Speaker 1: Gets me every time. It's time for cops rock on News Radio eight forty whas the Tony and Dwight Show with Dave Jennings.
Speaker 2: You got some good stories for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about the easiest thing I do all week finding cops that rock. Let's start in Philadelphia where last Wednesday in Philadelphia's Strawberry Mansion neighborhood.
Speaker 2: That's a good neighborhood. Mm hmm, that used to be. It's good on Candy Land, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they put a liquor store on the end, on the corner. It's not sane.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: A four year old boy was found safe after being abducted in a stolen vehicle. Police responded to a call just before midnight from the toddler's mom, who reported her Toyota SUV had been taken with her sleeping son inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this car was stolen and the kid accidentally was in the back right.
Speaker 3: She left the car running outside of a relative. Child with a childhood in Philadelphia with a child at midnight.
Speaker 2: Go grab her phone. I saw that coming. Wow.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna run in and get some grabbing her phone because she left it behind. Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small says the mom informed officers that one of her son's toys had an electronic tracker. Oh nice, allowing them to follow the vehicle's location using real time updates. A police helicopter quickly spotted the suv about a mile away. Officers converged the vehicle was abandoned, the child still asleep inside.
Speaker 2: Once they found the child.
Speaker 1: Split Now that's a tired kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Let through the whole thing. Uh huh? What happened?
Speaker 1: Can I get some ice cream?
Speaker 2: Anything you want?
Speaker 1: I'll leave the car running like going and get it. There's a lot of trackers in everything now, right, so by following us everywhere?
Speaker 2: Everywhere? Yeah, everywhere.
Speaker 3: Last week, a Saginaw, Michigan resident was left without his bike after it was stolen, taking away his main source of transportation. Detective Albert Presley was assigned to the case, but he had no leads on the bike thief despite his best efforts. Sounds like a Nancy Drew episode kind of does There's a Stolen Bike Encyclopedia.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 3: Understanding how much the bike meant to the man, he decided to step in in a different way. Presley used his own money to buy him a brand new bike. A photo shared on social media by the saganaw PD captured the man's joy as he received the unexpected gift. The department praised Presley's generosity, well known compassion and commitment to the community.
Speaker 1: Good for them finding the bike. I didn't have a tracker.
Speaker 2: Was he homeless? Didn't say? He's probably want to calm unruthed or a couple d A couple duys.
Speaker 3: You know who knows and Ohioman battling cancer for the second time, is getting some support from a surprising place. Back in twenty nineteen, thirty eight year old Ali Campbell was diagnosed with breast cancer and had chemo a double myystectomy in radiation darn and is now back in treatment for tumors that have.
Speaker 2: Spread to her bones. Oh Man.
Speaker 3: She recently shared an emotional video of her family supporting her as she shaved her head following chemo. She says that while people often call her strong, she wanted to show the emotional toll of her second battle with cancer, including how it affects her family. So inspired by her video, Goshen Township police officer Matthew Bucksath decided to show his support in a meaningful way. So the PD shared their own video of Bucksath Chief Bob Rose, Officer Jamie McFarland, Officer Tyler Smith, and Sergeant Jeremy Scathe having their head shaved by a local aspiring cosmetologist who lost her father to cancer. Oh Man Buck says that he said he was moved by the raw emotion in her video and wanted to show that she was not fighting alone. Campbell was surprised but deeply touched by the officer's gesture.
Speaker 1: Cancer sucks. But cops, rock it's right there right. We are going to have the skipper on a little bit later.
Speaker 2: The Alan Hale is it pat.
Speaker 1: The bats manager is going to come on? Are we talking about bats baseball? Because the season starts way earlier than we used to.
Speaker 2: Pitchers the catcher no.
Speaker 4: Stop stop, so stupid. Well keep it on law enforcement, specifically border patrol.
Speaker 2: If you're well, if you.
Speaker 4: Participate in using cocaine, the price is going to go up just a tad bit. It looks like because Customs and Border Protection Agency had a massive confiscation of cocaine last Friday. It happened at Roma port of entry in Texas. It's where officers found one point six million dollars worth of cocaine stashed in the back of a tractor trailer it was supposed to be hauling soft drinks. The total weight of the cocaine one hundred and twenty pounds.
Speaker 1: Well, I think sometimes these drug dealers go, yeah, I give them one shipment to think that they're doing something. It could be so much drugs come.
