Speaker 1: H Hi Tracy.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone. I'm Valerie Bowling and I'm the executive director of the conference Forum. I'm with the director of DEFARM, Tracy Kimball, and today we're going to talk about AI and we're doing a just a brief series of really like vignettes on what you can expect at the fifteenth annual DEFARM.
Speaker 1: This is a celebration year for US. DEFARM was launched.
Speaker 2: Obviously fifteen years ago, and it was launched really with the idea of how can we disrupt the way we do clinical research to make it far more efficient, focusing on automation ultimately focusing of course on the patient, how to reduce that burden, how to be better partners to our sites and reduce the bird to them as well. So the ultimate really the description, if you will, of the definition of disruption is how do you make something more convenient and less expensive in its simplest form, if you will. So how do we actually apply that to clinical research? And that's what DEFARM is about. So we focus on how can we bring forward innovation, new ideas, how can we leap frog these into execution and inspire the clinical trial operations community. So it is about ultimately as well modernizing way we do clinical trials. So we have a bar to reach every year, of course, and somehow we do it and Tracy leads the way on doing that. So today we want to talk about AI because obviously AI is the probably the hugest topic going. But what does it really mean? What does it really do for you? What's real, what's annoying, what's not really going to help you? That's important and we know that AI is going to be in everything. So for example, I was reading an article the other day about how AI will be in refrigerators and toasters and everyone's going to know how many times you open that fridge and turn that toaster on. Anyhow, it's our future and it's huge and it's everywhere. But what is it really doing for us in clinical trial operations? And what can we bring forward that will actually be useful and helpful in the work that you're doing. So Tracy, with that, I want to ask you if you can tell us a little bit about what we can expect for AI this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, I'd like to talk about the.
Speaker 3: Three sessions in particular, there are many sessions, as you said that we'll be talking about how clinical operations. Teams are integrating EAI machine learning throughout clinical trial operations to do just as what we've been talking about, automating and accelerating clinical trials.
Speaker 1: But we are so fortunate to have Don Tampy, who is the head of Global Introbated Clinical Data from Mark, unveiling their strategy for automating clinical trial operations. Don was just tasked with this with this.
Speaker 3: Mandate and it is a timely mandate for them that they want to accelerate, and he will be presenting on their initial validated strategy along with the initial roadmap.
Speaker 1: They have and early readouts.
Speaker 3: The exciting disruptive thing that will be happening at Defarmers will be using AI through that.
Speaker 1: Session to take the feedback.
Speaker 3: Then people will that our Defarm audience will be able to give Don throughout the session, analyze that feedbacks and report back on that during the session to kind of see how industry or our audience thinks that perhaps.
Speaker 1: The pass forward should include X, Y and D. So it's a very exciting session.
Speaker 3: We are delighted to have DONA and Mark representative bring this session to DEFARM. So that's day one, the warning of day one, and that Day two, we have to senior leadership AI sessions. The first one looking at generative AI from the perspective of lining aligning your resources with ROI. We have an excellent panel with Barry Call from Regeneron as our moderator.
Speaker 1: We have Faisal Koon who spoke last.
Speaker 3: Year at DEFARM as a panelist from nov norns, Suba Matt Hoven who is the VP of AI, and M L within R and d Cross Busor and then a new a new leader of these NASA from Insight who's the head of their AI innovations institutes, and they'll really be looking at use cases where it's being used, the impact that we're seeing on you know, costs, timelines, speed, efficiencies as well as kind of thinking about it from the perspective of you know, impacts and you know, what kind of talent will you need to have in house to to really capitalize on genit of AI.
Speaker 1: And then we'll go from that session right into another AI session that's looking at a gentic AI and what the potential how it can potentially revolutionize trial operations.
Speaker 3: Level setting sort of on you know what people are seeing as the you know the definitions of agentic AI agentic AI architecture and where it's being used, the impact and that session also has an incredible group of folks in discussing.
Speaker 1: We have Angela de.
Speaker 3: Ludegaws, the head of Global Study Operation at MJAM, as well as panelists that include Sid Hyder who is from murp AND's Room, the head of their business ITAA Partnerships, u su Bidalcaid who's the head of the AI Research Center at Gilead, and Henry Way from Regeneral's the head of development Innovation. So three really strong, exciting sessions looking at AI. So very nice job.
Speaker 2: And so we have September sixteenth and seventeenth at the Low's Philadelphia Hotel. I'm happy to say we have the whole hotel Lasty we only had part of it, so we have much more space.
Speaker 1: And the day before.
Speaker 2: DFARM, we're also running a conference called Partnerships with Sites, as well as our CRACO event, which is also having an anniversary year. It's its tenth year, and that's Clinical Research as a Care Option and they're going to share the same networking those two events because they have a lot of overlap. All right, So Tracy, thank you so much, and obviously will continue our series and looking at different sections of deforming, what it will do and how it will help folks in clinical trial operations.
Speaker 1: So thanks so much, thanks