Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Neil, you want to take this over? I wouldn't mind going back to bed to be honest with you. Oh sure, this is the easy part. Hey, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: What day? Is it? No shirt? Amy?
Speaker 1: And what are you doing? Something rude and appropriate? Kno, you're Mexican, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Why are you here? Not marching? All right? Where am I?
Speaker 4: And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, ah right, one of the better promos out there.
Speaker 4: That was Neil doing a better than average impersonation. Don't you think?
Speaker 3: Why not an impersonation?
Speaker 1: It was just, I don't know, a blatant amplification of your idiosyncrasy, sir.
Speaker 4: Right, someone's not muting? Good morning everybody?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, still on school?
Speaker 4: Have an echo somewhere there? Does that mean? No?
Speaker 3: It's not here?
Speaker 4: We go?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. It's Friday the thirteenth. As Amy was saying with her Dodgers shirt sword of Dodgers, Go Dodgers, And I noticed that Anne is not wearing her Padre's shirt.
Speaker 5: We're not playing them anymore.
Speaker 4: Wait, you will you will.
Speaker 6: Wait till Monday.
Speaker 5: Wait till Monday.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, wait till month.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, I was just we're going to talk to Anne in a few minutes about what's going on this weekend at SOFI. In the meantime, Hello to Amy, good morning, and Neil and Cono and Ann and Will is not here. He will be back on Monday. And boy do we have a show today? Oh my, got to think we have a little bit of news.
Speaker 4: To talk about today, Just to leave a tiny.
Speaker 2: Bit right, Yeah, Friday the thirteenth, which, by the way, I always celebrate Friday the thirteenth. When I'll be doing this today, I will be killing a black cat under a stairway while breaking a mirror, and just before I kill it, I'll be pouring salt all over it. I celebrate the thirteenth a Friday. It's just it's a big day for me, cat alone.
Speaker 1: It's uh, I'm not superstitious, which is for someone who's faithful, but I'm not superstitious.
Speaker 4: I'm not either.
Speaker 2: I'm not an iota of superstition.
Speaker 1: You remember the old Tim and Eil show a bazillion years ago. Yeah, they had me do a bunch of that walk under ladder, break a mirror, do all that, because that's like I don't.
Speaker 4: And then you lost all your hair. You see, there is some validity.
Speaker 3: It was the year my father died, I believe.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice, love it.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: There. The kidney decided.
Speaker 1: Not to the kidney disease, and I worked with knot until then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Oh man, do we have so much news to talk about today? Of course, Israel is it's at war with Iran. I mean that the bottom line is, yeah, you and when you attack another country, that is a declaration of war, although it hasn't legally been declared war. And I don't even know if they're going to bother with any legal declarations here.
Speaker 4: But and we talk more about that at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: And Israel, and we talked about it a long time, preemptively has struck at Iran's.
Speaker 4: Edie's Ron's nuclear facilities. We'll talk tons about that. Alex Padilla yesterday.
Speaker 2: I am surprised he wasn't deported yesterday to where whatever country would take him to Venezuela. It's a great story about the senator here in Los Angeles being just pulled to the ground and handcuffed the US senator.
Speaker 4: Fantastic, and we got a lot more going on.
Speaker 2: But in the meantime, let us start we handle all on the news, Amy Neil and me lead Storry. Well, no surprise, Nitsan, Yahoo and the Israelis have been saying this for a very long time, that Iran will simply never be able to get a nuclear weapon without or Israel would never allow Iran to become a nuclear power ever, And that's exactly what's happening. It's being reported that within days, if not weeks, that Iran will have enough fissionable material, which is enough uranium purified uranium, to create.
Speaker 4: An atomic weapon. And Israel said, ain't gonna happen. It's just an.
Speaker 2: Exxidential, existential, existential, excidential, existential, Yeah, threat to Israel. There we go for them to have an atomic weapon. I'll talk more about that coming up at seven o'clock. There are a lot of balls in the air on this one.
Speaker 7: Gov gav got the Guard back for a minute. A federal judge in San Francisco ordered the Trump administration to return control of the California National Guard to Governor Newsom, saying that Trump, nationalizing the troops or federalizing the troops.
