Speaker 1: Budapest on Mixed ninety six to nine The Valley's Best Mixed. Priscilla here sid Did you see that Australia has enacted a new right to disconnect law, allowing employees to ignore work related communications outside of working hours without fear of repercussion.
Speaker 2: I mean, how nice of them, But how bad did it have to get where they had to enact?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, is, like, I get it if you feel obligated to respond to certain things.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, well we do that all the time all the time.
Speaker 1: But can you truly have repercussions for not answering work calls? Do you think people get like the bad end of the stick when they're not responding to things after work hours.
Speaker 3: I've never had a job like that before. That's true. Our jobs are so unserious.
Speaker 2: Where it's maybe deadline based or something. If you miss, you know, something very important, then you could get fired.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Well, that's true.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, you're not going to be able to be communicated with at seven pm.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna wait till the next morning to get let go.
Speaker 1: But the measures say they're aimed to improve work life balance and reduce unpaid overtime, which aligns with you know, Australia's kind of movement to better work life balance.
Speaker 3: I think we do a pretty good job here.
Speaker 1: Nothing ever feels urgent, and when it does, it's usually a really quick fix. But sometimes here's the thing, though, if my boss is calling me at ten pm, it feels like there's a reason why, and I feel like I have to answer. Yeah, of course. So I don't know that I would stick to these.
Speaker 2: Well I've got I do not disturb on Oh but sleeping also an immediate family.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, also, like again, we don't really do anything that's gonna require I get it for some jobs. But yeah, if you're like an anesthesiologist or like a surgeon on call, then maybe.
Speaker 1: But if you're putting together what's trending report for tomorrow morning show, probably not imagine dragons on mixed ninety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have.
Speaker 1: Your chance to go to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween horrn Nites coming up just after seven o'clock. But Scarlet Johansson, the actress, opens up about why she has never gotten her own social media account.
Speaker 4: I think social media is a great tool. It's a wonderful way for people to connect. But I feel personally, I think I'm just too fragile for it. I think I'm too Yeah, I think it's just hard, you know, I'm I'm certainly not immune to you know, fomo and all of that. It's hard to look through like other people's lives.
Speaker 3: I feel like we are her. A lot of us feel that way.
Speaker 1: We have a hard time disconnecting and not being bummed out when we see people doing things we want to do or comparing our lives. But she has better boundaries at the end of the day, is what it is than we do. Because I am also too fragile for social media. But here I am attempting to be a social media influencer every single day.
Speaker 3: Okay again, on the way those.
Speaker 1: Universal Studios, Hollywood Halloween Horrnite tickets, plus we.
Speaker 3: Have your chance to go to the t Backs game, and of course.
Speaker 1: Amazing music like Dasha It's Excity six nine, the Valley's Best Mix, Priscilla here. So sid I never get hit on ever, no way, no legit like legit, never get hit on, And I think somebody was trying to get it yesterday over my socks.
Speaker 3: Your socks.
Speaker 1: So I went to the gym for the first time in like months.
Speaker 3: We love it. We love it. And the guy.
Speaker 1: You know how when you're first there, they're trying to be super nice to you and like encourage you and keep you motivated and engaged. And the guy theres so sweet, so nice, jacked, like you know, everything you'd expect a trainer to be be. A young guy so young. I think he's like twenty two. It could be his mother quite literally.
Speaker 3: And I'm working out and typically I'm like, don't bother me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk and chit chat while I'm literally doing barbells or whatever you call it. And I'm on the floor or doing a hip thrust, oh dear, and he comes over. He's like, Priscilla, your socks the way they are most tracks thing.
Speaker 3: In the world to a girl. What kind of socks did you have on?
Speaker 1: I had like the high cut, like I had workout shoes, and then my socks that like were up I don't know what do you call it. Yeah, no, they weren't ankle socks. They were like higher up of throwing up my calve.
Speaker 3: And I'm like okay, thanks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, And I'm like, wait, did this young man just hit on me?
Speaker 3: Like I still got it?
Speaker 1: But then also I'm like, I wonder if he walked away with secondhand embarrassment.
