Speaker 1: I wasn't showing up to spring training if this guy wasn't here. And here he is, and the same locker as last year, with the same smile, the same great beard, and the same great spirit. The one and only tai Oscar Hernandez. Thanks a lot for the.
Speaker 2: Time, Thank you, thank you for having me, I mean, happy to be here, be able to sign back, and you know, enjoy everything that they seem.
Speaker 1: Us even with soggy grapes. Tail has a great smile on his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you have to enjoy anything anything, I mean not everything's gonna be the way you want it to be, but you have to enjoy it while you can.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love talking baseball with you, and you're kind enough to share what's in your locker. You have two brand new gloves with two different shades of color. So how do you make a decision that you're going to give up the glove that you've been wearing for four years?
Speaker 2: Not giving up yet, not yet. I still have to break this too down, obviously getting to be ready for the games. Yeah, I still hot. Mine, mine is in here, is not gonna go away. It's not gonna go away.
Speaker 1: Now, you said you've had that for four years and you never had to relace.
Speaker 2: More than four years. I think it is. But yes, still good to go. Never change the lasers or anything. It's gonna be rocking this year too.
Speaker 1: Hey. I love how you remembered when you had that glove when your son was born, and I think you have his name on that.
Speaker 2: Glove still the first two there and here at the Oscar Junior and Mattheo. Nice Julian wasn't born when when I get the gloves, only Mattheo was born in theale, and that's why I know the glove is four years old.
Speaker 1: Taoscar, you have such a great perspective and spirit about Life's being a father a big reason why you know how to keep baseball in the right perspective.
Speaker 2: You know, I was like that even before I had my kids. Uh, when I gott of the field, out of the field, it's more like now I'm the husband, it's not about the baseball player. So anything that have to do with baseball to stay at the stadium or at the facility. So now it's time to be a regular person, husband, a son, his family time, not baseball time.
Speaker 1: And if you follow ta Oscar Hernandez on his Instagram. You see that he's a very spiritual person. I'm sure that's a big reason why too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm a big believer, always trying to share something from the Bible to those persons that maybe don also have the sign wh doesn't know anything about God or the Bible. So I feel like it's been a heart on my life right now and I'm gonna keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I try to read the scriptures in Spanish. That's how you post it. I'm trying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, I have to figure it out, trying to find a way to put it an English.
Speaker 1: To keep it as Spanish. You could teach us a lot of different things just by following Taoscar Hernandez a great man, a great teammate. And you're back and a lot of guys are back this year to try to defend this championship. What's the vibe in the clubhouse this year?
Speaker 2: It was amazing. You know, the new guys, they're hungry, they want to win. They have the spirit to come here and be able to work every day every day and get better every day and do the things that they need to do to be ready. And it feels like they've been a part of this team for a long time now, and you know, in this together and we're going for that trophy again.
Speaker 1: Last year at this time, you and Otani went viral on media Day. Have you had a lot of time to spend with him this spring or is he too busy trying to pitch again?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm trying to let him be to get ready to do his rehab from his shoulder and finishing the one from the elbow. You know, I know he has a lot of things to do this year, a lot of things to think about, So I'm not pushing too much trying to talk to him or you know, have some good time in the clause or but definitely we will and during the season.
Speaker 1: All right, before I let you go, are we bringing back the Seeds this year? You got to keep it going, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one hundred percent that I'm gonna bring back the Seeds. Maybe we add something to it, I don't know, something better, something to have more fun and you know, to enjoy the game.
Speaker 1: All right, taoscar thank you for the time. Great to see you. You know, Los Angeles loves you. You saw that at the parade. You saw that at dodger Fest and too takes a lotosking you