Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Still Fun is the name of the podcast, and we are your host for the afternoon. We are evening whenever you're listening. Fallon and Jenny are names.
Speaker 3: When you listen at one am, one Fallon because it's posted, or it's it two am.
Speaker 1: I do it at one am.
Speaker 2: For all of the mothers out there getting up in the middle of the night with their children.
Speaker 3: You think that's this is what they want to listen to.
Speaker 2: Or the overnight worker. Yes, because they're like delirious and they're tired. That's extra funny. Yes, that idea that you're driving home from a wackado shift, because like you know, those night shifts are crazy.
Speaker 1: I could never.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I couldn't either. But thanks for listening at whatever time of the day that you do listen. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: This weekend, we both had big weekends. I went to Disney World without children, which is glorious. Might I recommend so you went with the Jason Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so.
Speaker 2: Jason goes very They're like season past people. They're Disney adults, and they are Disney adults. They love Disney. They know the ins and outs. They know bartenders all throughout all the parks and stuff, and Jason was kind enough he paid for the VIP experience for us on Saturday, so we went. A lot of them went Thursday afternoon, but I didn't want to take off of work Thursday, so I worked and I flew in super early Friday and just hit the ground running. We went straight to Epcot and stuff. So we rode some rides on Friday, and it was like the hottest of all time. But because it was so hot and it's like the weird transition before Memorial Day weekend in summer, it was much slower than normal, which was nice. So I'm trying to focus on the positive there. And then, so the VIP tour how that works because I didn't even really know about this, but it's like what celebrities do, and it's it's not cheap obviously, so you have to pay for your park ticket still, but then the person will pay for a VIP tour and you can split up your however you want. You can you have to do at least seven hours, but I think you can do ten as the max maybe, so I think we did ten and basically a Disney Park expert takes you around and you go to any ride you want, and you.
Speaker 1: Go to the front ish of the line.
Speaker 2: So how Disney they have like they call them lightning lanes kind of like and you usually pay for that or like I think when you part tickets, you get like two lightning lanes a day, and then once you use one, you could try to get another one, but you just basically get put in the lightning lane. So you get pretty much ride on every ride you don't wait. They take you behind behind the park to get into different entrances.
Speaker 1: When you get off the ride, she'll have like waters.
Speaker 2: You get like unlimited Mickey ice cream bars if you want them, you get like two. Each person gets like two like advanced snacks included. Like when we arrived in our van to Epcot, there were people waiting out front with like snacks for us. And so it's really really really really luxurious and nice and so you get to ride ever, I told Jake, I'm like I would, and you get to have ten people in your group for that price. Okay, I told Jake, I'm like I would legit if I could find a couple of other families.
Speaker 1: That would split this. It is worth it.
Speaker 2: Because you could knock out all four parks in one day, so you're saving money on daily park tickets, get to the front of the line for like the ride you want, and then be done with it. And will you save money, I don't know, but you would save mental capacity. And it is so expensive you wouldn't be paying for food every single day in the parks and the park tickets every day, so I think it could almost balance out, honestly. So my favorite ride is Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a newer one. It's at Epcot, and we wrote it three times. You can only ride a ride on your tour twice, so you can do it two times in a row if you want, so we did that one two times. We had already done that on Friday. Also, it is epic. It is so good.
Speaker 3: What is it? Is it a roller coaster?
Speaker 1: You ride?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's kind of it's like a roller coaster and you get one of six songs. You don't know what you're gonna get until it takes off, and so the song choices are I ran Everybody wants to Roll the World Conga September Disco Inferno, and then I can't think of the other one, which Jason's favorite, is Conga. I wanted September, so we of course got all the other three, but we didn't double up, which was nice. And my favorite of the three was Everybody Wants to Roll the World, I think because it gives a very different vibe than the other ones. The other ones are like fast, upbeat, fun and Everybody wants to Roll the World. It's kind of like, I don't know, it's one of those weird songs that makes me kind of emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you go, You basically go.
Speaker 2: In and then there's a there's an explosion, and then your car goes backwards sixty miles an hour, and then it's inside, so it's dark and you're it's a roller coaster inside and then like the car turns and you like rotate around the Moon and Earth.
