Speaker 1: Meaning a light man like this man notting butterfly flapping his wing big down in a force.
Speaker 2: Man, it gonna cause the tree fall, letting five thousand miles away.
Speaker 1: Man, nobody's seen nobody else. You don't need no man like you followed another story and you got back in fact that man's man. Man don't black and name on the panel. Man, Man, you don't no matter man.
Speaker 2: Noway, And that's what I told him. Korea is the pole of di Asia anyway, Dives, You're great to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Man. I love that. I yoink That's all I say that I'm taking bit.
Speaker 2: My new favorite bit is referencing funny things the audience has no reference, like, has no ability to comprehend. Going back to our earlier comments about leaving them just confused and anger. It's it's horrible podcasting, but I find it very entertaining.
Speaker 1: That's my whole show. Baby.
Speaker 2: Well, t'ms in a desperate attempt to keep this on track because the last episode was supposed to be this episode. Yeah, it ended up being about something different.
Speaker 1: We just got going. They Jay cast a spell on me.
Speaker 2: You get going, and uh yeah, it happens to the best of us.
Speaker 1: I blacked out. I went into a few stay and turns out we just got some hot, hot takes out of it. But then you know, you look at the clock and it's too late, and I just such a good time. And Jay was so gracious to offer a second appearance. And of course he's trying to sabotage me. Of course he's loving setting this trap where it's going to be too much. Everyone's loving the first one. Then then they see of Heaping helping me again, They're like, enough, enough of this shit.
Speaker 2: I work off the same logic that drug dealers in nineteen eighties PSAs do right, where it's like the first one's free, and then that's how I get you. And you know, and astute listener might notice, wait, aren't they all free? And I was listening anyway, so how does this get you? And I would say, you are thinking too much about this. Let me cook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like a drug dealer in the nineteen forties where I just give away drugs for free because no one really understands economics yet. What is this is this money is a fucking product. I don't know just this.
Speaker 2: This is not work. This business is horrible. You've given away all our product. We spent millions to me.
Speaker 1: I found this crazy covered in Chinese letters, and let's just distribute it. And that's how the CIA was started.
Speaker 2: It just works like wind 'ar where it's like please, hey, please remember this is not a free service. Please dip your dope. Boy.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. That's so funny. Like the idea of like a nerdy crack dealer. It's like, Okay, you know, I bet eventually they're gonna feel so much shame at me bothering them. They're gonna, you know what I mean, Like it's a very libertarian way of thinking like that, eventually they're gonna give us a ton of money because they'll think, how many years I've been using wind rar for I'm gonna send you twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: There are two ways to take this. One which is the like the sort of like you know, like mid two thousand sketch comedy show where the joke is, oh, you know, it's a it's a nerd, but he's a crack dealer and he dresses like he's super hard but he's not. That therein lies the joke in my mind, the true funny dynamic is imagining someone trying to socially shamed crack addicts into giving them money. It's just a very funny gun sund Here's.
Speaker 1: Another thing that just occurred to me. Facebook lays off. You know one hundred thousand people recently. Daily Wire just laid off, you know a third of its staff. Has win Rar ever had any layoffs? Have you ever heard of anyone getting fired from wind Ar? After all this time?
Speaker 2: This is actually a very good point. How many people work here? Do you know?
Speaker 1: It seems like the most stable investment. If I can go long on win Raar, I'm doing it. I'm saying this because I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't know how to invest, but sounds safe to me. I'll last Stormy Waters what he thinks of.
Speaker 2: This, Yes, uh, somewhat related. There are a series of companies that exist on kind of both ends of how many people work there. They're just baffling, Like Wikipedia has way way more employees than you'd think, and Craigslist right the kind of you know, default way to buy things. I think there's probably like ten people working there, which kind of makes but like I don't know, in my mind, there should be more of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for an organization like that, And then you hear that Caleb Hammer has like thirty five people working for his show, for his company. I just these numbers don't make sense to me anymore. I don't know who's doing what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wikipedia has fourteen hundred employees, which is just kind of crazy, Like, isn't the whole point that they use volunteers? Like what do they do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this You know, if you were to tell me that Wikipedia was a giant money laundering scheme, I'd believe you. That's just been a financial black box for a long time. It's always they're always lying about needing money. People have peaked behind the curtain and seen how much not revenue, but they have an idea of how much what their holdings are. But every three months they're doing a begging dry for money. They never need it. It's something else. It's just some rotten in Wikipedia. But I don't think anyone hairs to look anymore. They just accepted that's in the background of the Internet. And I think if it disappeared nothing, it wouldn't matter. If Wikipedia was gone, no one would give a shit. But I don't know. I just they kind of like they like it being there. You need to give something for these You know, I don't want to use any bad words in your show. I don't want to get you in trouble. Let's say gender confused people. You got to get them something to do all day. But that puts all the autists set of work. So I don't know, there's no easy answer.
Speaker 2: We need to talk about Canada.
Speaker 1: Yes, how many? How many minutes are in six minutes?
Speaker 2: Al right?
Speaker 1: This is good. This is what's a good.
Speaker 2: Six minutes, A bit that no one else understands.
Speaker 1: This is a good host. This is how you know you're hosting at a level that is rarely seen.
Speaker 2: See, people always made fun I had a reference Tuck her for the second time in this conversation, but people made fun of you know, Tucker for you know, the way that he handled the Vladimir Putin interview. But think about how much cooler it would have been if he's like, all right, vlad, how many people work at Wikipedia? Like that's the kind of content we really need from world leaders, Like your your opinion on a hit on history, philosophy at the arts irrelevant? I want kind of like ballroom trivia and crazy.
