Speaker 1: My card of What's Romantic.
Speaker 2: About this by for the next two hours will be kid free. It'll be just like a time we lost them at the Monk that was the best Christmas ever four finger discount dude.
Speaker 3: Welcome to four figure discounts where this week we're here to do the review on another trilogy episode. I'm never usually a huge fan of these ones, but hey, what are you gonna do? It's love Springfield and style.
Speaker 4: I'm Dando and I'm guying. Yes, this was certainly an episode of The Simpsons.
Speaker 3: I've just got here inoffensive twenty minutes that I will probably never revisit. I've always said I'm never a fan of these trilogy episodes. They just they seem pointless to me. I know they I think Matt Someone now may meet and Matt Someone's a big fan of these. I like non candid episodes where they sort of trilogy woman, trilogy of error. Oh yes, loved episode right, twenty four minutes. Something a bit different, right, but it still feels like it's an episode. It's not three separate things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you've got these these kind of trilogy episodes, I feel like we've got an idea and we either can't flesh it out or we can't be as spleshing it out. I'm not about to say that. The guys at Simpson's HQ are like.
Speaker 3: Near enough is good and I'm so goob a filming that everyone can see what you just did. Then I like to think that you're you're you're an attractive yawner. I'll give you that.
Speaker 4: Get a lot of that. What's those subscribe those subscriptions like and subscribe, subscribe to my only fans, right, just do that?
Speaker 3: It probably the only fans out there were people just yawning. But we had friends I was about a month ago were talking about how apparently there's only fans where they show women lactating because she's just had a baby, right, And She's like, I can literally do an only fans and make a mint just by lactating on camera and apparently it's big money.
Speaker 4: Is she doing this?
Speaker 3: She's considered, like legitially considering it. What if we come to at the same.
Speaker 4: Time get the bag. But at the same time, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: I'm like, did Kenny is like? Mate? If she's bringing in that much money, I don't give a shit what she's there because she's like, you have to show my face.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just the titties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. I was like, I still beat picks are still weird. Yeah, it's odd.
Speaker 4: I think the Internet just allowed us, allowed that everyone to wave their freak flag high.
Speaker 3: Well, we found other freaks that like the same freaky ship. That's the thing. That's that's the thing, isn't it, and justifies in your head it's okay for me to like this shit because there's a million other people who like it as well.
Speaker 4: We could go deep, deep around while I think we're talking about this to avoid talking about love, spring, freeding, and style, which quite in.
Speaker 3: The parts of the time. It's kind of a nothing burger. I mean, it's not like I disliked this. I just got to the end and went see with these trilogy episode is right. The problem is that it just feels like they've got source material and they just put the Simpsons characters in there. Sure, there's some tweaks here and there, there's some jokes, but for the most part, it's just retelling a story.
Speaker 4: Are there though? I Mean I'm trying. By the end of the episode, I was trying. I was struggling to remember what's the first part of oh, the Bonny and Clyde thing? And I could not remember. I mean, I suppose there were gags in there, but none that really sort of power home or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Lot. Do you know this was actually rated like higher than normal episodes because of the do you mean like chocolate being drugs, shooting of Bonny and Clyde, because it's you see them getting shit if there's no blood, I mean, like not quality wise as in later. Yeah. So apparently in the UK this was the equivalent of Weakened at Burns's when Homer's on marijuana, So that add this. I like the way they use the chocolate here as a way to sort of get around that.
Speaker 4: I don't have a lot of favorite moments from this episode when I'm going to jump right ahead to that, but if I do have a favorite moment is probably like, Okay, that's a decent workaround if you are going to do Sid and Nancy, and they did so Nancy pretty faithfully to the best of my recollection. I mean that that's not a bad spit on it.
Speaker 3: That's the positive here too, is that we talked about how The Simpsons introduces kids, in particular to things of pop culture that you might not have been love. For example, what I always go to is rolling down the stairs, like Indiana Jones right as a kid, you're watching that going or you're of the eighties or them. You were a kid at the time, Well what you were? How old were you? Were You ten? I need, we were fifteen when the movie came out, right, Indiana Jones was ten one, I would yeah, so yeah, you're right in the whelhouse, so you knew what it was. But like kids are the nineties, we might not have discovered Indiana Jones yet, but you knew that's a thing, right, and then you realized, oh it's Indiana Jones. Yes, and you've got the idea and.
Speaker 4: You old, yeah, you've got the older sibling or the cool kid next door, and said, I think.
Speaker 3: That you think that's good? I my mate Meetia, who I mentioned all the time of the podcast. You're gonna Darren as well. But over Day and his older brother had the Mad magazines of course, yeah, and I was just like, I've never seen these magazine before. We had a whole stack on them, and my meat he would read them and he always felt like he was the cookie because he had the older brother who was into cool shit.
Speaker 4: Well, of course, yeah, I mean that's one of the great Look. I am not an older sibling to anyone, but I mean I've been an uncle, and I like to think that I've passed on the pop culture wisdom. You were the people who were coming up.
Speaker 3: But my point anyway, was that I feel like this that segment at least introduced kids potentially to punk, rock, sex, pistols, that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, also to the film Bonnie and Clyde or the first one, yeah, yeah, yeah, or two Lady in the Tram.
Speaker 3: I think most I've never seen Letting in the Tramp can I think I have, but it was when I was a lot younger.
Speaker 4: Likewise, because something I've written down here, I'm sorry to be jumping ahead, but do you think anyone remembers anything from Lady in the Tramp other than the spaghetti kids.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you anything.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you anything about it either, but I know that they're enjoying a romantic meal at the back of an Italian restaurant and they both had the same signbitty strand they end up kissing. How delightful it's been It's been meaned and mimicked and parodied and lovingly honored in so many things, amages everywhere. I can't tell you a single fucking thing. It's not laid in the tram Bambi.
Speaker 3: I don't remember Watch of a Bambiystept for the fact that the mum gets shot at the start.
Speaker 4: I know, I mean, I could pick it, you know, an image from Bambi pretty easily, But like, what's the story? Yeah, you know, Bambi's um gets killed by hunter and then stuff happens.
Speaker 3: So the kids. The kids watched it about a year ago, and I went, oh, Bamby grows up at the end and becomes like this big. I also, Babby was a girl, right, I was like, I wait, no, ship, Bambi's Oh he's a big stallion. He's a big deal now. Oh not a stand a deer, you know, big antlers, Like he's going to be running the show now, he's a big grown, fully grown den.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, ship, and his name is Bambi. Yeah, which do you know any men named Bambi.
Speaker 3: He's not Bamby Bamby, Okay, it's Clared Rambo. I guess he's a Rambo The Deer World.
Speaker 4: It's a long stretch down. I'm glad you made it. I have your feeling stretched as a result. But you're right, yes, it does pay tribute to a few things that may you may have that person in your life. Hey, you know that's based on and then you introduced a ten year old kid to sit in Nancy Scart them for life.
Speaker 3: I guess it is three completely different versions of love stories as well.
Speaker 4: That's look, I'm not saying that no thought went into this and that no effort went into this, but it's not something that really stuck with me. I mean, look, five minutes after watching.
Speaker 3: This, I was like, oh, yeah, that's something that happened.
Speaker 4: But I would be if I didn't take notes, so I didn't write this stuff down, I'd be hard press to tell you what happened.
Speaker 3: I'd love a twenty two short films about Springfield. Start episode on Valentine's Day in Springfield. I liked the first minute of this where it was just everyone celebrating their love for each other.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that was actually pretty cute.
Speaker 3: This would have been a good story in itself, just Springfield on Valentine's.
