Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham to Great America, and welcome this Monday afternoon at the Triestay, getting ready for better weather after terrible weather and supposed to be down to zero in a day or two. But this week and according to Tony Bender in his forecast, good friend of Tony Sands, Tony Bender, this weekend supposed to be like forty two degrees in rain, and we need it badly, need it real bad. But until then. Christopher Smitherman has been in public service in private work for about twenty five years. He's a father of a beautiful swimmer. He sent me a video of Camille swimming like she was a fish, so she might be an Olympic swimmer one day. But we want to talk about competency of government and so much more. DEI, which is DEI out to be dee? What's happening in California? And Christopher Smitherman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Is a former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. And when you look at what's happening with Mayor Karen Bass, the Fire Department, the Governor Gavin Newsom is a complete joke. Of course, I found out yesterday in one of the Face the Nation interviews that the head of FEMA says that those in LA right now are doing a great job, a great job. Great we need If that's a great job, I don't want to see a bad job. But they're doing a great job there, and everything's great, everything's good. So, as a public official of the past maybe of the future, what comes to your mind about the response and the preparation for this catastrophe in the city of Angels.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you know, Governor knew. Someone has had to have known, right, I'm being facetious that two parts of natural disasters that he had nothing to do with in California are earthquakes and fires. And so it just seems like the executive for the for the state of California has been accent and so this notion that you know, you need to clear brush, you need to have water, you need to have infrastructure water or fire hydrants that water, you have a fire, right And so what's been so interesting is all the pointing of fingers of him, like he's even trying to blame this on President elect Trump. That guy he's not even he's not even the president until the twentieth So that doesn't work. And so this notion that you have failed government with the mayor who as you know within Africa. But what was most interesting about is she she declared the state of an emergency and then left the country.
Speaker 1: Like who does that?
Speaker 2: And so elections, Willly Cunningham have consequences, and so what's going to be interesting is will they recall the government government, governor will they recall the mayor? And out in with this comment and turn it back to you as a as a financial planner, you know, and looking at property, meaning still most Americans have a lot of their wealth wrapped up in their homes and the ownership the equity in their homes. Most of those homes aren't covered by insurance. And so the reality of rebuilding it and understanding that so many people lost everything not only did they lose all of their personal memories, but they also lost all of their equity in those properties. That this is going to be incredibly interesting. And I can't even get my head wrapped around the side of the number of homes and structures, whether they're whether they're they're schools, whether they are private homes. How big is that space and what does that recovery look like under a new administration. So this is going to This is a devastating thing, and I think Governor k Newsom should be recalled and by the way, we should learn from this that, you know, having this kind of uh is one of the reasons I love John Cranley as the mayor. He was a blue dog Democrat. He was a working mayor, was willing to take tough positions, unlike Mayor pure Ball. The question right now is if we had a flood, right we always know we got the Ohio River. Every while there's a flood. We just got a big snow, and I would say that they get an f not because of the men in women that were doing the work, is because this mayor, Mayor Purval had all our side streets really not plowed. It's why a lot of the schools could not open. Because anybody listening to me who lives in the fifty two neighborhoods knows that our private streets weren't plowed, even though some of the public. So you know, again, elections have consequences, and oftentimes citizens don't wake up until they have a tragedy, like we're looking in California.
Speaker 1: Christopher, I'm looking in the headline from the New York Times, so if it's the New York Times, it must be accurate. It's under a date of January the twelfth of this year, and the headline is before taking office, LA's mayor said she would not go abroad, and this came out because she frequently took trips when she was in the House of Representatives for twenty some years. She would travel to Africa to Cuba on a regular basis. And the story points out that you indicated to us, mayor that you would not travel abroad. What change. She didn't answer the question whatsoever. She had been to Cuba. She loved the Cuba paradise, so the way al Castro and Rayoul ran Cuba. She went there seventeen times and never came back to criticize anything about the way Cuba was run. She also has gone to Africa at least twenty seven times, and she traveled to Ghana, and God blessed Ghana. It might be a good place to be. I'm not sure, but she declares an emergency because here comes to Santa Ana wins. Guess what it is tender dry, and it's worse than tender dry because for two consecutive rainy seasons. They had too much rain, which meant the foliage grew up even more than normal, so there was more. And then six months of drought meant it was completely dry. And La is a grassland and it's a desert. So when you live in a desert, and you live in a grassland, and you have high foliage, and you have high winds up to one hundred miles an hour, and a spark could set off a complete disaster. The last thing to do is get on a plane and fly from Los Angeles to Ghana, which is summer in Africa, while the crisis is ongoing. She comes back, doesn't answer questions, doesn't know what she's doing. So I would point out that the headline is before taking off as LA's mayor said she will not travel abroad. She said, quote, I may go to Washington, d C. Or Sacramento, San Francisco, or New York, all in relationship to LA. I wonder why the grypta the trip to Ghana was relatable to Los Angeles, And I have no idea. But she's in Ghana and all health's breaking loose, and now you got me all pissed off. She went to the inauguration of President Claudia shinbaumb But she justified that, she said, because after all, that's our neighbor. She also went to France three times for the twenty twenty four Olympic Games in Paris. This is her travel itinerary. And I'm thinking, what the hell's going on? Will she be held to account? My answers, no, what do you say about that? If anything? And by the way, this is one of the most predicted disasters in the history of mankind. We know when the High River was flooding, like what was it, ninety ninety five, ninety seven, something like that. Here comes the river ninety six, it's rising. What do we do, Well, we had a mayor in charge. We're gonna do this, is gonna do that. We have this pre preposition Nothing was preposisioned. There was no water in the reservoirs. The governor, Gavin Newsen, blew up three dams because it hurt the smeltfishes spawning. I've never seen a smeltfish spawn. I'm not sure what the hell that is. But it got rid of all their pools of water. He could and then said, everything's dry. And by the way, it's Trump's fault. Now there's a question in there somewhere, can you answer it?
Speaker 2: Well, just look at what happened in Florida. You know we had hurricanes there, but you had a governor who understood about how to rally the troops, how to build confidence, that most importantly, how to make sure that the people that you know that he loves you know when you're governing that you take care of it. Let me just make make a point here, is that when you are a president, a governor, a mayor, or a county commissioner, those are executive positions, right. It's not like the legislature can high you're doing policy. You have to be have some type of business understanding because you are running something. What it just shows is that the mayor, no matter her race, no matter her gender, she's incompetent, just like the governor of California. So when you are when you're just a pretty boy and you're just out there, da da da da da, and you're running around and you can hide behind a lot of talk, a lot of wordsmithing kinds of things like the like the vice president meaning Vice President Harris who just ran. My point is that you when you're trying to run for these executive positions and you get them and you have a crisis like this, it uncovers you're incompetent. This is somebody that probably has never run a business, has no understanding of a budget, right and now now California is figuring it out. But they're figuring it out with all of their homes being burned to the ground. Yes, she will not be re elected. She will not be re elected. And Governor Newsom will never ever be the president of the United States of America. This is this is the end of his political career. I have no way we're going to allow him. There's no way we're going to allow him to be the executive of a trillion trillion trillion dollar budget when he can't even run California. There's no way he'll set the entire country on fire with these kind of environmental extremes. You and I understand that we can recycle, but there's no way. And we're going to think about a fish over the people that were governing where literally the reservoirs are just empty and your fire hydrants aren't even working.
Speaker 1: You know, Christopher guy.
Speaker 2: They have one guy who on Willie They had one guy who created a contraction, who was literally using his pool to put out water put out fires that were happening around his house. Right he literally took a plump and was like, man, I got to I gotta fight the fire myself. That's when you know the government has failed you.