Speaker 1: Facts imagine the Tucker just interrupting him at an odd time, like after minute seven, mister Putin, do you like pussy?
Speaker 2: Apparently he does. Isn't he rumored to have a like a ballerina daughter or something? Yeah, I mean he's at least tried it once. Okay.
Speaker 1: I didn't know where you're going with that. I'm like, yes, but yeah, he tried it once. He tried it, which maybe that's all you need.
Speaker 2: Really results indeterminate, He's okay, you know, I take it to leave it.
Speaker 1: I like to believe that Putin is having a lot of sex. But then I think, do what is Is it better if it's zero or a ton? You know what I mean? I realize that I'm doing everything I can and not talk about.
Speaker 2: Well do you do you remember? I can't remember. I don't know who did this. It was one of the kind of like big progressive accounts. Uh. This was like kind of the classic millennial coded reactions to Biden winning the presidency where I was like, Wow, this is such a great day. I hope that that Joe and Jill go home and have that the dirtiest, raunchiest sex imaginable. And she went into much greater detail than I will. And you know, uh it's a it's humor, you know that they're in imagining such a thing. But also uh no, thank you, I know that's okay. You know, I'm that man is too old to eat solid food.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought that up, because I too had noticed that during the Biden years, liberals had never been more sexually wretched. I saw them saying just have horned things about Tim Wallace's penis, speculating on it like everyone was. It was horny in a way that I've never seen. Very performative, but very you know, like like a centemite would it was. It was divorce and pleasure even.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the weird thing, right that, like the more performatively horny someone is, you know, the less they're actually getting down to it, because you know, you look back at you know, the Victorians right famously brutish people, but they popped out kids like they were doing something, you know, And then now it's like, oh, well, you know it's I think it's what fifty percent of men under thirty haven't had sex in a year, And you're like, well, clearly, this performative horniness isn't going anywhere. It's just performative horniness for horniness' sake.
Speaker 1: Well, the performative horniness is sort of the last dying gasp with sexuality. It's proclaiming to the world that I am a sexual being because you're you're not confident at all, and and you know, the other extension of that is getting very strange about sex. So other people have pointed this out. Wiser people who pointed this out how I think this it's more evident with young people like gen Z, but you see it's millennials too, and maybe they pioneered it with Reddit and whatnot. But you know, seeing a hot woman, what am I saying? A hot woman? Fuck me right? But you know they're like, oh, she's hot. I wanted to crush my head in her thighs. So getting violent. The only way you're allowed to approach horniness is if you're being dominated, and not just dominated but dominated violently, and that that's I don't remember that when I was younger. That's relatively new. I'm like that, that's not even sexy. You're just kind of you're doing this sort of ghost dance, just screaming to the world I'm a sexual being. Look at look at this twisted stuff I think of. But you know, as someone who has had sex, I'm like, I smell of void inside of you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's sort of like it kind of smacks of the you know, I my girlfriend goes to another school, you wouldn't know her. She lets me touch her boobs all the time. We're like, do you know what you're talking about here? You know, like it feels as if like this is entirely hypothetical. You know that this is something that you experience only as this kind of like performative online thing. And there's this term I can't remember I stole it from, but safe horning, right, which is like you're allowed to You're allowed to talk about that all you want. You know, you're to kind of, you know, throw out all of the kind of like body memes. But if you're otherwise attracted to conventionally attractive, particularly white women, like that's just a moral issue with you. You're probably like a pedophile if you've noticed the one that they like to throw out a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you're putting the woman in control. If what you're saying involves you projecting yourself unto them or approaching them or saying what you would do to them in a normal, healthy way. They say, yikes. But if you're saying, man, I would love these guys who are lying and saying they're into milths, they're lying and saying like, oh I love I like muscle mommies, I like big women. No, you fucking don't. That's just what you feel like. You're allowed to say. It's safe to be the woman who can kick the shit out of you. And that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: To quote modern day philosopher Shane Gillets, you're getting clothes like that's what you're really getting clothes. It's it's more honest to just, you know, go to a truck stop bathroom with a with a a whole cutting agger at the end of your saw. It just kind of, you know, blast a hole in that uh that stall door. That's that's because.
Speaker 1: We had a good thing going with just the dumb bitch and the sun dress in the weed field. That seems so quaint now, doesn't it. We all made fun of that. That seems so simple and attainable. That's just a dumb dress a bitch can wear. Now, you got this is too much going on. I honestly think we need to put a moratorium on women until we figure out what's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we should, uh for their own safety, just make xx chronisots like a thirty five years to life kind of criminal offense.
