Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Games Mornings presented by MSI with me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about what Nintendo could have in store for its longest direct ever, and Capcom is gearing up to blitz the switch to with its games. It's gonna be a good one because we have Mike Minati on this show. Mike, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Doing fantastic?
Speaker 3: Jeff in Nintendo Direct announcement day is always exciting. I'm shocked they would do it so close to the Acclaim showcase.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They're also going to take all of the oxygen out of the room, but I'm still pretty excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I'll find some room in my heart for Nintendo, even though, of course first love always is going to be a claim in uh double Jjeff, Jarrett, we're are we talking over that? That's tomorrow? Is that today?
Speaker 2: That's today?
Speaker 1: Baby? That's today? Oh I'm so excited. I can hardly sit still.
Speaker 2: That will be Could you forget it's today?
Speaker 1: At two? Of course, I just didn't want to believe I could live in such a beautiful world where the acclaiming direct was happening today. That's too amazing for me. Yeah, well, I guess we'll talk over that. That's going to be a fun time. We'll find out what they have to say. We'll talk about this Nintendo direct as well. But Mike, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: Also, before people freak out, because that's normally a Blake Club time slow, we're doing Blake Club earlier today because of the acclaim directs. So Blake Club is happening noon eastern nine am Pacific, basically right after game that morning is probably a little bit of a break, but yes, so don't worry. You'll still be blighted plenty today. I'm great, Jeff, you know, playing a lot of Soak Song and having an amazing time with that. Close to the end of Mogasol Adulta, I made a very mature choice yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was almost at what I think is the end of the game.
Speaker 3: What I remember is the end because like I basically only have one more boss fight, and then I'm like, this is a Kojuma game. That one boss fight and all the cut scenes is probably gonna take two hours.
Speaker 2: I should go to bed now. Oh impressive.
Speaker 1: That means that you were up bright and early for this show. So I appreciate that, Mike.
Speaker 3: Right, Wow, I mean then I went to BET and played like three hours of Silk Song.
Speaker 2: But still I was gonna do that no matter what.
Speaker 1: Right, that counts as right? Yeah, exactly, So you got that started two hours earlier. Very good?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I.
Speaker 3: Say everybody's mic is up early jokes. Look, I know I play up my negative attributes of BET.
Speaker 2: I can wake up for things. I have this ability.
Speaker 1: I think what they're saying. Okay, some people are definitely like, I can't believe Mike actually got up. Mike can wake up. But let's be clear, Mike, it is still early for you. Right.
Speaker 3: I usually am not up. I'm waking up, run up, but I can wake up. That one time I was like for a meeting. It's not because I knew there was a meeting that slept through it. It's because I forgot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a whole other it's a whole other issue. Everybody, get your criticisms of Mike right, come correct to this man.
Speaker 2: All right, get out of here, Chris slash brother and leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Let's explain what we do here we're Giant Bomb. You can go to giant bomb dot com slash join become a premium member. It gets you add free versions of the show, gets you some extra goodies. We had the town hall last week. Some Q and A questions were answered. We have our extra voicemail Dump Truck Question which we're going to do weekly, so you can get all of that if you're a premium member that's giant bomb dot com slash Join. It also enables us to keep doing all the cool stuff that we get to do, and like improving things and kind of finding other ways of expressing the Giant Bomb ethos. We really appreciate everyone who's come through. It means a lot. We see the support. It's mostly just let my cook I think that's what it is.
Speaker 3: I want to make a show called Mega Man Work, don't play Mega MANA.
Speaker 1: Okay, let them go. It's best to just let them finish, all right. As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Grub will help peace your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on Twitch welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS feed on GiantBomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning Mess with. September twenty twenty five, Nintendo Direct announced this is for Nintendo Everything. A new Nintendo Direct presentation will take place on Friday, September twelfth. It's just been announced. It will excuse me. It will air at six am Pacific time, nine am Eastern, two pm in the UK, three pm in the rest of Europe the next time zone in Europe. I guess this will last about sixty minutes, covering games for both the Nintendo Switch to and Switch Mike. That is the longest direct ever for just a normal like game stream, not one for like a console reveal. They've done longer when they've revealed consoles because they have to talk about the hardware and the software. This is going to be the longest one of these traditional, just normal style directs. Do you think do you take any sort of implication away from that little tidbit of information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just expecting there to be a lot now there's you know, I imagine that they would prefer to keep it at that forty minute mark that they seem to like so much. The fact that they're going to sixty minutes shows that there is a lot of things. Whether it's because there are a lot of partner obligations, perhaps are just interesting, they're party things to talk about. I mean, there's a lot we're expecting at this one. You know, we'll get into a bit, but Mario's stuff, Metro Prime. There's no way Metro Prime doesn't get its release date here. I guess there's a way, but almost certainly not. We'll finally hear about when that is coming out. You know, there's a high Rule Warriors needs a release date as well. We got to kind of learn a bit about some new games. What is going to be twenty twenty six is big game. It's going to be time to at least reveal what that is and give us something to be excited about, especially all those people picking up switch tos during the holiday season. We're gonna have plenty of games to play this holiday, but they also want to know what's in store for the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean just hearing that sixty minute number and kind of the you know who knows what the specifics are, But to me that says like, yeah, okay, yeah, it is really time to kick off the big blitz into the holidays for Nintendo. So why would they hold back if the whole idea is get this console off to a strong start. The reasons you would normally hold back is you don't want to make promises you can't keep, and delaying games is painful and annoying. But they are trying to really set this console up for success, and every sort of good feeling they can create now will pay off later. So yeah, why wouldn't it be everything? Why wouldn't it be Metroy Prime Force release date? Why wouldn't it be the Mario anniversary that lines up perfectly with this release date? Why wouldn't it be the twenty twenty six games and including like catching us up on the Nintendo Switch one a switch games they announced for twenty twenty six Tomadacci Life and Rhythm Heaven. But also, what are the one two you know, switch two games that we really have to look forward to in the first six months of next year. At sixty minutes and with their goal here of really setting this up for a strong holiday, I'm expecting it all now, you know. Does that mean it's like we got we're going to see the next three D Mario. Probably not still, but they could hint at it at the very least. I'm really expecting a lot here. Do you think that's fair? Oh?
