Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of My Canicast.
Speaker 3: I'm Canon Dave and I'm groovy. Oh this is new. It is also new. We're so excited welcome because today we're not introducing a special.
Speaker 2: Guest, that's absolutely right, Groovy, we're introducing our new co host. We've been talking about summer recently on the on the Waking Banks and our episodes. Uh, so I'm excited that you're officially here, and this is our first episode. Is us three together? You came on with Melanie earlier this year and that was a fun episode. We had a great conversation. But now you're officially co host with us on My canic Caast.
Speaker 3: So thank you for doing Yeah, we really we were so honored. It's so fun. And then you were one of my favorite guests to talk to, so it's been like full circle, you know what I mean. And then so so everyone's listening on audio, jump over YouTube, check us out my canic cast everywhere am I canic Cast as well as uh, what was I about to say? I was just gonna say what this episode was about, but yeah, shout out to our partners real quick.
Speaker 2: And then I'll like greovy to talk about what the episode is. Shout out to our fresh new partner, I haven't heard lost Coast plant therapy. Shout out to old school organics, Cannaby extracts Kinship, cannabis co a High nine Yeah, and then cannabis workers.
Speaker 3: She did finally grab these out. I grab this out of my car.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for me, and now you can go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this episode, as we were talking about this is, uh, this is really exciting for us. We're entering a new co host and we kind of want to do a fresher basically like who we are, because if you haven't been following, you know, since like when we were on the couch that are on the chairs actually you know on episode one, we haven't really talked about our story at all times and like what they've been through, what I've been through, and then obviously what Summer has been through so and then brought us here our love for cannabis. So we just kind of want to kind of rap about it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great to get to know you episode. You're actually right groovy with anyone that hasn't been on before or hasn't tuned into us just recently and coming on and Summers kindly have listeners coming in as well. You're going to get to know me Cana Dave might do it over here, groovy. You're going to learn from Commer Summer. So they want to kick it off with you, Summer, Let's uh stop in some of your history and what got you into cannabis and why you're such a big advocate, because yeah, from seeing you on our podcast episode and seeing you not perform but speak at Hashbash this last year, like that's huge to be on that on that on the.
Speaker 3: Podium too, it was real and like you know, we talked about advocating, educating, inspiring. Those are three sayings and I feel like you fit all those categories that you support all those So I really was excited for this. And then just you know, we'll kind of get into why you want to join and keep talking so hacking for so we go.
Speaker 4: Absolutely and thank you both for having me as the newest co host of my Cannon Cast. Pleully an honor. I am genuinely obsessed with the Michigan cannabis industry and all the different facets. I love learning as much as possible. I love meeting people. I love hearing people's stories, and I'm just very passionate about this community and being able to uplift the community, uplift the community at the national scale as well. You know, so that's huge.
Speaker 3: As it gets bigger and bigger, that's what we have to think about is the future, you know.
Speaker 2: Absolutely correct, there, absolutely, So let's get let's get a little background of what got you into cannabis and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like I mean, so let's let's talk about this every let's do let's just go around the table and talk about this all right. When was your first time smoking weed? Let's just talk about that, Like, I mean, let's start with when did you find the plant? Because mine was some REGOs at a college party. We smoked a ball in a circle and I'll never forget driving home and looking at the stars and be like what did I just do? Because like all the drugs I ever did up into then just body buzzes. Like until I smoked weed, I was like, what is this psycho active effect?
Speaker 2: Right? Like, how were you fuck?
Speaker 3: Maybe eighteen eight? Yeah, I was eighteen. I waited till after high school because I was a whoos. No, I'm just kidding. I just su cigarettes and wh I had a best friend at the time that was like, I'll stop being your friend and tell your mom if you smoke weed, And I was like, well fuck. By the way, he ended up growing weed downline, so kind of funny, what about you, Suller.
Speaker 4: So I was sixteen and it was right before homecoming, and I was with one of my really good friends named Parker, and so he introduced me to weed. And the very first thing you ever had me smoke was a blunt and I was APSI just absolutely drooling.
Speaker 3: I was he smoked the whole thing.
Speaker 4: No, just like maybe a hit.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that's what it is the first time, because you're never your brain's not even ready for that, Like you know what I mean, your brain's not even ready for to expect. Like the first time you hit a macro dose on mushrooms, it's like three wires. Yeah, it's great, Great, it's great. I think yours was different than mine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, my first time was honestly with my an.
Speaker 3: I got rip my aunt on your patience right for a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, No different an yeah different.
Speaker 3: No, that was I know what the one used to smoke with back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rest me and her, Yeah, me and her had some good times. We used to go pick up weed together in Detroit. That's a different story. But I was like seventeen and we were at a family party and we dropped off my sister and my little cousin at the pet start to go look at pets and then she pulls out this middle little metal pipe and she's like.
Speaker 3: Oh guy, when the crackhead. Sorry, she culls it.
Speaker 2: Up and she's like hip this. I was like, I haven't smelled weed before her, and she's like, just hit it. So what did I do?
Speaker 3: Like I normally howled her you, oh did you ruin the bowl? Did you just? She's like party foul.
Speaker 2: Took a rip, cough, myss off? So lit I went back to we got them, went to the house for the family party, and I just smashed on food. My eyes were like bloodshot, and I was just it. You know. That was my first time with weed and the second time with Spring and Break senior year back when I was.
Speaker 3: Oh, see you know what's funny, I always thought that was your first time, Like we've been doing this podcast for whatever years, and I literally thought that was see this is why I wanted to do this episode because I feel like I don't even remember everything because I don't ask. I just we've been through so much together so sometimes like we don't even reflect on that part of our life. I mean we do, but just differently, right, So that's what I thought would be cool to like, you know, man, if you want to ask any questions, you know, we go around the table too.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I just thought this was the funny first one. Okay, I guess HM.
