Speaker 1: It's night time.
Speaker 2: I'm going Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Welcome back everybody. Thanks Al. We had a short week, well a regular week here on nights that Gary Tanguay was kind of to sit in for me Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I appreciate that Gary. On Thursday night last night, we talked about traveling to New Orleans for the Super Bowl and also if you're not keeping food safe at home. We also talked with a gentleman from the Kettering Foundation. Is America is American Democracy Working. Talked with former Wisconsin Governor Marty Schreiber about the burden of Alzheimer's he cared for his wife. He wrote a book called My tu Elanes. Josh Kraft, candidate from Mayor of Boston, was with us last night during the nine o'clock hour. We will replay that interview in its entirety during the Best of Nightside on Sunday night at eleven o'clock. That's when Best of Nightside runs. And we did a couple of hours last night about Donald Trump's I don't know his ruminations. I might call him his ruminations about what the US might be able to do to help with reconstruction in Gaza interesting. And then tonight we talked about a competitive video gaming event that's coming up in Boston with Robbie Uex, CEO of BLAST. Also talked with Mark Erickson about the Penguin Plunge up which supports financially in New Hampshire Special Olympics. Talk with Zeeba Graham, he wrote a book, Fixed Your Marriage Without Counseling, And with Anita Mitchell, the widow of the former wife of Apollo fourteen astronaut Edgar Mitchell, one of the dozen or so US astronauts who have actually set foot on the Moon. And then earlier this evening, as I think most of you know, we've just spent two hours talking about reinterviewed Bob Larson of ACI Weather about what's going to happen in terms of snow this weekend. Just to bring up the date, Bob said, it's going to start between eight and ten Tomorrow night, probably last about twelve hours, be done by eight to ten on Sunday morning. He predicts will be about four to eight inches in the greater Boston area, a little bit less in the south, a little bit more north of the city, and maybe even more up in New Hampshire, Vermont in Maine, and we talked with him, and then we took phone calls from people in both the nine and the ten o'clock hours about the memories of great snowstorms. So now we move to the twentieth hour. In the twentieth hour here on Nightside, we devote every week, even though I haven't worked twenty hours this week as the twentieth hour of Nightside. We celebrated our four thousandth show last night. Tonight is our four thousandth and first edition of Nightside. Don't know if we'll get to five thousand or not, but I thought four thousand is a pretty rounded number. We're getting up in Pete Rose and Ty Cobb territory of the Major League Baseball hit leaders, and carrying on the sports motif, we'll give you an opportunity to predict the winner and the score of Sunday Super Bowl game. I think everyone knows that Philadelphia Eagles are once again playing the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs going for a three peet. I think all of you have your favorites. I will tell you the way that it works is that you pick a winner and you pick a score in order to qualify for our prize, which will be of which is being made available very generously by our friends at College Hype, Jack Dougherty and Joe Foley and all the gang, Kathleen, all the gang at College Hype Great Company. They produce nightside gear. They also have what they call city gear. So if you live in Boston and you want to show some pride in your community, your section of Boston, whether it's Rosie or Hype Park, or South of or Charlestown or Roxbury, Mattapano, Dorchester or East Boston, Brighton, Allston, Reidville, whatever, they have all sorts of great gear over that is specific towards the communities, the twenty one or so communities that make up Boston, the city of Boston. And they also have a devoted page toide nightside gear dot com. Like the nightside sweatshirt, I'm wearing nice and warm and comfy here. Don't have to turn the heat up very much. Saves a little bit of money that way, t shirts, hats, coffee bunks, and we will give away a coffee monk to whoever comes closest to predicting the final score. Now one you have to have the winner so if you get the score up perfectly but you pick the wrong team, you're out. So we'll go through everybody who picks the winning team, and then we'll do it's a simple math equation. Let me give you an example. Let's assume that the final score is twenty to ten and you've picked the right team. So let's assume that I had picked twenty four to ten and you pick seventeen to ten. Well, we both got the ten the losing team correct, so no harm, no foul there. But I'm full points over your three points under. You win because you just take the total points you're off. I'm gonna give you my score just for the fun of it. Okay, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go upset, I'm gonna go Philly. This is gonna drive you nuts. I'm gonna go Philly thirty five Kansas City, twenty eight. Okay, that's my score. Can't Philly thirty five Kansas City twenty eight. Please don't mimic my score, because that's probably not right. We're just gonna go with Super Bowl scores. We'll take as many people as we can, and whoever comes closest we will announce the winner on Monday night. Okay, I'm not gonna ask Rob to take down all of your addresses because that would be just too too much for Rob to try to do. However, we will announce the winner on Monday night at nine oh five, and we might also do it in atal five. You want to listen if you think you're close, and then we will have you call Rob and give him address. Now we know most of many of our listeners. We're gonna know the score. Please, if you're not the real winner, don't play games with us. Okay, it's as simple as that. All right, we're gonna start it off here. We got to get our first prediction from my friend Joel and Natick. Joel, you are first this hour. Who is it going to be on Sunday? Give us a winner and a score?
