Speaker 1: Bass dropped. I think, hang on, there we go bass is dropped here for SDH and you know, I am learning as we go here. When it comes to our new software, you know, you sit there and you look at something and you're kind of like, okay, this is cool, this will work, this and this kind of works. That's great. You know, Okay, you hit a button. Something happened. I actually got the countdown clock to work this morning. So you know, it's like small things. So Hi, John, hear you there. It's a Friday, and what we want to do today since things are a little weird with the calendar. We had New Year's even New Year's Day like on a Wednesday, so all of our sleep schedules and all of our work schedules are messed up. And so it was one of those things where it's like, okay, so what do we do when it comes to year enders and getting you ready for twenty twenty five? And so I just kind of decided to push it to the end of the week. So this is the end of the week. So today, in addition to all the news that's going on, and there's some transfers and things and new franchises and new leagues and things. I reached out to as many friends as I could think of, and I wanted to bring them all in to talk about twenty twenty four and to talk about twenty twenty five. And let's see how clairvoyant people are. And so we're gonna be drifting in and out of conversations and things like that as we go here this morning, so wasting no time. Someone who has mastered restream a lot faster than I have. It's our buddy, Matt Webb, the Marshall Island Soccer Federation. Good morning or actually sorry, good afternoon, Matt. J're in Lucky and Joe thanks having me as always. Oh, it's great, great to see my friend Matt. For those that may not know, official title Director of Marketing and Sponsorship for the Marshall Island Soccer Federation. And it's been really cool for us to be a part of this walk with you and with Technical Director Lloyd Hours and all of our friends there at the Marshall Island Soccer Federation. And you are wearing you are wearing the new, the new twenty thirty, the no Home Home jersey. I have mine. It is in the wash and I'm trying to be gentle about it, and that was why I'm not wearing it this morning, is because it is getting ready to be worn consistently and displayed and shown. When I talk to you about twenty twenty four and how big of a year it has been on multiple rants there for the Marshall Island Soccer Federation, what has it been like to look back at twenty twenty four and go, damn, we did a lot this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think collectively over the past few weeks, in the past month, we have been doing exactly that. I don't want to say we've been giving ourselves a pat on the back, but we've definitely been really thankful for kind of what we've achieved and actually a little bit in awe as well. I can't remember exactly obviously last time it was we spoke, but I think we outlaid some quite like modest outcomes that we wanted to her. We hosted our foot Stale tournament. In the end, yeah, I mean what we kind of achieved something about Footstale tourment back in July, the women's national team camp in February. Even further back, which feels like more than a couple of years ago, now.
Speaker 2: Less than a year.
Speaker 3: And then some of the smaller stuff. I mean that's quite like showcase stuff. Hosting and playing international fixtures sounds great. Actually fundamentally some of the grassroots activities, so we've hosted kind of grassroots special Olympics partnerships, so getting disabled players playing in Madro. We've kind of gone outside of the main island in the Martial Arts for the first time and started to reach out to islands and running weekly sessions there and also doing kind of fundamental stuff in Arkansas as well for the Marshal's community. So some of that will go under the radar, but it's equally important to the headline stuff. So yeah, I don't think I'm trying to wrap my brain from when we spoke last, and like some of the objectives we outlined, we probably more than surpassed that. And obviously it's not just myself on this project even I'm just talking to you. Obviously, Lloyd and Justin and some other team of volunteers both in the US and in the Martial Arms have been, yeah, really working hard.
Speaker 1: And we get the chance to catch up with Katie and find out what it's like for her to be a part of building things on the women's side as well, and it's I don't think we can express just how important it is to grow the game on multiple fronts, and you guys are are doing it with just a lot, a lot of a lot of elbow grease. It's a it's a couple of folks doing a lot of hard work and having it rub off and rub off and rub off. I mean, when you look back, how many days this year were you interested or involved specifically in doing something attached to the Marshall Island Soccer Federation.
Speaker 3: I think i'd probably say, in some way shape or form three hundred and sixty five. I don't know if it's a leapier or not, but yeah, yeah, it's a conservative estimate.
Speaker 1: How many how many days were you actually there in the in the chain in the Island show.
Speaker 3: So I've only been there myself on one visit and I think that total maybe fourteen days, if that may be a little bit less. I mean another is one of those where we were there, but we've felt like we were working on stop. So obviously it's hugely enjoyable, so not ensuring anyway, but time went very very quickly. But I've only set foot on the Marshall was in one instance. Lloyd has been there a couple of times and he'll be going back again in February.
Speaker 1: What about what's going on here in the United States? Obviously with the Four Corners, we've made a point to impress upon folks what's going on in Arkansas and Oklahoma with the Marshallese population that's there. There was some work that was done in the Upper Midwest up in Minnesota with some work there as well. What about what you guys have been able to do here in the United States itself?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the ultimate objective of the Federation is an organization for marshal Lease people wherever they are in the world, bevat the islands. Obviously, with every passing day, more people migrate to the US, so the work we do there becomes more and more important. So as you mentioned, yeah, we were up in Minnesota in Yatqua in July. We want to do a lot more in the US this coming year, so BEVAP running kind of weekly sessions for the marsh Lease population. It'll probably start in Springdale. If we can extend out into other kind of population hotspots around the country, that'd be great as well, but yeah, that's a definite goal for this year.
