Speaker 1: Seven six here at fifty five kro ceed he talks to Brian Thomas welcoming back, a man who's been on the fifty five Carsee morning show quite a few times over the years, to talk about his mission, which you can find online at Spirit Worksministries dot com. Welcome back, Rick Green, my friend. It's always good talking with you.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Brian's always good to hear the best radio boys around.
Speaker 1: You're the best man. I appreciate that. And listen now for listeners that aren't familiar with your backstory, and it's pretty amazing. You had a troubled youth involved in drugs and alcohol, you were in prison, and you turn your life around. I'm summarizing your amazing transformation. You had a moment of clarity and God he reached out to you and touched you in some way. And is it that one moment in time that you quit drugs and you quit your life of grime and you said you were going to be You're gonna transform your life for the better, and you obviously have. This has been years and years ago, and you got a ministry. You help feed the homeless. You take sandwiches out to the people who don't have a meal every weekend with your wife. You've got a job. I mean, you just reconnected yourself. So I got a question for you. And I met the young man who played in the movie that's coming out, which we're gonna talk about here, about your life. Now, if you rewind Rick Green and put yourself back into that prison cell before you had your moment of clarity, and someone walked up to you and said, Rick Green, you know there's gonna be a movie made about your life. What do you think your young man's reaction might have been to that.
Speaker 2: I probably think there was crazy that Satan trying to make me believe I was. But that wouldn't sound real at the moment, Like what are you talking about? But you know, I really learned. I'm really good to get myself in the message. I'm just horrible getting.
Speaker 1: Myself out of me.
Speaker 2: That's why I look at my life. You know, just talks in a life, it's horrible. Well, you don't care about you. You can't care about anything or nothing else because you don't love yourself, and I won't bringing anything positive to the world. I had to reach out to a mighty and holy God to save me. I couldn't say myself, I don't want to dine at it. I turned time my foot, I didn't want to dine at it.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. And you know the other component of this is and I saw a brilliant article written the other day by a black preacher from the city of Chicago. Corey Brooks is his name, and I'll encourage my listeners to look out for it. It's Trump's colorblind messages energizes black Americans and boiled down. And I'm really boiling it down. His point is, don't turn to government. Rely on your self. Self reliance, stable families and education can lift neighborhoods like mind untold. Heisi right, And but that's the point. Quit looking outside, look to yourself. And if you can rely on God as an inspiration and say, listen, I Rick Green will not die an addict and change your life. That is something that no other human being can control. That's you controlling your own destiny. You know.
Speaker 2: That's just the one thing I didn't want my kids to hear that I die an alcoholic and an addict. That's sur bothering me, probably more than anything. I didn't want nobody becoming my children that's how I died. I don't know to mean that, just that's an avoidable death in my opinion, because your choices can save you or they can also defeature. Well, it's you and your choices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I think that's why I love having you on the show. It's it's that message is so it's fundamental to my being, you know, like I always say, I'm going to start trying to control your life for somebody else's life when I'm done fixing my own. You know, look at the man in the mirror every morning, and you know, I got problems with my own. And when I'm done perfecting myself, which will never happen, then I'll come calling for you. But in the meantime, there ain't nobody out there that can tell me how to live my life appropriately, and I don't think it would work if they tried. In fact, I would probably try to reject it if someone engage in those efforts. But in any of that, how did you What was your reaction to the movie when you finally I got to assume you've seen it already.
Speaker 2: Actually, I just looked at it Friday for the first time. All the way through, I don't like it because I know what it took to get here. There was a probably two or three hundred no's and one yes changed everything. But I never let nos stop me or deter me. All they do push me forward. No, it's not a bad word. We all need knowing our life. Yeah, it's just how you take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. And who the message is?
Speaker 2: Take well? God placed in my heart from me, because no man placed them in my own. God did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you're a firm believer in the power of prayer too, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Oh? I have to. When Joe called me this morning, I just got done praying because I taught my day. I found what I call my God time. It's god Rick and Coffee. That's why I think God like coffee, because we drink coffee every morning and we have our time. We communicate. Then I read my Bible. Then I saw it my day. I can't start my day with my God time. I can't go to bed with not my gone time. I prayed before I would have dead. Means God we spend our time then not going to sleep, and I sleep wonderful.
Speaker 1: It's sounding a great name for a podcast. God Rick and Coffee. Consider that one man. Anyway, I think you.
Speaker 2: Like coffee, he shold up prey in morning.
Speaker 1: That's good anyway. I was fortunate enough to have the director and the young man who portrays you in the movie in the studio with you the last time you were here. What do you think of his performance? How did it all work out in your mind?
