Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AIX on demand. Joe, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Pardon hi, Joe, how can I help you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, Hi?
Speaker 4: How are you? Lord?
Speaker 1: I am well limited off the radio.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Lord, I'm in Talusden.
Speaker 5: I just have a quick question.
Speaker 3: I wish I could coin it because I've never heard anybody.
Speaker 5: Ask this question.
Speaker 3: But it is very very important.
Speaker 5: You are you know, you say that the Father God, he's our father. He loves us, respects us, he teaches us, he guides us all of these things, which I agree. Adam was God's father. I mean, Adam was God's son.
Speaker 3: He was also God's daughter. Why didn't he tell Adam, hey, I'm going to put you in a fire that's going to burn you forever and ever and ever. You're going to be burning for six thousand years or more if you leave from that. If this were baby, why didn't God tell him that? After that, he that tell us about the tame commandments, Hope, he sent prompts to pizza, hope until other stuff.
Speaker 5: That he forget to tell Shassan Adam to you know, to not eat.
Speaker 3: From the what the consequences would be he ate from the tree.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they would.
Speaker 6: There seems to be a phone problem, So I'm gonna let you listen to the answer off the air. He Mos certainly did. Everybody wants it to be a certain type of language or a certain set of words, but most most definitely Chapter three Genesis. Chapter three says, now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, Indeed, as God said, you shall not eat from any tree of the garden. And the woman said to the serpent, from the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat. But from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden. God has said, you shall not eat from it or touch it, lest you die. And the serpent said to a woman, you surely shall not die, for God knows that in that day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.
Speaker 1: So really God did.
Speaker 6: Now, maybe not in the same way, in the same source a sense that you would like, but there was enough information. As a matter of fact, it was equal information to what had been given by the serpent. It was enough information to fend off from the serpent. But it was an issue of will and desire, and that issue of will and desire superseded any admonition, and the woman and man ended up doing what they wanted to do. So if you're and your description of hell was a little off, but just for the sake of the main question, I will tell you that enough was given. And it seems you know, you don't break down the You know, on a molecular level, what takes place. When a child puts their hands over the stove. You just let them know that they'll be burned. You know, don't do that, You'll hurt yourself. That happens a lot too. The admonition is being such that the adult should be the authority in the life of the child in such a way that the child knows that by the mere speaking of it from the adult that it is worthy to be heard. Likewise, the mere speaking of an admonition by God, it doesn't have to go into depth or detail that it should be followed, just on that it was about obedience to God. It's not if God would have described everything that would take place during the separation of God and in Hell, that they would have gone Okay, well, wow, that consequence seems a little more. They're disobeying God by that very act. They know that it will separate them from God, and they still did it because something else looked a little more yummy at the time, something else looked a little more intriguing.
Speaker 1: They had plenty.
Speaker 6: There was no need to eat from this. It's not like they were hungry or starving for anything. That had everything they wanted in context. And this was merely a point of outright rebellion, and that's different. You can't rebellion is an act of rebellion. Rebellion is not an act weighing options and saying I wonderfray. It's just going the other way. And that's what's being described in Genesis. And nothing was going to change that. It wasn't a matter of oh, you didn't tell me, you know, that's the equivalent of doing something bad in stealing something and then saying you didn't tell me.
Speaker 1: You had video cameras and that's why I'm caught.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: It's not about that. Know, you weren't supposed to be doing it.
Speaker 6: You had enough information to know you shouldn't be doing it, and they did it anyways, that's an act of rebellion, completely different than just, you know, some.
Speaker 1: Point of ignorance. Marshall. Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Hey, hi Marshall. How can I help you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, in we were on, it's a whole nonsensical. I don't know. It makes no logical sense for there to be a supreme being. Okay, single creation, and I think it would be a lot easier to go through life with a knowing of something of that nature.
Speaker 1: But sure you could see how people would create it even if it didn't exist.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, you could.
Speaker 1: See how someone would create it even if it didn't exist.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I hadn't thought about that, but yes, that that would make That would kind of follow my argument. I've done some research, taking many classes in religion, and the the values are wonderful and the principles are sound.
