Speaker 1: Here we are with a new episode of Pints and Pages. I'm Nick, and today's episode we are going to discuss.
Speaker 2: Marvel Marvel the Marvel Cards with Marvel superhero like the whole.
Speaker 1: Time, Magic Magic, the Gathering Marvel Superheroes. So this set comes out to the general public on June twenty sixth. It comes out to pre release in my shop on June nineteenth. So if you're listening after nighteenth, which I'm sure you probably will be or maybe you won't, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Get in while the gid's good. It's a gift you can. Yeah like this, Shan.
Speaker 1: I am getting some play boosters. I'm getting some Collector Bowsters, Collector Collector Bowosters, I'm getting Beginner Box, I'm getting there was something else of Scene Box, and it's Scene Box.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if those were delayed too or not.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting the Collector. I'm not getting Commander decks, Collector Commander Decks or the bundles those were taken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those were pushbacks. Kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Marvel's kind of fumbled. Not Marble Magic has kind of fumbled the ball in these last couple of sets. The fucking release dates have all been fucked up, and I really don't care for it. It's uh, it's hell on us. Uh local game shops because the big stores, the big box stores, seem to be getting their ship quicker than we are and I don't care much for it.
Speaker 3: No, And it's like, we want to be able to buy any kind.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, locals really depend on sets like this and and people being excited for them. And then when Marvel or Marvel Magic fucks up the print run and then is like, well, sorry your shit, I'll love, but we're gonna make sure Walmart and Target has all their shit. It's kind of it's shitty, it's fucked up. I think they need to know where their bread and butter is because nobody is gonna set up a table and play a fucking Commander game or a game of Magic in a fucking Walmart. They do in local game shops though.
Speaker 3: These are cool to just go try it and see how long before we get kicked out? Can we finish the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So Wizz'll do each bracket.
Speaker 1: Probably pull their heads out of their fucking asses. And if anybody gets delayed on any of their ship, it should be the big box stores. It should not be local games. Yeah, so I've I will now come down slowly off my soapbox, and I will say that I have not looked at any of these, but I know that LEVI and.
Speaker 2: And this is where I'm gonna jump on my some my soapbox, and I will do it multiple times because I'm doing and I will do it probably in short verse. But I have prime example right here on the screen for everyone to see. We have four hundred and fifty three cards in the base set. Why do we have four different printings of so many different fucking characters? Why couldn't you have given us more characters or more just anything? Well, because like, hey, we got Black Widow based Black Widow alternate art, extended art, alternate art extended art, and the Chase alternate are extended art, and I don't know which of these will come in foils and the Surge foils and whatever the fuck? Same thing with Bruce Banner, Captain America. Captain Marvel only had three.
Speaker 3: Doctor Doom's got four, like I can just she Hulks got fucking four, and she's got multiple different versions of her.
Speaker 2: What the fuck are we doing with our character choice?
Speaker 1: I feel like he's only saying this because he didn't get a Moon Night.
Speaker 2: But I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, mostly he wouldn't have noticed otherwise, Oh.
Speaker 2: I can fully he would not. I can fully admit that about half of my anger for the choice of people and then how much they printed different versions of them. Half of my anger comes from the fact that the most I got of Moonnight was him in the front of a card. Is it he on a card?
Speaker 3: He's on the front of a card. That all right, he's in the foreground of which which card?
Speaker 2: Uh fucking burrow backup.
Speaker 3: Burrow backups York. Yeah, which it's Moon Night too, So it's uh that one. Oh it's Mark Spector, Right, yeah, that's Mark Spector.
Speaker 1: I that's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, then the thrown button and then the other one that I got just to stay on the soapbox. I think it's on this one.
Speaker 1: These cards are fucking cool though.
Speaker 2: If you look.
Speaker 3: Right there in the top left corner, dude, hey, look that's it.
Speaker 2: We get brown suit Wolverine in that one too.
Speaker 1: I love the youth scoured And then found that that was the first one I found.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was just about to bring that one up. Sound glad? You did.
Speaker 3: When they were first starting to release some I literally went through every artwork and was looking for anything that could look like Moonnight. When I saw that, I zoomed in screenshot at it and sent it to the fucking Magic group chat.
Speaker 1: Are they gonna see us at all? Or only the screen they see?
Speaker 2: They're gonna now see multitude. This is what they see is you guys in the bottom right, me and okay, the screen in the set. Oh that's that's cool. All right, all right, that's fine. I just wanted to If they weren't, I was gonna take my pants off. But I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding that that should give us like fifteen more views. We got bulls Eye, Yes, we did, we bulls Eye. I like the bulls Eye. I like the Bruce Banner cards. What are the flip sides look like on the those two?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh I don't care about the top two. But man, that Comic Book one is badass.
Speaker 2: Yes? I like that. You get the old Grayhole?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool, very cool?
Speaker 1: Is that what they did for all of them? Like the Captain America's and the Black Widow, Like, what's the is there a flip on the Black Widow.
Speaker 2: Black Widow does have a flip side.