Speaker 4: Dayah, the whole cheap, a very sweet and funny moment. I think the Clancy and Sarah relationship might be low key one of my favorites. They just they just get each other. I love it.
Speaker 3: But pretending up on the phone, thank you, Sarah, but the gun then, but just look at him like, oh oh, but to see that. There's an episode of Valentine's episode actually where a poo makes everybody else look bad because he's got all the gifts of Manjula, right, I'm aware of that. Yes, Now at the end, they have the sky writing and it comes up like a little star and everyone mistakes it for their own like pupping fresh.
Speaker 4: Clancy Sarah Loki cool couple, hug a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, it just feels like she is like the rock behind him because he being is an idiot, right, but he's seen some ship in his job and he's got a tough gig. Comes home, Sarah does she's the rock.
Speaker 4: Indeed she is.
Speaker 5: Do that.
Speaker 4: Let me give you a little peek behind the curtain. What happens at four Finger Discount Industries today. We were going to record a couple of episodes back to back. We were going to do the next episode of our show TV Launch pot, Yeah you can do the shield and yeah, we're going to talk about the pilot of the shield.
Speaker 3: But with the Bang, I was like, what a time capsule, but the perfect the perfect song for that moment, perfect song for that moment. It's like, Okay, my name is kid, my name is Big.
Speaker 4: I think we can all agree the kid rock kind of sucks, but at that particular moment in time perfect couldn't go ask for anything matter. I'm trying to remember the name of Vic Mackie's wife. Is that Cassie? No, that's his daughter.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, we'll get to that.
Speaker 4: When we get to that talk about getting raised a little higher, you might want to put on the.
Speaker 3: It gets into the blue. I'm just imagining Wickham as like Vic mack just looking in.
Speaker 4: Let's not go there, let's not go there, and anyway, but yes, a good relationship. I like them very much, and I like that to start very much. That was that was good, And there were good snippets, bits and pieces throughout this, but overall.
Speaker 3: The generalist, it's just really place names here and they're throwing the occasional sort of Oh that's the simpsonized version of this moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I get the feeling you know, at season nineteen there they probably picked up on a lot of the things that early adopters and just longtime fans of the show have realized. It's like, oh, this can be an introduction to other forms of pop culture, you know, you know what's really good about the same they teach you about, like Susan Kine or Albert Hitchcock or this or this or this. And they were kind of like, oh, well, now we've got responsibility, let's do something on Bonnie and Clyde, you know, a pole movie of New Hollywood. I mean, except didn't really do a whole lot with it.
Speaker 3: Granted, I know more about the Bonnie and Clyde story now and Side Nancy and before this episode from a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I.
Speaker 3: Don't know the exact details, but I know the gist of the story now, and yeah, your.
Speaker 4: Interests might be peaked just enough that you'd be like, I go rent Sid Nancy, like to track down Bonnie and Clyde watch Lady in the Tramp.
Speaker 3: Probably not. I actually did some research on Side Nancy after watching something like well that's probably what it was set out to achieve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, they were very faithful to that to that movie in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Fun fact, you know, Homer was another name considered for the character of Tramp in Lady in the.
Speaker 4: Tramp Really, so it might have been like Lady in the Homer.
Speaker 3: Well, his name isn't Tramp though he is a.
Speaker 4: See That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So let's don't know anything other than let's look up the Lady in the Train, Lady and the Tramp, right did that? By the way, did you know they did a live action version of that film? Have they?
Speaker 6: Or yeah?
Speaker 3: They actually did do it. It's a Disney plus. I was like, when the fuck did this come out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there was that real run of like, let's live action everything, a live action animation everything. There's an actress in it named Kissy Clemens, who I like, I think she was in like Justice League. She was Barry Allen's girlfriend, Flash's girlfriend or something. Oh, because I was like, oh, yeah, they're going to make that too, And turns out they actually made it. What's the one they haven't made yet? They're going to do it like.
Speaker 3: A Mona because potentially yeah, the Arista cats. Oh really yeah, okay, just CJ CAATs me directed by Questlove. I'm just looking up here though, So Tramp is just his name Larry Roberts as Tramp among girls because uh well, and lady was Lady and the Tramp. I see her name is actually lady. He nicknames Lady Pig, but he's not a pigeon. But he's the.
Speaker 4: Tramp or a tramp.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. Lady and the Tramps, I thought.
Speaker 4: Doesn't he's a street dog, doesn't have no owner, so he doesn't have anyone giving him a slave name.
Speaker 3: But apparently Homer was Lady in the Homer.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: That's what I said on Wikipedia. Anyway, did this to be wrong?
Speaker 4: You've got the font of all knowledge up. Did the song Lady in the Tramp come first?
Speaker 3: Or did the movie? Let's look it up? So let no, because it's not Lady in the Tramps. The Lady is a tramp.
Speaker 4: Forget, I forget.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is that song? I've known that song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why the Lady is a Tramp.
Speaker 3: It was released in nine to fifty five to box office success. It was the first animated film to be filmed in the cinescope widescreen film process, as well as Disney's first animated film to be distributed by their Buenifsta division following their split from RKO Radio Pictures.
Speaker 4: Ah when When all right?
Speaker 3: So anyway, okay, that's enough, band pre ample my favorite favorite moments in an episode. You said didn't have many, But.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I liked the heroin equals chocolate thing or chocolate equals heroine.
Speaker 3: Not a bad D transposition. And it tells kids don't eat chocolate. It's bad for your kids.
Speaker 4: They're not had a bit of a talk about chocolate off Mike beforehand, and I.
Speaker 3: Was on the dark chocolate. I'm just say, yeah, we're gonna beat chcolate. I want chocolate, Well yeah, I mean, don't treat yourself. Treat yourself.
Speaker 4: I'm being a late night sophistic a having like a real lipple whiskey on ice and a square of dark chocolates.
Speaker 3: In a white Russian. It's called the Cope. I've reade an interview with Jeff which is recently where he's like, I went to that film, think it's going to be a huge success, and people just didn't get it, man, But they did get it. Jeff, He's like it wasn't. It wasn't successful. People just didn't get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's got a tail, It's got a long tail. Yeah, Labowski.
Speaker 3: But it's like at the time though, it's like, yeah, it's still it's got longevity. But nineteen ninety wouldn't that movie went ninety eight? Yes, it's like notin only eight Jeff Bridges won success. Then he doesn't get twenty years from then.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite stories about my my man John Carpenter. How you know, I think he had like the other horror film, the only other horror filmmaker, the filmmaker Gimel del Toro, sitting down with the dinner and not saying, you know what, the thing such a great movie. Nobody saw it nine onely two. What's good to do me?
Speaker 3: Now? Is That's what I mean? Because as we know, j C just loves that. It loves that money. Humans love money.
Speaker 4: Well, that's true, that's why they call it money. So yeah, I like to heroin egling chocolates. And this is probably a common prank, or at least a prank that happens more often than not. But putting the jello into the into the tunnel of love river.
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't work because Jello takes forever to set.
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 3: But I was like, as a visual gag, this works as as a stanist and I think this works.
Speaker 4: Let me point out the fluors.
Speaker 3: I know this because Elliott wants me to make red Jelly fro him lately and we put it in the fridge and five minutes later is like, is it ready yet? I'm like, it's not ready yet, and now that is ready. It's not ready, it says overnight. It isn't like when you wake up it to be ready. It's like, but I want to now. I know we all want it now, so you'reself complaining, but no, Jelly takes a long time to.
Speaker 4: Set, very much a child of the twenty first century.