Speaker 6: Well, where where would you get Where would someone like yourself get get values and principles?
Speaker 4: Well, but I assumed starting with my parents and.
Speaker 1: Where'd they get them?
Speaker 4: But I would assume it went back further.
Speaker 6: Did you ever study something in your in your studies, did you ever study something called an infinite regression?
Speaker 4: Uh? Somehow that does not ring.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a matter think about a chain link, a link of chains, and if you have to keep adding a link to that chain, it doesn't really answer the question.
Speaker 1: It just adds another question to it.
Speaker 6: Right, So in this case, uh, you have to keep adding to it by saying, well, I learned them from my parents.
Speaker 1: They learned them from their parents.
Speaker 6: Well, somehow, either whether you believe in creationism, which you don't, or evolution, those are the two major models. So somewhere along the line there had to be a beginning of these morals or ethics or principles. And I'm wondering where you think they came from.
Speaker 4: I think they came from necessity at the in the very early days of man trying to survive day in and day out. I think that it was a survival issue more so than a divine intervention.
Speaker 6: Or survival of who because I can't but couldn't the strongest species still invoke their own morals.
Speaker 4: Well on the less strong, well, I think that the animal kingdom does pretty good job of of having fairly fairly they're fairly moral.
Speaker 6: Well, no they're not. They're instinctual. There's a difference. They don't they don't. They do things based on strictly on survival and it has nothing to do with what they believe to be right or wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay I didn't. I wasn't saying they're sentient. I'm saying that the the instincts that of survival that it. Looking at the animal kingdom, they seem to be fairly moral choices. Be them instinctual.
Speaker 1: They eat, They eat their young, They eat one another.
Speaker 4: For a reason. Yeah, they don't do it just haphazardly. They eat they're young when the young aren't healthy enough to survive, or shouldn't be there, or there's too many. Okay, they don't do it just for fun.
Speaker 6: Well, no, because there is no such thing as fun. They don't have fun either.
Speaker 1: Yes, none of none of that takes takes the word choice.
Speaker 6: No, I understand what you're saying. I just I just want to make sure that that it's clear to everyone else. We're just up against the break, Marshall. But I'd love to talk.
Speaker 1: To you more. Can you hang on?
Speaker 4: I can if you'd like it.
Speaker 6: No, please, please please. Marshall was kind enough to hang on with us as we discuss the concept of God at all, the necessity of a god, the not the non necessity of a god talking about morals and ethics and the like. The animal kingdom does not have them. They're instinctual by nature. Why do you suppose that humans are not as instinctual as their sentience?
Speaker 1: That's it? Huh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And where do you think that comes from?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I mean, I you know, I just think we have a better communication system than the rest of the animal kingdom. It was inevitable. There'll be people who things in much more able to communicate and do things better than we will after we're gone. I mean, you know, we're just a little spec on that. On this planet, we're really not much at all.
Speaker 1: Sure, Why do you think a.
Speaker 4: Thousand years, I mean five thousand, maybe seven thousand years, we've been doing more than living instincts, you know.
Speaker 6: Sure? And why do you think that? Why do you think God is a myth? Why do you think the evolutionary model seems so intriguing to you or so sound?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess from the from the face it would be just the rationality of it.
Speaker 6: You know, it's wait a second, Marshall, you find it to be more rational that something came from nothing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it didn't come from nothing. It came from me. And if we want, you're talking about the entire I guess universe being created. All you're saying, yes, I have a problem with that as well. Yeah to say that the ban but I got a problem with that too.
Speaker 6: So that's but in science, Marshall, they did the the theme is always the cause is always greater than the effect. In the case of evolution, that gets thrown out the window. The effect is greater than the cause.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, I'm not basing this purely on science. I'm just you know, I'm not a scientist.
Speaker 1: Oh everyone everyone's a science.
Speaker 4: That that's explained as well. So you know there's a but but let's think you were mentioning that you know there are actually two paths to heaven.
Speaker 6: Well not really, it was I was trying to focus. I was trying to make people see that there was truly only one path.
