Speaker 1: Has this ever happened to you? You come into some money and.
Speaker 2: Then almost no answer.
Speaker 1: Immediately, no, almost instantly, like within a week or two, you get a bill for something that is that exact amount.
Speaker 2: So I I won our fantasy baseball league. Yeah, yeah, and I was like, you know what I'm gonna do with this money? Buy a new driver and a new three wind of the offseason, and you know what I needed three weeks later, new breaks and rotors.
Speaker 1: When I won our fantasy football league, I was like, wow, twelve hundred bucks. What am I gonna do with this within a week four new tires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exactly what you're talking about. It's like, ah, I'm gonna use this free money that like I didn't expect to have on something fun. And then something inevitably pops up.
Speaker 1: I had something real nice happened to me with some money was coming my way, and I'm like, Okay, this is gonna pay for Christmas. This is gonna be great. And then I get a bill at the top this week for that exact amount of something I was not expecting.
Speaker 2: Go like, like, Thanos, life is inevitable, or.
Speaker 1: Do you think someone is keeping an eye on us? And just taking our money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pushing the button to fuck with you every time?
Speaker 1: One good, three Yeah, jobs three, King of Queen Marl Street, entertaining.
Speaker 2: Time go and I am mac and.
Speaker 1: Make way, make Way Macona. It's time you do. The Village of Montago is a better song than what we got.
Speaker 2: MA wanted to uh, I would say, and this is no. Oh, I guess it has to be slight against this movie. I was gonna say no, slight against Moana two because Mowana is a forty dog movie.
Speaker 1: Moana one's great, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: You could argue it's the best movie Disney made in like twenty five years. There's three or four songs in Mowana that are very very good, all time good, extremely memorable. I'm not sure Mawana two has a single.
Speaker 1: I know two of them were nominated for Oscars. Correct in Mowana one?
Speaker 2: Oh, good question that I don't know.
Speaker 1: This one beyond Like, I think the Maui song in mo Wana two is kind of fun.
Speaker 2: It's a good toe tapper.
Speaker 1: But I also can't think of what that beat is to tap my toe right now.
Speaker 2: Totally agree.
Speaker 1: In the moment, though, I was like, Okay, this is kind of good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Maana two had a couple couple toe tappers. It was a relatively fun movie, you know, but it was standing up against Mowana. This is the last Disney movie. There's been a couple, I guess, so Incredibles two had a real high poll to try to get back to all of the toy story movies. But this is the first went in a while that we're doing like a Disney sequel that is coming off of like a forty doc movie. And on top of it, this was originally conceived as a television series, a Disney Plus series, So are there thing There are some things that happened along the way that didn't really help it. And it's also eight years later, which I know animation takes a long time, but if they really wanted to make the sequel, they would have made it five years ago, four years ago. So it is what it is today. Gou we're discussing Moana too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think Disney is just in its cycle of sequels, and Mowana, while it did very good at the beginning when it came out, took on a whole new life during the pandemic with a bunch of kids stuck in their house. Disney plus was he plays a huge part in how popular Mowana is, so they said, oh, we have this gold mine. And the movie made a ton of money in its opening weekend. But it's the same as the first one. It's very similar but worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mowana instant classic, Mowana two instantly forgettable.
Speaker 1: And that's it's.
Speaker 2: Just the facts of it. And also for you and I entering into our adult life and you your father and uncle life, me just uncle life so far. I have a seven year old niece, so one of the first movies she ever saw and remembered was Mowana, and she, you know, has somewhat of an ethic background too, dark hair, that she identified with the character a lot. I have heard I've watched Moana a million times. I've heard her sing Mohana songs a million times. So Moana also has like a special place in my heart. And I'm sure there's a movie like that for all sorts of folks out there. But that's why I think you and I particularly love Malanas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my son is pack Island, so yeah.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go goose. Speaking of the money that this movie made opening weekend, so the three day weekend not including the extra two, so it's a it's a little off, makes almost one hundred and forty million, massive opening, and it's five day Thanksgiving opening two hundred and twenty five million. That set the record for Thanksgiving weekend and for a world wide five day it made three hundred and eighty six million. That is a record for an animated movie on a five day open. That is a massive, massive opening. And comparatively, Goo, the first one opened to fifty six point six million opening weekend, which is kind of wild. But also in twenty sixteen, Disney they had had Frozen, but we were in a good ten twelve year period where they didn't have much that were smash hits.
Speaker 1: Right because it didn't Tangled lost money at the beginning.
Speaker 2: They lost money in a couple couple of movies in those two in the two thousands.
Speaker 1: But Tangled was well regarded. Frozen had picked up a whole new audience. It's just that Mowana. I think people looked at it as like, oh, I don't know what this character is, and they didn't flosh in the theater as opposed to now everyone knows who Mowana is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, it didn't. It wasn't. It wasn't as easy to sell.
Speaker 1: Which doesn't bode well for Disney not making more sequels.
Speaker 2: Well, I know it didn't make that much money, and it only only ended up making two hundred and forty nine million domestically. I say only that's compared to like Disney movies and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I could fill a bath tub with that money, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: This movie is going to pass that domestically this week probably, So that's that's amazing.
Speaker 1: And I think it makes a billion, passes a billion.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think, I think, uh so, the first one made six hundred and forty three million worldwide and its whole run, I think this is probably doubles that it probably I think it gets to like one point two billion. And the all time record holder GOO for animated movies is Inside Out too, both domestically and worldwide.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that this should pass Inside Out to based off quality, but then I thought to myself, they're kind of the same.
Speaker 2: I would say this greater than, but you're you're not much great operate in a similar window. So Inside Inside Out two did beat Mawana in the three day by fourteen million for almost fifteen million actually, so that doesn't bow well for majana passing inside out to domestically it got the almost six hundred and fifty three million. Now, it could get there. It could get there, and then worldwide it was just under one point seven billion. I don't know if it's gonna that is a mass it's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: That's eighth all time. The domestic number is eleventh all time. I think it'll sneak up into that top fifteen or so. I don't know if it's gonna get all the way there, but I do think this has a pretty good runway these next few weeks for this audio.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because you have Sonic, you have Mufasa, and you have nosferatunas Faratu is gonna steal a lot of this audience.
