Speaker 1: It's nice Eyes.
Speaker 2: Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks very much. We heading into the fourth and final hour here on a Wednesday night, and god, was it cold today. It's unbelievable. Hey, here's what I would like to talk about this hour. And whenever I do this, I'm kind of rolling the dice a little bit, and if it doesn't work, I'm going to go on to something else. I'm gonna be really honest with you. Okay, but I was I follow from afar Canadian politics. I'm not an expert in Canadian politics. I know that Prime Minister Trudeau has been up there now for about seven or eight years, the son Justin Trudeau, the son of Pierre Trudeau, the head of the Liberal Party in Canada, and he has has said that he is going to resign or has reasons as the head of his party, which is the equivalent of the Democratic Party in Canada, and that there will be an election. And I had a couple of texts with friends of mine up in Canada who was suggesting that it's perhaps going to follow as night follows day, that the power in Canada will swing back to the Conservative Party. Now, the Conservative Party is not exactly the Republican Party, Liberal Party, not exactly the Democrat, but they're analogous. And certainly it's ironic that Pierre Trudeau not Pierre Trudeau, justin Trudeau has decided to step aside because his whole numbers have tanked, have tanked at the same time, he had to go down to Mari Lago, or he didn't have to, but he went down to Mary Lago to pay homage to Donald Trump. After the election in November didn't quite work for him. Trump kept the president elect, kept calling him governor as if he was the governor of the fifty first state. So what I'm hoping for is some of you who are listening in Canada tonight, and I know there are many listeners at nightside in Canada tonight, well pick up the phone and give us a call. Six one seven two five four ten thirty or six one seven ninety three one ten thirty. Give us a call and tell us what the political temperature is in Canada. And we know what the weather temperature is. It's cold everywhere. I'm sure that anyone who's listening to me tonight, if you step outside, it's going to be somewhere around ten degrees either ten degrees for real or ten degrees windshow factor. But I'd love to know what the political temperature is in Canada now. Apparently parliament has been suspended in Canada until March, and that's interesting because I guess that is the period of time that the Liberal Party in Canada will have that a period of time to pick their new leader, and then there will be an election schedule. I guess the election has to be scheduled no later than next October, and whether or not Canada will follow what has happened in America and elect a conservative prime minister, kind of like a Brian Mulrooney. I don't know how many of you remember Brian mulroney, but he was prime minister when Reagan was president, when George Bush was president, and he was very effective prime minister. But like anything else, their time in office winds down and the economy goes in one direction or the other and it's time for a change. We do the same thing in this country. We move back and forth between democratic and Republican presidents, and they move back and forth between liberal which is the equivalent of Democrats, or a conservative, which is the equivalent of Republicans. They call them liberals and conservatives. That's probably what we should do in this country as well, but nonetheless that's the way it works up there. So I'd love to know what your thought is about the decision of the Prime Minister of Canada, who for a while was a darling in Canada. Then he ran into problems a couple of years ago with the truck remember the big truckers strike up there. He has I think been pretty arrogant as prime minister. He, as I say, came from a political family, probably felt all along that he was destined that his destiny was to be a prime minister, and he did become a prime minister for seven years, had a fairly good relationship with Joe Biden, and maybe he saw the writing on the wall. So I'm going to to open up the phone lines, and I hope that as many of you who might be listening in Canada tonight, and believe me, some of you I know by name. I'm not going to call you out, but I'd love to know. Maybe you can give us some information, you can teach us a little bit. My belief is that the timetable, if you will, is the Liberal Party has until some time in March to pick a new leader, and then when Parliament returns in March, reassembles, goes back in the session. Whatever phrase you use. In Canada, Parliament will set an election date. And your election is different than ours. We vote by states, and we have the electoral college, a popular vote in the various states. Everybody I think now understands the US the election of a president popular vote is important, but the most important vote is the electoral college vote up there. It's a parliamentary democracy, as I understand it, and so you have I don't even know how many members of parliament there. I could look it up and maybe someone up there can tell me. Uh. And the majority then forms the government, and sometimes you have minor parties, just as that as happens in countries like England and France and Israel and Germany. Uh. And sometimes a party does not have the strict majority. Uh, and they need to work deals with minor parties. And it's a little more complicated in Canada than it is in the US, I think, although one could argue we're pretty complicated to So the numbers yeah, six one seven, two, five, four ten, thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten, thirty. If you are American and you want to comment on Trudeau's decision to leave not only again as as the Prime minister eventually, but as the leader of his party right now. I'm not telling you not to call, but I would love to hear from as many Canadians listeners as possible. And if you guys don't want to talk about this subject, if it's beyond the capacity or the interest of my audience, then we'll move on to something else. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. This is a bit of a challenge. Let's have at it. We'll take a break, coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, well, we haven't that what you would call overwhelming reaction to my proposal that we talk about the implications of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's resignation as Liberal Party leader. However, we have my friend Daryl from New Brunswick, Canada, my most loyal Canadian listener. Come on, you folks up there in Canada, let's hear from you. We you were not the fifty first state yet maybe you never will be. I suspect you won't be, but we'd love to learn a little bit more about your politics up there. Hey, Daryl, appreciate you calling in.