Speaker 1: Yes, just right right right from the rip. Yes, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: For their own safety. I will not be counting countenance. I will not be hearing put it in words that I can actually speak any objections to that, but times speaking of massive open air prisons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So Jay, I when done did a thing. I made a little short documentary which is a sequel to one I had released a year prior, called Paid Them Over the Public, and I sent it over to you. I don't know if you've got time to watch it, but if you didn't, say nothing, and I'll just talk anyway. But we put quite a bit of time and energy and money into producing this, and I wanted to come and speak about with you because it's really it's centered on Canada. It's you know, within the Canadian context, but I think it's applicable to American audiences and also European audiences. But I have so many American friends. It's such a strong American Network, and I think the things that we discuss in it are they'll find it very interesting. So it's titled how to make a Canadian People. I've had to summarize it very very succinctly, and we can talk about some of the themes we discussed in it, but it's about how to trigger an ethnogenesis in the twenty first century, and that alone would require some unpacking, I'm sure, but just to start. Released a couple of weeks ago, and a lot of people worked on it, and the same crew as the first one, and I'm very, very proud of it. I'd say the first one. The first one set the stage by discussing the history of mass migration in Canada and getting into the history of what led us to that, and specifically looking at public opinion polls from the nineteen forties up through the twinth century, showing, you know, census data and public opinion polls about what people actually thought about immigration contrary to what you're told. And I feel as if you're told this in America as well, that well, we voted for it, your ancestors or family voted for this life that you have right now, and you realize that If you take a historical view, and many of your audience likely have done this, you understand that they were very vocal that they were not promegration, but it happened anyway. There was a bureaucratic subversion that occurred. And because it's Canada and there just fewer people here, I found that the conspiracy was in sharper relief because we can trace this to a few specific prime ministers, and you know, it's across decades. It's a bipart it's an issue. You can't really blame it on the liberals or the conservatives. Those would be the Democrats or Republicans in America. It cuts across all the politics. The what led us to hear what led us to really opening the doors to you know, it didn't it's as bad now as it's ever been. But it really started around the same time as it started in the US in the nineteen sixties. That was a big pivot point where you started seeing these laws being passed, in fact against the proclamations of the prime minister. The entire time, you had these political leaders saying we're not going to do this. Mass migration sounds stupid. Why would we want to do that and then behind closed doors they're doing it anyway, And we don't need to discuss that entire documentary, but that set the stage for this one because we wanted to ask the question, you know, what is a Canadian? You know, in America you have a different self awareness, a different way, different sort of history, and a different self conceptualization. And you know, Canada and America are actually quite similar. They're at odds now in a lot of ways. But I mean, it's it's not like Canada versus fucking China. It's not Canada versus Nigeria, you know what I mean. That's like some people act like we're separate continents and I don't really have much patience for that. There are differences, Okay, fine.
Speaker 2: And I'm curious to get your thoughts on this because in my mind, there has been a deliberate desire to paint Canada as sort of the the better America, right, like more American than America. And so you guys are presented to us as what we could and what we ought to be by progressives, and the conception is basically, you know, you guys have taken our values and done them even harder. It's what we could be without evil racist chuds, if we could just get rid of them. And I'm also stricken struck, I cannot speak. Tonight dives deeply.
Speaker 1: Into I haven't noticed. I think it's like shift through a ghost. It's come, it's smooth.
Speaker 2: I've also noticed, and I'm curious this is sort of at some point, how much your politicians exist in relation to ours? And look, I get it, America is the world empire. That's going to happen everywhere. But there is a weird conception or this sort of weird development that Canada has sort of become defined in relation to America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there's a by my account, there's there's three good points there to address. So let me think that the first one was what was the first one is about do we seem like perfected America? The second one was about can you just repeat? I'm sorry, I'm blanket. I'm trying to figure what sequence to answer those in.
Speaker 2: Canada ends with sort of perfected America, Canada as you know, America without the evil chuds, and then you know, kind of Canada existing only in relation to Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So what's interesting is that there's Canada as is portrayed in America, and it's different everywhere. Assume I bet the opinion of Canada and Texas is different than in California, obviously, but I'm sure it's it's viewed from the outside, and liberals would see Canada as a certain way. Okay, So Canada's idea of itself is in it's always been oppositional to America, and that's among liberals and conservatives, and there is a historical argument for that, and we talked about this on our show. We've covered a great many Canadian books recently, and I wrote this Vanguardist Journal article my substack about the history of anti Americanism in Canada because a great many Canadians view themselves as apart from America and as more enlightened, you know. And this is when I was growing up. This was the sentiment up here that Canada was more you know, they'll say liberal. But here's a thing. There's been a good amount of work put in by other content creators in our space right now, like my friend FORDA. Sachs. The Black Horse is another one. I think Ferryman's Toll would have probably spoken on this as well. You know, there's a historical argument you made that Canada is less liberal than America and depends how how you define liberalism. But it has always been less about individual liberty. It's been about personal freedom, and that's worked against US and forests in some regards. But they would look upon Canada and say, look, they are the actualizations of American values, and I think if you get down to the root of it, I don't think so they would just look at Canada and say, oh, look how clean and nice they are. But Canadians are also very passive, aggressive and British about it too. But again it's not so different than in America. They're not comparing different races of people here, frankly, but Canada, since I was, always had to define itself against America in terms of its tone and tenor and character. And we're just smarter than those boorish Americans, which I never agreed to with because you'll say that one time. But everyone's got like twenty thousand Americans that they like, yeah, Americans are stupid, except Steve Jobs, like shut the fuck up, you know, like, and I was saying that when I was younger, and like, this is this is a dumb thing that we're doing but it's something that people cl to, and so there's a there's a historical argument for that as well. With American interventionalism. There's actually quite a bit of military history between America and Canada or British North America, you know, between American and Britain at the time as well. There's I won't get into the nuts and bolts of that, but so the next one from that was we're talking about the political class. How much our politicians take their cues from American politicians. I would say very heavily. One of the issues is that American Canadian media is dominated by American media, just due to the in the sense that the whole world is because