Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program.
Speaker 1: Wor's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: This month is post Traumatic Stress Disorder Awareness Month. Lots of my patients suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. And there's lots of different reasons. It could be where they got back from the military. You know, they were fighting in Afghanistan or Ukraine, or Israel or Iraq, and they, you know, on these foreign countries and they've seen people die, their friends get killed, people lose their limbs, they've seen people bombed and shot and blood and guts and that's traumatic. And when they come back to America and try and live a normal life, they can't because their brain is wired in this stress mode. It's called post traumatic stress disorder. Now, it doesn't just have to be you know, going to war.
Speaker 4: It could be even when you were.
Speaker 3: When you were born, right, So some kids have postumatic stress. They had the court wrapped around their neck. Sometimes it's at one years old they fell off the bed. Sometimes it's two or three years old when they fell down the stairs. Sometimes it's younger. They got raped. Sometimes they lost the loved one. Sometimes they've had, you know, emotional stress, abused by their parents. Sometimes they've gotten to a trauma like a car accident or you know, I had a patient today they got hit in the head with the baseball bat and they have post traumatic stress disorder.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: It could be you know, you were exposed to chemicals. It could be you know your spouse was cheating on you for ten years. You know, there's so much different types of trauma. There's emotional trauma, there's physical trauma, right, there's chemical trauma, there's mental trauma. There's all different types of trauma. We were all traumatized with COVID.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Every day you turn on the TV. See all these people dying.
Speaker 4: That's traumatic.
Speaker 3: See everyone running a mess, everyone's telling you we're all going to die. That's traumatic. So we have this whole generation of kids that are grown up in trauma, very scary, never seen as much anxiety in young people, as I have the last four to five years. That's the true epidemic for kids. It's not COVID, it's anxiety. It's the mental disorders. It's the depression. They're traumatized and their brains are wired that way, and this happened as their brains developed. So as adults, it's gonna be bad news unless we rewire their brain, unless we use a process called neuroplasticity, so we don't have post traumatic stress disorder. I have to rewire your brain because right now, when you go to sleep at night, your door's locked, there's a roof up over your head, you got clothes on your back, you have food in the refrigerator, So.
Speaker 4: Your brain should be relaxed. You're not in Ukraine, you're not getting bombed.
Speaker 3: You should be calm, cool and collected, and maybe consciously you're not in stress mode, right, so you don't go around thinking somebody's gonna hurt you or mug you or rape you. But subconsciously, your brain's ready to be attacked by the lion. And these type of patients, they might have sleep deprivation, they might have ADHD, they might worry a lot, they might even have anger or aggression. They might have anxiety, they might have pass disorder. These people say their mind's racing a million times a minute. It's gotta slow down. The brain's overactive, right, it's not rocket science. The brain's overactive. We gotta calm it down. So when we see patients with post traumatic stress disorder, we're gonna calm down their brain. Through neuroplasticity, you can rewire your brain. Just like you could get a muscle stronger, you can get your brain stronger so it can handle stress. There's lots of different ways to get your brain stronger so it can handle stress. One of the things you could do is end your shower with cold. It's painful, it's tough. I've been doing it for years. Still don't like it. I like when I end it. But you gotta be uncomfortable. If you know how to be uncomfortable, you can handle stress better. So every time it's cold, don't put on your coat, you know, go outside in a T shirt and shorts in the winter, you know, not all day long, well maybe for a minute or two and suffer.
Speaker 4: Get your brain stronger, you.
Speaker 3: Know, as it gets hot out, don't always put on the air condition Suffer a little bit. Maybe you sweat a little bit, but that makes your brain stronger, you know, But eight o'clock at night, don't eat, go to bed hungry, suffer.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 3: That helps you deal with air anxiety and stress. Because if every time you're cold you turn on the heat, and every time you're hot, you turn on the air conditioner, and every time you're hungry you eat, and every time you're tired you take a nap. You got to push through it. You gotta be more resilient. You gotta be uncomfortable. Then you can handle the stress better. But if only activities are done that you're very comfortable with, then your brain doesn't have to work. You got to do new challenges, meet new people, do new activities, take on new hobbies, learn a new task. Get your brain stronger and more resilient. Challenge yourself. Make the brain work for it. You can handle stress better.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Memorize people's phone numbers. Challenge yourself. Memorize your grocery list, memorize the address, memorize the directions. Challenge yourself. Don't be so comfortable. You gotta be uncomfortable. Do things that you're not used to all right, that's when your brain gets strong. When you're uncomfortable, Now do it in a way that's safe.