Speaker 1: So they only did that for certain certain ones.
Speaker 2: Ones that it makes makes sense for them to transform. He's transforming from Bruce Banner into the Hulk.
Speaker 3: Oh god, because if you look at the bottom ability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha, gotcha. Okay, But there are other I like the Captain America is okay, it's not great. The comic book one so so okay. So are those like, are those the special treatments that they're gonna have? Yeah, these are bigger characters.
Speaker 3: I guess they all all the bigger characters got these separate Uh you can almost call them like the Commander Legends or Commander Masters.
Speaker 2: Profile shots, that kind of idea.
Speaker 1: And then they got comic A lot of.
Speaker 3: Them got comics also, Okay, all right, I like the comic book, but like Falcon did not he only got this one. He didn't get a comic, right.
Speaker 1: Captain Marvel didn't get one. Did Doctor Doom get one?
Speaker 2: Yes? I have an alphabetical order. Yes, now I'm in alphabetical.
Speaker 1: The Daredevil one is amazing.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 3: If you refresh on the normal order, it'll it'll group them all of the same together.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if I go back, I was just saying I had it sorted by name, spoiler date or not spoiler date. Uh yeah maybe yeah, there you get set by number. Oh is that what it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It'll uh And I just say I'll label the different versions so you can isolate them too if you need to. If you click where it says twelve cards, it'll remove all the other cards.
Speaker 2: In the list. I was gonna say I had it the other way so you could also see the other ones with them. But I don't give shit the scene cards. I'm sitting here trying to look through and see how many cards Wolverine is in, and I have noticed that I think ant Man takes the highest count. I could see that ant Man is in so many fucking cards. I just say a lot of these have flips that I didn't even think about, Like I would have never thought of doing King Tischalla and Black pant their separately.
Speaker 1: Well, and he's fighting Venom.
Speaker 3: Typing is pulling from Wakanda. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I was actually about to start typing. Yeah, yeah, we got here's the logos what they call them because they all have their name in the back. I'm gonna need about all of them. I enjoy them. I know some people were talking shit because they were like, oh did they forget? Are you gonna forget their name? I think it looks cool. Doomed as hard as fuck. Oh yeah, you were asking about doom that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know. I enjoy those cards are cool. The Shang Cheese a squirrel girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so fucking excited for her. She is going straight and chatterfan. Yeah, as she should. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you should build a new the Wolverine ones cool. Yeah, that's classic fucking pose for him.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't mean to click that. I meant to transform it. I do like Thanos. I was mentioned to Seth about his ability because, in my opinion, most like seventy percent of the time, everyone's choosing even not odd, because his ability is tap one of each mana put two on one counters on Thanos Choo choose odd or even destroy each creature with man of value of that chosen quality. Seventy percent of people are going to just choose even unless there is an absolute menace that is an odd converted mane cost, not unless.
Speaker 3: You uh cast spills that each creature gets one one until the end of turn, and you control it yourself.
Speaker 2: It's based off of their converted manecost. Well, oh, it's their man of value. Sorry, yeah it's not.
Speaker 3: I thought you said. I thought it was something those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I was also like, I get the one one counters. But also, if I'm just gonna fucking kill him, what's the point, what's the point of putting them on there? Right? No, that is a good point. I think it's a good card. It just I kind of questioned how they did it.
Speaker 3: You give them instructible, Yeah, give him instructible and then and.
Speaker 2: Then hit it. Then do it. The dual lands look awesome. Yes, I think so too. This will be fun. Oh there's your our chase, MinC. I gotta get it. I hope, I hope one ships out of your shop. Yeah. I want one to come out of the shop. I don't care who gets it.
Speaker 1: I love of God, pull one out of I'll pull one out of pre release, I'm sure the other day. Yeah, you might pull a regular yeah, regular one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's all the comics. I don't know. You did good with one, Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely enjoy the.
Speaker 1: Tony Stark one.
Speaker 2: Oh this one, yeah, And then.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's it pisses me off that Wolverine didn't get a flip card because you could have totally had him go from like being in a bar in one of the comics, sitting having a drink and then next thing you know, berserker rage and the place is littered with fucking bodies. Give me a berserker rage version where Wolverine fights each creature, like, yeah, if a creature would die after fighting Wolverine, he fights another creature and you just let him fucking boardwipe your ship.
Speaker 1: I have that the Mariner in the store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, greated, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 1: These are all comic book covers except for that Black Widow not a comic book cover, isn't.
Speaker 2: Just it's probably new. Flipped that one probably, Yeah, it's classic comic cards.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, flipped the Jessica Walters one where there's that I didn't even see that up there. And then Tony Stark and Bruce Banner need flipped as well, and King ch'challa.
Speaker 2: I just say I showed those before I had.
Speaker 3: Injured pillow because it's warm now.
Speaker 1: And then what are the extended art?
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's all the extended arts. I mean, it's are you gonna run a Cloak and Dagger?