Speaker 1: Well, Christopher, when you think about the mayor declaring an emergency then flying about seven thousand miles away to Ghana, and think about Gavin Newsom, the governor California. He's noted for eating out in a fancy of French restaurant during the height of the COVID lockdown, but he was the governor and he didn't have a mask on. He was yucking it up with bottles of wine, eating fancy food and drinking fancy wine when many in California couldn't do a damn thing. That's Gavin Newsom. But the big issue here, I think many is DEI, which is de The entire government in the state of California Special Los Angeles are dedicated to DEI principles and the fire chief, shall we say, is a member of the gay rights community. Her deputy chief is a black lesbian and they promote and they hire not based upon merit, not based upon qualifications, but based upon race and gender. So when they say diversity, it's not diversity. It's excluding an entire race of people. So you change the object of the discrimination from a black person to a white person, then you call that diversity. Do you think this will cause some to think, wait a minute, we can't be hiring and firing and promoting based upon skin color or sexual orientation. Shouldn't merit and competency playing in this maybe one time, just a little bit, the answer might be no, and you're hopeful that maybe the voters will come to their senses. I doubt it because I look at Chicago. When Lori Lighthead was up there, destroyed Chicago. So what do they do? They elect put in power a more radical leftists guy named Brandon Johnson who's now the mayor of Chicago. He's got an approval rating of seventeen percent, So likely they'll maybe shift the chairs around a little bit. I have no hope that California is going to do anything but keep doing what they're doing. And lastly, I'll say this, your family goes deep into the groundwater of Cincinnati. I don't think I reference this to you in the past. But you know the People's judge. Penny was in christ Hospital for four days with a broken pelvis, and there was a little room at the end of that floor. I walked into the room and it was dedicated to your father, doctor Smitherman, And I'm looking at that. I'm going, hey, I know that guy's son, Smitherman. Smitherman. There's a room at Christ's Hospital with your daddy's name on it. And so no one can say when Smitherman was hired to represent the American people, you didn't know what you were doing. No one could say that fairly. In fact, you knew what you were doing. And your family's been in this community for decades doing great work, and so DEI doesn't apply when you when you walked around as vice mayor of the city council, was there any suspicion that you were there because of your skin color or was it simply your confidence? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I remember John Cranley, who was a friend of mine and I thought served as a great mayor because he was willing to take tough positions. And actually, on a snow day you could find John Cranley on a truck. You could find him on a garbage truck. I mean, he was a guy that was a working mayor. But I'll say this. I remember a meeting that we were discussing with Procter and Gamble the taxation of stock options. And so John Cranley, mayor John Craanley had communicated to Procter and Gamble with their accountants that this guy actually understands so matters, so be prepared, and they weren't. And so he looked at me over the meeting and he looked at him and he says, I'm serious with you, that this guy understands exact face and a stop officer. But here here's my point to you. Here's my point to you that that that Newsome is is governoring newsm is a white man, right clearly. So the reality of it is what what I hear you saying, and I think anybody understands this is that no matter what the race is, no matter what the gender is, and no matter what the sexual orientation is, people have to know what they're doing in these positions. Period Number two I will say to you is that people like Condolas the Rights, who I have tremendous respect for right, her intelligence, the way she carried herself, how she served our country. Colon Powell, we can go through an entire list, being Carson, people who have served our country. But here's what I will say say to you is that we know that no matter what your race is, your gender, there are competent people who can serve in those capacities. What you are saying here is no matter the race, no matter the gender, and no matter the sexual orientation, we must elect competent people in these positions. And what is happening in California is just underscoring that that we have an incompetent governor who is white and a white male. We have an incompetent mayor who's an African American female. And it doesn't matter to you and I. At the end of the day, when your damn house is on fire and everything you have is burning to the ground, you don't care. You want a fire truck showing up to put out the fire. And guess what California has been has been unable to deliver those kinds of basic services. And I'm going to speak to Cincinnati because we have a mayorial race coming up, and we have a council. When will we wake up and make sure that we're electing competent people in those positions. We need a working mayor down there every day trying to solve big problems, not one that's sitting around trying to look good. Who who's giving these great, big speeches in the sky. We are one step away. We are one step away from California. It's not a fire, it's a flood. It's not a fire. It's the whole Cincinnati retirement system going under and sending the City of Cincinnati into bankruptcy. One day, we're gonna have to face that Cincinnati retirement system. We're gonna have to and the taxpayers are going to have to face it. But we don't have a mayor who really understands it. Our mayor is looking for the next gig. Here out in with this with mayor pure ball. You and I know that if Vice President Harris had won, he'd be gone, Oh, he's looking for the next game. We've got to elect a mayor who wants to be the damn mayor. That's what they get up every day and say, I want to make my city better and I'm willing to do what it takes to do it. Mayor Purval is looking for his next gig, and as soon as he gets it, he's gone.
Speaker 1: Well, lastly, I would say, the deputy chief, who is a black, a gay person and female LA was asking a news conference. This was a person very slight, well, what happens if someone's got to pick up one hundred and seventy five pound mail out of a burning building and walk them down the ladder. And the deputy chief said, well, that guy shouldn't have put himself in that place in the first place. And I'm going to wait a minute, I don't know what, and hire somebody. I don't care if I have a fire. I want someone to I don't care if they're black, white, or polka dot. I want harry as men or Harry ass women that can do the job irrespective of their gender or their race. And we don't have that in American society. There's forms of discrimination now being practiced against a different race than the Democratic Party used to violate, which were black folks for one hundred and fifty years. Now it's flipped the entire different direction. But Christopher, we got to run. Always good to hear from you, But will.
Speaker 2: It be Before we get off, let me say two things to you. Okay, Number one, you were stuck on your own roof. Yes, and I'm sure you wanted.
Speaker 4: A firefightre Yes, get you off in commercials. Your commercials are hilarious. They have made limitade out of Limit's brother.
Speaker 2: So when you were calling in that nine one one call, you wanted somebody who was going who was going to take care of number one? Number two again as a as a licensed financial planner who understands property and casually. That is going to be the big story about rebuilding California, Meaning you're going to see predators out there taking advantage of families, middle class and wealthy families who cannot afford to rebuild because they didn't have fire insurance because this governor, the mayor, the entire administration failed him. That is what the real tragedy is the rebuild of that. And they're going to be thanking God. Remember I told you this that President Trump was elected, because you're going to have somebody with a business sense that's going to be able to say this is how we fix it.
Speaker 1: Well, when when the shmeltfish is spawning, I care a lot more about people's lives and their property that I care about a smelt fish fish that I may put on a piece of toast. But Christopher Smitherman, thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham show. You're you're an island of sanity and a sea of intranquility. But Christopher, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Brother, God bless America. Let's continue with more. When I was on the roof, I didn't care who came, but just get me off the damn roof. I don't want to DEI hire showing up saying I'm sorry, I can't. I can't help you at all. But I was hard for the right reason. Give me somebody else. Are you kidding me? This is Cunningham. I need help. On seven hundred WLW HI Billy Cunningham, the Great America. A little bit of relief from the weather we're having this weekend, supposed to be in the forties and rain, which is badly needed. Until then, we have to go through Tuesday and Wednesday with temperatures near zero. We'll see what happens down the road. If somebody talks about global warming again, I may kick them between the legs or in the butt. I could use global warming right now one point five degrees celsius has gone up maybe in the last forty years, and we obsess over things like global warming and climate change things in that character. I'm against pollution, but I do not think human beings can profoundly affect the climate of this great world of ours by maybe driving an ev or by doing other having a different garbage bind for plastic I don't get it, but nonetheless the most of the American people agree with me. I'm watching this morning CNN's Harry Enton had a poll from Gallup about whether the American people are greatly or mainly concerned about global warming, and more than half the American people said no. In fact, the number's gone down the last ten years instead of up. Because when you listen to talk radio, as you do here, hopefully you understand from the experts, from scientists that we have the same number of hurricanes today as we had sixty seventy eighty years ago, same numbers, same veracity. The difference too many people are living out the shoreline, too much development where hurricanes used to peter out a little bit. But now, of course, the media goes crazy when the grasslands and desert areas have fires. Head on a guest last night that talked about this that LA is built on grasslands and desert. Largely Southern California is a desert with grasslands, and these fires, especially it's so called Santa Anita winds are part of Mother Nature's plan to clean up some of the underbrush and away we go. And the reason is so bad now is because so many people are built so close to the ocean and a grassland and a sandy soil, which allows, especially in certain circumstances, for large fires. The last two years, there's been an abundance of rain in southern California and that caused the foliage to grow up higher, higher and higher. The last six months there's been a little or no rain, which means it was dried out. So there you have extra full and you have dry conditions. Then you have completely incompetent administration in LA, much like in Cincinnati or New York City or Chicago, by liberal Democrats who care more about DEI than they care about filling up the reservoirs. At this point, it appears that there was sufficient water available, but the government of Gavin Newsom and Karen Bass would not allow it because of the spawning schmeltfish and also the salmon runs. So he took down three or four dams in order to make it more easy for fish to spawn at the expense of human lives and literally hundreds of billions of dollars that they expect you and I to spend. When I speak to those in the insurance industry, they tell me that insurance companies are not a bottomist pit of money. That all State and State Farm and several others, Chubb Fireman's Fund have all dropped out of southern California because they can't stand the losses. No business can. They're talking about a loss here of half a billion dollars I'm sorry, half a trillion dollars, which amounts to five hundred billion dollars in losses. And insurance companies can't charge premiums high enough to break even. And it's because that it is difficult to operate in that climate because there weren't fire facilities available. Because Karen Bass, the mayor, was in Ghana again in Africa, that there was no one in leadership positions, and I watched MSNBC this morning so you don't have to, and they pointed out that several Republicans from the congressional delegation in California were not present either. They were in Washington with Congress going on. Well, it's not the job of a GOP congressman in California to handle the fire problems in Los Angeles or San Francisco. It's the job of the mayor and the fire department. They're in charge of that. So to make the equivocation between Republicans in Washington and then the mayor of Los Angeles and Ghana is indicative of what the media does. They twist and turned the coverage to make Democrats look as fruitful as possible and make Republicans look like gargoyles. That's what the media does. I would note that the New York Times I held up this coltumn last night. Hold it up to the microphone right now, New York Times. This must be right under date of January the twelfth, which would have been yesterday. It put up at six fifty am headline. Before taking office, LA's mayor said she would not go abroad. Mayor Karen Bass of LA has been criticized for being out of the country when the wildfires broke out three years ago. She promised an interview with The New York Times she would not travel if she was elected at the mayor of LA. The reason that came up is she was number one on the list of congress persons traveling the most. She used her position on the Foreign Relations Committee to travel all over the world, especially to Africa, to Europe, South America. Every month she had a trip somewhere she left on taxpayer at taxpayer's expense, of course, And so the question arose in LA when she ran for office three years ago, are you going to stay in Los Angeles? She said absolutely. She says she would not travel abroad, which she's now done repeatedly once she took office, including issuing a declaration of an emergency. Then she gets on a plane and flies from LA to Ghana, a country in Africa that's got to be what seven eight thousand miles away. So she wasn't present when the Santa Anita winds