Speaker 1: If I am six forty, it's a later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and of course on YouTube. And if you've been missing the YouTube party, shame on you. But it's not too late to get your ticket to the hottest party in town. Just go to YouTube at mister mo Kelly m R M O K E l l Y. You can see the show as it happens. You can participate in the show in the chat that means log onto YouTube. And this is what my mom does, and I recommend for everyone. If you have like a Roku TV, just go ahead and open up the YouTube app. You can find the show. You can watch it on your TV. You don't have to watch it on phone. You don't have to watch it on your laptop. You can watch it on your eighty mch screen. And everybody wants to see me in eighty inches high death, don't start mark WHOA I need.
Speaker 1: To see your pores up close? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't even like looking at myself in the mirror like that. It's like way too much definition.
Speaker 2: Life.
Speaker 3: Did not think about that possibility until you just said that that they can put us on yes, big old screen it just all of us are faces right there.
Speaker 1: Well, there's another way you can do it.
Speaker 2: You can just take out your phone and you can cast it, yeah, to your television or your laptop or whoever.
Speaker 1: You don't have to watch it on the phone. You don't have to. I mean you can. You can take your.
Speaker 2: Phone with you because there's nothing better than MO on the go. I get that, but you don't have to watch it on your phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you said that.
Speaker 3: I think we need a pete Hegseth makeup studio in here. Oh, don't get me started on that. No, no, no, this is serious. We need if we're gonna be on people's high def TVs, we need to look better than we look. Well, I should start doing push ups in the studio, just because everybody wants to see that. It's the warrior mentality, but ethos, it's the worrior ethos. Oh, my bad warrior ethos ethos. But we have so much that we're going to cover tonight. Some of it's silly, some of it's serious, but definitely you want to participate and partake in the show. And the only way that you can really really do that to get the full experience is to watch us on YouTube and participate in the chat. We have Carnesia who's running the chat, and she is, i'll say, the warden.
Speaker 1: Of the chat.
Speaker 2: You step out of line, she's going to put you in solitary. She's going to put you out of the chat altogether. So just understand, I'm going to be participating as well. I'm going to be typing up some responses. But if you go too far in this direction or that direction, you start saying some really inappropriate things, You're gone, just like that. And it won't be my fault. Carneesia just has the acts and she is not afraid to use it. But we have so much to cover. I don't even know where to start. But I will say this, and this is actually previewing my final thought. I think we need to have a discussion about the idea of manhood. We have this caricature of what manhood is, alpha males and all that. I don't want to give it too much away, but that is going to be my final thought, and it's going to tie into a number of these topics that.
Speaker 1: We're going to discuss tonight.
Speaker 2: In fact, in the next segment, we have to talk about the Kobe and John Bryant murall which was vandalized today, and also shout out to Lukadanca, who contributed five thousand dollars at least, I know it might have even been more to have that mural restored. And that's kind of related to what I want to talk about. What we supposedly think is important, who we supposedly respect. And I'm real big on respect, I mean, really really big on respect. Respect in terms of children towards adults, students versus teachers, young people versus older and elderly, all of that's that's really big in my life. And unfortunately we live in a society and I'll talk about this as well, but there really is in any more respect. It's a common refrain that I hear is well, you have to earn respect. No, no, no, that's not something you earn. If I encounter someone who is not being disrespectful, why does that person need to earn my respect? And maybe this is connected to my martial arts experience. I don't walk into my dojong, which is a studio and have students respect me or not respect me based on whether I prove to them I'm worthy of respect. That's backwards to me, I don't have to prove to a child that a child is supposed to respect me.
Speaker 1: I don't have to earn that child's respect.
