Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: Hello, and what's up to a live Thursday edition of Reconnected? We are kind of barely holding it together. Will is a broadcasting live from the beaches of North Carolina. How are we doing?
Speaker 3: I'm on a barrier island where sustainable Environmentalists of warns people to stop building for decades.
Speaker 4: Right across the street.
Speaker 3: Or three new buildings, three new rental houses been being built out.
Speaker 4: Oh, I heard a guffall to my right.
Speaker 2: You did. We We got a special guest to start the show off with tonight, who is not even in the well. This is going swimmingly so far.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Say hello to Will Dodson's wonderful sister, Georgia. Welcome Georgia, could to see you again?
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can very well?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh. For those that don't know, Will has talked about this before. Georgia is an editor and uh, and we mean like a real editor, not a fake one. Not not a fake one, which there are many of those. Let's talk about some of these things. You have done some editing on some major things that have been released in the last couple of years. We've talked before about Matt Do, but I don't think we've talked about dirty pop at all. Why don't you tell us about that a little bit?
Speaker 5: Sure, So I edit documentaries, which is actually a pretty specific distinction and dirty pop I worked on I think I finished that end of twenty twenty three. I worked with another editor on that. My episode is episode two out of three, so you should like that one the best. And yeah, I am of that generation, I guess the Backstreet Boys era, but I didn't listen to any of that stuff. So then going through all the archival, I became a fan retroactively love O Town.
Speaker 2: I didn't think we were going to get a boy band politics tonight's discussion.
Speaker 5: But look, I can keep going if you want on that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'd love to hear all the gritty details here.
Speaker 5: I mean, actually I can't. Yeah, but that that show was actually mostly about lou Pearlman's Ponzi scheme. He basically built all those boy bands on the back of a Ponzi scheme and he died in prison, which I didn't realize. You know, all this stuff happened I think before things really went viral in our world. So I was in college. I think when that happened so or somewhere around there. So I didn't know. Now I do, but that's on Netflix and you can check that out.
Speaker 2: Uh, and then your first thing. We never talked about this on the show at all. I don't think what is underplayed underplayed.
Speaker 5: So I started out as a commercial editor also, and I still edit commercials, some really great Rachel Ray dog food commercials. You might have seen them. They're amazing. But I started out a commercial post and you meet a lot of directors that way that do commercials as well as films. And so in twenty nineteen I booked that was my first feature doc that I booked with a director who had also never done a future doc. She was a commercial director kind of in my sphere, but she had done some short documentaries. And that was about women in electronic music, specifically DJs. Yeah, just like that if you didn't know.
Speaker 2: And those acting has been on point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been really fun.
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I love my brother. And so that's about women in electronic music, and we focus on I think it's four women that were in the top one hundred the DJ mag one hundred, or maybe maybe it's Billboard. I can't remember. I think it's Billboard like the top one hundred DJ list, and there were only five women in twenty nineteen that were on that list, So four of them we profile in the movie. But we also talk about, uh, we profile a lot of underground DJs as well who are trying to make it, And then we talk about how electronic music started with a lot of female pioneers, like why am I blinking now? On the doctor?
Speaker 2: Who Lady?
Speaker 5: You guys know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 5: And no, who's the lady? Daphne? Just bad? I should have studied. Yeah, lots of women I've forgotten, just like a history erased. So it's about that. Yeah, and that was a That was a crazy movie. To Edis. We had a really crazy We had a horrible short schedule and yeah, it was insane, but it turned out okay.
Speaker 2: Well with editing. One of the big things I got to hear about. You know, you've worked with Netflix, You've worked with some of the others. How how how how debilitating is the notes process from them?
Speaker 5: It depends on.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 5: It depends on the I signed in n DA. Yes it is Delia Derbyshire.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Although No, Delia Derbyshire didn't do Doctor Who.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 5: No, not that either. Yes, Stephney Orm. I think it's Stephane Orm. Maybe I don't know. And also we talk about Wendy Carlos and all that stuff. Yes, Dan, Yes to you Stan, the one person I know on here. Oh yeah, I forgot what I was talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: The notes process, it depends on the project because we get shielded a lot. Like a lot of times, I'm working with a production company that's the intermediary between me and the studio. So for instance, Dirty Pop was actually Time Studios, so I interacted with the Times Studios people. They dealt with Netflix. I just finished a Hulu show and I was not shielded from the notes. In fact, I got emails directly from the people at Actually that was ABC. It's a true crime show. I don't think I'm allowed to say because it's not done yet and they're not sure of the title. But it's a true crime.
Speaker 2: Oh you should be really easy to find a true crime show on Hulu. They've only done it's a.
Speaker 5: True crime show. It's got a colon in the title. It's something colon, something something something. It actually will be easy to find though, because it's about I can't tell you it's about a dentist who murdered his wife on safari in Zambia.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there will only be like four to choose from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just look for the Safari the Safari murder. Yeah, honestly, it depends the notes. Sometimes the notes are better than the the people actually working, like some of the producers working on the movie from the production company, Right, yeah, it's not it's not so bad.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not bad. Then that's good U with with them? What what is the most difficult thing to edit some of these that you are detached from? Is there anything for you that you you are you know, struggling with to to find inspiration or put things together that you were just straight given?
Speaker 5: So you mean a project that I'm just like not interested in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that and you're not on set with them. You don't have any say in what's going on on some of the filming, so you're just given a bunch of footage.
Speaker 5: That's actually not That's actually not always the case. With Maddu they were filming while I was editing, so I was able to like they would be shooting either in England or in Nigeria, and then we would be building stuff and I would be like, oh, maybe we need this, and especially towards the end of the edit, they would go back because one of the directors was located. He lives in Legos and so he was able to like go do pickup shots and stuff like that. So sometimes I do have a hand in that. And on the show that I just finished, I actually went like, we did pick up shots and went with the DP and the director and shot a bunch of stuff that we all came up with just from the edits that we had built. But that being said, I actually have been very lucky that all the long form stuff that I've worked on so far I am interested in and connected to. I would say the career as I work on. I just finished a pharma campaign. I do a lot of like pharmaceutical ads because I'm a good person.
Speaker 4: You should tell.
Speaker 2: That was such a such a duds and joke to hear.
Speaker 5: I do though, Listen, I gotta pay my bills and that stuff. That stuff I don't like, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very duds and joke. I love it. So when you're doing some of these series, are you given any sort of outline specifically how you're you know, supposed to set it up. Are you choosing a lot of it?
Speaker 5: Again, this is a project by project basis, so it depends on the director. I will say a lot of men that I work with don't give me anything, and I do all the outlines, and I do. I've had directors that I write their emails for them to the studios because they can't, like write a decent email. The women that I work with are usually more organized.
Speaker 2: This is just true. I feel like I'm sensing a pattern.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't, it's just true. I was laughing about it today because my I just started a movie and the director is super organized and she's she's already done all these outlines and it's a doc and like you can never really know what it's going to be because you know you've got to get in there. But like, I don't know. There's other projects I've done I've had to completely which is fine. I also I really like that, but it's nice to have a little bit of help. So I don't.
Speaker 2: Think so, Yeah, any of your finished projects that have been out in the world that there's something that you regret in the edit and you've watched it afterwards when damn it should have changed that. Yeah, I'd love to hear what what you do a.
Speaker 5: Lot of things, very specifically in the beginning of like the first act of MADD do I also know I go back and forth because I know that I was trying to solve And this actually speaks to your question about notes, like I should probably not be so like notes are super annoying. You just figure out how to address them the way that you want to address them and make Disney or whoever think that you like did what they wanted. In mad I feel like, I don't know, there's just one scene that bugs me in the first act, and I would recut it and maybe move it, and if it were up to me, I would cut it all together. But it has to be in the movie.
Speaker 6: So I do a contest with anybody can guesses. You can guess the right scene. We can give them a free coffee of something not matter because it's not on. You should just Georgia about their physical media collection.
Speaker 5: I don't have any physical media.
Speaker 2: I exist purely in the ether all in the streaming world.
Speaker 5: I'm in the cloud.
Speaker 2: So on that note, just very detailed here, what are your real thoughts about Disney as a corporation and can you speak clearly into the microphone.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding about Disney's.
Speaker 2: What Disney is a corporation?
Speaker 5: Oh, no comment? Uh.
Speaker 2: Streaming wise, I feel like that's up and a lot opened a lot of opportunities for stuff like this though, because obviously, back you know, when we were doing broadcast stuff, the number of true crimes with Colon's the title was significantly less. I love the number of opportunities coming out now. But as far as streaming, do you feel like your your work gets seen enough? Do you feel like they you wish they would do more to promote your stuff.
Speaker 5: There's a lot to stream about my work specifically, you mean.
Speaker 2: Just that show? You know, we'll talk about Mad, you specifically or Mad.
Speaker 5: Do I feel like it was marketed weirdly? I mean it was Disney. It was marketed as a children's movie, and it's not necessarily a kid's movie. Like the poster looks like Nigeria, Peter Pan or something. It's like so horrible, but you know that's what it is, you know, And I feel like they didn't do a big push for it, although we did just get nominated in December for the International Documentary Association Awards for Best TV Documentary, which is like, it is a huge deal. So that was good because I felt like we got shunned a lot. I think because it was Disney. But but yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I wish it could have been in a theater.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I got to see it at a film festival, so I got to see it on a big screen.
Speaker 2: That helps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm a hypocrite because I never I feel like I go to the theater very rarely. Right, Yeah, I'm that person like in my bed watching stuff on my iPad.
Speaker 2: Oh. Sorry, at least it's not a phone or I phone.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding. I don't do that.
Speaker 2: Last couple of questions for the true nerds, what do you edit on professionally?
Speaker 5: I'm an avid editor. I edit an avid and I do. I can use Premiere and I do, but I hate it. It's the worst.
Speaker 2: I do not use Premiere. I use Final Cut pro. Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Don't even know how to use like Final Cut pros. Like somebody asked me how to use that once and I opened it and I was like, what, I don't know the original Final Cut Pro. That's what I learned on in like, yeah, two thousand one or something, but it's.
Speaker 2: A little bit different now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so documentary editors and I feel like people that work on like big shows that have multiple editors, like you, generally use AVID because you can work on a central server more easily. You can work in the same project and just pass things back and forth through bins and premiere or doesn't really. It has a thing called teams now that you can use, but it's not I think it's called teams. It's not a staple. And then there's a lot of dorky reasons why documentary editors prefer it, but I'm not going to get into it.
Speaker 2: Although I'd love to hear about that later. Maybe, Uh, when when you were trying to get to get to know these tools, was there anything that you found more helpful for somebody that's watching and maybe wants to be an editor someday.
Speaker 5: I don't recommend being an editor unless you're very young. I have people that come to me in their thirties and they're like, I want to be an editor. I'm like, you're too old. Just just don't. It's you're too old now don't do it. It's very physically taxing and hard on your body, like we're running in this live stream.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: Though it's tough, don't do it, but if you really want to do it, I don't know. I think the kids are using a Resolve now, like I am not. Yeah, I'm not the I'm not the person to ask about software like I think. I think Premiere and Resolve are definitely the first step to get into things. And yeah, it's really different than even when I was coming up, just like fifteen or you know, twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm old.
Speaker 4: Started.
Speaker 5: I was a receptionist for who at a company called Final Cut, but not the software. It was a post house in New York that did commercial commercials and that's how I got into commercial post and so I just I worked into the machine room. And this is still when everything was standard death and we would run I would like run digi beta tapes up to air for like a Crest commercial or something, and it was very stressful because you couldn't mess anything up. And now it's really different. So yeah, my advice is to get resolved. I guess you want to be an editor, good to know it.
Speaker 2: And I honestly, it's it's supposedly really useful for people that can just transfer stuff back and forth, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know how to use it. I'm like, I'm that person. I'm like, ah, but.
Speaker 2: Well I know that you got to go to bed. Thanks for answering at least some of the fun questions. You're welcome. Thanks for having everybody go check out Georgia's stuff. You got underplayed, Mad Do Dirty Pop and then something with the colon and the title.
Speaker 4: We'll put some links up. Yeah. Thanks, that was like the best conversation we've had in a long time.
Speaker 5: Should just end it now.
Speaker 2: It's all gonna go downhill. Absolutely, Thank you, Georgia. So that was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, I'm I'm out on a porch with the the night skies behind me and the crashing of the waves on the beach. I'm gonna turn my camera off so I can adjust my position.
Speaker 2: All right. Since Will's not gonna have I don't think so any pickups in person, I'm gonna share a couple. I picked up a couple of things in some recent sales, and then one that finally came in after literally a couple of years. I had some people in the discord rasing me because I didn't get Godzilla Minus one. So I finally picked up the four K copy of this just came in and I matched the energy of Godzilla minus one with the four K of Ascent Powers International Man of Mystery, can't I can't wait to see that this one is from Concept Media. Been following them, covering them for a couple of years. Really stoked to finally get this one and to check it out. It is a Kickstarter title and it was stranded. This was just a low budget horror I can't remember. I don't think this is the one that got Nope, it's not the one, so I will not say it, but check this out. I think you can still pick up a couple copies of this. I don't think it was a Kickstarter exclusive. Check that out soon will what's been going on with you?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, it's been eventful. Well, I suppose the biggest thing was last week. I welcomed Sam Degan in person down in North Carolina and we did a couple of screenings. We did Zero Grad thanks to our friends at def Crocodile. We showed Zero Grad at the Kerry Theater and Lovely downtown Carrie, North Carolina, had a pretty good turnout, met some folks from the chat and from Sam's Patreon, Dick and John.
Speaker 4: John Daly was able to be there with his lovely wife, Robin Bud Wilkins, a couple, a bunch of bunch of people up nice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then that was on Wednesday last week. And then Sam and I went to Greensboro to the International Human Rights Film Festival at UNC Greensboro to show Sam. Sam picked out come and see the nineteen eighty five Soviet anti war.
Speaker 2: Film feel good Movie of the Year.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you know that old was it? Sony?
Speaker 3: It's that old commercial where it's a guy sitting in a chair and the speakers have like blown everything by. When we turned the lights up after the movie, that's that's what like one hundred and seventy five people looked like.
Speaker 4: Just absolutely like But it was cool.
Speaker 3: It was cool kind of watching Sam interact with students and got to meet some of the faculty, some history faculties from Russian specialists, you know, who were really into what was what we were doing. And yeah, it was it was the first time meeting Sam in person.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 3: An absolute delight I can't say enough good stuff about her.
Speaker 2: She was so.
Speaker 3: Kind and generous, and given the amount of pollen that we have in North Carolina at this time, the fact that she could even be polite to people was pretty impressive because she was suffering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, we had a good time.
Speaker 2: What you told me about mow in the grass was terrifying sounding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, pollen here is so bad that irised. I rinsed off. The car was green. It's a blue car, but the car was green and with pollen. Right, I wash it off and thirty minutes later it's green again.
Speaker 4: It's like gamma radiation.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just I feel so fortunate to af. I mean, like, you know, last what November, I was like, Hey, I wonder if I could scrape together some grant money and bring Sam Degan down here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: You know, six or seven months later, bam did it. For five months, however.
Speaker 2: Long, it moved about pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so real, real happy. I'm definitely grateful that we did that. And it looks like that's going to lead to some more in person screenings at the Carry Theater, Crocodile Films and and and maybe maybe smokers too, but that's gonna be starting soon. I'll definitely keep the discord and.
Speaker 2: More informed, and we'll be posting on the SFP socials. Make sure you're following us everywhere on.
Speaker 4: That absolutely smash that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Speaking of smashing things. Before we get into like recent watches and everything, we're going to talk about probably the biggest news of the day, just to kind of get it out of the way, because I don't want to end on it down or tonight. So let's uh, let's bring this up real quick. This is let's make us a little smaller here. Today. There was a big post that I made that fucking exploded on Facebook, and I just want to say right now, discussing how politics affects the home video industry is not inherently political. It is not about saying a party or an administration is bad. But we are going to discuss how the effects of this change will have an overall effect on our hobby and industry at large.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: We're not going to talk about politics or the way politics might affect actual human beings. What we're talking about, specifically is the price of blu rays.
Speaker 2: Anyways, No you're gonna be able to sense how we feel about this, obviously, but there's a lot of things that need to be said here and some things that need to be cleared up. A lot of people think that I posted this just to get a rise out of people, but in all reality, I try to share the amount of information that I can that will have an effect on any of this. So everything from replacement disks, to announcements to good deals to literally a politically charged change to the way things are taxed and how that will affect a huge portion of buyers. So today tariffs were enacted literally in a sweeping way across the world by the United States government that affected almost every single country out there except for a couple that are kind of suspicious. And what we.
Speaker 4: Are Cambodia gotten messed up.
