Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers, Kenny.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this hot Saturday night here in southern California. You're Los Angeles Dodgers. Eighty four wins on this season, first place atop the NL West. After dropping the series opener last night, the Dodgers looked to shake this little mini two game losing streak as they take on the Cleveland Guardians tonight. The Dodgers give the ball the Ryan Brazier as the opener justin Rubleski. We expect to see get a bulk of the Indians afterwards. First pitch from Dodger Stadium on Evan Phillips Bobblehead Night is coming up at six ' ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Don't forget we have your chance to win sweet tickets in he'sench Sweet Life Challenge that's coming up in thirty minutes. We're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Get the latest on ti Oscar Hernandez with an injury report. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Veasse goes one on one with Landing Neck. We got your Dodgers' magical Mormon. In just a few minutes, we'll set it out to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday out the Kalvin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, last night at the Ravine, it was a pitchers duel that didn't end.
Speaker 3: Well for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Landing Knack got to start the right hander with his best outing of the season by far. He didn't allow a hit until the fifth inning. In the sixth he allowed a leadoff single two bautes later, he did make a mistake.
Speaker 4: Next pitch swung on well, hit to right. That's going back. He's at the track, He looks up at the wall, leaps and it's gone. Home run for Andres Jimenez, and Cleveland strikes first here in the sixth inning with a two run homer from Jimenez.
Speaker 5: Two nothing guardians Andres Jimenez.
Speaker 2: The two run shot Dodgers down but not out. In the bottom of the inning, the Dodgers got one of those runs back thanks to shoot Heytani.
Speaker 4: The swings hits a high fly to gold the center in deep going back lane, Thomas, He's at.
Speaker 6: The track, He's at the wall. There's number forty five home run Old Tony Well, what a show? Otny with home run number forty.
Speaker 1: Five and RBI number one, one hundred and.
Speaker 7: It's two to one.
Speaker 3: That is the top tier play of the game.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for a less show. Hey Otani with home run number forty five. Dodgers, though still down two to one, Landonnack would go the sixth, and he's turned it over to Daniel Hudson, who pitched to scoreless seventh. Anthony Bonda got tagged for a home run in the eighth. Dodgers down three to one, they loaded the basis of the one out. In the bottom of the eighth, Otani single bets double. Freddie Freeman intentionally walked. Dodgers had something going with Chris Taylor, who replaced Teoscar Hernandez, grounding into a double play to end the threat that Dodgers will go quietly in the ninth as the Guardians win it. Last night three to one at night in which the Dodgers struggled at the play, which is six hits, only three times they have runners in scoring position.
Speaker 3: They couldn't come through there in the eighth.
Speaker 2: With the lost Dodgers now eighty four and fifty seven on the season, they're leading the division now four games over the Padres. Going into play tonight, and they give the ball to it opener Ryan Brazier on the mound for the Dodgers, getting two of this three game set. First pitch is six ten and with more We head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, All right, Tim getting ready for the second game of this three game series. Last night, the Guardians three to one winners over the Dodgers. The Guardians right now have a four and a half game lead in the American League Central Division. They're in eighty one and sixty. The Dodgers at eighty four and fifty seven have a four game lead on second place San Diego. So where did the Dodgers stand MO with the now down to the last twenty one games of the regular season, Dodgers eleven at home and ten on the road.
Speaker 9: Well, I think, Charlie, there's a couple of things that are really brewing, and it may have gotten a little bit brighter today. Earlier today we saw Clayton Kershaw, who had to leave that outing he went on the injured list. We saw him throwing in the outfield and throwing with some pretty good gusto. Tyler Glass now had a bullpen session a little bit earlier this afternoon, and Yoshinobu Yamamoto also had a bullpen session. He is scheduled to start on Wednesdays, so hopefully getting some people back, because if you look at the Dodgers' pitching staff, in particular the starters they have had to use because of injuries, seventeen different starting pitchers. Only only two teams have used more, and their last place teams, that being the Angels in the Marlins.
