Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, June seventeenth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and ninety five. I am your host jan Ohhoa, joining me as always co captain of the ship. He's got three tool belts on because he's ready to go at all times. He's armed with several hammers and a putty knife. Jeff Grubb, Hi, Jane Show. Thanks for having me on the show. Fantastic. I'm glad to have you on the show. I'm also glad that he is here on the show. He is the merch master.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: We're doing things out of order this week.
Speaker 3: He's the bad boy of games.
Speaker 2: Medium Mike Manatti just letting that burrito settle. It's getting there, and yeah, I think I'm okay.
Speaker 4: I think I'm okay.
Speaker 2: He's kind.
Speaker 5: He's gonna avoid out like if he's gonna explode.
Speaker 1: I speaking about the Void. He is the Void, uh personified. Jeef Backler, Thank you, Jen?
Speaker 6: How are you pal? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 1: Tummy hurts a little bit too. I've chewed on several pepto bismols.
Speaker 6: Okay, you know that you now you know that'll turn your tongue black. Right, Yeah, but that's cool. Why does that happen.
Speaker 5: Because the the bis mal is is like a mineral that like is black.
Speaker 6: I think that's I think it's that simple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the liquid is pink, but bismol itself, the pepto is pink and it overpowers the bis maol.
Speaker 6: All right, Okay.
Speaker 2: I used to.
Speaker 6: Really enjoy the taste of that concoction. What yeah, when I was a kid. When I was a kid, I used to like take it. I'd be like, I'd be like, hey, on one hand, I got a tummy ache. On the other, I get to drink this thing. I kind of enjoyed.
Speaker 5: Funny because Mike is not like work like this is not him building it up at all. That's just his genuine reaction to this information.
Speaker 7: Was the most cartoon what I've ever heard. We really need that isolate.
Speaker 2: Like nobody like nobody liked the taste of pepto bis We always need that purple.
Speaker 4: Tamata was good.
Speaker 6: You know again, this is when I was a bit ship was pepto? Yes, children.
Speaker 1: Before before we keep going, we have the master of mustard. He is now a connoisseur of all things yellow, gray Pool Pond, spicy mustard, honey mustard, and all the variants our own spice, spice, se brown, gal recor don't give me too much credit.
Speaker 7: Now now I'm currently at the Spicy Brown, I mean the spicy brown from stf I think that's what it was. And then McDonald's mustard and ketchup at the same time.
Speaker 4: I did two at once. You know what I was gonna do?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 7: I told Bank, I said, I'm gonna have a mustard burger tonight, and she goes, what And I said, yeah, I'm I'm gonna get mustard on and she's like, what else, We'll meat and.
Speaker 4: Cheese at least do ketchup.
Speaker 7: I didn't realize that was such a thing, Like it has to be mustard and ketchup, and people.
Speaker 4: Don't do the mustard.
Speaker 7: Well, I burger and so I did two at once. It was crazy and it was fucking good.
Speaker 1: They're like a tag team Dan like.
Speaker 7: But like a peanut butter sandwich is good. I mean, jelly adds something makes it a little different. But like bonk was kind of like like, oh, just mustard would be weird.
Speaker 6: It needs to be like in some sort of office of like international political power, and you.
Speaker 1: At home where continued to support all of this buffoonery and all of these shenanigans and all of these this game ridge by joining us and supporting us at giant bomb dot com slash joy well, appreciate and love all of you. Thank you for helping us out there. There are also many means of supporting us. You can go to store to giant bomb dot com. Don't buy a mug, don't buy a pink toad. I don't think we have them right now, but go buy some shirts. You can also head to co dash fire dot com slash Giant Bomb Tosses, cuple Bones. We're getting the frames.
Speaker 7: We sweat, yes, as soon as we have a card that we can used to expense stuff.
Speaker 2: I swear to God if the takeaway from everything that just happened is that I'm weird because I only like mustard on my burgers are not ketchup.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna no, no, no, no, Joe, Mustard's not weird. That's that's it's weird.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: The no larger than seeking validation from other people.
Speaker 7: Mike, Well, I'm gonna see validations and chat securities from my childhood.
Speaker 4: Chat says, have I tried honey mustard?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: Sorry, I forgot to mention that when I got my McDonald's order on Friday or Saturday, it was a cheeseburger with mustard and ketchup and nuggets with honey mustard dip, and they were both awesome.
Speaker 6: The mustard you had it, s g F. I think was like a Mayo mustard sort of concoction.
Speaker 8: There is pretty pale, right, man, Oh my god, you just blew on.
Speaker 7: What the hell?
Speaker 2: What I try that to?
Speaker 6: Have you had? Where do you land on?
Speaker 2: Mayo?
Speaker 7: So here's the here's the shoot answer to that. This is a three point oh answer. You've never heard three point answer.
Speaker 6: Just be normal, Just be normal, three bright normal.
Speaker 5: That's what three point brother is something a normal man?
Speaker 6: At forty one, we've hit normal.
Speaker 4: Here's the real answer.
Speaker 7: Okay, it weirds me out in a way that like if I hear something as mayo or if it's just straight up raw dog mayo, I will bristle.
Speaker 4: And I probably have not had it.
Speaker 7: But I've been having aoli for years on staying what and stuff like that, and I love it. And I've been doing the thing where Chad is like aoli's just mayonnaise, and I realized they're probably certainly right, but I'm going to act like obstinate and be like, well, that's not possibly true.
Speaker 4: It's aoli. It's a different thing. Got into my head.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure no one's lying to me about aoli being mayonnaise. But I can convince myself that I'm not having mayonnaise, so like, it's easy enough for me to believe I've never had mayonnaise, but realistically I've probably had it in a million different things, and I'm just telling myself it's not there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I think Dan three point zero is also an idiot, but also, yeah, go ahead, man, I don't like raw dog mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: I do, like I eat a lot of things make with mayonnaise, for sure, but I want, like, even if it's just like a squirt of saracha, what's something in the mayo?
Speaker 4: Mike, I am with you.
Speaker 7: On that, But He's like, that's like the Popeyes chicken sandwich things had. It's like my favorite fucking thing in fast food, and I know they straight up call it spicy mayo, and I think just putting that spice in it and having to be a Little Red is like.
Speaker 5: Mayo's a base in a lot of things like that of dressings.
Speaker 6: May I suggest QP.
Speaker 2: Mayo like the Japanese stuff that is like.
Speaker 6: A Mayo, A Japanese Mayo three was a big boy.
Speaker 4: He doesn't need to kid himself. I can just have rad Dog Mayo next time.
Speaker 7: But I'm just.
Speaker 6: Saying cute, QP. You will like it's got a bit of a tang.
Speaker 2: In Dog Mayo.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 6: It's nice. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna posit that for you in the group to expand your male horizons. I'm opening what happened?
Speaker 7: I've heard Ranch has mayonnaise in it, and I love her answer, like I've realized I've been having mayonnaise in life.
Speaker 5: This is growth. I'm still waiting for five point zh but here, you don't hold your horses. Okay, so you're shooting shoot with me for real?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Is that the third time you've had ketchup? You said before you've had it like maybe twice. Sure, So do you think you really think that's the third time in your life you've had ketchup?
Speaker 6: Real?
Speaker 4: Answer?
Speaker 7: Okay, well no, no, no, no, no, hang on, not third No, I probably tried it on fries for the first time at McDonald's while I was a game informers. This would definitely be between nine and twenty fourteen. I tried it on fries. I four shoot, had never had it on a burder. I don't think I have had ketchup on anything but fries or maybe like potato wedges once or twice at some point, but even then it is probably in the like it's not three. But I don't think I've had it twenty times. Okay, but this is definitely the first time I've had it on.
Speaker 5: It basically right right to have it less than twenty times in forty one years, Yes, it's basically having it two times because I.
Speaker 7: Get dipped from my fries all the time. It's always ran to barbecue sauce. But if I'm in a situation where it's just ketchup, now, I will have ketch up.
Speaker 4: You know, It's fine.
Speaker 6: Look, you know a lot of the same way that I deal with you is the way I deal with my son, And I think the good thing in that sort of world is like he tries shit and he likes it. So that's where you're at. Yes, yeah, and I love that for you. Yes, that's why I love that. You're just trying shit out and you're liking the majority of the things you try out. That's called growth. And who can be met at that?
Speaker 1: You know what, Dan, I'm happy for you sampling at the Buffet of life.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Jan Yeah, drink, that's what Robin Williams.
Speaker 6: You know what I want to get past. I want to get past the fucking bullshit where you're like, I don't like the color of this, therefore I'm not eating it or trying.
Speaker 7: That's That's never been the case, you know. I've liked okay with what all the time.
Speaker 6: That looks weird, it's probably got pickles in it or lettuce. I'm not eating it. Color though, dude, whatever, I'll eat all the colors something that you don't eat based solely on appearance. I'm done.
Speaker 2: I don't like this anymore. Don't worry.
Speaker 7: You're almost done with the Rikers this week now with truck on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Maybe I planned my little camping trip to coincide with that.
Speaker 3: That's smart, smart he is, like, what is he gonna beta branch or.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: But I respect that Jane. That's smart, that's thinking.
Speaker 2: Head Hardo Gonzalez says. The new guy at work has been trying to get everyone to try peanut butter banana and mayo sandwiches.
Speaker 5: Banana, I'm sure that's fine, is awesome. You put me on a sandwich, it disappears into the bread. It just makes the bread wet. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: My issue is not the mayo bread wet.
Speaker 4: Have you had a peanut butter burgers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I try, I would try, said, Yeah, striker, A striker made me order one once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a gimmick, but it's not a bad one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all, y'all got like a favorite burger gimmick that you like that.
Speaker 7: You will completely Cowboy the Cowboy burger type thing where it's like barbecue, sauce, rings Rogers, the Toy Soldiers burger.
Speaker 6: There waiting the movie tie in burger.
Speaker 7: Yeah it was small so Small Soldiers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Toy Soldiers is a very different movie shot.
Speaker 7: That's an xbo a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Yeah, the Rodeo Burger. I don't know why I remember this the thing about the time, but the radio Burger was originally a tie in with Small Soldiers and it just stuck herd.
Speaker 5: I was working there when that, when that happened, and that so you triggered me in a very violent way.
Speaker 2: It was I'm actually kind of mad.
Speaker 6: So and that's just the idea of like barbecue sauce and onions and ship Yeah, onion rings on your ring.
Speaker 2: Maybe bacon, bacon, bacon.
Speaker 5: I feel like bacon can be a part of that can be, but it's not necessary for a rodeo burger.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always enjoy an egg on my frid Egg had done that.
Speaker 4: Yet, but I I could do.
Speaker 7: I remember one time at E three, Abby ordered pizzas with eggs. So this is another summertime video game convention pizza controversy. We had, you know, Backlars fuck up and then Abby also ordered pizza once and I had egg all over it, and I remember just being like, what the hell is this and.
Speaker 2: Why would you do this there?
Speaker 7: And she and she wanted me to try it, and I was like, that was that was Dan, That was new Dan. He didn't try new things.
Speaker 6: I just keep remembering Abby getting that crab at that seafood place.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: You told me, oh my lord, I don't think you were there, maybe not that's just when I think this was when we were like not telling you stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite moments of SGF was we were talking about Fortnite and I said, I'm still kind of a pubg guy, and Abby almost to herself, was like still.
Speaker 6: They made me laugh.
Speaker 2: Hell, you get me.
Speaker 1: When Abby burns you, it's like a specific kind of burn, and it's.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, it owns. Yeah, it's like wow, directly laser targeted.
Speaker 2: Did Dan, do you have a food that you don't like that you just kind of keep eating out of shame or you keep hoping like I'll be honest, I don't know. I love eggs and I still just keep and I keep trying to turn around on it. I ate that whole egg that was in my ramen. I'm like, everybody loves this, it must be good, and meaning I'm like, that's still kind of weird.
Speaker 6: Why did you go back and forth on though?
Speaker 7: Here's here's the thing, and like I and again, this is three point zero. I eat eggs as much as like there's been an old you know, the cooking and egg chills and all that stuff. That's all true, but I eat it regularly, and I am kind of like unless I loaded that with so much like pepper jack cheese that I can't even like really taste the egg. They just kind of make me queasy and not in a weird way. I just don't love the taste of eggs. Really, don't you breakfast stuf in general.
Speaker 2: Everybody much, they're putting eggs on more things than ever.
Speaker 6: That eggs, bananas, super food. You're gonna live forever. If you don't like them, don't eat them. But yeah, they're putting them on everything. That's fine because.
Speaker 5: You can make an egg in a way that makes it at least palatable to a lot of butter and cheese.
Speaker 6: Most people like eggs. You're getting eggs. It's got a lot of butter.
Speaker 1: I saw someone make a breaded fried egg sandwich and it kind of mad my brain.
Speaker 6: Amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eggs are like one of those foods where it's like in this white that's so expensive, I want them every day.
Speaker 6: But in everything they're also being everything. They're used as like a bonding game everywhere, Like no, I know you're talking about like you know, over easy scrambled. I just don't like them, really don't.
Speaker 2: Like even when we had that deviled egg at that one restaurant in l A. I like the filling, but then there's just this weird kind of egg base and I like try to eat that like yum. People like these and I'm like, oh, this egg part is just so weird.
Speaker 6: I think I could eat ten hard boiled eggs in a row.
Speaker 1: All right, TGAs that's the segment, yeah, with the with with no yoke.
Speaker 2: I want yolk.
Speaker 5: Okay, that doesn't that's apparently that's you're eating air at that point.
Speaker 6: I know, but that's like a tremendous amount of cholesterol. I just don't cholesterol. That's I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, over eating. Last night, I made a real bad choice.
Speaker 7: So we had a whole Dairy Queen birthday ice cream cake in the freezer, and it's just like we had a ton of it left. And last night I was high and playing Destraining two and Bunk brought me a slice of Dairy Queen ice cream cake that was just so fucking chunky and giant and probably fifteen hundred calories on its own, and then I had another one afterwards, and my whole face was like sweaty. I didn't sleep well last night just because I had almost like half of an ice cream cake after a big dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I played Foh yeah, all right. I kind of pieced together in my head why I had such a bad tummy ache the last day of SGF.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, I think that morning I was feeling a little bit more anxious. So my bright idea, And keep in mind the night before I did drink half of a big buzzball and then when I was cleaning up my desk situation, I realized, oh yeah, I polished off the rest of this Jack Daniel's bottle. Now the morning I was like, oh, I'm a little bit like nervous about today and shooting everything, so let's just take more of my antidepressants.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then I think they recommend that you should mix that with a jack Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, oh, you know what, feeling a little bit sicky. Pooh, let me throw in a day quill in there.
Speaker 2: I want this to not sound judgy at all, but I just ended up drinking very little during SGF, honestly, and I recommend it. I feel great, Yeah, fun, what's that you think you're better than me? I think I might be getting further and Seco than you, So maybe for that, but for this.
Speaker 1: No, well he said the magic word, and the magic word was the name of a video game. Mike Manati, you were playing arguably one of my favorite games of all time that I may or may not have finished off of stream, and I haven't said that out loud because that would make a couple of people anger out. Uh, Mike, you've been playing Sechiro Jan.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry I insinuated I was better than you. Clearly not the case. Not only did you you know how much I would have to let everybody know if I beat Sekero, right, it's a major character flaw, like I did that on stream. Who gives a little shit? This game's very good, loah, this game rules. Like is this like the best action game in terms of like just like sword action game, right, because.