Speaker 1: You can like see them. It's fucking cool.
Speaker 3: It's so cool.
Speaker 2: So that was like my top ride. I wanted to ride, and it was sick, and we sweat a lot and we had a lot of fun. And so memory.
Speaker 3: Im thigh shaven on her boobswat, so I always want a sweat.
Speaker 2: I wore these like little thin kind of track pants things I get like the athletic pants, and everyone thought I was psycho, but I'm like I if I were shorts, I'd be pulling them down all day, I'd be so miserable. So I'd rather have a little sweat and these pants. Everyone else was in shorts and stuff like a normal, normal people, but I just don't. I'm not a shorts person.
Speaker 1: I hate them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like I probably would have gone like leggings shorts if I've done before, but those just collect sweat on like my crotch, and I didn't want it.
Speaker 1: I didn't want it.
Speaker 2: So one conversation we had, and I'm not going to say who shared this, we got into the conversation of the worst lay you've ever had, okay, and one of the people almost like girls, but I don't want to say exactly who said it. Necessarily, one of the people on this trip said they didn't have sex with a person, but the person had a Tunican and I go, what the fuck's a tunic can? And they go they turned around and it looked like a Tunican and the person held their hand up like around like a Tunican, and I go, oh, like super girthy, and they go, no. Every it was identical to a Tunican. I go, wait, so as round as a Tunican and as thick, So it was like a hockey puck just sitting on their grunt and they go yeah, and I what the fuck?
Speaker 1: And they were like yeah, And I'm like, and I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Every cause anyone ever and no one has ever seen the person called the person that, like, I don't remember the name, I call them Tunican. And they said, I have to work, and they left and went to work. There they go, I could not wrap my head around how that would work? How would that fit within my body?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, I would have been my life ever. Man, obviously you've heard of like a micrope and things like that, and I feel very bad, like I don't, like ever want to mock that, Like it's not like someone can help being born like that. But man, tunican crazy. Never heard of it in my life. I haven't either. I'm did you share your worst leg because I think mine probably was the fact that this guy thought he was having sex with me and he was actually just fucking my like thighep. And I also was extremely skinny at the time, like I literally probably weighed one hundred and thirty pounds top, So there's no reason he should have got like it wasn't like my thighs were super thick and thought he was doing what he was doing. No, he definitely like thought he was having sex with me and then realized it and changed. But I immediately was like turned off. This is fucking awful. Yeah. I just I wanted him out of my bed as quick as I could, And of course we were drunk, and so I was like, yeah, whatever, you can sleep over, and then I had to give him a fucking ride home in the morning, and I just wanted to be like, go out, get out.
Speaker 2: So mine is nothing like exceptional like that. Mine was just like, you know, really short, really not good. Yeah, nothing was beneficial for me at all in it so quick, you know. So mine wasn't like a standout story. It's like tale as old as time. Yeah, but with this person, it was always like that, Like so that was the problem. Yeah, Yeah, that it wasn't because you give people a person a pass if it's like a one time thing or an occasional thing.
