Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety Holy.
Speaker 2: Crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we are get off our show.
Speaker 1: Idiots.
Speaker 2: The kids are playing or turn at.
Speaker 1: The coaches are screwing it up.
Speaker 3: Gold Play Inner Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here? Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me? Now? Here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to say it. Thursday is the new Friday. At least it is for me. At least it is for this show, because it feels like a Friday, and that used to be a thing. I would be like, damn, it's not Friday. We got another but no vibes are gonna be good today, Tomorrow, the weekend good stuff. I mean, we got football tonight. John's going to Louder than Life and we should, uh, we should have some fun the next uh, the next few days. But today, from three to six, we're gonna get down to business. This is a professional sports talk show. We can say that it's professional because we get paid to do it right, Like, doesn't that make it professional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I put on a clip on tie every time we get rolling, too. That makes it very professional.
Speaker 2: Do you have you Do you own a clip on tie?
Speaker 3: I don't think I do it. Are they still a thing they were whenever I was you had one in early high school?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're a kid, it makes a little more sense. I feel like I'm not. I don't know. Maybe they just make them a lot better now, but clip on ties, and I don't know how to tie a tie. I have a fat neck and a small head. Uh So you know, even if a tie, I just it looks any tie looks as if like I'm about like my head's just about to pop off. But I used to feel like I could. I had a pretty good radar for spotting a tie that was legit and a tie that was a clip on. So maybe they've made him better or I think they might have disappeared. But if we had to wear a tie, we wouldn't do this right, Like that wouldn't be fune really suck.
Speaker 3: And I bet back in the day, whenever radio was in its infancy, I bet there were people who showed up and spoke into a microphone with a suit and tie on yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure there still are some people that do that, and you know, props to them. They're they're i mean, they're the real pros. We're just like we're semi pro right, Yeah, that's what we are, Like willbe Crow, Yeah, that's right. So it's Coffee and Company fiel Beeth Thorton's and this is Sports Talk seven ninety and we're taking you up till six o'clock Nick Coffee. That's me the company man, John on alongside. And if you want to take us with you wherever you go, whatever it is you're doing, you can do it. You can listen live on the Aheart Radio app Listen live at seven ninety Louisville dot Com. A couple guests set to join us today. We will talk coming up here at four oh five with a young man making his debut here. I'm sure he's excited and I mean it's a big deal to be a part of this show. Coffee and Company. Tyler Horka Blue Andgold dot Com covers the Irish very curious to get his thoughts on the matchup as far as how you know they're looking at Louisville, because you know, I've seen some and I've heard some when it comes to the Notre Dame talking heads out there that have podcasts, and I don't know if there's any sports radio up in South Bend. It's not much of a market, but you know they do have Notre Dame. So they're not like disrespecting Louisville as if they are going to blow the doors off of Louisville. But it's more just about realizing how important it is for Notre Dame here because a loss, really a loss anywhere, any any anyway, would eliminate them.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Like again, I keep getting triggered John, because I'm seeing people act as if Notre Dame, like right now, is still position position to potentially be in and I don't think that should be. I mean, I don't think that's the case at all. But like any loss to anybody would eliminate them, right I would think a two lost team without a chance to win a league and one of their losses is terrible, like they'd be done. They should just close up shop the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: There's going to be too many teams in the SEC and really the Big Ten, specifically both of those two conferences that are going to get at large bids that are probably going to keep Notre Dame. Even if they did somehow go ten and two, that would keep Notre Dame from getting in the playoff fie.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think eleven and one if your wins don't end up being really cause they this is really bad for Notre Dame. And this is a factor in why it's such a big game for them, and I think the reason this one. I mean, I don't think they're going to do this each and every week because they realize, you know, that would mean their backs against the wall. There's no doubt about it. And Louisville is a top fifteen team right now. Louisville on paper is again on paper. We'll see where Louisville really stands on Saturday, but it's the toughest challenge yet and it would give them another really good win because they have the win against Texas A and M on the road. So you know, I think what I'm hearing as far as noise from the Notre Dame side, it's mostly just about the significance of this game, and you know, they gotta win. I mean, they got to win them all, but this one is probably the most Losable they have left as far as their home schedule, and you know it would be a big win for him. And that doesn't mean, you know, Notre Dame's looking at Louisville like their super Bowl. But right now, it's early. It's too early to know really where a lot of teams truly are. But Louisville is one of those teams for sure that here we are at the end of September, and I think we have an idea who they are. But this challenge here at Notre Dame South Bend, I mean, this is a bigger challenge than what they had last week against Georgia Tech. So I'm excited. I'm just ready for the damn game to start. They're wearing green. They've announced they're gonna wear their green uniforms, which I don't know why that's such a big deal. I mean, maybe that's a rare thing. They never wear them, but I mean throughout the week I saw some people reporting on it, those who cover Notre Dame. Marcus Freeman says the captains the seniors have yet to decide what color they're gonna wear, and then breaking news they're wearing the green, and I'm like, oh, Okay, like you know what I mean. Cool, But like that's usually you see the official act for the team and the program like put out a Uni thread picture. It's rarely something that gets, you know, the coverage of the beat Riders. Got to make sure everybody knows what color uniform they're going to wear. It's kind of odd. But anyways, we'll talk about this matchup and get the perspective from the Notre Dame side, coming up here at four oh five with Tyler horka Blue Andgold dot Com. We'll also talk to our man, Kent Spencer from WHAS eleven. He'll join us at five oh five. And I felt bad because Kent, you know, usually Fridays, I try not to get him on Fridays because Friday's busy day. They've got high school football coverage. And then I realized, after I've written him a text asking if you wanted to come on today, that they've shifted that. In fact, this is unusual to me, so high school football a lot of schools. In fact, let me pull it up here because WDRB just had a write up about it. Yeah, so apparently there are nineteen, at least nineteen high school football games in Kentucky have been moved to Thursday night instead of Friday. So this is not a well, I guess this generation's getting soft. They can't play football.