Speaker 2: Across that they called the tip in. They called themselves what.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, though, if you're a big enough outfit, outfit, you can you can send one hundred and twenty pounds of cocaine called a tip in.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then right.
Speaker 1: By down the street, right down the street, Yes.
Speaker 2: Right behind that truck. Have another one with you five hundred paints on.
Speaker 1: Through because they're busy with the other one.
Speaker 3: These guys that made the bust have their own mascot. It's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Well, sniffle up agains. We'll stop.
Speaker 4: Let's keep it on a high dollar items like cocaine. One massive egg heist went down on Saturday in Pennsylvania. Police say the theft went down at a Pete and Jerry's organics store.
Speaker 1: The price of eggs have been the topic. You started it, way you were on it.
Speaker 4: Ways why I started in twenty twenty because I eate ten eggs in the morning, at ten eggs at nine, I was the first one on the show to feel it.
Speaker 2: You thought the world was endy. Well, but here's why.
Speaker 4: I used to purchase eggs for two dollars and thirty three cents for a case of sixty sixty eggs for two dollars and thirty three cents.
Speaker 2: All right, now it's like fourteen bucks. I'm listening to it again.
Speaker 4: Well, you're the one that put mean, go get through this entire experience again.
Speaker 1: Because every week on the show they painted an egg. So not since the price of tea in China, if we had the price of eggs reported every single day. Thanks to the bird flu, they had to h yeah, dispose of millions of chickens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 4: Anyway, The thieves took one hundred thousand eggs.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 4: If you wonder what that's worth, it's forty thousand dollars. They were lifted from the back of the distribution trailer.
Speaker 2: You're gonna sell eggs.
Speaker 4: As of Tuesday, the incident is still unsolved.
Speaker 2: Black market eggs.
Speaker 1: Where are you gonna sell eggs here behind a dumpsterack?
Speaker 2: I mean, seriously, I think it was an excellent robbery.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's crazy. Dwight's distracted.
Speaker 2: I'm distracted. Pat Kelly walking in something shiny, walks into the What are you talking about? Yeah? I thought you were yoking. Oh yeah, that's a dollar out right there. That's good.
Speaker 1: So you steal one hundred thousand eggs or one hundred thousand dollars worth of eggs, not one hundred thousand eggs.
Speaker 4: Forty thousand dollars worth of eggs, it's one hundred it's one hundred thousand eggs. What it's like a truck that was very shellfish of them.
Speaker 2: I mean it's the price of all right.
Speaker 1: More than a third of Americans can't sleep in silence. I'm one of them. I can't sit in the total quiet room.
Speaker 4: See, I'll live with Chatty Chatty blah blah, who currently has a war on silence right.
Speaker 1: Now because she's got one of those Jimmy legs too. Right, she's kicking runs a marathon's loud and kicking you.
Speaker 2: It reminds me hang on one note to self. Order more horse tranquilizer. There you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got the third of Americans can't sleep in silence?
Speaker 2: Dave? What do you sleep to in silence? No? Not me? I got.
Speaker 1: I got an app on my phone. So if I'm in a hotel, it's a fan app. So you can choose which.
Speaker 3: Fans is the bath he thought skinny face.
Speaker 2: Is your How do you get your face so droopy? I'm not gonna get droopy faced? Dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I think this is mean and I think it's unacceptable.
Speaker 4: We say this because we care about you know, you don't. No, no, we no, we don't care about that's true.
Speaker 2: But you are gonna get We'll let you know when it starts.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Greg Gallio, it's got the fan app.
Speaker 4: Damn If Greg Galliad jumped off a bridge, would you Yeah, sure, Greg Galliad.
Speaker 2: That's all we hear about. It is Greg get But you.
Speaker 1: Can choose between a box fan or like a ceiling fan whatever. You could choose the fans. It matches your fane at home.
Speaker 2: You don't understand.
Speaker 4: That's that's Apple can mimic any fan from around the world.
Speaker 2: We're talking.
Speaker 1: It's amazing though. You put that app and you go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Mock.
Speaker 3: What about the nature? Sounds like the crashing waves, rustling leaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, water would make me have to pee all night. Rution sounds. It's pretty cool too, But you're like a babbling brook. It just goes, what do you do today? What do you do?
Speaker 1: Ever said those words before in your life?