Speaker 2: Those are still two or three weeks away though, so you still have a full month really to make the money here. So I think it's definitely gonna get a billion, and then from there we'll see how high it climbs.
Speaker 1: Mac Let me ask you this. In the modern Disney era, you have the first Mawana as number one, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like pretty easily too. The first frozens pretty good, but I don't think it's remotely I actually think in the modern Disney era and so like post the modern classics. Right, So where would you start that?
Speaker 1: So I would say right after they So Princess and the Frog was their last two d animated one.
Speaker 2: Was that O seven?
Speaker 1: That might have been A eight. I know that they had that Home on the Range movie with the cow voiced by Roseanne and that one bombed.
Speaker 2: So let's say Princess of the Frog is either the last one there or the first one in this one. And if you're so, you're if you're talking the last seventeen years, I think in Mawana is far and away the best movie they've made. It's not even.
Speaker 1: Closer specific to Disney, not talking Disney Pixar.
Speaker 2: Not talking Disney Pixar. But even if you did, this would still be the first. Milana would still be number one for me.
Speaker 1: I might agree with you if we're talking no, because like op is in there, Up's amazing.
Speaker 2: Up is amazing is up in that in that window? Okay, So you're right, I would have up above this, Wally. I wouldn't have above it, but Wally's in the convers.
Speaker 1: Station, Coco's great.
Speaker 2: I overstepped my bounds there. That was a good way to rain.
Speaker 1: I think it would be in the handful of you would call classic movies.
Speaker 2: It would be to me it's it's maybe not a perfect movie, but it's a forty dogger. And there's only a couple of those that have been made in the last sixteen seventeen years from Disney, including Pixar.
Speaker 1: So I mean, if I'm looking at their big three, it'd be you know, I think Mowana. Then I like the story of Tangled better than Frozen, but the music of Frozen is better than Tangled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And ultimately, and why these become classics is the music. And I think that's why we're gonna have an issue with this movie in the long run. But why these Disney movies become classics is the earworms and the kids singing them and wanting to watch them all day long. And Tangle doesn't have that, Frozen does, Mowana does. I don't think this one's going.
Speaker 1: To And before you say goo, I thought you don't like musicals, live action, stage play musicals. I'm not talking about a Disney movie. Yeah, it's not the sound.
Speaker 2: It's close, though not close.
Speaker 1: It's not the same.
Speaker 2: You just like cartoons. You're saying cartoons greater than people.
Speaker 1: If you're having music. Yeah, I think cartoons, especially when the animation is so beautiful and crisp. And I also, uh, who is the main actress here? Ali Carvalho Cavalo I think does a fantastic, amazing job in this movie.
Speaker 2: Great voice, both singing and speaking.
Speaker 1: I think she's the main reason why this movie floats. I think that her voice really gives life to this movie.
Speaker 2: No, she's phenomenal and she's amazing in the first one. And you can even tell so she's in her early twenties like she was in her teenage years when they did the first one. You could even tell her voices changed a little bit. But it works with the character because the character has been aged up a little bit too. She does an unbelievable job. Goo Mawana Tu is a PG animated event adventure comedy, family fantasy musical. I think the first one does all those things well. I think the second one tries to do all of those things and I don't think it necessarily fails. It just doesn't get close to the first one, so it looks worse than maybe it actually is. It's definitely a perception thing. Sub genres here go computer animation. I think about that little CGIs.
Speaker 1: We don't need all these subgenres.
Speaker 2: But we do get a sea adventure here, and you know how much.
Speaker 1: I'm a much love sea adventures.
Speaker 2: It's one of my top seventeen.
Speaker 1: Do you want Mawana to be your first mate on your boat when you eventually get that boat?
Speaker 2: Easy? I don't know how old she is there.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm saying to like, you know, help you out on the boat. I think she'd be a very good first mate.
Speaker 2: That's one way of translating.
Speaker 1: You can find the way.
Speaker 2: They have Monitu has a run time of one hundred minutes. I actually think it's more like ninety or eighty five.
Speaker 1: It's pretty brisk, but no, I thought it felt longer. Oh really, yeah, I thought they could have done with if they got rid of all the songs and it was just sixty minutes long. Might didn't better.
Speaker 2: Didn't want it to be musical at all.
Speaker 1: I like Disney music, but when they're done well, you're.
Speaker 2: Being contradictory here, So that's the thing.
Speaker 1: If I just done well, I am contradictory of everything I've ever said on Roddy te'z Goo.
Speaker 2: And this might speak to the difference between the first two sixty three percent from the critics eighty seven percent from the audience. So the audience is coming back and saying, yes, we like this. This is the characters we know and love, and additional characters that are pretty decent.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven is kind of low. We're looking for a modern day.
Speaker 2: Eighty nine percent audience score, But.
Speaker 1: That's back when the audience scores were a little more truthful. Yeah, now they're out of control.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right. Ninety five percent from the critics on the first one, Goo universally loved on Metacritic for this one a fifty eight, one of the lower scores they've ever given to one of these Disney movies. The first one had an eighty one, one of the highest scores they've given, especially with the modern movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think that just echoes what we're saying here. And I do think because I came away Goo liking this movie, and I can't help escaping the thought that I feel like people are thinking less of this because the first one was so good, you know what I mean? Yeah, if in a vacuum, I actually think this movie's pretty decent, pretty good, But compared to the first one, it's definitely getting knocked down a couple pegs, probably in everyone's mind.
Speaker 1: I think the main question that everyone wants to know is if I bring my child there, will I be entertained? Actually, more importantly, will they be entertained? The answer to that is most likely yes, you might not be as entertained as you'd like to be.
Speaker 2: So I had a group of four kids sitting in front of me. They looked like they were all between maybe like eight and eleven, that range. They all seem to enjoy it pretty good. They weren't like talking during it, which I think is enough. You know, they're they're paying attention and they're gripped a little bit by the story. And that goes a long way when movie when kids are in movie theaters, because nothing's worse than anyone talking during during a movie.
Speaker 1: I want everyone's singing and on their phone.