Speaker 1: In the rain.
Speaker 2: Back in my day, we would, you know, we would. I don't know, you know what I mean, Like, that's not what I'm not trying to sound like that guy, but it is unusual to see them call it off for rain. Now. I guess winds gonna be a big deal. I mean, John, you just told me you don't think we're going to have Louder than Life tomorrow because of the weather. I mean, were just talking about a lot of rain. We'd be looking at here there.
Speaker 3: So and again I'm obviously not a meteorologist. I'm not spoken with anybody with Louder than Life, of course, but they're expecting not only rain literally from eleven pm tonight throughout the entirety of the day tomorrow, but they're also expecting forty to fifty mile per hour winds potentially.
Speaker 2: So the wind is what really, that's the kick it right and the flooding right, A couple of inches of rain potentially, because because you can play football in the rain, it's just lightning and whatnot, that they would actually say you're not allowed to play. Now, nobody would want to be out. I mean, nobody would want to be outside watching their kids play high school football in the rain. And I'm sure once you're a player, you know, you probably feel like you'd be more of your natural self and your team would have a better chance of executing if the conditions are better than nothing but rain and a flooded field. But I guess, like I don't know again now I am kind of shifting into uh badass mode here, thinking this generation's gone soft because I mean, maybe my team would have had a better record if we didn't have to play when it was windy outside. You know, I'd like may in high school, maybe my Northwood Eagles would have had better seasons. They just called, you know, a little wind and rain, we gotta, we gotta. I mean, come on, now, I'm joking because I don't I really don't care when they play football. But it's just I thought unusual to see everybody just say, Okay, here we go, We're gonna do Thursday instead because of how bad it could potentially be. I've never seen a high school football game be called because of rain or wind now doesn't mean it hadn't happened. It's just, you know, it's not something I've heard of before. But overall, like convenience, I mean, if you, I mean, I'm sure both sides, if you're the visiting team or the home team and you and you knew this weather was on the way as of Monday or Tuesday, I'm sure both sides would feel better about playing in better conditions because again, like it would be miserable for everybody. But as you know, now that we've talked through it, I think this generation has gotten soft.
Speaker 3: They can't handle Hurricane Helene coming through.
Speaker 2: Helene. It's a rare name. You know any Helenes.
Speaker 3: I don't me either.
Speaker 2: In fact, I don't know if I've ever heard that name. Maybe I have, it just never registered. I know a Helen. My Madma is Helen, and she's a sweet lady.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a TV character that's known as Helene that I'm not you knowing what show she's from or whatever could be. Who knows.
Speaker 2: So you know, I John winked at me earlier. He doesn't want to say it, but he does know. They've called off Louder than life for tomorrow. He just doesn't want to be the guy that he doesn't want to be the guy that has to tell everybody the bad news.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, imagine if I was that spokesperson right here, seven ninety.
Speaker 2: You're more qualified than most man. This is your this is your time to shine.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like, you're not a metal head, are you? And if you are, that's cool. I'm not your stereotypical metal head. What's a stereotypical metal like?
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not going full throttle as they say, I'm not putting on the makeup. I'm not. I don't really look the part as they say. But I'll listen to a lot of that style of music.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's not because like you just don't want to Like, that's just not you, right.
Speaker 3: It's just not me. You just during too the music I came in with, you know, a chain around my neck and maybe some like biker gloves and maybe some some gothic face paint. Today you might think very weird of me.
Speaker 2: Is it insulting to say that this event, there's a lot of it that it really kind of is costplay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's not insulting because you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't know. Like sometimes like when you call somebody a costplay version of something, you're kind of you know, you're kind of saying that they're, you know, dressing up like Halloween or something.