Speaker 1: You mentioned goals for twenty twenty five. What else is on the dry Ey sport for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: You have got some real big picture stuff. I'll maybe allude to that in a set. I don't know how feasible that is, but actually fundamentally so I mentioned Lloyd's going back to the islands in February. So we're doing an inter island foot stale competition. So as you know, foot sale has been huge for us, that kind of five e five small space, less people, cheaper costs as well, So we're going to do a Magiro versus as Quadline and eBay which of a kind of two secondary islands. So we'll be having a mini inter round and competition, which again is a huge land like milestone for us as well. So we've got that to look forward to. The question people keep asking us is when's your first eleven v eleven game going to be? I think we'd love to say that's going to be this year. So we're gonna see how feasible that is. Obviously you only get one first time, so yeah, we'll see what we can do with that and whether it is feasible for this year. But I know that's a question people keep asking of us, and probably going to be the biggest opportunity we have.
Speaker 1: Does it seem like just yesterday that you and Lloyd and everybody had picked up this project or does it actually seem like it's been you know, it's been a couple of years. Does it seem like it was yesterday or does it seem like it was a couple of years ago?
Speaker 3: A little bit of both, to be honest, Because you're involved in every single day, we don't really kind of switch off from a project. So with that, you don't tend to kind of really often look around and realize how far you've come. And then recent more recently we have taken stop and go wow, like can you believe two years ago that absolutely zero is in place? So we've only kind of recently just begun to look back and go, Wow, what has been achieved?
Speaker 1: How can folks continue to help? What are some of the best ways folks can continue to help to build what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I should probably plant and say everything we've done so far wouldn't have been possible without the kind of crowdfunding the support for people and especially yourself, John as well. Obviously you've helped us with merchandise we've got out there, so first and foremost, because we're not part of FIFA, we don't receive any external funding, so everything we do is through donations through merchandise sales such as the first jersey and hopefully this one too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also.
Speaker 3: Kind of yeah, any even just if people can't donate in a monetary way or support us, just sharing our story helps as well.
Speaker 1: We're always going to.
Speaker 3: Look out for get more people following us, engaged and learning about the Marsh Islands.
Speaker 1: All right, so how was how was New Year's would you do? Was it quiet? Did you actually you know, take some time to yourself and sit there and then go, man, I'm going to take a breath or was it just pretty much putting the pedal down in the car and there is no rest for folks like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no rest, to be honest, I mean it was already martial Lines are one of the first countries to see in twenty twenty five, so off to a head start, so yeah, we need to use that advantage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, absolutely true. So Matt as always great to see my friend on the two hundred and eighty character app this it is world wide, but the but the e and worldwide is a three, so it is world wid three web and that's where Matt is. And then obviously with misf and everything there with the Marshall Island Soccer Federation. Great to see, my friend. I'm glad we could catch up here as we start twenty twenty five and can't wait to see things continue to grow and evolve there with the Marshall Islands. And we want everybody. We want everybody to wear the gear, we want everybody to have the scarves, we want everybody to wear the bucket hats, all the stuff. So that way we can show support for a greater story and a larger story that is far more important than a lot of folks may realize. Matt is always great to see, my friend. Pass along our best to Lloyd and Justin and everybody will catch up with you soon.
Speaker 3: See thanks having me Joon.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's Matt and Matt is. Matt puts up with us a lot, guarantee it. Matt puts up with us like you would not believe. And the fact that we were able to grab the comet by the tail that is the Marshall Island Soccer Federation and what's going on there. It's great to catch up with excuse me, great to catch up with Matt for a couple of minutes because Matt was overseas as we are Matt. Matt was over in at the home base in England, and so it was great to catch up with Matt and find out what's going on there and see what's going on with the Marshall Island Soccer Federation. So if you have not purchased the gear, purchased the gear bottom line because it tells a greater story. And if you have not had the chance to be a part of what the Marshall Islands or even read up on what's going on with the Marshall Islands, it's really it's been an education for us. It has been very it's been you know, it's been fulfilling to be able to continue to tell the story because it is about more than just soccer and more than just the growth of the game. And so to be able to let everybody know what's what's going on there in the Marshall Islands and find out what needs to continue there. It's about global warming, it's about the environment, it's about not having a you know, about wanting to grow the game of soccer through footsol and education and all these different aspects of what's going on there in the Marshall Islands. But the fact that we've been able to help in our very small way to tell the story of the last nation here on this planet to try and have a national soccer program. And I would recommend following Matt, following Lloyd hours following the soccer fed soccer fed am I I believe is what it is on the two hundred and eighty character app and continue to learn about their story, to continue to see what's going on there in the Marshall Islands. And yeah, and they with Player Layer, they've done great work. And the fact that you saw Matt bust out the new twenty thirty Jersey, the no Home Home Jersey, and that's because if things continue environmentally, there may not be a Marshall Islands to go home too. So it was very very it was eye opening for us and those of us who have political science backgrounds kind of kind of know what's going on, but for us to be able to tell that story, to continue to tell the story in our very small way, be a part of what's going on, and grow the game there and grow the