Speaker 2: To do actually favorite method of smoking.
Speaker 4: So right now I've gotten more so into dabbing for sure, but I got into a huge phase of my life where I would just roll joints, you know, But now I'm just now I'm.
Speaker 3: A it's a car to too.
Speaker 2: Guess what's the difference between the carts on the puff co.
Speaker 4: What I really like about the Karta is that they sell a variety of different colors, and they're always available on their website or other you know merchants that sell Karda products, and so you know, I I love the color of purple, and so just like aesthetically, it's very aesthetically pleasing. You can adjust the colors on it.
Speaker 3: So do what you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can have different on it, so if you like turn it on, like you can actually set the colors so that they they're different.
Speaker 3: You know, it's kind of cool a puff co end card to say, we don't discriminate here and we love everything, you know. But no, it's funny, Like I've definitely become more of a dabber, like one hundred percent. Like I can't even really compare the amount of weed I smoke compared to how much dabs I do and ash and rosin. It's not even close.
Speaker 4: It's profficient. It saves a lot more time versus like rolling up. It's a time commitment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really good point. I mean, you gotta break it down. You gotta get the weed, you gotta get roll the tip, you gotta get the paper.
Speaker 3: And I love that like kind of almost like you know, religious type of experience where like you do the same thing. It's relaxing, right, But like sometimes I like to smoke a joint at the end of my day when I don't got anything else to do, and I got like you know, sometimes when I I just want to like get my mind a little bit slow and a little bit right, and I want to keep moving. You know, sometimes when I just smoke a fatty to the dome, your boy's gonna chill, you know. Yeah, yeah, you know if I smoke, we when I'm out and about, I keep doing stuff right, It's sometimes that's still motion. But like if I do a dab for me, I can just keep going. People tell me that's crazy, but like I, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, you do operate. I mean he operates on debs like he's going the hand.
Speaker 3: And I've been to smoke because I'll rip a dab like when I'm playing like live and like the sacks and like they're like, dude, how do you do that in you just don't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I like to do.
Speaker 3: It when I'm stone, like I prefer you know, I've learned to do it not stone because travel well it's I get less in my head, you know. But when I'm traveling, you can't always get the good smoke.
Speaker 2: Which that's true.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, because.
Speaker 2: That is the bad thing about not all these states being legal or at least medicinal.
Speaker 3: You know, I played that gig out in Boston. Shout out the homie Camp. Oh right, Tommy can't fuck him? Uh Camp? The shirt you know, we got out there and like, don't me wrong. There was bad and there was our right, but there was definitely like I ran to one guy, I had some good risin, but like you know, it was you don't know who has what and what is what price and you're just like, you know when you're going to these rain especially like I mean you now, I mean we were going to Vegas, right, Like you don't know and you just learned by experience, right. We got burnt a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Vegas bud's very dry, you know if you've been out there, but it's very dry.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I definitely smoked weed in Arizona that was from Arizona, and it was probably the driest weed.
Speaker 3: I've ever I just don't even know how they keep that humidity up, you know what I mean, because it's so dry out there. Like even like after a week in Vegas, my body is just like I'm sick of it. I'm drinking water, eight water bottles a day, like.
Speaker 4: And the Arizona market is structured so much more differently than the Michigan market. It's much harder to get into because licenses are much more expensive.
Speaker 3: Really, I know that, I mean, And that's the thing. I mean, before we get to your consumption, like we'll jump with that. Like I like that every state is so varying, you know. We hear about especially companies who are going like MS SO and stuff, and how crazy different they have to make everything to like fit each thing, and it's.
Speaker 2: Product wise, like you can't you can't have to be certain.
Speaker 3: It's why we hope for decriminal criminalization and some type of standard for the regulation of like but like more standardized, less whatever we.
Speaker 2: Feel like, yeah, I think I think the time we'll get to decriminalization. I'm curious where it comes from though, when we hit when the DEA comes with rescheduling in a couple of months, because like, are they going to do with the schedule three? Maybe they'll do something different, you know, if they did something different instead of schedule three. I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I love to d crim like, I mean, you know, you know, that's what needs to happen, because otherwise, no one's ready for the change overnight. No one's ready for all of a sudden it's legal, all of a sudden, the banks can bank with it, like it's it's like.
Speaker 4: It would hurt the industry because it would make it more so pharmaceutical, so then you would just have to get it like CBS with a prescription. And that just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: That's like eliminates the culture. Yeah, that that kills the culture.
Speaker 2: That's like nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't like it, and I think that's why a lot of these, you know, people who just get nervous of the change. And that's why. And I respect that because I love the culture. I love going to those events. I love I love that stuff. But it's inevitable, right, We're in neevitly going to go this place because it needs to be there's too much wrongdoing, Like it has to be eventually legal, but that row needs to be paid by decriminalization.
Speaker 2: Preache. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, and then Dave, what do you like to smoke about? Because we we kind of got off top of you.
Speaker 2: No, you're good, You're good.
Speaker 3: That's that's why I love the podcast.
Speaker 2: That's why I love the podcast. Something you can talk talk serious talk for me, honestly, I would have to say flower. I smoke a lot of flower. Yeah, no shit, but like my consumption though in general though it's been down, but I smoke a lot of flower and that's usually I go with I do like my donuts though I love a good donut. Yeah, that's like I think my favorite. Like if I was like, hey, what's your favorit thing on twenty twenty four donuts, I.