Speaker 3: I feel like with any festival, no matter what the theme of the the music is, I feel like costplay, there's a stacked in age. Yeah, there's It's always part of it.
Speaker 2: Nowadays people wear cowboy boots and cowboy hats to see country music and they would never wear that in any other time in their life. I mean, that's that's I mean, it's not the same thing, but it's the same thing, right, Yes, I mean it is. That's that's the way I see it. So if you are going to uh a lotder than lifet and that, I hope you have a good time, and I hope you stay dry. I thought, look like we were gonna get some rain, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: The rain's gonna hold off tonight, but the you know, tomorrow might be a different story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if we get that much rain, I mean, would that ruin the next two days?
Speaker 3: And that that's that's you know, the question. If apparently they've taken care of the grounds to whereas of now, they're not expecting anything like that to happen. But you know, I wouldn't be willing to bet.
Speaker 2: How can you take care of the grounds with that much? Like what are you doing to the grounds? I would love to know what they're I mean, like, I don't even know how that's possible. It's in the grass, is it not?
Speaker 3: They're not gravel. They do have a big gravel set up near the front of the two main stages that makes a different part behind all the sound systems and stuff that's all grass, and that could become an issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm just thinking if we get the rain that they're expecting, you know, for roughly a twenty four hour window of time, like it's gonna be muddy everywhere.
Speaker 3: Like if I I feel predicting, I predict they don't have the show tomorrow's.
Speaker 2: But they wouldn't just call it off. They would just do the next day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they've done that, Danny Wimmer's done that at as festivals before. I know how they would handle it, you know, in terms of like what they would do for those who had day passes, specifically for Friday, maybe they would grant them a different day. But who knows.
Speaker 2: It would be a real punch to the gut for Danny because they they moved to this place specifically to be better prepared. If than fact, there's a lots yes, and now we've got and this will be the test.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and whether you know, we've got the Highland Festival grounds as we keep mentioning if they can hold up to this weather coming through.
Speaker 2: I mean Helene has now strengthened to a Category three hurricane as it races towards Florida. That's the headline here at WDRB, So I wouldn't be I forgot about the gravel part of it, that there's a I mean, really the main stage is there more than one main stage the two there's the.
Speaker 3: Two dueling main stages that are right next to each other, but then you have the smaller ones in the back. That's where all the grass is.
Speaker 2: So where the gravel is I feel like, I mean, that makes it to where that makes me feel like they'll they won't call it off because they have that. I mean, but I don't know, like if winds are crazy, it's.
Speaker 3: Like Woodstock ninety nine or and I know that wasn't weather related but you know, that's a whole another story and of itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's a bummer. I hope it's not as severe as they say around here, but we shall see. But yeah, it looks I mean, I'm reading here in the this is catastrophic storm surge in southeastern parts of the United States. So I guess us it's just going to be seeing a lot of wind and rain from that over these next few days. I mean, South Bend is pretty far away, like, that's not southern Indiana by any means. I'm just curious what the conditions will be in that area. I mean, I don't know what is it five hours away roughly? Maybe not that not fair.
Speaker 3: I think you're right on the money.
Speaker 2: Maybe four something like that. So we got some football tonight, I mean, once again, a very bad slate for Thursday night football. In the college game Army Temple game. I'm not going to Usually I would talk myself into trying to wager on that. I'm not going to touch that, and it's tonight. NFL we got the Cowboys and Giants, two big brands in the National Football League historically, but neither are in great shape right now. Cowboys got off to a phenomenal start against the Browns, looking like they you know, in one game. It's not a lot of data to analyze, but in that one game, after Dak signed and got the big bag, he looked great. And then since then they've stunk the Giants. I mean, they were terrible in their first couple of games. I think they ended up winning last week because again, teams who looked good in the first couple of weeks all lost, and teams who you know, looked awful found the way to win like you would get We'll get to this later, because there are some wild numbers from the NFL that I want to that I want to sprinkle in here and there. I don't want to do a whole segment and go full pointdexter on you and just start, you know, yapping about yapping about stats. But the biggest favorites there were four teams, the four teams that had the biggest spreads as far as they were on the winning side of during this past week week three of the NFL, all four of them lost outright. Think about that, the biggest favorites all lost straight up. I mean, I feel like that's something that may have never happened before. It's not. I mean, I would say if the two biggest favorites, that would be rare, but still not like crazy if you see it