Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: There was another swatting call, this one targeted Claremont McKenna College last night. Of course, this was after the evacuations at Loma Linda and San Bernardino County. President Trump is going to deliver a law and order speech today at the Justice Department. Gold is now over three thousand dollars an ounce. Chuck Schumer has backed off of his plan to block the continuing Resolution, so it looks like there will not be a government shutdown coming up.
Speaker 1: I've been showing my age a lot recently, and this falls under that umbrella whole gold thing. Man, gold is legit.
Speaker 3: Three thousand, three thousand bucks at.
Speaker 1: All the people that put all their money in the gold bars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're sitting pretty Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some to that and Ted Lasso news, Oh there's a new season they're going to do season four? Was that not going to happen the way they wrote the end of season three? It didn't look like it was going to happen because Ted went back to Kansas and they he let it. I don't know if you let it slip, if it was planned, whatever it was. He was on the podcast with the the Kelsey Brothers and they said, we love the show. Is there going to be a season four? And he's like, yeah, we're writing it right now.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Now what we know is he's back, Brad Goldstein is back, Hannah watting him is back.
Speaker 3: So a lot of the same people are going to be back.
Speaker 2: But he's going to be coaching a women's team, or I shouldn't say, but I should say.
Speaker 3: And he's going to be coaching a women's team.
Speaker 1: Is there going to be? And I have to ask, you.
Speaker 3: Know, there will be.
Speaker 4: I know exactly what you're gonna say, and you know which is funny, which is funny because they're going it seems like that era of Hollywood had passed where you've got to have you got to check your boxes, to your reports.
Speaker 1: I really hope they don't tackle that and they can just make it about a women's team.
Speaker 2: Steph Curry hit his four thousandth three pointer, which is an unbelievable achievement.
Speaker 3: No one has ever reached that.
Speaker 1: There's somebody who's going to hit that three Good for him threshold. It's going to be him, and he did it, and nobody sit three like he was fake pop one and then the shot and these you know two three feet behind the line and then he knows it before it goes in. It's like Patrick Mahomes when he fake pumps, you know. But more importantly, Amy, what the hell is going on? So here's what happened today. I got into the station and Gary says, have you heard the big news? And watching he's watching the eagle cam and there's Jackie and it's snowy and it looks like where I left off yesterday when I left here, and I go no, and he looks at me and he's not saying anything, and I just said, you know what, save it, like, just tell me when we get on the air. So then I go about living my life for the next ninety seconds because I got here late per usual, and uh And I walk in here and producer and says, did you hear one of them's missing? And I'm like what? And then Amy King comes down the hall and she has this forlorn look on her face and then I lash out at Anne. I'm taking it out on Ann because I'm worried about the eagle that that's allegedly missing. And I say to Anne, why are.
Speaker 3: You ruining the show.
Speaker 1: You're the worst producer ever. We're just gonna save that. And she looked at me like I was crazy, and she left. And now Amy's gonna get us up to date. So here's what we know.
Speaker 5: When they started feeding the kids this morning, there were only two.
Speaker 3: Eating, right, say, they're only two visible visible.
Speaker 5: There's no sign of the other one. But we did talk to Sandy Steers with friends of Big Bear Valley, and she said, we don't know because we can't see everything because of snow.
Speaker 1: I mean there's like a foot of snow in that nestle. Well, Amy, you know that as well as I do. I'm just saying, we don't know what has happened to the chicken it is while it's not there. He's not there, he's not there. No, Okay. So I don't feel like we should have false hope. You guys trapdoor in that thing, right exactly. I don't think there's false hope.
Speaker 5: I think that we need to watch nature seriously because we know that their chances of survival are fifty percent.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's just what it is in nature. I have a question. We just happen to be watching. What's the most likely thing? Did somebody eat the baby?
Speaker 3: They would have been seen on camera?
Speaker 2: No, nobody, there's there's listen right now, there are seventy thousand people watching this camera on saw what happened. No, what I'm saying is there's nothing that ate it because you would have seen somebody would have seen it on camera.
Speaker 5: There was really a bad snowstorm, and if one of them got out from underneath, that might have been blown away. No, not away because they're in that bowl. But maybe it was super cold. Maybe he just wasn't getting enough food. We don't use carcass, but you wouldn't necessarily because again the snow is really deep, so they like you can't see the front edge of the ball, so he might Still he's not going to make it.