Speaker 2: How are you any Dan? I haven't been able to get reception, so I had to actually call in because they might be jamming it right. No, But happy New Year.
Speaker 3: Happy new you. You mean you have a tough time getting us recently.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, we've had a few storms up here, as you guys bet as well, and uh so that could be.
Speaker 3: Part of the week. Just yeah, Joe, we've just had really cold weather. I mean we we we had a little bit of a snowstorm before Christmas and and and it got real cold and the ground was covered with snow and then we had some rain in the fifties and everything melted away. But since the weekend, it's been cold down here. I mean it is, we're we're kind of in an ice box right now.
Speaker 2: And I suspect that it's around minus twenty six celsius here and I can't. Okay, then you a hormometer, Well you know you could.
Speaker 3: Just read tell me minus twenty six celsius. That means you're down around what we would call zero fahrenheit, right because you're you're, you're.
Speaker 2: You're zero thirty two is zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, so.
Speaker 2: Your mind us. But if you have any local government people running for elections saying they filled all the potholes, they've done it when it actually freezes.
Speaker 3: Oh good, well yeah, so uh snow, well you do. You have snow on the ground, A lot of snow on the ground.
Speaker 2: We got a little bit, but it's more ice because of everything froze, so all the potholes are filled. Right. Wow. Wow, it's the comedy of it as well.
Speaker 3: Right, I got you, I got you. So, uh tell us about Justin Trudeau and what's going to happen when you finally get around to having an election.
Speaker 2: We have been asking uh Justin to uh step back for quite a while and uh because in my opinion, I've met a bunch of other prime ministers prior to that in the military part of our duties, right, and with that, he has had no responsibility, uh to take upon himself.
Speaker 3: Never he never served in the Canadian military.
Speaker 2: No, No, he his father was well to do. And you know, just like other people, you know, once they have certain people in their family, they can live off the name possibly, but we're not going to do a bashing on in Trudeau. But he is not a leader, right, who are the Conservatives?
Speaker 3: I mean, did the Conservatives have a front runner Pierre Poliev?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: And he is actually from the West.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I've spent time in the West as well for quite a number of years, and he has everything more in sequence.
Speaker 3: When you said the West, are you talking about Ottawa? Are you talking about Calgary, because that's a huge difference.
Speaker 2: Uh, No, Alberta, Manitoba, Oh, you name it.
Speaker 3: That is the West. Okay, that's uh. We been here in New England, as you might know, Daryl, We here in New England, think of uh oh, places like New Jersey is west, you know, anything outside of New England only kidding?
Speaker 2: So no, they the furthest I've been up is towards Alaska. So but uh that was when I was working on the drawing rings. Right.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's interesting. How old the guy is he? How is he he's he's Trudeau's age or older?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, Trudeau is about I think he's around fifty. I think I'm not sure. Okay, he just doesn't have his own plane, so that's probably why he didn't resign, right so because he still wants to.