Speaker 3: Think if you will ever rewind the tape, so it wasn't twenty twenty three, you just think you just found Canadave's new love. It's Donut Dave. Now he's evolved. Donut Davis should change the handle because you get burned.
Speaker 2: I probably would, and then just put Canna Dave and then I put it in the.
Speaker 3: Profile formerly known as.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm about to like check that right now.
Speaker 4: It's like a business idea too.
Speaker 3: Well. We are evolving, even us, like we I don't know if we' even discussed this view, but for everyone not here, we've discussed mi CC Studios kind of being the future of Mechanic Cast, Mycanic Cast being the podcast, waken Big being the stream. And then because we've been approached by people to kind of like help with podcasts, so we're just hoping down the line and do stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But have other have other podcasts, and we do more than podcasts these days, so like similar like the Barstool Sports. How they have like multiple podcasts under Barstool Sports. It's kind of what we're thinking of doing.
Speaker 4: It's the dream for cannabis culture, yes, because there's just so many different microcosms all over the state. In Michigan, you know, like the up is a totally different beast of its own, and you know, or even just like the northern Lower Peninsula, Southwest Michigan, West Michigan, even.
Speaker 3: All the borders anywhere around the borders is a whole different world too. You know, like any of those places that are right there, that's a whole different.
Speaker 2: I don't even think about it like that. That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Summer New Buffalo was basically just another Chicago suburb at this.
Speaker 3: Point, shut out, cannedy in the clab with sugar, sugar cones or old school for sugar. You're gonna do a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: What are you rolling up over there? So you've grinding up what you get over there?
Speaker 4: When they got this this cute we got some North Coast Friday, the URP team.
Speaker 3: We're rolling up sub Travis.
Speaker 4: Yeh sup, Travis, you guys got everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great team.
Speaker 2: Man, Did I see that?
Speaker 3: Actually that Lemon Bhutan I think was pretty good. That's the one I think I tried.
Speaker 2: That's sick because they got Jason and.
Speaker 3: We got a donut by them too. Actually, what was that donut? That was a pressure Pack colab too.
Speaker 2: The donut we got, I know we got two weeks ago. I don't remember what we got in celebration of closing Lost Cows before we move. For me, I was like, dude, I couldn't believe this.
Speaker 3: Great people, great company, great producting. They don't know. Check out the Lost Coast. You want to get away from unorganic pest sides. Stuff's healthy, stuff's good, freaka plants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they always have good collapse North Coast and pressure pack les facts. You can't go wrong with those doughnuts facts.
Speaker 3: Pressure Packs usually pretty solid on the flower game.
Speaker 4: And Lemon Baton won a few different titles at the Olympics as well.
Speaker 3: We gave that one.
Speaker 4: I know one of them was the gassiest.
Speaker 2: I believe it might be incorrect.
Speaker 3: That was really fun. I mean that was really fun. Shout out to uh Tyler and Exotic Manner for that. It's the Olympics, f that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Look into the next way, I'm correcting myself. I think it was heaviest hitting.
Speaker 3: Maybe I think you're right. There were so many awards there, it's kind of hard to remember. It was like fast boom boom boom, right, do you need to help it for another one?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Oh go where I go ahead? It was like it was real fast. It was a lot going on, There's a lot of movement handed and then people wouldn't come up, you know, there just be this awkward moment you'd be like, yeah, I got I held.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, then we run off the stage.
Speaker 3: We'll we're back. No, that was fun. Oh man, that was funny. This has been good laughs.
Speaker 2: Olympics. That was good though.
Speaker 3: M oh yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: That was actually my first day, my first day on the flight totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So let's I think we can we know we've had a lot of fun here. But I want to jump into maybe a little bit more not heavy hitting, but more the real shit because I feel like, just in general, that's kind of what got this started. And I just want to see what motivated you to love cannabis so much and want to fight the advocate side, because I know a lot of people love cannabis out there, But to get on that advocate side, it usually takes some type of self some experience that pushed you in that way. Right, So if you had to look back, what experienced you? What would that experience be A toss?
Speaker 2: That's the question.
Speaker 3: What was that pivotal moment We were like, all right, I'm done just saying I like wheed and smoking and I want to tell everyone. And you started recording this and like, you know what I mean, go do speeches? You know what motivate you to do that? What was that real moment, Candid Eve? All right? I know I felt like you both oll get and be like who It's so hard because before it's just me and you, you know, it's just it's obviously not me talking. It's your turn.
Speaker 2: Now we got exactly flip.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Honestly, for me, mine was probably the raid. I would say that the being rated working at a dispo advanced medical supply. I remember one time recently we were on the podcast and I was like, oh, here was a twenty fifteen. Yes, I couldn't remember the dispo.
Speaker 3: July tenth is what sucks. It's seven tens every year. It's kind of like a bad memory for him, and it's like also, but.
Speaker 2: It's cultured such a great it's a great but it's kind of like.
Speaker 3: Evolved, you know, because seven ten wasn't thing when we were younger. Like, no, it starts kind.
Speaker 2: Of starting that because they had the seven tenths seven ten companies Denver.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm talking about like to us, like that day, the seven ten was always a bad day because of you until it kind of evolved into a good day where it's like now we just talked about depths.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll usually do a sad set post for myself that's like, oh yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Real, man, it was. It was you know. The thing is it was sad during the moment, but look at all that's become now.
Speaker 2: Ma.
Speaker 3: Sure it sucked, it'll be.
