Speaker 1: Welcome Just hand Away Tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily dose of inspiring from heartfelt tagalog sermons from different factors and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 2: We hope that this podcast finds you.
Speaker 3: In good shame and now here's your message. You're listening to a podcast from Victory. A relationship with Jesus promises more than just provision and protection. It promises eternal life. Discover more in week four of our series Beyond the Signs.
Speaker 2: John chapter six.
Speaker 1: Sometime after this, Jesus crossed to the shore of the Sea of Galilee, that is the Sea of Tiberius, and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the miraculous science he had performed on the sick. Then Jesus went up on the mountain and sat down with his disciples. The Jewish passover face was near when Jesus looked.
Speaker 2: Up, and so a great crowd coming toward him.
Speaker 1: He said to Philip, where shall we buy bread with his people to eat? He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.
Speaker 2: Philip answered him.
Speaker 1: Eight months wages went not buy enough bread for each one to have a bite.
Speaker 2: Another of his disciples, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Simons, Peter's brothers, spoke up, here's a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish. But how far will they go among so many?
Speaker 2: Jesus said, have the people sit down.
Speaker 1: There was plenty of grass in that place, and the men sat down, about five thousand of them. Then Jesus took bread the lobes, gave thanks, distributed to those who were succeeded as much as they wanted.
Speaker 2: He did the same with the fish. When they had all had had.
Speaker 1: Enough to eat, he said to his disciples, gather the pieces that are left over.
Speaker 2: Let nothing be wasted.
Speaker 1: So they gathered them and filled to a basket with the vices of the five barley lobes left over from over by those who.
Speaker 2: Had eaten last verse.
Speaker 1: After the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus did, they began to say, sure, this is the prophet who is to come into the world. So, of course what we're reading today is in the Book of John. Interesting about the Book of John's party, the Gospel of Matthew Mark Looking John and.
Speaker 2: Most scholars always they would say, now I.
Speaker 1: John, so ibang angelo, ibang approach and everything. But but more than that, if you you know, read your Bible, and of course there's a lot of book sixty six of them and several few authors that God used inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the book. But here's what you need to understand, all of them inspired by the Holy Spirit writing to us, because again they are directing us into something or to someone that we need to want to know. And what we're reading today and what we have read is not just a story, yes it is, but God is revealing himself to these people about this story and who is God we read this story. That's the question that we need to understand. Amen, So let me ask you this. How many of you here the glow You went to a road trip? So maybe to tay Ti Ti road trip? All right, Santi Paul logan On. So actually it adds a road trip. And if i'm kilometers trip.
Speaker 2: Road trip, you've been to a road trip of course.
Speaker 1: And traffic signs are placed is because at the end of the day it points to or leads us towards a towards the direction towards a destination. When you go drive, Yes, it's okay to see traffic signs, but at the end of the day, you have to know where you're going, so nobody stopped, you know, would step down. Maybe because we're a selfie culture, you would take a picture with a traffic sign, but you don't camp into a traffic sign. You have to get into your car and drive again because at the end of the day, it points to to a destination.
Speaker 2: That's what we're reading today.
Speaker 1: If you read the maxt my my encouragement is that you read the whole jump chapter six and those stories that we're reading. Maybe you have read this before, you've heard of preaching about this before. But here's what I want you to just be sensitive about as you read this story, that there is a destination. That's why John wrote this. He is leading you into a destination that you need to know. That you need to understand because if not, then you're gonna look at the story and there's a good traffic sign, but you're gonna miss the whole thing. So let me start with that. So let me share to you three things, three kinds of people that you would see in this story that we're gonna read in John chapter six, as they're following the signs you're gonna see.
Speaker 2: You have three people here. All right, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the first one. Number one, those who follow the signs. Number one kind of people that you see in this story is that those who follow the signs.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that? Let's read this.
Speaker 1: Sometime after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galley, that is.
Speaker 2: In the Sea of Tiberius, and a great crowd lead that we mean, a great crowd of people followed him. Why are they following Jesus?