Speaker 1: That's the genre here. Yeah, I've been chasing this high for forever now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like it's almost less of that typical frum Soft thing than Ale was expecting, because you know, like Bloodborne, Oh it's dark Souls, but you know, Victorian, you have a gun mostly for counters. Blah blah blah. It's like, okay, so this is just gonna be you know, uh Samurai Dark Souls and like, no, a lot of the RPG stuff is out of in terms of the character customization. The class is even leveling up. There's some progression item sure, but you know, all that stuff almost feels more Devil May Cry than Dark Souls. And then you have all the verticality with the wall jump in in the grappling hook. Oh, I love me a good grappling hook.
Speaker 7: It's a good hook.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I know we've been using the term perry slop parenthesies negative. Perry Slop is nothing but parenthesis positive for me all day long. God, I love Parrying and video games. It's so good. I've been thinking about it too much. It's almost like this point where game criticism as an idea breaks down, right because it's like, I like Parrying. I don't well exactly, I can't write like five paragraphs to defend my position here, but it feels fantastic for me. The game is still absolutely gorgeous. You know, I love in these games where I do come across up Boston. Maybe I could just go and do something else in this In this game a little bit less so there are some upgrades, but it's not like I can just go grind enemies. Yeah, yeah, So you know, Madam Butterfly was her name, and I think a lot of people say she's one of the first quote unquote roadblocks. I was like, okay, just fight this boss for like two hours, learn its mechanics, and then like on an attempt forty take it down. And it feels so freaking good to do that. It feels amazing. So yeah, like you know, a lot of hype on this one, but it's already one of my favorite from soft games for sure.
Speaker 4: That one is so cool.
Speaker 7: That game, but it's like the only from Soft games I've really beaten in the Soul's series or whatever is like Bloodborne. I know it's not the Soul series, but souls Borne, Like yeah, Bloodborne and elden Ring because I'll just grind and grind and grind and grind and over level myself and then I can go fight something. But like Secio, I can't remember if I beat Madame Butterfly, and I feel like I played like ten plus hours of Secio and it was just dying and dying and dying because like I can never I can never get the perrying thing down or whatever. So like, I respect those games so much, but I just I hit a roadblock always pretty early and stop.
Speaker 2: Right cause, like again like a Bloodborn or a Dark Souls, it's like, well, you know they don't have parrying, isn't a thing get to do a ton of you can block, you can just the role. There's other things you can do. You can have a build that's very range this game. No, you're gonna have to parry and swing your sword actually, so it's definitely a bit more rigid, but it's also a play style that I love. Like, if I could choose play styles, this would be the one I would want to go to anyways. But they do fun things with that. Since you're not making a player character and all this stuff, you know, you actually are a character who is a bit of a story, not a ton of Ba's like he's talking all the time. But there's a little bit more going on here narrative wise. It's not just a lore and I love that. But yeah, I'm using this too much. I love the lore slop in the dark slop them for sure, but yeah, I like a little bit more framing here.
Speaker 5: Have you like put the piece together any of Like, oh, when you die. It affects the world and everyone's getting more upset and some characters are acting different and stuff like that. Because that stuff, like I noticed, I didn't fully understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually just got like the item to cure them if I want to. But it's like one of those things where it's like, don't cure them unless like you need them for a side quest, and like, okay. That's always been my least favorite thing about these games is the oddly up too side quests that I usually just don't end up because I either don't do them or have to rigidly follow a guide or listen to my chat to see what to do, and I find that boring also, so maybe they're a bit more intuitive in this one. We'll see. Uh.
Speaker 5: And then I always whenever Secroo comes up, I have to mention that I beat Jinny Truro with while holding Addie when she was a baby, so she was sitting right here and.
Speaker 6: Like that that's all I needed to hear. Yep, and is tough?
Speaker 7: So yeah, is that the last boss?
Speaker 2: Uh? No? No, but he's like.
Speaker 5: One of the later game bosses for sure. O.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool cool.
Speaker 7: I watched Kayla trying the last boss and she is like maybe the best gamer I've watched those type of games. And she that last boss. I've watched her for hours try to beat that and it just seems impossible.
Speaker 2: So you'll admit I'm better than her when I beat that boss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I I I think you should challenge her, and I think that's a few I would watch. So yeah, you know what, I.
Speaker 2: Get to that final plaus I should tell her. She just both floated up at the same time.
Speaker 4: Oh, you should, that'd be great.
Speaker 5: And then, uh, this is a mount rushmore of games you don't actually want white people to say the correct way, like because it's it's like and it's like, you don't ever want me to say the game the right now. White people were like, people are like, you gotta to proounce the word the Japanese words, right. I'm like, you don't really want that, Like do you really want me going around saying like, no, come on.
Speaker 2: That's stupid. Now I kind of do okay, well just do you okay? All right? All right?
Speaker 1: Going from one incredibly tough game to another game that's just tough to look at mine's eye grub.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: This is a video game allegedly.
Speaker 2: You just laughing hearing the words of mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it is this year's punching bag deservedly. So I got really built up because it's Leslie Benzi's He's the guy that directed basically a lot of Rockstars games since, like GTA three and stuff like that, maybe even before I don't know, but yeah, he was instrumental to all of those games, and this was his first one.
Speaker 6: After leaving Rockstar.
Speaker 5: And it just feels completely duct taped together, and then between the duct tape is smoke and mirrors. There's nothing there. It's you drive to a mission, you shoot some guys, you drive back. If you go off the path, it's a game over kind of like yeah that the Red Red Redemption two does that, and I've complained about that that is not a fair comparison. That is like, well, no, we're gonna let you play a video game. This one's like no, don't even try actually to have fun here, or we'll shut the whole thing down.
Speaker 2: The excuse me.
Speaker 5: The only interesting thing that we really discovered was you could spaghettify seb. You could drive into your friend with your car after it gets out and he turns into a giant spaghetti monster, and that was the only time that that thing remotely looked like a fun thing to do.
Speaker 2: You keep saying spaghetti. The one time he did it for me, he turned into a tent. I couldn't.
Speaker 6: Yes, he did. He did, like pitched up like one of those auto tents. Yeah.
Speaker 7: One of my favorite things I've heard about this game is Giovanni from Digital Trends. I posted this, uh this link on Blue Sky. He said, quick spoiler for the game, But when you beat it, you unlock free roam mode, which contains quite literally nothing, and you were forced to play as this character by default and can't change anything about him. If you click that link, it is just a gray haired man and a gas mask and a turquoise crop top with the words can't drink dust over his belly button and tied I shorts and you have to be that.
Speaker 2: Look at this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you have to be that guy.
Speaker 2: What is this? Okay?
Speaker 5: I think I gotta unlock this. Let's all be him prowl this season nuts?
Speaker 2: What are you like?
Speaker 6: Why is this even a thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 6: You can't can't drink dust man?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 4: The weirdest default character?
Speaker 2: Mag are we sure that the Bens did what he did for GTA?
Speaker 1: Are is there documentation?
Speaker 2: It's that, But like we see so much of these people who made their name on some big game or franchise golf through something else make the spiritual successor, and it just doesn't work out. You know, the Dai Katanas, the Mighty Number nine, the Balance Wonder World. There's a few, right, blood Stained, blood Stained, but it seems like more often than not, it's like, Oh, you need a whole team and support system and all this stuff to make these games happen, and just going off and doing your own with gumption and a lot of skeets, is it going to make it happen? Uh? Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think we said during the thing that this does honestly feel like the Mighty Number nine of GTA games, Like it really really does. So yeah, don't don't waste your money on it, just watch other people play it. Even that is kind of boring. So if this thing wasn't, like I guess it's like fifteen to twenty hours of these stupid ass missions, I would try to get to Can't Drink Man, But otherwise I'll to just live vicariously through Uh yeah, Giovanni over here.
Speaker 6: Is the character from the game. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: No, it sounds like it's not.
Speaker 6: It's just like a random mad Max like right off, guy, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh wait, chat, you're confused. We're saying bloodstain was the exception. Everyone's like blood stained and.
Speaker 5: That's not We're pretty clear no blood Yeah yeah, you were literally talking about exceptions and that's where we mentioned blood stains not our fault, and.
Speaker 2: That one's on you. Yeah, I'm sorry, all.
Speaker 1: Right, gang. Uh well, you know, the switch to came out, and I believe all of us now have he switched to. Shouts out to my boy Dan reb for selling me his uh. And one of those games that is occupying a lot of time is Mario Kurt.
Speaker 4: Whoa first though, grab.
Speaker 7: I saw your thing and I tried it about the kickstand serving.
Speaker 6: What do you think about this?
Speaker 7: Okay, so you did it where you had your fingers like I do.
Speaker 6: I do it in a bunch of different ways.
Speaker 5: I adjusted to like get comfortable whenever when removed strikes me.
Speaker 6: But that's one of the ways I've been doing it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: Now here's the thing I saw in your comments that is my new way. You go all the way up. I like this, and there are these nubs here and then you can just rest and so this is just like you're it's like a grip like more so than the other way. So like go all the way up and then put your fingers on the.
Speaker 5: Back of audio listeners that are wondering exactly what's going on. Dan is holding his switch to and he's extended the kickstand while holding it, and he's kind of to put it all the way up, and he's found these nubbins there that his middle finger and his pinky finger sort of rest underneath, and it's supporting the whole switch to.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: I've been playing in a variation of this, and it makes it like super comfortable, to the point where it's like I wouldn't even consider getting grips now for this thame, especially if they're gonna get especially if they're gonna get in the way for.
Speaker 1: The audio listener. Mike Manatti, in the meantime, has also been juggling three oranges but being repulsed by them at the same time.
Speaker 2: Getting them getting the natural oil stuck on my fingies.
Speaker 6: I gotta say, I I don't like the heart. I don't like the ergonomics of the switch to you tried.
Speaker 5: Have you tried using the kickstand it's a grip.
Speaker 6: No, I'm legally forbidden.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not to touch the kickstand. I think there's a season to asist.
Speaker 6: I've never even opened it up because I just, you know, I don't know if you found a way to kind of like organomically hack the grip on that thing. I don't know. It's it's it's making my hands like claw up in a weird way. I think like the steam deck is like kind of perfect for me. I've I don't know, I don't love it. I'm actually upset. Yeah, I mean, let's be real.
Speaker 5: The real analog stick below the butt the face buttons is just straight up worst than having it off to the left of the face buttons the way it.
Speaker 2: Is on the steam deck.
Speaker 5: It is you have to jut your thumb down.
Speaker 7: What do you consider the as the angle better?
Speaker 5: Like, Mike, I hear you. Here's interesting, I'm right and you're wrong. Like it's just I agreed, I have I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I've ever had a problem with almost any control device. So okay, I don't like the way the steep deck feels.
Speaker 6: Oh, but where the anale stick is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like it on the left of the face, butns it's weird to me, okay, just like you just move your thumb to the left.
Speaker 6: My problem is small.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: And it's like I'm get normal thumbs and then.
Speaker 2: The thumb nub. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This isn't the place to discuss this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, talk to your talk to you dead, talk to you dead.
Speaker 5: The switch to the stick is like, I don't mind an offset stick. People are like symmetrical versus offset.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it offset.
Speaker 5: I don't mind this. It's too far down. Yeah, there's a been your thumb too much.
Speaker 6: There's something going on where like I can play Mario Car for forty five minutes and I'm just like, I don't like what's happening with my hand stuff. Now it's a problem. It's the problem.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's well for me.
Speaker 7: I've never even thought of this, being like, I've never like considered the distance of the stick to the face.
Speaker 6: Preser, And it has everything to do with what it is physically doing to.
Speaker 7: My Sure, well you are the oldest here, so.
Speaker 6: Right, that's got nothing to do with it. But yeah, yeah, what do you mean, Grubber, Are you oldest?
Speaker 2: I think so, aren't I?
Speaker 4: Normally he's fifty three?
Speaker 6: Wait a second, you didn't know I was. I'm a year older than you.
Speaker 2: I thought you were.
Speaker 6: I thought you I thought we were like the same agent. Oh and then you're birth We have like our birthdays are two days apart. But I'm eighty two, you're eighty three.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm the middle child of Giant Bomb.
Speaker 6: I'm the youngest Dan. You just dressed the oldest. Everyone else is younger. Okay, okay, uh yeah, No, it's got everything to do with the ergonomics, like it's so I don't know. I don't know, it's it's bad. And I also don't like Mario Kart. But that's an whole.
Speaker 7: Well, that's not a game that's ever come out. No game is called Mario Kart. So it's Mario Kart World. You normally he's also Mario Kart World. Drifty normally like Mario Kart and this one just isn't doing it for you? Or are you generally not a big Mario Kart fan?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I enjoy it. I celebrate the whole franchise, for sure. Uh, there's I don't know. This one is just not landing with me. I think, you know. I was listening to the Next Lander podcast and what Alex said about the tracks all sort of like blending into each other. I think I'm on board with that. There's a way around not enough separation.
Speaker 4: We've hacked it. We figured about you hacked it.
Speaker 7: So instead of like if you're doing like an online Grand Prix, you know, four races, five races, whatever it, maybe you gotta press the plus button during the like when everyone's voting on the map, everyone has to press the plus button, and you can pick a map, pick a track that is not connected to the previous one, and then you will just do three laps like one on the option.
Speaker 5: You can like you could pick that track and then you can connect it to another one, or you just pick that track again and it'll do all three laps on that track.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I mean and so you don't know the in between stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's on the the that's lower down the list on my grievances. I don't know, I'm not just I'm just not having as much fun with it as I did with eight when it first came out out.
Speaker 5: I just think I think it's a bit too chaotic, and that's my like small criticism that for me, would like put it out of seven out of ten, set of a D eight out of ten.
Speaker 1: I so love how chaotic is me too?
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 5: There's times where it can like it can be really good, and then I think the bulk of the time, for me, it's like, oh yeah, just random chaos again.
Speaker 4: To me, it's just it's Fury Road.
Speaker 7: It is like the most Mario card has ever felt like that, and I love it so much.
Speaker 5: I feel appreciate that they make it so when you get hit by some objects you sort of just roll into the hit ye keep a lot of your momentum. That does make it feel more like Fury Road, which is like I don't know why that doesn't actually happen in Fiery Road, but it feels like something that would if it was a cart racer, would.
Speaker 1: Would it just like a shy guy that is the Doue warrior or would it be like a walla ouigi that's the warrior.
Speaker 4: Now too powerful?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: I think shy guy is a good call for that, yeah, or.
Speaker 4: Maybe cow oh.
Speaker 6: I also think like the driving around in the free roam fucking pointless.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a thing to do in between the races anymore, though it should be it should.
Speaker 6: Be more, It should be more. You know, Dan's gonna run defense for this fucking game. That's just not amazing. But I think I just wanted to.
Speaker 2: Sell well, I don't know, buddy, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I really Jerry still out on that, but yeah, you know, it's just uh, it's just okay. It's it's a week launch title with.
Speaker 3: It every time I play it, like launch title a salute killer rapp Like it's weak.
Speaker 6: It's super weak. Uh, Donkey Kong would have been a better launch was gonna kick ass.
Speaker 4: But they call Mario Kart World a week launch title.
Speaker 2: It's not a good pantry solon Damn, it's not as bad. Hey, look what I bought because of Because you guys are having so much fun with your fucking cameras. I got one of these.
Speaker 5: Now believe that we won this battle because you were bringing anti camera early on.
Speaker 2: I was and did like I fucking would like see you like drive past me well talking it every time. It was so buy.
Speaker 5: It's a good feature. Okay, that's okay. Are we doing with Mario Krek. We talk about the switch too broadly. Sure, Yeah, of course all of it's like hidden features are awesome. I think the grap is cool, but like, yes, the camera stuff awesome, game chat overall awesome, game share awesome, GameCube awesome, just everything sort of like below the surface of the system really is what the e shop super responsive, having a recommendation engine, which isn't like great, but it's better than nothing that they had before. It's like there's a bunch of really small things that make the switch.