Speaker 4: Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Gotta be Philadelphia. Okay, give me your best score.
Speaker 5: Twenty eight twenty four.
Speaker 3: That's a good football score, twenty eight twenty four. Well, Joel, I think you're going to be in the running as long as Philly wins. It's the simple as that. We eliminate whoever picks the wrong winner. You can hit the score perfectly, but you gotta get first, you gotta get the winning team. I guess we're on the same page one, Joel, So we'll see what happens. Okay, thank you my friend. Soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dan, congratulations on your fourth thousand show.
Speaker 3: Thanks my friend. That's that's very kind. It takes a while to do four thousand shows. I don't think I got another four thousand in me. But we'll see how far we go here. Okay, okay, thanks Joel, talk to you soon. Okay, thanks very much. Let of my close friends out in needing Joel. Let's go next too, a little further away, Dorothy down in Alabama, Dorothy, how are you tonight?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got here's the nice weather, but we had our Snowmageddon this year earlier.
Speaker 3: How many inches of snow did you get? It's at your snow Mageddon?
Speaker 6: Well it dorth Alabama, Arie for man, we got about six to seventh and the Gulf with the beach now on the beach and the golf we got six to eight inches down there, I probably on the beach.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. So let's let's give you a shot at winning the night side mug, Dorothy, who who's going to win the game? And give us a score. I don't as Oh Philadelphia, okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, IM say thirty one twenty.
Speaker 3: Eight pretty close. So you and I are pretty close. They are thirty one twenty eight. All three people, myself, you and Joel think it's going to be Philly and it's gonna be a high scoring game. We will see, you know, that would be fun if it's a high scoring game. I've looked at all of the ads, by the way, we may talk about those on Monday night. There's not any great ads. They They're all sort of running the mill ads this year. So if you're looking for great ads, I think it might be disappointed. Yeah, Dorothy, thanks so much. I know you listen to us down there a lot in Alabama, and I do appreciate it very much. I really do, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they should have an ad with a Bamma boys.
Speaker 5: They're playing for the goes. There's not four of them all there on the scene.
Speaker 3: There fours?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah. The Rogers labor get a watching the man.
Speaker 3: He's good there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And you know the tickets are fast parting at three thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Reseale, I saw that. That's ridiculous. I've had the good fortune of going to two Super Bowl games, paid the regular price for both of them. And back in the days that I went went to one game in Houston and I think it was Super Bowl number thirty eight maybe, and then went to one in Indianapolis, which was a few years later. Uh, And the ticket price is around four hundred and five hundred dollars, and it was like sort of one of those experiences, a bucket list experience. I know there are some people who still have gone to every Super Bowl game. This is number fifty nine, but there were three or four people who had been to every Super Bowl game going back to the to the Packers Kansas City Chiefs first Super Bowl game way back in the day. I think it was the Chiefs. I'm pretty sure it was Kansas City. I have to look that one up. I could be wrong. I know it was one. Green Bay was the first two they won, the first two of the old NFL, and you know NFL teams, they were playing the AFL teams back in the day in the sixties. Thanks Dorothy, appreciate your call. Let's keep in touch.