Speaker 4: But that there's I agree, and I understand that I'm merely saying that what kind of god that would father would need your blind fates, that needs that worship, just because you know, if you're doing the best you can, but you know, obviously you can't live to the standards that are set to get in alone. What turns God? What turn of being needs that adulation from its subjects.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the confusion. That's anthropomorphism. You are really trying to apply very human attribute. You're saying if a human sat on that chair and one of those things, that would be wrong. My argument would be that a human doesn't. So once again as this clock, this clock is a little bit of a pest. But I do want you to hold on, Marshall, So hang tight, because I think that you're bringing up very valid questions and I don't want to rush you off.
Speaker 1: So hang tight.
Speaker 6: Talking with Marshall, who's been kind to hang with us over the breaks as he wrestles with the concept of faith. Now, the thing you said at the very end, there is blind faith. There's no such thing as blind faith. As a matter of fact, if anybody has to apply blind faith, it's you, as an evolutionist you have to look at That's why they talk about things like the missing link. The fact is you're filling in those blanks with faith, and you're filling in the billions of years with faith because there's no way to really test that or to recreate what they refer to in science as a past singular event. So forensically you do the best you can to put pieces together. But there is no transitional fossils truly to show the as Darwin believed there would be. He said, one hundred years from now, we'll have, you know, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of these fossils that will fill in these blanks. And there are no such thing, which is why certain discoveries get big news because people think they are and then they prove not to be.
Speaker 4: I don't need the fossils that you see it every day.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait for God.
Speaker 4: You started that process, you said that you don't need the evidence and got the whole thing rolling.
Speaker 1: Is Marshall, you do not.
Speaker 4: See whether they found those fossils. I don't see that as fate, Marshall.
Speaker 6: It is faith. And you do not see evolution. You see to adaptation. There's a difference. You cannot see evolution.
Speaker 4: I'll give you that.
Speaker 6: You see adaptation, and a lot of people confuse it because a lot of people don't understand the difference between general and special evolution, and they and they kind of think, well, it just sort of happened. But you take on faith you said you didn't need the proof. You see it now, I would say you can also see the hand of creation. Do you know what a topiary is.
Speaker 4: Marshall, a topiary, It's a plant.
Speaker 6: It's a shaped plant, right, yeah, Well you go to Disneyland and in front of in front of it's a small world, they have them shaped like dinosaurs and elephants and all this. Right, when you look at that, you know that it's an organic thing. It's a plant, But you know it didn't grow that way that someone with intelligence and design reached in and designed it to look like an.
Speaker 1: Elephant or a giraffe or what have you.
Speaker 6: There are many of those things throughout life that you could stare at that. I would argue to you that if you looked at them, they scream design.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 6: There is the complexity of man, the differences between the species, Yet the similarities speak more of a common creator or an artist than they do. Like if you saw three picassos, you'd say, yes, those are similar. I don't believe one evolved from the other. I believe on they all had the same creator.
Speaker 5: And the breaststrokes we were.
Speaker 4: In tid together in ways that it would be from the same artist, not a progression.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, it wouldn't be.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't say if I put this one painting in a room for a billion years, it'd become two paintings. As a matter of fact, biologically, there's a lot of problems scientifically with the model of evolution. Scientifically, biologically it is simpler for a cell to divide to multiply. The concept of love and motion and male female does not make sense in the evolutionary model. There is no reason why you have to have a mom and a dad.
Speaker 1: There's nothing.
Speaker 4: Ye, yes, sir, I'm not even that's really I'm not a specifically a strict evolutionist that I do believe that, but that's not I don't know something that's I'm concerned with as much as the leap of faith and something that I can't grasp as that that has any It just seems so bizarre. Wow, what does concept.
Speaker 6: Of that something came from something that that a creator created? That that seems bizarre when everything you see in this world that is created comes from a creator. Everything that is not a bizarre concept. As a matter of fact, everything that you've said, everything in the universe, Marsia, everything has to point outside itself to explain its existence everything. So why would it be so far a leap to say that the entire universe has to point outside itself to explain its existence, because.
