Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Just contact. Neil does a great job the T shirts. They are very inexpensive. They're made in Pakistan by four year old kids. And you can't get wet because the dye tends to run, so don't sweat in them.
Speaker 3: Much less wash them.
Speaker 1: The handle Twiggs or in my basement making clothing for me.
Speaker 2: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle. All right, good morning everybody, Bill Handle here on a Monday morning, September thirty September. Is it thirty one or thirty? This is the last day or tomorrow?
Speaker 4: It is the last day of September?
Speaker 2: It is? I always get confused to this day, to this day, I do not know thirty thirty one. You know, I don't work with the knuckles. I've never had tattoos on my knuckles that tell me the days, and just I just don't do it anyway. Good morning, last day of September. Uh and we uh oh god, what a weekend news man. It doesn't stop. First of all, a hello to one and all amy, good morning, good morning. Though. Oh is that a T shirt to say over the edge. It does, Neil, did you make those?
Speaker 3: Have one? But they didn't make them?
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought, you know, you usually produce a lot of the KFI stuff, but this was out of ki. That's from Over the Edge. Okay, so Amy, you can sweat in that one, and that die is not going to run. There's anything that Neil makes. It's uh, your WoT with the most colorful armpits you've ever had in your life. As the as the dye runs, how did it go? Instantly? And good morning Neil? Let me say good morning everybody. Then I'll ask how it goes. There's Amy and kN O'Neil. Okay, good morning everybody. Now tell me about the over the Edge and you repelling down that office building so amazing.
Speaker 5: We went twenty five stories down, something I've never done before in my life.
Speaker 4: I know that Neil's afraid of heights. I'm afraid of heights.
Speaker 5: I have to tell you. It's almost heart stopping. I hoped I didn't cry. But they take such good care of you, and I think the most nerve wracking thing is when you literally you're standing on the edge of the building. You're all strapped up and you're like, Okay, what do I do now? And the guys go, We'll sit down, and you're like, but there's nothing to sit on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like and they say it very matter of factly.
Speaker 2: So you don't push off, No, you just sit.
Speaker 5: You sit down, and then as you repel down, you release the rope and you basically walk down the building.
Speaker 3: And did you go fast or slow?
Speaker 4: The first time? I went pretty slow?
Speaker 2: Oh? You went several times.
Speaker 1: They wan to slow me down multiple times because I was booking.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was fun for me.
Speaker 4: Did you lock up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I locked up on Oh so if you go too fast, they've got these safety things in place, they'll lock up and then they have to stop you and then they have to release it and then you can start going again. But the first time I went pretty slow. The second time because I had so much fun. The first time, I went back on Saturday and did it again.
Speaker 2: You have our listeners go down the mountain side there the building.
Speaker 4: We know that some did. We just don't know who they.
Speaker 2: Are because they were wearing hoods.
Speaker 4: Right when they did it, because.
Speaker 2: They were goods, because they thought they were going to die.
Speaker 5: No, come on, they had like they had almost two hundred people go over the edge over the weekend.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: If it was as far as scary it is, they do such great work making sure that you're safe.
Speaker 3: It didn't. It was not unnerving at all.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The weird thing was I thought stepping over the edge was going to be the weirdest thing. It didn't bother me much. What bothered me was the weight of the rope. So the rope that dangles off the side at six hundred feet, it feels like one hundred pounds and it very counterintuitive to your brain because you feel like you have weights on you.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Thank God, and I am Amy.
Speaker 1: You said that I was a one and done. No, I I just couldn't do it again Friday or Saturday. But I am in for next year. So you are okay, absolutely and uh And they just kept telling me slow down because I was looking it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you know, thank that both of you because raising money, and I know you raised a pile of money.
Speaker 1: Amy kicked, but God bless her. That is such a great cause. Everybody who thank you to those that.
Speaker 2: Everybody who gave so thanks a lot. Okay, Okay, so that's the good news. Now let's talk about the news that I particularly immediately default too. And that is horrible news. And let's do it handle on the news with Amy Neil and me leave story. There comes a study mount Hurricane Helen was as bad as was anticipated, if not worse.
Speaker 3: It was brutal.
Speaker 2: One hundred and sixteen people dead, six hundred missing in North Carolina. It's just crazy. It's they don't even know. I mean, it's gonna be dozens and dozens more because I mean, you see the video of this thing.