Speaker 5: Okay, good night, Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you so much. Take a quick break we'll just keep rolling here. The only line right now is six one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty eighth and as I said, it had filled up. Everybody wants a night side mug. You know, you can get a night side mug, but not all that expensive, and they ship really nicely and they are they are really solid munks. These are I don't know how they do these mugs as well as they do. It's a beautiful, beautiful blue. It's like a cobalt blue with white lettering. The only thing that's missing is my picture on the mug, but it's it's not now that that would spoil your breakfast. Back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan ray line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you've never heard yourself on the radio, and you'd like to hear yourself on the radio, or you can listen to any for prior hour of Nightside, just go to this weekend Nightside on demand dot com and you can listen to any hour, any hour at all. It's it's it's a fun way, it's it's the hour in about forty two minutes Nightside on demand dot Com. Let's keep rolling here. Who We're trying to figure out who's going to win this football game? Dan in San Francisco, Dan, welcome, How are you? You haven't called in a while?
Speaker 9: I know, I'm sorry, Dan. It seems like every time there's been a show I wanted to call in on. I was busy, and there were a couple of times when the lines were kind of full. But I'm really glad I was able to get through tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you did. Who's going to win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 9: My prediction is that Kansas City is going to win the Super Bowl. But it's going to be a close game, and it's it's gonna be I predict a low scoring game. I don't think it's going to be a shootout. And my numbers are Kansas City twenty six, Philadelphia twenty three. I think a field goal is going to decide it forty nine points total.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Button's a pretty good field goal kicker for Kansas City. So yeah, as they say again, the way it is going to go is as long as Kansas City wins, then we put all the Kansas City winning predictions and we figure out how many how you're off by how many on the winning side and how many on and the lowest one wins. So that's a pretty good pick. Everybody's picked some pretty good football scores. No one has come up with like three to nothing or something like that.
Speaker 9: Not this time, but thank you, and I'll we'll watch the game on Sunday and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keeping keep in touch, call more often. I've always enjoyed our conversations, and I thought I thought I might have lost year as a listener. We hear from David in camp. There's a couple of Davids in Kansas City and rather in San Francisco and Dan. So that's what I think about every time I get out there to San Francisco. I figured I should set up a lunch with all of us.
Speaker 9: But hey, I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind. That'd be a good thing. Next time you're hear, Okay.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dan, we'll talk soon.
Speaker 9: Have a good good Thank you Dan, Bye bye now.
Speaker 3: Welcome bye bye, let's keep going to go here to Alex and Millis. Alex, you did call back. Who's you're going to take your shot at predicting the game? And who knows, maybe maybe a knight, said mug what's Who's what's the score going to be?
Speaker 4: That would be nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I called you back on the man of my word.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 9: I would say the Eagles twenty seven twenty four.
Speaker 3: A lot of people thinking the Eagles right now, twenty seven twenty four. Okay, right, well I got you in and please listen, and if you think you're going to be close, we'll announce the winner on on Monday night, hopefully at the beginning of the show and probably you're also at nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks, do you think?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 11: Question you know a case of eggs?
Speaker 4: Do you think it would call?
Speaker 11: It will be equal to a h you know, uh, the admission to a Super Bowl ticket?
Speaker 10: Just kidding?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty yeah, it's getting up there, that's for sure. Thanks Alex.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, thanks all.
Speaker 3: I keep the day job. Alex talked to you later. Okay, good night. Where we're gonna next? Not a stand up comedian here, Let's go to Joe in Boston. Joe, you got a shot here, Joe.
Speaker 12: Go right ahead, good evening down, my brother, How are you now that I'm rocking or anything, but I'm a former camp A couple of years ago I was the one who had to score and I got my beautiful mug.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, if you win and you want something different than we could probably work it out. You go right ahead, Oh I can't my wife get okay, right to the matching the matching mugs at breakfast. I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh, by the way, congratulations on your four thousand show. I just heard earlier go yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what happens is you keep turning out about you know, eighteen nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty two shows a month, and after about I don't know how many months we've been doing here, We're we're up over, I know, two hundred months. They start to add up that you get to four.
Speaker 4: Thousand, a huge miles and then huge and I mean, I'm so proud of you, you know, and you do so good with your shows, which is amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, Joe, I appreciate it all right that.
Speaker 4: You stole my tongue, sir. I was going to do it tenty five twenty eight.
Speaker 12: However, I flip it now, okay, I'm gonna go forty two, forty two thirty eight, My homie, Le's go there, win it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're Kansas City okay, big high school game forty two, forty thirty eight. Okay, you got it. Okay, uh, we'll see what happens. Joe, all right, listen Monday night. You never know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hey, And by the way, to all the listeners south here. When I won, I did not listen for a while, and I actually got a call, you know, letting me know that I was the winner.
