Speaker 1: Would you like to come to a sneak preview special screening of Mission Impossible the Final Reckoning? And it looked official, but it was like click this link if you want to go. And I get text messages like that and emails like that about different things, and I'm just in the habit of not clicking on anything ever for any reason.
Speaker 2: Same, And I think it's very smart.
Speaker 3: Ben, Are you guys the same. We get messages from the company saying, don't don't click on any link.
Speaker 2: I don't click on anything.
Speaker 1: I really don't, and I think it's cost me millions of dollars in revenue.
Speaker 3: So I started thinking, are you the same, Christina? Yes, even with text messages too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't click links, right, even if it's somebody I know that sends me a link. If the text before the link looks suspicious at all, I'm like, did you send me a link?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I owe thousands of dollars in tolls. I need to click on this right now, Dude.
Speaker 3: I had that message today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's NonStop.
Speaker 1: So I started thinking about it and I was like, well, we did the story on the show about Tom Cruise coming to Dallas. He's coming to Dallas to promote this new movie Mission Impossible to Find Ring Cruise, And so I just kept having that thought Tom Cruise in my brain.
Speaker 2: In a Friday night ass storm.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, dang man, uh, what if this is real? I what if I could go to the theater where Tom Cruise is going to be. So I responded to the email without clicking the link, and I said, Hey, is this real?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just don't know. Is this real?
Speaker 1: And they were like responded immediately, Yes, Ben, It's real. We were it was made aware to us that the Ben and Skin show talks about Tom Cruise movies. It's an industry secretry. Like somebody reached out and so all those you guys were fans or talk about Tom Cruise or something, and so we just thought we'd invite you. And I was like, okay, So you know it was somebody who was a little bit familiar with our show.
Speaker 3: Is this PR firm? And they knew who our show was or whatever? And so.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, I'm going through with it. I'm clicking the link. Hell yeah, And so I did and then I didn't hear back, and I was heart from an Arabian Prince.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was on my way into work today and I you know, I stopped at the Velvet Taco, which I love god amazing tacos, so good call me Velvet Taco, and I got a note. I saw a response and hey, sorry about this. Yep, we got you covered. We got you plus three. Because I told him, I go, man, if you give me enough time, I could probably convince some of my showmates to go with me. But I don't, you know, I but let me know once it's totally confirmed. So they didn't confirm everything until today. And so I've got me plus three going to North Park Mall to the world premiere sneak preview of Mission Impossible, the Final Reckoning, and I know you guys can't go. Yeah, And so I called the lady again.
Speaker 3: I just called her. I was like, hey, is this this is real? Right? Like she goes, yeah, I promise you it's real, and YadA YadA.
Speaker 1: And I start talking to her and she goes, you know, you know Tom is going to be in Dallas, right, And I'm like, oh, yes, hey, when is this happening?
Speaker 3: Like what's going on with this?
Speaker 1: And she was like, you know, I'm I'm the one who's in charge of that, Like, I'll be with him and Da da da, and he's going to some different places. And I was like, I'm sitting there going, Okay, how do we get him on our show?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: And I can get into a velvet taco that would seal the deal.
Speaker 1: And so I was like, So she said, you know, we may be in a situation where at one of the theaters I may need somebody to introduce him. So anyways, I may end up getting some private one time with my new best friend Tom Cruise. This is incredible, Ben, this is seriously and there's no one in the DFW. I'm being as honest as I can be that would deserve this more than you. Your devotion to that man is unrelenting and undefeated, and I would be ecstatic for you and our show if you in any way got to interact with Tom Cruise.
Speaker 3: Does anyone else imagining the photo off here?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, so what with the photo? I mean you would look twice as old as him. No, it's sometimes is large.
Speaker 3: You might it's Danica Patrick photo, Like when we interviewed Danica Patrick, like she's just so tiny. Oh yeah, And It's like, Okay, they had a little girl sitting on the show today.
Speaker 2: And I never should have rested my elbow on her head. That was poor form.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, dude, uh so this, I mean, this would be the most major celebrity we've interacted with the show. He's on a completely different level. Yeah, I mean him and President Bush.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and honestly more people like Tom Cruise and like President.
Speaker 3: Than any president. Yeah. Bill Clinton was real popular for a while. So if I.
Speaker 1: Get like like I have, I haven't interview like you. Who are the celebrities you interact with? And you told them thanks for what they're doing for the environment?
Speaker 3: Oh, Leonardo DiCaprio, I need advice like that?
Speaker 2: What do I do in this? Do not bring up the environment?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Not to him? Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: But it would be a little different because Tom Cruise, so you're your gal, you're in between. She would prep Tom Cruise that you're coming at him. It would be different than me just dive bombing Leonardo DiCaprio as he's walking to a dinner table. That's not a good situation, right, So what do I This is on a much tinier, tinier level, But I did at a movie theater. I introduced John Cusack, and beforehand I spent like three minutes with him backstage talking and he was very nice. Okay, And so I'm imagining that you would get at minimum a few minutes with Tom Cruise in which he would tell you what to do and what not to do. Like, I don't mean that, you know what I'm saying. So do you ask for a selfie? Do you go with a handshake? What type of handshake? Do you try to do a quick interview with him? Do you try to get him on the show Secretcy?
Speaker 3: There's all these things you're already overthinking of.
Speaker 1: The idea of how the idea, the idea is to is to do something he's not accustomed to, to warm up to him.
Speaker 2: Asked to see his penis, let us see it.
Speaker 3: We all know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about what about the rule? Are you allowed to pick him up or not pick him up? I don't know, he's not.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: What if he was?
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm so excited about this so I might get the chance to meet Tom Cruise. That's not tonight, Okay, that's later this week. Tonight will just be the screening and then he's going to be in Dallas stop him by different theaters because they're just trying to infuse life and energy into the theater business get people to go in and watch this movie. So we're gonna have multiple movie reviews tomorrow, and I don't think I'm allowed to review it. We're not going to have any you're an embargoed. Yeah, I'm inm bargoed. I'm not allowed to review it until Wednesday. Oh good, okay, so this Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's weird because moving down out to the twenty third Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, those they probably have some sort of thing. Yeah, critics blah blah blah. So that said, we'll have an adventure tonight and then maybe an adventure later in the week where Tom Cruise and I become best friends. Allow all right? Coming up next? Uh the Hollywood Shovel Where you going to take his k T? Did a law get broken by a Hollywood actor? On Saturday Night Live on Saturday Next?
Speaker 3: Ju News Hot God stay on Top in the wood Shovel. So on Saturday Night Live. Your host this week was Walton Goggins. If you don't know who that is, he's in The White Lotus Season three he's a baby Billy from the Righteous Gymstones. He was Injustified, he was in the Shield, and he was also his most famous role, Brian Downtown Anderson in Major League three Back to the Minors. Wait what? Yes? Yes, he was also in a fallout. I believe it was called Fallout the Yeah, you think he was the bass player in Fallout? Boy's okay, I don't know that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: How did I not see Major League three? It's a Major League three. I saw the first two.