Speaker 4: All right. You gotta be safe, But.
Speaker 3: You gotta challenge yourself.
Speaker 4: Right. Imagine you went to the gym and all you did was lift.
Speaker 3: Three pounds, and you never challenge yourself, and you never got uncomfortable. You wouldn't gain any muscle mass. You know, you gotta when you go to the gym, you gotta sweat a little bit. Your heart has to beat a little fast. Your muscle's gotta strain a little bit. You gotta challenge yourself. You got to be uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: That's when you improve.
Speaker 3: Always be uncomfortable. Be uncomfortable in your relationship, Be vulnerable, Be uncomfortable in your job. Work harder than you can ever imagine. It will pay off. And I don't care what you do. If you sweep the steps, make those steps look as beautiful as possible. Right, whatever you do, take pride in your work. Be the best. If you answer the phones, be the best phone answer. You take out the garbage, be the best garbage person.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You got to have good customer service. Be the best customer. I don't care what your job is right. I'm a doctor. I want to be the best doctor ever. I want to blow my patients away. I want to teach them stuff that no doctors ever teach them. I want to get to the root cause of their problem instead of hiding up symptoms. I want patience to know that I care about them and that my team cares about them. All right, we got to be the best. If you try your hardest, which is being uncomfortable, you're gonna get those results. All right. Maybe you don't want to wake up early Sunday morning to go to church. You gotta be uncomfortable whatever it is. Maybe you don't want to volunteer at eight o'clock at night. You got to be uncomfortable. But that's when you get stronger. So if you have post traumatic stress disorder, one of the things you have to do is rewire your brain through a process called neuroplasticity, to make your brain stronger and more resilient. Because there's always going to be stresses in your life. Right, we got to handle the stress. We don't want you to end up like those veteran homeless people that can't get their brain in order to function in normal society. So When you have post traumatic stress disorder, you have to rewire your brain. Just like if you injured a muscle, you got to do physical therapy. If you have post traumatic stress disorder, you have to rewire your brain with a functionalurologist so that you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At kaplanbrainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, caplan or visit kaplandc dot com for more.
Speaker 3: Information function better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power so this month Is Post Dramatic Stress Disorder Awareness. Month we see tons of patients with post dramatic stress disorder and this is a big problem which could lead to major issues down the. Road it could lead to, anxiety panic, disorders high blood, pressure heart, attack, stroke, cancer, headaches, insomnia, on immune. Disease the list goes on and. On post traumatic stress disorder isn't just oh you hear you, know the a loud sound and you think it's a gun shooting At you could get a lot more. INTENSE i have a patient who was raped as a little girl by her. Uncle she actually had to run away from home because her parents didn't protect her when she was like twelve years. Old and what happened, was when she was a little, girl she would hear the door creak open in the middle of the, night and she knew when that door creaked, open that was her uncle coming to rape. Her as an, adult every time she heard the door, creak she had post traumatic stress, disorder and then she started getting flashbacks of her uncle and that created panic, attack, anxiety, insomnia she couldn't hold down her, job she couldn't hold a, relationship she lost all her quality of. Life so we had to rewire her, brain and we have to teach, her, hey every time that door, opens you're. Safe no one's trying to hurt you. Anymore that was fifteen years. Ago right, now you're. Safe if we don't rewire the, brain it gets stuck in stress, mode and we call that the fighter flight. Mode and we're in that fighter flight, mode you're gonna have increased. Cortisol and cortisol is the stress, hormone and that will mess up a lot of, things can mess up your, sleep your. Metabolism so a lot of people have that belly fat it's from. Cortisol so they're in stress. Mode have a lot of people that, say, OH i, EXERCISE i eat, healthy attack OF i can't lose this weight because you're in stress. Mode you have too much. Cortisol cortisol is the stress, hormone and so we've got to decrease, cortisol