Speaker 1: It's the only Marble Rivals that I can play, It's not the only one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can play the Dinosaur. Yeah, you can now play as the Dino. You know, because they gave us Moon Girl and fucking Devil Dinosaur. But I couldn't get a goddamn Moon Night our Moon Girl and Dinosaur on market. You get moons Girl ship. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fight with those tiny arms.
Speaker 2: He bites people, his christ he's a t rick. The arms are in a handicap. Did you see how big his feet are?
Speaker 1: Oh? Scientists Supreme of Aim?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was bitching about that to Brad. I think last week some of these fucking dumb ass things like why did I need a Scientist of Aim? Why did I need a fucking henchmen of Aim? Why did I like they.
Speaker 3: Didn't get Scientists Supreme though?
Speaker 2: And is it like wasn't that Lady.
Speaker 3: Octopus let's see fucking type Yeah, because it's a legendary creature and it's like, well, who who were who was it supposed to be? It's the weirdest fucking.
Speaker 2: Uh amos.
Speaker 1: Several characters.
Speaker 3: Scientists Supreme is often described as the top leader of AIM and is the scientific counterpart to the Earth Sorcerers Supreme.
Speaker 1: The first inducted individual to use Scientists Supreme was Modoc, who later kills Oh wait Man. No, he was the was the Scientist's spearheaded and supervised.
Speaker 2: Modoc was lyle Getz. This is okay, So.
Speaker 4: The Clinton from the Wait Parliament from Parliament. He was the third individual to be the Scientist Supreme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could see around corners man, he had the bootsy Collins.
Speaker 2: They got the funk man.
Speaker 4: I was not expected to see George Clinton on that lap list.
Speaker 2: Ain't them that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like Doctor Strangers, Like have you ever heard about this title?
Speaker 2: Uh real? Yeah, well the other one just died, you know.
Speaker 1: Read Richards is the one during One World under Doom storyline, which is probably the most recent thing. So Read Richards is the current Scientist Supreme of AIM.
Speaker 3: Guys, he's just gotta be getting anything.
Speaker 2: What does he do?
Speaker 1: Pay two life copy target act activated or triggered ability you control from an artifact source a weapon to kill a god. AIM can do that if you have the money.
Speaker 3: If it were a legendary would do infinite with itself, right, and then it'd be released in standard.
Speaker 2: It is standard. H if it was legendary, if you had.
Speaker 3: Two copies on the field, you can copy it and it would be a booking bad time.
Speaker 2: So I imagine.
Speaker 3: I imagine it was supposed to be a common, and then people are like, nah do.
Speaker 2: Again, nahdu I'm so dumb vendors Tower, but why do I need a Moonstone? Keep? It is Moonstone.
Speaker 3: Clearly much more superior to any other Moon themed heroes.
Speaker 2: Adam common, Fuck you?
Speaker 3: They haven't they needed a common legendary. I'm surprised they didn't release Moonnight as a common. It just says moon in the flavor text and that's it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm surprised we didn't get Marvel rival treatments for some of these.
Speaker 3: Says Moonnight gets death touched, but only when uh its owner becomes completely angry and unhims.
Speaker 2: Everybody has been freaking out about this card off. I mean, yeah, I'm playing it. I agree it's really good, but I'm also like fucking doom Blade.
Speaker 3: It's going straight in my fucking Neil Drawsy deck.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I even sat. I want to build a new drawsy deck with him as the commander.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just going in the deck because it's a deck where you like shuffle it and pick one and it's like, oh, what gross do you want to be today? What flavor of sauce do you want on your spaghetti?
Speaker 2: Monster? That's nice that they did, or he'll be in it too. I like glactus. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what's probably the most powerful card that they brought out?
Speaker 3: Oh, go to artifacts or filter it so that it's just artifacts at uncommon. Uh, you're asking me to do things I don't know how to do on this. Go up to the top in the search bar space, do R colon, oh.
Speaker 2: Our colon and put uh you.
Speaker 3: You for tommon and then well then T colon artifacts and then space you guys, I can't see there's a glare minus like and then T and creature ta colon creature, So your non artifact creatures right there, there's the most powerful card of all time that the Daily Busle, Daily Bule. I'm gonna roll up, bitch up and swat you motherfuckers on the note. So many times draw a card, it's just it's nothing crazy. I wanted everybody to focus on this fucking card right now, because it is gonna go hard as fuck in my j Jonas Jamis someday and it'll be very, very fucking powerful there.
Speaker 2: However, everywhere else it's like, okay, whatever, you're fucking lunatic. Oh they did like swift it.
Speaker 3: I just feel like it's gonna be something in this category as well that's gonna be the most powerful if you remove the rarity for uncommon, Like if you change the rarity from uncommon to rare, and we'll look at all the rare non creature artifacts. Oh, I didn't put Comma after the r and put him. Oh I didn't think about that. So that does it include mythics? Do you see him in there? Anywhere it added uncommons? Okay, I think it's just got all of them. Then I'll scroll back up slowly. I'll just say I guess I haven't really looked at a lot of the artifacts either. Actually, if you just delete the whole are rarity part, it'll just show everything better.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: No, I was just super excited about the newspaper and then like arcane Sicknet's fun because it's like the card you used to get out of the comic book when you're failing in that's cool, Gravestone, Why couldn't have slithe Where did you see that?