Speaker 1: We know that. I mean, what, well, you don't know that he could have got he could have left the US early, flown away. Is that a thing? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, condor has entered the chat in the YouTube chat that I don't know.
Speaker 3: Somebody who watches we.
Speaker 2: Are viewing the everyday life of bald eagles. Sometimes our emotions override our curiosity. It's okay, to trust them when you need to and to make healthy decisions for yourself.
Speaker 1: What the hell does that mean? Stop watching because you're so destitute.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now, it is very funny.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of people who are very upset because they don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. And people were so, here's the other thing. The eagles are doing what eagles do. This is how nature works.
Speaker 5: And like we've seen the eagles, who are so freaking cute bunk each other and it looks a little bit harsh because you know, they bite each other and that's part of establishing the pecking order, right, So that's what they do.
Speaker 1: And people are like, why is he pecking? And he's mean? And I've even said it. He looks like he's mean. He's not. He's being an eagle. This is what eagles do. So we're just it's hard to watch. But this is what it is. I told you it was going to be tough.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Amy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but we have two who ate great. This morning. I just saw them again. They look great. But there is okay, so wait, we're we have a shot. Jackie's there now right. I believe it's shadow on the shadow. Okay, so Jackie's missing. There is there is a world, stop me if I'm wrong, in which when it was dark and you couldn't see, even if there were thousands of people still watching in the dark, that you couldn't hypothetically see Jackie leaving with one of the No, there's not a world, and that's what happens.
Speaker 2: Why not, because because, like I said, there's seventy thousand that's just right now, seventy thousand people that are watching the way if it was dark, go back and look all.
Speaker 3: They have the night vision vision.
Speaker 1: Do you have night vision?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've never stayed up there.
Speaker 1: Wait no, so no one saw what happened to the SEGLT.
Speaker 3: That's that's the whole point.
Speaker 5: I saw last night when he was getting fed at about six something, okay, wow. And then this morning I checked before I went to bed, and then this morning when.
Speaker 1: We were we had the cameras on and noticed that there was just two. So the hypothesis is that he froze to death and is underneath the snow of them.
Speaker 2: Possibly, that's I think that's the most likely explanation comes. But as of this morning, since they realized after the feeding that they could only see two. There's never really since then, there's never been a great opportunity to get a good looks as to what's in there.
Speaker 3: And the way that uh, what's.
Speaker 2: Her name, Shandy, Sandy, The way she described it is you can't see what's in the nest.
Speaker 3: Bowl is the way she described it.
Speaker 2: So, like Amy was saying at the beginning of this, you can't see the very front edge.
Speaker 1: We could be sleeping, could be.
Speaker 3: What what could also be?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't count on the sleeping part. Okay, the eternal Okay, fine, yeah, fine, okay, all right, so check back on that.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 5: It is so sad, but you know, also nature, it's nature, and it probably gives the other two a better chance of survivor.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to look at it, Amy, that's a really good way to look.
Speaker 2: At it, that that the third one sacrificed itself so that the brothers.
Speaker 5: So was this Rocky that that passed We don't know because it's hard to see. You can see when they're the three of them are together. You can see that Rocky is a lot small, smaller, but I couldn't tell from this.
Speaker 1: So we had Rocky, we had Dora the Explorer and Brutus? Is that right the way I named them? You don't remember the names. The official naming isn't till later.
Speaker 3: Good lord.
Speaker 2: Other good news, space launches ago. We should get our astronauts back here pretty quick. We'll talk about that when we come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Now we're in this all the time. We've been doing news reporting for a very long time. In your real life, when has this ever come up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's an excellent point. I mean just in terms of you go to dinner, maybe you have a couple of friends with you. Does government shutdown ever ever? Enter the conversation?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Ever, it's kids, it's family, it's health, it's exercise, it's what show watch? Did you hear the new music from so and so? Where are you guys going next? So you went to Mammoth? Wasn't it beautiful?
Speaker 3: Did you? Guys?
Speaker 1: Oh? This snow? Never in your real life does government shutdown come up? So why do the media type spend so much time obsessing.
Speaker 3: Over the It's a good I don't know.
Speaker 1: News doesn't have to be something where you're like, oh, I gotta watch the news. This is so boring it sucks. It could be also really information that you can actually.