especially at. Night so at, night if we want to decrease, cortosol we gotta make sure we're not WATCHING, tv especially you, know if you're WATCHING, tv about the zombie, apocalypse and you're watching the news about the murder in The, bronx and you're watching you, know THE svu about you, know people getting, raped and you, know you're watching murders and captions and traumas and you, know everything ON. Tv it's pretty. Intense it's pretty. Scary it's not. Relaxing it's meant to kind of uh peaque your. Interest so they're not going to do, boring relaxation. Stuff they're gonna be more scary, thrillers, drama, murders, mysteries all this. Tension and if you watch, that you, know an hour or two before, bedtime, oh you're not gonna get good to deep. Sleep you're gonna be traumatized all night. Long you're gonna dream in. Drama so it starts with at. Night, now the ideal way at night is to have no electronics and no. Food so if you can end dinner by six pm and then you go outside watch the, sunset you're gonna decrease your Cortisol and then when you come, home you're gonna dim all the, lights turn off the, computer turn off THE, tv turn off your cell, phone unplug you're gonna relax the brain you're gonna bring down. Cortisol don't eat eating food increases. Cortisol why do you want to eat at night when we just want to. Relax the time to eat is during the day when You're the time to eat is morning and afternoon when you gotta get stuff. Done the time to eat is not at nighttime when you need to. Relax you need to chill, out you need to calm. Down you need to bring down your. Cortisol food increases. Cortisol THE tv increases, cortisol the cell phone increases. Cortisol your computer increases, Cortisol your iPad increases. Cortisol all your smart, devices Your WiFi increases. Cortisol your FIVE g data increases. Cortisol all, right so turn everything, off, unplug don't even Have Wi, fi use Your ethernet, cable don't Use, bluetooth use wire headphones.
Speaker 4: Right stop using all These.
Speaker 3: Wi, Fi bluetooth, data all these signals you can't see they have these electromagnetic frequencies that causes. Inflammation we don't want. That if you have to carry your phone, on you put it on airplane. Mode but if your data is on FIVE, g Your Wi fi is, on and your phone is in your front. Pocket if you're, male you're gonna get testicular. Cancer if you're, female you're gonna get ovarian. Cancer you have to put it in your back. Pocket you can get prostate cancer or colon. Cancer you put it in your, chest you're gonna have a heart attack or lung. Cancer and if you hold it next to your, ear you're gonna get brain. Cancer these smart devices are like microwave. Ovens you're literally radiating whatever body part is closest to your phone or your computer or your. iPad you gotta.
Speaker 4: Unplug turn it off.
Speaker 3: If you want to bring down your, inflammation if you want to decrease your overactive. Brain so if you have post traumatic stress, disorder you gotta calm down your. Brain you gotta cool.
Speaker 4: Down you're.
Speaker 3: Inflamed one of the best ways to cool your brain down is to dip your head in a bucket of ice water that's fifty degrees. Fahrenheit that will literally stimulate your parasympathetic nervous system to get you out of that fight or flight post traumatic stress. Disorder you want to be in the fight or flight mode.
Speaker 4: Like you're in the. Army we want to be in a calm.
Speaker 3: Rael rest and digestate so you don't get a heart attack or, stroke or anxiety or panic or, worry or you get angry or. Aggressive gotta calm down the. Brain got to relax the. Brain ice water on your face will calm down the. Brain gurgling what it's called your vagus. Nerve your vagus nerve will get you in a relaxed. State, now when you, gargle you gotta do it really. Intensely the louder the, gurgle the. BETTER i want you to be so loud that you wake up your. Neighbors so if you have, anxiety post traumatic stress, disorder you get, panic, insomnia start. Gargling gurgle really. Intensely the louder the, gurgle the. Better and gargle with you, know hot, water cold, water salt, water a lot of, water a little. Water it's more the. Action it's not about what's in your. Mouth but that being, said don't use mouthwash because mouthwash is made from, alcohol and alcohol kills off all the good. Bacteria we want good bacteria in our, mouth we just don't want the bad bacteria in our. Mouth so the best way to get rid of the bad bacteria it's called oil. Pulling so you get some moreganic coconut, oil and right in the, morning right when you wake, up before you even speak to, anybody before you, swallow take some coconut. Oil swish it around your mouth.