happen. But that's that's crazy stuff, it really is. So anyways, uh, you know, I don't know if it's one of the bigger games of the weekend, you know when I and by the way, with Louisville Notre Dame, it's been great these last couple of these last couple of weeks because last week it just felt like, Okay, we actually have a real game against a real team. There's excitement. Now it's knowing that you have a game that other people care about, Like it's nice to see for the first time this year as we're a month end of the season that you know, these people who cover the sport nationally that are always you know, they're not going to cover every game extensively as far as what they think is going to happen with analysis, picks, predictions, that kind of stuff, but certainly this one is featured by just about everybody. And you know, there's some confidence in Louisville that I you know, I'm not surprised by. But again, I just let me see if we got any update here on the line. I haven't seen it move in the last couple of days. I think it's still Notre Dame minus six, which that's not egregious, that's not insulting. I mean it is Notre Dame at their place, and I know Northern Illinois beat them, but still that doesn't mean wins are going to be super easy to come by for anybody. I mean, even when Notre Dame was bad, it wasn't as if they just started losing every game they played at home. But yeah, as of right now, we're still looking at let's see here, where is it on this big board of games. I can't seem to fund it. They take it off. They must have taken it off because they know Louisvell is gonna win. It's six and a half. It is Louisville plus six and a half. So I'm not going to touch it. But as of yesterday, I'll check later on and see if there's any changes. I doubt that there is. But as yesterday, anybody who is touching this game in regards to the spread or the money line, more than ninety percent are all in on the So if you hear that coach Brom, you got some motivation if you need it. I don't think he needs it, though I think he's ready. I mean, keep in mind, this is a big deal for Jeff to go to Notre Dame and take Louisville there because of, you know, his Catholic connection. We talked about it earlier in the week. I mean, he was recruited to go to Notre Dame and I'm sure he would have probably gone there had situation not been a little bit different where they had already signed the number one quarterback in the country, and obviously, you know Oscar Brom was wanting his oldest to stay home, and then of course Brian's connection. So here's what I do. I feel really confident in saying they're gonna be ready to play. Does that mean they win? I don't know. I also feel confident in saying that it's become quite clear. I heard a little bit of Coach Brom's radio show and we talked a little bit about this yesterday. With Notre Dame. I mean, you're just gonna have to make Riley Leonard beat you, and he is more of a threat to take off and run than I had realized. And that has easily been I think at this point, like if there's one thing that let's put it this way. If you are an opposing team and you've watched Louisville in these first three games, you're probably gonna throw away the first two tapes because there's really nothing to take from that. And then against Georgia Tech, Haines King got loose a little bit and he's good at doing that, but so is Riley Leonard. So if I'm an opposing coach and I'm looking at an area that I would say Louisville might be vulnerable, it is that your quarterback, you know, can be in the pocket and then just kind of find find a time to take off and keep a drive alive. So you know that's going to be an emphasis for Louisville to try to prevent that from happening. And if they do that and they can contain the run, get some stops to where they have to make Riley Leonard use his arm. It's not as if he's incapable. It's not as if he is a terrible guy when it comes to sitting in the pocket making throws. It's just he's not consistent, and you know, I haven't. You know, I don't really look a whole lot at like the QBR and the deep dive analytics for quarterbacks. But you know, I don't think anybody would tell you that this guy has been a great investment for Notre Dame at this point. I mean, I wouldn't put the loss to Northern Illinois on him, but you know, he's one of the guys at this point that I would put in the mix. So, okay, yeah, you went and got a guy who's played a lot of football and he had success at Duke, and you knew the were other schools that wanted him. But like, do you feel like you got what you were wanting? Do you feel like it was a good investment? And there's a lot of those guys right now that that are in that group, but a lot of football to be played. And as I say that, maybe that means Riley Leonard is about to, you know, put together the best game of his career. I hope not, but we shall see. On the Kentucky side, you know this Old Miss game, I think right now Ole Miss is fired up and Matt Jones is responsible for that. And it's I mean, I don't think he said anything egregious. But there was a clip we may, we may, we may play it later, although some people they conbust if I play Matt Jones sound on this on this show, even though it's pretty well known. I'm I'm I'm friends with Matt, and I get why you don't like him. I get why you think he's the worst, because you know he's he's big Blue Jesus and a lot of you that listen to this show are Cards fans. But you know, I don't. I don't look at him that way because again, it's just different. But he was talking about the crowd at Ole Miss. Did you hear about this? John?
Speaker 3: I saw some of the social media interaction that took place.