Speaker 3: Jump around here and there, right so so do so as the as the as the prime minister of Canada, he's got the equivalent of Air Force one. He's got it. He's got it. Okay, fine, yeah, well, look, as I understand that, what was I understand that, And as I say, I want to hear what would you tell me? I know you were joking a little bit there is that he has resigned as the head of the party. But someone's got to be prime minister and he can't resign as prime minister until you get a new prime minister. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, no, he could have. He could have given it to the deputy, just like you guys have the VP okay and the House and all that stuff, right, But he elected to keep himself on as the guy in charge until they re elect somebody else. But when you mentioned about he progued government until twenty four March. The reason he did that is the House will sit when that comes back to on the twenty fifth, and because we still have to pass our budget. Yeah, otherwise the government would have no ability to spend.
Speaker 3: So okay, so let me we have we're in the same situation, by the way, with our debt ceiling. But that's another story. So let me ask you this. They come back in March, do they have to have a vote of no confidence or the fact that he has resigned as the Liberal leader, does that avoid that? And do they just they'll announce an election date.
Speaker 2: What that does is there is going to be an election date because all three what we have is multiple parties and so what we have is the Quebec Law. We have the NDP New Democratic Party and the Conservatives and the Green Party, but they really are non existent. So all these people collectively are going to actually vote in no confidence, vote against Liberals for the continuance of putting things in disrepair.
Speaker 3: So they will. So what I'm trying to understand, Darryl, and help me out because my question is probably not as good as they should be, and I appreciate I'm you calling in. They will have to have a no confidence vote, which then will formally challenge him as prime minister or challenge basically call for a new election of a prime minister. When do you think they will set the election date. I think they have to do it at least by October, as I understand it.
Speaker 2: It'll probably be immediate. What will happen is because what I'm getting at is here we have the ability just like Britain where if you have one party to support another with a multiple parties yep, and if you have enough vote then you can actually keep the government going. And that's what the NDP has been doing right right.
Speaker 3: So now a government with some of the money, we get that. That's a lot that happens in a lot of the parliamentary democracies. Absolutely, we understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's going to happen is they're going to call ano no confidence vote and therefore at least the money will be able to be spent to pass to run the country. But after that, the Governor General will call the election because the no confidence vote will actually say that the people do not have confidence in the practice.
Speaker 3: And totally get that, totally. So let me ask you, in your opinion, when will Canada elect a new prime minister? Will give me a rough idea of the date of the election.
Speaker 2: As we're going on to start in March twenty fifth, that's when they because they'll have what thirty one thirty five days to go from there, because what they're doing with parroguing government stalling.
Speaker 3: I got that. No, you've already explained. What they're doing is they're given what they're going to trying to.
Speaker 2: Give them the Liberal What they're doing is they're given the Liberals the ability to elect a new leader.
Speaker 3: No, I get that. I've already explained that, Darryl. Please listen to my question and help me out. So March twenty fifth comes the no confidence vote. How long we always have elections every four years? Okay, it's I can tell you the date of the next election in twenty twenty eight. All I gotta do is look at the calendar and find the first Tuesday after the first Monday. Okay. So my question to you is when do you think the election will actually be held. It won't be held on March twenty sixth, because there's going to be a campaign. How long do you think Just give me a date, give me an idea.
Speaker 2: What is your thought or look in spring it's normally it's within thirty one to thirty five days or whatever. Okay, So may may may, yeah, correct.
Speaker 3: Okay for enough, all right, Daryl, I appreciate you taking the time to call you the one Canadian listener who was called I'm totally disappointed that most of the other Canadian listeners do not want to share the point of viewing it. But I appreciate your friendship and I appreciate your calling. Thank you, Darrel, appreciate it much. Well.
Speaker 2: The other Canadian listeners might be still shaking their heads and hearing led Zeppelin, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I would hope that they'll listen if I would hope that they'll listen in to Night's Side. So you're telling me you haven't been able to listen to my show recently.
Speaker 2: Uh, well no, I actually had it up until you switched over to the Justin Trill thing and then the signal went.
Speaker 3: So you're listening on the radio or you listening on the app.
Speaker 2: I'm just listening on my mak Makita construction radio if there's a plug there.
