Speaker 1: There's one reason to feel good before five o'clock today, and you know what that reason is?
Speaker 2: Can I guess?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: It's seven eleven day.
Speaker 1: Well, it's seven eleven day, which means that there's free slurpies about. But it's Friday. Oh okay, that to you. So it's Friday and it's seven eleven days, so you need to go buy a seven eleven and get yourself one of them slurpies and then enjoy it at your leisure because it's Friday. Toby and Chilly in the morning on ninety seven point one wash FM. Always something to feel good in before five o'clock in the morning, especially when you're up this early. You have to make something positive out of what's going to be a great new day. I believe it, because all we have to do is get through today and then it's time for the weekend. And like you said about seven eleven day, favorite slurpee for you? What what's your slurpy fan? You're not not really?
Speaker 2: No, I go to seven eleven for coffee more than I would with with slurpees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do have good coffee at seven eleven. They for the most part. And no, actually I've never had a bad cup of coffee, considering I make it my way at seven eleven. Yeah, but I like their slurpees too, because well they have zero sugar ones and the zero sugar Pina Colada is one of my favorites. I don't mind saying it. Okay, don't everybody run to seven eleven all at once now because it is a free slurpy day and it's Friday. It's ninety seven point one. Wash up them or Toby and Chilly in the morning. But hit us up and tell us why you're feeling good today at eight six, six, nine two, seven forty three sixty one or tap the talk bag microphone. It is wide open for you. We love hearing why you are having a great morning or why you're going to have a good day today, even though it is before five in the morning. Coming up some news top stories at the Top of the Hour. What are you working on?
Speaker 2: Federal judge temporarily blocked the President's order limiting birthright citizenship.
Speaker 1: Got more details on the way, Stay there or good More from the miche Lins.
Speaker 3: Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 2: Top Stories presented by Celsius Energy Drinks. A federal judge has temporarily blocked the President's order limiting birthrights citizenship, applying the ruling nationwide. The decision, which only protects infants and not their parents, grants class action status and includes a seven day stay to give the government time to appeal. The State Department has alerted its employees that layoff notices will be issued soon. It's part of a broader restructuring effort. Officials say the job cuts are tied to shifting priorities and budget constraints. A federal civil rights investigation has been launched into George Mason University's faculty hiring and promotion practices, which expands the Trump administration's crackdown on DEI now. The probe alleges the school favored candidates from under represented groups and maintained an equity advisor in every department, a claim that GMU denies. A Prince William County police officer facing charges of stocking and illegally using a computer to access personal information. Authority say forty two year old Godsend Vandi used police databases to look up a man connected to a female friend, and was repeatedly seen near the man's home over the past year. DC United has fired both the head coach and assistant coach, leaving two vacancies on the coaching staff. The team's GM said the team's now seeking leadership that's more aligned with its identity and long term goals. Meanwhile, Kevin Flanagan is going to be serving as interim head coach while the search for replacements continues. And scientists have found a strong link between lactose intolerance and nightmares. They say about forty percent thought that eating late at night. We're certain foods definitely affected their sleep. Forecast today, it's going to be hot and humid, there is a chance of shours later. Highs around ninety right now, seventy one in Oakton.
Speaker 1: And that is the news top stories at the top of the hour, with Toby and Chilly in the Morning coming up in just a few minutes. You and that space between your ears, your morning mindset, how are you doing today. We'll share some words that we hope might give you a reason to be inspired today, to press on to make today the best day that you've had all week. And that is on the way in just minutes. Is Toby and Chilly in the Morning Complete Friday Morning, Hallelujah, Toby and Chilly in the Morning on ninety seven point one wash FM, celebrating the fact that we've made it to the end of another week. But if you're laying in bed going bah humbug, if you're driving into work on sixty six or two seventy or ninety five North and you're like, yeah, it's Friday, great, Well maybe this will help. It's your morning mindset for this Friday.
Speaker 2: And we like to share a quote for you to think about as you take on the rest of your day.