and sparks flew and all hell broke Loues and I wouldn't note that that. And the legal immigrant from Mexico has been arrested for setting several fires there in Los Angeles. He walked around with a blow torch he's homeless, he's in Hispanic, he's from Mexico, and he's illegal, and he's walking around streets with a blow torch in his hand. There were several citizens and apprehended him before the cops arrived. He's been arrested. There's a great suspicion that individuals wishing our country hard have set these fires in four or five different locations. Easy to do when the city is overwhelmed. When Karen Bass, the mayor, has cut the fire budget by sixteen million dollars, When Gavin Newsom, the governor, the poofy hair, fancy boy from Sacramento, has cut fire protections by over one hundred million dollars in the last two years. They spend money on everything, but what they should spend money on. I know there's a centiment that you and I might have, we might have this. Well, it's Los Angeles, it's California. And how can you feel sorry for people who get what they deserve and get what they voted for. Californians vote for this, they vote for DEI, they vote for funding homeless encampments, proliferating to the tune of seventy five thousand people, seventy five thousand. They vote for individuals who think abortion is a sacrament. They vote for individuals who want to defund the police and defund there our department. They vote for this. They vote for individuals who believe DEI is not discrimination against a different race of people than the Democrats normally racially discriminate against. For more than one hundred years, the Democratic Party brought in slaves, owned the slaves, beat the slaves, raped the slaves. Then the Democrats, against the whims and wishes, gave up slavery. But then they enacted Jim Crow laws all over the South. The Democrats did that. Lynching black men and black women and raping black women all over the South was part of the efforts of the ku Klux Klan, who were all Democrats. And so when the discrimination stopped in the nineteen sixties and seventies largely, and now we have a lot of mythical racism going on, it's the Democratic Party that wants to flip and stop discriminating against black folks and now discriminate against white people. Deide diversity, equity and inclusion. Who's not included? A large race of people are not included. And how's that diversity in equity. How's it diversity When a large group of people are banned because of the color of their skin, that is not diversity. It's the opposite of diversity. So for those who say, you know, they voted for these individuals, let them stew in their own juices. I have empathy for that. I have empathy for that idea. But sadly they get the government they deserve. And if you live in California and you find yourself repeatedly voting for people like Kamala Harris and Karen Bass and Gavin Newsom, and then you vote again and again and again for individuals like Maxine Waters, you have the government you deserve. And sadly that, sadly, the majority of people in California have been swept along too long by a decadent, garbage pale of lies of the Democratic Party of leftism and actions certainly have consequences. These are the consequences not having enough water to put out fires, not having the right competent people in charge. And I mentioned this with Christopher Smitherman. Let's face it, there's much incompetence in America today. Mayor of LaToya contrel I had a guest on from New Orleans about ten days ago when the terrorist attack took place. She's completely incompetent, but she was selected because of her race, because of her color. Then you have Kamala Harris. Joe Biden said, I'm going to pick a black woman to be the president vice president. It was either going to be Kamala Harris or Karen Bass. Choose between those two. But then you also have circumstances like white males such as Jacob Frye, the mayor of Minneapolis, basically let the mobs burn down police stations in a thousand businesses in Minneapolis, and that guy's white. If people like Evin Newsom, the governor of California, who's complete fullet and incompetent, who was recalled but the voters kept him in power, and he's white and male, you have people like I know Mike Johnston, who's the mayor of Denver. He's a complete clown. He's white, and he's male, and he's married. This guy's a leftist. The one thing they all have in common, from LaToya Cantrell to Kamala Harris to Jacob Frye to Karen Bass, to Mike Johnston to Brendan Johnson to Gavin Newsom to have to have pirival and on all the rest. They all believe in liberal Democratic policies. Now we have to get out of this somehow. We have to say that this isn't working. What major American city is being run exceedingly well by liberal Democrats, That the school system is functional in fact kids attended, and that kids graduate able to read and write at the twelfth grade level. What major American city doesn't have a crime problem occasioned by it to fund the police by the Democratic Party. Look at the lack of job creation, the expenses of government, the increased taxes, the bureaucracy. Had a guest on last night this said, it takes five years to get a building permit to build a new home. There's all these studies they have to be done. You get into bureaucracy, it takes five years to do anything. Who wants to live in that environment. It's not about race, it's not about gender, it's not about sex, it's not about being gay. What's about is incompetence. We've had many individuals like Richard Grennell, who's a gay male who does a great job in foreign service. You have Colon Powell. You have Ben Carson, you have the recently departed Herman Kane. You have Jesse Lee Peterson, you have Christopher Smitherman, you have Ken Blackwell. All kinds of persons of color are competent mentally and can get the job done. But if you live in an area like Los Angeles or the city of Cincinnati or Chicago or Columbus, to be elected, you must be a Democrat. You must adhere to a certain set of principles, and if you fail to do so, guess what, you can't be elected. So some who say I feel sorry for Los Angeles, they get what they deserve. The great majority of people do not deserve this. And in fact, the County of Los Angeles is the same number of people, and it basically as the state of Ohio. That's the county of Los Angeles about ten to eleven million, and Los Angeles is poorly run. To give you another example, quickly, Florida has about a million more residents than the state of New York. But the state budget in New York is one hundred percent greater than the state budget in Florida, and there's no income tax in Florida. There's no capital gain capital gains tax in Florida. There's no estate tax in Florida. But Florida runs the state much more diverse than New York State at half the expense and delivers more goods and services. Does anybody understand this? So how can you keep doing the same thing anticipating a different result work? So Karen Bess obviously was selected because of her race and her sexual predilections. She wasn't selected for competency. She was selected because she fit a racial category. That is race discrimination by itself practiced by the Democratic Party for the last two hundred and fifty years. That's what Democrats do. So let's continue with more. Coming up next is Jason Barrett. As you may know, there's the Bible of talk radio within the industry, it's called the Barrett Media and yours truly was selected as the best radio talk show hosts during mid days in America, and this station was selected as the best talk radio station in America. So I want to get Jason Barrett on to talk about why that selection took place. But more importantly, I hate patting myself on the back. As you know, we have to find out what is happening in talk radio, What is not happening in talk radio, and what is the future of talk radio that is next? Keep hope alive because all we have his hope. Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you every day you're home with the Bearcats and the Muskies. Use radio seven hundred WLW Bill Cunningham, the Great American. Of course, Jason Barrett of Barrett Media is the official trade magazine of talk radio and also sports talking so much more. And I said to Jason off there, I think it's important to have a local radio talk show host doing the best they can under many times difficult circumstances, but to have a national perspective it is also critically important because what it does is give you the ideas of what is working or not working in other parts of this great country of ours, so we can implement them or not implement them locally. And also, Jason Barrett has written a great column the Three Real Concerns for the Radio industry, specifically talk radio, and Jason Barrett welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. Jason, how are you.
Speaker 5: It's a pleasure to be here. Bill, thanks for the invite.
Speaker 1: Before we talk about the award which you've given me in this great radio station of ours. I want to get into the broader issue about talk radio in general. Let me give you a little bit of history. In nineteen eighty three, when I began here, we were told for the first four years, don't talk about politics, don't talk about sex, don't talk about too many things that would cause an equal time request in Washington. In other words, stay away from controversy, don't talk about politics, don't talk about religion, don't talk about sex. So what I did the first three or four years as an attorney was to ask the lawyer. I did talk about urology and the prostate. Your prostate, what you can do with it. I did car repair, I did turn interior design, how to make your house better. Then in nineteen eighty seven, because o Ronald Reagan, everything changed, which was okay, now we can talk about politics of free flow. It's called the First Amendment, which wasn't practiced a long time. Then we went through the second ideation, which was the commandos of talk radio. And I can recall I was on a night at the time that Arada Rivera had a talk show in Chicago, and he organized six or seven of the so called best talk radio host and I was one of them in the nineteen nineties, and we talked about the commandos of the airwaves, to break through, to be almost like Penthouse or Playboy, to stretch the margins of what can be done and can't be done. Then that continued until nine to eleven, and after twenty oh one, guess what happened. Now we got to get serious. We're under attack. We went through the third ideation and now we're in the fourth with digital and with podcasts and et cetera. So when you wrote the column, which is the three real concerns for the talk radio industry lay out to the American people, if for the millions and millions of listeners I have, but also for those of us in the business, what do you see from AFAR as some of the big problems in talk radio?
Speaker 5: If any, Well, Bill, I think it starts with what you just touched on. Is first things First, you have to understand everything goes in cycles. There's going to be change. You know, you just touched on the three you've experienced that brought us to the current stage, and so change is inevitable. Obviously, when you look at the present state of the industry. We're in that time and age where it's becoming a digital revolution. It already is here, but it's only going to grow in further and importance in the future, especially as the dashboard inside of the vehicle changes and you know, the way you watch television changes. And so to me, the three key things that I see going on that I think are problematic for our business are Number one, we don't market our product and our people at all. I mean, think about how many media outlets today thrive off of advertising, and we tell clients it's important to buy an ad to grow your business. By the way, don't ask us to do that. Yes, we're not going to do that. So to me, marketing your product is vital for our industry, and that's the only way, especially in this cluttered environment with you have millions of podcasts. Now, how do you know what to even find? It goes back to the old principle you need to market, right, So that's number one. The second part and this is, you know a challenge on anyone who runs a brand is finding new voices and emerging talent. The same way, you've got that opportunity in nineteen eighty three to start out yep and blaze a trail and become who you've become. But you know, we have stations that are twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. We've got websites, podcasts, YouTube channels, and there are so many outlets that don't even put new voices yeah on these And it goes back to like the people who run the stations, I feel for the programmer because they're challenged. They're told, hey, we don't have resources for that. And I look at that and I say, well, if you don't have resources to invest in your future, what do you expect your future to look like? Because eventually you're going to decide one day, you know what, I've had a good run. It's time for someone else to take the baton. But who are given the baton two?
Speaker 1: If there's nobody coming? Correct? Correct?
Speaker 5: So those two things, marketing and finding new talent are critical. But then I think the third part, and this is something that the radio bosses hate to hear because not every one of them are good at this is can you even identify what a hit is and what great talent is? Like Bill, I listen to a lot of radio because I consult brands, I write stories. I've got a team of mine that work on coverage every day and look for the shows like yours that get recognized as the best in the business at what they do. There are a lot of shows that are not in that category, and they occupy airtime and they're solid. They're fine. You know, if you want to just listen to something that's comfort food, that's fine. But the days of the impactful, the Rush Limb Boss to Howard Sterns, the Mic and the Mad Dogs, if you're in the sports world, those are appointment level shows. And today I think it's just become there's too much of this in the industry where people are looking at well, we just got to keep the brand intact. We just have to fill the time slot and reduce the expense rather than find the next blazing you know, radio hosts who's going to create create impact for years to come. And so a lot of those future stars are building themselves into digital world.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You look across whether it's The Daily Wire, Charlie Kirk, Officer Tatum, there are a lot of new voices that are just building their brands digitally, and so I look at that and I go, well, if you want this industry to thrive in ten to twenty years, you've better be sinking money into the future voices that are going to carry it forward.
