Speaker 1: Time for Rocknews on one oh one one double JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynch Hintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one double JRR.
Speaker 2: All, right, before we jump into the rock news, let's give you that keyword this hour that could win you one thousand dollars to Rock the Bank. You another half hours so to enter green g R e E N at WJRR dot com.
Speaker 1: Green, thank you because people are asking me what it was again Green. Enter it the website and remember, if your phone rings next hour, pick it up.
Speaker 2: And we do this thirteen times each weekday. Rock the Bank Cash giveaways thousand dollars each time. And yeah, you can enter each time, so you know, if you're get to be you know, pop it around with it. Make sure you at least have the free iHeartRadio app installed, you know. That way you can plunch us up in one of the presets there. Lock us in as a preset and you'll never miss any of the keywords.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we're already your first preset. That's another story.
Speaker 3: Sad news. Rock world has lost Mick Roufs.
Speaker 2: Incredible guitarist and songwriter from two classic British bands, both Matt the Hoopel and then Bad Company. The legacy of work that he is absolutely incredible eighty one years old.
Speaker 1: You played that montage earlier and you when you hear it, you just say, oh my God. And that and that some of the most iconic riffs in music. Yeah, j our facebook page if you want more on the late Mick Rous, it should be noted Bad Company. He's not going to be here for the band to finally be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, long overdue. Hell, they hadn't even been nominated to go in until this last year when the voting was open, and that he's not going to be here for that sucks. Yeah, that's really a shame that blows. But you know, the guys are going to pay homage to him.
Speaker 2: Told you a little bit about this yesterday. Motley Crue have imagined the classic which is now forty years old, of Home Sweet Home with Dolly Parton. Yeah. It's an effort to help raise awareness and funds for Covenant House, which deals with teenage homelessness. You can see the video that's also on our Facebook page. The song is available now and will also be available on a new Motley Crue career spanning collection that's read another Greatest Hits Deals.
Speaker 3: But this song is good. It is what they did with that is very cool. It is the original.
Speaker 2: It's actually Dolly Parton who popped into a Nashville recording studio and you just see footage of her inserting her her parts into the.
Speaker 1: Crew classic Dolly Crue. Yep, exactly good song, it sounds good. Ohnley does those mashups. I'm not gonna say the other word, but she does those mashups with a bunch of different fans. It was her whole album that she just put out. I know, yeah, I'm saying, but and she has over the years. I watched a whole special on her, her and her husband who you never even really see, who also recently passed away. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oasis obviously kicking into their first tour in quite some time, and everybody's eager to see how the brothers Gallagher, Nol and Liam are going to get along. Ahead of that, they have a new ad campaign out for their gear. They're very very pro Adidas guys. They they've always sported Adidas gear, so there is a new Oasis branded tracksuit, classic jerseys and jackets that will be available in stores and also on tour stops. There's like a three and a half minute video out for this, okay, And of course there's you know, trolls trying to get under the skin of the Gallagher brothers, pooh poohing the whole thing and Liam and true. Liam Gallagher is basically, hey, just f off. If you don't like the stuff, don't buy it. I don't care if more or less what you said, Yeah good. You've got to give him credit for, you know, at least being true to his person and always has been.
Speaker 3: It's kind of you know, how.
Speaker 1: Long do you give it till one of them slugs the other.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna come off without a hitch, because I think they's not much money they're going to bank on this set. Aside your differences, if there are still any, go out there and do your set every night.
Speaker 1: Different dressing rooms obviously different one. But you can make so much money, like Lyncher's saying that you have now, you're able to set up generation or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, generational money. Sebastian Bach interviewed this recent week and he brought up. Actually was asked about a tour that skid Row was part of back in nineteen ninety two, and I actually went to this tour stop here in Orlando at the old Eddie Graham Sports Pavilion on the Econ Trail Pantera and skid Row, and I distinctly remembering when that tour was announced and they was coming here.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, hmm, gonna draw like two.
