Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time to welcome in miss Lorii, and it is time to talk about our friends at the city.
Speaker 2: Do.
Speaker 3: How are you doing, young lady?
Speaker 4: Look great, I'm doing fabulous as you do. I see you got your ears lowered.
Speaker 3: A little bit. You've stuck it under the old brush off. Yeah, something like that. But no, I tell you what.
Speaker 1: You had the big lighting of the tree and did a lot of people shopping and a lot of people see him saying that and everything.
Speaker 4: Everybody's going downtown for sure.
Speaker 2: Thursday was fun, a little chili, but we had the kids out and the acchoir scene from the high school, Hot Cocoa and Joe Sears put on the production of getting Santa to Magically like that tree.
Speaker 4: So it was pretty cool. It was pretty cood.
Speaker 2: I gotta be outside and see what happened outside this year.
Speaker 4: You know, it was super cold. It was an awesome, awesome moment for our city.
Speaker 1: We have a big thing coming up in the City of Dewey on Saturday night and I'm.
Speaker 4: Happy to be goodness, yes, so me too.
Speaker 2: That will be the city of well, the DCA of the Dewey Civic Association puts on this parade in the city of Dewey and it's pretty crazy. I made a post and over five thousand people have looked at it, and so I mean there's only about thirty five hundred in the.
Speaker 4: City of Dewey. So hey, that's gonna work. That's gonna work.
Speaker 1: Now this parade, I've done this every year since twenty nineteen. And we go up to the balcony of the historic Dewey Hotel and as soon as the sun goes down, the lights come on and it is an evening parade like you've not seen.
Speaker 3: This is all America.
Speaker 1: This is a small town America, but it is America encapsulated in one parade. Sometimes you've had as many as nearly one hundred floats and.
Speaker 4: I got the honor last year of judging.
Speaker 2: Also the picture that I only was able to take one picture, and that was the one straight down down tilet.
Speaker 4: I was sitting down east.
Speaker 2: And this was still sort of setting and the lights are on and it just showed hometown Hallmark card.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it is a Hallmark moment. And we're going to be doing that on K one TV dot com as well as.
Speaker 3: A K one radio on Saturday. Yeah. Right, as soon as the sun goes down, it goes down.
Speaker 2: And from four thirty five thirty we have Santa Is coming back in. Oh yeah, it's for to see all the kids that maybe missed it on the last Thursday.
Speaker 1: You know, every time I go into the hotel, here I am, I'm hauling in all of this brand new broadcast equipment and oh yeah, and well we got to pick it up and carry it, and there's no elevator, and we got to be very careful. But the thing is right soon you walk into those doors, the change of the century heal it to you right there.
Speaker 3: Your wow, it's like about nineteen five or six here, isn't it again?
Speaker 2: I can't to their own horn, but I was hanging out there when I was every other Christmas and every summer, and it still feels just as cool every even being on the working side.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, it's just as cool.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We want people to come in Saturday and do some shopping and really kind of top off to night with the parade.
Speaker 2: Well we have, right, we have a lot of also Thursday that we'll start off with City Sheep Boutiques downtown next to susie Q's Antique Mal she's having a sip and sea and it's starting at five tomorrow. The good it's starting at five tomorrow and that'll be fun.
Speaker 4: Then also miss Susieq.
Speaker 2: She'll have Santa He's got a big day in Dewey on Saturday, because he should probably be hanging out with susie Q's Antique Moon for everybody to hang out and visit with him that might not get to see him before.
Speaker 4: The parade or at the end of the parade when he wraps up. That A wow, that's the time. So that's some cool shopping stuff.
Speaker 2: And I know that we have the Vault, and we have Memi's by tik Mall, we have Linger longer, we have all.
Speaker 4: Those shopping places. Hopefully I didn't miss anybody, but which I'm sure I did. But it's just all downtown. And then of course we have Sproat, you know, spread out. We have also the coffee shop in town and we you know, we have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of other places that that deserves some recognition too.
Speaker 1: We got great restaurants in town. You have some home grown and you have some national change. But by the way, and somebody kind of makes a little bit of both, but it's all the same. It tastes like home beyond beyond.
Speaker 2: I'm hungry, Tom, that's not fair, you know. And I'll drive back into town right now and so Boris will get they'll start in their fryars and they have oh my god, this is cooking beyond garlic salon, show you name it.
Speaker 4: But I'll be good, I'll be good.
Speaker 1: Oh my Well, the town of Dewey really puts it on for for Christmas, but you also put it on all.
Speaker 2: Year long exactly because did you hear about how we are now recognized as a Purple Heart community. Do tell thank you how to bring in mister Whitlock's car to remember that young man's name.
Speaker 4: The honored our city with that.
Speaker 2: Mister Hayes accepted the honor of a course and I got to attend the other day with veterans.
Speaker 4: It was so pretty pretty, uh tear.
Speaker 2: Jerking to see how many still are committed to our country that you know, fought so long ago for us, and the ones that are sit in town. Because we are focusing on not only is our town being recognized, but we're also going to start up a recognizing our veterans of the past and even at the present with these banners that will be hanging downtown that will replace like around a Memorial Day or a Veterans Day, that will replace some of.
Speaker 4: Our local veterans.
Speaker 2: Yes, and my dad is a local veteran, so I will be definitely getting a banner. But we're going to focus on those that you know that are in our town of Dewey and those will be lying in our streets a couple times a year, so there'll be more information on that.