Speaker 3: I want it now, Yes, I want it now. I don't know what I want, but I want it now. You're raising a little Varica salt. I liked the what do you chip mean for? I co operated? It's a sex thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I get it. If you've never seen Bonnie and Clyde the na which I think is nineteen sixty eight or so, Warren Beatty and Faye done Away. Good movie, classic movie. Yeah, it's got a lot of yeah, weird sexual underpinnings with their crime spree.
Speaker 3: Whenever you see a male and a female in a duo like criminals, it's always that they're the new Body and Clyde, aren't.
Speaker 4: They pretty much? Yeah, and the gun is usually a pattern that that that vibe of couples being criminals. I'm sure there were, you know, criminal couples before that, but Bonnie and Clyde, it celebrated. Yeah, came along at the right time where it's like the.
Speaker 3: Right time, the right time to rob banks and people. Others were before, way before that time. The world wasn't ready for him yet. Correct. Oh man, I like the fancy fleas to get a cottage in the west leg. Well, the fleas are fleeing. It just reminded me of the a flying Okay, that's one of my one of my favorite go to images. Now share it all the time. Yeah, it we're just home with the monicle his gag.
Speaker 4: Looking is there when they say vintage Homer or classic Homer or they.
Speaker 3: Say that something something like that, Oh yeah, classic right, classic Home. I'm going to look it up now on Frankiak I'm gonna get the guys that make f on the show because they have saved me a lot of time, saved a lot of people of time. So what is it? Slipped it in? Slipped gag? That should find it right, pure hilarity, pure Homer.
Speaker 4: Pure But I'm pretty sure there's another one that classic Homer.
Speaker 3: That's how classic home into happens. Classic Homer, great audio. This is uh, that's anything here? No, okay, but pure Homer probably is pure Homer, and I just change it.
Speaker 4: Did my thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you put a clock, thank you, you got it just right, Officer Otto as well? Happy to be of service? What did I've never heard? I've married to an english woman, been to England numerous times, heard anyone say the term old bean? But why does anyone who doesn't live in England just to shoot that they say old bean? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've never heard old bean outside.
Speaker 3: Of happy to be of service? Old bean?
Speaker 4: Well, you got Google? Do you want to look up what old bean mean?
Speaker 3: I can't be bothered. I also really enjoyed how much Matt was enjoying Saturday Night, But the basically roll was absolutely do what Nate?
Speaker 4: You know how there are certain songs that are very popular at sporting events, and one of them is is it rock and roll by Gary g Litter?
Speaker 3: That's the that's the one of it's. People still like the song, but like he was a bad guy the song.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: There are certain things that it was made recently. Joker down the Stairs. That's what it's known for now.
Speaker 4: Of course. Yeah, but yeah, they'd also play it when a half time at the footio is. Yeah. As far as I can tell, none of the Basicity rollers have touched up any kids like that, so yeah, so they're probably you know, safe. Yeah, let's reclaim a do you? What do you what? It's great sing along doing.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Martin was having a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Martin was having a great time.
Speaker 3: Next question, you there eating the baste trivia time?
Speaker 4: It is indeed trivia time. You want me to go first? Would you like?
Speaker 3: No questions here? So yeah, eat me your first?
Speaker 4: How about I go first? Okay? During the Bond in Clyde's segment, we see a bunch of bubble heads. What does the Flanders one say?
Speaker 3: It's like a.
Speaker 4: It's basically well, what's Alicia Silverstone's best known movie?
Speaker 3: For me? Isn't she? Batman and Robin God damn it. What the fuck she met me?
Speaker 4: Robin or she's she's bat girl in Batman?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, damn. But I was like, I was like, holy ship, Alicia Silverstone, wasn't She's not clueless smoke shot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, clueless. So that's I'm giving you.
Speaker 3: The far Yeah, yes, it's clueless. I know the words down my tongue. It starts with you, right, accomplice, This is complice, Yes, clueless accomplice.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: My first question for you will be what holiday is when we're going to it? Is Clyde going to return to see his dad? I'll see you at oh because because you could have giving Thanksgiving? Yes, indeed, which.
Speaker 4: Cartoon character is the star of Tier one of trouble?
Speaker 3: Say again?
Speaker 4: Which they're in? They're in a movie theater. They're watching the racist cartoon prior to the main feature.
Speaker 3: The cartoon is gractually a sensitive cartoon.
Speaker 4: I was like, even, I'm just scratched about that.
Speaker 3: The only reason I put this in there is to put something that's racially insensitive into your show and get away with it. I think.
Speaker 4: Just to have the.
Speaker 3: Racist ship now show, let's just do it, and then you.
Speaker 4: Give yourself the escape batch even am my friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, we knowledge that it's insensitive.
Speaker 4: But still you're gonna laugh out about it. No idea, Uh, Robbie Robin would Packie Robin.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, My next question for you will be, um, let's see if you're paying attention to my favorite moments where they got a cottage the fleas, we're taking a cottage in the west hind quarters, west leg basically the same thing. He just fancied it up behind quarters, as.
Speaker 4: One should when you're talking about Lady Bitington, which leads into my next tripod question. Who was Lady Bitington's partner?
Speaker 3: I don't know, chompere, chompere, fancy voice like fancy rich kid voices or whatever you know?
Speaker 4: Father, may we dadd it?
Speaker 3: Please? Father? Please?
Speaker 4: Dad it please?
Speaker 3: And day did the film shopping we just reviewed. He comes to the neighborhood on going down the South Park and.
Speaker 4: Had one of our favorite things, fancy voices from our friends Parker and Studie.
Speaker 3: Voices, snooty voices, speaky ghosts as.
Speaker 4: Well, spooky ghosts snooty voices.
Speaker 3: Yes, two of our favorite things.
Speaker 4: That's all the trivia.
Speaker 3: I go all right, I'll find one more question for you. What do they give what nickname do they give Lisa? In the final segment, Oh, she's an American rhymes the two words. Oh, what would you normally call Lisa? She's a well, she's a bookworm American. What does Homer call the guy when he yells out the car at the college? Nerd? She's an American nerd bird, nerd bird. Yes, American ned bird.
Speaker 4: We got there, we got their thanks to you because I did not answer any of that.
Speaker 3: He's going to save us from this segment. Stone cut stone cutters. Yes, in particular Katie g with her one hundred dollar support. Thank you so much, Katie. We love you here at four thinker this.
Speaker 4: Gn we do and do Katie, thank you all the regular what well American friends called the sea notion.
Speaker 3: I believe you pay for our shopping because Dan.
Speaker 4: Doing Gabby shutting food.
Speaker 3: That's pretty much it.
Speaker 4: He said that, Dan, I just got like stuff, you know, well, I mean you're you've got packages that arrived in.
Speaker 3: The Blue Bays.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like six dollars for one and eight for the other. So live in the heart. Art Andrews, with his fifty dollars support also paying for some of us shopping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, Andrew, look, we give Katie g your props and deservedly so. She's great.
Speaker 3: Andrews half is great, but still pretty great. Aliot gets snack packs in these lunchbox because of Andrews. A Kenn pays for the essentials. Yeah, and Andrews pays for the little bonus extras each week.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Andrews, and thank you to everybody else whose names were about to read it. WHI and when I say us, I mean Zach Pru Andrew Swan. Of course part of the four thing of this scanteam well one edits one puts us on the socials, Yes, exactly right, Well not their website whenever we have problems with our website.
