Speaker 1: You get Friday voice. I don't even know. It's not even me yelling at the Masters coverage. By the way, Justin Rose doing pretty good. I'm not sure how Boston Paul's doing, considering that's not who he bet on, but you know whatever, one day down of the Masters. We'll mix the music in at some point. But enjoying that sad let me let me say this sad news dude never wanted me to mention him on the radio, so I'm just going to use his first name since there's nothing he can do about it. Very bummer morning, though, So I have I had a neighbor. His his name was Gary, and I found out yesterday that he actually died in his sleep Wednesday night. So let me let me give you. Let me give you the the four one one on Gary. So, Gary was a veteran. Gary was an officer with the Navy during the Vietnam War. And Gary was also a Democrat. He was a neighbor of mine, and he was old school Democrat, but he was Democrat. He was not a Trump fan, but he also wasn't a TDS dude. He also didn't like Harris very much. And uh, he was just a guy that kind of fell into the group where we'd watch football. He was a Seahawks fan. He was from the state of Washington, and his he was literally estranged from his kids. This is this is the part that's bothering the hell out of me this morning, not because his kids were Trump people or any of the rest, because his kids, and he had two of them, and they're both obviously grown adults. Because Gary, I believe was eighty. I think it was seventy nine. I think it was gonna be eighty. So he you know, he would have been during Vietnam, he would have been late twenties. He was a Democrat. But his kids were such moonbats that they essentially disowned this guy years ago, which is which is just a wild thing. And I've never spoke about this on the air out of respect for him, but it was always one of these situations that bothered me immensely. And I've never met his kids, obviously, but about five years at the end of the Trump at the end of the first Trump thing, it was like his third or fourth year basically, And by the way, the guy would complain about Trump whenever we talk politics, but out of respect, he really didn't get into it with me. He just he just was who he was. And I don't even I don't know who he voted for. If he voted, it doesn't matter. But the thing that made it so sad his wife had died years ago from breast cancer. But he had two kids, a son and a daughter, and apparently they're so far left that because dad wasn't a flaming activist, they basically stopped talking to him. And I don't know if there's more there or not. He he just was a guy that was kind of in the periphery and would show up and we'd all got hey, Gary, how you doing, and just in his sleep the other day. And I literally just found out yesterday afternoon. And I found out because he actually listed me to like be one of the people to figure out what now, and he never mentioned that to me, So I found out because the guy who lives right next door to him was basically listed as his emergency contact. So he didn't have anybody. And I don't know how to feel about it, because I gotta tell you, Gary was also a little much. He was a little much because he come down and he just he always wanted to pick a fight over not a physical fight, but like a verbal fight to get everyone spar and over whatever sporting event we were watching. We all welcomed Gary down there, but it was one of those things where it was a little like if I had to do prep on a Sunday while we're watching football, I had to be like Gary, I know, I look like I'm here, but I'm not really here. I'm putting some stuff together. So but I literally just saw him, uh Saturday during the uh uh watching the uh the basketball games went down to kind of where I normally go down with the h with the boys, and Gary was down there, look fine, just boom. But like for for the five years or so I've known him, I was always like, this dude's right on the edge. He had a series of health problems, all that stuff, but yeah, just just like that. But and I, like I said, I've never talked about it on the air, but the dynamic that this guy pure Democrat voter whatever. Think what you want about him, but like the old school democrat. And it wasn't enough for his kids, who I assume are absolute lunatics. If that sounds horrible, I'm sorry, But like, like I don't know if there was something else. But to just know that his kids were not down with him because he wasn't like willing to burn a courthouse or something is just incredibly sad to me. But again I'm not gonna I didn't voice this to him. I just went that sucks, man, whatever, let's have a beer, like I don't even know, and as somebody who's literally a point of contact the second though, versus his neighbor who is a friend of mine, like we're all waiting to see what happens when we reach out to his kids. And my buddy Robert, who is the his neighbor, I mean literally lived next to him, reached out yesterday when I talked to him yesterday evening had not had a response. So and again I don't I don't know all of the backstory, but I just know what Gary told me. And I did see a picture of his daughter and purple hair, the nose like all of it. So and she's probably in her forties, early forties, I think. So, just very sad. So to the extent that I can give that Gary never wanted me to talk about him on the air. That was like his thing. So you just get the first name. But there you go, I'm going to figure out rank and all that stuff. I mean, we never really got into detail. I don't even know what his exit rank was, and I don't fully know what the Navy was doing in Vietnam. I do know it was some sort of they would protect the mouths of rivers because he did talk about it, and then I asked him like, did you guys like blast Ride of the Valkyries and then have helicopters and stuff? And he would laugh, but he never gave me details. So but yeah, yeah, I mean it just it speaks to the fracturing that we've seen there and we talked about like literally during this era, and if if if that was the sole reason for the disillusion of relationships with father and kids, that they literally weren't militant enough, like it would hit home with me. Is there's probably a lot of that out there waiting. And I've talked on the I've talked on the show that the woman who I thought was literally my second mom when Trump got elected, basically cut off all contact with me because she just couldn't deal with the social media links. And I remember how much that bothered me. That's not even my kids and that's what this guy was dealing with. And again he was widowed like thirty years ago or something, never remarried, just so he.
Speaker 2: Was like a Kennedy Democrat and his kids were like full Antifa. Yes, so they were right. So they're like comedies and they're like, you're a crazy right winger and he's like, no, I'm like a tradition Democrats. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one lives in Seattle, one lives in Portland.
Speaker 2: That I do know, you think the kids would probably end up feeling somewhere great when they hear the news. It's one of those things.
Speaker 1: Where like, again I don't know. I went I went over to my buddy Robert's house yesterday and we were talking about it because I had no idea I was listed there. And he texted me, He's like, hey, man, I we need to talk because Gary passed away. And I'm like what. And then we went over and he had literally Robert was his emergency contact for everything he had done some like three years ago. I'd been through some health stuff, like he didn't have any family, any family other than those two kids, like no brothers, he was no brothers and sisters. His one brother was killed in Vietnam, and that's it. That was the totality of the kids. His brother was Army infantry. And I'm just like, all right, because now we're all curious, what are the kids going to say? And Roberts sent them like with their contact send him, Hey, your father passed away at two o'clock yesterday afternoon. And at eight o'clock last night, I texted Robert. I'm like, did you hear anything? Nothing? So I don't know. I don't know, but yeah, exactly as you described. He wasn't a Trump fan, but he never was horrible about it, do you know what I'm saying. But he also wasn't a Harris fame. It was very disillusioned during the last election. But he was just he was just a guy. He's just a good dude from from what we knew. And you know, I felt bad from the moment he described that situation. But now now it really is in effect, Like what's going to happen? I don't know, but it's been it's it's been bothering me all night. Woke up this morning too, and I was like, I'm on my phone. I'm like, did Robert text anything? No, I didn't see anything. So I'll hit him up after the show. But you know, it just it speaks to the experience a lot of people have dealt with. And I always like, I always felt raw about Cynthia, which is my buddy's mom's name, who won't talk to me anymore, just cut me off during the first Trump thing, And it always, it always hurt a little. And then I'm like, I don't have it so bad because that's what Gary was dealing with. And I can't even imagine what in the five years I've known him, every minute of it, dealing with that, and I you know, I don't even I don't know what it was like before then. But anyway, that's to the extent that I can do. I'm gonna respect his wishes and not get into the full details of him. But what are we doing? How did we get here?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: It used to be like back in the day, right, like if you knew you were in vicinity, or you were hanging out with somebody who would maybe had political differences in the area, differing opinion, you would still be able to hang out with each other, but you would just steer away from politics, right, You just wouldn't talk about it. You can find something you have in common, like sprits or something. Yeah, and now you have these people where they're so politically active and everything is politically ingrained that sometimes it makes it impossible. But I imagine if these kids have any soul lift in them, they're going to feel like massive regret because you always think there's going to be more time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not gonna lie, but for the last like I said, he ran some health problems about three years ago, and we kind of had I don't want to say it's a running joke, but there was one of these things because there was another older guy who would show up who was like, he was like he was in his sixties, but I'm like, dudes, like he's in his forties. He's a retired police officer. And just and then he just literally dropped dead one day a few years ago. He was at home, he was at George he was watching the Georgia Bulldogs. He was a big Bulldogs fan and I had literally seen him earlier in the day, had a beer with the guy and then just and the thing was, how did Gary outlive? That dude? Just because he had been dealing with all these health problems and all of it, and like so if I recognize that, I would think his kids would recognize that. But I but I never dug on it, and he wasn't very forthcoming other than a couple of times to just really line me out and was going what was going on? So anyway, there you go. Man. So you know, if you're listening and you got beef with your family, just know at some point it's going to be too late. Okay, all right, six twenty Hang on, he have a mystery. Do you guys want to solve the mystery? This sport it be answer could be amazing. All right, So the mystery is and I gotta stop the music because it's on the same pot. Uh what is Trump referring to here? Now this is obviously questions about China and everything else, but uh, you know, from a military standpoint, what's the US packing? And uh, Trump said this.