Speaker 3: Selely thinking about that, because you know you have here Andy Robinson kind of teasing a little bit about like.
Speaker 2: I'm in a big Mario mood this week.
Speaker 3: He says, So that's Andy from VGC, and Andy knows what going on. So maybe that's an innocuous skeep there, but it's you know, yeah, it's not. Yeah, So what there's gonna be Mario announcements. There's that fortieth anniversary, and there are things that make pretty easy sense, like a new Super Mario Brothers, a collection of the games we don't have on there yet. There could be other surprise remas you know, I didn't think we were going to get a thousand year Door remake. I didn't even think about that that happened. But there's so many other things that can do. You could do switch to editions of things like a thousand year door. We don't have a switch to edition of Mario Odyssey, even though the patch we got for that was just really good on its own. But you know, again, it seems so early because we just got Bonanza from that team. But maybe this world Wather is just the slightest teaser for that three D morgame. I'm not expecting it, but it's not completely off the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that, you know, Andy Roberts of sam I'm a big in a big Mario mood this week. That is him saying that's surrounded by then information about other things that could be in this direct, and then very quickly after this the confirmation of the direct happening, and Andy didn't seem surprised, but the fact that that was announced today, so yeah, I'm sure this is insinuating something. I think it's like we could set sites as high as a new Mario gets teased, a new big three D Mario could be something slightly less than like a super Mario Maker three to show off the mouse controls. That's possible for sure, and then then what else could they do. It's probably not just one thing, is what I'm guessing. It probably is quite a few announcements now small stuff and then a collection and then maybe a game like Mario Maker three. I could see it going that way.
Speaker 3: I mean, Sunshine was promised for nso so maybe that's the next game. Few game that's coming out this month. We hear about that. You know, again, there's so many Mario games that you forget about. They can announce another sports game at any moment.
Speaker 1: There are baseball game.
Speaker 3: There's a million things you can do with Mario at any given point, so trying to track down exactly what it can be as difficult. But yeah, you know, Mario Wonder could get a switch to addition, or you know, maybe even one of the bigger switch to editions with an expansion like we saw with Kirby. Yeah, and forgot that's the game. It's pretty easy to do an expansion for it. Here's just a new set of levels.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, the new theme, two new themes, like really fun wacky stuff out of nowhere. Yeah, they could really run that.
Speaker 3: In our playable character, because I mean, the playble characters don't have different move sets or anything.
Speaker 2: They all control the same in that one. So here's the Luigi right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would be very excited about that, yeah, you know. And then of course the Mario movie too is coming out next year.
Speaker 3: For Mario World, which is not a confirmed name. Is a confirmed name, I can't remember, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that they used an official material from NBC Universal, Right, so that's what people are like. Okay, that could have been an accident, It could have been someone assuming that's the name. It could be a working title, it could be the official name, but it was used by Universal themselves, that is who makes those movies, right. I know it's Illumination, but Universal. Yeah, so yeah, I think we like sixty minutes feels like enough times for the games, and a little you know, five minute talk about the movie as well, and maybe maybe an update about the Zelda movie that that's powerful here as well.
Speaker 3: But getting but they announced cast members and thinks I still refuse.
Speaker 4: To think about that movie very much, right exactly, it just feels like it's not worth getting my hopes up because even if it does happen, which I think is still like a fifty to fifty chance.
Speaker 1: I know Nintendo's on a roll with this stuff, but fifty fifty chance of that movie ever gets made. A much less, a much lower percentage chance of that movie is something that I end up enjoined. So why get my hopes up? All right, Well, let's let's stick with this Nintendo Direct theme. You mentioned your gesture to this. Metroid Prime four rated again as Nintendo Direct news is expected and now confirmed. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC, as spoted by journalist necro Felipe Lima. The Retro Studio Switch to sequel has passed classification in Brazil and has been issued a plus fourteen rating, basically a teen rating. But yeah, the game's been rated and yet another country, Uh that that adds. I think it's I think it was rated in Saudi Arabia. I think it was rated in South Korea. Those are ifyon. We know it was rated by the ESRB. We talked about it on this show. That's the United States Classification Board. And uh, you know, as always been pointing out, six weeks is not an unreasonable thing to expect for to expect for a release date for a game that's been rated by one of these boards, especially the ESRB. We are coming up on that time frame here very quickly. So we we are expecting to get that release state for Metroy Prime four on Friday at this Nintendo Direct. Mike, what do you think that really state is? That is the.
Speaker 3: Question, because of all these ratings. It could be soon, now, you know, I know they shadow drop Metroid Primary Mastered. They're not gonna shadow drop Metrod Prime four, especially.
Speaker 1: When they could just shadow drop two and three in the game. They could do that, I hope.
Speaker 3: So so it's like, just how how much can they get away with here? Because they already have an October game that's is that Pokemon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Pokemon right.
Speaker 3: Right, So Pokemon is October. November is Kirby air Riders. Now you know Kirby Writers isn't gigantic, you can.
Speaker 2: Do late November.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so maybe Metroid Prime four in early Now there's a part of me that maybe I'm just optimistic it could come out this month.
Speaker 2: Could him out by the end of September?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's so that's six weeks from the ESRB rating that we got that got leaked. That would put it at the end of September, So yeah, that's possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that right, I mean December also seems apostle Dan Ryker, and Chat thinks Metro's getting delayed.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Dan Riker has had some pretty good fantasy critic luck since he had Silk Son, so maybe it will continue. But again, if it was for all these ratings, I would maybe think that, But I don't know. It seems like this thing is coming out this year still.