Speaker 2: I'm going to conduct myself in a respectful manner, but I don't need to earn anyone's respect. And if you think that I need to earn your respect before you will show me respect, oh we're gonna have a misunderstanding. Because if you walk around with this idea that everyone needs to earn your respect, and nobody respects anyone nobody. Do you think that if I encounter Mark Ronner on the street, he needs to earn my respect before I demonstrate respect to him. Now, you can lose someone's respect by all means, but I think the default switch should be set at respect. I don't need to encounter a woman and know about her to decide whether I'm going to to respect her. That's silly, that's really backwards. If I were to say to a woman, you need to earn my respect, you see how silly that sounds. So why is it we would apply that in any other situation. We have a loss and lack of respect in our society because we are so self centered. We think It's all about someone proving to us individually and collectively that somehow, until they prove that we've earned their respect, they have no reason to give it. And that has never been the case, not ever. Can you imagine going to talking to your child, a minor child, and a child saying, you have to earn my respect.
Speaker 1: Mother, father? What? Go clean your room? Why? Because I said so, We've got it backwards.
Speaker 2: In this society, and I always talk about this permissive society. There's going to be a theme running through the whole show tonight. For all the things that we don't like about Los Angeles, all the things we don't like about californiaet there will be a through line lack of respect. And we'll get into that next. We talk about the Bryant mural, which was vandalized. Earlier today, it's Later with Moe Kelly. We're live on YouTube right now, and we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: KFI. Mister Kelly, We're live everywhere in the iHeart Radio app and YouTube.
Speaker 2: Last segment, I was talking about respect and how that's going to be a theme throughout the show. And the initial poll that we put up on our YouTube chat Carniesia Real quick, what do they say? Fifty eight percent.
Speaker 1: Say respect should be earned. See I have a problem with that. I have a real problem with that.
Speaker 2: Let's say, for example, I have a Fourth of July party and I invite Mark Ronner. He comes to the party, brings a date or a guest with him, which is not unheard of, and the date or guests who I don't know, I don't know, comes with the attitude, well, Moe has to earn my respect.
Speaker 1: You are in my house. Who's the date? Because I'm tempted to take her side? Mark? Okay, let me use Tawala. He's a better example.
Speaker 2: But my point is if the default is someone has to earn your respect and I don't even know you, well that's just confrontation waiting to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have to earn your respect. Now. If I disrespect you and we all know what that is, then that changes the future interaction. But just because you walk in front of me, I don't know you from Adam, What do you mean I have to earn your respect?
Speaker 1: I haven't even spoken to you, What do you mean earn your respect?
Speaker 5: People that say that are individuals who are approaching you with malice in their heart, with hello aggression, with anger. They're coming at you with a problem, with a bad mood, or whatever the case may be. Because to say you've got to earn my respect, that's aggressive in it of itself.
Speaker 1: That right there is saying.
Speaker 5: I have no respect for you at all till I am going to disrespect you until you show me otherwise. So now you're saying I have to do something, and you also then are going to be upset if you don't like what I do. It sounds to me, Tuala, and we'll get to the Kobe story just a second. It sounds to me it's almost like you're saying, I'm entitled to punk you, which is an old school term. I'm entitled to punk you until you can demonstrate to me that I shouldn't punk you, like you have to prove that you're worthy of a modicum of respect. Otherwise then I am empowered to disrespect you. It is as if going right into the Kobe story with individuals who are saying that, it's saying that the artists who painted that Kobe mural is not worthy of his art piece not being graffitied over.
Speaker 2: He has to earn the respect the graffiti. He didn't even talk about this story yet, person to person. That's exactly where I'm going. It used to be, and I'm not saying it was okay, but it used to be. When we talk about tagging, it used to be where there were rules to tagging and it was built around respect. In other words, you didn't tag someone's house, you didn't tag someone's personal property. You didn't tag actual murals, which is different from just someone a graffiti on the wall. This is an actual mural of Kobe and Jigi. It was Mambas Forever muraal is at Fourteenth and Main Streets. And for some reason, I don't care. I don't respect that, no respect for society, no respect for actual art. Let me just tag over it because I feel like it. I always talk about this for missive society. This is another example there's just no respect for anything or anyone. And it just boggles my mind exactly how we got here. And we have it up on YouTube, the before and after of the mural vandalism. That's not new. But I'm old enough to remember where there were at least parameters on graffiti and tagging. There were some parameters. You didn't do it on someone's personal wall. You didn't do it on someone's garage. You didn't do it on somewhere where you obviously knew that this was private property. You didn't do it on a store wall. You If anything, it was left to public walls. It was left to spaces that were not privately owned, like the side of a freeway.