Speaker 4: And we're very powerful. This country is very powerful. It's far more powerful than people understand. We have weaponry that nobody has any idea what it is, and it is the most powerful weapons in the world that we have, more powerful than anybody even not even close. So nobody's going to do that. But I think that if that's what you're referring to, maybe it's not all.
Speaker 2: Right, a dude, we can still teleport people.
Speaker 1: Okay, well this is why I'm asking, This is why I like, is it space lasers? So Ross is going with teleports.
Speaker 2: I'm going teleport tation, shielding and cloaking devices. It probably has something to do with those tic tac things we saw in this guy.
Speaker 1: No poop lasers though, well.
Speaker 2: I mean that's like when you're really that's deep down into the basement. I don't want to get too much. Yeah, if you need me to confirm it, yeah, confirm poop lazers and snake chucks are confirmed. But primarily it's the teleportation.
Speaker 1: So we just one day. She's just stand there like, ah, I got those those dirty Yankees and then your teleports an entire seal team. That's what you're saying, Like, hey, it's a good theory. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think people talking about people look at the Iron Dome and they're like, that's impressive. Look at that iron dome over Israel. We have shielding technology, an actual shield. Okay, plus we have HARP, so I mean we.
Speaker 1: Can well, so HARP at least is a weapon. I don't know that shields are a weapon right.
Speaker 2: Now, but I mean that's a good way to defend yourself.
Speaker 1: But is it.
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: How many Star Trek episodes basically involved their shields down to.
Speaker 2: Like twenty Well that's because they have shields versus shields and the same sort of technology. But I mean, if we have shields and the other side doesn't and all they have are bullets, we're gonna be fine unless they produce some sort of photon torpedo device or something that we're screwed.
Speaker 1: Why have you thought this out?
Speaker 2: Why haven't you?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't, so we have So I just want to be clear here. So we have shields, but they are far better than Star Trek Enterprise shields.
Speaker 2: No they're not. That's not what I said. I said, they do not have the technology to compete against us and start right hot.
Speaker 1: We have shields, yes, I want to be clear.
Speaker 2: We have the shield they do not.
Speaker 1: They do not. However, they have photon torpedoes.
Speaker 2: No they don't. That's my point.
Speaker 1: You just said if they have photons stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they I said they don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, pay attention, man, I'm just I'm just I want our people to be okay, so all right, so they don't have photons, so it won't be like Star Trek where within a few minutes or shields are at thirty percent.
Speaker 2: I mean, you heard Trump, he said, this is what he said.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's listen again, because I feel like that isn't what he said. But let's let's test that theory.
Speaker 4: And we're very powerful. This country is very powerful. It's far more powerful that people understand. We have weaponry that nobody has any idea what it is, and it is the most powerful weapons in the world that we have, more powerful than anybody even not even close. So nobody's going to do that. But I think that if that's what you're referring to, maybe it's not.
Speaker 1: We're photons, torpedoes, more powerful than what we think. China has.
Speaker 2: Dude, dire wolf on steroids. Confirmed, we have dire wolves and steroids.
Speaker 1: I mean, that would be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: What do you think they have? What do you think he's talking about?
Speaker 1: That's why I'm asking played the music.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you got no thoughts.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I think Trump's just being trump man. I think he's being Trump. But do we have some cool stuff, probably.
Speaker 2: Because the Russians have those hypersonic missiles you've been hearing about.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're talking about the scramjet stuff. Yeah, most of the world thinks they don't.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right, But so it could be like a similar thing where like Putin is like, ah, we have these hypersonic missiles and they go so fast you guys can't even compete. And then Trump is like, ah, we got super weapons too. Stuff I can't even tell you about. It's crazy, dude.
Speaker 1: Right now, now, there are some notable, very famous things that we made the Russians think, So if you like, some of it was talked about in that CIA document dump, even though it was not recent, they just kind of resurged in the news where they were talking about Remember, one of you have to remember part of our strategy for many, many years and probably to this day, but for many years, especially during the Cold War, was we developed stuff, but we also literally tried to create the thought that we had better stuff that's known, right, like the Star Wars program, right, Yeah, under ray, a lot of this was under regular and they didn't like we wanted the impression that what we had was far more and why wouldn't we because, let's face it, we were famous for winning part of a war by having technology that the other side didn't comprehend until they saw it.
Speaker 2: Right, So like we have something equivalent to like what would like you shocked Japan with the atomic bomb. Correct, we did the similar thing in the late sixties to where we we faked that we landed on the moon. Okay, we had the technology.
Speaker 1: I knew somebody was going here. I didn't know it was going to be you, yes, all right, fine, but for real, for real, like we uh uh, I'm trying to remember what it was.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 1: I have to look it up. You know, one of my favorite things that the US ever at least contemplated. I'm glad they didn't do it. They there was a real effort in the nineteen sixties to intimidate the Russians. We were going to send a space craft, not a manned one, up to the Moon with a nuke on it, and then we were going to nuke the Moon with the new, better atomic weapon. We had to put the Russians on notice. This was a real thing that literally made it through you know at the Pentagon, they're like, you know, through like studies and all of that. It was a CIA thing, and they chose not to nuke the Moon, which is good because then you know, maybe it floats away. I don't know. But and then you got to kill Bruce Willis. It's a whole thing. So like we you know, we we were contemplating some stuff, which is really wild if you think about it. They're like, all right, we're gonna just send some nukes up to the Moon and then we're gonna set them and then the Russians will see and they'll be like, ah, I don't screw with those guys. But we didn't do it. So, like it's not a new thing that we think about this stuff. But I don't know what Trump's talking about. All right, you military guys are what are they talking about? Come on, it's okay, you can use a fake name. Sure they won't come for you. Like I'm trying to think of the advanced weapons systems that we know the military is working on, like the Reil gun, right, that's a thing like the Navy has been and that's not unknown. I just don't know how well it works. But essentially a real gun, and if you don't know what that is, google it but very space ag so who knows. But he could also just be like, ah, this will scare him. So let us know eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. And if we do have really cool weapons, when can I shoot them? That's the biggest question here. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone can I shoot them? I just want to shoot them?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Because you know, from an advanced aviation standpoint, our most advanced plane that we know about, we just like discontinued a few years ago, like that program is done, and I just think it's weird that there's nothing that surpassed that, which means there's something that surpassed that we just don't know. So maybe that's what he's talking about. What was that SR? It was SR twenty two, twenty one. It's not the it's not the freedom to Redo or whatever they call the stealth bomber. It was the thing that did like mock seven.
Speaker 2: Just think about that that we had the SR seventy one Blackbird, right seventy one.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, during the Vietnam War, and think about how light years ahead of everything that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But so what I'm saying is like, we know about that, and that was considered our most advanced aircraft, even though it wasn't a good secret. So I refuse to believe that that now being discontined, that we don't have something even crazy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, It's all relatable. So think about if that was so far in advance for the sixties, imagine what we have now.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, now, people are sending me all sorts of Okay, I don't think these are real suggestions, folks. I don't think we have super meth. I don't even know what that is. Let's see here, ROSI o'donne, well that is a weapon. I don't you guys are not taking this seriously? What cool thing do we have that I can shoot? This isn't about you or freedom or our defense. I just want to bust something at the range. How many of you guys have gone to the range with something a little unusual and you just know everyone's gonna be like, oh my gosh, we'll go that. If I take the Eagle to the range, people have questions just saying four forty four. I've had questions about that because it doesn't look like much. But we'll wreck your shoulder. Yeah, what do we have? Well, whatever we have, Trump's bragging about it. So I think there's that thing. Well, simultaneously crapping on Hollywood, which I'm.
Speaker 5: Here today, reducing the number of American films that can be shown there.
Speaker 2: What's your reaction to them now?
Speaker 4: Targeting cultural I think I've heard of worse thing.
Speaker 1: That's great man. Yes, uh, he gives zero fs about Hollywood getting whatever they won over there. I can't imagine how we got here. Oh maybe it's the part where a bunch of from Hollywood stood in front of the White House and you're like, yeah, you want burn it down? Why is nobody talking about burning it down? So we got secret laser weaponry of some sort, I don't know what it is. And he gives zero fs about Hollywood getting into the China market. That was a good press conference for me. Yeah, he's probably not in your corner there. I can't imagine why. All right, six forty six here on the Cacoday radio program. Coming up, we got to Pete Calender. He'll join us at eight oh five. We can talk future weapons or whatever with him. Also, aline deadline day for new ideas in the North Carolina legislature. Some good, some not going anywhere. We'll share those with you. And I have an investment opportunity that I'm going to run by you. Full disclosure, it's not a paid thing. I just feel like there's money to be made. I'll share that with you. Coming up. Hang on, very sad, unique situations where his kids stopped talking to him because he wasn't militant leftists enough, which is crazy because the dude was. He was a he was clearly a Democrat, and I've heard the Republicans and Democrat you know, like f family's not talking to each other, which I think is incredibly sad. But this dude was on according to his kids, the right team, just not enough. So uh, really kind of sitting with me here here today. All right, let's grab some phone calls. Charlotte, thanks for hanging on. Good morning to you. Hello, Hello, you're on the air.