Speaker 2: So there's a Matt Jones versus Matt Jones. There's are Matt Jones that is an Old Miss running back that is I think their second leading rusher and has had a pretty good season so far, started as a walk on. And then there's a Matt Jones radio host here in Kentucky. So his clip talking about the Ole Miss atmosphere went I guess viral. I mean, maybe that's a stretch, but like Old Miss fans heard the clip of him talking about their environment as if it's not that tough of a place to play, and like, oh they're they're you know there. I think that's incentivized them to show up even more ready to be loud. And we'll get to it later because I don't think Matt said anything that is not true as far as really anything. However, I did hear him talk about it a little bit yesterday and he was like, well, I just said that it's not one of the toughest places to play in the SEC. Why that's a fact. And he's right, and Old miss fans may not want to accept that, but that's the truth. Nobody would ever say, oh good, what are you gonna do when you go to Oxford. He did describe the lady robbing crowd that they don't have as many fans that kind of stuff, and maybe all that's true, but like they're really good now. And I didn't realize this, but I think they broke a record like last week for attendance against you know, a nobody, So they're fired up, they're ready. I mean, this is as good as Old missus Ben. And if they were gonna maybe slow, if they were gonna maybe show up sleepwalking because it's eleven am their time. I think Matts has lit a fire under their fan base. It'll have nothing to do with the actual game, but it's stuff like that that makes college football fun. You know, they're showing They're gonna get in their cars in Oxford, Mississippi and head into tailgate chip on their shoulder. This Matt Jones guy in Kentucky thinks we're not We're not showing up. He thinks we're not a tough place to play. He's gonna learn today. Littally, they know Matt won't be playing in the game, although I do think you'll be there. But Ole miss is in a weird spot because they are honestly as good as they've ever been in my lifetime. And you know, they have such a week schedule in the non conference that like they can't slip up. But this is also their first real test. I mean, I think their roster uh is is in a good spot as far as who they added in the portal and Langkiffin's a hell of a coach. But if I was a Kentucky fan, I wouldn't feel like we were going to go win, but would I would know that, Hey, you got a chance to kind of maybe put them, not put them on their heels early. But they're going to be seeing a different especially defensively, They're going to be seeing something they haven't seen at any point this year. And again we're in late September now, so again I can't tell if Kentucky fans have like kind of checked out, if they're waiting to maybe see if they get killed tomorrow and then they'll just shift all attention to Mark Pope in his first year. But they're not expected to win, but they've gotten used to, you know, being better than they've ever been. But if they just start, like how long it used to be used to be doable if they would play competitively against good teams like did against Georgia. But if they get hammered in Oxford and they moved to two and three on the year, oh and three in the ACC, like, it doesn't mean their fans are going to completely check out and not watch a game the rest of the year. But you'll be five games in and I don't know, I think it'll turn out to where you are as apathetic as you've been, just because previously Stoops had it to where like at minimum you were getting seven wins, and I think that still looks to be very tough for them. But anyways, let's take a quick break. We'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. It's a Thursday. I was almost about to say it was Friday, but it's not. But again, maybe it is because I think Thursday's the new Friday. That's the way I'm approaching it.
Speaker 3: Stick with us.
Speaker 2: It's coffee and company. We are feel about Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. So my good buddy Ron is the athletic director at our alma mater, and he was listening to the show and he's provided some good insight here as far as the moving the games to Thursday. A lot of schools, he says, moved games may have that move games may have grass fields that are used for multiple sports, and if you play tomorrow on those grass fields with those conditions, it could ruin those fields for the rest of the season. It would just be mud, which again makes a lot of sense. So turf, and I don't know how many high school fields are are turf now. I think a lot of them are, but I could be wrong on that. You know, you just got to worry about you worry about wind and another thing that you know makes sense that there are some obvious reasons that they would do this because you know, I'm not an athletic director. I don't. They're clearly much more qualified and to know how to handle this. But you only get what ten games a year in high school football, I think, and it sounds he mentioned scheduling is just almost impossible with football, which makes sense. So now we know, and thank you Ron. Now I can tell people why why there's you know, why you would move it from from Friday to Thursdays.
Speaker 3: It's not because people are just a bunch of pansies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. So but man, if if we go in t I like, I mean, nothing I can do about it. They got to make sure kids are safe. Kids got to go to a bus stop if there's eighty mile an hour wind and they just get I didn't leave earth like that would be that wouldn't be ideal.
