Speaker 1: Are back, and joining me now from the Sengenberger compound is Junny Sengenberger, who has written a column today and the Denver Gazette come out yesterday's epic clapback by Mayor Mike Kaufman and the fake controversy ginned up by media horror and racist s grifter Tay Anderson. I think that's a pretty good introduction to what we're talking about here, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: I think that fits pretty well. It has been just an absolutely wild time, but that's what happens when Tay Anderson decides to become a victim again and again and again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean this is such a pattern of behavior, it's comical, it really is. I mean, he's one step away from becoming a slip and fall artist who just makes a living slipping and falling in a Walmart and then suing for just under the amount that Walmart will settle for, you know what I mean. Like, that's how he feels. He got run out of Denver. He got run out of Denver, and now he has taken up and taken up camp in Aurora.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, Mandy, what he has complained about slipping and fall type situations before in a target or being pushed by police.
Speaker 4: So actually, what.
Speaker 2: You're saying has literally happened before.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course it has. So what happened on Monday night, let's start there.
Speaker 2: Well, bottom line is Hey Anderson has been off the board for the Denver School District for a little over a year since with the end of November of twenty twenty three, and since then he has really leaned into his role as an activist and an agitator, and so for months and months he and other so called protesters have shown up at city council meetings in Aurora to protest things a variety of different matters, but particularly the death of Kylan Lewis, who was shot by police after he did not abide by commands. It's a really tragic story, but the guy was he was charged with attempted murder of a sixty three year old blind man leading up to his death. But they have treated the law enforcement as though they.
Speaker 4: Are guilty and responsible.
Speaker 2: And need to be held entirely accountable. So, needless to say, they've shown up and they have consistently derailed meetings, derailed town homes put on by city council members as.
Speaker 4: Well you name it time and time again.
Speaker 2: At the very end of the meeting on Monday, a guy who introduced himself as Ted d he spoke up and threw a ton of s bombs. Ted deathbomb counter is eight, because that's what you do when you're keeping classy in your speeds to wrap things up. And it was terrible, and clearly.
Speaker 5: That was sort of I think at least feels like the last draw for Kaufman, who I.
Speaker 2: Would surmise recognizes that this is tas doing. He's always trying to put people up for a show. And he went out there to after the meeting and confronted Tay and was yelling at him over the death of and lead up to the death of a seventeen year old kid a few years ago in Denver public schools who had shot two deans, a guy by the name of Austin Lyle and later took his own life. And he was like, you killed or you killed Austin Lyle because your policies kept police out of schools.
Speaker 6: And he's not wrong.
Speaker 1: You have to think that a if Austin Lyle knew that he was going to be padded down as he was every day by police officers. He probably would have thought twice about having a gun on his person when he knew there was going to be padded down.
Speaker 6: He obviously thought he was going.
Speaker 1: To be able to get away with it because it was two administrators and the entire situation is so avoidable. Tay Anderson is fully responsible for that. What's interesting about the whole thing you said about killing Lewis. John Killner presented that case to the grand jury, so the grand jury had an opportunity to indict those police officers, and they did not. Mister Lewis had a rap sheet of violence, and that at that point when police say turn around and show us your hands. When you put your hand in your pocket and then turn around, things are not going to end. Well. What's really gross, and that's the word I'm gonna use here, Jimmy, is that by continuing to use killing Lewis to forward his own media wore tendencies, Tay Anderson is not doing that family any favors. You know, he is just keeping the pain of that death going. He's picking the scab all the time for his own self aggrandizement and I just think that's gross.
Speaker 2: So what happened in the scene is that Kraffman approached to Anderson and the protesters were singing a takeoff of an old spiritual that they were using as a protest song basically, and Kaufman was yelling at Anderson and then showed up in front of Anderson, and that guy ted Dee jumped in front of him and said, what the eff are you doing? Who the f do you think you are? And Tay made this all like, oh my gosh, my life was in danger. I didn't know what that what was going to happen?
Speaker 6: And well what did they do?
Speaker 5: He was so dangerous that the group followed Kaufman out of the room as he went to with.
Speaker 2: The you know, Danielle Jarinsky city council woman put her arm around his back and kind of led Kaufman out of the room, and they, including Tay, followed him, continuing to sing as he went to the elevator, and a nearby police officer got in between them and walked up to the mayor. There was no physical contact from anybody, Tokay Anderson. There was no attack, There was nothing of the sort. And if it was so dangerous, why.
Speaker 4: Did they follow Kaufman to further antagonize them.