Speaker 2: I like the shirted? How's it going? Where'd you get that shirted? It's a babbling brook? How is your day? It worked to a hum hunt thoughts. For gen Z it's much higher.
Speaker 1: They needed something going on to stimulate their braining while they're sleeping because they have to be stimulated every single moment of the day. The poll reveals that forty percent of Americans need some sort of white noise.
Speaker 2: So even if sad I don't see color, I caught noise. That's admirable. Good on you.
Speaker 1: But non specific noise. Uh so whatever that is? Like a TD I guess humming. I don't know what the white noise is. But people can't sleep unless they have something in their heads.
Speaker 4: Tony, you know, Dave, Yes, I'm sitting before you a hat?
Speaker 2: You mean giving me a hats to hold on to? So I want you to hold onto.
Speaker 1: This always a long time for a stupid bit. Go ahead, it's not stupid bit, it's no story.
Speaker 2: I got you. So I'm holding my hat. Got it? Hang on one second to I need to go to visions first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to go to vision first, Vision first. I care dot com.
Speaker 2: Well, if you like to eat beaver, I've got great news for you.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can. I don't think you can. In a minute, I don't think you can hunt.
Speaker 4: Beaver in Minnesota. Minnesotans can now eat beaver in peace.
Speaker 2: Last year, Caucasians are paying attention to this story, a.
Speaker 4: Law was passed in the state making it legal to eat a beaver. But now Senator Grant Hostchild has put a bill forward to make it now legal for people in Minnesota to consume beavers.
Speaker 1: This story is brought to you by Dwight Whitten is a sophomore in high school.
Speaker 2: In high school, so beav.
Speaker 1: I believe there it is illegal in some states to kill beaver.
Speaker 2: I believe that's true. You can't hunt some beavers. I saw the story. I first thought was, damn, damn, all right, I will allow it.
Speaker 1: Damn Okay, I get it. But that's that's that's an important part.
Speaker 2: Of the nature world. The nature world.
Speaker 6: And then the.
Speaker 2: Mountains on other streams.
Speaker 1: I mean, did you like when you saw the story?
Speaker 2: You were just like, no, I can't wait to do this story. You talking about you can't wait to this story? Are you kidding? You know? I got ice tasty beaver.
Speaker 1: It's not like we've been in any meetings at all.
Speaker 2: This is a news story. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: It's not Fox, then it must be true and it evolves a senator.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna go to the stuff you don't get on the view. Hey, we're gonna go to break so you have, but at least your hair is looking good. We grow Hair Indie dot Com. You went what you tell the story?
Speaker 7: Hey, this is toned to the netty. Look at my thick, lissious hair. If you like it, go to We Grow Hair Indy. How do I rate them? I rate them with seven golden head brushes. Listen, go to We Grow Hair Indie dot Com. Set up your evaluation. It could be in person or it could be virtual. I did my evaluation from the kitchen with an iPad. I wantn't even wearing pants you could go to We Grow Hair Indy dot com and make your appointment. Now they have artists robotic fue What does that mean. It means that you're gonna be in the chair just for a few hours and then you're done. Your hair is there for the rest of your life. And by the way, they recreate the real natural swirl pattern of your hair. You have you ever seen the hair jobs where it looks like rows of corn, just lines. You don't get that when we Grow Hair Indy, go to We Grow Hair Indy dot com. Stick around really on the really in the years.
Speaker 4: On the way and then we're talking bats baseball with the Skipperbabo.
Speaker 3: Or renew that though and tell you about the simplebodyshop dot com. I see a lot of cars out there with densit up fenders and little side damage, maybe sideswiping on the water center something keep on going so there's no insurance or you figure it's going to be a couple thousand dollars to fix, but you don't want to file a claim, so you just sort of live with it. You want your car back, you want it looking good. Thesimplebodyshop dot com can make that happen for you for a lot less than you think. Hey, when that refund comes, get your car fixed. They are simple, they are fast, they are affordable. There's no rental cars, there is no thousands of dollars. There's a few hundred dollars, and they can do it while you wait two hours or less, sometimes certainly same day. So go to thesimplebodyshop dot com, choose a service, and all the services, all the prices are right there. Your door dented needs painting, four hundred bucks per door, that's it. Your fender four hundred dollars. Paint match the paint repair like new the fender, so hundreds of dollars. No insurance company is involved, and you can have your car back. Treat yourself to your car. So nice driving a clean car around the simplebodyshop dot Com reeling in the years on the way. I'm Dave Jennings, Tony Venatti, Dwight Whitten, NewsRadio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: All right, We've got some help for really in the year's version today on NewsRadio eight forty whas, Skipper, Are you ready by Pat Kelly?