Speaker 4: And you. It swish, it swish, it get.
Speaker 3: In all the, crevices it comes in between the, teeth and that will literally kill off the. Bacteria and then you spit it out in the, garbage not in the. Pipe we don't want to ruin our pipes with the, oil but spit it out in the garbage because you don't want to swallow it. Either that's all the bad bacteria you gotta get rid. Of so the coconut oil will kill off the bad, bacteria sparing the good. Bacteria but alcohol listerine mouthwash will kill off. Everything and your mouth needs good bacteria and your gut needs good. Bacteria that's why antibiotics are bad, also because that kills off all the good. Bacteria we don't want to kill the good. Bacteria so if you ever have taken, antibiotics you must take. Probiotics and if you are taking, antibotics you do probiotics in. Between so if you take, antibiotics eight am and eight. Pm you take probiotics at two, pm and then after you're done taking. Antibiotics you got to take lots of, probiotics and every two months switch it because you want different, bacteria different, Strains they have different jobs and. Activities and you, know once we get your good gut microbiome, going you don't have to keep taking the same probiotic because now they're replenishing on their. Own so we don't want to take antibioticsa that kills the good. Bacteria we don't want to take drink or use listering because that kills the good. Bacteria we don't want to take necessarily statins because that kills the good. Cholesterol, right our body has good, bacteria it's got good, cholesterol it's got good brain.
Speaker 4: Cells we just.
Speaker 3: Need those glio those nursal cells to take away the bad brain. Cells because remember we lose ten percent of our brain cells every decade of our life after the age of. Forty but we got to make sure that the brain cells that die off are the bad brain. Cells and we cleanse out that bad brain cells and preserve and, replenish and we oxygenate all the good brain cells to get better on neuroplastic changes in your brain so you can function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric caplan and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power if you want to improve your brain, function help with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches brain, fog weight, loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future, diseases that this is the show for. You don't mis boost your brain power with Doctor Eric kaplan and you will learn, natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such As, Alzheimer's parkinson's, stroke, autism add, concussion autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines four posture, PAIN, tbi skin and digestive. Problems Doctor caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health, conditions rather than treating cziptoms with traditional medicines and risky. Surgeries to contact The Doctor, kaplan you can call his team at two oh one two six one two zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot.
Speaker 3: Com function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power this month is Post Traumatic Stress disorder, month and we see lots of patients with post traumatic stress. Disorder we have to rewire the. Brain you got to, say, hey you know, what you can be, relaxed and there's lots of ways to get your brain in a relaxed. State, now what a lot of people do is, meditation and you don't have to do like THE tm where you do you, know a half hour twice a. DAY i do a thirty second. Meditation that's all you. Need but every day it's more about the. Consistency i'd rather you do seven days a week of meditating for thirty seconds than one day a week of meditating for a half. Hour the consistency is very. Important now an easy meditation THAT i do because a lot of people with post traumatic stress disorder they can't meditate because they can't shut their brains. Off so we got to come up with strategies to relax the brain and then you'll be able to meditate.
Speaker 4: More in the.
Speaker 3: Meantime just do a thirty second. MEDITATION i call it the relax, technique and you start at the top of your head and you close your eyes and you say, relax and you imagine the muscles on the top of your head melting and. Relaxing then you go to your forehead you say, relax and then you go to your Tech, relax go to your, Eyes relax your, Jaw relax your, mouth relax your, Chain relax your, Neck relax your, Shoulders relax your, back relax all the way down your, Hips relax your, knees relax your, Feet relax your.
Speaker 4: Toes.