Speaker 3: Good enough, fair enough, Okay, Well, I there's no reason that you should have lost us. But I thank you for joining us. Thanks, thanks, Darrel. Appreciate the call. Have a good one. Helped me out more than I can I can I can say thanks, all right, thanks Daryl, have a good one. All right. We're going to go to a newscaster in about two minutes. And I'm going to tell you real quickly if if those of you, if if our signal is not getting into Canada tonight, I'm really upset. But if you're up there listening tonight in Canada, I would hope that you would help educate us here in America as to what's likely going to happen in Canada. We do know, and Daryl has helped us, and he has helped us explain and understand that there will be no confidence vote in Trudeau. He'll go through that embarrassment and that will set the stage for an election, which Daryl said would be somewhere in the vicinity of thirty one to thirty five days, which would mean sometime in May. It's going to be fascinating to think that Canada will follow the US. I mean, Canada is a very different form of government than the United States. It is a very it's a socialist government. You have a lot of the medical programs up there Cradle Grave, you have high taxation, you have a lot of benefits, medical benefits. But also in Canada, you can't just you can't get to see a doctor quickly. And that's part of the problem, uh that I guess you do have the ability if you want to pay exorbitant sums in Canada to have your own private doctor. But if you're going to rely upon the government health services, you know you'll get you'll get treated eventually. And I guess if you have an emergency and go to a mergency room, but if you're looking to have some form of elective surgery or some surgery that can be being can be put off, it could take a few weeks, maybe even a few months. So not a perfect system, very expensive system, but that's that's kind of what is built into the Canadian form of government. So taking a break, if you want to talk about this great dial now forever hold your peace. Six one seven, two, five four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty and triple eight nine two nine, ten thirty. I don't even know if the triple eight number makes it easier for my Canadian listeners. If if no one wants to talk about Justin Trudeau, we will move on to something Mills. But right now I'm going to move on to the news. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside. Don't fail me now, coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All Right, tomorrow night at nine o'clock, we will have Harvey Silverglate with us. Harvey, great thinker, great lawyer, a founder of the Foundation Fire and we're going to talk with Harvey. We talked last week about the guy down in New Orleans was obviously radicalized by some of the ISIS web isist websites, and whether those icist websites are on the dark web or regularly out there. I was raising the question of how do we basically take these people who are exposing themselves to this and should they get a visit from the FBI? So someone said, well, what do you think Harvey's going to think about it? And I said, let's go ahead and let's invite Harvey on. So Harvey will be on tomorrow night. Also, as a quick note of personal privilege, I just want to note the passing of a friend of mine over the weekend. I'm not going to go into details, but a good friend of mine from Charlestown, Richie Craven, who I had the pleasure of for a period of time playing hockey with him at Boston State College, who's a really good defenseman. He actually after he graduated from Boston State College, played a fifth year of college hockey, went up to play hockey. And McGill loved the Bruins, loved his family, loved his teammates, and he was a real good friend who ran into some medical troubles.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the medical troubles overtook him. And the reminder, if you're in Charlestown, and if you if you're in Charlestown, you know who Richie Craven was. He will be waked tomorrow at the car Funeral Home and then his life will be celebrated in funeral mass on Friday. UH. Really good guy, someone who loved life, lived it to the fullest. I and kept in touch. You know, one of those friends from college who you kept, who you keep in touch with. Uh. And we would have breakfast occasionally, and Richie always had. He was a bundle of energy, just an absolute bundle of energy. And to think that he's no longer with us is to me frightening and it's sobering because none of us get out of this place alive. And I just wanted as a small tribute, I mentioned his name tonight. He was a loyal listener of this program. He and I agreed on both are our love of the Bruins and our love of politics. He could talk politics with the best of them, and somebody who was well read, well rounded, and competed in hockey. I was talking with a mutual friend of ours tonight, long after most of us have put our skates away. Richwood was in senior leagues until he probably hit the half century mark at least. So again, Richie Craven, rest in peace. You deserve it. Your family has been very supportive of you the last couple of years, and I know it hasn't been easy for you, and it won't be easy for all of your friends to say goodbye to you in the next couple of days. But know this, you'll be remembered by a lot of people in the next few days and well into the time that we have left. Richie Craven of Charlestown, Boston State College Defenseman. All right, we got a couple of our callers from from Canada, so I'm appreciative of that. It's good to know that Penelope has joined us from Ottawa, where of course Parliament sits.