Speaker 6: To really pop for me.
Speaker 5: Overall, it's you know, I wish Donkey Kong was here, but it's not that far off. And then it's like, Okay, I'm already enjoying using the system in every other way, so pretty impressed by it. Feel it feels like a system that Nintendo did spend years thinking about and getting everything right.
Speaker 2: The backwards compatibility does rule and jennef everything just runs better. Yeah, Jan, I don't want to do the transition for you because I don't be able to. But there's a game I want to talk about back with compatibility. Maybe you could help me switch to game.
Speaker 1: Greg you're done talking about the switch to as a whole.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we have.
Speaker 7: It's crazy that that game share works in a regular switch Yeah, I didn't realize that was the case.
Speaker 6: That's it does work.
Speaker 7: So I can share of switch to exclusive game with people on like a switch light.
Speaker 5: But the game share has to be something that the game supports. It's not any game, but it's built into the games.
Speaker 7: Okay, you get Mario three D World on Mario Kart World has game share, right, I don't know. I'm not sure if they switch exclusive games will work on switch one talking about it?
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait wait, Yeah, you're saying that a switch to game share could play Mario Kart World.
Speaker 7: I'll look it up.
Speaker 1: But well, it sounds like we're painting with broad strokes here, just like Mikey and I have been painting in Splittoon three.
Speaker 2: There you go, they get back.
Speaker 5: You call it paint and they I mean Splaittoon fans. You have to call it ink or I'll still yell at you. I've discovered any times.
Speaker 6: Oh, is that because of the octopus or squid situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Situation? Yeah, you know, you know, yeah, they're kind of crazy about that.
Speaker 1: There's a weapon that is literally a brush.
Speaker 6: They still yell at me.
Speaker 1: Think brush, all right, we're just gonna call it squidges.
Speaker 6: I think they don't prefer that from the sound of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess no one can yell at us. Now. This has been what I've been playing mostly on my switch to Actually, yeah, Jane, im are you doing multiplayer mode? That single player stuff?
Speaker 1: I have not explored the single players tough. I've just been doing the multiplayer mode, and I can't help but feel that my enjoyment of Splittoon three multiplayer would be increased. Uh A if I was better at the game. B if people also stopped playing the game when I stopped playing the game and didn't increase their skill levels. Wallet, I'll playing it and see if we had the stupid Nintendo camera so I could.
Speaker 2: See everyone's baby on the game? Is that an three?
Speaker 1: It's not? It should be okay?
Speaker 4: I download that.
Speaker 7: I want to try the single player after hearing people talk about that.
Speaker 2: That's my pitch for you, Jan because you know where there aren't any mean you know what people are about your vegans. They don't have a life, right, you know where there's not any no life, Try hard squidgeszers in the single play what's happenings.
Speaker 7: Are you doing the rogue light?
Speaker 2: Uh so I'm not even doing that yet because I have to pay for that.
Speaker 6: Why do you always create a new character, Like I just think how amazing if just like completely unaware Nintenda just goes to market. They're just like, yeah, it's called Squidger, that's what it's called. That's what it's called.
Speaker 2: I get it. Start the whole squidges thing.
Speaker 6: I'm not to remember squidgezzers.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just like and or right he did, and Hans Solo didn't start the rebellion.
Speaker 6: Mike carries with him.
Speaker 1: Yes, right man, they're like the Han Solo to my end or I'm fine.
Speaker 6: With it, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know these games always have good solo campaigns. I enjoy them for some reason. With three, I barely touched it that much. And here, you know, just having some of these graphical improvements and whatnot, it's a good excuse to go back in there. The campaign is actually so freaking good. It's a ton of fun. It's almost something like Mario three D Platform or Escapop. All these levels kind of have something a little bit different about them, some fun gimmick. Like there's one where you can do nothing but use that curling sliding thing. It's just basically all these kind of short puzzles of how to like best use that to unlock a door and move on to the next thing. You have these boss fights that are just really creative even just like the way it works with you know, it's like it's like a whirl map and you have these each different sections and you kind have to unlock different levels by shooting the stuff and spending points. It's just really well done. It's just really fun. I think everybody both somehow knows that's Patoon games actually have great single player content, and yet it's still sort of underrated to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna play it. I'm curious to check out the roguelike mode. I gotta that's a separate DLC, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you have to pay for that, but I kind of want to try that after I beat this. I've heard very good things about that as well.
Speaker 1: If people are asking in chat, does it have backwards mouse support, I I don't think about.
Speaker 2: I don't think so it's not. Remember, this one was just like a free update, and the free update is great. The biggest thing I noticed with the free update was before whenever you were in like the town hub, that ran out a much lower frame rates than the rest of the game, and it's kind of like jarring And now that just is perfectly smooth too.
Speaker 4: You do a motion, Mike, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Turned that on because yeah, that works. Yeah, especially in this game, Like I don't like it in some other things, Like I think I turned it off in Metroit Primary Mastered maybe, or I think I had it a rock right when I was playing that the remastered version. But yeah, that that stuff feels really good in this.
Speaker 1: What what weapon do you roll with?
Speaker 7: Mike?
Speaker 2: Well, so in this mode, like a lot of times like you have to use the specific weapon right in levels. Yeah, yeah, but it's funny because I'm kind of en norm me anyways. I do just want to use the you know, the normal super Silker squirt gun thing a lot of the time, the Tommy gun one a lot that, the the double pistols where you can like Dodger roll that's pretty that's pretty fun. Uh. I really enjoy the big fat roller that's like, yeah, yeah, school, that's I think I like that more than the paintbrush that they add. In terms of the more short range weapons. I really want to play more Platoon with with y'all, and I kind of want to try and decimate another video game website.
Speaker 7: We should do that, didn't we do that way because we did it with Next Lander when three came out.
Speaker 2: That's right, that one of the earlier streams, like dis I remember they made like somebody made art of us as like the squid icons, and I was very excited about Oh really, yeah, I think Jeff contact photo my phone is still his like squid icon from well that's raight yeah back when.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it turns out Splatoon has always been a good game, and I'm happy for the splatooners out there for getting a new injection of squid kids just blasting their squidges all over the place.
Speaker 2: Speaking about Switch one Games that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that this had an update, but Paper Mario the thousand Year Door, I don't know.
Speaker 6: If it doesn't.
Speaker 5: I'm just using the switch to as a reason to kind of finish it off.
Speaker 6: And I'm on a roll.
Speaker 5: I got the eighth Star, which I think is the last one, and that's kind of where I left off, So I think I'm on the home stretch of getting getting through the end of that game.
Speaker 6: And you know what it was.
Speaker 5: One of the reasons I fell off is you know, each of these chapters, they are vignettes. They are self contained a kind of and every time you start a new one, you're like, what can't be as good as the last one? Kind of a bummer that I'm done with that because I wanted to keep doing that fun stuff and now I got to go do this, and then every time it's just as fun or sometimes even better. The train was fantastic, and they did a good job with the paccene of like getting you into the village or going into the train station to solve some puzzles and then getting back on the train. There was a section there late in the game where you have to sort of go you have to chase someone from zone to zone, and then I'm like, oh, luckily right away I discovered or refound because I'm sure I saw it before the fast travel things, so that made that easy. Overall, it's like, yeah, this game is as good as people said it is. I'm glad I'm seeing it through because it just continues to be fantastic through the end of the game, and it's like, oh yeah, I could still play Switch one games on here, even if they haven't been updated. It looks great on that screen. It sounds great on those speakers, which I think is another under sold part of the switch to which it sounds really good.
Speaker 7: I heard that those speakers are they come out of the console at a diagonal angle. And I got that quiz question correct and intend to switch.
Speaker 5: Welcome to her. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wonder if you really could do much of a performance update thing, because the whole it was a bit of contention that this game is thirty francs per second instead of sixty. Yeah, but I don't know if you just make a patch and have it run at sixty with a big timing based RPG like I mean.
Speaker 5: There's ways to find out if people have ever done that when the game has been emulated.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know. If it like breaks things and it needs a lot more work than just that, it would be cool. It'd be awesome, but it's also fine. Yep.
Speaker 5: Also, god like another mount Rush, Mount rushmore of like good gimmicks for boss fights and RPGs quizzes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, game shows there, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, Yes, that's what I mean, Like a game show quiz and the boss is like, he's talking tough, He's gonna.
Speaker 2: Beat your ass.
Speaker 5: He is like, I am look at me, I'm so big and tough. And then the lights pop on. Yeah, and it's all glitching and.
Speaker 4: Goomba's in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just top to your gimmick. Give it, give me that.
Speaker 7: In every game, you know, a supremely underappreciated Kong is Swanky Kong. Yeah, Like the name is incredible. He's a game show hosting Kong with the glittery jacket. He needs to being Bonanza. I will mark the fuck out of Swanky.
Speaker 2: Really likes game shows because they have that, and then the whole like grn Tilda game show fake out at the end.
Speaker 1: Of for my fellow dropout freaks out there, I feel like there's a world where Dan Reichert is just and Sam Rerice are the same person.
Speaker 2: That's that's gonna land on a couple of folks such.
Speaker 6: An insult to Sam. Oh my god, No, that's.
Speaker 1: Like a big that's a big boot and dance favor because he's such like a showman.
Speaker 6: I guess it's depending on how you look at you would I like dropout, what's the deal with it?
Speaker 4: I don't know how people watch.
Speaker 1: It it streaming service subscription also, oh only subscription. Yeah, they have like a couple of apps on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, be paying subscriptions.
Speaker 1: Of course, I mean we none of us can, right, So.
Speaker 4: Why I never played Moms can't do that. You just buy a thing and then you have it.
Speaker 1: Like none of us are paying for subscriptions, right, like we're we're all good, right, Okay.
Speaker 6: That's that's a crazy thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that. Cool cool, cool cool cool? All right.
Speaker 1: Moving down the list.
Speaker 4: Giant bum dot Com, slash Joint subscribe.
Speaker 1: It's the only streaming service out there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Going from that three peet of uh switch two games to another trilogy? Uh, gex trilogy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I started playing gext trilogy. I got the code on Friday. It's it's out now, right, did h everyone?
Speaker 2: Ges Dan? I was good.
Speaker 5: I have a code for you. If you need it, let me.
Speaker 4: I would need I need it.
Speaker 7: I needed.
Speaker 4: On Switch.
Speaker 2: It's on Steam.
Speaker 6: I've a Steam Steam I want That's That's what I was asking.
Speaker 5: Either way, Okay, so I've been playing it. I started with gext one because I never played much gas. I must have rented it I like, generally remember the vibe and the jokes, uh, And.
Speaker 2: I guess you can call them jokes.
Speaker 5: And I like the whole gimmick of like collecting TV remotes and unlocking levels, but I don't. I just don't remember actually playing it all that much. And GEX is you know, it's okay?
Speaker 2: Maybe no.
Speaker 1: So that's what I was gonna ask, because my mom didn't let me buy GEX as a kid because she thought it was too raunchy.
Speaker 5: That's just because Dana Gould talks in a voice like you think the jokes are gonna be way raunchier than they are. He delivers everything like he's about to tell you like a dirty joke.
Speaker 4: Is there a Lewsky joke in it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They hurry yet, but I'm sure it is the second one or the third one where there's like they get some model to be like, yeah, his girlfriend, it's right, and the conversation is always just like GEX sexually harassing her and her going, oh GEX.
Speaker 5: I it's I played a little bit of the second one, which is the first three D one, and that one that one's like has a little bit more going on.
Speaker 6: But these these were never great games.
Speaker 5: I and I almost don't know if I fully understand where the gets uh like meme comes from. I guess it must have been one that everyone rented or everyone played. So it's a cultural touchdown that people can go back.
Speaker 4: It's just such a thing.
Speaker 7: It's just an iguana with sunglasses and a platformer. It is just like early three D early PlayStations. I never even really played them much, and that's why I really want. I want to get them my switch to And somehow like that was during my era of like I'm an adult now I can't play a platform or I played metal your solid and think about philosophy, So like I need to go back now that I'm younger and stupider than I was back then.
Speaker 2: Somehow it sounds like you idiots didn't have a three D oh because I know it's weird. No, I was playing gags one at that time. It really was just like I.
Speaker 6: Didn't I didn't know that, Mike, Yeah, it's embarrassing. I know, I don't think it's embarrassing. How did how did that come to be? I just got it after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my mom more to Chili.
Speaker 6: I want to condo. No, it's not I don't think you want a contest. I think you won the socioeconomic lottery.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Three three D is not like CD I three D. It's a good game. One was pretty fun. It was very it looked very pretty back then for a two D game.
Speaker 5: My question is we just make him play three DEO games? No Iris pretty good?
Speaker 1: Well three D O the publisher. I really like war Jets for the PS two.
Speaker 6: Armyman games, Portal Runner maybe yeah, there you go. So Mike, did you did you and your brothers like ask for it? Or was it was your dad just like, hey, it's Thursday.
Speaker 2: You got no, I'm sure like we were magazines was talking about it or something and we're like, dad, Dad, we need a three D O or will die? You know that?
Speaker 6: Brady kids, dude, just like well, Ken have dead children that'll.
Speaker 2: Look poorly for my practice.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Played a lot of Mad Dog McCree on there man that see like on game. Oh and the weird Jurassic Park game for that, which was like a lot of live action vignettes not with the original actors. And then weird video games based off of Artcade classics like Space Invaders. Oh, it was weird. I just remember.
Speaker 6: I just remember that. My only interaction with three DO was like going to you know, an electronicstre and seeing it sort of encased in plastic and add a demo Kiosk, and even then it was just like I don't want this, you know.
Speaker 2: I did find I found my three D O. I gotta see if I can like get that thing going still, because come on, a three D O stream would be pretty cool. Yeah, that would be neat, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 5: I would like that a lot, getting like Slayer, that first person Dungeons and Dragons games actually legit good. There's some good games on three D road Raster.
Speaker 2: Three D is the first Need for Speed, the first game in the Need for three franchise, the Need for Speed, and it originally came out in the three D Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe we do need to do three D O shoa.
Speaker 2: Uh do you have a three D O now? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I might?
Speaker 5: Okay, well you have a mister right, and I think that has a three D O.
Speaker 4: We have a three D like ten.
Speaker 2: I thought the same in list you're doing on original hardwak.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, that's still a rule for black Club. I do have a game in mind for him eventually, eventually, what is it? He's gone he's gonna maybe go get his three d Oh?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 6: Quick?
Speaker 2: Quick?
Speaker 1: Isn't it for audio listeners?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 6: He'll here.
Speaker 5: I don't, I don't know, but it's it's it's okay, it's that cyber Dillo game.
Speaker 2: Is going there? It is? Is this a three d Oh? Yeah? I love the way he looks.
Speaker 6: Is this I don't know. Doesn't it say three d Oh on it?
Speaker 7: Panasonic Real three d Oh Interactive Multiplayer? Yeah, it's a three d oh?
Speaker 2: Is that so?
Speaker 6: Did Panasonic also have like other items that had building.
Speaker 2: The whole point of the three d Oh was that they licensed it so anybody can make a three d Oh.
Speaker 5: It was like a reference card, like you know, ind he makes the GPU, but then ev g A really made it that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh, but that's the three d There was maybe like one other one at.
Speaker 5: Somewise in Japan. Yeah, there was another company, discs CDs. Yeah, it was a c stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Panasonic also made another console, the GameCube, made the CUE.
Speaker 4: They have one of those the Nintendo Museum.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that thing. I always wanted it so bad.
Speaker 6: It looks so then you have that, but you've never like used it.