Speaker 8: It's fascinating when Dave Roberts has asked the other day what does your rotation look like in the postseason? Essentially he said, well, we know we have one, we just don't know who's going where and what exactly.
Speaker 9: And in the meantime, Justin Robleski is was scheduled to start, Well, it's going to be Ryan Brazier who will open things up tonight. He worked the flawless ninth inning last night against the Cleveland ball club. And one thing about Cleveland, they may not be the highest hitting team as far as average or run scored or maybe even home runs. They're kind of in the middle of the back. But what they wound up doing, I just got to snapshot of it last night. They really shortened the game because of an excellent bullpen. And you've got to get Cleveland within the first six or seven innings or your goose is cooked.
Speaker 8: Cleveland has the lowest er out of the bullpen in baseball, and the Dodgers found that out the hard way last night.
Speaker 7: Yeah they did.
Speaker 9: And tonight, you know, a little bit of a change in the lineup. Will Smith not going to start. Austin Barnes will be behind the plate, he'll bat in the nine spot. Andy Pahz is going to get the start in left field. T Oscar Hernanez unfortunately his first at bat last night, bottom of the first inning, hit by a pitch left ankle, top of the left foot. He had to leave immediately. And so the Dodgers playing a little shorthanded, Tommy Edmond again there in center field, and Max Munsey is going to be a third and Monsey will bat in the number four spot.
Speaker 8: So it's a fascinating lineup that Dave Roberts has put together tonight. We'll get to it in greater detail a little bit later on. So tonight is going to be Ryan Brazier the opener. How far he goes, we'll all find out together, and the Cleveland Ball Club, Gavin Williams will make the start for them. We'll get to the pitching matchups a little later on in the hour. It's the Dodgers and the Guardians, game two of the three game series, and it's a war one a Dodgers stadium flirting with triple digits as we get ready to play.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Charlie's. We call you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We're gonna check in with David Vase. We're gonna have your chance to win sweet tickets and he's InChI Sweet Life Challenge. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next to your Otani. Rewind and we'll visit with Kirsen Watson for Sports Net LA. We'll lead you up to Dodgers and Guardians on this Saturday night. It's a hot one. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Cleveland Guardians, Game two of this three game weekend set. Ryan Brazier will be the opener for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up at sixteen. This is the three why.
Speaker 4: The swings hits a high fly Dolli center in deep going back lane.
Speaker 6: Thomas, he's at the track, He's at the wall. There's number forty five.
Speaker 7: Run, Old Tony.
Speaker 6: Well, what a show, Oldtony with home run number forty five and RBI number.
Speaker 4: One hundred oh one. Pitch swings Onny drills it to right. That ball is gonna get down for a base.
Speaker 3: Hit showe Hey. O'tani goes two for four.
Speaker 2: His forty fifth home run is one hundredth rbi as he gets closer and closer in his pursuit of fifty fifty Otani rewind brought to you by ito An Tooyotcha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showey Otani loves and drinks at your local DISO stores Amazon at eto win dot com. That's it, O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirson now joins s before the Dodgers and Guardians on this Saturday night and Kirson, the Dodgers avoided a possible disaster with thee Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 10: They really did last night. I think everyone was holding their breath watching him come out of the game, so really not really able to put too much weight on that foot either. Then when he actually left the stadium last night, we saw him leaving from the clubhouse in a walking boot. So as much as the ex rays were negative, there was Dave Roberts even said, you know, the concern level is a bit high. So the fact that he came in today he got an MRI as well as ct SCAN came in today moving a bit better still, kind of like a little gingerly, but definitely moving and walking a little bit better. The swelling started to go down. There's no structural damage, which is huge. Even he said that he thought it was going to be worse, and so we thought, maybe, you know, you don't want to say it, but like there's a chance if it's structural damage, then his season's over, just considering where we're at right now. So he was definitely incredibly grateful. So what the next steps look like for him or he is going to have tomorrow up to today down tomorrow, he's going to try to pick back up with running and some baseball activity, and then he's really hopeful that he could back in the lineup five Monday or Tuesday. So definitely, it's just amazing news in regard to Taioscar in its because he's obviously been such an impact on this team offensively and even what he's been doing in left field.