American media is so dominant. We live right next door, so obviously we're gonna get so much media from America. Despite that, Canada actually has a surprisingly active music and movie and television scene given its population size. But put that to the side, I'd say that most Canadian politicians would be take would be living within the American context or under the American shadow, having to respond to arguments made by America. You saw this with Donald Trump talking about annexation. That's one extreme example, but you know, even during Trump's first term, if you were to walk to a newsstand anywhere in Canada, every major newspaper was talking about Donald Trump. And it was kind of a joke that during his first election it coincided with one of our elections, and every Canadian was watching Trump versus Hillary. No one was watching our election, and so it's just one of those uncomfortable things that people, you know, they complained about it, but the revealed preference shows something else. Canadian politics isn't as interesting. And by what do I mean by interest? Because I don't think you're going to see someone like Trump emerge. The conservatives are a lot more restrained and muted, and they don't really know what they're advocating for. The liberals, you know, I would say that Canada overall is more progressive, especially by American standards. Here's a funny thing. So one of the reasons I never took the annexation talk from Donald Trump seriously is because I don't think Donald Trump's an idiot. I'm not a fan of Donald Trump for various reasons, but on this one issue, I tend to think that he's at least thought it all the way through, and I think he understands that Canada's population over forty millions something like that. It's this population of Canada is comparable to that of California, and if America were too annex or absorb Canada, it would be like getting a second California. What do you think that does to American politics? Do you think that fucks the Republicans forever? Right? Do you think that that changes the state of play significantly? So it's like he wouldn't it wouldn't be in his interest or the Republicans' interests to even do that. So I didn't think they were going to do it. But that's something to keep in mind that if you want to be of our political persuasion. You know, I'm not making any assumptions about your specific policies, but you know, for people like us, I find there's fewer of us in Canada. The terrain is more hostile towards us. That's changing, I think, But I mean there's a lot of shit libs up here. Remember that Justin Trudeau was voted in pretty unanimously a couple of times after after people saw how stupid and inept he was. You see what I'm saying, Like, there's like Mark Karney wanted a fucking landslide right now. And Mark Karney is not your friend. But anyway, we don't need to get too much in that. But I'm saying is that there's not a sort of conservative base comparable to America. So you're dealing with a lot. By American definitions, you would say that Canada is overall more progressive, I think, But there's a lot of rednecks, there's a lot of guns, there's all that stuff. But I don't think you're ever going to see a prime minister, at least in my lifetime, really take a crack at universal healthcare or any any of the fundamental issues. Do that answer any of your questions at all?
Speaker 2: Yes, one hundred percent. As I flashed my face on camera.
Speaker 1: We know what you look like, Jay, You're a peach. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I'm sitting here in my boxers.
Speaker 1: Well, no one knows that.
Speaker 2: I'm standing desk, I'm wearing suit correctly.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you. I dress for the occasion. I dress over the Jay Burden show.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, I appreciate that. In fact, I demand that.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a tuxedo bottom.
Speaker 2: That might be the most threatening hingle actually, which is worse. If you round a corner in the NCD part of town and you have a choice of seeing a guy sprinting towards you wearing only tuxedo top or tuxedo bottom, which would you pick.
Speaker 1: Tuxedo bottom? Because if I'm talking about my safety, I know that. Okay, this man's involved in a plot. This man is involved. He's the main character of whatever's happening right now. My job is to get out of the way and get out of the way of whoever's chasing him. This is an Indiana Jones moment. I'm excited. I'm not, you know, I not only would I rather see that, I hope I see that tomorrow. All right, fair enough.
Speaker 2: I can't remember talking about this documentary.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because because this all ties into it. Because one thing we talked about in the documentary is the outline of power politics in Canada, and it's a lot like elite theory. I know there's a lot of guests you've had on they talk about that, like where are the power blocks in Canada? Who are the elite families? And then where they clustered in the Western elites, the Laurentian eleads, the Quebecua elites. Hold on, I'm just gonna sorry, I'm just gonna a strange call there. Yeah, so where the civilizational power blocks are in Canada and then we build upon that, and so this is all relevant as long as we're talking about Canada. But as I'm discussing this, it's not so different than America, and it's really not so different from Europe because a lot of these we're dealing with a lot of the same phenomena. We're dealing with a lot of the same you know. The one thing about what led Canada down this path a mass migration. And I'm not trying to get too much in that sort of clouse Schwab Agenda twenty thirty stuff, but even going back to the sixties, there was this idea that, you know, globalism is happening, globalism is the future. Who is jumping on that trade and Canada jumped on very enthusiastically. That's one of the reasons that they're pursuing mass migration, just because they thought this, if we want to be on the side of international trade, if we want to be on the side of this new paradigm, this is what we need to do and not only should we go along with this, We should be the vanguards of it. We should be front and center. In Canada, for so long has taken at least his political class taking great pride and being very involved in you know, un strategies, un groups topping the list of the most progressive, the most multicultural, the most open. That something is pride itself on. But that's because it feels it needs to, because that's the status quo. And they're not necessarily wrong. You're seeing the same thing in Australia, You're seeing the same thing in fucking New Zealand. All across the Anglo sphere it's the same story. And I bet you if you're to look into it, you know, elite groups would be different, different sizes. And you know, America is almost an edge case because its internal politics are so dynamic and its influence is so wide reaching. It has, you know, so many different contained political battles going on right now. But I would say for everyone else, all across Europe, it's the same story, more or less and very similar. I would hate to call it populist, but nationalist pushback in various forms, and that's kind of what we were taking here. Look, take if we're taking a nationalist approach, but what is Canadian nationalism? It's different than American in national nationalism, New Zealand nationalism. Like if you look at the red ensign flag, which was the original flag of Canada before the maple leaf flag everyone's familiar with, there's a little shield on there, and that shield contains the founding ethnicities of Canada. You got the French, got the English, you got the Irish, and you know there's like four main ones. So from the beginning there's this idea and when people think of Canada and thing French and English, there's a demarcation there and you can never really reconcile those two. That there's a lot of tension up here between the French and the English. I think it's unfortunate. I would like to move past that. But you know, I talked to Quebec nationalists all the time and it ain't fucking easy. It's hard to get a hold of them. When they do it's like, well, you know, if you want to reconcile this, you really the English have to change everything that they do. It's like okay, fuck.