Speaker 7: Oh my daughter, My daughter is a professional person, she's we've always been really close. I think your message is so important to people. I'm i'll be eighty three soon and she doesn't speak to me now, and we've always been close since the inauguration. It's it's it's it's really heartbreaking. And I just like that you played that message because I'm afraid when I die, she might have a lot of guilt. And please don't say my name though I don't want to make no.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's fine. But this is the thing too, And this is what is amazing. Your concern is not how you feel. You're concern is how she might feel in the future, and that is such a mom thing. So I'm so sorry you're dealing with it. Can I ask, because during the first Trump administration, were you guys still speaking to each other?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh, yes.
Speaker 7: She used to call me all the time. She lives out of state, and we were really close. She called me and we talk over now or at least once a week, and if she thought I was sick or the weather was bad, heir, she called. But we were really really close, and especially since my husband died, she's been so supportive and helpful and really just such a good daughter, so generous and kind. But my husband used to say that she was brainwashed in college, and I mean she used to argue with him about, you know, Hillary Clinton. He hated Clinton, and anyway, she she shouldn't know, but anyway, how he felt, but.
Speaker 1: I'm so ma'am, I'm so sorry to hear that. And again the part that blows me away, and I thank you so much for your call is that your concern still is and I'm going to repeat this, not how you feel, but rather how you think she might feel in the future. And yeah, all right, thank you, thank you so much all this morning.
Speaker 7: That was really good for people to hear about.
Speaker 1: I hope so, because it's really emotionally stuck with me today.
Speaker 7: So I want to absolutely, well, thank you.
Speaker 1: You have a good, good weekend. Okay, I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Can we please respect and honor our parents?
Speaker 1: I mean, unless there's some crazy thing and that I understand that, but like it's just it's so easy, man, it's so easy. Let me tell you. Both of my parents died when I was in my early twenties, within months of each each other, totally separate things. And even though I didn't have a good relationship with my dad because he's.
Speaker 2: Like, ah, I'm gonna leave, but like, yep, it hits you right, like why don't you just like one more call? Yeah, why don't you like to see the name dad flash up on your phone?
Speaker 1: I would have loved my mom living long enough to see me have my own successful show. That would have been amazing, But I never got that, so and there's never I don't even do you know that to this day, I don't know my mom's politics. Still don't. I think I know just from listening to her, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know, I know my mom's h You know, my mom is seventy five, and yeah, you know, she watches The View every morning. And the funny thing is she's more of a libertarian but doesn't understand it. And I don't know why she watches. She tells me why she's lonely in her house and she feels like the women on the View are quote her friends.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: She feels like she has to watch them every day because it gives her something to do right, and and it's very sad because her cat just passed away and she's alone in the house and.
Speaker 1: She and her so her friend's friends, her huge like her close friends, a lot of them are probably.
Speaker 2: She's said this to me, and it's she's like, you know, I'm She's told me. She's like, when is it going to be my time? She said, you know, all my friends are dead. Yeah, all my friends and are they're all they've all passed away. So I try to make sure I call her as much as possible. But we don't talk about politics. Even when I go home and visit. You know, she'll watch the view and I sit there and I'm just quiet and keep it to myself because it's not worth it. And we'll find something to talk about. We'll talk about the Yankees, we'll talk about the Mets, we'll talk about football, We'll talk about you know, movies or something or you know, I just don't understand that. Treat your parents right, because one day they're not going to be there and you are going to regret it.
Speaker 1: Let's get some phone calls. Let's do this, buddy, you're up next to go, right ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, man, I I'm know I was supposed to be talking about discussed weapon, but look, I'm so onry for your friend. But it's a bad honor. He respects you enough to do it, Okay, to take care of his stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well that.
Speaker 1: Means you've been a second in line, sir, So yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: He enough you do that.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 8: As far as off special weapon, I've been told people inside we have called a whole army of truck norse, so we're good, all right.
Speaker 1: That seems more useful than the stupid diary old thing.
Speaker 8: So yeah, exactly. Hey, hey you guys, have a good day, all right, And like once again, I'm sorry about your friend, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I appreciate that. And again, and I don't mean this in a negative way. He wasn't really my friend friend. I don't know how to describe that. That's what's And actually that bothers me quite a bit more because I realize I assumed he had other people that were closer to him, So you never know what's going on with somebody. Man. But the whole kids thing always turned me the wrong way, and now it's just amplified, just like this whole thing just crazy, man. And also I had never really met anyone who was a Navy vet from the Vietnam War because you never really think about the navy right in the in the Vietnam conflict, because it's not like the North Vietamese had you know, a robust navy, but they were more like interdiction for supply line stuff. So that like because Russia would ship stuff in so they'd stop that and then you know, occasionally they'd they'd missile something I guess, but uh, anyway, so it was it was an interesting perspective, Jamal, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Hey, Casey, I just want to say this about the super weapons. It was real quick for going to one Diamonds Off Forever Man with the Golden Gun and Tomorrow and ne would die. Three James bamb movies that if you really look at them and look at the weapons they had, it is actually plausible and Star Wars. But when it comes to friend, this has been a problem ever since feminism has came on board. We've always had, you know, parents and kids who fell out, but never to this level. You know, people say, you know, this has always been the same, but never to the level. You have to look at the level now when it comes to me, when I was terrified of my parents and kids. We grew up in the neighborhood. You know, you didn't watch somebody disrespect they mom or disrespect they dad because you got offend.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: It's like you.
Speaker 10: Got offended if I said that me and Ross was hanging out and Ros cusses, Oh you know rock Okay, not lost I'm hanging out with my boy Steve, and my boy Steve cuss his mom out. You know what we're gonna do. We gonna check Steve.
Speaker 1: I had a friend who the stuff that he would say to his parents when they when they leave the room, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, how are you not dead?
Speaker 1: How are you not date to death right now? By your mom? And it was because we never play that game with my MoMA ever ever.
Speaker 10: And I will tell you something, when parents start respect, when the kids cap coming and go, oh kids have opinion, No they don't. In my house, my kids know my politics. And I had to do this for my mama. And I loved my mom and death and I love my dad. But I had to take my mama to go vote in twenty twelve when she was alive. My mama loved Obama. She did and you know what I did, because she couldn't write and stuff like that, I took her voter thing because we pulled up they did curts I voting I and now you know did thing you could vote. I had to write Barack Obama. I did want to. I wanted to pick Mitt Romney, but I won't gonna do that to my mama because I loved her. I had to vote for Barack Obama and Mitt Rodney in twenty twelve because that's how much respect and love I had for my mom. But know this, if I were to, if I was do some of these kids do today, blue hair, my mama will smack me to the floor and my dad would punch me to the floor. And I be a grown man. They didn't play that stuff. And what parents have done now they have listened to people who didn't have kids tell them how to raise kids and discipline their kids. And now these kids out of control. And I'm gonna say, I.
Speaker 1: Think they're in their fifties. I mean, these are not These are not kids at that point. Now, it's the tough thing for you, Jamal, is that you're not a Democrat, because you could still vote for your mom on behalf of your mom if you were, so yeah, switch it up so well.
Speaker 10: But yeah, see that's I'll be honest that this goes down back to the parents. How your parents and raise your children, because if you raise your children with the ability to disrespect and have disrespect seem as a disagreement, you don't have your child, don't have disagreements and my dad when he died, I was still scared of him. I was powering over him, stronger than him. He had his legs all cut off, he was an all veteran. I still wouldn't cross my dad. Why because he feared me to let me know, I will touch you if you ever cross me.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. You see that, you see Jamal? Did you see the video of that funeral gone wrong here this week where there they it's six pullbearers. They're carrying this this man to the grave and they get over the grave and then all of a sudden, the entire structure collapse. They all fall in the grave and the coffin literally lands on the sun. I think it messed up his leg. So and for a moment, I'm like, look at that, Dad just decided to whoop his ass one more time.
Speaker 10: So dead easyself and dead and dead went out. But it goes back to and I and I hear this casey so much to be talking to people. And I hate to say a casey. A lot of white Americans tried to bend over backwards to be accommodating for stuff they never did. The stuff they every white person won't racist. How do you think we got the civil rights news? But they have made the feel that they were, so now their kids want to act like they're in the civil rights struggle and want to do all this hatred toward their parents when white parents need to just sit there, put their foot down and tear their children. If you're talking about chief of my grandkids, for me, I'm gonna come over that house and I'm gonna show you what I should have did you a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's that's the really sad part. The thing again, the thing and thank you for the culture all. The thing that just was craziest to me is it's not like the parent child dynamic was dad's a Trump voter and then the kids are but hurt about it, like the dude, the dude was a Democrat.