Speaker 2: Did you see that? It's pretty bad. It's pretty bad. What we are seeing is that multiple boutiques, including just a moment ago in the chat dev Crocodile signaling that manufacturing costs have already guaranteed to have gone up by at most twenty percent. From what we're seeing. That could change in the future. Some others could report some higher numbers, but most are going to be ten to twenty percent overall. But the big thing that's manufacturing costs. That's not inherently saying that the price of their goods are going to go up by twenty percent. But we'll get back to that in just a moment. Orbit DVD had a live video today and this is the main reason that something about this needed to be posted is this is news for a lot of people that shop through Orbit DVD, which is myself, Will and many other people in this chat. Guaranteed is going to find some interest in this because many of us are people that import from stores like Brother Belile. Hey, what's going on? Brother Belile? He is somebody that imports a lot for us, and we are big fans of their releases that they get from overseas. Now, Orbit DVD shared some of their plans and it is as follows. There will be a ten percent tariffy for UK and Australian items. The UK and Australian pre orders that exist, Orbit will pay for half of the tariffy and the customer will pay for the other half, and then after those release dates, the customer will pay for everything. So if you want the most cost effective way to pre order from Orbit or to get a release from the UK or Australia from Orbit, that will be to pre order them now from other countries, customer will pay all of the tariffy, So that means if you're getting something from Germany, that means if you're getting something from the Asian market or somewhere else that they're carrying for Italy is another one that they've carried some for everything will be paid by the customer. Now. Currently there are in stock imported items and obviously they didn't have to pay a tariff on those, so those are unaffected. And if you have current pre orders, those are unaffected. But all of the current preorders were shut down so they could put this policy in place, and those will reopen in the next couple of days. So all of that leading need to say right now, if you want to lock something in at the absolute most cost effective price for you in the US, you may want to go direct to a boutique label and buy from them right now, locking the price before some of these places can get the tariff model set up and and see if you can get that fixed for yourself. It is a rough situation, so basically.
Speaker 3: You're saying Basically, you're saying, if someone hypothetically were to have a cart put together at the Indicator sale, they should they should go ahead and.
Speaker 4: Hit purchase.
Speaker 2: Specifically to you, mister will Dotson, Yes, you should probably purchase that indicator cart sooner than later.
Speaker 4: Dang.
Speaker 2: The other part of this that I really wanted to highlight is that none of these companies that are doing this are choosing to do this. Prices will inevitably be increasing across the board. Most of these boutique labels the physical media industry. Most of these people are not operating in a place where a twenty percent margin is even theoretically capable of being eaten by the owner of the company not profiting enough money to have that outweigh the costs of their business. I think Orbit as a retailer is being extremely fair by choosing to eat some of it for you. That is a big move for them, to be quite honest. But the other thing, if you are wanting to buy from a UK company or an Australian company, this is a really good time to support some of these smaller labels, because I definitely see a world where some of these smaller labels simply do not last through this situation if it goes on longer than a couple of months. But the reality is, even if it's canceled tomorrow, this will still have large sweeping effects on pricing and physical media forever because this is essentially a permanent tax increase for a lot of situations. Any thoughts there will.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, reasonable people can have different perspectives on the short term and long term effects of.
Speaker 4: These new policies.
Speaker 3: And the purpose of this show is to discuss the hobby and the industry and the you know, economics of boutique blu ray production and distribution. So what we're seeing in the little microcosm of our interests are shared interests, whatever our politics might be, is you know, something that's gonna make things difficult, as Ryan was saying, for especially the smaller boutique labels, and.
Speaker 4: Given that.
Speaker 3: Inflation is still an it shoe for most of us, you you know, you have to think intentionally about about the things you want to buy.
Speaker 4: How was that was that good?
Speaker 2: That was good? I'm just laughing because Sibners says third Window Films is now nine Window Films.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that that was good. Also, I just I just hit pay now on my indicator cart. That's pretty great, So that that kind of hurt.
Speaker 2: Joel says, all shops and labels need to make sure to specify the additional charges directly from the tariff. Yes, they absolutely should, uh and indicate that that is the only reason that it exists. There's so much happening right now. It is going to be a time of transition, obviously, Mike, Mike's here, what's going on? Mike ordered from Umbrella today not even thinking about tariffs, and there wasn't any change in prices. Even went back and looked at my order today, no additional pricing. Sort of on topic, but also off topic. A lot of collectors additions for Umbrella randomly showed up in stock again, So if you were after one of those, they've been going for some very high prices, you can get them at retail right now. Check it out. But also, the Hanneke box set that we talked about just a couple of weeks ago disappeared from the Umbrella site, and a rep from Umbrella said they are working on a couple of licensing things, So my fingers are crossed that they're working to get the last two films and it could be a full filmography box set. That would be great.
Speaker 3: I already see some arguing back and forth in the chat, and you know that's healthy as long as everyone's respectful of each other. I think arguments about tariffs over the last couple hundred years tend to be about whether to use tariffs as a scalpel or as a sledgehammer. And right now the sledgehammer approach is the one that we're taking. And you know, again, we can we can make projections about short term and long term impacts, but in the short term, certainly.
Speaker 4: We need to look out for one another.
Speaker 3: And our favorite boutiques, Death Crocodile will start shipping in actual crocodile body, you know, body orifices that are floated downstream.
Speaker 2: We did have a question from death Rattle. Will this just affect boutique labels and not the big ones. No, this is going to affect everyone, everybody, because not only you know, our studios UH releasing discs as well, they're they're subject to the same sort of things. Not only if they are manufacturing outside of the States, which most of the big ones are, but on top of that, even if they were manufacturing in the us. Those materials come from outside the US, so the fees are still assessed, just at a different step in the pro so. And by the way, we are having a very privileged conversation about a hobby that we don't have to partake in. This is not one of the required aspects of our lives. However, it's a crazy part. The crazy part of this is that this will also affect the things that are required for our lives. This is something that is going to have large sweeping impacts on every aspect of day to day life. And this is going to be one of the first things to go for a lot of people because they have to pay rent, they have to pay for food, they have to pay for transportation to get to work, to be able to pay rent, and therefore if there's nothing left, discs go by bye. And that I mean logically, that has to make sense for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Terrific. Oh wait, that was that a bracist sign that.
Speaker 2: I just did it? Sadly? Was I was okay? No?
Speaker 3: That was like I was just like, say, okay, not the wasn't that okay?
Speaker 4: What are you allowed to do?
Speaker 2: Not much? Uh? Yeah, So something that you know we all love is going to be affected, but also a lot of things that we don't love or have to talk about are going to be affected as well. So this is really just a very specific side conversation in a time when a lot of people are struggling with lots of other aspects of their lives. So I'm not trying to minimize that or maximize home video. But really this show is all about home video. We have to talk about how it will affect that. But Will and I are human. All of you guys in the chat I think are human, and based on that, we all have requirements. Will and I have children and a wife each that we struggle to give the same one, the one that we share across straight Why do I say across straight lines? That made it sound weirder.
Speaker 4: Get the odd months, But I mean.
Speaker 2: Really, there's so much about this thing that is going to have sweeping effects for a long time. Uh joh says, just confirmed everything I need to know about you. Perfect timing.
Speaker 3: Everybody's by the way. Everybody's telling me that I can do thumbs up, but I'm pretty sure in some Middle Eastern companies that means like up your ass.
Speaker 2: I think I think if it's going down down?
Speaker 4: How would you do that? What kind of serial killer ship is that? Anyways?
Speaker 3: Uh oh, fellow humans, Obviously this needed to be addressed tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't want to sour the rest of the night. So if anybody wants to have further conversations about this, please don't go to the comment section of my social media because it's a dumpster fire. But if you do want to discuss my thoughts in a civil way, I am one of the most approachable people doing this, so please send me an email. My email is in the description below. Happy to discuss, Happy to share my own experiences with the people from the industry that I've already spoken to today. What are we doing? Still more gestures?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out what point's Okay, listen, I gotta say. You know I've had I've been called out by name. Okay, I'm admonished.
Speaker 2: For political speech.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I just want to say to anyone who I might have offended by pointing out objective facts, I apologize. But I'll also quote a great philosopher and say I have a microphone, so you will listen to every damn word I have to say. Adam Sandler, Yes, good wedding singer.
Speaker 2: Uh, all right, enough about government and tariffs and all that bull crap. Will anything you watched recently you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: Well zero grad and come and say so those were great?
Speaker 2: Shiit? What else?
Speaker 3: Had a great conversation with Hunter on the Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys podcast. We talked about John Wayne's Republic picture Republic. Yeah, monogram public pictures of the b westerns made, including several of the eight three Mesquite Tears film that he made. And those were a lot of fun watched. I mean a ton of ton of those. Republic Okayla's ray first time? Yeah, I don't know when was the last time we talked. The beginning of March.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beginning of March was the last time you talked with everybody out there?
Speaker 4: I feel like I've watched a lot of stuff. Oh I saw.
Speaker 3: I completed the DC universe by seeing Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Holy shit, man, that's the dumbest movie I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: When you told me that you were gonna have to bring that up, I left so hard.
Speaker 4: How what was that, dude.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Wow, So that was that? Was something.
Speaker 3: I'm up to date on the third season of Yellow Jackets. It's better than the second season. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but I'm committed. At this point, we'll say that that's it. It's a long show tonight. You don't you don't care what I watched.
Speaker 2: It is a long show tonight. But I'm gonna cover quite a few things because this week has been panic fest here in Kansas City. Attended Live for a couple of nights, saw four features in the theater over the last week and met a couple other people that I never got to meet. Met Garrett from Born to b Rad. I met the whole rat pack. Actually that was really nice. I was able to shake hands with a couple of people that were directing. It was cool to see that. But some big ones that people are going to hear about. The first night, I saw a double feature of It Feeds, which if I remember right, I believe is coming to shutter later this year. And this was very stereotypical. Trophy filed story about a woman that can sense when somebody has a demon attached to them and can put her hand up on somebody else's forehead and go in and try to help this person find the demon and get it out. And it was decent, but very like we've seen this probably fifty five times before. The next thing that was on that night was much more unique. It was called Don't Let the Cat Out. Unfortunately, it was pretty awful. This movie, for me, was a fun premise but then just nonsensical through and through. Essentially, it's about a rich couple that hire a college student who looks like he's twenty nine, of course, to go watch their house for a night, and they tell him that the rules and the list of things to know are on the fridge, and they leave and he goes and sees this list and it is all things about a cat that he's not seen, and some stuff starts to happen around the house, and he goes and suddenly he sees this cat, which is actually a human in a cat outfit. And it turns out they want to turn this guy that's watching the house into a cat. The whole movie is filled with cats. Craig, you might like it. It was it was really bad.
Speaker 4: To make him. Would that make him a Puri?
Speaker 2: Yesbs Purri, it would be. Did not like that movie. But the next night that I went was a pretty incredible double feature, The Big One Clown in a Cornfield. Got to see the premiere of that one, followed by The Ugly Stepsister Clown in a Cornfield, of course, is the big YA novel that came out a couple years ago. People have been waiting on this for years. It is a pretty uh stereotypical slasher set in a very small town in Missouri where I am, and unfortunately, UH is pretty good. I know a lot of people wanted to shit on it just because of the whole Ya feature. They actually go there with this movie. A lot of a lot of really heavy handed kills that show a lot of blood. It's pretty good. Was quite happy with that part. Unfortunately, though there is some actual heavy handedness in the film. They go really hard on like gen X is bad and gen Z is stupid, and that's like ninety percent of the plot lines of this movie. And I understand that you were gonna say that, but it definitely feels like a very conceited millennial made this movie and just wanted to share bad experience.
Speaker 4: Also sounds accurate.
Speaker 2: That being said, it was an enjoyable watch and I believe that one will also be on Shutter. I think Shutter helped produce it. It was quite good, but the winner of the week for me, which I expected to really hate, was The Ugly Stepsister. This is literally a body horror version of Cinderella told from the viewpoint of one of the stepsisters who is forcing herself to become beautiful to try to win over the prince. And to just share one aspect of how this really goes there, because this is a true body horror movie. She starts to manipulate her body to try to be beautiful for the prince, and one of the opening ish seems like less than twenty minutes into it, they literally go to give her plastic surgery, and this is set in like the Victorian area, by chiseling part of her nose in to reset it, and they show it. And there's so much more than that that happens in this. There's a couple of things that had the entire theater cringing with glee. It was quite good, a little long, but very enjoyable, entertaining through and through beautiful sets. It seemed like they had a huge, huge budget, but they didn't. It was incredibly well done, very happy with it. I hope people check it out because it should do very very well. It is a good film.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what, I got two more I'll throw in do it? That does sound interesting. I saw a Donald Nime movie, Escape from Zarain, one of those you know.
Speaker 3: Sixties like spy war movie things. Yule Brenner as a Middle East as an Arab. But Jack Warden is so good in it. Sow Minion's in it, and it's just like an escape I mean literally just Escape from Zarain. It's a chase movie, trying to get to the border, and Jack Warden plays this corrupt US soldier who's been like embezzling and smuggling and stuff. So he's trying to escape and he's helping le Brenner, who's like a freedom fighter working against the colonials. So it feels fun. Also, Buddy, John Daley and I went to see The Monkey in the theater. It's the first movie I've seen in the theater since I went with John to Seonora. I'll tell you about the Monkey. There were like six people in the theater, which makes sense. It was like a Sunday afternoon and it had already been out for a month and At no point did any of the other five people laugh, but I laughed all the way through. I thought it was very funny, not great, but funny. Enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I'm glad because it seems to be pretty divisive. A lot of people love it, a lot of people hate it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't really hold together for me. I don't think I'm going to get a copy or anything. But I definitely laughed at every kill and every like awkward moment.
Speaker 2: So there was a couple of really good kills in that movie.
Speaker 4: Some great kills.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I watched a bunch more this week. If you want to hear more about those, talk about it in the discord soon if need be. Covered a lot of short films this week, which was a lot of fun. Watched those with my mom and my wife at home for the most part virtually, but the last one I wanted to shout out is The Chainsaws Are Singing. Everybody needs to look this up. It is a It was about a two hour Estonian film, and it is a basically a hodgepodge of like oh Man, Monty, Python and the Holy Grail and a musical well kind of like Cannibal the musical actually in a splatterfest. It was a lot of fun. There was some really really funny kills. The jokes are deadpan. It was perfect black comedy. Very very happy with this film. We threw it on on a whim, expecting it to look bad because on the virtual Festival, the icon they used was somebody bent over on all fours with the chainsaw getting rammed into them from behind. And the movie is so much better than that. It is. It is great. Yikes, And Craig says he's working on Estonian films right this moment.
Speaker 4: How about that? Yeah? Was then for months?
Speaker 2: Any I know you don't have them with you. Any recent pickups you want to highlight for everybody that you're excited about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I got my lydia lunch thing in from Saturn's Core. Really excited about that.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 4: I did the Keno sale, I did, uh, all kinds of stuff. Man, I picked up Gosh, I don't even remember what's coming recently. You go, first, what are your pickups?
Speaker 2: I already covered him when you were moving your your camera.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, Oh you were talking about pickups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a few. Remember I showed Austin Powers and you scoffed at it.
Speaker 3: Oh God, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I got the Oscar Ma Show collection.
Speaker 2: Oh I need to pick that up.
Speaker 3: Nice, pretty excited about that. I did something I never thought i'd do, but I got it for super cheap. I got the Bob Hope and Bing Crosby set.
Speaker 2: Oh, the on the Road set.
Speaker 3: Nice, picked up Let's See Crippled Masters from from Film Masters, Full Body Massage, the Nick Regg film, which I was pretty pleased about. I got Fredile and Ray's new book Held Bent for Hollywood, a Director's Journey. Super duper happy about that. Michael Curtiz' is The Walking Dead?
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Oh, I started doing something. This is a pick up in a recent watch. This is gonna be something.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I got into it with somebody somebody about Tarantino and we're going back and forth and back and forth, and I say the same thing I always say.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not a fan of his movies. I appreciate that his success has led to more fandom, for more attention for a lot of the cult movies that we all love. And the person convinced me. I was like, no, dude, you know you really need to do a watch through. And I was like, well, I haven't. Yeah, okay, I haven't seen any of them in like twenty years. I still haven't seen Once upon a Time in Hollywood, and the last one I thought saw in the theater was Inglorious Bastards. So he convinced me. And I saw that a bunch of the new four k's of Tarantino were like super low price. I can't imagine why. So I watched Reservoir Dogs the four K. I picked it up. I'll be selling it soon. I watched the Reservoir Dogs again and I actually liked it less than than the last time I saw it. There are some really good shots. It's a lot stage yer than I remember.
Speaker 2: It is like it could have been a stage play.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, but it's stage yer than I remember. Like the Blind deliveries are not as smooth as I remember. Yep, I mean it's first first movie. I wouldn't like begging him on that. Necessarily.
Speaker 4: The soundtrack is impeccable. I won't fault that at all. That Harry Nilsen song the Lineman, the Coconut song at the very for the end credits is the mic drop of the ages, So I'll give him that. Yeah, Craig pointed out Monte Hellman was supposed to direct Reservoir Dogs and ended up being one of the producers. So one down old fiction will be next, I guess Jesus Christ, but I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: That'll be a fun one. I guess we should probably get into announcements because we have literally one hundred things to cover tonight.
Speaker 4: Most of them aren't that important.
Speaker 2: No, but uh no, I gotta admit it's amazing.