Speaker 3: Insane.
Speaker 2: One of the towns forgot which one I was watching an interview yesterday. This is the third hurricane that hit in a year. At what point do you say, Okay, this is a sign from God, get the hell out of here. Oh no, we're gonna rebuild. We're not gonna we're not gonna leave.
Speaker 4: Time to move to Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding. And then you get struck by lightning or a tornado and it takes your house out twice in one year, and then at some point you go, you know what, let's move the North Dakota. The worst that happens is a moose runs you over and you die.
Speaker 1: That weird, how out of all these natural disasters if they put them in a circle, we'd probably I'll go I'll take the earthquakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except when the big one hits. When that big one hits, the good thing about an earthquake is it's over. Basically, it hits, it's over, except for the aftershocks that go on and on and on. But for the most part, the big one hits, you don't drown. I mean, you know, there's rubble above you.
Speaker 1: But you know, the.
Speaker 2: Reality is that if you have a building or a house that was built in the last twenty thirty years, I mean, it'll be damage, you'll destroy, but you'll probably survive. Okay, moving on, Well.
Speaker 5: This fire's got some flare. The fire that's burning in San Bernardino County, of course, we have the three big ones burning down here, flared up and that prompted some new evacuation orders yesterday afternoon, so it's active fire again. The evacuation orders are in place for Seven Oaks, also the Barton Flats area, including all the campgrounds and cabins, and then warnings are in place in Angelus Oaks and the Older Bear area of Big Bear. The good news is the fire is still eighty three percent surrounded it's burned almost forty three thousand acres. It started on September fifth. This is the one that was arson. The other two accidentally started.
Speaker 2: It's three weeks now. Ben Now the story tends to disappear. The disaster keeps on staying, but the news part of it is okay, new news cycle, Let's move on. It's tough these wildfires, and they're gonna get worse. That's the problem climatologists, whether people said, be prepared for a lot worse. And one of the things that all the climate experts who said the world's going to a hell in a handbsk it. I'll tell where they were dead wrong. The speed it is going far faster than what was anticipated.
Speaker 3: Wow, I will tell you this.
Speaker 1: The Boulder Bay area Big Bear is gorgeous, and of course on that south side you get into the village there and stuff, and if it continues cree being in that area would be devastating for the.
Speaker 3: Big Bear Lake area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's no fine, It's so fine. I've said it many times. You know, it's tough for my kids and the grand kids. You know, I'm gonna be happy that when this, when it all burns up, when Hell is actually here. You know how you tell me you're I'm going to Hell all the time, Neil. Yeah, Yeah, it's going to be all universal. We're all going to live there. Okay, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: The only difference is when you die, you're going to continue to be in global warming.
Speaker 2: Well I don't like the cold, so it's fine with me.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're going to love this place, okay.
Speaker 1: Talking about time flying time is absolutely running out to avoid a work stoppage it ports along the East and Gulf coasts in what could be the most disruptive strike yay to the US economy in decades. Of course, this is the International Longshoreman's Association. They're set to go on strike at twelve o one a m. Eastern Time Tuesday at three dozen facilities spread across fourteen port authorities.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you look at what the union is asking for more pay, Okay, I'll buy that benefits better working conditions, that's fine with me. But they're also saying, slow down the automation. We do not want the ports automated because that'll take that will take our workers off the payroll. Now can you imagine that kind of thinking? Can you imagine the United Auto Workers saying no more robotics.
Speaker 3: None, well we wor pardon didn't they push back on that yet?
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't stop that, you I mean you literally cannot see. Yeah, but the.
Speaker 1: People to protect your jobs because of technology, it always is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But that's exactly what the Longshoreman's Union is saying, you know, stop the automation, you know, because it's going to put people out of work. It's it's pretty tough, it really is, because in that sense, they are ledites. And if we if we get to go in that direction, where how far back do we go? You know, let's go back to manufacturing typewriters, because look what the computer has done for that. All right, So anyway, is there going to be a strike, probably because they're very far off, And is that going to decimate the economy. Probably even in the short term, it's going to really hit.