Speaker 2: No, but these kids are so far left that they see like even a moderate as a crazy right winger.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And I don't even know what the trigger point was, if like he just wouldn't get into it or like threatened, I don't know. Oh, and now I kind of wish I had to ask, but I don't like to get into people's business. But holy hell, man, I look at this all right, now, I'm not good, by the way, because people are sending emails. In no way was I meaning to disrespect any naval service in Vietnam. I'm just saying, can you show me a Vietnam movie where they focused.
Speaker 2: On We've talked about my dad service before, and he was a marine and he was he was deep into it, right.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the department of the Navy. I'm talking about people.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, about my uncle, my uncle buzz who was still alive down in Florida. He was he was stationed on a carrier. He was in the Navy.
Speaker 1: And his name is buzz that's such a navy vet name.
Speaker 2: No, I mean nickname. Yeah, uncle Buzzy.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I know.
Speaker 2: But but his stories are drastically different than my father's because he never really I mean, he stayed in the ship the whole time. Yeah, not to say he wasn't doing stuff and it wasn't important what he was doing. But a little different than you know, the experience my father had over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tramps sent through jungles, getting shot.
Speaker 2: Multiple times in the face.
Speaker 1: Correct, well bit, yeah, a little different there. So yeah, I just it's not anything, just because like World War Two, there's all this Navy lore and they focus on it, but knowing exactly what the Navy was up to, like the when he when Gary explained it to me, he's like, yeah, we were basically there to keep the Russians from supply lining stuff and a few other things. Makes sense.
Speaker 2: Did I ever tell you about why my dad went into the Marines? That was a complete accident.
Speaker 1: Can walk into the recruiting stage.
Speaker 2: So him, him and my uncle they both enlisted.
Speaker 1: Because okay, they were not drafted. They enlisted.
Speaker 2: They knew they were going to be drafted, so the odds were pretty.
Speaker 1: Now you get to choose your poison.
Speaker 2: So my father was an eighth grade dropout. He dropped out of school in eighth grade, and he had a really difficult time even reading. We learned later on he was dyslexic, but we didn't realize that until much later on in his life. Like you would see him writing letters and stuff, and his stuff would be reversed, but it was before those really like diagnosed the way it is today. So he my uncle went down and he went enlisted in the Navy. My father went down and he thought he he came back and he's like, he told my grandma, my grandma union gladys. He said, you know, so I I enlisted in the Marines and she said the Marines, and he thought the Marines was water, so he thought he would be I.
Speaker 1: Mean Department of Navy and Marine.
Speaker 2: And was like no, no, no, you didn't know. It was a complete accident. Wow, And then before you knew it shot multiple times of Etnam went in. You know, he enlisted and he came out of staff sergeant, so good lord man. But yeah, people were like, cause you telp that to people, You're like, you know, he enlisted, and they're like, wow, how brave of him to enlist in the Marines. I mean that's all. That's a big deal on him. Like yeah, it was a complete accident. But he's the one, you know you're talking about, how you know your friend, you know, seemed fine in the next day. Gone. And you see these like bigger guys, like you see guys that are like in their sixties and they're like super put together and strong, they've got that old man's strengthen one day and you never know, you never know, they'll just they're just gone the next day, and my father told me because he went through so many things that should have killed him. You know, before he went to Vietnam, he was in a tragic car accident, flew a corvette off a cliff and you see photos of it. And they said he would never walk or taught, that he'd be a vegetable. That wasn't the case. Went to Vietnam, got shot three times in the face because he had the false teeth and the upper part of his mouth. The boat went through the one cheek and came out the other. They said, if he had his teeth, it would have went up and went up to his brain and he'd be dead. That he fell off a breflected off Oh geez. If his top teeth were in, yeah, it would have hit the teeth and gone up to his brain and he would have been dead. But it went in one cheek and came out the other. So and then he fell off a bridge, fell off a roof. And he always said, you know, when it's your time, it's your time. And one day he's mowing the grass and just drops dead. Yeah, but it was it's not like it was his time ten times. Yeah, it was his point was, you know, when it's your time. It's your time, Jesus, you have no control over it.
Speaker 1: Wow, Now you'd never told me that story how he got it? You told me about obviously what happened to him.
Speaker 2: You see photos of this, this crash he was in of this corvette. It was his buddies friend's corvette. They dared him to drive around croga Leg blindfolded in the corvette, as you do, and he flew right off the ravine. And but he won the bet. He won the bet, all right, But the car just completely it doesn't look like a car, just completely mangled and destroyed.
Speaker 1: And then it wasn't even his car, So good for himps?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who wait?
Speaker 1: Did he win the bet against the guy who owned the corvette?
Speaker 2: I believe so so. I mean it's the guy's fault, right.
Speaker 1: It saw him. Man, you signed up and.
Speaker 2: You're like, there's no way anybody could survive that. And I think that years later he's in Vietnam like what.
Speaker 1: He's like, I got this? That's crazy? All right? Let me get it way, hold on, let me slip one moork call in here real quick, Yes, Boston, Paul, are you soberish? What do you want?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know Rock's story there.
Speaker 12: I thought my brother was the only smart one, my oldest brother. He he his number was coming up, so he enlisted into the Air Force, ended up getting stationed in Korea and did a tour.
Speaker 11: Enough, all right, but anyway, we're not gonna you know, we would have found out what this secret weapon is if there would as a back to the future for you know, we know.
Speaker 1: There will never be. I think they've all said there will never be, and obviously it won't be the same character.
Speaker 2: That's a good point though, because if there was a four, it'd be fifteen years later, and that would be twenty thirty, so we'd know what weapons. Say, this is all sbielbergens the mechas's fault.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're still on the Neuston Thomas train there.
Speaker 10: Oh, look come on, Rose.
Speaker 12: Rose is seven under now, but by the end of the day he could be he could be seven over.
Speaker 1: Three holes look like he could hit a ball and then I don't know, man, its just it wasn't working.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, you know how you know how the masters is, you never know what's going to happen. Well, the wind can blow the other direction and everybody's shooting in the water. Look a look at Rory yesterday, hits it right on the.
Speaker 1: Green and all that the double bogie on fifteen. Yeah, that's his favorite hole. I don't know if you saw the stats, Like literally, he has the best stats on that hole of any golfer ever.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that was that was That was sad. Yeah, I know that was sad though.
Speaker 3: You know, you get an.
Speaker 1: Average on that whole of the new golfer to ever play the Masters, and I think I'd play minimum of five times or something.
Speaker 12: And it's just it's not even another thing on the moonbatch. My family's full of moonbats. But my mother, she'll be ninety four in June, never voted in her life, never voted. She she doesn't pick sides.
Speaker 1: Don't tell her about the nineteenth Amendment, so that'll mess things up. Boston. Paul got a great enjoy enjoy the Masters. Okay, but like people are sending me emails like, let me just give you an example. Here we go. My twenty eight year old daughter stopped speaking to me when she posted the elon Musk Hitler salute, and I pointed out that the story was inaccurate, and she told my husband she only talked to me if I publicly apologized for voting for Trump. I'm sorry, man, and again I don't know all the stories, and I've got a bunch of email this morning. It's just it's why. What is even crazier is, like I said, with the my friend Gary there is Gary was not a Republican. He was not a Trump dude. We just he was not. He just wasn't so far gone. And that that's the thing that kind of blew me away. His kids are sitting there. He's from state of Washington, like middle of the state, but it ended up raised. I think he raised his kids in Seattle, still live there, and or the one lives in Oregon when lives in Seattle. So I don't know. And but yeah, yeah, like I don't understand that. I don't understand that. So I'm sorry. I am sorry that you're having to deal with that, and I'm sorry that Mother's days right around the corner, so because I I just know that's going to be hard on you. So all right, Sorry, I can't read all of the emails, but I'm just blown away by the sheer volume I've gotten this morning. Like he ross you ever cut off somebody for politics. You're not. You're not the type of person that would do that. I'm trying to or cut off a family member for some sort of ideological thing. Family, I understand personal things, right, something happened personally.
Speaker 2: Like like like a close friend or like family. That's like I heard of mem that like I you know, I talk about my buddy Michael. We're complete opposite sides of the political spectrum.
Speaker 1: The Chapel Hill moon back.
Speaker 2: Yeah completely. I mean that nicely because you seem to like him completely. But no, it's what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Man? Now?
Speaker 2: Listen, I've had people because of this job attack me politically over and over and over again in social media and being complete jerks, and I have blocked them for sure. But somebody personally a friend or family member.
Speaker 1: No, but you didn't make the decision. That's the thing. It's one thing if somebody's decided you're gonna be up your butt and just a pndon the like. I get that.
Speaker 2: But well, I'm not that type of person in social media anyway. I'm not going to attack somebody, whether you know, over politics. And I'm not going to be one of those people that just keep replying and trying to Yeah, I'm not like a Pete calendar, right, he likes to spar with people. That's not who I am at all, especially in social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also he wouldn't cut him off because then he'd lose somebody in the spar with. Right, A little different. Oh man, all right, well I'll be interested. I'm gonna run this by Pete two at eight o five when we chat with him. We got a few things to get into. Let me grab one other quick phone call and then you've got some audio for Yeah, Connor, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey, Jasey, longtime listener here. And Hey, your mom would be proud, would I think she would say?