Speaker 1: Reader, because they saw that what miraculous signs?
Speaker 2: Some people, I want you to look at me here.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong about following design, but that is not a destination.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong about following this.
Speaker 1: And maybe you're here today because somebody invited you to be here. Maybe you're following There's nothing wrong with that, but that is not a destination. Interesting about the people is that they're following Jesus. If you read Junk chapter five, which is about four three four verses before this, you would see that Jesus.
Speaker 2: Was healing people. And because now people are watching, you know, I be a wow, that's good.
Speaker 1: And they were curious about who Jesus was, and they were watching from afar.
Speaker 2: They were saying, wow, Wow, I like that. People are getting what lame? People walking over? Wow.
Speaker 1: They were excited about what was happening and guess what. And then Jesus moved to another side. They followed Jesus because they were following what.
Speaker 2: The miraculous sign. So where Jesus goes, Day goes.
Speaker 1: But they're watching from the distance, seeing everything, being a spectator.
Speaker 2: And here's what it is. We have to be careful.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes we just follow the signs. You know, there's a revival going on there. Oh, let's put the title baby by ba. We follow design. Others are laughing, Oh better, there's a falling gold does open the go does.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: But the problem is that sometimes we can to the sign, but that is not the destination.
Speaker 2: That's a good start. Here's the problem with just following design. You get tired. You get tired.
Speaker 1: That's why when you read this story is interesting because now you would see at this point if you want to follow, what was going on. And then Jesus saw them coming to him. That is in John chapter six, verse five. Here's what it says.
Speaker 2: Jesus saw them coming towards him. Interesting when Jesus saw them. Here's what Jesus realized. They're all hungry. That means they're tired. And here's the conversation.
Speaker 1: And Jesus, we have to feed them.
Speaker 2: So we don't want to disciple. Lord, come on, we're gonna feed them. Lord, that's too much. And well on one as well, the Lord in Dikaye. You know, sorry, right, that's they don't know.
Speaker 1: This is Robert Hern's version. Of course, I'm parer praising the Lord. Value me little one rise to rise Burger. That's I've been gonna They found the boy, Rudy.
Speaker 2: They found the boy. See the boy? Okay, okay. That so then after that, here's what happened.
Speaker 1: So they started what multiplying, So following the sign, following the sign, following the sign.
Speaker 2: That's why you have to be careful.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're just following the sign, compare, you're gonna get tired. Thank you for serving in this church, thank you for giving your time to this church. But at the end of the day, just following other people, you're gonna get tired because you're gonna miss it.
Speaker 2: What the whole point of this is all about.
Speaker 1: Like in our culture, we love to follow people, crowd. There's a crowd and the don see see and a.
Speaker 2: Banna, So we have to follow. That's not what it is. So after that we move on to the story. Not only those who follow the sign.
Speaker 1: Here's the second one, those who what experienced design what happened here. Let me just share this to you. Here's what happened. So imagine this with me. All right, let's read this. Those Jesus said, have the people sit down. So after all of those, they found the boy just the hold of the bread and he started what breaking the bread? Look at this, Look at this. Jesus said, have the people sit down. There was plenty of grass in that place, and the man sat down.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you. I'm reading that, Nord. Why why you have to mention about the grass.
Speaker 1: There was plenty of grass, but California that means different thing.
Speaker 2: We just approve the grass man. Some people do that. We're gonna go have some grass. No, that's a different grass. Okay.
Speaker 1: I just wanting to say, there are different place. So they were sitting down in the grass and Jesus began to watch minings up down just took the loves game. Thanks and distributing to those who were sitting as much as they wanted. Imagine this with me. They were watching from afar, watching the sign. Now they are experiencing being part.
Speaker 2: Of that.
Speaker 1: Because not all of them got healed, because not everybody was sick this time they were there, they were watching Jesus. Imagine this with me. You're sitting there. Jesus was breaking the bread, distributing the bread. You're holding the bread, and you're watching whow gop doom. You're watching bread being multiplied. You're sitting there, you're eating.