Speaker 2: It'll be ten years next July, which is crazy. Yeah already. So yeah, I'll go in the story real quick, and yeah I feel Yeah, I was twenty five at the time. No, it wasn't even so yeah I was talking about it. So yeah, So the raid happened. I was working at a dispo. I first worked at a couple day. I worked at a dispo previously, and then I am helping hands with z Boby and all them, and then I enjoyed helping people out. I loved helping talking cannabis. And I was just paying for college, you know, paying for my tuition fit trying to finish it up college, and so I started at the dispo. They started in like February of twenty fourteen, and then I worked until obviously July tenth, twenty fourteen. So the swat FBI Cia City Police came in hit hit the dispo, uh and hit four homes to the owners my home and another bud Tenders home. And what's crazy is I was literally helping somebody like at the time, and they're you know, they're coming in guns and blazing right, like sit down right, and You're like what Because I think I was told it was legal. I believed it because at that time you had dispos all up on an eight mile right and this was not far from a police station.
Speaker 3: There was that weird gray area that it was like legal for medical and it's been legal for medicals from two thousand and eight, so it felt legal, but like.
Speaker 2: Still dispo it was technically legal because you only you're supposed to as a caregiver you're only supposed to give your overages to your patient.
Speaker 3: Well, I was saying the dispos were super illegal, but everyone thought.
Speaker 2: They were legal, right, There was that. There was that. So then after the Feds came in, you know, they they destroyed my house, like my house, so I had I had my plants in my basement at the time that got chopped up carried out. They broke all my heavy glass I used to have like sick dap glass, like sick.
Speaker 3: I saw it, like I even not only like to bring it up because he had like nice glass.
Speaker 2: And they were like I had pieces like allegedly people hit out though that don't ever smoke weeds, so they had like value to me, Like I was like damn. You know. Then something like they were all trashed in the trash, like literally thrown in the trash.
Speaker 3: Traumatized dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they took his dog, they took my They took my dog Molly, who's now eleven. And they said because she gets allergies and gets these hives on her and her skin breaks like a year, like it's not all yeah, And and they said I neglected my dog and that she had fleas and all the stuff. So I had to go through, go to the veat, do all this stuff to take care of her. What else happened? They took my car, took my phone, destroyed everything in the house at my house with a mess. And then that whole moment literally traumatized the shit out of me because I thought I was just, you know, just working in the dispo. That's illegal. And I was going off on a tangent because that sh uh. I thought it was legal in it, but you know it's not. It wasn't. But still doing something that I love it. Literally, I quit growing for I think six months to a year. I quit.
Speaker 3: I think it was more six months made because it wasn't for a while. To me and your dad, I had that chat or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out pops, can of pops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pretty much throw cannon in front of whatever his family members and call him that. Yeah, a mom.
Speaker 2: Might be like donut pops now because if I switched my donut dad. Okay, ships the creative point man. Sometimes I'm not always there, But yeah, I did. I quit growing. I kind of stopped all things cannabis. I just picked up a little bit here and there at the dispo. I was pretty much nerve wracking, you know, getting the gun dat your face. I was in handcuffs. Fox knew, so my mom found out from the news because you had news reporters outside the dispo. There's literally a video of me walking out. And I remember as I'm getting out, becaus and I go and I look at I look and I see the camera and I swooped my head down because I'm like, oh, my mom's gonna see this. Fox two or Channel four is all there. And I was like, and then that was in the newspaper consistently like people I heard rumors down the line from high school people talking shit, and then eventually came back and oh, there's me.
Speaker 3: Found the article.
Speaker 2: I didn't want the video, and then eventually you know, came back and we started talking about weed. It took what almost fifty episodes for me to put my face on video because I was so paranoid. I still am paranoid, be honest, but like now my videos already in my faces everywhere. You can't scrub it.
Speaker 3: Yeah at this point, oh shit, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So honestly, the reason why I want to start this was because I wanted to not be I want to be able to talk about cannabis. It was something I truly love. I fell in love with the plant when I was what eighteen, I started reading how to Grow, I started diving in, started to see that it had really good medical benefits. Its helped me with my stomach for years. So like to quit something that after going through something, so my life.
Speaker 3: Did bro I think about the High Times magazines used to read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, excellent. Absolutely. I used to google marijuana, man, I was like eighteen, just google it consistently every every day. That that was literally what I would do for fun, Google that, Google Michigan. Just continue doing stuff. And then I was hit with seven felonies too on top of all that. Yeah, cool, and Groovy's pulling out. I don't even look saying I had that little I had, That's all I have was here right there, and.
Speaker 3: I will show you after I feel bad. I forgot the oh you know, I could plug this in b keep going. Yeah and.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that shit just traumatized me, asked Groovy. I was still traumatized for like a long time because he came back and was living with me back in sixteen. That's when you came back and it was only a year and the court didn't end until November of seventeen, so it was about two years. I didn't get the charges until the end of fifteen.
Speaker 3: I remember bringing you to court like one of the times, and you like because you blew a tire and he called me like, I need you right now break me up. If I do miss this court date, I'm abouna go own. And it was like it was like, oh, it was crazy because like, dude, he was going to federal court. Like this wasn't like normal court. This ship was in Mount Clements, Like this ship was like, oh god.