Speaker 1: Yep exactly, and so I think we probably get announced this week and then I'm gonna put my guests at still early November because I'm trying not to get my hopes up for it coming out this month. Although you know, some other stuff that could happen at this thing, like Hades two could get a release date, and that release date, like they could legitimately shadow drop Hades to one point zero that it.
Speaker 3: Would be one of the most unhinged things ever to shadow drop Haighties two while we are all in the middle of Silk Song.
Speaker 1: I like it puts a pit in my stomach to think about because I'm gonna really want to play Hades too, and I'm gonna be in the middle of the Silk Song. That's crazy, but that really could happen. Now they're they're aware, they know what's going on. They know everyone's playing Silk Song, so maybe they don't shadow drop it. But that game could come out very very quickly. And it's another one that I think almost certainly we get a release date for that in this direct because they have a close relationship with Nintendo. The game is launching as a console exclusive, not because they have some deal with Nintendo, but just because it's easier to support one console first for the studio, and the Switch is where it sells the most, so it's gonna be on Switch and switch to at first. And so yeah, showing up in the direct makes sense. So, yeah, there's a lot of other stuff that could be in there that could fill up our gaming time very quickly. Uh yeah, So figuring out release dates for these things is a little bit funky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's because you know, I'm just trying to think, what are the good empty slots here, because there is there's a little bit at the end of September. Now there's Bhasy Tactics, Eveley's Chronicles, which is definitely get to take up a lot of my time. But you could release something along that, especially maybe a Hades two. Yeah, October, you have Pokemon right in the middle of that greg Qus one plus two Hu remake later in the month, Persona three reload comes to switch you also October twenty third, right, but then yeah, November is kirby er Riverers in the twentieth so I definitely see earlier in November, later in September, and then December is actually still pretty emptiest far as games announced for the Switchers Octopath Travelers zero on December fourth, So there is there's kind of be something for December, whether that's Metro Prime four or maybe something. You know, there could be something new we hear about that still comes out this year that is on a smaller scale. I don't know if I one hundred percent am counting on that, but it's a possibility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am. Yeah, you're right, there's this schedule is booked up quite quite a bit right.
Speaker 3: Now, and since we don't have dates for like Eldon Ring Tarns edition, which we're all super optimistic about right now.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: And then you know Ira Warriors is they keep saying winter is that mean this year?
Speaker 2: Next year?
Speaker 1: We don't know the found winter, so they don't have to choose as what gold is like they actually like to do that in case they want to move into early twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: I kind of like Agement Prisonment as a December game because, like I want to use December it to mostly catch up on games, and that's a game I'm not going to feel too pressure to jump into immediately, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, even if I do, I'm not going to feel pressure to finish that game. I'll dabble in it and see what it's like. That sort of thing.
Speaker 2: We'll dabbling.
Speaker 1: If Hades two does is knock out very soon. I think the right move for that game is Christmas Day. I was telling you this last night. I think you know a digital only game that people can pick up the day that they either get a system as a gift or they have some time off from work and everyone's sitting around looking for they got gift cards or whatever, they're looking for something to get on the E shop. I think that would be a strong move for that. Now. Do I want to wait that long in this moment? Kind of yeah, because there's so many other games I want to be playing. But we'll see.
Speaker 3: I keep forgeting about Platoon Raiders also, which has like no release window or anything like that, but that could that could.
Speaker 1: Come out whenever we got like all of the other like smaller like addition stuff. So the Kirby and the Mario Mario Party stuff, those were the only of that tier. The only thing is right here.
Speaker 3: It's Platoon. Raiders is a standale. It's not like that, but it's it's a game. It's something, all right.
Speaker 1: Still sticking on this topic for the most part, all six Resident Evil Engine or i'm sorry Ari Engine Resident Evil games because ARI doesn't stand for as an evil Stancer Reach the Moon, including Requiem, are reportedly coming to switch to. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC. All six of the Resident Evil games that run on Capcom's R Engine are getting switched to ports. According to a Capcom insider, Dus S. Gullum, who has a long record of reporting information about video games before it has been made public, claims that ports of every Resident Evil game that was developed with the RI engine are coming to Nintendo switch to sooner or later. This would mean not only mean ports of Resident Evil seven Biohazard, which we were talking about as a possibility for this direct because the three games will have seven in the title or have some relation to a relationship to seven, as well as Resident Evil Village and the remakes of Resident Evil two, three, and four, but also a port of the upcoming Resident Evil Requiem, they claimed, Mike, if they're going to do one of these, they might as well do all of them, because you're going to do the work to get this engine in a good place where the tools work on the switch too. If you're doing that work, you might as well release all these games and all of them would do really well on the switch, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a great time for this announcement. It's September, We're getting closer to spooky season, so that's a fantastic thing for them to line up with that. They have a couple only a couple things they can go to their own well for that, like you can get put Eternal Darkness on game QBNSL. You could do a switch to edition of Luigi's Mansion three perhaps, But yeah, the Resident Evil games, if you got all of those on there, and you know, I know, like the scale of it is different. But the Street Fighter six port, and that's an our Engine game on switch to, looks fantastic. That has been my favorite kind of downports on the console so far. If they could get results close to that with Resident Evil two and four Village and Biohazard, that would be an absolute dream.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are just some of the best games.
Speaker 3: We've had in the last decade right there, especially two and four remake. I think about them constantly, just insanely high quality.
Speaker 2: So I hope this is true for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but with that whole thing with the sevens, Razebol seven being.
Speaker 2: One of them makes a ton of sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you like start with that one and then you really quickly pop probably released the rest of them, right like, you don't We're not talking about oh, one of these every six months. I think we get one of these every month or two or maybe even bump bunch bunched up for October, and.