Speaker 1: I appreciate so yeah.
Speaker 5: So personal story. My own daughter and a good friend of mine her daughter as well. Both are twenty seven years old. We raised the girls, you know, in church from the time the doors rosen strong conservative family. My whole family is conservative, private school Christian school with that from the time they were born to the time they graduated high school. As soon as they went off to college, my daughter went up to Penn State. Her daughter went to u n C.
Speaker 10: Chapel Hill.
Speaker 5: Long story short, they both came home brainwashed. The friend of mine. Her daughter is now married to a woman, but came back brainwashed Black lives matter, you know hey, and I'm a q A. Carrie con Kill and Carrie and my own child was like, I can't believe you're carrying a gun.
Speaker 1: You know you think just say yeah, ross, uh, look who's calling on line ten? And secondly, man, don't get hit by the train. Okay, please don't get hit by the train. Is that what I'm not?
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, so again I'm from Steel carried and my own daughter, you know, criticized, you know, hey, you think you're bad because you carry a gun. I'm like, no, your bad.
Speaker 3: Horse's night.
Speaker 5: I'm here at line alone. I want to protect you guys. But the story is you go to college and you come back and doctor and doctor Navid and I love Jamal. I loved listening to him, but I believe he said somewhere on the lines, which is why I called, He said, you you can. You've got to raise your kids right, raise them, you know, somewhere along the lines. And I could be misinterping a little bit of what he said. I can't really remember, but basically, you can raise your kids right, and you can do all the things and be the best parent you can be. But ultimately they make their own decisions, and if they hang around with the wrong crowd, they're going to go their own way, like my own child and my one of my dear friends just gave you those two stories. I work at the hospital. I meet many many parents that are just like me, Just like that sweet lady that called it was eighty three my heart wrote for her. But yeah, we're not alone. There is a brainwashing in college universities. And I tell everybody, don't send them, send them to a community college or you know, if Dave Ramsay even says, hey, the only way you need to go to a university if you want to be a doctor or a lawyer. I just it's a brainwashing and I'll pray schn't take care of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will tell you the number of emails I've received this morning, and of course calls from folks that're sites like I feel horrible. I almost feel bad bringing it up because I feel bad for so many of my listeners that you're going through this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it is.
Speaker 5: True, a sad state of affairs, but it happens. And again, my daughter's twenty seven she doesn't speak to me. She has opposed to me since she came home from college. I mean, a lover a price for work.
Speaker 1: You know, we can restore married. No, does she have kids?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 10: Nope No.
Speaker 1: Since she's hope for you, I hold out hope for you. I will say this, I hold out hope for you that one day, if she has kids, it may change her. Because I've actually heard stories where, you know, once life got real, a lot of these differences got solved.
Speaker 5: So I hope that that's what I hoped too, That's what I hoped to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, thank you so much for the call, and uh do appreciate it. All right, hold on, Russ just told me something in my ear. So why was I say it was he calling to cancel? Why was he calling a calendar calling twenty five minutes for?
Speaker 2: He realized once he wasn't hold and he was here in the caller, he realized that he just got his times confused. He's like, I'm like super early and apologize. I'm like, you need to get off the line because the weather guy's going to be calling in.
Speaker 1: Oh that is true. Yeah, it's gonna be a thing. So so Pete just that he didn't have a clock. Now I got to bust this child. You're a radio guy, man. Look, let me tell you, a radio guy is always cognizant of the time down to the second. Because when we ask when things happen ross, what time do we go to break at the top of the hour? I am the normal person. Forty seven is yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Forty eight fifteen. It's when the bedkicks in.
Speaker 1: Is when the bedkicks in when it's hard out. Yeah, like we're down to a second. I was all right, Well, Pete's getting grilled, so that'll be fun. All right. Uh so we'll chat with the race stage a Karen, just a moment. What if it really would have to be on the phone. Maybe maybe it woke his thing. Maybe it was future Pete, Oh my gosh, the future. Yeah, is that part of the secret weapon? Could be a Trump weapon? That'd be great. Man, what a straight I'm so glad it's Friday. When's our vacation week? Is that week?
Speaker 2: I think there's three weeks away? Oh all right, I.
Speaker 1: Think by the way, yes, Oh you know what, I just realized I don't have to do the nerd holiday. Oh that's so great. Because May the fourth, Right, that's that Star Wars. Well that's a Sunday, So it's the week of that week, right fifth through the ninth. Yeah, I have my little calendar here, just just early warning for all you out there. We're not going to be here that week because Ross is he's is saving his fighting terrorist or something, or his wife is visiting her family. I can't remember which one. He said. So oh man, all right, let's grab raced Agic from the nerdy people who broke his his nerd toy. And now he's on the phone.
Speaker 6: So one of those days, Yeah, you should ask Mark what he thinks about that.
Speaker 1: Oh is Mark not pleased or yeah, well, you know, not pleased Mark Starling or Morning Ashville by the.
Speaker 6: Way, Yeah, I have a chat with him Dale also, But you know, it is what it is. Obviously the engineers here didn't move too quickly.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to put in the trouble tickets there.
Speaker 6: I did, well, I did, I thought I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, then it goes to the center of excellence and it's okay, I got a question. So yesterday you're like, oh, the Masters could have some weird weather. I w I literally I had the I have the CBS app, so it turned on. I could stream from like thirty minutes after the show to like, you know, six o'clock or whenever it ended. Yesterday, not a drop of rain, bro nothing, nothing, and like the sky was super clear. So what map were you looking at?
Speaker 6: Well, yesterday evening it was probably after play was over with. Well, actually I don't care because well I really thought that maybe it would be a little bit sooner. So yeah, you catch me there, But that's a big hell in parts of north.
Speaker 1: Northeast west, your chops. No, no, no, no, because Justin Rose went out and shot crazy and if weather he moved in and he would have probably a bigger lead, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, But you were happy though, right, That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: I was, dude, I wasn't just I have I don't form a motion when that's going on, just the beautiful part like I am. I am like a kid old Saturday Morning cartoons where you oh yeah, this is my adult version of it. And I'm ecstatic that I got three more days of it.
Speaker 6: So what good? And today you know they may run that same chance isolated showers thunder showers in and around Augusta, and if they do, go, you may end up with again some spotty hail. This system is really more of a hailer than anything else, and maybe some gusty winds and in some places. But you know this morning, are in good shape. Really, it's not going to be until we head tour it again in the evening hour six seven o'clock. So if they're wrapped up by then, they may or may not be. That's when these isolated storms will pop up. That doesn't mean casey it pops up over the golf course. Now we've got our share rain coming in. Occasional rain showers this morning, maybe a few thunderstorms today, especially later, we may get a little small hail and gusty wins, but not really outlooked for any significance severe weather. Low sixties today, showers and thunderstorms tonight, slight chance of showers tomorrow. Once we changed that forecast, I think it was like Wednesday of this week and we started putting the shower chance in. It's been becoming less and less for Saturday, but a cool though mid upper fifties and then back into the mid upper sixties on Sunday. Looks like sunshine. So really starting Sunday, I think we're going to go on a pretty nice run. We'll get into the near eighty degree temperatures on Monday and then back in the seventies Tuesday, with staying dry, and then sixties Wednesday and Thursday most of the next week. At least right now we know it can change. Looks pretty nice through Thursday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Let's say I got a buddy who every I've been to the Masters twice. I got a buddy who every year does like a booth and brings all his clients on your own side.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, yeah, my my youngest is begging me to take her.
Speaker 1: But I was going to ask you, have you never been to the Masters?
Speaker 6: No, I've never been. I don't have that kind of money, and I don't get that was kind of privileged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so so what I was saying, you pull a media credential. But it's the word. This is very diva for all of you. It's the worst golf tournament to pull a media credential. It's the only tournament where your media credential doesn't allow you more access than the you know, the standard folks. But you can get in, well, yeah, you can get in, but any other tournament, you can literally go inside the ropes. But the Masters, they have such strict rules there. Yeah, the people's tournament that even the media has to do all photog video or audio from where the where the normal patrons are, which is what it's interesting. It's kind of cool. But I don't know. There's something about being able to stand over by one of the greens inside the rope that I do miss doing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess not to try it some day.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you? There you go, raceagic on the phone because technology hates all of seven forty eight.
Speaker 6: Hang on.
Speaker 1: So I'm watching the Masters yesterday because again this is this is my week to not think about anything. And there's a golfer. His name is Jose Luis Ballestro Balerste. I'm butchering that, don't care. He's he's the high amateur though, but which is if you don't know anything about the Masters, the amateurs there, that's all. That's its whole thing, man, very cool thing. But anyway, so yeah, so he is. He just finished the twelfth hole, and I thought it was of his twelfth hole. The twelfth is this brutal part three And in fact, a lot of professional golfers, if you asked him to pick the hole on the PGA Tour or the regular courses they play that they hate the most, the twelfth of Augusta or the seventeenth at Sawgrass are generally the answer. Generally the end, both par threes. But just heinous, absolutely heinous. If you ever watched the meltdown of some people at the Masters where they keep hitting a ball on the it's called Ray's Creek, it's very famous. So this dude, he finished twelve, so he's going on, this is the you know, this is the turn on Amen corner there, and he's got to go.