Speaker 3: Relax so you do every single body. Part you just pick thirty body, parts so one body part a, second and you just relax those areas and you'll, See, hey when you get your shoulders you say, relax you'll actually feel your shoulders go. Down when you get to your jaw and you say, relax you'll feel that tension. Decrease because a lot of people post traumatic, stress they don't even realize they're tensing their, jaw they're tensing their their, neck their, hips their. Legs so every single day you do a thirty second relax meditation. Technique it's all about the consistency that will help your brain get in a more relaxed. State then you want to practice mindfulness very important for post traumatic stress. Disorders practicing. Mindfulness mindfulness is when you only do one thing at a. Time you, know when you're reading a, book you're reading a. Book you don't have THE tv in the. Background you're not you, know eating breakfast at the same. Time you're just focused on reading the. Book when you're eating, lunch you're focused on eating lunch that's scrolling through social. Media you focus on the, tastes on the, smell on the, texture and you look at all the different colors of your salad or whatever you're, eating and you hear the crunch as you. Chew focus on those five senses of whatever you're. Doing but be, mindful and when you, choose chose thirty five times so you can really taste it and break it down in your mouth with all that good bacteria because you did your oil. Pulling when you're at the, gym be at the. Gym don't be gossiping talking to your. Friends don't be on your cell phone texting. People be in gym. Mode when you're on a, date put your cell phone. Away you shouldn't be looking at your cell. Phone you're on a, Date be one on one with your spouse or your significant, other and be focused on date. Night when you're.
Speaker 4: At, work focus on.
Speaker 3: Work you shouldn't be looking On facebook or checking your emails or text, messages shouldn't be calling your spouse or your. Friends be in work. Mode so when you're, eating you're in eating. Mode when you're, reading you're in reading. Mode when you're at the, gym you're in jim. Mode you're at work your work. Mode when you come, home it's dad, time it's husband. Time be in family. Mode. Right so that's mindfulness very important for your. Brain so if you have post traumatic, stress start practicing mindfulness one thing at a. Time we gotta shut off the, brain gotta chill it out. Overstimulation one good exercise to chill out the brain is where you listen to music but only focus on one instrument and, Say i'm only going to listen to the, Bass i'm only going to listen to the, drums only gonna listen to, Piano i'm only going to listen to the, guitar and then you shut off all the other. Sounds you don't even realize it because you're focusing on, that that becomes really, loud and everything else will become even. Softer that helps to relax your. Brain it's a pretty cool. Strategy take advantage of the stuff that you learn on my show because it's. Free it's, easy but you just got to do it every. Day it's about the consistency anything in, life it's about. Consistency can't just brush your teeth one. Day you gotta brush your teeth every, morning every, evening after every, meal over and over and over, again so you don't get. Cavities don't wait until you get. Cavities don't wait until you need a root. Canal don't wait for the oral surgeon. Gingerviatis take action now and flass every, day and use the water pick and brush your teeth and clean in your tongue an oil pull and don't use. Fluoride look into hydroxy. Appetite very good for the, teeth all, Right so an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of. Cure so if you have post traumatic, stress don't wait till you have high blood, pressure and now you got to start taking. Medication don't wait until you get a stroke or a heart. Attack don't wait until you get, cancer don't wait until you have. Insomnia don't wait to have a panic disorder or severe. Anxiety take action, now rewire your, brain get your body out of that stress. Mode you don't want to be in a fight or. Flight you want to be in the rest and. Digest that's why a lot of people will post traumatic stress have digested problems because they're not in a camp. State they're not in the rest and. Digest so not only WILL i have sleep, problems either trouble falling asleep or staying, asleep but also have digestive. Problems and it could be, colitis or it could BE, ibs or it could be silliac, disease or it could Be crohn's.
Speaker 4: Disease or it could be.