Speaker 3: Maybe they just they just get them all once they all are, pay up one hundred bucks and get all of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they do something like that.
Speaker 1: I forgot that Street Fighter six is already engine, so yeah, that's that they have already done some work and that game is incredible. On the switch To, uh so, yeah, I think that they of course knew switch To would be an important platform for them over at Capcom. I think, you know, listening to them talk in their most recent conversation with investors when they were doing an earnings call, uh think it was their CEO was saying, yeah, boy, we're looking over the switch to and we're kind of even hornier to get on that thing than we were before this thing launched. So yeah, I think they're going to go hard with all these games, and I bet most of them will do very well. That Switch audience can be pretty insular a lot of times, since a big audience. I'm sure a lot of them play on other on other platforms, but there is a strong chance that a huge percentage of them will be like, oh, I always meant to check out these Resonaval games, but now they're on the Switch, I will definitely do so, so I expect them to sell well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are games that have been kind of missing from you know, Nintendo stuff for a bit, and Nintendo has a history of Resident Evil and the GameCube three DSID revelations. There are cloud versions of some of these games I believe on the Switch one, which is you know, at least or me, that's like all that game doesn't even exist on the Switch one really then, So yeah, having native versions of these will just becose. I mean, as soon as we were talking about the switch too and what third party games we wanted ported to it, I was immediately thinking about Resident Evils is one of the first things that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a break. There's one more news story that could be related to this, might not be. We'll get to that after this break. If you want to skip out on these, you go to GiantBomb dot com, slash join, become a premium member, get the ad free version of the show. We'll be right back. Jam My computer sick. I've decided it's time to start building a new one. I just don't know where to start. Grub.
Speaker 5: If your computer is SICKI pooh, you gotta start with MSI, which just drops something big in its brand new Z eight ninety and B eight sixty Intel motherboards.
Speaker 1: Are those the motherboards that unlock the power of the Intel Core Ultra series two CPUs. Yes, sir, These.
Speaker 5: MOBOs, as we're calling them on the streets, are powerhouses for gaming, streaming and whatever intense tasks you need to throw at them.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but Jane, you know me, I'm scared of tools. That's screwdrivers so sharp it's okay, bud.
Speaker 5: MSI made them jeffproof meb danproof as well, which means they're easy to work with. No more wrestling with tiny little screws or confusing manuals. We're talking easydbug LEDs that tell you exactly what's going on. Tooliss installs for your M two drives and jipoos or GPUs. We're calling them jipoos two now okay.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, oh okay yeah. MSI has that modern bios as well that looks like it was actually made for humans to use, not some relic from two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: Give me more of that.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right. It's going to be so easy to get secure boots on the ground. It's like PC building on easymode grub. And here's the best part. Giant BombCast listeners. MSI is giving you ten percent off these new regularly priced Z eight ninety and B eight sixty boards. Just head over to usdashstore dot MSI dot com and use promo code BombCast at checkout boom instant savings.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm gonna stack that discount.
Speaker 1: They allow you to do that with MSIs got ongoing promotions that's potentially going to score me up to one hundred and twenty dollars in Steam codes. It's basically free games just for upgrading. Everyone listening should do the same.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to upgrade your setup, do not wait.
Speaker 5: Visit us dashstore dot MSI dot com and use the code BombCast bom c a st all in lowercase and give your PC the upgrade it deserves.
Speaker 1: MSI making PC building less of a headache and a lot more fun. Mobo, We're back. It's Game Mess Mornings. Jeff Grubb, Mike Manati. Let's get back into the news with Panzer Dragoon twos? Why so how you say that? This is why? Hi?
Speaker 2: It's yeah German for two heines? Why dry?
Speaker 1: There we go? This is why remake maybe near release date. This is from Blair Marnell at GameSpot. In twenty twenty, a remake of Sega's Panzer Dragoon was released on modern consoles by Forever Entertainment. Now, a remake of Pants or Dragon twos why is on the horizon from Forever Entertainment and developers Megapixel Studio and Storm tried in. It may even be coming sooner than expected. Gematsu shared the announcement that pans are Dragon twos why remake. We'll make its public debut September twenty fifth through the twenty eighth at the Rainy Frog booth at the twenty twenty five Tokyo Game Show. The publisher didn't share a release date, but the game will be available on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Series X and S, PlayStation four, and PlayStation five. Panzer Dragon twos y was originally released in nineteen ninety six for the Sega Saturn. It is a prequel to the first game. This is one that could also be in that direct, right, they could give us a date there and then show it off at Tokyo Game Show, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That absolutely makes sense.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of stuff from kind of Sega Sega adjacent that I I'm hoping to see. There's a bunch of other games from that initiative to bring back retro franchises we had Shouldobi. It seems like that's doing really well. But there is still crazy Taxi Jet set, a Radio, Goldenecks, and Streets of Rage coming from that as.
Speaker 1: Well the confirmed ones. There's more beyond that as well that a rumored yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, Like you know, there's Virtual Fighter and more games from the like a Dragon team of course. So also, you know, also I think we're in a weird time where where there's isn't uh there's the Sonic racing game that's gonna come out, and then once that's maybe maybe they're going to wait till that releases, which I think is soon, but they're gonna have to talk about the next Sonic game, the actual three D platform or probably the follow up to Frontiers kind of soon a year as well. Yeah, I have like two minds. Is because I love Pancer Dragoon. Panser Dragoon is why is a fantastic game?
Speaker 2: That remake of the first one is? Okay?
Speaker 1: I start, okay, it was like a lot of problems at launch, right.