Speaker 3: Scott Bacula big time in it. Dorn does shown up, show up. Of course, it's not a good movie. Yeah, and you should all see it. That had been cooler if his name was Scott Blackula. Why would that have been cooler?
Speaker 1: You ever seen the black vampire movie Blacula. It's badass.
Speaker 3: So he's your host and he goes out there in the mong I didn't pull it because I don't want to spoil it for people. But he spoils basically the ending of The White Lotus season three, which is, you know, in the last month ended.
Speaker 5: It's been longer than yeah, right, had of months to catch up. I don't think he did anything wrong.
Speaker 1: A lot of people mad. I feel like it's even been longer than a month. When did that thing air?
Speaker 3: It's been about yeah, probably about a month. Or show you that time if.
Speaker 1: You're such a fan of his, they're like, oh my god, whatal Goggin's on that SNEL. I've got to watch. I'm a huge fan, big fan. And then you still haven't seen the finale of the show that's been over for a month.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, do people watch sn L for a specific hoe.
Speaker 1: Well, these are people that watched, They're like they, I can't wait to watch this. I mean they've already done uh the White Potus right, yeah, yeah, yeah. I think there's honestly and truly, I think there's a lot of people that don't even know that guy's name is Walt Goggins for sure, Like I don't think he's I mean I think he's Like they even made a joke about it off the top when they were showing those headlines, like, hey, we just now discovered this fifty four year old guy that's been working for thirty years.
Speaker 2: No, no doubt he's quote unquote having a moment.
Speaker 3: I think there's the spoiler rules have gotten very blurry over the years, I mean, look, I can go back fifteen years ago. We're been spoiled a big death in Eastbound in a Boardwalk Empire. Yeah, when Michael Pitt's character gets shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: We weren't working together at the time or world now, not at the time, were you. Did you hate me for it for a couple of weeks? Yeah, I got over it. Still you see the episode, You're like, okay, really wouldn't begin. Yeah, okay, so don't get on social like it's my fault. Well, you can tweet whatever you want. I should saw on social media if I care. At the time, the thought was, all right, social media is great to watch something in real time together, like sports, go through the experience with a third screen or whatever, go through And so that was the idea, like you specifically were going through that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now we're not because too many platforms. People don't know what they have anymore. They don't even know what they've bought anymore. So like do you have Hboh's another thing I have to buy or it's a part of the package that I have for some people. But it is like I've seen two guys, this is one of the crazy. I mean, dude, this is crazy behavior. As I saw two guys, our good friends, Jeff Cavanaugh and Mike Dingis, in a span of ten seconds ruined the two greatest TV shows of all time for.
Speaker 1: Each other on the air on the end. So they ruined it for listeners too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but and this is twenty like fourteen. What they do?
Speaker 2: What they do?
Speaker 3: Jeff spoiled what happens to Gus and Breaking Bad yep, and Dingus responded with what happens to Omar and the Wire? Yeahcuse Jeff was working on a wire rewatch, which is terrible.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's terrible, but I get it. But what Jeff broke the rule?
Speaker 3: What Jeff did though, I mean, or what Jeff did by breaking, like breaking batle was actually happening kind of in the moment. It was still happening, right like the wire was fifteen years ago, you know, so, but it was I was like, oh my god, you guys are sick. Just go fight in the parking lot. Forgot to do that?
Speaker 2: Did uh? Did you you quit watching your friends and neighbors?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah? I made it through three and just kind of gave up.
Speaker 2: Did you finish it?
Speaker 1: Ben?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, is what do you mean finish it is?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Was that the last one?
Speaker 1: It's still good? Okay, I didn't know that. I didn't know that they're were they're so they were releasing one every week. Uh, because we got through about five or six of them. Oh wow, And I noticed that. I remember you said you quit watching it, and I thought you said you quit watching it after three And me and my wife turned each other after episode three and go, what just cod's kt to stop watching that? Yeah, like we weren't sure what it was that you off the cliff because I thought it was getting better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the him narrating. It was her, the wife just not being interested at all after first episode. What do you mean not being interested? She was out, she didn't care. Oh you're white. Oh I thought she's great in that. Yeah, it looks good too, Manda Pete's great and everything. NBA player was like, yep, give me some of that. That's the part that I'm like.
Speaker 1: And and when the NBA player be shooting free throws at his house and by the way, no, the NBA players made is smoking hot, So what are we doing there? Yeah? And uh, yeah, it's weird. And he also had a Lombardi Trophy in his house. There's only you just feel like it's a bad show though it's it's hard to do sports. It's hard for people to do sports that don't do sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the other thing too, is like, you know, there's certain shows that are just such a high standard, then there's everything else. I'm watching this show and I'm going this very much feels like the exact tone and believability of Weeds.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched Weeds for two seasons and I was like, I'm good, but my wife watched.
Speaker 2: It till the very end.
Speaker 1: Right, it's kind of like the same vibe of uh, yeah, it's like Desperate Housewives but on rateed R.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not it's not believable what's happening. But the performances are great. It's cool how it's shot. It's it's interesting. Christina, are you watching it?
Speaker 3: What show?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: It very much is is similar to this book we read called The Diamond King, Like there's a whole thing thread.
Speaker 2: I wondered if it was inspired by that.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 1: I said that to Trishah, I wonder if that. And I think John Hamm is just likable and believable. He's just got facial expressions. You're like, all right, dude, you can relate to that guy. Yeah, when he's breaking and we gotta go. But how come when he's breaking in these houses, it's not believing.
Speaker 3: It never shows the security cameras. Well.
Speaker 1: We wonder to pay that. There is talk of the security cameras there. You do get in that, they do talk about it. I might jump back in and I think it's pretty good, but we're we're still I think we've done six episodes.
Speaker 2: We can't over hype it because it's not good enough to be hyped up that much.
Speaker 1: It's just below John Hamm to me, it ain't breaking, it's not It's not the last Fargo he was on that was far superior. But he's the starting quarterback of for this franchise. He's dominating this.
Speaker 3: I want to see it through.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, coming up in just over three minutes, but hurt oh right, incredible Mother's Day for the Stars. We'll talk about it here in thirty minutes when we go around the sports.
Speaker 2: But right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 3: It's ready, it's ready, it's ready. Here goes here? Is everyone ready? Yeah? Ready, oh what there it is? That's good. Yeah, I've done this segment in about eleven years, so it's okay. Yeah, uh but heard or what Darryl Hall from haull of Oates, He's mad. He did an interview on something called the Broken Record podcast and listen.
Speaker 1: Oh, Broken Record is the one that Rick Rubin started. He started, Okay, welcome glad Well, but they don't host it anymore. Yeah they yeah, and they started it. Now two guys, no one's ever heard of run it.
Speaker 3: Okay, the guys seem pretty knowledgeable.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, listening to it's music nerddom. It's a good podcast, and this is.
Speaker 3: Getting all the music headlines or whatever. So I was like, okay, let's go see what this is. And I went and listen to it and it's pretty good podcast, filmed all of it. But yeah, like the doobis, there's a lot.