Speaker 3: Bloating or gas or acid reflux or, gourd or it could be a, Hernia it could be the. Esophagus it could be you have decreased stomach. Acid you, know there could be so many different causes of digestive problems when you have a post traumatic stress. Disorder so normally we think of that as a brain, issue but your brain controls your. Gut and then when you have your gut. Inflamed, now if you get exposed to a bacteria or virus or parasite or worm or. Cancer now you have what's called a leaky and the bad, stuff whether it's yeast or mold or, whatever it, is heavy. Metals they enter the bloodstream because now you have these big holes from a leaky. Gut now they can attack your brain and then you're stuck in this vicious. Cycle that's not. Good it's gonna rewind your brain through a process called, neuroplasticity so you're not in that post traumatic stress. Disorder but there's lots of strategies you could take besides you, know practicing, meditation, mindfulness doing some brain. Exercises, right you could do the, gargling you could do the cold water on the. Face another good exercise is putting different tastes on your. Tongue this activates what's called your parasympathetic nervous and what it likes is, sweet, sour and salty on the front of your tongue and bitter in the back of your. Tongue so for, sweet just get some, honey and for, salty just get Some celtic. Salt and for, sour just get some. Lemon and every day you do a different taste. Tests you, know for bitter you do dark chocolate or some bitter herbs or some coffee. Grinds but you do. Well you stick out your tongue and do a taste test for thirty. Seconds one day do, sweet one, day do, sour one day do, salty one day do. Bitter that will actually help relax your nervous. System the gag reflex activates your vagus, nerve which is going to get you add that fight or flight mode into a relaxed rest and. Digest, now don't do the gag reflex if you have a history of, bolimia we don't want to trigger anything like. That but outside of an eating disorder and you have postraumatic stress, disorder the geg reflex is very powerful because it activates your vegus, nerve and your vagus nerve will cause an increase in your parasympathetic nervous, system which is inversely proportional to your sympathetic nervous, system which will get you out of that fight or flight mode into a relaxed rest and digest, state therefore improving how your brain performs so you function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power don't miss boost your brain power with Doctor Eric kaplan Every saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain. Function you can improve, memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that Doctor caplan will be sharing with his. Audience join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same. Time listen to boost your brain. Power if you want to function, better feel, better and enjoy the quality of life you, deserve call two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email Info at kaplanbrainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation With, doctor caplan or visit kaplandc dot com for.
Speaker 3: More information, function better, feel better and live a. Better life this Is Doctor eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your. Brain power this month is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Awareness month so we have to be aware of people with this, stress disorder and you might not see it or realize it right because they, don't have, you know a broken bone with, a, cast right they don't have, You know parkinson's where you see their. Big tremor they're not in, a, Wheelchair right so people with post traumatic, stress disorder you're not going to be able to tell what they. Look like so, for them it's very frustrating because they don't get. Much empathy, you know it's not like diabetes or cancer or high blood. Pressure medication there's a little stigma with. Mental disorders, people, say oh. He's crazy why how come they, don't, say oh, you know oh he's. Just diabetic now they don't, say, that right, say oh we are you taking? The medication, you know hopefully you won't, get neuropathy you won't, get blind you won't, get amputato you won't. Get, dementia yeah, that's right diabetes. Causes dementia, in fact, many clinics Like The, mayo clinic has Started calling alzheimer's disease diabetes type three because it's like a combination of diabetes, type one which is an, autoimmune disease and diabetes, type two which is mostly due to, poor diet, sedentary lifestyle lack, of exercise, high stress not.
Speaker 4: Good, Sleep.
Speaker 3: Right so if you want To, prevent alzheimer's you going to make sure you don't. Have diabetes guess what else causes. Memory problems statin drugs that they write. For cholesterol so remember we said before that cholesterol is. Actually healthy now when you take, cholesterol medication that decreases, your cholesterol making you more likely to. Get dementia, That's right cholesterol meds can lead. To dementia diabetes can lead. To DEMENTIA.
Speaker 4: So i by you.