Speaker 4: I can't believe what's been announced. This Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I gotta admit I think this is our most eclectic week ever. Maybe the weird mix of stuff that we're about to discuss is kind of incredible, which is again, you know, not to bring up the tariffs again, but why some of these smaller companies really need to be focused on right now, because these eclectic releases are the ones that are going to be lost first. The ones that are big, popular titles, those are gonna be the ones that companies can survive on and get paid for. And so something that you would say, oh man, this has never been released ever on disc, that's gonna be way less likely to get a release of a company is on the verge of failing literally, So here we go. First up in Print Asia, they are releasing all three of these on May twenty eighth out of Australia. This is coming as part of the Imprint Asia line and the first one is The Lost Bladesman from twenty eleven. Donnienne stars in this one, and it is gonna have a new audio commentary by Mike Leader and George Clark. There's gonna be some archival making of features and then we got some featurettes, trailers and the like. Glad this is getting a good release here. Next up is a Portrait in Crystal, which is a Shaw Brothers film from nineteen eighty three. This is one that looks really dang good. New audio commentary on this one by the man, the myth legend, Justin de Clue, who runs Golden Ninja Video. They have heard him on his podcaster or seen him on a bunch of special features everywhere because Justin. Very busy man. Critic James Mudge also speaks on this one as well. Looks like I solid release of this film. Wanting to see this one for sure.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: Just give him a nickname, all right. The biggest Imprint Asia title this week that so many people got very excited for is their release of Shaw Shock Shaw Brothers Horror Volume one. This is going to include the Oily Maniac, seating of a ghost, and then for the first time on Blu Ray anywhere in the world, Sex Beyond the Grave, Which what does that mean?
Speaker 3: When I saw that title, it reminded me of that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry is renewing his vows right and he's got a problem with the like after death, Like she wants him to say, like, not just unto death, but forever. He's like, no, it's just until death, not after death, after death. I'm free to fuck around, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So yeah, this looks like a pretty killer release. We've got a new interview with Jack Long on this. One of the actors, critic Ricky Baker speaks on the oily Maniac. There's an interview with Calum Model. There is James Mudge speaks on seating of a ghost, as Will calls him the Mudgeman. We've got seating of a trend, the Birth of Hong Kong Splatter Cinnamon interview with filmmaker Calum Modell on that one as well.
Speaker 4: You know's amazing.
Speaker 2: Sex Beyond the Grave has a new audio commentary by Dylan Chung, and then Victor Fann speaks on the title as well. Oh wow, Brendan said, first Imprint order ever because of this very nice.
Speaker 4: We'll grip it with both hands because it's slippery.
Speaker 2: At least one of them. So yeah, that is the Imprint Asia releases coming in May. Looks pretty good.
Speaker 4: That's a nice looking set.
Speaker 2: Then we got details from Arrow on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. This is coming on four K and Blu ray in these deluxe box releases coming on June twenty third in the UK only, And there is again all kinds of stuff here. New four K restoration of the one hundred and sixty two minute international cut using the original two PERF technoscope negatives. We've got Dolby Vision and HDR ten on this one as well. Newly restored original loss list, English mono audio, theatrical trailers. The commentary by Tim Lucas is on here, and then three other discs, two of these, one of them will have the extended cut in four K as well, and then a whole bunch of extras. Disc three is a Blu Ray of just extras, and they've got tons of new interviews on here, so much that I couldn't even print it all. And then the big thing. Disc number four is Sad Hill Unearthed. This is a limited edition exclusive, so if you get the standard after it will not have this disc. This is the Blu Ray presentation of Sad Hill on Earth, a twenty seventeen documentary like Guermo de Olivera, following fans' efforts to restore the graveyard set of this. Yes, well.
Speaker 3: It seems like a lot for it is a lot like like a cosplay thing, like a recreation.
Speaker 2: And made a documentary about it too.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like those Civil War and reenactors. But it's but it's the cinematic version. Are they doing that?
Speaker 2: It sounds like it. I've never seen it. Keirai says, it's great.
Speaker 4: Wow, I love the good, the bad and dougment.
Speaker 2: So text beyond the graveyard set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's recreate that one.
Speaker 2: Craig says, not harpisiz sure, but I think you could contribute to that restoration effort and get your name on one of the graves.
Speaker 3: That hilarious and of course we want to. I'd want to be You know what would suck is if you supported the restoration but your name was Frank Carson, so no one would know that you anticipated.
Speaker 2: Why are there too uh.
Speaker 4: Or something.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the next one, Roadhouse getting a four K and Blu ray release in the UK from Arrow as well. This is what the packaging looks like for the four K and the Blu ray.
Speaker 4: Now the crazy thing this, but I thought i'd be bigger.
Speaker 2: The crazy thing here is they didn't do a whole lot of anything to differentiate this from the Vinegar Synrome release. There's not a lot here to make somebody purchase it if they were holding out. I don't know if you got the Vinegar Syndrome one, if there's any reason to even consider this, if it's like your favorite movie ever and you pick up every copy, who knows. But yeah, I'm not seeing any reason because it doesn't even say they touched the restoration, which I gotta be honest. The Vinegar Syndrome version of Roadhouse does not look great. The four K on that is really like overpoweringly red. It is quite blinding. So damn it.
Speaker 4: Why didn't somebody tell me that before I sold my shout Blu ray of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a great looking for K.
Speaker 3: Do you know what's funny? I was gonna make a joke about like somebody liking Roadhouse so much that they had a shelf with all the different editions. But then I realized, I myself have had at least four different editions right of Roadhouse, and I don't even like it that much. I just feel like I need to have it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a sickness going to the next one. The Taking of Pelham one two three is also getting a four K and a Blu ray release in the UK from Arrow. This is coming on June ninth, and on this one there are some new featurettes, new interviews, lots of new stuff. If this is one of your favorite movies, this seems like a better release than the Keno one for sure.
Speaker 4: Oh. I was gonna ask is this a new four K restoration?
Speaker 2: It is not a new four K restoration, but just being author by Arrow, it will look better, damn it. And there are new extras for sure, why do you do this to Me? Including one by Barry Forshaw which is bound to be pretty damn good. I also like Brian Reeseman is doing a then now feature it on the filming locations, which I think would probably be pretty great. He also brought in Jody Shapiro, who's the curator of the New York Transit Museum.
Speaker 3: Your face, Well, I'm just imagining. I was remembering the scene of like Walter Math out taking like the Japanese tourists on the tour and I hope that miss Shapiro.
Speaker 4: Is like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know, I just imagining like some old lady smoking a cigarette, like, oh hey, is that Donald.
Speaker 2: Craig fully agree with you. Craig says, it's really starting to seem like just use Keno four K discs as pre sale announcements for a better version that will be coming. I think that's true for many titles, but really not all of them, which is that's where it gets a little scary.
Speaker 4: I will say one of the things I picked up in the Keno sale was the four K of Atari.
Speaker 2: That one I don't really see getting another release by anybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it looks terrific that you know, that was a period of John Wayne's career. That was that I would compare to Adam Sandler, where like he had a bunch of movies where it was just like him and a bunch of his buddies going to some exotic location and making a movie that sort of had a plot, but really it was just an excuse to go hang out. Yes, but I find them more entertaining than the Sandler movies.
Speaker 2: I love this this segment from Sibner and Paul, who both say use the imprint announcements as a coming soon on four K from Keno announcements, which has been quite true. Next up from Arrow on June sixteenth. Over in the UK only they finally got the rights to Witness, which they did in the US a little over a year ago. Here the Harrison Ford movie. So you can get this on four K Blu ray there. It's the exact same package if you got it from the US. You literally have this already. And I saw a lot of people in the comments not understanding that Era was the last one to release this. It's the exact same release. It's not like they're re releasing something else as somebody else did. They did it, they just didn't have the rights and now they can sell it in the UK as well. That's not a bad thing, especially in a world where we're talking about tariffs, getting the rights to something in another company can change the price. Not another company and another country can change the price for these for a lot of people. But this is a great movie. If you don't have it, check it out. Peter Weir. Peter Weir. Then the announcement that made a lot of people happy this week, Dark City from nineteen ninety eight getting a four K and Blu ray release on June twenty third in the UK June twenty fourth in North America. Here is the art for the four K in Blu ray. This has a brand new four K restoration from the OCU approved by the DP. There is a sixty page perfect bound book on this one. You've got three postcard sized reproduction art cards, a double sided poster, a postcard, a business card, two new commentaries, one by the director Alex Proyas one by Craig Anderson and Bruce Isaacs Herschel Isaacs, all the co hosts of the Film Versus Film podcast. Then three different archive commentary So this disc has five commentaries on it five commentaries on Dark City, which is crazy. There is a brand new hour long documentary on here called Return to Dark City, featuring a bunch of individuals involved with the film. New visual essay by Alexander West, New visual essay by Josh Nelson. The second disc has the theatrical cut on it as well. That one also has an archival commentary extras on Bolt discs. Lots and lots of stuff coming on this release from Aero. This is a like overly stuffed release of a film. That's crazy to have literally six different commentaries packed into this release.
Speaker 3: I remember being so excited to see this when it came out in the theater and being so disappointed in it. So I am very interested in seeing the director's cut, which I have not seen before. The look of this film is based on Fritz Long's nineteen thirty four film Lilium, which is one of the most bizarre movies ever, and even more bizarre, Lilium was later remade into Rogers and Hammerstein's Carousel. So there's your triple feature Lilium, Carousel, Dark City.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm gonna be doing.
Speaker 2: Craig saying, I really dug the cover art to the credit the artist, yes they do, it is Doug John Miller, Doug good Miller. Well, uh, Dark City does not disappoint, says Paul. Even the archive extras are super informative. Love Dark City, says Sasha. Well it didn't disappoint.
Speaker 4: Wait pull Sasha's profile pick back up. Yeah, of course you do. That's a compliment.
Speaker 3: By the way, Alex proya, I got like Dark City, no ship.
Speaker 2: The director's cut is arguably not as good, says Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, well i'll compare them.
Speaker 2: Got simper says The director's cut omits the voiceover, so that could be a big change.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll see my sister. I wish he was still here because she was at a party. Well, you know, industry parties. Not so Sasha, is that is that your real picture?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Because I love the love, but it is it is.
Speaker 4: I love it, love it beautiful, absolutely high.
Speaker 3: But my sister was one of those industry parties, you know that they go to with the finger sandwiches and the mount And she's talking to this guy and thinking he looks really like familiar, and they just talked for a while. I had some conversation and then he leaves and she's like, oh that was rufus Sewell.
Speaker 2: So so specific. Yeah, all right, next coming on June ninth in the UK and June tenth in North America. We are getting a Swordfish four K from Errow Video, the the film with one scene that lots of people fast forward to and then paused. This is going to have a commentary by Dominic Senna, new interview with the composer Paul Oakenfold, you the production designer Jeff Man. Promotional behind the scenes, promotional featurettes, reversible sleeve, double sided fold out poster that is Swordfish.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize Paul Oakenfold did the soundtrack man. This was that period of time where everybody thought that electronic music was going to be the new thing, like the new grunge was going to be. It was everywhere, and Paul Oakenfall was going to be like the new Kirk Bain or something.
Speaker 2: Adams A Swordfish forgettable other than one scene, Yes, yes, Hallie and.
Speaker 4: Her Berry's I like how hot the The convo is getting.
Speaker 2: Last from Arrow for the month June twenty third in the UK June twenty fourth and North North America Blu ray of The Invincible Swordsman from nineteen seventy. This one is gonna have a new commentary from Jonathan Clement's new interview with Kim Newman on the history of invisibility in cinema. Which that's got to be an interesting Is it audio only? No, it's probably video.
Speaker 4: Well I would have made it audio only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the good joke. A new interview with Jasper Sharp on this Illustrated Collector's booklyat new writing in the film by Zach Davison looks like a fun release, Jack says Leaf Jonker just announced that Arrow will not be putting out Darkness. I'm glad that I can say that publicly. Yes, I've known that for a little bit. Arrow has supposedly had the Darkness since like twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, And yeah, they are not going to be doing it anymore. And now the race is on to see who is going to do it Darkness Deaf Krocodiles, Deaf Crocodile who we have in the chat. These are available to pre order and shipping at the end of this month in April. This first title is also known as Dutch Wife in the Desert, but more provocatively titled Inflatable Sex Doll of the Wastelands from nineteen sixty seven, the art House Pink Film has a new commentary on this by Arnavenema and Mike Leader. New video interview with Alexander Zalten on the pink film subgenre in Japanese cinema. New visual essay by Yours Truly and doctor Will Dodson on the screen, and of course Fidelity Emotion does the authoring. And then we got a slipcase with new art by the one and only Tony Stella that looks freakin' incredible. We've got standard art that is double sided by Beth Morris, sixty page book in this one, new essay by Alexandre Heller Nicholas, new essay by Chris d new essay by Walt Shaw. This is this is immense. This is going to be an incredible release. Will tell everybody about our visual essay and how you feel about the film.
Speaker 4: So, you know, when recommending pink films to people, it's always kind of a difficult proposition because you know, you know that the genre means that there's gonna be a certain amount of sexual violence in the film. I will say that I think the sexual violence in this film is not as intense or exploitive as some pink films, but that doesn't mean that it's easy to watch. At the same time, this movie is absolutely gorgeous. The filmmaker had collaborated with Sagean Suzuki Brandon to Kill, and the look of this film is really of that vein. Yeah, as Craig says, it's not really a pink film, and.
Speaker 3: I'd say that's accurate, Like if you know, it's certainly not like Angel Guts or anything like that.
Speaker 4: It's really.
Speaker 3: Before the pink genre had been kind of codified as a genre, so you can think of this more as like.
Speaker 4: A hard boiled noir.
Speaker 3: With pink elements. It's a it's a it's a gorgeous, gorgeous movie. I I couldn't believe it. Why, you know why, We when we worked on the essay watched it over and over and just couldn't believe some of the shots. It's one of the coolest looking movies.
Speaker 4: We've worked on.
Speaker 2: This is this is one of those visual essays where we had a list of shots that we wanted to include, and eventually I just had to not include some of them because it would eventually just be the entire film because it looks so good. Chris, who has been on the show and is gonna be on the show soon here in a few weeks. He says, that's gonna be his first stef crocodile purchase. That is an incredible first choice.
Speaker 3: Like, guys, say, let me interject since Bearded Film Guy just made that comment. You know, I'm not on social media a whole lot, but I do follow Bearded Film Guy, and like, every time one of his pieces comes across, I stop and I watch this, like lovingly shot and edited a sequence of you know, a film just being held up to the camera and displayed.
Speaker 4: And I always find those really well done.
Speaker 3: I like the channel or the channel, the page what do you call an Instagram feed profile?
Speaker 2: And you had a YouTube channel as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yah, yeah, it's great stuff. It definitely I feel like a fifties housewife, you know, watching those commercials where it's where somebody's just like fetishizing a refrigerator, you know, but in a good am I making sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Like I just love it. It's like I love watching those things. It always makes me want to go out and order the You really should get some kickback, Scott. I always want to go out and order whatever you're holding up.
Speaker 2: So that is Inflatable Sex All the Wastelands. You can pick that up direct on the Deaf Crocodile site, on Diabolic DVD or a whole bunch of other places. Great movie, very art house. It's great. We recommend it. And then the next one from def Crocodile for this month is Bill Plimpton's Mutant Aliens. This is from two thousand and one, and of course Plimpton is back with one of his weirdo animated films that are incredible. This one. You got two classic Plimpton shorts, including Hot Dog from two thousand and eight and The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger from twenty ten. New video interview with Plimpton about the making of New commentary by Adam Ratcoff and James Hancock and John Holdrid. We've got some extras on or the deluxe edition. We got a sixty page illustrated book with Walt Shaw on intro by weird Al Yankovic, essay by screenwriter, playwright and film journalist Stephen Paros, and this one is available now as well. Check this one out. Let me some Plimpton.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, can't wait to see it?
Speaker 2: All right? That is def Crocodile Cauldron was next up on the slate. They announced that you can pre order now to shipping at the end of June, which, by the way, update on the last pre orders from Cauldron. Mad Foxes and the other title that they announced at the same time are both shipping now, so those should be coming to people in the order that that was received. Check it out. Rico the Mean Machine from nineteen seventy three is the first Cauldron title listed here. Well, actually I guess the only Cauldron because the next one's not Cauldron. This one is going to include a four K scan of the negative. It's going to have the English subtitles English two point zero Mono and Italian Mono as well. We've got some extras on here, a bunch of interviews that Eugenio Kolani did over in Italy, visual essay called Cauldron of Rico's by Eugenio as well, some archival extras, full color booklet with liner notes by eurocrime director and Tough Guy filmed expert Mike Malloy. And this one is looks great. Have you seen this one? Will?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, I'm super stoked because I'm going to get to retire my DVD.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I uh, I don't think I had this on my my FanDuel for the restoration anytime soon. So this was a very pleasant surprise.
Speaker 2: This is definitely one of the people have been after for quite some time.
Speaker 3: I think Adam Schofield has it correct. One of the Sleaziests, Sleaziests, one of the Sleazias.