Speaker 1: You know, Jason, what you brought up to. Third thing, the boss's id. Many of the bosses are shall we say, sales talent that have risen at the top, and they're in charge of sales. And when I started n ten eighty three, I'm sure I was terrible the first couple of years, but I was given time to develop. I spent many years as a practicing attorney representing criminals. That's how I got to talk radio, representing three individuals charged with murdering police officers, and they asked me, how can a nice young guy like you represent just despicable human beings. I was given time to develop, and a year or two later I became pretty good. And when you have talent identification being done by salesmen, that's not a good thing. Secondly, you talk about the new voices, there's no money being developed in the market product. I think we sell advertising, goods and services, et cetera, and we're quite successful in it, but we should promote ourselves in the same market in which we want our swimming pools and our cars and our insurance, financial consulting, et cetera. Want We want that to be part of it too, So we don't market, we don't have new voices. When individuals like myself and Mike McConnell and so many people here, Rocky Boyman Eddie move on. Guess what, there's no one coming up. There's no minor league. We used to have minor leagues. You might have three hundred talk radio stations in the Midwest. Now we probably have five or six. So the minor leagues develop new talent that doesn't exist, and we have to advertise our own product in our own market because it works. Secondly, we need new voices. And thirdly, we need individuals, maybe like a Tony Bender, who can identify new talent that can be developed. And if we don't do those three things, we're in trouble, and I don't think we can be. As long as the talent is there, the marketing is there, and we can identify new ways of getting the spoken word out, whether it's a podcast or whatever, it's a spoken word. And as long as human beings have existed, going back fifty thousand years, there's always been a spoken word. Whether it's whether it's in a cave or it's in a tunnel, it's in a hole, it's in a tree, We've always spoke to each other about what's coming. And that's the rule of talk. Ready to be coaching, to be interesting, to be provocative. And if we don't do that, this industry is in trouble well together.
Speaker 5: Always chalk it up to this bill. I've always run by the adage of people like to hear people talk with and about other people, and so you need interesting people who can do that right, who can form a connection with a listener, who could interview interesting people who have, you know, unique perspectives on the world in front of us. And so, you know, in the in the years past, we would look out to, as you noted, you know, the smaller markets. Go find this guy in the middle of the country, in a small city, bring him into a larger market. He'll be thrilled to finally get a bigger stage to perform on. Today, people just build their own identities with podcasts and YouTube and they can make enough money doing that that they don't need to go to Middle America and relocate and so in the past it'd be like, well, wouldn't you be privileged to work at our radio station and look at this great opportunity. And today they go, wait, you want to pay me what I already make independently. I don't leave my house, I create my own content. I don't have a boss. So unless you're going to change my life from a financial standpoint, that makes so much sense to get rid of this. Why do that? And so if you do have people who are young who are coming into your place of business, you should want to get them around as much as possible and show them what they can create here, because look, you got in the business just as I did, and you probably the minute you started doing was like, Wow, this.
Speaker 1: Is really cool. I love what I do.
Speaker 5: And that's our superpower as an industry is when you bring people into the fold with a brand like an LW, they go, wow, look at the bigness of this radio station. I could be part of this. But you can't do that if you don't bring them into the fold and give them a shot. And the first part you touched on, you know, listen, it's okay if some people in management come from a sale side. I do think you need to understand how to make money as well as grow an audience. But what I've found happening a lot, especially the last decade since I started consulting and building my brand, is that there's become too much reliance on the sales side and not enough on programming. And I've made this comment a number of times to client, says, if the radio industry controlled film, we would tell Steven Spielberg how to write movies. And you can't do that. You've got to let Stephen Spielberg pick the actors, pick the setting that he shoots in, because that guy knows how to create a hit movie that makes money. And so we just need more Steven Spielberg's in the industry and salespeople who are smart enough to say, listen, if he's really good at identifying talent and creating hit content, he's going to help me make a lot of money, right, you know. And so to me it just goes you know, these are not revolutionary ideas. It's just that I think sometimes we take our eye off the ball and get so focused on this week, this day, this month, that we're not thinking about two years, three years in the same way you were given time to develop. Great talent, take time to develop. You know, it takes you two years to connect with an audience and really start to become a you know, a trusted friend on the air. And so if anything, I just think we've got to get back to our roots and really understand that. Like unlike the year's past where you were compared to other radio the future is going to be do you do audio better than television? Do you do audio better than print?
Speaker 1: Bill?
Speaker 5: Go look at the New York Times on YouTube. They do better video and have more of a following than TV stations, yet people would call them a newspaper. So you know, when you get into the world of competing with Spotify, Apple, Amazon and every other news operation from television to print, and they're doing audio as well as you, well, then what makes you unique and important in a decade You've got to continue to invest in your product and your people.
Speaker 1: Someone, starting here in the beginning, I would say to number one, be an interesting person, Be well read, know how the world operates, Be a little bit of a a storian, a little bit of political scientists, be a little bit of a geologist, be a little bit of an urban planner. In other words, have some experiences in life. Number two, you have to you have to build your brand. And by that I mean we had a living legend here named Jim Scott who would have business cards printed up. When you got off the air at nine or ten o'clock in the morning. He would walk around restaurants at lunch time, hand out his cards, meet people like he was running for office, and he would say, Okay, listen to me tomorrow morning. What's your name again, I'll mention it. And what I did in the beginning was take every speaking arrangement that I could get. Every engagement that got a hold of me, if they wanted a pep rally, someone to cheer them up for a football or basketball game, or speak to some other group, I was always available to go speak to build my brand. And then when events took place in Cincinnati, whether it's the reds of the Bengals, or a flood or a political upheaval or some other disaster, those individuals knew kind of they kind of know Bill Cunningham, the kind of my nickname is Willy, Get a hold of Willy, and then I would call them. In the beginning, I would have high school coaches on the air with me in order to talk about their big game the next night, Friday night, and then they would invite me to the pep rally and I would cheer them up and get them to win the game or lose the game. Now what I do is invite in the state champions So if you want a state championship boys or girls basketball, football, hockey, whatever it might be, soccer, I'll bring in the coach along with three or four star players. Now what would happen is the entire school would be listening. They wanted to know why Muller High School won the state basketball toler or why Beachwood High School and Northern Kentucky did well. And I had the coach on and then I build the brand, and then I try to be interesting. I try to be well read. I try to be a good interviewer. I try to connect with the community and touch everyone within one hundred miles of Cincinnati. And after forty one years, I've been somewhat successful at doing that because I worked at it. You just can't show up in the morning and say, Okay, what have we got today? The night before I'm thinking about today, what am I going to do that this afternoon on Monday. Oh, I got what's the angle? Go online, find out what's going on. I read the Inquirer. Print media is largely collapsed, it doesn't exist much anymore, but there's something there. Local television does a okay job reporting the news. I go there, I look at other sources. Then I connect with people to inform my audience and to entertain them, and never forget the entertainment aspect. Many times I'd listen to Rush Limbaugh and laugh, and you've got to be informative, and you've got to be entertaining. You've got to be connected to the community. They have to know who you are. When something happens, they want to turn and see what Willy has to say about it. Jason Barrett of Barrett Media, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, Bill, what you just touched on is the importance of the marketing aspect of what we've touched on, in addition to the content. Right to me, it always comes back to you've got to have great content when you step into that studio from the microphone on right, Yes, but you also have to build relationships with your guests, with your advertisers, with your audience. And so you're in the Bill cunning And business. WLW survives and thrives based on the fact that you are a really good content creator who knows how to connect with people. And so the more people that come to your party every day, the better it is for wlw's business, the better it is for the Bill Cunningham business. And so what you're touching on is something that every host in America should be doing. They should be marketing themselves. I don't you know, today we have the advantage that we didn't when we were coming up in the industry, where we didn't have social platforms, we didn't have video the way we did today. I mean, I was thrilled that I didn't have to cut real to real tape when I started, right, So, so things have definitely changed. There's more opportunity than ever to market. You know, it still goes back to shaking hands, building friends. You know, the same way you talked about connecting with the high school coaches is the same thing you have to do when you're working with an advertiser to make sure that they support the station and your show going forward. And so all of these things are easily doable if people prioritize their business and care about it. And it can't just be the talent, though, Bill, because you're going to do your part to try to make sure your show performs. But the radio station has to do their show their part two. And I'm not just saying WLW. Every radio station has to do their part to let their local market know, hey, we have a great product, Hey we have great talent, and this is a place you should spend your time because if you do that, eventually people spend time and that becomes important and appealing to a lot of people who want to spend money.
Speaker 1: With great conversation. And once again, I want to thank you, but I guess I was selected as the best talk show host in America Middays, and I'm very thankful of that you picked this radio station, or shall we say those in the industry pick this radio station as the best talk radio station in America. And Jason Barrett, Barrett Media, the official trade magazine of talk radio, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And we speak the same language. And I'm glad that you and I are both out there. But like Tony Bender, and programming that can identify talent and help us out and maybe we'll do it again and about a year to see where talk radio is at that point. But Jason Barrett, thank you and for what you've done for the industry, and thank you for that designation of yours truly in this station. And Jason, may you continue to have a great day. And God bless you.
Speaker 5: My pleasure, Bill continued success to you and the crew.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: In Gonzales, looking to send Washington into the divisional round.
Speaker 1: Step good, kick, it is.
Speaker 7: The Cordiac commanders are the clutch commanders. Day do it again, We'll see you.
Speaker 1: It's a troit Gonzales ticks the talk It Hello, Hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 6: Guy in Gonzales looking to send Washington into the divisional round. Step good, bold kicher.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 7: Commanders are the clutch commanders. Don't do it again, We'll see you. It's a troit Ta Gonzalez.
Speaker 1: Kick said the talk It kicks, unbelievable. Who is that guy? Do you know who that guy is?
Speaker 8: That's the Commander's radio network. Kind of sounded a little bit like Dan Horden a little bit like maybe, uh, what about Paul Keels. He's still doing Ohio State football?