Speaker 5: Israel has not let up on the gas. The Israeli military said it has killed another high ranking HESBE law official in an air strike. This has there have been several devastating blows and the killing of the HESBO law leader, Hassan Nazraala. So the guy that you took out yesterday was the deputy head of Hesbela's Central Council. That makes him the seventh senior Hesbela lead that has been killed in Israeli strikes in a little over a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this changes the dynamics and the equation fairly dramatically. With the pagers exploding and those walkie talkis exploding. It showed the people of Lebanon and particularly has Belah, how well Israeli intelligence has infiltrated. I mean, they know where everybody is. And the Israelis are just taking it to its full level. They said, we're done, we are done, and the people of Lebanon, I mean, this is crazy. This isn't Palestinians, this isn't Gaza, where I think it's more justified in terms of occupation, et cetera. Israel is not at war with Lebanon. Israel has no desire to be in Lebanon. It's strictly Hausbolad launching the missiles as an act of solidarity, and that's in quotes. Okay, and we'll see how much solidarity you want. Israel would pull out of that if stopped. I'm convinced of that, maybe not anymore Isn't.
Speaker 1: This good news to see some of these people being checked off, because that's closer to an end.
Speaker 2: It's not so much closer to an end, you know, it's a vacuum that's going to be filled instantly. But Hezbollah, boy, it has been degraded, it really has. And Israel is now on the it's now on the attack. Took out Hohoti tockets, pockets in Yemen, and it's just going balls to the wall. Israel's fully prepared to do a two front war straight out. And so the next step is maybe an incursion like it happened in two thousand and six, which was a disaster for everybody, including Israel. All Right, so we'll be talking about that this week. Let's go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Move on, all right.
Speaker 1: Governor Handsome Gavin voted vetoed rather at bill just yesterday that would have instituted the nation's strictest artificial intelligence regulations.
Speaker 3: So basically, you've.
Speaker 1: Got a bunch of tech and venture capitalists who lobbied fiercely against this legislation, and they said it would be a setback or a setback for technology and everything. And so this is actually good news for tech people.
Speaker 3: But there are those that want big.
Speaker 1: Time AI regulations and they're obviously disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm going to be talking about at seven o'clock there are new laws kicking in and also on top of that, so there we'll talk about that. At seven o'clock, we.
Speaker 4: Have lift off.
Speaker 5: Our friend, Colonel Nick Haig, who's been a guest on wake Up Call several times, launched from Cape Canaveral on Saturday with a Russian cosmonaut. They were headed to the International Space Station, which they reached yesterday and they're now going to be there for six months, and then when they're done, they're going to bring back Butch Wilmore and Sonny William they're the ones from the Boeing star Liner that got stuck up there.
Speaker 4: Because the star Liner is a mess.
Speaker 2: Now, you would think they could just bring up a ship SpaceX ship to rescue quote not rescue, because there's no rescue necessary to bring down. The astronauts that are going to stay there are eight months instead of one week. And I was reading this is even though with two seats empty, it's still going to be months and months because SpaceX is so backlogged and every seat is taken and is in advance. It's all taken. So this thing is going to open up in I think February is when they're coming.
Speaker 5: Back, right, Yeah, And they had to bump two of the astronauts from the mission, a NASA astronaut and a cosmonaut.
Speaker 4: We're supposed to go up on with Colonel Haig.
Speaker 2: And yes, so let me ask you those two astronauts that are bumped, you think they're going to be spokespeople for Boeing. Probably not not very happy with that company.
Speaker 4: They'll go up again just later.
Speaker 1: All right, Teresa Flores, she's still very much in shock after forty eight Your old son was fatally shot aboard a hijacked metro bus. Earlier this week, we all heard about this story, just ramping up the hillacious stories of what's going on on the La Metro. Anthony Rivera her son, a former National guardsman. He was shot and killed on a metro bus when it was hijacked in South La.
Speaker 3: Just Wednesday morning.
Speaker 1: She said she didn't believe it when the cops came and told her, could you imagine?
Speaker 2: No, No, I just can't holrific your son has been killed on a bus. Yeah, on a bus. Yeah, you know, we're not getting much information about the guy who hold on, I'm gonna sneeze.
Speaker 1: Hang on, please stand by for the sneeze off.
Speaker 2: And I turned off the microphone. Usually I sneeze right now.
Speaker 3: It was a big boy.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this mic sock is dripping.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, let's let's move on.
