Speaker 1: Hello everybody, welcome to the Buckeye Weekly Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Tony Gerdeman, here as always with Tom Orr. Tom!
Speaker 3: Tom!
Speaker 2: How's it going?
Speaker 3: Tony, we had one of our patented good ideas and thought, while we're at Ohio State, we should do a show from Buckeye Grove, right on the south side of the stadium, home of a lot of lovely Buckeye trees, which will certainly cast shade on so many people. Not us, but everyone around us in the shade, not us. but also lots of cicadas and also the flight path for all of the life flight helicopters going to the hospital right over there. So it is officially a Buckeye weekly show.
Speaker 2: Also, this picnic table is operating as a pizza stone that has just been sitting here, getting warm, crack an egg on it. Just be careful with all of that. So yes, we are here and Tom, it is finally season bowl predictions time. And as we know, Nobody knows who won last year's season bold predictions.
Speaker 3: That means I won.
Speaker 2: I have not looked. Could not even possibly look. That means I won. I am not able to see my screen to even check. But before the phones overheat and everything goes, but let's start. We're doing five one point bold predictions. Nothing too crazy. I'll let you go first time. All right.
Speaker 3: Well, I have a bunch in... Mine is really clustered in a couple different categories.
Speaker 2: Non-bold categories?
Speaker 3: I'm going to say I have a lot in the milieu of freshman receivers doing stuff that hasn't been done in a while. I'm going to start with Chris Henry Jr.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: And say that the third most receiving yards of any true freshman in Ohio State history is 450 yards. It would have been very responsible and intelligent of me to write down who it was who did that. I did not do that. That is.
Speaker 2: David Boston? Jeremiah Smith, Chris Carter.
Speaker 3: And then David Boston. Okay, so 450 was David Boston. Okay, I thought I remembered that correctly. Chris Henry Jr. going to best. He's going to eclipse David Boston's mark of 450 yards to get him on the podium for... The most receiving yards is a true freshman at Ohio State.
Speaker 2: So you're saying that he is going to do something that was done two years ago. Yes.
Speaker 3: As we all know, Jeremiah Smith does not count.
Speaker 2: Two years ago, this happened and tripled it, essentially. And so now you want to say that's bold. Of course, yes, we have to accept it.
Speaker 3: The Jeremiah Smith exception lives on.
Speaker 2: Right. And even, shoot, if you want to throw some Chris Carter exceptions in there as well, we will allow that. At this point, I don't know if that's bold anymore in terms of, like, it's acceptable for this show and your predictions. But bold has to be a little, like, surprising or... It's like, oh, wow. Is 450 yards wow for Chris Henry Jr., though, based on?
Speaker 3: Based on historical context?
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: I would say yes.
Speaker 2: Based on present context. I agree.
Speaker 3: You get the point.
Speaker 2: You get the one point. But now thinking about it, without the I gotcha, without the technical truth, which, as you know.
Speaker 3: The best kind of truth.
Speaker 2: So do you think 450 yards is like, would it surprise you?
Speaker 3: Am I going to verbally say wow every time you finish a sentence on this show? If that's the standard we're setting, then that's fine.
Speaker 2: So you don't want to answer the question?
Speaker 3: I feel like... You've gotten the point.
Speaker 2: We've allowed this. It is part of record.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Then let's move on. I'm no longer talking about Chris Henry Jr.
Speaker 3: I think it is something that would be impressive as a true freshman. So from that perspective, you would say wow. This is also something that I'm saying... I think there's a reasonable chance this happens. So, you know, I can make a bold prediction that he's going to break all of Jeremiah Smith's records, and then you would say, wow, but I don't expect that to happen. So I'm trying to pick something that would be historically anomalous, but also.
Speaker 2: Plus, it's just a one-pointer.