Speaker 2: Use, right, I mean, listen, there are depending on how it ends up with Doge cutting everybody, but there are two million federal workers that not all of them would be affected in the event of a government shutdown. And it's been a very long time since we've had a government shutdown that lasted long enough for people to actually feel the pain of it, you know, missed paychecks and things like that. But I don't know, it's just one of those This is one of the more frustrating aspects of the way our government works and then or doesn't or doesn't And then if you were to say, in the halls of Congress, hey, just so you know, three hundred and thirty million people don't give a rats ask about a government shutdown because they want they expect you to do your job.
Speaker 1: Or don't think you're as important as you are in this bubble of complete echo chamber. I mean, DC is the worst of its kind when it comes to that.
Speaker 2: Diddy is expected back in court today to be arraigned on a new indictment adds new accusations. The judge is expected to ask Sean Dittycombs for his plea to this new indictment, probably about an hour and a half from now, expected in Manhattan Federal Court. Right now, trial is still scheduled for May fifth. He has previously pleaded not guilty to charges of racketeering, conspiracy, sex trafficking, and transportation to engage in prostitution. Oh speaking of which, a dozen very rich, powerful, high profile people are accused in a high class brothel are expected to be named in court today.
Speaker 3: Where is the brothel? Well, they said that there's.
Speaker 2: A couple in Cambridge and Watertown, Massachusetts, and a couple suburbs of DC. So they're talking about potential doctors, lawyers, politicians, celebrities, et cetera. This is all coming out of a case in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Twenty eight total alleged Johns are going to appear in court over the coming weeks. The other sixteen will be in court next Friday and then the friday after that.
Speaker 1: I love a good old fashioned brothel. You don't get a lot of brothel news to stay and age. You know, it's all a surreptitious meeting at a daze in and Glendale that you arranged via an app an old fashioned brothel with a black book and a madam. That's madam where the funds app.
Speaker 2: There will be some fun on the SpaceX Falcon nine rocket poise to launch Crew ten mission for NASA four astronauts.
Speaker 3: I think it's for people, although.
Speaker 2: I think one of them is from Japan and one is from the Russian Space Agency, so that would make him a cosmal nut. They will be on the Crew Dragon Endurance spacecraft, lifting off hopefully from NASA's Kennedy Space Center this Afternoons called off the launch a couple of days ago because of hydraulics issues with the clamp device on the tower that actually holds the rocket to the launch pad, not with the rocket itself.
Speaker 3: This was with the tower. They're hoping they got that thing fixed.
Speaker 2: The whole point of this is to not just take those four crew members up, but to bring four people down, including Butcher and Sonny, the ones that were only supposed to be in space for about eight days, and now they're knocking on nine months that they've been up there.
Speaker 1: Does anybody think of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid every time you hear this? Or is that me again being an old like Butch and Sonny, you know Butch son.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I got the connection. I just never thought of it that way.
Speaker 1: Yes, your mind doesn't work like mine. Ah, lucky you, lucky you. This is wild. A fire on an American Airlines plane after it diverts mid flight lands in Denver, had people running to a wing. Yeah, this is very twighlight zone. I have not seen the video. I'll watch it now.
Speaker 2: That's coming up and tearing the skies. Also Dodgers in Japan.
Speaker 3: They own that tea tree right now.
Speaker 6: Oh, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 5: Hey, everybody, is it the littlest one or does because I think Amy you always know that.
Speaker 1: So is it the smallest one that was born last that's missing? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't, we don't know. It's too hard to tell, right.
Speaker 1: We don't know it.
Speaker 5: I mean it looked like the two that were having breakfast this morning, like they were closer to the same size because the third one was born almost a week after the first two, so he was quite a bit.
Speaker 2: And you could tell when they were the three of them were together, you could tell there was a smaller of them.
Speaker 1: Rocky, his name is Rocky. He has a name.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, this is a this is for Gary.
Speaker 1: Hey, Gary, you went to Mammoth Did you happen to go to.
Speaker 3: Distant Brewing?
Speaker 1: That's my son's own that anyway, just curious. Thanks.
Speaker 2: No, I would have loved to have known that. We did drive through the part. We saw it a couple of times. It was the one place that I wanted to go that we didn't end up going, simply because of the timing issues.
Speaker 3: No, that looked very very cool.
Speaker 1: We went there. I believe we went to a lot of breweries there. There's one on your way in.
Speaker 3: There's one that's Mammoth. Mammoth Brewing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful with sunny day, sat outside, had a couple of brewis. I think I had a shardonay. Actually, I like a brewery that does a nice shardonay.