Speaker 3: For the for the for the school system, like it's of oz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know those are things that like, you know, you got to keep in mind. But we have a buddy in our group text which I don't nobody cares about this. But he he like all most of us, he's a parent, and look, it's inconvenient whenever you just randomly don't your kid doesn't have to go to school because you have to scramble. And you know, for some of people, I'm sure they have a convenient thing to where they Okay, if we don't have school because of a snow day or whatever, I'm gonna send my kid to their grandparents' house or something. Or they've got a sibling that's a high schooler and and they're old enough to watch everybody. So, uh, everybody's situation is different, but for the lot of for a lot of people, myself included, like, it's not convenient. But he's always given my buddy, my buddy Scott, I'll just say his name. He's always given those in our friend group that work in the school system a tough time because of the decisions that are made by the board, which, by the way, like it has nothing to do with our friends who are at directors and assistant principles and whatnot, because you know, they don't make those decisions. They work for a school, not for the actual you know, the school system. But he's also right like it's such a hard oh thing to say we didn't deal with that back because it's He's right, like by we would never lose, we would never not go to school because of wind. And I'm sure we had really windy, windy conditions, but like you know, now we have the ability to you know, do school at home, which and.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's so much about the wind specific I mean, it would be wind caused, but I think it's more about the fear of power outages, and if there are outages overnight, I think that's when it becomes a real problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you know, depending on where you live, Like there's certain areas that if the it doesn't have to be a where your whole city's flooded, but there could be good there could be areas with high water to where your bus wouldn't even be able to get there, you know what I mean. So anyways, I'm not going to look at this list right now, but I did pull it up here and we'll get to it later because it sounds like just the weather experts, the meteorologists nationally here have given a list of games that are going to be going on in college football that may not happen if the conditions are that bad, all right, it's coffee and company. If you'l a boy Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety, don't forget to sign up to become a member of the Refreshing Awards program. If you have not yet, you'll save money at the gas pump and you'll be living life better than those that are not members of the Refreshing Awards program. So again, Refreshing Awards dot com. If you just search for Thornton's or search Refreshing Awards in your app store, Android or iPhone, you'll be good to go. All right, let's talk about my friends at the Jefferson Animal Hospital, shall we? And you know I've been bragging on them for quite some time, and this is sort of what happens when you partner with a great company like the Jefferson Animal Hospital. People who have had great experiences with certain companies, what do they want to do? They want to tell you about it. I've had a couple of people tell me that, you know, they and this is not a good story by any means, but they you know, they had to they had to put their pet down, and that's sad, right, But they wanted me to know just how great professional courteous. Uh this The staff was a Jefferson animal hospital, So like, nobody wants to do that, but you if you do ever get to that point, it's nice to know that, you know, this is something that for them, it's probably you know, it's what they do, you know, but they can they can help you, I mean as best they can. Maybe you're inconsolable, and if so, I get it, because this is really that's a really sad thing. But a couple of people have shared their experience and and mentioned that you know, despite the awful circumstance, it was still it was it was done well, and they were bragging on them. And I didn't realize this. My dad, his dog had had had passed away actually while on the way to the Jefferstonnaal Hospital a few years ago. I knew this had happened, but I didn't know where he had gone. He was sharing that with me. So shout out to Jeffersonnimal Hospital. If you don't have a plan, and nobody has a plan for an emergency, because those that's that's why it's an emergency. But just know that if an emergency does occur with your pet, the plan should be to get them to Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer Loop as soon as possible. They've been doing this for a long time, folks. They've been in business for forty four years, open every single day, even on Christmas. They've got a doctor on staff that is there in case something happens to your pets, So keep that in mind. Again, doesn't have to just be an emergency. It could also be you just wanting to get your your pets looked at. So you can give them a call five two nine hundred pets, or you can visit their website at Jefferson Vets dot com and get it as Jefferson Animal Hospital. All right, So this text came in earlier in the show. He says, Nick, you stop talking about your car. I assume that means you finally got it back. No, that's that's that's not what happened. I have not got my car back. And I mean, do we need to get into this? Do people care?
Speaker 3: Yes? Blessed and continue?
Speaker 2: Yes, No, I'm now iheartjeep. Oh okay, I'm using one of our company vehicles and I'm very happy that that they've allowed me to do that. But yesterday somebody said, you know your your sports takes are mid at best, tell us what the hell happened with AutoZone? And I don't want to like just because this story I don't find it really to be that entertaining. It's just, you know, it's it sucks, and there's really not a whole lot to add because I still haven't gotten like anything from anybody, so I'm not going to get into the whole situation again as far as the beginning, but quick quick summary here, took my car AutoZone to get my battery swapped out. I knew that my Volkswagon's a little different than you know, a lot of cars they see volt you know, German Volkswagens are just different. Not to say they're better or anything, but they're just different and they're paining the ass. Like I know that, which is why I asked, Hey, if I get this battery, can you guys swap them out? If not, no biggie. In fact, I left my car running because I thought like if I didn't, I was just going to take the battery and have it on site and then just take my car home because it's probably gonna need to jump so they said yeah, So they go out there and they had the battery on backwards for three hours, couldn't figure out why nothing was working, And with the many many attempts to try to get my battery on and get me out of there, they were doing it incorrectly with the battery backwards, so they essentially zapped the main fus of my vehicle. So they ended up having it towed to the dealership, and the dealership has had it since last Friday, and they did tell me that the main fuse is completely blown and they will then have to replace that. They've ordered the part. I think it's supposed to get there today and once they get the main fus on, then they can actually further assess and see like what else could potentially be could have been damaged with what they were doing with basically just zap in my car many, many, many times. So the dealership, you know, they've just been keeping me updated as best as