Speaker 2: How about more good news Tyler Glass now Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 3: What's the latest of the two Dodger starters.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so first with tier Glass. Now, he threw a bullpen today, his first one since being placed on the il. He threw all fastballs. Dave Roberts that the stuff is coming out of his hands really good and really sharp. So what's next for him is going to be another bullpen, which is probably gonna be early next week, in which he will throw his full pitch mix. Then from there they can start having the conversations of sim gain and then rehab starts there is they're trying to figure out just how built up he could get, just considering what the calendar looks like and when the minor league season ends and getting him back to the big least to repair him for October and stuff. So they'll see kind of how that plays out, so there is a chance he could be returning only being built up to maybe two or three. Then with Clayton Kershaw, he's been still moving his arm, which I think is probably the most important thing. But right now he still can't put too much weight on that left foot in that big toe, so he's kind of in and out of a walking boot. There are times you'll see him wearing it whenever he's on the fields. He's not usually wearing it when he's been playing catch. Most of the times that I have seen him, he's been throwing on his knees. The biggest thing is just being able to put that weight on his legs. So once he's able to do that, they'll have a better idea. The inflammation is still there, so they're kind of waiting for that to go down a little bit more. So there's not too The fact that he's just moving his arm is a good sign. But until that he can put a little bit more weight on his foot and things like that, then they'll have a better understanding as to what his timeline could be, because that's the biggest thing. Like once he feels like the pain in his foot from the pressure once and he can start running and things like that. But he just had to go to that point at But page's moving his arms at least. Hey, that's good news just because it's going to put him in a better position when it's.
Speaker 7: Time to return.
Speaker 3: I hope for that return is soon, Kirsten.
Speaker 2: We appreciate what check out with you after the game, Dodger fans, and the hands you're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on deck. David Bassey will go one on one with Landing Neck of NEXO in injury report, and we'll here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Guardians on this Saturday night. First pitch is six ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Were I'll go Casino Dodgers on deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch on this hot Saturday night here in southern California. I hope you can stay cool and enjoy some Dodgers Baseball. Dodgers and Guardians Maroano Casino Resort and spy a Grand Slam, four good times.
Speaker 3: Ryan Brazier is the opener.
Speaker 2: Justin Robleski will follow Gavin Williams on the mound for the Guardians first pitch of six ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, ta Oscar Hernandez hip By pitch in the right ankle last night, MRI and scans came back negative.
Speaker 3: That is good.
Speaker 2: He is day to day, hopefully going to return to the lineup in the next series. Gavin Stone on the IL with the right shoulder inflammation. Clayton Kershaw, as Cursten alluded to, on the IL with the turf toe, is continuing to throw, as is Tyler glasnow Moron glassnow coming up with David Vasse and Moron Bruce Dark Graderal who was on a minor league rehab assignment in OKC but could be close to returning here. For the Dodgers, Yoshinobiyamamoto, he's scheduled to come off the IL in the next series. All right, let's head back out to Dodgers Stadium and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything question do you Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 11: He's keeping his arm moving, which is good, but he's still got to be able to really use his backside to have the stuff play up and to be good. Because if he's not able to do what he's what he needs to do and not be good, it just doesn't matter anyway. So it's it's got to heal up. The swallowing has got to subside, and then he's got to get off a mound and see that the stuff is playing.
Speaker 7: Still. Walling's got to stay.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but it's not as tender as it as it was in Arizona, but it's still bothering.
Speaker 10: Does the plan today still for Justin lest me to come out of the whole pen behind my brazier and take down both.
Speaker 11: Of the innings or he's in the and he'll pitch when the phone rings for his name to be called. But I don't know when that is or how long that's going to be. You know, for me, I'm just looking at who's available tonight, and it doesn't need to be just and Taken on the ball. It could be, but you know, we're going to do it at whatever we can to win this game.