Speaker 2: Right there? Right there?
Speaker 1: So does that mean Green Grim Reaper has got a car or no.
Speaker 2: It's a reprint. I believe it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just figured we were getting since we have, since he's part of the Wonder Man thing.
Speaker 3: He some of these are reprints, like Heroes Blade is a reprint, but that's clearly the Roman's gotcha Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: But I can't remember the Host is a reprint. Yeah, Oki Scepter. That card is gonna be fun. It's like in control, target creature and tap that creature until in turn becomes a villain. I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like when he fucking tells everybody go get the test ract.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then.
Speaker 3: Of course Relicive Legends reskinned his mule Nair.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Modoc's fucking rocket power gobblin Guy Gliger. Oh yeah, they reprinted a lot of Spider Man cards in.
Speaker 2: This as well. Yeah, it kind of irritated me.
Speaker 3: I didn't bother me too much, except for the fact that they picked some stinkers Spidermobile did not need to come back like.
Speaker 2: He was already in New York. He didn't need a ride. Here.
Speaker 1: Looks like they printed a bunch of talsman.
Speaker 2: Fucking ate the talismans.
Speaker 3: Yeah for the commander decks. Yeah, because that's Oh, you're only on the commander decks. Yes, this is the Oh shit, I thought you were searching all of it. No, I was over on the Commander's side looking through all of that. Uh, that's we needed on the artifacts in the Marvel set, like the standard set.
Speaker 2: The fuck.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's the mindstone that I get.
Speaker 3: That should have been our first clue. We never saw a mindstone. Jesus Christ j Jesus's arc reactor. I think that was when I read that. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fucking fun.
Speaker 2: Clean jet. That's fun.
Speaker 1: Ten rings? Can you have ten of them in your hand?
Speaker 2: No, your maximum hand size is ten, and at the beginning of your end step, if you have fewer than ten cards in hand, you draw equal to the difference. But the fun thing is is you can put that in with like what is it, ferries insight, It's a blue enchantment that every time you draw a card, besides your first card you draw an extra one. Yeah, I think that's the cosmic Q. What's that? Can you read that? There's a lot of words ward two. Whenever you attack, look at the top six cards of your library. You may cast a spell from among them with man of value less than or equal to the greatest power among attacking creatures you control without paying its mane cost. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order. I like that. Yeah, that's cool that.
Speaker 1: I feel like you guys are gonna have a lot of fun with this. Is that I think that's a little bit more open a Spiderman set.
Speaker 3: I agree, No, no, because I had more fun than any fucking body I think in the planet with the Spider Man set, like you get, there's I don't know. I ain't got a convention to go to dress like Wolverine while I kick people's ass. So I think Spider Man is a little high on the list for me.
Speaker 2: I am I.
Speaker 3: Am an anomaly and maybe needed removed from the statistics.
Speaker 1: That's fair, are they? I love that path to exile is fucking Captain America, like the death of Captain America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I enjoy this to Challa's protection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I better fucking pull like eight of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't either, and I'm fucking tired of it me too, buddy. I just want a goddamn play it, and I need to at a very minimum because I'll have a black panther decked counter spot in there. I need that as well. Oh my god, the Similacrum synthesizer. I also need the reconnaissance mission, just simply because well, our last few podcasts have been pretty centric around that whole topic. Yeah, got the sky Diver's fucking jumping in and it's uh, Nick Fury, you know, kind of tired of all the snakes on the motherfucking plane, so he doesn't jump the fuck out of it. Yeah, get them to sign and be like, just write fucking snakes.
Speaker 2: I love the chaos Warp, Yes I do too. Yeah, I love the art.
Speaker 3: On it a lot, Like that was a good one, and it's like, I feel like playing Masters cool. That chaos Warp means I'm gonna get back whatever fuck spooky thing just went into my library. Like somebody plays it against me. I'm like, bro, your fuck you shouldn't use that version?
Speaker 1: Is that heroic intervention with.
Speaker 2: Ant Man and the Wasp. Oh this one, yea? Who the fuck is the blob dude? I don't remember that guy.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that guy. But wasn't there another one right next to it? What was the one right next to it?
Speaker 2: You know that?
Speaker 1: No, there's one on the other side too.
Speaker 2: Oh with the Earth. There's three.
Speaker 3: Ant Man is in two of them, Yeah, ant Man and the other one. Oh that's got classic lookie too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's got that one.
Speaker 1: Why I remember? That's why I noticed that one.
Speaker 2: I don't see him.
Speaker 1: He's right there. He's small, so that's he's underneath. It's the naked dude on the right. Is that Nick Fury?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stand. I had no idea. I think there's a Richards in there.
Speaker 1: There, there's there's Richards she Hulks, Richards Hawkeye, iron Man, Spider Man, Hulk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know who the dude with no shirt on? Is it? Nay More?