Speaker 3: Now Discord Andrews wants is at to save the day. Swannye yes and speaking of saving the day, Jordan mol Man, Richie, Jonathan Rossi Reached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn DV, Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells, and Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dental Planned Flood, Shannon Hofa, Bala Winderback, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, b Adrick McLeod Lewis Kavanagh, much be Even Reese, Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Presto, Murray, to Lee and Riquez, Jape, Masato, Deck and Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe reiden Sec, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavinlan and Damie Miller. Thank you for being top tier Stonecutter supporters of ours on Patreon at four figure discount.
Speaker 4: Thank you so very much. All.
Speaker 3: Let's get into our view of love Springfield in style. Original edit was February seventh, three days after Valentine's Day in two thousand and eight. What we do for Valentine's Day in two thousand and eight, I would have been Madi dal in university, would have been doing something somewhere.
Speaker 4: I had to bring the mood down. But two thousand and eight, that's probably getting divorced.
Speaker 3: Oh ship, moving along, you asked? Production code kab F zero five, written by Don Payne, directed by Raymond s Percy Cash gag. Each family member rushes into the living room and attaches themselves to a giant sized baby mobile. Baby Yeah, is it mobile or mobile mobile? I think yeah? Mobile is a car?
Speaker 4: Right? I think a mobile, mobile, automobile. Yeah, and then there's the thing that hangs over the baby's crib mobile. Mobile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not say mobile is a car? Right? No?
Speaker 4: Tell mobile is a car? Mobile?
Speaker 3: Is the thing mobile? Or is it? No mobile? You say automobile or automobile? Automobile. That's weird. It's like garage garage, say garage, garage, garage, Yeah, garage or garage. Oh hell, we've got this again. It'scause I live with Nicola and she says words wrong so frequently that I start copying her. She says she speaks English in English because she says garage. Now, it's just it's weird, right in the garage. Come on. But now, but if you ask me, how do you say garage? I'm in the garage, but garage if it's it's weird. It's slightly different, but it's very different as well. It's not quite Caribbean Caribbean. So I'm going in my automobile automobile mobile, and then mobile is mobile? Phone? Yeah? Cares, But we've given you two minutes of content. Everybody strike those off. Okay, good. The episode kicks off, and as I was saying, I liked the start of this with just Springfield on Valentine's Day, people enjoying each other's company. Well, Smither's not there so much with mister Burns has released the hounds on the on the candies. I never had those candies on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: No, they sort of chalky little numbers.
Speaker 3: The kids sometimes get these, like the bracelet things with the eat them off, and I'm just like, none of this is tasty. Why are we It's just hard sugar. You just have some dark chocolate and whiskey at the end of the night, like your power guy. Yeah why not?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But yeah, basically so Homer and Marge. He takes it to the carnival and at first I'm thinking, oh you dick it now, oh two hours kid free, very smart move.
Speaker 4: Dando can relate.
Speaker 3: I can relate. Indeed, just like the time they lost the kids at the More, that was the best Christmas ever. So they go on the Tunnel of Love. What kind of tunnel of love was this? Speaking ghosts? I think that's meant to be the gig that they've repurposed, the ghost train. There you go, Okay, just because it's Valentine's Day, they're just and carnies are cheap. All their what's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 4: Clever?
Speaker 3: Well, I completely miss that. Thanks for explaining it to me.
Speaker 4: I don't think they actually say that out.
Speaker 3: Loud, but most people will have the common sense to realize two and two together.
Speaker 4: Indeed, yeah, you did it, and they came up with a fraction.
Speaker 3: But they're enjoying themselves and she's getting spooked and what's a cuddle and Whatnot's all working out well? Bar says he wants to ruin their funk because he thinks if they keep kissing it'll lead to the stalk and the baby.
Speaker 4: Is clearly uninformed the idea of.
Speaker 3: How babies are me haven't that's sexual education yet, even though.
Speaker 4: Well Lisa seems pretty uh. But I think Lisa doesn't that mus fuzzy bunny. She's faking it, I know. I think Bart's got a short attention span and picked up the wrong lesson somewhere along line, and they stuck.
Speaker 1: Mom and dad are in there when they're ruined their fun bike. No, it's Valentine's Day, Okay, the dad kiss his mom too much, a stroke will lay an angel egg and her tummy and the next thing, you know, we find a baby brother in the cabbage patch. Here's a thumbnail sketch in the first place, Do whatever you want. I'm getting a candy apple.
Speaker 3: So he puts jello in the water, makes it all go hard and it turns into jello. That's not the only thing that happened in the Turner of Love, if you know what I mean. I don't know what I mean. I think you're supposed to say, that's the other thing didn't got that went hard? That wasn't the only thing that went hard. Is that what you're trying to say, though, isn't that what I said? You said, that's not the only thing that happened in the Tunnel of Love. Well, I thought i'd throw that through hard in there. Okay, well you probably did.
Speaker 4: You think that's bad.
Speaker 3: But the riot stops as a result. The witch keeps coming out and scaring them, and the guy says, you're going to be charged extra for your time here on the ride. Have you been stopped on a ride on an amusement right?
Speaker 4: Not to my recollection, No, not in a way that's so traumatic that actually stuck in my memory.
Speaker 3: Happened to us. I've told this, I've definitely told this on the podcast at some point. But parts of the Caribbean, Parts of the Caribbean, however you want to say.
Speaker 4: That's something I was about to sort of when I mentioned that earlier, because it's an American movie, and now American friends tend to say I'm after the Caribbean. Well that rich American friends when they've had But I never saw an American trailer for the Johnny Depp franchise Parts of the Caribbean. But I wonder if they said Pirates of the Caribbean, the Curse of the Black Pearl.
Speaker 3: Caribbean's just easier to say in a Caribbean, Caribbean, Parts of the Caribbean. It's a tongue twister Caribbeans and the world goes to parts of the Caribbean.
Speaker 4: It's such aluminum and aluminum forget about it, trash can it's a different word.
Speaker 3: The guy I was on that ride right, yes, the very start of the ride at disney Land, so the visual one in in Anaheim, it's sort of it's just like I like the Love Tunnel right here, it's the love rope go through at the start there's like this skull. I think it was like a pirate whatever it was like a head before you go down the first little drop and it goes dort Man, tell no tales, and then you go down right, it's pretty spooky. So we're on the ride, and then the ride stops at that one point. So we sat there for about an hour hearing dirt Man tell no tis that skull run the skull. I would if I could have reached it. I'm just like, oh shit, I heard at least a hundred times. I reckon, dird Man, tell no tales. Look at least turn this fucking thing off.
Speaker 4: You're going to be charged for this.
Speaker 3: But we waited like an hour to go to the ride. I wasn't that interested, but it was one of those things where we MAT's like, you're gonna try it, you know, because at least you can say you went on the parts of the Caribbean. Right. I'm like, okay, whatever, it's the original ride. Okay, we get there after all that waiting, that's the very start of the ride to do it stops. I was like, no, oh, sweet Jesus sweet. But basically this is where Homer starts telling the story about Bonnie and Clyde because they've got to kill some time. So clead Us invites Marge to your Bonnie to a picture show. He said, you won't misbehave. She says she wants action, action action.
Speaker 4: Indeed, by the way, before we launch into the Bonnie and Clyde story, I think he's talking about, or maybe Marge's talking about. Oh, she wants to hear certain love stories and brimming with the romance and love that last through the ages, and one of them is Branjelina.
Speaker 3: Oh that didn't age o that age well at all. No, that's right. Yeah, will you.
Speaker 4: Hear about the sort of the pit jolly.
Speaker 3: I've made much about it for a long time. To be honest, it.