Speaker 2: I'm like, whoa from what? From following? Now you're experiencing.
Speaker 1: And this is something else, isn't it? This is what having a power encounter with God. This is a power encounter. This like miracles happening, your prayers being answered, Come on out, you're.
Speaker 2: Riding in your prayer. What prayer and fasting?
Speaker 1: God is answering your prayers left and right. You're praying for the sick people. They're getting what And you're like, wow, Lord, I don't know about you. I'll be happy if I'm sitting there. Imagine the more every breath you break.
Speaker 2: It's multiplying.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you. If I have a bag typical Pippin right, And to be honest with you, well.
Speaker 2: Up, come on, go break it.
Speaker 1: You're no breaking breaking, make you Pilippine Geese. It's gonna make Bacony Bakery.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, lack no cause, well lung cause.
Speaker 1: Again, there's nothing wrong about experiencing the signs. I have prayed for some stuff and it happened, some prayer requests from God that I've prayed for, and I've seen.
Speaker 2: God move in my life. But here's what it is. That's not the destination.
Speaker 1: Because that will not satisfy you, as good as that is.
Speaker 2: But that's not the destination. But the problem is this where Christians were camping there. We like the power. But here's what it is. You may have what experience the power of God? But here's the question. Have you what discovered the nature of God? Who is God? In those miracles? You prayed for a car? God gave you your car. So what it is? Now?
Speaker 1: Have you discovered not only that He loves you, but he's also a provider. Even praying for a promotion, God gives you that. So Lord, in the process coming in, then you missed the whole point.
Speaker 2: God gives you miracles. God answers your prayer. It's not because you are you deserve it. You don't you.
Speaker 1: Think when you're praying your prayers is being answered you're better than other people.
Speaker 2: Let me give you the headline here. You're not good enough. It's God's grace.
Speaker 1: It's God's goodness, nothing more, nothing less. If you don't understand that, then you're missing the point. Then you'll be like the Pharisees. You'll be like, whoa God is answering my prayer? I'm better than other people when you come to charge and you're looking at other people.
Speaker 2: No, I'm better.
Speaker 1: So you come to worship God and then you're gonna come here and then you're gonna lift your hands and you're gonna look at the process heedo right next to you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do it higher than that other one.
Speaker 1: The baby goes, hey, I'm getting the power encounter. But that's not the point. It's not gonna satisfy. Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna enjoy the reward and you will forget about the rewarder. Yes, Christianity is not just about experiencing the power of God. But Christianity is about what having a relationship with God. So when you receive those blessing, when you want receive those miracles shoes, we'll understand that it came from him.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with you. It's the goodness of God.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna satisfy read this, but stoppin him on a sabe, here's what it is.
Speaker 2: When they found him on.
Speaker 1: The other side of the lake, after the whole discussion, here's what it and they ask him, Rabbi, when did you get here?
Speaker 2: Look at this? Jesus answered, I tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: You are looking for me, not because you saw the miraculous science, but because you what you ate your loaves and you So you're looking for Jesus because you're being blessed. You're looking for Jesus because your prayers are being answered. What if prayers are not answered, will you still look for Jesus? What did everything that you're praying for is not happening? Would you still look for Jesus? What if the things that you prayed for and then suddenly God takes that away?
Speaker 2: Will you still look for him?
Speaker 1: What if the car suddenly you're in the position wherein the blessing is now longer.
Speaker 2: That will you still look for him, or you're just going to be just one of the crowd.
Speaker 1: You're just going to look for Jesus's because you're experiencing some miracles.
Speaker 2: In your life. I hope not. It's not going to satisfy.
Speaker 1: I've been there in a position and see it in my life that everything that I've been praying for is happening.
Speaker 2: And then the most difficult moment.
Speaker 1: Of my life, that's the challenge, will I still seek God? The challenge was, will you still worship God when everything that what you're looking at is not exactly where you want it to.
Speaker 2: Be, when there's more pain than joy? Will you still worship him?