Speaker 1: Yes he is. I'm watching the game. Of course, first down on the one, Zach Taylor play was called, which is second and two. He throws it out to the left six yard loss. Zach Taylor would have called that play. Is that correct? Probably?
Speaker 8: Yeah, But it's first down on the one and you well, you can't get through the why don't you go the one way?
Speaker 1: And then sweeping a white He had a wide open area cut of the hill. I would have said four times, quarterback sneak. But you're not going to give it to somebody and get No, you're not going to get the push push either. Against Ohio State, they're nine and a half point favorites against Rocky Boyman's bunch a week from to night. What does Rocky say about that one? I don't know. We'll wait and see if they come in at two thirty. If he's got does they have the guts to come in? He's got the guts. If not, I think I State should hammer. Oh no, we'll see. Well, nine and a half's a lot of points, for sure. A Notre Dame hasn't lost since Northern Illinois in September, and this is almost February. See what happened? College football never ends all next year. He goes to sixteen. Now what they'll until March? And like the NBA and Late Martin to spring camp. It'spenking of Soccer FC is now reporting, So I guess winning camp is on? And then where's Acosta? Where's Lucho? What does he say? I don't know, they don't know where he's at. Does he want money? Did he go back? Is he gonna go play for a home Argentina? Does he want money? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I guess he's under a deal. Deal, so get there. Yeah, they're they're reporting already. Their first match is like a week from Friday or something. Well that's not don't they play until December?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: There's no off season, no no for nothing, thanks, No offseason in college football, no off season hardly in baseball, basketball, you're playing all night long. Hockey you're playing until you know, almost training camp and seg Today is frank zy Bell's eighty ninth birthday. Today Frank Zi Bell a Sarah Poles and Spas. He may not be eighty nine. He looks a lot younger than that though.
Speaker 8: I think he's about forty nine, No, forty it's like he's holding his age.
Speaker 1: Well, you know. Also, Willy we Hit.
Speaker 8: We say happy birthday also to one of of our own today, who isn't the illustrious engineer extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Mike T and T Mills. Thank god, he's the Nike Mills birthday and and broadcasting legend in the tri State. Bob Bron Nope, Rob Bron, Nope, Governor Bron, You're no you did who he's just got sworn in as the governor of Indiana.
Speaker 8: No, no, you were, you were, You're going You've gone cold? You were hot? A couple of pix ago. He's on Channel twelve. Twelve stands for news right. Nick Clooney ninety one years young today, ninety one lived a long, lappy birthday Nick Clooney segment, Did it all right?
Speaker 1: News talk show? Everything? Yeah, ran for office, got hammered as I got hammered too. We share something in common that I was hammered twice. We just talked to Joe Dieters. Shall I say Justice Justice Joe? Yeah, we can't call him Justice Joe anymore because judge if that just got to arrest us. Well, he said he was in Kenwood almost came by. Well why not, he said, he's above us.
Speaker 8: He's oh, oh, pardon me. I mean, well, you were there at the coronation, right. It took a Dare Park kid to swear in as Santax Boy. That's all I can say without me that sant X Boy had no shot picked him up after he lost to John. You tak you're you're taking credit for everything justice Joe has done on his austrious career.
Speaker 1: He tapped me on the shoulder nineteen eighty five at the Board of Elections, Yeah, and said can I get on there? I said, aren't you? Are you the guy that lost to John Waxmunsky. He said, oh, yeah, I'm Joe Deaters. I said, no, you can't get on there. Go win something. And forty years later you lost to Helen Fix the fixes in, get the fixed out, both of them. Man Voto Cunningham. How that modo go? It was pretty good by probably at the time. But the next year I ran from Adare City Council with a guy named Doug Oppenheimer, and my motto was a chicken in every pot. That was a democratic thing. Wasn't you long I you were a democratic one. I was a democratic proud demo maybe one again. Now you're in your come back to your senses. I'm coming back the other direction. And after that I'll go I'm not sure I'll be a Democrat. But you never know. Segment. You never know. By the way, Chris Smitherman should run for mayor on the Charter I ticket in Cincinnati. What's the deal with our mayor? The mustache and that new hairdo and the glasses. He's losing it.
Speaker 8: Oh and also Willie we thank God, thank God today for the girders that has shown up on the I four seventy one bridge.
Speaker 1: It surprised me. We're not there doing the show live and hearing them hammer the hammer the girders in. Mike Dwaine told me the bridge would be operational by the middle of February. That's about five weeks from now. It's possible.
Speaker 8: Well, they got to the bran Spence DoD in forty five days right when that blew up. That was a little different. We got to get these girders seven girders. Segment, not girdles, but girders.
Speaker 1: Well, heave the student reporters.
Speaker 8: Aproud service ever your local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers.
Speaker 1: Tamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Schmid.
Speaker 8: Heating at Koolie five one three five three one sixty nine hundred spots. You've better called tempster over the next few days because that temperature is plummeting zero much like the stock market.
Speaker 1: But this weekend brain and forty degrees, that's exactly what we need. Then you know what you ought to do. You got a car, call Frank's eyebell. You might be able to get a pool by the get a pull if you called today, you'll swim this year.
Speaker 8: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town where they have your thirst covered with a non alcoholic beverage tasting this Wednesday, six to eight pm at Party Town in Florence.
Speaker 1: Let's party. Let's see Mac Uberfluss.
Speaker 8: Matt Uberfluss, the former Chicago Bears coach, is involved in the search now for the Bengals new defensive core ordinator. Mike McCarthy. Out in the Big D that's Dallas to you and me, the Cowboys head coach. They will have a new one. The two sides could not agree on a new contract. The leading candidate for the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Job is eon Dion Sanders.
Speaker 8: College basketball, Auburn is the new number one team in the nation in this week's Associated Press poll. The AP Iowa State is second, Duke third, Kentucky eighth, Perdue is seventeenth.
Speaker 1: What about Xavier? About Sean Miller? They've got a win at Paul Saturday, Wes Miller, and now it's Miller time. Wes Miller.
Speaker 8: They were booing it with three minutes to go Saturday against Kansas.
Speaker 1: Not good. So Auburn's the new number one, Cincinnati thirty fifth? What number? Which Miller is better, Wes or Seawan? Yeah? You can get the latest on the Xavier Musketeers tonight Sean Miller Show at seven on fifty five k see the home of Brian Thomas and also the home of Tony Bender and Scott Reinhardt. By the way, segment, we were selected as the best talk radio station in America, my part media, we get another award? Yes, how about saying behind you all those other awards? Just line them up? Does anybody care? Don't get me? Have you heard any have you heard anything, don't get me started.
Speaker 8: College football one week from tonight, national championship on the line in the atl What about Rocky?
Speaker 1: What about Rockey?
Speaker 8: Ohio State Buckeyes? What about Rocky against the fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Can you give me Paul Keele's number? I think so, let me have his number. I want to call Paul Keels good things set up? Soccer news FC Cincinnati's signing midfield midfielder Brian Anuga today to a contract through twenty twenty five. He made he just got done playing with Nashville SC What about getting on Maybe I'm outo Acosta? How about Arch Sleister? Talking about Ohio State? Is he locked up again? Cincinnati's Peyton Sterns and Katie mcmalley. I like her first round matches coming up later tonight Cincinnata time in the Australian.
Speaker 1: Open, playing tennis in Australia. Yeah, kick off the season. That's good, I guess, yeah, don't know. But second then they'll be here for John Barrett's Cincinnati Open. Cincinnati opened August. In August, but when We're selected is the best talk radio station in America by the Bible of Talk Radio shouldn't that be a big deal? I would say so, Yeah, you're number one? What Sloan?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 1: Eddie and Trace or Eddie and Rock excuse me?
Speaker 7: Four?
Speaker 1: Scott Ryan Hart's the best program director in America. Not bad. It's like the Big Red Machine with Sparky Anderson and four studs and also some pretty good other players. Referring to you and Brian Combs, don't forget them? Well, you think could I be Ken Griffy Senior?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: George Foster? I think you're George Concepcion. A big argument is two, Okay, who's a better shortstop? Barry Larkin or Davy Concepts? I think they were great in their and their and their time. Barry ninety five m VP, MVP right, Hall of Fame, National Hall of Fame, right conceptsy On no MVP Hall of Fame. I think he should be right. He was three or four in the best shortstops of his era. Yeah, I think so. Segment is added in sports. I think so, Yes, humble and quietly proud, would you agree? Always now segment on this weekend? Things are going to get better. I'm told by the city plow manager. You know there's plows out there plowing that these these speed bumps all over Cincinnati have made it damn near impossible to clear roads because the the plows keep getting stuck on the speed bumps. They don't enforce traffic laws anymore in the city because it's politically incorrect it so they put down.
