Speaker 1: The other day, my son challenged the validity of the existence of Helen Keller.
Speaker 2: Wit at whin I'll show you gone ruin in except me pursuing it tumbled out Shawn Shame through the sewer.
Speaker 3: Did now what chilling that day?
Speaker 4: Eagle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing it. Bring your clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a gop That is how it started. Kidting Crattit shows that enough multiply like a rabbit. Tune in, so out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 5: I hang out with my friend Rocket on the radio.
Speaker 3: My whole girl only Boyskinn talking on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's time to to this walls again.
Speaker 3: All we go, KT, Christine up and.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Happy Friday everybody. It is the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. All hands are on deck end Studio today. I'm Ben Rogers, joined by Jeff skin Wade. Hello friends, Kevin, KT Turner, good afternoon, and Christina little baby corn bread k Ray Ray Ray Ray Hei. We're here today to do this presentation and it's going to be a lot of fun. We got the Ben and Skin wayback machine. We'll hear from the Fighting McMahon's. We got a great today game. We've got a very special guest whose house got broken into. This dude found a naked dude in his bed. We'll have a little sports for you. We'll talk stars. Jake de Gram, We've got a dangerous massage therapist story. We've got lots of good stuff coming your way. Don't go anywhere things. Skin is tracking coming up here, and just about ten or twelve minute, Skin, what do you want to tease for that?
Speaker 3: We're going to take a look at the he that this city has been waiting for. Okay, we're Scott.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking if I had to guess, anybody want to guess who that hero could be? I mean it could be Cooper Flag. He is Skin Mayor Eric Johnson could be Mayork Johnson. Skin's a huge fan of his love when he sits court side. By the way, Christina, your band is performing this weekend. I would like to promote that several times on the presentage. Christina is in an incredible Nirvana cover band. They are just exceptional. They're called Oatmeal Pizza And you guys are performing on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Correct, Yes, thank you, Ben Sunday At Wildflower Festival. We were starting the thing off basically, so we're starting at twelve. I forget what the stage is called. Credit Union Stage, credit Union Stage, twelve o'clock. We'll be there.
Speaker 3: Can't miss it. Go buy a three day pass. It's a wonderful music FASTI The lineup is awesome. Texas gentlemen playing two on Sunday. Oh cool, love those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell, yes, all right, so go check out Christina and Oatmeal Pizza on Sunday and Richardson. Last night was really cool. We did a little yacht rock thing. Skin did yacht rock trivia, and man, he was humming fastballs like it was in depth trivia, and there was people in the house who could hit fastballs, and so it was really cool to see the dynamic. Some stuff like I probably could have answered maybe one question the whole night, which was the day Lossul question.
Speaker 3: Probably well.
Speaker 1: I did get the Magnolia question too, Yes, I got that. So there's a couple that I got, so even a guy like me. But every song that came on, I was like, man, I love this song. This is a great song. But what made it extra special was the great Mike Reiner was there. Wow, we don't even have a job, Yes, we don't even have a job in radio if he hadn't started the ticket. And then of course we got to work with him here with the Freak, which was an incredible honor. And the guy is just a legend. He's a living legend. And he took the trouble of going all the way out to Salina to join us for yacht rock Trivia and at the you know, we did it game show or skin did it games like game show style like we sometimes do on the show, where there was two rounds of just trivia and people had point totals and then the final round was a wager. Yeah, basically you had to build up a point total and then you I would give you a clue like Final Jeopardy, here's what the question is going to be. You had to wager your total before you knew what the question was. The thing that was badass is if if you had an old dude on your team, you were in good shape. There was one team I didn't know these people. They were called the Recess Rejects, and they were leading the entire way and it was neck and neck with them in the Old Gray Wolf and then going into the final round, the Old Gray Wolf had eclipsed them by one point. And then there was one other team that was just lurking in the back and they had they came on strong, and then it all came down to the wager and Ryner heard the category and was not comfortable with it. He didn't wager a single dollar. And someone came from the middle of the pack and came all the way up at the end and won.
Speaker 3: What was the final yacht rock category?
Speaker 1: I played dream Weaver by Gary Wright, and I said, what nineteen ninety two comedy film was This song featured in Wayne's World?
Speaker 3: Right, Wayne's World?
Speaker 1: And Ryan was like, just didn't feel good about that category?
Speaker 3: So awesome, but he basically for the trivia portion he won, he.
Speaker 1: Could any more of the recessed rejects were neck and down and they I mean, they get they were good. They were getting stuffed. I was like, damn, you're getting this all right. And then it's a really cool couple. The Sanchez is that they come out top of mer all the time, and they were they were halfway. They in fact, their score was half of what Reiner had going into the final round, and they beat everything and won.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Daniels an all in type of guy. He is.
Speaker 1: His wife showed up and started carrying him right because because she was answered, because he wasn't doing very well initially. She was the one that knew the name of the band was Ambrosia, not him. But it was just a great night and it's fun to watch that. Like there's an entire subculture of people who just enjoy the aspect of a good trivia event. Yeah, yeah, that's trivia nights are fun. And in the case of this, like you know, some people will just go do music bingo where you play a song, you put on a bingo card. I like doing this because you get the joy of hearing the music, but then the trivia mixed in and it becomes a fun interactive thing. I felt like, I mean, people were going, what are y'all doing this again? It's like next year, But dude, KT, you're great at music trivia.
Speaker 3: Come on, we've done it before.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of request to get a KT music trivia back at the Bird.
Speaker 3: You're ready in late June.
Speaker 6: We should do like a two thousands trivia KT.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Oh, Christina's in. I would also I was thinking this last night. We want to do a nineties event in the middle of the summer nineties music trivia'd be great.
Speaker 3: I'd love to do that. Let's go. Sorry, guy who's promoting Sugar Ray Saturday? All right?
Speaker 1: So I got here to the studio and we're getting ready to start doing the show, and I got an email from my wife and I was like, Okay, this is an important email.
Speaker 3: Let me go to what.
Speaker 1: She knows I'm here, so she knows I'm working. And so you know, if your family member reaches out to you in that window where you're working, you know it's something important.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: So I go to the email and I'm like, okay, it's from my wife, Katrina Rogers, and it says regarding two photographs nineteen eighty nine Katrina Rogers. Oh, it says, yes, they're likely to bring back some old memories, but I still wanted to show you one of these images.
Speaker 3: And then there's a link.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better not click that thing, and it says, what do you call a beehive without an exit? Unbelievable? And so I sent it to her and I was like, what is this. I'm assuming this isn't you. She goes that's not me. And if you look at the email, even though it shows up in my inbox under my wife's name, the email is like six two six zero one one one seven at QMI eight dot AC dot T.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: H yeah, yeah, And I'm like, bro, they're targeting you, They're targeting me anyway. So don't ever click anything ever that anybody sends you ever for any reason. Don't ever click a link. And I didn't grateful that I didn't Skin. Where we're going to go and things Skin is tracking. Let's talk about the hero this city deserves and we'll do it next. Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Hey, let's give away tickets mud Veins coming in October and they're gonna be Southside Ballroom where Jack White just had a very triumphant show, very cool venue. So we're gonna give away the tickets with the iHeart app first person using the talkback feature with your name, your number, and your email address and the answer to the question. Ben just got a very questionable email before the show started. Who did that email come from? We just told you like six minutes ago. If you know the answer, and then you can leave your name, your phone number, and your email address, and you're the one. You're gonna win those mud vein tickets. Good luck every body. The joke swap on SNL is always a big deal. It's coming up this weekend. KT will take us through the history of that at the bottom of the hour. But right now it's time for this track.
Speaker 3: Another edition of things is traffic All right.
Speaker 1: Tonight is the debut of Page Beckers. Are y'all still hearing people call her Bukers?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just hear people say Page Buckets. Okay, that makes it easy. I just call her Page Yep. At the Stars give to that night. It's like, hey, look it's Page Yeah. I mean you feel like you know her now. Yeah. She is obviously a big deal And the timing of this for her is great because Caitlin Clark set the world on fire a year ago, and so the desire and the appetite for WNBA stars is high.