Speaker 1: And since our Best of the Eighties weekend starts with Sabrina Conti later on today at five, thought this might be appropriate from John Mellencamp's Jack and Diane. Oh yeah, life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone. What does that mean? It means keep moving. Move meaning comes in waves. So just keep moving and let life go on and you'll find what you're looking for eventually, John Mellencamp Jack and Diane. Keep that in mind this weekend, this Best of the Eighties weekend when you listen to us, and hopefully that helps you to get through today. Were Toby and Chile in the Morning And if you need to hear it again, you can on demand, check out the podcast on the Toby and chilipagowatchfm dot com, or email Chili or myself. We'll be happy to send you that line from John Mellencamp's iconic song now coming up in just a minute, speaking of inspiration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we all know that they say movement or exercise can be really beneficial for your mental health, but that may not be enough. So we kind of want to know from you, what is something you do to improve your headspace.
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one. If you want to call right now and tell us what that is for you can also tap the talk back microphone. It's wide open for you. If you're signed into your ihared app taps you can send. We'll get your voice note here in the studio and we'll talk about this next Tiby and Chilly in the morning on Friday eight six six, nine two seven forty three sixty one. That's the number here at ninety seven point one wasch FM want to know what is something you do to improve your mental health? And the reason we're talking about this this morning.
Speaker 2: They found that half of the mental boosts that people report from exercise could be stemming from placebo effects that perhaps exercise alone is not a cure all for mental health.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not surprised by that, because for me, what improves my mental health is being alone in the living room, going down YouTube rabbit holes and escaping life for a little while and learning new things that just fascinates me. It takes me back to when I was a kid and I would go to the bathroom with the World Book Encyclopedia and just start reading. What's something that you do to improve your mental health? There, chill Yamar.
Speaker 2: Besides zoloft, I like to when I'm disregulated, go to the bedroom, shut the door, turn off the lights, and just lay there in stillness.
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one David, Good morning in Fairfax. So what do you do to improve your mental health?
Speaker 4: I read that seems to help me escape my own world for a little while. My girlfriend and I read the same book at the same time, so we can talk about them, and it's nice to have someone to discuss that stuff with.
Speaker 2: Thanks for sharing that, you know. I bet that's also beneficial for their relationlationship.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, you have your own little book club. Courtney, good morning, and thank you for listening to us in Bethesda. What is something you do to improve your mental health?
Speaker 5: I try to go to the gym at least three or four times a week. It has helped tremendously with my mental health and the feelings of anxiety or depression. Now I just love working out and taking care of myself.
Speaker 3: Courtney, you mentioned eating right.
Speaker 2: You know there is a definite direct correlation with gut health and mental health, So if you're healthy in one.
Speaker 1: Area, you will be in the other. What do you do to improve your mental health? We're listening. Eight sixty six nine two, seven forty three sixty one is the number. We're Toby and Chilly in the morning. Feel free to chime in, call us, leave us a talkback message. We always love hearing from you, and we know you want to hear the news. So we've got Top Stories at the top of the Hour on the way in just a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 2: A federal judge is temporarily blocked President Trump's order limiting birthright citizenship and granted class action status to the case. Ruling is stayed for seven days to give the government time to appeal. Families of those who were killed in January's deadly midair collision between an Army helicopter and an airplane over the Potomac say that the Army has failed to take responsibility. In a letter signed by one hundred and sixty eight relatives, they accused the military of lacking transparency, and they urged the Army to appoint a liaison and allow independent oversight of the investigation. Maryland Senator Chris Van Holland is pushing back against the Trump administration's plan to relocate the FBI headquarters within DC instead of building a new facility in Greenbelt. In response, he introduced a Senate amendment to block funding for the green Belt Project. Officials saying no one was hurt when a US Park Police motorcycle crashed into the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. The officer was reportedly patrolling the National Mall when the motorcycle hit a slick spot and filled into the water yesterday, and according to a recent study, over one in ten adults know more about celebrities than their own family members. While just twenty nine percent know who their mom first dated, thirty four percent can name Chelsea Davies, Prince Harry's first high profile girlfriend. Although fifty seven percent would like to learn more about their loved ones, twenty one percent admit they're really not sure how to start those conversations. Forecast for today, it's going to be hot and humid. There is a chance of a slight shower, a slight chance of showers later. Highs around ninety. Right now, it's seventy one in Hyattsville.
Speaker 1: Workplace gripes, ladies and gentlemen, we would love to know what you think you have that is wrong with your workplace. There's a survey out that says what the top gripes about the workplace are, so we'll share some of ours with you. And of course we would love to hear from you about your gripes when it comes to work. And don't worry if you call or you leave us a talk back message. We don't have to use your name. We can change your name because nobody needs to get fired on a Friday for speaking the truth about some complaints at the office. That's on the way with Toby and Chilly in the morning. Now that you've got the news and don't forget you get top stories at the top of the hour right here on ninety seven point one wash CHEFM. Hang Out Toby and Chilly in the morning on ninety seven point one wash CHEFM. Nobody should have a workplace gripe on a Friday, but nonetheless some people do. There's a study out that says the top office complaints are.