possible. But I talked to two people last Friday, like one eight hundred number phone calls to Auto Zone. They took my information. I mean I had to tell them the whole long winded story multiple times. I also left a message on Friday with the regional office, which is here in Louisville, and they didn't call me back. I got a DM from Auto Zone on Twitter asking how they can help, and I, you know, it's just an automated thing, like it's we're anytime somebody starts bitching about your company on social media. Oh, we're really sorry too that you've had this experience. Please message us with details and we'll escalate the situation. It's just it's not really a human, it's probably a bot. So I just kept going back and forth, like why can't you give me the number of somebody to call that I can speak with, because nobody's returned my call and all I've been able to do is leave voicemails and the same message, We're really sorry that you're having these issues, if you could please, So just that just pissed me off even more so. Yesterday I finally got a hold of somebody at the regional office and explained to them, like what, Like I said, here's the issue. I've been without my vehicle for a week now, all because of you, guys. I gave you business, you took my money, I paid for a battery, and my car has not worked, I have a vehicle that I'm using, but you all didn't offer to assist and help me with this situation that you caused. And if I wouldn't keep calling you over and over, I don't think anybody would even acknowledge that, like this guy not only needs a refund, like what can we do to make him whole? And you know, there's really nothing they can say, right, so you know, they just kind of say, we understand, we understand, So like nobody can provide any any direction as far as where we're going to make me whole, meaning like give me my money back, And you know, I don't know. I don't want to gift card. I don't think they're going to just like give me money. But like that's an insane thing to happen for a humongous company like AutoZone, and they have no stay in place, they have no process as far as what they're going to do when this stuff happens. So once I expressed this to like the corpse the regional office, they just said, all right, let me let me, let me, let me get a hold of him and we'll get there. And I said, who hell's him? Who's him? Like I who's him? And then they said the the the district manager Willie, and I'm like, yeah, that's the guy I talked to last week who seemed inconvenience when I called him, never heard from him again. So then he did call me, and I guess they were reaching out to the dealership because they were aware of like what the status was at the dealership, but nobody, like nobody told me they're lucky. I have been all over the dealership asking them for updates. So he he did seem really really under He's like, I'm really sorry. I apologize. I understand if sorry or and I get it, I understand understand. So I said, look, I just I mean, at this point, I'm gonna go pick up my vehicle when it's done, but like I've been without a vehicle for a week, and if you know, and if it lasted three weeks, like I don't think you all give a damn. And he was like, let me here's what I wanna do. I'm gonna call my boss and I'm explaining the situation and it's it's on us. I'm gonna see what we can do as far as compensating you for this mess we put you in and I said, all right, well, if you call between three and six, I won't be able to answer, so text me leave a voicemail, but I will call you back. I don't want you to think I'm dodging your call, but I won't be available to take a phone call between three and six. It's like, all right, totally understand, I'll call you back. Haven't heard from him, so like I'm gonna I mean, I don't even know what I'm it's actually the point now where it's really impacting my mental psyche to where like I just need to eat it. But then again, I feel like a little bit if I do that, and like that'll eat at me too. So it's just you would this is the kind of stuff that you would see happen I think potentially at like a local like just a place without a lot of resources. This is AutoZone. So anyways, that's where we are with the car and no clue what to expect next other than me probably just continuing to call the dealership and called corporate and see what, you know, see what it is they're going to do. And like, I don't think anybody did this intentionally, and I do believe that like they know that they messed up. But here's where we're like there's all kinds of you know, theories out there about customer service and how it's never been worse because you know, employees aren't taken care of and you know people don't value jobs and all that, and I don't That's not where I'm coming from, And I didn't want it to sound like that. I know you hear that a lot from people about how the workforce is so terrible and this and that. What I think is happening is that you just can't get people to care, right, Like I know that they're aware that they messed up, but like they don't care that they've inconvenienced me. I think you got to be the person who like owns the company this day and age to actually really give a damn. And like I'm sure back in the day, whenever you know things were different and people would complain, you probably really didn't care deep down, Like you would go home and realize, yes, something bad happened at work, but you wouldn't think about it again. And I get that, But like at this point, like nobody takes any personal pride in the job that they do. That is of that that kind of job, like entry level working at an auto part store. There's just not like you know, well whatever, like it's this job's what it is like if something bad happens, like who cares? And like I don't know. Maybe if it was me, I'd be in the same position. But that's what's frustrating me more than anything, is that, like I'm not being a male Karen, I'm not being difficult. I've been insanely inconvenienced and you have money. I've paid you money, and you broke my car and you've left me without a car for a week, like and yet they know that, they don't dispute it. But it's just you know nothing, nothing Like I just sometimes want to like just ask if I'm talking to a robot. Anyways, that's your update on the car. Let's take a break and I'll stop talking about it because I'm gett frustrated. It's coffee and company we're feel about Thort's right here on SportsTalk seven ninety. If you're somebody that does spend some time in the toxic wasteland that is Twitter x, you need to be following real card game that is Kelly Dicky. He is a UFL stats junkie and he really puts out some just interesting trivia stats that I just you know, and oftentimes I try to share those on the show and always make sure and give him credit because you know, he's the one putting in all the work to figure out this stuff, and I I mean give me, let me give you the latest tweet from Kelly Dickey. Louisll's game at Notre Dame will be the first game versus ranked opponent to be unavailable on linear TV since number nine West Virginia visited Cardinals Stadium on September twenty third, nineteen eighty nine. So yeah, I mean that's a random I'm not sure if that's if there's if that's if that's useful information by any means, but makes sense, right because usually when ranked teams play anybody, they're on TV, and Notre Dame is a huge brand. It's not like you're playing a ranked team that is FCS or something that just somehow managed it to be great, which that's not even really possible. But yeah, it's gonna be on Peacock the Cock, which does come with a two week free trial, So do they do that though, like they really let you do a trial when they're I mean, I don't mean.