Speaker 2: It's a fun word. And then the other title that got announced for pre order is a Neon Eagle video title, and that is The Great Chase from nineteen seventy five. This has Etsuko Shihomi in this one, who is the sister street fighter herself. Yes, and this one gets a two K restoration Japanese Monto on this commentary by Chris Pagili and John Charles interview with Tatsuya Matsuto. Full color booklet with the liner rounds by Nathan Stewart's slip cover with new artwork by Justin Coffee. The art on this looks pretty great. Yeah, this one looks very fun.
Speaker 4: Already ordered him both because you know who directed.
Speaker 3: This, Norfumi Suzuki, Yes, Sex and Fury himself, my favorite Suzuki.
Speaker 4: All right, that's right, I said it. I love Sagan Suzuki, but Norfumi Suzuki is my favorite Suzuki.
Speaker 2: Good to know all right? Coming soon from Keno is last known address from nineteen seventy. This gets a four K restoration by Studio Canal and I know next to nothing about this title. Then we got some air forty four forty four details. These are all gonna be available to pre order tomorrow at noon Eastern in the US. And the first one. We talked about these a little bit last time. This first one is alone from two thousand and seven. This is going to have a double sided slipcover with new artwork from the legendary type poster artist Jinda. One booklet with an essay by Michelle Kisner. We've got three stickers with art by Justin Coffee, reversible artwork Blu Rays Leave. And then we got a new interview by Arnavenmo with co writer or sorry, co director ban Jong Piston. Thank Kun, that's probably and how you say that? A new interview by Arnavenmo with the other co director. We've got some featurettes on here, storyboards, deleted scenes, lots to choose from on this release. If you get the title by itself, it is thirty six dollars. You can get it on their Big Cartel site tomorrow at noon Eastern. Second title is thirty eight dollars by itself and this is p Mock from twenty thirteen. This is gonna have a double sided slip, a booklet with an essay by Ambert, three stickers, reversible sleeve. This one you got a new interview with the director by Arnovenma as well feature length video commentary featuring the director in cast. Recognize that that says feature length video commentary. We got some interviews, promotional featurets, deleted scenes, alternate ending casting tapes, outtakes, and more. Then the last one Mermaid Legend, which was also just released in the UK by Third Window. This one is thirty six dollars by itself. This one is going to have a double sided slip with new artwork by Richard A. Morgan, booklet with an essay by Ambert, three stickers, a reversible art Blu ray sleeve. Then we've got an interview with the writer and audio commentary by Jasper Sharp and Tom mess together visual essay on Toshiyuki Honda Honda by James Beaumont, and a trailer. This looks damn good.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Then the big thing. They always go all out with a big bundle, and if you get all of them, it is one hundred and thirty dollars. And what this will get you are three exclusive slipcovers, three double sided posters, and all of the movies of course. And really the main reason to get this is if you are a packaging super fan, I guess is the way to say it without being offensive. If you want to if you want six slipcovers for three films, this is the way to do it. Yeah, check those out tomorrow. Those go on sale at noon Eastern on the Big Cartel site. Have you been checking out any air forty four forty four lately? Yeah? You know.
Speaker 3: I had their complete catalog for a while, and then the last couple of release cycles I hadn't been able to get them like right away, and then when I went to purchase that are sold out, and so I haven't been able to get like the last six titles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: They have small print runs, I guess, but I can't always get them day one so.
Speaker 2: Well, and then they usually do standards, but they take forever to get listed on the website, and the website's not always available. That's tough sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully some standards will come up of the last several, but yeah, I'm very interested in this. I've been.
Speaker 3: It's been really cool seeing you know, Michelle Kissner's written for a lot of them. She wrote for one of these, right, yes, the first one. Yeah, i'd stepped away, so real site to see that. An Ambertees good writer too, you know obviously Jasper Shot and Tom mess together that's amazing, right yeah, all right, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Next up is the Eastern Carnage Sale. This is happening now in the UK and the US on the Aero sites to get up up to fifty percent off UHDS Blu rays and box sets. The offer ends on April twenty second, so you still have plenty of time. There is a ten percent off code. I'm not sure if it works on both sites, but if you put in brum br um horror, h O R R R all one word, all capital, you should be able to get another ten percent off after the sale prices. And there are a couple things like the Fostpitter box sets in the US are our priced right now at twenty five dollars and to get ten percent off of that to get the whole box set for twenty two to fifty is kind of insanity. So yeah, check out the site. They do have a lot of things that are not really great price, especially in the US, but they have some things that they've had limited editions of for a long time that they just want to get rid of, so you'll find some good prices in there. Next up, Will's favorite it's a good movie. Keno is releasing road Trip from two thousand on four K someday eventually. This is the brecken Meyer Sean Williams Scott movie that made Tom Green the mainstream star that he was for a little bit uh road trip, fun movie, I.
Speaker 3: Think I think this was more like the last thing that Tom Green did as a as a big, you know, mainstream star.
Speaker 2: For for a lot of people that weren't watching MTV though. This is this is what got those people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 3: He's like a tour guide at Cornell or whatever ends up making out with everybody's moms.
Speaker 2: Yep, I know this is.
Speaker 4: This is a Todd Phillips movie, sure is, which means there's always a certain amount of miss Andrey and misanthropy and misogyny all just like general hatred of you vanity in there. I love the premise of this movie. This is one of the great premises of a teen comedy. You're you're trying to like keep things going with your long distance girlfriend and you accidentally mail or a sex tape of yourself with another woman, and so you try to beat the mail across the country. What a great premise.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant. Carrying on April twenty second, Warner Brothers is putting out a complete Blu Ray set of the Captain Planet and the Planeteers franchise. This will include both of the series and it is a little pricey. It's like ninety dollars on Amazon, but it's a lot of stuff. The DVD set that they did of this first off six months ago, I think, is when they released the DVD. That feels a little shady to do that six months later on Blu Ray. He still is like eighty dollars. So it's it's a lot of content and to get it all in HD. And it looks great that they shared some stills from it looks like really great presentation, not terrible price overall.
Speaker 4: Kept a planet.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was I think I was five years old. I went to the DARE Festival in southern California when drug Abuse for Resistance Education was still such a huge brand that they had a festival. And the first celebrity I ever met in my life was the voice of Captain Planet at that time.
Speaker 4: Wow, what's he like in person?
Speaker 2: He didn't recycle. I'm just kidding. I have no idea. I don't remember a damn thing. I just know that that was the first person I ever met that was famous.
Speaker 4: I want to meet Heart. What a lame? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Next up, well, screen Bound over in the UK is releasing Blood for Dracula on four K. If you wanted a more comprehensive release than the VS release, this has a bunch of physical goodness to go along with the film. I am not seeing anything new as far as extras on here, but it is going to have double sided posters, some art cards, some pretty good looking art on this film. And it's a good one indeed, and if you want to make it a two fer, they are also doing Flesh for Frankenstein on the same day, May twelfth, over in the UK four K This one has all the same extras as was done in the US. This will also have a double sided poster and three art cards. You can check both of them out at the same time. Good Films Yep, we don't have released a yet, but the brand new Jason's State a movie.
Speaker 4: It's not even in theater yet.
Speaker 2: It's already been in the theater and it's probably already out of the theater.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm going to see it.
Speaker 2: A working Man from just a couple of weeks ago is coming out on four K blue Raine DVD in the US here soon. You can pre order it already, and as a rousing review, Sibner says, this movie is dog shit.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, I thought The bee Keeper was probably my favorite film of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: A lot of people loved that movie.
Speaker 3: I mean, he murdered the exact people I want to murder. I love the idea of Jason Statham, supermodel and Olympic level diver as a working man. I want to hear him say it. I'm a working.
Speaker 2: Man trying to sing to rush. Oh man, I'm going to see this. Uh yeah. May thirteenth, Universal is releasing the second Soderberg Film of the Year, Black Bag on four K Blu Ray DVD. The four K at least is gonna have some special features. We got some featurettes the company of talent designing Black Bag, and some deleted scenes. I am really really wanting to see this movie. Unfortunately I could not get to it in time, and I don't think it's showing anywhere around here anymore last time I checked. So I will have to check it out on home video here soon. What do you think of Soderberg Will I don't think we've ever talked about that. Have you liked anything from him?
Speaker 4: He is a very He's an artist. I'll say that.
Speaker 2: Way to not answer the question. Got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna I need to watch all those movies. I just I never like. I watched Second Size and Videotape and I was just like, what's the big deal? And maybe I'm stupid? You know that's some people would say that's the case. It just didn't hit me right. And most of the yeah, most of what I've seen I just haven't been into. But if you were to say to me, hey, let's have a Soderbergh festival, I'd be like, sure, let's do it. You know, I'll try it out. I yes, I it was that movie he made about the plague, the plague? Did he make a plague movie with Kate Winslet?
Speaker 2: Talking about Contagion?
Speaker 4: Was that him?
Speaker 2: I don't think that was Soderbergh.
Speaker 4: I think it was.
Speaker 2: Somebody else is going to answer before I get back. I think, yeah, you are right.
Speaker 3: So I guess I think of Soderbergh more than you.
Speaker 2: No, I think an older Soderbergh them.
Speaker 4: I thought Contagion was okay. I liked watching Gwyneth Paltrow die.
Speaker 2: What a sentence, not her character, her specifically.
Speaker 4: All right, sometime I got a Gwyneth Paltrow story. I gotta, I gotta. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: Next. We got a couple announcements from Terror Vision. These are coming in May. They are a couple of films that have been being worked on for a long time. This first one is The Children of Violent Rome from nineteen seventy six. This is a raw and mean little movie. Just to give some details here, Terror Vision is proud to present the worldwide disc debut and the first US release ever of the Children of Violent Rome. This is a new four K scan from the Ocen which was lost for years, and this is going to include a bunch of extras must see for fans of Italian exploitation and anyone interested in the turbulent years of post war Italy. And man, there is gonna be a lot of people discovering this one soon. This one we get a booklet with writing from Pierre Maria Bocci, Sam Dunkley, who is film blogger Sam on YouTube. Check him out and he's good stuff. Sam Cohen and Alexandra Heller, Nicholas. Commentary by Eugenio Ercolani and Naninobretti. We got a commentary by Rachel Nisbitt on this interview with a couple of the actors. The editor round out a really great first release of this film. Yeah, The Children of Violent Rome. It is a great little movie. You haven't seen this one yet?
Speaker 3: Right, No, I'm very interested in this. I'm getting a lot of In a chat, everybody's telling me different sodabird movies to watch and reminded me the one that nobody's recommending. I kind of liked The Girlfriend Experience that was actually pretty good that got made into a TV show, didn't it?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it did.
Speaker 2: Probably I mean you're already right once probably.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So yeah, Children of Vil Round, that's a death of it, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Beautiful, very very relevant film for today as well, and then rounding that out with the Devil's Sword. This is from nineteen eighty four, also coming in May. This was released previously on DVD by Monda Micabro. Here's the DVD literally within reach. This one is chevision. Thrilled to bring this film featuring iconic performances, gnarly choreography and crocodile men to Blu Ray for the first time in the world. Was stunning two K restoration. This is going to have the original and English audio. When this was first announced, it only was gonna have the original audio, but we were able to secure the English dub afterwards. This has a booklet with writing from Umesh Bagchandan, Eki Amanjaya and somebody named Will Dotson. I love how much that fits right in there with those other two names. And then we got an interview with Barry Prima himself, interview with a couple of the other actors, commentary with Tim Paxton, who is an incredible author, and then we got a visual essay from someone's favorite productions done by Clayton and Brad Dillard together will Devil's Sword.
Speaker 3: Yes, just to be clear, I had nothing to do with a visual essay that is all Clayton and Brad.
Speaker 4: Excellent. Yeah, it's a great essay, great booklet essay. Really well done.
Speaker 2: Yours, It's it's great, It's really well done. Yes, this is This is gonna be a really fun release. This is a really exciting movie. I hope people love this. There was nothing at all in the news about this slipcover this week that means anything. I love the art on this and Earl Kess did great. I love this.
Speaker 4: One, very very excited.
Speaker 2: This is a big one because both of these titles were announced in that big August twenty twenty three rush of titles that Terror Vision had that was way too early, and Brad would say this, and he did say this on the new podcast episode that came out today, so go check that out. But this batch has been sitting and waiting on new things to happen to these for quite some time. The slipcover for this has been done, designed and manufactured for more than a year, which is crazy. So glad this is finally going to be getting into everybody's hands. Please check these two films out. And then they are also doing a vinyl of the Cender soundtrack. Brad loves this thing. Listen to the podcast he talks about it quite a bit. They're also doing a cassette of the Sender. And then they did this T shirt for their Chicago pop up that they're opening that I love the design on this one as well. This looks like a fun shirt. Then we got some Shout Factory sweet June third, we're getting a four K in the US from Shout for Monkey Shines from nineteen eighty eight. This is gonna have a new four K restoration, new audio commentary with the critic Eric Vespi and author Daniel Kraus, and all the same stuff that we've had and the extras before. And this is just nice to get another George Romero fil on four K.
Speaker 4: If I have to choose monkeys, this is the monkey I'm choosing.
Speaker 2: As if there was only those two. Next up, June third, also be coming as part of the Shout select line is Bring Me the Head of a Fredo Garcia, which has gotten so many releases in the last few years. This one is only going to include a four K disc. No Blu Ray disc in this whatsoever, because that is already out by another company. The only new thing on this is there's an interview with the writer and film the story and Julie Krugo. For a lot of people that is enough to purchase this. Totally get that. I just hope this looks good because all of the Blu rays have been decent. Well no, sorry, the last rand of Blue rays have been decent, but this has been dying for a new restoration for quite some time.
Speaker 3: So I literally just got the giant imprint box bring me That Garcia like two days before this announcement, and I was like.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Steve Jack says, had to stick around to be a cheerleader for Terrovision. We gotta get to bed see later, Jack, Bye. Jack. Next up from Shout is Bring It On. Yes, that Bring it On from two thousand is getting a four K release. This will have a four K disc and a Blu Ray disc and there is nothing new as far as extras on this one, but you can pick this up on June twenty fourth as part of the Shout Select line. Any thoughts on Bringing On or It's seventeen sequels.
Speaker 4: Will it's done? Ben Broughton.
Speaker 2: Literally said, at the same time as Jack and Joel, this was my thought. I'm bringing me the head of Alfredo Garcia for sure. I will wait for the Aero four K.
Speaker 4: I know this is going to shock you. I've not seen bring it on, but I'm not averse.
Speaker 2: I know that this is not going to shock you either. I have seen this. But the less shocking thing here is when I posted these announcements, there was a litany of misogynists in the comments on Facebook. I never thought that could have happened, but it's true. I even had somebody calm mention that why is this being released? Women do not buy four K discs?
Speaker 4: Well, this isn't for women, this is for men.
Speaker 2: J K.
Speaker 3: I kid the sisheads. That's that's a super ignorant thing to say. But I guess if you don't know any women in your life, then you might think something like that.
Speaker 4: I suppose.
Speaker 3: I don't even know, Like, how do you respond to or should you even respond to a moron like that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I called him a misogynist and he ended up deleting his comment.
Speaker 4: So after googling what that meant.
Speaker 2: Oh, yep, Ronnie, exactly my thoughts.
Speaker 3: And it's like, I just I just can't understand getting so upset about the existence of a four K of bringing on that I have anything to say about it, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like even even if you.
Speaker 3: Thought that in the deep dark crevices of your brain to take the to take the energy to type it up and be like sid, what a loser?
Speaker 2: I love Teddy will.
Speaker 4: All right anyway, So.
Speaker 2: Let's bring it on. Next up, Shout is releasing The Return of the Living Dead on four K for the third time on June tith in a second steel book. Why it sells really well, I'm sure this is gonna be the exact same as the previous releases. There is literally no reason to purchase this if you have one of those unless you are a packaging protector collector, and that's it.
Speaker 3: Well in this case, I feel like, you know you won't something tough enough to hold everything in. I mean, the film teaches what happens if you have substandard packaging, That's true, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So a seal book is quite apt and you is even better. I guess then they are releasing a repackage of Mystery Science Leader three thousand, volume number seventeen. This is just coming on DVD like the last time. This is the one that includes the Crawling Eye, the beat Nicks, The Final Sacrifice, and Blood Waters of Doctor Z. There's a bonus feature set on here for each of these. And then I love Will's comments here.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the jokes in the Final Sacrifice. Yeah, the Final Sacrifice is one of the best episodes of Mister Science Theater ever. In my opinion, Rousedauer should have gotten a franchise.
Speaker 2: All right. So that is coming on June third. And then they are doing a collector's edition and standard edition of season one of Dan to Dan the Anime. This is coming on June tenth on Blu Ray from Shout. A bunch of bonus features on this one. This one is pretty popular. Supposedly just got a season two art reveal today. So yeah, Dan to Dan, know nothing about it.
Speaker 4: I know a Captain Dan to Dan. He ain't got no legs, I was.
Speaker 2: About to say. June tenth. Shout is also releasing an Amazon exclusive four K steel book of the Dead Zone. As far as I can remember, this is the first time shout has released an Amazon exclusive steel book. Everything before this has been a Walmart exclusive or a Best Buy exclusive, And here we go.