Speaker 3: And you know, it's like the same way.
Speaker 1: Remember in golf, every two years someone proclaimed someone was the next Tiger Woods and they lived up to it, but it just created all this interest and then you had, oh man, David Duvall's really good and then he's good for two years and disappears. My whole point is that the appetite for someone else to be as badass as Tiger was huge because people love that stuff. So Paige Beckers is in a really good position because you know, she had some injuries in college, or she would have been neck and neck with Caitlyn Clark. Oh really, yeah, she had two I think two knee injuries. She missed two full seasons. But skill wise, if she's healthy, she's that talented, She's on that level. I'm just saying it would have been a bigger debate. Okay, Page is a point guard? Are they both the Kaitlyn Clark's just like a straight gunner point guard, like a scoring point guard. Page Beckers is like a bigger facilitator type, right, kind of like a wing facilitator type.
Speaker 3: Oh wing.
Speaker 1: I thought she was like a magical point guard like Wheeland deal, but like a bigger guard. Oh she's bigger than Yeah, she's probably what does she listened to a katd ever height? Let's find out she's got good size to She's not like she's taller than Kaitlyn Clark.
Speaker 3: Really Okay, Hey, maybe I'm wrong that would be a shock to me.
Speaker 1: She's six How tall is Kaitlin Clark six feet tall? Okay, they're the same height thing. But anyways, So she's making her debut tonight, regular season debut. I got a couple things for you, and I thought we would do this Price is Right, game style, and if you know this, you're gonna kick ass.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 3: I'll start with you.
Speaker 1: How many Instagram followers does page Buckets have. I'm gonna say one million Tizzle, seven hundred and fifty thousand, Christina one Ben wins. She has two and a half million Instagram followers.
Speaker 6: Good for her, I'm going to follow her.
Speaker 1: How many TikTok followers does she have? Prices Right Style?
Speaker 7: Ben?
Speaker 3: All right, Uh, I'll.
Speaker 1: Say tiktoks even more. I'll say she's got three million Tizzle. I'll say five million, one Ben wins again, she has three point seven million TikTok followers.
Speaker 3: Sam ben'sman stucking her account? Yeah, all right?
Speaker 1: What was her nil valuation last year at Yukon? Wow, that's not even what they're paying her. That's just what she means to the well, you know, and shea in college. In other words, what she was able to get for Enforce. What she got not what she was worth? Yeah, okay, shoot, I'll say she got one point five million dollars.
Speaker 3: Tizzel two point five million dollars.
Speaker 6: Let's just go one hundred k.
Speaker 1: She had one point four million. So Christina wins. But then was clearly the closest. Did you guys see who she was named creative creative director for?
Speaker 3: What company? Was she just named creative director for? Really? Yep? This was just announced two days ago. It's not Gatorade.
Speaker 1: Does she have like a shoot? Is it like New Balance or something? I'm just gonna leave it at that. What company was she named? She is the first ever athlete creative director for this company?
Speaker 3: Dickie's either a barbecue or the clothes?
Speaker 1: Is that what she does? She's like, that's her skill set. Also, I don't know, okayivney skills. So what would it be like? What athletices? Some sort of athletic wear under armour.
Speaker 6: That be it's the first athlete to endure.
Speaker 1: The company says, so and so has named w NBA star Paige Becker's as its first ever athlete creative director.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: You know, and Ben's talking about this idea like Kyrie Irving is the creative director for his Ky Sneaker thing. Loew's that's good, Hillstar Farm, that's bad ass, Singular Development Group. That's that's a big gift Bridge Farm. For door Dash, they posted a picture of her wearing a robe, laying on a bed surrounded by food.
Speaker 3: So what is she the second biggest star in the w NBA. She's in the top five? Is Angel Rees?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Asia Thomas? Yeah, actually Cameron Brink. It's kind of like I know these people and I don't even watch it. Yeah, we'll see what happens a year from now. Yeah, but just the hype for her right now is through the roof. And part of that is because of Caitlin Clark and Angel reeson their deal last year, and so they set the stage. They start tonight against the Links, and I think we're gonna see pagebackers frickin everywhere. Wow, that's exciting. Yeah, that's right, man. I can't forget My daughter is a young point guard. She's fourteen or she loves basketball, maybe call her guard, but I don't know if it's gonna last because she doesn't love watching basketball. Like that's odd to me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, because the passion of basketball comes from playing pick up all the time and watching the game. I need her to get into watching it because I think she would love page buckets.
Speaker 3: All Right, there you have it.
Speaker 1: Things Skin is tracking coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle. The final SNL joke swap potentially on weekend Update is potentially maybe this weekend we revisit it all next. Hot Gods, every stay on the top in the woods Shove.
Speaker 3: I am very excited for Saturday Night It's the season finale of Saturday Night Live. Your host is Scarlett Johansson. Your musical guest, Bad Bunny. Scarlett Johansson is the wife of Colin Jost. Colin Jost began his tenure at SNL in two thousand and five as a rider. Took over on a weekend update in twenty fourteen after Seth Meyers left, So he's been there for over ten years doing weekend Update. They brought in Michael Jay and twenty fourteen as well. And those guys have been doing it for a long time now. And here's Saturday Night Live. The story starting Night Live is you stay and then you go, and you let the young ones come come on and have their time, and there are no announcements yet. There will probably be some tomorrow afternoon during the day Saturday an hour. They will keep it quiet, but usually it leaks out Saturday afternoon. It certainly feels like this will be Colin Jost's last episode. It might be Michael Chase too. He's been joking about it forever, but I think that's just kind of his bit because they have in the last two episodes, let Colin Jost appear in regular sketch and then his wife is hosting, So it just kind of feels like this is the end. Yeah. And one of the great bits that they've done for many years is something called the joke Swap, where they write jokes for each other that they've never seen before and they read it straight off the Q cards. A black guy writing jokes for a white guy and a white guy writing jokes for a black guys. Often how it ends up. That's not always the premise, but sometimes it is that. But I wanted to take you back to get primed for this just kind of look at where it began as kind of some harmless fun and how it's gotten just so insane and way edgier over the last few years. So here's twenty nineteen.
Speaker 9: Just an example, a student in Texas who was nicknamed White Lightning set a high school record by running one hundred meter dash in nine point nine eight seconds. Coincidentally, people call me white Lightning because I also finish an undert.
Speaker 3: We're good fun, we're having a good time. Yeah. Now, when they came up with this idea, it was Colin's idea. He actually went easier and like Michael jav was like, if we're doing this, we're doing this, And he didn't realize that Michael j was going to go so hard in the early going. So Michael j went at him pretty good early on. Let's go to twenty twenty.
Speaker 10: Now, the Palm Beach mentioned once owned by Jeffrey Epstein, will soon be demolished. And I'm honestly shocked that they would demolish a place.
Speaker 3: Where I have so many fun memories. So good, so good. I mean, that's not that different than what Kendrick Lamar did to Drake. It's really not that different. So one trick that you should know, it's like they have you know, a dress rehearsal soray not live where they do it. It would be you know, like eight o'clock Central time, only Central time eight o'clock, and they do it, and I've learned what they do with the dress rehearsal. It's completely different in the live show, so they really are reading it for the first time and don't know where it's gonna go. Just kind of move ahead to twenty twenty two.
Speaker 9: New York State now allows movie theaters to serve alcohol, which is how I'm finally able to enjoy my wife's little art movie.
Speaker 3: First instance of Michael bringing scarlet into the picture, which you know, had just never been they'd never touched that territory yet. I'm gonna fast forward ahead to the first one, so sort of in the season forty nine finale, so this would have been May of twenty twenty four. Okay.
Speaker 10: Multiple women have posted videos on TikTok planmen that while walking the streets of New York they were randomly punched by men.
Speaker 7: Well then, damn get the hell out of my weight, bitch. And speaking of bitches, I want to call out the biggest bitch of ball, Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 3: What should I say?
Speaker 7: Little is your war with Drake maybe over, but your war with Michael Cha'.
Speaker 3: Is just beginning. That was pretty well done.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't like that, So I want to get your really set up because what they did at Christmas time last year, the last one was really good.