Speaker 2: I actually played the original recently.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I like to be like a frame rate Siico and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But I something about Panzer Dragoon to me is so intrinsically tied to looking like a Sega Saturn game whorts in all in a way that's actually very beautiful to me. It'd be like saying we're going to remake uh uh beer effect. I'm like, I like the way that game looks on PS one. Although I think they are. Maybe there were rumors they were remastering that, but like the Sega Simun distance was, It's one that I would absolutely want a toggle.
Speaker 2: To turn on.
Speaker 3: The original controls doesn't have that. Plus, you know, the game like it looks pretty good. But Patrick Dragon at the time was like the best looking game ever, so kind of not having the new one be one of the best looking games ever for the modern age, know what we're doing right now?
Speaker 2: You know, it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's not like that House of the Dead two remake that is depressing to look at. And you know, if this means more people can check out Patre Dragons Why, which was a really cool game and had this really neat system of your dragon evolving based on your play style. When you first find him, he can't even fly. The first level is just running on the ground and then like you go off a cliff and then his little wings start moving. It's fantastic, one of the all time great rail shooters. So you know, in the soundtrack of course, just gorgeous. So excited to see where a dragoon, but I kind of wish it could be more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, like you know, that's where Sega's at a little bit right now where it's like they have their big initiative of bringing back some classic games, and it's like if one of these franchises are not a part of that, they're still kind of getting this sort of leftover treatment where they're letting other studios, other publishers handle the work and they're trying to do it on the cheap. That's the sense I got from that original Panther Dragoon release, and seems similar looking at the screenshots.
Speaker 3: So why it's the confusing thing too, because like the saganness of it is always the emphasized.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, don't you own Panzer Jonggoon. It was even like that with.
Speaker 1: Streets of Rage four four Yeah, I mean it worked out great, but that was weird.
Speaker 3: It was weird, like they don't want to show the Sega logo. They don't want to do that here. I assume those House of the Dead remakes are in a similar situation, probably for the best, but yeah, you know, I would just be happier if these things were getting more attention and more money. I guess I'm a little happy to get anything, But boy, I like Pizza Dragoon, and that's a series I would love to see back in full glory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, this is also the studio Forever Entertainment. You know, they have working with other partners, but they did that Donkey Kong Country Returns HD remaster earlier this year, and that one had some like visual issues and even some gameplay issues that like kind of broke some of the higher tech abilities that people use in that game. And it's like, what happened here? It's like, oh, it's Forever Entertainment. They kind of phone it in. They don't really understand the games they're working with. Sometime that seemed to be what happened with Pans or Dragoon. It could happen why again, And yeah, just looking at these screenshots, you're right this. When I look at this screenshot here in the story from Nintendo everything that I like Google or my Nintendo News, it's like, yeah, that doesn't look like a Sega Saturn game, and it doesn't look like some good game released right now from like an indie studio either. Kind of just looks rough. So yes, that's any greenshot.
Speaker 3: Though Frever Tabatt also does those houses that Dead remix and they are worse than that.
Speaker 2: You know, I just it'd be so amazing. We had a studio that was doing.
Speaker 3: A lot of Saturn or Dreamcast remakes and they were amazing. Instead we're getting this middling stuff. I just want more attention to the Saturn and Dreamcast library in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I hope that Sega kind of just plows through these early games, really crushes it with bringing back classic franchises in a variety of ways and gets back around to Panzer Dragoon in a real way as well. But we'll see it feels like a long way off. Nintendo's patent on sub characters could have some diorramifications. This is from Ali Reynolds at Nintendo Life. Nintendo, in its ongoing battle against Pocket Pair and Powell World, has been filing various patents left and right and center in the United States, the latest of which is almost certainly cause for concern, as detailed by games Frey, Patent number twelve thy four hundred and three to thirty nine whatever has been granted, which essentially covers the summoning of a sub character and letting it fight on your behalf. So think of summoning characters like a Pokemon, a Pokemon like a pocket Monster, now we're not sure about you, but we can already think of quite a few games that make use of such mechanics outside of Pokemon elden Ring, for example, would you be able to summon a one of the ghosts there to come fight alongside of you in that game anymore? Because of this, it goes into further detail and states that the sub character can either be controlled the controller by by issuing commands, or it can act on its own accord, battling enemies automatically should any appear within the immediate vicinity. So they're really covering all their bases here, And it's like, well, okay, well didn't you I guess did you do this a long time ago? Are you talking about like the original Pokemon, because that's more than twenty years ago. You can't pat in something that's twenty years old at this point. That's crazy. But it's like, no, this sounds like the summoning in a live action virtual environment. So if you are playing Pokemon Legends and you summon a character that way to fight for you, that would be the thing that they're trying to patent, which I guess is a little bit more similar to what Pocketpara does with Power World. Either way, Mike, I continue to hate this. Patents for video game mechanics are bad. You know, they're clearly not against the law or anything like that, but they are against the spirit of video games where Nintendo has certainly copied ideas from other developers and used it to make successful video games, and they will not reciprocate because they are locking that stuff using their lawyers. That's frustrating to see, especially in this where we know what you're doing. You're just trying to sue Power World out of existence.
Speaker 3: Right and you know if you want to go out their Powerworld who They definitely were poking the bear by copying the Pokemon designs, so liberally sure, but this is while the idea of getting a freaking patent on sub characters, the idea of just summoning people to fight for you, which is a mechanic, and so many video games Final Fantasy does stuff like that.
Speaker 2: What the heck is a sub.