Speaker 4: Just sounded like bad news for one another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just felt like a pr stunt of anything. And then just so diep we cake it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but look, you can do your own googling on Branjelina if you're like. But I just want to bring it up because suddenly I like gossip and I'm a little bitch.
Speaker 3: Yes, well we all know this, do you. I feel like you'd be a gossip girl.
Speaker 4: Fan, right, No, but I am a gossip girl.
Speaker 3: You are a gossip girl. Yes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So.
Speaker 3: That was kind of like, so that was that was like the Sex and the City for like teens, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 3: So? Yeah, yeah, we're talking about saucy stuff anyway. So Homer is Clyde saucy saucy. Homer is Clyde Marge's bunny. They meet. She basically says, the only way I'm gonna get horny is if you do illegal ship. So Homer, he holds up the feed store with it, breaks Tommy guns store, get the Tommy gun out, shoots and up turns out that grandpa's the owner, He co owns that store. Didn't do it anyway. Then they have Oats Texas caviat and he realizes violences are only turned on. Maybe there's others. Lets you figured it out? Violence?
Speaker 4: It is, yeah, plush if you dive a little deeper into the bonding in Clyde story, Clyde Barron, maybeen gay, possible, possibly impotent?
Speaker 3: Why are you shooting at us? We cooperated fully, it's just text thing. Say no more. Then Flanners picks them up. So was there a clueless assailing to the well?
Speaker 4: In the Bonny Club movie, they have like their getaway driver who was apparently like a third party in the Bonnie and Clyde. Yeah, they also took some hostages or occasionally had people along for the ride, as just the people along for the ride. The the accomplice in the movie is not really as clueless as Flanders. I think they just wanted to wedge Flanders in there. Okay, it's a nicer mustache. They did fancied up a little bit. But he says he's going to help them. He drives them away, and then the news report about how they're all being embraced by the town. There's bubble has there's a radio show with George Burns, George Burns and Allen George and Gracie. Yep, that's that's that's just how well, certainly.
Speaker 3: Because George Burns is Burns, his older brother remember in the Bob episode. Oh that's right. Yeah, But then Flanders realizes that the marriage is going to turn them in the sheriff. Mean, while I was there watching the movie as well as like, I want to watch his insensitive cartoon which serves absolutely no purpose except the fact that it's racially insensitive, and want to put on the Simpsons.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, there's just Mexican food will exit your system. Fairly quickly and oh yeah yeah, and also make and also kids will use you as a pinata, because that's what the Mexican people, that's all they do, that's their pastime. Even though I'm disgusted about that.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Flanders pulls them over, do something in the bushes or whatever, and the cops just shoot them. There's no blood and they're having a conversation as they're being shot to death, saying she wants to see other people because he's not exciting enough for anymore. She's works Wigham the cop. And that's prettynce the end of the episode, end of the segment.
Speaker 4: That's the end, Yeah, the end of the film. Bonnie and Clyde. Spoiler for Bonnie and Clyde. They both get shot by the cops, but in a way that was unprecedented in American cinema, and like, wow, they really shouldn't they shoot.
Speaker 3: Out of these people kind of like Godfather a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like when, yeah, when Sanny gets killed on the Causeway. Bonnie and Clyde is the precursor to.
Speaker 3: That one of them in film. Right. I feel like moments that hit me almost harder than others are the moment just before someone realizes their fucked, like Peshi good Fellaws, but he gets in. It's like, ah, I was like a.
Speaker 4: Ship share, shut me in the head, have a Loane ramp, but I won't do that. Yeah, tough break for Tommy to Vito and good Fellas.
Speaker 3: Like the moment I then realized, like imagine that movie, like ah shit, they tucked out of this. Among the nerds.
Speaker 4: Of say film Twitter, there's there's a prompt question that always goes around, and I was like, we've already done this one.
Speaker 3: Stop doing this. But you know, I would always gets engaged a new thing. Now is so and so doing something a thread? Thread?
Speaker 4: But this one, this one in particularly, was like what is the best? Oh, I'm dead and I know it's seen, and it's always Jeff Daniels.
Speaker 3: In Speed, Yes, yeah, before the explosion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we already know that.
Speaker 3: I've seen it like two or three times. It's always that one. It's always I want to do one saying a thread of people saying a thread, thread.
Speaker 4: And little threads sport social media. It's good in some ways, terrible.
Speaker 3: In others, but basically they come back to commercial. They're still shirt shooting. I guess the jokes have been shooting through the commercial break. That's what happened in the film, the excessive shooting. But they're shooting the birds that are pecking at their bodies. Margin tells the story of Shady and the Vamp. And Shady is Homer. It's playing in the yard. No, sorry, Shady is lady. Sorry, she's playing in the yard. Imagine what you look like a color off. I was like, yeah, okay, I see you're going for that. This is what it is. Yes, but she's too fancy for him, you know, even if fleas are more what's the term the mo dog uses, Oh, I feel a class for us up a crust whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lady Bitington, will you be summering in the hime quarters again this year?
Speaker 4: No, champion, I have taken a cottage in West Leg.
Speaker 3: It's where all the fleas are fleeing, just the fancy fleas there taking the cottage in the West Leg. The fleas are fleeing Homer, who puts his name in here, vamp. I guess he's he's a vampire. He takes her flowers and a bone that he digs up.
Speaker 4: Unless he's Shady.
Speaker 3: No, Shady is the lady is that her actual name shady is Yeah, because they say say shady, one.
Speaker 4: Would accuse the vamp, one would assume the vamp is the woman. Yeah, I mean sorry being a terrible gender sense.
Speaker 3: Because I've got here, that's why. And his and his behavior is shady. Yes, yeah, because I'm pretty sure they say shady. Shady was saying Daddy, Ley say daddy, let's have a look at this. I was gonna make sure you get this right. Shows how much why the writers didn't paintually ripped on pain. Vamp is Marge, Shady is Homer. Yes, there we go. Yeah, glad we settled that. But the kids going out of gate interrupted Homer floating with her, He says, oh, she said, what can I do for you at dinner? The dog serves no purpose and it's I guess there was. Was there a friend in the film that was just like really, like I.
Speaker 4: Said, do I know anything about lady in the dream the spaghetti kiss?
Speaker 3: None? Nothing? The way dog wants to come to do you want someone one of the dogs wearing a black on their head so we can check them out why they're not realizing or something. I thought it so I wouldn't see him ah, okay or maybe who knows. But Luigi then brings food out to Shady and vamp out, and this is basically just the iconic scene what everyone remembers. As you're saying, yeah, I like the hope, the twists, Homer sucking her head into his mouth like other spaghetti. Yes, you're pretty fasty for an upper class bitch. Again, it felt like I was trying to be a bit naughty in this episode, didn't it? And I had to explain it. Oh, I love to use a technical term for a female dog, just in case parents got a bit annoyed because the kids see, I feel like classic Simpsons would have just left it a bitch. They wouldn't have explained it. They would have had the balls to go no, no, no, yeah, and they can if you complain, then you're the idiot. Yes yeah, but no they explained it. They've done the damn it. They made themselves the idiot. Then the health and space to arrive in Paul Luigi. Why didn't he's listen to his mama, Just serve the pits, serve people. Yes, uh, vamp is now on heat, which is the safest time, right, Yeah? Sure, And as we get a pan out there. There was a couple sitting in the car in the shadows. I thought, is that in the marsh was a particular shot in Lady in the Tramp Again, why you keep asking me, But you're the movie man, you're the movie guard. Yeah, but Waiting the Tramp probably someone was like six years old and that was a long long dame. Again. Yeah, no film that reminds me of that. The Wizard of Oz. I I've said it a hundred times. I can probably remember like maybe four or five key scenes. I have to rewatch it.