Speaker 2: How you doing man, Greg Elliott?
Speaker 1: You can yell out too. Okay, we're gonna he's just sitting back back there. Put your headphones on.
Speaker 2: Your headphones on, all right, Gally, yeah, Jennings, do your list.
Speaker 3: These are all top twenty hits from somewhere back in the day, right, including.
Speaker 2: Will Smith eight. It's not eight. You're already calling it.
Speaker 4: I'm calling it, but I want to hear the rest of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know late yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, welcome to Miami.
Speaker 1: This is a huge hit, and I know it was in the nineties. I don't know. He doesn't go two thousand, so we definitely not. It's not two thousand or two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: You know what I like about Will Smith is his kids are so normal.
Speaker 1: Son had a house on his head for the Grammys.
Speaker 2: Well he was under house arrest. Dwyke made a good joke.
Speaker 1: He was like, everyone's gonna talk about me with the house on my head, And then Kanye's wife showed up name.
Speaker 2: Get out, Hey, what do you have in a nice househead outfit? Share? Do you believe it's ninety ninety seven? No, it's ninety eight or ninety ninety seven. No, it's ninety eight or ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in love after love. I don't know, man, it's ninety eight or ninety nine. Okay, I'm out on this one. I'm thinking ninety seven. But nope, is that This isn't where she was dancing on the aircraft carrier?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Videos, Oh that was what was that? That was w.
Speaker 1: She didn't she didn't leave a lot to the imagination on that outfit. No, I know, all right, man, give me something said.
Speaker 3: It's something you got when you're played in your rock days.
Speaker 2: Google doll slide.
Speaker 1: Ninety seven, dude, maybe eight or ninety eight? Maybe, Greg Kelliet, hang on, let me get you in to Mike.
Speaker 2: Here we go go ahead.
Speaker 5: Since Tony and I use the fan app, I'm gonna go with Tony. I'm gonna say ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Sound like you got anything over there, Pat, Come on, jeez, I thought we were going to go like nineteen seventies, seventies.
Speaker 8: You know, even back you'd.
Speaker 1: Be surprised how good we are the seventies, Glenn Miller, Kelly's not here. I like ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, a couple more to get to. Let's try Eagle Eye CHERRYE save Tonight.
Speaker 2: Big song. Oh man, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: No, I think I want to go with your direction here because I'm having a hard time, and so I think it's nine ninety nine. Let's go ninety nine. Do you want to do that. We're gonna get the one song.
Speaker 4: This is what's the name of the stage, white oh solen't be wrong?
Speaker 3: All right, dude, give me the number one song. Bro, got two more to get to you. I gotta get one of Dwight's hot tub songs. I'm willing to bet from Gerald LeVert.
Speaker 4: And that's absolutely say a hot tub song of mine taking everything.
Speaker 2: I don't recognize this song. You're not Jeraldin. I guess I'm not that cool. Get your hand off my knee. I'm sorry song.
Speaker 4: This is baby making music at the Wittinghouse. Of course, I got decaffeinated. Thank you, doctor nick Meyer.
Speaker 2: The rest of the city says thank you. Also, the whole city is like first Urology judges a policeman or like thank you. But when I got stopped, no no, I got no no. I gotta tell Pat Kelly this.
Speaker 4: So when I got decaffeinated at First Urology, it didn't hurt a bit. Myvoseeconomy didn't feel a thing. Here we go because they numbed it first.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh at that, Pat Kelly, don't do it for the four million time on the Red Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: The number one song on February the sixth, back in the day.
Speaker 2: Oh it's ninety nine, Brittany, Yeah, it's ninety nineteen ninety nine. Baby she was.
Speaker 1: They was very creepy because she was a teenager and all these middle aged white guys were like jamming her song and it was like creepo, she's seventeen. Uh, I'm gonna go nineteen ninety nine. Dave Jennings final answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Britney Spears Baby one More Time was number one, February the sixth, nineteen.
Speaker 1: Whoa, see, we used our brains.
