Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one w JRIR, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with Lynch Hintaco and see which rockers.
Speaker 1: Are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one do w JRR.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure you heard that keyword a little while ago that could win you one thousand dollars to rock the bank this hour, Bank.
Speaker 1: Bank b A n K enter that at WJRR dot com Bank.
Speaker 2: When you go to the website, you'll see the rock the Bank contest box pop up and there's a little space for you the type in the keyword. Each hour they're gonna play hourly with a separate thousand dollars opportunity for each go around, So it would behoove you to play each hour, just the first of thirteen that'll go out today. Bank sad news. John Sykes has passed away. He was most notably guitarist Thin Lizzie and a White Snake. John was sixty five and has lost the battle with cancer. That sucks, Yeah, unfortunate. I'm been telling you for a while that Shineedown was due for new music, and by gosh, we're gonna have some new music from Shinedown on Friday, as the band will release two brand new singles. One song is called three six five and another called Dance Kid Dance.
Speaker 1: I tell you, man, if you think how many hits that band has, it's crazy. Remember seeing them and three Days Grace and it's just non shop.
Speaker 2: It was a fantastic double bill back in the day. But yeah, so Friday, and I'm fairly certain you know you'll be hearing some of that stuff here on JRRS. Oh, definitely all right. Def Leppard played their first concert of the new year Saturday night in Mexico. Notably absent from the performance was guitarist Vivian Campbell. Vivian was replaced by Phil Collins guitar tech John Zaco, who has stepped in for Vivian before, who also, as you know, has been dealing with ongoing treatment for his cancer. Situation was planned. They knew this was happening, and you know it may happen from time to time. Moving forward for other def Lepper dates. Black Crow is the latest artist to be added to the upcoming fire Aid benefits. Alanis Morris said has also jumped in Graham Nash, John Fogerty and many other artists will be performing on the dual concerts from LA on Thursday, January thirtieth at both the Intuit Dome and Kia form to raise money for rebuilding communities devastated by wildfires and supporting efforts to prevent future wildfire disasters throughout southern California. So one night only event and dozens of performers at this point. This will be broadcast live on iHeartRadio stations across the country, or you can access it through the free iHeartRadio app. You new and improved Free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: I might add there's a big lineup.
Speaker 2: Manh Exodus has been making some music news and fresh scene here for a few days now with the news that what's old is new again as they have welcome back singer Rob Dukes, who at one point had been fired from the band. Rob replaces Steve Zetro Susa, who has now been let go again from the band. And uh, you know, they both like they have both you know said you know, at the times of their dismissal, had some issues and I guess it's like whatever, guys, whatever you want to do. So Susan's out again. Rob Duke's is back and he says he's looking forward to going out and playing with the boys again. So Mark TREMONTI, what's he in it is? For? Well, because he's as busy as you can be obviously, uh, you know with Creed being back out doing their thing and more dates to come this year, his uh Mark Tremonte band with new music on the way, alter Bridge you know, also do for stuff that he's got a very busy and his foundation all this suff But here's the not he's he is basically now flat out saying that if Creed expects to want to continue to, you know, do these shows and whatnot, Uh, just renewed interest isn't going to be enough. There's going to have to be some new music. So it sounds like everybody's more or less on board with that, I think so from the Creed front, it's just a matter of trying to schedule in when and how they're going to work on this in between everything else that everyone has going on.
Speaker 1: So because Staff has his music.
Speaker 2: Exactly, he's got his solo deal going so anyway, that's it's encouraging though. I'm good for them. It's a good problem to have. Yeah, it's a good problem to half Iron. Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson represented Great Britain yesterday in the Veterans category at the Circuit European twenty twenty five fencing tournaments. After winning the first round match ten to four against Denmark's Yeiner Simon, he lost in the next round to some dude from France. But yeah, those of you didn't know, Bruce Dickinson's pretty adept at fencing ended up coming in thirteenth out of the thirty four fencers in the Veterans cat. That's code for older. Oh yeah, tells so anyway an old fencer. Good for you, Bruce. Eh what else yet? Here? Buck Cherry has announced their new album, eleventh album will arrive. It's called Rarlike Thunder that'll be coming our way in June. There you go. That's some rock news for you this week, Oh of nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 1: Thanks for keeping a rock alive in Central Florida.
Speaker 2: This is one on one one w JRR