Speaker 1: And I'm not condoning that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying there were still parameters, but there is.
Speaker 1: No respect anymore. Like a code.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a code like you don't shoot a rhino from a moving jeep, and you don't tag somebody's Tesla cybertruck in their driveway.
Speaker 1: Even in gang culture. Yeah there's a code.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, you do not tag over someone said unless you are looking for an actual problem. That is you going forward and saying I don't respect you. Not hey, rival, You've got to earn my respect. That's you saying I don't respect you, I have a problem with you. I'm looking for trouble.
Speaker 2: I would say the difference between let's say twenty five thirty years ago and now is there is no real pride when it comes to certain components or certain portions of the community. There were rules that were followed, there were things which were respected. There were things that you didn't disrespect. In other words, church's hands off, hands off, hands off. You didn't you didn't vandalize churches, you didn't try to steal from the congregation, you didn't tag churches. Now doesn't matter, it's whatever, well you're gonna say, the church in the neighborhood needs to earn your respect. Going back to that original idea, No, no, it doesn't work that way. It's that's more of a more recent phenomenon where people believe that until you can prove you're worthy of my respect, I am going to disrespect you. Do I need to have a random person on the street earn my respect? Does your mother need to earn my respect before I respect her? Does your I mean think about that. If I were introduced to your mother Tuala, do I need to have her earn my respect before I call her out her name?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 5: This is the logic that we're being presented with. See it to a logical concisis is this is absolute madness. The idea of going and there's uh in North Hills, not far from where my cold parents stays. There's this building and they're trying. I don't know what it's gonna I don't know if it's gonna be a Taco bell A star Wars. I have no idea what it is. But they've been building up this storefront for a while and every time we passed by, and for the longest time it had graffiti all over. When it was just under constructs, had boards all over the place, and we said, wow, they are really tagging us up. When they took the boards down, we thought, okay, they're up. They're putting a wall's glass all of that. This is a new spot in the neighborhood. This this is gonna be nice. Passed by yesterday morning. Graffiti all on not just the walls, but on these big glass windows. And I'm like, U, Soobs, why would you do that? Why are you being disrespectful to this business that is trying to grow and prosper in the community that you arguably live in.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that for the life of me. I was having a conversation. This was years ago. This was years ago, and this was also anecdotal. And I was asking this young person, why is it you don't think that there is any graffiti in Beverly Hills or any of the other communities. And I want to say, he's maybe thirteen or fourteen years old. And his answer was along the lines of, well, they have money, and I said, no, it's not money, it's mentality. It's the mentality to believe that this is our neighborhood, this is our community, be it Beverly Hills or Baldwin Hills, and this is something that either we're going to allow or we're not going to allow. And it's not that they own every other house. It's because they look at it as a contiguous and connected community and so they don't want that in the community. As far as graffiti, now, you may not own that house down the street, but if you felt that that house was part of your community, you wouldn't dare tag it up. You wouldn't dare put graffiti on it because that's a reflection of where you live.
Speaker 1: Would you tag your own bedroom?
Speaker 2: Because I'm speaking to a child now, so he doesn't think about it in terms of his house.
Speaker 1: It's like, would you tag your own bedroom? No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Because why that's where you stay, not be clean all the time. Your mama may say I need you to clean up your room, but you wouldn't tag it up because that's a function of you and where you live. And people adopted that idea beyond just where they're standing, then you'd have a greater sense of community. And I think we're getting further and further away from that. That's the point here, And I think when you acknowledge that, then you can see, well, yeah, I'll tag a Mamba's forever mural.