Speaker 3: It's too cold number one.
Speaker 2: It's too hot is number two, and then number three is poor janitorial service, followed by computer or internet issues and running out the top five, not enough conference rooms.
Speaker 1: Why does it sound like somebody's talking about our office?
Speaker 2: Well, really, what here kind of resonates with you?
Speaker 1: The too hot too cold thing. It's been really a thing this week for me for whatever, and I don't know why, but I've been in a hoodie every day. It's been ninety something degrees because you come in here and you don't know what the temperature is going to be. What about you?
Speaker 2: I am not a fan of our fish bowl offices. So every single office space or office has glass, right, it is open workspace. This is the trendy thing now there's no privacy, and I'm not a fan of going to talk to a manager and having everybody see that I'm talking to a manager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because then everybody's going to be like, well, it's Chili talking to a manager or whatever. It's like Pisto Toby.
Speaker 3: If I have to be very careful with what my face is.
Speaker 1: Doing, I agree with you because privacy's out the window. Everybody's got a workplace gripe. What is yours? You know the number to the place? Give us a call tell us. You can also tap the talk bag microphone and speak out. You don't have to tell us the office you work in. We'll keep that anonymous because we don't want you to get fired on a Friday inadvertently. But there are workplace cripes. We're not afraid to take them on. So give us a call, tell us yours, and we'll help console you.
Speaker 3: This morning, Helby and Chili's nearly impossible question, and.
Speaker 1: This might be a way to console you. It's time for your nearly impossible question for this Friday, Chili, What is it?
Speaker 2: According to a new study, nearly one in five people have a favorite one of these what is it?
Speaker 1: All right? We've got Cindy Lapper tickets thanks to Live Nation. She's going to be in town later this month. If you want to go. Here's the question again.
Speaker 2: Nearly one in five people have a favorite one of these what is it?
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six, nine two, seven forty three sixty one. That is the number you're playing this morning for these tickets to see Cindi Lauper the Icon when she comes to town. Thanks to our friends at Live Nation. If you want to go, call now, get it right and you'll win those tickets from ninety seven point one wash FM. Your nearly Impossible question is on for this Friday.
Speaker 3: Toby and Chili's nearly Impossible question.
Speaker 1: It's Friday morning, Chili, please tell us the question again one more time for those who might have missed it.
Speaker 2: According to a study, nearly one in five people have a favorite one of these what is it?
Speaker 1: Let's go to Bristow this morning, Kristin and Bristow, Good morning, Welcome, How are you do well? How are you thankful that it's Friday? Man? Thankful that it's Friday? Be you well? You've got the question, what is your guest for these tickets to see Cindy Lapper.
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess pen. Oh, do you have a favorite pen that you get very upset about when somebody takes no. I am a retail manager, so we're just lucky if we can find a pen anywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't think of that. Yeah, you're right, that's very true. That is a great guest this morning there, ma'am.
Speaker 2: And it's also the correct answer. You're going to go see Cindy Laupper. Congrats? Oh, thank you. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 1: And since here in Bristow, Jiffy Lublob's not that far away from where you are, so you've got the tick. You don't have to go far to see her. Congratulations. Thank you so much, and thanks to Live Nation for the tickets. Thank you for listening to ninety seven point one wash FM. Stay right there because we've got to get some information from you now Monday, after we get back from the weekend. Shelley, what do we have to give away with the game.
Speaker 2: Tickets to Hansen coming to the hall at Live in October?
Speaker 1: Bop, where's the love? Oh, that's going to be like nostalgia on overdrive. Get those Monday with your nearly impossible question. It's ninety seven point one wash FM, The News on the Way, top stories at the top of the hour, Hangout.