Speaker 1: Where was I You were profusely shooting your secretion over your mic sof.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In any case, we don't know much about this guy motive or whatever at this point, but it's still.
Speaker 1: You just think it's a crazy homeless person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did, or something along those lines. Yeah, I think so. I don't think it was targeted in any way. I just think unfortunately, there's too many crazies out.
Speaker 3: There and make any demands no and on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And on top of that, it's too easy to get on a bus, you know, with a weapon. I mean, there's just no one stops you from doing that if you hide your weapon.
Speaker 5: And yeah, oh, it's ridiculous that we even have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is ridiculous, all right, it's too one more.
Speaker 4: Missus Thomas has been targeted.
Speaker 5: Jinny Thomas, who is the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was among the prominent political figures that are raign and hackers were trying to impersonate as they tried to target people associated with former President Trump. US federal prosecutors unsealed criminal charges against three Iranian government linked hackers in connection with that hacking operation aimed at Trump.
Speaker 2: It's weird that they're hacking into former President Trump's emails and his campaign, because especially using Genie Thomas. I mean, she is the queen of the deniers, election deniers, you know, as you know, she's like a conspiracy theorist of the first water. You would think it'd be the other way around, wouldn't she. But maybe it's I don't know, a red flag or red herring or blue mackerel.
Speaker 3: Chaos is chaos. Yes, we spread chaos.
Speaker 1: It just causes confusion, and that's good in their book. I would imagine Donald Trump, former president, can stop the insults pouring from his face. On Sunday, he repeated his personal insults about Vice President Kamala Harris and her mental state. GOP allies are urging him stay on message. Donald avoid these attacks after he made a similar remark at a rally the night before so he basically was saying Joe Biden became mentally impaired. It's sad, but lying Kamala Harris, honestly, I believe she was born that way.
Speaker 3: Kamala is mentally impaired.
Speaker 2: That is tough. I mean, you know, he this is self destruction on his part. I mean, what good does he think that does? Even Lindsey Graham, who would take a bullet for him, says, you know, stick to the issues. We'll never say has said anything wrong. I mean saying that she's mentally impaired, there's nothing wrong with that. Or saying that Haitians eat cats and dogs, there's nothing inherently wrong with that. I may even agree with that, but you know, I can't say that. Stick to the issues. You got some strong issues, very strong issues. You got the economy. You have the border, which, by the way, we're going to be here spectacular lies about what's happening at the border. You know, for example, in this Trump's first year, not one terrorists came in, that's what the border patrol called not one, and his worst year, eleven came in. But with Harris thirteen thousand, Biden Harris thirteen thousand have come in all right, you know, so it's twelve to thirteen thousand. They just why not.
Speaker 1: I will tell you, working in radio with talent for a long time, especially talent that's been in it for a long time, and seeing talent age not just at KFI, other stations as well. The reality is, if you have success doing something, it's hard to change from that.
Speaker 2: And it is now.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It was very successful with that method the first time, and it's going to be a hard thing to separate.
Speaker 2: And it's just dumb. I mean it said, now we're getting new personal personal stuff. I can't wait for him to argue that she has STDs or you know whatever. I it's just, yeah, where do you go with this's not helping himself, it's not he has to go for that middle ground. He's got some strong stuff. Take it, use it, okay, Oh you're some news.
Speaker 4: It's a girl.
Speaker 3: It's a girl.
Speaker 5: Claudia is Shinbaum will officially become the first woman president in Mexico's two hundred year history. She's scheduled to be sworn in tomorrow. Women didn't have the right to vote in Mexico until nineteen fifty three. The first woman was elected as a federal representative in nineteen fifty four. And now women make up about fifty percent of the House in Congress, but they haven't had a woman leader before.
Speaker 2: Do you find it. I was stunned by that figure. Women got the vote, the right to vote nineteen fifty three in Mexico. I mean pretty crazy stuff. Of course, you go to Afghanistan, women can't.
Speaker 3: And when did we get it?
Speaker 2: We got nineteen to twenty nineteen twenty, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't remember that far back.
Speaker 1: Oh, I bet you know when probation or prohibition.
Speaker 4: Was nineteen thirty three, Well that's.