Speaker 2: I think your child will be entertained for sure. Yeah, And a big part of that coup is the visuals in this movie. Unbelievable, some of the best we've ever seen. And I had just rewatched the first Mowana too, noticeably brighter, noticeably crisper than the first movie, and I mean they should be it's eight years later, but sometimes that doesn't happen, so that is something to be said.
Speaker 1: You know what might have helped for the kids though, is more Maui, more soon true. I think kids like Maui.
Speaker 2: Yep, adventure happens pretty quick. Yeah and yeah, all right, we'll talk about that in a second. This movie is written by Jared Bush, Dane LaDue Miller, and Beck Smith, pretty pretty relative unknowns, at least to me. Jared Bush has a writing credit on Zoutopia, the first Moana, and Encanto, so he's done pretty well for himself. In fact, upcoming he's doing the live action Moana and Zutopia two, so obviously Disney likes him, and I guess the record speaks for itself. Dane LaDue Miller strict television up until this, and that makes sense because this was originally slaved to be a television series. So I think they bring Dana Ladu Miller on, who's also one of the directors, because it was gonna be a television show.
Speaker 1: Is the live action Mowana movie gonna be a remake of the animated movie that we just got ten years ago?
Speaker 2: I believe so. I believe so.
Speaker 1: I don't want that at all.
Speaker 2: Nope, but we're gonna see it, aren't we.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but when they announced it, I thought maybe like they were gonna do a sequel with the characters. Is it the same woman playing Moana?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Actually, I know the rock is playing Maui. I don't know if Ali is playing Mowana. She might be a little too old for me. Yeah, to be honest with.
Speaker 1: You, that's why I would have taken a sequel with her playing an older Mowana.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, that could have worked, but it would be it would be weird. I guess it's weird either way. Uhcuso Dane Ladu Miller is all so uh a director on this movie, and I think they brought them in. I don't know if it's what the gender is, but it really doesn't matter. They're also doing the upcoming upcoming Mowana live action movies, so I wonder if Disney brought them on for the live action. First of this. I don't really know how it all played out, but that's that's not the best.
Speaker 1: Does Disney kind of stink right now?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what they do, and you got to give them credit because they're constantly promoting people from the animation department sound apartment up into these roles. So you have to respect them for that because eventually they usually do find the right ones, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm saying more like it's all sequels and remakes.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, that's just movies in general.
Speaker 1: That's not like they're the main culprits though.
Speaker 2: Well, you have really popular characters.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do create new characters? Uh?
Speaker 2: The third and third writer on this movie is Beck Smith, who had a credit on Maleficent Mistress of Evil. That's the pretty much the only thing they've they've got, so I that's it's always a weird combination with these Disney animated movies, that's for sure. Uh. This movie is directed by David G. Derek Junior, one of the worst names I've ever seen. This is his first director.
Speaker 1: One of the mac and Awards this year worst.
Speaker 2: Name names of the David David G. Derek Jr. You get two first names and maybe the g's a first name too, so that's that's just a bad name.
Speaker 1: And that Derek is built with three rs. Too many rs.
Speaker 2: Derek, Uh this is this is.
Speaker 1: I notice he's saying, Derek, why are you saying that? Well, there's three rs.
Speaker 2: This is this name is.
Speaker 1: This is just a great flight of the concords.
Speaker 2: Is missed in this movie. Although well we'll Pep Behead. That's right, Jermaine, we'll talk about him in a few This is David G. Derek Juniors Junior's first directing credit. He was in the art department and a bunch of things, so one of those people promoted up upcoming. He's the storyboard artist for z Utopia too, So there you go for that. To another Actually, three first time directors on this Giu Jason Hand this is his first time director directing something. He's also comes from animation, so another promotion.
Speaker 1: In the get the job.
Speaker 2: Daniel Ludu Miller again. Uh so, first of all, I don't think there was really a world where this movie was going to be remotely as good as the first one. So recognizing that, I'm trying not to be too harsh. On top of that, give the first Mowana was penned and directed by the team that did Great Mouse, Detective, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules, Treasure Planet, Princess and The Frog. So his last two not so great, but those first four.
Speaker 1: Bangers, Princess and the Fraud did mean that was one of the movies that brought Disney back. Though.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true, that's true.
Speaker 1: And Austin Planet Planet's actually a pretty dope movie.
Speaker 2: It's office, So that's that's that's a team that's had a wildly successful career. And the for the sequel you have first timers, so that matters as well.
Speaker 1: Out of those movies you have one, two, three, four, five, you have six. Those are five swashbuckling movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and four all time animated movies like that. That's like, so again, I this movie didn't really stand a chance to being as good as the first one. And in addition to that, gup. The music here by Mark Mancina is good. It works within the movie. It's fun. However, it's just not as magical as the first movie. They really are missing that Linn Manuel touch. But it's not like this guy's new, Like this man's been working on movies. Our whole lives literally for thirty five years, and he worked on the first movie too. He composed a lot of the songs in the first movie, So that really just tells you that it really was Linn Manuel. And going back to twenty sixteen, no one knew who Lynn Manuel Miranda was. I'm sure Broadway fans did. We didn't know who he was. And Mowana is really the one that like turned him into a world wide stars. So I wonder if he wanted to make this. You know, he's we talked about this a week or two ago. He's doing the music for the upcoming mufass movie, So I wonder if they kind of pinch it hold him into that. But the songs in this are certainly missing his touch.
Speaker 1: The songs in this one compared to the first one. The first movie, every song felt like it was continuing the story or it was really it was furthering your knowledge of these characters. This movie, every song felt like someone stopped the story and said, hey, guys, we have to do a song here.
Speaker 2: It's been seven minutes. We need another song.
Speaker 1: We need a song. What should we do? I don't care, just start singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And some of that is working with the directors, and I think better directors maybe seamlessly fit songs into movies better. And that's you know, as a first time director, you're not as good as.
Speaker 1: Because I think they had roughly the same amount of songs as the.
Speaker 2: First probably about the same.
Speaker 1: You could have cut that in half.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. That's really not the point. Point.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is you didn't have to follow the formula of the first one. If you felt a song didn't do something for you, then just don't use it.
Speaker 2: Sure, I guess so you're just advocating for Maanitud to not be a musical, which is never was, never gonna have.