Speaker 3: One of my f buddies that I had when I was single last he like would go really quick sometimes. Yeah, it happens, and that's whatever, really fine. However, for me to get to his house took about twenty minutes because he wasn't that far away, but it was just like the roads that I had to take to get there, it was like a twenty minute drive one way, and I got there one time. And I'm telling you, the amount of time I spent there between having sex and leaving was less time than it took for me to just drive one way to his house. And I sat there and I'm just like, man, this you. I mean, I I think he did come to me a couple of times, but I think that particular time, I don't know. I just went to his place. So anyways, after that, I just sat there and I was like, if it takes me longer to drive to you, then we are hooking up. Like I don't need to hook up for an hour and a half, but like, like this was way too quick and he knew it without a conversation needed to be had. Yep, And the next time he very much lasted much longer and like did different things I think to help him last longer because I was like, I know he was embarrassed by that time because it was particularly short, and I just sat there and yeah, I don't know. He was one of those guys who I thought I was going to like date him, and then I realized he was a fuck boy huh, and so then I was like nope, just kidding. And then of course what happens is he like falls in love with me like six months later and does want to try to actually date me. And I was like, no, yeah, you got put in this category. Yeah, you are not D material anymore in my brain. Okay, you are here for the pein wa and the poos wah oh Like no, I don't know. But anyways, So I had a birthday this past weekend and did yes and happy belated thank you. I don't normally like to go out and like force friends to do things for my birthday. However, I did not want to be alone on my birthday this year, so I did force Fiends to go out with me and we went out in the North Loop had a really good time. Started at the Hewing Hotel. They were having a private event that started at eight, and I told the girls, like five thirty six, let's meet up. So we were able to go to the rooftop for a little bit, but then we had to get kicked out at like seven and forty five, which was fine, but I was kind of bummed about that because I just really love hanging out there. It's sophisticated and chill, and it's not loud, rowdy, clouded. I mean sometimes it's crowded. But my friends bought me drink after drink after drink, and it's like, I don't Once I had a couple of drinks, I.
Speaker 1: Thought you said you weren't going to allow that didn't shot.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm not, I'm not going to do a show. However, I did also do a shot. Okay, I get one shot, and I'm telling you, like, we had all these bougie drinks at Hewing, and then we went to Cuzzies, because like, you've got to end up at Cuzzi's at some point if you're in the North Loop, I feel like, and there my friend bought like a what are they called the beer buckets of ns, so someone else had already bought me a drink. Then I'm drinking a high noon. Then someone's like, let's take a shot, and I'm like, okay, fine, Then I'm putting a dollar up on the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Hey, you got it.
Speaker 3: And then we're trying to make it to the rabbit Hole, which is a newerish bar in North Loop, and some shitty cover band was playing there at ten. Okay, so we got there a little bit before ten, and that was the moment it was time for me to go home. Oh I got there and things it started going dark, and oh, my friend Tiff was like, Johnny, I think it's time for you to go home. My friend Jeanie and I ubered back to my place used together. I of course made a pizza that I burned, not not to like an unedible amount, but like I went and showered as I always do when and I came out too late and the pizza's burnt. I wake up on the couch to the dog snuggling me that I was watching at like four in the morning. I have a bag of popcorn next to me, just the most classic Jenny Drunken Gone Back carries. Yes, I was back at my roots and I just sat there and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, missing a burrito on your bedstand? What did you used to lose your phone or your ID or something.
Speaker 3: Always would know I would always be nervous that my phone was not laying next to me in the morning. And also, my friends have got me like an actual nice present. She got me this big kind of like farmer's market bag that's wifey on it, and then a cute little like camper van cookbook thing and a few other little trinkets of fat. And she didn't really understand that like we probably were gonna end up like bar hopping and stuff, and so she's like, well, like, I'll just take it home with me if I have to. And so the one thing I looked for in the morning when I was like sober, was like, did the wifey bag make it home in me? And it did. I came back safe and sound. I probably would have she probably would have taken it if she thought there was a risk of me not right bringing it home. But anyways, it was now mind you, it was fun in the moment, but I just I know that I'm just not that kind of a drinker anymore. And so you know, it's Monday. That was Saturday night. I still feel like shit, I still feel anxiety, and it just really proves that, like that's not my life anymore. I don't want to go out and get hammered. I wish I would have just like had a few drinks and had fun and stayed sober enough to watch the cover band or some shitty cover band whatever, and I didn't, And so I'm a little bit sad about that. But whatever, you live and you learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there are certain moments like that. Yeah, you're gonna live it up a little bit. Your friends are probably going extra hard to trying to like they make sure it was a special one because I knew it might be hard.
Speaker 3: For you or whatever. But then yeah, right, it just anyways, like I just knew the moment out of hewing because I was already two drinks in and then they the bartender screwed up a drink or like ordered an extra one, and they're like, well, here, this was what you were drinking, so you should just have this now too, And I'm like those drinks were going down too easily because they were spoushy, like fun, nice drinks. So I was like, no, like I don't need all these but whatever, it's fine. In the end, I don't ever want to be out super late anyways, So the fact that I went home at like ten pm is totally fine with me. I just wish I would have stayed more sober so I could have like enjoyed more times with my friends because I just we had so much fun. And I also love the fact that like it was literally five different groups of friends practically that were out. Yeah, like said, some people kind of knew each other, but like not really, and everyone like got along and became friends really easy.