Speaker 3: Correct. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, instead, I'm going to go bold. Here's one for you. 13 sacks for Kenyatta Jackson. which would be more than JT Tuimalo out in 2024, a half more. One and a half more than Caden Curry last year. It would be the most for a Buckeye since Chase Young in 2019. I think this is probably a two-pointer. But it's also double what he did last year. We're only doing one-pointers. I'm just going bold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like this one. I think this is a good one. And it's certainly something you could certainly see this happening. Because I'm expecting them to have maybe a little bit more chaos on the defense this year. So I think, you know, you did not hear me say the word wow. So I don't know if you'd like to defend your position here. But I think this is a good one where it represents a significant jump from his previous production. But also, it's within the realm of reason. This is not, you know, he's going to have 27 sacks. Who was the guy at Arizona State who had like 19? In the 90s?
Speaker 2: Yeah, 90s. Derek Rodgers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, was it Derek Rodgers? It's not like that level where you go, wow. But I think this is a good one where you're projecting him to take a significant step forward, but a reasonable one.
Speaker 2: I mean, double. Now, granted, it's not 450 yards receiving. What's your next one? What's your next one pointed?
Speaker 3: My next one, Tony, Ohio State has not kicked a field goal of 50-plus yards since 2019, Tony. 2019, Tony, a simpler time for all of us. We were so young and innocent. We did not know. Corona was a beer, Tony. We were dancing the Lindy, not you and I together, but, you know, we as a society were dancing the Lindy, the Foxtrot. Glenn Mason was on the radio. 2019, no, Glenn Mason was a football coach.
Speaker 2: Glenn Miller.
Speaker 3: Miller was on the radio.
Speaker 2: Coach Miller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or maybe Glenn Mason was on the radio. He was probably on the radio, too. Last time Ohio State made a kick of 50 yards or more. Was it? They're going to do it this year, Tony, for the first time since 2019. Now, have I predicted this probably almost every year over the last few years? And this is my version of the Great Pumpkin?
Speaker 2: Yes. Well, who's going to be making that kick?
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to go... I think there are... Obviously, there are two possible answers here. I think... That there is... If we had a two-pointer, I would probably have a different answer. Because I would have... I did look up the longest field goal in Ohio State history.
Speaker 2: Is it 56?
Speaker 3: It is 59.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: By Tom Scladini.
Speaker 2: In 1975.
Speaker 3: Longest field goal in Ohio Stadium in history. 55?
Speaker 2: 55 yards.
Speaker 3: Mike Nugent?
Speaker 2: Mike Nugent.
Speaker 3: And I believe there was someone else who did that as well. So that is... Those are the guys who... Those are the long ones. And maybe we do a two-pointer at some point. Because I... willing to do that but Connor Hawkins I'm going to say is the guy who makes the 50 plus.
Speaker 2: Yarder Connor Hawkins you want one point for saying boldly that he's going to kick a 50 yarder which is something he did three times last.
Speaker 3: Year did he do it for Ohio State he did not do it for Ohio State do you think Ryan Day is a Dave Aranda level head coach is that what I'm hearing Because Dave Miranda is on the hot seat. Now, if you think Ryan Day should be in the hot seat, like, by all means, keep pursuing this.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing this for me. I'm doing this for the people so that they understand. I'm going to allow this because it has not happened for Ohio State since 2019. But it has happened for Connor Hawkins, like, many, many times. Many, many times. A lot of times. No more times than what Connor Hawkins has done. Nobody has done it more often than Connor Hawkins of the people that we're speaking about right now.
Speaker 3: Was he kicking in Midwestern fall, late fall weather? Or was he kicking in Texas where it's just kind of like nice and warm all year round?
Speaker 2: If you take a midsection of the U.S., I'd say it's Midwestern. Tom, my one-pointer, my next one, and maybe this involves Chris Henry Jr. Maybe it doesn't. Three Buckeyes will have 100-yard receiving games this season.
Speaker 3: Not in the same game.