Speaker 3: What it ended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty crazy, nineteen fifty three. All right, Okay, Just two and a half percent of homes in the US changed hands this year in the first eight months, lowest turnover rate in at least thirty years, according to an analyst there at Redfin. The latest data from the real estate brokerage underscores just how much housing market. The housing market is stalled in twenty twenty four. So horrible combination record high home price is elevated mortgage rates, very unaffordable housing market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not enough being built. It's too too difficult to buy homes, too difficult to build them. Mortgage rates although they're dropping, uh, they're gonna they're right on the cusp of under six percent. Uh and it was seven point eight or something at its highest. So you know, we'll we'll see. But it's still it's going to be decades before there is enough housing out there. Uh. And the cities are making harder and harder build in LA sometimes see how difficult they are.
Speaker 1: Well, see, that's what I think it is in California.
Speaker 3: Wants to build.
Speaker 1: There's zero incentive to be a landlord or build or do anything out here.
Speaker 2: Got and we're desperate for more housing. That's the fun part.
Speaker 1: And the understand what do you mean we're desperate for more housing? We have to house everybody here or can they go?
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about we locally are desperate for more housing. Just ask our elected officials screaming about more housing and at the same time possible to build more housing. That is the insanity of all this. So all right, I think we knew one more.
Speaker 5: You may have been hearing Sell Sell Sell as Chrysler parents Stilantis made some announcements Monday, saying that they're not going to be as profitable as they thought, and their cash flow is low, and their stock plunged fourteen percent in Milan after the announcement.
Speaker 2: It's almost across the board that they make Ram and Jeep and Citron and bog Bugio cars. What do you call it? Volkswagon, they'd stock traded lower story. It's yeah, car companies right now, good time to buy stocks or not.
Speaker 5: Increased competition from Chinese rivals was listed as one of the big reasons.
Speaker 2: Well, the Chinese are going crazy. I'll tell you they're not going to be selling cars here.
Speaker 4: I know I was going to. We don't have any Chinese cars.
Speaker 2: You won't have any Chinese cars, especially if Donald Trump becomes president. China is just done, which by the way, is not a bad thing if we can get away with it not hurt ourselves. I kind of like the idea of American workers. However, you know, do you is a car worth ten thousand dollars more for this same basic quality because it simply, you know, comes with a fortune cookie inside of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, the incredibly likable in my opinion, Former NBC News star Brian Williams he is finalizing a deal after a long time to anchor live coverage of the presidential election results for Amazon's Prime Video now the streamer. This is its first attempt at live news coverage. And you remember Williams, who's now sixty five. He's been off television since gosh leaving NBC.
Speaker 5: Is he the one who got busted for lying about being combat Yeah, being in the helicopter and being shot at And it turns out it never happened, and so uh they which.
Speaker 1: Was unfortunate because he was incredibly likable.
Speaker 2: Oh god, he was fana.
Speaker 4: He was the anchor for NBC thing.
Speaker 2: He'd still be there today. He just got caught up in a lie and it's just you can't do that.
Speaker 3: Did he lie or conflate like you know?
Speaker 2: He said he said that he conflated. I'll never forget when he said that I conflated the stories. No, No, you lied is what you did.
Speaker 3: Don't you ever?
Speaker 1: Like after years of experiencing things or seeing things or talking about things, yet you might get confused as.
Speaker 2: No, you don't get confused about getting shot at when you're in a confused about your own last name. That's Phil Hamblet. That's different. This show is based on my confusion you can't do that as an anchor of a major network. He went to MSNBC. I think, uh, and he's been there for a million years and now.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't I never saw. I liked them and was trying.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. I like him a lot, but he got caught up in it got you know, it's every other word is a lot that's in my case, so you just expect it. I'm not going to get fired for I'm not going to get fired for lying. It's in my contract. I have to lie.
Speaker 4: Another star has gone out in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Chris Christofferson died over the weekend at his home in Maui.
Speaker 4: I didn't know this. He was a Rhodes scholar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was a Golden Gloves boxer, football player in college. Got a master's degree in English from Merton College at the University of Oxford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went to Oxford and got a master's there as a Rhodes scholar.
Speaker 3: I mean it's just in his military academy at West Point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he is brilliant, or was brilliant. I mean you don't usually see that. You don't usually see rock stars with master's degrees from Oxford.
Speaker 3: With Amy's playing on words. There.