Speaker 3: Character that is impossible to define and where does it? Yeah, Nintendo has invented a lot for this industry. You know, they didn't invent size scrolling. Right when they made Super Mario Brothers. It was taking inspiration from things like pac Land that you know paved the way for it. So yeah, this is just an extreme reaction here. I don't know if they actually plan to litigate on patents like this, but it's still just kind of an absurd thing to do. I guess it keeps those army of lawyers busy over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think in this case we could expect them, yeah, to use this when they litigate. Will they go after every game that has this? No, But when they target a game, this is what this will be one of the tools in their arsenal that they can use as a cudgel against the developer to force them into a situation where they submit or they they agree to a settlement and then give a lot of concessions to Nintendo, because Nintendo's like, if you don't look at all these patents we have that we can use to come after your game, you like. I don't think this would apply to something like summoning a Bahama in Final Fantasy, because that's like a specific kind of thing. This does sound like bringing a character into your world to run along aroundside you. They describe it here, but that's essentially what it is. But there are a lot of games that do specifically that if the patent has to be very specific. There are a lot of games that have done specifically that for a very long time and not most of them are not called Pokemon so and they were not made by Nintendo. So again it's I'm always confused, like how Nintendo's able to pull this off, And the answer is usually they have a lot of lawyers, and they pay a lot of money for those lawyers, so they get good ones and they know what they're doing. And yeah, I expect Nintendo probably to use these things in court, especially against Pocket Pair and Powe World. Infamous devs willing to outsource remaster to another studio. This is from Abanash and Jaserani at Tech For gamers, the Infamous franchise has a long been considered one of those PlayStations best rated first party ips. Despite its absence from the gaming industry, fan demand for a new Infamous entry has not waned over the years. In fact, fans now more than ever hope to see PlayStation revisit the series. Soccer Punch itself has expressed interest in a potential return to Infamous, with the Ghost of Yota director recently commenting on a potential re release from a third party team. Soccer Punch has its hands full with Ghost of Yota and expanding this ip through the upcoming film. Therefore, outsourcing Infamous would not be such a bad idea. Speaking to Mine, Max, maam min Max, I do mean Max, that's probably it. The Ghost of Yota director recently answered questions regarding the upcoming game and Soccer Punch's past releases. On the subject of Infamus, the director was first asked to rank all the games in the series. He ranked the first title as the best, suggesting that it remains his personal favorite all these years later, when asked whether he would be okay with another studio potentially reviving the series, the director showed optimism and gave the green light. He basically was just you know, Ben asked him, and this is one of his rapid fire interviews. Been's really good at this. Ben asked him, Hey, would you be okay if another studio came in and kind of took over or did a remaster, And the director was just like, I think that'd be great, And it was that simple, and he just sounded genuine. Do you read that as something's already happening or he doesn't. He wanted wants to be clear that the door is very open in case someone wants to do it. What's your read on it.
Speaker 3: I don't read it as, oh, that's already happening, right right, you know, just this quick question here from Ben. But yeah, I think the door's open. I think it's also the only way it happens. They are absolutely going to be busy at Sacharpoge with nothing but Ghost of games for at least the next decade.
Speaker 2: Right, you know we're gonna get this one.
Speaker 3: It's gonna have a lot of post launch support, I'm sure, And I'm sure they're going to go to that well at least one more time, which in these days means another eight years of game development on that thing. So if we want to see Infamous, and part of me feels like, I don't know, maybe it is just because I never played that much Infamous, but I'm like the doors may be closing on how much longer people are going to care about if miss and get excited about a remake or remiss or on that thing. It's to me, it seems like something you want to do within the next five years before it's an ip that's almost just completely forgotten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that does happen, right, because like there's a lot of classic like if Mother three got announced, I think people would or a Mother four. I guess at this point a new Mother game got announced, people would lose their mind. There's games that like, even though they haven't been active or in some ways have been deactivated, they got announced, they would pop off. But there are a lot of games, like you know I talked about like, oh I would like a new Colony Wars. People would be like, wait, what is this for the most part, right, And do you think Epamus could slide that far where it's completely out of sight, out of mind, and then they couldn't do a new one because they don't think the heat is there.
Speaker 2: Probably it's probably not that bad, right, you know.
Speaker 3: It's it was the PS three, which you know isn't the most beloved of the PlayStation consoles. It had that one game on PS four that wasn't even people's favorite really in that series that's had that expandal on that people liked a lot. But you know it's gonna it's far from a Colony Wars level kind of thing for sure. But yeah, I guess I do just wonder like at some point there's the mystery returns even you know, Dragon Age seemed to suffer quite a lot from a prey absence.
Speaker 1: That's probably the good analog there. Yeah right.
Speaker 3: You know you could say, well, that game came out and people weren't incredibly hot on it, But I feel like that game had come up five years after acquisition, it just would have immediately been a hit despite a somewhat middling reception.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, it's they they that emerror's edge catalyst, Like that's the kind of thing we're talking about. I think it could end up in one of those situations where even if they did do it, if it wasn't like the best thing in the world, people would forget it very quickly. And you know, bringing up like Mother three banderin chat points out like Nintendo is a different thing because of Smash Brothers. That's like his self perpetuating advertising machine for all of their brains.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, Cole was in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal. The kids are still playing.
Speaker 1: That right you're right, You're right. When you're right, you're right, Mike. That's there was good Coal and bad col I remember they.
Speaker 2: Were different characters. All right, I remember. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I remember the opening throw thing because like bad Cale is like, you know, you just like evil and like you know, grinning evilly and shooting lightning and then to portray good call in this you know, nobody's talking intro thing where places karts just fighting each other. He's sort of just like walking and smiling, like, look, that's the nice version of the character.
Speaker 2: He's smiling warmly.
Speaker 1: We should uh do a show where we just watch a bunch of game intros and chats recommendations, and we could just do that for a little Oh.
Speaker 3: I think about those a lot. There's some all Timer once, Smash Brothers, Melee had a fantastic one, uh, the Original World of Warcraft, in the World of Warcraft, Burning Crusade ones.
Speaker 1: I think all the ones that stick me with me are usually weird, like like not like they're well, they're weird games, but also it's weird that that's the one that stuck with me. Odd World Munches, Odyssey, Munches, Odyssey.
Speaker 3: I remember the aps Odyssey one, and I don't remember the munch of them.