Speaker 2: It was shot out to my attorney. Dude, dude, that ship that was yeah, yeah, shout out and my family for my family from being there, and you know, and then you helping get this idea started because like it was something that I do love cannabis so fucking much. I've loved it, loved it, loved it, and summer oh right there. I'm glad that you know, you were able to talk about it. And I'm glad it's legal. You know, that's one thing I was really curious. I really wanted it to be legal, you know, when it came in twenty eighteen after going what I went through. I don't want anyone to go through that. Like anytime I see it, cop, sometimes your heart just dropped crazy, like yeah, I could go on for like I could go on for an hour, like yeah, it's gotta shut the fuck up, Dave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, one hundred percent. No, no, no, dude, no, never say shut the fuck out. I'm sorry. I was like, no, no, no, no, no, don't put words in my mouth on ringing back. No, because dude, straight up, that was the first time I think I saw again to get too well. No, this is the point we're opening up here. It was the first time seeing true PTSD and a friend, and it's one thing when it's your own because it's like you know, kind of emotion damage, like and you kind of deal with the issues, right, because that's how you get through you talk about them, you go there whatever.
Speaker 2: That was in a really dark place, right, contemplated ship.
Speaker 3: Right especially because you know, like I know, like again we've been boys since middle school. Like I know how Dave is. I know hill like when he shut like when he's upset, he's just like now I'm good and it just shuts down more shit. So like that's when I come in I start, hey, man, you're good, You're good. I knock on his fucking window. Let's get high because I used to do that, like when we're like twenty years old at nineteen, you know that's get fuck hap the morning. Yeah, he went in, wake up, so I come get high off straight up, like that's what friends do, right, So it was like I think it was a different seeing PTSD. Oh yeah, because you stopped talking and you were supposed to pick me up and I'm like, hob he's still picking me up.
Speaker 2: Like because living in shops, I didn't have a phone or nothing for the longest time. In a car, yeah, that ship no shit. Oh And when I was getting interrogated, I didn't know they hit my house right away. And then like usually when you when you hear stuff getting hit and you've watched cops and back in the day and they're shooting houses, are shooting dogs, like I have a pit bull, So like I was nervous that like Molly would have something would have happened, and they're like, what's in your what's in your face? That's such Oh my god, that was nerve wrecking. I don't even want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: It was such a different time. Yeah, and it was crazy because and again kind of segueing and why I was go ahead.
Speaker 2: A year later we got the m MFLA. So yeah, a year later that MMFLA came in through, which was the seed the sale, uh, before we became legal, which blew my mind because it was just what it's six months and then like, I think that's probably helped me though as well too because that happened and then legalization was upcoming on the ballot.
Speaker 3: But and honestly that was the reason why I had the idea to do this. I mean I went to school for audio engineering at that time post and I uh was like, hey, man, I want to like get some content so I can get some freeliance work and stuff, right because I only worked in a couple of videos in Chicago, like and turning and stuff, but doing film stuff. And then we came out, I was like, let's do a podcast just for fun, let's just talk about it. We weren't even gonna really put it out anywhere. The first couple episodes, we're like, we'll see what happens, and then we're like, okay, screw it, let's put it out because it was just audio there's no video. It's just literally we took I took the logo and like looped it for an hour and like that's the video, you know what I mean. It was very basic, like whatever I knew back then. Editing you can see it's fair. Yeah, go back. I can't go all the way back, which eventually maybe he won't be. We thought I would bring into Patreon, but some of that stuff's fun to go look at.
Speaker 2: You can see that was just it's just straight audio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was such a motivation and pivotal point to start this because that become me coming out of that and him. I was living with him for a little bit because we were you know, we were broke ass, just getting out of college, trying to figure out life. Type of kids, you know. So we figured that out and I was like, let's just do it for fun, and he kind of just cause, like I said, he was high times researching Cannus all the time. Like we were sitting in his driveway talk about the flavors this one. How do you feel compared? We used to just like do this ship and in leaning back in a grand am like you know what I mean. So like I was like let's just record it, dude. Like so I never thought it would be here, you know, and still doing this ship, but I love it and I feel like it's just so keep going.
Speaker 2: I'm back to growing too.
Speaker 3: This year. Full circle ship, right there, Let's go, let's.
Speaker 2: Go, Yeah, what can happen. Let's follow your dreams. Don't give up literally exactly. I always try to preach that because like, you can be in a really dark place and make something good. Stuff can come out of it. You just never know. Just don't give up, dude.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, uh, do you want to go? Do you want me to tell my story? Because honestly that I could transition to mind pretty well, or if you want to you can. All right, So like you said, it can help you get through some hard times. And like again, I got into like partying and like weed and selling weed and doing drugs kind of all at the same time, like all real allegedly right, but like again, I was like eighteen, I broke up with diet, a serious girlfriend for like four plus years or whatever. I didn't know what to do because I had this whole line. I was going to do track in college because I had some offers for some like d two school down south and one other place, but it was still wasn't a lot of scholarship, wasn't a full ride or anything. It's chunk, But that's what I thought I was gonna do. And then I started just I would change the schools. And I ended up meeting up with him after years of not talking because that girl I did it used to date him right before that. So when we were when we were friends in school, so it was like a full circle thing, and I fought, I was I guess I was be shit, Wow, I was. We were eight, we were four to thirteen years old, like you know, but like either way, we didn't talk for a while and and we were getting close again and we went to this he brought me. He's like, hey, you want to come to this party. I was like sure, And at that party and went to a fret party. We ended up like connecting and finding our love for cannabis, you know, because we didn't talk for a while and I didn't realize I was like getting into like the wrong shit at the wrong time because I got into wei. But I was also like selling weed and like getting into pills like all mealy, So I kind of got it like getting high for fuck three years or so four years, yeah, because we didn't. So I got into a pretty bad uh powder and pill and