Speaker 6: Was completely illegal.
Speaker 7: And then last night the Ninth Circuit put a pause on that, and so now Trump has control of the National Guard still, but it's only for well a few more days, possibly because the Ninth is the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is holding a hearing about it on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when it will probably decide whether it's going to go forward or not, whether the federal government has the ability Trump has the ability to national I federalize the National Guard under these circumstances. The judge, in his order handing back the control of the National Guard to Newsom, effectively said, just because Trump called in an invasion doesn't mean it's an invasion.
Speaker 4: You can't just arbitrarily.
Speaker 2: Say, okay, you've got three hundred protesters or two thousand protesters, and that is an invasion of the United States by an armed force, and the president has the ability to go to war to stop the invasion and federalize the National Guard. That judge said, you just can't do that. I mean, how far does that one go? For example, Alex Padilla, the Senator, starts screaming at Christy Nomes's press conference an invasion of a press conference by a foreign power.
Speaker 4: We're going to now arrest half the Senate.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, obviously I'm a lot of hyperbole there, you know, an enormous amount of hyperbole. But the point I'm making is, can you really take three hundred protesters and call that an invasion?
Speaker 4: Can you call that an insurgency.
Speaker 2: And then send uh and then send hundreds, if not thousands of troops.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can. There is a limit. There is a limit.
Speaker 2: And the judge said, this crossed the limit. We'll see what the court say. We'll see what the course has to say about this.
Speaker 4: What is it on pause until right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 2: Trump still has the National Guard under his control. The judge said, no, he has to give it back to Newsom. Uh. Then he put that on pause until today, and then the appeals court put extended the pause until Tuesday. So until tuesday, Trump has federalized and the National Guard is still under his power.
Speaker 3: How do they how did?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: It's not a jury or anything who decides whether it was legitimate or not.
Speaker 4: It'll be the court.
Speaker 6: It'll be the court, the ninth US Circuit Court of appeal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll say whether this is a legitimate use of presidential power, because you know it. Certainly the judge went nuts on this when he said, you know, you're the president, You're not King George. You just can't arbitrarily call it an invasion.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 2: Because if if the courts say that the president determines if it's an invasion, he literally can say, then six people that are rioting is an invasion of the United States. If he has given that kind of power where there is no limit, and and the administration is arguing there is no limit, he can call it. It is his call under all circumstances to determine whether the United States is at risk or not.
Speaker 4: It's a tough one.
Speaker 1: On the note that you said about guns, there's been that I'm aware of. Amy, maybe you can tell me different, but there's been no weapons other than you know, raw But there's been no armed people at any of these.
Speaker 2: On the right.
Speaker 4: I don't think any shots have been fired.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so either.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, As Bill mentioned and you heard Amy talk about earlier, Democratic US Senator Alex Padilla on Thursday was forcibly removed from Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nomes news conference in Los Angeles. Not a pretty site, no matter what your beliefs are. In a statement, DHS said that Padilla chose disrespectful political feeder. Probably true, but the Secret Service said they thought he was an attack attacker. I'm pretty sure he acknowledged who he was.
Speaker 2: In the as a matter of fact, they said they said he didn't. But as they were grabbing him and moving him outside of the room, that's when they there's video, there's audio of him screaming, I'm a US senator.
Speaker 4: He don't.
Speaker 5: Anybody could say that he didn't right with you?
Speaker 2: No, I have no no, I have no problem. Right anybody could. Anybody could. And I'm going to go beyond that because I'm going to give him a pass on that one. Uh. The guy he said he just wanted to ask questions. He was screaming at Christal. It was it was pretty out there, it was pretty it was theater. But he shouldn't, you know, he was disrupting a press conference. You have a first on the space that they should have taken him out. And that's that's exactly the.