Speaker 3: Top stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 2: A federal judge has temporarily blocked President Trump's order limiting birthright citizenship, applying the ruling nationwide. The decision, which only protects infants and not their parents, grants class action status and also includes a seven day stay to give the government time to appeal. Department has alerted its employees that layoff notices will be issued soon as part of a broader restructuring effort. Officials say the job cuts are tied to shifting priorities and budget constraints. A federal civil rights investigation has been launched into George Mason University's faculty hiring and promotion practices, expanding the Trump administration's cracked down on DEI. The probe alleges the school favored candidates from underrepresented groups and maintained an equity advisor in every department, a claim which GMU denies. Prince William County Police are searching for a man who allegedly sexually assaulted an eighty year old woman inside the Woodbridge Hobby lobby around noon on Wednesday. The suspect reportedly pressed himself against the victim and inappropriately touched her before fleeing. The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is getting ready to replace the aging three thousand series rail cars with two hundred and fifty six new ones. The updated rail cars are expected to begin arriving in June of twenty twenty seven, and according to a recent study, vacation renters in the US waste an estimated two point three billion dollars worth of food each year. Produce and pantry stables were the most commonly thrown away items by the end of vacation. Forecast for today, it's going to be hot and humid with a chance of showers, highs getting up to around ninety Right now, it's seventy three in Bethesda.
Speaker 1: If it gives you all the feels on a Friday morning, it's probably our feel good Friday story for you for today. And we'll go to Fairfax County where an outreach van is providing hope and restoring dignity one stop at a time. You'll hear that coming up in minutes. Stay with Toby and Chilly in the morning. It is ninety seven point one. Washef M Toby and Chilly in the morning on Friday? It's ninety seven point one wash FM and if it brings you all the fields, it's more than likely. Our feel good Friday story for today. And today we go to Fairfax County where a new kind of outreach is hitting the road. It's one that's built on dignity, compassion, and a very deep understanding of the challenges that the homeless community faces every day.
Speaker 2: So Cornerstones is a support of housing nonprofit that's based in rest And and they're launching a mobile outreach van this fall where they're going to bring essential services directly to unhoused individuals.
Speaker 1: It will provide.
Speaker 2: Warm showers, laundry facilities, restrooms, and also access to case management as well as housing assistance and mental health services, basically meeting people where they are both physically and emotionally.
Speaker 1: Now, this idea was born from years of listening. Yeah, Cornerstones is the staff there. They learned that lack of access to these basic services, things that we take for granted, can be dehumanizing and it can build a major barrier to recovery. By reaching a high need areas across Fairfax County, this mobile unit aims to reduce those barriers, and it aims to build trust with people who may not otherwise seek help for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: And they're funded by a mix of private donations and local support. This project reflects really a shift towards more flexible, accessible care.
Speaker 1: And it does something else, something powerful. It provides hope, relief, connection, and most importantly, a renewed sense of dignity. Thank you for doing what you're doing, Cornerstones. This is going to be such a great thing for those people who need these basic services, the homeless community in Fairfax County, and hopefully it's something that we see duplicated across the DMV. That's a story that makes us feel good on a Friday, and we hope that it does for you too. And if you want to read more about it or maybe find out how you can support their cause, get to the Toby and Chili page at waschfm dot com. It is Friday morning at ninety seven point one WASHFM Toby and Chili in the morning and coming up in just minutes. There are things around the house you have no clue.
Speaker 2: About six percent of people Toby have no idea where their fuse box is located.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, Chili, oh lord.
Speaker 2: Now you and I may have other things we have no clue about so we'll share those in just a view.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chili on this Friday morning, the numbers eight six, six, nine two, seven, forty three sixty one. We would encourage you to use it or tap the talkbag microphone if you're signed into your iHeart app listening to us for free. By the way, with that app you got at your favorite app store, you can send us a quick voice note and tell us are you part of the six percent of people who don't know where the fuse box is in your house? We shouldn't laugh. Chili's got the breakdown.
Speaker 2: This energy expert shared some of the common questions he gets from homeowners, and Yeah, to your point, a lot of folks don't know where the fuse box is. They don't know how to use it even if they were able to find it. I don't think that we should be laughing Toby that much, because as people who've lived on their own for many, many years, isn't there something around your place right now? I know there isn't my home that you really know nothing about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything that has to do with the plumbing and any of the sinks that dispose all in the kitchen, any of that stuff that Apple fell far from the tree. My dad can go macguy for on that stuff, and did when my grandmother was alive. Yes, God rest her soul. He just jumped right in there and fixed it. He said, don't call a plumber. I got it, and he did. Now me, i'd have to call a plumber and then maintenance, and then I'd have to probably call maintenance again. Yes, because it's just something that is completely foreign to me. Next thing, you know, I would have a leak in the house. Yeah, what about you? Hot water heaters?