Speaker 2: Different type of hard rock fans to it, because if, yeah, the pan Era fans are a little more aggressive the.
Speaker 3: Skid Road, there is crossover.
Speaker 2: There, and I didn't know what to think going in, went in, saw the show, and skid Row came out and just grabbed the crowd by the balls and just rocked it. There were no issues whatsoever. And for the most part, that was how it was on the whole tour, because there were a lot of people who thought it kind of got a little bit of a hairband mixed going with completely, but there was none of that. And the crowd, the crossover crowds were great. Everybody got along. Bach was quick to tell some stories about just how crazy it was touring with the guys in Pantera back in ninety two. He related one story where he got a call from Dimebag saying, hey, you guys, you're gonna have to find a different hotel to stand because we just got kicked out. He goes, how can we get kicked out? I haven't even checked in yet. Well, dime It started stabbing the couch and the lopy with the knife and they threw us all out.
Speaker 3: It's like it was wilds.
Speaker 2: He was talking about him and some of the guys on acid doing crazy stuff, and he's like, hey, kids, don't do acid.
Speaker 3: This was back in the nineties. Just you know what. But that was a hell of a tour, man.
Speaker 1: Now, I remember you talking about that tour because every time you mentioned Eddie Graham, I just flashed back to that Eddie Graham Sports stadium growing up here, and I remember, you know, out near Valencia or Valencia.
Speaker 3: Now, what were you ever there for?
Speaker 1: I had friends that lived right near there, so we ride our bikes down that road, which was pretty ballsy if you remember, right past Eddie Graham, those curves you were rolling the the life dice if you would.
Speaker 2: That facility was an aluminum hot box, that's what it was. Yeah, there was regular wrestling there back in the day. Yeah, and then the occasional shows that would go through there, but that was a memorable night. They saw Slayer there as well. Yeah, Slayer played there once as well.
Speaker 3: That kicks ass.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Black Sabbath quickly closing in on there back to the beginning July fifth Sea from Birmingham, England, the latest in the you know, the stuff going on in and around this final tour and what's now become a festival in itself. A department store UK department store chain called Selfridges, uh huh, has a full Black Sabbath department in their Birmingham store for any fans that are going to be coming into town or local fans that want to go in all sorts of Sabbath here.
Speaker 3: How cool is it? You know, obviously them obviously here.
Speaker 2: We've seen and been used to going into various department stores and seeing concert t shirts. Now it's you know, it's it's a normal thing you see, but an entire department dedicated to Black Sabbath.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do you always say, Strike while the iron's hot.
Speaker 3: If there's a hole, plug it.
Speaker 2: And finally, congratulations to the Edge from you two who is now officially an Irish citizen. He was He was born in Wales. Okay, Okay, He was born in Wales and moved to Ireland with his family. Both both of his parents are Welsh. They moved to Ireland when he was one, so that's how you know, right, But he'd never officially become a citizen until recently he, along with a group of other folks all were sworn in its new Irish citizens. He couldn't be happier to achieve that now at the age of sixty three.
Speaker 1: If you were getting sworn in with the edge from you two, that's pretty memorable, it is.
Speaker 3: Are they deporting there too? What is there?
Speaker 1: You know, headed head chief over there cracking down tacos?
Speaker 3: They are here?
Speaker 2: Being deported is not a new concept, and there aren't many countries in the world that let you just waltz in and set up.
Speaker 1: So I just wondering maybe that's the truth as to why he did it. Maybe they go, hey, you know this, you too, fella goes by the edge. Scooperm was Tom Fardy?
Speaker 2: Okay, get as Actually I do have his real name and I used to have that committed to uh to memory here, What the hell.
Speaker 3: Back to Wales, David Evans.
Speaker 1: David Evans So, David Evans growing.
Speaker 3: There you go. There's your rock news for this week.
Speaker 1: J R R.
Speaker 3: Ortland News Rock Station j R R