Speaker 3: They just assume that people are going to cancel their yeah, to usually make you put in your credit card information regardless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I feel like when the NFL had a playoff game on one of these streaming services, I mean, if they did the free trial, I mean, even if a lot of people did forget to go back and like unsubscribe so they didn't get charged, it would still I think sort of question the purpose of the amount of money you paid for the exclusive. Like nobody does free trial for channels on TV, right, I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe it is a pain in the ass to unsubscribe for any of this. I'd do it with Apple TV because I just wanted to get through ted Lasso.
Speaker 2: They make it pain in the ass.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was. It was we figured out a way. But it's you know, I get why they do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's talk about Underdog Fantasy tonight. I'm getting in on the action with Underdog Fantasy. You should too. All you got to do is download their app, use my code NIX seven ninety, and you're gonna get a free pick to use I mean free also, though I would tell you need to throw in some money in that account too. It can be something minimal, maybe something you know, mid level as far as what you put into these accounts when you wager on sports, because they're going to give you a bonus cash. These are the kind of things that aren't going to be around for a long time, right, Like we're still relatively new here when it comes to sports wagering and Underdog Fantasy. They're hooking you up, right. You thought maybe you were only getting the promos the special deals last year. Nope, Underdog Fantasy hooking you up this year. So if you've never experienced the app and everything that comes with it, I'll give you a quick as best I can run down here of it. So all you're doing is picking high or lower on players' stats, and if you pick one player from each side of a matchup, right, So tonight we've got the Giants and the Cowboys. You pick. You know, for example, let's say you want to go higher than two hundred and sixty and a half yards for Dak Prescott, you pick higher. Let's say you're gonna go higher for Daniel Jones as well. Two hundred and three and a half yards. You know, you pick both those things, and at that point within the app, you can hit play. You can add more though you don't have to just do those two. You can do as many as I think eight. So it's easier in my opinion. Maybe it's just because I've had more luck on this than I have with other stuff when it comes to betting, But you know, I just feel like when you look at a guy's numbers, again, you're still just guessing. You never know, maybe a guy gets hurt, doesn't play after the first quarter or something like that. But I found it to be easier to look at a player's trends. I mean, it's just one it's just one player, right, So when you're looking at a team and you're looking at what they did and their stats and whatnot, I mean, it's just different. So you know, let's just give you example here. So let's say we like the hot we like high on both quarterbacks, and we like higher on seed Lamb's receiving yards. Let's go above. In fact, rushing in receiving yards is what it's at eighty four and a half. We're gonna go higher there, and we're gonna go. Let's say, where is he at? Wandelle Robinson, former Kentucky Wildcat who plays for the place for the Giants. Why am I not seeing his name? He should be He should be coming right up, Yeah, Wandell Robinson. I'm gonna say he's gonna have higher than thirty six and a half receiving yards. So I've got four picks here that I can play. I put a ten dollars wager on it gives me fifty six to ten. Or you can play it a little safer and do the flex. We're only three of the four half to come in and you don't win as much money, but still it's it's better than losing money, right, So it's Underdog Fantasy. It's it's super simple. All you have to do is go to Underdog Fantasy dot com or use the you know, find the app in your app store and if you use the code Nick seven ninety when you sign up, you get a free pick and they're gonna give you some bonus catch up up to one thousand dollars. So it's Underdog Fantasy promo code Nick seven ninety to claim your new customer special of free bet and your deposit offer must be eighteen and up and president the store were in a state where Underdog Fantasy operates. Terms apply concern with your play called win under Gambler or visit NCP Gambling dot org. I don't know why I keep saying, must be president a store where Underdog I don't know it's quite literally state, not store, but I keep messing that up. Apologies. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Two more hours left here before we get out of here, and we're gonna be joined on the other side to talk some notre dame fighting Irish. Get the enemy's perspective here behind into me lines, as they say, Tyler Hoorker of Blue and goold dot COM's gonna join us. Keep a lock right here. On Sports Talk seven ninety