Speaker 2: Well you should just counter with a reasonable you know, reasonable position, like you should take a shower.
Speaker 1: Here's a I'm trying to even move path the stereotypes. I love Montreal, I love Quebec City, I love poutine. I actually think I don't care that they do poutine better in Ontario. I'm not even I'm not even gonna sweat them on that. I just undid months of good work with that comment. But there's this idea in Canada that at best, and I made this claim before that Canada, if you look at the structure of Canada, it's more like an empire. And empire doesn't just mean you're globally dominant, but it's it's sort of this structure that contains nations within it. That's the form that most empires take, especially as they expand, they open up new frontiers and then absorb new areas and the periphery. Then the periphery ends up filtering towards US. And so pretty much every empire throughout history has ended up multicultural, which isn't to say every civilization does, but most. I can't think of an empire that hasn't. So interestingly, Canada kind of functions like an empire, has all these contained ethnic groups that it's trying to reconcile constantly. It's been constantly trying to figure out what to do with these groups that and we're not demanding really that they assimilate. We don't have a melting pot ideology up here. In fact, America never really had a melting pot. That was a bit of subversive fiction that was foisted upon you. But there's this idea that what is a Canadian is a Canadian one of these four founding stocks. That's most nationalists would believe. But it may really made me wonder that if we had to make a Canadian, what would a Canadian? Because there's characteristics that you would assume Canadians have, but they tend to be of the angle variety. But there's a lot of internal conflict in America in Canada rather right now, especially if you've heard about the Alberta separation movement. Alberta wants to separate. Part of that's driven by Trump's annexation doc, but not all of it. They've been unhappy for a long time. I'm hearing the same thing from British Columbia. Quebec has been talking about separating since I was a teenager. Manitoba is talking about it right now. So there's there's this I claim that we've made that the promise of confederation. What made Canada? Well, what made Canadian confederation? That was the movement to unite Canada from east to west. Was to create this united land mass and connect it with one giant rail line to facilitate trade east and west. So we did not all become dependent on American trade and business. That ended up happening anyway, But the entire reason we had this confederation movement was to mutually benefit every province financially. And I hate to say it, there's a strong argument to be made that we have not been keeping up that promise. In fact, the government situated in Ontario has been you know, handicapping Alberta for quite some time. So that's all to say that there's a lot of problems up here that people don't feel united politically. They certainly don't feel united ethnically. And so what is Canada because we can we even call ourselves a nation And we get into this in the film how do you define a nation? Again? This is something many other larger creators have talked about. We cite many books in this as well. But you know, the idea of nationalism or a nation of people goes back to the Middle Ages even but nationalism as a modern movement you can trace to around the nineteenth century. But the idea is, you know, a nation needs to be a coherent people and then you can grow into a larger sort of orientation. But you know, if you're not a coherent people, and even within Canada are there is ore Ontarians akherent people the Quebecua, I believe are, but are Albertans. What does Alberta standing alone in the world stage look like? So anyway, these are the questions that we're asking about. Okay, what who are these people? What is a Canadian? And can you create a new ethnicity in the twenty first century? What does that look like? It is possible to do. You can have nations on the smaller scale, We have nations all through Canada and the forms of Aboriginal tribal bands, your American Indians you might have. They they are nations unto themselves legally up here and they would have a self awareness of themselves that is profoundly you know, nationalistic. And we give other sources, examples and sources in the film looking at Oriana and looking at these these emergent peoples all throughout you know, Africa and elsewhere, you know. So it's it's not a question of size. It's actually more of a question of will. And so if you wanted to, it's less about uniting the entirety of Canada, which might be a fool's errand and more about you understand that there's there's something to being a Canadian, Okay, can you and a group of communities or families actually start something of an ethnogenesis in the twenty first century in Canada And that really became the through line of the entire piece. And it's a it's a pretty daring case to be made, and we do it well. But I gave you a lot of stuff just there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a couple things there. So you mentioned earlier the different kind of power blocks within Canada, and as far as I understand, or as far as I've had it explained to me, what these state level independence movements are basically a conflict between the Laurentsian elite and the kind of like local power block which sort of draws its power from resource extraction, right, oil, gas, things like that, And so essentially, as far as I understand it those two groups are in conflict. That conflict is waged in terms of environmental policy on one hand and actually making money on the other. And so is that the kind of fault line? Is there a broader culture issue? How would you rate that analysis? And then also why would should we say Canada proper right the kind of current legitimate structure, why would they let that happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, to answer your question, there's a four main plow power blocks. I would say elite par blocks. So the Laurentians would be the biggest ones, and they're situated in Ontario. And so Ontario is where the nation's capital is, but it's also the financial center of Canada, and I would place that in Toronto. So i'd say the biggest city in Canada is also in Ontario. That would be Toronto. Of course, there's Vancouver, of course, there's Calgary, There's some other big cities. Montreal, of course, Montreal's amazing city. But Toronto represents the financial and business center of the nation as far as I see it. And then you also have the nation's capital. So the elite, the government elite, and the business elite