Speaker 7: Obviously power cable is probably taped up when I got it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if there's a rattle.
Speaker 6: So you have it just for like posterity.
Speaker 4: Or I like displaying consoles and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's a good console. It's it's heavy.
Speaker 7: It looks like a.
Speaker 6: Train station kill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might need a helping hand to lift that bad boy, just like you can use a helping hand to lift up your fellow climber in Peak.
Speaker 6: Oh god, was awesome.
Speaker 1: We played this yesterday on the website. If you miss the stream, I highly suggest you go check it out. Peak dropped out of nowhere. It seems like, yeah.
Speaker 7: I thought they might have done a couple He'ser trailers like earlier this week, but I think it was as close to a shadow drop as you get. Really. I just got an email about it, and I just saw an image of it and it said it's a physics based multiplayer climbing game, and it was like that all sounds fun. Let's stream it right now, And we did. We played four place start.
Speaker 5: The prox audio, which is like, oh, okay, had we known that, we definitely would have played this game.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad we discovered.
Speaker 4: That yelling across canyons.
Speaker 7: You know, there's times where it's like I would go up like the right side of this mountain and I'd be like, oh shit, I lost those guys. And I turned out to see the tiniest little guys way far away, and I'll like, hey, guys.
Speaker 2: Look up here.
Speaker 7: I'm here and let's mate it. Though it's just the prox thing is incredible. It does the thing that like Repo does where the mouth is moving as as you're talking, and they're very just it looks like they have oranges for heads. Just really goofy human fall flat kind of gumby characters. You know, great look to it. Great mechanic of like if I climb up a thing first, like Jan can crouch down and Grub can jump on his head and Jan can like spraying him up up to help him get up there. And then before a stamina runs out, I can hold the lt to like help pull it out with my hand.
Speaker 5: And all that stuff is super necessary because like one of us might have a backpack and that severely hampers the amount of stamina you have because you have extra weight on you. So it's like I was carrying the backpack and so I needed someone to help me up at every sort of term because I didn't have I had like just enough stamina to get there, but not get up over the ledge, and so I'd be like Jan or Dan here.
Speaker 6: Grab me and pull me up.
Speaker 5: It all worked like surprisingly well, Like I thought that the hand grabbing mechanic was gonna be a little bit yanky based on like early experiments with it, and then we did. It's like, oh no, it has a lot of period to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, a lot of generosity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of generosity exactly. And then sort of figuring out how to navigate the spaces became the game, and we didn't quite solve that reddle well.
Speaker 1: I mean we successfully eventually climbed the first mountain. I hoasted some s'mores, only to turn around and now there's a gigantic vertical forest in front of us.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, we thought we beat it because it says like every twenty four hours it's like a new climb basically, which is.
Speaker 5: They procedure generate a new mountain every twenty four hours for everybody.
Speaker 6: So I think I love that idea.
Speaker 7: By the way, Yeah, and I assumed, you know, it's five dollar game it's, you know, generating a new mountain every day. That's probably what the game is. And we get up there and I got like a fairy lantern and then like a new viney, like a whole new biome basically opens up for us to climb. It's like, oh shit, there's more to this than I thought. So that looked way harder that next area.
Speaker 6: I was watching people stream at last night and no, and everyone seemed to be stuck on thorny vine island.
Speaker 5: Like that's going to require I think, real teamwork and really thinking together about every move.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I really enjoyed it. I like, out of all of the prox chat games.
Speaker 2: With funky looking dudes, I think this is my favorite design of funky looking dudes.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of God. It's not like I don't know why. It reminds me of lollipops or like old school cartoons like Garbage.
Speaker 5: Pail Kids, Crazy Little Little Yeah, I see it. Repo is still my favorite in terms of just like visual comedy of the characters, but this one's right there.
Speaker 7: I will say that we watched some of those SGF trailers that we didn't see originally, and the Big Walk trailer looks incredible.
Speaker 5: Big Walk is the one we should like commit to couple streams of because I mean, I think it looks fantastic.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of puzzles in there. Yeah, Big Walk week, a Big Block week, Yeah I can week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go, there we go, all right.
Speaker 5: Big Walk, a short hike. Yeah, we can do a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew it on a treadmill death Stranding, you know, that's one. That's an easy one.
Speaker 7: Which, by the way, that's why I haven't really played much this week is because I'm really I'm pasted where I was in Japan, and I think I'm like near the back part of this game.
Speaker 2: But I'm tired of your excuses.
Speaker 7: Actually, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think next week I can talk.
Speaker 2: Well, it comes out the twenty.
Speaker 7: Fifth, Yeah, yeah you should, you should. I think I can talk about it next week. So I got a lot to say about that game. Probably know you've been playing too, right.
Speaker 1: I have also embarked on this journey. Okay, I will hold my tongue until next week when I can speak about it. Yes, I don't believe any of us got the chance to check out FBC Firebreak, but we will beat that out on Friday for upf I believe that's right. That about does it.
Speaker 2: For video game talk, unless anyone else has anything else.
Speaker 5: Just my kid's been playing a lot more Minecraft. I guess I could have brought this up during the switch to thing. They have moved from Survival over into Creative, so they could just spawn everything. And there's these egg things where you can like spawn creatures, and so they've spawned like ten thousand cats and seventy thousand creepers, and it was causing the switch to like run it two frames a second if that, and she's like, this is hey, I can't play this. And I tried to explain ren during and frame rates to her and she said, shut the fuck up, Dad, just make it better. And so I got it running on the switch to and handed to her and the game is running just fine on that, so like it's like I said, like significant like processing improvement. But now she needs my switch to to play her stupid Minecraft thing. So I've already sort of lost that, and that's oh that's been a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ah, Nintendo, please make a Xeno Blade Chronicles three patch or upgrade. I really I know already beat it. I just want to play it again. I just want to play the fucking flute with my friends that.
Speaker 5: Are gonna die to that's a newer game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wondered. There's gonna be like a day where it's like all flour zeno plates. I've gotten improvement patches or switch to versions or something. I don't know. Yeah, a big one. I'm shocked X doesn't. That was such a late switch one game.
Speaker 1: All right, gang, That about does it for video games. We're gonna take a quick brick break and we will be back with the news right after this. This is Je.
Speaker 7: Well wait, we got him coming in with the news, but I'm gonna come in with the weather and I'm predicting a very severe fuddy duddy storm coming in in the next week or so based on our conversation and the break.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I didn't even say anything. And then you too provoked me. I did a bit.
Speaker 7: I want to ask for next week.
Speaker 5: Some cool things were said and you were silent, and we knew what that meant, all right, and then you.
Speaker 4: Went into full funny uddy mode.
Speaker 2: He wants this, He was kept playing his game. Wasn't the visive enough? He doesn't want all of us to like it. He wants me to hate it. I'm literally falling into his trap. I'm helping you.
Speaker 4: You have played it, you haven't played it.
Speaker 5: That the story and I didn't include uh, I didn't include that. Wood Kid was like, yeah, he like tried to make the game shittier so that people wouldn't like it as much.
Speaker 6: He's like he came to me.
Speaker 5: He's like people at the test are just too good, which is my feeling.
Speaker 2: I want. I would want to know mister Dan Riker down for anything, always good for a goof. When I found out he was interviewing wood Kid, I was begging him to tell him that I, Mike Manatty liked his song from that Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer. But he couldn't do it because Cogi much said to know, and.
Speaker 5: Seriously, I'm an interviewer here. I'm yeah, a journalist, a journalist. Yeah, you can check that interview in the SGF blog out now.
Speaker 6: All right, news this just happened.
Speaker 5: Microsoft and AMD have entered a new multi year partnership for first party Xbox hardware with full support for your existing console games in your living room and in your hands. So basically, AMD, who has been providing chips for Xboxes for a while now.
Speaker 2: Will continue to do so.
Speaker 5: This is maybe only interesting because there was rumors and leaks from the FTC documents when they were when they f toc wassuing Microsoft to try to stop the acquisition of Activision. There was some word in there that Microsoft was looking at a bunch of different new partners, including maybe like Nvidia and some others that provide ARM chips and be like, oh, the new Xbox could.
Speaker 2: Run on ARM.
Speaker 6: Well, that's not gonna be the case.
Speaker 5: It's going to continue to be the kinds of computer chips that are in your PC made by AMD, so they'll have full backward compatibility. And I guess maybe the other side of this is they are going to keep making Xboxes at least based on this news. That's also doesn't surprise me any Is anyone like shocked that this is a company that's going to stay in the hardware game.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not shocked, but I guess I do just wonder what this looks like, because you know, the Xbox series X and S was a very clear successor to the Xbox One, like right, very similar in a lot of ways it's more powerful, and that didn't really work out for them. But what else can you do here? How do they differ? Especially when you know, going into it there's basically no promise of exclusives anymore, maybe a couple maybe timed exclusives game passes being de emphasized. So what's the selling point here now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, we were hearing a selling point could potentially be like, hey, we're gonna let you install Steam and Epic Game Store on your Xbox that this I guess this is not impossible, right, because again, it's gonna be PC hardware in there, and maybe the Xbox can have a translation layer. I suppose that wouldn't be too difficult to make those stores just run on there, if that's what Xbox still wants to do. But I don't know, this sounds a little bit different than that. This does just sound like they're going to make another one of these consoles, as you say, Mike, that have not really been able to find their place without having the obvious exclusives exclusives to point too. But they also did say Sarah Bond a year plus ago that hey, they are working on the next Xbox and it's going to be the biggest graphical leap. Ever, I can't remember her exact words. I mean, how do you do that without making a very expensive Xbox when using the familiar AMD hardware.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I guess that could have just been talk.
Speaker 2: I think she was just saying things, and I'm not saying things. Call her alive, but I just don't understand how that could possibly be true.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's I think that's the honestly, the simplest answer here is it was just words.
Speaker 2: It didn't really mean all that much.
Speaker 5: As far as like integrating the hardware and the software and other stores that probably will continue to happen on the PC side of things, the Xbox OS stuff that's happening with the handeld, the Asus rog ally x Xbox. Thing that seems to be one of the focuses for Microsoft is, hey, let's make all of our stuff work on these handhelds and include backward compatibility from the PC from the Xbox to the PC, so the PC can now play all these Xbox one games that never got ports. And that's an interesting focus, but I think it also just means, oh, the console is even less necessary than ever before, and Microsoft's okay with that, but I guess they're going to keep making them. A Nintendo director is coming this week, focusing on Donkey Kong Bonanza. It's tomorrow morning, nine am Eastern time, six am Pacific. I think they said like around fifteen minutes or something like that. I'm ready to see a lot more of this game. I'm ready for the Donkey Kong hype to overtake me. What are you guys expecting to see from this and should we expect any other direct this summer.
Speaker 7: I want to see more of the Like when I played it, I thought it was so cool that you can basically just destroy the entire area, like you know, there was I think there was like a hub, but then we went into an island, and I want to see more of those islands. You know, it seems like it was like a bomb battlefield type thing. I want to see more of those, and I want to see how the destructibility can play into things other than just like I can dig down, I can dig through. I want to see like whole underground cave cities that you can't that aren't evident from the beginning, things like that.
Speaker 5: Yep, I like I wanted to show like all that goofing off and sandbox play will lead to larger discoveries.
Speaker 2: I'm with you right there on that. Yeah, I also want to see some platforming, right Like, I know, like digging around is the important part here, but I hope that you can't circumvent kind of all of the platforming through that. I hope there's still are maybe sections where there's a lot of just floating geometry so you can't really dig up to it or dig down to us. You still have to do tricky jumps and things like that. But there's there's also a part of me that's like, I don't know if I want to see more of this game. It's coming out soon anyways, I just want to be surprised now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, Mike, Like, after seeing what Dan and I saw in New York, I don't know what else I need to be shown other than I guess the general public seeing that this is a game and.
Speaker 6: It's a month away.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, exactly a month away. Yeah. I'm excited, though, I do want to see more of it, just because that is the next one on the horizon for sure. It's like first party, Big Switch to releases.
Speaker 6: Well, I want to play something on my switch.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm really hoping for is that like, yeah, Donkey Kong but Nanza coming soon. But today on NSO Donkey Kong sixty four. They made such a big deal about getting those Donkey Kong Land games on the Game Boy NSO before Donkey Kong Country Returns came out, which was this year. By the way, that's wild. Come on, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it sucks that it's been long enough now to where I also want to do a reappraisal of DK sixty four again.
Speaker 4: I know I did this on this website. Yes, long enough.
Speaker 7: My takeaway was I don't want to play this so much that I want to send this to in Arctica. But there's like fan patches and stuff now where you can like switch between the monkeys on a flying sign. I think there's something in that game that we need to unlock as gamers.
Speaker 2: I think I never really played that much of it. I want to play through it when it comes on ns.
Speaker 7: You want one hundred percent? Do you want to promise that you're gonna hundred percent? On Mega Man Monday Evening Gaming, I will roll credits. How many okay, So if we get five thousand people come to giant bomb dot com slash join in the next month, will you one hundred and one percent Donkey Kong sixty thousand new people?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolute, we're gonna find five.
Speaker 6: We'll make it realistic.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, tell you're okay?
Speaker 6: What everybody?
Speaker 2: No, you said five?
Speaker 4: It's all right, everyone, rally the friends.
Speaker 2: He'll do it. We have an internal goal I could say if we if we some reason met that by the end of July, the sure.
Speaker 7: Oh really, okay, folks, we have an internal goal that could be done. I want to see him play all of these six were very bad.
Speaker 5: Tell your friends, Oh yeah, we gotta ask our friend and Donkey Kong sixty four enjoy your h bomber guy.
Speaker 2: Yes am, I am? I crazy for like, I don't know, I'm like not that concerned. I'll play Donkey Kong sixty four a lot, but one And what's the one?
Speaker 7: It's you have to get all these golden bananas. I think it's just like it's a major COLLECTI on thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's like that'll be annoying. There's a lot of I have to play actual Donkey Kong at some point the Ark game, right.
Speaker 4: I think briefly that's there. Yeah, that's a good time.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does he have to be in a costume the whole time?
Speaker 2: No, No, no.
Speaker 4: I think he just needs to play it.
Speaker 2: What's what's Lanky Kong's deal?
Speaker 7: They don't talk about Lanky Kong. He doesn't come to the family reunions anymore.
Speaker 5: Everyone averts their gaze when he shows up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he took some turns. He spent a little too much time on on message board.
Speaker 2: January sixth, Yeah, yeah, there was. He was.
Speaker 5: He was back at Beaver Bother if you know what I mean, Uh, that's DK sixty four level.
Speaker 2: That's Infamus.
Speaker 5: Just I want to see you do one hundred one percent so that I could see you experience ever bother that is, uh, that could be something very special. I ever been a bothered before?
Speaker 2: No, there it is.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Uh us away Actually, So wait, do we think we're gonna get another direct this summer?
Speaker 6: I think we might.
Speaker 2: Metroid may Yeah, we'll get them exactly Backler, We'll get a Metroid direct also at some point giving us the release date hopefully Metroid Prime two and three in some way.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I hope that's right, because listen, we don't need a big well I suppose to get like a partner direct right that could pop off pop up at any more.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's like some people like, well, we got to announce some more games for this year, and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, do that. We don't gotta. We definitely don't have to. I think there's a possibility they could announce.
Speaker 2: One more, but they did do.
Speaker 5: Uh well, there was an update recently to something that they announced that they talked about.
Speaker 2: Maybe that kind of I thought that they just announced the game in a stweet, not.
Speaker 5: To in a Nintendo Today app update. Yeah, so yeah, they definitely don't need more games.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe a Nindi's showcase again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, those happened like twice a year. I don't know if we're due for it or not.