Speaker 3: So that well, that won't happen this time because you guys, no, but yeah, but this time it's gonna Oh you got to call maybe from a friend, because we we don't take phone numbers here, and you know, most many of the voices we know and we know go in the honor system. So that's the way it will work. Yeah, thanks Joe Tuxsonday night.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, my friend. I just keep rolling here. We got Chuck and Georgia. Chuck, you are next on nice go ahead, Chuck.
Speaker 13: How you doing, Dan, I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Great, great. Good to hear your voice.
Speaker 13: I will say the score will be Philadelphia twenty seven, case twenty one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Philly twenty seven twenty one. I got to try to make sure that nobody picks the exact same score, but so far we're okay.
Speaker 13: I haven't heard it yet, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's okay. So you you locked in a Philadelphia twenty seven twenty one. Is that much excitement in Georgia? I know that neither of the Falcons nor the Patriots are there this year.
Speaker 13: Everything down here is University of Georgia, then the Falcons, you know, so.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, I get it, I get it. You know the NFL is the number two down there. I know that that's for sure.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and I think go ahead, Dan, No, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Saying that that we remember that game where the Falcons were up twenty eight to three and then the Patriots had that miracle company.
Speaker 13: Yeah, tough with my brother when when he left up my house we were washing it now, he was so mad he left out. When he woke up the next day he found out the Patriots won, he was very upset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we'll we'll get you down twenty seven twenty one Philadelphia. Philadelphia is a popular choice. We'll have to see what happens to you.
Speaker 13: I think Casey has slid by a couple of games there, and I don't think they're playing their best ball. They haven't been all year and well.
Speaker 3: Treated them pretty well. So we'll we'll see if the if the reps continue, There's been some questionable calls. To put it.
Speaker 13: Last, I think I think the difference is going to be Jalen Hurts and his running ability. He's got six hundred and thirty yards to Patrick Mahomes three hundred and seven, so twice as many. I think he'll do some damage.
Speaker 3: They're both good quarterbacks though. They both they can throw, they could throw sure what they can throw long, and they can run. Simple as that, Joe, I'd rather chuck. Thanks so much for call and call more Roffen, will you thank you, buddy?
Speaker 13: Okay, thanks Dan, have a great night.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it rolling here and we you know, not having to wait long this night, that's for sure. Christine and detam. Christine, who are you thinking it might win the big game?
Speaker 7: Kansas thirty seven Eagle starty.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna go Kansas City thirty seven to thirty all right? That's a good football score. That's a good football score. Christine. Yeah, you know, I can't root for anybody, but they're my favorites, you know, So you're in that category, Christine. I hope you I think you got a good score there. Let's see what happens. Okay, Okay, thanks Christine.
Speaker 5: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stay warm, stay warm and stay out of the snow.
Speaker 7: If you can't snow.
Speaker 3: You got it eventually, as they say, if God put it there, let God put it away. He'll get rid of it at some point.
Speaker 7: Attempt it.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Thanks Christine. I appreciate that. All right, all right, I want to short change anyone. We got the eleven thirty news. The only line open right now, try to keep you up to date, and this is six one seven, nine three, ten thirty. That's the only one that's open. Everything else is full. There's one line six one seven nine ten thirty. Here's the news. At the bottom of the hour. We'll be back and we will finish out our Super Bowl predictions. Uh. And in play, this gives you a rooting interest in the game, okay. It doesn't cost anything to play, and you may win a nightside coffee mark. And it's a beautiful mug by the way. We should probably put a picture of it up, but I don't know how to do that. Okay, we'll be back right after the news.
Speaker 2: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on wa Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's keep rolling here. It is now about eleven thirty four. I'll make a promise. I will show the night side mug for those of you who watch. I'll be on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray. I'll of you know, the Facebook page, which I hope you'll follow and like and all of that. You can also follow and like us on Twitter or on Instagram. Pretty easy to find. But I will show you the night side mug at about ten oh two, right after the show tonight. I promise I'll show you the mug that you're shooting for. I mean, the Chiefs and the Aagles are shooting for the Super Bowl trophy. You're shooting for the trophy of a nightside mug equally important as far as I'm concerned. Who's it next? Let's go to Bernie in New Hampshire. Bernie in New Hampshire. You're not Bernie and Vermont, but it's Bernie in New Hampshire. Hi, Bernie, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing well? You solved, man.