story from there. It's just been very, very cool. So once again thanks to Matt for dropping by, especially bat and lead off this morning here on a Friday. What I wanted to do today. Obviously, this is where you guys come in as a part, because you know, drifting in and out, and we're gonna have guests. They won't be here for their full time, they won't be here for the full time slots and everything, but I just kind of wanted to catch up with all of our friends and see what's going on. If they want to hang out for the entire time, they can, But I wanted to see if many folks could come by just to kind of share their stories for twenty twenty four, what their highlights are, and what they're looking forward to for twenty twenty five. So Twitch Pitch, I come to you, what were some of your top stories and top top things that you've got to be a part of in twenty twenty four? What are you looking forward to the most in twenty twenty five, And we'll drift those thoughts in as well, because, like I said, there is news to talk about this morning. There's big news out of the nwso there's more transfer news out of Major League Soccer and transfer reports out of Major League Soccer, where we were discussing individuals possibly coming back into Major League Soccer from different clubs where they were in the past, and folks who have exited Major League Soccer and are going to go play overseas. Young talent that we've seen here on the SDH Network as a matter of fact, heading out to Europe to apply their wares and continue to gain experience. So what I wanted to do today, in addition to drifting the news in and out, top ideas and top stories and top stuff that you guys were a part of in twenty twenty four. Then it doesn't have to be just specifically tied to your favorite club. What were some of your top stories in twenty twenty four. What were some of the top things that you followed in twenty twenty four. What are you looking forward to story wise in twenty twenty five. What plots are you looking forward to seeing evolve in twenty twenty five? And, like I said, since the end of the year was not at the end of a week. We came back on Thursday, and so I wanted to kind of apply it to Friday. So that's where we are here when it comes to all the things and all the stuff. So that's where we are. So I wanted to I wanted to catch up with all of you guys and let you know what's going on here. So I broke up my San Marino jersey this morning San Marino, or my sweatshirt this morning. San Marino obviously one of the top stories in Europe because they won games for the first time in decades, and they are only a couple of wins away from being a part of the World Cup in twenty twenty six. Here in this hemisphere, I know they're in Group F, but still the fact that they won matches for the first time in twenty years. They were the worst ranked team in FIFA, but no longer the least they shouldn't be after knocking off Moldova and being able to catch up with press officers in Moldova and in San Marino after big wins, those kinds of things. So what are your top stories from twenty four What are you looking forward to in twenty five? That's what I'm hunting for from you guys this morning as all the guests drift in and out, and all the news that we have drifts in and out as well. So morning Pars, Morning Tom, Morning Alex. And so that's once again storylines and stuff that's on your mind this morning. Here we go, all right, so this morning in dealing with all of the stuff that's going on, so I want to let everybody know what's going on. There were a couple of things and Tom Bogert, by the way, Tom Bogert and Ben Jacobs, that's what I was trying to think of. Ben Jacobs have been very very busy this morning when it comes to all of the storylines that are going on overseas. So just to kind of give you an idea as to what's going on, let's see. So and this is kind of European based. Ipswich do not wish to sell Liam to Lap in January, but the twenty one year old striker's drawing interest for twenty five the Lap firmly on Chelsea's radar. Manchester ut at another club to watch City do have a buyback, but have yet to seriously discuss triggering it. Ruben Amerin confirms Marcus Rashford likely to miss the Liverpool game through sickness. He is ill and not in training. I think he's going to be out. Omrim also confirms a long term contract extension for Ama Diallo is near. The one year option on Harry McGuire contract will be triggered. Nzo Maresca confirms that Aaron Enselmino will be assessed before decision taken on a potential loan heading to Cobbham to train with Chelsea from January. Chelsea always planned to bring an Ensolmino back to in January to assess him another loan within Europe as possible. Also confirms at Wesley Fofana could miss the rest of the season. Quote. Unfortunately, he could be out for the entire season. We don't know exactly yet, but it's a huge loss. Serious hamstring injury for Fofauna hasn't undergone surgery to date, but he could miss much or all of the season. So on the board this morning. Ignacio on Aguilo on Rubina Marine quote, Manchester United one of the biggest jobs in the world. He's a very brave manager and loves a good challenge. He's up for it. Things are going to take time, but he's super excited. We're very confident Ruben's going to show what he's got. Luis Enrique wants more of a central attacker in January, Jacob says keeping on possible profiles like Christopher and Kunku. If he asks to leave Chelsea, then Marcus Rashford and Rique would prefer a profile like in Cuckou than Rashford. Celtic exploring a loan move in January for Kieran Tierney that will likely lead to a permanent move in the summer. Also, once again there is some substance to Napolese interest in Marcus Rashford. Manchester United still waiting for concrete approach. Is also unclear whether United might make a wage contribution if alone is sanctioned. Rashford has already said no to Saudi Arabia and Ashley Barnes has rejoined the club has rejoined Burnley from Norwich City News out of the NWSL and we have to get into this. Yesterday it came clear that the new sixteenth team in the NWSL is going to be Denver Ebanovie Williams was the one who broke this over at Sportico Denver has secured the sixteenth franchise an expansion fee of one hundred and ten million dollars, according to multiple people familiar with the matter. Backers of the Denver bid, principally I am A Financial Group CEO Robert Cohen, submitted their first payment to the league on Tuesday, said the folks that were in touch with Novie Williams granted anonymity because the details are private. I guess they're not private anymore. The one hundred and ten million dollar expansion fee more than double the previous NWSL record for new teams. That is also the biggest expansion fee ever paid in US women's sports. In addition to the top