Speaker 3: Both of them got some good barbs in and I think it'll be a great setup for what could be happening tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: And we'll do that next on ninety seven one The Eagle and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. I'm really looking forward to four point thirty Today. We're gonna have on Michael Duarte. We had his story yesterday. He's the sports reporter for NBC LA and he had a crazy thing where a homeless dude on drugs broke into his house, ransacked everything, killed a possum with a statue, and then laid down neked in his bed.
Speaker 3: It's too crazy to believe.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna actually have him on the show and see if we can get information out of him about how all this went down. So do not miss that coming up at four thirty. But Kat just set us up on the history of the joke swap between Michael Shay and Colin Joe's. There's rumors that this will be their last one. On Saturday Night, right, Kat, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Rumor for sure, Colin Michael a little more up in the air, but they're run together. Is likely over after tomorrow night. And it's interesting because you have Scarlett Johanson there as the host of the show. Now for Christmas, Scarlett was there because she did a little cameo and then she was in the lobby and they put a camera on her while some of these jokes were happening. So we gave you the last five or six years, but here's what happened at Christmas to get you ready for what could they have to try to top this? Tomorrow night? Is my point.
Speaker 9: Michael is going to make me tell some racist jokes like he always does, so this time, if you don't mind, I'd like to read all the jokes in black voice.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't mind. Do what you gotta do, man, I don't know what black voice is.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: My girl Kalma.
Speaker 9: Harris all the town hall talking about she still supports the idea of slavery reparations. Well, damn girl, me too, because the white people deserve our money back for all those slates.
Speaker 3: That ran away. Oh my god, sh is creaty mofos Wow, I had no idea. That's what just what black voice was. That's a great bits.
Speaker 6: There was black voice, man, But go ahead.
Speaker 10: A new study finds that women are more likely to have an orgasm if they are in touch with their body signals such as heart rate and breathing, as opposed to the women I have sex with who just.
Speaker 3: Hold their breath. God Jesus man, pretty crazy, all right.
Speaker 9: I want to dedicate this next joke to my booz Scarlett Joann Hey boo. Y'all know Scarlet just celebrated her fortieth birthday, which means I'm about to get up out of there.
Speaker 3: It's more no, no, I'm just slaying.
Speaker 9: We just had a kid together, and y'all ain't seen no pictures of him yet because he blackens down.
Speaker 3: Is I hate a.
Speaker 11: Friend of.
Speaker 3: It's like, dude, you don't have to do it. You don't have to do this, okay.
Speaker 12: Uh Back to Michael, Lana Tu continues to set records at the box office because like me and cut of, my good friend Jeffrey Epstein's used to say, there's nothing like an island adventure with a teenage girl.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: I would never ever sleep with a girl as dark as Mawama.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, before we go, I would be remissif I didn't address the allegations about jay Z.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: So here it is. Jay Z is innocent.
Speaker 7: Don't even have those parties, and I know because I was. And then if you're listening with that moore to life charges against you, I'll say the same thing I always said at your.
Speaker 3: Parties, I will help hit you all. Oh fantastic, now, damn. I mean a lot of people think that Mike. There's one more. A lot of people think that Michael wins every time. On this one. I actually think Colin did. Michael grew up in New York, huge jay Z fan, like one of your heroes, and you gotta talk about the allegations against him. Yeah, but here's how it ended, and it's got you know. The camera would cut to Scarlett, who was in the lobby, and she was like, oh my god, So here we go.
Speaker 9: So has removed the roast beef sandwich from its menu. But I ain't tripping. I'll be eating roast beef every night, says.
Speaker 3: What you fed the kid?
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm just playing baby, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't go down y. I can't believe they day so like they were like contact. I think Seth Myers was saying this like he had text her like, hey, how you feeling about that? It's like Tuesday after it, and Colin is like, my heart's still pounding. Like they hate. I think they kind of hate doing this, uh huh, because you kind of have to top it each time too, otherwise you're just spinning the wheels. I have no idea what's gonna happen, but a lot of people think this would be a good way for them to go out as well they announce that they're not coming back, or who would take over. Well, Michael Longfellow would be my pick, and he's not in a lot of sketches, but he's very dry and I think he could be a norm McDonald's start man. I think they would probably bring in someone else. Uh, you know they're gonna They're gonna replace the guys. Could be the end for Heidi Gardner, could be the in for mikey Day.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 3: Heidie Gardner's everywhere too. She's been there seven years and that's usually the lifespan. So I'm looking forward so tomorrow night, but also a little sad. Yep, all right, there you have it.
Speaker 1: There's the Hollywood Shuffle, a whole thirty minutes worth coming up. Next the news quickie, a dangerous massage therapist story will go around the sports. And then we got a guy joining a special guest whose house was broken into. He found a naked dude in his bed. All that's coming your way next on the Ben and Skin Show, on a Happy Friday edition of our presentation.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this, give me that news quickie. All right, So story here that's a little shocking. Usually when you hear stories of some type of massage therapist situation, you know, you usually five guys getting busted because a woman. There were five guys went to a you know, a place, but it's a woman giving the massage. In this case, we have a man giving massage to five guys massage parlor in Florida. Of course, of course, here's the news.
Speaker 14: Five men have come forward to file complaints as the Windsor Park massage business owner, accusing him of sexually assaulting them. Greg Fox talks with one of the men, who describes Gutierrez as a predator.
Speaker 3: We want to warn you some of what you're about to hear. Is graphic. Always hate to get the warning. Oh, but it makes you lean in. Yeah, it also makes me check to see are there any kids around? Then I buckle my seat belt twice, put on my helmet. This could get dangerous. Is this corn church by the way, this report? Yeah, one hundred percent. Does he sound like a guy who's done a lot of They all sound a little bit. Is this the smallest market in the world. Now it's at Florida, that's huge.
Speaker 15: He tried to make it like it was my fault. He said, why didn't you tell me to stop? Is that I did this?
Speaker 11: Man identifying only as JF alleged that licensed massage therapist Ronel Gutierra's Galvis sexually assaulted him while he was inside the business that Gutiera's owns. He says, at no time did he invite sexual contact, alleged details of which are too graphic to share.
Speaker 15: And then after he stopped that, I noticed his clothes are on the floor. Now, after his closers are on the floor, he got up on top of me. Oh, completely laying on me. Nick Well, I started trying to massage my friend my groin area, and I told him stop.
Speaker 3: I said, please, stop. J Okay, Okay, that's scary. There's more. But I'm like to say, just Christina, I hate to take you out of this. I'm going to have to take you out of this for a minute. It's sex ben skin Kevin. If you are getting a massage and the guy starts playing with your dinghy a little bit, you're not going please stop. No, you're going faster and at that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: For me, you identify that it's a very serious situation.
Speaker 3: There's no way there's going to be happy ending to the story. What about the moment you look over and see that he's disrobed. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody's different. I don't understand how a fight didn't happen immediately. No, it doesn't seem. It seems to me that the very first instance where this person Gutiers or whatever his name is, crosses the line, that's an immediate out. Yeah that's not well, let's just I'm sure he'll rein it back in and the massage will rectify itself rectify.
Speaker 3: Way, do you hear how apologetic he is, because there's gonna be some text messages that you'll get in the second Okay, af says he grabbed his clothes and left of business.
Speaker 11: He's one of five men, according to their attorneys, to claim Gutieras sexually assaulted them. He's already been charged with sexual battery on a man we're identifying as BF.
Speaker 3: A really horrible thing that happened.
Speaker 11: After that man came forward and filed a criminal complaint with Winter Park police. He worked with a detective to contact Gutiera's Galvus on his personal cell phone, and that conversation was recorded. BF said, you were touching me inappropriately. Why Gutiera's Well, it was a stupid thing to do, BF. It made me feel really uncomfortable. Goodieras. This is something that never happened before, So I apologize for that.
Speaker 3: BF.
Speaker 11: What made you think you could take my underwear off and touch me inappropriately?
Speaker 3: Goodhieras. Yeah, I can't explain this. I feel bad.