Speaker 3: Portant thing where he ignored.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The demands.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, now let's now, let's go outside the room. Right, he was a threat there, saying that he attacked and made a move towards her. Don't know if that's true or not inside the room. But now as they're moving him outside of the room, right, he is now in the hallway. You can see his hands are up in the air as he's being shoved. They throw him to his knees, owe him on the ground and handcuff him. Uh, the incident was far over at that point. Anybody else would simply be removed from the room. You go to a city council meeting, people go out of here, go out of their minds. The cops take you away and they move you outside the hallway and go Now, get out of here.
Speaker 4: You're not going to come back in the room. That's the problem is what.
Speaker 3: They bug me the most.
Speaker 1: Though he's a senator, he has a voice if it was someone else who didn't have a voice. As one thing, but that's what makes me say, it's theater.
Speaker 3: It's like, of.
Speaker 4: Course, of course it's theater. The whole thing is theater and thin of it.
Speaker 1: The activism of political leaders annoys me in the sense that they have a voice, they have a place for that voice, and he was shoving himself into someone another political leader's voice, which to me is inappropriate. I would have been I would have felt better if it was just your average individual.
Speaker 2: My argument, my argue, And do you think anybody in the room number one would say, yeah, that is the center he was when they put when he wasn't wearing his Senate id on his clothing, on his jacket, when they pulled him, when he went to the ground, according to the story, according to reports that he did have some identification that shows as a US center. Whether or not they saw it or not, I don't mind. But if you're removing someone thrilled if you're removing, But if you're removing someone who is disrupting a press conference, and you got him out of the room, instead of just you're gone, you're not coming back in the room, you hand you throw him to the ground and handcuff him. I mean, come on, guys, you know, uh yeah, it gets it gets a little rough. And of course the Democrats all went crazy across the board, and all the Republicans defended the Secret Service, all of them right down the line.
Speaker 4: It's totally appropriate by handcuffing him. O good, Where do you go with that? Where do you go? I don't know.
Speaker 3: One side's cheering it and the other side is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say it doesn't matter. Though it doesn't matter. I mean, it's just it's crazy, Okay, moving on.
Speaker 7: You can bet a lot of people are going to be requesting seat eleven A. That is where the one person who survived that Air India crash yesterday was sitting in eleven A. The other two hundred and forty one people on board were killed, along with dozens on the ground. They still don't know exactly what happened. They know that the engines went out, it appears. We talked to Iheart's aviation expert Jay Ratliff, it looks like the landing gear was still down, which was weird because usually the landing gear comes up immediately after takeoff.
Speaker 5: But they don't know.
Speaker 6: But they have recovered the black boxes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to find out for sure.
Speaker 2: And the reason that it covered the black boxes is you could see the tail of the airplane sticking out from that building.
Speaker 4: Still intact.
Speaker 6: Only one black box has been recovered.
Speaker 7: They got the they got the digital front flight reporter recorder.
Speaker 6: They just found it, not the voice recorder.
Speaker 7: They actually they had the voice recorder and it just it just crossed on the wires that they found the digital.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's going to give all the information, all right.
Speaker 1: The House of Representatives narrowly approved legislation yesterday to eliminate the next two years of federal funding for public media outlets. That's your NPR, your PBS. This comes from President Trump in his administration. The belief is that he is against the bias against conservative viewpoints as part of his broader attacks on mainstream media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a shame.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What makes this story so interesting is his money's already been approved and he's calling it back, and so there's an issue here.
Speaker 4: And it's not just the NPR.
Speaker 2: They also took a whole lot more in terms of US four and A two their flying back.
Speaker 1: The reality is, listen, are they bias, Absolutely, but they do some great reporting. And also when you think that the vast majority of commercial radio is conservative across the country, then it actually ends up being balanced.
Speaker 4: All Right, we can get into that for a while.
Speaker 7: You can keep your gas guzzler in California, at least for now, President Trump has signed legislation to rescind California's ambitious auto emission standards, including that rule that eventually would have barred the sale of new gas powered cars in California by twenty thirty five. You signed, held a whole big signing ceremony yesterday in the East Room. Trump slammed California's plans zero emission requirements for in new car sales as a disaster for our country.
Speaker 2: Now keep in mind the Feds, actually we have jurisdiction over this. And the reason California was able to pass its emission standards or mandate for electric vehicles by twenty thirty five is the government gave them the waiver.