Speaker 2: And this goes to the point you were just making, because this is not about a grieving family and pain. It is about putting on another show, nothing more and nothing less.
Speaker 1: And that's what's so disgusting about it, It really is. Does he think he's going to run for office in Aurora? Is that what he's ginning up for now now that he's been I mean, let's just face it, he's been dismissed from Denver, right. He ended his school board career that was mired in controversy after he was found to be you know, creepily contacting teenage girls and making sexually aggressive passes while he was.
Speaker 6: On the school board, which is just disgusting.
Speaker 1: He then decided he was going to run for a house seat, and when it became clear that he stood no chance of winning that, he's now vacated and moved to Aurora. Do you think he's event Do you think he's ginning up for some kind of political move in Aurora? Or is he grifting successfully enough off of this community organizer business to pay the bills without gofundmeeds to you know, you know that he is famous for at.
Speaker 2: This point, and I think he likes being a professional activist. I see him if he's going to run for something, waiting a little bit in time. Maybe he'll see something in the next year or two.
Speaker 4: But teller me skeptical about that at this point.
Speaker 2: I think he's probably enjoying professional activism. But Mandy, you were hitting at something, which is his tenure on the school board. So much of it was really about and I covered this very closely for years, about distraction and making things about himself and being a disruption.
Speaker 4: And I'll just give you one example, because.
Speaker 2: I was there for a particular meeting where they were talking about whether or not I'm hearing public comment as well about whether or not to bring back school resource officers law enforcement to campuses, which Kay had took charge in Banning in twenty twenty. They ultimately did no, thanks to Anderson, who voted against it. But at this meeting they had the Chief of Police, Ron Thomas there and he was answering questions. But Michelle Quadobaum, one of Kay's colleagues on the board who's still on the board, she took eighteen minutes of that time, asked very few questions. Mostly was going on about racism of police and all this.
Speaker 5: And ultimately the school board president at the time, so she got Tan cut her mic and then Tay.
Speaker 2: Made a big fit about it and said, you know what, this.
Speaker 4: Is oppressive, that's oppressive. Why don't you Mike His mic was cut and he walked down to the staff and pointing his finger.
Speaker 2: Kind of like Mike Kaufman did today.
Speaker 5: The raveszeb come complying with the president of the school board.
Speaker 4: And this is a.
Speaker 2: Guy who after Monday is complaining about aggression and how Mike Koffman was treating him. And that's just one of many examples of Tay Anderson's antics, like that, it must.
Speaker 1: Be amazing to be Tay Anderson, who's not a small man, and he's beached up a little bit over the last few years. It must be terrifying to be him, to run around sure that at any moment the mayor of Aurora is gonna come after you and beat you up, and you're completely incapable while you're surrounded by supporters of defending yourself. He must live, I mean, he must just be afraid to leave his house alone.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess so, and I make the point that relax on, Tay guess what.
Speaker 4: It's probably not the case of the sixty.
Speaker 2: Nine year old mayor is going to go mortal combat on you.
Speaker 5: I could be wrong, but it is a probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: But that's where I get to my.
Speaker 2: Line in the piece that taking Kay Anderson seriously is like debating a dad joke.
Speaker 4: It's pointless, over the top.
Speaker 2: And guaranteed to make you grow.
Speaker 4: And I think that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, amen to that.
Speaker 1: We are not even getting to the best part of this whole story, and that is Mayor Mike Coffin cracked back yesterday on Facebook and basically he said, Tay sit down and shut up. I mean, he called him out six ways to Sunday. It was a thing of beauty to see someone not cower to Tay Anderson's threats of I'm gonna call you a racist, I'm gonna accuse you of racism, because Mike Coffin was basically like, you know what, shut up, you got nothing for you and Aurora and we really don't.
Speaker 6: Need to hear anything more.
Speaker 1: And I've never felt more proud of Mayor Coffin in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, oh me too.
Speaker 2: I read that and I was like, very good, and I went and shared it on multiple platforms. I'm look at it this way. I have known Kaufinan since I was sixteen and he was running for Secretary of State. And if he gets in a way where he's fired up passionately like this, like he was on Monday, and then in his follow up, you know that he's got something very specific in mind that has brought him to that point. Because he's a very even keeled, level headed kind of guy. And there are some people on the right who've given him this reputation that he's some kind of rhino who's.
Speaker 4: Love me no, But this is a guy who's.
Speaker 2: Just he's very shrewd, he's very shabby when he picks his battles, and if he's going to bring a fight like this to Tay Anderson, he's gonna give it as all.