Speaker 4: I don't want to sell like a conspiracy theorist or anything. But you know how.
Speaker 3: Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post and then like messed with their editorial department so that they can't like say anything about you know, presidents and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, what's the dead zone about?
Speaker 2: That's all that American? That American flag on the left.
Speaker 4: I mean you've seen it, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah many times?
Speaker 3: So you you know you know I'm talking about right, it's a good movie. Is this a subtle commentary? Is this a revolt of Amazon uh distributors against their overlord?
Speaker 4: Is this a uh? Is this the Washington Post surreptitiously slipping an editorial into the Amazon algorithm? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'd say time will tell, but we would never find out.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't think legally I can say anything more without getting arrested.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about JFK then.
Speaker 4: Speaking it inside Jobs.
Speaker 2: June twenty fourth. We've been hearing about this a little bit. June twenty fourth. They're doing a standard well, it's an odd repackaging of their deluxe edition. This is going to be just the JFK Director's cut, coming in a single four K case on June twenty fourth. This was previously in their big box set that they did, and now it is just the director's cuts and there's a Blu Ray disk in it as well.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who killed him?
Speaker 2: Please tell us?
Speaker 4: Well, not on their.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, next up, Classic Flicks has launched their anniversary sale. Classic Flicks does not get enough love, wanted to make sure that we give them a little bit of attention tonight. It begins today with great Blue deals, Blu rays and DVDs. They also have things that are going out of print, so you can check this out. They have a four to ninety nine flat shipping on their site. The things that are on sale for the first time are Angel the Complete Series, Volume one and then The Little Rascals the Complete Collection. The best price is yet Titles Meet John Doe, the lowest They've ever been, and Abt Costello Show Season two, lowesst it's ever been going out of print. Out of the Blue nineteen forty seven is out of print. This is the last chance to purchase the Screwball Comedy and they released that in twenty nineteen. It's on sale for only fourteen to ninety eight and will be removed from the site at the end of this sale. Other titles which are currently out of print have less than one hundred copies in stock as the time that I post this, They may be gone now are Raw Deal, Mary, Sorry, Merrily We Live, and Another Man's Poison and Craig says he restored to their releases Nice sir, which one's Craig, there you go, You only live once? And the news hangs high.
Speaker 4: Oh I like you Only love once?
Speaker 2: Good stuff. Check out the sale Classic Flicks. You get the It's Classic Flicks dot com with the Flix for Flicks Subway. The film from nineteen eighty five is celebrating its forty year anniversary with a four K steal book from Studio Canal Over in the UK. This is the Luke Bessant film. Here is the inside new four K restoration of the movie with Dolby Vision HDR. There's a new making of that's included in this and then the second disc is full of brand new stuff filled with the new restoration, making a subway a new interview with Jean Hugh Anglade, co writer and editor, the assistant director, assistant set designer, a couple others. What ja brain, I'm real great at this.
Speaker 3: That he's like the the He's like the French, John Hughes, Jean Hughes, the Breakfast Club. I wish I could actually speak French? Who had been funnier if I could have said said it right?
Speaker 4: But Jean Hughes.
Speaker 2: Literally, while discussing this, Sivenard, you sent me a voice message making fun of my accent. That was.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, yes, sew Hughes, Oh man, I have never seen Subay.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Subway?
Speaker 4: Will No, I haven't seen that many Luke based movies. Actually, mm hmm, I think, I think. I think the only one I really know of him is when he just produced the District B thirteen movies. I've seen The Fifth Element at some point or another. I never saw the Professional because it seemed kind of creepy. Yeah, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what else he did. Wait, did he do that one where Scarlett Johansson gets really smart? Is that somebody else.
Speaker 2: Talking about Black Widow?
Speaker 8: I'm just kidding, Lucy, Lucy oh I'm not sure stupid, but it's okay.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, so no, I haven't seen subway. Is it good?
Speaker 2: I don't know, never seen it. A hell of a cast in it, Christopher Lambert and Isabelle Oh Johnny. That's that's enough for me to check out at.
Speaker 4: Least Christopher Lambert. Yeah, Lambert, it's.
Speaker 2: French, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Is he French? I thought he was like Swiss or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. Yes he did. Lucy, you were correct, everybody said Lucy Man. Everybody said Lucy Asashi agrees. The professional is creepy.
Speaker 4: Okay, great?
Speaker 2: Oh uh huh, it's flashy and Isabella Johnny is sexy and a good music by Eric Sarah too. Uh all right, I am.
Speaker 3: I can tell you listeners out there that I like to sometimes do things the subway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh wow. Will June tenth, there there's a blu ray coming from Keno of Handsome Harry from two thousand and nine. This one is one that I've not heard of before. We got a couple of audio commentaries on this one. The director Betty Gordon is on this, and the actor Jamie Sheridan also does a commentary. This is behind the scenes featurette and yeah, I'd never heard of this one, I do.
Speaker 4: Who's putting this out?
Speaker 2: KENO?
Speaker 3: Oh well, well, I don't know why I acted surprised. It's like, well, obviously it's just a random movie. Yeah, yeah, that looks neat.
Speaker 4: I don't know this movement.
Speaker 2: Cat sounds good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next one from Keno. Also June tenth, Beware of Mister Baker from twenty twelve. Ginger Baker is the original rock and roll madman junkie superstar who everyone thought was dead but somehow survived fifty plus years of drug abuse, disastrous experiments, and four marriages on reconsonants. This is the story. We got an audio commentary by the director Jay Bulger and a trailer, and it looks like it must buy for me.
Speaker 4: Well, spoiler alert, he's kind of a dick.
Speaker 2: I'm not shocked.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess cream is all right. But between I don't know if Jack Bruce is a dick, but tween Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, it's kind of hard to get into him understandable.
Speaker 2: June tenth, RaRo is putting out Alien Terror from nineteen eighty. This one, I'll have an audio commentary by Adrian Smith and Rod Barnett from the Wild Wild West podcast. There's also an interview with Eli Roth on this and then alternate English features audio dub. This used to be called sometimes Alien two on Earth Alien two. Love the art on this, Yeah all right. June seventeenth, Keena Lober is releasing I Madman from nineteen eighty nine as number thirty one of their Keno cult line slav a lot of the same extras from the previous release. I think the visual essay by Chris O'Neill here is new. It's called much of Madness More of Sin. I can't find it on any of the other Blu ray releases, so I'm guessing it is new. Good movie, good movie. I like IM Madman.
Speaker 4: I have not seen it, all right.
Speaker 2: There was some talk on this one recently because it's been playing in theaters. June seventeenth, Milestone Films through Keno Lore is going to release The Annihilation of Fish from nineteen ninety nine. This is starring the one and only James Earl Jones and Margot Kidder, both gone in the last year. This is going to have a new audio commentary by Charles Burnett the director, moderated by Mayacaide. There is going to be a fifty five minute film from nineteen ninety seven by Charles Burnett, the director.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: We're getting my three Charles Burnett movies and in like the span of a couple months after nothing for so long. I mean, the Killer of Sheep DVD has been out of print forever and now we're getting it in four K from Criterion, and now the Annihilation of Fish.
Speaker 4: Plus what was the what's the short feature?
Speaker 2: That it comes with a final insult.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: There's also going to be a Q and A with Burnette on this too.
Speaker 4: That's so cool.
Speaker 3: I was just doing a unit in Cult Films on the l A Rebellion, So of course we go over Jamafanaka and Julie Dash and.
Speaker 4: Charles Burnett and all those, all those folks, and we watched Jama Finaka's M M A, which is a great, great film, and showed some clips from Killer of Sheep. So I've never seen the Annihilation of Fish. This is this is very exciting.
Speaker 2: I just want to point out one thing. I'm excited to see my kid getting more and more involved in these releases. She is a great scholar. She's talked on a couple other of the l A Rebellion films. She's done a lot of work with Milestone and Keino in that group. Good stuff. You can follow her on Blue Sky.
Speaker 4: Oh cool. I don't. I don't know her work. I have to check her out.
Speaker 2: Cohen Media Group, through Keno is putting out The President's Wife with Catherine Deneuve from twenty twenty three. This is coming on June seventeenth. This will have some deleted scenes and a trailer on here as well.
Speaker 4: And yeah, bro, I'll tell you what, there's nothing more dangerous than being being married to a French dude. I'll tell you what. I'm not even joking. That's it. That place the fuck Like seriously there, Cherard Depardeo basically admits to everything he's been accused of and his and his response is like, I'm a slob and the president President Macron has been like he makes some good movies, though, crazy And then I'm not even going to get into the other reasons it's dangerous to be married to French dudes. But holy cow, clean it up, France.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy? Well, we've been going almost two hours. We haven't even started OCN yet.
Speaker 4: We've been done vinegar syndrome.
Speaker 2: That's OCN. Same thing. Yes, Indicator has launched their first sale of the year that is live right now and it is going until Tuesday, the eighth of April. They are including more than three hundred and fifty titles. The sale covers both UK and US and Canada titles as well as four k's Blu Rays box sets. There are stuff on sale for the first time, including Bruiser Columbia Nor Number six, the Whistler, which I need to get damn I ordered it, and then the Complete Confessions, amongst others. They're also doing their four for twenty pound deal and added hundreds of titles. If you wish to take advantage of that, just add four more eligible titles identified by the red badge to your cart and then in the cart those go down immediately. Yeah. Check it out. By the way, if you wondering about shipping, A standard shipping policy for all of the items is as follows. Free track shipping to the UK for fifty pounds for EU, US and Canadian addresses, free track shipping at two hundred pounds or more for the rest of the world free track shipping over two hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 4: Oh dang, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: Oh well what the free shipping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't quite get to the threshold. Well I was there anywhere near the threshold, So it's fine. Actually it was fairly responsible.
Speaker 2: May twenty seventh, Here in the US, we are getting two steel books for the first two Lord of the Rings films. We are getting the Fellowship of the Ring and the Two Towers. These are the same steel books that were in that Big Library steel book collection. These films have been released on four K multiple times now, nothing new on the disc, just releasing packaging for people that are addicted to the packaging Lord of the Chick literally Yes. Next up is the next Hammer announcement, and this is Shatter from nineteen seventy four, which is a co production with Shaw Brothers Studios, coming on four K on May twelfth. Over in the UK, let still have a new audio commentary with Leon Hunt and Smith. In the new commentary with Tidy Honeycutt and w Rohan, there's gonna be some interviewsrets and extra's new huge booklet with lots of new writing on this double sided poster. Their releases have been pretty damn.
Speaker 3: This release was so intense that it shattered your microphone. You're cutting in and out, nobody can hear you. Oh no, I know, man, happens every time you're with me, and that's.
Speaker 2: The only time. All right, you can keep talking from minute all reset?
Speaker 4: You're fine now.
Speaker 2: Oh well then I don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: It will probably happen again, but.
Speaker 2: Cool, uh so shatter. Yeah, this is the third of the Big four K releases. And yeah, sorry, just deleting somebody from the stream.
Speaker 4: I didn't see what they said though.
Speaker 2: Just racist remarks. Coming On May sixth, four K in the US from Disney is Leelo and Stitch from two thousand and two. For anybody that was looking at what cut this is going to be, this is likely to be the quote censored cut. Unfortunately this was changed since the original release.
Speaker 4: They censored Lelo and Stitch.
Speaker 2: They well, they reanimated it in a couple of different scenes, and it is quite odd. Yeah why yeah, yeah, I don't even truly know. Somebody else could probably explain, but yeah, this is an odd one for sure. And of course the action remake comes out to share on May twenty third. So they're trying to capitalize on the popularity of.
Speaker 4: That's a live action remake?
Speaker 2: There is, yes, who's doing that? Uh? Disney?
Speaker 4: No, No, I mean filmmaker.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have no idea who Who's You know, they're gonna have to give Sean Baker one of these now.
Speaker 2: Disney live action remat's it.
Speaker 4: That's what happens when you when you win an award, you get you get called up and you either do a live action which is.
Speaker 2: Classic which classic Disney movies? Perfect for a Shawn Baker a live action remake?
Speaker 4: Right, He's got to either do that or an MCU movie. Those are just choices.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm asking. Which one is perfect? We got to we have to discover this right now.
Speaker 4: Uh Sleeping Beauty.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad one I could see.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of one that the closest to having sex workers.
Speaker 2: I could see Spaghetti's is Peter pan I could see a great version of Fox on the Hound.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, yeah, Oh that'd be so sad, though.
Speaker 2: Sean Baker's Pinocchio. There's too many of those.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they do go to a house of ill repute.
Speaker 2: Uh, I studio says. I think the Lelo and Stitch we cut had to do some indigenous stereotypes. I watched the deleted scene of my race and ethnicity and the cinematic arts, and it was wild.
Speaker 4: Okay, H fine, I guess yeah, go ahead and updated.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh, the black circles got me. I was not ready for that. All right, we are onto the vinegars room announcements again, all of these titles.
Speaker 4: For some reason, people, you're cutting out again.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna. I'm gonna disconnect and come back. That's the show you you carry on for a moment. Luccio ful cheese.
Speaker 3: Murder Rock not one of his uh top tier classics, but certainly a sleezoid's delight. We lost, we lost the visual, but you know what we're looking at. We're looking at murder We're looking at rock. We're looking at Murder Rock. Okay, so back to.
Speaker 4: Which Disney movie? No, I love Murder Rock. Actually, I think it's a lot of fun. How you doing, buddy?
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? Now? I can hear you. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: We can't see Murder Rock anymore.
Speaker 2: No, because I was sharing that and I left, so it's gone. Okay, So Vinegar Syndrome titled Little Girl. Yes, I have people asking this all the time, and I guess I never say it.
Speaker 3: So you're breaking up again, solute people. The important thing is Murder Rock is going to be in four K.
Speaker 4: If you've got the subscription. This is common.
Speaker 3: If you don't got the subscription and you're a faulty fan, this needs to be in your collection.
Speaker 4: What was the previous release of Murder Rock.
Speaker 2: I think there was a Scorpion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a Blu Ray. Maybe it's a scorpion yep. Okay.
Speaker 2: One thing that I always forget to say with Vinegar Cinam releases that people ask like once a month. These are shipping at the end of this month, so starting in about three weeks. If you order this now, you're not waiting a few months. This will be shipping in the month of April. On Murder Rock, this is an outer hard box and then this is the slip cover. On the inside there is hard box and the slip cover. This one has gonna be a two disc set, four K disc, Blu ray disc. We've got a English language theatrical stereo soundtrack as well as the Italian language dub We've got a bunch of interviews on this that Eugenio er Kailani was able to do, including an interview with Eugenio erk Lani. We've got people that have never been on camera before talking about this, which is really nice. And then a forty page book with the essays by Stephen Thrower, Amandarees and Al Kliver. Beautiful by far probably going to be the definitive release. There is a competing eighty films four K out there, but they will have very unique extras. From what I told you.
Speaker 4: Then, the Nesting said you was probably happy about the tariffs.
Speaker 2: That was funny. That was funny. The Nesting is coming on four K from Viner Syndrome as well. This is from nineteen eighty one. This has had I believe a previous Blu Ray here in the US from Blue Underground. Oh Blue Underground, That's what it was.
Speaker 4: We don't get to say them very often, but when we do, it's always with reverence.
Speaker 2: Well, and that Blu Ray came out in twenty eleven, so this is a long later and worthy upgrade, I'm sure on four K this one. Simonar says, amazing that you have to blur drawn nipples. Can you not show classic works of art on here?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I cannot. This one newly restored in four K from the original thirty five thirty five millimeter negative. This one will have a two dis set as well, four K disc, blu ray disc commentary with the writer and critic Andy Marshall Roberts. A bunch of interviews coming on this one as well, and a couple of feature including a feature at produced by the Vinegar Syndrome Film Archive talking about preserving armand Weston's gothic horror. It's also a thirty minute interview with Stephen Thrower on this.
Speaker 3: Sweet that is definitely going to improve appreciation of this film, which doesn't have I think the reputation that it deserves. I think it's better than a lot of people give it credit for being.
Speaker 4: I think this. I'm hopeful that the four K upgrade will show how cool the gothic atmosphere is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this one will stick out for quite a lot of people. And yes, it is also a longer cut that's never before been released. Oh really, yes, sir, okay. Next up is a double feature of Devil Doll and Curse of the Voodoo.
Speaker 3: And this is not the Todd Browning Devil Doll of the of nineteen thirty four. This is a nineteen sixties double.
Speaker 2: Doll that would be an interesting companion. Yeah, this is from nineteen sixty four. In nineteen sixty five, Newly Scanning restored in four K from their OCNS that we got a commentary with Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw on Devil Doll, commentary with the producer Richard Gordon, and film a story in Tom Weaver on Double Doll, commentary with Rod Barnett and Adrian Smith on Curse of the Voodoo. A couple interviews including Kim Newman for twenty three minutes on Curse of the Voodoo, Jonathan Rigby on Devil Doll for twenty five minutes, and then some alternate clothed scenes for Devil Doll.