Speaker 6: Hi, Penelope, how are you good evening?
Speaker 4: I can't sleep, so I may as well call in. I'm pretty good.
Speaker 3: I've talked to you before, if I if I recall.
Speaker 4: No, you haven't, but really we should have called before when you first I called.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Tell us, you know, for a Canadian perspective, what should we as Americans know about what's going to happen up in Canada in the next few months.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm cheating a bit. I found a BBC site and they're telling me the numbers. Apparently we have three hundred and thirty eight members of Parliament that's in the House.
Speaker 3: And thank you very much for cheating. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when the No Continent's motion has brought, the Liberals will need the backing of a majority of them and their seventeen seats short of that, and so far the NDP has backed them and given them enough to keep going over the hall lately, but the NDP leader has said that he's going to vote against the Liberal Party when that No Continent's vote happens. So parliament will be will fold. When will there be an election? I say it will be in June. They never have a elections in July and August because they don't want to interrupt people with their summer holidays.
Speaker 3: Summer holidays have to be very important. That's a very interesting point. We of course don't have elections, although we do have some primaries. They used to have presidential primaries as late as sometimes in June. But but you're right, we don't have important elections in July or August as well. Okay, that's good information. Tell me, tell me more.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: So the way it works up here is that the leader of the party with the most vote, with the most writings that they win, becomes the Prime Minister of Canada. And that's the way it goes. We don't have any electoral college or anything like.
Speaker 3: You have no popular vote. Basically, it's like our congress. Your parliament is our congress.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then we have we have a Senate, which is appointed by the government in charge. So Trudeau has been appointing a number of people, including a lawyer from the town that I practice in and chief now a senator in Ottawa and it's a lifetime appointment. Ken Dryden, the hockey player, was made a senator at one point as well.
Speaker 3: So now is that an honorific or is that an actual position? That has responsibilities and obligations.
Speaker 4: Well, they have responsibilities. They can initiate bills. You can have bills that are that are put forward from either the House of Commons or from the Senate. And if they're from the Comments it's C dash and there's a number attached to each bill that comes forward, and if it's from the Senate, it's an S dash. And and so the way that Pierre Paaldiev is the leader of the Progressive Conservative figure that one out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit of an ore on there, Penelope.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So he's the leader of the Progressive Conservative Party and if the election was held tomorrow, he would have a clear majority, meaning that he would not have to band together with another minor party to get enough seats to hold sway in anything that he wanted to push through. And so we tend to follow you guys, whatever the it's global. Everything is moving now more towards the right. Yes, and yeah, so we're going back that direction. And I'd like to follow the old thing. If you don't vote liberally in your twenties, you're heartless, and if you don't vote conservative in your forties or brainless.
Speaker 3: Yes, I believe that that was once attributed to Winston Churchill.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it makes perfect sense.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, and I love talking to another barrister, a member of the bar. Yeah, you Canada. Actually your head of state is the King of England.
Speaker 4: That's the honorary, honorific head of state is the King. Now, yes, and with the King, are you still.
Speaker 3: Are you still a commonwealth?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, we're part of the British Commonwealth.
Speaker 3: Okay, good enough, Okay, So not likely that you're going to become the city. Not likely you're going to become the fifty first day.
Speaker 4: No, God bless them. I had ancestors that came to New England in the sixteen hundreds and fought in the Revolutionary War and then eventually made their way up here. And here we are, and here I'll stay.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Penelope, I loved your call. Thank you for listening to Night's side. I don't know how often we have you the pleasure of your company, but please call again that it was a very fun. I just want to add one thing, and I want to make sure that it makes sense to you for Americans who might not understand how a parliamentary democracy formulates. If you compare it to our you know what, you would have considered to be sort of like the House of Commons, our Congress. If we had our elections similar to you, as a parliamentary democracy, our prime minister would be Mike Johnson, the Speaker of the House, because he would have the majority number of votes, assuming that all the Republicans would support him, which is maybe a question, but that is kind of the way it would go. There would be no Donald Trump, there would be no jd. Vance having run a national election. Mike Johnson would become the prime minister, therefore the actual head of government at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, no, we don't have a specific We can't vote specifically for the prime minister. The politician. Trudeau's a politician that has a riding in the Montreal area and the people in his Montreal I mean, it could happen that as leader of the Liberal Party, he would he would be pushed to the prime minister role and still lose his seat, and then that would be a big quandary. But if he wasn't voted in his own in his own riding, has that.