Speaker 2: Let's figured it out. That's right, all right. Vision First I Care folks.
Speaker 1: Dan Dwight was talking about it earlier to Vision First icare dot com. Get an appointment. They got eighteen locations. Go through a little car wash. They'll do like an MRI of your eyeball, and then you'll talk to the doctor and then the fashion forward folks will kind of help you pick out the frames. They I walked around the corner and they said, well, you kind of have a fat head, so we're gonna pick out some glasses that match fat heads. If you have a long head, they'll do that. They are experts at it.
Speaker 2: They help me with an extra handsome head.
Speaker 1: No, they don't have that, all right, So they there was a six month old baby that was getting glasses there that day.
Speaker 2: It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I took my second grader there twenty years ago, and they took care of her. Whether you're six or sixty, it's vision firstiicare dot com back after this on NewsRadio eight forty whas.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome back.
Speaker 1: News Radio eight forty w h as Tony and White Show with Jave Jennings about you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety the Bats.
Speaker 2: I'm back and why are we It's February.
Speaker 1: Why are we talking back?
Speaker 4: That's because pitchers and catchers next week.
Speaker 2: And to my right, as a man that.
Speaker 4: Has two thousand wins, only seven I think seven managers can say that, right, two thousand wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I'm getting that. I'm getting out of yeat. Pat Kelly, how you doing? Pat Kelly?
Speaker 1: Look good man, you're Crash Davis of managers pretty much.
Speaker 9: Okay, I got and like I told my players, I lost two thousand before everyone, two thousand bad baseball.
Speaker 4: Come on, I'm Jones and for you, uh, the Skippers in here with us, Pat Kelly.
Speaker 2: But there's a couple of Pat Kelly's. One of them is deceased. It's not him, but it's not well, let me turn these questions up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, but you were actually a manager for a Mexican league in Mexico, and there wasn't there some kind of a confusion between you and the other Pat Kelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: We I had just signed to manage the Hermiceal club in the wintertime in Mexico, and so at the end of the season, I was managing Richmond for the Braves and I had to have next surgery. So I had called the owner and said, I'm gonna be two weeks late to you know, to their spring training camp for winter balling. So I have the surgery. I get back home that weekend and Pat Kelly, the reverend who played with the White Sox and the Oroos, a black outfielder. He passes away that that weekend. So Sunday night, you know, I'm getting packed. I'm gonna leave Monday to fly to Hermiceo And I get a call and it's Enrique Lopez, the owner of the hermaiceal Nahar and Arrows and he u he says, oh you're not dead.
Speaker 1: Now I have to pay you. So how many people you think you've managed? Like how many players? Like, I mean, shoot a number at me. Like my point is you don't remember them all. Like I'm sure some people have come up to you and or do you remember them all? Somebody come up here and say, hey, coach or whatever, but that you don't remember them.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 9: I had a guy in spring training a couple of years ago come up and you know, hey, p K, how you doing. You know, all this kind of stuff, and I'm like, you know, he looks really familiar, and I got to play along and all that, and then you know, he ends up walking away. We talked about families and all that kind of stuff, and that.
Speaker 2: Player was Aaron hernandanzing I grabbed.
Speaker 9: One of the other coaches and I said, hey, who is that. He says, that's Doug Simon.
Speaker 4: I said, well, you can't be a skipper of a baseball team without first playing I would imagine you played in the majors. You got signed by the get signed by the Angels. But the salary wasn't that big, wasn't What was your salary? What they signed you for?
Speaker 9: Well, I got a I was a third round draft choice, so I got a big bonus. I got twenty thousand dollars. And then I went to Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll get you a dozen eggs.
Speaker 2: These was.
Speaker 9: I played for five hundred dollars a month. We went on the road. We got five dollars a day for meal money. And I always remember I was seventeen years old. So wow, I got my first paycheck.
Speaker 2: That was huge.
Speaker 9: I cleared one hundred and eighty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: You thought you were rich.
Speaker 9: I had never seen so many twenty dollars in my pi. I thought, this is this is the greatest job ever. And so the end of season, get a contract in the spring for the next year, and I got a raise. They paid me five hundred and twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's make it. I think we got some announcements to me. Greg Gilliet, how are you, sir?
Speaker 5: I am great, thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: And the season starts a little earlier than we used to write. It's in March, not April.