Speaker 4: That you can watch if you wish. It's like, you know what, I want to see what this movie looks like when they wear in their clothes.
Speaker 2: Getting into their VSA line for the month. Igor and the Lunatics from nineteen eighty five is their PSA. You can check this out out. Is from Who Is the Name of It? Spooky's directors Thomas Dorn and Brendan Fuckner. I believe, oh they did a couple of the bonus scenes at least in this This was actually directed by W. J. PERLINI. This is newly scanned restored in four K as well from the sixteen millimeter. And then we've got a making of doc that is thirty four minutes long, reversible sleeve and the usual on this one. This one looks fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the trailer looked great. It'd be a good double feature with Josh Becker's Thou Shalt Not Kill Accept both good fun, low budget Manson inspired movies. Yeap, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Always, I always like to pick up the trauma the Trauma licensed films in the hope that eventually I will develop enough karma for them to do Merchants of Death, the best remaining unreleased Trauma licensed.
Speaker 2: Film, maybe someday. Then this is an interesting one. Distrip Picks is putting out Last Tango in Paris from nineteen seventy two on four K. But what's odd is you can get it with this art on the Vinegar Syndrome site, or you can get it with this art on the Miliusine.
Speaker 4: Site, or you can save eight dollars.
Speaker 2: And get no slipcover, or and just get them.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that the box cost eight dollars.
Speaker 3: And then I switched to the standard and was like, thankfully, I can easily.
Speaker 4: Slide that box right off and just get the movie by itself.
Speaker 2: This is a two disc set. We got a four K disc in a region, a Blu ray disc. We got an interview with Bertolucci, collaborator Francesco Brilly, interview with the editor. We've got a couple other interviews on this one featurette forty page book with essays by Alison Anders, Heather Drain, and Jim Hempful. This is a movie that has, of course, a handful of controversies associated with it.
Speaker 4: A handful. Huh Yeah, So what are the ethics of watching Last Tango in Paris?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, for me, I mean for separating the art from the artist. I am okay purchasing and watching a film like this, so in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I was actually had a conversation with Sam about this and we both agreed, like the crew movie crews are a pretty good number of people, like the likelihood that somebody is a scumbag is high on every single movie. Yeah, And you know, I think of someone like Roman plans here or whatever, and I would say, you know, the thing is people can do monstrous things, and they can also do amazing artistic things. And that's part of what makes the monstrous things so scary, is that monstrous things are not done by monsters. They're done by people, right, And but I I wonder if there's a difference when you know, the alleged crime is perpetrated happening during the filming of course of the filming. You know, I've read all the stories and the perspectives and everything, and I think, you know, the film has been made, and the film is divisive on its own merit, regardless of of you know, the damage uh that was that was done to Maria.
Speaker 2: But so.
Speaker 3: You know, I I I think I'm with you. You know, the film has made. I think it's important to watch it in context with knowing, you know, the controversy surrounding it, and then decide what you think of it as a piece of art. Check out the one not Dylan's.
Speaker 2: Settle It, which supposedly like one of the worst movies in the last HANDFU of the years. Yeah, this one obviously got a lot of comments on social media with a lot of people pushing back on this even coming out. But in all reality, what's what's crazy is you know a while ago there was a petition to get this released by Criterion, and then all this stuff came out and people learned a lot about this and then Juliet instead, everybody stayed far far away from this film. For this to be not to like talk down to this film necessarily, but or the sorry not to talk down about the label, but for a film to be in you know, petition talks for getting on Criterion to end up on destrib Picks is a wild journey for a brute lugi film to take. I think it's appropriate. I don't think it's inappropriate. I just think it's a crazy story.
Speaker 4: I mean, distrimp Picks is art house sex films.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes it is.
Speaker 4: Am I missing something?
Speaker 2: No, it's just to go from Criterion to distribt Picks is a hell of a journey.
Speaker 4: One I would willingly take any time.
Speaker 2: I understand that next title is far more controversial to me, and it is drop Zone from nineteen ninety four getting a four K release from cinematograph the Wesley Snipes film going four K. This one is going to have a new commentary with director and exec producer John Badam, cinematographer Roy Schwagner, moderated by Justin the Liberty, new commentary by Max Every, new video interview with the producer. We've got a new interview with the film music historian Daniel Schweiger about the Hans zimmer score. A new visual essay by Daniel Kramer on this one. New text essays by Simon Abrams, Bill Gaberi and Mark Edward Hook and Justin the Liberty. And yeah, this is their first title that is uh oh sorry, I was trying to look at a comment and you highlight this.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I'm doing. Make it go away.
Speaker 2: We could tell. Yes, Paul Viking wanted to comment Polanski raped a thirteen year old, maybe not during filming, but trying to set the rules for what is okay what is not has been crossed by Pilansky. I don't think anybody would argue that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody said that. I said he did something really monstrous.
Speaker 2: Uh. Anyways, drop zone. Wesley Snipes.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to touch the button.
Speaker 2: I think this one you see in four K.
Speaker 4: This one's interesting. I don't understand. I don't understand. Also, I like the I like the chochkeys that come with it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're they're doing a parachute with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. This is one seems I don't understand why this is on cinematograph, but I don't. I mean, I don't really care.
Speaker 3: I am probably not interested in this particular movie, but I'm excited that it's been released, you know, the.
Speaker 2: Whole should this be cinematograph thing? I understand that John Padam did this, it does still feel wildly out of place compared to you know, the VSAs or vs US Anyways, Yeah, I mean, I don't ever really mind.
Speaker 4: People can put stuff on whatever label but drop so wow. Okay.
Speaker 2: And then the most controversial thing of the week, which is hilarious because of what we just talked about. Vinegar Syndrome announced their next April Fool's Day thing, which this year was announced as a flying disc freebee or not freeb frisbee and the picture they used had a disc on the bottom side of the frisbee and it was claimed to be the special disc will only be available on our website until midnight Eastern on April Fool's Day. So this was, you know, a couple days ago. But VS made a grave mistake when listing this on their website and used the phrase special tech in their listing, and therefore PayPal was denying the purchases of everybody trying to order this with PayPal. And so there are many people that did not get to order this all day that are pissed, and I think that is wild.
Speaker 4: Special tech gets flagged.
Speaker 2: Why because PayPal doesn't want to be an associate to a crime of They don't know, they just have certain things, but it should be obvious, like you don't you would, you would never. I don't know. Vinegar Center will never make a listing that's called like weapons. You should have named it something else. Name it. They have a movie called Deadly Weapons, probably and look at that. We got somebody that only orders through PayPal, so probably could not purchase it. Stan It is an April Fool's joke. But people who purchase this will get something. And it's clearly going to be at least one film h and it will be shipping around Black Friday.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a movie in it.
Speaker 2: There will be shit.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just a frisbee. I was like, I don't want that. No, it's a movie, damn it. Uh watch it be Master of the Flying Guillotine on four K like and only fifty copies are ever made.
Speaker 2: It's not uh merch was also released. We got this infested tea. We've got this uh vin Sin Siren's Dairy aer shirt, and then a cinematograph mistaken tripod shirt, this sticker VS Looking for Fun bumper sticker, and then the cinematograph sticker that sold out within like five minutes, which is crazy, and yeah that's VS. Huh all right, uh Celesia's I think we know what movie we do? What is the guess because I don't think so? All right? Going through the going through the partner labels. First up from Bill Movement is Ardishaw Time is All You Got from nineteen eighty five. This is directed by Brigit bridget Berman. I'm assuming is how you say? This audio commentary with the director and English sub is all that is on this disc. Uh. Yeah, Pil Movement, they release a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, definitely want to see this Ardishaw legend. I don't really get his music, but I want to pretend.
Speaker 2: Maybe after watching this. Next up from phil movement is The Marquis of O from nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 4: Ordered updating my DVD at last.
Speaker 2: This is a Romeyer title. Hell yeah, We've got essays by David Thompson and Christine yunsu Kim on this one as well some archival interviews and English subs.
Speaker 4: I opted out of the slipcover for that one.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know what. One thing to keep in mind when you mentioned that for the well, I don't remember what title that was, the District Picks title. The big thing when you opt out of the slip you also don't get the booklet. This one, there's no booklet, so it's much easier to opt out of. Uh. And then the next one from a film movement is Playground from twenty twenty one. This is about bullying. Looks really good. There's a bonus short bonus short film on here as well, with an essay by film critic Rock the Sales Ross and uh yeah, I am very eager to see this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Saturn's core for this month is Bone Sickness from two thousand and four. This is supposedly heavy on the Gore, but not a film that a lot of people seem to love in the comments. I've not seen this one. It was an old unearthed film's DVD way back in the day, I believe, huh. And this will have a new twenty twenty five commentary with the director Brian Pollan, an actor producer Rich George, new commentary with Justin d'clue and Adam Thorne. An archival commentary on here as well, a demo version from two thousand and four, a bunch of other extras, new twenty twenty five featurette, a new twenty twenty five location tour, outtakes, archival stunt reels, all kinds of stuff. Another loaded disc from Saturn's Core.
Speaker 4: Well, I know nothing of this film's reputation, but that looks fun to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely does. And then we got good Madam from a Shutter for this month from twenty twenty one. One interesting thing. Justin the Liberty confirmed this on the Facebook groups. There was a banner that showed up on the Vinegar Centroom website and in their email that included blood Quantum is coming from Shutter. It is not there this month. It got delayed and it will be coming soon. Still sweet is that one that you've seen and liked them?
Speaker 3: I like Blood Quantum. It flies off the rails, but it has one of the best endings. I have not seen good Madam, but I'm definitely gonna preview that this weekend on a shutter.
Speaker 4: Looks kind of neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of extras on this one too, commentary with the director, a bunch of video interviews on this one. Book with new writing by Jordan Searles, South African Film. I believe it is it is? Oh, I thought it said.
Speaker 4: Huh, somebody can confirm for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not entirely sure there all right, go in to our next one. Uh. Heavier Trip from twenty twenty four is the next title from Music Box Films. This was my first must purchase when I saw this list. I loved Heavy Trip, very excited to see this one. This one has behind the scenes of Heavier Trip, an interview with Baby Metal on this there's a Heavier Trip at Fantastic Fest, which was I believe Heavy Trip at Fantastic Fest was on the first disc and that was one of the funniest parts of that whole disc. So funny seeing them in full makeup at the festival.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This, I hope that it's good. I really hope that it's good.
Speaker 4: I definitely will see this.
Speaker 2: Uh did you see the first one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good, good, good, good it is. It is very funny.
Speaker 4: Hey, can I ban somebody? Yes?
Speaker 2: My wait, who are you banning? Oh? Did he say something else?
Speaker 4: Get into political?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh? All right? Uh whoops. Charis Films The Human Pyramid and The Punishment from nineteen sixty one in nineteen sixty two is their next title. This is one that I definitely want to check out. We got an additional film on here, it says, the Punishment booklet with an essay about Rouch the director, and I want to check these out. This one sounded very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I think I need to get on the show. All right, let me respond all right. Next one, Factory twenty five is doing Louder than you think. A lo fi history of Gary Young and Pavement. Uh well, oh man. This says an up close cinematic walk about through the life of Gary Young, the original and highly unlikely drummer of indie rock Royalty Pavement, his booze and drugs, field antics on stage, handstands, grifting, vegetables to fans and haphazard production methods, accidentally helping launch the lo fi aesthetic. We're both a driving force of the band's early rise and the cause of his eventual crash. On this one has delited scenes behind the scenes, speature at thirty two page booklet, and or again the music things they stick out immediately to me, I hate pavement, You hate payment? Why they suck?
Speaker 4: To me?
Speaker 3: I'm sure every band is someone's favorite band. I did not understand the pavement thing. It was the weirdest part of the nineties.
Speaker 2: To me, understood well understood.
Speaker 4: So I guess should I acknowledge that I made a mistake.
Speaker 2: No, I found a way to undo it, so he should be good to come back. I went back into YouTube studio and I unbanned him. Should I reach out, Well, I don't know if if they can see it, go ahead and say something.
Speaker 4: Well not if they're not going to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that it kicked them out immediately. They probably just couldn't comment and so pulled Viking. If you're still watching, you you were banned accidentally and brought back.
Speaker 4: No, I did it on purpose, but it was a mistake.
Speaker 3: I guess looked like you were trolling and I was getting kind of antsy about it.
Speaker 2: So he's here quite often.
Speaker 4: My bad, My bad. People get sensedive these days.
Speaker 2: You know, Dick Wood, you are not getting banned.
Speaker 4: I learned a valuable lesson not to touch the buttons.
Speaker 2: Love Crime is the next title. This is from IFC Films. This is from twenty ten. I feel like this is one that you've seen. Have you seen this one? I have not.
Speaker 3: This was an OCN month where other than the Eric Romer movie, I was like, I don't know these so yeah, I don't know Love Crime? What's it about?
Speaker 2: This one? Says the final film from director Elaine Cornet and Oscar nominee Kristin Scott Thomas against Let's see I missed a couple of verbs or something. Love Crime pitch the fiery talents of Ludvine Sagnie or Sagnier and Oscar nomine Christen Scott Thomas against each other in a deliciously twisted tale of office politics that turn literally cut throat. Okay, this one as a new commentary by Travis Woods, new visual essay by Alexandre Heller Nicholas, and a new booklet was writing by Katie.
Speaker 4: Right, what's that with the disclosure?
Speaker 2: Everybody asking to be banned and unbanned?
Speaker 4: Now, jeez, I feel like such a bad person.
Speaker 2: Oh man, the next title is from Memory.
Speaker 3: Oh hold on, we're not done with love crime. Oh yes, I did not know that. Yeah, okay, so it's all passion. Okay, cool. I just thought I wasn't going touch the button anymore, but then I redeemed myself.
Speaker 2: But at least it was for Joel, who's amazing. So Dick Wood says, it's odd I hear helicopters over my house. Oh man, Okay, Memory, I don't have anything from Memory the partner label yet. Have you got anything from them?
Speaker 4: No. They've released a couple films that they didn't do Carpet Cowboys, did they?
Speaker 2: I think they did?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that was their first title or their second title.
Speaker 4: I'm still amused by that one.
Speaker 2: Oh look, he made it back, Welcome Back Pulp. It was an accident.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, buddy, bad.
Speaker 2: Okay. So Memory is putting out Physician Healed Myself from twenty twenty three. It offers a searingly intimate portrait of the celebrated expert on addiction, stress and trot. The documentary follows gaber Matt's life journey from his start as a young contrarian to a contemporary icon, still struggling to manage his painful past and complicated behaviors. This will have some bonus scenes. And that is it.
Speaker 4: That sounds complicated?
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: I prefer my complex characters to be fictional.
Speaker 2: Project Omicron is the next VHS hit Best title, and this is the slip cover. This one is directed by Jared Whitman. It is from nineteen ninety nine. It'll be region free, newly transferred from the original master. We get an intro by the director, audio commentary by the director, audio commentary some of the actors, some interviews, behind the scenes, footage, bloopers, and ten ten short films. That's a lot.
Speaker 4: Packed to the gill.
Speaker 2: As usual, Dan does really great with his discs. I'm always happy to see what he's able to put out. This was my other must purchase. Yellow Veil is putting out Rats from twenty twenty four. If you have not seen the trailer for this one, go look it up. It looks really, really great. I have heard that it is amazingly funny yellow Ail is putting this out and it is directed by Carl Fry Maxwell Malevenski. It's got director's commentary, Part one, Part two, and part three. Mills Dilf's and Kilps is one of the subtitles there. This is supposedly very crude and hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is ail?
Speaker 2: No idea? What a kilp is? Yeah, there's a lot of words on here that I probably shouldn't say. Short Film with Pleasure is also included post nut Clarity, deleted scenes, blow kins and more, new painted poster by Carrie Lassard, and then an essay by Justine Smith. I needed this for sure. And then Severance. This is the next title from Magnolia. This is Yes, it's a killer.
Speaker 4: I would like to engage in activities with amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad it's not kid bo. See I've said I'm glad.
Speaker 4: Geez man, Oh wow.
Speaker 2: That was really funny.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Severance from two thousand and six is the next title from Magnolia. Uh. This is Wrecked by Christopher Smith with Danny Dyer and Toby Stevens. Simer says, I went to Kangaroo first.
Speaker 3: Oh man, geez, I mean not that reality is much better. But yeah, no, I was thinking of totally I'm gonna ban you. Talk about a Severance.
Speaker 2: This one will have a new commentary with the director, a whole bunch of other extras on here as well. Kim Newman does a moderating on here for the commentary. We've got a bunch of archival extra's book with new writing by Molly Henry. And I've not seen this one. Have you seen Severance?
Speaker 4: No, no, I'll check that one out. O.
Speaker 2: This got an umbrella released too. Hmm. Good to know.
Speaker 3: I want to take I want to take it time out to address mister Viking or I shouldn't say address Viking, pulp Viking. I apologize for banning you. We got ultra sensitive honestly over the past couple of weeks about political comments and the and the chats. Mainly I hate getting directed my way.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, Ryan gets it every day, he's used to it, but I'm very sensitive because I only get it every now and then. Yeah, I do, so, I do. I apologize If you hate me now, I'll understand.