Speaker 2: You mean they import it whatever. But No, we pulled through that parking lot. We actually ate across the street from there. Yeah, not because we didn't want to, but that was on the list.
Speaker 1: I loved, like I could spend some real time there.
Speaker 3: I want to go back in the summer time.
Speaker 1: I want to go back in the winter.
Speaker 3: I want the smell of hot pond.
Speaker 1: I want to learn how to ski.
Speaker 3: You've never skied.
Speaker 1: I have, I'm awful at it, which is why I continue on wanting to learn Hygerian. Shannon and Amy, and I'm sorry, report I know what happened to the third eaglet. Oh, it was Doje. Eagles are fairly protected and Elon Musk took the third one.
Speaker 3: Fired. Sorry, that's awful. Love you guys.
Speaker 1: That's funny about you too.
Speaker 2: You're fired. Dodgers are in Tokyo, of course. Shoheyo tani Yoshiobu Yamamoto and Roki Sasaki are absolute celebrities, not to mention the I think there's at least two players on the Cubs that are Japanese.
Speaker 1: I've been craving sushi, and I think it's because we keep talking about this trip. I know you don't like sushi. It's okay. I think you've only been to bad sushi. I think you've only been to like Strip Mall, Van Eyes all you can't sushi.
Speaker 3: Se sushi is incredible.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes they fool you just saying they're in Seattle.
Speaker 2: I think I have enough of a discerning taste that I could see what is or I could tell what it's.
Speaker 1: I think you also have a blockage in your mind.
Speaker 3: I did too.
Speaker 1: I was the same way. I hate it. I was like the idea oyster, same thing. So I get it. I get where you're coming from. I just know your journey's not over.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers will play a couple of exhibition games with Japanese teams before Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday, three in the morning, first pitch, they take on the Cubs. Wednesday, same thing, they take on the Cubs again, and these are the first two games of the regular season, so these games will count for just those two teams. Yoshinoba Yamamoto and Roki Sasaki are going to start pitchers be the starting pitchers for the Dodgers in both of those games.
Speaker 3: Show Hey obviously will be the designated hitter.
Speaker 1: I know there's a conversation of is it fair for teams to play games in far away lands? Games that count right? Where do you come down on that? They've does it matter when the season's that long as opposed to the football season when it's only seventeen games.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I didn't think about that, But they have more apps. They have more access to travel. It's easier to do it for them during the season.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't mind the spread of baseball around the world, especially in other countries that have obviously embraced it as much as Japan has or even Taiwan or a game in China. They all have Korea, they have all incredible baseball Australia of course, when the Dodgers went to Australia. Yeah, those are all good things. I don't I don't have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I would hate it if if it had an impact on those teams, Like they come back and they're just bedraggled for the first three so the regular season.
Speaker 1: Would you say that you in this lent in time are bedraggled without your naps.
Speaker 2: There is a dark time in the afternoons where I feel confused.
Speaker 1: It's weird because we were talking about this off the air. Gary gave up naps for lent and I have weekday naps, weekday naps. I have embraced them. I think as like a sympathy pain for him. This week an I've taken a nap every day this week it's been delightful and wonderful. I was not a napper and then you said it, you put it in my craw and then I thought like, oh, that sounds kind of nice, and now I'm kind of a devote Yeah, yep, So would be draggled be a good word to describe you?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I find stuff to do.
Speaker 2: It's not like I'm just dragging around the house or you know, sitting on the couch watching YouTube or something.
Speaker 1: But what is it that you're doing in lieu of the naps.
Speaker 2: Well, I get simple tasks done, like you know, paying bills and things that I remember to do as opposed to cramming it in later at night or whatever I take.
Speaker 3: I can take my time to do that. I've done a lot of more reading in the middle of the day. That's good, which can sometimes be really really hard.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, but I find a way good And listen, we also sound like complete lazy.
Speaker 1: We are we.
Speaker 3: Are we nap.
Speaker 1: We have the ability to nap, and that is a luxury. We're not poor and pavement. At two in the afternoon, Terror in the Skies.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KF I am sixty, so.
Speaker 1: People were fleeing to the wing of this American Airlines flight after fire.
Speaker 3: That's where we do terroran Scots.
Speaker 1: Bil take off rather get off my plane. That's going on a.
Speaker 4: Muffy pin Sikes on this money.
Speaker 6: It's Gary and Shannon's r.
Speaker 1: Let's just start tearing the sky with terror in the nest.