Speaker 4: But I think you can say that about a lot of movies, and all even the great ones. I don't think you can remember. There are some that you remember seeing the scene to scene to see it, but that they're the ones that are probably your personal favorites. But I think you think you think about the classics, it's like, oh, it's a movie where that happens, and that happens, and that happens, like there's maybe fifty other.
Speaker 3: And as you're watching it, you're like, oh, this happens too. It's quite the classic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was a terrific surprise. You know, you readsits, say, Godfather partos.
Speaker 3: Like oh, yeah, this happens that read Yeah, so she wakes up feeling well, Homer Bales, It's like, I don't want no part of this shady Bales. Marge is now heavily pregnant, and they sing a song Any minute now, I'll watch the song any minute now. I thought this must have been a song from the movie, but I looked it up. It's not.
Speaker 4: It's just is it something that they created especially for this episode? Because I saw in the end it was written by Don Payne and yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: And I'll watch the song.
Speaker 1: Any minute now.
Speaker 6: You'll scamper through that doggy door.
Speaker 2: Any minute now, I'll be the dog she's looking for.
Speaker 5: Any minute now, you'll be spoo well now she scrolled.
Speaker 3: Horn kills me to trusting.
Speaker 2: But you and nose keys, I wanted you the writing.
Speaker 3: Come on with all this high class talori.
Speaker 6: When you start, Yes, any minute now, I won't care about my heart any man.
Speaker 3: I felt the feeling i'd heard any minute now. I talked Disney any minute now or was it I type Simpsons anything?
Speaker 4: Because it feels like like a girl group song Any minute now, like a Motown or Phil Spector or something like that Disney Any minute Now about to google, let's see it comes out. No, it's all just Simpsons, not even just Disney. I mean just put in any minute now song song and see if it comes up with something other than Simpson.
Speaker 3: Well looked up the any minute Now on the Simpsons wiki and doesn't say it's a tribute to anything. It's just a song that was written for this episode. The music was written by Don Payton and Alf Clauson. Well, well done, you.
Speaker 4: Guys, because it's a catchy song and one that I thought was I hate to downplay it, but like an actual song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, nothing. I can't find anything. If I'm wrong, let me know listeners or viewers. But I can't find anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I enjoyed the song. I enjoyed that song. Yes. So now we've had the song and basically she's realized, Oh I'm screwed. He's just I've got babies now and no baby Daddy's he's shady, behavior is and he's not slim.
Speaker 4: No kids stealing.
Speaker 3: But she's had the puppies and she's now ripped. How they get that photo on the wall, I don't know. Look, let's not ask questions for she rips the photo off the wall without having spaghetti in the in the other way, questions and button Lisa puppies. They say, we're going to find out Dad. Yeah, true, because you teach me how to like Oh wait, I figured it out. I don't need him anymore. But they go and they're looking for him, and then Willie the dog catcher catches them. He says he's gonna be put. You can put to sleep by by by boring stories and then killed.
Speaker 4: You know you like to pick knits. You can do it on occasion. I rarely do, but I'm going to pick an it. Those dogs are wearing tags. Both the puppies weren't tags. Yeah, they shouldn't be, you know, taken to the pound.
Speaker 3: Those tags would have more than just a name on them. I have a phone number, I reckon, so left your games. Willy is just a ship person, And maybe that's true.
Speaker 4: I wonder I wanted to use the Australian term was that he's just a ship cut that out sack. But but will it's just one of those guys where it's such a great term. It's not one you can no forget it. It's a tangent and if they have to be cut it anyway. But I mean, I love how Australians, you know, we use the sea word as a term endment. But if you want to be like, oh, they're no good, then you've got to preface it with their yeah they're an sc love it language. It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: But Willy, maybe willis just a great catches dogs. He's not the official. It's just a dog catcher.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's just a satus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he catches dogs and takes takes the calls off and takes them to the pound. He just catch them too the pound. Maybe he's got his own pound. Maybe he's got a gas chamber there. But he's like, oh oh sick, yeah, Jesus, yeah, Ill, it's took a bad turn.
Speaker 4: But well this episode is a bad turn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man does it? Ever? So Home is concerned most let's each other's butts and wants nothing of it. Then there, I've got the pound and there's like the bullies there version of dogs. This snake is another one of them there. I think bumblebee Man was like a chou ros. Yeah, he was looking all the it was the new fish on the block yep. And then this way to the Upstate Farm, which is obviously the gas chamber, and it's Goofy not voiced by Bill Farmer.
Speaker 4: Gosh, this place is no picnic, but the sure beats working for Disney.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put together a article of all the times Simpsons made fun of Disney before they were owned by Yes, because now the Simpsons is owned Yes in both senses Yes and metaphoric gets put in the gas chamber, and this was cut out on TV. It would be because it's just putting it's a wholecaust gag it kind of is it really is? It is here and checking the death and there's no gag here. It's just we're putting Goofy into the gas chamber.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh now, liddlely, Goofy does make it out of the gas chamber later, but at the same time I have written down here could have done with that gas and Goofy.
Speaker 3: And Goofy's not even one of my favorite characters. Goofy is harmless nine his kid Goofy has always been one of my favorites because we had a goof troop in a Goofy movie, like a Goofy movie. Yeah yeah so button so.
Speaker 4: For me, it's always stand by me. It's like, what the hell is Goofy?
Speaker 3: But Lisa are now next and Willi walks in. He says, got some cycle five of your last meal specifically formulated with dogs for five minutes, for dogs with five minutes to live. This was quite rule. Yeah, home, and then bites him. Don't bite the hand that kills you. He kills Willy. I'm assuming, takes him home, leks Goofy out, and he says the line about this places their picnic. But sure, BET's working for Disney. I know it kind of feels like a gotcha, but it felt so like a little kid going. It felt like a really lazy joke. And then you got pants. Yeah, Disney just owned you later exactly for folks. But they get home, Marge accepts him, and then he realizes he's got nine other puppies look after as well. And that's the end of the episode. That is the end of that segment. Yes, now Bart's telling the story about Sid and Nancy and here the sex Pistols band. So Bart is Johnny Rotten, it is it Kearney. Erny Dolph is another one of them. Remember the band Jimbo. I think all the Bulls, Jimbo and Dolph Okay and Nelson. I don't think Keernie is in there, but but but basically the story is here that they're in the band sid Vicious. Whatnot is Nelson? And Lisa is there with Millhouses followed her to UNI or college or whatever, follow abroad? Yes, and she's like a great chance to meet new people. But no, you've followed me here and she hears the music the rule, Sir Vicious, second name? Why am I in myself? Why am I it myself?
Speaker 1: So I'm compromising. He never goes for an uncle spelling bee champion like me, I'm spelled I'm requited.
Speaker 3: Now I know what it means. I do like the fact that they use Lisa and Nelson here. That seems to be a romance that never goes away.
Speaker 4: They do realize that these characters are It's very much the opposite attract thing. But it's I can save him something that kind of works. Yes, yeah, and also she's attracted to.
Speaker 3: The bad boy. Yes, Otto is selling like Nicola Nintendo. I'm attatched to the bad girl. Let's just leave that shell. Otto is selling some chocolate which is meant to be drugs. At first I didn't get it. I was like, chocolate, I get it because their kids. Yeah, but they made sure you got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the end of it, they made sure you got it. Yes, she just started to put that in their body. I was like, you fat shaping her house? What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: And then we'll just you know, zeroing out the sugar.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Millhouse ends up having to pay because that's my good friend. Were you paying for it? Gets arrested office Otto happy to be of service being. Martin then puts on Saturday Night in the jukebox and I was like, unashamed love of this song. Go for it, Martin.