line price, the timeline of payments upfront versus over a longer period it's often a critical piece expansion negotiations. Unclear exactly how much was paid this week. NWSL declined to comment. Cohen didn't immediately respond to a phone call in an email seeking comment, and representative for Inner Circle Sports didn't immediately return a phone call either. Sportico previously reported Denver was in exclusive talks with the league, but the NWSL has yet too publicly comment. The group will likely commit to spending a certain amount of dollars launching. Sixth Street owned BAFC pledged one hundred and twenty five million commitment at launch, which included a fifty three million dollar expansion fee. So you have the timeline being what it is for Boston and Denver. We'll get into Boston in just a second. Denver's NWSL bid led by Cohen, who is supplying a significant portion of the financing and would be the team's controlling owner. Former Obama administration official Ben Hubbard, who is the CEO of Denver based insurance company Parcel, Sports business executive Tom Dunmore CEO Nicole Glaros, and former NWSL player and currently gamealist Jordan Angeli are also part of the group. Other investors still coming on board. Group has said it plans to build its own soccer specific stadium, but will play in a temporary venue until that is ready. What temporary means we don't know. Are they building something modular or are they going to play in someplace like Commerce City and pay rent to Kronky Sports and Entertainment and play out at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. We don't know. But the wording by Novi Williams and Sportico playing in a temporary venue. Don't know. Once again, if temporary means they're doing something themselves. They're gonna play at the University at Denver, They're gonna play someplace like that, or they're going to play in Commerce city, don't know. Denver was one of the three finalists, alongside groups from Cleveland and Cincinnati. Remember Cleveland Soccer Group and Cincinnati and FC Cincinnati were the two groups that were tip to those particular cities. Rest of the expansion fee will be paid in sections. According to Sportico, NWSL added two teams this past year, Utah and BAFC. The Boston based club, like I said, we'll get into that in just a second, we'll join the league in twenty twenty six, agreed to pay the same fifty three million dollar expansion fee as BAFC. Utah had previously an NWSL franchise and owned an expansion option. Angel City, San Diego and Utah each paid the two million dollars ISSH to get into the league. In twenty twenty twenty one and twenty two, Bay and Boston paid fifty three denvers, paying one ten recent WNBA expansion teams in Toronto and the Bay Area agreed to pay fifty million, with the group in Portland paying a slightly higher fee. The value of NWSL teams has grown in recent years, recent sales valuing Angel City at two hundred and fifty million remember that was the Bob Eiger Willow Bay purchase, and San Diego Wave at one hundred and thirteen million. The average club is worth one hundred and four According to Sportico's September team valuations up fifty seven percent from the prior year. So looking at the valuation rankings, once again, Angel City top valuation at two hundred and fifty million on revenue of thirty five point four thirty nine percent increase year to year. Kansas City current coming online as an expansion team, their valuation was second at one point eighty two on even more revenue just over thirty six million one year valuation change of plus one hundred and forty one percent. San Diego Wave up forty seven percent in value up to one thirty two in valuation on revenue of just under twenty four million. Bay at one twenty one had revenue of twenty two million. Remember when they had their franchise opener, They were out the door. You could not get a seat, something that was I'm sure looked at by San Jose earthquakes and going. Man, I wish we could figure out how to do that. Hopefully Bruce Arena will have those lines reinstated. When it comes to fans, you've also got to win games. Washington Spirit right now number five invaluation at ninety five million on revenue just under twelve. Their increase valuation is seventy four percent. Portland Thorns at ninety two, Courage at ninety one, Gotham at eighty, Rein at seventy eight, Houston at seventy four. Houston, by the way, named Patris ga Trow, their new head coach. Racing Louisville at seventy three million valuation, Utah at seventy, Orlando at sixty eight, in Chicago Stars at fifty three million. Everyone's valuation is up at least a third, except for the expansion teams. And that is because once again, you've only you've been in business less than twelve months. You don't have a year to year value change. Spirit up seventy four percent, Thorns up forty, Courage up seventy five, got them up two thirds, Seattle ran up fifty nine percent, Houston forty six, Racing Louisville fifty four, Orlando fifty two. Red Stars then Stars now the least increase in value change year to year thirty four percent on revenue of six and a half million dollars. Think about Chicago's they've got to figure out their venue, they've got to stay in their venue, and they've got to get butts in seats. But the mere fact that in the NWSL, the fourteenth club has a valuation of fifty three million dollars on revenue of six and a half everyone's value increased by at least a third year to year TV deal has a lot to do with that. Now it's up to the NWSL to continue to invest in players, invest in talent, invest in long term growth. And you'll have Boston and Denver as your sixteenth, fifteenth and sixteenth franchises coming into the league. So it will be interesting once again to see how the league continues to grow. Now, we were discussing what was going on with Boss Nation. Yeah, they haven't changed it yet. From our friends at the Blazing Musket and Jackie Contrera's they provided an update. Boss Nation did after collecting fan feedback over the past month. The team requested the public's opinion after receiving criticism over its rollout campaign, and has since held meetings with supporters, athletes, advocacy organizations, and other committee community members. This is one of the stories of twenty twenty four, but for not the right reason commentary taken into account as the club builds their identity. They've also arranged a listening session with Boston and New England women's professional teams in an effort to develop collaboration within the community. You'll remember the too Many Balls campaign and fans continuing to push for a name change. Boss Nation lacked creativity, according to fans, reminded them of bro culture. Others said the name is not meaningful and doesn't reflect women's sports or Boston's history or diversity. One