Speaker 2: No. This is something they've done a couple of times in the last decade and more than that. But the reason I think it's bold here is who is the third guy? You would assume Devin McEwen is the second.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who is the third guy?
Speaker 3: Who's the first?
Speaker 2: Jeremiah Smith Jr.
Speaker 3: Oh, is he still on the team this year?
Speaker 2: He's still on the team.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Okay.
Speaker 2: This might be the third of his five seasons at Ohio.
Speaker 3: State.
Speaker 2: But....
Speaker 3: I will give you two points if you predict Jeremiah Smith to play five seasons at Ohio State. I might even give you five for that one.
Speaker 2: This did not happen last year. It happened the year before. But again, this is more of a... Who's going to be that third guy? Is it Brandon Innes? I think Saying Brandon Innes is going to have a 100-yard receiving game is also a bold prediction.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Saying Chris Henry Jr. is going to have one is also a bold prediction. Brock Boyd, Kyle Parker, none of these guys have ever done it before.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I look at.
Speaker 2: Nate Roberts.
Speaker 3: I look at the Kent State game and think there's a decent chance. Jaden Ballard, I think, maybe had a 100-yard game against Akron, right? And... This is one I... I wish I had a little more historical context. This is one where I'd be looking this up on my computer if I was, you know, on more reliable Wi-Fi and indoors and able to see my screen. The context that I've been given is that it has happened in one year and not happened in another year.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Has it only happened... You said it's happened a couple times in the last 10 years?
Speaker 2: It's happened, like, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, and. Whoever that third guy would have been, they've done it. It's been done every other year.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. Okay. So every other year.
Speaker 1: Ish.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you're boldly predicting Ohio State to play Michigan at home this year.
Speaker 2: I am predicting something that did not happen last year, which you are predicting something to happen three times last year as being bold. So if we want to get into the argumentative portion of the show... Did you just join us?
Speaker 3: Where have you been for the previous seven minutes? That's fine. Yeah, that's fine. I'm going to allow this in the spirit of togetherness and friendship and keeping things moving. How about this one, Tony? Ohio State's defense. Do you know how many plays of 40 plus yards they allowed last season?
Speaker 2: I want to say two, but I'll say four. Was it three?
Speaker 3: If you guess all of the numbers, eventually you will land on the correct one.
Speaker 2: I'll say two.
Speaker 3: Well, it was three. I was really trying to help you out. Eventually you'll land on the correct one.
Speaker 2: How many in the regular season?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, I can think of a long one that they allowed to Indiana. And the Charlie Becker play. And I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: That's why, Tony, I am going to be boldly predicting they will allow three plays of 40-plus yards this season in the month of September. Oh, wow.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: You heard it. He said, wow. You heard it.
Speaker 2: It was an oh, wow. Not the same. Not the same. In the month of September. Okay. I have nothing to... Nothing to say other than wow.
Speaker 3: Literally wow.
Speaker 2: What I can say is... If I had my computer out, I'd like to have a little bit more context. Perhaps if we went to like 2018, or perhaps if we went to like 2022, how many such plays took place?
Speaker 3: 2018, I think they gave up two plays of 85 yards or so in September.
Speaker 2: So you're saying this happens routinely. No, well, I mean, yeah. How many of those are against Texas, I wonder?
Speaker 3: Well... My assumption is at least two, because I'm not expecting that. I'm thinking you might get a cheapie against Kent State in the fourth quarter, or maybe Illinois gets one, or something like that.
Speaker 2: Illinois is the fourth game, so we're talking Texas-Illinois.
Speaker 3: Texas-Illinois, and then the two MAAC teams.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, if I say no, then this is me attacking Matt Patricia's defense. And we know that you're not successful when you attack Matt Patricia's defense. But, we'll say yes, and then if you're, like, if If this turns out to be true, nobody's going to care because they're just going to be mad at the defense and Matt Patricia. So I will allow that. Tom, I'm going to go with my third one-pointer, something that has not happened since 2021.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Legend Bay will have a 50-50 day, a day of 50 yards rushing, a day of 50 yards receiving. He'll be the first freshman to do that since Travion Henderson. OK. OK. Bo Jackson has done it, I think, once. And I don't know that Travion Henderson has done it.