Speaker 6: There was a number of groups like that that they kind of got eventually pigeonholed as yacht rock, but really what it was was just R and B guys.
Speaker 2: They're just making R and B records and they were white, and so.
Speaker 6: This is something I don't understand. First of all, yacht rock was a joke by two jerk offs in California, and suddenly it became a genre and I don't even understand it. I never understood it, and I totally man, I'm glad you say that it's just R and B. It's just another with some maybe some jazz in there. It's mellow R and B. It's it's it's it's it's smooth R and B. Yeah, I don't see what the yacht part is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Hey, I'm glad that he's butt heard over this. And it's funny because he's right, that's what yat rock is. It's smooth R and B. However, this is really more of a conversation around how record labels market stuff and how people follow trends. Right, Like, I can tell you a number of songs from that era, and some of them on Thursday night, I'm hosting yacht rock Music Triviat Rollertown.
Speaker 2: Okay, you jerk off.
Speaker 1: And as I was, as I was putting together the list of the songs I'm gonna plan and all that, there's certain things I'm like, man, this is just R and B, but I'm including it because people associate it with yacht rock. But The whole thing is people, Hey, this is popular. Who's singing about binging on a boat. I'm gonna do the same thing. There's a bat. Norman Connors is a badass jazz R and B artist, and he has an album called Your My Starship and he is standing on a yacht. He's a jazz dude and he's standing on a yacht in white pants with a captain's hat.
Speaker 3: Because that was selling music at the time.
Speaker 1: Like this, it's really more about like when you go back and you look at something and you ascribe a name to it, because it has all these connotations that they weren't purposely doing at the time. But he's right, it's a smooth R and B. But I think it's a butt hurt response. And he seems perpetually butt hurt, Like I think that I think of him. He's got a sour taste in his mouth and he's butt hurt about something. That's just the way I view him from afar. It may not be fair, but it just seems like he's always but heart about something. So I would assume, like, why not just go, hey, man, that's a pretty cool thing. Honored to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Man, whatever.
Speaker 2: He like, who cares?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: And have you guys seen any of you guys probably saw the documentary. That's why Michael McDonald is so great. Michael McDonald is and he is the face of yacht rock. And did y'all see the story where Paul Rudd came up to him in an airport and was like, man, I am so sorry about that scene in forty year old Virgin and I hope it didn't offend you. And he goes, man, I think it's really funny, and I've got my kids making fun of me about it, and I laugh every time. The best thing happen for him, Yeah, he said, if I have to hear this one more time, y'allo burn the place down or whatever.
Speaker 3: He says, shoot everyone in the store. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's but Michael McDonald, who is the face of yacht rock, has a sense of here he already says. He says, if it wasn't for that, people wouldn't be thinking about me, right, Yeah, why take yourself so seriously? Yeah that you can't like joke around or look at it through a different lens. Yeah, Like if someone came up to me and they're like, man, your rap career sucked to ask so bad it was yacht rap. I'd be like, awesome, that's great, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: Let's have fun with it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know the other guy who's perpetually butt hurt and always has been Fagan from Steely Dan.
Speaker 2: He wants nothing to do with But that guy's always been an a hole time.
Speaker 3: My guy, John Oates is the real hero here. Yeah, yep, there he goes. That is your guy. You introduced him, I mean you interviewed him right all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in the news, quickie, the new additions to the Video Game Hall of Fame and what Shippy had to do with the Stars win.
Speaker 2: That's all coming up in the early four o'clock hour. That's next on Eagle.
Speaker 3: Give me that moves, quickie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: About two or three months ago, we did the story on the World Video Game Hall of Fame nominees. There's twelve nominees, but four got in. I'll tell you those four are in a second. Here are the snubs lait this year.
Speaker 1: Hold on, do you happen to remember who we voted in? Because I remember we had that thing.
Speaker 3: We wrote it down and then probably threw it away.
Speaker 2: I remember burning it.
Speaker 3: But if you have that free iHeartRadio app, you can go find that segment on your own time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do that later.
Speaker 3: Don't do it now, it doesn't help us. Yeah. Age of Empires, Angry Birds, Call of Duty four, that's modern warfare.
Speaker 2: This is an Age of Empires. A band that we play on the station.
Speaker 3: Maybe will they be at BFD Come find out, get your tickets at livenation dot com. Twenty fifth those seconds Pavilion, Frogger, Golden Tea, Harvest Moon, Hell Football, and NBA two K. Those are your snubs. Oh, those are the snubs, snubbers.
Speaker 1: Because I remember we voted in Golden Tea and Frogger didn't we Well, those are the one I see.
Speaker 3: Those are the ones that didn't get in, because snubs means that you deserve to get in and didn't. Not all of those deserve to be in.
Speaker 1: Mattel Yes, that Mattel football is incredible. To Ben's point, Mattel should have been the very first thing that ever went in there.
Speaker 3: Wait, and is this the one that's in Frisco, Texas the National Video Game Hall of Fame. I'm glad you asked that question, Benz. It's definitely a question. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Christina, do you know the answer to the question that Ben asked?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. It's the video game.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like we could protest in person just by going and knocking on the door.
Speaker 2: And we've been there before.
Speaker 3: This is in Rochester, New York. Oh, it's a fake Hall of Fame. There's a World Video Game Hall of Fame. The video.
Speaker 2: That's the one in upstate New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rochester, the World Hall of Fame, that's what it is. This is the National Hall of Fame in Frisco. So here who what he here? Two trickled their way in to the World Video Game Hall of Fame. So these games will have to get their families by flights travel up to Rochester.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a powerful stream for them to get.
Speaker 3: In Nintendo sixty four Classic GoldenEye Double O seven, we voted that in can't argue that that is one of the greatest video games ever and revolutionary.
Speaker 1: It led to multi player new shooting games. What what happened in GoldenEye was that like a bad guy like Golden Finger, you know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that was the plan there. Yeah, I'm sure the guy had a gold eye, right, that's why that happened.
Speaker 2: I never saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't remember either me. I was a kid, had the game, never saw the movie. The last Bond movie I saw was OCTOPUSY. I do know it was Pierce Brosnan. Okay, you just wanted to say OCTOPUSY. No, but I know you saw The Day Will Die or something did not.
Speaker 1: I swear to god. The last Bond movie I saw was OCTOPUSY with Roger Moore. He was so sassy, he was so he was the gayest Bond, the gayest bond we ever had? Your BONDI huh, who is your bond?
Speaker 3: Roger Moore?
Speaker 1: Roger Moore for us, not for me. I never was a I mean I liked the movies, but I was like, this doesn't make sense to me. Something didn't feel right. Uh, Daniel Craig, yours, Christina. There's a lot of There's been a lot of great ones. Daniel Craig's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Mine's Pierce President still and I didn't really watch it. The one, the one of my youth is Roger Moore. Like I didn't see Sean Connery movies until I got older. Yeah, Sean Conney is a badass. He was probably the best one. Pierce Broston also not really tough, you know, you know, more of a ladies man than actually tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the guy from Remington Steele.
