Speaker 1: I vote yes that this is the most childish way to break up with the woman, but I also think it's outstanding. I think it is great. JB found this clip. Go ahead and set it up for everyone.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm just kind of paraphrasing in here. This guy and this girl broke up and he wanted to punk her and mess with her life, which is terrible, right, horrible m hm.
Speaker 3: And so he put up.
Speaker 2: And this was from a while back, but it's resurfaced and it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Okay, she explains the whole clip. You just play the clip. It's in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have these flyers all over and asking people to do a certain thing.
Speaker 3: She sets it up.
Speaker 1: All right here it is. And by the way, I believe this happened in Australia. You'll pick up on the accent.
Speaker 4: AND's mother has been forced to block dozens of Coles after her ex partner allegedly took her phone number and plausted on Paul's here on the same a day telling people to telling people to coal up and impusonate shrew Baka for a chance to win one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: This would be the most childish breakup I've ever had. Like all we had to do was be mature and go I don't love you anymore. I want to move on.
Speaker 4: The calls have been waking her and her three young children up at odd hours in the evening, and they yet to stop.
Speaker 3: I well, I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Phone calls at really strange hours of the night, about one o'clock till four o'clock.
Speaker 4: Forced to call back the wanna be wookies and tear down the posters.
Speaker 3: It just seems to have gotten out of hand. Joke.
Speaker 4: The twenty nine year old is determined to have the last laugh.
Speaker 5: If there's anyone out there that can do the real tobacco sund I might marry you.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's going to happen for you. Seeing your video, you might want to get some funny, get some dental work done first, your teeth, teeth.
Speaker 5: The shoe baker sounds were very funny. That is such a childish thing to do, so funny, but it's hilarious, Like what's.
Speaker 3: The thought process there? You know what I mean? But that idea, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Post papers or flyers all over town telling people to call her up and do a trabaca sound very.
Speaker 3: Funny the first thing I thought of too.
Speaker 5: And she's like, I'm making getting calls at one to four in the morning. I'm like, well, don't answer your phone, turn the ringer off, come on, there's an easy fix for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But Tricia, you can't say that because there's times where you would never turn the phone off if Landry was gone or spend the night or.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 2: Kid, I know because I have a daughter like I, I have to phone on and.
Speaker 3: Buy me speaks. I do that when she's not here.
Speaker 1: Tricia, do you want to tell everybody what made you get all weepyi'ed yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I'll get I'll get weepy. I can't look at it again.
Speaker 5: Our listener Curtis Lewis, he's been a listener for so long he and our friends On Instagram, he posted a photo black and white photo of him and his wife staying on either side of their daughter and the Rod Stewart song Forever Young was playing, and his capture. His caption was I am not ready for this? How is this happening? And I instantly started crying and weeping. I couldn't stop His daughter's going off to college. She's getting ready to leave, and it's breaking his heart that she's leaving. And I replied back to him, and I go, I am not ready for this for you. How is this happening. I've never met his baby, I don't know her, but I just can imagine that feeling of your daughter's getting ready to go.
Speaker 3: I can't. It makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Trisa and I can't have this conversation because I'm the exact opposite.
Speaker 3: And that not that I want to kick her out of the nest. I just want to.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for her to go experience the world, like go to college and have fun or do whatever, travel see the world, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Tricia would still have her on the teat if she would allow it.
Speaker 5: No, I was ready for that to part, to be like, but here's what I'm saying, you can have both emotions at the same time. Of course, I want her to have fun and do things, but I also want her to have fun at things and then come back and sleep at our house.
Speaker 3: Why is that so unreasonable?
Speaker 2: I mean, my daughter two years ago, twenty one years old, just went off to meet a friend in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Scared the hell out of me. Did you vet the person before? Did you know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, he he lives here, he grew up in Westley, he has CO citizenship. Okay, so it was it was somebody familiar. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but uh yeah, she met him over there and hung out for a couple of weeks. It's terrifying. And then this past summer she and her boyfriend just got in the car and drove to San Francisco. Like, really, yeah, that's kind of cool. It is kind of cool, but it's it's unsettling.
Speaker 5: You just yes, because she's a child who sometimes is like what do I What do I get on my subway sandwich?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, how are you gonna go and navigate the world. You have to ask me what sandwich you order? That's what does it be? Cute?
Speaker 1: I put the fear life in her when she was about seven and asked me what she got on her jersey Mike sandwich.
Speaker 3: And I was like, Landry, you're seven years old.
