Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, welcome back to Mountain Murders Midweek and I'm Dylan. I'm so excited this is not the twelfth take.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to say my name. Yeah, I know, like I'm Beyonce.
Speaker 1: We are here to recrap some true crime news and get you called up today on what's happening.
Speaker 2: It has been a wacky, wavy wild ride this week. So many things happening in the crime world. Yeah, and I know those of you who are true crime officionados are going to be very familiar with the case. We have a wonderful update on this story and I cannot wait to get into it. I've been just impatiently waiting to discuss. And that is the Christin Smart.
Speaker 1: Case, big development.
Speaker 2: Dylan, are you familiar with the Kristen Smart case?
Speaker 1: You know it seems like that rings a bell, but you know I have a goldfish memory, so please remind me.
Speaker 2: Well, I will refresh your memory. Kristen Smart disappeared in nineteen ninety six. She was a nineteen year old freshman at California Polytechnic State University Vanish on May twenty fifth of nineteen ninety six, after attending an off campus party, near the San Luis Obispo campus. Her schoolmate Paul Flores was long considered the prime suspect because he was believed to be the last person with Smart as the two walked back toward campus. Prosecutors later alleged he killed Smart during an attempted rape in his dorm room. Despite Smart's body never being found, Flores was convicted of first degree murderer in twenty twenty two, following a lengthy trial in Monterey County that had been moved from San Luis obisbo Abispo because of the extensive publicity surrounding the case. At one point, law enforcement and online sleuths were actually looking at Scott Peterson that he could have possibly been involved. I believe in.
Speaker 1: This case, well yeah, and anything getting tied up into that, you know, Peterson's story, which was such a huge story, is going to cause you know, things like notoriety, rumors and just all kinds of conflicts. So it doesn't you know, it's funny when they try to do a change of venue a county or two away in this day and age, I don't think that matters as much, you know what I mean, because used to if you got outside of a regional news area, you could get away from the press coverage and you know, the salacious details and stories and the newspapers and all that. But that's not as true nowadays, you know, what with social media and all. Well.
Speaker 2: I think when you hold a trial that's got a lot of publicity in the county where the crime happened, you run the risk of getting people in the jury pool possibly who knew the victim or has a friend that knew the victim. And I think that it's one of the reasons. I mean, of course, if it's a well publicized trial, you're going to know details of the case, whether you live a mile away or one thousand miles away, as you mentioned, you know, just due to the nature of our globally connected world. But I do think it's wise to move some of these popular cases simply because you could run into problems finding a jury that's not that's not like contaminated. I don't know how to say that.
Speaker 1: I'm saying no, yeah, that's not tainted, yes.
Speaker 2: And contaminated, tainted, zombifide, whatever, because they could possibly you know, the victim of the family, right, they.
Speaker 1: Could have some kind of conflict of interest personal connection. Yes, okay, well that makes that does make more sense than that element of it.
Speaker 2: I feel very loopy today, So I am sorry if I am not on track. I'm trying. I'm trying here. I'm on the struggle bus.
Speaker 1: We both are on the struggle bus. So we don't know if this will be in our top five pods.
Speaker 2: Ever, this is probably not going to be the top five episode. But let's get back to it. Yl.
Speaker 1: We are trying. Oh my gosh, we're trying so hard right now.
Speaker 2: Please send us notes of encouragements. Investigators this week searched the Arroyo Grande home of Flores's mother, and we have uncovered some new details.
Speaker 1: Dylan, does that mean like like a break in the case Arroyo Grande? Is that like a big I mean like big Arroyo? All right, moving on.
Speaker 2: You you are something else. They law enforcement. They law enforcement have uncovered positive results from soil testing that authorities say are consistent with human remains present presence. Okay, So this revelation came during a Friday morning press conference in which the San Luis bis Bo County Sheriff Ian Parkinson discussed the Act Search Warrant operation that is tied to Susan Flores's home in the five hundred block of East Branch Street. Now, investigators were receiving results consistent with human remains presents, but they are not exactly sure if they have found human remains, because it seems during the early investigation before Flores was actually convicted, they found the presence of human remains under his father's porch and they believed that Kristen Smart had maybe been held there or buried there and then exhumed and relocated. Oh, so it could be the same case here, or maybe they're actually going to find her remains, which would be just excellent news for the family because they have waited so long for answers, and I know they just want to put their daughter to rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean, honestly, after all these years, that would be the best outcome if they were found her remains and then you know, bring her home if you will.
Speaker 2: What's interesting is that during the trial, prosecutors presented evidence that candaverdogs alerted to Paul Flores's dorm room shortly after she disappeared. Investigators also testified that a six foot by four foot anomaly discovered beneath a deck at Reuben Flores. His home contained soil samples that has tested positive for human blood. Authorities believe, as I said, Smart's body had been buried beneath the deck maybe for some years, or you know, then moved years later, which is very very strange to think about.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Parkinson said, that's that he believes. Quote, Kristen has been moved, and we don't know how many times she's been moved and where she's been moved.
Speaker 1: So what do you think about a case like this? I feel like it's never too late, never too late, never too late to bring them home or you know the story.