Speaker 1: I love when that happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like one of the sales girls here, she's a little bit newer to the cities, and she came out and she just chatted with everyone. So I was, you know, you get stressed when you're the one kind of hosting a gathering of sorts. So I'm like, God, I hope everyone likes each other. And the sales girl even texted me yesterday and was like, your friends are so awesome. I got so much fun blah blah blah. So anyways, it was a really fun birthday night out. But I will not be celebrating in that way. I've got a bachelorette party coming up, like a dinner and party bus Vibe, yeah, in a few weeks, And i just know that I know how to drink better now, and I'm just not going to be that crazy hammered person anymore. Like it's just not me. I have.
Speaker 2: Two bachelorette parties coming up this year. I'm like, what is happening with my life? By the way, we have obviously Tina's Yep, that one I'm not worried about because Tina's been in this situation herself where she's been to like a bachelorette party and like people have pressured her to drink and it pissed her off. So it's hers is like chill cabin vibes, like when it happens or whatever. So I'm not worried about Tina's. Yeah, like I thought that's just gonna be like a chill cabin weekend. But my friend Abby, she's my college friend, not that, Like I'm not an adult and can say no. But I hate the feeling when people feel like you feel like you're making someone mad or disappointed because you're not getting to their drunk level. Yeah, I hate that feeling. Like my friends know me well at this point, but I think they have the attitude of can't you just for one, like one time, for something special And I can't explain it because like I could and I do sometimes like when we went out like, but I like burn IM always say I am a match. I burn bright and I burn out very quickly. So like for me, I don't want to be miserable. I'm the only one that has to fly on a plane, and I don't want to be like hungover or sick. And I also, yeah, I can't hang so I'm like, I'm already just preparing myself. She's not doing anything crazy. There's she wants an airbnb and she wants to do like a daytime kind of adventure like one of those aerial parks or like rafting or something, which that's all fine, but then I don't even I would. I hope that we just like drink at the house that we're renting or whatever and don't go to bars.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what.
Speaker 2: It's going to be like, and I just hope that I'm not made to feel like I'm letting down the bachelorette party if i'm because it's only four of us, that does.
Speaker 3: Make it a little bit they've done. It's less people. Because I was like, I was like, well, then they can go out and have their fun and then you just irish goodbye. That's what I did when I know. I went to Savannah, my girlfriend's party. We had been we had done a pedal pub already during the day, and then we're out again at night and I was just hitting my wall at like eleven thirty, and I was like, I want to go home, and so I started calling myself an uber or some of the other girls caught when that I was leaving, so a couple other people hopped in with me, whereas the rest of the group stayed out, and but we had like ten people.
Speaker 2: So I feel like it's because when you're a bride, you've walked movies and stuff for so long, you think it's gonna be like this hangover movie crazy.
Speaker 1: Night out, and some people do have that, but I think.
Speaker 2: The more realistic is two or three people get really drunk and they're puking, and everyone else is kind of like in the same vibe of like, I don't want to be sloppy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So not that anyone has already pretexted me and saying get your shit ready or anything like that. I just am used to my lovely group of friends, So I love very much. If you're listening, by the way, I just don't want anyone to feel like, you know, I am letting the party down if I'm not drunk or something.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how it goes. I don't don't you think that they know you well enough to know that, Like, yeah, it never fails, right, it never fails. I was like, but that makes me.