Speaker 2: I had to give you the full screen.
Speaker 4: No, I'll take it all right.
Speaker 2: Next up is AGFA doing their re release of the Sword in the Claw. We knew that all of their old titles when they were on their own were going to get re released under OCN eventually, so this is this one getting its re release. This is region free preserved from the only known thirty five millimeters theatrical print. This hays an action trailer reel from AGFA. It's got a bonus movie, The Brawlbusters on here from nineteen seventy eight Korean martial arts extravaganza that screened with The Sword and the Claw during its original US theatrical run and this one. Did you ever watch this AGPA disc?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I have the first Everything's everything that's the same, right, all the extra Okay, great?
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah this is fun. I haven't watched all the extras yet, but the movie's a blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a good one. This is from the same areas like Turkish Star Wars is what they do. Yeah, this is a good looking slip for this release. Claud's coming out and then we've got Enjoy the Ride or etr Media putting out Underdeveloped from twenty twenty two. This is a mockumentary about a group of failed and inexperienced producers forced to work together at a feeling production company. Got some semi big names in this. We've got Thomas and Nicholas, Brian Metcalf, Tom Arnold, Dave Keckner, Sam Levine. We've got an audio commentary from the director and select members of the cast, extended and never seen interviews, and a trailer on this one.
Speaker 4: Didn't we just have something similar to this where they go to camp and they have to produce art for the Wu Tang clan.
Speaker 2: That is so specific and either that exists and I have a terrible memory, or.
Speaker 3: It definitely exists. Okay, we have a terrible memory. Somebody in the chat will know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I generally don't. That's why I'm worried. Did I hit my head today? Ah?
Speaker 3: You know it's a bunch of like, you know, upright citizens, brigade people and other like.
Speaker 4: Mid tier famous people at.
Speaker 3: A camp where they're trying to over come there uh, creative blocks.
Speaker 2: All right. Organizer is one of the Wu Tang claim I'll trust you. I think it's resin that checks out.
Speaker 4: So we're just gonna move.
Speaker 3: We're not going to talk about Tom Arnold's triumphant return to straight to video mockumentaries.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, let's hear your dietrode. No, I don't have one, good on I didn't have one prepared.
Speaker 4: Good on you, buddy, I like I don't like freaksing gigs?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Dave Keckner got arrested for real, got arrested for drug driving.
Speaker 4: Ah, well, could happen to anybody.
Speaker 2: Next up is the canalog doing. Just heard what you said, Oh man, I spelled unfinished incorrectly on this What We Left Unfinished from twenty nineteen. I'm gonna just scroll up and hide that.
Speaker 4: I left this first draft unfinished.
Speaker 2: In a time when film was more than just entertainment. It was a weapon. What we Left Unfinished unearthed the incredible true stories behind five unfinished feature films from Afghanistan's communist era from nineteen seventy eight to nineteen ninety one. Filmmakers who dared to defy the odds, creating stories that both reflected and resisted these shifting political tides, were thrust into a battle where their craft became a matter of life and death.
Speaker 3: I got a pretty good idea why they didn't get finished if they were made in Afghanistan between nineteen yeah, in nineteen ninety one. But I'm very interested in checking that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this sounds great. The Canalog does great work with this. Very interesting seeing this. We got an intro from Mariam Ghani on this extended interviews Q and A with filmmakers, trailers, discussions. This sounds really really solid.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, is Bro really from Greenland?
Speaker 2: Pulp? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No ship for real?
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 3: Oh my bad, dude. I didn't know you were trying to defend your homeland.
Speaker 2: You already at the full screen apology. Now you're digging in for.
Speaker 3: The let's not I'm on your side brother, when the battle comes.
Speaker 4: Sign me up.
Speaker 3: Tonight is a shit show, so literally trying to protect his lands?
Speaker 2: Yes, always Danish?
Speaker 4: Right all right?
Speaker 2: CARTOONA When You Get to the Forest is the next release.
Speaker 4: Now I just want to make the rest of the show talking to Pulp fight. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Should we send Pulp an invite to come on the sho now?
Speaker 4: Why? That's okay? What's this movie?
Speaker 2: This is an animated film from twenty twenty two. This is region free. It's got a Year in the Forest. A meeking of doc production, diaries, directors and writers commentary. Cartoona has been doing some really unique stuff. I am really glad that they came on as a partner label fairly recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Cali Kid says, love your program. You checked anything from cartoon now yet?
Speaker 4: No, not yet, but I'd like to.
Speaker 2: Hundreds of Beavers big hit.
Speaker 4: I still haven't seen it. Speaking of.
Speaker 2: That was perfect. The male you seen titles for this month is Baby Rosemary and this is a double feature with Hot Lunch, both coming on Blu Ray. Well, nothing new on these. These are both upgrades from the previous DVD, The Vinegarsenterm, released a while ago. There is a couple people that are very vocal about how pissed off they are about all of the mile you see titles coming out right now are just upgrades. I mean it's proper HD film archival. I understand being frustrated that every single disc is not brand new.
Speaker 3: But come on, I think it's great that they're upgrading their early DVD. This this is I mean, this is what made them made their company to begin with. Yeah, I think I have that double It's like there's just like one DVD with both features on.
Speaker 2: It, right, yes, sir, with nothing else on the on the disc.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So this looked great. Nothing else but anyway.
Speaker 2: Next up is from Pulse and this is Jose Benezera and it is the Forbidden Films from nineteen seventy three to nineteen seventy six. This is four hundred and sixty five minutes of films on this newly scanned restored in two K and four K from their OCNS.
Speaker 4: Sing because it does the tantricas last forever four hundred and.
Speaker 2: What four hundred and sixty five minutes? Yes, good god, pretty crazy, Ronnie says. I like how his secret sexual fantasies is capitalized. Yeah, this is the hell of a good looking release post does some good work too. Let's see. Next is uh heh, We're done with OCN al right, so let me go back to this blacked out How do you feel about the month? From most lying there will.
Speaker 4: Fine? I mean nothing like knocked me out.
Speaker 3: I was really excited about the again, the Eric Rohmer film at least six or seven that I would really like to see maybe also pick up. So a lot of stuff to be curious about, not a lot of stuff where I was, you know, jumping on a day one. But that's not necessarily criticism. There's a bunch of stuff that I have to check out because I.
Speaker 4: Just don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very similar to me. I would say last month was a very impressive month for partner label stuff, stuff that I felt like I had to get day one because they were great. This month, a lot of unknown stuff that a lot of it I'd never heard of, but sound really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you hear the ocean behind me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds very comforting. You get a little tired.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, a weird energy tonight.
Speaker 3: So just a little bit oh man stuff going on, political stuff, you know, but yeah, I know it's as you know, it's affecting many of our job situations.
Speaker 4: So it's been.
Speaker 2: Something that is a good point. Ronnie no c ip released this month.
Speaker 4: I think they pulled it in protest.
Speaker 2: Ultra Kelly. Do we think Stanley Kubrick's Lolita is two controversial release on blue ray of four k no But I have a feeling it will come this year.
Speaker 3: They just released Adrian Lines version last year?
Speaker 2: Was that imprint Imprint? Yeah? Yeah, and I think Keno announced that they were doing it after that too. I mean, you know, just did Pretty Baby after Imprinted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean Lolita kubrick Sulida is extremely uncomfortable, but uh lines Lowda is much more explicit. Yeah, yeah, so I don't I don't think there should be an issue with re releasing Kubrick's Salida.
Speaker 2: I love that we're talking about Lolita with Ultraman on the screen. Uh. June third, Mill Creek is releasing Ultraman Decker the Complete Series. This will This will also include Ultraman Decker Finale Journey to Beyond. Uh. They have been killing the Ultraman releases. I'm sure this is going to be great and game.
Speaker 4: Any of the Ultraman stuff. What is that?
Speaker 2: It's a very we we had this conversation a couple of weeks ago. I used the wrong word. Then I think it's technically Kaiju where it's like big monster movie. It's it's kind of like Power Rangers type, but more serious.
Speaker 4: More serious.
Speaker 2: Yes okay, yeah, not like made for kids necessarily. Speaking of serious films, love this movie. Turnine Over in Germany is releasing Abigail on four K on April tenth. This is just coming in a regular amor ay case, but afterwards they will be doing a media book and steel book as well. To me, this indicates that we will likely be getting the four K from I'm guessing Scream Factory in like four or five months in the US. When this was announced as a Blu ray only in the States, I did say, watch it come out on four K from Scream Factory in a handful of months. This seems to be a pretty clear definition of that love this movie. I wish the trailer would have been different and it kept the main storyline of secret, but this movie is genuinely incredible. I saw it, you did, Yeah, what'd you think of Abigail?
Speaker 4: I liked a lot of it.
Speaker 3: When when they decided to give every character like a backstory and a little character development exposition, I was like, what the hell? This is ridiculous, and not in the way the rest of the movie is ridiculous. Favorite, Yeah, as long as the as long as the kid was the main focus of the film, I really liked it.
Speaker 4: Yep. But whenever the adults are talking, I was just like, why are you having this conversation right now.
Speaker 2: When the rest of the house is going through a lot?
Speaker 4: I guess even before that, I'm like, who talks to people about this stuff?
Speaker 2: That is true? Next up, Universal speaking of them like we just did. April twenty seconds, they are releasing a Blu ray of the show Hysteria and they're calling it season one, which is hilarious because it was already canceled. Why not call it the complete series or the limited SERIESCTED. I also like the face that you just held. I also liked that Bruce Campbell is the largest advertise on the cover of this and he's just a less actor in a very small part on the show. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess there's no part of me watching that. I thought he was like the main lead.
Speaker 2: No, I don't even think he's in every episode.
Speaker 4: What's that I mean?
Speaker 2: Julie Bowen, she's good.
Speaker 4: Julie Bowen, Oh love interesting?
Speaker 2: And I don't I don't know about Dexter. I didn't watch Dexter, Gilmore the Love Interest and Happy Gilmore and from Modern Family.
Speaker 4: That's Julie Bowen on Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, I never knew.
Speaker 2: That Colton says love this area. Peacock had two great horror shows and canceled. What was the other one? Modern Family? And ed?
Speaker 4: Wow? You know I heard she was doing really great things with advertising.
Speaker 2: Archide. This is the next title. July fifteenth Blu Ray from Full Moon of nineteen ninety one's Arcade. This is from David S. Goyer, who gave us Blade. We are getting this on Blu Ray for the first time ever. Audio commentary Charles Band and a Megan Ward. We've got original trailer, video zone, interview, rare, VFX reel, full Moon trailers and uh yeah, Will is very excited because it's full Moon.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 3: And I also just discovered that Julie Bins and Julie Bowen are different people, so I had to look them up. Arcade Baby with a Charles Band commentary. I'm so glad Full Moon has finally started to do. It's ironic because Full Moon pioneered supplemental features with their Full Moon's Video Zone in the VHS days, and then when they went to DVD and Blu Ray, they didn't do shit for Pulp Viking ass Arcade isn't any good? And the answer is it depends. I think it's great. Many people disagree. It's very you know, it's very it's very full Moon. Yeah, it's very full Moon. It's it's super fun and low budget and campy and stupid in a good way.
Speaker 2: I love ar that's ourkay coming soon. Man, this was maybe one of the most exciting announcements of this week for me. June twenty fourth, Milestone, through Keena Lober is putting out Made in New Jersey films from Fort Lee, America's first film town. This is going to cover nineteen oh nine to twenty fifteen with a couple of documentaries. This has a before Hollywood disc and after Hollywood disc some documentary pieces all about Fort Lee. It was already a favorite location for New York filmmakers when Mark Dentinfoss arrived in nineteen ten and established Champion as the first of many studios in that sleepy town. Biographic Claire Caleem Fox and Universal soon followed, making Fort Lee in New Jersey the birthplace of the American motion picture industry. I want this for sure, from.
Speaker 4: Fort Lee to Jilie, New Jersey cinema at its finest.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's hilarious. Yeah, this looks great. June twenty fourth, I need this one.
Speaker 3: This is the kind of thing that I think is important to have on the shelf, but not necessarily to ever watch.
Speaker 4: Not the New Jersey thing. Go back. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not done. Let's go back.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying to go back. I was too busy responding to something.
Speaker 3: So wait, this is documentaries or is it like actual films from the era.
Speaker 2: These are actual shorts from the era.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Then and current documentaries like The Champion from twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, fine watch it. This looks great. Get it for class and stuff.
Speaker 2: This looks like something you should own and never watch. Okay, fine watch your disc God dang.
Speaker 4: It, Hey, you know what. You definitely should watch sugar Hill Baby.
Speaker 2: Sugar Hill number thirty two in the Keno cult line, coming on June twenty fourth on Blu Ray. I believe all of this is carried over from the previous Blu Ray release. We got an audio commentary with towards Berger, Steve Mitchell, Nathaniel Thompson, another audio commentary with the director, some interviews. Why should everybody watch sugar Hill Will?
Speaker 4: It's awesome. I think that it's one of the better zombie films of the era. It kind of goes.
Speaker 3: Back to the original Voodoo origins and it very explicitly connects the zombies to you know, the Transatlantic slave trade. And it's also funny and campy. It also has the great character Baron Samti. And whenever I show this in class, I don't say anything about Baron Semtti. I just wait for somebody to be somebody to flip out because they know him from The Princess and the Frog.
Speaker 4: And uh yeah, and another fun fact.
Speaker 3: Directed by Paul what's his name, Paul miss Lansky. I was gonna say, Masserski Ronglan, Paul ms Lansky, whose other big claim to fame is producing Police Academy. And so it's weird to see a guy do a film that is so you know, socially conscious of the history of zombie lore and connects it to write the contemporary racial tensions of nineteen seventy four. And then he's like, you know what I want to do next? A movie about a bunch of wacky cops who are constantly roughing up civilians and breaking the law. Nevertheless, I'll say.
Speaker 4: For the record, I love Police Academy, don't get me wrong, the whole franchise.
Speaker 3: But it's a strange. It's a strange you know juxtaposition of films.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, quite a Difference. Next up is Revolver. This is coming from all Right, I'm carrying on. I let you speak on.
Speaker 4: It, Sugarill.
Speaker 3: One of the If you don't already have it, it's one of the most important films announced this week.
Speaker 2: A Revolver is the next title. This is from wilg USA as an Amazon exclusive release, which is odd. They don't normally do that through well Go so curious why that is happening.
Speaker 4: So the Dead Zone and Revolver.
Speaker 3: I think my little theory is beginning to come together.
Speaker 4: Damn it will continue.
Speaker 2: Uh. This is a BDR only on this one, so not going to be pressed. Order this.
Speaker 4: It's a ghost Blu Ray you assembled at home on your.
Speaker 2: Oh Man oh Man Wow Private Club. This was announced a while back, but there was no details on it. As it turns out, there's just no bonuses as far as I can tell, no special features on this. This is coming from eighty eight Films in the UK on June twenty third. If you're in the US, this was previously released by Monta Micabru and the Max PEAKUS collection and you may already have the film.
Speaker 4: There actually are bonus features, but you have to be in.
Speaker 3: I remember it, yeah, which is why you don't know that there's actually an essay by Alexandra Heller Nicholas.
Speaker 2: Oh Man. You're gonna make people go look for it now, all right, word a rochive. We got a handful of announcements. What todd is I only saw this one at first and then went and posted some other announcements and then realized, oh wait, Warner Archive announced a bunch of stuff. So this first one, this is coming on May twenty seventh on four K and Blu Ray, and it is a movie called High Society from nineteen fifty six. Tell us about how society Will.
Speaker 3: Oh Man my third favorite, Tracy Lord. This is a musical remake of a Philadelphia story.
Speaker 4: That's all you need to know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's nowhere near the quality of Philadelphia story, but it's fun.
Speaker 2: This is starring Being Crosby, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra. We can confirm now it seems like Fidelity in Motion is going to be doing all of the word of Archive four k's, which is really nice to hear considering how great their work is when they author on this. We've got a featurette Cole Porter in Hollywood, True Love nineteen fifty six premiere newsreel. We've got MGM CinemaScope cartoon Millionaire Droopy, add the only promo spots featuring Crosby, Kelly and Sinatra, and some original trailers. How do you feel about this? Is their second choice for four K from Warner Archive.
Speaker 4: It's not one of my favorite movies, but it's an important movie and worth restoring, and I think it'll look.
Speaker 2: Great and the searchers.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, well, obviously.
Speaker 2: That's the big thing about this though, is this film had never even been released on Blu ray, so this is a pretty big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sir, Yeah, that's definitely a pick up.
Speaker 2: Before we finished the one of Archives. Got a couple other extras well. Go on. May twenty seventh is releasing a four K and a Blu Ray release of The Prosecutor from twenty twenty four. This is directed and starring Donnie En. It looks supposedly it's a pretty great like crime thriller in courtroom drama packed into one.