Speaker 2: They scare me, to be honest, I don't like the popping, the banging, the knocking, the hissing, the steam. Everything that has to do with a hot water heater is a mystery to me, and I stay the hell away from it.
Speaker 1: And that's probably for the best, because if you don't know, you shouldn't go messing with it. That's right. Tell us, is there something around your house you know nothing about? We're not gonna judge you. We won't laugh too much. We don't want to make any jokes about getting shocked if you figure out where the fuse boxes and you just start hitting switches, because that's not okay. But we would like to hear what it is that you don't know anything about. So give us a call or tap the talk back microphone. If you're signed in listening on your iHeart app right now, you can send Chili and I a quick voice note. We always love hearing from you, and we will coming up after eight is Toby and Chilly in the Morning continues. But first though, we've got to get to the news top stories at the top of the hour. On the way in just a few.
Speaker 2: Top stories top of the adjagas issued a temporary nationwide block on the President's order restricting birthright citizenship. The decision also allows the case to proceed as a class action lawsuit, following a suit that was brought on by a pregnant immigrant immigrant parents and their children. President Trump says he's imposing a thirty five percent tariff on Canada next month. He said it comes as part of a response to Canada's retaliation and ongoing trade barriers. Families of those who were killed in January's mid air collision over the Potomacs say that the Army has failed to take responsibility. They accused the military of lacking transparency and urge the army to allow independent oversight of the investigation. Maryland Senator Chris Van Hollin is pushing back against the Trump administration's plan to relocate the FBI headquarters within DC instead of building a new facility in green Belt. He introduced a Senate amendment to block funding for the Green Belt project. Prince William County police officer is facing charges of stocking and illegally using a computer to access personal information. Thority say that forty two year old Godsen Vondi used police databases to look up a man was connected to a female friend and was repeatedly seen near the man's home over the past year. And good news for Justin Bieber fans. His seventh studio album is out now. The hype all started yesterday when he posted a picture of a billboard with a track list on social media. Swag marks Justin's first album since twenty twenty One's Justice forecast for today hot and humid with a chance of showers later ninety The high right now seventy five in Manassas.
Speaker 1: Good stuff this morning. Wow, the news is always full of interests. I like the Bieber story. Who knew Toby and Chilly in the morning at ninety seven point one Wash FM. Sometimes you have to admit that there's just nothing you know about things around the house. You're not alone. So what is it you know nothing about when it comes to your house? It could be anything. It could be anything. We're gonna talk about it coming up in minutes at eight sixty six nineteen seven forty three sixty one. What do you know nothing nothing about around the house. It's okay, you're not alone. Feel free to call and join the conversation. Next, what is something in your house you know nothing about? Toby and Chilly in the morning ninety seven point one Watch FM want to hear from you at eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one. Or when you have to talk back microphone, if you're signed into your iHeart app, just drop us a quick message now.
Speaker 2: About one in ten people, according to this electrician, have no idea where their fuse box is and like fourteen percent wouldn't even know how to use it.
Speaker 1: And if you don't know what you're doing with a fuse box, trust us. Just don't mess with it, leave it alone, call maintenance or call a professional to help you. Really, it's that way with anything, like for chili, and her water heater, or for me with the disposal or anything plumbing related in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know anything about to dispose all because it's called a disposal.
Speaker 1: H semantics. What about you? Stephanie? Good morning and thank you for listening to us in Silver Spring.
Speaker 5: I use air conditioning like crazy, but I realized I have no idea how it actually operates like. I don't understand how the air gets filtered and then cooled and then.
Speaker 1: Transferred through the house.
Speaker 5: All I know is I got nice coolers that comes out of my bench in the summer.
Speaker 2: To be fair, that's all you do need to know. And if it doesn't work, you call it professional.
Speaker 1: That's right. Get on the phone with John C. Flood, a proud sponsor of US here at ninety seven point one watch F MW. Telby and Chilly in the morning. Michael, Hello, and thank you for stepping up in Fairfax. What do you know nothing about around the house.
Speaker 4: I know almost nothing about the electricity in my house.
Speaker 2: I know on and I know off.
Speaker 3: That's pretty much is.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be able to install anything or run wires where they need to go. No clue how to do any of that without electroccuting myself.
Speaker 3: Toby and Chillie pressed the more music button at a forty over two hours commercial free next on wash Out Them