Speaker 1: It is The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. I'm very excited for the last half hour of the show today. We got some good stuff, including Christina's very excited about something that's coming to Netflix and she'll tell you all about it coming up here in about twenty minutes or so. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Ben.
Speaker 1: Since week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor ktth on tweets, here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. For a couple of stories, I want to get to. A wild story finally came to its conclusion this morning. Trevor McEwan was a murder suspect and he was supposed to appear in court for his trial back in early May. So the morning of his trial he was not being you know, he was out though he was out on bell but you know, ankle monitor and all that stuff. So morning that he's supposed to go and try it's supposed to begin, he snaps off his ankle monitor and disappears. And they've been looking for him for about a month now. I've been back when this happened. It was one of those stories like Okay, we'll do this on the show, and she didn't have time to get to it. There's a fugitive. We had to do a fart story. Yeah, it broke off is you know, it's like as not the most fun thing.
Speaker 2: But by the.
Speaker 1: Way, have you ever seen one of those ankle monitors? Like how hard is it to snap that FROs? Like it's hard to do? But I don't I don't know. He had, you know, a free man, I guess sort of, you know he had. Here's what he was charged with killing and killing his neighbor over in forty It was not forty k though. It was a man by the name of Aaron Martinez. They say he was shot more than fifteen times. What the hell that's Yeah, So rather than go to his trial like he's supposed to, he takes the ankle monitor off and he's gone away and then he's now a top ten you know fugitive in Texas and rank him for some reason. Always weird.
Speaker 2: They usually do it by height.
Speaker 1: Used to put them on these little newspapers too. They used to see this at the gas station when I was a kid going with my grandpa and they'd have the America's most Wanted list on these little papers at the station. How much the small town stuff. But maybe in the big town they do it at the post office. Okay, yeah, yeah, Like anytime you would walk into a post office they would have the most one.
Speaker 2: Crazy. But this morning he was found at a residence in van Zant County. Is that right?
Speaker 1: You know? Van Zant's west of Tyler, Eastern taryrel directly east of out He was still close.
Speaker 2: He didn't get very far.
Speaker 1: Brother, if you're gonna take the time to snap off your ankle monitor get out of the state, well, go ahead.
Speaker 2: My parents live in van Zant County.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of land out there, so he was probably trying to hide out in some barn or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm not horrible staying in a barn. Do yeah? Van Zant County have anything to do with towns van Zant? I don't know, man, Come on, dude.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, So he had been gone for a month. He snapped off his ankle monitor and made it about forty five minutes away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Honestly, though, if you make it out of the side of that five day window, you're not thinking to look at you though, they're not really thinking to look here, They're they're spreading out.
Speaker 2: Don't you go to Mexico? Maybe he was confused, Maybe he doesn't know direction like we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well all you gotta do is look where the sun sets. Man, what's this guy doing instead of South?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What a moron? Tough deal there? What if they cut him?
Speaker 1: He was doing some good charity work though, he was doing like a good deed. Theyll time served. Other story though. Last night some storms kind of popped up over in fort Worth, little South Fortworth.
Speaker 2: In Benbrook even.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and these are stories I just think of as you know, a kid when we went to the lake a lot. I don't go to lake anymore. Have been the lake in a long time, claiming to be a lake kid? No, no, no, yeah, growing up, yeah, that's all the time, Monster trucks and lakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well yeah, jealous, Christina was what was?
Speaker 1: I had to like use my friend's pools all the time because that's all we had. But your friends had pools, yes, I know, I know you guys in your country life.
Speaker 2: We had to go to the city pool where there's a urine everywhere.
Speaker 1: Uh So there's some storms that came in and there was a lightning near Benbrook at this place called Mustang Park, Okay, in fourteen people were injured. Now the story goes they were trying to hold down or something. Some groups of people were trying to hold down a canopy, Okay, and oh yeah, yeah, yeah, those are made out of iron metal, you know. Yeah. But I was also thinking this is a thing, and I don't I did a little research on this before the show, but I don't think it's clear. You know, the boats all come in when there's lightning or storm's coming. You got to get off the water because if lightning strikes the water. We were told as kids that you would be struck if you were in the lake when the water when the lightning struck the water, and then you know, the currents would electrocute you and you die right then and there. But and I just don't know if that's true or not. I think that Okay, now it's time for people to act like they know something that they don't know. Wouldn't the body the bigger the body of water is the less likelihood it could carry all, like I get it, like a swimming pool or something, or you know, if like if you were like in one of those houses that didn't have roofs and you're in the bathtub and the lightning came into the bathtub. But I don't know, like a lake really, like if I'm on the other side of the lake and lightning strikes it, Like, wouldn't that kill every fish in the lake.
Speaker 2: If that exactly what I was gonna say, it would kill everything in it. Well, let me tell you about a quick story Lake Texomach. I'll take thirty seconds. Definitely under the age of eight.
Speaker 1: Papaull, Buddy, Uncle Jim, cousin Jimmy, we're going out fishing. We got a little too far away from the camp site, maybe went to the other way, other side of the lake. Now, I contend it was a situation where everyone was just trying to get away from their wife.
Speaker 2: But I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm too young to know, right, I get back Nana, my mom. There's like panic because a big storm had hit and we'd gone through the storm back and they're like hugging me like they like I died and they.
Speaker 2: Were never gonna see you again.
Speaker 1: And I gotta tell you, Papaul, Buddy and Uncle Jim got an ash chewing the size of Texas.
Speaker 2: Is that right? It scarred in my brain forever.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is papau Buddy one or two people? One? Okay, Papa Buddy. That is a badass name. It is, I guess Buddy Knocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you said Pa Pauw Buddy, get this. Yeah, he's Buddy Knox. Uncle Jim is Jim Reeves. Buddy Knocks and Jim Reeves were country music singers in the sixties. Okay, And what if you merge them together and they became Jim Knox. It's the Bin and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next. Let's deal a little TV talk with our homegirl, Christina. That's right here on the Eagle now