Speaker 3: He's the guy from Missus Now fire, let's not get it next.
Speaker 2: Yeah I thought that was Robin Williams.
Speaker 3: Tamagotchi. Yes, what is that? It's like a gigga pet.
Speaker 5: It's a little, yeah, digital pet that was on a key chain that you would take care of and now I have a stupid app on my phone that can't get rid of it because I don't want to kill it.
Speaker 3: It's productive, it teaches. It teaches kids, honestly, responsibility, like feeding a pet and that things that they don't like to have at a young age. It was actually good for that.
Speaker 2: I thought they just made you carry an egg around at school for that.
Speaker 5: An egg nog a digit pet. You probably couldn't play it back in school. I remember get in trouble, couldn't but yeah, yeah, we get in trouble for having it. It was a thing Defender nineteen eighty one. Let's go all right, I mean that's uh. I love it game, No, I love it said LG.
Speaker 1: And you said, I mean, I was never really into that Defender or Joust, but I know a lot of people were.
Speaker 2: Defender and Joust are similar style games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, explained Defender.
Speaker 1: Defender is a ship that's hovering above the surface and shooting things and going left to right across the screen, and so you can reverse, like quickly reverse and go back the other way and shoot the other style.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like, have you.
Speaker 1: Guys ever done the position reverse Defender? Oh no, I mean it's like working as like a yoga thing. No, it's just a when you're a video game and you can oh yeah, yeah Defender, you're flying or it's the graphics were terrible, Yeah, nineteen eighty one one, it was a tough time. You're just I mean, it is basically kind of asteroids, but you're flying around over some mountains, just like a line squiggly line draw.
Speaker 3: Lastly, getting in nineteen ninety six is Quake. Oh okay, I mean you know what's quick.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure it's Is it a computer game? Because I think it's a computer game that we used to play in our class.
Speaker 3: It is a computer game? Is it? The army guy with a big helmet with a like a advisor that.
Speaker 2: I think that's a fantasy.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the first person shooter game. Yeah, it's like an alternative to Wolf.
Speaker 5: That's a I don't know what wolf is, but that's that's where I learned the term FRAG. And we would play it in class and we would build f R a G when you kill someone in a video game.
Speaker 3: She was in the middle of two f words that we definitely can't say any other one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I feel like this for Quake to make it in, I mean, I feel like the snub list was better than they made it list except for Defender. And this is what happens when you stationed something in Rochester. Yeah, Rochester sucks.
Speaker 3: It's fine down.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just a kind of place that that when Moose goes back home, he would swing by there.
Speaker 3: He said, it's a fine down. That's our slogan. We're a fine town. Don't get your hopes up or anything.
Speaker 1: I'm not going this year to the induction ceremony there. It is from the fake video Game Hall of Fame, the real ones in Frisco. And they have a better list all right coming up next and around the sports. What Shippy had to do with a huge Stars win. We'll discuss next.
Speaker 3: Now it's cool around the sports kt as all the sports, all right, So yesterday was Game three of the Stars Round two playoff series against the Winnipeg Jets. This game was two to two heading in to the third period, and then the Stars rant in's in on the on the case. Here the guy that they traded fourth the trade deadline makes a pass and then there's a little chaos around the net. And by the way, did you see the game? Did you see all this?
Speaker 2: I did not see this.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the puck ricochet's in off of a pass off a play that ranton and created and I read this, so it's a goal and it went in, but it actually went in. It appeared kind of off the skate of the Stars player. And then that led to a review because it seven minutes long. Well, this is what's what's good about this. So if you remember on our show many years ago, there was a fella named Jonathan Shippy Shipman. He's now the DJ for the Mavericks and the Stars, and he used to on our show years ago as a joke, he would just yell out, free bird because of the thing people do at concerts. He loved free Bird humor. So something that he's done for the last couple of years is when there's a big a review, he'll just start playing Freebird. It's never gone the full song. Well, yesterday was a review so long that it got to the solo part in Freebird and actually jammed out. Do you remember what he played before free Bird?
Speaker 5: He played a whole other song, played else before he played let It Be, which I thought was funny because it was under review.
Speaker 3: No let it be, let the goal stay.
Speaker 2: We need that genius of Zobah.
Speaker 3: On the TV broadcast, the commentary is like, I have not seen a review this long in a playoff game ever, and they're like, well, you gotta get it right, and they're going back and forth on should it be a goal? Should it not be a goal? After the game, here's Stars coach Pete de Boor talking about this. Here we go.
Speaker 4: You want them to take as much time as I need to get it right, you know, I don't want them to rush and not get it right. You know, I think you have to have some patience in that. It didn't feel as long as as a freebirden.
Speaker 3: But so good, and it was like crazy, I'm just sitting there like watching it, just enjoying the replay because Freebird's happening, and you just know that shit be smiling the whole time because he loved Freebird humor. For whatever reason.
Speaker 1: There's just something about hockey people too. So I met Debor. He was sitting at the bar at Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen one night. I went up and talk to him, and he was just the nicest guy. These Canadians, Dude, these Canadians, they'll just sit there and he was talking to people at the bar just you know, just being a dude at a bar, you know, waiting on some pizza.
Speaker 3: I love hanging out with Julie Dobbs's husband Kelly all right, because he's just so Canadian and so nice. So ten minute delay basically to get the review right. And then when it's not overturned, you don't have an angry play in early third period, you have a rocking American Airline Center and within forty five seconds Miko Ranton and takes it upon himself and scores another goal. Wow, dude, this guy's nuts. And it's changed everything. It's changed my outlook of just our future as a city in general. Yeah, I don't know that we deserve this, as it said, maybe we do. A lot of people think we do deserve this.
Speaker 1: Tom Leppert wrote an article saying we deserve Rantman, this is incredible.
Speaker 3: They win tomorrow night. It's a home game. It's an early start, seven o'clock tomorrow night. Up to win Winnipeg. I did not know this for whatever reason, because you know whatever, I'm kevin. Winnipeg has lost eight straight road games. Is that right? Like a playoff team. The team that won the most games in the regular season in hockey has lost eight straight road games.
Speaker 1: So, dude, if we're good, if the Stars win, then the clinch night will be Thursday night. And the way I am timing out yacht rock trivia on Thursday night, it will end right as the Stars game begins, all right, And so we might have a close out Stars game at our brewery Insulina that me and bender partner's and yacht rock leading right into the Stars. It's great because yacht rock makes you unclinch, oh right, and then the clinch I will make you clinch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's a good marriage. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very nice. All right, there you have it what Shippy did to help the stars win.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, True Crime KT gets to the bottom of a murder case.
Speaker 3: Do not miss this.
Speaker 2: It is coming your way next.
Speaker 1: And now for the latest in crime, serial killers, cold cases, cult leaders and blood.
Speaker 3: You know him, you fear him. It's time for True Crime KT.
Speaker 2: Kevin, what's your question, Brodack.