Speaker 1: This is seven last time I'm going to tell you what you get on your jersey.
Speaker 3: And she has never asked me again, and.
Speaker 5: She me, you were scary for her at seven, harsh for seven there seven.
Speaker 1: Man, Raise them right, raise them strong, and rais right. You gotta you know, I didn't know who the boss is. Every once in a while there isn't Landry just ruttens Trisha over.
Speaker 3: She thinks she does. Sometimes she does, but it's usually the opposite. Usually daughters get to walk all over their dads. Yeah, I don't put up with it. And then and then the mom puts the foot down. Yeah, but she's sneaky.
Speaker 5: Yeah she's sneaky. I she basically wears me down. It's it's I said this yesterday, but I'll say it again. It's a pillow that my grandmother had. Raising kids is like being pecked to death by chickens.
Speaker 3: A little reminder, ricketing. Yeah it's not.
Speaker 5: Sandy jumps in on like the big things. I get the pecking on the day to day basis one.
Speaker 3: O three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's sandy and spring is springing in central Texas. Yeah it's not one hundred degrees yet, but March means that summer energy bills are right around the corner. In some years, springtime also means lots of wind and some wild weather. You know, just thinking about that, makes me think about the importance of my roof. You know, the roof protects your house, you know the house that you raise your family in. Well, my friends Scott and Stacy Feller and their team at Kangaroof they're great people.
Speaker 3: They take care of all my roofing needs. They've done it for years.
Speaker 1: They'll do the same for families across Central Texas and have for more than two decades. With so much riding on your roof, don't leave it to chance. Choose a roofing company that you know, a company that's gonna be there, standing behind their work through thick and thin, no matter what Central Texas weather throws at us. Scott and Stacy and all the fine folks at Kangaroof do great works that you can trust. So give them a call. They hop to it. Find them online at call kangaroof dot com. Trust me, kangaroof will treat you right. Find them online at call kingararoof dot com. You guys, remember we were talking about the girl in Australia that put the sign up that said single and pointed down at her at a rugby game. Yeah, I posted the video of us talking about it on Instagram. And I tagged her in it and she saw it and she's like this, and then posted it on her Instagram story. The saga continues about her and my friend requested her and she accepted it. And her name is Shiloh Reid and looking at her photos, I don't know how she's single.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's a gorgeous girl.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was really funny that it reached all the way over there in Australia.
Speaker 3: It's such a small world now, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It is all because if you haven't seen that, check it out on our Facebook page, the JB and Sandy Morning Schoff Stories.
Speaker 6: We love so some parents, and I am one of these parents, think that kids these days are way too coddled, not allowed to have as many adventures, maybe as we were allowed to back in the day when helicopter parenting wasn't a thing. And apparently parents in the Netherlands think the same thing because they're talking about making playgrounds less safe for children in a weird way. They're not talking about leaving like rested slides outside, but they're talking about adding more like areas that, for instance, swords wooden swords for kids to be able to have swords, fights, outdoor play areas, places to climb up high because parents right now are so worried about kids climbing up high and then falling off. Everything is super soft and padded, places to play with water, And here they say fire. I'm not sure if I agree with the fire part of this, but to have access to hammers to build things, surely they're talking about kids. Hammers just not such a safe, soft environment where no risk is taken and no child ever experiences any kind of discomfort or injury.
Speaker 2: Right, everybody you know our age knew a kid who broke their arm on the monkey bars.
Speaker 1: Yes, given, Yeah, it was given. Hey, when Landry was in what grade? Was she in third or fourth grade?
Speaker 3: Trying shutting? Fourth grade? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I went up to pick her up at school and they were outside at the end of the school day, and she came out and she was like, can I just play on the on the monkey bars for a little bit. I'm like, yeah, sure, no problem, whatever, have knocked yourself out. So she gets up there and she's doing the thing across and I'm watching her, and all of a sudden, she falls off of it, like the top part of her went down first, like she's a little top heavy, and I thought, oh, she'll be fine, She'll be fine, until she stood up and turned around and her elbow was on backwards. It was the pointy part of her elbow was turned all.
Speaker 3: The weight in pointing. Did a freak Corrol. I was like, holy corp.
Speaker 1: And I tried not to freak out because I freaked out she'd freak out. And then I knew if I called Tricia, she was going to freak out. So I had a bunch of freak out going on and I didn't want that. So anyway, Yeah, we had to take her to the emergency medicine place and they put a cast on it, and emergency whatever whatever it's called.
Speaker 3: What is it called, I don't care. That's just funny. Yeah, funny.