Speaker 6: I don't think someone like this job kids underwear off. If a guy's taking your underwear off, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: You're just sitting there taking it. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, a few seconds ago you took my underwear off, but now realize I have a problem with that.
Speaker 3: Can we talk this through.
Speaker 6: And also, how many people text their massage therapists.
Speaker 1: I feel I feel like the very next Texas has gone all right, fine, I'll see you Thursday. Yeah, Like I don't I don't understand. These are the most passive men ever. Like the second you've been even remotely violated, you're going no way oho or kicking him in the face or whatever, Like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: It takes a lot in these scenarios to kind of take the side of the massager. But I'm sitting here going to these guys kind of out to get this guy like single messed up. Now the guy clearly, if they are to be believed, has done something wrong. But aren't they put in more of a fight? But is it?
Speaker 1: This just like the deal in Florida where the guy was like doing all these foot oh the realtors, Like right, he was holding my foot for ten minutes, and I was like.
Speaker 6: Hey, man, kind of weird.
Speaker 1: What are you doing right now that you've been doing for the last ten minutes? Maybe in minute seven you'd object what's happening in Florida?
Speaker 3: A lot of weird stuff. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Here's it's crazy, all right, good stuff, Kevin, Thank you very much Coming up next, the Stars lose to Gram shoves and everything else you need to know about sports. That's coming up in just over three minutes, so don't go anywhere. Coming up here shortly, we're gonna talk to Michael Duarte. He's the NBCLA reporter who had a homeless man ransack his house, go in his bedroom, laying his bed, neked after killing a possum with a statue. We have to get more details. Stick around for that, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Now it's around the sports KT quints as all the sport Ye, it's playoff time. More on that in a minute. Yeah that I'm actually going to lead with the Rangers because I think they deserve it right now. The six straight wins last night one nothing. They beat Houston. Jacob de Grom versus Hunter Brown, two very good pitchers, clearly. Jacob deGrom goes eight innings. The Rangers steal a run on a Jake Berger better home run in the right field after they send him down to Triple A for like a week. He's kind of starting to hit now and it's kind of fun right now. Jacob de Grom's awesome, just so hot, So that was good. You mean hot. You're saying he's an attractor, guys. Hear's growing out kind kind of looking like a hot guy yesterday too. It is crazy that.
Speaker 1: They won the World Series without him because probably your second best player to Corey Seeger in.
Speaker 3: Terms of getting paid for sure. I mean he is when he's on.
Speaker 1: Like we saw we saw in spring training that he was doing a bullpen session and there was like six pitchers from another team just watching him like fanboys, like that's how good he is. He is arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball. He's at least in the discussion, and they have him. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: One of the best of his generation for show or his time. But that was nuts because they were like, okay, they're still trying to be easy on him, and they ran him out for the eighth inning. And the Rangers keep in minding two closers or two they're two of their their eighth inning and ninth in guy Chris Martin and Luke Jackson unavailable can't pitch because they got hit the other night, got a hit that hurts. At the game I was at, it was very strange. They got hit so physically or they got hit. Yeah, yeah, hit like the ball hit them yeah, the and then so Sean Armstrong comes in and just lights out shuts him down. Game over in two hours. Wonderful. Both guys got hit by balls and injured. Okay, Luke Jackson got drilled on the hand by one hundred and eleven miles per hour pitch his first pitch after he made them turn the lights off at the arena and play like a prayer. It was just like the strangest thing I've ever seen. It was, what's happening? No one knows who you are. Luke, get some saves first, come back to me, then choose your intro. So wait, they he did performance art. It's not even the actual version of like a prayer, the choral version.
Speaker 1: What's that like? It's like a a choir, like a choir. So it wasn't a Madonna version.
Speaker 3: Well it comes into that at the end, but it's a choir at first. Okay, so some remix, Yeah, yeah, it's insane. It's actually how it's how the song starts. Okay, So it's but this is long and it is a remix. Okay, but it might have been. I don't know when this was updated. Or whatever. Yeah, and they're telling everyone on the jumbo tron as they turned the lights off, you know, to get your phone lights out, And I'm watching people do it, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: This is as he's coming out of the bult. Yes, yeah, what is going on? Is not the lead story in all the world.
Speaker 3: No, no, we did it. It's crazy. It's crazy. Uh the Nuggets, No, no, no, no, no, they're not doing that yet. The Stars lost last night. We're doing that. Yeah, Game six tomorrow night, they'll be fine. Do you know why go ahead?
Speaker 6: Well, it's because it's back at home tomorrow night. That's why we'll be fine.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to say, because Jamie Ben got a cheap shot. That's a badass F and T Captain Old must be sure guy every year in.
Speaker 3: The playoffs loses his cool and just commits dumb penalties. That's why they lost. No, no, no, it was out of hand.
Speaker 1: It was it was three nothing and when they did it and a fight broke out and it was kind of and he just left the cheap shot of the guy that took the ref out to.
Speaker 3: He might get suspended, Like every year he loses his ass in the playoffs. Forever. It was like four minutes left in the game or something. Dude's got some pent up rage in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of funny because it was a lefty shot. It's crazy. Otter is amazing. He just couldn't do it on his own last night. Tomorrow night, seven o'clock, it's going to be so lit. Go Stars game seven Sunday afternoon because the Nuggets said no, no, no, we're not going away and they beat the Thunder last night. So Nuggets in Thunder with the honor to go play the t Wolves in the Western Conference Final, that is.
Speaker 1: And it's been an incredible series. I mean, just an incredible series. And there is so much pressure on the Thunder and they don't have a single guy on their team. Well Caruso was on the late Lakers team that won a championship. But yeah, I mean this is I can't believe it's gone seven. Like I cannot believe it has gone seven. And there's game are Michael Porter Junior is so bad and he's they need him desperately. Uh but last night it was at Denver, and so you had like the helper dudes like Strawther had sixteen and hit a bunch of threes. That stuff never happens on the road. My fear is that it's going to be a blowout on Sunday. But man, if we get to six minutes to go in the fourth quarter and it's tight, ooh, the pucker strings on the OKC thunder are going to clinch real tight. Thinking about this, would you trade Cooper Flag for anybody, any player that's still playing in the playoffs? Uh, I'd probably trade him for Shay Gilds as Alexander.
Speaker 3: Really straight up. Now that's about a nine year age difference, right, You can't.
Speaker 1: It's just you can't do these things because of the way contracts were, right, Anthony Edwards, I would, I would Anthony Edwards and Shay Gilders Alexander definitely, guys.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, but then, man, think about the money too.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The money, that's the thing is gonna be underpaid years. It's going on a rookie contract. Yeah, dude, So it's good that it's even a discussion. Oh yeah, talking about the MVP and you're like, I don't think I would trade him for the MVP or maybe you know that's yeah, that's powerful.
Speaker 3: All right, good stuff there's around the sports.
Speaker 1: But right now we want to get into a story that KT brought to us yesterday. A man in Los Angeles returned to his home and found a naked intruder. This guy had eaten his ice cream sandwiches, his veggie burgers, and chewed sixty pieces of gum and then left it in one giant, big wad and just spit it out. And KT has tracked the gentleman down, not the guy who was naked in the bed, but the guy whose house got violated. He is a reporter for NBC Los Angeles. He joins us down, Michael Duarte, how are you doing today, Michael?
Speaker 3: I'm doing okay.
Speaker 8: I'm still feeling a little violated, unsettled, but you know, I'm glad everybody is safe, and I can kind of look back now and laugh at it a little bit about the absurdity of it all.
Speaker 1: Okay, So walk us through exactly what happened as you return home and find a naked dude that's eat and all your ice cream sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Return home around midnight.
Speaker 8: I had been at a friend's fortieth birthday party a little bit earlier in the evening, which had delayed my return home, and as I went to enter with my pets through the kitchen, I could look through the window and notice that the entire kitchen had been ransacked. And my first thought, guys, was what animal had broken has done?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 3: Was this rats? Was this raccoons? It just didn't make sense to me.