Speaker 8: Look at the look at your latest red light. When you go there, I always wait five seconds turns greenand make sure exactly because the mayornism doesn't want traffic laws in force.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, anybody then one homeless law town doesn't either done one of my force.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: So therefore the obstacles the bumps, and shall always say in the road the speed bumps catch on the front and they break it, and so the stupidity of city government stops unbridled. So I don't know what to tell you. Well, probably some streets are probably have never been touched since in a week. Is anyone out of Mount Adams yet? Is that functional? Can you get out unless you got skis? Can't get out? And on the side, you know, it's a law that you have to clear out your sidewalk of snow. Are you aware of that? I have no, I didn't know that. Really, I'm gonna send it in every in every little at every town around here, or in Cincinnati, the city of Cincinnati, not in the state of Ohio. Wowbody as a law that says you have to clear your sidewalk, try to walk on. I went to zips Hamburgers the other day. Okay? How good is zips the best? Okay? And you could not walk on the streets going to and fro Mount Lookout Square because no one is cleaned off their own sidewalks. It's a law. You can be cited for that segment. I don't want you to get them out there and do it. Get them out there and do it. But the city is so run incompetently that it doesn't do the basic things like clear the streets and quit putting speed bumps in the mattle in the middle of Madison Road, which, by the way, that when the snow plow comes through, guess what, kaboom, it's thousands of dollars worth of damage. You don't know where it is right well? You ah, So you think you think your things are easy in middle Tucky, they're not. Okay, segment, Get me out of the stood's report, please, Willy and utter of a beautiful day here in the tri State, and watch out, those temperatures are fallen. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report. Build that wall, Build that whall. How about several illegal aliens in law La have been arrested with blow torches in their hands setting fires, and two of them are legal immigrants from Mexico and they're setting fires using a blow torch? Can you explain this to me? Plus, terrorism reigns supreme, and I don't know that those poor folks are They're wiped out, wiped out. It's gonna take years to come back from that. According to one insurance expert I watched on TV, seventy percent don't have fire insurance because it's too expensive. One woman said in a somewhat modest home, who was two and a half million dollars, looked like your house cap. God said that it cost me twelve hundred dollars four years ago for fire. Twelve hundred bucks. Yeah, now it's twenty two thousand a year, And she said, now it's gonna And no, I didn't do it. Now I wish I had. Would you spend twenty two thousand dollars a year? Live it out there? Yeah? Probably so if you can, you have to pay it. But what if you can't afford it, Well, then I guess you go to a bank. As you go to a bank borrow the money, you borrow money to have an insurance premium. With the fires out there, heck yeah, okay, that's it's incredible out there. It's unbelievable. They've lost fifteen thousand homes. Strecific Palisades is gone. How about nine public schools have been burned to the ground, nine public schools, stopping centers, strip malls, playgrounds, banks, restaurants gone. Not just like flooded. We got to get right, got to get there. No structure gone nothing, no electricity, no power. You got looting out there? What are they looting? Mass wisted metal? Or they go through it and see if somebody is as safe and they kind of get it open. Most people have a safe or something, and most of those arrested, the looters and legal immigrants. That's what I figured.
Speaker 8: Look at that segment obliterating and then the smoke. But the smoke from all this, how's that going to affect people years down the road?
Speaker 1: You want to talk about iron fighters, You want to hear about irony Allegedly, Gavin Newsom, who's a clown, is concerned about the environment. His policies have done what to the environment? Obliterated it? Right, So those who seek to use laws to change the environment for the better and act laws that destroy the environment.
Speaker 8: Then there's a bunch of dopes out there running the drones, I guess for their own enjoyment or something hitting the planes. What happens if one of those planes go down death? I mean, come on, man, look at that right there. Critical threat through Wednesday. Unbelievable. I'm glad I live in With all the problems we have here, I want to stay right here.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Let's continue Bill Cunningham the segment number one in the country right here on news radio seven hundred w L Do you know I would look to my left, Fox News and sing and are both reporting that hamas expected to release thirty three hostages in first phase of emerging cease file ceasefire deal. I'm not sure the timing of that release. Allegedly, it's going to be very very soon. Much like when Jimmy Carter was leaving the president, seeing Ronald Reagan was taken over, the first thing Iran did was try to curry favor with the incoming president, Ronald Reagan by releasing hostages. It's happening again. As far as weather's today, tomorrow, the next day, we're not sure, but AMAS has agreed to release thirty three hostages in first phase of emerging cease fire deal. More to come. Allegedly there's about one hundred and two, but there's been some reporting that more than half have died or were killed in custody by Hamas, which is a religious organization acting under the auspices of the religious leaders of Iran, killing innocent men, women, and children. So we'll see what happens at that moment. Plus, as I speak, Joe Biden is delivering his foreign policy legacy addressed to the Department of State. He's telling everyone in the Department of State what a great job he did as the commander in chief slash architect of the foreign policy. We have, in effect now handing over to Donald Trump a literal dumpster fire. The fires are everywhere, and right now as I look, strong winds threatened to undo the progress his crew's battle La blazes all over Hell's half Acre, and it is thought that it's going to be a year's if not a decade or more before the area resolves itself and it can recover, but maybe longer than that because of the insurance crisis. There's a little bit of an insurance bump here in the Tri State, which is why I deal with Alvin Rohrer. Put the roar back in your insurance, because he will do his best to hold down pricing and do a market you around the world to get you the best deal imaginable on your insurance. But that's a different story. If you're in Florida, especially California, the insurance businesses are dumping out. One report had seventy percent of the structures destroyed were not covered for fire calamities because the last few years it's been hard to do business in the state of California, if not impossible, and no matter how big the insurance company is, they cannot continue to do business losing every money with every policy they write. Doesn't work that way. So, as Joe Biden this afternoon now begins to celebrate his policy successes, especially foreign policy, I thought it might be wise to kind of review where we were four years ago. As you know that the Donald Trump Trump forty five left office and he gave to Biden. A very strong economy in the United States was in great shape energy wise. In fact, you've noticed that the pump right now prices are going down because of the Trump effect. There was also a secure border, and there was large parts of the southern border left to the side to be put up over the next six months. One of the first things Joe Biden did was take that order and tear it up and put in new orders to do not put up any more offenses, keep the fences down. Then also recently issued an order to sell it which was lying fallow in the ground. But at this point that's been reversed. So when Trump left office in January of twenty twenty one, the country was strong. We had American energy independence who were selling energy all over the world. We had a relatively secure border, and more to follow, had a robust military, peace was abroad, and economic prosperity at home. You might recall that there were no American soldiers the last eighteen months killed in Afghanistan, and it was because Trump spoke directly to the leadership of the Taliban and told the Taliban where they were during the telephone call and said if one more American soldier is killed, I'm coming after you and your family. The Taliban wanted to live, so they stopped killing American soldiers. There was prosperity at home and prosperity abroad. In addition to that, you may recall that the unemployment rate was as low as it had been in forty years. That inflation was non existent. It was like one and a half two percent. That more heage interest rates were below three percent, sometimes two and a half percent. Inflation was very low. The country was quickly recovering from the depths of the COVID pandemic. In January of twenty twenty one, when Joe Biden took office, all he had to do was maintain the status quo and make it better. Often say, take the best and make it better and find a way to stay together. That's all he had to do. But Joe Biden, being a left wing liberal Democrat, completely in the hands of people like George Soros, said, We're not doing that stuff anymore. I don't want to secure border, I don't want American prosperity. I don't want a strong, proud military not at war. What I want is the democratic way of doing thing. Which is chaos everywhere. He could have continued the successful Biden policies, he decided to engage in reckless federal deficit spending, increasing the debt in four years by eight point six trillion dollars to thirty six point five trillion dollars. The biggest spender proportionally in American history bar none, and to do that he had to borrow a whole bunch of money. When he started borrowing the money on the ten year note in order to finance all the Democratic Party giveaways. What happened to interest rates were they won up when there was less money available and more desire. Forth, the price went up. He's the biggest spender in American history, and this massive spending led to rapidly increasing inflation in the federal reserves. Decision to start raising interest rates, we got to raise rates. Consequently, mortgage rates of skyrocketed, leading to a crisis in the real estate industry and keeping millions of Americans from realizing the dream of home ownership. This was a specific policy of Joe Biden, and in the insurance businesses. One can only imagine when, if at all, California will ever recover from this, because most of the homes are not insured, and most of the wealth family has is in their private home. It's gone. In fact, not just their house is gone, but all their memories, everything in their home is pulverized. It's incredible. And as inflation soared at home up to nine percent under Joe Biden. By the way, when he took office, it was one point eight percent. His policies after a year and a half got up to nine percent. And the current household debt for Americans increased by one hundred and forty seven billion dollars in the third quarter. Listen to that. The household debt for Americans increased by one hundred and forty seven billion in the third quarter through a staggering seventeen point nine trillion dollars in American household debt, which includes about one point one seven trillion in credit card balances, so Americans were forced to charge more to pay their bills. Additionally, Americans were unable to save money in their savings account, which would have had the impact of doing what bring down the interest rates. And during his presidency, Joe Biden credit a catastrophe at home and abroad. Now American people view him extremely unfavorably. Right now, he's going to leave office as the most unpopular, the worst president in modern American history. He's beating Jimmy Carter at this point. It's a lousy record, it's pitiful. It'd be logical for Biden to assume to end his pathetic presidency on a high note. Unfortunately, he's going in the opposite direction. Just in the last couple of months, he took two hundred and fifty million acres off the shores of America out of available oil and gas reserves. He also is announced two more national monuments in California, preventing federal drilling on about forty thousand more acres. He pardoned fifteen hundred people going out the door, including his own son, for various drugs and other charges, including the trafficking of a teenage girls for his personal benefit. This is what Joe Biden's going to talk about. I guess he's talking now at two of five pm to my left, and it's pretty sad. And just in the Middle East, Just in the Middle East, when Trump engineered an historic peace deal called the Abraham Accords, they were building on Joe Biden could have built on that success, but Biden didn't want to do that. He play caated and awarded the radical rulers of Iran with gifts of over six billion dollars in direct money to Iran and also made them gave them more favored nation trade status and also released to them about seven hundred million dollars in additional money's held in American banks. And right now, Iran used that money to do what to