Speaker 5: But you said when she straightened her arm at it popped back into place, right, Yeah, Yeah, she did to wear a cast for like six You called me and I wigged. I drove so fast it was a good thing. I wasn't there had passed out and thrown up.
Speaker 1: Going back to the story, did you say this is happening in the Netherlands.
Speaker 5: In the Netherlands, there's a proposal to do this, because they're saying that risk taking clay lets kids figure out what their boundaries are, like what there, how far they're willing to push themselves, like better not do this, like to give a chance for that self preservation instinct to kick in, like I better not jump off this, it's too high right now, They're never put in any of those situations because everything is foam and saw.
Speaker 1: Think back to the playgrounds you guys played on as children. I mean that's pretty reckless, I mean pretty dangerous spots right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there was no safety put in place.
Speaker 2: The little ferris wheel things that we see how fast you could get spinning so your friends couldn't even hang on anymore?
Speaker 3: Or you Marry go round, Marry go round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ferris wheel is at that carnal never mind, Merry go round, get that thing going, like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, terrifying we had at the daycare.
Speaker 5: I stayed at three poles that went up and met at the top. I'm telling you, at least thirty feet off the ground, and we would just climb up them and sit up there and hang upside down off of them, just concrete below us.
Speaker 3: Never anybody ever thought it was dangerous jumping out of the swing. How much did kill you that? Yes, ran new knees. That's not knees that we could do that on now.
Speaker 5: Those were fresh knees because you just land on the ground.
Speaker 3: I remember the swings I used the swing.
Speaker 1: My mom bought me a pair of shoes that I hated, and she made me wear them to school. So the entire recess when I was swinging, I was dragging.
Speaker 3: The shoes on the concrete. Oh, I was sorry I did that. She didn't care.
Speaker 1: She's like, you're wearing those shoes, kid, and I just had to wear them. But I remember once like there was a playground outside of the on base at the b X, which is just where you shop, and I was out there playing once and I got was on top of the swing set, you know, up where it's connected the boss bar. I was up there and I fell and as I was going down, I got all wrapped up in the chains of the swing and they're like wrapped around my legs and stuff.
Speaker 3: And I didn't hit the ground. I was just hanging there and I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: I looked up and some guy, I have no idea who he was, saw what was going on and just ran over there and grabbed me and untangled my legs and put me on the ground.
Speaker 3: Life saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another way, But I think kids need to be in a little They need to get scared every once in a while, test the limits, the boundaries a little bit.
Speaker 2: My daughter was always kind of a daredevil and people would look at it.
Speaker 3: Remember crazy letting her do it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you remember the time we launched her off with the blob at my house on the lane?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: My god, we talked about that so often.
Speaker 1: Oh, we had this giant Okay, so we lived on Lake Travis and Valente for like fifteen years, and we lived on the water and on our boat dock off of it.
Speaker 3: We've got a giant water trampoline and a blog.
Speaker 1: Then you jump on one end of the blog and it shoots the person up in the air, which ninety nine percent of the time it was a disappointment.
Speaker 3: Not when Raley Hager got it. She was probably what sixty pounds at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know if you jumped on the one end or if I did, or we both did.
Speaker 3: It was a bit. I thought she'd never come down. She went up so high.
Speaker 5: Nobody has ever gone that high on a blob ever in the.
Speaker 3: History of blob.
Speaker 2: What's funny is after that, you know, she went i think four years to Camp Longhorn, and that is all the rage.
Speaker 3: Camp Longhrn is the blob. They're all about the blob.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they's a blob at Landry's camp. But yeah, I remember being in the water and linking up.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this is not good. She's still going like I remember being. It was like slow motion.
Speaker 2: When we were so she was ten and we were at the Wake Surf World Championships for the first time, or this was Nationals in Georgia, and they have this purpose built venue out on the water where it's a tall roof and then a broadcast booth on top of it, so it's really like three stories. And at the end of the event, a bunch of the young guys, like she was only ten, so most of these people are young adults, and so all these guys they're in their young twenties, competitors, and they found a ladder access to get on the roof and they were jumping off, so it's really like a three story jump and people were coming running to us, like.
Speaker 3: Raleigh's with the boys and she's going to jump off the roof and I'm like, yep, of course she is. That's awesome. She had a blast. Yeah, lived, And she's let kids.
Speaker 1: Gin their knees, right. You know, you don't want them lighting themselves on fire or anything like that, but let them skin their knees.
Speaker 3: They'll learn that, yeah,