Speaker 10: Is this a role that you're I guess trying to kind of prepare him for just a case there's a potential opportunity for him down the line in a.
Speaker 11: Situation like this, I think it's good for him to uh to do this role. Certainly we ve him as a starter, but you know, to be able to come out of the pen to get some outs two some innings if if needed. I think that's good for his great so I don't think there's any downside to that. But obviously with this year, with obviously all the things that have kind of transpired, I don't think anyone can say what role you know he's going to be locked into. So this is again, this is just a good opportunity for him.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a tightening in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with the David vesse So leading you up to first pitch on this Saturday night, Dodgers and Guardians. I'm sim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's some Dodgers in Cleveland Guardians. Ryan Brazier is the opener. Gavin Williams goes for Cleveland first pitch at six ' ten. The umpire crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV saw some good news for Taoscar Hernandez as far as that hit by pitch last night, no damage.
Speaker 3: Hell, you back hopefully soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as you've heard earlier in the show, Taoscar Hernandez had some skins. They came back negative. And the way Dave Roberts was talking after the game last night, he made it sound like Taoscar Hernandez was out for the season. But Taoscar Hernandez showed up at Dodgers Stadium today, no boot on. I saw him today in flip flops. He was not limping. He was in great spirits. And in some ways the Dodgers dodged a bullet because he is planning on playing on Monday or Tuesday when the Cubs are in town. So that's great news. And I saw it with my own eyes. Tim no issues with him walking around, and he told us earlier today that he's not going on the IL and is confident that his left foot is going to respond. Compound that with the fact that he has a very high pain tolerance. That's great news for the Dodgers, who have Teoscar Hernandez with twenty eight home runs and eighty something RBIs the second most on the team. His mere presence behind the three MVPs are a complete difference maker.
Speaker 3: Dam last night.
Speaker 2: What did Dino Ebel hold show Otani last night in the eighth inning?
Speaker 5: Well, when I saw Dino earlier today, I walked up to him and I said, ah, you must be upset with me, because he said, why did you say I should have sent Otani? I said, that's exactly what I said, you should have sent Otani. He said, all right, let me explain it to you. How am I supposed to know Stephen Kwan is not going to come up with the ball cleanly in the left field corner by the time Otani is coming towards me.
Speaker 3: I already had the.
Speaker 5: Stop sign on when Kwan started to fumble the ball around, and I can't tell Otani all of a sudden to put on the after burners after I held him up. There's obviously the injury at play, so he was kind enough to go through it with me, and that was his thought process on why he did not send Otani. But I still felt like he could have been aggressive right there, and I don't think he thought. Neither did the Dodgers that Steven Boat would walk Freddie Freeman intentionally with first base open. And what it comes down to is Chris Taylor to do his job and he hit into an inning ending double play.
Speaker 2: The CT three's got delivered there. David was driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours. With the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this market only be called f one fifty Bruce dr Geraderol DV.
Speaker 3: How close is he coming back?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 7: How about this?
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts said in his pregame press conference that depending on how this game's go, this game goes tonight, Bruce dar Graderol could be activated as soon as tomorrow, And if he's not activated tomorrow, maybe on Monday. And as I was walking back upstairs, who did I run into with his luggage? The one and only Bruce Stark ruderol who was coming back from Oklahoma City, and he had a huge smile on his face. As you remember, he was helped off the field. The Dodgers again thought it was season ending. Turns out to be just a Grade one handstring strain and the Bazooka will be back tomorrow or Monday.
Speaker 2: Dave Real Quick Tyler Glasnow's bullpen session today, what do we take away from this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, watched it, watched him throw all fastballs. It was twenty five plus pitches, and he came out of it feeling good. He's going to throw another one on Tuesday. It's going to be a bullpen where he throws all of his pitches. So he's on track and conceivably could come back with about two starts to go in the regular season.