Speaker 5: Yeah, March twenty eighth, Friday night, and actually the big leagues get started the day before, in.
Speaker 2: The twenty seventh, so nice. We need the weather to behave oh well.
Speaker 5: And then actually two weeks after that, we're back home for thunder over Louisville on April.
Speaker 1: Twelfth, and you really needed you were hold for that game. This year, we're not okay, We're not all right, Nick Curran, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 8: Hey? How are you?
Speaker 2: Good? To see you?
Speaker 8: You as well?
Speaker 1: I feel like you have something to say to us, and always got music for you.
Speaker 2: We got music. Oh, this is the big announcement music, Nick, hang on, you gotta, it's gotta.
Speaker 1: It's the said, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: His name is Nick. His name is Nick, Nick Kurrn. Tell me the news.
Speaker 6: Well, the news is that, uh we used to be obviously the games the radio broadcast on iHeart and after a few year hiatus, back on.
Speaker 1: Sports Radio seven ninety o Sports Talk seven ninety also, welcome back.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's great to be back.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Hey, Nick, it's tough to announce baseball games because well there is downtime. So I've got some you know, some stories and some jokes I can share with you, just to Sprea go in there when you're calling, when you're calling bats.
Speaker 8: Basically we probably used them all.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 8: Tune in this, Jim Couch and me for for home games.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys are great.
Speaker 8: We'll get crazy. Guys are the wall when things get out of hand.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you make it entertaining and fun and keep it informed. It's a it's a great deal. And I listened to him on seven ninety all the time.
Speaker 2: So drive it home for wherever.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate you guys believing in us and and coming back home. Uh seven nineties where you all belong. That's where you belong.
Speaker 2: I got a question for Nick. So you've been calling the games for years. You do damn good job. You're you are. I'm not saying that you're here, but you're you're really, really good. App You're really good at what you do. Oh, I'm sorry, I was I not the sound effect.
Speaker 1: You're kissing his ass right now? Do you don't have to set him up with a compliment.
Speaker 2: You're a journalist. I'm the journalist, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: No, so, Nick, do you still get nervous going in to call the games? Because we do this every day and I'm not always nervous coming.
Speaker 1: In, but something we don't care, so.
Speaker 2: We do you get nervous before you take the mic? Because I got it. It's a lot of pressure, man.
Speaker 8: No, really, no, no, so many.
Speaker 6: I mean maybe certain things if like PK was about to win his two thousandth game last year and you don't want to like mess that up, and so that makes you nervous. Yeah, stuff like that. You get nervous during the game as things play out, but not not as it starts. Like if there's a potentially like big walk off, or if there's like a no hitter happening or something like that, you get nervously.
Speaker 1: I think the hardest part of your job, yeah, is pronouncing.
Speaker 2: Well that's okay, That's where I was going. You can be you know what can You'll be.
Speaker 4: Great if you just flawlessly pronounce all the difficult names, like you know a Lejandro he does do that, but yeah, really screw up the names like Bob Henderson, Bob hen darry on the.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, Nick, fantastic news back home on seven ninety. I think that is fantas I said, I can't wait to see the call letters up on the on the on the whether whether the box is there and started. We still have the news of the possibility of the of the remodel at Slugger Field, which is in in play and it could be the model that they use across the country. I got to tell you, Greg, I've talked to a million people that they're so excited about that, like that's the topic of the city basically, because that will turn everything around.
Speaker 5: And I'm hoping maybe in the next few months we'll have some more information. A lot of stuff going on right now behind the scenes. Okay, we'll keep hopefully.
Speaker 2: I want to shift back to Pat Kelly.
Speaker 4: So, Pat Kelly, you get into it every once in a while with the umpires. Do you ever think, hey, when the same umpire comes back, they might hold a grudge against you.
Speaker 2: You all know them, right, I mean you with them all the time.
Speaker 4: Do you ever think, hey, I went too far Now he's going to hold a grudge against me?
Speaker 2: And no, not really.
Speaker 9: I mean I think it's very important that if I got ejected the night before. Always make sure I take the lineups up the next day and you know, try to say some kind of joke and be joevealed, just to show that you know that I'm not upset, Okay, And then usually they're pretty good about it.
Speaker 1: And do you fraternize with them on the road, like if you see.
Speaker 2: Them in the bar? Oh no?
