Speaker 1: All right, go to Weathersfield. This morning. On the line, we have Alexis. She wants to be on second date. Up date.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Alexis, good morning. Hey, So tell us about this great first date.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a really good date with a guy that I met just a little bit ago at the grocery store. Kind of crazy. We were just like bumping into each other and we thought, I don't know, I thought he was cute, and so we exchanged number and we were six sitting then in the pro was like apple ball around this and we've changed ever. It was really cute. But then we went out to dinner and I really like him. I think he's got a great job, he's super hot, Like everything about him is honestly been really great and it was a really good time. I'm kind of nervous though, because I texted him after saying thank you. I really liked it and I want to see him again, but he hasn't texted me back, and I'm kind of scared I'm getting ghosted.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of.
Speaker 2: All, I am freaking out that you met at a grocery store in the produce that's like a dream of mine.
Speaker 4: That's actually I know it was really cute.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, so did you I know Jeff always asked these questions, you know, first date?
Speaker 1: Did you drink too much? Is that why he didn't? He's ghosting you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you have too many cocktails?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay? Did you offer to pay? Did he pay?
Speaker 4: I didn't, but I mean I figured that was like that was okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to sit here and think about working in like some sort of banana joke, you know, or cantilopes or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see you're saying store.
Speaker 5: I really can't figure one out.
Speaker 1: Though I can't with you.
Speaker 2: I feel like meeting in the grocery store is so organic and it's so like you, like you had a connection. Right, one might have been the organic ayle, I don't know, all right, so let's just jump in and call him. I just I'm going to call him and ask him to be honest, and you're going to be listening in Alexis. If you have anything to say to Jackson, feel free to jump in at any time. Okay, okay, Okay, Well let's do it. I'm calling him. Hold on, you'll be listening in. Oh my god, you guys, they met at their I'm going to the grocery store today.
Speaker 6: I feel like every time I go to the grocery store, I always look like a nightmare. L I'm in leggings, I've just worked out.
Speaker 1: I look disgusted.
Speaker 2: You're gonna take my hat off, I'm gonna look pretty. Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi is Jackson there?
Speaker 5: Yes, Hey Jackson, it is Courtney Jackets Walmart Jeff.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Savannah Collin from Kiss ninety five to seven.
Speaker 1: You're on the radio this morning.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: I will tell you you're on the show because you're on Second Date Update. It's a feature we do where if you go on a first date, you have a great time, but you get ghosted after that first date. We try to get answers. So we are calling you to get some answers about a first date you went on.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, yeah, all right, So we just.
Speaker 1: Want you to be honest. Alexis reached out to us.
Speaker 2: Alexis said, you guys met in the produce aisle of this supermarket.
Speaker 1: It was like a movie. Then you went out on a date.
Speaker 2: She said, the date was fabulous, and you're just such a great guy.
Speaker 1: But you're a ghostinger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, is there a reason why you're ghosting her?
Speaker 6: I think what.
Speaker 3: Really put me off was, well, she showed up to the date twenty minutes later. But what really put me off was that she didn't say She never apologized, She didn't say, oh, I'm sorry, I'm late. She just moved on and started talking about how, you know, how lucky I was to be on the date with her.
Speaker 7: Wait wait, so wait, so you're telling me she rolls in twenty minutes late, doesn't even say hey, sorry, I'm a little late, and then just proceeds to tell you how lucky you are to be on a date with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she said she She said she was in high demand right now, so I was pretty lucky.
Speaker 1: But is that insinuating she was coming from another date even?
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe maybe she was going from points for that. Maybe that's why she was late.
Speaker 6: Can I ask a question, do you think maybe she was being sarcastic? Because that's like something I would say to my husband, like jokingly, you literally can't do better than me, but like it's not but no, but but like I'm not but I'm not serious, It's.
Speaker 1: Like totally joking. Okay, we like roast each other all day long. That's literally our relationship.
Speaker 3: I mean, first first day. I mean, you don't know somebody's humor all the way right yet. I mean, it's possible, but it just kind of put me off a little bit.
Speaker 2: It gave you the ick, it gave me the that's fair, no second date?
Speaker 1: Okay, can I listen?
Speaker 2: I hate to do this, Stu Jackson, but Alexis has been listening in Alexis.
Speaker 1: Hi twenty minutes late and you didn't apologize.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry. I think I was really nervous and I just didn't I I don't remember, and I'll apologizing. I'm so sorry. I I think I was just nervous and frazzled. And I swear that the I'm in hymn comment was a joke.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that makes a lot of sense. It's okay, So it was all a joke.
Speaker 1: Whole I'm in demand? Is that something you had?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think I was just trying to to break the ice. It was a little awkward at the beginning, and I it was a weird joke. It came off wrong and yeah, I guess I am. I am a catch, but that wasn't what I was going for with the line.
Speaker 1: All right, so I'm sure you're catching.
Speaker 5: Can I just say one thing that may ruffle the feathers here of some of the ladies out there listening. And this is something I tell my wife and daughter every time they are late. You are not famous enough to be late.
Speaker 1: Just be on time. It's so rude, all right, all right, but what we get it? We get it. I mean, stuff happens. I mean, but I'll figure it out.
Speaker 6: But granted, at least like centem a text like hey, I'm running behind. I haven't forgotten about you, you know, just like let them know that. Yeah, all right, you know that's like a respectful like I appreciate your time, but you know, stuff happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think I was just over compensating. I definitely should have texted and let him know I was going to be late. I was just so froggle trying to get there, and I think I just totally slipped my mind.
Speaker 2: All right, this is what I want to do. I want to pay for another date. I will pick up the tab and just I feel like you should go out again. Don't be late this time, No, alexis okay? And then Jackson, Jackson, I want you to throw on a couple of jokes about being a great catch. I will, probably, and then let us know how it goes. I really think that we could. You could make this work on a set on.
Speaker 4: Another date, Okay, I hope.
Speaker 1: So all right, well we all agree. Awesome, there we go. Yeah, let's do it. Keep us posted, guys, We
Speaker 4: Will all as you know.