Speaker 3: That'd be awesome to get him back then, DV appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We'll check back with you just a little bit coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have the Zenchy Sweet Life challenge.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear from Landonnac, who pitched really well last night for the Dodgers. Will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Charlie and Rick will get you those keys to the game. But I'm next your Dodgers Magical Moment mean you have to Dodgers and Guardians on this Saturday night.
Speaker 3: First pitch is sixten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Guardians.
Speaker 2: Dodgers first place a top the NL West, Guardians first place atop the AL Central.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: Who wants hot? It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Tills.
Speaker 2: We go back to June fourteenth, twenty seventeen, the Dodgers in Cleveland for a series. The night before, the Dodgers would come back and win it off all star reliever on Andrew Miller. Well, the next day, June fourteenth, twenty seventeen, the Dodgers did it again.
Speaker 3: This time key Ky Hernandez Miller out.
Speaker 7: Of the stretch and the pitch bly ball right field heading back at the wall.
Speaker 12: It's carrying and it's gone, a pinch hit home run for Kei k Hernandez on consecutive nights. Miller gives up a lightening home run and the Dodgers take a three.
Speaker 7: To two lead.
Speaker 2: Kei ky Hernanez to go ahead eight home run in the eighth Innian Is The Dodgers come back and beat Andrew Miller for a second straight night. This Hafey magical moment brought to you by a Haffey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years of missit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase cravelicious haffe hot Dogs. Who wants to live this sweet life in a Dodger game eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy You tell me which player will make the fresh play of the game, and if you're correct, you're gonna get two sweet tickets to a Dodger game to hang out in the a FI seventy LA Sports Sweet courtesy of zench Sweet Sushi.
Speaker 3: It's the best.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Rick Monday as well, and we got the Sweet Life Challenge that's next right here, as we lead up to Dodgers and Guardians of Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network its Morongo Casino, Dodgers On, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Guardians. Ryan Brazier is the opener. Gavin Williams will go for Cleveland first pitch coming up in six ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchy Sweet Light Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenchy Sweet all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have our contestants ready to go. You just tell me the fresh player of the game who will be tonight. If you're correct, you're gonna win two tickets to watch a Dodger game in the AFI seven E LA Sports Suite.
Speaker 3: Mike, you are first up. Mike, what is your guests?
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go with Mookie Betts in the seventh.
Speaker 3: All right, just Mookie Bets. That is good enough.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. Mike Isabelle is he? You're our next contestant?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 11: Is he?
Speaker 1: Hi, ik sure, Hey show.
Speaker 3: Hey O Tawny.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: Good luck to Izzy and Mike.
Speaker 2: They are contestants tonight in the zench Sweet Live Challenge presented by zen She handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game at Ralph's and other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still to come, We're gonna get you the keys of the gable. Dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but first.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick, the temperatures have cooled a bit, but certainly the Dodgers can't worry about that. They gotta find a way to get some wins.
Speaker 9: One has come and gone after the Dodger Ball Club still leading the Western Division, as are the Cleveland Guardians. So yeah, two first place teams again here tonight. A little bit different to pitching change. We've told that Justin Rowski was going to start, well he's not exactly going to start. It's going to be Ran Brazier would come on, little hot thing walking in the stadium today at two twenty Ryan Brazier, who is going to be the quote unquote opener.
Speaker 7: He will go the first inning. He was throwing him in the outfield.
Speaker 9: That's normally not something that you see, but I think he just wants to stand the same pattern.
Speaker 7: That he does.
Speaker 9: And the relief pitchers have a throw if you will well before the ballgame and then be ready for the game itself. So for Brazier, he'll get the opening nod tonight. And he closed out the ninth inning last night in very fine fashion.
Speaker 5: He's been pretty good since coming back from the IL, and he's pitched multiple innings, so it's conceivable he could pitch more than one tonight.
Speaker 9: Speaking of very good, I was listening to the postgame show last night and Steve, I believe, was the gentleman who called in and paid you some very nice compliments that I would like to also expand upon, because he said, thank you for the job you do and the time that you spend in order to get all of the inside story. And I was driving the car at the time, and I agree one hundred percent of what he said.