Speaker 3: Can I point out that last year, Bo Jackson was a freshman. So Bo Jackson has done this.
Speaker 2: He was also the starter.
Speaker 3: Well, you just said he'd be the first guy since.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. Bo Jackson did not do it. No, Bo Jackson came close. I checked.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay. I was going to say, I feel like I'm missing something here.
Speaker 2: The second freshman since Travion Henderson, who was also a freshman. So every freshman except for Dallin Hayden.
Speaker 3: Okay, 50 and 50. Yeah, I like this one because there's some projection here involved in how much is Legend Bay going to play. I think it's entirely possible. I think this is one you've got a decent chance of checking off in the first three weeks of the season, and not necessarily the second week of the season, where you get the Mario McCall-Rutgers game, where he just sort of rips off a long touchdown run and then rips off a long screen pass or whatever, or the Michael Wiley game, or any of those. But I do like this because it is specific enough that You're trying to sort of hit a little bit of an inside straight here.
Speaker 2: It's going to take like five touches or six touches. He's not going to get like 13 or so, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Well, right. But it's going to take one long one. That's the other way he gets there. And that would be my guess as to how he gets there. All right. How about let's have some big plays on the other side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Ohio State. had four rushes of 40 yards or more in 2025, five rushes of 40 yards or more in 2024, three rushes of 40 yards or more in 2023. So they have not been above five rushes of 40-plus yards since at least 2022. I think they might have had six that year. So I'm going to say they have six this year, first time since 2022 Ohio State has six rushes of 40-plus yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that would be obviously great for the fans, and we're here for the fans, and I'm not trying to downplay or dismiss or say no, because this is one of those, the most annoying of the bold predictions, where it's like, this is probably pretty likely, yet still technically bold, which, as you know, is the best kind of bold. So I will allow this, knowing that they have focused all offseason on... big runs and breaking tackles and getting past the second level with Bo Jackson and Isaiah West, but then also bringing in legend Bay to be somebody that can go the distance. And then also obviously Julian saying, keeping it on a, on a read and going 45 yards. Can I eliminate the quarterback run? Can you eliminate the quarterback run from this list?
Speaker 3: Yes. I will graciously allow you to eliminate the quarterback run from this list. Cool.
Speaker 2: Cool. Cool. That is great, then. I will gladly allow this. I can't wait. I can't wait until Julian says his first 40-yarder, and neither can everybody else, for different reasons. All right. This is going to be something that has happened twice in the past 10 years. Not three times last year, like Connor Hawkinson hitting a 50-yarder. But that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad that you're not mad about it. That's what I'm really happy about.
Speaker 2: Three Buckeyes will throw touchdown passes this season.
Speaker 3: I'm just counting. I'm counting the number of different trap doors built into this one. No, I'm still counting. There's still several more that I'm thinking through. Yeah, I mean, obviously you have what is, by all accounts, a legitimate battle for the QB2 position, so... You are presumably, if Tavian St. Clair is QB2, they're still going to want to get Luke Fahey out there. Maybe. And probably get him reasonable reps.
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 3: They could be doing everything. They could be trying to hide him from everyone else who might be trying to steal him in the transfer portal.
Speaker 2: Impossible to say.
Speaker 3: It is impossible to say. So, I think there's a very good chance you have three quarterbacks. Now, I note, Tony, that you did not say... Three quarterbacks throw a touchdown pass.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks are players.
Speaker 3: They are players, yes.
Speaker 2: So are left tackles. Left tackle's not throwing it.