Speaker 2: It's up. Then.
Speaker 7: Can you just come to my house some weekend and before the end of July and can we just do a Jerry Lewis telethon just to raise subscribers. Some has to do this.
Speaker 5: I would that you want to, like, I'll fly over also, I'll go do it.
Speaker 4: By the end of July.
Speaker 6: This is due and the number too, because it's.
Speaker 2: A second when summer summer game fess keep doing the summer games done quick. It's at the end of July.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like we can just go there and like that week we could make it the home like the early.
Speaker 2: July this year, it's like July six earlier.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, it's right after I get back from.
Speaker 2: My way to figure out if we want to do that, because I kind of do.
Speaker 5: Uh, okay, okay, well listen, let's talk about it. Let's talk about it all right. Uh they tend to switch two sets all time record for hardware in the United States, beating PS four. It's guys, it seems like it's a set this recordobally as well definitely also set a record in Japan. As people have pointed out, this is a record of like manufacturing, of being able to get enough switch ts out into the channel to have enough of these to sell on day one through day four where they where it's set this record. But yeah, I mean the demand clearly is there for now. I do wonder like what the long term demand for a switch too is as families like look around but be like, well we have a switch, do we need a switch to. But you know, in this moment, it seems like the combination of Mario Kart and just excitement for this thing.
Speaker 2: Is helping plenty.
Speaker 5: They wanted to sell fifteen million switch ts and year one seems like they're going to easily do that, maybe even get to twenty million, which would make it a better selling console than several big consoles we like talk about frequently.
Speaker 2: What I went to Best Buy yesterday to get this camera. The first thing I saw was this giant standee Is said, we do not have any more switch ts. Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but my best Spice set's sold out as well, so there are occasional drops at like targets stuff like that. So people are still getting more but switched to successful so far. Sony kind of started talking about the PlayStation six a little bit. Yeah, I means mostly to say that they are not going to do cloud gaming instead of a PlayStation six.
Speaker 6: It was more like, hey, chill, chill, we'll get there.
Speaker 2: Oh that's there's always some journalists, something like mainstream journalists or something that asks about this because they think that's more of a thing than it is.
Speaker 5: This was an investor meeting, so but same exact kind of person.
Speaker 2: It's always one of them. It's like, why just all on the cloud AI metaverse.
Speaker 5: And the guy, the guy had to be like it costs more to host a game in the cloud per minute that a person plays, like don't you understand that? And they're just like looking at him blinking yeah.
Speaker 2: Because it does. Like it does feel like, how are we already talking about this and yet it's gonna be five years since this PlayStation five released.
Speaker 5: This far, we are far closer to the launch of PS six than we already the launch of the PS.
Speaker 2: Five far sure, that makes sense. I don't like that.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty eight was the year that was in again another FTC leak doc for PlayStation specifically, that feels like at the earliest to me, like late twenty twenty eight, at the earliest I could easily see with PS five pro barely even being tapped them justifying pushing this entire generation into twenty thirty even.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a sad question to ask, do you think more people have played Fortnite than God of War on the PS five?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, oh yeah, without a doubt. Oh okay, its good, No, no, no, I love Fortnite. Your boy got a dub last week and it was great.
Speaker 6: Why is that a sad question?
Speaker 1: Because Fortnite isn't a new game, right, and like God of War is like a PlayStation joint. Yeah, so I'm like, I mean, you know, great, I can play Fortnite anywhere though, sure.
Speaker 6: I mean it's like people who buy new computers just to go on Facebook, remember, like, yeah, of course, right, And that's a little sad. Yeah, from that perspective, is a little sad, like you.
Speaker 1: Don't need a new MacBook Pro to handle Google slide.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what else that's pretty great on switch to? So that was Fortnite. They're looking pretty nice. They know that.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of ads for Fortnite on switch To specifically that have been the same.
Speaker 6: I mean, think about it. It should be uh, it does not run well on Switch one. And that's noticeable even to like the you know, the the people who are at least discerning in that category. They can even tell. So it's a thing that.
Speaker 2: Overwatch big improvements and switch that game early.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll try it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have Overwatch for Switch.
Speaker 6: I bet it runs.
Speaker 2: Better Apex is on Switch right, I don't know if it's still supported on They tried that and no one played.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no one spent any money on that. I remember hearing that, all right. Uh yeah, So they're talking about basically just saying, oh, yeah, we're going to make another PlayStation.
Speaker 2: And it's going to be with a m D.
Speaker 5: It's going to be exactly what people have been always expecting from a PlayStation. So I don't take that to heart. They also said they will continue to do cloud game and stuff, but they are convinced that having local you know, execution of the games is how they put it, is still the future.
Speaker 2: Game's my question. That Heretic game from Naughty Dog, is that a PlayStation five or a PlayStation six game. I mean it's.
Speaker 6: Probably intergalactic the Heretic Prophecy.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a Doom clone from the nineties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, it sounds like like the Heretic Prophecy sounds like a weird drug in a like a Diosex.
Speaker 2: Game or something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, that one's probably like the last year of the PlayStation five.
Speaker 1: I think, hey, you know, what's a good game. I should have talked about this during games Cyberpunk is pretty good. You played that on the switch too is running.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not bad, Fuddy duddy.
Speaker 2: I will try it one more time at some point in my life.
Speaker 6: When was the last time you tried that?
Speaker 5: Liberty Launch did never play Phantom Liberty. He tried the Bass game.
Speaker 2: I tried because the improvements were there, because there's a bunch of improvements there, very different games, and it just might not be from Mikey's all right. I think the thing I keep pointing to is you walk into like a second shop tattoo parlor and there's a neon light that's like that says funk till.
Speaker 1: You die, Jimmy, jim I lived my life till I buy that every day.
Speaker 6: It's uh so, it's too like R rated for you.
Speaker 2: It's rated, it sounds like, but try hard to try hardy edged lordy a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like if someone made a theme park and there people exclusively they didn't like Mike Manadi, and we're trying to make something to upset up right. It's like, e the exact opposite of walking into Disneyland. Everything's there to make me feel bad about myself and the world. I was always like a cyberpug three out of five guy, because I just thought the missions were kind of boring. But I don't know, people have played it in other ways and it looked interesting and that maybe I like need a new character build or something like that, I'd be willing to try it again.
Speaker 2: I sure to forgive that game quickly. That everyone was so mad about Cyberpugget how they when they release it like that? And then it's like, oh, forgiven, Yeah, they wanted to like good it could it could have made better.
Speaker 6: It's I think it's okay to change your opinion over time. No can change your opinions against that. But like, you know, except if it's about Red des.
Speaker 2: We were all like, how dare they do this? And and it's like.
Speaker 5: I think you know what happened, Mike is I think everyone that felt they got effectively punished, right, they got yeah hard enough. Everyone's like you learned your lesson, now are you going to come back to do better? And like we're going to do better, and like they got delisted from from Sony PlayStation for six months and everyone's like, Okay, we don't need to yell anymore.
Speaker 6: Sony handling Daddy's home. They were in time out, they were in time I.
Speaker 7: Feel like with Mike it's like burritos or like a reverse Popeye situation where it's like it was Spinach, where it's like you give Mikey burrito instead of getting really strong, he turns into super fuddy dead.
Speaker 2: Oh like one out of five people not liking Cyberpunk is fine, right, No.
Speaker 4: You've been numerous fuddy uddies today White.
Speaker 2: House does they think? Which is? You know? I?
Speaker 5: I really it was very fun, like they like the chance starts talking about like in Cyberpunk and your time to sigh was two seconds left?
Speaker 2: Yeah, really got me? No, but like, trust me, part of that is actual security. I don't like not liking things other people like like what am I missering? What do I suck? The thing is that it's all about.
Speaker 5: Me, your arc for token. I don't still know how to say that. But when we were watching the Marvel Fighting game thing and you're like, okay, I actually do think this game looks nice.
Speaker 2: Now that was fun to experience, But Jane, like, what what are you enjoying about it? Like this time? What's popping off for you?
Speaker 1: I think I just haven't had like the proper time to just sit down and digest cyberpunk. And it's normally not my bag either. I kind of don't like all this weird techno neon jazz, but I kind of dig it is just being able to sit down or lay down with it on my switch to. I never tried it out on the steam deck, but it's pretty similar. Yeah, it runs perfectly fine on on the switch to, and then like investigating crimes and like, you know, I just kind of stare at that neon sign that says, fuck do you you die?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I get it everyone.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I heard, like I hear the switch to version is good? Is it like? It's not sixty francs per second on switch to? Is it not?
Speaker 5: I think there's a high frame rates that's forty that actually works really well.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. I'm kind of indignant that this seems to be running better than Hitman is on switch to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's annoying. That's stupid that they should have a.
Speaker 2: Performance mode for Hitman on switch to.
Speaker 1: I hear yack, it runs really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does all right. Hey.
Speaker 5: Digital clips is hard at work, one of the hardest work in studios.
Speaker 2: They have another.
Speaker 5: Collection here this time it's for the Arcade Golf series Golden Tea Golf Week, for Golf Week, Here we Go retro compilation. Digital Eclipse announced Golden t Arcade Classics, a compilation of eight games from Incredible Technologies, including six Golden Tea titles. It will be released on July seventeenth, which is around the time we were thinking about Golf Week, and physically it'll be released on October twenty fourth. The collection features new practice in Mulligan modes. Atari's Mike Mica stated the collection aims to bring the Golden Tea experience home with modern enhancements. Digital Clips is also working on Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection of course collections spelled with a K, which will include over twenty versions of Mortal Kombats one through four with modern enhancements and online play.
Speaker 2: They gotta release like a trackball controller for this, right, I hope so?
Speaker 5: But I mean I'm okay with like midickanio on the analog stick, but I would love a track ball controller.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking about the CDI controller for our zett the other day. It's like, man, I want more one game controllers?
Speaker 2: Are is that so good?
Speaker 7: And love?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 5: Yep, golden golden see do you guys ever have a golden Tierra. I was almost like, I like my PC golf games and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: I played links on dos yeah I did too, Yeah, and like Tiger was my big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like early late Xbox, early three sixty Tiger games were great. Otherwise it's mostly the Mario games and then Neo Turf Masters of course, of course Geo Classic.
Speaker 7: I love hot Shots, It's weird. I played way more hot Shots and Tiger than I have Mario Golf. I just never really played the Mario Golf games. O.
Speaker 2: Mario's great, but because the best ones were handhelds when you weren't well handholds.
Speaker 7: And then when I got the analog, that was the first game I really dove into. Is that Mario Golf and it is fantastic?
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, uh, all right, let's see here.
Speaker 5: Arthur Morgan voice actor is also teasing something Red Dead related, following previous John Marston voice actor tease. Voice actors who Red Dead Redemption two are teasing upcoming news related to the franchise. Rob Witthoff, who's John mars Marston excuse me, announced exciting news during a live stream, and Roger Clark, who is Arthur Morgan, replied yes to a fans question about the news. I don't know, Like I think Red Dead Redemption two getting ported to the switch to is definitely something that people have mentioned recently.
Speaker 6: That's possible.
Speaker 5: The game came out in twenty eighteen, that seems like it should be able to run on a switch to.
Speaker 1: Didn't they put Red Dead Redemption on the switch one?
Speaker 4: Was it cloud or was it fully?
Speaker 5: No, it was it was a shoot game. Red Dead Redemption one was on there, and then Red Dead Redemption two is not on the switch in any way.
Speaker 2: It can't be much more than that. It's not like Red Dead Redemption three is happening still no for G six, So yeah, like I can't imagine what else it would possibly be. And they didn't do any deal see right now, not to the extent of undad Nightmare, because they were trying to make, you know, Red Dead Online happen and it never really.
Speaker 5: So there's no definitive edition they could sort of like piece together I can think of. Has there been a native PS five Xbox Series X update.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I don't really think so actually, And one's great. Yeah PCs. Yeah, it's awesome on PC.
Speaker 5: So what I can see this being is a we're gonna put it, We're gonna have a native version for PS five and Xbox Series X and S, I guess, and then well, so release it for switch to, which again, it should be able to run on switch to.
Speaker 2: I think one cup the Red Dead one get a switched to performance patch. I don't know. It doesn't need one though.
Speaker 5: That's an Xbox three sixty game, right, Yeah, probably already already running great on switch one.
Speaker 2: I didn't play it. Yeah, so apparently Red the two is like three frintce per second on a PlayStation five, So yeah, they should make a next gen version of that.
Speaker 5: There you go. That That's that's why was happening here.
Speaker 2: That's what even I was stretching it pretty hard.
Speaker 5: There next he did it, everybody, the greatest match trick you've ever seen. Borderlands four actually won't be eighty dollars after all, and people are seeming grateful that it's only seventy dollars, So son of a bitch, yep. There of course, are like more expensive versions of the game. So if you want, if you you know, have been working that extra job to afford afford Borderlands four. You can get the you know, one hundred and twenty dollars version. I'm sure that gets you early access or whatever. Actually it's one hundred and thirty dollars Super Deluxe Edition and one hundred and fifty dollars Collectors Edition.
Speaker 7: So yet is this he had a speaker, yea, he said a lot of those.
Speaker 6: Borderlands for seventy dollars.
Speaker 5: Do you think there's a chance that they were going to do eighty and they backed off because of the backlash?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 6: I think it probably did go that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah. It's such a weird transition period we're having here where it's like, all right, Outer Worlds two that's eighty dollars, Borderlands four is seventy. It's just like so hard seeing what is what with these things.
Speaker 5: And it's you know, at a certain point, it is just like saying things because so much of the audience are going to be people are like, well, I wasn't gonna buy it at seventy. I'm not gonna buy it at eighty. I am looking for a deal and I'm waiting for this thing to be around fifty forty dollars.
Speaker 6: So it's like, I.
Speaker 5: Guess it's just telling them maybe you're gonna have to wait a little bit longer, or you're gonna have to settle for a slightly higher price than you would otherwise, because these a lot of these games are not games that people necessarily always rush out and get right away.
Speaker 2: Borderlines, for I guess.
Speaker 5: Will be one that sells well out of the gate, but it also does well in sales because of this very reason.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Really interesting September for the release. Yeah, yeah, that I have the release date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, September twelfth.
Speaker 1: I could see a bunch of folks waiting for the holiday time, expecting like a sale to drop, just because like that feels like a good holiday game to team up with people and Borderlands.
Speaker 5: You know, maybe it's not you be soft fast to go on sale, but I traditionally remember Borderlands being like here, it is by that first holiday, you were going to be able to get a good deal on it. All right, A handful more stories here Mind's Eye Studios trying to fix the game. Yeah, they say they feel bad about all the glitches and the performance issues. It was like causing me a lot of problems trying to stream it. Other people are seeing a lot of stutters. We did see a handful of glitches, including SEB spaghetti flying. The game's not even worth really rescuing though, right, Like is is it going to be worth all this effort?
Speaker 2: I mean, like what else is? Yeah? But like what else are these people going to do? Like hurry up and try to make a new game and hope that one.
Speaker 5: Well, I do want to see the fate of don't drunk drink dust man?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's dust drug?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't drink it?
Speaker 7: Though there was something to save there, if there was like a kernel le a like, oh if only this worked, well then this is a great idea, but like there's no idea there.
Speaker 2: The cyberpunk situation here, right, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Definitely it's far from a cyberpunk. I mean there's the user generated content platform that I have no idea. I guess didn't Someone said Leo Vader messed around with that a little bit, so yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Through anyway, what's the last time we checked in on Red Fall? Because like that game got updates? Did they like were they able to fix.
Speaker 5: If we don't get to our internal goal, we all have to play through Red Fall.
Speaker 2: I'll work really hard at that point. All right, let's see here.