Speaker 3: He's like, WHOA did that come off weird?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 5: Mom?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like why did I comment on her socks? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I so then I was like, oh, I'm embarrassed for him.
Speaker 1: I don't think he meant it that way. It was cute though, he was very cute, And from now on, I will only wear.
Speaker 3: My socks that way. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 1: Okay, the we have your tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween more Nights, plus your.
Speaker 3: Tickets to Dbacks.
Speaker 1: So much good stuff coming up to st after seven, Good Morning at six stinety six to nine in The Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 3: How Wild Is This?
Speaker 1: Forty nine ers Ricky Pearsall, he was the first round draft pick former Sun Devil is gonna miss at least four games after being shot in an attempted robbery.
Speaker 3: So he was in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Seventeen year old suspect was apparently going after his role X. A fight broke out. He was shot in the chest, but his recovering. He will miss at least four games, but he will recover. The wild thing about this is that there is a Phoenix twelve year old that finds out that he had Ricky's old phone number because after the incident, he started getting text messages from people saying, hey, get well soon, We're thinking about you. And then they realized it was his former phone number, which is so wild, but wishing him well, glad he's on the road to recovery. So we found out that Oasis was doing a reunion tour, which is super cool, but sales prices of tickets are skyrocketing and Oasis is jumping in to stop it. They're saying that they're going to cancel ticket sales if resale prices reach way higher than face value. They said that the original pricing for tickets are between ninety and six hundred and fifty dollars, but I mean resale prices are going up to like eight grand. And they said if any tickets are sold illegally, they will cancel the price of the tickets, emphasizing that resales should only occur on authorized platforms and for face value.
Speaker 3: So if you're going to go and get an Oasis ticket. Keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: Wendy's is reportedly set to introduce a real life Krabby Patty this fall, which is so fun. The burger will be accompanied by a Pineapple under the Sea Frosty I'm here for that, which is a not to SpongeBob's iconic home and it'll be a limited time only.
Speaker 3: So keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: And it's expected to run from October eighth to through Nova number eleventh. And then, of course, one of my favorite things is Taco Bell is celebrating the twenty years of Baja Blast, which is gonna be releasing a Baja Blast Joelato and actually they released it yesterday and you can get it through the Taco.
Speaker 3: Bell app, which we're gonna have to go get.
Speaker 1: By the way, I bought my husband a Soda Stream for his birthday and we've been trying to figure.
Speaker 3: Out a way to make up Baja Blasts at home.
Speaker 1: It's quite literally impossible, but thank god Daco bells around.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this. If you want to.
Speaker 1: Go to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights, it is your time to call right now. Six oh two two, six oh oh nine six nine. That's six O two two six oh oh nine six nine. Good morning, It's six S ninety six nine The Valley's Best Mix. We got Jeremiah on the phone ready to play for his Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nite tickets. Good morning, Jeremiah, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So here's what you're gonna do. Is you're gonna play Priscilla's pyramid. Since gonna say some words for you or she's gonna get me clues and you gotta guess.
Speaker 3: What the word is. Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And the theme is Halloween in honor of spooky season. All right, you ready, timers on the clock, let's go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is when you carve out a pumpkin with a fun face.
Speaker 3: It's called a.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, this is like in Twilight, Edward is the vampire and Jacob is theirwolf, and this is something that haunts you.
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, Paisy Lemon Squeezy, you are officially going to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween whrrn Nights.
Speaker 7: What what is that.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Your kiddo? Yeah, what's their name? Josie?
Speaker 1: Have so much fun with your family, Okay, okay, I love it all right, hang ty Jeremiah on the way the smallest things get us so excited, for example, a tiger versus a lion and why they are going viral on the internet right now We're shocked, yes, and in the best way. But first let's play some Shaboozi on mix ninety six nine. He's gonna be at our iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 3: Good morning, It's.
Speaker 1: Mixed ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mixed. Priscilla here and said, sometimes the most simple, like smallest things get me the most excited and fascinated.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: And I came across this article about a lion and a tiger and comparing their roars.
Speaker 3: Interests.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me ask you this to start, who do you think, just by the two has the most like big scary roar A lion or a tiger.