Speaker 4: The government said you are allowed to do this, we will let you.
Speaker 2: And now with Trump's saying, uh uh, we're taking that back. So it's not state law protected by the Constitution.
Speaker 4: Although I'm sure there's a lawsuit filed on this one too. Sure why not it went in doubt? You know, as a matter of fact, was it?
Speaker 2: Newsome says, oh no, The President said they can't take us to court on this one. They can't do anything with the executive orders. It's permanent because this was a congressional bill. And even when you have Republicans who have a problem with it and a few bills they're saying, I don't think so, I'm going to vote no.
Speaker 4: Inevitably they vote yes.
Speaker 3: All cave.
Speaker 5: And Trump said this can't be challenged in court, but.
Speaker 2: To be.
Speaker 4: Lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Of course, Trump can't walk without being without a lawsuit being filed. He cannot get out of bed if he gets off on the left side of the bed. There's a lawsuit filed that he got out of bed wrongly.
Speaker 5: Do you think he secretly loves that.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't think he secretly loves that. I think he loves that.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy likes to who was his mentor, Roy Cohne, who was Joe McCarthy's counsel, and just I mean his philosophy. You hit me once, I hit you back twice. I hit you twice as hard, five times as hard. That is how he lives you damn right, he likes it. There is a He's a contentious guy, always has been.
Speaker 1: And Governor Newsom has one of those T shirt shooters filled with lawsuits and it just shooting out of the air everywhere.
Speaker 4: I think how the number twenty four five have already been fired.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is the one that they just filed about. The mandate was twenty six and.
Speaker 2: He's been in office for three months, didn't he only didn't gave only put aside like twenty five million.
Speaker 3: He's gotta been he mustag.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, they're going to blow through that. Oh yeah, very very quickly.
Speaker 1: Fifteen thousand foreigners foreigners in the last twenty four hours have signed up for Trump's Gold Card. Remember that offers applicants residency and a path the citizenship.
Speaker 3: This is what he.
Speaker 1: Announced, President Trump. You remember the Gold Card with his face on it. So he touts the programs once in a lifetime opportunity. Though it comes with a required five million dollar payment to the US government that could be seventy five billion dollars. You do the math there. He has not sought approval from Congress, he being the president, because he's not providing Gold Card buyers citizenship, only.
Speaker 3: A path to citizenship, which we don't know what that means yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't think anybody knows what the hell is going on. And these are only people that have signed up. Keep in lying, there's not any application going on it's just here sign up for this. So I love the idea of buying your way into citizenship or buying your way into the United States. A lot of countries do that, by the way, you can. The United States is not alone on this one. Is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And we've always had that sure because if you if you invest X number of dollars a million dollars, you will get residency. For example, if you invest money to buy a business or start a business in the United States, I don't know if that's still available, but then you would get residency to run that business. And other countries, if you invest in a business or real estate to a certain extent, you can get residency in those countries.
Speaker 4: They want money coming in.
Speaker 1: Wait, are you saying that you can give money to a US politician and get something in return?
Speaker 2: You can give money to the government and get something out of chart the US politician.
Speaker 4: That's a given.
Speaker 2: That is when you go out and you buy paperbacks, you buy lunch bags. That is a different kind of relationship.
Speaker 1: But Elvarado, when you can drive doun Alvarado and they'd make that little hand symbol like a card like you got it for fake green cards.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, sake gold card.
Speaker 4: All right, the.
Speaker 7: King of low cost retailers has come out against King Trump. A billionaire Walmart heiress publicly speaking out against Trump.
Speaker 5: It's Christy Walton.
Speaker 7: She's the widow of one of the Walmart founder's sons. She's taken out a full page ad in national newspapers calling for people to defend against aggression by dictators. She wants people to participate in the no Kings protests. Yeah, there's like eighteen hundred of them planned for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, of course, the backlash is going to be crazy. The let's go after Walmart, boycott Walmart.
Speaker 4: Walmart has nothing to do with this. She has nothing to do with Walmart. They just have the money.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens there, all right.