Speaker 3: Couldn't be better, couldn't be better. Thank you so much. What's what's your prediction?
Speaker 8: My prediction is Philadelphia thirty one Kansas City twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, thirty one, twenty eight. Everybody's kind of going for a high scoring game here. That's kind of interesting. There's there's really nobody who's picked what you call a low scoring game. So makes sense. Absolutely makes sense, that's for sure. Hey, thank Bernie, thank you so much for joining us. Call any knight and maybe you win the mug you let us know.
Speaker 8: Okay, oh, thank you very much, and congratulation on your four thousand show. And yeah, this is gonna be the first Super Bowl without my son Frank. He's he's the unofficial night Side Why soldier and training down in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, I've talked.
Speaker 1: I've talked to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how's he doing.
Speaker 8: Oh, he's doing well. He's doing our rifle and marksmanship this.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 8: It's nice because my wife got the pitch and package and you get to see pictures of him and train and he know, he looks real. He's doing really well. He's talking for my wife every week.
Speaker 14: And we're so.
Speaker 3: Proud of Bernie. We are as well. Please say hi to him for all of us from Nightside. And I mean that honestly. I hope you. I'm so glad you reminded me. We had a great conversation with you, and uh, you know, just it was about four months ago when we talked.
Speaker 8: Right, No, No, it was like three weeks ago. Yeah, three weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I thought it was earlier than that point. I yeah, okay, Well keep calling the show and keep us updated on his situation, you know, because he's going to be gott to be a great young man to do and what he's to do, what he's doing. Thank you, Bernie. You should be very thank you night, Thank you, all right, Thanks, he'll watch the game. I'm sure he'll see the game, Doctor Sue. Thanks much, but I just keep rolling. You're going to go to a gym in Kansas City. Well, I'm assuming I know who Jim's going to pick here. Jim, how are you?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 1: I'm happy?
Speaker 11: Thanks you.
Speaker 3: Who's it going to be?
Speaker 11: Congratulations on your four hundred four thousand show. Well it's I've kind of choked up when I was having to wait because he only want each person can only have only one score, can be picked by each person. So I'm glad I got in, and I want to say, before anybody else gets in front of me, I'm saying thirty one twenty eight in favor of Kansas City.
Speaker 3: All right, Bernie just went the other way. He went thirty one twenty eight Philly. So again, that's fine, that's a good football.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 11: When he said Philly instead of Kansas City. I breathe a sigh of relief because so anyway, okay, well I got it in. That's that's the main thing.
Speaker 3: Now you got it in and you got that shore anybody else.
Speaker 11: I don't care whether I win or lose. I just care whether I got my score in there.
Speaker 3: That you got you got it, and we're going to try to keep people away from a duplicate score. At the same time, it's possible if there if when we do the math, it works out that two people are tied and how many you know points there are will make we'll make two mugs available, so don't worry about that. But if you if you know how to jump on board to uh night side with Dan Ray on Facebook, we'll show you the mug. Uh. It's a beautiful looking mug, that's for sure.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, Tim, Thanks Jim.
Speaker 3: Talk to you soon. Good night. Who's up next. Let's keep rolling. You're going to go to Sean in Beverly. Lots of different people joining us tonight. I wonder why Hi, Sean, welcome.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan you tonight.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'm doing great. You know this gives everybody a little bit of an rooting interest in the game tomorrow. You know, you just it's it's tough to watch the game, and a lot of people are betting money, and I'm not a big better so I can kind of stay away from that. But it's nice to have a little rooting interest just by going publicly. Even I put a score up. If I win, I'll pass the mug on to this, to the to the runner up. I have my own mugs. So what's the score going to be, Sean.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with Philly.
Speaker 5: Thirty four twenty four Philly.
Speaker 3: I'm just giving a quick look here and making sure that now, yeah, nobody else says that one thirty four to twenty four. Wow, that would be That would be quite a game. I think it's gonna be a good game. There's been some Super Bowls that haven't lived up to their expectations. I'm hoping this one will. I think they're two very competent teams. Sean, appreciate your Carl thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Good luck, Thank you, and what I take care?