Speaker 1: Why should I care about that? That has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't need to respect anything in my community because they haven't earned my respect. That mural hasn't earned my respect. It's a mentality that permeates everything that goes on. And it's not just this portion of the community. This we go to the show I'm talking about once again, here's that lack of respect that we just don't have anymore.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You see it play out every single day on social media. That's the most obvious avenue where there is no respect.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me someone needs to earn your respect.
Speaker 2: Before you call me out of my name on social media.
Speaker 1: At mister mo Kellen, right, No, but.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, you know, we see it in the YouTube chat for example, what do you mean I have to earn your respect.
Speaker 1: I haven't said anything about you individually or collectively. I haven't said anything.
Speaker 2: And it's weird how, especially in radio, people take everything personally. I could talk about, for example, Donald Trump, and people think I've been insulting him or her or them personally. So the response is not to my argument, it's not to my position. It's to insult sometimes me or people who may look like me, or the people who may sound like me, because it's about authoritative disrespect. I have the power authoritative to disrespect you because I don't like what you have to say. Not that I've done anything to disrespect that person, but the mentality is there's no need for respect because I didn't earn quote unquote their respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like the idea of anyone in the chat feeling like anything that is said or seen or heard on the show is worthy of your disrespect because in your mind, you're listening like we haven't earned my respect. So I'm going to start it off with disrespect. I'm going to set it off.
Speaker 2: With Disrespect's Hey, Mo, you know I've got a problem with what you had to say yesterday about Blieza YadA YadA, yadah blah blah blah. We can go from there, yeah, because you've come from a position of let's just say not disrespect. But from the moment you say, we had some people in the chat yesterday get loose. I can't believe you let Jackie Ray on the show because of this. Is that the other called those ad homonyms disrespect, But that mentality permeates everything that I see in society today. It's not just a graffiti, it's not just social media. It has to do with how we treat women. You know, this is a reason why Andrew Taitu is popular.
Speaker 5: Well with who though well but you know, with a lot of back for solb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna get to it tonight.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly if I am six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and when we come back on a disrespect to Walla for his support of weimot's see what I did there.
Speaker 1: We're live on YouTube.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's later with mo Kelly live on YouTube at mister mo Kelly and the iHeartRadio app. Let's talk a little bit more about Weimo, and it might be surprising to you, Well it may not surprise you, but I have a very different take on what weimo is considering. If you didn't know, Weimo is owned by Alphabet slash Google. Weimo currently operates over seven hundred self driving vehicles and if you've never I looked at them up close, they're made by Jaguar, meaning they're not cheap quality cars. Three hundred of the seven hundred are operating in San Francisco. I can't even imagine what that city looked like with waymos everywhere everywhere, because when I drive through Culpra City and Inglewood and cities in that area, I see a lot of waymos, a lot downtown to downtown.
Speaker 1: At least two or three a day.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I mean, I didn't think he would ever get to that level of prevalence.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't mean either, and it's and it's here.
Speaker 2: But it also sets up this story where Weymo is thinking about selling some of their vehicles to individual owners in the future. Think of it like back in the day when you had taxis, you had taxi drivers who own their own cabs, or who would work to eventually purchase their own cabs. Or think of it another way. This could be the next vending machine business. This could be the next I don't know, like ATMs, where you would buy a car and then you could I guess, get a portion of the profits and that those profits would maybe go.
Speaker 3: To paying off the car at some point. Yes, so you can own it out right, like people that bought like those red boxes. Exactly that right, Yeah, that's like a movie vending machine. Okay, I can see where you could have a stream of income by owning a Waimo.
Speaker 1: I'm open to this.