comment said quote, a professional women's soccer team should have have a name that celebrates women and reflects their values, not something that panders to man or feels disconnected from the sport. Many of the responses express disappointment combined with a desire to support the club and urge the team to reconsider the branding. Inclusivity, boldness, and integrity were among the values fans believe the teams should Embody supporters also emphasize the importance of transparency and more community involvement as the Boss Nation identity develops, how not to launch a brand? Boss Nation one of the stories of twenty twenty four, So we'll see how they rebound in twenty twenty five. Speaking of twenty twenty five, Tom is in. He says, man, I really don't want Mickey going to Charlotte. Don't understand folks saying they'd be happy for him. Right now the number that is being attached is still in that sixteen million range, and it is you know, is it going to continue to slide? According to PA Sport, Charlotte, still hopeful of striking a deal, was a target during the summer. Seven of his ten appearances this season have come from the bench as he has slipped down the pecking order for Eddie Howe. Reports from the States have suggested a deal has been agreed, with Charlotte's assistant manager Christian Fuchs confirming an interest. However, the PA News Agency understands that while initial talks have been held, no agreement is yet in place. Remember that Newcastle paid twenty one million pounds back in twenty nineteen for the switch for Mickey to go from Atlanta to Newcastle. He's also been linked to Santos, both the Fogo and Olympiacos. So is this sixteen million? Is it just a number? Is it going to continue to move? And where does Migi want to go? Does Miggi want to come back to the United States? Botafogo would give him a chance at chasing after a title. It would be pairing him. He would continue to follow the Eagle Holdings track involving Thiagu Almada. Almada goes to Eagle Holdings, goes to Botafogo and then goes to Leon, which is right now where the track is. Does Migi find a way back into the Premier League at Crystal Palace if John Texter continues to own Palace at that point, or does Miggi go both the Fogo and then league uh Santo's Botafogo Olympiacos. Eddie Howe is indicated the club are unlikely to be busy during the winter transfer Windo as they try to make sure that they can get things done in the summer. Sales of fringe players, according to PA Media, would ease the pressure to comply with profit and sustain ability rules and perhaps create a measure of flexibility should the right deal be available to strengthen the squad. So Tom's follow up, if what if Miggy says no, would only come back here to Charlotte, lose his rights, wants an offer is made? No, I mean it's right now, I mean he is, he is. Are you saying, Tom, let me ask you this, Tom. Are you saying that Charlotte agrees the deal is signed, then Miggi says no? Or are you just saying Miggy says no, I don't want to go to Charlotte. Newcastle has to do something else and he just sits on the bench. What do you what's your what's your order of thought pattern here? When it comes to uh, when it comes to Miguel Almeron, what do you? I mean, Miggy could say no, then then Meggi just sits, Charlotte doesn't spend any money and it ends up being just what it is. So are you saying that what if Miggy? What if Newcastle agrees with Charlotte and MIGGI says no? Or are you just saying what if Miggy says no. If Miggy says no, then he just sits. If Charlotte and Newcastle agree and Migi says no, then Miggi's not going anywhere. Charlotte's not spending any money, and Miggy says it's just one extra step. I would think in this whole process, I think it's more likely that Miggi ends up going to both the Fogo or Olympiacos, because I think they would be the Ones or Santo's Santo's both the Fogo Olympiacos. I think those international clubs. I think those international clubs are more likely because once again, you are early in a window. You're early in a window so well, and the main question is Charlotte retaining the rights. Tom's question is I mean, first off, he'd have to be purchased, but if Miggy doesn't want to go, it doesn't benefit Charlotte and it doesn't benefit Newcastle if Miggy just sits, So if he doesn't want to go, he's like, no, I'm not interested, then my guess is the deal becomes null and void. He goes back to Newcastle and he goes back to sitting and Newcastle goes back to the drawing board when it comes to finding a dance partner. Can they can Charlotte block him? I assume Charlotte is the day. Can can Charlotte block him from coming back here except to them in perpetuity? I could? I would imagine no, because then you get into restraint of trade and things like that. I mean, if you can go to the court of arbitration for sport. But the thing is, if Charlotte and Newcastle were to agree, then, like I said, this is just me extrapolating all of this information. If Charlotte and Newcastle were to agree to terms and Miggie says, I'm not going I'm not interested. First off, the agent for Miggy would have to negotiate with Charlotte for personal terms. So it would be the teams talk, okay, Charlotte. Charlotte says, okay, we'll give Newcastle, We'll give you sixteen million dollars pounds or whatever. Then the player would have to agree to personal terms. And remember this was the stumbling block the first time that Charlotte and mcggy's agent did not agree to personal terms and that's why the deal fell apart. So if it even gets to that point again. And this is what this is what gets you know, this is what gets to me. Here is the idea of okay, well, if you didn't like going the first time, then what would change your mind in the second term? If you if you if you were mad and didn't want to go in the first place, what's gonna change your mind? More money? I mean, what what's gonna What's gonna change your mind the second time you get more money? Is is that? Was that what the ultimate stumbling block is for the the agent and for Miggy to come to and for Miggy to go to Charlotte. So team agree. Next stage, agent and team discuss personal terms. So it would have to be an improvement in the personal terms from the first time that this deal was having its tires kicked. And then if you don't agree, then there is no deal. So it's not I don't think it's a thing with blocking Migey or anything. He's still Newcastle's, He's still Newcastles. So to me, I don't know if Charlotte has the the financial wherewithal to do something like this. So here's here's the let me get a salary totals roster summaries U twenty two's right now, they only have Nikola Petkovich as at U twenty two and Schwaderski as a DP, and they're looking to get rid of Schwaderski. Swaderski wants to go back to Europe. So you have six that are twenty