Speaker 2: I think he did great. Stepty, he didn't know when he walked in he was going to be the lead, and everyone on them and said, just humbled me, Brian, because everyone sold out. No, Rick didn't have no blank and I couldn't pay nobody. All I could do with feed them, and that humbled me. They gave me their talent and their time and their effort, and I said, God, you love me that much. Well, you know I'm talking when somebody who did something for you they don't have to and they get nothing in return, it bothered me.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't think they got nothing in return. I mean what they got is to help you spread this inspirational message and the hope. And I think your movie will provide hope to people because your story provides hope to people that you know, this isn't a death sentence. It doesn't have to be the way your life is going to continue. You have the ability within yourself to transform yourself. So what they get out of it is spreading this message, which I have to imagine that everyone involved in this movie shares your message of faith and belief.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not so because some of them I never you know, met before, and we didn't really talk a lot. But I tell you what, they showed up and they did their job. They showed up every day and they did their job, and they humbled me. It just showed me no matter what the media or anyone want to Pertray does a lot of good people in the world. It's just, in my opinion, seemed like nobody want to interview them. There's a lot of good people in the world.
Speaker 1: Yes there are, and you know that, and you're one of them. You gave your kidney to a guy you didn't even know.
Speaker 2: You know, that definitely was a god thing. Because I'm just as human as anybody else. You know. I can be here in the boat, I can be aggravated, I could be mean. I'm just human. But God told me the help.
Speaker 1: This man, well, that was amazing. That man happened to be What was the son of Marvin Gay, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Marvin Gavids third, April twenty ninth, twenty fourteen. And I can't forget that day.
Speaker 1: Neither can he. You saved his life just because he heard a news story about him. He reached out to him. Next thing you know, guess what, It's a match. So there you go. Rick's giving his kidney over to him. Man, he didn't know. That's really cool. And every weekend you're feeding the homeless and you have a charitable mission along this guys along that we're along this line spirit Worksministries dot com. Joe put the link on my blog page fifty five Carsey dot com. So if he can help Rick, he could sure use a donation because this is coming out of his pocket. But ultimately we need to double back to the movie. When is it coming out? And where should people be to see the release?
Speaker 2: Uh, We're going to er at March sixth at my home church of Springdale Nazarine. That's one one one seven seven Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, Ohio four five two four six. There'll be two showing a seventh thirty.
Speaker 1: It's only an hour long, our long flick six pm. And seven thirty star times again Springdale Nazarene Church on Springfield Pike. That will also be on my blog page fifty five Casee dot com. Rick Green, True inspiration. Love having you come on the show. And I hope everyone gets a chance to see the movie and uh and I hope everyone stops by your website and helps you fulfill your mission at Spirit Spiritworksministries dot com. Rick, my dear friend. Best of luck for the movie. I hope it's a huge success. And thank you for what you're doing in the community each and every day, and thank you for the inspiration that you provide my listeners.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, and Brian, thank you for always for kinocial Spirit Works from the third time we met, Happy to humble.
Speaker 1: Listen. Man, that's what the show is all about. You know, you got such a great message. Well, I mean I would be an idiot if I didn't try to spread it along with you. I mean, it's just it's inspirational, it's uplifting and it and again it represents kind of what I'm about, the self determination. You you have proven it to everyone who's facing challenges that you can overcome them. And I appreciate that so much, Rick Green, we'll talk again soon and maybe get a post debut assessment from you after the movie debuts. I hope everyone shows up. Rick, take care of my friend. We'll have you on road again. Sure, sure thing, you too, brother seven sixteen fifty five krc DE talk station Coming up next. Christopher Smitheman with a Smither event. The first word. My good friends at Foreign Exchange, and I really feel that they are friends, and you'll feel that way too, because they'll take great care of you.
Speaker 2: We need.
Speaker 1: You have a traditionally imported car. It's time to get it into Foreign Exchange. I have your car service with a full warranty on parts and service, service done by an AC certified Master technician and paying less than the dealer. That's right. And we'll be in there at some point with a Kia. Tell you Rye, we got a used one to replace the Honda. Needed to replace that Honda. My son's got it now. But it's an important car, so it's going to full exchange when it needs an oil change or any service. That's where it's gonna go, even if it's not under warranty, because I know I won't pay as much. It's a dealer for the oil change much in the way I found that out about my German where my houry German cars, my wife and I drive them. You go to foreign exchange and you save hundreds of dollars at least in our case, which is just mind boggling to me, same oil, same filter, one hundred couple, one hundred dollars savings. Yeah, that's the point. Great service, family friendly environment. You can talk to the mechanic if you choose to, but you're not paying as much as a dealer. Westchester location is the one of the location I recommend. It's the Tylersville egsit off of I seventy five, just east on Tylersville off seventy five two streets, hanging right on Kinglin. You're there to reach them for an appointment five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi online four and X. That's four in the letter X dot com. This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. You struggling with