Speaker 2: Why because I don't have to worry if someone dies in the car. It's not my fault, it's Waimo's insurance. Yeah okay, but don't look at me like that carnation. There's a whole respect my opinion aspect that we have.
Speaker 5: To bring back into the story. Something I brought up when this first start coming around, the idea of it. What you all argued against me is I said, pretty soon every day people will have this. It was no, that's way too far. That's not happening anytime soon. It's literally happening. I think maybe a year from the time that I first said, yes, this will be something that will be everywhere, because first they roll it out on a corporate sense, then they roll it out to individual business owners, and then everyone will say, you know what, as soon as it's not Jaguar and it is maybe Toyota making them, then it will.
Speaker 1: Be in everyone's house.
Speaker 5: People will go to say people will be saying, you know what, I'm go on and give me a way more because I've got other things that I need to do while I'm driving on my way to work. The same way, when they first try to roll out self driving technology in the first place, people weren't in it. They were trying to do other things. A lot of people were abusing watching Harry Potter. But now we're to the point where this works. So again, promise you, within maybe a year or two, they will downsize the cost of the vehicles so that you would I can have one, and then it's over. There are no more cars on the street. Everything is self dry. If it ever got to.
Speaker 2: That point, I'm with you because one of my main concerns was I didn't think we had the infrastructure and there were too many human drivers for the Waymos. If there's nothing but Waymos or self driving cars out there, and we have a lot of movies with like movie references, like a movie like I Robot, Blade Runner, Runners or you know, or what else?
Speaker 1: Am I thinking of? Minority Report?
Speaker 5: Hell back to the future with Johnny Cab, I mean it's everywhere. No, Johnny Cab was, Oh, that was a total recalled, total reco.
Speaker 2: But the point is, yes, if that is how people are getting around town, then by all means, and I'm going to get to the point where I don't want to drive anymore just because of age. Let's say I'm seventy seventy five, yes, you know, and getting a self driving car.
Speaker 1: That's twenty years from now.
Speaker 5: I would think that the technology would be at a point where everyone would have it, and that would fundamentally change the whole idea of the car market. You are going to see this fast tracked the instant, the instant that you have individuals owning these things. The very next logical step is to make it marketable for every days just consumers period. That is the way this is going to go in fast order.
Speaker 1: And this is to be clear. Weimo's not saying you can just own your own Waymo.
Speaker 2: They're saying that you can buy a way Mo and I guess profit share and the use of it as a ride share vehicle not a personal vehicle.
Speaker 5: Yes, the reason that I say it's going to move quickly is because this is Waymo's planned. But we know that there are at least two other companies that are rapidly developing self driving automobile technology, Tesla and yes, both of them are tracking self driving car technology and not and Tesla. He has the US and he has the cabs, but he is also Elon mus has also talked about the self driving cars for everyday use. He said, we have worked out the kinks in the Tesla self driving models. And I know a few people who have that and say, you know what, it's too expensive for me right now to keep up the payments on the AI.
Speaker 1: Function for the self driving.
Speaker 5: But those I know who have it, they love it takes them home parks, all that stuff. They're like, yeah, but just that extra two hundred dollars a month, They're like an ah, Right.
Speaker 2: Here's where once again we have to have the conversation about the evolution of our community, an evolution of our society if it goes the way that we're talking about. Truck driver jobs gone, bus driver jobs gone, train operator jobs, the whole idea of having someone doing a subway train as an operator gone. Obviously, any type of ride share driver or taxi driver gone, These jobs would not ever come back. There were limousine driver just about any type of transportation with the exception of a plane, and even that may be in the often.
Speaker 5: Look, we already know that's going to happen. A lot of the opposition, a lot of the individuals vandalizing the way moos in San Francisco in the beginning, stars did the ride share drivers did not respect Waymo's growth. They want to get out there. They were putting cones, they were jumping on them. These are ride share operators who saw what exactly what you're saying. Oh, they saw the end of their industry coming fast.