Speaker 4: Absolutely what else did the bas City Rollers have?
Speaker 3: They sing? That? Guy? The song is in my head. I can't tell you what it's called. There's no good in there. Get it out, Basicity Rollers, get it out? Bay City Rollers singles.
Speaker 4: So what is the base city that they hail from?
Speaker 3: I only want to be with you. I only want to be with you. Yeah, I know it. Yeah, it doesn't have it. I just added out for spies. Apparently, I really big mum loved them when she was young, as you said, Oh look I was around for the Basic Rollers.
Speaker 4: Hey, I mean I was only a little Scottish. I was a little kid. But yeah, they have on Candown on the Saturday nights. City Rollers they think be sick.
Speaker 3: It's a good name. Oh yeah, absolutely bas City rollers. H.
Speaker 4: I think Geelong should it did for a while, change the city plaza again and should re embrace its. Titler's Bay City Bay City sounds cool.
Speaker 3: It does. It sounds like a place you want to go visit during summers, want to go to Bay City and.
Speaker 4: Then a Bay City.
Speaker 3: You know, you sort of do it.
Speaker 4: We can kind of in the ironic quoitement, I'm do own of Bay City. But after a while it's like, you know what it actually is a city.
Speaker 3: It actually is kind of turning to a city.
Speaker 4: Now Bay City, man, let's go with that and we can be the bas City rollers.
Speaker 3: Westfield killed that when they got rid of ba City plaza. I know that who runs Westfields at LOWI is that. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I think he's like the big sort of money man in power broker behind all the Westfield things and just said like we're gonna put the Westfield brown. I was like, it's basicity plan.
Speaker 3: It's sorry. Local reference people listening overseas on what the fuck are they talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but in the specificity you find uni versaality.
Speaker 3: This is true. I mean, imagine you had a mal in the States that had always had a particular name, and then the big comor came along and said, we're changing the name to this. It's like it's Plaza, it's the it's the Boisey maul of boise Iaho, why do you want to call it marvel mal? It's gonna have its own flavor. Liz has walked in with chocolate to offer that the sex pists, because they're thrown Martin into the jukebox and they're not interested in chocolate, that say it's boring. I was like, oh, I didn't. I thought the sex pisces would have been all about rugs. I guess they weren't. I know, I don't think they were actually.
Speaker 4: I mean, Johnny Johnny Rotten was actually like a and still is to some degree, a pretty smart guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I think some of them were certainly on drugs. I think Steve Jones was, don't know about Glenn Matt Locke.
Speaker 3: But Sid certainly was.
Speaker 4: Sid went after it with Gusto and you know, people say, oh, then maybe they had something to do with Nanty Nancy Spungeon. It was a bit of a certain kind of a Curtain Courtney precursor, but no one. I don't think Johnny Rotten actually was.
Speaker 3: Just not not an act, but it was just you know, there was a market there.
Speaker 4: Well, punk is not necessarily just fucking yourself up, but it's more about.
Speaker 3: The establishment, that's what it is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know you've got to sometimes you've got to have a straighthead to do that. There's a lot of there's a lot of straight edge. He says, Yeah, I didn't sign Sid Vicious. I want it forays to be a thirty year relationship. Told you should I hid Tom responsible, which is what you got when you got me, Mitch was said, Tom responsible.
Speaker 3: But they go in the binge here because of the American nerd bird. They try the chocolate and Sid Vicious and Nancy, Lisa and Nelson both enjoy it. Got the hot chocolate. They throw the chocolates down the toilet. When the police arrive, they spray paint each other. They melt the chocolate on the ice cream in the studio. Yes, so basically he's she's ruining his life, ruining the band's life as wild Wade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen Chancy. I mean, I think Sid was probably kind of self destructive to some degree anyway. Yeah, and I think a lot of people may have that issue with the film if in saying that, oh, Nancy let him down the the path to Hell or something like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: It's been a while. I should really watch it, sint Nancy. What was a good movie was it? When did they come out like eighty eight or something like. Yeah, it's all like the star making role for Gary Oldman.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now it's time for their gig at the San Antonio Arena where on the So that night they're playing the sex Pistols. The following night it is the Reverend Billy Graham, and the day after it's Reverend Reverend Graham's with Billy Pistol. But he arrives or they arrive off their heads, as he says, here I expected a thirty year business relationship. And then they sing the Bollocks song. Another reason why it was to later on the UKs because the bullocks is a bad word apparently slang spatisticals I know that, but I get that, but it's it's meant as the terms of bullshit are bollocks, Yeah, bollocks to that. Yeah. Sid then ruins the song I Reach the Ice, be bag you frontward. Dang it.
Speaker 4: I want to hear what else was bollocks?
Speaker 3: Then Nancy says he's quitting the band. He's gonna write his own songs. I'm gonna write these songs for him, and he starts. He says something just just stop talking and bang your head against that walls. Basically, they're trying to say that he yo Go owned it. Oh she Yoko owned him, something like that, you go. Now they're singing love songs together. This this, this ending came very abruptly, singing love songs and the guys in the crowd and annoy this song doesn't make me feel angry at all, and his head turns to your emo hair makes me feel sad. They get thrown out of CBGB's. Now that's a real place, yeah, well, like a punk and new wave epicenter in New York City. Yes, yep, but this is comic book guys Bar, which I thought was not a bad gag. Yes, one of those gags where if you know you know, yes, yeah, as a kid that he watches like, huh, it's just tomy book guys. So they're thrown out. They go back to being drug o's again. And indeed, have they used the term chomp and wonka yet because they have, yes, which I thought was pretty funny. Yes, but then you've been chomping Wonker home and then pause trash all over them and that's the end. Does that have the movie ends or what's the come Apparently?
Speaker 4: So yes, it's like one of those it's like a Joker kind of thing where oh, everything is dirty and filthy, but we're turning into something romantic. So yeah, they're they're making out in the alleyway and there's like garbage all around them. But it's like filmed as the roast most romantic thing ever. Okay, he says Happy Valentine's Day and shut you gob Yeah, and then and then it ends and then's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a nothing episode. These trilogy episodes tend to be nothing episodes. Inoffensive but just forgettable.
Speaker 4: That's the best way of putting it down.
Speaker 3: Yep. Nothing much more to say, except for what did you learn from the episode with Davis that you.
Speaker 4: Should go easy on bas city roller fans because they are ahead of the curve.
Speaker 3: A do you wa do you wh what was your guilty pleasure band when you were say fifteen? Oh gosh, I was fifteen, I don't know what was a bannie? You remember enjoying that you would never dare let your friends know that you enjoyed.
Speaker 4: I could go back a little further because there's a song that I really really like, but it's.
Speaker 3: But it's Cliff Richard. It's it's devil Woman by Cliff Richard. And tell me my business devil woman all the time. Don't tell me my business dog. That's what she says to him, the poop baggers on fight, don't put it out with your bilts, Ted, don't tell him my business devil woman.
Speaker 4: Well, Cliff Richard, you know, the most seckless man in show business. But in the mid seventies had a song called devil Woman, where you know, he's like, oh, yeah, I can't get a loove this lady. Oh she's just a devil woman.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh wow, I thought this was saucy.