Speaker 3: That's true, yes. You mentioned Legend Bay earlier. I feel like Legend Bay could be one of these. That's my 50-50-50, my two-pointer.
Speaker 2: 50 yards passing, 50 yards rushing, 50 taters.
Speaker 3: 50 touchdowns this year, yeah. I'll give you three points for that one. This is one where this feels almost certain to happen this year. Now, the fact that it's happened twice.
Speaker 1: In the last 10.
Speaker 3: Years, I'm i'm kind of grudgingly forced to accept that but you're welcome i don't really love it now you know what else has happened twice in the last 10 years what ohio state freshman receivers having five touchdown passes or receptions reception yes that was gonna be a two-pointer yeah no no not passing receiving now if i if i tried to say No, sorry, six. It would be six because they had six in 2019 and Jeremiah Smith had more than that by himself. Now, if I tried to say six receiving touchdowns for the freshmen, you would, I think, rightfully scornful. Yes, because just because it's only happened twice in the last 10 years doesn't necessarily make it a bowl prediction.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of freshmen. There's four true freshmen wide receivers on the team. I'll take Jaden Ricketts off the list and also take... Take two other guys off the list.
Speaker 3: Jerquaden Guilford off the list.
Speaker 2: No, it could be... Are you saying for total all of the freshmen?
Speaker 3: Total for the freshman wide receivers.
Speaker 2: The six touchdowns?
Speaker 3: Six touchdowns. Six receiving touchdowns. Can't do it. Oh, so the fact that it has happened only twice in the last 10 years is not.
Speaker 2: Connor Hawkins hit three 50-yarders last year. And that has happened even once in the last six years for Ohio State.
Speaker 3: I had that on my list and I just put it out there. I'm not even going to try it, Tony. You know what has not happened in 20 years? 20 years.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Something that happens in New York City.
Speaker 2: Julian Sane wins the Heisman?
Speaker 3: Julian Sane wins the Heisman.
Speaker 2: Right. I will accept that because that was my two-pointer.
Speaker 3: I am only asking for one point.
Speaker 2: You're only going to get one point. But the reason... Then I had Jeremiah wins it for three, just in case. Hedging my bets, even though they're going to take away from each other. But we know last year... Just one year ago, not even one year ago, Tom, at this point, like nine months ago, Julian's saying if Ohio State wins that Indiana game, he's probably the Heisman winner unless the South comes in and votes for the Vandy kid. So, yeah, I mean, it's again, it's happened. Well, it happens like every 10 years ish.
Speaker 3: 2006 was 20 years ago.
Speaker 2: Right, but like 95.
Speaker 3: That was 10 years before that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then they didn't win it for 20 years before that.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, it's due. So is that even really bold? No, I will accept that. That's fine. I can't really say no after I said it was going to be my two-pointer. My last one, and this is something that has not happened since 2009 and 2010. Mm-hmm. Ohio State will have a kickoff return for a touchdown. And why do I say, even though this is the first time since 2009, 2010, they will have done it in back-to-back seasons.
Speaker 3: So the thing that they did last year, not even like early in the season, this is something they did in November last year.
Speaker 2: What? What's the point? What are you saying?
Speaker 3: If you had predicted this before last season, you would get credit for the fact that it's back-to-back seasons. They just did it.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't have happened yet. Like, there wouldn't be something to predict.
Speaker 3: Connor Hawkins kicks a 50-yard field goal in back-to-back seasons. Now, no Ohio State kicker has done that in.
Speaker 2: When was the last time Ohio State had back-to-back seasons with kickoff returns? That's what I'm predicting for touchdowns. I'm not... Who cares about this one singular season? This is a two-year thing. This is more than this. This should be two points.
Speaker 3: So you'd like Ohio State returns to kickoff for a touchdown this year in a year when they just did it last year. And they have a particularly explosive and interesting true freshman receiver running back. And they have a special teams coach who is now going to be focused entirely on this. And they're going to be playing better competition. So they're going to have to be looking for incremental edges like this.