Speaker 3: Forever? That's good. Oh Jay's dead, bitch. Do you guys remember the story of Brian Kilberger, Yes, November twenty two. I don't remember his.
Speaker 2: Name being Coburger.
Speaker 3: He's the He's the guy who went into the college. It was a home of a bunch of college students, and he murdered four almost but not everybody in the house. But he yeah, two made it out alive. Weirdly November twenty two.
Speaker 2: Allegedly allegedly allegedly.
Speaker 3: So this thing doesn't go to trial until August. And again there's three girls one boy that he killed in the house at the University of Idaho. Allegedly goes trial in August. But NBC's Dateline write it up some information and they got some of his self ue browsing history and things like that. Uh. Oh, his self une browsing history showed dozens of pictures of female students at Washington State University and the University of Idaho, many of them in bathing suits. That's probably not uncommon. A review of these accounts, what what did you say out loud? Hold on, let's dig deeper here, let's dig deeper into that comment.
Speaker 1: It's not unusual to find a bunch of pictures of college girls at a college very nearby you and bikinis and have it saved on your phone.
Speaker 3: Especially when you're eight or nine years older.
Speaker 2: Okay, so with you being so close to UTD North Texas at some you do you have different folds on your phone?
Speaker 3: You look at my phone. I can see a review of those accounts found some of them were close friends with or followers of three of the murdered students. Oh their So he's he's zeroed in on three and then yeah, here's what happened. So defense lawyers maintain his innocence right now, and they're like, hey, there's another suspect out there. You got the wrong guy. That's what they're going with. What happened was he was invited to a pool party that summer and he went there met all these people and then became apparently allegedly infatuated with him. Oh this is why I'm not down for pool parties. Dayline also said law enforcement found an Internet search for sociopathic traits and a college student, as well as a search for porn that contained keywords drugged and sleeping.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Those were within the two months before the murders. It also shows twenty three visits over a four month period, all after dark, to Moscow, Idaho, the town where the murders happened. His defense lawyers are saying, well, he liked to go on drives alone late at night, often the high gang or stargazing, you know, normal behavior.
Speaker 1: I don't know how these defense lawyers do it. How do you look yourself in the mirror when you're defending these people that have committed these just heinous crimes and you're like, no, it's.
Speaker 3: I It was just out for a walk. You happen to be carrying a bloody axe, Like what, You're the problem? I agree with you, but I've heard lawyers talk about this before. Now, there are just scumback guys trying to make money, But I've heard lawyers talk about this before. And it's not even so much the individual case. It's the process of our legal system and them being true to it. And that's fine, But there are the individual circumstances of the case. Ye, your soul is not clean. If you're gonna do you're gonna dance with the devil like that. And that's why I mean, if you get out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, if you are gonna go defend somebody who created it, who had a heinous murder, you think you're not wearing that?
Speaker 2: Also, Yeah, you're wearing that. Homie Cochran is wearing it. I'm not sure OJ did it.
Speaker 3: They also kind of the cell phone data will show he was not near the crime scene when the killings occurred.
Speaker 2: Did you see that glove? It didn't fit.
Speaker 3: So they did what they had to do. Yeah, they did what they must do. And the days after the murders, there was rousing activity on his phone that law enforcement would later collect that showed one Google search was a University of Idaho murders googling it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he wanted to learn about the case.
Speaker 3: He also searched for a program about serial killer Ted Bundy, So I guess he watched the Zach Effron Ted Bundy show like it seems like this is pretty cut and dry here.
Speaker 2: Kind of damning evidence there.
Speaker 3: Pretty loud that that data is out, you know, three months before the trial begins in August.
Speaker 2: I would say a lot of that evidence circumstantial.
Speaker 3: Did he kill Bill Walsh?
Speaker 1: We'll find out in August. God man, that's a scary, scary case. All right, thank you True True Crime KT.
Speaker 3: What's going on in Dallas?
Speaker 1: It is top ten city, by the way, Post Malone performed at at and t H and he came out on stage, was like, Dallas nice?
Speaker 3: Does that make people upset though? Because really he should be the one doing it right and sorry, actual, yeah, why should he be doing He's from here, He's from great great Vine.
Speaker 2: Man, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: He's also I was hoping you're going to say that he's performed that song that we just played right there.
Speaker 3: He could amazing kind of cross between what he does. Jeral come on out here. He brought that Willie guy that said, what's his name? Willy? Do y'all know what cowboys Jersey post he wore, Yes, he wore the kicker what's the name Brandon Aubrey? So I would say two points make up for the point he lost for saying the wrong city and the town you're in not the wrong city, he yelled Dallas when he was in the We're gonna go. I'm going to the Ranger game, all right, I'm going Raging tonight. I'm gonna go see that game in Colleyville.
Speaker 1: I know, conserve the Texas Rangers. But you know where the Dallas Cowboys play. They play in Arlington. And his dad works for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: So he's like.
Speaker 1: Dallas, the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks. It's not the Arlington Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And where's the Dallas Cowboys headquarters.
Speaker 5: Used to be?
Speaker 3: And Irving and what do we bitch about all the time, the Dallas Cowboys And how backwards asked they are. They don't know what they're doing ever, they don't even know what town they're in.
Speaker 2: He's going crazy. He just went off. Look at him.
Speaker 1: Tech Shram would have never built this thing into the thing it was if it was the Irving Cowboys, by the way they practiced at Forest Lane in Dallas.
Speaker 3: What should he have said? Post Loone comes out on stage, what's up Arlington? In town?
Speaker 1: What up for the one hundred thousand people here for the twenty five hundred of you from Arlington, what's up?
Speaker 3: And from everyone else who drove to Arlington for the first time in a while. Hey, DFW is the best thing?
Speaker 2: Could say North Texas. North Texas works well.
Speaker 3: I hate when people say just Texas though, because it's like, you don't know if you're in Houston or Austin right now.
Speaker 1: If you're in Dallas, what's up people who live here? That's all I've always said about the Rangers. They don't know if they're in Dallas or Houston.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Dallas Observer and on social media. Fund The other day, I put it out on Instagram, Facebook, blah blah blah, name the worst suburban DFW Irving. Then they tallied the results. Number five is Irving.
Speaker 2: Let's go, what do I win? I went to post Alone, Jersey.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't be honest, I'm not taking part in any of this because I think every town, especially the town that our listeners are in, is beautiful. If you're listening to me right now, your town is beautiful unless you don't like it. Dude, I guarantee you white settlements on this.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that audio clip of Ben going your town is beautiful.
Speaker 3: This is a different movie. Uh, Irving, I can't Irving. I've come around on Irving quite a lot in the last five years. Dude, the twiled and music factory is pretty often that whole area is okay.
Speaker 2: But isn't that really lost? It really is lost Calenus?
Speaker 3: I mean that's right, And that's the key that what's his name got?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe Tom Cruise will get a key to lost Calenus is today when Ben catches up with him.
Speaker 3: Now, Irving, here's what they've been fighting. Texas Stadium goes away, the Byron Nelson goes away, huh, but incomes entertainment and possibly a resort too. Possibly.