Speaker 1: Much as Odyssey's intro is bananas. Uh yeah, we'll tell you them do this that would be fun. Uh all right, let's see here. Pacific Drive to grow with new haunting expansion later this year. This is from Ben Lyons at Game Reactor. Developed developer Ironwood Studios has announced that it's driving survival game, Pacific Drive, will be growing and expanding rather soon. As of later this year, we can expect the Whispers and the Woods expansion to make its arrival, and when it does, we'll have yet another reason to return to the Olympic Zone. As for what this expansion will add, we're told that we'll see the rise of a group of anomaly based fanatics who inhabit the woods and mark their territory with peculiar symbols and effigies. The idea will be to learn more about this group by interacting with their alters to access new artifacts to at your station wagon and improve how it can conquer the dangerous environments. Mike, it sounds like spooky content, sounds like a spooky expansion, and that's the real reason I included this. You know, I enjoyed Pacific Drive, didn't play a ton of it. Could use this as an excuse to go back. Mostly you want to say, hey, how good of an idea? Is it to release DLC for your game that's Halloween themed or spooky season themed. It's just such a smart move to me, because people when Halloween comes, people want Halloween bullshit. And if you want people to remember your game, new content that's themed as kind of like ooh, the spooky effigy's in the woods, it's Blair Witch whatever. That's just it's a good idea. I mean to me, why don't we see more of that? Do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there's such a hunger for Halloween.
Speaker 3: It's been such an amazing time for Halloween lately. Halloween stock is just constantly on the rise, Halloween every dollar. More and more people seem to love Halloween. I mean, maybe it's just my perspective as a kid. As a kid, I don't remember adults caring about Halloween that much. And now I think, you know, some people are like it should just be for kids. It's like a Disney adult like, oh oh, I should turn Halloween on the people who complain about Disney adults.
Speaker 1: I should.
Speaker 2: I should just oh fantasize them.
Speaker 3: I should be like, why are you uh celebrating Halloween that's for kids?
Speaker 2: Can't you just let the kids enjoy.
Speaker 3: This, like you're not passing out candy, You're going to a party instead.
Speaker 2: Aren't you being kind of selfish? Okay?
Speaker 1: I like god it, man, I love I love when the toxic Mikey comes down. It has a plan of action. This is good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that so I'm excited about this though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll look into this, and I hope more developers kind of see these seasonal theme things like I would. I would take Christmas, do y'all see for stuff as well? That would be great, But Halloween seems like you're obvious good like business moves right, you know.
Speaker 3: And I love Christmas and I love Christmas theme stuff, but you know, there are religious implications and other things there that a lot of people don't want to have to deal with.
Speaker 1: You can stand that Japanese version annual gift giving. Man, he lives on the moon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eat a cake, It'll be fine, don't.
Speaker 3: Dan Record says my thing with the Halloween adults is grasping that straws I think I have a point.
Speaker 2: The exact same thing. What are you talking about. It's the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: If your argument, it's just well, I like Halloween that's not a good argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like the people who make Halloween their entire personality is probably, first of all, many of them are Disney adults.
Speaker 3: Let's be clear, there's an incredible cross I think it's a great thing.
Speaker 2: You should do it. It's very pretty much what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: What is the overlap with Crystal Mommies, Halloween and Disney adults.
Speaker 1: There's a lot.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting because I think a lot.
Speaker 3: I think that Crystal Mommies Halloween cross section big. Disney adults and Halloween big. But Crystal Mommies.
Speaker 2: And Disney adults. We're trying to think if there's a much cross section there. There probably is, but I'm not there's a decent amount.
Speaker 1: Like it's not as much as Halloween and Disney for sure, but yeah, they don't have like a Goop theme park they can go to, so they go to Disney. Circana shares the top twenty best selling PlayStation platform games in the United States since that console is what was its thirtieth anniversary yesterday of launching in the United States launched on nine to nine, nineteen ninety five, and Matt Piscatello was like, Hey, I have some data here the top twenty best selling games for all PlayStation platforms and Mike, are you seeing the list? Do you see it in front of you?
Speaker 2: I see it.
Speaker 3: I think there's a total of five franchises represented on this list.
Speaker 1: Yep, chat, Why don't you guys throw out your guests for what the number one game is? That one's pretty easy? And then and then I want everyone to guess what you think the first Sony PlayStation published game is on this list? And how many of those there are? Yep, Concord, that's right. Yeah, Number one is GTA five. Number two, let's see here, is at least by.
Speaker 3: Dollars in by units, and I kind of think units is a little bit more pure personally.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's go with units. Okay, So yes, number one is Grand Theft Auto five, Then number two is Minecraft. Number three is Red Dead Redemption two, then Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, and then Call of Duty Modern Warfare at number five. Now for dollar sales, it's basically all Call of Duty. It's Grandft Auto at one, Red Dead Redemption two at three, Minecraft at seven, and then just a bunch of other Call of duties. I guess Katario was in there a little bit. But going back to units, let's see after. Yeah, so we got Call of Duty Modern Warfare twenty nineteen, then Marvel's Spider Man at number six, call of Duty Black Ops three at number seven, call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Cold War at eight, of Grand Theft Auto Vice City at number nine. God, that's like the original one. That's that's pretty impressive. Let's see here. Call of Duty Modern Warfare two twenty twenty two is number ten, call of Duty Black Ops six at number eleven, then Miles Morales at twelve, The Last of Us, God of War twenty eighteen, Skyrim then Call of Duty Black Ops at number sixteen, Rainbow six Siege Tom Clancy's Rainbow six Siege at number seventeen, then Call of Duties Black Ops too, World War two, and Black Ops for It is a lot of call of duty of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess it wasn't that surprises me. I know Siege was popular and all that. I didn't think it would be number seventeen on this list of best selling PlayStation platform games.