increase the military aspects of a HESBLA and a moss and the Huthist and more. Iran used that money to put the Middle East on fire when it was shall we say, subdued under Donald Trump the Abraham Accords, that Iran was being controlled. And now there's real fears that Iran somehow is going to get a nuclear weapon. One of the first things they would do is use it against Israel and then the world would basically end as we know it. That that is the and I haven't talked about Afghanistan yet. In Afghanistan, it was a peaceful time when Donald Trump was in office, and he also very peaceful. What he did was provide schools for girls and women in Afghanistan. They started having their human dignity and their human rights restored under Donald Trump. Under Joe Biden talk about human rights girls and women in Afghanistan, they were obliterated. Biden elevated woke generals and woke admirals and considered DEI policies in the military, resulting in a severe recruitment crisis. Every month ten thousand American men and women do not volunteer to go to the military because they don't do not hold it in high regard, and Biden projected American weakness after the withdrawal from Afghanistan that left thirteen American military personnel dead and the Taliban a deadly terrorist group in control of the country with billions of dollars of our military equipment that they used in parades. Just the Afghanistan by itself was an unmitigated Biden disaster, would you agree. They celebrated the collapse of the regime put in by the Americans to govern Taliban using our military hardware and pray to that down the city streets and Kabo Afghanistan. And the weakness also told the Russians go ahead invade Ukraine and this led to three years that deadly war with two million dead in and around Ukraine. Because of what Joe Biden has done his presidency makes Jimmy Carter's look like it was good. For God's sakes. This is awful, It's terrible, and all began under a lie, perpetuated by a lie, which is he's mentally capable to do the job. The New York Times has now reported that in the early days of the Biden administration in the in the spring of twenty twenty one, it was known by his staff and by others this guy was not mentally equipped to do the job. He didn't have the mental ability. He was failing mentally and has gotten worse the past four years. And who covered it up? Democrats covered it up. The liberal media covered it up, NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS covered it up. The Washington Post, New York Times covered it up because it didn't fit their purpose of promoting Democrats and hurting Republicans. It is really unbelievable. With this lack of mental ability has been the president, causing many to ask, by the way, who is the president who's making all these decisions for judge ships, for foreign policy, Who's making decisions on taking out of the public domain the ability to drive for natural gas and oil off the nation's coast. Who's making the decisions about destroying ann war and all the pipelines. Joe Biden is not capable of reading or making a decision. Hell, he thinks that Kamala Harris still could beat Donald Trump for the presidency, could beat him. She ran and she lost. He's not even sure who ran in the last election. And he's the president. He's left us massively in debt, disrespected around the world, a wide open southern border, a currency to this being trashed, and a debt that is now thirty seven trillion dollars, leaving Americans approximately eighteen trillion dollars in personal debt collectively all around the country. And to make things even worse, last Friday, the Biden administration, believe it or not, issued an eighteen month extension of TPS Temporary protective status for about a million persons seeking asylum from Ukraine, El Salvador, Sudan, or Venezuela. This is an attempt to, shall we say, Biden proof the Donald Trump administration and its ability to deport non citizens from this country. You might recall in Springfield, Ohio, something like twenty thousand Haitians for granted TPS status. And in Lachland, Ohio, near Wyoming, Ohio, there's thousands of more Tanians wondering the streets what's going to happen next. Well, Biden just made it very difficult to deport them because he giving them a twenty four month extension on the TPS status. That is a small inkling, according to Matt Reees, of what Joe Biden and others have done in this country. So to compliment him and to award him with anything is despicable. I consider Joe Biden to be a disgraceful man, hateful and angry, who has committed numerous sexual acts against family members and others for which you would never held account I cannot underestimate the loathsome presidency that has been left behind and given to Donald Trump. It's a nightmare that we will courageously try to forget. But we can't because we got one more week to go. And as jade Van said yesterday, there's a dumpster fire underway literally and figuratively all over this world because of the policies of Joe Biden. And these are the same policies in effect in Los Angeles and Chicago and New York City and Washington, Memphis, and Cincinnati were liberal Democrats have theories about the way things should be, but instead the reality is that there's not a major American city with functioning public schools, a fully funded police and fire department jobs proliferating through out in places where people want to live. My own art town right here in Cincinnati nineteen seventy had about a half million residents. We've lost forty percent of the residents. And let's face it, no one would send their kid to public schools in Cincinnati if you're the option to do something different because to the policies of liberal Democrats, at some point they should be held to account. Many feel sorry for the people of Los Angeles, California, what they're spending on DEI and homelessness and drug use and illegal alien aliens and more, sanctuary city and a sanctuary state. One couldnot imagine a worse circumstance unless it would be in Chicago, New York City, where writers on the subway are set on fire, raped and robbed in public. It's unbelievable. But the media will not cover objectively anything about Joe Biden or any Democrat. But I just did How does picture? How does that picture. Look to you, how does this sound about the status of this country. It's truly unbelievable what he's done to the nation, domestically on the border with the budget and around the world as the nation's enemies take full advantage of his mental decline, fully available for all to see. If you had eyes to see and ears to hear, you knew what was going on, but you're encouraged not to talk because it might help Donald Trump, who now will take the oath office in seven days. Let's continue with more if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundredth and new ad and t. We're worst off, We're more in debt, We're more at each other's throats. There's more crime, illegal activity, more drugs, more illegal aliens pouring into the country, setting Los Angeles on fire. And Ukraine continues to be a thorn in our side and has killed a couple million people. And now Israel itself may come under attack from the Iranians if they don't act first. That is the policy left to us by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris two twenty six HOMEI Your Reds News Radio seven hundred w.
Speaker 6: In gonzoals looking to send Washington into the divisional round. Step good, hold down, kicking.
Speaker 7: It is the Cordiac commanders are the clutch commanders.
Speaker 1: They do it again.
Speaker 7: We'll see you at de Troit. Gonzales Tick said the talk it ticks.
Speaker 1: Hello yet, And I'm broadcasting, so Rock, I'm studying last night's game right here, I'm on the air. I'm looking right there. The kick look wide right, Donk, and this one, Donk. Dennis had a joint out that commanders. That guy went nuts in the.
Speaker 9: Same way our mother or Notre Dame pushed that field goal from gonna go right.
Speaker 1: Looked like it might have gone right, but Jesus' mother just came at was a Notre Dame fan said, you're good.
Speaker 3: Hold got its way and the kick is Smitch jitter with seven second left GMC the horish lead.
Speaker 1: So maybe she's also a commander's fan. Don't know about that. But the in Detroit is gonna be tough. That's real tough duty right there. With that is tough. You got Bills or Ravens. He got game? What a game? Lamar and Alan, I'm afraid to say because Scott sloanapythe put a table over my head. I think Baltimore. What do you say, Rock, I'm gonna say the Bills. That's kind of the game. That's the game. But you know, so, is the MVP vote already done?
Speaker 9: No? The Pro Bowl all pro voting is Lamar Jackson got I think thirty Allen eighteen, Bro.
Speaker 1: But I mean they're the m v P. No, I don't they don't. They haven't, They haven't, media hasn't voted yet, or whoever it should suspend it until after this game. Then give the award whoever wins this game winner, take all that's it on the table like you do in the casinos, all right in the middle, with your heels on the table, and just push.
Speaker 2: It all in.
Speaker 8: What about Philadelphia and maybe the Rams of the Vikes? Who takes it tonight? Do you like ro Phoenix?
Speaker 9: And do you like tonight in Phoenix? I like the Rams the time I get want the Viking. Both my sons, for some strange reason, are Vikings fans.
Speaker 1: I like the uniforms. And you know what that means.
Speaker 9: My middle son is a He's a Justin. You will what you never know what? He's a Justin Jefferson fan. My oldest son is a JJ McCarthy fan, even though he's not can't play currently the court man, I get the job back from the Vikings. Well, if the Vikings win this game, now what now the Vikings they franchised Sam Darnold and five years two or they let him go and he becomes the highest prize free agent on the market. Because this is a very weak quarterback tra Afri coming out of college. It's McCarthy any good?
Speaker 7: Do we know?
Speaker 1: It looks good on paper? But who knows? He looked good in the very few preseason action you have. You never know, You never know, You don't know.
Speaker 2: Did he go with.
Speaker 9: The potential or the proven entity Donald? But I think that this, this will make their decision easy because if he I thank Donald as a career is underachieved. He's kind of hasn't really shown up in big games. Now, I guess with the coach with the Vikings and things have worked out a lot better. But then he had the bad game against the Tryings not so can he show up in a big game?
Speaker 1: Since McCarthy any good is what I want to know. I think he is thinking to.
Speaker 8: Do the Steelers keep Mike Tomlin. Yes, yes, okay, I don't know, because what do you do?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I mean guy had had had a losing season in what fifty five years or something since he's been there. Maybe yeah, never, maybe more. How about this one first down on the one yard line, it's Texas against the Ohio State bucket. Do you do four quarterback sneaks or push touch pushes or do you may be on the second play, throw it out to the left, let the guy run eight yards deep, get tackled. That plays a tipped Let me defend.
Speaker 2: Times.
Speaker 9: And I always think about this when fans and the Super Bowl trans over react about a decision or a play call. Is it safe to say that Steve Sarkejian watched more film of Ohio State than you, or you or me or any fan out there ever? You think he probably had a good idea. Boy, over the evidence of the entire season. I've watched every game Ohio State versus every defense, every third and short every fourth. That is probably man let's strength of their defense is that interior. So I have I have evidence that running up the middle and doing a quarterback sneak prop doesn't work. The evidence shows it doesn't work. So I'm not going to be stupid and do you try to do the same thing. I'm gonna try to shoot to the outside. Did it work, It didn't work.
Speaker 1: I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying that probably you know, I'm gonna give him the benefit of out. I'm not saying it was a great call. I'm just saying he went with the evidence that he research.
Speaker 1: You hear the comments from the Ohio State back the cornerbacks who said we knew they were in this alignment. They were going to pitch it left, and the cornerbacks that I'm gonna shoot the crease, and they watched and watched and said, it's that alignment. We can tell he's going to be a pitch left, and they shot the crease. And then that Jack Sawyer becomes an instant. How about that buck eye legend? He will Yeah, he's he's set. I'll never pay for another meal and he is set. That was a great play, great young man. You see an NFL or can he make it at the pitch? Yeah, he's he's a linebacker probably top three rounds kind of pick. I was saying, how about that playing Buck Eye? Your that's it? That's it. That's it. I can't recall another.
Speaker 9: The things are gonna be remembered. Punching that guy and Jack Sawyer, Jack.
Speaker 1: Former taking it back. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was shocked in a maze that. Now it also comes down to players.
Speaker 9: Not every defense has Caleb Downs who can fly up like that and run support.
Speaker 1: They're gonna throw that pitch toss around, I'm gonna and he went there almost when the ball was highed. He ran to that point.
Speaker 9: I said before the season that may be the best transfer portal signing in college footbak So.