Speaker 7: And what else, No, that's it, I know, that's it. You were waiting for the other shoe to drop, weren't you. Yeah, it certainly was. No, no, no, it was nice. Rick.
Speaker 9: I had to stop and I was listening for a while. I had some friends here so able to visit with them during the drone and the fireworks show, which is always you know, those are big, big deals and for those people that have not experienced it, it's really something to see. The electronics behind the drone show is mind boggling.
Speaker 5: What takes place, all right, maybe it's mind boggling to a lot of people. During the broadcast yesterday, you relayed the message Terry Francona sent to you. Why do you and the former Guardian manager and Red Sox manager and Phillies manager have such a tight connection that he would think of you during a Dodgers Guardian's game.
Speaker 9: That part I was flabbergasted in understanding, because you know the electronic highway that we have. You received something from the locker room of the Guardians. The locker room the Guardians received something from Terry Francona. So it kind of goes back. The last year that Terry's dad, Tito Francona, played in major leagues was within the Oakland A's and I got to know Tito as a young kid myself, I think I was twenty and Terry Francona, I believe was like fourteen, and he would come to the ballpark with his dad before the games, and the opening line in the afternoon was I would go to him if he happened to be at the ballpark that day and say, hey kid, you want to play catch? And the answer was always and we had great time in just doing it, and that's how that's how it began. And then as a player, I watched him and unfortunately he had the knee injuries and the surgeries itself. Otherwise he was a terrific hitter at outfielder in the first basement, primarily first based on top of that, especially after the knee problems, and we just got along. In fact, you accompanied me into Francona's office a couple of different times when we were in Cleveland, and the fun time that I told you a little bit about it, as we're going down into the belly of the building, if you will, into the locker room and into his office, and I gave you a little insight and he did not see us coming in, and all I said was, hey, kid, do you want to play catch, and he knew instantly who it was. There's a lot of respect there and a lot of love because the family. His dad was just a jewel of a human being, as is Terry Francona.
Speaker 5: So this goes back even when you were broadcasting Dodger games and he was managing the Phillies in the late nineties, Right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I would tell him is that, hey, you understand a lot of times I'm second guessing you up there, and he would laugh and everything else. But he became a very good manager because he's a people person and he understands people, and he understands that we're all frail at different times, and we all need at times an armor around our back or shoulders, or a pat on the back or something like that, and sometimes you need a boot that's well placed.
Speaker 5: One day, I'm going to do nine degrees of Rick Monday because I feel like we could go on and on, because there are some players and people in this game nobody would ever imagine have a connection.
Speaker 7: To Rick Monday. Well, yeah, it'll be a small crowd.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Rick, I'm part of that tree too.
Speaker 7: We'll set it back to you. It's the limb we cut off see.
Speaker 5: I stayed a little bit too long.
Speaker 7: Tim, We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: You overstand your welcome to v Dodger fans. Start your future to California Community College. Financial aid to help available to help you with tuition folks, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Charlie and Rick Lo have those keys to the game. But up next we go high in Thailand, landon neck Man. He pitched well last night Dodgers, though lost the opener to the Guardians. Back at it tonight, Game two of this three game weekend series. First pitch of six ten of Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers play host to the Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 2: Ryan Brasier will be the opener for the Dodgers. Gavin Williams will go for the Guardians. We'll dive deeper into these pitching matchups coming up. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, there's only one place to go, the best Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Their rank number one in all of California for pediatric care by the right doctor.
Speaker 3: It's c HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 5: We are inside the Dodger Clubhouse. It's a great college football Saturday, landon Nack last night, starting Pitcher is joining us right now. Pretty fun ending to Notre Dame in Northern Illinois. There were a lot of Northern Illinois fans in here.
Speaker 13: Yeah, obviously you always enjoy seeing the upsets and on Saturdays, and.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, that was a fun one.
