happy New Year and all the rest of it. I don't know when I'll get a chance to sit in this seat again, but someone will be here later this week filling in for Brian Thomas. So once again I have nothing but thanks for everyone here at fifty five KRC and all the listeners of the Brian Thomas Show. It's such a great audience and my pleasure to be here and sit in this seat, so I can't thank you enough again. Merry Christmas everyone, and we'll see you next time here on fifty five KRC, the Talk station. Your voice, Thank you for taking McColl your country.
Speaker 6: It's refreshing to hear it every day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the Talk Station, This repor