Speaker 3: All right? Keep rolling here? Who we got next? We got Glenn and Brighton. Glenn welcome. How are you tonight, sir?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 1: I hate show, but I can't do anything about it. So hey, you.
Speaker 3: Know, okay, well, let's talk football.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna win on Sunday?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 1: Because I hate Taylor Swift, I'm rooting for the Eagles thirty four seven.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a good that's a good football score. I got a pretty good you' the Philadelphia thirty four to twenty seven. I picked Philadelphia thirty five twenty eight. So we're pretty close here.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I got good people, good people here who are coming up with good numbers. I like that. I like that, Glenn, I really do. All right, man, good luck. I hope I hope you're you're right there at the finish line.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, me too, Thanks?
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks, I talk soon. All right, we're gonna get a lot of people in this are We're gonna we'll have someone who's gonna pick this score on the money. Tim and Winter. Tim's a pretty good sports fan. Tim, you were next to a nice Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I just game with a flu. Dan, it's brutal, and I don't just watch out for this cold.
Speaker 3: I had it. I had it over Christmas time.
Speaker 14: It's like it's two weeks long, Dan, almost ten days.
Speaker 3: No kidding, it's it was. That's a respiratory in your head and lungs.
Speaker 14: No, I didn't have the This one doesn't have the lungs. It just has a head that has a head and the and the shakes and the chills. But a goal comes and goes. But I didn't get my flu shot because of other medical situations I can't do. But that's okay. I know no where to go for next two week and a half, So that's okay. Okay, here's the score. Kansas City's offense is not that potent, and the Eagles offense is good, but the defense is real good and Kansas City defense is both good. So I say twenty seven to seventeen Eagles.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me get let me get this down here.
Speaker 14: That's gonna be right in the money. I'm telling you, twenty seven to seventeen. These people got too many points because Kansas City can't doesn't have the offense to do that. Tyreek Hill, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tyreek is gone.
Speaker 14: He's with the he's a baby. Him and Butler are babies in Miami. And guy's making so much money. He ridiculous. So I don't know, but all right, I gotta I gotta have some soup now and just try to get this out of me. And it's been in tough on and off. You had it, you know what I mean, get the fever that comes back, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't have the fever.
Speaker 14: I had no you go ahead from upper.
Speaker 3: Respiratory what they called in the military. You are I uh and actually got a chest X ray to make sure I didn't have anything more serious like pneumonia. But it was like it was a cough that it got me. I actually was sick for the first time in a long time. I have to go back and check and see when I was last sick.
Speaker 1: But it's yeah, I didn't have that.
Speaker 14: It bypasses the lungs with this one, and it goes to the forehead, to the the chills and the fever.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I you know, Okay, as much as I'm interested.
Speaker 14: In Philadelphia, we got you twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you to him, appreciate your call. All right, all of a sudden, for the first time, I got an open line. So you can go at either one six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty get a late score in. That's the only line that's open right now. Who are we going to talk to next? Let me see if we got I Lean is in Cambridge. I Lean, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 10: I'm pretty good? Thanks?
Speaker 1: How are you doing great?
Speaker 3: That cataract surgery worked pretty well for you?
Speaker 1: It sounds like it did.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm I can't believe how much better I see with those cataracts out.
Speaker 3: How about that? So who's going to win the game tomorrow on Sunday?
Speaker 10: Well, I'll say Kansas City, okay, and I guess I don't know. I'll say they'll score thirty in Philadelphia, twenty one.
Speaker 3: That's not bad. That's a good football score. I could see three touchdowns for Philadelphia and Kansas City has three touchdowns and three field goals. That's how that would work.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, yep, good.
Speaker 3: To hear your voice. Thanks, thanks, thank you, okay, ye bye okay uh again, As they said, I will have the night side monk for all to see. Beautiful blue cobalt sharp looking mug uh, heavy, heavy duty, trust me, it's it's great quality of the people at College Hype. If you're interested to just check out college hype dot com or go to citygear dot com. Uh, if you live in the city and you want to get something from your home community, or if you want to get night side gear, nightside sweatshirts, hooded sweatshirts, t shirts, hats, mugs, they got it all. Let's get one more in here before the break and we're going to go to Laurie and Idaho. Laurie, welcome back. How are you? But okay, Yeah, I'll tell you we're gonna get it tomorrow. You guys sent it our way. Thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: But we have a nice day to day, so you might have a little rusted on the other side of it. But then it's gonna snow again next week.