Speaker 2: It makes me sad because I can still stubborn about it. I'm always like, you know who I am, and I'll like leave the room.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've definitely probably been the friend before when people didn't want to like drink as much, but that's because that's who they were to and so then when suddenly they didn't want to, I was like, what the fuck? But like with you, I would never ever expect you to come to if I was having a bachelorette party, to like come out and be out with me all night, Like I would literally not expect that. Yeah, I don't know. Well, I don't know if this person listens to the podcast, but I do need to break up with someone and that is my therapist. Oh my god, why because I don't think so. I started therapy again after Andrew and I broke up, and this is a new therapist from who I used to go to and she's very sweet and kind. However, I feel like our sessions have been a lot of just me explaining my feelings, my thoughts, what I'm dealing with and stuff, and not really like any sort of tools, any sort of like she's very comforting in the fact that I have the feelings that I have, but I'm not getting any tools to help me out, I don't think. I also feel like the last session or two I've had with her, I've been kind of pointless because I don't really feel like I need to talk about anything I don't know. So there's that, But then there's the fact that I understand that I work in radio. I get that, and I understand that people are curious about things because my relationship was very public. But she straight up told me that she went online to like look at things about me, and she doesn't really like listen to the show as much because like she has listened to the show before, she knows I work in radio, she knows of me from the show. But it felt like there was like this line crossed when she said that she had gone online to look at stuff. That like made me feel like I'm your patient and you should be like only paying attention to me, you shouldn't be looking at online chatter. Yeah, And she said she did it in a way to like understand what I could potentially be going through since it is like a public breakup pretty much. But that really put me off with her at the last session I had, and I was like, I don't know that I'm getting anything at this point anyways, And so that was kind of probably the line in the sand for me to be like, I don't think that this is working for me.
Speaker 1: That's so wild.
Speaker 2: I have never I've heard of like kind of therapist like when you're in a public thing, kind of crossing a line a little bit. Like there's a podcast I listened to and the guy like has merch and he got an order from his therapist and that made him like super uncomfortable, Like oh god no. And he's like maybe she was just trying to be supportive, but also like it's kind of the same as they usually tell you if I see you in public, I will not acknowledge you. If you say hi to me, I'll say hi, because you just don't. They don't talk about you in public.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it feels like it would be kind of a mutual thing. My therapist was like, I don't listen to Top forty radio. I mean, I'm sure I've heard of your station, but I don't care. And I'm like, yeah, so that is and not to pile on and I also not to share information that is in min I know you and my radio partner call go to the same person. Yes, he also just ended thanks to really yeah for other reasons, right, and him and I have talked about things ourselves like that we understand.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know. It's it's not that she wasn't good at the beginning, Like I think she was what I sort of needed at the beginning. But like, I don't know. I think as a therapist, you've got to be so careful of what you say.
Speaker 2: I'm just careful. The tools are very important. I've like action like points are really important for maybe not for everyone. Maybe some people do need to just like each week cry and get something out for a while. But for me, yeah, I'm like I to feel like I'm like making progress and making changes. I need actionable tools here. And that was one thing my person gave me, and like almost an assignment or a book recommendation or this recommendation and every single time, and then she'd email like a follow up with that information. And that's why she was my favorite I had, because I had some who hads been the first like ten or fifteen minutes having me fill in a fucking questionnaire of one to ten? How am I feeling on these? And I'm like, don't waste my god dang time with this. This is such what is this? Is this to fill ten minutes of our session?
Speaker 3: I'm just.
Speaker 2: Every time and I stopped going very quickly to that person.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I mean I did. I've done like those surveys before, but it was always like ahead of time of the session, so the therapist could see where I was.
Speaker 2: A normal intake paperwork, which is always a little annoying too, because you finally get the courage to go. I know they have to do it, but I'm like, I don't want to use my first session doing intake and for like paperwork. But I know that's part of it, but I think you're just like so ready to start therapy. You want to start talking so quickly. I'm like, let's let's dive in. Yeah know that one person did every time it was. It was weird, So you gotta find, yeah, like the right one that works for you. So maybe you just need to find like a different one. Yeah, and it just sucks to restart. It does suck to restart. And it's not that she was like bad or anything. I just I felt like it wasn't the right match. And they say finding therapist is like dating, so I get it. I got really lucky with the girl that I used to go to, and I probably can go back to her, honestly, because it's through the same company.