Speaker 5: You did not go to Tennessee. But since your college doesn't really have a football team, you're all in with the Bolls.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're We're not exactly a powerhouse over there. It's been a couple of years since our old coach retired and then now we're kind of been kind of stuck in the middle. So yeah, we've all but we've always been Tennessee fans since I was a little kid, so we've always root for the balls.
Speaker 5: Do you remember going to a college football game there? Who was the first Tennessee quarterback you ever saw play?
Speaker 7: Team Martin.
Speaker 13: I'm trying to think who was the first one I saw play?
Speaker 2: The one?
Speaker 13: I mean, obviously, like whenever I was in high school and stuff, it wass was like the main guy I watched a ton when I was younger. I don't exactly remember who the young young guys were, but but yeah, Josh Dobbs was probably like the guy I remember watching the most.
Speaker 5: Games of I'm gonna show him my age as an eighth grader, I saw Peyton Manning play at the Rose Bowl against UCLA.
Speaker 13: Yeah, obviously Peyton is Knoxville Royalty. Yeah, they go crazy for him anytime he comes around. He's still a big part of the program out there, and so yeah, obviously we love Peyton.
Speaker 5: Landon Neck is our guest after Northern Illinois and Kevin Kiermier are victorious here at the Dodger Clubhouse. Landon last night, you obviously did what you've done all season long and pitch pitch well and get the job done when you look back at your season, how have you been able to navigate all this?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean it's it's really just like trying to to kind of take care of what you can take care of. Like obviously it's as you kind of go back and forth a little bit, it's hard to like not kind of like think about where you want to be and think about other things, and so it's trying to kind of just stay focused, do what you continue to do all the time, and just like take advantage of the opportunities that you get when you're up here.
Speaker 5: Last night, you used all four of your pitches.
Speaker 7: Is that how you do it?
Speaker 5: When get When land and Nak is successful, do you use all four the way you were using.
Speaker 7: Him last night? Absolutely?
Speaker 13: Yeah, No, when I'm at my best, yeah, all four available at any any counts, any situation.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, whenever I kind of can especially.
Speaker 13: Land the land curve ball early and be able to get the offspeed in there early to get ahead in the count, it just kind of sets up everything else that I do. And so yeah, no, absolutely, last night is kind of what we're what we're looking.
Speaker 5: For in this day and age of pitchers chasing velocity and spin ray do you feel like you're a little underrated in how you go about things because it's not like you throw lukewarm. You got ninety five heater coming at guys to go with your other three secondary pitches. How does Land and Nak fit into this landscape and get noticed to be this guy to get this opportunity?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I feel I feel like I've always been a guy who just knows how to pitch. I kind of learned how to throw harder later on in my career, so like whenever I was in college, I didn't exactly throw gas until kind of really the end of college and then so I've always been somebody though who just before that just knew how to pitch. And so it's really just continuing to showcase that and kind of make like changing speeds, getting people back, like of off the heater, and then just just mixing.
Speaker 5: Well, you're one of the few young pitchers that understands that you can change speeds by throwing fastballs, maybe putting a little extra, taking a little off. Where did you learn that?
Speaker 13: It's just kind of always been something I've done for a long time. I feel like, I mean I was I didn't I had to kind of learn how to deal with less on the fastball whenever I was younger, and so it's really just kind of just learning how to pitch and just understanding like changing speeds with different things, including your fastball, is a big piece of success.
Speaker 5: All right, Landon, thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you back out here. Did you show up in a Bentley yesterday for your start?
Speaker 13: Normal car for yesterday and nothing too crazy this time.
Speaker 5: Hey, you got a good agent that treated you in first class style. Thanks a lot for the time and always great to see you and always appreciate how candid you are.
Speaker 7: With your answers.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you man mature beyond his years, land and Neck, way more mature than I am. We'll send it back to you in the studio, tim, all.
Speaker 3: Right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball has brought you by our friends and Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast went.
Speaker 3: Into game night.