Speaker 2: Oh my, My instant thought is that the lions is like wh But then the tiger is like a scary growl.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So when I thought of this, because you know, the intern asked me this question, I'm like ten out of ten a lion, because a lion is like the king of the jungle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think of like Mufasa. Yeah, and a tiger is more like stealth.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna play the two, okay, and then you're gonna decide which one is scarier.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, here we're gonna do the lion first.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: The lion sounds like I have something in it for a lion.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say, what is wrong with the lion?
Speaker 3: Now hold on? Are you ready for the tiger? Oh? Excuse me, I have no thank you. I'm done.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be anywhere near tiger, not even if it's in like a cage ten feet away.
Speaker 3: How did the tiger king do it?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Terrified? Okay, all right now, now listen a lot more time to the lion. The lion sounds like it's having allergy issues.
Speaker 1: I mean, does the lion need aspire allergy in signings like I think they do.
Speaker 3: I think they need to go get checked out. Yeah, the lion's more muffled. The tiger is listen own chilling.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could put a tiger in a haunted house and I'm terrified.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, who would have thought? Who would have thought?
Speaker 1: Right on the way, we have our hot topic, the question if you already want to give your opinion is should kids use AI for homework?
Speaker 3: It's six ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mixed.
Speaker 1: Priscilla here Now said, I know a lot of people have some hesitation when it comes to artificial intelligence.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was one of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this mom is going viral on Scary Mommy, the Instagram handle because she says that her fourteen year old son wants to use AI to help him with his homework and school projects.
Speaker 3: She says that her and.
Speaker 1: Her husband are kind of torn about it because they don't know if it's cheating or if it's a tool. And I guess the argument could be made for both sides. So where do parents or teachers, educators stand on this?
Speaker 3: And you said you were against it up until recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean as an adult, I think it makes it so much easier. You introduced me, You're like chat GPT girl. You gotta try.
Speaker 3: It's gonna make your.
Speaker 2: Life so much easier because I would just like summarize things or read through and get bullet points and you can just paste that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's really helpful on time like management and organization. So for that I am one hundred percent in but I get where the hesitation comes from when it comes to like write court like you know, ask artificial and telligence chat GBT, write me a essay on whatever books Charlotte's Web.
Speaker 3: Yeah I will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say it might take away some of the creativity and some of the brain power.
Speaker 1: Well, that's my fear, because we suffer from brain rot as it is, and the less you it's like your brain is literally a muscle. The less you use it and the more you rely on technology, the dumber we get.
Speaker 2: I'm learning that I think I'm getting covered by the deck, especially when they're younger. That's when you're learning. It's like, okay, now, I don't think there's much hope for me to, you know, to get smarter.
Speaker 1: But then I think, like I think, here's my thing is like I don't know anything about my daughter's math right now, So somebody's got a helper.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be AI. Honestly, that's true. I don't know. I'm torn. Maybe you are too.
Speaker 1: But if you have a really strong stance on this either which way, we want to hear it six two two six nine six nine. It's six ninety six nine The Valley's Best Mixed Priscilla. Here, we're in the middle of our hot topic and the question, point blank period is should kids be able to use AI for homework?
Speaker 3: We've got David on the phone. David, what do you think about this?
Speaker 7: I think they absolutely should be able to use AI for homework. Whether or not they're allowed to use it, They're going to use it right like this, There's no way around it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: But also, it's not what learning's about. Getting the right answer. A I might give you the right answer to a math problem, or it might even write you an essay. But as long as there are still tests in school, that stuff's not going to matter and the students tare going to learn that very quickly.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that, David. All right, let's move on to Roxano. Roxana, what's your opinion?
Speaker 8: Good morning? I think absolutely not. I think it takes you know, the value of putting in the hard work for the children and also creativity. You know, kids don't get to be as creative and use their own minds if AI just does it for them.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 1: That's the part that I don't like, because AI, I think, can be really beneficial, but when it's doing the work for you, you don't use your bra and you end up with brain raw, and then you're saying things like skippitydoo dot the lot, like just talking with your brain rot brain, you know exact. I just I can go either way, honestly. Let's move on to Samantha and Gilbert. Samantha, what's your opinion on this hot topic.