Speaker 3: At least I would assume I could go back to her. But I really did like her. She gave me tools whatever. I also know that I need a very empathetic person and that was who this current therapist was. She was so empathetic, but it was almost like it was almost too much of like, yes, your feelings are warranted, Yes you should feel this way, blah blah blah, and like not enough reality almost. It was almost like I was just crying to a friend for my sessions, right, and that was all it was. And yes, like you said, some people might that might be all right they need but I needed something else. So anyways, yeah, probably breaking up and maybe she'll hear this. She does seem to follow along my life.
Speaker 2: You know, they're like I think that therapists are people. Yeah, and they probably learn things through their process too, So this will probably just be if she does listen, Like again, doesn't mean that like, you're a bad therapist. It just didn't work out for you to And I from what I hear from most therapists, they they truly want you to find the right person, Like they don't like being stuck with someone they don't fill as the right match either, But they can't they can't really fire you as easily they can, but they won't necessarily as easily as you can fire them if you will. So she'll probably be like, oh, lesson learned there and won't make that mistake again in the future, and it's not like a big deal or whatever.
Speaker 3: She also won't have half the Katiewb's staff as her client.
Speaker 1: I know, my god, I'll call this should I call this episode? Jenny?
Speaker 2: Jenny has another breakup too soon, too okay, too much of a click baby bullshit headlines.
Speaker 3: So you're saying I should for the listens, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We have a couple of emails let me pull this bad boy open.
Speaker 1: How many do you have?
Speaker 3: I have two?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want me to read one first? I can have three because one just came in this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, this first one that I have was sent to both of us and says hello, I have an issue i'd like your assistance with. But first, two things. One, Jenny, it's my b day this weekend too well, happy, belated. I also feel victimized by the drastic change in the weather and my office. Yes, it was not fun. And two, thank you both for being vulnerable with your relationships. My daughter is potentially on the verge of a breakup with a man she currently lives with and has been with for four years. As her mother, it has been heartbreaking to watch her go through this. It's her path and she needs to walk it. Jenny, your recent life events have been helpful to me to know that she will get through this. Thank you for sharing. Now on to the issue. My daughter has a dog that she will be taking with her if flush when the breakup happens. She works twelve hour shifts as a nurse. Being a first time dog owner, she is concerned about what to do with her dog while she is away for long periods of time during her shift. Also, these shifts are often three days in a row, so it's not just a day here or there. Her dad and I will absolutely help when we can, but we are out here living our best lives and going and doing all the things we will not always be able to help. I know Jenny dog sits and Fallon has two dogs. Wondering what advice and recommendations you may have for a single gal in this situation where she may need assistance with dog sitting or walking slash feeding while she is at work. I don't know if this is if my issue is podcast worthy, but if you do share, please use my code name, which is Lolita. Thanks to advance from this Worried Mama love the podcast. You discussed so many relatable girlfriend topics and let me know that I'm not the only one who deals with some of this stuff in life. So thank you, Lolita. Lolita.
Speaker 1: Jenny, do you want to pop in with this first?
Speaker 3: I would say, I know not everyone has the spear money to do this, but what you could have your daughter do is have someone come do either a dog visit through Rover or wag throughout the day to give the dog a break. You can hire them for walks. Usually, I mean Rover and Wig take a portion of it, but I think it's like twelve dollars for a thirty minute walk or something, and like the dog walker, I don't know, makes ten bucks off of it or something like that. So that's like one way that's not overly expensive and could be really helpful with just hiring someone out to come every day. There's one couple that I've watched her their dog quite a few times, but then they also ask me to walk her every once in a while and it's honestly the only dog that I go walk. But I have a few days coming up next week that I'm going to go help them out because they have long days at work, and it's cheaper to do that than like hire someone to be like dog sitting for the day or doing overnight stuff. So I would say look into options of having someone stop in. I could just be a check in too. It doesn't have to be a walk. You can literally like hire someone to come in for like thirty minutes to hang out at the apartment or house and feed the dog and let them out and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how I guess I would need more details on the dog because obviously if it's a puppy, it's very different than if the dog is like four years old, because like a four year old doesn't need to go out every couple of hours, whereas puppy does. So I was going to suggest the same thing. I mean, we used to do doggy daycare, but I don't know about a twelve hour shift. Yeah, I don't know that they do that, Like, I don't know if.