Speaker 5: No, Hey, guys, we got a solution for this also, okay, And of August, we're giving away a Pat Kelly bobblehead.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: And the pose we have is, of course Pat arguing with an umpire. So our thought is we're going to put these in the umpire's locker room when they first get to the ballpark, may greet them.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be super cool for you, like you're ablehead and you're yelling at her.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's perfect. I mean, I think there was three straight years between Pensylcola and Louisville where my baseball card that came out every year was arguing with an.
Speaker 8: I thought it was perfect.
Speaker 1: Do you curse in these arguments or you keep it clean? Depends on the violation.
Speaker 9: I have only done one argument where I did not cuss, did not cuss, And that was only because I was managing in Chattanooga and they tell vise about four or five games, and so I was miked and they did all kinds of funny things are different things. Bairyfoot was the color commentator, and he actually sat in the dugout one night and we were getting no hit and I actually walked up to him in the sixth thing and I said, I said, if we don't get to hit this inning.
Speaker 2: You're gone, right right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 9: And so anyway, I miked, and I remember telling my daughter Mike because my daughter was young, and she'd get really upset whenever I started to argue. She'd run onto the concourse. I always have to get her and say, you know, and she goes, oh, daddy's gonna come home. He's going to be mad tonight. So I told her that, you know, it was just part of my job. So last Diaz, who's still a big ly gun party, he misses a call at third base and I go racing out of the dugout and I get about halfway out, I remember that I miked, and there's no there is no five seconds. So I actually did this whole argument, got ejected and did not cuss one time. It was the hard It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my law.
Speaker 2: I guarantee it was.
Speaker 9: And then I was able to take the videotape and show it to my daughter and tell her, see, this is Daddy's just doing his job.
Speaker 8: He's not really bad.
Speaker 5: The best part about it is a year ago or two years ago, I'm down there on weather situation, so I'm sitting close to the field and he gets into it and his great line was, why do.
Speaker 2: You think you were in the bunk?
Speaker 10: Yeah, minor leagues terrible And I've used that before, dude, rather because uh, yeah, you're here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Part of my job is just being honest.
Speaker 2: I wants to deal with the dirt, kicking the dirt on the shoes. Who started that? You don't do that? Yeah, I assure you do, right. You know what.
Speaker 9: I have never kicked dirt on an umpire. I kicked it on the plate stuff like that. But I think that started.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I remember we were doing it when I when I growing up and Billy Martin and all that. But I'm sure that was the thing back in the day. I know in Japan at one time you could actually kick him in the shin oh. And I always thought I want to manage in Japan.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. Do you ever last question?
Speaker 2: We'll move on.
Speaker 1: Ame there a bats Baseball dot coll for tickets. Do you ever go into the game knowing you're gonna get thrown out?
Speaker 2: Or you walk out? I'm gonna get thrown out tonight.
Speaker 9: You know it's funny because I will say something to my coaches and say, you know what I'm going tonight and I don't get ejected, and then there's then there's nights for I'm like very calm and.
Speaker 2: You get thrown out.
Speaker 5: He'll come to us and say, do you need me to get tossed? And I do you need some time for fireworks?
Speaker 8: It's not dark yet. You know the game's.
Speaker 2: So do you ever do it just to fire up the team and the fans? Or do you every time pissed off? No?
Speaker 9: I think what it comes down to for me is, you know if I come out there Andy, Hey, you know PK, that was really a close play. I was, I was in a great position. It was bang bang, and I think I got it right. Now, how can I argue with that, isn't that When I go out there and that guy gives me that look like what are you doing?
Speaker 8: Then it's over.
Speaker 1: There's there's an advertising possibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, all right, definitely.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I can see a TV radio commercial right now with calming this guy down.
Speaker 2: Right, I got something.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Bats baseball dot Com March twenty eighth, first game, right, all right, uh, Nick made the announcement. Thanks for coming in today and making then announcement the Bats are back on seven ninety Yeah all right man, Bats Baseball dot Com. Uh, wind Donation, folks, what you got to do is go to Windownation dot Com. Sixty percent off all the windows, all the types from the Bays on on down. They'll take care of you and no interest, no payment for two years.
Speaker 2: So if you're like, we.
Speaker 1: Don't have it in the budget, don't worry about it. You've got two years with Window Nation. Get them now back after this on news RADIOA forty whas