Speaker 3: Maybe if you look, if you look to the left of Captain America's shield, John Cena is right Thereina. I only know that because he confirmed it.
Speaker 1: So are there only are there three other there's three of them? That Yeah, three heroic interventions that's that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Holy fuck. Nobody even plays that card against me very well.
Speaker 1: But collectors are gonna want yeah, Loki, people are gonna want that.
Speaker 3: That o G Loki whoa whoa. Well the wild I want it for ant Man and I am a logi guy, but I also want it because the wild part is with how much Heroic Intervention has been reprinted, it is still fifteen fucking dollars. Yeah, I'm gunning for every ant Man. I want an ant manet section in my U my mad binder, oh nice mind, in my closet shrine. I also love that they're reprinting all of the secret layers. Oh fuck yeah, what's coolest fuck versions too.
Speaker 1: I love about all the nature with the mohawk.
Speaker 2: That's the storm I've been wanting. You should get a mohawk. How you click? I love this one. I did do what was too too Horn agreed.
Speaker 1: Did they reprint Pathed Exile with Spider Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, they reprinted that's the old No, no, no, this is all still the Marvel comics stuff, but it's separated from the Spider Man. Yeah, this is the Marvel Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what chill, homie, what they we got to the end.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't reput all these in there, Okay, god damn, because that would.
Speaker 2: Put what a hundred and hu just one hundred. Yeah. I do like these cards, or they picked a good suite.
Speaker 3: The Similacrum synthesizer is one I definitely need.
Speaker 2: I can't remember who it was. I think it was the professor on Twitter commented on someone talking about this. So it's like, I have like seen this card for three days now and just now realized it's not Similachrum.
Speaker 3: What is it. It's it's or Solemn Similacrium.
Speaker 2: Sorry, oh, he kept he kept looking at it and thinking it was just Solemn Similachrum, even though it's not.
Speaker 3: It's the artifact for fucking it's the thunder junction, it's a ball or ass cars. But yeah, I use it in my Iron Man Captain America Dick because I have them both in there. But it's in there for the theme of making ultron robots for Iron Man. So the fact that they put this is the artwork in this set is like one of the biggest things that I like. I'm right, It's like most of the cards they've done that ship with in this set are actually cards in the decks I've already built, Like, I'm gonna have so many just plain version swaps and it's if it's so much fun. Yeah, the heroic interventions, the fucking some of the other spells for Vigor. For Vigor is in Wolverine, I believe.
Speaker 1: Right, And now you get to put in a Marble themed deck with a Marble themed card.
Speaker 3: I forgot this was a card And this is something I'm gonna start running way more.
Speaker 2: Just to fuck with people. Creatures can't block. I cool of that because it just means everyone's gonna swing for the fences.
Speaker 3: I am cool with that, because, motherfuck if that's half the reason we don't finish games is we just don't swing, yep, because you're afraid to lose in your ship. And then you forget that the other people aren't swinging because they're afraid of losing their sh it, so they're not gonna block.
Speaker 1: Nice Okay, cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm excited for a lot of this one. The Thanos Sculptor. I can't wait to run just so I can flex on people that hate it and don't understand it. Like you shut your mouth, you have no idea this is an icon. Well, I got a rusty nail you can step on.
Speaker 2: I just get some tetness. It'll good lead you to lock jaw.
Speaker 1: They didn't put Jeff in here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet you. Jeff and Moonnight are gonna be in.
Speaker 3: A set that's uh never released because the community bitch too hard and they just decided to scrap a whole Marvel set.
Speaker 2: How they'll lead the last set.
Speaker 3: And it'll be advertised and then be like, Nope, we're done, and the community will revolt. Well, then, LEVI never gets a Moonnight and order Jeff.
Speaker 2: Here's my curiosity. Do you think one of the sets will end up getting if they continue to only do one Solestone per Marvel set? Do you think we'll get a rival set?
Speaker 3: No, because they only have the comic license. And here's something I think as well. When I can't remember which god damn convention I was at, it was one of the early ones, but they said three years of Marvel, and this year at one of the other conventions, Mark Rosewater said it's gonna be five years of Marvel. I think they spread everything out because they were about to have them butted up to each other. I think spider Man was supposed to be tailing or leading up to Marvel Superheroes, and they split them apart because that's why all things got choppy at the end of the year, and now all the princes are off because everything's been walked and fucking moved around because people aren't receiving Marvel as well, and they want to spread it out more so it has a likelihood to keep people more engaged with it. Five years is also standard rotation, so everything fucking released from Spider Man means it'll all be legal in the standard rotation because they're fucking changing shit all weird, like, they'll keep so much of it in rotation at a time. The potentiality for playing Marvel's only decks as possible and probably strong, but you'll never I don't think you'll ever have all the Infinity Stones illegal and standard at once. I could see that because they were about to fucking do that, and they're like, people will fucking kill us if we make Marvel completely corner Standard by having it in a three year rotation with all the Infinity Stones illegal and standard, like they had to spread it out because of the bad fucking reception they were getting from in general, and I'm like, well fucking booked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean honestly, and I get it. I get it because there are a lot of people in this set. But with that being said, like there's a lot of Marvel characters that aren't, Moonnight being one of them. But there's no Professor. Yes, there's no Magneto, no Doctor Strange. There's no Doctor Strange, there's no Nightcrawler, there's no Mystique, there's no half the fucking ex Almost every x almost all of the X Men or are without with the exception of Wolgreen and Storm, most of the X Men are non existent.