are clustered pretty closely. Together and that will constitute the Laurentian center power. Then you have the Western Block and that's that's a lot of Alberta, and that's a lot of these oil companies and they would have gotten like they'll lorentially can trace their power back to the founding of Canada. They're one of the oldest ones, I say, the Western elites. They're more not new oil based, but their power comes from oil and the Alberta oil sands. And you know they've you've got the government getting in their way of extracting the oil legally and through policy and whatnot. And that without getting too much into the minutia oft Canadian politics, this is why I say Alberta has a point to why the center of power in the country's getting in their way. Then you have the Quebec elites and they get a lot of their Honestly, they get a lot of their money from government subsidies. In Canada, we have what are known and as have and have not provinces and we make equalization payments, so provinces that have a lot of money just give money to other provinces. And the number one recipient of this has been Quebec. For like decades, and the number one payer of this has been Alberta. Alberta in Ontario, but mostly Alberta. I think, so Alberta at some point saying why are we giving billions of dollars to Quebec And all Quebec does is complain about us and contribute fucking nothing. I'm sorry, I love Quebec, but you don't fucking do anything. They've got like telecom companies, and they have this entrenched elite thing, but other than that, they're not. It's like they make circ to Sola and that's it. And I don't know if anyone's going to Cerch to Solat like they did ten years ago. I think they flew to the market. So then you know, those are the main ones. And then you have these elite families. These are they kind of fall in the orbit of these centers of power. But you have you know, the Molson family and all these dynastic families. Again, they can trace their lineage back many, many generations, but so many of them fall into the orbit of if not Canadian power, then American power as well. Their business interests in line with America. So that's more or less the outline here. Now your second question was why would they allow this to happen. So, just to clarify, allow what to happen.
Speaker 2: Allow some sort of separation or separatist movement, right, why would they allow their natural resources to leave?
Speaker 1: Oh? They never would, and that's why the way to view the separation movement is more of a shakedown. And I say that with all due respect and love and adoration because I love shakedowns. But Quebec has tried to leave in my life twice. So the way you exit the country is you have a referendum and it gets put up to a vote, So every province needs to vote on whether or not you can leave. So every province can just vote no, which is what they did to Quebec, which is why Quebec is still part of Canada. So practically they're not going to leave. They're just not right. Secondly, I don't think they really want to leave. I don't think Alberta that stands apart from the rest of Canada. I don't think that puts them really in an advantageous position. Actually don't think they've thought about that deeply. It's very popular, it's more popular than it's ever been, and I understand why I don't think they're going to separate. I don't think the will is there in Alberta, and I don't think the will is there outside of Alberta. But what I think it's just them causing a problem, taking their grievance auto saying fuck you to Parliament, and they should. But I just not long after that BC British Columbia was they have their own separatist movement, why just to become part of China. So there's a lot of chatter about this, but I don't detect that they're really serious about it, although I do think it's valid. But the same reason I don't think Trump is serious about annex and Canada. If you really think about it, it wouldn't serve his interest. I don't think it would serve Alberta's interests. I just think they want the government to stop fucking with them and they should.
Speaker 2: Right fair enough, that makes sense. So when we're talking about the different sort of nations within Canada, right you mentioned and the the to use your term, uh, the the Canadian Aboriginals uh or as I call them, uh, filthy red savages.
Speaker 1: But because I don't know if I red, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Dimes. You were naive enough to assume that that this is uh based in any sort of observation or firsthand experience. This is pure naked bagotry.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but some are. I get where the red comes from, but I don't know if we got that up here. I think it's colder.
Speaker 2: So the uh, we we just.
Speaker 1: We just we just we just showed up in Chinese people were here. We had to think of a different name to call them anyway, And.
Speaker 2: For some reason you're like, you know what we need even more Chinese.
Speaker 1: You know, it's two great things to go great together, Chinese and more Chinese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sound like a It's sort of like a Japanese sergeant in like nineteen thirty four, Like I could do with some more Chinese people, just.
Speaker 1: A Japanese guy in America, I could do with a few more Chinese.
Speaker 2: Like who's this unrelated?
Speaker 1: Then you see the fucking Kairo on the bottom Pearl Harbor nineteen forties. I don't know. I don't know when that shit happened.
Speaker 2: If it did. Uh, But you mentioned that, right, You mentioned the kind of small indigenous communities, But couldn't a skeptic look at that and say, well that that life seems awful, right, like just you know, sitting on your reservation drinking yourself to death. Do you give them casinos up there or is that our innovation they do?
Speaker 1: But I don't think it's at the scale of America. Like I know there's over here in a terrible got like Mohawk territory, so there's like Mohawk casinos and stuff in their reservation. I mean, honestly, you dry through a reservation up here and it's all gas stations and we dispensaries because they treat gas and weed as kind of the same things. So I guess that makes.
Speaker 2: Indian's own Indian gas stations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that's the whole idea, is that since they're there tribal bands or nations under themselves, they can chart. They can just have different taxes or have no taxes at different laws there.
Speaker 2: So I don't know exactly what guns you fell for a classic blunder, assuming I meant when I used that word twice in the same sentence, amended in the same context, I'm asking have the have the dot types uh infiltrated into feathery.