Speaker 2: Hoping and praying that investigators have a very fruitful search. I would love to see Kristen go home.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, thirty years is.
Speaker 2: Such a long time for her family to wait. I don't know what they've been through. I'm sure it's been pure hell. She was such a beautiful young woman and obviously very smart. Cow Polytechnic is you know, like a top notch school, right, And you know, it's so sad in these cases because who knows what she would have gone on to do or be who she might have become, Yeah, or.
Speaker 1: What she may have contributed to society exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I guess we will know something soon about the results and if they actually do find the human remains. The Christ and Smart case became one of California's most infamous unsolved disappearances and drew renewed attention after an investigative journalist named Chris Lambert uncovered new witnesses and the inconsistencies in Flores's family's accounts through his Your Own Backyard podcast. Oh really, yeah, I mean so it's I think it's very cool to see podcasters putting in work and solving crimes, helping correct cases.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you have these, you know, you have all kinds of types of podcasts, and when you have these ones that are they're actually a podcaster slash investigative you know journalists, and they really put in the work and spend the time and come up with some creative waves to approach the story and the evidence that it that we do have, even evidence a lot of times, it's been discussed many many times gone over by multiple you know, groups of investigators, and they will find that one thing because how many times the resolution to the case, the key thing that breaks it loose is already in the file.
Speaker 2: Well, a fresh pair of eyes, as they say, never hurts to look over the information that's already been gathered. And you know, people think so differently. Law enforcement, I'm sure, are looking for details or you know, maybe different things than like an investigative journalist.
Speaker 1: Would be looking for, right and law enforcement we also can't forget they're always in the moment when it's happening, as it's you know, first happening and developing, and they have to be careful to not violate things people's rights and you know, things like that or the law, and so yeah, they're kind of walking a tie rope the whole time they're trying to figure out something like this.
Speaker 2: Another aspect is that oftentimes people don't want to talk to police for whatever reason. Maybe they're a f authority, they don't like authority, they don't want to snitch. I think it's easier for folks to speak to someone who's not law enforcement, say a podcaster or a news reporter, right, but they feel more comfortable revealing certain information.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and also it sometimes helps when it's been years and years later and people change, you know, people's mindsets change, People get older, they mature. You know something you might not have thought it was a big deal. Maybe you can't live with it, maybe never forgotten about it. And all it takes is someone coming to you asking about that again, or you know, start pulling those threads and then boom, you just unload it, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Dylan, let's move along here. Betty Broderick, Oh my gosh. She's widely known for murdering her husband and his new wife back in nineteen eighty nine. She died in prison this week at the age of seventy eight while a life sentence.
Speaker 1: Man. I have to say, we watched.
Speaker 2: A made for TV movie.
Speaker 1: A made for TV movie about her one when rainy Saturday, and we both kind of got caught up. You know.
Speaker 2: It's actually multiple I think there's two movies.
Speaker 1: And they did not portray her. Obviously what she did was terrible, but they just portrayed her as like the bitchiest crazy, can't let it go, and which I think maybe that's you know, what happened in this story, But it was kind of funny, how just unbearable they made her character. What was the one we watched had that blondheaded woman played her?
Speaker 2: You are terrible at this. Meredith Baxter stars as Betty and old pervert Stephen Collins. Ohay, is her husband Dan? Yes, before, of course he had the sex scandal where he's a child predator.
Speaker 1: Well, this is before they had he had the scandal, But I don't think it was before he was being a sex press.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm saying it's before we all knew he was a creep. The made for TV movie is called A Woman Scorned the Betty Broderick Story, And just for patrons, we are going to drop an episode where we recap this made for TV movie and discuss elements of the case.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was wonderful.
Speaker 2: You definitely want to join us for that discussion over on Patreon now. Broderick's real name is Elizabeth A. Broadrick, and she died on Friday May eighth, at three o'clock am local time, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said in a statement, and this was shared with People magazine three weeks before her death. Broaderick was moved from the California Institution for Women to an outside medical center for like a higher level of care. But we don't have the details of our health conditions. It sounds like she was maybe very ill at the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, right.
Speaker 2: Now, medical doctor determined that her initial cause of death was natural, so they're looking to rule her you know, ruling her cause of death at a later time officially. But it does look like she died of you know, natural consequences.
Speaker 1: She wasn't shanged. She just dies not. Now, do you think that justice was served in this case?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think what she did was terrible. And that's what killed me about it is if any of that was true as far as the finances go that was portrayed in that movie.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure it was because California has a very equitable community property law when it comes to equitable distribution of assets and you know, financial types of things and divorces.
Speaker 1: Right, So, I mean, it wasn't like she was being left high and dry after having had this you know, years long relationship and this marriage and building this family, and or her husband. You know, I think, well he was a lawyer, right, He had a very successful lawyer I had made you know, ended up making lots of money, and she just it's like most people would like most women would have liked to have Hey, I bought you this house over here so you can go live there now. And it's nice and it's on the water, and it's just you had still have cars, and I don't know, that's just I just don't understand why she couldn't just let go and move on with her life. She could not stand and I understand.