Speaker 2: It's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Cleveland Guardians. Next, we'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: Leaning up to Dodgers and Guardians on this Saturday night. First pitch coming up at six.
Speaker 1: Ten, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers, turning your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all nude twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Gavin Williams on the mound three and seven with a four to fifty five ERA. The twenty five year old right hander a first round pick in twenty twenty one out of East Carolina, his second year of the big leagues. He started the year off, though on the il with elbow inflammation. Did make his first start until the end of June, making his thirteen start this season last time out, seven innings, one run, six strikeouts in a win over the Royals. He's had an awful month of August, though, so last time out was good. Here in September, but in August five starts one in four with a six fifty six ERA. Ryan Brazier is the opener for the Dodgers one to oh the three thirty eight era. The thirty seven year old reliever will make his twenty third appearance tonight, his second start as an opener. We expect to see a lot of Justin Robleski at some point point. Dave Roberts didn't allude to win, but we expect to see the twenty four year old left hander, the eleventh round pick out of Oklahoma State in twenty twenty one, his fourth stent now at the Dodgers. He was called up yesterday. He has made seven starts in the big leagues. Last time out for the Dodgers at the major league level, well, he was roughed up a little bit ten runs on ten hits over five and a third Indians in a loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks on the last road trip. Tonight would be his first time facing the Cleveland Guardian. So Ryan Brasier is the opener. We expect to see Justin Robluski at some point and Gavin Williams, the young right hander on the mound for the Guardians. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy caash dot comerce stop in in LA area, Speedy Cash Store. Dodgers Guardians. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game with Rick and Charlie are next. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Guardians on this Saturday nights, Game two of this three game set. Justin Roobleski will get the ball at some point after. Ryan Brazier is the opener for the Dodgers, second time this year he's done that. Young right hander Gavin Williams on the mound for Cleveland. The Guardians come in eighty one and sixty first place in the AL Central, a four and a half game lead over the Kansas City Royals. Dodgers eighty four and fifty seven first place atop the NL West. They're leading the division just four games over the Padres, who are in action right now down in San Diego, taking on the Giants, and when you know it, the Padres have a two to nothing lead in the top half of the second inning the Arizona Diamondbacks, by the way, I've already lost in Houston. They get beat by the Astros eleven to five. So going into this one right now, the Dodgers currently a six game lead over Arizona and at the moment a four game lead over the Padres, who just continue to keep on winning. All right, Dodger fans and Hanser listening to the experience by downloading the iHeartRadio up and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelos Lacare dot Org. Let's head back out to the booth, Charlie Rick, guys.
Speaker 8: As the Dodgers and the Guardians get ready for the second game of this three game series. It's another warm one here at Dodgers Stadium. Gavin Williams will make the start for Cleveland and tonight at least making the opener the start such that it is Ryan Brazier for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: And for Brazier, he worked.
Speaker 9: The flawless ninth inning in last night's ballgame, faced only three batters struck out one of the three, so he needs to hand over a clean slate to Justin Robleski who will take over. And for Robleski, he got taken to task Sunday over in Phoenix against Arizona. Dodgers had to keep him in the ballgame, unfortunately because of injuries in a short staff, but he went five and a third ten runs on ten hits. One thing about it, Robska needs to be able to have better success first pitch thrown. We'll talk about a little bit later on sixty four average in first pitches thrown to hitters this year.
Speaker 8: What do we know about Gavin William Well.
Speaker 9: He's kind of a different guy from what anyone has seen lately over the last three years. The reason is this year in spring training he add at a cut fastball. It has worked out splendidly because against that particular pitch, the cutter just a one thirty batting average against. He's another guy too, He needs to get ahead in the count. When he gets a head below two hundred average, he falls behind in the count. It's almost three forty.
Speaker 8: Lineups in first pitch, coming up.
Speaker 2: All right, first pitch is next. Dodgers and Guardians. David Vessey's got you covered on the postgame show when this one is over and Joint. I'm sim Katese has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm Los Angeles Dodgers audio Networking