Speaker 8: And as I started to kind of assess the situation and look around the kitchen, I could see my back windows had been broken into, not just one window, but three different windows. And that's when I kind of backed away, put the pets back in the car and said I'm going to keep looking to assess the situation. I didn't call the police at that time. I decided to keep looking to see what damage had been done and get more information, I suppose is the best way to phrase it. Then I started checking my cameras on my ring to see if I could see any signs of break in or somebody coming up.
Speaker 3: I couldn't see it. And then I got to the front door.
Speaker 8: I put the key in, I opened the door, and as I'm doing that, I'm looking inside and realizing my bedroom door is wide open and I never leave it wide open. And then I look closer and I see that there's a naked man in my bed, and as cool as a cucumber as I could have possibly been under the situation, I just backed out, kind of like Homer Simpson and that meme, back into the bushes, lock the door, go back down to the street, and I called the police.
Speaker 1: How long did it take him to get there? And was the man still in your bed when the police arrived?
Speaker 8: Yes, correct, he was still in the bed when the police arrived. It only took him ten minutes to get there. I didn't know when I called the police if they were going to be here in ten minutes or if they were going to be here in two hours. But thankfully the police this time arrived pretty quickly, in about ten minutes, and they showed up full like swat team style. I would say ten police squad cars, police helicopter with a floodlight on my house. It was like a scene out of a movie. They surrounded my house. They were prepared for anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the story takes a weird twist when there was a possum killed in the backyard with a statue. What was the statue? What's going on there? It felt like a very almost juvenile twist to this crazy story, right.
Speaker 8: So you know, I've been getting a lot of comments and messages from friends who've seen the stories. La Times picked it up also in addition to NBC. It just so happens I work for NBC. So when I was checking in with my boss the next day saying, Hey, guess what happened to me last night, they were like, oh my gosh, we want to do a story on this. But so I got been getting lots of text from friends and colleagues, and you know, they're laughing at the situation. The chewing gum you mentioned, the ice cream sandwiches, the veggie burgers, all this stuff. But as I said, it didn't feel funny or hilarious in the moment. But to your point, once he's in jail, I get to go do a walk through with the police, and it's there we finally discover what this person got into in my house, what damage he did, what other places of the house he was in other than what I was able to see, you know, through the windows. Part of the whole story and the piece of the puzzle finally start to fit together, and we kind of discover what happened and he was spotted by several neighbors walking the street Saturday afternoon around two three pm, talking to himself, yelling and cursing profanities at ghosts at seemingly nobody, and nobody did anything. Nobody called the police, nobody alerted our neighbors through.
Speaker 3: Texts or anything.
Speaker 8: They just kind of got scared and went in their homes and locked their doors and hoped that he didn't show up on their doorstep. But he showed up on mine, and I wasn't home, so he made his way to my back patio, where I have like an outdoor couch and an outdoor coffee table and a Buddhast statue and a bunch of Dodgers garden gnomes and candles and just kind of nice decorative things. I think he went up there and kind of took a nap for a little bit and then decided to smash everything. And there is a possum that shows up on my cameras in the backyard and crosses my backyard to my front yard to the street and almost every night. And the poor possum was coming through again like he normally does, and this intruder decided he was going to take my Buddhist statue and kill them.
Speaker 3: And not smashed him.
Speaker 8: The irony of that, Yeah, and left him up there and just destroyed and ransacked, smashing everything up top. And my guess can only be either just you know, some delusional angry rage or maybe he was looking for a high to key or something to get into the house. He then decides to come back down through the back and break in. H Like I said, through that back door to the kitchen, and once he goes in, it's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears at this point, right, well.
Speaker 1: Man, thank you for taking the time to join us. We'll continue to hope for your absolute safety and hope you don't get any more encounters like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate it. I'm beefing up security here.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your time. There, he goes Michael d'orte, the guy whose house got broken into, and pretty scary stuff.
Speaker 3: He dig god a sauce, Philophphy, This U team called a nusk of tea.
Speaker 14: Oh this cocktail sauce on top bo.
Speaker 3: Biz is battleship risk. Oh my gosh, it sounds like a game. It's not a game. I just have some business stories. The sound very sexual.
Speaker 1: It does sound sexual. Yeah, so is the family feud music about to come in. We're about to start game. No, No, it's not getting not a game the game, it's a game playing risk We just played the today.
Speaker 3: Game that's already happened. That's the game game today.
Speaker 1: I think with our new format, we can't talk about the rules of Riskopoly. We just don't have the time, right, But that is more of a podcast for us. Big time panty dropper intro Kevin, thank you.
Speaker 3: I had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a familiar artist. Yeah, might have been played on the show before in the past.
Speaker 3: Is that right? When we did play a game, Yeah, don't worry. We had to tell the audience everything move forward. Man, Okay, are y'all y'all know what buzzballs are. Yes, it's when they're shorn.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I thought that I'm a buzz cut for your test when it's when your balls go by the tower right right?
Speaker 6: No, there are alcoholic drinks that usually find empty in an alley way anywhere in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Thank you for bringing some seriousness and levity to the show, Christine. Yeah, guys, buzzballs are highly popular and seen them you've seen them in a liquor store. Oh yeah, it's like a shot that's at the point of purchase. Yeah, so it's a ball Christmas ornament. And then of course after a couple of years that I let's make them huge. They make some big ones too that you can buy. I prefer the big ones. So the founder of Buzzballs, which is Buzzballs was Carrollton based buzz Aldridge, the found founder of Lady. I remember when she sold it. It is a lady. Her name is Merrily Kick.
Speaker 1: That was a big story when she she was a school teacher, right, I don't know about that, dude.
Speaker 3: I think she I read this story. She was not this one.
Speaker 1: But when when this got to be a big deal, she created She was a school teacher and she created this and she sold it for a ton of money.
Speaker 3: So Merrily Kick and her husband Timothy Timothy Kick, they bought a house in Plano for fifteen point nine million dollars. Yeah, because they made a ton of money off this, dude. This has happened in the last three or four years. Yes, they bought it from a guy named Matthew Rutledge who owned the internet store woot. Is her woot. No, I haven't either, but that might be why he's selling his house that was going to be huge and gave an internet store. Yeah, internet retailer and me it's what it is. It's like a Timu or something probably ok thing. I mean, I really don't even know what Wood is either. I mean I think it's called eBay. eBay, Yeah, Amazon, that's like, yeah, Wood is an Amazon company, it absolutely is. How about that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay? So the point is the bus balls people who've just decided, we don't know if we just put it in a Christmas ornament looking thing, we just put it in a big ball. People love to drink and people love balls. Nice. Now we can buy our sixteen million dollar house in Plano. I was blown away by that figure. I don't know, you don't see many sixteen million dollar houses.
Speaker 6: I've never had one before. But it is great marketing because every time you go to the liquor store, they are right there when you're checking out.
Speaker 3: That's the key. Can you come up with an item that is a point of purchase item?
Speaker 1: Can you get that counter space right there when people are checking out and it's you've already got everything you came there for and you're just waiting. Yeah, why wouldn't we take a couple of shots tonight. I'm gonna grab these one of the main reasons candy bars still crush. They're just right there.
Speaker 3: They get your eye to the balls, and they're different colors.
Speaker 1: Is this a DMN story, Yes, Okay, if you scroll down, there'll be related stories. And I bet at the bottom is the story from a few years ago when she sold this thing.
Speaker 3: It's not in there and years ago. I thought it was just a month or two ago. Its final sentence. How about that it was what's that? Are you ready? Yeah? Merrily Kicks started Buzzballs in twenty ten when she was a teacher at Plano West Senior High School. Yeah, so you're getting the students drunk. That's that is a huge amount.
Speaker 1: Like you even hear about like the houses that pro athletes build and move into, And it's not that.
Speaker 3: That's that's that sounds like la real estate. Twelve three hundred feet sits on about seven acres, six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, four partial bathrooms.
Speaker 1: To get seven acres in the middle of Plano. Come on has an one acre lake stocked with bass and catfish. A lighted tennis court, a resort style heated pull with underwater windows.
Speaker 3: That a twenty seat home theater of course. Oh in the immersive three D audio system, because I think if you can tell the word immersive into something that helps it, that helps your p K Value's right. Think about this.