Speaker 3: Happened, has that happened before? Or no?
Speaker 4: I don't think so I don't think so think.
Speaker 3: You know my favorite Canadian prime minister has been in my lifetime.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Brian mulrooney.
Speaker 4: He was good. He's the first first person I ever voted for because I turned eighteen just around that time and I was living in Alberta at that time as well, and it was very, very conservative leaning and they just absolutely hated Trudeau Senior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, I do remember then. LP. Thank you so much. I loved your call. You're a breath of fresh air from the far North. And please continue to listen and keep calling.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will take care and thanks. Maybe you can sleep.
Speaker 3: Now, I hope you can't. Okay, Thanks very much. You've done this a great service. Thank you. I have Greg and Ontario coming up, Tim and Wilburn and Jim in Kansas City. I think Jim was with us earlier this week, So Jim hanging in there. We'll get to you, I hope. But we're going to go next to Greg and Ontario right after this break.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Greg and Ontario. Greg, thanks very much for calling in tell us something about Canadian politics that we need to understand.
Speaker 5: Hi, Dan, pleasure to talk to you. I just want to start off saying I am a lifelong bought some Bruins fan. Okay, I'm invested in Boston.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. How'd you become a Bruins fan? What'd you do? Grow up watching Bobby orr Or?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Actually you hit it on the head. When I was about eight years old back in nineteen sixty eight, I lived across from Detroit Windsor. My dad brought me to our first hockey game at the Old Olympia in Detroit to watch the Wings. Yeah, and I was like eight, I was starting to play hockey. Yeah. And then and I seen Bobby or play, Yeah, a rookie.
Speaker 3: So you weren't rooting for Gordie how Ted Lindsay, Alex Delvecchio, Terry Sawchuk or any of the Red Wings.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, yeah, they were all great players as well as you know obviously. Yeah, no, I was. I'm dying the wool Bruins fan man. And actually I'm glad i am, because I'll tell you what, living in Canada being a Bruins fan right now is glorious. Because I'm surrounded by Toronto Mapley fans. You could imagine when I walk in the room with a hat with Boston logo on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, the Maple Leafs. The Maple Leafs played pretty well the other night. I thought Matthews had a great goal at the end there where he was literally sprawling on the ice and somehow he put it. He put it into the empty net, almost like a pool shot. Did you see that goal?
Speaker 5: I did see that. Yes, I did see that.
Speaker 3: He's a good, strong player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a great player. Like I think, well, between him and McDavid for the best two players in the league.
Speaker 3: Marty is not bad with the Leafs either, by the way, as I'm sure you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, oh, so many great players, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, McDavid had fun here in Boston last night. The Oilers shut out the Bruins for nothing, and he had he at least had one goal. I'm not sure if he had any assists. So Greg, let's talk a little. By the way, are you first time caller? Have you called before?
Speaker 5: We first time caller? I I just started picking your station up maybe a couple of weeks ago, and yeah.
Speaker 3: Well we're here. We talked football earlier this week. So we occasionally venture into the sporting round, but we're not a sports show per se. We mostly do politics carent events. So Penelope did a really good job running down, uh, your your elections that are upcoming. So let me push the push the envelope a little bit with you. What's gonna happen? Normally, Uh, Canada and the US tend to kind of vote the same way. I may I remember when Malrooney was was your prime minister was during Bush and Reagan's time. Uh, And obviously Trudeau has has has been, you know, prime minister with with Biden's time. But I also think Trudeau kind of became your Barack Obama, if you know, if what I'm saying, young leader, and after he was elected, after after Obama left office, what do you think is gonna happen?
