Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine. The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on JRR Bulldog Sports page, brought you by our iHeartRadio Music Festival today and tomorrow. I went it before. You can buy trips to Vegas for you and a guest plus one thousand dollars your first chance of the day. We'll be right around nine to oh five with us. Good morning, Bulldog, Good morn man. You ready to overreact to sports from the weekend. It's all yours man, all right, let's overreact.
Speaker 2: Shay Gildess Alexander scores thirty four for OKC. They tie this series last night with Indiana. They won the game one twenty three to one oh seven. That series tied one. All the thunder now eighteen to two. Coming off a loss, of course, they lost Game one on that classic Tyres Haliburton shot. I told you then, I will tell you now. All right, that was one game for Indiana. OKAC will still still win this in a gentleman's sweep. They'll win at four to one. By the way, nobody's watching this series. TV ratings for Game one, even though it was a classic average four point seven rating eight point nine to one million on ABC. That was the lowest of the Nilsen era dating back to nineteen eighty eight. That's if you tank take out the COVID fueled ratings plummet in twenty twenty twenty twenty one got so just as we suspected, nobody's really watching.
Speaker 3: Remember that in twenty twenty twenty twenty one where they had the fake people in the crowd. We talked about them a couple months ago. That was horrible.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. So we'll see what happens from here on out. My Florida Panthers on Friday Night, Brad Marshan getting it done in double overtime.
Speaker 1: He scores the goal.
Speaker 2: The Panthers end up winning that game five four, and now Game three with the series tied one, all is tonight in South Florida. Lancheity you like tonight? Yeah, you'd take the home team, man. I think the fans in South Florida are probably gonna be eager to try to out vociferous what went on in Edmonton for those first two games. Yeah, the crowds at these games are unbelievable. Obviously, the Edmonton crowd was incredible. But you know what, in the NBA Finals last night, I don't know if you guys have okase. They said the decibel level last night was like a hundred and which is right. I think a standing right next to a chainsaw is like one hundred and ten. So yeah, the deciel levels incredible in these series. Uh, Orlando Pride, they went over the weekend one nil with a stoppage time goal on the Orlando City did not play over the weekend. They had the week off, so the Pride get back on the winning track they needed to do that. FSU and Miami both failed to make the College World Series. Florida State loses to Oregon State and Miami loses to Louisville, So we will have no teams in the College World Series out in Omaha. What else do we have from the weekend. Denny Hamlin wins the NASCAR race up in Michigan after he and Michael Jordan had had a setback in their lawsuit against NASCAR and the Charter System. But Denny Hamlin ends up winning, outlasting the competition at Michigan International Speedway. The big news over the weekend happened. Well, let's get into horse racing real quick journalism finish his second to Sovereign. What was that horse you were rooting for, Lynch?
Speaker 1: Oh, this was I don't even think Sandman was in it? Was it? I don't There's only eight horses in in that race. Did Pat you get to watch Mark Tremonti singing? Sounded great? I'm sure sounded great. I admiss it.
Speaker 2: By the way, I still don't understand why Sovereignty didn't run in the Preakdness. It won two of the three Triple crownd races but did not race in the Preakness. And they say it's better for the horses long term future. What could be better than being a triple crown winner?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so anyway, big news over the weekend college football. It's official, guys, Colleges can now officially pay players directly. The House settlement went through, so there is a quote unquote salary cap. Teams can play pay their players are not just college football overall. They can pay their athletes twenty point five million dollars per year. Most of that money is going to go to football. They say, you know they're going to be able to police this and police the boosters out of college football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm skeptical. Yeah, I'm skeptical.
Speaker 2: Skeptical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't understand why anyone would be skeptical of that.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you guys watch any of the French Open over the weekend? Let you watch everything? Did you watch any I don't watch tennis. I'll tell you what. That was an incredible match. Carlos Alcaaz comes back from two sets down, save three match points and wins the French Open over Yannick Center.
Speaker 1: And it was incredible. Lench.
Speaker 2: I'm not I used to be a big tennis fan. I don't watch it much anymore, but I happened to be watching a little bit of that and that was incredible.
Speaker 3: So I said, years ago, dog, somebody taught me about twenty years ago. They said, hey, see that tennis. It's on boring, right, Okay, yeah, he said, turn the volume all the way up and close your eyes with the women playing. Oh god, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh. Did I did watch the golf that went to four playoff holes yesterday? Did you see that? Names?
Speaker 2: So you watched a meaningless golf tournament, but you didn't watch.
Speaker 1: The only reason I caught the golf is because I switched over to it at the end of the NASCAR race and I was, Oh, this is in playoff holes and yeah, Ryan Fox topped Sam Burns.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got the big golf tournament this week, the National, the US Open, coming up this week, so Heart picks for that later in the week.
Speaker 1: He is Mike the Bulldog Bionchy, host of Open Mic on a Jason Dust weekday mornings on a seven ninety six to ninety games Hey. He takes a time out from his show to join us for the Sports page here on jr R each morning, and we appreciate it. Bulldog.
Speaker 2: By the way, a happy birthday to electric guitar pioneer Les Paul. Today on demand to download the iHeartRadio app