Speaker 1: The guy who was about to be the highest paid athlete in DFW making seventy million dollars per year is what Luca was about to do. He bought a house for fifteen million before he was traded. Wow, so that's even more than a guy who was about to be making seventy a year, plus his endorsements and yeah, plus his endorsement plus another decade of making money. Yeah, that seems like a lot of money. I think I remember this story. She sold it for a ton of money. So Luca is the buzzballs of alcoholic drinks. Yes, that's what we have reduced today.
Speaker 3: Good job and business battleship Riskoponly next week I'll have some more business stories. You just wait all weekend for that.
Speaker 1: That's a great intro. It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Coming up at the bottom of the hour, KT is gonna let you know what's going on in Dallas. And then one of my favorite things we do is the Wayback Machine. For those of you that don't know how long this show has been on the air where we're cracking beers on a Friday, it's been a really long time.
Speaker 3: So we have some things that have happened in the past. We like to go back and revisit them.
Speaker 1: Let you check it out, and I think it makes you feel closer to the history of the Benin Skin Show. What do we have today in the Wayback Machine, KT, Well, yesterday was.
Speaker 3: The nine year anniversary of when Rugie punched Jose Bautista and we definitely did talk to a Blue Jays blogger about that. Let me guess who talked to him. The Fighting night man. Damn man.
Speaker 1: If you've never heard that, get ready for a hill Billy brawl. So we'll do that in the big finish here in about thirty or so. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 13: And now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: You're not even to get this often for me, I have a high school playoff baseball story.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you about yourself, not about me, though I have many. Then you like hearing his baseball stories from the past, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know going into your sophomore year, what was your swing like going into it? I was a little more stiff, but then coach Gary Green tell me loosen up a little bit. Oh wow, gave you some shoulder massages and man whispered for you to relax in the box.
Speaker 6: Oh, Gary Green.
Speaker 3: Gary Green's getting drugged into some weird stuff here. He's out there driving a tractor and only nice. His radar goes up. What an old little kat he just say on the radio. He's not like that at all. What if Katy say on the electric box he will whipskins ass, Yeah, I'll pay for it. So I have no idea where he's at now, but he's still in the metropleaques and I think keeps up. Nice guy.
Speaker 1: No doubt being associated with the word stiff is good for him going into the Friday up.
Speaker 3: With what the show? Do you think? Yeah, the avid listener, I know him calling right now. What's his name? Gary Green. Dude, Gary Green, call it. Coach Green call It's such a mistake to bring up anyone that you know.
Speaker 1: I know everything I do now will be like, Hey, I don't care where you are in the metroplaque, metropleque, or what tractor you're on. Coach Green call in city guy, guy. You guys whip your ass, not city guys, So.
Speaker 3: Follow me here. Michael Killian is a sophomore at Flower Mound Marcus. Okay, they played Trophy Club by Ron Nelson last night in the playoffs for three game series. Byron Nelson got the win. God, he seems so old. The reason we're doing this story about sophomore Michael Killion of Flower Mound Marcus is because he has a father named Mike Killian. Mike Killian is the head coach of their opponent, Trophy Club by Ray Nelson. Oh wow, he's coaching against his son in the playoffs. Now, I'm from small Townsville, Like that would never happen. Basically what happened growing up. Michael was like, I would love to play for my dad, but he grew up his entire childhood in the Lewisville school system. He said, to continue playing with his friends instead of joining his dad, who had been the coach at by Nelson. So there's a big interview and they're all talking about it, and his dad's like, yeah, I mean it's gonna be competitive, and actually I know what pitches to throw him.
Speaker 13: Like.
Speaker 3: His dad's actually talking about the edge that he's got on his son, like, you gotta beat that at It's pretty great. I have you ever seen a story like that where a dad's coaching against his son. Wow, And so he's God, he's gonna try to make his son fail. Oh, by the way, it's a three game series. Tonight's game two, tomorrow game three if necessary. Dad's up one. Oh, I'm going tonight. What time is this? I'm gonna meet coach Gary Green?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 3: Where is this? I don't know where they're playing tonight. Damn it, they're playing at three different venues. Do you think isn't that fascinating? This is crazy? Do you think when you first met coach Green he believed you were a winner? No one ever has ever thought I was a winner all but at the end of it, when you graduated, he was glad that they built the offense ready. It is, in fact, one of the most iconic coaches in two A. Yeah, the great Terry Wolf wolf Man my coach. Here's the coach at Holiday? Yeah? Yeah, And like he had made comments about you. Man, if we had y'all's third basement, Oh, were you more of a defensive you hit in the nine hole?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: She didn't it, She's didn't The Holiday third baseman fall apart once you found out that his coach, Terry Wolf had been eyeballing you.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a distinct there's a distinct difference in talent between what I was offering both offensively and offer right. You're taking your talents anywhere?
Speaker 1: Hey, man, you are there any Are there any billboards or signs about your accomplishments?
Speaker 3: And only athletically.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I didn't make the Hall of Fame for a reason. What I didn't want to make it?
Speaker 1: Oh right, right out of my way to not have enough po That's how we feel about the Radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: We're not in it because we choose not to be that no one knows anything about it. What we're talking about.
Speaker 1: We don't want a Marconi writers in it. Hey, we don't want a Marconi. We actually don't submit the paperwork or what happened to that kid last night? Did he get did he have a good game?
Speaker 3: I didn't see that. It's hard to find high school status. I was looking for it, though, So four to two, I know that we do know the score, but we don't know how the kid performed. Yeah, I don't have a box score on that. So his dad he said this, He said, I was glad relieved that my son did not play for me because I didn't want him to experience the pressure being coach's son. But he also said, I was just talking about I know exactly how to pitch to him.
Speaker 1: His ass out by the way, Okay, this didn't turn on anything inside the dad.
Speaker 3: The long term baseball coach, like this is not going to be his last playoff run. The kid's gonna get four.
Speaker 4: Years to do this.
Speaker 3: You know what, he's cheapening in the kids legacy.
Speaker 1: He needs to be careful letting the Metroplex know how to how to pitch to his son, because that's kind of what he's.
Speaker 3: Doing right now.
Speaker 1: Old a scalpter. They're watching one. Okay, all right, then you're gonna be an assistant on my staff. Your dreams of playing are over. I just told the world how to strike you out.
Speaker 3: There's a mom and a sister involved too, who have to like watch this and you know, I guess who are we pulling for here?
Speaker 1: So and in the middle of this, the sister's like, nobody pays attention to me. The sister's twenty. Oh, she might be normal again. She might be normal again, maybe not rolling her eyes and hating her family.
Speaker 3: So figure. I thought that was a good yea local, hearty, wholesome story.
Speaker 1: You know what, man, I love my sports stories to have minimal details, just emotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought that was great, really well done, well well done. All right? Coming up next, what's going on in Dallas? Yes, she did it. That's next on the Eagle staff for this. What's going on in Dallas? Just a pretty big weekend time. A lot of stuff was going on. So I'm gonna walk you through a few things happening Friday excellent, Sunday excellent. We'll say first before we get to the music portion of tonight, I'm not gonna play any We're fine. Uh Tonight, y'all know, tonight's Page Becker's opening night. Oh yeah, it's our first game tonight. Yeah, for those just tuning in. We talked about it at three point fifteen. I forgot. We talked about that. Yep, Wildfire Music Fest is happening this weekend. Hell yeah, who's playing it? Well, Tonight's headliners, Young the Giant, Kid Rocks at at and T Stadium. Uh huh wait wait what that right? I had no idea and I'm not there right now.
Speaker 1: You better get out there. Beat beat traffic is he is? He gonna shoot beer cans in the sky?
Speaker 3: I hope so. I hope he takes a AK forty seven.
Speaker 1: He's a lot about guns. He's a really interesting dude. He really is, y'all. Did y'all know he was the guy that facilitated the whole Bill Maher Donald Trump dinner thing. No, I don't even know anything. I don't know anything about that. I try to avoid anything.
Speaker 3: I just went.
Speaker 1: He got he got beat up. He got beat up on the internet because he went and had dinner with Donald Trump. But Donald Trump is really good friends with Kid Rock, and Bill Maher is really good friends with Kid Rock, and so Kid Rock had put together a dinner at the White House.