Speaker 2: Is there a.
Speaker 3: Run of comics that focuses on god level stuff only?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is literally called Marvel Gods God. Does that include Moonnight? No, it could if you want to bring in the Egyptian God.
Speaker 3: Because they're not They're not in the Marvel God.
Speaker 2: With the exception of Daredevil.
Speaker 1: The street level people aren't on here.
Speaker 2: What is what is?
Speaker 1: There's no Jessica Jones, there's no there, and.
Speaker 2: And there is Iron Fist to think so.
Speaker 3: Let's see, I imagine I just type it iron there. Yeah, I guess I was sorry Blast years out, But No, Like, I'm trying to think, what's the what's the biggest threat Moon Night's been involved in?
Speaker 2: So if you want to go comics, he went through and killed a couple of the Avengers and was like going on a rampage trying to help Conchu take over the world. He became a a earth full earth threat level at one buying with Conchu.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so what about fighting against a conflict? What's the biggest conflict where he wasn't a fucking problem.
Speaker 2: See when you go down to that, he immediately goes back to street level. We're with okay, no, because that was all in his head. I was about to bring up he did do several fights with or several team ups with Captain America, Spider Man, and Wolverine, but you find out at the end of that comic run he was in an ass insane asylum and was a loose hallucinating all of it.
Speaker 3: Well, because I'm wondering if they won't have the street level is kind of a that's not going to be a fun set to the public because they've already fucking done Spider Man, and I feel like there is still a lot of room to focus on some of those. If you're reprinting Spider Man cards in this, that means you can make a whole set that's for during Daredevil in that fucking and you get some more kingpins.
Speaker 2: None of the Guardians the Galaxy right.
Speaker 3: Here and the Moonnight never really does anything with them, so I don't know how they would work, But we definitely need some more cosmic oriented shit because one of the Captain Marvel worries about Cree and there are hardly any fucking creedy in the set.
Speaker 2: So let's talking to Seth about this. You bringing up Captain Marvel. It made me think of the scrolls. Yeah, I'm a little upset that they made scroll their own creature type because the scrolls are just shape shifters.
Speaker 3: Well, they should have the shape shifter creature type, I think.
Speaker 2: However, they guess. I wouldn't mind them being scrolls if they were also shape shift That's.
Speaker 3: Where I'm like, are we gonna get something with more cree people like Captain Marvel? You'll get the Guardians of the Galley, Like, are we gonna get a set that it's two stones in space? We could I could see that, you know, there was two Lokis and a Lady Loki.
Speaker 2: That's not enough.
Speaker 3: Fucking lokis like, ah, there's gotta be the whole Marvel Gods thing that I was thinking of different things because you've got superheroes all right, now you need the gods. Now you need a set that's all about these other fucking people.
Speaker 2: Because also with the gods, you can still pull in Thor again.
Speaker 3: And and I don't I feel like there weren't a lot of There wasn't as much love on Thor as there has been on Spider Man. And I think that's where we just got the glue set. This is the functionality set that holds all these bastards together. And we're gonna get the niche shit from here on out where.
Speaker 2: Which I would like technical We're gonna get all the X men.
Speaker 1: I just looked up Moonnight, so you didn't have to leave any of this. Man, you guys were in the middle of side. I just move Moonnight and space and manipulates the night sky.
Speaker 2: Yes, you see that in the TV show Yea, he Can Change the Stars where.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the famous comic arc where Mark Spector grapples with an astronaut alternate personality. I haven't seen that, and that there's a He's like, there's a twenty.
Speaker 2: Fuck you three. I'm an astronaut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically, so, so Moonnight is I mean, there is a space element.
Speaker 2: To Moon Night.
Speaker 3: So what's he do when he when he gets the moon Night suit, it's just the space suit instead of like Moonnight costumes.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: The Guardians of the Galaxy makes sense, especially Yeah.
Speaker 2: They gave me eight Ball. Here's the one of his villains in the current run that has became a teammate to Moonnight. And I still don't get a Moon Night. Yeah. Here's the thing. They put Lucky the pizza dog in Oh.
Speaker 3: I like Lucky, Okay, I just like Lucky because it's a dog Cosmo.
Speaker 2: Cosmo would have been better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we get No, I think we I think this is setting up. I don't think you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Just search Cosmo in the search bar real quick.
Speaker 1: I'm betting we're getting a I'm betting at some point we get a Guardians of the Galaxy, not in the set.
Speaker 3: Not within the set, just the squirrel there should Why the fuck? What was the fucking planeswalker dog from Infinity Oh comment, Yes, okay, I'm like in my Captain America Dick because it's a fucking dog in space. Like, I bet you they re skin that as fucking Cosmo.