Speaker 1: It feels like they wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I mean we maybe could if it's like, it depends on what her twelve hours are, you know what I mean. If it's like six to six, then that probably is fine because you could do a drop off and then you pick them up and then it's just three days of that. But if not, then I would, yeah, suggest what Jenny said, I don't know where she's going to be living. Like my neighborhood, we have like a group email, and sometimes you know, you could send out, like if it's a small neighborhood, a group email, like does anyone have like a teen looking for a little extra work? And you could have the teen come over and like, because like we have like a couple of teens that always will you know, do the law and mowing service or different things. They're like trying to get that side hustle, just like or we have one girl who like went and got her babysitter's license and the mom will post like, hey, my daughter certified if anyone needs a babysitter kind of thing. But it depends on the neighborhood you're in, and you still would want to obviously do research and talk to like the parents and different things to make sure that your dog is in safe hands. Those are just a few of suggestions. I don't know if those are the greatest though, but I think they're probably the top ones you could go for.
Speaker 3: And here's what I'll say, as someone selfishly who is obviously went through a breakup myself, I don't have a dog I need to like have help with. But maybe if you and your husband can be there for her for the beginning part with the dog, that's one less stressor in her life. I know you're out living your best life too, but maybe it just helped her out for a little bit, because I'm sure she's gonna be going through obviously a lot. Yeah, and then to add in the stress of what to do with the dog is just really gonna suck.
Speaker 2: I know part of me hopes that she has like a nursing job where it's so busy for those twelve hours she can't think about it, because that's a really long shift to work, to try to keep it together, to be a friendly nurse to people when you're going through it. So I feel so bad for Here we go, hey, ladies, sending much love as usual. I binge the four seasons this weekend. Well really in one and a half sittings. Not sure if you're done yet, so if not, I won't spoil anything. Oh my god, can we talk about it? Jenny's not watching it right? No?
Speaker 3: I actually am on. I did start, but I'm only on episode four or five. I think I think nowhere near You're nowhere near? What the there's only like eight episodes.
Speaker 1: I don't even think there are eight?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, are there even eight? I think there's eight because I think I I'd like fell asleep during one of them, and it went up to like six, and I think there was still it's like eight episodes total, so I had to like go back.
Speaker 2: We cannot talk about it, though, okay, because I know what she wants to talk about.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, is it me or is Steve Carrell just getting our just one gorgeous man? Yes, Oh my gosh, this is so funny because he's gotten hotter. I think rere email then on the Minnesota Goodbye Today too, and so we kind of talked about Steve Carell on there. I'm like so put off by his character in this show. Well, to me, I find him repulsive. So in the show, this isn't like a huge spoiler because I think you can piece it together because it happens basically in like the firstsh episode they've it's like multiple couples that have been married for like twenty something years, and he's unhappy because his wife, he says, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Do anything blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So he ends it and he gets with a younger woman. Yeah, that's basically the gist of it. But as an outsider, just a fan of Steve Corrella, do you think he's attractive? So she says, I mean, he really pulled a reverse Benjamin Button went from awkward forty year old virgin energy to four seasons Silver Fox and now I'm over here, like I'll be your thirty something year old girl, Jenny. I blinked, and suddenly I'm thirstying over a man who used to struggle describing Taters. Wait, is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Tatas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's an R there, but I think she meant tatas, so that's what I think I was saying.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I know I have the email too, so I'm pretty Suretas auto corrected you.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: That's my fault.
Speaker 1: What happened to me?
Speaker 2: I signed up for comedy, not a midlife crush crisis. And PS, Jenny, hope you had an amazing birthday, Thanks b Yeah, it was pretty fun. They've already been confirmed for a season two. By the way, Oh nice, Okay, one more Ques.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess whatever it is that we'll talk about, we can probably talk about next week.
Speaker 1: Hey, Fallon and Jenny.