Speaker 2: He's got to go, and I.
Speaker 1: Guess he failed to realize there were actually some restrooms near the thirteenth tea box. So anyway, so he goes. He's playing with Justin Thomas, he's playing just for Justin Thomas, and he's waiting for Thomas to finish, and he kind of walks down this hill to where Raysed Creek is, away from the gallery but not away from the cameras, and then he's just like, all right, this's my bathroom. And if if you know nothing about the Masters, it's not that shocking to you or like, I just assume golfer urinate in the woods, which you that would be true. But to do it at the Masters even though he thought the gallery wasn't looking. There's like high res video of him doing it.
Speaker 2: I would imagine too. Yeah much. I don't know much about golf, but that's probably frowned upon at the Master's. Rarely at the Master in the pond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if I'm golfing with my boys and somebody goes in the woods, we may screw with them. But that's not.
Speaker 2: Unusual, right, But that's not the like the most prestigious event in all of golf.
Speaker 1: But what's far more If I could just really gross you out, there's a can I tell you one of the most important rules of golf is, since you're not a golfer, rocks, but in case you ever accidentally.
Speaker 2: Golf, don't don't pee in the pond. No no, no, no, okay, never puck.
Speaker 1: Never pick up a towel that's been left in the woods.
Speaker 2: I I'm going to believe you.
Speaker 1: You know why, I believe there's sometimes it's not just number one, dude, I ever tell you the story of uh all right, So one of my buddies. I don't know if I want to hear this, all right, so you have to know everyone's hammered, Okay, I don't blame her. So And it's also like the worst black fly mosquito day you've ever seen. The wind is still, it's just a perfect time. So we are absolutely inundated with it. And he kind of goes in the woods and he fell going into the woods. And then he comes out of the woods and he has like a golf towel, which he didn't have going into the woods, and he has put the towel inside of his baseball cap so that it's draped over the back of his shoulder and his ears to keep the bugs away. He did not inspect the towel, oh dude. And now now the flies are like, this is the jam. So the thing he thought would keep the bugs away is now attracting more flies because he didn't look at the towels. And we didn't say anything right away.
Speaker 2: Well, what's his nickname?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: He's got to have like a nickname that that's never leaving yet.
Speaker 1: Our radio buddy to the south, all right, let's talk masters for twenty minutes. What's going on, sir.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I but dialed you early.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: I was learning to get on my call with I was trying to get this amount of crap it's coming. Don't worry, We're gonna make fun.
Speaker 3: I was trying. I was, I was trying to call the globalist cabal, and I just I dialed the wrong number.
Speaker 1: I see, okay, And who's the globalist cabal? Is that your wife? I mean, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: No, I know, no, it's the people who tell me what to think.
Speaker 1: I'm well, I mean to be fair, I did get some emails, so no, I know you did, I.
Speaker 3: Got, I got tweets and such as well.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Apparently what I learned what I had learned over the last week, which I actually already knew from twenty fifteen, which is that modern day politics requires complete adherence to every single thing that a politician says.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, or else.
Speaker 3: You are part of the globalist cabal. Yeah no, no, I'm fine, all.
Speaker 1: Right, because let me just quote here, you are a secret globalist World Economic Forum CUP.
Speaker 3: Not so secret.
Speaker 1: That's what I got right after our visit last week.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would say, not so secret. I'm on the literally on the radio, telling everybody what I think about stuff. I think that's probably the opposite of secret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know it's secret to them. Okay, all right, all right. So this is because just to bring people up to speed, as Pete is trying to dodge me making fun of him for calling dude, you're a radio guy, let me ask you a question. What time do you go to break at top of the hour. I'm going to prove a point here.
Speaker 3: Well, I start out at fifty seven. We've got the music that plays.
Speaker 1: Say anymore. The point was, if you ask a radio guy when something happens, he'll tell you down to the second right, So, my jad, my bad. Here at the as we're going to get out of the at the end of the hour starts at fifty eight to fifteen, and the arm out is fifty eight forty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the fact that you're called the show accidentally twenty five minutes early. Are you doing okay? Are you okay? Yes? Okay?
Speaker 3: So yeah, so I have alarm. I have an alarm set on my phone, but I all see I do so like it alerts me, like, hey, make sure that you're you know, back in the back in my studio. Here so I can be ready for the live hit. But I have another live hit that I do, and I do that one. I call in at seven forty and so.
Speaker 1: I I just I forgot who you choosing me with?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: It's not? It's not important? No, this isn't important.
Speaker 10: Mark? Is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's Mark?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine. I do a live hit with Mark.
Speaker 10: I know you do.
Speaker 3: See so like who's cheating on whom?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 1: Well, you never asked me to do a live hit with you, Mark, I do a live hit with it.
Speaker 3: I have been advised I cannot have you guys on my show.
Speaker 1: Oh seriously, I assumed it was something like that.
Speaker 3: And that's from your end, not my end.
Speaker 1: No, stop that.
Speaker 3: No, it's true.
Speaker 1: Oh it sucks all right. Well, we'll make the most of it. So I'm done teasing you with that. Let me ask you a question because we talked last week. You were critical of some of the tariff stuff, which is how I ended up with that email. In retrospect, how do you feel about everything that happened? Man?
Speaker 6: And so?
Speaker 3: Well, if you remember, and I urge people to go back and listen to it again. I thought I was very clear, but it's radio and I know people here, no, I.
Speaker 7: Know you're not.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, for this is for the vigilant against the globalists, which is that I thought I was very clear. But this being radio, I have learned that people hear what they want to hear. And even though I say things in order to provide nuanced and context, people don't ever want to hear that. They just want me to pick up a flag and carry it and wave it around and yell at people call them names if I am perceived to be quote on their side, and no, I'm allowed to have a different opinion. And so my opinion was always framed in the I'm a fish that doesn't know it's wet, right, I said that at the time. I have said that repeatedly. I have been raised in this economic model that tariffs are inflationary, they raise the price for the end user, the consumer, and they can prompt retaliatory tariffs and such and so this and then that leads potentially to shooting wars, right, trade wars can lead to shooting wars, and so, but I said, if this works out, as they are trying to make it work out, and they're saying that this is different model, which I have since learned. There is a name for this. Balanced trade is what it's called, and it's a theory that's been advanced for about the last like fifteen years. It is in opposition to the free trade model. And if this works, I said at the time, I hope it does. I want it to work, but I'm allowed to be worried about the impacts that it's going to have that are unintended, because anything GOVC does like this, there are always unintended impacts. That's why they're unintended. So, as I said, they better be right. That's it. They better be right. They're gambling with a lot of people and a lot of money, and so they better be right. And right now we still don't know. I'm like, I like the fact that they walked them back, which might indicate either strategy if you believe it. And I said this also, if you trust Donald Trump and you have a lot of faith and confidence in him, then whatever he says and does, you're going to be more likely to accept that as the explanation I treat these elected leaders, and Trump is one with skepticism that you know, when they tell me things, I don't automatically believe it. Because of who they are. I recognize they make an argument, Okay, great, is that true? Are there run attenic consequences and so? Right? And so the things that the Austrian economic model and the free trade model, fair trade and such like, these are things that have been adopted as the orthodox, conventional wisdom. And that's not to say that there aren't abuses. China has been abusing America since well since we started trading with them, and I said at the time, also like go after China. So to the extent that now the tariffs have been rained in. Whether it was due to strategy, which I think people who love Trump will say that that was always the strategy, But then there's a there was also an argument to be made that this was a response to the unintended impacts and the extent to which people were freaking out in the markets, particularly the bond markets. Right. So I don't know what's true, but those are the competing argument right there.
Speaker 1: Sorry, because I've given that the same thought that you have, and I have a theory I want to run by you where I think it was strategy. But here's time. Do you remember the erroneous report the day before that there was going to be a ninety day pause, and it caused like for an hour, They're like, this is it, and then the White House is like, that's not it, and they caused the dow to go up and down like a brig and roller coaster, right right. I think that was based on the fact that there was going to be a ninety day pause and they got the cart before the horse because they were not ready to announce it, which Trump clearly did. So that makes me, rather than blind allegiance just processing it, it makes me believe that somebody who knew what was up said something to somebody and they said it to a reporter, and that's why you got that report. So it was not that the report was wrong, it was essentially a day early.
Speaker 3: Do you think it was premature?