Speaker 1: Ah, it's it's I get it now. You're trying to he's trying to get them a good side. So I camplain about Indians here, I don't I don't know. I don't know, Like I don't know. Here's what's interesting is that I speak to nationalists all the time. Look, you know i's talking about. This was Geo Pinochetti, who I'm sure you're aware of, and he was like, there's got to be some relationship that can be broken between nationalists of our side and over there they must have their own nationalists. I'm like, yeah, maybe, but you don't understand how much they hate white people, like they really there's no way around that. And I don't know how that affects their view of mass Indian migration. I just don't know, because they don't want to talk to us, and I have a feeling they would dislike us both egally. But I don't know. I don't think that the new Indians even want to fuck with the old Indians because like these reserves suck man like no one's like Indians want to be in urban centers and suburbs. They don't want to go into like the rural areas where you know they're living like rednecks. Basically and they say that with affection, right, But like that that's completely antithetical to the Indian worldview where they're like going hiking and sand like they're going hiking up a mountain and sandals. They don't know what they're doing. They don't know where they are at any given moment. So yeah, I don't think they'll encroach over there. I think that was the answer to your question. It was an answered to something.
Speaker 2: Look, I thinking I might title this the worst documentary review ever because we talked about this.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it's actually it's it actually is all related because it's you might you might not think so. Good guys, watch watch it and tell me how related is all to all this? Because we're talking about the power box. I don't here's that the documentary is also created for a mainstream audience. So there's some people who've been initiated into our ideas and our talking points. For some of this might seem old hat, but it's not for you and I the best reviews I have heard from people liked it and said this is something I can show my aunt, my mom, my work friend, or something. You know, if you've listened to Blood Sale, we can be a bit, you know, outside the bounds on certain things, but little toward There's none of that in here. This was made to introduce, if not mainstream aligned people, then people who are maybe on the periphery of that and looking for something else. It's trying to introduce some pretty radical ideas, maybe some ideas that these people haven't heard before, package in a certain way that they haven't seen before. And that's what this one. The first documentary was great, that one might even be easier to show people, and this one was more fashion from my way of thinking. So it lives or dies based on that. Some people might think it's too weird. I'll own that, but we take it in some pretty weird directions and it's got a pretty large ambition for this thing of what it wants to get across to someone just a first time viewer who hasn't really heard it any these ideas before. So that that was the ambition of this project. But believe me, everything that we're talking about serves that interest. We can emplain about Indians more if you want to, because I don't mind that. I'll do that all day.
Speaker 2: I got a video taken down for talking about them, so I got to be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do it. I can do it in a nice way. But I think that we don't there's certain groups that a lot of people blame for this or that. I'm not going to mention it on the show, but now that comes up in the film at all, you know, baby steps.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and so I'm curious because in my mind, the last event in Canadian politics was justin Trudeau dating Katy Perry, and then before that it was the Trucker protest, and then before that the War of eighteen twelve. Yeah, so in my mind it seemed as if during the coop there was this sort of explosion of discontent. And I don't see that anymore now. As I've said earlier, don't have the you know, my ear to the ground when it comes to Canadian politics. But is the public primed for this sort of product?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Are they in a moment of profound discontent? What is the feeling on the ground.
Speaker 1: That's a very interesting question. It's a big question. I'm going to try and answer it as acutely as I can. So the Trucker protest was so interesting because a lot of people didn't expect that from Canada and there's a few realities that facilitated that. One is that there is a pretty strong you know, people have this idea of Canada, like I described it as sort of liberals and whatnot, but there's a like, there's only really a few cities that matter in Canada, and it's said a lot of towns, a lot of villages, a lot of rural areas, and a lot of people who are very outdoorsy. So you have a certain I don't want to call it a frontier character up here, but maybe I will. Maybe I'll just fucking say that. But there's a lot of people who are a bit more conservatively aligned. And the Trucker protests, you know, coalesced a lot of different groups. It was, you know, vaccine skeptics plus conspiracy guys, plus white nationalists plus free speech people plus like, there's a lot of right wing groups that probably wouldn't get along otherwise that really crashed together and did this one miraculous thing that was so cool to see and it was so big. And then there's still some people that have been arrested that are dealing with the consequences of that. But one of the things that facilitated that was that the Canadian security apparatus and the Canadian military. They did not have the ability to project force inward. And I think that was what scared them, that if they wanted to send in the cops of the military to stop this, they fucking couldn't. They just didn't have the manpower, They didn't have the will, they didn't have the strength, they didn't have the plan to do that like they would in America. America can direct so much power at its own citizens at any given moment. But they couldn't do that and can. I think that showed a great weakness in their ability to marshal their forces interiorly. But you know, so what does what does that represent? So I would say that of those groups I mentioned, they don't align on most things when it comes to even mass migration. At that time, there might have been a lot of anti vaccine people like the Alex Jones types. Right, like Alex Jones, even though they tried to turn info Wars trans for some reason, Alex Jones for being a far right schitzo, he's always been pretty LGBT friendly. A'm ninety nine percent sure he had Blair White's feet in his mouth, and that you know, he's he's not a racist guy either, right, So you had like those people who wouldn't even agree on racial stuff, and maybe they've come around recently, but you know, if you were trying to build a