Speaker 2: I'm someone who hasn't ever really had a lot of friends, but recently had a huge friend group, and over the past five years we've all kind of drifted apart. Some I'm super close with, others we catch up every few months. The one I'm super close with has a new bestie who she spends a lot of her time with and, much to my dismay, I'm jealous. How do you handle friendship jealousy and not being jealous when one of your friends is hanging out and you don't get an invite? Any tips on making more friends? My job is very lonely. I work from home, and my hobbies I enjoy don't really have events that I'm aware of. I'd like board games, watching sports, etc.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one. I've definitely been jealous of friendships before. I don't know if there's any way to deal with it because it's kind of like watching your crush hit on someone else, but it's like totally worse because it's like your person you hang out with, is it something? Where do you get along with the other person? Can the three of you hang out?
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask about two like friends with other persons.
Speaker 2: If you're not getting invited, that's weird. But I would say then you have to almost put it on yourself and invite both of them, and maybe that increases the odds of you getting the invite hang out with them. I know I've had this happen too, though, where it's like, yeah, but I wanted to spend one on one time with my best friend. I don't want like the other person around all the time. I think guild just have to have a lo a little bit less of that. As far as making friends, that is, it is really hard. But I do think you could go because in the past she said she doesn't do that. In the past, we'd said, oh, you could join like a kickball, you can join this, but that's not what you're into. But I think there are lots of Facebook groups, so many for the things you're actually interested in, and I think you start commenting on there and maybe those groups have meetups. Like I think it's more common to have like board game nights at different like places or different things, and then maybe you meet a person through that who's a one off person or you just meet them through the Facebook group and you're like, hey, would.
Speaker 1: You ever want to like not in a weird way, you know, like.
Speaker 2: I just like, you know, I think a lot of people are seeking friendship, so not people aren't necessarily going to just jump to what a weirdo. And if they are, then maybe they're not your person. But it does take a lot of courage, Yeah, initiate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, I mean I know you're looking for friends, so maybe you don't even have people to like message about this. But I mean I have people message me sometimes like hey, let's get a coffee or whatever and like talk, and I'm always down for it, like I just I really am, usually because I'm also like, I mean, I'm at a very different phase in life right now, so I am down to do like more things than I would have if I wasn't single. Yeah, but I don't know, I think just asking someone for coffee, if you did meet them somehow, is a very chill, like non invasive kind of hang seck.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed, So agreed.
Speaker 2: The beginning parts of the friendship are always awkward though, or you're like trying to get to that comfort level with people and is like you're on a first date. But also maybe you can just have a vulnerable conversation with your bestie of like, hey, I miss you and I miss us, and I'm totally down to hang out with this other person. And if they're really your best friend, I would hope that they would be like, dude, I don't want to leave you out. Like that doesn't mean that they're not going to do stuff with the other person. Without you obviously, but I would hope that if they were your best friend too, they would like be understanding and and I know that that's also a hard conversation to have.
Speaker 3: I know it is. It's like communication is key, they always say. I say, it's like you're in a relationship but you're not, and it's yeah, I don't I don't know, but I mean, good luck and let us know. Yeah, let us know goes before we end today. Can I just do my creepy DM of the week?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Okay. It came from someone who the first message they ever sent is Jenny from katiewb is hot. That's nice. Now this is to me, so they're like talking to me and like.
Speaker 2: Thirdird person here or kind of well that's our third I don't remember, it's one of the persons. Third person maybe if you were saying it about yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then immediately followed up with you missed one hundred percent of the shots you don't take yep. So there's that. And then the next message came in when I had a video of me cuddling with a dog, and it said can I come cuddle with two finger emojis that point to each other like awkward whatever. Yep, So that is my creepy DM of the week that comes from Actually, I don't think i'll say names. Do you just too much?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna let them come cuddle?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, all right, I don't even open these messages so that they can see it. But I just want you all to know that I do see every message that comes in. It's not a matter. And like, if I accepted it, it will show as scene, right, but if I do not accept it, it will still shown as unseen. However, I've seen it. Okay, so I've seen it. I've screenshotted it, and it is now in a folder called creepy dim on my phone. So thank you for that one. That's the creepy DM of the week.
Speaker 1: But thank you. Have a great week, Thanks for listening.