Speaker 3: So yeah, here it here, it's your time. We can do it. I'm gonna say, who's you, Who's you, Who's gonna win the game?
Speaker 5: I'm hoping. I'm hoping for Philadelphia, And I know it's a high score, but I'm gonna just reverse the scores from when they met. The last time they met in the Super Bowl was a couple of years ago. So I'm gonna say Philadelphia thirty eight and Kansas City thirty five, even though that's high. I'm just doing it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I have I had a pretty similar there. I had Philadelphia thirty five Kansas City twenty eight. I don't think any I don't think anyone else has that precise score. So that's good. I'm trying to trying to avoid having two of you pick the score exactly.
Speaker 5: I would be I don't blame You're kind of hard to drink out a split mug.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no. We would make Jack Daugherty in the Gang of College Hype. They would Kathleen Hickey and Joe Foley. They would make sure that we got two mugs, that's for sure. Have a great weekend, enjoyed whatever weather nice weather you have out there, and pray for us hit back here at New England.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, it sounds like it's going to be kind of big. The whole state is under a warning. Holy cow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be big for sure. I will be told nightside listeners with a glass of wine during the game, trust me on that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh right, thanks, thanks Laurie. Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, I got to take a quick break. It's eleven forty six. If you're on the line, Mary and Peggy, Nick and in, you're all set. Uh. If you're not, there's one line open six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. I'll try to quench everybody in between now and midnight. As I told you, i'd get you all the way to Saturday morning, almost coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's keep rolling. I'm going to get everybody, and it's not gonna be easy, so bear with me. Let me start it off. Peggy in South Boston. Peggy, who's gonna win? And what will the score be?
Speaker 15: Are you talking to me?
Speaker 14: Damn?
Speaker 3: I hope so I know this is Peggy. Go right ahead, Peggy.
Speaker 15: Oh well, I don't feel good after after Christmas. I couldn't get my breath a walk. I've been on oxygen one months, and I'll tell you my birthdays in two weeks.
Speaker 7: I'll be eighty eight.
Speaker 3: And you'll be You'll be fine, don't worry.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh my god, I never felt so sick and all I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that. Let me talk a little football. Let's get positive. Who's going to win the game, and what's the score going to be?
Speaker 15: Well, I think Kansas City by three points.
Speaker 3: Give me a story, give Peggy and twenty one for the other me a score, please, Peggy, what will the score be?
Speaker 15: Twenty four, twenty and twenty four and twenty one to the other team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Eagles. Best of luck. Hopefully you'll we'll bring you home a winter and I hope you begin to feel better. Okay, spring too. Yeah? Oh, thank you, Dan, Thanks Peggy, be well, be well, Thank you, Peggy. Talk to you soon. Good night. Okay, we got three up on the board. Let's see if we can get them all in. I think we can. Let me go to Nick in Winchester. Nick, welcome next on nights. I go ahead, Nick.
Speaker 4: How you doing Dan?
Speaker 3: Good jea. For a while there, I was afraid you weren't there, Nick, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: No, I'm here all right.
Speaker 8: Kansas City forty one, he goles twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, big ten, big, that's the big biggest Kansas City score. Forty one twenty seven, right, is that what you said?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Forty one. That's a good football score, though, Nick, that really is a good football score. I like that. You know, Hey, we'll see I wish you guys to luck on that one. Thanks Nick, appreciate you call. Forty one twenty seven all right, thanks man, talk to you.
Speaker 1: Soon, all right, Helka YouTube.
Speaker 3: Next up, Mary Ann in Bridgewater. Marianne got time for you and a few more. Go right ahead, Maryanne.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan first, Happy birthday, Peggy in advance and hope you feel better. And my score, I believe is gonna be twenty eight twenty.
Speaker 3: Four the Eagles Philadelphia. Okay, let me, I just I'm trying to make sure we don't have okay, twenty.
Speaker 7: Eight what twenty eight twenty four?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me ask you. There's already someone who's taken twenty eight twenty four, can you right?