Speaker 5: Metal Gear Solid Delta multiplayer mode revealed. Uh fox Hunt, fox Hunt is uh fox Hunt guys?
Speaker 2: What to say?
Speaker 1: A little speaker, guys, A little.
Speaker 6: Little speaker, never heard anybody.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, it's not middle Gear Online, but it is, like, you know, a successor to that. It's going to play a little bit different. But it sounds like when I hear fox Hunt and they talk about like hiding, playing a hide and seek mode, sounds like prop Hunt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's what they're going for. I'm not curious about it. Like I I tried a little bit of middle Year Online back in the day with subsystems and it had some ideas and stuff, but I'm not precious about it. So I'm fine with a totally new approach to the online thing. Just keep Snake Eater the way it is, but the online stuff get funky with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's where you should definitely be messing around and trying new ideas. And then there's the ape Escape crossover thing that's not going to be on Xbox because ap Escape belongs to PlayStation. This wasn't a problem before because usually these games wouldn't come out to Xbox at that time. Now it is, so they have a solution. They're gonna put Bomberman in the place of Ape Escape for that stuff on Xbox, which I prefer. Actually, I love Escape. Give me bomber Man.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, now, what did they do because Bulger saw the three Subsistence did come out in the original Xbox they.
Speaker 6: Probably just didn't have that mode.
Speaker 2: I think they just didn't have that mode by Funky. Yeah. Yeah, so it's a good thing where yeah, it's nice at working on the here. Yeah, bomber Man are cool.
Speaker 7: Did Subsistence come out on Xbox? Yes, and there's substance maybe substance with Snake Skateboarding. Did You're right Subsistence was just PS two?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I was like, well they put substance. Obviously they did Subsistence, but they didn't. Okay, well, then there's your answer.
Speaker 5: Uh, that game is out not that like August right, August twenty eighth for PlayStation five 'sport series and PC. That'll be a nice Dead as summer game. I thought you want to say something like sorry.
Speaker 2: Mat because I did. And then you know what, Jeff can well done because you read my body pleasure perfectly. I did, and then I was like, I don't want to say.
Speaker 5: That fair enough. Well we got to the bottom of that.
Speaker 2: Say that wasn't like trust, it wasn't provocative, It just wasn't a good point.
Speaker 7: It gets Oh, just discorded me what he was going to say. That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Can you believe it? Uh?
Speaker 5: Pre Orders for the Xbox raj ally will be well reportedly begin in August, with launch expected two months later.
Speaker 2: Out of controls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like, I think we called it like Roger and now I'm just shortening that to raj.
Speaker 2: That is that the girl from Fraser?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, this is who's Roger over it? Kind of funny shout, wasn't it Daphne?
Speaker 6: There's daph Yeah.
Speaker 2: Daphne's the living a physical therapist for the love interest of the producer at the radio station, his wife, whose name is like oh uh not on the spots scrambled. It's more of a cheers character. If I'm being Lilith time there.
Speaker 1: Should I watch Fraser?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, great, it's number one, sick on number one. It's not number one, but it's Seinfeldt. It's not better, but Is it better than Becker?
Speaker 6: Yes, everything's better than Becker. Jan it's the one thing you've seen the completion, which is so weird, but okay, it's fine.
Speaker 5: Actually, should watch What's the What's the Good? Yeah, that's exactly right watching.
Speaker 2: Watching an episode because we brought it up. It'd be like this ship is really good.
Speaker 6: Hot and clear, exclusively about menopause, exclusive to the TV channel channel.
Speaker 2: The girl who plays that sad that so yeah.
Speaker 6: Never I've never met a Fraser truther like this who is just like one number one, Like.
Speaker 3: I think Tim Terry might be God, that's so insane. I think the same person.
Speaker 2: If I think if you ask people their favorite sitcom is Fraser would be like one of the like.
Speaker 6: In our ten most popular rants, you would be on the family think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would have not been the top five, probably certainly would have been the top three. But it's mine.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's nice. It's for Mikey's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like a lot, Like I don't want to say Stiphold wears thin. It doesn't. It's still very good, but like, I don't know, there's something about Phrasers, you know me, I need a little bit more sincerity. I need to see that people actually love and care about each other sometimes that I get. I love.
Speaker 7: What was the Seinfeld motto when they were making was like, no hugging, no learning. Yeah, all right, yeah that's us too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I respect that, and I do like that, But I like he likes a little hugging.
Speaker 5: I just yeah, I just like although the fact that Seinhold had on the language of a close talker and all that stuff coming from their double dipper, that was them.
Speaker 2: You dipped the chip, you took a bite, you dipped again again.
Speaker 5: Final Fantasy sixteen runs at seven to twenty P. We got to burn the whole thing down, everybody, this is unacceptable.
Speaker 2: Take your pitchforks out.
Speaker 5: It's gonna on Xbox Series X and Performance mode. It's gonna be seven twenty p. The game looked soft in Performance mode on PlayStation five. I guess this sounds to me like they probably could have had it run at a higher for resolution. But listen, just beggars can't be choosers at.
Speaker 2: A certain point.
Speaker 5: If this is really how you're gonna play the game, just deal with it. But also, like, yeah, I kind of feel like Xbox Series X should be more powerful than that. Should be able to run that game at a higher frame rate. I'm most surprised that Microsoft, after like five years in doesn't have their own sort of a DLSS solution for the Xbox. I thought that they would like get something like that running, and they just don't. So all these games are just kind of relying that on that stuff on other consoles and not having anything to take advantage on the Xbox. Of sports, you could suppose you could use FSR, but that's just not really.
Speaker 6: Breaking news.
Speaker 5: Reporter in the field, Mike Manaughty, we're going to go to you.
Speaker 2: Marathon is delayed.
Speaker 5: Oh, Mike manatty were you're breaking up?
Speaker 2: The storm's coming in Heavy?
Speaker 6: It's delayed to win Well.
Speaker 2: It's not coming out September twenty third anymore, and it seems to not have a new release date.
Speaker 6: That's okay, so I guess it is and not a marathon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll hear from us again fall when we made when we could share the progress you're made alongside the game's new release date. So later this fall, though, announce a new release date. Doesn't seem like this year. I get suppose it still could be.
Speaker 5: Well, there go drop this from my fantasy critic and be very excited about that because I picked that before all this stuff started happening.
Speaker 7: All right, they're gonna have it's a metric prime for delay during the.
Speaker 5: That'd be funny they lead with that least least surprising news in a lot of ways, right, I mean, this felt like obviously they were gonna do this, but no, no new release date. Is it as ominous as it sounds?
Speaker 2: I mean, it just was ominous in the sense that I don't think it's coming out this year. Do I think this is a game that's canceled or never coming out?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, I mean yes, they let everyone play it. The vibes were off and now it's delayed. What else do you need? That's story?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But like, okay, do we think had Concord been delayed they could have turned that into something else?
Speaker 2: There is that question like what are we gonna do here? Suicide Squad is a big example. They delayed that game like a year, like a big delay for Suicide Squad, And what did that do except make the game more expensive of a bomb for them?
Speaker 6: Exactly right. So that's what I'm liking.
Speaker 5: It's not as obvious to me that I mean, yeah, they will release something here for sure because it's Bungie, but like, it just doesn't feel like this is going to be the answer to what ails them. And I guess no one's suggesting that, but uh, yeah, good luck. I don't want Marathon to bomb. I wanted to be able to find an audience because then Bungie gets to continue existing as it does. Although I say that and like, we've heard bad things about the leadership, so maybe it shouldn't get.
Speaker 2: Surprising because like the entire time with Marathon is like, well, that seems weird. But I bet once people play it, they're gonna be like, wow, this feels so great to play and so fun. It said that Alpha came out and people like that. I don't know if I get it, And that was my reactions, like I don't get it. I guess other people are gonna like this. Maybe the it's was no people are making it and here we are, but yeah, like, what are you gonna do? You can't not make it what you made it to be. I guess, like you know, Fortnite was able to pull that miracle. I don't think there's too many in those not a magician's.
Speaker 5: Hat, there's not a lot of like, oh, we have this idea that it was handed to us by another developer that we're working with. Epic was working with the PUBG developer, helping them develop the unreal engine into something to be able to play that better, and as they were doing it, they went, oh, wait a second, we don't need this other person. Now, that's not a situation any other studios ever, in like, because you're not controlling your engine like that necessarily.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know, Marathon.
Speaker 5: I suppose when it re emerges, I think there's a chance it is no longer an extraction shooter the next thing they see it, I.
Speaker 6: Mean think it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, but it's like Chuck Shooter is not that far especially that game that I was playing, It's not that far from just being a Battle Royale in a lot of ways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think you kind of just do something slightly different, but go to something that's a little bit more broadly appealing, at least for Marathon.
Speaker 2: I bet it will still have it. I bet it'll still be an extraction shooter. But maybe it's like here's a Battle Royal mode that actually might really be more popular. I don't know, maybe there's other issues. Maybe you can just make the extraction mode more fun somehow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, hey we should make this more fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could we talk out the graphics on level three?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what the focus group told them right before you pivot out here. I feel like the I want to go back selfishly to the rock ally thing. Please go ahead, because I feel like we missed the wards there. Pricing that was announced, there's some leak. Crazier conversation, Yeah, there was.
Speaker 5: There was some leaked pricing, that's right. So apparently pre orders were going to start in September or August or something like that. I can't remember, at least that these are leaks, these are rumors.
Speaker 6: Sure, sure.
Speaker 5: And then the lower priced one was going to be like six hundred and seven hundred euro.
Speaker 2: This is the number we have.
Speaker 5: But then the one that everyone should probably care about, the X variant that has the more powerful chip in it and has a lot of ram it's, it has the nice organomics and has all the stuff that you want, looked like it was gonna be around nine hundred euro, which is that's like a thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: And then the voice I was going to say in the voice of Mike Minati English dollars.
Speaker 5: What is that English dollars be around a thousand, so yeah, pretty expensive. But also like that's how much these things really are. We were kind of getting subsidized early on, especially by Valve for the steam deck, so it's not like out of the it's not out of pocket or anything like that. It's just a lot of money.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm very excited about this thing. I feel like I might be on an island here, but I cannot wait to get one of these because I just don't I just want one thing like and for this to replace a steam deck and do everything. I'm excited.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've got to be getting closer to like a new steam deck, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it's been a bit.
Speaker 7: I mean the ol ed was basically yeah, start improving for sure.
Speaker 5: But they started some of these other third party vendors that make their own hand LPCs have started shipping with the steam os on there, so that's already starting to happen. I think that's just means it's a matter of time at this point for Valves like and now here is steam Deck two Okay, probably next year. I think that's probably probably next year when that happens.
Speaker 2: Uh, Are you ready for me to jump back to Marathon because I'm looking at this block.
Speaker 6: Yes, let's just go here, go there. I'm just following you, guys.
Speaker 2: They do explain and a in a bulleted list the the ways that they're going to try to make the game better during this time.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So three big bull points there. First off, upping the survival game more challenging and engaging AI encounters, more rewarding runs with dow types of loutnant dynamic events, making combat more tense and strategic. So you know, that's more vague. I did find the AI pretty brink there when I was playing, so that's something that can help. Number two doubling down on the Marathon universe. Increased visual fidelity, so they are tightening the graphics. Uh, more narrative and environmental storytelling to discover and interact with. And a darker tone that delivers on the themes of the original trilogy than the last thing. You're adding more social experiences, a better player experience for solo and duos, and proximity chat so social stories can come to life. So there you go. He sickos. They're adding proximity chat for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's not funny, you know, meant to be used to make jokes of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know, like will all that be enough to turn it around for this thing? Like some of it's vague, like well, I mean you're gonna make the game darker, like in what way it's a you know, it's a extraction shooter. Uh, You're gonna literally darken it. He's gonna like add in some data tapes where people talk about the horror boys they died. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just feel for them because it feels like a problem that's too big to solve. There was an updated from numbers that do include English money five hundred and eight hundred dollars in US dollars.
Speaker 6: According to it's an easier pill to swallow.
Speaker 5: Yes, definitely, So this is not like converting the euros to two dollars. This is like a different set of information. Yeah, eight hundred dollars does feel like okay, I could definitely swing that. And I'm with you back of our where it's like, once I hold this thing, if I know, I find it to be like, Okay, this is something I want to like use because I just need to do that personally, because I think it looks a little weird with the Xbox controller stable to the side. It's like, I kind of want my handhelds to look like a handheld, even if they're getting so absurdly big that that's a stupid thing to even call them anymore.
Speaker 2: But whatever, that's what I want.
Speaker 5: Unless this is just super comfortable and I won't even think about it, which is, I guess is probably what's going to happen. Because people seem to think the organomics are very good. Everything else is lining up where it's like, as long as that Xbox OS interface that makes it makes sense on a handheld is decent, I'll be very happy. That's just what I want there, right on. Yeah, all right, that does it for the news. Let's hand the show back over to Janechowa.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go take a quick pricky break, and we will be back with emails and YouTube super chats right after this.
Speaker 2: These are the emails for the show.
Speaker 1: Emails.
Speaker 7: Email coming in from Dan Record from Kansas I'm going to be in Kansas City this weekend and I just posted on blue Sky on Facebook Marketplace in Kansas City there is a cardboard standee from nineteen ninety five of Reba McIntyre holding a big bag of Fredo's scoops and it is only fifty dollars in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: It's a carper cut from the nineties. What shape could it possibly be in?
Speaker 7: It's not in great shape and I don't know if they just make me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at it on my blue sky.
Speaker 7: If somebody wants to buy that and bring it to my dad, who's Kansas City on the Kansas side, I will take it home this weekend.
Speaker 2: So okay.
Speaker 7: It was my birthday yesterday. This can be my late birthday present. You're taking this.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna leave it with Paul Raker, that deviant, right, No.
Speaker 7: I will put it in the game room next to all my fucked up so okay, good, How are you going to bring a pas It looks pretty folded already, so I can probably give it a fold look. If Jesse even Telley got that fucked up Palm Tree yacht as a guy back to New York, I can.
Speaker 6: Do this follow up question, how did you come to find this?
Speaker 7: I saw someone just post it and I was like, well, I need to get this flow to him like I was looking at it like in the in the leading up to your trip with your dad, or you're just like, well, I'm out there, I might as well just fucking go on market place. He wants me to shut up about it because I texted him. I said like, is this near you? And he says not at all. That's north of k C. That's closer to my friend. Is it near the airport because you're picking me up at airport? He says kind of. I think Gladstone is east of the airport a bit, but not much. So it's in Gladstone technically. Uh, probably twenty minutes for my dad. Anybody wants to get it and bring it to my dad's trailer?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yes, all right.
Speaker 1: BombCast Giant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send you emails to. If you wind up purchasing and want to handle correspondence about the RIBA McIntyre cardboard cutout, Please send emails to BombCast John Bomb dot com Yeah, or Blue Skymie or Blue Sky dam. First email comes from Simon from Saskatchewan, continuing with trivia. Thank you Simon, Hello, BombCast. Pronunciation of this beautiful province does not end with Lund. Like many non Canadians say, it's Newfoundland. There was a case of a person being killed in an argument in Colorado in eighteen seventy six over the pronunciation. It's a pretty wild story too. The murderer confessed on what he thought was his deathbed, only to get better and have to go on the run again. Newfoundland and Labrador has some amazing names for towns, example Conception Bay, Conception Bay South, and there are dozens and would make this email too long. The list is worth reading. Confusingly, Labrador dogs don't come from Labrador, but Newfoundland. Newfoundland dogs do come from Newfoundland though thanks of course you signed from Saskatchewan.
Speaker 2: PS.
Speaker 1: How's the mugsaga going bad?
