Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis gooldira dot com. Excited to visit with our guest today, John Carabbi. We met him when he was in Sioux Falls and he puts on one heck of a show. He was here. I don't know, it's been maybe a decade ago now. John used to be with Motley Crue, used to be with Rat. He's got a new group right now called the Dead Daisies. I gotta tell you, I love the music you guys are doing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy. It's fun man, you know. And to be honest, if you everybody's kind of pedigree, you know, like you said, I came from Mottley. We have Doug Aldridge and Michael Devin from White Snake, our drummer Tommy Cleftos played with Black Sabbath, Ted Nugene, you know, and then David, our guitar player that started this whole thing. He was from Australia. He was in a band called Red Phoenix and the Angels, and you know, so we're just out having a good time. But the best part of it is is we've known each other for decades. We're all friends and we just enjoy hanging out with each other and just traveling the world and being land pirates.
Speaker 1: I love it. Now, do you ever read the comments online? I'm on YouTube right now. I watched the video for Love That'll Never Be and I was scrolling through the comments. I'm like, I wonder if you ever read this stuff, because it's all very good stuff.
Speaker 2: You know. I gotta be honest with you, dude. The one thing being in Motley taught me was don't listen. Don't listen. Like I try to stay away from the comments because there's always gonna be a few people.
Speaker 1: That are like yeah.
Speaker 2: In that situation, it was like this guy sucks.
Speaker 1: No, I'll read a few of these two. These are amazing, one says in my opinion, John is one of the best voices in the business. That's all. Another one, Krabbi is a monster, one of the best in the business. Once again, Karrabi reigns supreme. Another one, what a great song. Karabi's voice is perfect, simply perfect. I mean, you might want to scroll through these comments. This is make if you're ever having a bad day, just read them because it's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Actually, you might want to read the ones that I didn't play anonymously.
Speaker 1: No, they're all good. No, and and they're all good comments too, because again, the Dead Daisies is the band, and this song is called Love that will never be official video. I'm gonna throw a link to this on our Facebook page to make it easy for people to find. We're gonna play it on the radio here a little bit, but there are some people that are going to catch this interview as a podcast, and I can't play music on the podcast. So if you're hearing this on a podcast and you're getting like ripped off because you don't get to hear the music, Facebook dot Com, slash Sunny Radio, you'll find the song there. And this this song is fine in its way to a lot of great places, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's we're you know, but it's you know what, honestly, buddy, it's it's a related situation, you know, I think you know. I mean, if you go back to your you know teenage yeers. We've all been in a situation where you were crazy about somebody, you get into a relationship and then for one reason it doesn't necessarily need to be the girl and could be the guy whatever. But we've all been in a situation where your partner that you were with thought there was better options out there, or thought that she wanted to, you know, I say she in this situation wanted to, you know, explore other options, to see if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, only to find out that you know, you know what, everything I was looking for was what I had, and now I can't have it anymore.
Speaker 1: And again, I think everybody can relate to that. If they haven't gone through it themselves, they know somebody who's gone through that, so I think it's super relatable. Now let's talk about the Dead Daisies. Where did the name the Dead Daisies come from? That's just fun, Well it is.
Speaker 2: It is an odd name, but it's a play on words. The original singer was a gentleman from Australia named John Stevens who also sang with xas John Wash. You know, had some health issues and he went to the doctors had to have I think he had open heart surgery and the doctor said to him, lets them boat. You need to kind of slow down a little bit with you know, the extracurricular activities, because if you don't, you're going to be pushing up the Daisies. And so it's just kind of stuck. And that's what they called the band.
Speaker 1: I love it. The Dead Daisies dot Com is their website again. Our guest today, John Carabbi, and this new song. We're gonna play it on the radio here in a bit. Like I said, for those of you catching this as a podcast, you can find it on our Facebook page. And I see you have a tour coming up as well. And where do you know where all? You're gonna be kind of all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're well, it's not a long tour. We're going over to do some dates, some shows because we were in Europe prior to the holidays and we're just going back to do maybe eight ten shows some places we miss. So we're doing a couple in France, a couple in Italy. We're gonna be in Germany. I don't I don't remember all the places, but we're going back over to Europe to you know, just to finish up what we started prior to the holidays.
Speaker 1: Nice well, John, thank you for taking the time to chat with us, and again I'm gonna share this music is fantastic and keep doing what you're doing man.
Speaker 2: Thank you brother.
Speaker 1: Again. John Carrabbi has been our guest today and if you stick around, you're gonna hear the Dead Daisies and again their song love that Will Never Be. If you're listening to this on the podcast version, we don't get to play it there, you can find it at Facebook dot com, slash Sunny Radio and Someday you Should Know. Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesis Gold Ira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra a dot com