Speaker 4: We'll have get that put out there. But pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Go to the website excuse me City Dewey Facebook and you can see an idea of what we're talking about the banners.
Speaker 3: Pretty good. That's great.
Speaker 4: It's my word of the day.
Speaker 3: I guess it is now.
Speaker 1: I understand that the Lion Park has been going gang busters here.
Speaker 3: Some funds have been coming in.
Speaker 4: Yes, did you talk to my friend.
Speaker 3: Marty briefly just about a week or two ago.
Speaker 2: Well, my friends and Dewey Parks are getting together today for a wonderful Christmas luncheon that I can't make it too. But the things that they have been going these past few weeks have been pretty magnanimous.
Speaker 4: Towards the effect of that. That's that park growing, so are getting started. But did you see the bathrooms? Huh oh, my gosh, it looks like a castle.
Speaker 3: Castle going up.
Speaker 2: That's really cool up exactly, but it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So look we have we have some progress that's showing. So it's there.
Speaker 2: But if you want to check out what we plan on doing, you can go to that archway right there where the tree is lit up and we have a beautiful banner showing you our ideas.
Speaker 3: My goodness sakes, that's going to be great. So when you're there for.
Speaker 1: The prey, might well a little mosey over there a little early and say, wow, look it's coming this summer exactly and takes Everything is getting big out there.
Speaker 2: It's going to slow down a little bit towards Christmas time.
Speaker 4: Yes, we all can focus on.
Speaker 2: Each other, but definitely some fun stuff still going on and happen, especially with the sales all over town for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, I know business is growing out there. You've got that new refinery that's coming in in the springtime.
Speaker 3: That's going to mean some jobs. Yeah, it's going to be like pretty cool stuff.
Speaker 4: So what do you privy on.
Speaker 1: Ton oh, well that they got the okay for the industrial park and they're going to start digging in twenty five and hopefully by about this time next year, hopes will be working in cash and paychecks.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you get that word out right. I know, breaking news, Tom Davis.
Speaker 3: But it's going to be really good. It's fantastic the way that.
Speaker 2: The future of Dewey you know, yes, it's being you know, it's it's going to be broadened with with that kind of refinery coming in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's only one other like it in the world that I understand there where it's a net neutral as far as.
Speaker 2: Right, and we have to you know, it's clean emissions. It's not like everyone believes it looks like in Ponca City.
Speaker 4: Absolutely nothing like that. Clean and green, not clean and green.
Speaker 2: My way of you know, picturing things is think of the beginning of Star Wars when when Luke is eating dinner or supper whatever this family and you look outside and you see all the pods. That is exactly what it looks like. Simple clean and again it's clean emissions. So there's no gas or you know, nothing in the air, nothing, you know, no Aaron Brokovich come to town to take over.
Speaker 1: They're making jet fuel and diesel for for like farm stuff too.
Speaker 3: So whether it flies or whether it drives.
Speaker 2: Pretty extravagant, especially in twenty twenty five, what we can do with with with these things and resources.
Speaker 1: Whenever a business like that comes to town, you know it's got. It starts really having a ripple effect on the local businesses that have established, and sometimes it actually spawns.
Speaker 2: Some businesses more necessity, you know, thy oriented.
Speaker 4: That's it. You got it? Tom? When are you coming to move to Dewey?
Speaker 3: I visit there a lot too.
Speaker 4: I love it. That's some great news. I didn't want to. I'm glad that you said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well it's a good thing, you know.
Speaker 4: And and sounds more professional from you.
Speaker 3: Right. So anyway, big parade is coming up on.
Speaker 2: Saturday, Saturday, but four thirty for Santa five thirty for the parade to start.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, because it's going to be great. Do you have any kind of idea. I know that you get some last minute entries.
Speaker 4: I'll be one.
Speaker 2: I decided I got some leftover candies from the bags from from the lighting, and so we're going to find out something fun.
Speaker 3: To do with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, So we're gonna have involve my dogs somewhere.
Speaker 1: Between seventy five and one hundred floats, and look look for the little.
Speaker 4: Health throwing bags of bells.
Speaker 3: And bags and bags of candy out there and bells.
Speaker 2: There'll be bells you can hear at least when it's coming at you, Sonar.
Speaker 4: I have good ideas, Tom, you great idea.
Speaker 1: You have tons of ideas, and that's why we have you here once here that you just share with all of the fun.
Speaker 3: That's going on here.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you Tom already.
Speaker 1: And now we do have a Facebook page for the City of Doing as well as their their regular website. So if you need to between visits, and if.
Speaker 4: You still want to sign up for the float, yes, just.
Speaker 2: Go into city Hall and they'll help you out, fill out of paper and get your registered and get your number.
Speaker 1: It's not hard if you really want to do this, folks. Yeah, it's not an act of Congress. You're just saying, how do you where do I send?
Speaker 2: And we know what your name is when when you name the float?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: And that way you know some students that's on the radio notes what he's talking about you go flying by there, she is there, she is that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it helps out in the long run. I want to thank you for being with.
Speaker 4: Us today, all right, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: All Right.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be seeing everybody in Dewey in America coming up on Saturday night, beginning at five thirty right here on K one, the one you trust Today I am fourteen hundred FM, ninety three three and ninety five one, Also on k onetv dot com.