movement with them outside of that flashpoint, you probably couldn't. So we're talking about what is the movement on the ground. I'm right now I am more excited than I've ever been and more hopeful from seeing groups like the Dominion Society up here in Canada and Second Sons up here in Canada. Both these groups I speak to the leadership of them quite often. The Domain Society ran by Daniel Tyree, which is a political organization. Second Sons is more of an active club network, but very nationalist minded guys. The growth of these groups has been phenomenal. I'd see the growth is more impressive than anything I've seen outside of America, and maybe even compared to America, just from the numbers I'm seeing and the quality of the people who are involved in the projects that they're starting to pull off. So based on the feedback to that, I think the movement on the ground and sort of the tone of everything is very very good, at least where I am in Ontario. I can't speak to what it's like across the country, but the growth of these groups, these nationalist minded groups, these remigration groups, has been phenomenal and the amount of content people don't like to talk about that, but I would say the intellectual movement from some other people, other content creators that are trying to dig through Canadian history and make it more relevant to Canadians. So they're not just always drawn towards international politics and international concerns, like they're trying to get a stronger awareness of themselves, of their history and make it more relevant to Canadians today. And so much of Canada's history is pretty nationalistic and you know, a militaristic in tone. So I'm very hopeful from what I'm seeing from the youth, people younger than myself. I'm not that old, so I think the stage is set right now for some very very interesting things. And I think for a lot of people in the conservative movement, they're kind of they're gravitating a way from the center of that because they're looking at Pere Polyev. What time are we at? Am I going to Okay, we have some time, so I'll explain what happened with Trudeau was really interesting because you remember Justin Trudeau, don't you. Yes, I'm familiar with Yeah. So he was really funny because he's been stupid for that as long as he's been Prime minister. But at some point near the end of his tenure, there was a green light that was placed over his head that made it okay to bully him, bully him in a way that I've never seen done to a world leader by his own people, even with like George W. Bush. But that's where you started seeing fuck Trudeau bumper stickers everywhere. You saw like ladies making fun of Trudeau for being stupid and whatnot. And I was hopeful for a minute because he got a divorce while he was Prime minister and he started getting a beard, but a very specific type of divorced guy beard. And I said, Weave, I don't even think America has had a proper divorced president, and we've certainly never had a divorced prime minister. Are we ready for such a thing? And I'm like, this guy, he's got a divorced brain right now. He's capable of anything. It's like when Trump got shot in the fucking head. You don't know what he's going to do next, right, same thing, like a man going through divorce might as well be shot in the side of the head. But everyone was just making making fun of this guy, and because there was such a green light placed over bullying him, it's you know, I think people got like the wrong idea about how Canadians feel about the Liberal Party. And so because everyone was making buntradea this guy named Peter Poliev who is a leader of the Conservative Party, he was a shoe in at the election. Trudeau was on his way out, he announced everyone he didn't even want to be Prime minister anymore. So this guy Pierre Poliev, who's a fucking dork, who doesn't have a single original idea in his head. You know, he's a shoe and he's gonna just slide right in there. And then here comes this guy named Mark Carney and just decimates him. Because it turns out no one, no one liked the Conservative Party as much as they hated Trudeau, and just because they hated Trudeau didn't mean they disliked the Liberal Party at all. And so that's what happened at that election. And even prior to the election, we were saying Pierre Poulyev is gonna lose. The Conservaives are gonna lose. And that was hopeful because I said, you know what they can do now is they can reassess. Get Pierre Poliev out of there, find a new guy. Who are you gonna get, I don't know, go crazy, Find a dark horse candidate like Trump, Find a psychopath, I don't know, you know, find just anyone but Kevin O'Leary. You know. But what they I wasn't expecting them to do what they did, which was just keep pure poly even power and change nothing. So right now there's a lot of people in the Conservative Party that are looking for not an out, but saying that what the fuck are we doing? Mark Karney, the liberal prime minister, We're gonna have twenty five years of him. You could be prime minister for as long as you want. By the way he could be. He could be prime minister for one hundred thousand years if he wants to, if he just keeps getting re elected. So there's people within the Conservative movement they're looking for some of that energy that they felt. They remember what it's like to hate a liberal leader, They remember what it was like for the Trucker protests. There's something here, and these conservatives, the prison they're in is so fucking boring and offers them nothing. All it offers is scolding. So I'm looking at them and saying, there's an alternative, and it's it's this other thing outside of the politics. This this this emergence nationalistic thing that I was just describing.
Speaker 2: So, Dimes, we are fast approaching time. I'll make sure to link to this documentary. Everyone should check it out. It got burden wife seal of approval, so matters to you. Yeah, she liked it, and so you know, for what.
Speaker 1: The brain's upound the operation, it's.
Speaker 2: Uh uh yeah, I've you know, we kind of floated the wrong idea, you know, like, oh, it'd be you know, fun, maybe you and I do a show talking to her and she goes, yeah, now, why would I listen to you steal my ideas? Wow? Okay, fine? Uh in all seriousness, she enjoyed it. So if that kind of you know, a lofty praise moves you, I'll be sure to link it, Dimes. Where else can people find you?
Speaker 1: Oh, you can go over to blood Satellite dot Ca to find all of our content from the show. On there and clips and full episodes and everything. I'm on substack at Vanguardist Journal dot substack dot com. Jay was so gracious has to include a link to that on our last appearance. But those are the main things. I'm also on x at Legally Ironic.
Speaker 2: Well if you're interested, highly recommend it. As far as my stuff, Jayburden Show, Apple, Spotify, YouTube, you guys know where to find me. I appreciate it. And the dimes. Thank you again. Man, This is a ton of fun.
Speaker 1: Every time I come here. That's That's not Bagaragary program.