Speaker 2: Well, when you get into the details of the case, she has been diagnosed with several psychiatric I guess disorders are issues including I believe in narcissistic personality disorder and a historionic disorder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which would explain why she couldn't just let me go.
Speaker 2: Maybe some of the reasons why she took it so far.
Speaker 1: My gosh.
Speaker 2: What I find interesting about Betty's case is that, you know, she gained national notoriety after she murdered her husband and his new wife. It's one of those cases that really captured I think American audiences because those made for TV movies were quite popular at this time.
Speaker 1: They were had, you know, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of crime stories, the Adam Walsh case, my name is Stephen movie, and people were really captivated by these made for TV movies. So she got a lot of publicity just through the film. And also it seems to me maybe this was one of the first big cases, aside from Diane Downs, of a female killer just taking it, you know, taking it to the next level if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's true, and that's why. That's exactly why.
Speaker 2: The upper middle class, maybe even wealthy, living in this very affluent neighborhood. She was the mother of, for well why you know, middle aged white woman. I mean, I think all those things were just kind of shocking for people.
Speaker 1: People just could not.
Speaker 2: How did this soccer mom? How is she pushed to do this or whatever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look what he will? Look what he made her do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna, just like I said, we're going to discuss this film on our latest Patreon episode. What I found so funny in the film is the scene where Betty is like drive, she drives her vehicle into his into her husband ex husband's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she slams the car into.
Speaker 2: The house, and she really is kind of like, why'd you make me do this?
Speaker 1: Look what you made me do? Yes, people like that just blow me away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite a film. It was on Prime. I definitely recommend watching it if you want to get a few laughs. And also learn more about the case. I mean, it's a pretty decent film for TV.
Speaker 1: Not without my daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, some of those movies back then were a little too much. I always love the Lifetime movies My step Son My Lover. Yeah, oh yeah, that one sticks out for me because I had a professor that was an actor and he had some bit part in My step Son My Lover.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, okay, yeah, those movies are very popular. They're very cheap to make, and they would just churn them out. You had Lifetime doing that, you had the Hallmark Channel doing that, and the form of the holiday movies are always very popular, you know, you know the stick, the big successful person comes back to the small town and oh that's.
Speaker 2: The premise for like every Lifetime Christmas film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they look down on they look down on everybody, like you're just a bunch of po ducts. Now. But then they find love, that love from high school or the love they never knew was right.
Speaker 2: And maybe at first they can't they don't like each other.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they hate each other.
Speaker 2: Then somehow they magically fall in love.
Speaker 1: They can't live without each other.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna admit I hate those movies. I'm never gonna watch them.
Speaker 1: You know. During the height of that, there were small I'd rather watch my step son. There were multiple picturesque towns in America that would be rented out for these movies, and they would actually fight over these towns because they just had that perfect look. Maybe they had natural snowfall, which obviously is going to help and save money. And these towns to be booked years out to like Freddy's Lifetime or Hallmark to come in and film these movies on. You know, it was a pretty funny thing.
Speaker 2: To one thing I do remember back in the nineties, Wilmington, North Carolina was a bit of a hotspot for filmmaking. Oh yeah, North Carolina had a lot of tax breaks for film to come in. The film industry was booming, especially around the coast. You had Dawson's Creek filmed on the coast One Tree Hill, I know what you did last summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know about the strength of it now, but back then it was a very kind of a hot spot.
Speaker 2: Some of that Terrible Mario Brothers movie Home to North Carolina.
Speaker 1: A lot of that Terrible Marios he was filmed.
Speaker 2: I knew some of it was filmed here, right.
Speaker 1: I was on the set of that one. Yeah, yeah, I've told you.
Speaker 2: That, right, Oh yeah, you did tell me that. I'm sorry it escapes.
Speaker 1: I'm like, God, she doesn't care. Yes, my mom's boy longtime boyfriends. What a sister's husband was a grip.
Speaker 2: And I always wondered, what does a grip do?
Speaker 1: You know? Back behind the scenes production, it's just getting everything set set up, and you know, I don't know exactly what they do, but it's along the lines and they're.
Speaker 2: Just manual labor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the painting, uh, you know, and I'm sure i'm naming off multiple other jobs or whatever. The electricity that everything. And his son went on to be on the behind the scenes crew of East Bounding Down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, east Bounding Down. Gosh, that's such a great show.
Speaker 1: First season of East Bounding Down is one of the best comedy series ever.
Speaker 2: Danny McBride is funny, he really is. I love Danny McBride's material The Righteous Gemstones.
Speaker 1: Well, and he's very creative because he'll be to do the writing and you know, the producing and directing. So very very creative guy.
Speaker 2: Very talented guy, super funny. One of my favorite films is the foot fist way, he's like a martial arts teacher. That movie is something else. What I was gonna say about Wilmington being a hotspot is so many of those made for TV movies, the Lifetime and the made for TV movies were filmed in Wilmington because I knew several actors in the theater department at my college that were in the back ground of some of those films. Ok At Locke was a show filmed in North Carolina and one of my professors was like a rotating judge. Yeah, so that was always kind of cool. You know, we've got to talk about Tanner Horner, that gaping butthole man.