pretty much everything but heroin, you know what I mean. I know, but I did. I really fell in love with xanax at that time, and I got a DUI. When I turned twenty one, I lost, you know, I was getting checked for but I blowing and drug testing once a week. So I was basically just on this bad run of like lost and just partying and selling drugs and working at nightclubs and stuff. So I didn't really know what I was doing and just like this part, just enjoying the moment if you will, live a little too hard and then coming out of that uh, after my duy, I couldn't smoke because they took the blackheaded guy that was drug testing, and I think when I got sober finally and realized like I couldn't smoke weed, I finally realized, like, you know, how much this shit was way more important to me than just like getting high, you know what I mean? It was kind of more. It made me happy, like it made whatever lightened my energy, slowed my mind down a bit, and then I was coming off all these other drugs. So I think I just realized how much weed meant to me and I and then when I was off probation, I did get into drugs again here and there a little bit for a year or so, and then it was hard to like stay sober for me. It was like on and off, I was like secretly doing drugs. But eventually I got my shit straight, took some mushrooms and or was an asked I can't remember, and I realized I was like, no, I want to like take my life seriously. And I went back to school and I just told myself I was just gonna, like, you know, smoke bud and I got California sober for a while and got my finally went back to school and got my degree for school, and you know what I mean. But so I think I found this love for cannabis because of it was really hard for me to get sober and it would really helped me. And I think some people are like, oh, it's a drug, it gets you high, But like as I've grown to love to play and there's way so much more benefits to cannabis, you know what I mean. I'm sure if we smoke like nine blods or nine donuts, like we just get high, but like there's a practice in love to this. When you're dabbing, you're taking like personal right when it's personal. So I just I don't know. I wanted to tell everyone because it helped me clean up my life and it helps me stay you know, relatively so ober. I still party sometimes, but not like I did. Let me tell you, I was a wild person. I was wild. Uh eventually did this and then this made me want to do music because I was living with him and Groovy was born. So without a weed, I mean, I won't think i'd be here.
Speaker 2: To be honest facts, So no, I'm glad. I took a lot of X.
Speaker 3: It was pretty bad. So just glad y'all are here. And I really appreciate that because this is cool now, you know, to be able to do this and be myself and I feel rector, you know, because back then I didn't feel like I could tell people I smoked because you're like, oh, you're druggy. You know. Now I feel like I can sharing people. Well that's cool, you know. I It's like wow, that like because at that time I was so lost, like any judgment I was just like rebellious, you know. So anyways, that's why I fell in love with cannabis because it helps me every day.
Speaker 2: Right, So absolutely, really, man, I'm glad it helps.
Speaker 3: It not really just not as bad. I'm not as generator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't. They don't even drink on them. We have an.
Speaker 3: Occasional no, I mean I party here and there. I'll be not party here and there, but nothing like I used to, not in near so anyways, so that's enough about me. That's a little about groovy, little about candidate of Summer. I mean, was there a moment to you that really made you be like this is it? I love this ship? And by the way, what are were you smoking again?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: So right now we are smoking.
Speaker 2: That's right here. I love shout out Friday the Turk Tea.
Speaker 4: So so a little bit of a sad story. But my cousin lost his battle with epilepsy when he was four years old in twenty fifteen. So I was sixteen, and you know, I was just like devastated, and I just started researching different you know, epilepsy treatment cures. And you know, at this time in twenty fifteen, Colorado was popping off and I read these stories about these parents that would move their families out to Colorado so that their children could get legal access to CBD to.
Speaker 2: Treat their seizures.
Speaker 4: And so that was, you know, definitely an eye opener for me, and I became an advocate for medical cannabis.
Speaker 2: You know, I remember hearing about those stories. It was it was a lot, and that was something that like when I started seeing that too, It's like, wow, this really does do more than even what I'm thinking, because like, oh hey, it's actually helped me with my stomach. It's not me thinking it. We're actually hearing stories on the news, and the news is actually reporting on it. That was actually big because that was huge because Colorado was people going there, a lot of people going for charts, I believe too, that CBD.
Speaker 3: And unfortunately, in the beginning of media, you know, some were talking about it, but that wasn't the front page news. It was all about profits or illegal or your kids eeing canny. That's got t seen it, you know, you know, and that was the problem, you know, because there wasn't good education and honest, honest opinions about it. It was all filtered by whoever pays their bills, right, and I think, I, how do I see this? I I just kind of think that's especially why this is so great. But like when you start seeing the real thing, it reminds me of like that saying cannabis cures, right, Everyone says that it's just real simple saying. But like when you see someone like that lose their battle with that blip seed and then see the power, what canus can do? Like you know, it's such an eye opener because it affects your life.
Speaker 4: You know, right, it's exactly like it could have been an option for my cousin, right, you know, and especially just like the stigma as well, like even when you know was like a younger cannabis advocate, Like I'll also say, because I'm gen Z, I'm a little spoiled because like cannabis is becoming decent or five, and you know, when I'm a teenager as opposed to like in my mid twenties.
Speaker 3: Or late or perspect is different, you know. But I mean at the same time, you have an experience with it personally, so it's like it's kind of hard to say that, like you didn't feel like something really changed you, you know, how old were you when this all happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So he passed away when I was sixteen, when he was four. This wasn't twenty fifteen, No, it was twenty sixteen. Yeah, it was twenty sixteen early twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: Man, that's just such a shame too that it's like it wasn't that wasn't available at that time, or you know, couldn't have access to it, get access to it. It was still regular.
Speaker 4: Because it's you know, and then two years later Michigan went re creation right and so creates. But even at that time, Michigan was still medical and you know, even for my my grandma who passed away when I was twenty two, when Michigan was fully wreck you know, like her doctors were very much so against her even using ZBD to the point where they would like threaten to take away her medication that she was like physically and chronically addicted to because you know.