Speaker 1: He was in the first Stars Born, right with Barbara streis in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, actually that was the second Stars Born.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now don't that was he in this Swedish version, because that was one of the big ones. That's a stars Bjorn's.
Speaker 1: I hate myself that I just laughed at that. I really hate myself. Okay, every once in a while, all righty handsome Governor Gavin Newsome back in the news. This guy wants to be in the news so bad, so bad. He signed the first in the nation legislation on Saturday that will prevent public schools in California from serving food dyes that color fruit loops flame in hot Cheetos, and of course that's going to be other processed snacks as well. So the blue, red, yellow, and red additives effect affected by the band have been linked to hyperactivity and behavioral issues, particularly in people who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD.
Speaker 3: DoD you have fruit loops?
Speaker 2: No, I no, I've never been a fan of fruit loops. Although this is not the first time, by the way, that the cereal companies got nailed, you know, when they found out that everybody misunderstood tricks are for kids and found out what they really meant. There was a lot of trouble there. That is horrible. By the way, that is absolutely horrible, And I've already gone to that table.
Speaker 3: To that that what I think.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not, no, I completely deny it. It's I never meant that. Ever.
Speaker 3: Some of these colors were in Peeps. That explains a lot.
Speaker 2: That's true, although Peeps cave on that.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness, they changed.
Speaker 2: They changed.
Speaker 1: So I guess if it actually affects kids, then god speed if it.
Speaker 3: But if it's one of those things.
Speaker 1: Where the toxicity would have to be eating a billion bowls of fruit loops, then silly, careful what you say.
Speaker 4: Because this is reminiscent of the Dixie Chicks.
Speaker 5: Green Day's lead singer, Billy Joe Armstrong had a few things to say about the a's leaving for Las Vegas. W course, the Oakland Athletics played their last game at Oracle Stadium on Thursday, and they're moving to Las Vegas and at Oracle Park in San Francisco. He said, I effing hate Las Vegas. It's the worst as whole in America. That happened during a concert and in response to of the radio stations in Las Vegas oldest music.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want to put something on the record if I can right now. Since Handle on the Law is one of the affiliates of Handle on the Law is in Las Vegas, and I broadcast or we broadcast Handle on the Law in Vegas, I want to put it on the record. I love Las Vegas. Okay, well, I absolutely love Las Vegas. Is one of the greatest towns in the world. As the other towns they carry Handle on the Law by the way, they are some of the greatest towns in all of the United States.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I just think it's funny that you're talking about Oakland and then saying Las Vegas is an a whole.
Speaker 2: Have you ever flown into Oakland? To go into San Francisco and Oakland you drive through and I was stunned when I saw this. You drive through miles of r v's along the streets that are decrepit and falling apart, and tents and I just don't mean a few blocks and campments. I'm talking miles of this stuff. And you go.
Speaker 1: I will tell you back in the day when I was in the tattoo, the tattooing industry, and I would go to a lot of conventions. I went to a convention in Oakland, and I got to tell you, you're talking about big ass tattoo guys. And there were fights. Ever, it was a mess. I saw people back in the day. It was pretty surprising to see people openly using drugs, like smoking pot. They were smoking pot in front the cops.
Speaker 3: It was. It was one of the crazy No, it's not like everywhere.
Speaker 1: I have family in Oakland, yeah and everywhere, But I'm just saying that in the parts I was in, it was.
Speaker 3: It was pretty intense. Now to my point, Troy, in all kinds of places.
Speaker 2: There are great places in Oakland. There are some very high end residential areas in Oakland. So it's not all r vs lined up on side.
Speaker 1: When when in and out, Burger like shuts down. It's Burger Joint. You know it's a bad city. They left Oakland.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Oakland. There are parts of Oakland. Jerry Brown ended up being the mayor of Oakland. Did you know that after leading the governorship? Well that tracks yeah, all right, guys, I think we're done so much for handle on the news Handle on the law heard on radio stations across the country. Just want to point that out, including Las Vegas, including Las Vegas. And the other thing I want to point out is whenever anybody makes fun of the scientologists, I think they are a great, great organization, and I would never make fun of them, not because I'm frightened of them with potential lawsuits or rattlesnakes in my mail watch at home. Great people. I just want to point that out, one of the better organizations out there. Okay, we are done, guys. This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.