Speaker 4: I'll give that a watch for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, supposed to be pretty incredible. And then four Flies on Gray Velvet, the Argento film getting a four K and Blu ray release from Shameless over in the UK on April twenty eighth. You can preorder this now. Addition is encoded from the four K restoration of the original elements, and this does have an exclusive in interview with Argento. Also has an exclusive interview with the star Michael Brandon, and a bunch of other archival extras, plus a poster, a couple of art cards, and a serialized limited collectors slipcase.
Speaker 4: So Shameless never had the best reputation for the quality of their Blu rays corc about their four k's are they getting? Is this a new leaf?
Speaker 2: Well, not only just the four k's, but even their Blu rays over the last couple of years have improved, but primarily because they are licensing better transfers from other people. They're not doing the transfers themselves.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 2: It does not say it's from a new restoration. It just says it's a four K restoration of the film. So to me that screens it's probably the exact same restoration as the Severn p All right, Going to our next one. Turbine over in Germany is releasing another three D three D title, and it's one of Will's favorites. It's the Super Mario movie from twenty twenty three. This is coming on April seventeen, and you can order this already off of the site. Will How do you feel about the Super Mario Brothers movie.
Speaker 3: I took my daughter to it. Oh my god, I mean, you know, visually inventive, that's all.
Speaker 2: I didn't hate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, as far as stuff like that goes. I mean I didn't have to sit. I mean, you know, I sat through the Trolls movies way worse than that. You know, the singing movies, and.
Speaker 2: You know you don't like the sing movies.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, maybe if they have better songs. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, carrying on to the rest of the morning archive titles. Speaking of singing, these are all coming on May twenty seventh on Blu ray all in the US. The first one La Van Rose with Marion Courtziard. This is listed as the extended version for one hundred and forty minutes. That's the only version I've ever known, so I'm not sure if there was another version that was different. Here. Do you know anything about the history behind that one?
Speaker 3: No, but I can tell you that when I was in college working at a video store. You know how back in the day on the new release will there'd be like one hundred copies of whatever studio direk is coming out, and then there'd be like movies that got five or six copies, and then there'd be movies that get one copy. Yep, l' v n Rose got one copy, but it got rented like every day costa. I was constantly putting it back and I never saw it.
Speaker 4: I just that, like cover.
Speaker 3: Art is definitely imprinted in my brain. So now I'm going to get a chance to finally see it, not only see it, but see it.
Speaker 2: Unrated from Warner Archive and restored. Very willing to extend it.
Speaker 3: We'll see what Edith Piaf was doing after hours.
Speaker 2: I guess also has a feature right on here called Stepping Into Character and a trailer. Next up is Three Comrades from nineteen thirty eight with Robert Taylor Margaret Sullivan. This one does not have any extras, but glad to see it getting a release here.
Speaker 3: Well, I would have gotten on there. That one's is that the Frank Borzagi film?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have gotten on there to talk about him. Great director.
Speaker 4: Worth picked to me, it's worth picking up just because he made it and I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a This is a big one.
Speaker 4: Even though apparently it is about a bunch of comies. Just kidd that's not.
Speaker 2: Next is Mystery Street from nineteen uh with Ricardo Mantelban This one, we've got a feature company commentary by Elaine Silver and Elizabeth Ward, Murder at Harvard featurette, and then some classic MGM cartoons a Little Quacker and Tom and Jerry in the Hollywood Bowl Little Quacker, I didn't name it.
Speaker 3: I love this movie. I like John Sturge's in general. This has been DVD only as on a double feature with Active Violence by Fred Zinneman, so this is a major release for me. This is a really fun movie.
Speaker 2: Four K restoration of the best surviving elements on this one too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's one of the first movies to do like CSI type forensic.
Speaker 2: Stuff okay, which is cool. Yeah. I love to cover on this one too. This poster is nice. Then Lean on Me from nineteen eighty nine with the one and only Morgan Freeman coming on Blu Ray as well. Also a four K scan of the OCN no extras on this one. But this is one that I know a lot of people love. It should go good with a couple of the other films they've been releasing lately that are of.
Speaker 4: This ILK Stand and Deliver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the biggest one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's another snapcase DVD I can finally retire.
Speaker 4: I like lad on me.
Speaker 3: I it's wrong, but sometimes I like to see teachers just beat the shit out of kids to make them move do their work.
Speaker 2: You know, that was not what I expected that to go to. That. Yeah, you know what, that's a We're probably never gonna get Dangerous Minds on a Blu ray will me.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's okay as far as I'm concerned. My favorite part is the way he's like this inspiring preacher and stuff and what he does and like his main thing is to like put chains on all the fire exits. Is he an inspiring teacher or a mass murderer?
Speaker 2: Stay tuned to find out.
Speaker 4: Geez.
Speaker 2: Then they are doing a Rhapsody in Blue from nineteen forty five. You've got Robert Alda in this one, Charles Coburn, some other names. This this is going to have the extended pre release version on this one new HD Master from a four K scan of the original nitrate negative and nitrate lavender. This is gonna be maybe one hundred and sixty one minutes, including the overture and newly discovered footage. No extras on this because that is a lot already in this film.
Speaker 4: I don't really care about this, Okay, I'll.
Speaker 2: Keep you going. This is one of the more exciting announcements for this week. In twenty twenty five, in the second half, new Australian boutique label New Wave Video is releasing Rubbers Lover from nineteen ninety six on Blu Ray. This is the brand new boutique label from John Matthews, who's been on the show quite a few times. You can find him over at the Imprint cast and Indicator cast. He's the one that's working on that inchor Bay documentary that came over here with Danny and filled everything restoring this from the original camera and sound negatives. This is from the same director that did Pinocchio nine six four or nine six four Pinocchio. This is look at that John's even watching live right now. Of course, John, Hey, this is this is a big deal. This is something that he's been waiting a long time. To be able to announce this yet It's gonna be stacked with new arts, new essays, new extras. Michelle Kisner is writing an essay on this one. We've got announcement two and three coming in the next couple of weeks. John, best of luck. I really hope this goes very well. I know this is a hell of a first title to announce. A lot of people expected this to never get an HQ release, so this is very very neat. Yeah, this is this is cool. Next up, Law and Order from nineteen thirty two, getting a Blu ray release from Keno on June seventeenth. We had talked about this before, but this is now with all the extras listed in a release date and everything. The extras on this will include Without Honor and Western. There's pulp asking about a Western. It's a Western from nineteen thirty two starring Harry Carey. That's sixty minutes long. The Library of Congress is given that to them. We have an audio commentary on Law and Order with Max Allan Collins, the author of Road to Perdition, with Heath Holland from Cereal at Midnight. Audio commentary for Without Honor by Toby Rohan and then a conversation with bertrand Tavernier about Law and Order. And this looks to be a pretty loaded classic release for Quino, and they normally don't do that for the titles like this.
Speaker 4: I'm into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a big, big deal. So glad you aren't Walter Houston, John Houston, good stuff. Hey, want to shout out. Karma Records in Warsaw, Indiana is now currying the physical media advocates. If you are in the area, go check them out. Tell John that I sent you. We'll take good care of you. They've got a lot of really good stuff. You can find it there.
Speaker 4: Warsaw Indiana.
Speaker 2: I Know What You Did Last Summer from nineteen ninety seven is getting a four K steel book on June twenty fourth from Sony. This had already had a four K release, but now it is coming in a steel book. They've already released the second one on a four K release, so I imagine that will likely get a steal book at some point as well.
Speaker 4: I remember seeing that in the theater when it first came out.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, is this a movie you hate? Because it seems like a movie you'd hate.
Speaker 4: Well, here's how I saw it.
Speaker 3: I like to do that thing where you pay for a movie and then you watch that movie and then you sneak into the theater for another movie. Of course, yeah, and I would do that all the time. And so I went to see Dirty Work, the Norm McDonald movie, and I was like the only person in the theater laughing my ass off, because of course it's a work of staggering genius.
Speaker 2: The movie's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then I went to see I Know What You Did Last Summer right afterwards, and I also found I Know What You Did Last Summer to be kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Not for the same reasons I assume.
Speaker 3: Jennifer love Hew. It is like screaming into nothingness, like what do you want?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I remember, man, I remember I was sitting next to somebody and then movie and there was one part where a character is trying to like tiptoe through a bathroom and there was a toothbrush, and I remember turning the person next to me and going like, that's the That's my main memory of seeing that movie.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I want to know, did you see the sequel to this?
Speaker 4: I still know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that what was called?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: I remember, Yeah, I remember when the sequel was announced and we were all making jokes about what the title should be, especially for the third one. But yes, I saw the second one. Couldn't tell you a thing about it.
Speaker 2: There's a hilarious scene with Jack Black in it for no reason. Why No, I don't Jack with dreadlocks.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Next up, April twenty second, Tribeca Films is putting out Tendaberry on an Amazon exclusive.
Speaker 4: Hmm, Blue ray could just sit in. Well, she's a strong black woman. It looks like, did you.
Speaker 2: See what the film's about. When her boyfriend returns to Ukraine.
Speaker 3: Oh no, If I don't. If I'm not back on the next shows, somebody look for me. I've been extraordinarily renditioned.
Speaker 2: He's been defenestrated from a window. When her boyfriend returns to Ukraine to be with his ailing father, twenty three year old Dakota navigates heartbreak in the midst of her South Brooklyn universe, creating a lyrical glimpse of young adulthood and a reflection on the anxiety that can arise from not knowing what comes next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think these are adding up.
Speaker 2: Apestry, and that is it for the week. Finally, that is it.
Speaker 4: We're done. I feel like I'm just getting started.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness, you are not.
Speaker 3: I was finally starting to warm up. I might tell a good joke at some point.
Speaker 2: As far as what is coming out next week? Let me fix my screen because he is not showing up properly. H one second, Wow, I'm sorry. All right, here we go. I wanted to remind everybody. N I got a second screen that I'm using for the time. Reanimator is going to be shipping soon from Ignite Films, the new four K version of Reanimator. No guarantee that it will be April third, which is today, because as far as I'm aware, nobody has gotten a shipping notice yet, but that should be shipping soon. So if you want that, go take a look. And now it's what's really coming out next week?
Speaker 4: Wait, where's that Macbeth? What was that.
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 4: Oh? Which Macbeth is.
Speaker 2: At twenty sixteen? Joseepie Verdi?
Speaker 4: Wait? Is that that's not the one that Dario Argento directed? Is it?
Speaker 2: Let me see?
Speaker 4: Is that a new addition?
Speaker 2: It does not say anything about our gento stage director Christophe Loy.
Speaker 4: Well, that doesn't continue.
Speaker 2: All right next week. Quite a lot here Long Kiskey Night four K from Arrow, Just Friends from Warner Archive, Some Like It, Hot four K from Keno, Hard Boiled, the three Film Collection from A. Laine Corno from Radiance, Sorority House, Masker four K from Screen Factory, Film Noir, The Dark Side of Cinema, Number twenty five from Keno, The Vordillac from Oscilloscope Common Writer Trilogy. Whoops that jumped? That one is also coming Jade from well Go USA Revolver. Like we mentioned, Tonight is also coming out. But that is it. There's not a whole lot all next week Long Cascod Night one that I definitely had to get though, So I've got that on the way. Anything for you, sir.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think Just Friends is kind of funny. That's two good romantic comedies with Amy Smart also in road Trip of course, yeah, Pard Boiled Obviously, I'm much more interested in Sorority House, Massacre two.
Speaker 4: Where's that one? Restore the wine Orski Verse.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'll definitely pick up the film no Our box set.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get them all just so that I can show.
Speaker 2: Them to you, be like an entire wall of film.
Speaker 3: Also on a second, Christopher Silvestri's suggestion, I would love to do a commentary for The Apprentice. I don't even need to see it. I just recorded me for however long the movie.
Speaker 2: Is all right, that would be.
Speaker 3: That would be so ironic if Jess Friends was delayed again, because you know how it goes. It's like, would you ever think about yeah maybe one day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell of a week this week huh.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, and it hasn't even ended. I I am going to be uh a.
Speaker 3: Doting father and take my little one to see the Minecraft movie this weekend. That's gonna happen. That's gonna happen. I'm okay with it. I've made my peace. She also wants to see dog Man, and I would much rather see Minecraft.
Speaker 2: So the dog Man movie gave me a freaking headache. It is so prenetic. It is crazy how quick everything moves in that movie.
Speaker 4: Gross.
Speaker 3: You know the thing about Captain Underpants and dog Man that really gets to me.
Speaker 4: Is the guy who wrote those.
Speaker 3: And I had the same dream growing up, and he drew pictures of a guy.
Speaker 4: And his underwear. And I worked really, really hard and studied and sacrificed and this is where we are.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, yeah, think about it. Let's see anything else we haven't talked about.
Speaker 3: Captain Underpants, and then to spin off like all, he's got a dog Man and it's not even Oh what a genius the conceit is dog Man is gonna suck because it was written by a kid, and then people read it like, oh, this is amazing. It's a grown man pretending to write like a child. I agonize over every word for months.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about? What's happening right now?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Super diaper baby, Jesus raised. I do have I do.
Speaker 3: Have a a great idea for a children's book, though, like Missy Elliott, copy written, so don't copy me. But the idea is for a book called Fiona the Furry Fairy, and it's about body acceptance. I'm bullying. Fiona is a fairy who's born furry, and all the other fairies make fun of her because of her fur, and she's got to learn to accept the fact that she's her suit, and with the help of some anthropomorphic animals, she learns to accept her body and love herself as a beautiful creature of the forest.
Speaker 2: And when is this releasing.
Speaker 4: I feel like I should. That's probably good, right.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's not terrible. I expected much worse when as.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you thought you were gonnae you thought it was gonna be a joke, but it's an actual Yeah. Yeah, uncle jess Kid's book.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's about a Harry Fairy.
Speaker 2: Well I don't know how you do this in a in a book, but I was gonna say to make it sound like Harry carry. Yeah.
Speaker 4: She goes to some like old fairy and he's like a.
Speaker 2: You ever saved your back? I will always love when Will did that on a not you Will Ferrell on SML and he did the what's your favorite planet? Mine's the moon.
Speaker 3: Hey, I will tell you something about hairy people. When I was in high school, my first job I worked for a flower shop, and you know, you did the flower displays and bouquets and arrangements whatnot. But we also have to take care of the greenhouses and do deliveries and go places to do like you know, esthetic landscaping. So anyway, I mean, this guy are driving and we were both in high school.
Speaker 4: I think he was a senior and I was a junior or something like that, and he's telling me about some hot eighty had going on that night.
Speaker 3: And we get back and it was like, hey, man, won't you come back to the house help me naar my back. That's a direct quote that has stuck with me for thirty years. And you know what, one of the the biggest regrets I have over these thirty years, what's that saying?
Speaker 4: No I had to go. I feel like I might have learned something about myself a lot earlier than I did.
Speaker 2: When when you were I should have let that sit longer than I didn't. I'm sorry. Yes, Chris will is on a beach right now, I am on a beach. But I got to ask the imported question. One of your duties when you were at this flower store, were you also the local fire.
Speaker 4: Marshal flower shop?
Speaker 2: Sorry flower shop, because from what I hear when they hire you for that, they say only you can prevent florist fires. Was that a reach?
Speaker 4: That was that wash? A reach.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 4: That was that was? Everything I can think of is like so filthy. I don't really want to say.
Speaker 2: It sounds thorny.
Speaker 3: Man to nerror your whole back, dub it that burns Oh God, I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: Jeez, all right, doctor Dobson, been hell of a week long show. Tonight we're gonna end on talking about nearing somebody's back.
Speaker 3: We wanted to make the show twenty percent longer for free. It's a statement. It's a statement.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, let's see any any other SFP things you want to talk about that you didn't get a chance soon the last month.
Speaker 4: Hell no, what's out? Can we say conance anything? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Thanks all the wastelands, that's the newest thing.
Speaker 3: Freck with Maxim the spooks. Check them out, check him out. Thanks everybody for hanging out.
Speaker 4: Oh devil, Sorry, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Wow uh I wish they knew why you were laughing. The other aspect, I know that right now. It's like a shit show out there surrounding all the tariff talk, and it's not a great time. If you want somewhere fun to hang out, come hang out in the Discord Patreon link in the description below. Check out the magazine. Physical Media Advocates Issue seventeen is shipping. I should have one in front of me to hold it. I got that in Subscribers to the Patreon that's been shipping this week. You should be getting it in your hands the next day or two. That's all we got, will Thanks for hanging out tonight on the beach. Thanks for bring and your sister on.
Speaker 4: Thank you all for your patience and kind hearts.
Speaker 2: And to that we say see you next Thursday. Have a good one. Thank you for watching the Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are a subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 5: Tell me.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 9: If you're looking for more horror outside of the mainstream, look no further than Unsung Horrors, a podcast about underseen horror movies.
Speaker 10: I'm Lance and I'm Erica. Every other week we'll cover a horror movie with fewer than one thousand views on Letterboxed. We'll even give you double feature recommendations to pair with the movies we discuss.
Speaker 9: From gothic to shot on video, from slashers to comedies, from Giallo to jay horror, We'll cover all the subgenres. So join us as we unearth these hidden gems of horror.
Speaker 10: Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. All At Unsung Horrors available wherever you listen to podcasts and part of the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network. Please select the link in the description.