Speaker 3: Like you know, it makes me sick too. About that is Big Farm also has marinal which is pretty much cannabis and a pill or like mocking and it's like okay, like they it literally has.
Speaker 2: I hope those doctors are when was that change that eye? So she had.
Speaker 4: My grandma had pretty severe rheumatoid arthritis to the point where like her hands were just like enclosed like this, to the point where she could really only use her thumbs and her pointer, you know. And so like, you know, she had a lot of pain medication, Like she had like twenty different things that she would take it.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe they threatened take that away and stuff just for using CBD.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Even that's the ignorance too, Like in it's like that like no tear, so it.
Speaker 4: Would like really stress her out and like give her paranoia, and like she just didn't want to risk it, so I get it, you know, which is just really unfortunate that that has to be the case. And like thankfully there are doctors in Michigan and in other states that are much more open to cannabis as a medical treatment. But just the fact that, you know, my grandma was from an older generation where it was highly stigmatized or for madness, you know, X y Z propaganda, It just wasn't you know, and like it wasn't something that she was comfortable with in general.
Speaker 3: Because of just what she grew up with.
Speaker 4: For I mean, yeah, you know, for me being like gen Z, like where I'm growing up in a time where it's like becoming more normalized as a medicine. It I feel very spoiled in that aspect because there are a lot of people who, you know, never even had the chance to be able to use it as a medical option.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Yeah, that's absolutely true. You know, I never really thought about it like that. But it's like it's crazy to think that. You're right, it's kind of like, you know, we're just bored in this time, right, you know what I mean, Like we just kind of we're here and that's the only reason why. And and it's such a shame too, because with that, with every for madness wouldn't have existed, they wouldn't have been so selfish and all that selfish over over hemp, first timber and all that. Like if that wouldn't have happened, so many lives could have been saved, you know. And I just think about it that people are still in jail for it wrongfully and it's still making how much money and how many people are working. It's like, Okay, that's why we need d crimp because we need to get this ship moving. Man. Too many people making money that didn't care about the fucking shit what it like before and then like the stupid we talk about that, but we're gonna never stop talking about that. That's the point. But it is such a shame, and you're right, I never really thought about that, but like it is now, I'm even more fired up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I just think about the wrongdoings it's doing currently, think about all the shit that's happened, you know, right, And yeah.
Speaker 2: Random question, gen Z, So we always talk center generation usually goes with vapes. That a lot of your younger generation smoke vapes or was it really still flower at that moment at times, because I know you said you started smoking flower, but did that continue or was it more vapes? I feel like vaps were pretty popular, so I was just curious.
Speaker 4: So when I was in high school, So for context, I'm turning twenty five in a few days, so for a perspective, in like twenty fifteen, I was mostly.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years old.
Speaker 4: There were a lot of people that would use like the big mod like box vapes in high school. Yeah yeah, or like it was mostly like the juice, you know, like because back then, like we didn't have like the Despie ten threads and still maybe I was like eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, I didn't even think about five tens then, that's right, right, because I just went to dispoke.
Speaker 2: I had no shapes it flower, you had a bowl like I was in college, right, juice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the five tens started to become the thing for like cannabis, but that was like when five ten threads were like bottom of the barrel, just crude oil.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh my god. Beginning of vaping probably did so much damage to me, like so probably worse than.
Speaker 2: All the rakes vaping and concentrates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have some poop soup, like we call it poops, so but it's like really dark, and it was just tane. Basically it's just but tane.
Speaker 2: Someone's like I got homemade wax that titandium. Now that's like just burning hot.
Speaker 3: Cy went now.
Speaker 4: Oh so, like I was definitely also spoiled in high school and like my senior year because I knew someone that was a great above me that had his MED card. So if you drive to Lansing and he would get like wax and he would get like weed, so.
Speaker 3: You're trying decent shatter, then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it had there was like this one that was there was like this one that was like named mango something and it was like really tasty, and so I remember that distinctively.
Speaker 2: I love when those specific strains are specific, like concentrates sticks out to here. We have certain ones like that what was it, master cush we smoked years ago.
Speaker 3: If you want to debating of this, canoby around bout to some to garlic king.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got some stuff some like final dabs you got too. Oh yeah, they're like like the last of this.
Speaker 3: This this was one of my I think this was it. Yeah, the whoa woa Joe Wojo runs.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, We're so good.
Speaker 3: These turfs. Those turfs were really unique to me. And I can't find it anywhere. So if anyone knows where it's at, message.
Speaker 4: Me hold out.
Speaker 3: Probably it's probably gone.
Speaker 4: It's probably keep an eye on the fresh drops.
Speaker 3: Keep an eye hold on you got it.
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 3: How I'm gonna because.
Speaker 2: If you like it, you got to buy two grams of it. You might as well.
Speaker 3: No, no, well this was this is like I said, I got some of this for the gig, so su you know, like I got this skiking so like I don't even know if this was even on this side where it was like, but no, I just really liked it. This garlic Kinge's pretty solidude.
Speaker 4: I know an inster carry is quite a bit of wo jo. There's a few more too.
Speaker 3: I just I go to play at fifty nine in quality, but usually fifty nine because it's right here, like because like it's like four minutes from my house. But what was that one in angster?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: An answer, Yeah, I never even heard of that one.
Speaker 4: They had a large selection of it.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, they're like a new story too.
Speaker 2: They're really nice people. Okay, maybe it's fine, okay, but we also I don't cost but I'm not an angster that often. I'll take a dad with this carle Caane.
Speaker 3: Oh are you? Are you one? That's cool? That's fine, you can have one too. I love sharing turp.
Speaker 2: You have any specific products? You've been digging any turps besides.
Speaker 4: The world jobs Right now, I've been finishing up my is Olympics kit.
Speaker 3: Oh that was gas. You blessed me with some of that stuff. I forget which ones I did we were at that was the Olympics. That was Olympics.
Speaker 4: Yepez nice but I definitely really enjoyed North Coast. I got some full melt from them.
Speaker 3: I do love that they do all the consistencies like not everyone does all the consistencies.
Speaker 4: You know, right, like the concentrates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a guava.
Speaker 2: So oh guava. I've been digging guava by it. I haven't had its earlier in the year. Wapa was the ship so love.
Speaker 3: I thought I brought you my other puff co Damn did I not bring that?
Speaker 2: Oh you did?
Speaker 3: I did right there. The ball should be somewhere to us, So I swear. I was like, I swear I brought you a puff cool time with you? I know, well, I'm not done. I just haven't done it. We should do a dapt time. We want to take a do a dab time with us? Oh yeah, yeah, see we don't. We usually do this on the waken bags. If you haven't known nine am to ten a m E s T. I come and join in, even if it's for like ten minutes. Wake up, been hit that moment?
Speaker 2: Say what up?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: And it's my canicast m I C A N N A C A s T. If you're listening on Spotify or Apple, please give us a five star review.
Speaker 3: But the streams are not on the audio or if you're listening on Spotify too, it's all it's on YouTube, Instagram.
Speaker 2: Just go to YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please support us on YouTube. We're trying to We feel so close but yet so far from that thousand followers, but we're trying to get there. Get that.
Speaker 2: It's almost like, please follow us there, share and then also again, I don't want to give a shout out to our partners. Help me. It's possible while we're getting our dabs, if you want to give me a little dab.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I got you, I got you, I got you. Whoa, Just go back to those audio.
Speaker 2: All right. Yeah, so shout out to our partners on the head So Lost Coast Plant Therapy. We got old school organics. We have cannoby Extracts, Kinship, Cannabis Co, Cannabis Workers Resource, and High nine. Remember if you're going to High nine mentioned Mike can of fifteen and you can say fifteen percent off. It's the hem drink. They got carbonated non carbonated. If you're looking for quality flour where the turpenes thrive, that go check out Kinship. And So they got some new collabs out with superb They have donuts and rosin that just came out, and then we got Cannady Extracts. They just came out with the Kuve Cookies collab and then they also have the collab of Bilac Cookies and was a Jemima with Kinship as well. And then shout out to old Scoorganics if you're looking for some of the throwback strains or some new age trains as well too, and they are one hundred percent organics. You can't can't miss that. And again shout out to our newest partner, Lost Coast Plant Therapy, UH for supporting us. You're looking for a new I p M spray to get rid of your pasticides and be all organic, one hundred percent organic, check out Lost Coast Plant Therapy and we'll be giving you a code here. It's coming up soon too. So and as always.
Speaker 3: No no whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. That was like instinct. We're about to do a dab time. Yeah cheers all right, yeah, who's not warmed up yet, but it's it's about to warm.
Speaker 2: Up, all right.
Speaker 3: It's like we're mocking like cheers ing, did you hear yours there, Okay, there we go. He's no, he's dab time. That's actually he should just rolled into it, all right. Yeah, this is good. I like this carter looks like it rips. Oh it does, Oh it does. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you're a dabbing smoking let us know what you're doing on the comments. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We do these every like fifteen to twenty minutes on the wake up bates nine a m. And it's fun to just take a dab with everyone, and people from all over. We took a dab with there, well I think he got this guy got plug got tapped. But we were with someone in the Philippines this weekend. It's a lot of fun, people tapping from all over coming.
Speaker 2: Up or if you just come in the chance, say dab time, croove, you'll do a dab. So is that your fifteen minutes?
Speaker 3: That's honestly kind of fucking true.
Speaker 2: The last two times it's been three and two minutes in. I didn't think we could beat it with three, but honestly we got one.
Speaker 3: I like, dads, what do you want?
Speaker 2: Sorry, so tune in and check it out.
Speaker 3: I'm really this was really fun. This was fun. I'm glad we got a little deep and shit on this podcast. I mean I was gonna get into like the what we feel on the future Cannaves. But that's why you joined the team. That's what we're gonna be talking about. Like, stay tuned, We're gonna have more episodes. We're we talking more shit. I mean, anything else you want to ask or anything you wants want to shout out anyone, like say before we dap out here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anythink Summer? Anything you want to mention?
Speaker 3: Anything else? Do I say? I don't know. I was just thinking, like I feel like that was kind. I just wanted to talk a little bit about our origin stories. I guess is what we're gonna call this. I like your origin story, so I don't.
Speaker 2: Actually leave it.
Speaker 4: Well, shout out to Dave and Groovy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out Summer. Oh yeah, let's do. And honestly, where where can they find you? Summer? Where can everyone find you if they want to find you on those socials?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I am on Instagram at summer on Underscore sky with four wives.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go by me.
Speaker 2: Canadave just Cannadave anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Canadava anywhere. My canon cast everywhere. Am I canon cast for us to podcast Summer all of us. You'll see all of our other stuff there. Groovy music two. We's know why if you're into like E. D. M and Sacks and now I'm playing the guitar, so come check me out. Appreciate that. Yeah, and this is gonna be super fun for us because I've been excited for this moment. We get to add Summer to the outro, So here we go. And as always we're here to add a.
Speaker 2: Educate, and inspire the next time.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 4: Peace.
Speaker 2: That went really well