Speaker 9: I think it's a great idea to have things like that as far as technology goes. But I definitely think there are some things you have to pay attention to, as with everything with kids and technology and social media. But I do think it's a pretty cool feature.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think at the end of the day, as long as you learn more about it and you can use it to your benefit and not your detriment, it actually could really help.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I am terrible at math, and I we technically use AI if we use a calculator, that's artificial intelligence.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: So this is just a more advanced version who knows.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks Samantha. If you are, for example, maybe your teacher or you allow your students to use AI, or you know a teacher that something where you've had that experience.
Speaker 3: We'd love to hear from you. Six O two two six oh oh nine six nine, Good morning.
Speaker 1: It's six ninety six nine The Valley's Best Mix. We are in the middle of our hot topic, should kids be able to use AI for help when it comes to homework?
Speaker 3: We have Nicole and Chandler on the phone. Nicole, what do you think.
Speaker 10: I truly think that it's going to lead to some problems from the parents that are old school, because I'm old school, but my kids turn to their iPads and all their electronics, and I'm sitting here like I'm supposed to help you, but in reality, I really can't because I don't even know how to do their stuff.
Speaker 1: So you mean like you don't understand their homework and like they're not going to turn to you, and they're gonna go to AI.
Speaker 10: I think they're not going to turn to me anymore. That's where I'm told I want to help them. I would do the research with them if we if that was even an option, but they just turned to electronic You hear.
Speaker 1: That, kids, AI is breaking your MoMA's heart. Okay, I aren't set your mama before he turns of the Internet. Give us a call if you have an opinion on whether kids should use AI to help them with schoolwork. Six oh two two six nine six nine. If you are a teacher, or an educator or an administrator that's listening, I really want to hear from you. Six oh two two six oh nine six nine. Day. It's six ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix Forriscilla here in the middle of our hot topic, and we got Carrie and Chandler on the phone. Carrie, you are a high school teacher, so you deal with this directly when it comes to the potential of abusing AI.
Speaker 3: What's your perspective?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I could see both camps of it where you have the kids that are going to use it, They're going to learn the information, they're gonna probably change it to make it sound more like them. But then you're going to have the other kids, like the one that I had in my class yesterday that was taking a quiz, didn't even read the question, copy and pasted into AI, got the answer, went back over, clicked on the answer, and moved on to the next question.
Speaker 1: Oh no, listen, kids, if you're gonna chat at least like finesse it a.
Speaker 11: Little bit right, like didn't even read the question at all. So again, I think you're gonna have both camps the kids in your classes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let me ask you this over under.
Speaker 1: You know, obviously each side is going to have its little hiccups. But as a teacher, especially in high school, are you for AI helping students or against it?
Speaker 11: If it's done right, I think it could be helpful. But again, it's going to depend on the kids that are using it and what they're in your class for.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love hearing from the teacher's perspective. In fact, we've got another teacher on the phone, Tara and Mesa. What's your opinion on AI and kids? Hi?
Speaker 12: There, I use AI in my classroom. I'm a nine great English teacher. I do a lot of students to use AI. I view it very much as a tool, just like any other adult would use Google or we use, you know, different things to find information, and it compiles it for students, which is help well. I think the biggest thing as an educator is making sure that the students understand the why behind what they're doing and the process. And so I always design my instruction in such a way that like the final product of what they're doing isn't worth the most points. It's the process. So I'm making to be able to explain it. So if they use AI to help them do research and things like that, I'm fine with it as long as they can explain to me, here's the source, here's why it was valid. You know, they need to be able to explain the why behind what they're doing.
Speaker 1: It's like, for example, when you're doing math, you can use the calculator, but you need to be able to understand how that calculator got the answer exactly.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, use AI as long as you know the why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there you have it wrapped up in a pretty little bow.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Tara, appreciate you have a great day with your students, and thank you for everything that you do for our next generation.
Speaker 12: Thank you, have a great day YouTube.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: All right on the way, Not only do we have your tickets to the d BAX, we also have commercial free music. I'm going to place Lenny Kravitz, some Eagle Eye, Cherry, Billie Eilish all coming up for you. Just around eight twenty five right here all.