Speaker 1: To talk about the farmer who's got his saggy boobs.
Speaker 2: Goose synopsis of Moana Too. After receiving an unexpected call from her wayfinding ancestors, Mowana must journey to the far seas of Oceania and into dangerous, long lost waters for an adventure unlike anything she's ever faced. We've mentioned her already, but this movie stars Ali E Carvalio as Moana. I fucking crush that pronunciation. She's also the singing voice for the character. If they do do a live action. I think she'd obviously crush it, but she may be aging out of the younger Moana.
Speaker 1: So I think she's the highlight of this movie. I think if you're gonna take away one bright spot like one superstar Top of the Tree, it's her.
Speaker 2: I agree. I agree wholeheartedly.
Speaker 1: I think that uh oh, the animators too. Let's not slight the animators. The movie looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Beautiful movie. Yeah, Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock as Maui. He's good in this He's not as good as he is in the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sounds like they could have taken Ai Rock and just slapped it in there.
Speaker 2: Some of that is because when we are first introduced to him in the first movie, you get You're Welcome, which is such a banger of a song, and his song actually in this movie might be the best out of any of them.
Speaker 1: But Top a Turn Mountain, he's just not.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He was like a little scarier in the first one too. I think it's just the character works better when he's a little more unknown, and now we know he's complete friendly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because in the first one he's come offish, but in this one, yeah, he tries to be, but you know that he's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the movie is certainly missing like some of that strife amongst his characters. Right, everyone just gets along because they're all working for the same goal. The first one didn't quite have that. They had to come together to defeat I forget the lava monster, so it is missing that too. That was, yes, but I think it was. But they called it something when it was the lava muster as well.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But yeah, really, I'm not trying to write the movie because I'm a fucking idiot. But maybe in this one you have it where Mowana is more come offfish towards Maui, where she doesn't she feels like, you know, Maui hasn't respected her or something, and you know, respect.
Speaker 2: Can't get no respect.
Speaker 1: What if she suddenly was voiced by Rodney Dangerfield.
Speaker 2: Good who will Ilai uh lalay who a lalay Chung as Mony that's the younger, strong dude on the journey with Mowana. Rose Matafio as Loto. She is the ship designer. She's actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: Characters comic reliefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. David Fane as Kayle. That's the old farmer dude.
Speaker 1: Other comic relief.
Speaker 2: Yeah, comic relief number two.
Speaker 1: Well, actually i'd say number three. The other young dude was also comic relief.
Speaker 2: Ali My Frasier as Matangi, this is the bat lady that we see inside the oyster there.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool character, cool, but kind of incomplete.
Speaker 2: Purposefully and I think so that's one of the things I noticed. I think, if this ended up being a show, she matters more in the show, and then we see something in a mid credit scene here that implies she'll probably matter.
Speaker 1: I'll do it myself.
Speaker 2: I actually think they purposefully did it like that. By the way, I think they purposely were paying homage to that. But Kalis Lambert, by the way, stop naming your kids Kalisi Jesus Christ, Kalis Lambert, Suda as Samea. This is the little sister.
Speaker 1: When you saw the little girl, did you think to yourself that the parents made another child just in case Mawana was lost?
Speaker 2: A little bit of that, Yeah, because at the end of the first one there's no mention of a sister.
Speaker 1: There's such a big age gap. They clearly said, okay.
Speaker 2: They're hedging their bets Mowana is.
Speaker 1: Really good on the sea, but let's bet on the sea. Now we have.
Speaker 2: Another Yea Go Star wars alump to Mura Morrison as Chief Dewey. That's Moana's father. Nicole Scherzinger Pussycat Girl as Sina, that's the mother. Rachel House is Grammatia and good. One of your favorites. Alan Tutick is hey.
Speaker 1: Hey, I do love Allentudic not one two.
Speaker 2: The voice cast is great. I have no issue with the voice cast. The issue in this movie is that the plot isn't all that interesting and there's no real conflict between the characters we love, and the songs just aren't great. Like, so you throw it together and it's a watchable, fun movie, but it's not that memorable. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first movie, Mowana is fighting an uphill challenge the entire time, whether it be against her father, trying to get Maui on her side, trying to get the Rock back, not the Act of the Rock but the Little Green Rock Heart, Oh yeah, the Little Heart and this one everyone's on our side. Yeah, everyone's just cheering or on.
Speaker 2: They're all working to achieve the same goal. So it like that's where I wonder if if this was imagined as a movie originally, there might have been a grander plot. I think because it was a television series, they weren't counting on this big, amazing, you know, final act and the way the movie does. They wanted more consistent fun throughout, and I do think it gives you a little bit of that. Like I thought it was for something that was conceived as a television show, you didn't really notice that while watching the movie. I've seen some reviews that said, oh, I could clearly tell where you know this was a show and this would have been the end of an episode. No, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: The movie had commercial right my movie, I saw a commercial every fifteen mins.
Speaker 2: I think those people are lying now. The beginning of the editing was a little choppy back and forth between Mowana and Maui, but they just wanted to introduce both characters. That was probably gonna exist either way. But once after the first twenty minutes, like it was pretty seamless. I don't know what people were talking about in that respect, Mac should.
Speaker 1: We rip through fun factor not fun factor through the gauntlet? Here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, A couple words for each of these categories don't go too deep, don't go as deep as the ocean. Fun factor, swashbuckling, and it was fun.
Speaker 2: It's fun. It's a good sea adventure.
Speaker 1: Satisfactor not really, No, but I.
Speaker 2: Was also expecting to not really be satisfied, So I'm not penalizing it too much for that borometer.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wasn't bored. I don't think I was bored.
Speaker 1: I might have been, but I'm not sure. Okay, so credits to the movie. Will it wane over time? And it has already waned since I saw it on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I'm assuming it's going to because I'm not seeking any of the music from the movie, so that's almost a guarantee.
Speaker 1: Ah, quarter World. This is better than the nineteen ninety five classic water World. Technically, yes, But if you're gonna ask me which one i'd rather watch again, it's gonna be water World.
Speaker 2: You're right about that. Which one i'd rather rewatch right now? It will be water World. So I think it floats. I think they both float. They're operating in the same same area.