Speaker 3: If you, have diabetes if you got, heart disease you got high, blood pressure you got, high cholesterol. High triglycerides you better get in. Shape now you better start, eating healthy you better, start exercise and you better get off. Your butt follow the. Twenty rule never sit for more than. Twenty minutes sitting is the. New smoking you have to, Get up so get, an alarm, vibrate ring cooking. TIME around i don't care what, it is but something to remind you every twenty minutes to. Get up move your body for. TWENTY seconds i don't care if it's a twenty, second walk twenty second, jumping jacks twenty seconds of, push ups twenty seconds of, sit ups twenty seconds, of squats twenty seconds of, shoulder rolls twenty seconds. Of lunges just move your body for twenty seconds every. Twenty minutes get that, blood flow get. That oxygen move. Your body if you, have, stress anxiety you've. Been traumatized the worst thing is. Just sitting you need to get your, brain, stronger right gotta. Be uncomfortable it's not the time to. Be lazy this is the time to make your, brain, Stronger right and that includes maybe getting up earlier to go to the gym and meditate.
Speaker 4: And read.
Speaker 3: Maybe it includes not eating those cookies or, the cake or the pizza or the, fried chicken or drinking that soda, or lemonade or the juice or the, red bull or the coffee or the beer or. The wine it's gonna. Be uncomfortable you might be used to having your. Morning coffee you might be used to having your glass of wine. With dinner you might be used to having ice cream and pizza and using all your seed oils and your microwave dinners and, your takeout your fast food and.
Speaker 4: Your candy you might be used.
Speaker 3: To it so it's gonna be uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: To not, eat it not. Drink it.
Speaker 3: But that's when you, get stronger that's when you get, more resilient when your brain can handle. The stress this there's always gonna be stress in. Your life whether, it's, money relationships, living situation, job, situation, family. CHURCH charity i don't care what. It is there's always gonna be some sort. Of stress even just turning on the news. Is, Stressful right you're gonna hear stories all. The time, You know i'm dealing with a lot of stress. Right now, you know my aunt got into a bad accident as she's, a pedestrian and she's in rehab and she can't even stand up on. Her own i'm getting sued right now for a lot. Of Money my, you know one of my relatives has. Severe, depression okay you know my family members are going through some neurological Issues that i'm helping. Them with, all right my good friend just killed himself And now i'm having to deal with his wife and his.
Speaker 4: Two kids.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot. Of stress there's always gonna. Be STRESS but i wake up in the MORNING thinking i have the, greatest life EVEN though i have all. This stress have, two offices got two, radio shows got two. NEWSPAPER columns i got like six or SEVEN employees i have to. DEAL with i got MY family i gotta take. Care of, you know there's a lot of stress in, my LIFE but i gotta handle it Because if i'm, Not healthy i'm no good to. My patience i'm no good to, My wife i'm no good to, my kids no good to, my parents no good to. My, aunt RIGHT so i gotta take care, of myself, you know like what they say on, the airplane put your mask. On first so with, your health you gotta. Be selfish you gotta take care of your. Health, first now some people don't even realize they're going around in post. Traumatic stress some people don't realize they have anxiety or they worry. So much other people around them might, realize it but sometimes they're not. Self aware so the best way to know if you have anxiety or you have post, traumatic stress or sleep problems or a lot of other stuff is CALLED a qEEG, Brain mapping and this is going to. Pick up do you have, sleep? Deprivation insomnia do you have? Memory problems do you? Have anxiety do you worry? Too much do you have? Anger aggression are you? Too impulsive there's your mind raise? Too quick do you have troubles? With focus you're? Easily distracted do you have any problems? Shifting tests do you, have confusion. Brain fog do you have a, thyroid problem? Intestinal problem do you have? Brain inflame do you have low dopamine or? Low acetoclin it literally picks up all. OF this i love this test because there's, no radiation there's no, contrast food there's no, small tube there's, no risk there's no. Side effects, super quick. Super easy it's normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people, to call text, or email you could GET this qEEG brain mapping for only twenty. One dollars another gift we're going to give is called A v g OR video vog, video ocilography and it measures your, eye movements the beast, eye movements your slow eye movements up and down and left and right and dark, in light with head movements and without and. With focus and based on the eye movements and the direction and, the speed we can analyze the different lobes of, the brain the, front door, the parietal, the cerebellum the, brain stem and the right side to the. Left side it tells us which areas are overactive and which areas. Are underactive the areas that are overactive that's going to cause some, sleep problem, some anxiety, some anger, some aggression.