twenty five non actives, you have eight that are supplementals, and you have Abada as a young DP, Schwaderski as a DP, You've got Westwood, urinin Kalina as Tams Brandon Cambridge as a homegrown. Petkovich is a U twenty two. That doesn't sound like a whole lot of money is being spent. So let's go to the MLS player's website and just look at the Charlotte figures. Bart by the way, feels like Charlotte's just doing it to get a dig at Atlanta. Remember's resolution about them. Stop worrying about Atlanta, worry about you, So salary guide Charlotte. So let's go to the MLSPA. Let's go to the MLSPA website and check and see what was being spent on Charlotte players. And this is and all I'm doing because you know that this is going to be stuff that's going to be more than seven figures. Like I said, let's walk down this road. But what if Mickey says he'd only come back to us in Major League Soccer? Obviously, yes, correct, Then Atlanta would have to agree to a deal with Newcastle, and then Atlanta would have to agree to a deal with Mickey's agent, same process. Charlotte had almost two and a half million spent total on Leaola Bada pet bl had two point two north of that spent, and they're looking to see if they can bring bl back. Then Schwiderski at two and a quarter two point two five eight, and that's it. You had three players north of two million dollars. Everybody else is under seven figures last year according to the MLSPA. That doesn't sound to me at face value like a club that will be spending a whole lot of money. They're gonna want to bring bel back if they can try to get him in that two million range. I would imagine Schwiderski, is he gonna be here? Is he not? At the end of the day, it's gonna come down to Zorn Karnetta, David Tepper and the desire to spend money I don't think that Charlotte unless there's unless they're breaking the bank in a way that we don't know. I don't know if Charlotte can match what Miggy's agent wants to have Miggy paid to come back to Major League Soccer. I just don't. I mean, I'm thinking out loud here as a part of this, but there are a lot of other teams spending a lot more money that might be interested in a player like a Miguel Almron. But the three players that you spent money on Schwederski looking to go back Biel not under contract, and who is my third leel Abada? Three players making north of one million dollars, everybody else making less than a million bucks, and those three are from two to two and a half. Eh, I don't see it. I still think that both the Fogo and Santos and Olympiakos, I think that the the international angle and all of this, that's to me what makes more sense, because those teams are going to want to drop more than the anticipated sixteen million. I think if it gets to twenty somewhere in there, don't be surprised if an Olympiakos wants to make this kind of a deal, because then what it does if if I remember correctly, I think that's what I thought. Evangelinas Marinacus owns Olympiacos, so that would give Miggie an end to come back into the Premier League with possibly more of a an active role at Nottingham Forest. So, like I said, if you look at it this way, with Almroon and Botafogo, that's Eagle Holdings. If you look at al Maroon and Olympiacos, that's Evangelinas Marinacus. So those are ways to get back into the Premier League. Currently getting more minutes elsewhere, getting back into a playing rhythm and a playing rouge, and then getting back into the Premier League. Well, like I said, I'm looking more at the Santos Botafogo Olympiacos angle than I am the Major League Soccer angle when it comes to Miguel Almo. Speaking of former Atlanta United players, it appears Brandon Vasquez is getting closer and closer and closer to returning to Major League Soccer very very quickly. It has to do with the uh folks of Austin FC. So Austin FC would be the possible new place for Brandon Vasquez to come back in and keep an eye on that. And Austin FC has been a very very busy in the off season. Remember they picked up Eli A Sanchez and it was, uh, you're seeing a bit of a rebuild with with you know, new front office, new coaches, this kind of a thing. Although uh Niko Estevez is still intriguing as ah as a thought for a new head coach. So you're you're senior roster right now in Austin Bukari, Desler, Dreusi club option for twenty six. Gallaher Brendan, heinzeit Zan, Colemanic, Jeter, Obrion, Diego, Rubio, Brad Steuver, Savatok, Weissonan Micah, Burton, far Carlin, Dominion, Loss Bureau, Cosconte Cleveland, uh Daniel, Daniel, heel ili A and Owen Woolf. Your dp's Buchari and Dreusi, Colemanic jesu U twenty two. So there's some there's some wiggle room in there and we'll see what we'll see what we're staring at. O. G. Don't see Miggi coming back to MLS this soon. It would be like a step backward. Well and at the same time, O G what does MIGGI want at thirty? Does he want to continue? He wants I think from what we've been able to glean and what we've been able to read that Miggie has been wanting to prove his place at Newcastle. So what does Miggie want to do? Does Miggie want to stick it out at Newcastle? Does Migi want a new opportunity. Does Migi want a new opportunity to tie him continually to England? Does he want to uproot his family again go someplace else? Does he want to stay in England? What does he want to do? Myll indications he wants to try to stick it out at Newcastle and earn a spot. But obviously you get to a point to where I don't know if you know we're gonna let you earn your spot. So we'll see bark Keeler joining us at the top of the hour. So we can talk about twenty twenty four from a soccer for USPOD perspective and look at twenty five. Another move that happened yesterday announced officially by the revs es Mair Birek Terovitch, who is a certifiable pain in the butt byreck Terovitch. We got the chance to see him in MLS next pro and with a New England Revolution two and so he has been moved to PSB Eindhoven for the next stage of his career. I'm intrigued to see how well a bireck Terovitch does it Eindhoven. But you're continuing to see Kurdinolfo and Caleb Porter try to put their stamp on what they want New England to be. Four players have been moved from New England to San Jose because of Bruce Arena wanting them, and so now brek Terovitch has moved on, which is intriguing in and of itself because now senior roster for New England you've got twenty two players. You also have four dp's Campana, Shankolai, Carlos Heel and jakamov Rioni Chankalai coming off an injury. Leo Campana, I'm you know, obviously he is going to be one of the new focal points there in New England. But you've got some dping that you've got to You've got to figure out senior roster spots. Only eight boatanng Bay Campana, Chonkolai heel Ivachich Panayo two and Matt Polster. Four forwards, a keeper, two defenders and a