Speaker 2: Poorly? I think it's great. I had to like set aside like hours today to go through it and finally to do some stuff on the back end.
Speaker 5: He was stomping and in his own house back like just pacing back and forth like looking so grumpy.
Speaker 2: It was great. Yeah, I'll figure it out though, we'll get we'll get on it all right. Next email comes from Mike from Loveland. Hello, giant bombsyebot suit. Last week, jan Live edited an email for me mid read without losing a drop of rhythm, A talent you could only discover because the job you're forced to do. What other hidden talents did you discover you have via the jobs you've worked. During my time as a sandwich artist, I learned I know exactly how much ioli to get on the knife, very perfect, even spread across bread. Love the show, Love you all, Mike from Loveland.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think an obvious one for us is playing a video game, keeping conversation with other people, and keeping tabs on a chat. I know, like when I brought people onto streams that don't do this for a living, I realize how unnatural of a skill that is.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I don't even think about it. And you're right until I see other people in that situation, like, what do you know? I don't like doing any of that. I'm like, oh, I get that now that you explain it. But yeahah it makes sense that that be hard, but it's do it so fucking much, you know. It's it's honestly, it's like I was thinking along those same lines, and it's uh that has helped me. As Like I've had the kids and they're like they constantly want to talk, and they never realized that maybe I'm already having a conversation with like their mom. They don't care about that. I'm going to talk now and be able to like started traffic like we play traffic cop for all that stuff. But all right, you go over here and wait over here while I finish this conversation and you're in this part of that.
Speaker 2: It's like that's the same thing of like managing.
Speaker 5: All these different stuff uh uh, you know, things that need your attention on a stream and stuff like that. So both those things have fed into one another.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes when it comes to linking in like an external mic to a video recording, because I've looked at y'all's waveforms so much, I can just do it by sight or versus doing it by like actually like looking at the waveforms.
Speaker 4: What are the tells?
Speaker 1: Well, the easiest hell, back in the day with Brad, his waveforms instead of going up, they went down because and then Grub has like a unique cadence where like he will pause before like introducing another news story, so it's easier to find a break.
Speaker 2: There you go, interesting, Oh, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Ye intimate knowledge you think you know someone you don't until you stare at their waveforms.
Speaker 7: Baby, yeah, get.
Speaker 6: Deep in the wave forms, the closest thing we have to a soul.
Speaker 2: Exactly like that.
Speaker 6: Wow, backler deep, I know I've been holding onto that for a minute.
Speaker 1: Tom from Saint Catherine, Ontario, Canada, sent from my iPhone rights in. I don't feel good about this, but I finished Mind's Eye tonight and I couldn't have that bee for nothing. Well, I was playing. I was getting a weird familiar feeling, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it hit me.
Speaker 2: A game that was obviously a one point meant to be open world, unforgivable, unforgivably long driving sequences that led to boring cover shootouts, extremely bland, very brown, desert setting, take away the clothes on love making and brothers.
Speaker 1: This is cyber Ride Hell to Retribution. Oh no oh. Also, the game ends in a weird underground temple, so it's all kinds of alone in the dark for the Wii. Anyways, I funk with you all, thanks by.
Speaker 2: But there's a charm yes, charmless Ride to Hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hell's at least funny and goofy.
Speaker 5: He has character, right, This has like Ride to Hell was devoid of anything. It's like a like just a it's insane.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't believe you finished this emailer.
Speaker 1: Tom, Yeah, please spend your time wisely.
Speaker 2: I do think I actually ended up on the mind's Eye subreddit and there are like very interesting people that are like the game.
Speaker 6: Actually, see we need to interview We need to interview these people. Yeah, that is what we need to Hello, Hi, Yes you would like to defend this game? Go on, off you go.
Speaker 5: I mean there was there's those people for everything. There were those people in television a Mico.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just a ravenous group of me. I just I love it.
Speaker 6: It's just copium, right, yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: And you're definitely most likely to find them on the subreddit for that page. Or it's either that or the sub writer is like a complete like hate room with nothing but absolutely violent.
Speaker 6: That yeah, there's between yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, all right, we have a we have two quizzes. Actually who first one comes in? Hey bombers. A couple of months ago, I sent y'all a Dan versus Mike quiz involving the Wo Tong and Lord of the Rings. Well, after extensive research, I now present to you Dan versus Mike Quiz Round two. It's seven questions, each worth one point each. The winner is less Weird for the.
Speaker 6: Day, Oh for the day. Okay.
Speaker 1: Dan has to tell us whether the following character or characters are from Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. Mike has to tell us whether the following rap artist or group is from the East Coast or West Coast of the US. Hell, yeah, I won't ask them to get too granular. Dan won't have to tell us the specific game, just a series they're from, and Mike only has to say East or West coast, not the city.
Speaker 5: Can Me and Baclard just register answers after they do, because we obviously ours don't count.
Speaker 1: And one final housekeeping note, I didn't include Grubbing these quizzes because to my recollection, he has never lost to Dan or Mike in a quiz, so it wouldn't be fair.
Speaker 5: That's I think that's fair. Yeah, that sounds direct to me.
Speaker 1: All Right, Dan, we're gonna go through your seven questions first, and then we'll go to Mike grub backl.
Speaker 5: If you could keep score for me, yeah, I'll do it right now a second, yep, all right, all right, go ahead, Dan, Yeah, from Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest number one?
Speaker 7: Titous we will Mike also be answering the uses to test his knowledge. Okay, Titus is from Final Fantasy and bonus points from ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, just up points.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 2: No bonus points squall Squall is from eight. Okay, that's another point for Dan.
Speaker 4: Erdric sixteen.
Speaker 1: That is incorrect.
Speaker 7: Dragon Quest Oh wait, oh Murry, I forgot we're doing Yeah dragon Quest, No, you've lost the point lost sixteen.
Speaker 5: That's a Final Fantasy game in Quesse sixteen.
Speaker 6: Nope, not yet, still wrong okay.
Speaker 1: And robo.
Speaker 7: Frogs from this isn't a name, sir, but the frog I know was from Chrono Trigger.
Speaker 1: That is correct. Dan, that was a trick question?
Speaker 4: Really, beatron Trigger.
Speaker 7: That's a great game.
Speaker 2: Is so much easier for Dan.
Speaker 6: Can't trick?
Speaker 4: No, it's not just so easy.
Speaker 2: You play. You've played Chrono Trigger. You think I've listened to an entire one these albums? Am about to be asked about or whatever?
Speaker 1: Jade Uh dragon Quest correct number six, the Turks Final Fantasy correct, U last one, Serena and Veronica Uh dragon Quest correct six for seven, six for seven, Yes, he missed one that's six points.
Speaker 2: So what he lost was when he forgot the rules.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, a loss is a loss, all right. I got faith in you, Mike.
Speaker 2: I got this. These are and I'll be guesses.
Speaker 6: Well, you got a freaking coin toss chance for each one. So what's the problem.
Speaker 1: You You may have heard a song and then just equate it to either like bacclar or myself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go. That's that's not always how that plays out in hip hop.
Speaker 2: But sure, well you know there's like an East coast flavor west.
Speaker 6: It's bigger Tupac. That's it.
Speaker 2: It's just like there are two where I think I would know the answer, and hopefully I get those otherwise.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, do you know the answer to Biggie and or Tupac?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, okay, okay, which California loves.
Speaker 6: Let's just Homer Simpson into the bush and watch.
Speaker 1: All right, all right? Number one, the Wu Tang Clan.
Speaker 2: Oh they're from a coast, fight for New York.
Speaker 6: They have a battle for New York. Are thinking jam fight for New York?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, that's.
Speaker 6: That is East coast of course, from the West coast.
Speaker 1: Right the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 2: Oh that's ship. That's not a pop group, to be fair.
Speaker 6: They started out as a like very dirty punk band.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I don't know much about the Beast didn't know the Beastie Boys were rappers.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they do. What's the pop group? Beast thinking of the.
Speaker 7: Boys?
Speaker 2: What about boys to men? What is that?
Speaker 1: That's a dapper dance?
Speaker 6: That's come on, guys?
Speaker 2: Think about The East is in the name, just like the Beast Cast, and maybe that's where the Beast Cast came from. I'm gonna say the East Coast.
Speaker 1: Also, well, you know what no Sleep till Brooklyn baby, because you got that point correct.
Speaker 6: They have a song called No Sleep to Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know that.
Speaker 5: Brooklyn Definitely. It's been in movies and stuff and the video games.
Speaker 1: It was in the Newest Turtles movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, where'd you think?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 7: Alright?
Speaker 2: That's hetic prophet sanitary all right, Tupac Dupac. It's from the West Coast.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, good job? All right, Okay, number four the n w A. We're not answering what the end stands about that.
Speaker 6: Then, don't be a funny duddy about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what could the G possibly mean? I don't think it's George. What do I think there's the n W ship I was gonna say, maybe the G stands for Georgia. I don't know what. From the journey sound a town of trip hop. I believe you this is this is good because maybe the W stands for West. That's you're giving me that way?
Speaker 6: Okay, another four letter word, but that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, week uh.
Speaker 6: Work, the answer is not in the name. Listen, you just have to guess. You have to flip a coin. Here's yes, you're correct. Okay, number five Mike can clues. You've gotten everything correct so far? All right, yeah, number five, jay Z.
Speaker 5: I you kind of annoying. You've already taken this quest.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, Angele's state of mind is a big here.
Speaker 6: He said it, You said.
Speaker 2: It already incorrect?
Speaker 6: Was that was honestly harder than any of the other ones.
Speaker 5: I lik, you've only gotten one wrong so far, so you're still still a chance to tie.
Speaker 1: We do have we do have tie breaker questions, just in case the New York thing.
Speaker 2: That I have heard that song, I just you know what jay Z sounds like New York State, New York.
Speaker 6: I just wonder if you could pick his voice out.
Speaker 2: Of a lineup. Probably not, is what I wonder.
Speaker 7: All right, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: Number six Eminem Eminem is from Detroit. This is my correct question.
Speaker 5: Nice, Uh you understand eight miles you know, I understand what that means mile marker and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People are like, wow, is it that long? And it's no shut out.
Speaker 1: This is for the tie. Give me overtime, Okay, give me?
Speaker 4: Is it gonna be Biggie?
Speaker 1: Number seven Kyle Parentheses, Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 5: Oh, buddy, listen, it's dangerous if you get this one wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, this song the one song I know? So wait a second, who does he not like Drake?
Speaker 6: You start to deduce geography based on his Now he's Canadian.
Speaker 2: I'll just give you that one, okay, ship, Well, you know, because tupacing Biggie at Old West East thing. But I don't think it's about that with Drake and Kendrick Lamar. I'm trying to think. I watched that halftime show and it was very good. I don't remember many of the songs, though. There must be some reason that's obvious. Was he wearing what was he wearing West Coast?
Speaker 6: West Coast?
Speaker 2: Mike, Mike, that is correct, But what made you have a question?
Speaker 6: What made you land on West?
Speaker 2: Then? I think I saw I think I remember seeing him wearing some kind of like Lakers or some West Coast sports team, Dodgers aint.
Speaker 5: Yes, all all the dance like yes, Serena Williams came out and Dodger stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 6: What about what about big on hold? Sorry? Sorry sorry sorry, Now.
Speaker 1: We're in overtime. Oh nice, Mikey. I'm gonna ask your tiebreaker question first, and then we'll get the Dan Mike, Yes, which East Coast rapper did Tupac have a famous feud with that eventually led to both of their deaths.
Speaker 5: As a reminder, the loser of this is weirder for the day.
Speaker 2: Biggie Smalls. Biggie Smalls, Sega Titus A, Super Nintendo.
Speaker 6: Backwards anyway backwards and Super Nintendo Sega Genesis A damn could.
Speaker 1: Never All right, Dan, this is your tiebreaker question.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to lose this other fucker. It's all on you now, though there's no way I'm weird to forgets of this.
Speaker 6: Pressure's building.
Speaker 1: This comes from Jerry in Wisconsin shouts out for all the hard work. Jerry, thank you for the quizzes.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: Until the release of Final Fantasy sixteen, this character was canonically the strongest mage in the franchise.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, shut up, shut up?
Speaker 4: Do Can I ask a question?
Speaker 7: No Kingdom arts count as part of the franchise?
Speaker 2: Yes, Donald duck?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, they're going down to the Wire's the question, though?
Speaker 2: How's that fair?
Speaker 4: That's a fair question, right, Is I allow it?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 6: Okay, can't.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: It was just clarifying for today. You're both normal.
Speaker 2: Take away from all of that.
Speaker 6: That's a bridge too far. Dan, don't write checks, you can't cast well done, Dan, Yeah, there it goes. All right, let's let's just do a jay Z West Coast.
Speaker 2: What don't you guys?
Speaker 6: You actually probably should have lost the hole.
Speaker 7: Like the Beastie Boys were a pop group known we tied letter of the law. But you were way weirder while you stuff.
Speaker 2: You missed, you missed a question because you forgot what game we were playing.
Speaker 4: All right, that's the dumb, not weird.
Speaker 7: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Dumb.
Speaker 6: Dumb's not weird. Dumb not weird. If dumb was weird, it'd be a much different contest. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: For folks that didn't know, Donald Duck was the answer for that.
Speaker 6: As I heard that, I didn't even understand that question. So I heard joke.
Speaker 4: I've heard enough be like, oh, Donald Duck is the strongest mood.
Speaker 2: Yes, the problem everyone says it around. No one's walking around me being like Jay z Sure is from the East Coast.
Speaker 6: Because it's common knowledge, I might as well be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in casual conversation, I feel like I hear way more about wrapped than uh yeah, the circles.
Speaker 2: My circles, I'm hearing a lot more about Donald Duck.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, still, but still, I'm sure there's been some sort of hip hop Disney connection that you've overlooked in some meaningful.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, let's let's quickly get through to one email and then the last quiz of the show. A dream, Uh, cargo rights in peace? Uh, salt and pepper. What's your third essential flavor enhancer?
Speaker 7: Joe's casey barbecue season, French fries season.
Speaker 2: Let's let's yeah, let's say it like not a blended one. It's got garlic, powder, garlic with you that can go and basically anything savory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like all the hot sauces though, yeah, charmers.
Speaker 5: On cheese, oh yeah, oil and vinegar, especially especially if I have salt and pepper on there already, Like that makes the whole thang work. Vinegar is a base of a lot of those hot sauces as well, so I kind of like like.
Speaker 6: An Italian sub right, yes we could be in it. But also yeah, of course exactly. Yeah you want you want to lunchable for lunch? Get Oh yeah, let's do it. You want the oil and vinegar on that? Hell yeah? All right oar.
Speaker 1: Last email of the show. We got plenty of emails, so much, so much emails, so many, so much support, so many kind words. Thank you for sending those two bombcasts, John bomb dot com. This is the last email of the show. It's a little bit of a long one, and this is a quiz for all of us so we can work together here except me because I have the answers. This one comes from Valerie. Hello bombers. Jan said on the last BombCast that he always includes quizzes that people send in because they take time and effort to make well. You're right, they do. I sent in two quizzes. The boat took me about twenty to thirty minutes each to put together, and you ignored both of them.
Speaker 7: Jam, Yeah, what the heck?
Speaker 2: Here they are again, in case you want to unhurt my feelings.
Speaker 7: Jam, all right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The first one was for bing bong land words. Choose whichever one you think is a real word that British people use.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's bing bong land?
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess, okay, all right, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: All right, I think yeah.
Speaker 1: If you folks want to look over the answers, I do have them pasted onto the email doc.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Question one, Which of these is a real word that British people use? A crumbled stumps or.
Speaker 6: B No, I think it's crumbled stumps.