Speaker 4: Why does I can't understand why they create a tour needs the acknowledgment.
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 6: Okay, excellent, You've brought us, you brought us back to the to the emotional question. But but this whole time you've you've seated it as if it was an intellectual problem, and it's not. This is an emotional problem for.
Speaker 4: Used individual who's intellectually diverse. And uh, and I'm very emotional and spiritual.
Speaker 1: Marshall, you are anything I'm not.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not some kind of scientist.
Speaker 1: There, No, you are. You are anything but confused, my friend.
Speaker 6: I love I love having you on because of the way you think there's I think you're going down a path that a lot of people do. But the the thing, it's not as bizarre as you think. What happens is people hear stuff or they misplace parts of the story and it seems odd. I'll give you that, but imagine it this way.
Speaker 1: Uh. Did you have a good relationship with your father?
Speaker 4: Yes? Did you tell my stepfather. Yes, okay, okay?
Speaker 1: And what did you call your stepfather? Did you call him father?
Speaker 4: I call him dad later on in okay?
Speaker 1: And why did you call him dad? Was that a sign of affection or reverence for his position in the family?
Speaker 4: That was respect? I don't know. I'm I was raised Southern. You know I respect my elders, and I respected him.
Speaker 1: As a human good for you, and that's a that's a good place to be. Now, what was he better than you?
Speaker 4: No? I don't I don't think so.
Speaker 1: You were respecting the position, right, Uh?
Speaker 4: He was. He was better at me at the time because he had been through more and conquered more.
Speaker 6: And and I don't know, well said you were respecting that his life experience and and who he was in your life. And if the president of the United States, whether you agree or disagree with the politics of any given president, you'd still resent respect the position, and and you would know that anything you did what's going on, I understand, but if you will, But my point being, Marshall, the most important part that I want to give to you is that you would would treat him differently than someone else because of that position. And and it's and when a judge walks in the room at a hearing pep, everyone stands up and they have to stand up, Okay, but now they and then they sit down.
Speaker 1: That is because of the position. Now, when God walks into a.
Speaker 6: Room, everything that you see, every everything you've ever tasted, every smell, every sense, every experience you've ever had, has come at the hand of His creation and all. And he asks not out of some sort of egotistical desire, but out of pure justice, that you respond accordingly.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 6: You have to respect gravity the same way everything. There are certain things that just are by the very nature of what they are, and if you don't respect them, you will die by them. If you don't respect gravity, if you don't respect fire, if you don't respect a loaded weapon. If you don't respect these things, they will kill you by the very nature of what they are and their power.
Speaker 1: Yes, God only asks for the respect that is justly should be justly given to him. That's it.
Speaker 4: And I under and I believe that if this is the case, I agree with that statement. But I don't except for the complexity of life in general, I've seen no proof the Bible and things were written after generations of storytelling before it was all written down.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're talking.
Speaker 4: Some of the earth impossible.
Speaker 1: No, some of the.
Speaker 6: Earliest writings, Marshall, are within seventy years of the happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That's seventy years. Can you imagine? Yes, Okay, the changes happened to a story in seventy years when.
Speaker 1: It's written down, insane. No no, no, when it's written down, no changes. That's what the written.
Speaker 4: In seventy years after it happened.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, you're talking about the earliest writings that have been discovered.
Speaker 1: There's a difference.