Speaker 4: And I guess that's what happens.
Speaker 2: When you were a career military officer in both the Army and the Marines, and then you get in a position like mayor of Aurora.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, my friend. One of the things I like about my confident one of the reasons that people do say things like he's a rhino, he knows who his constituents are.
Speaker 6: He's not serving himself.
Speaker 1: He is serving the people of Aurora, and sometimes that comes into conflict with people who are very, very conservative or may have a different viewpoint. But he doesn't serve you unless you live at Aurora. So, Jimmy, I don't know if you saw.
Speaker 6: This, did you? It's a totally out of left field.
Speaker 1: Did you see that the Florida jury found CNN to famed the US Navy veteran.
Speaker 2: I saw the headlined that didn't get to read anything remarkable. The come up is for these legacy TV media outlets.
Speaker 1: Well, the jury only awarded him five million dollars in compensatory damages. An undisclosed settlement was reached later Friday regarding punitive damages. Details of that settlement not immediately available. Jimmy Segenberger, keep doing what you're doing. You're writing these great columns in the Denver Gazette, and you will be heard here on Monday. You're filling in for Ross for inauguration Day, so you're going to kind of be with people as they do the oath and all that good stuff. So tune in on Monday to here, Jimmy and Jimmy, I'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 2: It'll be great. Stay warm, have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: You too, my friend, you too. So this story CNN.
Speaker 1: I cannot tell you how much I love the fact that CNN lost this case.
Speaker 6: I just I cannot. I love it. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: I heard Ross talking earlier about the fact that Rudy Giuliani has now settled with the women that he defamed and he's going to be give them some amount of money. But he could never pay the one hundred and fifty million dollar judgment. He just doesn't have the money. And he's like eighty years old, and he's ruined his legal career, so he's pretty much left with what he's got.
Speaker 6: But I guess they figured that out.
Speaker 1: And Ros said, I almost feel sorry for him.
Speaker 6: I do not. And here's why.
Speaker 1: When an attorney who knows the law better than your average bear does.
Speaker 6: Something so blatantly.
Speaker 1: Stupid as to disparage people without evidence in a public forum, he gets what he deserves.
Speaker 6: And he knew the law.
Speaker 1: You know, my dad always used to say, ignorance of the law has no.
Speaker 6: Excuse, and he's right.
Speaker 1: You can't say, oh, I didn't know that was against the law. If you break the law. You could just pretend I didn't know robbing a bank was against the law.
Speaker 6: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: And in this case, I feel no sympathy for Rudy Giuliani because he's a freaking attorney. If I, as a talk show host, know what defamation is, surely an attorney he knows what defamation is and he did it anyway.
Speaker 6: So yeah, sorry about your look.
Speaker 1: It's really sad to see how Rudy Juliana has fallen from his days, as you know, America's mayor in New York City, when he took a cesspool of New York City and turned it around in a way that was shocking at the time, and it still remains in great shape because of Rudy Giuliani. And now he's just absolutely destroyed his own legacy by becoming just a blatant sycophant for for Donald Trump. You know, I get loyalty, but but don't lie on behalf of someone else when you know better. So now he's having to pay the piper on that one. Ryan Edwards has joined us in the studio today.
Speaker 6: Hello. Ryan Edwards. Hello, it's good to see you.
Speaker 1: Good to be seen on this Friday yeah, stormy, did you say okay?
Speaker 6: So it was very interesting. Where are offices in the tech center.
Speaker 1: We have a wall of windows on the south side, wall of windows on the north side. You could see winter in. I was like a winter is coming, It's coming and you can see it. Or we're about to get dipped into a Stephen King Nobble. One of those two things is about to happen.
Speaker 6: What uh my wife warned me.
Speaker 7: If I said winter is coming one more time, high five, I'm saying help.
Speaker 1: If your wife is on the outside of this.
Speaker 7: This situation, you said waters coming one more time.
Speaker 6: You couldn't help it.
Speaker 7: You look outside, you like I said, you have to right there.
Speaker 6: You literally are watching it. Smart south in the Denver.
Speaker 7: Metrics area, the clouds rolled in, felt the temperature drop, and.
Speaker 6: I brought my parka with me. I am so tired of being cold.
Speaker 1: It hasn't even been cold this winter, and I'm so tired of being cold.
Speaker 7: But it's been consistently cold for so many days in a row. Like we had a reprieve the last two days yesterday, glorious, glorious, coorious, right, But I mean up until then, we had like the entire month of December felt like sub freezing temperatures quite literally every day, and it does get a little old.
