Speaker 1: Here it is You're nine first forty one afore cast. Sorry for the Halloween trigger treater kids tonight and happy Halloween tea anyway, but it looks like it's going to be rainy beginning this afternoon, along with some very gusty wins. I heard forty five mile an hour, so seventy five for the high forty seven. Overnight clouds will decrease median isolated shower apart or mostly sunny tomorrow and the highest sixty two. It's got a few clouds overnight down to forty one, and Saturday is going to be a sunny day sixty seven four a high sixty five degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic.
Speaker 2: From the u SEE Health Tramping Center. Count on the expert team that you See Health Orthophoenix sam Sports Medicine. No matter the injury, same day appointments are available schedule on mine at you see health dot com. Southbound seventy five continues to crawl from Aboveman Road to an accident above one twenty nine west sides blocked menarek He's found one twenty nine s ramp to southbound seventy five. Northbound seventy five heavy between Buttermilk and downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kro SEE the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRSD Talk Station, a very happy Wednesday too or Thursday lost to day elections next Tuesday, I know that, And welcome to the fifty five KARSSEE Morning show. Local activist Carrie Davis with what we like to Coke jokingly refer to Carrie on the fifty five KRSSE Morning Show as a Shenanigans declaration. So I'm calling what you're doing a Shenanigans declaration over Denise Treehouse and apparently her relationship, which you call in a question with Rumky. Just let you know. I Carrie, nothing against what you're saying here, and I want you to let my listener know what you're talking about. But I got a lot of I mean, I love Rumky because they take my garbage away. And without Rumky or someone taking garbage away, I can't imagine what the world would look like. I've seen New York when the garbage collectors go on strike. So we need to manage and deal with our way. So Rumky is always the bill that I'm happy to pay. That doesn't mean they don't need to run their business properly, which leads us over to what I'm calling your Shenanigan's declaration. So enlighten my listeners on what you have uncovered.
Speaker 3: Okay, so can you hear me? All right?
Speaker 4: Bottom clear Kerry, alrighty.
Speaker 3: So you really can't blame Rumky for running their business the best way they can.
Speaker 4: That's not the problem.
Speaker 3: The problem is when you have a corrupt politician who's willing to sell out residents and not.
Speaker 4: Do her job.
Speaker 3: And so I think Rumki did their job. I don't like it, but that's their job. Denise accepted about eight thousand dollars in donations from Rumky and Rumky's lawyer, and it was within months of her settling a lawsuit behind closed doors where Rumky challenged rules to be implemented in Hamilton County and these rules not have rules, and Denise gutting the rules that were provided to her by Sierra Club, Legal Women, Voters, Oxpo, Rivers, Unlimited, Cardinal Land Conservancy. All these organizations put together a fair and reasonable rule for Runky to operate their facilities with less pollution and less negative impact on neighborhoods. And Denise took that rule and went in private quarters and negotiated and gutted the rule completely. And because of that, for example, we are the trash capital of the United States of America. We are the only county in the vicinity that he has no rules to protect residents East Palestine.
Speaker 4: All the toxic.
Speaker 3: Waste Denise Palestine was dumped in Hamilton County.
Speaker 4: When Claremont County.
Speaker 3: Sued and cleaned up the hands of this waste site, all that waste was taken to Hamilton County and dumped in our backyard. So we are getting the trash and all the worst of the trash from all over the region because Denise tree House took eight thousand dollars and her campaign fund and gutted the rules that protected residents.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the order of things, I think as you initially stated that the rule that you presented are these groups presented to her was gutted and other rules went into place, and then the campaign contribution was received. Is that how that worked? Rather the money showed up first, then the rule was changed.
Speaker 3: Correct, Which is interesting because the United States Supreme Court did made a ruling earlier this year talking about how it's not a quid pro quo unless the money is paid after the action is taken. And that's exactly what happened here.
Speaker 1: Okay, sore Is this sounds to me like something in Algis that the city council went through with the PG sitting fald kind of thing, sort of you wash my hand, I'll wash yours. You give me some campaign money and I'll be happy to try to get your project through. Is that Is that the kind of the relationship you're suggesting.
Speaker 4: No, this is far worse.
Speaker 3: This was far worse in my opinion, because this went through a process over the course of two years where everybody, everybody but Denise and Rumkie wanted.
Speaker 4: These rules implemented.
Speaker 3: Remember, in nineteen eighty the federal government gave every county the authority to have rules to regulate land sills in a safe manner. Hamilton County is the only one who never passed any rules. Now, part of this was because Rumki was on the committee that oversees Rumki in the county. Since nineteen eighty we had eight people on our committee when the law said you can only have seven. The eighth member was Bill Rumky himself. So the first thing I did in my research.
Speaker 4: Project was I told him, you either resign.
Speaker 3: From this seat or I'm going to take you to court.
Speaker 4: And make you resign.