Speaker 3: It was it was pretty entertaining, pretty fun.
Speaker 6: He was wearing during that dinner or maybe this was another time.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's got some ridiculous outfit, just straight American.
Speaker 3: Flag all over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and he had got he he dresses like Rex was it, Kwondo and these bad boys. But he is like like a classically trained musician, right, Like he can play like any instrument or something. I don't know that he's classically trained, but he's very talented. He can play several instruments.
Speaker 3: I've never seen. I don't know, dude, he can play guitar.
Speaker 1: He yeah, he used to do a thing where live he would rotate to every instrument the same song.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, Well what he's doing is kicking off Kid Rocks Rock and Rodeo. So tonight's the big concert weekend. We got some bull racking going on, okay, rodeo and maybe some lamb chopping what they call it. But when they're going and you know I'm talking about I actually don't where they rope the little calve what's happening. I don't know what they call it. I bet kid Rock is one of the most mutton cutting admired.
Speaker 1: Musicians by Eagle listeners, although I don't know that he's played on do we play him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: I bet you flip a coin on on Eagle Listeners. It's a guest.
Speaker 1: He just one of the things he does is he'd go and this happens with guys his age. But he's made country records, rock records, rap records. He just does a little bit of everything. And he's definitely like, uh, he's definitely which way the wind is blowing? Kind of gat you know, It's not like he's got a kid rock sound. It's kind of like if he's kind of like a skinny jelly roll and more talented and successful. It's kind of like me and skin your kid rock and I'm jelly roll. This is a great moment for me. I've always wanted to be kid rock kid rock.
Speaker 3: Three to six. I think his name is Bob Robert James Ritchie. Yeah, I think people that know him call him Bob. Tonight, it's sundown at Granada. I'll be there in a jiffy with a stiffy for Electric six.
Speaker 6: Oh there too?
Speaker 3: Are you there? Christina?
Speaker 6: I love Electric six There's so much fun.
Speaker 3: One of those underrated bands on this effing planet.
Speaker 6: Sundown at Granada.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that they're playing Sundown at Granada, and they're here about every seven months.
Speaker 3: Means they're perfectly right. They're not here every seven months. Okay, Okay, first of all, I feel like they come here just for Siroy. I feel they come here every year because they're hardworking. Every i've we've not worked with you.
Speaker 1: So it's what twenty thirteen, I feel like we're talking about another Electric six show about every seven months and over a decade.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, it's what's crazy. When I met Sarroy in like eight or something, like he knew electrics, I was like, you know who electric? Me and him were the only people. It's the only person I knew who knew who. Like, it's still the same. What about Cash, Sroy? Cash will probably be there.
Speaker 6: He's out of town.
Speaker 3: Cash is out of town guy there.
Speaker 1: I planned his life around not being there, and so didn't you guys used to get dressed up in costumes to go see him.
Speaker 3: I've worn a pope outfit before. Okay, Well, we just shave our friend Jerry's head. Yeah, tell him who Jerry is. He knows Jerry'sden's brother. Yeah, Okay, they're twins though, but yeah, deed Madden can hoop. Yeah, that dude is a baller. He's in Washington.
Speaker 6: I don't know is Jerry going to because he's a good guy.
Speaker 3: Doubt Jerry. Okay, but he liked too much Jerry talk on there. Yeah, Wildflower Music Fest Saturday. We've got Sugar Ray and the Cold War Kids. Hell yeah, I've seen Cold War Kids before. I thought they were pretty good. Taco's and tequila happening out there in uh Panther Island Pavilion, Fort Worth, Little John Yo, Okay, aren't you performing this weekend? Christ hold on Sunday? Sold your boy? Okay?
Speaker 1: Where I told you you did at the pip Panther Island Pavilion. I thought you said those yesterday with a Little John.
Speaker 3: Mike Jones and p D. Pablo. Now we move to Sunday. Okay, Sunday. Oh, by the way, Tomorrow night Dallas Stars Game six Sunday two thirty. We got a game seven two thirty Denver and Oklahoma City. You all enjoy that. I'm seeing Christina raise oatmell pizza at noon on the Wildfire Music Fest and Richards. Let's go Christina Raisa Pizza right.
Speaker 6: Does not say that you should say Josh Campbell's Oatmell Pizza.
Speaker 3: Well, it says oat Mill Pizza noon to one Sunday. Well, I'm musical Festive. I went last year in Richard. It's wonderful. It's easy to get in. He's at a park. Well, tell us about Richardson. We're from there, bitch, huh.
Speaker 1: J Black Joelson Honeybears too. That'll be fun, that'll be fun. I'm actually heading there right after the show. They're they're giving skin the key to the Wildfest Festival.
Speaker 3: Festival fight coming up next.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: In just over three minutes, we crank up the wayback machine. If you've never heard this, you're gonna want to stick around the fighting. McMahon's have an anniversary today. We'll hear some of it next wrapping up a Friday afternoon. Hope you have big plans. Hope those plans include roller Town Beer Works. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners, and up there in Salina, Texas. I am actually heading there after the show because we are continuing on with our yacht Rock Weekend, which includes new cocktails like the Summer Breeze.
Speaker 3: Our Summer Shandies are back.
Speaker 1: Also because of playoff sports that's happening in basketball and especially hockey. With our team, we have crushable playoff pitchers all the time, all the way through the end of the weekend. Twelve dollars and fifty cent pictures on our crushable beers like the big German, Rollertown Light, the one thirty three, all of our pilsners and loggers twelve dollars and fifty cents. Tonight with the yacht Rock continuing on. DJ Luke Sardello from Josie Records will be spending the Classics and then that carries on into tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Then we're gonna have a bubble machine there tomorrow. Yes, I love that. That's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Bring the kids out, like we pride ourselves on Rollertown in Solanna being family friendly, and yeah, they get out there and the kids are just running around playing and suddenly it's like there's bubbles covering the whole parking lot.
Speaker 3: It is so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So come on out this weekend American Gothic Pizza tonight, by the way, So hope to see you out there.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this. It's time to go into the bit Stripule worbut machine were there because the space noises. Yeah, so today Friday May sixteenth, but if you were to rewind nine years, the entire world was reacting on a Monday to what happened on Sunday afternoon in Arlington when Ruggio o'dor just punched Jose Batista right on the honker. I mean so good, it was great.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of times, and especially in baseball, there's a fight, or it looks like a fight, but guys are just running around put pointing at each other, getting separated, and no one ever lands an actual punch. This was one of the most hated players in sports and a little dude, that's my little dude. Rugnet o'dor punched him right in the jaw and smacked his sunglasses off. And for years one of the best things about the Rangers was just that Nolan Ryan beat up Robin Ventura.
Speaker 3: That was like, that's crazy. That shouldn't You don't hang a banner over that. It was great.
Speaker 1: It's one for your kids now, but this was up there with that. It was like, you know, and uh, updated version. Yeah, And it was really great because it was a real punch, got landed.
Speaker 3: It was awesome. Real Donnie brother, there's a real rivalry that was that was lasting. We played them in the Latifs in twenty fifteen, went on to play them in the playoffs in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Bautista retired right after he got hit in the face. So and the bat flip was in there was that before. That was in one of those years. I'm not sure which one it was he did twenty fifteen. Yeah, real cocky bat flip. The bat flip was before the punch, right.
Speaker 3: And I think we had an anywhere Elvis had about four errors in a row. That was the town of sixteen run that we were there. Yeah, the point is we had a uh that was insane. Well, the fake radio shows features Ronnie and Terry McMahon, The Fight McMahon's guys who just love to fight. They sound like absolute hillbilly rednecks and they sound like they don't have a lot of morals.
Speaker 1: Well, we the idea is these fake radio shows we make, we want to prank people that are dying to be interviewed. And so the listeners on the prank and we're in on the prank. The only one who's not is the person being interviewed, and they're just so excited to be doing an interview. They just sign up for it and they never even look into who's interviewing them. And we're also making fun of the radio business, especially sports talk, that pairs these weird things together. And so the idea of the fight McMahon's is it's skin and I each had a Tim mcman impression, and he's a surly, grumpy guy. He's our friend, we love him, and so we just created these brothers out of his image that were surly and grumpy and always fighting with each other, fighting with guests, fighting with everyone, fight, fight, fight all the time.