Speaker 4: SOME add adhd some, you.
Speaker 3: Know the mind's racing, so much you worry. A lot you know your brain is just overactive. And INFLAMED the vng will pick that up and also pick up which. Is underactive, poor focus, then, memory fatigue, low motivation, poor planning. Always, late right this is an. Underactive BRAIN the vng picks that up, as well and.
Speaker 4: We might have. To focus our therapy is only on.
Speaker 3: One side if one side, is underactive you got to, strengthen that and if one side, is overactive you gotta. Relax it so THAT'S why i really LIKE the vng for. That TEST so i would suggest doing THE q eeg brain mapping take advantage because that's only twenty. One dollars and the other gift we're gonna give IS a vng OR a vog for only twenty one dollars because that test is normally six hundred. Dollars too and the third gift we're gonna give is a one on one with Me where i'm gonna REVIEW.
Speaker 4: Your vng i'm gonna review.
Speaker 3: Your brain if you have any past blood WORK or MRIs or. Cat scans we're gonna go over All that we're gonna go over, your history any medications, you're on any supplements. You take we're gonna also go over. Your, goals hey do you want to improve? Your sleep do you want to improve? Your energy do you want to reduce? Your anxiety do you want to improve? Your memory whatever your, goals, Are right so we're gonna go. Over Those then i'm gonna do. An evaluation i'm gonna check, your memory. Your balance we're gonna check out, your heart, your lungs, your gut check out, your posture, your alignment and check, your, bones, muscles nerves, your circulation, blood flow, your eyes, your ears so a full physical and. Neurological evaluation it's normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people, to call text or email you could get the one on one with me for only twenty. One dollars and you can also do all three if you, want so just call text or EMAIL say i want to do all three tests for only twenty one. Dollars each the number to call or texts is to zero one two six one two one.
Speaker 4: Five zero.
Speaker 3: The email is Info at Caplinbrain and body. Dot com, all right just say you want to be one of the first seven people that listen to my radio show to do all three tests two zero one two six one two one, five zero or you can email Info at Kaplanbrain and body. Dot com if you're interested in buying, my book it Is Called Boost Your, BRAIN Power a Guide to Improving your Memory. And focus you can Get. On amazon when you put in, brain power just make sure there's. One word there's a picture of a big blue brain. On there for more information about our Offices In, New York, new jersey we also do virtual treatments if you live, far away but we have an Office In, Bergen County, new jersey as well As The west Village. In manhattan you can go to our website kaplandc. Dot com also check us out on. Social media We're On Facebook caplin Brain. And body we have YouTube lots, of videos over one. Hundred videos just Look, Up caplan Brain. And body we Also have Instagram At Caplan. Brain body we're also at TikTok At Doctor. Eric kaplan and if you're interested in the, old shows just go to the radio website or your app and just put in Boost Your Brain Power Doctor, aaron kaplan and you could listen to all my old shows and there's lots of. Good information i'm also a. Newspaper columnist if you want to subscribe digitally To The, past press you could do that as well to get my weekly. Newspaper articles so follow us, social media get, my book look at, my website schedule, your appointments join us on, social, media YouTube and this way you'll get all this great information and live your life so you can, function better, feel better and live a. Better life this Is Doctor, eric kaplan and you just listen to boost your. Brain power we'll see you.
Speaker 2: Next week if you want to improve your, brain function help, with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision headaches, brain fog, weight loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent, future diseases that this is the show. For you don't mis boost your brain power With Doctor eric kaplan and you will, learn natural integrated baalistic approaches to modern day medical problems Such, As alzheimer's, parkinson's, stroke autism, add concussion, autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo migraines four, POSTURE, pain tbi skin and. Digestive Problems doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and, health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and. Risky surgeries to Contact, doctor kaplan you could call his team at two oh one two six one two one, five zero or visit his website at kaplandc. Dot com the preceding was a. Paid program war's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed the preceding was a.
Speaker 1: Paid podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed