Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 2: First of all, you filter out everybody who wasn't happy with minimum wage and would stay with minimum wage for the next ten years.
Speaker 3: There's a filter.
Speaker 4: You have no one working for us.
Speaker 3: That's pretty much what happens, isn't it. That's pretty much yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, we're done with that, and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, Taco Tuesday, June twenty four, Actually tonight, I am going to have tacos, which I have not in a long time. That last several weeks, it's been either a Taco Monday or Taco Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Joe big. Yeah, we're big fans.
Speaker 2: We're big fans to tacos, and we make curious all of us.
Speaker 3: I know you are, and I'm going to have them today or is he gonna? I understand public?
Speaker 2: No, I understand. It's it's big news. And I will tell you the tacos seasoning. Okay, that I do. Uh. Sometimes I open the package. Sometimes Lindsay opens the little envelope. So that's very much homemade because we make it at home.
Speaker 3: After opening the package, that counts. Damn right.
Speaker 4: I bet you.
Speaker 6: I bet you you have all the ingredients in your pantry to make taco season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's gonna do that? You would do that? Yeah, that's right, I know. I can you do all that stuff? You do all that stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking at cooking classes because the history stuff I want to do doesn't start till next year.
Speaker 3: You heard, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out now that I live in Orange County, I want to and I'm not talking to you guys very much. So I've got to fill my days up because, like many of us, you know, our day ends at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, my day ends at nine o'clock. You know I am.
Speaker 2: At this point, I am grabbing my crotch and under my breath saying, bite me. Okay, I just find it very funny.
Speaker 3: Well, Amy, you're out by what ten ten thirty.
Speaker 7: Some days?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she's also in much earlier than we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. So she's in earlier and leaves later.
Speaker 6: Okay, everyone in there is up in here earlier than we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's uh yeah, Actually it's just the two of us that will you come in later than I do. What do you mean, when do you actually sit down and start reading the news? Me?
Speaker 3: What time? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You get up at four am?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't care what time you get up. I'm up at three am.
Speaker 6: But I come in here and I start reading the news as student as I get it. I normally get the stories at four forty five.
Speaker 3: All right, Well.
Speaker 2: That's okay, fair enough, because that's when I started hit the same time bub Okay, that's when I started hitting it for forty five, I get it, all right, don't say hit it pardon Oh.
Speaker 6: You you mean when I click on zoom so you can see me.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm working before, It's true, just before. Okay, fair enough, all right, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Neil. Yeah, now there you go, and Amy again.
Speaker 7: Morning till.
Speaker 4: Ye creditor leave her alone.
Speaker 2: There's by the way, that was how long have we been working together, Amy?
Speaker 7: Just a couple of years.
Speaker 3: A couple of years.
Speaker 2: In all those years, I mean, we've done a lot of shows together. That could have been the most contemptuous uh con station we have had in all the time we've been together.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that, uh cono.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, and uh will you're wearing a Cozumel's sweatshirt good morning that you bought from Cozumel.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did.
Speaker 3: I went down on a dive trip a couple of years ago. Oh you dive. I haven't for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, no, kiddy, and I am assuming you have to have extra weights that you put around you.
Speaker 3: You have a lot of float.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of flotation as part and parcel who you are?
Speaker 3: Okay, by the way, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm wearing my T shirt this morning because I forgot to take you. I forgot to put a shirt out. Uh there, okay, and you know, and there's my hairy chest as Neil made a lot of fun of me. You remember a couple of times.
Speaker 4: I refer to you as jewbaka.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and then a couple of times I've had my shirt off and people send in all kinds of comments.
Speaker 3: Bill, why are you wearing a sweater? It's summertime.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just really depressing and.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: All right, No, we' that's enough going around making fun of everybody. Let's do it, guys, because we do have some serious, yet maybe some optimistic news.
Speaker 3: It's time for handle on the news Amy Neil and Me lead.
Speaker 2: Story, Well, it looks like there's sort of kind of a ceasefire in place. Israel and Iran did agree to a ceasefire, and then almost immediately the ceasefire was violated. Iran says that it didn't launch missiles after the declaration of the ceasefire when it's supposed to take effect. Israel says it did. It turns out that if it did, we don't know. The Timeline's easy. I mean, I understand why I want.
Speaker 3: To come out.
Speaker 2: We know exactly when missiles are flying. I mean, it's not that's not hard. But Iran said no, Israel said yes, So it's very shaky. And the President, oh, this morning, the President, I was watching him live on the way to Marine one and then on the way to Air Force one because he's going to NATO.
Speaker 3: Ooh, was he pissed off at Israel and Iran? Ooh?
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: They don't know what the f they're doing. I mean just the F bomb just and was watching on CNN and they covered it, and he ripped into CNN and MSNBC and called them scum because they're reporting that maybe the nuclear facilities in Iran were not in Iran, were not completely destroyed. Oh boy, what a story it is. So we'll see as this thing pans out, minute by minute, and.
Speaker 3: Hold on and coming up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Just a great story about when the president decided to bomb Iran, and I'll share that with you.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting. All right, Sorry about that.
Speaker 8: Anie, It's okay. They missed, but it may have been on purpose. So Iran launched multiple missiles against an American military base in Qatar yesterday in retaliation for the US strike on its nuclear facilities this weekend. The missiles were all intercepted. There were fourteen fired, thirteen were intercepted, and then the fourteenth one. I think nobody knows where it went, but it didn't land anywhere near US. A total of fourteen missiles were launched. Iran was saying, we did basically one missile for every missile that the US dropped on our nuclear facilities. And they called the Kataris first and said, oh, by the way, we're launching missiles, so you can put your missile defense systems in effect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're being very very careful. They have to. They had to respond. I mean, there's no question to the American attack. They had to.
Speaker 2: It was the most measured response that you could possibly have.
Speaker 3: Clearly, they're really.
Speaker 2: Interested in the escalation and they want to one off to not get into a pissing match with the United States. And based on the missiles that were flying, of course, the Iranian officials said.
Speaker 3: That we have complete superiority.
Speaker 2: They declared victory, and now that's what they do. They have to, they absolutely have to, they have no choice. And I don't know if people anybody in Iran buys that. And they've also declared victory over Israel with the piece the piece over the truce agreement. We have had complete victory over Israel and we forced them to accept a We forced them to accept a truce, much like Hamas is arguing they're victorious over Israel.
Speaker 3: To their people, it's it's crazy over there. Do you remember during the Iraqi war?
Speaker 2: Do you remember bad Dad Bob, the spokesperson for Saddam Hussein, and he had a press conference on the roof of the building. He was one of the fifty two and he was so funny they took him off the list of the most wanted because he is sitting there and he is telling the cameras that Iraq has successfully defended itself against the tanks coming into the city and no tanks are allowed in. The camera pans over to the street and there are hundreds of American tanks the street.
Speaker 6: Ah, the best visual ever.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do one more for a take a break.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: NATO leaders, as you were saying about the President, are gathering in the Netherlands today state of a start of a historic two day summit hopefully unite the world's biggest security organization around this new defense spending that we talked about yesterday. You know, there's still division there among the thirty two allies. They're endorsing and focusing on that five percent of gross domestic product, but Spain continues to push back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just they just can't get everyone to agree anymore.
Speaker 3: I mean, those days.
Speaker 2: Are gone and NATO has to have everyone agree, for example, allowing someone into NATO. Ukraine wants to come into NATO. It's never going to get the thirty two NATO members to agree.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 8: If you want to take a deep breath, California is not a bad place to be. A new study ranks California as one of the best states in the nation.
Speaker 7: For lung health.
Speaker 8: It cites lower smoking rates, cleaner air, and more favorable environmental conditions compared to much of the country.
Speaker 3: Of course it doesn't go ahead.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say it doesn't rank in the top ten for lung health in general. But does is one of the states with the lowis COPD rates?
Speaker 2: Now does that include southern California because we're in that basin we get these inversion layers or is this across the state?
Speaker 7: I believe it's statewise.
Speaker 2: See, I think that's a statistic that you know, because if you look at Los Angeles, Southern California in general, particularly the La basin.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 4: I do not know if you're just gauging it off as COPD.
Speaker 6: Maybe people move out, Maybe they move if it's exacerbated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's fair. I mean I was, And I don't know if you folks have been around. No, none of you are as old as I am, because I'm just about to hit one hundred. But as a kid in the fifties going to elementary school, I remember there were days when it looked like a London pea soup fog, and it was smog, and they wouldn't let us outside because if you took a deep breath, it actually hurt to breathe.
Speaker 3: Now we're much better off.
Speaker 2: Because of all kinds of environmental concerns environmental side, for example, catalytic converters.
Speaker 3: No one more incinerators. You know, we used to burn our trash. Everybody had a home incinerator.
Speaker 6: Oh when when we moved into our place, it had this brick, uh, the home where they used to burn trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the German communities loved it. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 8: Okay, I can I make a quick addendum because I've made a mistake. Yes, California is actually sixth on the top ten states for lung health.
Speaker 7: I thought it wasn't, but it is.
Speaker 8: No you mentioned that, well, I thought it would have long rates of COPD. It's got the second lowest rate of COPD. But it's sixth on the top ten.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, small small correction, small correction.
Speaker 6: Divided Supreme Court is allowed to the Administration of the United States forts President President vald Trump to restart swift removals of migrants to countries other than their homeland. So this lifts the court order that required that they get a chance to challenge the deportation. Of course, all three liberal Justice justices dissented, believing that thousands will be at risk of torture or death.
Speaker 2: Well, and think about this. Here's the logic and there is logic.
Speaker 3: Here as far as the Trump administration is concerned. Is you have to you want to deport bad people.
Speaker 2: That's assuming you're deporting bad people, okay, and not mixing it all up, which is a different story. And you want to deport them to a country they came from, Well, the country has to accept them. And if the country says no, they can't be deported back to their home country. So what this court order says, we can deport them someplace else. We'll throw them in South Sudan because they're allowing us. We're paying them, and the court just said you bet you. Lower court said you can't, and now the Supreme Court said, yeah you can.
Speaker 6: Did they say they can't or they did they say you need to have a certain amount of due process?
Speaker 2: No, they said they can. I don't think they talked about due process. I don't think they talked about due process. I don't think that has yet been determined.
Speaker 8: The process of getting to your doctor might be getting easier. United Healthcare, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Signa, Kaiser, Permanente, Humana, and other providers have announced plants to streamline, simplify, and reduce prior authorizations. You know how you have to call and get it the OKA before you can go to specific doctors. That has been long criticized, saying in surveys and government oversight reports that the practice routinely delays or even denies care. So yeah, they're going to change it and phase it in over the next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the authorization.
Speaker 2: You go into doctor's office and before procedure it can be performed. Doctor calls the insurance company and says, is this authorized?
Speaker 3: Can we go forward with this?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't understand the story about Kaiser because Kaiser doesn't do that.
Speaker 3: Kaiser is self standing. It is an HMO. So you walk in, they order.
Speaker 2: A procedure, doctor orders a procedure. There's no one to call if a procedure has to be done. If insurance covers it was by the very nature of you walking in the door, you're covered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a closed system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't quite get And the only thing is I mean, you take your chances a little bit as to whether it's going to kill you or not, and it's like fifty to fifty. But other than that, it's you know, so this story doesn't make any sense as to Kaiser, which I have been a member of since I've been five years old.
Speaker 6: So the homeless guy walking down the street with the Walmart or Target carts that might be worth more than your used car. Turns out they're gonna start hitting customers up with fines of twenty five hundred bucks for taking a shopping cart off the property at major retailers, specifically Target, who.
Speaker 2: Takes shopping carts off the property homeless people for the most part. Right, Well, yeah, that's gonna have twenty five hundred dollars fine to a homeless person.
Speaker 6: Well, I do see a couple of wlitas walking like they have to walk back and forth.
Speaker 2: Now, now, if they threaten to throw them in jail for a while, I can see there'd be some kind of decrease.
Speaker 3: But here's a fine. Huh.
Speaker 4: One hundred and seventy five million dollars is lost annually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are expensive carts. I mean, there's not cheap to manufacture a cart. I've never understood why you couldn't get it.
Speaker 6: No personal there's no way to buy a personal one that I'm aware of like that. So why aren't anybody homeless or otherwise walking down the street with one?
Speaker 4: Why is it not taken back to the stores?
Speaker 2: They do take them back? Oh, no, they do take them back. There are people that drive around, you know. That's a business is picking them up, and they have trucks and then they return them.
Speaker 3: That's a whole business. Find every selling them.
Speaker 2: I know the people just leave them there now. The homeless people use them for half their home. But there are also people that just within walking distance or their car is a block away because there's no parking, and then they just leave the car.
Speaker 3: So people walk around. So there's these companies walk around.
Speaker 2: But I just love the idea of a twenty five hundred dollars fine against someone who is homeless.
Speaker 3: Boy, that's going to work, Okay.
Speaker 7: More terminations.
Speaker 8: In spite of tougher laws, The number of abortions in the US rose again in twenty twenty four, with women continuing to find ways to get abortions despite bands and restrictions in several states. Twelve states are enforcing bands on abortion at all stages of pregnancy with limited exceptions, and four states have bands that kick in at are about six weeks into pregnancy, which is often before women even know they're pregnant. So the latest report from we count of the Society of Family Planning, which supports abortion access, was released yesterday, a day before a day before the third anniversary of the US Supreme Court's ruling that overturned Row versus Wade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're thinking, this is almost counterintuitive if you have twelve states that you can't do abortion, and abortions for the vast majority of women is the abortion pill meth pristone. And so you have to assume in those states where of course it's allowed, it's fine. And I'm assuming that women are smuggling in this drug somehow or somewhere. For example, let's say you have a cousin friend in California then then mails it to you.
Speaker 3: How do you stop that?
Speaker 6: And I don't know, the ulcer probably not that difficult to get, right, That's the whole point.
Speaker 3: It is a pill. It is a pill.
Speaker 2: So and those are the majority of abortions is with the pill. I mean the stat says abortions have we're up in twenty twenty four, notwithstanding twelve states banning it virtually completely.
Speaker 8: Well, they're also saying it's also easier to get the MEFI pristone because you can get a prescription by telehealth, so you can get it with a doctor right as opposed to having to go into a doctor's right.
Speaker 3: And the issue is, but they can't.
Speaker 2: No pharmacy will sell it to you in those states, So you have to figure out another way of getting it.
Speaker 3: Maybe on the street.
Speaker 2: You know, with your cocaine, you're buying coke and mefi pristone. Maybe it's two for the price of one. I don't know, Okay, moving on all right.
Speaker 6: Representative Marjorie Taylor Green made it clear that she and her bow President Donald Trump are having a spat. She is at odds with other Republicans who support an aggressive posture against Iran. She said that there's a very big divide in the party over this issue. In her position, opposing foreign wars is becoming more popular among the base. She said, Hey, I got elected on the exact same campaign promise that President Donald Trump got elected on. We promised no more foreign wars, no more regime change, and that's what she's sticking with.
Speaker 2: And there's a split among the Republican Party now. The vast majority of Republicans still are backing up Donald Trump. Mike Johnson, for example, said once again, whatever the President wants, I'm going to get and he jumped up and down with the Marionette Springs. But you've got Marjorie Taylor Green and even Representative Thomas Massey, who.
Speaker 3: Is a true Trumpest. By the way, a.
Speaker 4: Straight Marge Taylor Green isn't no.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying we already know about her that she's come out against it. But in addition to that, I'm pointing out Representative Thomas Massey, who is a Trumpest, also came out strongly against it, to the point where the President said, we've got a primary him out and started really nailing him.
Speaker 4: I think it's healthier that they're having debate.
Speaker 3: Oh, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 2: And the Democrats are just sitting back and enjoying it. Not that it matters because the Democrats, you know, who are they going.
Speaker 4: To put up?
Speaker 8: Compass says Zillow's not playing fair. On Monday, the real estate brokerage Compass sued home search website Zillow, accused it of engaging in an anti competitive conspiracy to maintain its dominance over digital home listings. Zillo says, hey, we're just working with the interest of consumer can transparency and compasses trying to hoard listings. Eighty percent of the people who are going to go look for a new home go directly to Zillo's website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Zillo is saying that if you look any place anywhere, if any person is selling a home and it and you don't use Zillo, if you go someplace else, you'll never be able to use Zillo. And so yeah, oh no, And then that's the question of transparency. Of course, Zillo is not trying to market, you know, grab the entire market. And by the way, in terms of going to Zillo, when I bought my new house, which we have to name somehow and I don't know what the house is going to be named, went.
Speaker 3: To Zillo and just a terrific real.
Speaker 2: Estate agent, Charlie, I mean really good, and we're crazy about him.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: Do you know that if a real estate agent in this case comes from Zillo, which so many do.
Speaker 3: As people go directly to Zillo. Takes two thirds of the commission. Really, yeah, how about that?
Speaker 4: That's insane. Yeah, why would you ever go there?
Speaker 3: Because that's what people do. They go to Zillo.
Speaker 2: They go to Zilo to find a real estate agent. We didn't know of a real estate agent Orange County. So we went to Zillo and looked at That was the first place we looked. And we interviewed a bunch of them in various places, and Charlie was the one we chose, and we went through Zillo to find him.
Speaker 3: And they took that much. Zillo is doing just great.
Speaker 6: Okay, new fear unlocked for police detained twelve people on Sunday. What a bizarre story after one hundred and forty five individuals reported being pricked with syringes this national street music festival, according to France's Interior Ministry. And you know, there happened all over the place France, Paris. They're converting it firming at least thirteen cases in the capitol, So.
Speaker 4: All over the place.
Speaker 6: These people were attacked using syringes and they inject victims like in the arm or the butt or the leg. They're still looking to see you know what drugs were in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no reports of any drugs at this point, only the jab.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they were afraid of ro hipnol and GHB and all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: But how weird is that?
Speaker 6: You know, you're going to a music festival doing your own thing, somebody's jabbing you with needles.
Speaker 8: I remember there were reports of that happening somewhere around here. Well maybe not in California, but yeah, I got to look.
Speaker 4: Into it here in the States somewhere.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like a year or two ago. New York City's election for.
Speaker 8: Mayor jump ball, That's what both of the leading candidates are saying. Technically there are eleven candidates on the ballot today, but in the final weeks, Andrew Cuomo, who resigned as New York's governor in twenty twenty one, and Zoron Mam Donnie, an assemblyman and Democratic socialist who's been in government for less than five years, they're they're the main runners, and they both say, yeah, we don't know it.
Speaker 7: It's neck and neck. It's a jump ball, all right.
Speaker 3: A couple things. Como was ahead by thirty points a few.
Speaker 2: Months ago, and Mom Donnie is the only one that has raced to basically be I had to head with Cuomo, and he is a straight socialist, straight out AOC socialist. And whoever wins his primary is going to be mayor because New York is overwhelmingly Democrat. So we'll see who the new mayor is. Be kind of fun to see a socialist mayor in New York. You think we haven't heard much about.
Speaker 3: What's his face? God, I already forgot the.
Speaker 2: Current mayor, Yes, Sarah Adams, who's running as an independent.
Speaker 3: Let's see how far he goes.
Speaker 4: All, Right, Customer satisfaction, big deal.
Speaker 6: For most of us, one fast food chain has been consistently right at the top for happy customers, and this is Chick fil A, voted the highest in customer satisfaction for the eleventh consecutive year, and it beat fast food competitors like you know, Panera, Starbucks, Dominos, all of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chick fil A is a It's a cult, much like in an out burger. And none of the other fast food establishment have reached cult status, not cult negatively, but certainly in terms of popularity.
Speaker 3: Well, I like Chick fil A.
Speaker 6: What in and out? It's just not national, right, And you know I wasn't crazy about Chick fil A for a long time, but maybe it was a local one that wasn't great. But now we get it quite a bit. I like, I enjoy it. I'm a Canes guy. I mean, if Kanes I find spicy enough, if they're right next to each other, I'm going to cane.
Speaker 2: I don't find Canes all that spicy. I mean, I like, but it is. I think the chicken is moist, more moist and the chicken itself. Oh, but the breading I find Chick fil A especially, they're spicy one. I just really enjoy it. I think we have time for one more Amy.
Speaker 8: Okay, So the former Second Gentleman is headed to USC. Gotta have something to do now that his wife is out of a job, right. Former Vice President Mala Harris's husband, attorney Doug M. Hoff, is joining the USC faculty. He's going to be teaching law students at the USC Gould School of Law starting on July first.
Speaker 7: He got his law degree from USC in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 8: In a statement, he said, one of the best parts of my time a Second Gentleman was spending time with these students and young people all around the country. So I look forward to contributing or to continuing to share my experiences with the next generation and hearing from them in the vibrant academic community at USC.
Speaker 2: Now we don't what subject is he going to teach? I mean, the story doesn't tell us. I didn't see that. So that's one number two. They live in Brentwood, and that's quite a schlept SC. They're leading one of the most expensive neighborhoods in certain southern California, maybe even in the country, and driving into SC SC is not in a particularly nice neighborhood.
Speaker 6: No, but it's getting better. Out of the neighborhood. The neighborhood is getting better. Adams has had a lot of changes, new restaurants going in there. It's it's changing.
Speaker 2: Heany case, I'd like to know what topic, what subject he's teaching? Yeah, no idea, okay, And I think he's taught before too.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 8: He taught at Georgetown while he was in DC while Kamala was vice president.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, all right, KFI am sixty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,