Speaker 3: Mix fifty five down the Road.
Speaker 1: Alex Warren on Mix ninety six to nine The Valley's Best mixed Priscilla here. So football season is officially underway on Friday, is like, are you so excited?
Speaker 3: So yes, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: But to a capacity because what that means for me is I'm going to lose my husband for the next six months. Yes, honestly in my house because he's a Raiders fan. In my house, we cannot plan anything on the weekends that are football games. Like, if it's a Raider game happening, I make sure we don't do anything at that time.
Speaker 2: Girl, you're telling me we've got a double date plan on Friday and the Packers are plan where we cut it close.
Speaker 3: I'm actually surprised you scheduled that dope during that time. I didn't know. It shows how much of a fan I am. I'm like Friday night game what.
Speaker 1: But it has been really fun to see all the promo for the NFL, and they were out doing some interviews for these young players and asking them millennial questions, and I was shocked when they didn't know the answers to some of these.
Speaker 5: I don't know, let's let's guess the CD thirty songs, four hundred.
Speaker 4: Lord, well maybe maybe fifty use the word tamagotchi in.
Speaker 5: A cent Who tomagotchi? Huh? I don't know what tamagotchi means? Is that like designer song?
Speaker 3: It was topangalora to panga say.
Speaker 5: By the bell right to pang a pang it by that sound familiar?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I don't know name the Spice girls.
Speaker 5: David Beckam married to a Spice girl. I can't. I'm not even gonna lie to you. No, I don't know what her name is. Something spice, some spiy Like.
Speaker 3: What is happening? Four hundred songs can fit out a CD?
Speaker 1: Listen, I get it. Gen Z is like a whole nother era. But come on, they like digital cameras are coming back gen Z. You should know how many songs fit on a CD.
Speaker 3: That's crazy to me. But yeah, they would never have burned a CD. Yeah it's not Gosha. They're in their twenties. It's crazy how young these guys are that are on the field.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, like we're considered old now, oh for football, Like if we were athletes, we would be geriatric. So AnyWho, it's exciting. We cannot wait for football to kick off and cheer. Oh I will be cheering for our original department said, you're on an island over there, exactly.
Speaker 3: Good morning, it's exciting. Six's nine in the Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 1: Priscilla here, So Sid, there's an article about how to get over gym anxiety and actually get yourself to go to the gym.
Speaker 3: It's real.
Speaker 1: You you're a gym goer, though you try to go a few times a week.
Speaker 3: I try to.
Speaker 2: I'm slowing down now in the last couple of weeks, yeah, pregnancy, but usually I do.
Speaker 1: So how do you get past all the gym anxiety of like feeling out of place?
Speaker 2: The hardest thing is showing up And I hate when people say that, but it's true. It's like if you get there and you're waiting for your class to start, and then once it does, you feel great and afterwards you feel even more amazing.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: But it's getting in the door, you know, changing after work.
Speaker 1: That's the part, is like literally driving there. Because this article says things like, pick the right time of day, bring a buddy, have a plan, don't worry about others. That's all fine and dandy, but that's not you just literally have to tell yourself it's non negotiable.
Speaker 2: Something that helps, too, is if you book your class and then if they pin you, yeah, don't go well.
Speaker 3: Yesterday too, it was so funny.
Speaker 1: Is my first time going to the gym in like three or four months, and then before I hadn't gone in like a year because of my surgery. And I tell the trainer yesterday, I'm like, listen, please don't try to push me. I'm like, I'm happy I just showed up. I just want to be able to walk when I'm made it. I'm not trying to be the heaviest lifter. So if you see, if you think in your head that I could go higher and waits, don't. I don't want to hear it. Don't come over and bring me another weight.
Speaker 3: Just let me be.
Speaker 2: You're like me, being here is the best I could do exactly, So just let me be president.
Speaker 1: But no, good, I know, And he was great though. He's like, listen, I got it. I'm glad you just showed up. I'm like, thank you. Now let me work out and try to do my best. All right, here's back, I'll mixed