Speaker 4: I thought it made, you know, Barry White sound like don No Soul Simmons At the time, and then you play back it's like, I don't know that not that sexy. But at the time I thought, wow, so yeah, I'm trying to think of like teenage bands that I would enjoy but didn't really in the teenage years.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But when I was in my early twenties, and I remember distinctly, and I've told this before, being out at the nightclub and like he's seventeen. I started playing. It's like, oh, rah, alright, everything is going to be all right. Everybody knew that he's seven. Thing was the nap Fuckers. It was like this fucking jam I'm in the floor.
Speaker 3: I was like Lady Gaga for me. I was like early Lady Gaga. There was a song she's saying like summertime or something some some something that summer right, and I was like, this song is a fucking banger. Oh yeah, but none of them. I would never dare let my friends know that. But I just put on the car the weady you know what's the nause of song? I bought her album, her first album. I don't know what term me on the Lady Gaga might have been bad Romance because that was like the second one. Yeah, that's a fucking jam. Yeah, poker Face is a great song. Oh yeah, Lady Yaga, she's pretty good. She's Are you.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to Joker too starring Lady Gang? Did you like Joker?
Speaker 3: I like Joker one in particularly that scene haunts me where he kills his friend and then that's the other guy go and you're like, oh yeah, And I don't think anything epitomizes fear and terror more than that what that guy must have been going through in that moment. Absolute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's the little guy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a little person.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we did a movie guys on Joker or I've talked about it during.
Speaker 3: A movie and I've talked about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the best scene in the movie because a lot of it is Todd Phillipson made the Hangover movies and all that kind of stuff. He's trying to be Martin Scorsese very obviously, and in this scene he's like because he's got a real gift for like black comedy and dark comedy, and that scene's kind of funny, but it's also terrifying. This little person can't reach the tartars to handle to get out the joke has just killed his mate and he might kill him too, and he can't get out. Yes, I mean it's kind of like I shouldn't be laughing at this, but I'm kind of laughing that. I'm terrified.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: That's that's a really really great scene. I'm looking forward to joking too, because I think I'm intrigued by it. Yeah, I think Joaquin and Lady Gaga will have complimentary I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to see what it is a direct continuation from that night. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know anything about it because.
Speaker 3: It was originally film to be a one and done right.
Speaker 4: I imagine, so yeah, but then it made like a billion dollars in it won by King the.
Speaker 3: Oscar and all that kind I just hope we don't get a Bruce Wayne story again. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I think they're One thing I think DC does that Marvel perhaps shouldn't, is they do standalone stuff and they realize, yes, we know, this is a different joker to the one that's been in the Batman movies.
Speaker 3: But that's what cons it's in the same like it's a multiverse kind of thing, but it's a.
Speaker 4: Multiverse, but the multi verse is unconnected, very separate. And yeah I like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, well we'll do move you guys on to show me.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for watching, guys. Hope you enjoyed our review of Love Springfvillian style. As we said in an episode, that's forgettable. But you know, check it out. It's there's nothing that's harmless. I won't kill you. They won't kill you. Are working on Valentine's Day anymore?
Speaker 4: Wait, wait to Valentine's Day or maybe even your anniversary with your special person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can't be any more boring. Plan val.
Speaker 4: We have a shout out to Kell McDonald.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna engage.
Speaker 4: We just got engaged and they got a baby.
Speaker 3: Everything like that. It's all happening. It's the circle. Tell donald is a patient of ours, patient and we got to patron. He said patient. Know what he means, she's patient without gibberish. Absolutely, she's said through all this, well, congratulations to you and Dan made man Dan as well, he's just announced that they having a child as well, which Dan is this we don't I can't pronounce his last I'm going I'll get his name up France. We're gonna get you Dan France from now on. Dan Fans, I know the one you're talking. This is their main man who would always go. This is how many clear dies appearances there's been this this season that was the Lord's work, all the devils. Let's look it up. So Dan Stazinski so s t y z y so s t y c z i n s k i ster Zinsky, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say dance to Zinsky Dawn.
Speaker 4: If we've got it wrong, we apologize and also let us know how to pronounce it.
Speaker 3: Let's he just announced that they're having a baby. So congratulations stand well London. Congratulations to everyone who was still suck around for this episode of our four forgo discount. Thank you so much for listening to our review. For all of our patrons out there, don't panic. We're about to do our new names. But for now, anyone who's watching this on YouTube, here the subscribe button, give us a thumbs up and we'll catch you the next episode of four figure discount. So now that it's time for the new names. From miss day forward, your name will be all right. Mister Davis, the current leader board stands at this for the Guy Davis New Name Championship. In first position, we have Jared Hornby on thirteen points. We have Adam Wolhouse on twelve points and second position, and Phil Hawkins on nine points in a third position. Take it away.
Speaker 4: One point goes two. You had me at Jello.
Speaker 3: That is Kyle Maldoon. Clever Kyle, which gives him up to six points. Now outright, six points. Pretty clever car Oh, he said, hold on as a post. Done. I gotta get these ears.
Speaker 4: Chit, you said, patient, I don't know what I get about it. Okay, two points goes two. Sex Dogs and Rock and Roll.
Speaker 3: He's climbing that leaderboard. Now it's Fergus. Jeff's with the two points there, Well on, Fergus. He's now on five. He's climbing up. Oh, well done, Fergus.
Speaker 4: But three points goes two. Because you know, I like my dolls. It's true doll mance. It's a great movie as well, true romance. Isn't that just?
Speaker 3: Is? Indeed? All right? Dave mcnlly weld, I'm Davy. He's only a one point now he's on four points. Wow, Well, I'm Dave mc nally McNally. Yes, all right, so that's the first time he's had three point so the current leader board this hasn't changed. Jared hornby first position thirteen, Adam Wirehouse still on twelve points in second, and Phil Hawkins in third on nine points, with Kevikail coming up behind him in fourth wof Okay then, yes, all right, guys, thank you for all of his at four figure discount. I feel like next we're going to do a classic review. Won't tell you what it's going to be. Let's get a big one. Wow.
Speaker 4: We're not even gonna get your advice or your input on pick one. Well you pick a season no, no, no, no no. You give me a little time to work. Don't as me to think on my feet.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, we're gonna do a classic review on the show here next week, and then we'll do another season nineteen review which will be oh, yes, the debuted. Oh this is an awesome episode. It is obviously a parody of The Departed. Okay, and like that it starts tofa Grace. That's good and it's a great episode. Yes, then this is one of my favorite post gold Near episodes.
Speaker 6: Love.
Speaker 4: I'm taking a new word for it.
Speaker 3: Yes, the debuted can't wait for that one.
Speaker 4: Okay, so not next week but the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, we do a classic review next week and then the debuted will be the week after.
Speaker 4: Okay, they's so stay tuned. You're gonna have to find out what the special episode is, what the classic episode is.
Speaker 3: Obviously you haven't already check out my interviews with Michael Price and Matt Salmon. They're available now for free.
Speaker 4: That I wasn't gonna wake up for.
Speaker 3: And again continue to rate and reviewers on Apple Podcasts, Spotify review You find the show over three hundred reviews now on Spotify. Think so much for doing that, guys. Some of them positive, some of them are positive. Yeah, it was three hundred and thirty something I think, and were four point nine. That's pretty good. At stars out of five? Do they all say bring back Minch? None of them say bring back Mitch?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like you've you've ridden the wave and everyone everyone who's stuck around just like, yeah, we've moved on one. All right, alright, alright, but if you haven't done yet and you're listening on Spotify, please check us. Five stars takes five seconds. It would really help us get in front of more eyeballs and boost us up the rankings on SPOTIF and earbuds, earbuds. Indeed, all right, mister Davis, any five words for those incredible listeners out there. Let's wrap this up so and go back to Chomp and Wonka sh