Speaker 6: It was actual pretty bomby in December. Yeah it was mommy. Just last week it got cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was Bommy because he didn't really feel like I feel like Chris. It might have felt like it was the last week of the playoffs, like before we got menced out. Now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind.
Speaker 6: World of the day.
Speaker 1: All Right, what is our dad joke of the day? Dad joke of the day. Why can't leopards play hide and seek?
Speaker 6: They're easily spotted, They're always spotted? Yeh boom, Yes, there you go.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: What is our word of the day? Please? The word of the day to day is a pretty easy one. Apprehension.
Speaker 1: Oh, Apprehension means fear, concern about something coming up, dread yep.
Speaker 8: Their exact definition here is the fear that something bad or unpleasant is going to.
Speaker 1: Happen when winter comes. I apprehend about winter coming.
Speaker 6: You just you just let fly with me.
Speaker 1: Ryan, You're in a safe space here, Okay, I'm right here with you. Today's trivia question, what was the first non coffee product to be.
Speaker 6: Sold at Starbucks. Oh wow, I mean non.
Speaker 1: Coff non coffee. Is that like one of their like poundcake? Wasn't it like the.
Speaker 7: Something like a like a fruity drink like Bend drinks. He drinks those dragon fruit things.
Speaker 1: We are so wrong? Do you want to take a shot, Zach? I was going to guess like an egg sandwich.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: The board game Cranium, which also has the distinction of being the first game to be sold on Amazon and at Barns and Noble. Wow, I make you take a picture of my board games in my basement and bring it to you.
Speaker 7: I think you would admire it. It's pretty impressive. I get this reputation, like I don't like board games.
Speaker 1: Just like Monopoly, which is the worst game ever. Monopoly Another thing? Right, Ryan and I are like brother. He's like my brother from another mother. It's fine.
Speaker 6: What's your jepardy category?
Speaker 8: The search for foreign lands? The answer will be hidden.
Speaker 6: I guess into each of the the question names. It's also you know, you'll see it said. It's not that difficult.
Speaker 8: Him located in Lima. This country's Biblioteca National is a great place.
Speaker 6: What is Peru?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Peru.
Speaker 1: Scotcha, see what's going on there?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 8: After gaining its independence in nineteen sixty three, Jomo Kenyata became this African country's first prime minister after gaining its independence in nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 6: Jomo Kenyata many, What is Kenya?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Kenyatada?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: God, Okay, let's just like work really hard on this.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 1: You can smell the smoke in the studio right now is Ryan and I are both trying to figure this out.
Speaker 8: A popular sport for scuba diving, the Bay of Pigs is located on this What is Cuba?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 6: It's correct? That switch the music fume.
Speaker 8: One of this country's ten most populous cities is a sister city of Columbus, Indiana.
Speaker 6: Which city spell it pwn p u n e. One of this country's ten most.
Speaker 8: Populous cities is a sister city of Columbus, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know way to pick a category.
Speaker 6: Zach, I thought I thought it would be good. India is the answer? Oh yeah, yeah, got that.
Speaker 8: Right, synonymous the far away place. The much maligned city of timbuck To is located in this West African nation.
Speaker 6: The much maligned city. I'm struggling. That's corrected. When they throw in maligned, that's gonna be right there. Alright, Well, that was a trade wreck of a category.
Speaker 1: What's coming up on your what's your what's your what's what you got coming up on K sports?
Speaker 6: We have so much fun.
Speaker 7: We have Orlando Franklin studio, le Bronco's offensive lineman, so he'll be here for the three hours.
Speaker 6: We'll obviously get into the games this weekend.
Speaker 7: And the Broncos fired their special teams coordinator, so we'll talk about that.
Speaker 6: Did not see that coming.
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't great on special teams not you know, special teams is changing though because of the new rules. Yes, I feel like it's going to be not a whole new ballgame, but it's definitely changed. I don't I get why they change the rules. But from a fan perspective.
Speaker 6: I do not love it. I've tried to like it. Yeah, it's about safety, I get it.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 7: I think that they're trying to tweak it. I mean, and I think they're going to continue to look at it. But yeah, we'll get into it. Because I think on surface, it's a bit surprising, but then when you sort of dig into it actually makes you love sense.
Speaker 1: All right, that's all coming up. Keep it right here. I'll be back on Monday, but i'll be back from Puerto Rico. Coming up next.
Speaker 6: Skaway Sports