Speaker 1: You know, a word on the street is they're waiting for him to be processed, and they're waiting actively talking about they.
Speaker 2: Can't be waiting for the boy like you to get.
Speaker 1: Their hands on this monster. And I really hope that's true.
Speaker 2: Coming to mess it, they're going.
Speaker 1: To come into his life.
Speaker 2: I want to stab you in your rectum with a shame. Okay. Anyway, So, the former FedEx delivery driver who pleaded guilty to killing the seven year old Texas girl Athena Strand was sentenced to death on Tuesday. Yes.
Speaker 1: Now, now all we need is for them to actually kill the piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Horner thirty four, was set to go on try when he pled guilty April seventh in the kidnapping and killing of Athena Strand in rural Wise County. In November of twenty twenty two, he is definitely on death row, and Texas uses lethal injection to carry out executions, so I have a good feeling that old Tanner's not going to spend the rest of his life on death row because they be killing people in Texas.
Speaker 1: No, I think this was a high profile case. It's just a terrible, monstrous crime. It's hard to even wrap your head around it completely. And I mean, I think everyone who's heard about the case or heard any of the details, my god, me and you were talking about the PTSD that jurors go through in some of these cases, and I think this one has to stand out as just it would be really hard. I would love to set on that panel and I would love to sentence this man to death. I would enjoy every moment of that. But the evidence that they would have to must review, must review, be it visual, audio, audio or whatever, and they say, the audio on this is I mean, you could only imagine it's.
Speaker 2: It's something I think no one wants to hear.
Speaker 1: It is no way that, there's no way that that doesn't affect you or change you as a person. To have been exposed to that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's going to change your brain, right, It's something you're never you know, certain things you see burns into your brain and you're never going to unsee it exactly, And just like that audio, you're never going to unhear it. I hope I never come across this all. I do not want to hear it.
Speaker 1: I do not want to hear it. But I did find I did find it interesting that in this case it seemed like you couldn't get away from it when its when you know, it first broke there some weeks ago, and it was just everywhere.
Speaker 2: Right everywhere as far as social media goes. Were clips of the little girl being filmed inside the FedEx struck. Yes, And I didn't want It's like, I don't even I don't want to watch that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't understand because it was one of those times when you just couldn't not see it.
Speaker 2: It's just too much for me.
Speaker 1: And it seemed like a mass trauma event to me. It seemed like it was meant to because of the crime, because the details, and I don't know, it just seemed like it was discussed and shared way more openly in the public than usual. It really disturbs me that it's just terrible. I could see the little girl in my head right now, the poor little thing, and just my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I don't know if it's we as a people have become desensitized to these things, if the media is pushing the envelope more. But there are certain things I can never imagine being played on the TV news if you still watch TV news or on you know, wherever you get your news, of seeing a video like this, right, I cannot imagine something like that back in the day. And I say this having grown up in the era of Rodney King's video. But you know, I just think there's certain things that maybe just need to be held. Yeah, I agree, close everything needs to be released to the public. No, but old boy can look forward to that hot shot.
Speaker 1: I hope he doesn't make it that far, and I hope somebody gets their hands on Oh.
Speaker 2: He's gonna He's gonna be in a hot spot with a hot shot bud, and I.
Speaker 1: Hope that it goes horribly wrong and a painful death, a way more painful than its supposed to be.
Speaker 2: We know about Dylan's foot of justice, swiftly kicking criminals in the ass.
Speaker 1: I would kill this man and not miss a wink of sleep.
Speaker 2: That's a great confession to make. I'm glad we have audio allegedly moving along. This is a super disturbing story, Dylan. The one place you would like to think children could be safe, protected away from absolute monsters would be Disney, a place for children.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they don't have a lot of luck at school or in the church. So now you can't even go to Disney.
Speaker 2: Well, today we're talking about cruise ships and more than two dozen cruise ship employees, including Disney cruise workers. We're arrested by US Customs and Border Protection in a child exploitation ring bust that took place at the port in San Diego.
Speaker 1: My god, So you have these people who are connected to something like that working on a ship or working with people that work on a ship full of children. I mean, just think about that's in international waters.
Speaker 2: On regular cruise ships. But you know, Disney's very family oriented, so you would expect there are going to be a lot of children on this cruise, utilizing this cruise line with their families.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so do you have the people who you think are there to help you, who could possibly be the one who makes your kid disappear at some port?
Speaker 2: Frightening because twenty eight people from three different countries were arrested, twenty six from the Philippines, one from Indonesia, and another from Portugal. They were all interviewed and twenty seven were found to have taken part in quote the receipt, possession, transportation, distribution, or viewing of child sexual exploitation material or child pornography.
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 2: Now, it's unclear how many of those people work for the Disney Cruise Line, but Disney released a statement saying that they have a zero tolerance policy for this type of behavior, that they fully cooperated with law enforcement, and while the majority of these individuals were not employed with the Disney Cruise Line, those who were are no longer part of the company.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, you fired them.