Speaker 1: I watched him at Alabama and he is good. It's really good. He's Minka fitzpatrick ish segment. Give me some sports and make it fast, will he? The Stoot Reporters approach service of your local Tame Star Heating and their conditioning dealers. Tame Star quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Sheldon Braun and Braun Heating at five one, three, three eight five seventy seven sixty five. He related to the new governor of Indiana. I think so Sheldon Bron really that Rob Bron and Bob Braun, right, Yeah, Sat Braun.
Speaker 8: Mike McCarthy out out and the big D in Dallas's boys head coach and two sides couldn't agree on the length of a contract.
Speaker 1: So he's out leading candidate Dion. That's a circus, isn't it? Any buddies with with Jerry Jones, He's not going on. Jerry Jones has a lot of buddies. Does he make him the head coach of his team?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is that a good idea? I don't know about that. I don't know. Colorados? Is he welcome? Can he go back to Colorado? I don't think the sun's gone. I think Bill Belichick might have made his choice too soon.
Speaker 9: I'm sure he did his due diligence and found out that even if that job he's going to vacant, he's not going to hire me. He went to North Carolina because that was his only option.
Speaker 8: Former Bears head coach Matt Eberflus, Yeah, he was involved in the Bengal searchs as a New Day defensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: How about that? Now he's a good defensive coordinator.
Speaker 9: He was with the Colts in what twenty eight team to twenty twenty one, a top ten run defense and top ten and takeaways.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty and twenty twenty one. That's what they bring back. Mike Zimmer, everyone likes to bring everybody back. He still lives in in the Independence Kentucky. Zimmer has the place there, lives there. So I don't know this. Tractors from back to attractor. I love Batavia, I love those those guys. I'm just saying, what's the name of this guy? Flues? Yeah, Iberflus, can you spell it?
Speaker 9: And he has some head coaching experience, albeit he didn't perform well as his head coach, so maybe that there's something valuable.
Speaker 1: There for Zach get McCarthy, then where's he go? No, they screwed up by not hiring Vrabel. And you see Bill Belichick sitting in the living room of a seventeen year old talking about the glories of the target Belichick with a seven.
Speaker 9: But here, here's the deal, guys. These coaches no longer have to go into the living room, are these these kids?
Speaker 1: Because it's good. It's not a it's not a pitch anymore. It's not Hey, let me tell you about our facilities. Let me tell you.
Speaker 9: It's how much you're gonna pay me. Brett Bilama, good book check book head coach of Illinois. He did not visit of all his recruits for this recruiting cycle. He did not stand in the living room of one of them, because he said, it's this pointless.
Speaker 1: All they want to know is the number, and I can do that. I can call them and tell him what the number is, so I don't need to recruit him. I need to sell them. It's a pretty hard black or white deal that RedHawks now have. Some Belichick don't have to do anything. It's Scott Farmer writing some big checks in Miami segment. I don't know. They're getting players up. Chuck Martin's getting players like crazy.
Speaker 9: They got the Kwan Finn who was at Toledo two years ago. He was the MAC Player of the Year in twenty twenty three. He went to Baylor this past year. I don't know the situation. If they only played three games. I don't know if he just didn't make it or if he got hurt.
Speaker 1: But he's a good player. Well now he's playing for Miami. How much money wy that quarterback get in Miami? All of it a million? Imice sor you're getting a million about Gisel? Gisel's getting six hundred and fifty thousand for not playing for the Bear Cuts. Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so. That's what someone knowledgeable close to me said. And then you look at Freemantle four hundred and fifty thousand. We're talking some syrup. We're talking money and where where's the r O? I though, you need to return on investments number one and Gisel's not returning on the investment, which you agree, Greed, It's like, man, your reaction.
Speaker 8: Also, Willie, one week from tonight the game there it is Rock Ohio State, Notre Dame, all of the action.
Speaker 1: You'll be right here on seven hundred WLW. What's your coones on the line? Rock a chance on movie down there? What what adress? Your former they bringing back X stars of the Irish.
Speaker 9: Talks about the Irish Irish cast. You're just just a white Irish tuned into my broadcast where I just.
Speaker 1: The pebbles are gonna be recruited. He's gonna come with you with the absolutely not no, absolutely not, you're taking the pebbles. No what me myself and I to work trips, saying I thought the three I thought the three kids would be recruited by Marcus Freeman We're gonna work on that as well. But I'm just saying they will be recruited by Deer Park High School right now in Jim Stall, the new superintendent little nil money for the park.
Speaker 2: You like that?
Speaker 1: I do you like that a lot? Where are the kids going?
Speaker 2: Do you know? Yet?
Speaker 1: Can't say and say it depends how much money for the nil nil.
Speaker 9: N I l is coming to high school? By the way, it exists in other Why do you think you think Chris Henry's kid who was at what was it with throw? You think he went for a senior year and went out to California? Of course, yes, yeah, sure, I know better, I know it happen.
Speaker 1: Saying a better education. Now, here's one thing that came up over the week, and I see it in the literature that the SEC paid its players all the time, directly or indirectly, lots of money. Yes, Now the Big Ten and all the rest now caught up to the SEC and the above table as opposed to the under table. There's not been an SEC champion in the last two seasons. No one's not even been in the finals. That means the Big Ten and others, Notre Dame included, have seen the ways of the SEC. Now they can do it legally, and the SEC did it illegally. Your comments go.
Speaker 9: Well, it's say it's spreading out the talent, which it depends on what side you're on, if it's a good thing or not.
Speaker 1: The days of those dominant twenty twenty one twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: Two Georgia teams, I had, like, you know, eleven guys drafted off of defense kind of stuff. That's not going to happen anymore because no one's the What made the SEC and the top teams, the Alabama's and the Georgias of the world, what made them the best is their depth. Okay, over the course of a fourteen game season and somebody's gonna get hurt, well, they would bring in a guy off the bench that would be a starter on any other team. Well, now that kid that's the seventh or eighth lineman or sixth or seventh or eighth lineman on the team, he's not gonna sit there and be the backup.
Speaker 1: He's gonna go somewhere and play. So you don't have the depth.
Speaker 9: I think it's remarkable Notre Dame's depth, and they had so many injuries and are still playing in the National title game.
Speaker 1: That Georgia quarterback. He just went to Miami, right the girlfriend. His girlfriend plays basketball there. The Vender Twins left the Dogs and went to the Canes.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's not I'm not a huge I got a text from a g S. It shows you he's probably he's gonna make more money in college than you would have.
Speaker 1: It in Caitlin Clark to the w n b A. She was making two two and a half million year in Iowa. Her salary there was four hundred and some thousand and then in the NBA. But now she can still make the money. And if she stayed at iowash she would have all the shoe deals anyway, plus two million dollars, all the rings, all the had, all women everything. I got a texture from a g SL star Ward. I want to mention the school that says g SL already pays big money. Is that true? Here's the trust me. I know all about that, and I know the school that does it the most. That's out. I can't say, I can't say, I won't say. I can't say elder can't say look behind you, say elders looking at you right now? You can't say Muller can't say st x X. How about Hamilton Baden? What? Yeah, yeah, how about the Home of the Ramp It says Sycamore. So so GSL is already paying money? Is that correct? It's pleading the fifth and drinking one at the same time. All right? Should we broadcast live from the girders? What's that?
Speaker 8: You got to do your show from the No the big deal? That was a big news today. Rock the Girders won four seventy one bridge and show up.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, you know I'm trying to sell Eddie on her remote down there that look, yeah yeah, why not from Talk the Iron Workers.
Speaker 1: A little bit six o'clock tonight, Tanya or Rook will be at the girder. She'll be on top of it, on top of the gird the girder. Yes, she'll be on top That's what she says. Right here, Sick, I'm not talking about a girdle. I'm talking about a girder. Were you rather is you gonna walk it like a tight rope a girdle? Or come on, get your justice? Joe's white. I'm sorry, show some respect. I'm sorry. I'll have to watch chan when I had to checks produced By the way, six o'clock, did I She'll be on the girder wearing a girdle. A girdle on a girder? Can you say that quickly? Five times? Tyler Rourke at six will be on the girder wearing a girdle. Right there, there's the text. All right, what's on the Big Show? I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 9: I've talk to Jason Williams right out of the gate. I'm gonna talk to Jim Moriant four talk about what's going off the banks and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Zach Taylor is.
Speaker 9: Mike Bloud on four thirty five. We're gonna talk about the Roger Bacon stag coming up. He's gonna unveil who the big guest is gonna be.
Speaker 1: N I l Roger Bacon. I didn't mention that name. Can say, I'm Wayne Carrucci. Is he providing big money to the girls soccer team? That's the Roger Bacon? Where are your son's going to school? Can't say Saint X, can't say your park. I can't say, are you sure deer Park, dear Park, deer Park. I don't know. Infatuated with Joe Biden on the TV right now, walking around. I'm gonna take you by the hand, live right here from the girder, the girdle girder. I'm live at six o'clock the Supreme Court. Justice. Now, calm down. I saw her at the investiture. She don't need she does not need a girdle. I'll say that, olock. Maybe a little spanks, but no girdle. You know what I'm saying. You know what spanks is? Hell? Yeah, me too. Oh well, it's getting hot in here, segment. Give me getting hot in here? We're not in Save all your clothes segment. Get me out of the stage report, please, well you. On this beautiful Monday, January thirteenth, we say happy birthday to one of our own. Who is it, Mike the King Mills Engineering bordin there like happy birthday to Nick Clooney ninety one years young? Today there was somebody else won there? I forget who it was. Might have been Brian Clone. Oh and if it's your birthday today, happy birthday. If it isn't, to hell with you. We leave you with the immortal words of the stew report. Patriotic is active for the disagree with the President. Didn't bother me. George Bush, what a clown he was forty three, was a lousy, terrible president. Would you agree? Agreed? Agreed segment. Thank you, Yes, sir, Rocky. Good luck with the spanks and the girdles and the girls. See what you can do on news radio seven hundred w l w
Speaker 7: M