Speaker 1: It's just easy to worship God and everything is doing good, I tell you.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at the story.
Speaker 1: Everybody is full, everybody's you know what, just everybody everything. They just got their feeling. I mean, come on, they're ready to go. Actually, if you want to read a little bit more verse ahead of that. After that, they realized I want to make They wanted to make force Jesus to be the king because.
Speaker 2: They got their feeling like, come on, Jesus, come on, this is happy moment. Let's make him a king. In this, Lord know, because you're missing design.
Speaker 1: God was revealing himself to them, but they're just concerned about the blessing.
Speaker 2: And here's the last one. I'm sorry, let's just move on. And I think there's a few more verses here. That's why Jesus said.
Speaker 1: Do not work for the what food that spoils, but for food that injures to eternal life, which the son of Man will give you. On him, God, the Father has placed his seal of approval food that spoils blessings. It's not gonna last forever. Guys, everything's gonna grow old. You're not gonna take that to heaven. Your house, your car, your watch, we can't. Here's the last one. And those people who what read that with me, please those who see beyond the signs. And this is Peter, imagine this. I'm gonna read the scripture. But here's what happened. So after that God revealed himself to them. He was saying, I'm the bread of life. The bread comes from the bread that comes from heaven. And after that there was a discussion. Here is Jesus talking the discaples. Here's what he said. You know, you should drink my blood and eat my flesh reading your bible. John chapter six, verse sixty six. I like that sixty sixty six. You know what happened when people heard that. Here's what they said, this is a hard teaching. And then the disciples started to walk away. They said, no, I don't like this too hard. Why because from the very beginning they're just following the sign. They have experienced the sign, but they have not.
Speaker 2: Seen beyond the signs. So in the hardest moment they walk away.
Speaker 1: Sorry, not for me. I like this when everybody's doing great. I mean, I like it when we were worshiping God. I like it when the miracles was flowing. But now this a flash. Drink my blood, uh.
Speaker 2: Out of it.
Speaker 1: I'm not a vampire. I'm not a zombie exactly. They missed what Jesus was trying to tell them.
Speaker 2: But someone saw beyond the sign, and that's Peter. Look at Peter. Look at the discussion here. Simon.
Speaker 1: Peter answered him, Lord, after all everybody was walking away. Here's what happened. Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go?
Speaker 2: And look at this? Peter, so beyond design. Here's what he said.
Speaker 1: You have the words of eater life. Read that with me, you have the words of eternal life. Interiest thing about Peter because God called him. He was following Jesus. I've experienced miracles with God. But here's what it is. And then he's all behind the sign. Here's what it is. He had an encounter with God.
Speaker 2: And here is what it is. And then we believe in know that you are what the Holy One of God. That means you are the Messiah. Lord, you are. We understand what this is all about. You are the one. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Lord, We've bleft everything for you, Lord, So it doesn't matter God, miracles or no miracles.
Speaker 2: We're gonna follow you. Lord.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, Lord, none answered prayers or yes, you know, none answering.
Speaker 2: You know you're not answering.
Speaker 1: Up, We're gonna follow you because here's what it is. You are the word of eternal life. We believe that you are the Messiah. You are the only one. So challenges or not, Lord, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna follow your. Lord.
Speaker 1: My heat up man that they were gonna follow you, Lord, because what happened was they saw beyond the signs they passed, you know, they looked.
Speaker 2: At what was happening.
Speaker 1: And they looked at that and said, Lord, yes, thank you for the America.
Speaker 2: But guess what, thank you that we have you? No, thank you, we have you at the end of the day. Lord, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Kila alam, Queenago Alma, write my head up. Lord, I'm gonna go follow you.
Speaker 2: The relationship. So in Diago Barton crowd, Landlord, I know who you are.
Speaker 1: I tell him Queen Amak and I'm Queen Giago Almazoso Amen you you man lega.
Speaker 2: Guys, we miss that, we miss everything. And here's Jesus.
Speaker 1: I gonna go track you backtrack a bit, and here's the conversation that you need to understand about him.