Speaker 3: At least we can all go out and buy some great growth. Oh never mind.
Speaker 1: Estimated forty five thousand Albertson's Pavilions, Vonds, and Raups grocery stores. Maybe looking at a strike. Workers are preparing for a possible walkout after voting to authorize as strike. This could be the Southern California's largest grocer strike in decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're asking for stuff they've never asked before, wage increases, healthcare and pension issues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are the odds?
Speaker 4: What are the odds?
Speaker 5: Toys are going high tech.
Speaker 7: Mattel and Open Ai are teaming up to develop a out AI powered products and experiences that they say are rooted in Mattel's iconic brand portfolio. Mattel's chief franchise officers said their products and experiences are designed to inspire fans and entertain audiences and enriched lives through play, and AI has the power to expand on that admission and broaden the reach of their brands in new exciting ways.
Speaker 6: So these had you what any of that means?
Speaker 5: No, it's but it's Barbie Hot Wheels and Fisher Price.
Speaker 4: Okay what And I don't get what any of this means? AI?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 4: All right, go figure, I can't wait to see this.
Speaker 3: Whatever whatever Barbie questions, maybe you can. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Two of the most pivotal documents President Abraham Lincoln ever signed coming up for auction. Rare copies of both the Emancipation Proclamation and the Thirteenth Amendment will be auctioned off in Southby's upcoming books and manuscripts sale. It's on June twenty sixth. It'll be in New York. So this is not the it's a copy, but it's signed about a year later. But they think it's gonna sell for at least three million. The handwritten amendment he signed on VELLAM in eighteen sixty five, ending slavery nationwide is expected to sell for at least eight million.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Does a copy of the Declaration Independence of the Constitution the original signed document does not even exist, And I don't know if that is if we have that, in other words, the wet signatures of the founding father signing those documents.
Speaker 1: If that, well, these are wet signatures too, but I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I would imagine it has to.
Speaker 2: I don't know because they printed copy And I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 4: By the way, I should know that.
Speaker 1: I think this is hand written with a well, well, of course they were all hand written.
Speaker 2: But the argument is, well, no, I mean, were there were printed copies? So you know, you know all the there weren't twelve or fifteen you know, declaration of Independence that were hand signed.
Speaker 4: Maybe there were. I should dive into this and figure out what that what that does. I should know that.
Speaker 2: I'm embarrassed by not knowing that. All right, moving on, let's go into some place where I'm not embarrassed.
Speaker 5: Where there's smoke. There's an investigation.
Speaker 7: State Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara says the state is launching a formal inquiry into how State Farm, which is California's largest home and sure, has been handling thousands of claims filed by victims of the gen Your Werry wildfires. They've been getting tons of complaints from policyholders. This investigation apparently is going to focus specifically on the smoke damage claim, which people are saying that they're getting denied or delayed. The examination will assess whether State Farm has complied with California's consumer protection and claims handling laws.
Speaker 1: H Harvey Weinstein court trial. The retrial in New York declared a mistrial yesterday.
Speaker 3: A lot of weird stuff going on.
Speaker 1: You have a majority female jury and they were set to have deliberations yesterday, but the jury four per person has been complaining he's a fella, that he felt he's a fella. He's a fella, they're dames. He's a fella, and he's been complaining this week that he felt bullied. He said, I feel afraid inside there, and apparently there's some stuff going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never heard of this happening where the judge goes go back in the jury room, which they do all the time, when they're saying, we can't decide. We have a mistrial going on. You know, we can't make a decision. He goes, he go back in there, and he goes, Nope, I'm not walking back in that jury room. I'm too frightened. I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: I guess someone told him at one point, they said, you're gonna you're gonna see me outside.
Speaker 4: Go figure that one anyway.
Speaker 2: So they declared a mistrial on that one count, on that rape count, he was convicted of another one and declared innocent of another one or not guilty of another one not innocent, and now they're are prosecutors. Hey, we're going to retry him on this rape trial, just this rape charge. All right, We're done, guys, KFI A M sixty.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show Catch My Show Monday through Friday six
Speaker 2: Am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,