midfielder. Supplemental spots to Peyton millerworld sands in, Santi Suarez, all defenders non active, No Buck Sabalos, Luis Diaz who was brought in, Andrew Ferrell, Mama du Fofanam, Malcolm Fry, Luca Langoni to Mario McIntosh, Rioni Jackson, Yule and Al has Son Yusuf So Langoni's you're you twenty two? You got some dps that you've got to sort out and uh I you know, New England for me is going to be one of the storylines of twenty twenty five England. Sir? What do you plan on doing with yourself? Sir? You've traded away I was about to say half, but you've traded away four players to San Jose in and of itself and you brought back in Jackson Nuwell, you no longer have one of your young stars in Esmir Birek Terovich. What are you gonna do? How are you? What are you formulating here in New England? What are you putting together what are you piecing together in New England? Just asking, Like I said, I'm just I'm just asking because I am intrigued to I'm intrigued. I am truly intrigued by New England and what we are looking at in twenty twenty five. See now, I'm still trying to figure out what damn year it is. I'm still trying to figure that out. I don't know if I don't know if that means that that I'm you know that I'm trying to figure things out still. By the way, CR thirty nine was had a sit down interview his contract I believe is running out. In Saudi Arabia, Christiano Ronaldo says, I'm happy, my family's happy, started a new life in this beautiful country. Life is good, football is good. Most important thing is to be professional, to push hard, respect the club, respect your contract and believe that things will change for Al Nasser to try to win more titles. The AFC Champions League is something I want to win for the club. But the most important is to keep pushing and be professional. I will continue to push and help Al Nasa to win titles. I believe that this year will be a good year for al Nasser. Okay, sure you go right ahead, sir, you go right ahead. Yeah, I am how do we say? I am not all that optimistic. I think he's in the last year of his contract and literally I'm like you, what have you done? Oh it's almost like it's almost like there's a lot of time I've conquered the Saudi Pro League. Sure you have you go right ahead, all right, gossip Ruber and inn window to get us into the weekend. Like I said, Bart Keeler coming in a couple of minutes, we can talk about things on a national team level and twenty twenty four and getting you ready for twenty twenty five. Once again, this is from the four Letter Paper. Rashford rejected three bids from clubs in the league that we neither condon't endorse, no or promote worth up to thirty five million pounds a year favors of moved to Barsa. Okay, all right, this is making my head hurt when you have players who say they favor moves to team X, yet Team X has financial issues that are worse then some dude. Now, this would be a conversation if Barcelona's if like Florentino Perez say, if somebody in the Barcelona front office called Dave Ramsey, what do you think that conversation would be like? Legitimately, what do you think that conversation would be like if Barcelona called Dave Ramsey, if Barcelona called doctor Laura and explained their situation. You know, Dave, I run a business, Doctor Laura, I run a business. And we have you know, okay, so how much what's your income? And you say, well, this, this, this, this and this, so all right, so what's wrong? Well, we're in debt because of this, this, this, this and this, and we have like a billion dollars in debt, and we've sold off half of our TV rights. We've sold off our TV studio. We put the Spotify logo on our jersey just so we could try to, uh, you know, get a big name attached to our stadium. We put the big name on the stadium as well. We put the logo on our jersey. So what's the problem. Well, we're broke, and a Marcus Rashford say, is interested in not playing for his current club, but he's interested in going to play for this team that is broken, that cannot afford him do people not knock on players' doors or like text them or what's appam or whatever folks do these days and explain the current situation to these players. So, Marcus Rashford, I get you want to play for Barcelona, but Barcelona called up Dave Ramsey, called up doctor Laura and said, we have a situation. We can't afford to pay our bills or we have to leverage everything so we can pay our bills. Do players around the planet not quite understand that this is an issue? You can't go to Barca because of X, Well, I want to go to Barcelona. Well, I want to win the damn Mega millions. That doesn't mean that I you know that if I don't, if I don't buy a ticket to the lottery or to the Mega millions, that's the first stage in me going well, I can't win either of those. Barcelona has to, like, oh, I don't know, be solvent first and foremost for something like this to happen. I'm just saying, if you can't pay your bills and you are a player on the world stage, do you not realize this, Marcus Rashford, Well, I want to go to Barcelona. They can't pay you unless they get rid of like eighteen players or something. They can't even have Danny Olmo under contract. And you want to go to Barcelona. What makes you think that you would be going to the front of the line in a situation like this, that all of the common sense that is attached to all this stuff will just be put by the wayside. We're gonna put common sense over here again, and we're gonna sign Marcus Rashford with what money while we'll come up with something. But you can't register Danny Omo right now, Marcus Rashford will I want to go to Barsa. That's not how this works. At least that's not how this should work. Dave Ramsey and doctor Laura would tell you to get over yourself and pay your bills. Barcelona is like the wimpy character from from Popeye. Oh, gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today? Yeah, well, well, gladly pay you if you take you know, if you give us money up front, we'll take care of the situation later. Does Marcus Rashford and his representation not quite understand? Are you not looking at the headlines? I know that you're an incredible footballer, and I know that your team right now is fourteenth in the Premier League. And I know that we talked about relegation the other day, which is not gonna happen because here there are teams in the Premier League that are worse than Manchester United. But does Marcus Rashford not realize that, sir? There's a problem here. Barcelona can't pay who they have currently, they can't register who they want currently. Marcus Rashford, Well, I want to go to Barcelona. That's not how this works. It's not how this works. I'm gonna put a bookmark in Marcus Rashford for a minute. Okay, it's after the top of the hour, so Bart's coming in. So Bart I was slightly, oh, what's the mug this morning?