Speaker 3: Yep, let's get right to it.
Speaker 1: In the wayback machine, the fighting McMahon's with a Toronto blogger.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the fighting mcmon's. It's Monday, tas kicking Day. I wanted to take it out of the break. I just took it out the break. I wanted to take it out of the break. It's my turn, then take it out the break.
Speaker 4: I don't care, Ronnie, you're listening to the fighting McMahon's. What he said, we're talking about the best baseball fight that's ever happened. Maybe in American history pretty much dude most of the time. Then baseball fights spill out onto the field and them dudes don't want none.
Speaker 3: No, they look like dance and art.
Speaker 4: It's like the dude who bumps in you at the bar and you square him up and he's like, hey, no problem here, and you're like, that's right, bitch, walk.
Speaker 3: Away back, walk away back down. So let me take take it.
Speaker 4: Eric, you're on the fight and McMahon's how you doing, brother, guys. Man, we're fired up, man, we love I mean, we hell, we were born to fight, so we're about ass kicking. What's your take on Jose Bautisa getting knocked the out?
Speaker 17: Well, I'm not I'm not a big, big guy into the whole fighting scene, so I think it's it was a bit interesting.
Speaker 13: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: What do you mean you.
Speaker 4: I mean you don't fight. I'm just saying, you know, I apologize for my lang. I'm not trying to shock in all you. I'm just saying, you don't you don't throw down, you don't have hands.
Speaker 17: No, I don't don't choose to do that.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you don't choose to do it? You don't choose it shows you.
Speaker 17: Not necessary one of a one off.
Speaker 4: Another man steps to you and squares your ass up. You're fighting, right, you punch him square in his jaw.
Speaker 17: H No, And in a lot of cases he was a chance to walk away as yesterday, when do you walk away?
Speaker 4: Like why I hit you and from behind you walk away? It's stupid, I understand, all right, So I apologize. We just might have different perspectives because we're about ass kicking. You tell us what I'm saw in that bath?
Speaker 17: Yeah, well I think I saw what was you know, obviously intentional throw a Batista, which is fine. Batista obviously took a run at Odor, which was a cheap, a cheap slide.
Speaker 3: I might deserve to get his ass kicked, which.
Speaker 17: Which Odor had a problem with.
Speaker 3: And I think, yeah, you got a problem with it. Put a boot right in his as he saw. Yeah, a problem solved, right.
Speaker 17: No, I don't. I don't think it was the right thing to do and start to fight with that. I don't think it was. I think there was a better way to handle it.
Speaker 3: What why?
Speaker 11: Why is that?
Speaker 4: What's he supposed to do? Pull out a calligraphy pen and write him a damn love letters?
Speaker 3: Said man.
Speaker 4: Please don't try to kill me when you slide. It's baseball to fight and sport.
Speaker 17: Base never been a fighting sports.
Speaker 4: Always been guys fight sell their problem. Every sports a fat and sport. If you got balls, what are you supposed to do? What's he what's his other alternative?
Speaker 3: To walk away from white from and get punched in the back of his head by Bob Tosta.
Speaker 17: I think I appreciate your guys opinions. A lot of people were would thinks this is the spot to throw down and enjoin the fighting culture. But I mean that's not the way I think Beach Falls should be. I think it's a very If you want to do that kind of fighting stuff, you is the market to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now we're on the site I love. I mean, I can tell you're one of them dudes that don't like the fat None, you're not. You don't got them hands. Where do you live, man?
Speaker 17: I live in British Columbia.
Speaker 3: Where's that? That's great? England?
Speaker 17: Canada vos all right?
Speaker 4: Well, Canada's chill, man. I like Canada, our allies to the north.
Speaker 3: We get down the fight. They're like, we get hey, we get into a war. War y'all coming with us or what?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I expect we joined that thing.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so I'm talking about you like drinking beer and kicking ass, and when you run out of beer.
Speaker 17: You got a kick ass, ye know, as much as you fellas.
Speaker 3: Wait, shut up, let me talk. You're talking to mayor shut up?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 3: Place of this all right, Derek Kay, I'm happy I spit it out. Here's what I want to know. What happens next time the Rangers and Blue Jays face each other.
Speaker 17: I think it's going to depend on, you know, where Josey Batist is, because if he's not in Toronto, which he very well couldn't be if you look, if he's contract inspires and he's not renewed, he might not be in Toronto.
Speaker 3: So I'm gon be on the Paget circuit doing He ain't tough, we all know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's miss Allen do the Blue Jays holding he ill will for.
Speaker 3: The guy getting knocked the out. Yeah, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 17: You know, people like Kevin Blur are knock going to like ruining their door and the rest of the Rangers, and it's gonna be there.
Speaker 4: You say, Ronnie door, he shut Rubebato door. Shut out with the said I know what he said.
Speaker 3: Let him answer the question. Don't interrupt him. You want a piece of this shut out, guys, get back to the interviews. Focus. You got to don't touch my brother, Shannon, Yeah, don't touch my brother. Only I can touch my brother. You look at him the eyes, Shannon, he's talking to you. Sorry, Eric?
Speaker 17: All right, Yeah, there definitely will be bad blood if it the next sason.
Speaker 1: When it happened again, filing out on the damn field right full of blood?
Speaker 3: All right, Eric, So what's the deal? Man? Blue Jay's going to punk the out and miss the playoffs.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 17: I know they definitely turned it off pretty bad. I think they can get a wild card spot because I think Boston is just too good for them to be in first place.
Speaker 3: Man, you don't even sound confident about your team. Man, it's like this.
Speaker 4: I was driving in this morning, so I'm jackwaggon and f one fifties all over my ass.
Speaker 3: I pulled over and I said, what you want some you kick his ass? Hell no, he didn't want nothing he wanted. He didn't out his car. He stuffed and then he got out of his car.
Speaker 4: Saw the sasamine, saw that I was holding a small bat yeah, and I was like it was one of them natsticks.
Speaker 3: And I saw I was holding that. He's like he want none. I hope he broke his wait now and told him to drive the car. I threw it at him. Yeah, take you here? Had none road raids there?
Speaker 13: Er?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Whatever you guys drive up there? What do y'all drive up there? Y'all drive hogs.
Speaker 17: Like every other country, like big ass four by four.
Speaker 3: Like Bigfoot had to run over with a hemmy no, no, but you drive boy? I drive car? Yeah? How much door?
Speaker 17: That's a question. I couldn't even bother answer to the cares.
Speaker 3: Right, And this driver you gotta drive and kill man you got helping him out? Shut the f up. Ronny, damn boy.
Speaker 1: Damn I got sick man. They got the call real bad. I got eric unfiltered cigarettes.
Speaker 3: For five years.
Speaker 4: I don't think we figured out anything except me and my brother damn near took each.
Speaker 3: Other's heads off again again again.
Speaker 4: By the way, who do you think's tougher in terms of we've been fighting since we were born.
Speaker 3: I'm five years older than Terry. I've been whipping his ass.
Speaker 4: I had a head start, but I would say, overall, Ronnie against Terry, Ronnie's got the winning record, and I say it's about one fifty seven to twenty nine all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, you fight me, well, I had ready to fight.
Speaker 1: You up.
Speaker 3: Don't talk to Ronnie like that. Hey, Eric, thanks for the time. Sorry, my brother's a jackass. Thanks for the time, though. Man, Hey, hurry up, Ronnie. We gotta go, come on Cheal bye later, Eric, Canada.
Speaker 16: Wow, way into we Oh, you gotta get him back on the show.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time. KT looked our pacifist producer Shannon dead in.
Speaker 3: His eye and he said, burn my tongue on a Texas twinkie.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we all know what a Texas twinkie is. Everybody, have a good weekend. Christina is going to stick around and play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 3: Here you going, I'm gonna get my sock back. Dude had enough fun in games that I gotta take a poop.