Speaker 1: So shake a stick, throw a rock, You're gonna hit a resort. So what, By the way, man, this is how bad I've been screwed. At the end of my main street that my neighborhood lives off of, they're not only building a costco, they're building a resort, Like within not even a half mile of my house. They're building a costco across the street from a resort. Now, I already avoid the other end of Stacy because it's so congested because of those discount malls and all that development. I only go towards one twenty one. I'm gonna every day in about three years, I'm gonna pull out on Stacy and I'm just gonna turn the engine off until the car runs me over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're gonna pull out on Stacy and do that. She's a great road. Okay, So is it? What's there?
Speaker 2: A hotel and a resort?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I think you're saying resort, but there's no This thing almost trying to get to Allen to enjoy this.
Speaker 3: Thing is gonna have. Let me ask you this, do you guys considered great Wolf lodge or resort? Yeah? I do.
Speaker 2: This is what the giant water park.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, I'm just gonna I'm just gonna set my house on fire at the inch.
Speaker 2: Can you say that out loud?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The evidence right there?
Speaker 3: Number four Frisco what.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What is that? More just a jealousy? Haters? Probably haters They hate us because they us. They hate us because they US. And look, Frisco in twousand and six was farmland. So I mean, I think give it a chance to establish itself and be a suburb for a number of years, first, before you start crap, let.
Speaker 1: Me just say before I know, we got to go, Ben, but let me just say Frisco had a big part in the actual World Cup.
Speaker 2: Coming here, Yeah, think about that. Yeah, dumbasses, Okay.
Speaker 1: Coming up in less than four minutes, let's beat the hell out of that, and uh we'll talk about what what are the other worst suburbs in DFW according to the study.
Speaker 2: Uh, but if you have, if you would like to weigh in on this, we put out.
Speaker 1: A post on Instagram at nine to seven to one the Eagle and ask this question, what is the worst suburb in DFW. Maybe we'll read your comments or be influenced by your comments on that Instagram post. Go comment on it right now, but coming up in just over three minutes Part two of this discussion. We are smack dab in the middle of the five worst suburbs in the DFW according to Dallas Observer's reader's pull. And just a second ago KT gave you number four. It was Frisco. And already there is a lot of controversy happening right now.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I mean number five, Irving, Number four, Frisco.
Speaker 1: And then do they say why they've lost their damn minds. Frisco's number one in terms of being the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kevin, and this is here's a couple of things The Dallas Observer said in their article, like, hey, people, who if you voted on this, have you never had the Texas twinkie from Hutchins Barbecue? Like have you ever been to some of these places? But a lot of people just pick places that they're not from, or you know, this is the Observer. They're hipsters. They're like, oh, look, these guys are way out in the urbs. It can't cool out there.
Speaker 2: That's all that.
Speaker 3: That's not dude, this is all readers, this is all Baska reads. They didn't they didn't weigh in on this, I know, but they did the math.
Speaker 1: To Ben's point, the people that read The Observer, which by the way, I'm one of them. I love the Observer. I am I'm a I'm a now I'm an aging Kelly article on Kelly Dearmore is my guy.
Speaker 2: We love Kelly.
Speaker 3: I'm gonnasue him. But they just put the post on social media. They just went and tall the results.
Speaker 1: And I and I I think I don't think Kelly lives in Frisco. But he doesn't live far from it. He's not anti northern urbs. But to Ben's point, I think in general the readers of the Dallas Observer are the Dallas Denizens, the East Dallas hipsters, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Three is not a knock. I support the Dallas Observer.
Speaker 3: Places where the Dallas Observer is there in their favorite diner. Three Garland, we just rocked Garland. I really loved the paragraph that Kelly Dearmore road here. I want to read you some of it. Okay, perhaps the mangraves against Garland lyon what it's not. It's not one of the glitzy and urging suburbs like Alan or prosper A good chunk of town has a tendency to look old and out of date. But it was recognized as the state's most outstanding districts by the h EB Excellence in Education Awards, and it's one of the most racially diverse populations in DFW.
Speaker 1: Respect Okay, nude, I and look, we've always hated Garland because we're from Richardson and we're death rivals. But when we went out there to Fortunate Sun, we had an absolute blast and I was blown away by how cool.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It reminded me like a little baby Austin.
Speaker 3: Red Garland's great. All of these towns are great, and that goes for you except for number two.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to the number two.
Speaker 3: You get what's coming to you. You get old Plano.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, because of all the heroin deaths in the nineties, just so washed.
Speaker 1: There's the last things done, like Colin Creek Mall. I don't know, Like, what have you seen Colin Creek Mall. I know That's what I'm saying. It's the last thing it did that was good. I mean, it's had its day everything. It just mowed a right on past it like a tidal wave. I will say this, and part of it is Plano is more sprawling than Richardson. But I feel like Richardson's resilience has shined brightly in the last decade in a way that Plano's has not.
Speaker 2: Boom in your face, Kevin, I just.
Speaker 3: Think Plano and then they let all that sewer water run down because they had a water problem on their sewer. Water ran into white Rock Lake a couple Oh, that was Plano's doing on their receipt right now, That's why they're getting blasted. It fell out of a pipe at Colin Creek. I just think Plano two takes credit for some things that are actually in the colony and in Frisco and Planos, like the towers.
Speaker 1: You know what, There are surprising places of Plano that you don't realize, right north.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Just kidding. We love planet here you Mosquito number one, Sunny Veil, speaking of sne lives out there not far off. Shout out to the Skeeters number one, the Mesquite Skeeters. Oh all right, So what are they saying? Too many wranglers? That's it. No other Dallas over garnered more social media votes on the poll question what's the worst suburban DFW than Mesquite? Dude, they're mascot.
Speaker 2: That's offensive to call the mosquiter. Yeah, I can't do that. That's Chris Arnold used to talk about that the Windows to the Wall did I say?
Speaker 3: However, those who chose Mosquite didn't give us many reasons why they voted that way.
Speaker 1: See, I can understand you people that are putting Garland and Mesquite and Planeo and Irving, because they've all those places.
Speaker 2: Have sucked for a long time. And they're long standing punchlines.
Speaker 1: But if you haven't gone back in and checked recently, like to me, Garland has improved their situation. I can't tell you that Plano or Mesquite has, and definitely Irving hasn't. But Frisco shouldn't be on this list, and Garland should not be on this list. I think that this is a I think Frisco is the one that stands out that I think is a reflection backlash of the typical observer headlines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, dude, again, if the coupleys are there too, that's another thing that makes people go good.
Speaker 1: Okay, you ask observer readers what the best suburb in DFW is, they're going to say Deep Elm. That's interesting before all the gentrification. Dude, there's a couple of blocks of deep Ellum that's way too swaggy.