Speaker 10: Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Because Eric Erickson he had been told the same thing that there was going to be a ninety day pause. Now he also said that this was due to according to his sources inside the Trump administration, who told them, that the ninety day pause was going to be implemented. That came after a lot of the big business, big donors to Trump met with him and said, you need to find an off ramp. And again I don't know if this is true, but this was This is another theory. So either way, whether it was the strategy from the very beginning or it became the strategy because of the impact, I don't know. But either way, the dialing it back and China's reaction has now isolated China, and you know, they're trying to you know, they're trying to reset this global trade order and scrap basically the model that America had had authored going back to you know, right after World War Two, Bretton Woods and then you've got the Reagan uh, you know, neoliberal order that we are currently under. And so they're trying to rewrite this model and uh. And again I hope they are successful. I do, like I want them to be successful. I will I will celebrate it if we are able to uh to bring manufacturing, particularly for the critical needs of a country, to bring them back on shore, and to punish china abuses, which is hilarious that now China is going to the World Trade Organization and crying. It's like, guys, like the abuses of China are well documented and uh, they've never been held to account really for their behavior. I mean, anybody who, like you heard Kevin O'Leary, I'm sure right, you go over yeah, yeah, wants of huge tabs. And his big beef is that when you're if you're an American inventor and you make something and then you go to China to produce that product, within six months, somebody has ripped off your designs and is pumping out competing goods than your invention for way less, and it puts you out of business. It's stealing, it's and it's intellectual property sept that China has been engaged in for like twenty twenty five years. And like, if we can if we can punish China for that, and we can force countries to say you're either with us or with China on this stuff, then I think that redounds to our benefit. And I think them saying we want to negotiate bilateral agreements, this is a new model, and they want to, you know, offer the most benefits to the ally countries that want to engage with us, and that hopefully makes them closer to us.
Speaker 1: China's so far gone. I don't know how you fix that. And you know who was one of the most vocal politicians in their ire for China for decades. Chuck Schumer, it was the one thing where this guy was spot on about it, right, and he was very and now he's got to sit there and like the other you know, he's got to pretend like Trump's wrong on China. And this is why this is like where you where you're at? Where I just I I everything that every one of these elected a hole says, I just I don't even file it away is true. Like Chuck Schumer, I've given him credit on the show where he's been very critical of China, and now he's got to pretend like it's not a problem. And Kevin O'Leary had a phrase for those type of entrepreneurs and I can't remember what it was, but yeah, no, it was spot on. And of course then you know they trash and what does he know he's Canadian and blah blah blah. I'm like, China doesn't just take advantage of the US. They take advantage of everybody, right and remember remember they also like they're for all you eco moonbats who are against Trump. You know, China's big thing is to go find endangered like reefs and then dump sand on them to make islands so they can pretend that all of the South China Sea is their property. So they've also like murdered all this sea life. If you need something to get behind, they're not they're not good players, and they flew a spy balloon over us, so screw them.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and also like when Trump did the first round of tariffs in his first term, what China did then was to move there and ship their their operations through other countries, right yeah.
Speaker 1: And talked about this for people trying to understand why the there was tariffs on these islands with just penguins, I'm like, because it's a drop ship thing that China does. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So who's your master's pick, Pete calendar?
Speaker 6: Do you like?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I saw that girl hit that that really long putt. I mean it was a really slow rolling ball, but I thought that.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about golf, do you.
Speaker 3: That's true? Yeah? No, I'm not a golfer.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't watch it. If I like, if I want to fall asleep, I watch it.
Speaker 1: I see okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Oh, because it's very serene, you know, the voices of the commentators are very calming and yeah, but no I don't. I don't follow golf or watch golf or anything. But I know this is a very big deal for those who do.
Speaker 1: You know, So going back to China real quick, since you know nothing about golf, so, uh, you know a lot of people and the media is doing a crap job of reporting how China is trying to deal with this. And it's like I keep seeing these reports from like CNBC and others where it clearly looks like they're on team China, which is bonkers to me. But you know, when it comes to hating Trump, that's what you gotta do, right, you know, China is one of the things they're trying to do is rapidly divest themselves of treasuries. And people thought they were doing that just to be retaliatory because you saw a yield increase during the earlier part of the week. But the fact is, uh, their currency, it was already getting hammered. It's absolutely decimated right now. Right And like so I talked about, you talked about shooting wars. What people don't understand is China, it was so leveraged in stuff. When Sri Lanka melted down last year, the financial loss that was the greatest was not Sri Lanka, it was China because they were so leveraged in that and they So this is like you talk about trade wars turning to shooting wars. The best example is US, uh, you know, messing with oil ahead of Japan attacking Pearl Harbor. People go go back to that. Do you honestly believe that China escalates this? And is it a Taiwan invasion? What do you think? It looks like I got a minute and a half.
Speaker 3: So have you read the fourth turning?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yeah, good, I'm glad you're going right.
Speaker 3: And so it's hard for me to look at to look at world events and not see the past earns. And that's of great concern because there's you know, there's no guarantee you come out of that turning in the same state that you went into it. So that's the concern. And so yeah, I mean, if they're if President of China winnie the pool over there, if he I don't know, if he if he feels sufficiently threatened. You know, one way to rally everybody together in a country, particularly it's atalitarian one, it is to go to war.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and remember, especially for the media, and I'll say this, and I gotta let you go. For all you media people, China still disappears reporters. I don't know if you guys know this. That's still the thing they do. And they even disappeared their former president in the middle of a meeting. So right, yeah, that's that's what you're dealing with, all right, Pete. I appreciate it, my man. Hopefully the trailers are nicer to you today.
Speaker 3: So oh, that's fine. I thrive on it. I know.
Speaker 1: I know he's going to go on Twitter and fight now, so following there and we will be right back. Do appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: I did in addition to doing radio, when I was in Minneapolis and I worked part time, I had a like, essentially a consulting contract for a company that produces essentially medical suppert medical food stuff so it's non prescription.
Speaker 2: And it was a guy who.
Speaker 1: Invented something called d ribos I'll tell you what it is whatever, and they held the pad. He and a bunch of his classmates at University of Minnesota essentially were able as chemists built this or created this thing. And he held the medical or the medical and food application. I don't know how the deal went, and so his company blew up because they used to use it only for helping heart patients. So if you had like heart surgery, a heart transplant, or they had to open your ribcage. It was a way to increase energy without raising the heart rate. I don't admit to know all the science behind it. So for a lot of years that's all it was. And then when energy drinks popped off, all of a sudden, he got licensed by a couple of the energy so he was licensed to print money. So they went into major manufacturing. So the work that I did for him is I created radio infomercials for him and they would do like weekend show. If you ever listened to this station on the weekend, you probably heard some of these things. So when that blew up, he said, well, I have to go do a fundraising round and they were gonna open a factory in China, and I actually got to go with them. So I ended up going to a mon Jordan, Germany, India, Kualaumpoor, Malaysia, China, and Japan, and they paid for it, so I'm like, yeah, I'll go for it. I love to travel, but it was it was kind of all work. But I remember in China there was two things that stuck out to be. One we went to where the factories were, which as a normal tourist you can't go there. And you show up and they're just like, hey, you want to buy a factory, and they just have these lines of factories, right, and they had and it's turnkey, like the people are there, and I think it was twenty million at the time. He did not go with that, just to be clear, but he did go elsewhere in Asia. But yeah, it was just like if you have twenty million, we have literally like the people too. You just it's just turnkey. And then they but it became very clear that business in China was not conducted like business in the US. And there's a phrase that I've heard people use who do business in China. The negotiations begin once the contract signed, and it's really like the way that they negotiate there is remarkably different than the US. And he was he was a smart enough dude. Obviously he had somebody who that's all this guy does is do deals over in China. And I just remember were sitting at their little strategy thing just listening to this dude explained, Hey, everything you've ever negotiated, just know that it doesn't work that way in China.
Speaker 6: And he was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole thing was a nightmare. And then and also there's the big fear that once you turn over the tech, you're cooked. And I've got several emails like George Lady said, we want to do locomotive business in China. Part of the deal was to transfer all technology. Yeah, yeah, that's so like China. And and you know that's the upfront theft of intellectual property where they're kind of forcing your hand to do it because the deal is we don't turn it over, but you still do some business that does steal it anyway. So I don't know, as I was this kind of continuation on the conversation with Pete, like you're not just changing one or two things, You're having to change the entirety of the business callulture in China, which is a much bigger thing. It's a much heavier lift. And so this is far more complex than China just coming to the table going all right, no tariffs, right, That doesn't solve really the big problems with China, which is intellectual property theft. I had another buddy who do business in China, and every that dude would come back with DVDs of movies that were in theaters for a week that were really well done. Right, So you have all of this culturally. I don't know how you fix that with the teriff agreement. So the question is how deep does does Trump want to go on this thing, because I don't know how you stop them from stealing your ips, Like, I don't know how you correct that other than alienating, devastating their economy, and perhaps hardening the hearts of Chinese citizens. Remember, China has something and has had something for the last about two twenty years that they previously didn't have, and that is a middle class. There is a lot, don't get me wrong. There's wigers, and there's you know, the immensely poor people in China essentially slave labor in some cases they exist, But China has a substantial hundreds of millions of people that are quote unquote middle class, and you know what, they're probably big fans of it compared to the alternative. Either you're you know, your top of the you know, top of the echelon, and you're doing really really well, probably stealing two as you saw with some of the construction stuff, or you're you're dirt poor. Now they have people that are in their version of a middle class, and how will they react. So if that economy tanks and the currency tanks, they go in one of two directions. One they galvanized with leadership and perhaps they're willing to as Pete Sead started shooting more, or they overthrow their government, which I I don't know, but you understand what I'm saying, like they're going to have to blame somebody. Is it Jijinping or is it us? And I don't know the answer to that. And it's not even a cautionary tale. It's just me trying to strategize how this thing potentially plays out. And I you know, but as Trump pointed out, as Trump pointed out yesterday, and we're very powerful.