Speaker 2: Yes. Okay. Well, would you accept? I'm going to say just listen. Say they had not done it last year. If I sit up here and say, Tom, Ohio State will have back-to-back seasons of kickoff return touchdowns. We've got to wait a whole other year. This, we don't need to wait.
Speaker 3: If you want to predict them to score a kickoff touchdown in 2026 and 2027, I would allow that in terms of back-to-back. You're trying to get credit for something that's already happened. So I have several others here that I would be perfectly happy to share with you. And allow you to take that are actually significantly bolder than what you just threw out there.
Speaker 2: How many times have they had a kickoff return for a touchdown?
Speaker 3: In the last.
Speaker 2: Since 2010. No, no, no. Since 2011. They've had one. So it doesn't even matter. If they were to do it again, Lorenzo Stiles is gone. Is he back? Maybe they should go back and see if he can come back. He's done. He's gone. Lorenzo Stiles is not walking through that door, folks. He's gone. So even... Tom, you've predicted stuff that happened last year. I have predicted stuff that has happened in years past. All I'm saying, hey, kickoff return for a touchdown. If you just want to take off the fact that this will be two years in a row, which has not happened since 2009, 2010. But yes, they did have a kickoff return for a touchdown last year. Is every year the same?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a fair point.
Speaker 3: I'm going to throw out three other things. I'll give you Okay, I'll give you, well, one of them I was going to take for a two-pointer, which was the 59-yard field goal by Tom Scudani, that they at least attempt a field goal longer than that. I could not find any kind of record of longest attempted field goal in Ohio State history longer than that. So they will attempt a field goal longer than that.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Brock Boyd. If he has 26 receptions, that would make him the fifth most in freshman history. I would allow you to take that over the kickoff return for a touchdown. I would also allow you to have that they have 11 interceptions this year, which would be the most since 2022. Would you like to take one of those and be less disgraceful?
Speaker 2: So you're saying I can't be disgraceful. I can keep it. Now, let me think on my feet here. Just give me a moment. I may edit this part out where I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: I will note that you are sitting down, so... I.
Speaker 2: Don't... I'm wondering if I... The whole special teams is like, I haven't done enough offensive overall, like, wow things in terms of visible predictions, which have been plenty bold, but it's like, I need something to keep an eye on this year. So how about this? Something that has never happened for Julian Sayers. And this may seem bad. I was going to say a 400-yard passing day. But I think those days are done. And if they are back, then it's probably not a good thing. So let's go with something else. And I'm really wanting to say Isaiah West rushes for 1,000 yards this year. So I'll say it.
Speaker 3: I like that one. That's a good one. I think that's good. And....
Speaker 2: I might need all 16 games.
Speaker 3: You might need all 16 games. But I think, you know, you get to 1,000 yards in 16 games, that's 60-something yards a game. 62 and a half. You definitely, definitely.
Speaker 2: That's an NFL thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go. I was going to say, I don't believe for a moment that you did that long division in your head just now.
Speaker 2: Always known that.
Speaker 3: So, I like that one. That's a good one because we assume, based on what we've been hearing, that Bo Jackson is still going to be RB1. Presumably. So, yeah.
Speaker 2: This would be something that had happened twice in history before. Mm-hmm. With, of course, Travion Henderson and Quinchon Judkins.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And Archie Griffin and Pete Johnson did it.
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 2: Carlos Hyde and Braxton Miller did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's not the same thing.
Speaker 3: Not quite the same thing. But yes, no, there you go. That was a good one. Was it that hard?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Tom, anything else? Are you completely done now? Are you finished?
Speaker 3: Are you done? Unless we want to do a multi-pointer.
Speaker 2: All right. What do you got?
Speaker 3: I'm going to attempt the longest field goal in Ohio State history for two points.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So a field goal longer than 59 yards.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: How about this one? There are at least two players with receptions of 75 yards or more.