Speaker 5: Well, thankfully he stepped down. He's resigned Trudeau as you as you know, and yeah, so he's finished. He had nobody in this country, very few people you talk to in this country right now will have anything good to say about Justin Trudeau. Paulie holds about a twenty point lead right now on him, and that's not going to change. So PAULI has like penelopees that you did a great job on explaining everything that. Yeah, yeah, and he's going to win. I think he's going to do a majority.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 5: In this country right now, for the last but almost ten years under Trudeau. I'm sixty five, so I've seen a lot of prime ministers come and go. He's to me the biggest embarrassment to this country. He's done more harm to the fabric of the society in this country than any prime minister, hands down, which is a shame. He doesn't listen. He's a bit of a dict We we joke around here a lot. Well it's not even a joke anymore. We say that the one be little dictator because that's how we feel about this man. He treats us like children, speaks to us like children. So he's finished and he had it coming. So I don't feel anything more so empathy for for Justin Trude, who at all.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe maybe we can get Bobby or to run for I think you'd win. Bobby, by the way, is that great? Have you ever met him?
Speaker 2: Or No?
Speaker 5: I have not?
Speaker 3: No great guy. Next time I see him, I'll tell him you said hello, Okay, I promise you he's a great guy. Hi, Greg, I hope you'll continue to listen. I got a couple more folks who want to sneak in here, but thank you.
Speaker 5: If I could just say one quick thing, sure, yeah, okay, I know you. You mentioned healthcare in this country, and I just want to say, I just want to say quickly, do not ever allow America to go down the social healthcare path. People who are any Canadian that says we have good healthcare has no idea matter of fact, Dan, I've had to go to Detroit, Michigan three times and spend money out of my pocket to get timely healthcare. And I need some orthopedic surgery done. I'm going to Germany to get it done because I've been waiting in this country for three years and not me alone, thousands and thousands of Canadians. It is an absolute disaster. Don't go down this path.
Speaker 3: Okay, Greg. I agree with you totally. You are going to love my show the more you listen to my show. Trust me.
Speaker 5: Okay, absolutely, Dan.
Speaker 3: Thanks Greg, and look forward to talking again. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Thanks great talking to you.
Speaker 3: Great to talk to you. Let me go to Tim and Wilburn. Tim next on nights.
Speaker 6: I go ahead, Hi Dan, Tim, I'm drinking my on of my night side cup again. Anyhow, the reason I called, I don't know much about the topic, but I want to give you my condolence about this. Ricky Craven guy, Richie Craven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great guy, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Anyhow, Tom, I set a prayer for him, and.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow I'll let him know that through mental telepathy.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, tell him Tim McMahon is praying for him.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks, Tim, appreciate your time, Appreciate your call and your your sentiments. Thanks so much. Okay, Well, my friend, good night, Jim Ai Kansas City. Jim, going to get you in here. Only got about thirty seconds for you, buddy. I know you've been waiting, and I know you've been patient, and I apologize for that.
Speaker 1: Go right ahead, Jim, Jim, Hey damn yeah yeah. So okay. Well, I listened to Canadian radio a little bit, and it sounds to me like if it was until Trump took over, it was going the same exact way that it has been going for quite a while, which leads me to continue to believe that they don't really have a democracy. So with the other thing. The thing I kind of don't like what was going on is it seems like Trump in a sneaky way. It is continuing right on with this whole transcontinental Global Union saying where they want to.
Speaker 3: Make Beautyboddy talking about it a lot, Jim. I promise you we'll talk about this later this week or next week. And I'm really going to give an opportunity to chat. But I'm I'm flat out a time. I gave the Canadians a chance tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, dog and cats a thanks.
Speaker 3: Good night. All right, we're done for the night. I want to thank everyone that did call, particularly Darryl, Penelope and Greg. I want to thank Rob. I want to thank Marita. I want to thank all of you who listened. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside. Our dogs, all cats, Oh pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie rays Will passed fifteen years ago in February. That's all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see geinnymorrow night. On Night Side, I will do a fairly brief Nightside recap at Knightside with Dan Ray in just a couple of minutes on Facebook