Speaker 2: I bet they too. I bet they do.
Speaker 3: I bet it gets recent and it's it's legal and commanders, so they have like pretty good reason to Guardians of the galant cards were legal.
Speaker 2: Some if they don't have a silver border or an acorn symbol.
Speaker 3: That's one of the best ones too. I have I have the alternate artwork one in there. I actually think I have an extra copy of It's something I.
Speaker 1: Typed in Moonnight and Guardians of the Galaxy, and it's like his major interactions with Guardians of the Galaxy comes from Marble rivals where he has dialogue that engages him with star Lord and out of Morlock. But I bet we get a Guardians of the Galaxy set that includes all the Guardians out of Morlock, like Nebula like it more.
Speaker 2: Uh, Yeah, we didn't get a Gamoora or a Nebula here, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are definitely Marble characters that I think are significant that.
Speaker 2: They thor is reference in artwork, But is he in fog for thug.
Speaker 1: In artwork in one of these yes.
Speaker 2: But he is there is no throg thor frog. I can't remember what the artwork is that he's referenced in.
Speaker 3: Did we get he's in Pet Avengers? But it's got lockjaw, it's got what's the hawk? Fucking dude?
Speaker 2: Haw guy? Oh, it's it's the falcon. It's a falcon.
Speaker 1: What the oh my god? The cat from Nick Ferious.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's that's Hairball wait, red wing Lockheed, Hairball lockjawl red wing to me and it's thralled saying that quote. So Hairball is a magical cat that's not from it's that's a cat, the one in Nick Curiys.
Speaker 2: That's not a.
Speaker 1: Cat, that's an alien's cat. Actually it's a dragon cat dog bird frog Hero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, otherwise known as Peter Porker's best friend.
Speaker 2: It is a Pet Avenger. What do you expect? Nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sad there's no He just brings up the Pet Avengers don't have a space. So I bet moon Night will be the same time with Jeff in the Pet Avengers. So be like, I don't know where to stick him. I don't know, making babysit.
Speaker 1: It would it would make It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jeff and the pet Avengers get their own not set.
Speaker 2: But secretly.
Speaker 3: I could see the rose because then they'll really sit later like they did.
Speaker 2: I could. But anyway, yeah, what yeah.
Speaker 1: So what's the what's the card? Not that everybody's gonna look for for playability, but what's the card?
Speaker 2: What's the gonna be the minstone, the.
Speaker 1: Banger of the set?
Speaker 2: Is that? Just just think if you're talking what the chase is gonna be?
Speaker 3: Is the sole stone I'll give you. I'll tell you yeah, oh yeah, it's not as good as much. I think other people will have a lot of things. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that's gonna be worth.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh, I think all of the alternate arts in like Search for Oil and the comics, and but also those what are they, uh, these logos? I think these are gonna go hard. People are gonna want these, especially A people are gonna want like just your typical Iron Man, and like I think some of the characters, even if they're not necessarily good or like as good as they could be, because they're iconic characters, people are just gonna want them as such as I don't know how much, Nick Fury, We're gonna see around the place, but I bet this card is gonna go for money.
Speaker 3: Mule Naire and somehow she Hulk are pre ordering for the highest amounts right now. Really, she Hulk is pre ordering in the special artwork for three hundred dollars and muleonnaires. Are you talking about like on this Yes, that's the highest out of four hundred and fifty three fucking cards in every print right now on on like scribe Fall for the MSH price. Oh no, it's yeah, I just say, I'm just noting these market prices are not reflective.
Speaker 1: Of that my mindstone border lies three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like crazy, what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the price someone's fucking with all the prices intentionally on TCG player. It looks like because it makes no sense, because there's.
Speaker 2: No way that's all like some of that sho's pre ordered for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I it's usually everything super fucking high, but it's relatively close to what the ratio percentage would be once.
Speaker 2: It settles at a lower price.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like this card is pre ordering for five bucks and one's pre ordering for three hundred and one will be fifty cents and one will be three fucking dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like, well that's the other thing is like a lot of these cards, even if they are good, like with the amount that's gonna get open of this set, they're just gonna yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna tak him price. This one's from where they're at. Yeah, this will be a tough call on what's gonna be the most sought after. I swear to God if I don't get like, this is my opinion, what should be the most sought after? Wolverine, more squirrels, more squirrels, squirrels, I do like square in fucking Ygri for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh she's going right in chatty fank.
Speaker 3: I may make food. Yeah, I was like, oh, that's perfect squirrel food. I gotta find it now.
Speaker 2: The scene.
Speaker 3: I hope to complete the scene. I don't really give a fuck about how many copies of what I get. I just it's like a good spread to complete some of the artworks. The one seems fucking huge. Tippy Toe, it's in the commander set. Ah, if you create one or more tokens, instead create those tokens plus an additional food token.