Speaker 4: This country is very powerful. It's far more powerful that people understand. We have weaponry that nobody has any idea what it is. And it is the most powerful weapons in the world that we have, more powerful than anybody even not even close. So nobody's going to do that. But I think that if that's what you're referring to maybe it's not all right.
Speaker 1: Well, and so we try to figure out what's the secret weapon? Ross went, what did you go with? I can't remember what it was. I've had several suggestions in the poop Lazer was something else, but like maybe, and and for all the advancements that China has, you have to you have to remember too that a lot of China's real futuristic tech kind of works but kind of not really. Yeah, if I'm describing that correctly, like they tend to over accentuate where they're at and what they have. And while China is one of the UH is one of the nations who has successfully launched a rock. Look, there's only four entities that have ever launched a rocket into orbit and retrieved it. Okay, so it's Us, the Russians, the Chinese, and India would count, but they didn't retrieve and Elon Musk that's it. But four, there's four, and Jeff Bezos doesn't count because that's not full orbit. They didn't get out of They were just in what they call near orbit or whatever. So China does obviously is you know, advanced technologically, but a lot of theirs uf really doesn't work as well as they would let on. It's why they end up putting the videos out of their new fighter jet technology, and you quickly realize that it's cut scenes from the movie Top Gun coupled with a little of their fighter jet. That being said, they have the numbers, right, so they have they have body after body to throw at you. And I think their navy is larger larger than ours now, though is not the technology and the class of the ships is not on the same level. So that's it's an interesting conversation. I'm glad Pete brought it up, but I was just doing some thinking there. Real quick, all right, real quick, Chris, I got about a minute.
Speaker 10: What's up, Hey, Good morning, Casey.
Speaker 3: I believe that America has the two weapons that I know of that America has that no one realizes. Is one as super cavitation.
Speaker 6: The other one would be the neutron bomb. What is now familiar with.
Speaker 1: Joe's What's what's the first one? Sir?
Speaker 3: Super cavitation is like a rocket underwater, so a torpedo that makes I don't want to say what it is or what it could be. I just know that it's there.
Speaker 1: I just won't I don't have to describe. I probably want one for fishing, so good for fishing, right.
Speaker 6: And the other one is the neutron bomb, which would just devastate all biological life on Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, well now I need now I need you. All right, thanks for the call there, Ross, I need one of those underwater missiles. Could you, uh maybe go on TMU and get one? All right, he's going to work on that while race Agic works on a weather forecast. Yeah, I want one, yeah, one, uh huh. So we have some super crazy secret weapons. That's awesome. And now I want to know what it is.
Speaker 6: Well I don't have it. I don't know what it is. If I could stop rain, it would be good because right now, looking at it rain, it's actually steadier.
Speaker 1: You're talking about harp and we know about that.
Speaker 6: So oh okay, so that's that. Yeah, but you know steady or now from the triangle north northeast, as you get into southern Virginia, rainy actually pretty hard there. Mispatch will pushed through here and we actually get a little bit of a break. But the trend's going to be for more scattered shower thunderstorms today, So plan on wet weather if you're going to be out and about. I think even through this evening severe, probably not a strong storm, could produce some gusty winds and hail. I mean you need have been hailers, especially across North Georgia where they had some two a jail in some spots. So just a heads up. Low sixties today tonight, mid upper forties, shower, thunderstorms, and then we'll kick off the weekend cloudy, cooler, mid upper fifties on Saturday with just a passing shower. Rain's not going to be a problem on Saturday, and it certainly will not be on Sunday. Mostly sunny, mid upper sixties, pushing eighty by Monday, with sunshine back in the seventies Tuesday starting. I think Sunday for sure, we're looking at some nice dry weather, mild weather, and that should continue at least to the middle part of next week. Anybody interested, like Casey and Augusta, just an isolated shower, maybe a thundershower this afternoon this evening. Other than that's going to be a beautiful weekend for golf. Casey, I want to emphasize that there might be one storm in all North Georgia today. The chance is so small, but happened. It could. I'm not saying it is. But even if there's one storm, it could be over Augusta, but it won't last long. My bets that there's probably not going to be any rain, but again, it might be one. That's how isolated the storms will be today.
Speaker 1: Rain can be a problem, but they don't stop playing for rain, So right.
Speaker 6: Light maybe well right when I say that, I say thunderstorm going up? But yeah, I think the chances are slimm.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, can we move it over towards Clemson and then your people can deal with that.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's not nice. I'm going there too. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Oh well, a guy, that's fine, all right to do that. Appreciate it and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on.
Speaker 9: Well, good morning, case and happy Friday. This report is sponsored by Total Wine and More. We just got another inflation surprise the Producer Price Index, and there was less inflation in the pipeline last month. The PPI fell four tenths percent in March. The core PPI, which excludes energy and food costs, was down one tenth of a percent. The tip for tet trade war between the US and China continues, with China announcing it is hiking its tariff on all American goods to one hundred twenty five percent that starts tomorrow. If things don't change, the levies are going to halt almost all trade between.
Speaker 1: The world's biggest economies.
Speaker 9: Treasury Secretary Scott Bessont has taken the lead. He's trying to negotiate new deals with the nation's trading partners to prevent President Trump's tariffs from going into effect. Before he was chosen as Treasury Secretary, Besson described the president's approach to trade as escalate to de escalate, and with all the attention on tariffs, it's easy to forget. The first quarter earnings reporting season is starting. JP Morgan Chase and Wells Fargo opened their books this morning. The numbers were positive. CarMax says it's loading up on pre owned vehicles from recent model years. The company anticipates tariffs on new imported cars. We'll have a lot of people looking for more affordable wheels and Casey one informal recession indicator ascending an early warning. Thousands of massage therapists, hairstylists makeup artists and other beauty professionals who were in New York for a trade show said they're seeing signs the economy is slowing. Many of the clients who come in give them an year full about the financial stress they're feeling. Many clients don't come in as often as they did before. They're going longer between haircuts and other services. Casey, you know, I actually saw a business story.
Speaker 1: Did you see that? The owner of Modello Constellation says that sales are down and they think that the immigration crackdown is to blame.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 1: They said that if fewer Latino customers coming in. Yeah, and remember that's number one beer in the country because bud Light did the thing, you know. So yes, interesting, All right, thanks Jeffery. Okay, have a good weekend. Yeah you too. All right, there you go, jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News. Oh I should have asked him what his favorite beer is. I forgot what are you gonna do? Hey? Real quick, because it's Friday and I've had this stuff just cutting a hole in my pocket. I got two stories for you, and for one of them, we're gonna need this. Florida Man, Florida Man, Florida man. Is something in the water they errors hand that makes you do all that crazy crap. It's like the state is one week dumb ass trapped. Nowhere else has the Florida man. It is almost like, as the Weird Factor climbs to.
Speaker 2: Find out it have been in Florida every time, Florida, then Florida man.
Speaker 1: If anyone can cheer me, if you know, you can to mind life, you crazy, but of course, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's bad crap, crazy as yours.
Speaker 1: Nowhere else are you gonna find him? They're so used to it, they don't find him.
Speaker 2: Hooray for Florida.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I will say this partial ownership. According to the rest report, he is a transplant to Florida this year, previously residing in in Greensboro. So that's nice. So forty nine year old Daniel Cirello I'm not how to pronounce that, don't care, was arrested for public intoxication, also menacing patrons of an Applebee's in Clearwater, Florida. So what did he do? According to police, the forty nine year old was so intoxicated he was unable to answer basic questions such as where he was, where he came from what state he was even in, initially saying he was in North Carolina, which he was not. He was in Clearwater, Florida. However, what was he doing well, he was trying to get in various vehicles in the parking lot, as well as I guess, yelling at people in the bar and the whole time. According to the report, he was wearing nothing but a pink wig, fake breasts and a pink thong, and apparently the Applebee's manager felt that that was not appropriate a tire for the Applebee's. A grown man in nothing but a pink thong and a pink wig and fake hoots. So if you're going to Applebee's, I guess today you can't wear that there.
Speaker 6: So ross.
Speaker 1: Do you think they have this problem in Olive Garden? I bet they don't.
Speaker 2: I know, it sounds like a Coraba's issue, or in this case, Applebee's.
Speaker 1: So there you go.