Speaker 2: So agents boarded a total of eight cruise ships in the port of San Diego between April twenty third and April twenty seventh in search of these suspects. Their visas have been revoked and they are scheduled for deportation.
Speaker 1: Now, if these suspects had a history of this and they had a record, I think obviously that's something that Disney should have known by just doing basic background checks and things like that. And maybe they do, but these people could may not have records.
Speaker 2: They may not have well exactly. I mean, I'm pretty sure they do background checks when they hire you for these types of jobs, but they really have no way of monitoring if their employees are downloading or exchanging CEASAM no material.
Speaker 1: You know, no, it's true. So I mean one way you look at people are like, oh my god, Disney, It's like, what could they do about it until they know?
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, there's there's maybe no way really to vet employees for this type of thing.
Speaker 1: Now, do you want to hear a dystopian notion that may become reality?
Speaker 2: We are living in a dystopian nightmare, So what is it? What next?
Speaker 1: Well, this one is they're wanting to use AI to judge whether or not you are capable of driving your vehicle, So the AI would monitor your face, your facial expressions, your eyes, whether or not their openers shut, and could possibly pull your car over and shut your car off if it deems that you are not in a proper state or can safely operate your motor vehicle.
Speaker 2: You have questions. Okay, first of all, is this something you actually heard or is this a conspiracy theory?
Speaker 1: This is something that they're fighting a bill in Congress to stop.
Speaker 2: Well that was the other question.
Speaker 1: It's real.
Speaker 2: Is is this real news or is this Dylan saw some rando on TikTok saying it? So it must be true.
Speaker 1: This is real, This is real. And then I mean I have to have questions like what if it so you're what if you're a mom with a car full of kids and you're you know, you're just tired because you've had sick kids, there's been a long week, and all of a sudden, the AI decides that you're not capable of safely operating your vehicle, pulls the car over, shut your vehicle off. How do you how do you appeal that? Who do you get help? Or what happened? I just see so many problems with that. If you know the government shutting your car off I don't like it at all.
Speaker 2: Anyway, very frightening thought. But also I don't enjoy driving, so I definitely would be a candidate for a self driving car.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, just get me there, all right, I'm your self driving car.
Speaker 2: You you're my chauffeur, and I appreciate.
Speaker 1: That driving, Miss Heather very much.
Speaker 2: Dylan, I'm not sure if you have seen this. You are on social media way more than me, but there's a video floating around of a store clerk in Fort Myers, Florida being murdered by a how do I see it? An undocumented Haitian fellow with a hammer.
Speaker 1: Oh God, have you seen this? No?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately I saw some of the footage very nightmarish. So the Lee County h Granury return an indictment against Robert uh Jaquen, forty, in connection with the April second killing of Nailufah Eastman, a fifty one year old immigrant from Bangladesh, at a gas station in Fort Myers. According to prosecutors, Joaquin is accused of attacking the victim outside the gas station, striking her repeatedly in the head with a hammer, and killing her. Surveillance video captured the assault, which showed the victim being repeatedly struck in the head with a hammer after confronting the suspect for smashing her car window. Damn authorities described this video as extremely brutal and incredibly violent. And I have to say that's a very accurate description of what I witnessed. That sounds when I want, you know, this video was very disturbing.
Speaker 1: That sounds terrible. I don't understand things.
Speaker 2: I don't need to see or really want to see, investigator. Investigators say the perpetrator allegedly fled the scene following the attack, prompting a citywide search before Fort Myers police located him he was arrested. This is just wild, so the state attorney. State Attorney Fox said, quote, this crime was so so violent, so extreme, so unwarranted. It is something that once seen, is never to be forgotten. And actually goes on to think the Lee County Grandjuri who watched and reviewed the gruesome evidence in the case and gave it their full attention, because you know, it was definitely not an easy task. So again, like in the Athena Strand case, these folks had to sit down and watch this very disturbing graphic video of a woman being beaten to death with a hammer.
Speaker 1: See, it's like we should that person shouldn't even be in this country. And it sounds like a terrible, violent person who's dangerous, and I just I just don't understand why you would want someone like that or in your community. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we're not going to get into all that. The last time I kind of made some comments about it. I don't understand why you would want this very violent person to be here. Got a couple emails from folks telling me that, you know, they have a heart. You know. I guess I'm just not I'm not as morally superior as they are. So moving along, we won't get into all that. But again, it's it's incredibly violent and just I don't know what is happening. I know that we just have so much much much more awareness or connection. We see all of you know, these news reports and these videos they just cycle so quickly around social media. But it just seems every day it's just violence and violence and violence on top of violence, and again makes me wonder, what you said, is this all just like mass trauma. It's like mass trauma every day being pumped into our brains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I don't know how don't have the answers.
Speaker 2: Two inmates described as dangerous escaped Friday evening from a Kentucky detention center, prompting sorry, a multi agency man hunt.
Speaker 1: Okay, dangerous inmates own the loose.