Speaker 2: I wonder, and let me ask Stefan, has have you heard any conversation amongst drivers or with your communication with Uber that Uber is looking in that direction of self driving cars.
Speaker 3: I know that they are, but everyone that I've talked to is kind of sounds like you. They don't want to take averless car. They're just too scared. And then the other side is because they usually work Friday and Saturday nights, they like having the conversation. I mean, people open up to me like in a big way. I've never wanted to talk to an uber driver. I would rather leaving the f alone. Oh no, if you're if you want to be quiet, I'm quiet. But people will just just spill their guts to me, Like they'll just tell me everything that's going on their life. What's going on this weekend, what's going on tonight, what's going on tomorrow night, And you know, I just give them the best advice I can give.
Speaker 1: But that's the other thing that they talk about is that they.
Speaker 3: Don't they wouldn't have that person to talk to, which I would think you would like that part, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: I like silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I may work in radio, but I like silence in my personal life.
Speaker 1: I'm the same way. I don't need to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm that guy who get in the cab and will say when I got in a cab or ride share, they'll confirm the address. That's all we need to talk about it. Or the driver will say, hey, do you want more air on? Do you want a type of music on the radio. After that, I'm in my own world. Don't even look at me, and I don't want them to take it personally. But that's not what I'm looking for. I'm not looking to have a conversation. Remember the HBO show I think was like Taxicab tax Cab Confession.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was so amazing to me.
Speaker 2: It's like and people just start to your point, just throwing up and vomiting all over you know, the cab driver. As far as what they were offering, it's like, shut up.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting because I know we gotta go to break But it was really interesting because sometimes they'll get in the car and they won't I'll, like you said, I'll check the address where they're going air fine, and then that's it, and then it's like silent for like five minutes.
Speaker 1: And if it's like a long drive, they'd be like.
Speaker 3: So I'm seeing this guy, and then it just goes on from there and so I'm like, wow, that really was that?
Speaker 1: Like that?
Speaker 2: See, I'll have someone ask me a question like, oh, so, what are you doing in Chicago?
Speaker 1: I won't want to say, none of you business? And then it.
Speaker 2: It's like, you don't, you don't need to know. I'm here to see my concubine. What difference does it make? Just mind your own business. You're you're driving me from here to there. It's like, so, what is it you do? You're in business? Pleasure?
Speaker 1: Pleasure? Yeah, I say a little.
Speaker 2: I'm always I'm always very generic, a little bit of both. I'm gonna see some friends in town for just a little while. One because I don't trust anyone.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't need to know what I'm doing, why, or if I'm what industry are working?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't need to know all that. Okay, you could be someone like Stefan.
Speaker 2: The next thing, you know, my head has been you know, I've been impaled and I'm just my head is rolling down.
Speaker 1: A gutter somewhere.
Speaker 2: Geez, just Later with mo Keller if I Am six forty Life Everywhere, the I Heart Radio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Moe Kelly. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and YouTube. I'm looking at the numbers. More and more people are watching Get in the Party, Get into the Chat right now on YouTube. You can watch it on your phone. You can watch it on your laptop. You can watch it on your television. You can cast the screen from your laptop of your phone to your TV. It's interactive. We're talking about all the stories right now, and one other story that I know that the chat is going to be talking about. Well, let me let me back up. There are some things which are attractive in idea, not in reality. Do you remember when you were a kid and you thought about the idea, Would it be great if I could have ice cream all the time? Or I could have pizza for all the meals? You know, in a child's mind, those seem like good ideas, like who wants to eat vegetables? I don't want to eat spinach. I'd rather have pizza and pancakes. It's a long way of saying some things are better an idea than actual reality because in reality you realize, Okay, now I'm dealing with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, most likely early mortality. When I talk about this next story. To me, it strikes me the exact same way.
Speaker 1: Here's what I mean.