Speaker 2: Jesus is number one. Read that with me.
Speaker 1: Please, if you read that and started with that, thirty one and thirty and forty one, the true Bread from Heaven. When you read that word that means very they understand what that is because they're Jews. In the background of their history, they know the true Bread from Heaven. Any Lord, map and this.
Speaker 2: They're here. They were talking about the Mana, the Manna. When they were in the Wildernances.
Speaker 1: They were complaining against You know, Lord, we want to go back to Egypt the landlord, and they're complaining, sailor, I would provide for you.
Speaker 2: Here's what's gonna happen. Forty years what I'm thirty.
Speaker 1: Eight to be excited, but you know, and being in the wilderness, and they were there and God would provide for them.
Speaker 2: Every morning. Mana is like a flakes coriander flecks with honey.
Speaker 1: That was the description be them every morning in provision from God to every morning they would wake up, wow, Manna oh man and after us, after what five years, Tamana like complain and Manzilla against quail.
Speaker 2: But here's what it is.
Speaker 1: I am the true bread from heaven. Didn't learn that God is going to provide for them. They were talking to people that understood their history. Here's the next one, Sabis Christ the bread of God. Intrinsting about the bread is very important for them. And there's ceremonial things that they do as a nation and living bread.
Speaker 2: You've heard about that. So all of those this inditumal words. Now Waalama's obviously Lord.
Speaker 1: Now guess what I am the conyon of life, satin bread, this honey in the conyon and satin, I am the counyon of LIC's a hashtag extra rights please. But for them, this is important. For them, they knew exactly what was the discussion. They knew the significance of that as far as there was the religion and who they are.
Speaker 2: Then living bread being presented lay in the temple. Come on, now that's what we're tied here. So they know that.
Speaker 1: And here's the next one. Read that with me, come on the bread of life. Imagine that conversation. Remember that with the with Jesus and the Samaritan woman in jun chapter four. If I remember that in the well, the discussion of the well and sabing the Lord, if you want drink this and your what, You're never gonna go thirsty and hungry again, Jesus literally again, did you think that, Yulan? But here's the last one, and I'm gonna go pray the living bread. I don't see this happening. Lord, you look at the story, you look at the miracles, you look at everything. Here's what God is saying. He's leading them, He's revealing himself to them. But they're just following the sign. They have experienced the sign, but they have missed the sea beyond the sign. Because God was what leading them. Remember this is a destination. Remember the story from the very beginning we're traveling. All of those are like traffic signs to get.
Speaker 2: You towards the right direction. But they miss it. We don't have to miss it. Today.
Speaker 1: It's very clear. I want you took here. Let men with this, and we're gonna pray. We could experience God, we could follow the sign. We could experience the sign. But here's the most important thing. You have to have an encounter with God. Because if not, that didn't mean anything. You'll be here today and you'll dig gone tomorrow because it's not gonna change you. Only God could change us. And I want you to look up here. Only God could satisfy us. Because if not, here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna look for that in what career You're gonna go work, work, work, work, work, and hard.
Speaker 2: Please I'm not I work hard. But at the end of the day, that's not gonna satisfy you. Then here's what it is.
Speaker 1: The next one relationship you're gonna look for people relationship. You're gonna say, yeah, hello, I'm lonely, you're lonely. I'm lonely, So let's get together, we're not lonely. Then you look at each other, You're still lonely. Why only God could satisfy. Then after that you don't. You don't move to another one. You move to another one. It's like what you're going to eight direction, but are the wrong one? Only God could satisfy HIMN I want everybody to stand up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna prayer. Lord. Thank you for your word. Thank you Lord for speaking to us today. Thank you that you love us so much that you care for us.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to one of our podcasts. We hope it blesses and inspires you to honor God and make disciples. For more messages like these, or to access other resources, please visit Victory dot org dot pH or download the Victory app for free on the iTunes Store or Google Play. If you would like to share a story of God's faithfulness in your life, please visit Victory dot org godph slash my story. Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoyed today's episode.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all.