Speaker 7: So then why don't we do? Hold on one second? Because I was doing the mask because they were the Eagles remind me of the Patriots a little bit. You're a little tenacious, and I don't want to see Kansas City win.
Speaker 5: So I'm pulling at old score that they played where they won. Why don't we do?
Speaker 7: Did anybody pick thirty four to twenty eight by that Eagles?
Speaker 3: Hope I think you're okay at thirty four to twenty eight. You're very close to me. I picked thirty five to twenty eight, but that's okay. I'm giving you thirty four to twenty eight right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, thanks a lot, Jan.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Thanks, Maryanne. I appreciate your CALLI all right, let me keep rolling. He're gonna go to Diane and Addleborough. Hi, Diane, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 6: I'll go Eagles twenty four, Kansas City twenty all.
Speaker 3: Right, so let me get we get Philadelphia twenty four to twenty. I just want to make sure we've We've got a lot of numbers on the board here. Just want to make sure I don't want to have anybody with the identical score. You got it? Twenty four? Okay, Yeah, sounds sounds great. Thank you, Diane. Appreciate your calling.
Speaker 6: Okay, good night, Thank good night.
Speaker 3: All right. Michael and Lexington. Michael, you were next to Nice.
Speaker 14: I go ahead, Michael, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 8: I'm com lucky.
Speaker 11: We're in Pennsylvania on our way to Dallas.
Speaker 4: So my wife it's so excited we can pick you up.
Speaker 3: So you're really so you're driving in Pennsylvania on your way to Dallas. That's a two what a two or three day trip?
Speaker 9: I hope, Yeah, yeah it is, so I hope I'm going to be there by Sunday.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, you watch the game, and you watch the game in Dallas. Okay, So who's your choice here.
Speaker 4: Michael, Philadelphia got to take it this year?
Speaker 9: Thirty six Kansas City thirty four.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good one. That's a good score. Nobody, nobody has that, thirty six thirty four. And again, the way we're going to work this is we will the winning pool will be decided, will be decided if you got to at least pick the winning team. So we've got half and half. I think it's pretty closely split here between Philadelphia Kansas City. And then we basically say, okay, you pick the winning team. How many numbers, how many points are you off in terms of the winner, how many points you offer to loser, doesn't matter either above or below, and we add up those off points, and whoever has the fewest points off the score, they're the winner. So you're from Lexington, but you're in Pennsylvania and the signal is good. That's great to hear.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, here's my wife to do that.
Speaker 7: Hi, damn love your Hi, Susan, how are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Oh damn it. Well, now better that I've heard your voice because I love Massachusetts. Not that I don't like Texas, but home and Massachusetts, and I don't get to listen to you in Texas, so it's just not the same. Well, so now I'm in Pennsylvania and I'm so excited I could hear your voice, so I feel like I'm back home, and I need to change it in Texas so we can get you down there.
Speaker 3: Well, it's real simple. Here's how you do that. Let me tell you. All you have to do is on the internet. Just either download the iHeart app or just on the internet. Put in WBZ Boston and we're all on the internet. I have listeners all over the world.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, thank you, Dan. We'll do that.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 4: You can do it.
Speaker 3: You can do it on your computer. You can do it on your computer, do it on your tablet, whatever. So please have a safe trip. How long are you guys? Don't drive too late tonight, find a nice place to stay.
Speaker 16: Okay, yes we will, and now we can be at more at peace in Dallas. Now, that we can hear you from there.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 3: Sounds great, all right, I really appreciate Say hi to Michael Forrest and you both say stay safe. Thank you so much. That's a great call to end the week, everybody, that is for sure. So I will be on Facebook in about two minutes. Just go to Nightside with Dan Ray. By the way, when you get there, send me a text and we'll give you a shout out. And I am holding in my hand a nightside mug and we'll show it to you live on Nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook. And I hope all of you have a fabulous weekend. Rob Brooks, thank you very much. Maria, thank you very much. I'll lend us always. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's what my pell. Charlie Ray is who passed fifteen years ago this very month in February. That's where your pets are who passed. They love you and you love them, and I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night. Well, we'll see again on Monday night or nightside. I'm here all next week, five nights. You can't get rid of me next week. Thanks everybody. Have a great weekend, Stay warm and stay dry and don't shovel. Coming back on Monday night. Thanks everyone,