Speaker 3: Now, I could see Frisco making the top five there too. Yeah, and the most top and the and that's where you want to be. You want to be in the middle.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, it is a lot of people consider to be a hip again, and I really no offense, Allen. I think I want to move there. It just would be further away from the brewery we're opening in October. But I'm jealous of KT living in Richardson. I love Richardson, and it's not just because we grew up there. I mean, I grew up on the East Side, and if I moved back there, I wouldn't want to move to the west side. But I just think it has reshaped itself in an amazing way. I love downtown Richardson. I like that whole Lockwood district.
Speaker 2: I like all of it. Richardson. You're kicking ass. I'm gonna blow you a kid us.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, and I'll take that win, all right? All right?
Speaker 1: Hell On?
Speaker 2: Did you hear her tepid clapp in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good golf club? Yeah, okay, all right, he defends Richardson.
Speaker 2: Kati is gonna take the win on behalf of Richardson.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in the weekly Weekday Update, why today is the last good day?
Speaker 2: We'll discuss next week.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis Weekday up Day, featuring veteran news anchor KT fun tweets. Here are the important.
Speaker 2: Stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Why you should enjoy the rest of today. In a second quick weekend headlines. I'm gonna run these through. We're not gonna do any of these stories. You guys ready, I'm excited. Airborne car crashes into Oak Cliff home. Neighbors say it's not the first time. Man arrested after attacking mother with machete. Grand jury decides not to charge Dallas neurologist in child sex assault case. Street racing since current to oncoming traffic killing driver in Dallas and Vine Delli. Owner was New Pope's schoolmate. Hey, I want to know more about all of those stories.
Speaker 2: I wanted to comment on all of them.
Speaker 3: But what we really need to get to you guys, get your shorts ready for the summer pants season is over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going with real tiny little jogging shorts whole summer long. Yeah, I'm gonna wear a speedo and tuck my shirt into Wait, why are you lying?
Speaker 5: Long?
Speaker 3: Was it not up here in the office'll do.
Speaker 1: I am doing it in the office. I'm gonna it's gonna be a corporate speedo. Yeah, I haven't read the part in the handbook where it says you can't wear.
Speaker 2: I thought we had speedo Wednesdays. Yeah, you should not do that.
Speaker 1: On the day when there's actually people in the office. So I thought we were doing that on that thing where we all went on a pedal ride.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Monday Friday you can get through with the speed on the office around here. Wednesday would be a bad plan.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha? Uh when's the last time you were speed o, Katie?
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever have you know?
Speaker 2: Liberating?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I would like to.
Speaker 2: I haven't worn one since I was in competitive swimming.
Speaker 3: I you know what, I take it back. You just remind me when I did powerlifting. You know, Christina, you're in You're in love with uh? You know?
Speaker 1: Dallas Observer radio host of the Year Mike Siroy twenty legend.
Speaker 3: He's a hero.
Speaker 1: Love everything about him. But what if everything about him was exactly the same, but anytime he went swimming he wore like a straight up thong speed up and everything else was normal. But he liked to do that and he would never change. Would you still be in love with him?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And we don't really go swimming that much.
Speaker 1: So I thought, what if he wanted to go swimming at a public pool every Saturday and flash his cheeks?
Speaker 3: That's totally fine.
Speaker 1: If he got real into working out and wore a speedo unitard every time. I don't know if we're allowed to say that anymore. Every time that he would go lift.
Speaker 3: Waves, I wouldn't be there watching him.
Speaker 1: So sure, what if he insisted on you going there to watch him and spot him? I had time for that and were and we're a matching one.
Speaker 3: I think we have other stories to get to, right case. The high on Wednesday is gonna be one hundred what one on one and some some I'm not going new stations. I'm not going anywhere. Ninety six tomorrow, one hundred to one on one Wednesday, ninety five Thursday, ninety four Friday. Get this though next week all in the upper eighties, which we will take, but still I'm still not seventies.
Speaker 1: Like now, this is the time of the year where we're tricked into thinking, wow, this is a really nice place to live, like you know, the and then it starts getting so unbelievably hot that you're like, why why do we live here? Yeah, dude, You'll go into the bathroom and you'll find that your scroat is melted off.
Speaker 2: That's terrible.
Speaker 3: We get sixty days in the spring, I feel like we get about ninety to one hundred days in the fall. I could be wrong, ends up. I mean, give or take depending on the year. About half the days you're pretty nice around here, and you know, it's interesting, man, half the time it's pretty nasty. Talking to someone from Chicago and they're like, there's five months a year that I don't understand why I'm alive. Like he gets so brutally cold and the wind comes off that water and it's like negative ten degree wind chill, and they're just like, I don't know why I live here. And we're the same, but we're just about three and a half to four months in the summer for the heat. And the other way I think I'd like to say, though, is that it's all changing a little bit and becoming a little more muddled. And yes, it is because of global warming and climate change, if everyone's afraid to say that whatever. Our good friend Travis Frederck, who lives north of Chicago, I think he lives in the southern tip of Wisconsin, and I remember him last winter going, Jesus, you are having a worse winter than we are. It's really nice up here. Is we're dealing with like frigid temperatures in the winter time, and he's like, oh, yeah, we haven't got snow yet.
Speaker 1: You guys get found it. It is weird that he lives in just the tip, Wisconsin. Yeah, it's why do they call it so aggressive on moving there too? And all there to be a dairy unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Uh that's good. That's a good report.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Uh wait, do you have any suggestions for combating.
Speaker 3: The heat deodorant?
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, where are you gonna take us in the Big finish KT.
Speaker 3: Well, something big is happening potentially for the Dallas Mavericks in about twenty five minutes. We'll tell you what it is. Next kill shot. The thing's big big, So after the show, if you are a MAVs fan in your care the NBA Draft lottery is tonight in Chicago and the Mavericks have a one point eight percent chance of getting the number one pick. I like it saying there's a chance they have, uh, which, by the way, nineteen ninety three the Magic got the number one pick with a one point five percent chance. So if you got lucky like the nineteen ninety three Orlando Magic, did.
Speaker 1: You know who was supposed to have the number one pick, right, Uh, the Dallas mass You gotta be kissed shock too, right, they left frog dust and we won like a last game, or I guess it wouldn't mattered in that case, but man already had.
Speaker 3: The worst so bad back then. Eight point five percent chance at a top four pick.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, I I think we got a shot here, But we do, And I'm gonna tell you why, because I'm so desensitized to it that I don't even care anymore. Nice in other words, like epathy. Right, when you give up is when you get it?
Speaker 3: Yes, right, it's right.
Speaker 1: So the Stars are doing somebody giving up on that give up the Stars, now there they go.
Speaker 3: You know, you give up on the WNBA, Now you get paid, right exactly. So did you see her numbers the other night in that preseason game.
Speaker 1: What you do?