Speaker 3: How many players had receptions of 75 yards?
Speaker 2: I don't know that they've really had any 80-yarders since, like, Abuka had, like, the 90-yarder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeremiah Smith had a long one at the beginning of it.
Speaker 2: He's had a couple of 70-yarders.
Speaker 3: Jeremiah Smith had a long one, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I would go 80, but I feel like there's going to be a couple of 77-yarders, and I really want credit for that.
Speaker 3: All right, so we'll make it 77. That's fine. That's fair enough. Listen, I'm willing to be in the middle.
Speaker 2: No, 77.
Speaker 3: You said you wanted credit for the 77 yards. I will meet you in the middle.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs something to root for, root against. Okay. Three-pointer, Tom? Three-pointer.
Speaker 3: You know, I think we should have like a 20-pointer here. I think we should have like a very, very specific. That's only half as bold as me, as usual. It would be great if I had thought of this before I said this.
Speaker 2: Do you want my 20-pointer? I'll just increase my 10 by a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine. You go ahead. I'm formulating mine right now.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the Buckeyes will go 16-0.
Speaker 3: Uh-huh.
Speaker 2: With a playoff shutout.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Okay. I always say you never predict 16-0. Playoff shutout is another. I mean, the defense would have to be better than I'm expecting for them to go 16-0. So these are sort of paired outcomes in a certain degree, but still a shutout. Did Texas Tech get shut out last year by Oregon, or were they just... I think they scored a little bit. I think they scored a little bit. It doesn't feel like shutouts have happened.
Speaker 2: What's the last shutout? Michigan State?
Speaker 3: I mean... Michigan State was, I think, before the 31-0 Clemson game, so it might be Ohio State getting shut out.
Speaker 2: Yes, Ohio State was 2016. Yeah. And Michigan State was 2015.
Speaker 3: I don't remember one more recently than that, but... No, I like this one. I think it's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Memphis is going down.
Speaker 3: Ohio State beats Battlestar Galactica. Bears.
Speaker 2: Ohio State beats.
Speaker 3: USC on a touchdown pass of at least 17 yards to Jeremiah Smith in the final minute. Those are the deciding points.
Speaker 2: And that's just a 10-pointer? That's 20. Between 17 and 34. Including 17 and 34, yes.
Speaker 3: Benevolent as always. Look, all you're doing is you're taking away the possibility of it being a 77-yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: No, well... Yeah, but I'd rather... I'm.
Speaker 3: Letting you know what's going to happen. You're taking that away from yourself.
Speaker 2: That's just a two-pointer. That's just a three-pointer rather than the whole 20-pointer. So there you go. Some bold predictions. We welcome your bold predictions. Throw them in the YouTube comments if you're watching. And if you want to throw Tom some DMs with your bold predictions on Twitter or email him or you still get regular mail to the house.
Speaker 3: I do. The best way to do it is to take an address or take an envelope. and fill it out with BuckeyeInsiders.com and then click the login button. You save yourself an envelope and a stamp this way.
Speaker 2: Just become a member at BuckeyeInsiders.com and then save yourself a stamp. And now stamps almost more than allows.
Speaker 3: You to taste our pizza. Have you seen the price of stamps today, folks?
Speaker 2: We absolutely welcome you all over there. Thank you for so many of you who have shown up, signed up. It's great to see you guys. We see you in the YouTube comments and we see you on the message board. We see you over there at BuckeyeInsiders.com. We welcome as many of you as you want to come. If you like talking Ohio State football, you like watching it, reading about it, all that stuff, we're here for you. So that will do it from here. Thank you all for tuning in, and we will talk to you all later.
Speaker 1: This time, can what I feel be real? Well, she threw away the motel key. I wish it never meant nothing to me. Fare you well, now, fare you well. If you tell me that Des Moines's alright, we could steal a car and leave tonight.