Speaker 2: These two inmates had just walked away from the Rowan County Detention Center. That's my question. How do you just walk away? If you're locked up in a detention center? How do you just walk away?
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't make sense, does it?
Speaker 2: Investigators said. Multiple law enforcement agencies are actively searching for the escapees, with Kentucky State Police leading the investigation. These inmates should be considered dangerous. They warn the community not to approach anyone suspicious or unfamiliar. One of the inmates was identified as Michael Foegelman, twenty nine, who has described as six feet tall and weighs one hundred and eighty eight pounds. He has short or closely shaved hair, a short beard along his jawline and chin. According to police, can I just say I really hate those little skinny jawline beards?
Speaker 1: You hate the chin strap?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, I'm sure there are folks who rocket and it looks great on them. But for some reason, this dries up my vagina faster than Mitch McCall.
Speaker 1: So you see it, and it's just a it's a no.
Speaker 2: It's a hard It's an incredibly hard no for me.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cut mine just like that.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm also not a huge fan of the soul patch, like just the sole patch. Now, if you've got like a little mustache thing going and then maybe goello or a little beard and then maybe gello soule patch, Okay, I can tolerate that, but just the soule.
Speaker 1: Patch, sole patch, no mustache, Yeah, does that even happen?
Speaker 2: I've seen it. No, I've synced it with my two eyes dyling damn.
Speaker 1: I mean, who even has the balls to do that? Well?
Speaker 2: Instead of a soul patch, I feel like we should call it like the reverse Hitler, Yeah, because it's just that tiny little piece of hair that like Hitler had on his top lip, but it's on the bottom under the bottom lip. Okay, the reverse Hitler.
Speaker 1: We call that the down under.
Speaker 2: And can you imagine just the way styles come and go if that little weird mustache comes back in style, Like do you think the pencil thin, drawn on looking mustache of you know, days long ago. Well, we'll come back in style because John Waters is really like the only person that can pull off I think the pencil thin mustache.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously I became a part of his iconic look. If you will, if you do a silhouette of that, most people are going to be able to pick out John Waters if they know who he is. But no, I don't think that's coming back now. Could you imagine being the guy who is rocking the Hitler stash and like really looked good and it was his go to stash, and then Hitler does all that and ruins the stash for everybody?
Speaker 2: How dare you? Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I'm just gonna go out limb here and say, I don't think that was ever really like a good popular that. I don't think that was ever really a good look for anyone.
Speaker 1: Charlie Chaplin would disagree.
Speaker 2: Well, was he like was he a sex icon?
Speaker 1: Well? I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, was he super attractive? Did everyone want? Charlie Chaplin?
Speaker 1: It was no Timothy's challowmade.
Speaker 2: He was no Rudolph Valentino. You love Timothy Shamalima ding Dong. Uh, you know find him very arousing.
Speaker 1: You said you were exposed to a debate online about him, mister Shamalong and ding Dong, Timothy Shalloman.
Speaker 2: They're trying to make Fetch happen. Fetch is never going to happen.
Speaker 1: They're trying to make him a sex you know, sexy guy or whatever. And that you saw where when some women were trying to claim that he was sexier than Henry Caville.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry that broad shouldered, tall drink of water.
Speaker 1: If you don't know who he recently in the Witcher, he was in the DC universe of Superman, in you know, the Justice League movies.
Speaker 2: I'm of the leg Lamp. He's like electric sex glowing in the window.
Speaker 1: I'm a heateromel. I love women, but yeah, I do you love them? You don't have to question that.
Speaker 2: That's sure one.
Speaker 1: Well, I love you. I've always I've always loved women, right, I like to love them. You know, they get close to me and I'm just like, I'm gonna love you. But that is a very handsome, attractive man. I can say that. Yeah, I mean he is. He's one of those guys you look at you like, I get it. I get why women would just melt when this fucking six two six y three, two hundred and thirty pounds whatever guy comes in.
Speaker 2: I'm not even like a girl who goes swoony for muscular men.
Speaker 1: But Henry Cavill, I mean, he's got the face, he's got the jaw line, he's almost got the button chin.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I was younger and hotter and it didn't look like myself, he could get it.
Speaker 1: He's got the hair. I mean, he's just you know, he's got the eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh we you've thought about this, do you have you do you want to stare into into his eyes? Like intensely so.
Speaker 1: For anyone to try to make the argument that the one hundred and ten pounds so can wet Timothy Shamala mu ding Dong is hotter.
Speaker 2: People like what they like. And I know there are folks out there, men, women, cat dog, whatever you identify as, who are attracted to, you know, very thin men, maybe a you know, smaller men, lean, lean men. And there's nothing wrong with that to have your preference, but to try to stack well, that's the thing is, why are we comparing you know, this is what I guess irritates me a little bit about the double standards of men and women. You know, Like I've always considered myself a feminist, but I feel like modern feminism is very toxic. Women get very very upset when women are compared. Like if you compare Hollywood actresses like Emma Stone up against Jennifer Lawrence, which one's hotter, women are like, why are you pitting these two women against each other? Like that's not fair, Like that's not okay, right, But if women are pitting men against each other, and you've got little bird chested Timothy shammelim Edingdong who hates ballet and opera, and then you have Henry Cavill, who could get it from me or my husband.