Speaker 2: Ever, it's like.
Speaker 1: One of those almost free to play, free to play games where it's like, uh, it's it gets cheap a lot like ten dollars, and it was. It's been selling for years at this point, years and years and years, and it's got a huge esports scene and that that helps and stuff like that. But yeah, it's secretly one of the bigger online multiplayer shooter games of the last ten years for sure. Uh yeah, I mean the Marvel Spider Man and let's see The Last of Us, Miles Morales, God of War. These are your first party PlayStation games on their PlayStation from day one, a third party system. There's been a lot of great Sony games, but those things have thrived because third party support has been strong, and it's been it's been the default for most of those publishers, like for thirty years straight. And this this chart definitely reflects that as well as just Call of Duty's dominance.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, absolutely, just I don't know, yeah, it is. It's like both not surprising and interesting.
Speaker 2: The city things.
Speaker 3: How many things are third party, you know, like this stuff like oh and charge. It is so important to PlayStation. It doesn't take anything away from it that it's nowhere on this list. It's like, yeah, that's that's not on this list. You do get the Last of Us on there. It's a good point to do about how big Spider Man was and how you know, they're certainly not done with that yet. I am curious to see if Wolverine even gets close to having the same kind of sales juice as that. Ye, I hope, So I'm hoping that's a fun game. But yeah, nothing is shocking here. It doesn't make me thake. You know, we're getting breadthftotos six face soon and that's gonna be a big deal.
Speaker 2: But then, yeah, like you know, write their Redemption two.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I always sometimes I just think that game is a game that's sold like half of GTA five or something. Turns out that's still enough to be like one of the best selling games ever. So they will almost certainly just go to read their Redemption three at their GTA six, Right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: After many, many, many years of putting it all into gt Online two or whatever that is. Yeah, we'll get back around to where I did Redemption.
Speaker 2: All right, you'll be so ecstatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, there's always a chance they could learn some lessons now there isn't. All Right, that does it for the headlines. Let's get to the poll question. This one is from Monday. Let me bring it up right here and refresh to make sure I have the most recent and raw numbers. Are you having issues with Hollow Night Silk Songs difficulty? The options are yes, it's too hard, Yes but that's fine, No I got good, and no, I haven't played this video game. Fifty three percent of people have not played this video game. In the number of respondents here, twenty six percent say yes, I'm having issues but that's fine. Thirteen percent said no, I got good, So twice as many people are having difficulties but dealing with it, and then nine percent say yes it is too hard. So one out of ten people are like, yeah, this is maybe even too difficult for me. That sounds about right for one of these hard games, right where they did actually probably strike a balance of making it as hard as they wanted it to while still being mostly welcoming. I don't know, I don't know what the perfect number is there for that sort of thing, but this also sounds about right for the reaction to this game as well. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not surprising. I mean, you know, it's kind of that dark little thing where part of the appeal is that the game is difficult, so that is inherently going to push some people away, but the idea is even more people are going to appreciate having that challenge. So I you know, they did some fine tuning with that patch, but I think it's mostly where they wanted to be excellent.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we have a new poll question before we do that, Mike Minati, why don't you tell people where they could find you on the internet. Tell them about Nineties Disney. You guys had a new episode you got recorded earlier this Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nineties Disney is the Disney podcast that I do with my brothers. We just did a episode about the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, which is a fun show that they've been doing over at Disney's Hollywood Studios basically since that park opened in eighty nine. Yeah, check out Nineties Disney. I could see what's happening on Giant Ball. There's a section down here on the hit doc what is happening to Giant Ball? We got something here called four Sorts fiest stuff.
Speaker 1: Shut up, don't blast me like that. Oh, these docs, it's like everything else in my life. If I don't need it, I ignore it.
Speaker 2: There's a playsation showcase popping off later.
Speaker 3: No way, I asked you, what was four Sorts Fiesta? My god, that was like one of the first things I ever did here two years ago. All right, yeah, that was May twenty fifth, twenty twenty three. Fantastic. I can't wait to get back to that one. I bet Dan's I'm better co op partner these days. Right, it's gonna left. But seriously, Blake Club happening very shortly after this, maybe like try to eat something real quickly, like because we got to play that and then get ready for this acclean showcase popping off later.
Speaker 2: Who knows what's.
Speaker 3: Gonna happen there. It could beat anything, Anything could happen. It's a beautiful world, and we're all gonna see the beat of the world through the lens of a clay.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I can't wait. It's a busy day here. Time Bob stick around. We're gonna be right back with some other stuff, including Blake Club real quick before we get out of here. Pig Booty Judy had a super chat here like if you beat more Wing and Sister splinter pre Patch. I think that's yeah, that's definitely me and I am toxic enough to that that that matters to me. I don't think it doesn't matter if anyone else does it. I don't care about anyone else but me. I'm glad I did it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a toxic piece of shake, like I like, you know, I would tell people like, of course it doesn't matter, blah blah blah. But since you know, I beat that final boss in a shouty Er tree before I got patch, and I'm still like, yeah, I'm kind of a big deal exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's see here, I think we could wrap things up. We said, what was happening on the website? Do we do the new poll question? We don't think we did that.
Speaker 2: Now, we don't do that yet.
Speaker 1: Let's do that. What do you most want to see it? Nintendo's direct on Friday Metro Prime for release date, Mario Anniversary Games, a big new twenty twenty six game, or Haities two Shadow Drop it was your or you know what. There's a comment section let us know if you want something else as well. Jam We'll scroll through those. Maybe we can call out a couple of them, but we'll get your results to talk about them here on Games Mornings tomorrow on Giant Bomb. With all that out of the way, Mike Minati, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's just so nice and refreshing to get to do a podcast with you. Jeff, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's different. It's a change of gears for both of us. I think. Thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Go back to Silk Song, take care of yourselves and goodbye.