Speaker 2: The Santa Monica City Council is considering a proposal to allow public drinking on the Third Street Promenade. Why because they want to revitalize the mall. It's outdoor mall for the most part, and it has not fully rebounded from the pandemic. The plan would allow visitors to buy drinks from local bars and restaurants and then walk around with them in a designated area between eight am and two am. I don't know if they mean eight pm, but it's printed here is eight am, but doesn't matter. It means till two am in the morning. That probably sounds like a good idea in theory, but in reality, I'm sure it's a horrible idea. How do I know. I've been to Las Vegas. Have you seen the public drunkenness in Las Vegas? The people who are drinking all night long and then they wander into the street and end up vomiting on a curb and they're just there for the rest of the evening. Don't tell me I'm the only one who's seen that. I can't be the only one who's seen that the idea is a whole lot better than the reality. Like we talked about Peanuts nightclub, and yes, I'm getting ready to do something and say something which is probably politically incorrect. The whole idea of going to a lesbian nightclub an idea was great.
Speaker 1: Super sexy. The reality not so much. It's okay, let me just use a different analogy.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is the public idea of drinking walking around with your drink. It probably sounds like it's a great idea. I understand why they would want to do that for the sake of the businesses, but the unintended consequences of having people walking around with their drinks getting into fights, because let's be honest, it's alcohol.
Speaker 1: When people get stupid when they have alcohol.
Speaker 2: And if you're gonna let them walk around until two in the morning open container, they're probably going to be a number of issues and problems that you're also going to have to be willing to deal with. What You're going to be expensive, They're not going to be free, and going to cut into the idea of the profits for those businesses who would be quote unquote revitalized by allowing an open container policy. And I'm not someone who's anti alcohol, trust me. You know, I have Jack bonded. I have gentlemen Jack in my office at home. Yeah, that's the good stuff. That's good stuff. It's good stuff.
Speaker 1: You know. It's one of those things where it burns going down. Oh, but it feels so good, feels so good. Mark. What's your weapon of choice alcohol wise?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: It just depends. It depends on the season. I think we're still in a clear liquid season. It's a brown liquor season. Yeah sure, yeah, over the winter months.
Speaker 1: I see. I don't mess with clear liquor.
Speaker 3: You don't like vodka is like a delivery device for whatever other flavor you.
Speaker 1: I don't like vodka. I do not like gin. How do you feel about tequila? Oh? We don't speak anymore.
Speaker 2: What? Yeah, I try to avoid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like an old X that I can't stand.
Speaker 3: You are reminding me about the times that the Long Suffering One and I were in say the UK on the tube and people are just bleed and drunk there, just horrifically around, out of control times and they look like they're going to puke on you, and I recall the last time we were there. I actually said to her out loud so that the guys could hear us nearby. If this guy throws up on me, I'm knocking him unconscious.
Speaker 1: I just think of.
Speaker 2: Public drinking as a frat party which is going to get out of hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hate to sound like somebody's overbearing dad here or agree with you, but it is kind of a problem when people and you know, also they have an earlier last call there, so they're binge drinking worse than we do. But yeah, the public drunkenness can be a thing. If you're a person who doesn't want to be vomited on or otherwise harassed.
Speaker 2: I would rather keep it to and I know we've got to go break, but I would say this, if you said you could walk around open container until eleven thirty or midnight or so, I'd be more inclined to get with it.
Speaker 3: I think a whole generation of people were influenced by the dude in The Big Lebowski walking around with white Russians. Yeah, yeah, because that looks really appealing, But it turns out not to be like that in real life. Real life drunks aren't as mellow as the dude. No, I don't care if the dude abides not.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm just at that point, you know, get off my law and you know, take your container inside.
Speaker 1: We all become that sooner or later. It's later.
Speaker 2: With Mokel k if I, AIM six forty and YouTube, we're live everywhere.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm done. That's it. Will help you figure it out. It's kind of what we do. K f I and kost
Speaker 3: HD two Los Angeles, Orange County live everywhere on the video