Speaker 1: He can get it.
Speaker 2: He can come get it. Yeah, he can get Is that the one time you might have like a like a menasea.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm going to do anything, but maybe I would just like watch awful tower or awful tower over Haifai over him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we could can I high five two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're you're the other side of the tower. It's a double high five. That's when you're awful towering over someone.
Speaker 2: This is hot, this is hot.
Speaker 1: No, you know, I'm glad you brought up that double standard because I was watching I finished up something that i'd watched a couple of episodes. I think you'll remember. It was called Thurst Trap and it was this young hot. He wasn't my kind of hot, but it is this young He was a young attractive man young on TikTok and he really blew up content creator. His name was will I forget last name, but whatever, and oh, I'm sure I'm sure some of our audience knows exactly what I'm talking about. And he kind of blew up, got really popular and had this uh group of fans, super fans. They would do things like while he's live streaming, they would call the restaurant where he's eating out with friends and pay his bill and they would they would fly out and kind of stalk him and and try to find him and just wanted to meet him and this and that, and they called themselves the Grotto Girls. I mean, they had like merch and branding and all.
Speaker 2: This, and they.
Speaker 1: Had some money and they were just actively many of them older women, just lusting, openly lusting and just salivating after this young and he's putting himself out there. He knows what he's doing. He's doing the wink and the little smartrapping. Yeah, so he's working it or whatever. And I just thought to myself the whole time I'm watching this, because it just went through all this drama. He meets, you know, a group of them, he has sex with one of them, they all get caddy with each other and dosing and exposing each other, and somehow this stuff, somehow his nudes got like leaked out, and it's all this and it's very weird, you know, and he's having a mental problems, and he'd go offline and back online, and it's just I'm like, if this the roles were reverse, and this was a young, attractive woman and this was a group of fucking gross old men throwing money at her and hiding in the bushes when you know, going to her actual house and hometown and flying in and all this shit.
Speaker 2: That does happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm saying, but models, Well, the tone of the series will be very different. It will be talking about how dark and scary it is instead of just having all these women on there laughing about how they're you know, it's kind of gross what you're doing. It's kind of gross, right, It's lusting after a.
Speaker 2: Young person's gross all around. I don't mind the lusting after a young person because me out if you're a cougar or get it girl, if that's your thing. I mean, I'm like, people can do what they want to do. I'm really open minded about most of the time people doing what they want to do, Okay. I mean, it doesn't bother me. You're you know, what you do in your bedroom. It's not my business. Like if you're fucking a tree, as long as that tree consents, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I just like how the bark feels against my skin.
Speaker 2: If you want to dress in a furry suit, you know, and have sex with somebody else that's also wearing layers of furry suit.
Speaker 1: That's fine, right.
Speaker 2: I Mean, I draw the line at certain things. Obviously we do not approve of, like pedophiles and that type of thing, right, But for the most part, I'm just like, I'm really open minded about it. Maybe some of some things aren't for public view. I don't necessarily need to see it in public, okay, right, I don't want to see people fucking in public.
Speaker 1: No, I don't, and I'm also going to stand up for them this.
Speaker 2: The other day there was a nude beach in France. Was reading you this entire article about this very famous nude beach beach in France, and there's a resort there, so a lot of people travel. They like to go be naturists, naturalists, nudists, nudists, they're just o natural baby.
Speaker 1: But they're not typically sexualized about it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's the thing. It's not sex. It's not sexual. But these people who've been a part of this community and who have traveled to this resort and have been enjoying it for decades are growing increasingly like upset and frustrated. Because of social media, it's kind of taken off and now they have an influx of visitors who think it's about fucking on the beach, exhibitionists, layers doing these things out in the open, out in the public, on a public beach, in front of you know, people who are like, I don't, I don't want to see this, Like this is not the nudist beach is not for this. No, no, And it does seem that the local authorities are trying to like enforce you know, rules about this type of thing, but it keeps happening.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. It sounds crazy. You have a small group who have completely different intentions and viewpoints of something. Because the real newdi is they just feel free. As from what I can tell, the more comfortable, they feel more comfortable and just not wearing clothes. And they want to be able to go go to the store, pick up a few groceries, run some errands or whatever, or relax in you know, outside of a restaurant or at the beach naked and that's all they want.
Speaker 2: They want to play pickleball naked.
Speaker 1: But they want to do everything naked. So there's a lot of ugly naked happening, bending over, picking things up.
Speaker 2: They don't steal it like.
Speaker 1: That, well they don't.
Speaker 2: They find the human form to be beautiful.
Speaker 1: But it's funny that other people who view a new anytime they mention a newdist colony or group or whatever, people are just like, oh, like their brain automatically goes to the sexual it's an orgy or yeah, everybody's swinging, and it's just not the case. It's just not the case. And now they're ruined and now these the small group of bad actors are ruining it and trying to and trying to bastardize. And this has happened so many groups, right, and so many groups causes, whatever you want to call it, and they're bastardizing what it is even they.
