Speaker 1: Let's say good morning right now though two the Birthday Party Project founder and CEO Paige Lohofer Page, You're getting ready for the biggest, best birthday party ever.
Speaker 2: Please tell us about.
Speaker 3: It, hey, Amy, Yes, we're so excited to welcome families who have been displaced due to the La wildfires. We will be welcoming on them onto the DreamWorks campus this weekend to celebrate birthdays. We believe that joy changes lives, and we think that in a time that feels probably really uncertain, that this is the best time to bring families together and to remind them that they are worthy of a celebration.
Speaker 2: Okay, and how did you find these kids? Page?
Speaker 3: Yes, so, we have great partners with the La County YMCA as well as Dream Center. They're the ones right now that are on the ground doing the work to help families recover from the world wildfires. And so because we partner with homeless shelters and transitional living facilities to celebrate the lives of children who are experiencing homelessness and transition, we felt like this was a perfect way to be able to reach kids and really hard to reach places right now. And so they've come alongside of us to ensure that the families that they are supporting get to be part of this celebration.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And then tell us about the party itself. You said it's a dream Work so that's going to be cool and.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine?
Speaker 2: No, So it's happening? Is it this Saturday?
Speaker 3: It's this Saturday. We'll be welcoming in about two hundred family members into a larger than life carnival themed bash with lots of games and of course fun prizes from every dream Works character imaginable. It will be about two hours long, just enough time for us to really be able to connect with our families, allow the kids to run around, eat a lot of sugar, and then let them go on their way with their families.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And you're going to have some special appearances from Gabby's Dollhouse characters.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are so excited. You know, Gabby just celebrated her birthday and so she is sharing it with us and with the kids that we get to celebrate this weekend, and so Gabby will be there to surprise our birthday kids are we are so excited about that.
Speaker 1: And I'm guessing there's going to be lots of photo ops, which the kids and the parents are going to love.
Speaker 3: Don't you know. And one of the things that we love about taking photos at our parties is that we know that families who are especially right now who have been affected by wildfires, most likely most of those photos are no longer in their possession. They may own some of them on a camera roll on their phone, but they don't have physical photos. So every single party that we host around the country, but this will in particular, we want to make sure that families leave with capturing the memories from that moment this weekend.
Speaker 2: Paige, you just made me cry. I mean, I didn't you know.
Speaker 1: That's such a good point because again, these families lost absolutely everything.
Speaker 2: And Paige, I want to talk to you a little bit about the Birthday project. Yeah, because this isn't anything new.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you're putting this together and you go, wow, that's great, But this is something that you guys do all the time.
Speaker 3: We do. We do have the opportunity to partner with homeless shelters transitional living facilities in Los Angeles area, but actually all around the country, and every single month we come in and host birthday parties to celebrate those children who are experiencing homelessness. But the best part for us is that we invite all the other kids and family members who are staying at that agency to participate in the party. We believe that we all want to be seen and known and celebrated, and we think the best way to do that and through a celebration where we can all connect and be together.
Speaker 1: And what better excuse to throw a big birthday party? How are you guys funded?
Speaker 2: Paige?
Speaker 3: We love when people share their birthday with us, just like Gabby is doing this weekend, so people can share their birthday with us. We will take donations from any individual or any individual or company, but we are funded by the power of people from big partners like Oriental Trading Company, who is helping us this weekend, to an eight year old who recently dropped off gifts and gift cards to us that he collected at his birthday party. We absolutely run base because of the people that are around us and say yes to our mission.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And where can people make a donation if they want to? Is their website you can show them to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Amy, It's the Birthday Party Project dot org.
Speaker 2: The Birthday Party project dot org.
Speaker 1: So if you want to bring a little joy to a child who's missed birthday celebration because of the wild for fires or because they don't have a home and parents might not have the money to throw a party for them, you can donate and it's the Birthday Party Project.
Speaker 2: Paige. I love what you guys are doing making.
Speaker 1: Saturday a very special day for a lot of kids who missed out on their birthdays this year.
Speaker 2: So of those stupid fires.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. Thanks Amy, We are thrilled to welcome them on Saturday, and thanks for the opportunity to share a little bit more.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 1: That's the founder and CEO of the Birthday Party Project, Paige Lohoffer.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Paige.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I love that. Isn't that great?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 2: And they get to do it at DreamWorks Fun So cool.