Speaker 1: Maybe Max credit Union Alie Carvalio I believe deserves all the credit in this. I just so much life. There's so much this vivid.
Speaker 2: Her voice is so crisp, it's so it's like a perfect voice.
Speaker 1: It's also it's it's both fun but also demands respect. Even though Rodney Dangerfield is the voice of the character. If he gets no respect, what I.
Speaker 2: Really like and what bothers the shit out of me And a lot of these Disney movies Frozen included, she does the character and sings the songs. That doesn't happen in Frozen A Dina Manzel. Yeah, you're right, you're right. I was thinking about, uh, Frozen, did it before Frozen? A lot of those actors voice actors weren't. They wouldn't let them sing the songs. Many they had the same like two or three people singing the songs through all of those movies.
Speaker 1: I really like, like the late eighties, early nineties.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about the nineties yeaheah, yeah, and then they only had like two movies in between them.
Speaker 1: Do you want Steve from Full House singing you a song on a Laddin?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm saying, don't cast Steve from full House?
Speaker 1: Well that was before they casted superstars and like well known actors for all of their.
Speaker 2: Ali Carvalio was not a well known actress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got the rock in this Okay.
Speaker 2: That's fair, get that. I just really liked that they did that, and they're continuing to do that, and I hope that it's a thing going forward. Give give me some more unknowns. And I know it's an animated movie, but we talked about this in live action too. I love going into movie not really knowing where this person came from, so I don't have an idea of what they should be or shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Mac we go to when life gives you plumbings, you make plemonade, and I will take comic relief. Number two.
Speaker 2: I liked h Loto. She was the ship design.
Speaker 1: Yeah number two.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll give credit to Loto.
Speaker 1: Pants, Tense City, Excite, bike Mania. Did anything in this movie get you going? Or did anything make you cry? Because animated movies really know how to pull some tears out of your eyes. This movie did not do that for me.
Speaker 2: I think it has a pretty touching moment in the final you know, ten minutes, it doesn't really have this big, amazing emotional finish the way the first one does, where she has this realization and there's a nice moment between her and the lava monster. It ends up not being the lava monster, right, There's nothing like that in this movie. There's just a nice sentimental moment between Maui Mawana and some outside factors.
Speaker 1: Because also in the first one, she has a real moment of just being down and you feel like you might be down and out right. Is there that in this movie.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't really have that, and it definitely needed that for.
Speaker 1: Those of you tarty to the Mac and Goop party. We rate everything on a forty hot rating system. I thought the music fell a little flat to the humor. Everyone was saying it's funnier than the first one. I guess, but I didn't get any big haha. I've got a couple of chuckles. This was swashbuckling, and I love some of the voiceover work, but this just feels like an extension of the first one, where it's very similar, very similar settings too. And I understand you can only do so much with traveling the ocean, but it's a lot of the same.
Speaker 2: What'd you want different color of water?
Speaker 1: Maybe she starts flying or something and we go into the air. Let's change the element I don't. That's not really what's not what we're doing here, Oh.
Speaker 2: Shanna, we're talking about like Polynesian nations. This is not a weird No.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: I think it's a C C minus.
Speaker 2: I it's a very fair grade gout. So I think this movie again was battle, an uphill battle, and I wish in this movie someone was battling an uphill battle a.
Speaker 1: Fucking mountain in the ocean. Oh wait, that was the thing, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure it was.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I to say something pretty positive about it for a movie that began as a show, a series, a Disney Plus series, a streaming series. It looks great and it feels like a blockbuster movie. It really does. And it's gonna make Bukuo Bucks Banana Land, Buku Bucks Bonanza.
Speaker 1: Cuku Banana Bananza.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, And I think that's truly impressive. It's just not great, it's solid. I enjoyed it. I probably will never watch it again. I have it at thirty hot Dogs. It's my number eighteen movie on the year. Animated movies is number three on the year, behind Transformers one and way behind the wild Robot, but not too far behind Transformers one. It's it's not too far off from that.
Speaker 1: Shall we spoil a little bit?
Speaker 2: Spilized, spileless spiles.
Speaker 1: I want to gets tattoos, so she's not getting Christmas gifts.
Speaker 2: Cud. The premise of this movie is that Mowana and her people were in search of signs of other people and other islands so they can reconnect and help the long term, long term sustainability and viability of their people. In a vision, she learns that she might find these answers on the lost island of Motufetu, and that holds the key to like reconnecting all the people. Voceiana with her group in tow they start on this journey towards the lost island. On their way, they end up getting help from the Kakama. I love those little fucking things.
Speaker 1: By the way, Oh you know what I should have met? People were great plumbonade Kakama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally agree. That's on us. Kakamora always pluminade. They're fucking great characters, great great design too, and their little ship island is awesome. Uh and they're they're also helped out by Matangi she's the bat Lady, and she gets reconnected with Maui in that little that little clam thing clamshell or large clamshell. They all work together to ultimately defeat the storm god of Naalo and they end up up this Alan of Motu Fetu. But what I want to get too is there's a mid credits scene in here. Did you stay for the mid credit?
Speaker 1: Oh? You couldn't stop her fine out doing? And then Germaine pops out of nowhere. Yeah, you got Nalo songs. I'd like to do a song too.
Speaker 2: Who Nalo this storm god that they defeat in this movie does? It's a Thanos, It's a Fanos scene. He's talking to Matangi, the bat Lady, and out crawls tomatoa Jermaine Clement's character from the first movie, and they're basically like, let's team up and go after Moana and Maui. So I guess we know the plot for Maana three.
Speaker 1: Oh and Mowana is a demigod now yeah.
Speaker 2: So because of her sacrifice to save all of people of Oceana, she gets one of those journey tattoos like Maui has on her left arm and then her ore has like the story on it the way Maui's hook does. So she's got some powers now. She did anyways, kind of with the water stuff, but she.
Speaker 1: Was able to feel the water and wavefind Also, I was I don't know if I was hoping or like, when they didn't let this happen, I was like, Oh, that's kind of a cop up. Like so when Maui is drained of his powers and he loses his tattoos, I was like, Oh, is he going to be a normal human being now and Mowana will be the demi god. But yeah, he gets his powers right back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, instantly and instantly. I think I would have been a better decision to leave him as a just a regular dude, and actually, having rewatched the first one, he almost longs to be a regular dude again, you know, like when she first meets him and they're talking, and then when he like kind of runs away from the Lava Monster, he like doesn't really want to be a demi god anymore. So I think it would have worked for him for that to make that kind of.
Speaker 1: Like at the end of a Laddin when the genie is no longer a genie. There you go, He's freed, but that also would have been funny if he you know, he's happy to be a normal human being again. And then you start the third one out and he's like this, So being human sucks.
Speaker 2: I do really like his powers, by the way, the hook is cool, and then him being able to like transmorpho is pretty.
Speaker 1: Can you give me a rotation of five animals that you would constantly turn into?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you for sure got to get a sweet bird in there, right, you gotta be able to fly?
Speaker 1: Which bird? I like his hawk? Don't take the hawk down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be hawk like. It'd probably be a bald eagle. I mean, why wouldn't it, you know, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Have five bald animals, go probably.
Speaker 2: Have like a grizzly in there too, you know, a real brawler, brawler of it. Maybe a polar bear actually, or even bigger. And then you need something sneaky too, like a snake. Sneaky like a snake to slither in places. And then you probably need a bug, so that'll be the fourth one. Maybe a cockaroach, you know, like cucaracha. Get in there, get in out, get out more. Fifth one will be interesting. I want to go cheetah just to run fast.
Speaker 1: You gotta go water. What are you doing? You're filling out your Pokemon line if you need surf.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, I didn't. Yeah, so no cheat to give me. Give me a orca orca?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's better. Yeah, he goes. Shark. Orca is the absolute right way to go. It's the biggest dolphin in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and people like you. They're not afraid of you, right, shark.
Speaker 1: But then you can trick them because you're a killer. Yeah, there you go, killer whale. You asked me, goot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Having seen Moana two and in the movie Moana to Maui, who's back from Moana one. In the movie, he can transmorph into animals. Give me a last of five animals you would like to transmorph into.
Speaker 1: I'm not prepared for this. I don't know how to answer. I would go with a smaller bird, but one also fast. You liked you went with a smaller bug to kind of sneak around. I'll go with a small bird to sneak around.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Are humming birds fast?
Speaker 2: Uh? Probably not as fast as you would like, but they're little and they can hover pretty well.
Speaker 1: I don't want that. Actually that sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: You just like sucking sweet sweet nectar all day.
Speaker 1: Give me every animal that's sucks a sweet sweet nectar. I want five nectar sucking animals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't sloths do that too, stick their tongues and it suck nectar.
Speaker 1: I want five long tongued animals. I want an ant eater. Gene Simmons, No, you you took Orca. Orca is my go to.
Speaker 2: Orca is a good one. Yeah, we could share Orca.
Speaker 1: Okay, I go tiger if i'm you know, with one big u a tiger.
Speaker 2: Beat a grizzly or a polar bear. That'd be a good fight. I know they did it in one of those shows once.
Speaker 1: I'd probably take. I don't know. I think the tiger is the ap predator. I think tiger's the apex predator.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think both a tiger and a bear probably beat a lion.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think tigers are slightly bigger than lions. I might be wrong, though.
Speaker 2: No, tigers are definitely bigger than Yeah, what can fly?
Speaker 1: Give me one of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. They arms? Then I need something, something useful. Can't all be about fighting and whatnot sure?
Speaker 2: An, Okay, you might die pretty quick.
Speaker 1: I might. I might die with all these animals pretty quick. I don't know. I don't know another one.
Speaker 2: I just imagine as the orc a going too deep and not being able to surface some time.
Speaker 1: I'd only go like one foot deep every single time. I wouldn't trust the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 2: You just want people to see your fin always.
Speaker 1: I'd have a real erect fin.
Speaker 2: Do a monkey in a separate flying thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, give me a give. I'd have three knives on me, two hands, one tail.
Speaker 2: Oh, gorilla would be a good one. But I feel I feel like both a bear and a tiger beat a gorilla. Right, that's a good fight too.
Speaker 1: One second best animals.
Speaker 2: I think tiger's number one. Admittedly, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Tigers to transform into let's see what octopus?
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be useful. That would definitely be useful. You could get in and out of anywhere.
Speaker 1: And amphibian would also be good. You can breathe air and in the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A fox, No, it's Korean mythology. They can shape.
Speaker 2: Shift, so you'd have to become the fox to shape shift in the first place.
Speaker 1: I guess i'd start as a fox, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could just be a fox in your full form.
Speaker 1: Here we go from top tens, top ten animals. You wish you could be eagle?
Speaker 2: Wish?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Wolf Ah. I would go big cat over big dog. Agreed, they have lion. I would go with tiger over lion for sure. Shark, give me the orca, a house cat.
Speaker 2: They get an apple day.
Speaker 1: It's not bad, not bad at all. Cheetah, you can run fast, house dog, dolphin. They're just coming up with all the things we can call a green falcon, fastest pear.
Speaker 2: Green falcon is technically the fastest animal on earth because when it dive bombs it hits like two hundred and twenty miles an hour or something like that. But the fastest land animal is cheetah.
Speaker 1: Mountain goat. First comment on this, It would be cool to live in the mountains like a mountain goat.
Speaker 2: Mountain goats are interesting because I don't know how they don't fall off the mountain.
Speaker 1: T rex.
Speaker 2: I didn't consider a dinosaur. A dinosaur would be sweet.
Speaker 1: I might go dinosaur. I might go all dinosaur, like a pterodactyl.
Speaker 2: That might be sick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so pterodactyl is my bird? Yeah, crocodile elephants, Komodo dragon. How long is this top ten list?
Speaker 2: This would have been a good open for USCOO.
Speaker 1: It's more interested than the movie. Let's get into Maxack and ma Sack. Could be anything, It could be a boat. And this week Mac, with about one hundred more of these planned and soon to be released Disney sequels, I ask you to rank them the Disney sequels, and I am including Pixar movies only theatrical. So Aladdin, King of Thieves that would have been number one not on the board.
Speaker 2: So we got thirteen in total? Yes? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Fourteen?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I wasn't sure if you were counting that last one that got a theatrical theatrical release.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't even know if I've seen it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might have seen.
Speaker 1: I think I have.
Speaker 2: Of the fourteen, i've seen twelve. I haven't seen Fantasia two thousand. I actually still haven't seen Frozen two.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the first Fantasia? Yeah, of course it's fucking wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what dumb question. I don't haven't seen the first Fantasia.
Speaker 1: I've never seen Citizen Kane. I don't know. I had. It's one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 2: Uh good. I didn't straight up rank them. I tier to them. I know the people like a good tier. I got four tiers here.
Speaker 1: I can tear within my ranking. So don't poo pooh me, don't poo poo me.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the tear as you throw whatever. Movies in here. We got forty doggers. I just have one Toy Story two.
Speaker 1: Toy Story two, and I've also recently rewatched it. It is such a good movie. It is easily the best of the Toy story movies.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you were queuing up another movie when you were saying that, Yes, Toy Story two is my favorite Toy Story movie. I think it's the best Toy story movie, and by far, I think the best sequel out of all of these.
Speaker 1: It is just complex enough, like story wise, where you're still willing to buy into these these toys out on this adventure without being like, how are they getting away with all of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, they They did a wonderful job recreating the magic and then doing it better than the first movie.
Speaker 1: Newman's in it.
Speaker 2: Frazier and there is great. I mean that spawned a whole other fucking movie that not a ton of people like, but it did. From there, I have really good movies now. I actually consider this probably two steps down, two tiers down, okay from forty Doggers. I think there's a massive gap between Storyge.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call it a massive but go.
Speaker 2: And everything else and this tier goo. I just have two. I have Toy Story four and Incredibles too, both movies that are really good but are nowhere near the top. It's nowhere near Toy Story or Toy Story two, and Incredibles two is nowhere near incredible pace.
Speaker 1: I have Toy Story three and Incredibles too. In this one, Toy Story three also, I just rewatched all the Toy Story movies. Toy Story three. People talk a lot about, you know, Oh, it's so emotional watching the toys going toward the furnace. No, everything with Andy in that movie. And maybe it's just me as a father, you know now that you are seeing the kid that you grew up when he's your age in nineteen ninety five, and now he's going off into college, he's getting rid of all of his stuff, and it's teasing the passage of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't like that movie.
Speaker 1: I think it's great. I think it's an amazing movie. And him giving all of his stuff away to Bonnie at the end, that's more tier jury. Then all the Toys in the furnace, but also toys in the Furnace kind of tear jerking, if we're gonna go out, we're gonna go out together.
Speaker 2: Toy Story three so close to being good and it's not. It's tough for me. And then my next tier Goo I have. I like them, but I don't really care if you do or don't. So these are the movies that if someone said I didn't like, I be like, yeah, that's fine with me. Three movies in here Goo, which again speaks to the quality I think of these izzy sweakels most of them. Half of them are below this tier. Ralph Breaks the Internet, Mawana two, and The Rescuers Rescuers down Under. Three movies that if someone really liked, I beIN Yeah, I get it. Three movies that if people didn't like, I also get that. I also get that. I think these movies are good, not great, and they have They're flawed movies for sure.
Speaker 1: I also have The Rescuers down under it the first Disney sequel, and I also have Mawana too in here, but I would also put Toy Story four in here. Toy Story four is very good, but it does get to like many points in the movie. And I understand that it's not a realistic movie. It is toys that come to life and they go off on crazy adventures. Yeah, but there's many a point in this movie where I'm just saying, how are these things not being caught? How are these things driving a car right now? And I understand they drive a car and Toy Story two as well, but there's a bit too much going on here.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't agree. I think it's that movie surprises shot out of me. I borderline loved that movie. But that's okay that you don't go. Here's the tier where everything else falls into. Either I straight up don't like these or I don't remember one fucking thing about them. Now, admittedly I don't really hate any of these. Two of them are close to hate or disdain, but for the most part, I just straight up didn't like these or don't remember anything about them. Inside out two, I don't really care for the first one. This is much as the same. I knew what it was, what I was getting into Marsh's University, just missed the mark.
Speaker 1: Boring.
Speaker 2: I hate it doesn't work for me. I have Toy Story three here for a lot of the same reasons. Just doesn't work for me. Cars three and Cars two. I don't remember one fucking thing about either of these movies, not one, not one thing. So they're here finding Dori. This is the closest one to me hating this movie. Just like bothered the fuck out of me.
Speaker 1: I did complete I did grab of a garbage movie.
Speaker 2: I did not like this movie at all. I don't even really like Dory as a character. I think it was stupid that they she got her own thing, but whatever.
Speaker 1: I also hate it if they brought in Marlin and Nemo into that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're one hundred percent right about that. And again, I haven't seen Frozen two. I have a I have a suspicion that Frozen two would get into I like them, but I don't care if you if you, if you do type type of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would split my categories into two here where I think that Frozen two, Cars three, Inside Out two, and Ralph Breaks the Internet are solid enough. Frozen two, I think it overly complicates way too much of it. There's one decent song in there. The songs do not match up well against the first movie. That was the movie that really tipped me off of what Mowana too was gonna be a lot of the same, not a lot of great music. Cars three, I think is actually a pretty good rocky movie if you want to look at like that. Well, Lightning McQueen's older. He has to train a new car to beat Armie Hammer, and we all know Armie Hammer is a bad guy.
Speaker 2: Cood to that point. By the way, when comparing Mowana and Frozen, because I know Frozen was a lot of people's Moana before Mowanna. To me, the characters in Mowana are much more likable than a Frozen Frozen. I kind of hate all of the.
Speaker 1: Characters inside out too, and Ralph breaks the Internet not my favorite. Whatever, then I would go to the bottom of the bin. I think the I think these are all bad movies, Okay. Cars two is like a James Bond movie for some reason.
Speaker 2: I am aware that a lot of people hate Cars two. I don't have that feeling towards it, but only because I have no feeling towards it. I don't remember one thing from the movie.
Speaker 1: If you opened Lightning McQueen's past your door, would you see a giant brain in there?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Oh because I don't think so. Have we seen into any of the cars and cars before?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: What a mystery?
Speaker 1: Would you see a skeleton?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. We'll see one day. Cars Open the Door. That's what's be called Cars four Opened the Door. Monsters You, I hated. I could not stand Monsters You, and I love the first movie. The second one was just like, how can we use these characters again?
Speaker 2: College That bothersh it out of me because it also wreckcon some things for the first movie, and the first movie is probably a forty dog movie and that that second one is.
Speaker 1: Just horseshit and Finding Dory sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Finding Dory does suck.
Speaker 1: And I can't think if I.
Speaker 2: Find the Nemo might be a forty dogger as well. Like That's that's the problem with some of these is like we they absolutely crushed the first iteration of them, and then they're just like, ah, fuck, we gotta figure out another story. Well you didn't. You didn't have to. You just didn't have to.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, creating something new is tough, and like getting idiots like us to like talk about this stuff is usually eat a sequel to get the ip going and then we'll talk. But like you can make new stuff.
Speaker 2: What year did Finding Nemo come out?
Speaker 1: Two thousand and three?
Speaker 2: Okay, so then there's a little bit of a gap after that before having something as successful as that. Frozen might have been the next one that was that successful, which is probably why they went back to all these sequels. The Cars movies made a bazillion dollars, but I don't think I don't think adults really like the Cars movies right.
Speaker 1: Oh no, right after Finding So Nemo was two thousand and three, Yeah, that's what I said, than The Incredibles and No. Four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so those two I would have switched them. I would have thought Incredibles came out first. But after that there's the gap until we get to Frozen.
Speaker 1: No after that. So Cars makes a ton of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Cars just like didn't register at me.
Speaker 1: Finish.
Speaker 2: Cars is more kids whereas But my point is Cars is knocked out like, so I'm making all the Disney movies and we did Car the first carrs movie is very low on my list, Yes, very low.
Speaker 1: But then you follow up Cars in twenty oh seven with Ratitui, twentyh eight, is Wally twenty oh nine, is Up twenty ten? Is Toy Story three? Like that's not a bad run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I was thinking just Disney, those are the Pixar movies.
Speaker 1: Right, because I don't love the next run of Pixar movies with Cars too Brave. Mon Frog was seven, Frozen was thirty nine, from Tangled was eleven, Frozen was thirteen.
Speaker 2: And what was before Purchase of the Frog? What was the last Bolt?
Speaker 1: Was it Bolt?
Speaker 2: That movie kind of stinks?
Speaker 1: Was it Bolt?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I guess Pixar has been carrying the load here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would say I guess Pixar Star Wars and Marvel.
Speaker 2: But to that point, Frozen and Moan are probably more successful than all of those besides Toy Story.
Speaker 1: Do you think Mowana would fit in well with the X Men with her? We know that Elsa would.
Speaker 2: But also definitely would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Mac, where can the folks find us?
Speaker 2: People can find us on Twitter and on Instagram at Mac and gooo podcast ever had the platform where you're Mac Amberson and Goo. That's Max just seven Goo that includes Facebook, Stitch your tuning, cashbacks, Preako, Google Play, iHeartRadio. We're on Spotify, but more importantly we're on Apple Podcasts. Get on there, rate review, subscribe five stars. If you do that, we'll get your free T shirt from the folks over at Watertown Sports where that's Watertown Sports where thirty four Motavn Street Watertown Is that what I usually say? Watertownsports dot com extra screenprinting and embroidery.
Speaker 1: Public dot com, merch Church check us out next week for a news dump and then Craven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna miss a screening on working, so I'm gonna have to fucking try to see it like Thursday, early Friday.
Speaker 1: I'm also excited to talk to you about the Bob Dylan movie. Please see it? So, okay, and your dad, bring your dad? Does your dad like Bob Dylan?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: Bring my father in law?
Speaker 2: And I think that's why I have the same feeling towards him my dad. I think we all recognize how great of a songwriter he is. I hate his voice. Dude, hate his voice.
Speaker 1: You know what's good in the movie, though, is that they really drive home that he's an asshole, but he's really unlikable to everyone around him.
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, did your father in law?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My father in law is maybe the biggest Bob Dylan fan I have ever met, and he also was It was like watching a Marvel movie where like you're sitting back going like, oh, that's so and so, that's so and so. He told me everyone on the screen in every single scene, whether it was a producer, a board op, someone work in the fucking Oregon in the back. He knew them all.
Speaker 2: So is he a big Bob Dylan guy just because he's a big music guy or was Bob Dylan like huge when he was a kid in the Philippines. No.
Speaker 1: I think it's more that he's a big music guy and he loves the sound of like the sixties, early seventies.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah, because he's also a big Beatles.
Speaker 1: Have you heard the Beatles? He likes the Beatles as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what, the best Bob Dylan movie is Hurricane starring Denzel Washington.
Speaker 1: I thought you're gonna say, the one where he was played by eight different people. One of them was Kate Blanchette, the other was a black child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: It was called I'm Not Really There or something.
Speaker 2: You know. You know, it's gonna be me and my relationship with that movie in the theaters.
Speaker 1: I'm not really there or something. There you go, No, go see it. I want to talk to you about.
Speaker 2: It, all right, all right, I like it?
Speaker 1: So I like it.
Speaker 2: Did you love it? Or did you just like it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Timmy Shall's was that good? Then Oscar Worthy?
Speaker 1: That's what always happens.
Speaker 2: So Mangold will get nominated for director then probably probably?
Speaker 1: Well okay, yeah, all right, how does it feel?
Speaker 2: I think if you and I sat in the room for four hours and fucked around a little bit with our voices, we could come up with a better, better version of any Bob don't song No.
Speaker 1: No, I guarantee you you mean singing wise, Yes, no, we can't. I'm the least talented person in the world. I singooes with a lot of things. I don't sing karaoke.
Speaker 2: I sing karaoke. So we got that going for us, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So you know, what we're gonna do for that podcast. I'm just gonna give you a giant sheet of lyrics and you can read to me. All right, sounds good, Okay. Tuesdays are Goose Days. I Abuse Kangaroos, Team Burton.
Speaker 2: Bye. Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for girls jumping on trampolines.