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifty feet up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Amy, the snow is cleared, The Eglitz are being fed their breakfast. There are two of them. Can you tell now which one is missing? It's still hard to tell.
Speaker 5: I mean, the front one looks larger than the one who's in back there kind of the which the front one is probably the one who's you know, head of the pecking order, but you can't really tell, uh if that's chick number two or chick number three.
Speaker 1: But those of the chances may be doing well. There's a chance that Rocky killed Dora or I mean, Brutus could have killed Dora. Well, no, they didn't. That's not what the chicks do.
Speaker 5: That's just establishing when they're bonking each other, that's just establishing the pecking order.
Speaker 1: So there's never been a sibling murder. I feel like their husband I don't think that's what happened here. No, okay, all right, okay, just let's not go there. Here's the thing though, you guys. Yeah, what I don't understand is, even if there was, they are so dang cute when they're eating and they just got there. They're all furry, gray little fur and they're all cuddled up next to each other in the little nest that's in the hole.
Speaker 3: In the snow sting el sibling.
Speaker 1: No, I think that that carcass is not there, you guys, because as they're moving around, there's no dead burden there. Well, it could again, it could be right behind them in that front edge. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I feel like when we talked to Sandy earlier, she said, nobody got taken out of the bowl and they just can't see inside all the way.
Speaker 1: But we'll no more when the snow starts melting. But isn't isn't there something that kicks in where if there was a dead family member in the nest that they would get rid of that, like there's no, oh really no.
Speaker 5: A couple of years ago, when one of them died, it was it was just so sad, the uh because the mom would just kind of stare at it. Jacket would just look at it, and that the other chick would kind of snuggle up against it. And sometimes it like becomes part of the nest. Sometimes they remove it. It's you just don't know. It's like yellow jackets. It's like yellow jackets. You're saying, now, yellow jackets is just like nature? Well the TV show, Well, yeah, I'm not going to get into it. But sometimes when you have to live off the land, guys, it's hard to say goodbye to a dead body. M you know the reason, I'll tell you the one on the left is getting a lot more food than the one on the right.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the one on the left is definitely browdus, don't you think I do.
Speaker 5: He's kind of the leader of the pack. He established himself as the alpha pretty quickly. Yeah, but he'll he'll get done eating and then and then the other guy will get them.
Speaker 2: Is that a bird that he's chewing on or is it a fish?
Speaker 1: That's bird? And I think that they they brought up a duck this morning too.
Speaker 3: Where's the duck there?
Speaker 1: You can see you can look at duck bill right there. Look at it.
Speaker 3: That's a dead duck right there.
Speaker 1: It's a big guy. It's a big duck. You guys, gonta.
Speaker 5: Remember how big eagles are. They're like two or three feet tall. When they're just standing there, it's like a French restaurant up there.
Speaker 1: They've got the the whole duck carcass just splayed out there right she and the sushi.
Speaker 3: Uh twelve people had to be hospitalized.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, look at this now. Now they just got fed. And now that's shadow right is that shadow, Yes, that's hovering over them, trying to keep them warm there underneath his belly. Now it looks like he's giving them little kisses. Now he's just making she just kind of going like this. He's settling in, thank you. And here's here's the one last thing on this. You see how he's covering them and they protect them from the cold because they are not waterproof and they don't have they don't have anything to keep them warm yet because they don't know their feathers. This actually could increase the chances of the other two living because as they get bigger, it's harder and harder for them to cover the chicks.
Speaker 2: If there were if there was another one in there, there'd be less space for them.
Speaker 1: I have a question. Does that mean that although Jackie's bigger, is that still like a dad role? Once they get bigger to like be the guy who covers them. They both do it.
Speaker 5: Jackie's actually bigger than Shadow, right, but they both they switch off.
Speaker 1: Now, Jackie leaving the nest is that a sign that she Gary wants to move on And I feel badly that we're not. But I do have more questions. Jackie leaving the nest is.
Speaker 3: John when we come back?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, sorry, Gary and Shannon will continue funny questions.
Speaker 3: Hot Eagle talk today. And then there were two.
Speaker 1: There's eighty five thousand people watching right now. Right, I'm not.
Speaker 3: The only one.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying, screw them people on that American flight, they all lived. Yeah, fire schmule. Tell that to the eaglet who's dead under the snow.
Speaker 3: Oh stop, lord.
Speaker 2: W you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lap