Speaker 2: It's like a double wow?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I don't know that they're going to get the number one pick, but I could see us lucking out and using that eight percent shot and getting a top four pick. And that would be huge for the Mavericks, who just decimated their own roster. So this would be a huge boost to just have some luck fall in their lap, because all these wound are self inflicted. Here's a funny tweet response I got, like about a week or two ago. I tweeted, Hey, is anybody thinking about the lottery at all? Some guy goes, yeah, but if we got the number one pick, we would just trade it for Paul George. I mean that, butole that's going around a lot Every couple days, one of my sons brings me, Dad, did you see what, okay, so you got for Paul George? And now Jannis is saying, yeah, I'd be willing to look around. And of course it sounds like it's gonna be San Antonio or Houston something in the Mavericks have to play all the time. But if you look at what Milwaukee's about to get for Giannis, I'm like, wait, hold on, it's already out there that you're shopping him. Isn't the agent gonna get involved and ruin the return? Like, how's that gonna work?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 1: Oh well, so if it's a little bit different, if the guy wants to go somewhere he's in control, right, then the agent worked. They're gonna get a nice old dude. It's gonna humiliate the Mavericks once. Absolutely. I mean Rudy Gobar Like, people bring up Rudy they give up four for round pick Fordy Gobert. What if san Antonio gets the number one pick, you realize they have their pick, and I think they have Atlanta's really yes, dude, what you know, there's been so much focus on all the picks that Oklahoma City has, which, by the way, if Philadelphia does not get a top six pick, it goes to Oklahoma City.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they're so rich. They're so rich.
Speaker 1: But if you just go and look at the draft tall san Antonio has now it pretty much rivals Oklahoma Cities.
Speaker 2: They got a ton of picks, dude.
Speaker 3: So no tim with the worst record has won the lottery since twenty nineteen?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: So Utah Jazz do not have that in their favor. The Jazz, the Wizards, and the Hornets all have a fourteen percent chance to get Cooper Flag tonight.
Speaker 1: I think the Wizards have the worst record the last two years. They're really doing their damnedest.
Speaker 3: I think the Jazz had it this year. The worst show I'm.
Speaker 2: Combined, I give you took over a two year period.
Speaker 1: So the Wizards have been really really and apparently I've seen that Cooper flag would love to go to Washington because it's close to.
Speaker 2: Where he grew up.
Speaker 3: Washington and the Hornets teams who I would not have been as mad about if they traded Luca to them. I mean, it still hurts and all that stuff, but it's like, you know, goes there where it's not in our face so much.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about it, but Stein had an article last week kind of indicating that he thinks lucas going to sign here pretty quick.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, that's what it is. It is what it is. That's okay, that's okay. Hey, Jalen Smith signed with the Raiders, So there's your sports news.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, I love it, and we should say that maybe you said it earlier. The Mavericks have never once moved up in the lottery in their entire.
Speaker 3: Existences, going have they ever sent Roe don't usually Michael Finley. I think usually Rod just hangs out around the lottery, But I don't know that they've ever sent him to represent He's the guy.
Speaker 1: God, I want it bad. I want it bad, but I just would love Cooper Flagg being a Mavericks. He is so talented. Anything, just any tough just some good fortune coming on the way. This is the biggest you fall I can I can remember in my lifetime. It's like, you're in the finals, then you shoot both your coconuts off yourself? Self inflicted? Are you you guys could have done it? Have you guys thought about what's happening to these teams?
Speaker 3: I have? Yeah, I think about it every day and I try not to and I don't talk about it with anyone, and I don't want to just the field.
Speaker 1: Even if Boston digs their way out of this New York series, which I think is possible, they look tired. They look like a team that went to the finals last year and is worn out, and poor Zingis is in and out, you know he's I mean, dude, they looked like a.
Speaker 2: Totally different team.
Speaker 1: I watched the Celtics and I'm like, they can't score down the stretch of a game.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where was this against us?
Speaker 5: They were?
Speaker 2: I mean again, they're tired. They were peaking last year.
Speaker 1: That was the culmination of four years of it not working out, and they got it all cranked, everything hitting on all cylinders and it is important.
Speaker 2: This was this worked out for the Mavericks twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: It is important to have at least one or two guys that's at the end of his career that's always been denied. And they had Horford last year who had always been on the doorstets. So it's like everything worked out for the Celtics last year and now, which I think this is fair. I mean, I think Oklahoma City is amazing. But we did talk about this. There are times where if Shay ain't going, they look around for offense man Holme, Grin ain't there yet, he will be. Williams is up and down, but you know they I mean, dude, the Nuggets won a game in which Jokic was horrible because everybody else stepped up, and those guys that stepped up they had championship rings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is hard.
Speaker 1: Somebody else talking to somebody about the Rangers winning it all and then they were like, what happened the next year. It's just hard to go back to back in sports, when your season goes so long, you got that championship meet in your belly, you've gone on a parade. Yeah, this is hard to get that same edge. It is which is why you know my son wants to yell at me. This is why Michael Jordan's the greatest ever. He won six titles and essentially seven years. I know there was a two, but remember one year he just went off and gambled and then he had to get his mojo back in his prime. He just marched his team to back to back three peats. Because he will chew your head off and spit it at your lifeless body.
Speaker 3: He's just he just different man, a little bummer. Well, hopefully tonight we get the pick and that'll change the thing, the change the city. The city's in a good but the stars are doing well.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it would honestly, if the Mavericks got the number one pick, I think ultimately, obviously that would be a great thing. I think most Maverick fans would just rather have Luca back than get the number one. They would absolutely would. But I also think that if you get the number one pick and you have an off season, and and you know you brought this up last week, then the fact that Luca's not dancing on your television every night, it helps, it helps, it helps.
Speaker 2: Get a chance.
Speaker 1: So if you go if you if you do get the number one pick, which we're talking about, it's less than a two percent chance. But if you do get it, and then you have a whole offseason and you come back at the beginning of next year. Because the other thing, if they get the number one pick, they will probably put together a nice trade deal involving one PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington, I would go get Giannis.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think they can do that.
Speaker 1: I think I think whatever San Antonio and Oklahoma City put together will just destroy whatever you could come up with because of your haul for Lucas. Yeah, and and they also the Mavericks don't have any of their picks when they're going to be horrible. They'll do those swaps, right, They got a lot of pick swaps with OKAC and San Antonio, Houston. It's like all their biggest rivals have their picks when they're going to be a bottom three team in the league. But they got that twenty twenty nine Lakers pick unprotected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when Lebron's gone and quickly. Cowboys schedule comes out Wednesday, but it has been announced they will play the opening night game against the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 1: I I think Philadelphia is exhausted. I don't think they'll win a game this year.
Speaker 3: The theories at the NFL is like, well, we never got to see dak Rus Jalen Hurts last year, so let's make sure we get it one time, because that got hurt.
Speaker 1: Over under right now, one hundred and five yard one hundred and five point five yards for pickings in game one.
Speaker 3: Under Man, What a jerk.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time KT ruined everybody's pickings dream. On the day of the draft lottery. He looked Cooper Flagg dead in his eye and he said, do your job, go home, enjoy your night, turn around, do it again.
Speaker 3: Die. That's life.
Speaker 1: And then Cooper Flagg took his name out of the draft and re enrolled in college. All right, Christina, stick around and play some music right here on the eagle.
Speaker 2: There you going.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna get my sock bag dude, all right,