Speaker 6: Do you know why the like the oldest man always jumps around and they say, oh, that life must have come from here, because this is the oldest bones we found. Well, that's because they find older bones. They find older bones. They say, no, now it's over here. That's that you can't ever say, well, this is the only when. When the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in the late forties, the discovery was such a big deal because of the fact that when they went through them, primarily you had the entire Book of Isaiah. Nothing had changed, nothing had changed, And this is the point you're talking about you wanted something to blow your mind, Marshal, Just the New Testament alone, twenty five thousand, whole and parts of the manuscripts. When you're talking about Homer's Iliad, you're talking about four hundred copies. When you're talking about Caesar's Gaelic Wars, you're talking about ten copies. These are twenty five thousand copies. There is no other work like this. There is no other way that you can look at these works of antiquity, which is why the Bible itself is the number one book of archaeologists on Diggs because of the fact that it is, it has been reliable. There is years ago, Marshall, they would mock the hit Tite nation in scripture because no one had discovered anything, and they said that it was a made up nation of people in scripture until archaeologic archaeological finds discovered that it was real people with a real language and a real place. So that's how science works, they continued. It doesn't exist until it exists, and scripture doesn't go back and forth. It's not just a game of telephone, because this game of telephone is a game of telephone recordings that you can look back on and look back on and look back on, and they haven't changed at all. Unfortunately, Marshall, we're up against the clock again, my friend. But I ask you please think about what we talked about and call again and love the way you think. You seem very honest about it all. I just think that the arguments that you've heard are the things that you've consumed really aren't legitimate at all. There's a difference between good sound reasoning and reasons that sound good. And I think people have filled you with reasons that sound good. But there's more to it than that. And seventy years, if that's the oldest one that's ever found, is still not far. Still not far. There are people walking this earth that shook hands with Hitler. To have that opportunity to get that from first person accounts is not that far. You're getting confused because there's TV now and there's computers and all these distractions. Back then, there wasn't. It was the written word that was the definitive place to go. Therefore it made it more important. Therefore every jot, every tittle, every line was more important than anybody writing now think, especially because it's temporal, you put up a tweet, you put up a blog.
Speaker 1: Maybe there may not be there. Whatever, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: This was different. It was different. They knew it was different as they wrote it. They had reverence and respect for the written word, and they passed it along that way. That's what gave it its power. It wasn't a game of telephone. It hasn't changed. You know what has changed the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution changes all the time. Every five years, a group of scientists get together every five years try and figure out what the definition is because it changes. Darwinism does not exist today, not in the same way, in the same sense as Darwin wrote about it in the forties. It changed, it continues to change, but this has remained the same. Christine, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 2: Hi Jesus, thank you for taking my.
Speaker 1: Call, my pleasure. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, listen for me. It's a question of does God speak to me in other ways other than through prayer? And I'll sell it. Why this is the question. Okay, I'm religious, I'm Catholic. Yes, I have not forgotten about God, but I have put him aside. Am I upset? Am I matter. No, it's too many negative things going on in life, in my life that I maybe just just begin to say, well, maybe he's forgotten about me right now. And I'll tell you what prompted me to call. I've never called before and was a dream where I fought demon the entire time and for me, which is rare, I don't do this.
Speaker 3: It is it just that.
Speaker 2: I have put him on the side, and I can't stop thinking is he punishing me for not entirely putting him first in my life? I guess that's how I can best explain.
Speaker 6: Well, it's more like this, Christine, and I'm and I understand that it can make you upset, But it's more like this. If you're going to go for a run and you don't want to take your running shoes, and you take your flip flops and you go running and you sprain your ankle and rocks get in underneath the flip flops and you tear your feet up and you get fatigued. Does that mean that the running shoes are trying to punish you? Or does that mean that you aren't doing things correctly and therefore you're facing the consequences.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not doing it right.
Speaker 1: That's all. It's God hasn't gone anywhere.
Speaker 6: God's exactly where you left him, and God wants to spend more time with you, and you're not. You put down the directions, you put down the instructions on how to do things and said, well, I'll do it from memory for a while, and then you so slowly start to forget and you're not doing anything to rejuvenate that or help you. You're not praying or getting in God's word or spending time with his people and doing those things, and slowly you get away from it, and then life tends to take, you know, different turns. That doesn't mean that life is honky dory for a Christian. It just means that when you stray from God, now you're in two places because one you know's what is right and what you should be doing, and you're not doing it. So it's even different from somebody who never really know, because you know what's right and you're not doing it, So you're feeling things differently and experiencing them differently. Get back into God's word. Don't worry about the guilt. That's silly, that's of the devil. Get back into God's word, Spend time with God and ask him to guide your life again. More importantly than all of this and all the nuttiness that goes on in the world, remember these words.
Speaker 1: I Am with you
Speaker 3: Always KF I am sixty on demand