Speaker 2: They're colonizing the newdiest colony.
Speaker 1: They're trying to define it into it and make it into something actually it's not, and then they fuck it up for everybody. And that pisces me off when people do that.
Speaker 2: I never want to be anudist, well I could never. You're very free with your body in front of me. This is CMI. But Dylan's very free with his body when he is home the blinds are down. He loves to be free. Okay, He's very comfortable around me with his body. I guess that's what happens when you're married or you're with your best friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Whatever. And I don't care if you want to sit and eat a fried baloney sandwich in your chair in the nude, go for it, right, I mean live and let live.
Speaker 1: Well, I usually don't sit naked. I like to walk around naked or late.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that.
Speaker 1: Because I'm sitting you know I don't want I don't need to.
Speaker 2: Know all that, okay, because I am the exact opposite. I don't want to be naked. I don't want to walk around the house naked. I don't want you to even just see me naked. And you're my husband, and it's not like you haven't seen me naked. But I'm not just gonna sit around. Yeah, just like, hey get an eye full of this.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 2: It makes me very uncomfortable to think about.
Speaker 1: I just want to cover up now. But being naked in front of anyone else has just mortifies me. Okay, recently went to the hospital, had a colonosca me a colon oscar whatever. They stuck some of a butt, Dylan, there's four.
Speaker 2: We all know what a colonoscopy is.
Speaker 1: There's four K video apparently, and I will try to stream that somewhere for you guys. And but just the thought I knew, because once you get in the gown, you know it's over. You get in the hospital gown and uh, you know, and you just know someone's gonna be looking at your I always think about this. They're gonna be looking at your butthole when you're.
Speaker 2: Having surgery and you are knocked out. You have no idea what the doctors, the nurses, the surgerical, you have no idea what they're doing. So you're just hoping and praying and crossing your fingers.
Speaker 1: They're professionals, right, and they're not making fun of you.
Speaker 2: Thought of being spread out on a table and people are like, wow, she has a huge bush, something like she I cannot imagine her wearing a thong with a bush light that I would be so embarrassed. Right, I'm not saying I have a massive bush.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 2: I mean I might, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Your bush is fine, Okay, you don't.
Speaker 2: Have them, Okay enough, I'm just saying or they're like, wow, look that butthole is misshapen. Yeah, look the butthole looks weird like that. That's the weirdest butthole I've ever seen. You know, why does that butthole have wings?
Speaker 1: You know, something like that for the week.
Speaker 2: And I know they see bodies all the time. Sorry to interrupt you, I know they see bodies all the time, and it's probably like no big deal, and they're they're very professional and the rest of us are probably just immature. But but you know they'd be looking at you sometimes and thinking stuff.
Speaker 1: I s grabbed my butthole so hard the whole week before, hoping.
Speaker 2: That that was you actually asked me if I would bleach it for you.
Speaker 1: Well, I was wondering to contemplate getting like a home bleaching kit and just getting you to get in there and take care of it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Get me ready for the camera. All right, So where are we at now? Are we going to wrap this thing up? Or top five? I think this is a top five all time up on Mountain Murders podcast this week. So glad we were able to do this. Thank you for sharing with me, and I was really happy to share back with you with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, it is an exchange. It's been an exchange of ideas. It has a conversation, if you will, yes, a conversation with my best friend, a delightful conversation.
Speaker 1: And the best listeners known in the true crime podcast.
Speaker 2: They've already stopped listening at this point. Do you have them at colon what'd you call it?
Speaker 1: Colonosum, It's like monopoly, It's colonoscopy, colonoscomy, colonoscay. Yeah, okay, and that colonoscopy, how do you say it?
Speaker 2: Colonosco?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, they colonoskied me. That's what happened. All right, you've been Dylan's. You've been Dylan's. So until next time, we will.
Speaker 2: Have part two of the Releasa Rudd case.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd be dropping that in.
Speaker 2: A couple of days.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed the first episode. It was just a god a lot going on in that story, a lot to make you mad.
Speaker 2: Bro. Update in that case, just for our listeners who might be interested, you are allowed to go to YouTube and look up the Steve Wilkos show. Steve was Jerry Springer's former bodyguard. If you watch Jerry, you got your Jerry beads. You know Steve.
Speaker 1: You saw Steve.
Speaker 2: He's a big, hulking man. Also another big, tall, drink of water, bald, shiny head, big dude security guy. Right. So, Steve, a former law enforcement professional you know, busted out on the scene with his own talk show. And we actually have clips of Shamika Young, her mother Melissa, and Antonio Wheeler duking it out on this show polygraphs mudslinging. It is quite a spectacle.
Speaker 1: I now told you I need to watch that entire episode.
Speaker 2: It's on the YouTube, so you can go check it out.
Speaker 1: All right, so you guys have some homework, go check that out. And we can't wait to bring you part two and we will see you again soon.
Speaker 2: And don't forget about Patreon if you want to know more about Betty Brodericks Made for TV movie.
Speaker 1: Bye Dylan, Bye,