Speaker 3: And they resigned, and Denise was defending them. Then later on we found out the other person on the committee is a paid consultant of Rumky.
Speaker 4: So the guy Rumky paid.
Speaker 3: Tony Depuccio to help them with special projects was sitting on the committee that makes the rules for landfills and had a direct conflict of interest. Now, what Denise did you was canned three other members of the committee who voted for the rules. Tony Depuccio was against them, and Denise was against them, but she kept Tony Depuccio wanted to keep Rumky and canned three other people who voted for the rules, but it still went forward, was approved by the commissioners, and it was really weird.
Speaker 4: U Joe Dieters.
Speaker 3: He took a lot of money from him too. John Cranley took twenty five thousand when he was in office and then removed a woman named Sue Mangus from the committee who had voted for these rules, for us to have rules for the first time in county history when everybody else has had him for decades.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not discounting. You're trying to connect the dots on that. There may certainly be Shenanigan's question though your group, you're these activists, whoever the folks are they mentioned? Did the dom greater Sin Sin community groups? Is here a club all the ones you mentioned? You proposed these rules, But isn't that like I guess I if I had any knowledge about, you know, managing landfills, I personally could have proposed something. What obligation did this committee have to adopt what you were proposing as opposed to something else.
Speaker 3: It went through a process where it was proposed, it was tweaked, it was worked on, and then they went to a vote, and when the majority votes to approve it, then the next step is it goes to the county commissioners. It went to the county commissioners and they voted and a majority voted to pay as it. Then Rumkie filed a really bogus lawsuit to try to stop the rules, and that's when Denise went into the back room and got it and took out all the protections for residents in order to I feel, did a campaign contribution and to make friends with people she overseas now.
Speaker 1: Is there any open meeting obligations going back to I'm trying to draw this parallel with the City of Cincinnati just because it sounds comparable in anyways. But you remember the Greg Landsman Gang of five kind of stuff. They were having these independent, off record meetings and violation of the open meetings rules and were held accountable for that. Is there something that Denise treet House may have violated by way of similar rules? Because I don't know what rules apply to the commissioner's activities behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure that she.
Speaker 3: I don't know that she violated a rule on negotiations because he was in a lawsuit. There are special rules, you know about secrecy you're allowed to have. But what Denise did was the Solid Waste Policy Committee, which is a county wide committee established by law, and they're the ones who actually proposed the rule.
Speaker 4: And passed it. They hired their own legal council.
Speaker 3: To shepherd their law through their rules through. Denise Treehouse refused to tell them anything about what was going on when the lawsuit was to stop the Solid Waste Committee from implementing rules and enforcing them. So there's a video I have. I went to every single meeting and online there's a video where that Sue Magnus, who represented the City of Cincinnati, is begging Denise to please just give her a copy of the legal opinion, and Denise refused to give her the legal copy. The administrator refused to even give the committee member serving the county a copy of a legal opinion that allowed her to gut these rules.
Speaker 1: Well, Carrie, never was produced, all right that I like transparency. That sounds like they're lacking transparency, So I support your efforts to get documents that are related to this, Carrie Davis. I guess this isn't the end of it, and we may be speaking more to the extent you find out more, and I guess as legal developments may happen. But I appreciate your joining the morning show and explaining what's going on in your perception of this, and transparency is always the default way to go in my mind. So Carrie, good luck with your efforts and we'll, I guess find out down the road how this thing shakes out. It's been good having you on the program.
Speaker 4: Happy Halloween to you, all right, Thank you, sugar pie.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Seven to fifty two fifty five krusty toxic. Never been called that before. That was very nice. US a intelation, an awesome product. It's a good Yeah. You know, Peter should bring my buddy from Keller Williams's Post City. What do you do to make your home more energy efficients? I just writted off a few things, one of which USA's premium foam. My whole attic is still with that, my brand new roof and they got as like eighteen inches of this foam, and that space up there is the exact same temperature as my house. I don't care what time of year you're up there. That is superior insulation. And that's not the only place we have USA as a sound deadening product. In between the bedroom walls in our house that was a late edition of the house because they had no insulation, and you know what dry walls like. You can hear what's going on in the next room. Draw your own conclusions. Not an issue in my house, and it hasn't been for years. But the primary reason you get USA's Premium foam in the exterior walls is to save you money and improve your comfort. Older homes and homes built before mid seventies could certainly benefit from the superior our value, highest our value foam on the market, injected into the exterior walls any kind of home, brick, brick on block, shingle, stucco siding. They've got you covered. Nobody knows they have been there, and you will know every month to get to your HVAC related energy bill, it will be lower. The product pays for itself and you're eligible makes you eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit. That's like taking twelve hundred dollars off the top. It's a free quote and free inspection. If you're under insulated, they'll tell you that. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one Foam Online USA Installation dot
Speaker 4: Net fifty five KRC