Speaker 1: Crumble the stumps, stumbled bumps, rumble, d thumps or d bumbled thumps.
Speaker 2: I think it's dumb.
Speaker 4: I think it's stumbledy bumps.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's bumbledep bumps.
Speaker 2: These crumbled deep stumps. Wait a second, don't just throw. I think it's a. I think it's a.
Speaker 5: For the record, I think it's I can see rumble, rumbled the thumps. That's something in town.
Speaker 1: Are correct.
Speaker 6: Rub Ah, Yeah, what does it mean?
Speaker 1: Rumble thumps is a traditional dish from the Scottish border.
Speaker 5: Wow, I honestly you want to know my strategy? I picked the one I thought sounded the dumbest.
Speaker 2: Rubble The thumps is A. It's a potato cabbage and onion casserole. Oh the yummy? All right, okay, next one? A wait second, I'm sorry, I'm sorry this set it's similar to Irish cold cannon and English bubble and squeak. I don't like teletubbies that have been turned into people.
Speaker 1: Okay, question to uh A Cotty swabbles B, Collie wattles, see Cobby swaddles or D Collie wobbles.
Speaker 4: Collie wattles B.
Speaker 2: I'm with Dan. I think it's.
Speaker 5: By swabbles, Collie wattles, Cobby swaddles, Collie wobbles.
Speaker 6: Coli bulbus. How did they say that? What do they doing?
Speaker 1: Should I do this in an accent?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the only way I can hear this, Colie wolbles. I'm gonna go with A. Oh, sure, I'll go with A.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is D Coi wobbles.
Speaker 6: What does it mean?
Speaker 1: Refers to an uncomfortable feeling in the stomach, often caused by nervousness or slight.
Speaker 5: Fear of Colie wobbles all the time, Am I am I, Timothy Tom, I'll got some Calie wobbles?
Speaker 6: All right, I should beat that burrito.
Speaker 5: Of Suddenly it's offensive now that I start doing it, just because you can tell I have hate in my heart, you do say it in a derogatory way. I can't probably put my finger.
Speaker 2: Especial relationship with your I'm honest to.
Speaker 6: God, trying like I'm trying. I'm really trying.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's be through the next couple. One of these Bob's Noodle, Fop's doodle, cops noodletop doodle.
Speaker 7: Cops noodle ce BOP's noodle a a fop doodle.
Speaker 1: Be correct, You're it is p pop doodle.
Speaker 2: Means the dumbest one.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's the trick he's got. I need to talk to like Tam or Lose. I don't believe these are real.
Speaker 2: And or the Santa Maria. I wonder. I don't know. Pop doodle means a foolish, insignificant person.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, what's up?
Speaker 2: You're a fuck doodle? Mike.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back and edit this now.
Speaker 2: Got him? All right?
Speaker 1: Question for uh dumb bas shoot, bumba shoot, slumber shoot, cumba.
Speaker 4: Shoot, bumber shoot be I like cumber shoot.
Speaker 6: I hope it's the.
Speaker 2: That I'm hopeful I got a slumber shoot.
Speaker 1: Dan, You're correct, bumber shoot, bumbushoot. It's an umbrella.
Speaker 6: That's too many syllables.
Speaker 2: All right. Now, I'm like, did they have they did they say that word to Mary Poppins? Now it sounds familiar. Next one, wazok basok razok or masok masok d I think I've heard was maybe I'm making that up a wa. I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 1: B bass back Lauren, Mike, you're correct, is a stupid or annoying person?
Speaker 6: I love that these are all just derogatory.
Speaker 2: I value your friendship. You're a nice guy.
Speaker 7: I hate this.
Speaker 1: What do they call dish soap in bing Bong land A fairy liquid, b bubbly scrub. It's sink splush or d dish soap?
Speaker 4: No way this could be a true.
Speaker 6: Question feels so much like the.
Speaker 2: Crub.
Speaker 4: I think it's just so, but bubbly scrub sounds.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with fairy liquid. You can't be It can't be a. It cannot be a.
Speaker 1: Your mind's eye has opened because it is a fairy?
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 6: I need confirmation for one of the chats right now? Fairly Liquid fair Fairy Liquid is a brand.
Speaker 2: We call it. We call it dawn. Yeah, you know, it's a clean situation.
Speaker 6: All right, But that's but that's dish soap is just dish soap. But fairly fair way, I keep saying. Fairly Fairy Liquid is a.
Speaker 2: Brand though, Yeah, but brand that's becoming piquitous and here right, I can't that's yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: The I understand. I understand how words work.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right? Uh question seven, I'm sorry, I'm not over fairy.
Speaker 6: God, yeah, fairy. I mean, look, I guess you know it's I don't know, it's like sparkle clean, you know, it's like whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay. Question seven? Which of these is not a real bing bong food dish, A spotted dick b tote in a hole see bubble and squeak d sticky mins putting.
Speaker 7: I think it's b I think it's ce bubble and squeak.
Speaker 6: Well, they just said bubble and squeak is the food oh be I thought that. I thought that's what they said. I could be wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go sticky minse pudding because it sounds too too much.
Speaker 2: Like real food.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I think it's b I think it's more of a direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you right now, you're wrong. But tone in a hole is when you put a sausage and like a rising bread thing I've seen.
Speaker 6: I thought that was of something else.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is d a sneak, spotted dig YouTube spotted dick is steamed pudding. Tone in a hole is a dish of sausages baked in Yorkshire pudding. And bubble and squeak is fried potatoes and cabbage.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you go there for the food, right, I don't know if you go I don't know if you're going there for it's so good, you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what some spotted dick with your bubble and squeak.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I'm just saying I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead and tell Valerie right now. We're not gonna go through the second quiz because that is a little bit too adult, uh, And we're not gonna go into rule thirty four with a quiz.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 6: I'm not that independent.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I want to see it.
Speaker 1: I'll copy and paste it later. I think it's whoever has more?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: Do you have one more question here? Unless I haven't read that, is that we do have one more question? We have Okay, we have one more question?
Speaker 1: Question eight? Which of these is not a real saying? In being bong Land and I'll put on the accent. Don't get shirty with me if you sandwich is short of a picnic, like a biscuit and a rainstorm, not my circus, not my monkeys, biscuits.
Speaker 6: It seems this all seem accurate. Yeah, I think it's a maybe.
Speaker 2: I think I've heard B and D in a sounds so ridiculous. I think they definitely use it.
Speaker 6: They'll get shirty with me.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well C just is a saying, So you're right, maybe I should go with that one, because that like sounds like something you would say, like you don't want to put a cookie in a rainstorm.
Speaker 1: I'll go and see the answer is see.
Speaker 6: Your grub. You just figured this out. You saw the matrix and you're just like, this is what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I understand white people. I just do deep down.
Speaker 2: One day.
Speaker 7: I hope to get to your level, big dog.
Speaker 6: You are the biggest anglophile among Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Uh, don't get shirty with me means don't get short with me. If you send, which is short of a picnic means not very bright or insane, and not my circus, not my monkey's means not my problem.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna start using it. I really hope we might have a job where other than working at a circus.
Speaker 5: It's the most applicable because look, just a bunch of monkeys, and then like, if you're gonna do your thing like, not my circuits, my monkeys.
Speaker 6: I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Jesse, did you see you have an animal too now at the zoo?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, I gotta what.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know the species? Like it looks like a mirror cat kind of yeah, like.
Speaker 6: Yes, it looked like a little kind of you guys all have the same zoo animals.
Speaker 1: Monkey named that?
Speaker 2: What you want? What if it was a monkey name macgroover?
Speaker 4: That's not me.
Speaker 7: I kind of relate to mcgroover more than most characters.
Speaker 1: If you want to name o a t I.
Speaker 5: That's the name of the animal. The name of the animals grub apparently.
Speaker 1: Name one of the animals buzzballs like.
Speaker 2: A marsupial or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, all right, gang, That about does it for emails this week. BombCast Giant bomb dot com is the email adressed to send your emails to Mike Manatti. Do you have a super chap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah we do. We get rid of this one from Ricardo earlier. But boat Night says they have bacon ketchup Dan. That sounds good, well, bacon.
Speaker 6: Nar wals brothers.
Speaker 1: Can you say I can have cheeseburgers? How you say cheeseburgers can cheese bulls?
Speaker 2: That would at.
Speaker 6: Nuclear grade? Like that brought me back into a believer. Actually you need God now.
Speaker 2: Azelu says if you eat mayo by itself, you should be committed. That wasn't saying, like, obviously a spoonful of mayo be disgusting. But I don't want regular mayo on like sandwiches. I want some kind of like put a little garlic in there. There's already usually some garlic, but like a lot of garlic, puts a hot sauce. I want some kind of Mayo bas not just straight up Mayo as something about that. It is a little weird to me. I don't know why. Ol Greg says, I need to see Mike and Dan's reaction to this Platoon three big Man boss fight and that roguelick mode is kind of easy but very fun. Yeah, you said you were gonna try this Plato. Yeah that's fine. I think I like it. Yeah, uh for what God says, shout out to Meredith Marx Real Housewives SLC. I don't know anything about this.
Speaker 7: I don't know what do I right?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: I meant to google that one, like to verify.
Speaker 1: Googled it.
Speaker 2: It didn't hope. I think it's just a contestant on this season of Real Housewives.
Speaker 6: It's not a game show.
Speaker 2: Housewives.
Speaker 6: It's a reality show about like women, affluent women in a city affluenza.
Speaker 5: It's a really terrible thing. I feel for them.
Speaker 7: Not my monkey's not my sir.
Speaker 2: There you go, pros. When is the mic three point arc starting? I don't think we've gotten the two point zero.
Speaker 5: I can't think of a person I would want to want to change less like, don't ever change, just go in any direction don't learn anything new, don't prove you're fine.
Speaker 2: As you are.
Speaker 4: Thank you the one that needs to change.
Speaker 6: There you go, there you go. I mean, think about it, Jeffy, you know me.
Speaker 2: For a while, you think I'm different in any super noticeable ways.
Speaker 5: I know, but you're like you practice the things you've always been good at, like being like paying attention, being mind phone and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: So yeah, no, you're fine.
Speaker 1: Maybe go listen to some hip hop.
Speaker 6: Okay, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: I could do that. Yeah, Ricky Be says, petition for you guys to use on God instead of for shoot for a couple of weeks on God.
Speaker 6: I mean, at least people would know what we mean.
Speaker 2: There's always that. Yeah, we're ready with a one more petition here from Rickey besas petition for you guys to start using bruv uh.
Speaker 5: My kids won't stop saying bruhis. Their their children, they're girls, but they go just bruh to their mother all the time. Tell you what, she doesn't appreciate it. She doesn't like it very much at all.
Speaker 7: On God on God.
Speaker 6: That is it's just unavoidable. I mean that it is.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 6: It's the new dude. It's like yeah, yeah, it's just nothing you can do.
Speaker 2: It's it's the YouTube. I asked my niece, I'm like a father's day, we had like a cookout, and I was like, do you do you know about Italian brain rot? And she just was like Ballerina cappuccino. Yeah, they all know, they all know.
Speaker 5: I really appreciated Jesse Vittelli, who I don't know if it's because of his Italian heritage, knew all about Italian brain rot and he gave me a crash course and now I could return home and ruin it for my kids.
Speaker 4: Hey, you got pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fantastic shots out of Italia. U just in general, thank you for the super chats everyone, Thank you every chats everyone, folks. What do we got going on for the rest of this week? Gay Mess Mornings popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. But before Gay Mess Mornings tomorrow, y'all are going to talk over the Donkey Kong banans a direct right, Mike, do you think you're gonna finish Blake Club tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I just don't know. Like there was not a lot of projects for me last time. I was also sleep deprived last time. I'm also like confused about these bosses because the game lets me fight them as much as I want, and I'm not sure anything is happening when I do fight them, so that's upsetting. I don't know, I could My bet would be no. My bet is that I don't think tomorrow, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: On Thursday, we have a very special guest joining us on the voicemail dump truck. Paul Reikert is going to be joining us.
Speaker 7: Hey, I will be in person with him in Kansas and hopefully with a Reba McIntyre, Fredo Scoops thing behind us.
Speaker 1: Got I hopings crossed, anything can happen.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: For UPF We'll be checking out fire Break FBC fire Break initial reviews don't seem too hot on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of seems pretty mittling, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Sell you yeah tomorrow, aren't we also talking about doing some punch out?
Speaker 2: We yes's just gonna go over this.
Speaker 5: So tomorrow after Games Mornings, I'm gonna play punch Out for we gonna like The idea is, hey, can I get to Donkey Kong and maybe beat Donkey Kong? I know I got to Donkey Kong before. I'm trying to remember if I ever.
Speaker 7: That's crazy if you did, because like, yes, I love that game, that World Circuit thing.
Speaker 4: I've only gotten a few boxers in.
Speaker 6: It's really hard.
Speaker 4: So you're not going to do tomorrow, But like maybe we'll just you know.
Speaker 5: Punch out. We're just gonna hang out. It's gonna be a good time. Then on Thursday, I'm gonna have Audie Sorely from Limited Limited Run Games on and we're gonna talk about the Gext trilogy while I play that.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna hang out and I do I want to say, Because this is the last bodcast before next Monday, here we go. No shit, it's gonna be a Monday with a Mitch everybody, because the inaugural Monday Mornings Miss with Mitch will take place at ten thirty am Pacific time. That's the start time there, and then that evening at five pm Pacific eight pm Eastern Monday evening gaming at Mike's at night. What are we gonna do for that? Who knows?
Speaker 7: Well, Mike, if we hit our goal by the end of July, would that be where you played Donkeyong sixty four?
Speaker 2: Kong sixty four? Stuff happens. There could be other Shenanigans. Uh, maybe I might even rope in my brother's a show up at some point, who knows. So Yeah, Nights night time show again, five pm Pacific, Monday Mornings Missed with Mitch ten thirty am, about as late as the start time as I can get away with still calling it a morning show in part of this country.
Speaker 7: Mitch owns Mondays, Mitch owns Monday Monday.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 1: He's made it his Mitch. Alright, Gang, that about does it for the show today.
Speaker 7: I believe Pike.
Speaker 4: Is gonna make Monday's his Mitch.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I feel like I got to door dash you some lasagna or something like, yeah.
Speaker 2: The Garfield thing I get. Yeah, thank thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, Gang, that about does it. We got a very packed and stacked week. If you missed it last week, The SGF blog is now up. Go watch that go. The folks are clamoring and demanding for the full mustard plaster.
Speaker 7: Guyster Cauy, I don't think i've seen the mustard cut.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean when you have, you haven't, but I'm working on.
Speaker 4: It, okay.
Speaker 5: Is that something we were gonna do as like a like a premium drop in the background or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's a good idea. Yeah, if your longer cuts, if you're a premium member.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And as we've said, like the large majority of our stuff is always going to be free.
Speaker 4: It will be occasional silly things that.
Speaker 6: The travelogue is free.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like the longer uncut version that Jan was working on before, Yeah, that's gonna be for premium member.
Speaker 1: I may have gone really dumb with it.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna I'm curious about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, folks. That about does it for this episode of the Giant BombCast. Oh I should mention giant bomb dot com slash join please support us that way, Coffee Ko, dash Fi dot com slash Giant Bomb. You can throw us a couple bones over there story at giant bomb dot com, buy some merch, do that any and everything goes to supporting us keeping to keep doing these shenanigans.
Speaker 7: We love you.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant Bomb He's been Mike, he's been Jeff. He's been Jeff, he's been dead.
Speaker 2: I've been jaying.
Speaker 1: You do have been beautiful. We'll see her.
Speaker 2: A good bude