Speaker 2: Which here's my question with Chatterfang. I would create the squirrels plus a food token. That food token would create a squirrel. Creating a squirrel would create a food token. Creating that food token, it would create a squirrel. Is it not just infinite? Wait? Say that again? So if you would create one or more tokens instead create those tokens plus an additional food token. So I'd make the squirrels plus a food token. That additional food token would then make me a squirrel plus a food token. That would it not? Or you would?
Speaker 3: You would need a way to destroy either Chatterfang or her, or you draw the game.
Speaker 2: Which you could with as long as I have one man to open. Chatterfang could just kill himself at any point. That would okay, see that would be the thing.
Speaker 3: But if you did it with no manna, you draw the game, and if none of your opponents have a way to resolve, Yeah, the game goes on infinitely and you can't stop it.
Speaker 2: So I basically can't have tippy toe out without one man to open, or I could just fucking draw the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he doesn't have to concede. He can sit there for the triggers and wait out the clock. Yeah, he could sit there for twenty four hours waiting for him to give up if he needed to. I like this, Yeah, I'm gonna do it. You're gonna have to open the store and we're gonna both be sitting there like this. I see and even I don't thought shit myself would make him leave, but it didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much of this set I will build as Like, right as we said, this is kind of the base of building up for the rest of the Marvel, so they could do wacky shit now. But there's a lot of things that I just see that I'm like, oh, I want that in my Ultai air deck for attacking. I want that in Chatterfing for the squirrels. Like, there's a lot of great piece cards out of this. I have.
Speaker 3: Five Marvel no sorry, six Marvel themed decks already. These will mostly just be parts right for me, like I that'll be I want the Commander decks, but literally, I think this is like I just want them to have them and be able to play a pre con real grab one of the pre cons, bring it with me to night so I can be on level with other people in pre cons kind of shit. Yeah, but ultimately like now it's it's all for parts for those parts for the future. Damn seven, Sorry I forgot, let's see J jon and Jamison, doc Oc. I've got Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America, Black Panther. I think that's it. Okay, it is six thinking the Storm now, she was kind of gonna be a part of a deck, but I never built that.
Speaker 2: I want to build storms so bad.
Speaker 1: Other than you got J Jones, Jamison and.
Speaker 3: Doc ok yeah, I think that was it for Marvel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know who's to say I might not build something, but nothing stood out to me as like, hey, I need to build this deck. I'm like, motherfucking more villains because it's a villain typal deck and I'm like fuck yeah, and it's all about clones. So I'm gonna move it to Gris's and throw the Loki from the Commander deck at the Helm and put all the new villain clones in there because they put a.
Speaker 2: Lot in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then like black Panther, I just didn't have a direction. I was in the middle of fixing that deck, and I don't think I got the news for this pre con I'm like, well, I'm just gonna wait so I can put all the Secret Layer cards in there and change it around.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to see mine's dilation get a beautiful arc because I don't think people, yeah, enjoy this card enough.
Speaker 3: That will be fun to play that. I don't remember which one that came in.
Speaker 2: I'm a I would.
Speaker 1: I would guess the Fantastic.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what I was, assuming you're my words or like that. Yeah, that one's good again, fucking perfect for the Clones energy. Yeah, I like that Nick Cherry card. But committment just like the I just like the artword.
Speaker 1: I still love that Samuel Jackson is now in Magic.
Speaker 3: Until he's in there like four times over we get the Incredibles and Star Wars.
Speaker 2: I can't wait if we ever get an Incredibles. Yeah, I would love that.
Speaker 3: Is they'll reskin the Spider Suit into Super They just reskin the fucking Frozen's wife Where it says when this when Frozene's wife enters search for super Suit.
Speaker 2: Honey, where a suit?
Speaker 3: When when he enters he searches for her?
Speaker 2: We got Rube Goldberg machine to find the.
Speaker 3: Super give him that weird partner mechanic, and then she just tutors.
Speaker 2: H, shoot, where are we at with this? Like fifty three minutes? Fifty four fifty five? Nice?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? Are we still looking at cards?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? I don't know. I think we're good. I think we could be good. Okay, all right, fatigued.
Speaker 1: So definitely check out the marble set for Magic. Don't forget about Savinia Comics. We will we have as much as we can get. H Savini Comics. What's located on the second floor of Bonus Points. It is a comic bookstore that sells Magic Comics toys. And was that twisted sister? Grow up a little bit, keep going decent?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: There is that twisted sister?
Speaker 2: This lambor of grapplers a wrestling card? Nice? Last second? Hold on, I gotta pull it up for the for the podcast.
Speaker 3: It's a performer, isn't it it is?
Speaker 5: It's a wrestling card. Menace enhance, enhance in hands the wrestler, performer, they get the performer creature.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. I was like, is that dece not your.
Speaker 2: They could wrestle me, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Awesome anyway, like share subscribe. Don't forget to pick up all your magic stuff at Sabini Comics. Don't forget about Concho's fist on.
Speaker 2: Twitch? Is that now?
Speaker 1: That is Twitch?
Speaker 3: You keep telling me not to forget, so I'm acting like I done forgot.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, you know, come in, grab some cards, play some magic, have some fun. I'm Nick, I believe. And this has been pint some pages