Speaker 2: By the way, we got Arsenal on the this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, considering that I was yelling and randing about Marcus Rashford saying that he wants to go to Barcelona, and I was just anticipating the conversation that Barcelona would have with Dave Ramsey or with doctor Laura. Yeah, it's like, you know, what do you pay your bills? Well, no, the no, you can't sign Marcus Rashford, you cannot go to Barcelona.
Speaker 2: John, I think Barcla's gonna have to. This is gonna sound really bad and it's not my club, So apologies sending out there who this is, whose club this is? But maybe they're gonna need to, you know, for like a season or two. Except the fact that they need to control their spending.
Speaker 1: No, we can't have that, you know, No, sir, we can't control our spending. We can't even register Danny Omo right now, I know. And Marcus Rashford's like, well, I want to go to Barsa. No that's not how this works.
Speaker 2: No, No, they need they need help. They need help, John, You know, they need they need the advice of a certified financial planner, they need the advice of a certified public accountant. They need the side of the advice of name any venture capitalists in the United States, and they probably need their help.
Speaker 1: Oh oh god, oh, like I said, I just I was going through the headlines and all the GOSP promer and INUA and I saw that Marcus Rasher and he's not interested in going to this place, but he said, but he must go to Barsa. No, No, that's not how this works. Uh, Okay, sorry, I yield the bookmark there from twenty twenty four and this is what I wanted to do today was kind of since happy new year, by the way, muscletop.
Speaker 2: Welcome to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yes, and to new technology and to new places where we can do new things and you know, try to broadcast and crash systems that I'm trying to get adjusted to. From a twenty twenty four perspective, what are some of the stories and storylines that stuck with you at soccer for USPOD From a national team perspective and an international perspective involving US.
Speaker 2: Soccer, I think twenty twenty four was the year of the coaches in US soccer. We waited a long time to get Emma Hayes in and it paid off greatly. We saw her impact on both individual players and the team as a whole. And on the flip side, you had a year that was mired by a coach that probably shouldn't have been retained, certainly shouldn't have been rehired, and we saw what happens when you settle for not pushing forward, and unfortunately for the US men, that culminated and getting bounced getting grouped in Copa America. Now that said, it does bring in Mauricio Pochettino, who likely would not have been available the first time around when we were looking for a new coach for the twenty twenty six cycle. So now that we do get him, it's pretty exciting and fun. But yeah, I feel like the coaches kind of dominated the headlines for this year because, you know, a lot of the conversation was about them. Fortunately for the US women, Emma's arrival allowed the individual talent to shine and we saw a triple Espresso make a name for themselves a summer, probably a summer too late, probably a summer you know. You just think about what would have happened if you had a little bit better structure around this team heading into the twenty twenty three World Cup, and what they could have done. And that's something that I think I felt vindicated about when I look back at twenty twenty three. So we're going real back in time here, John, And the analysis that I had after the World Cup was we still got the talent. I watched these women play for their club, I watched them play on the national team, and they're still very talented. The problem was you weren't using the talented players the way that they should be used, and now you feel like you have a much better idea of the strengths and weaknesses of this team going into twenty twenty five and how they can possibly be fixed or supported even greater, specifically talking about that midfield and how you know a new one named Lily Johannes might help out. So that was kind of the fun final headline of twenty twenty four and I think is the for me, the story is going forward. It's the players for both the men's women's national teams and how they can truly shine under much better coaching.
Speaker 1: What about someone like an Alissannaire who, basically, in very Narian fashion to create an adjective, was just kind of like, you know, I'm out and it was just one of those things where you're like, oh, well that that fits. I mean, you know, she's very stealthy when it can when it comes to her presence, you sit there and I think that there there might even have been times where we took a listen there as a talent, for granted, because you always under she was going to be there. And then in Narian fashion, you know, team's overseas and she's like, you know what, I'm done, and it hits you like a sledgehammer. But once again, I think that's what a listen there did on the field, is it's like she's there and then she has her moments where she hits you with a sledgehammer and you're like, damn, this is what we got, and now it's damn, this is what we don't got. Going into twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five, yeah, it's gonna be again when you look at what I said about players going forward, the individuals, this is going to be one of those areas where a lot of individuals are gonna hopefully hopefully John They're going to have opportunities to x, you know, show us what they have, exhibit their talents and leadership. Because I don't think a listener ever got the true love she does until this past year, right. I think in twenty nineteen specifically, you kind of didn't know if you could trust her the way that we had trusted Hope Solo. And because you know, personalities, Hope Solo demanded attention, Yeah, demanded respect. I don't know if she was always due respect for certain things, but certainly on the field, she was. You know, she and Nadine Andre are arguably the two best women goalkeepers to ever do it, you know, and between the two of those they have three World Cups. And there's a reason, you know, I think a Lissenaire it took a while for her to convince the women's national team fan base that she truly is worthy of the discussion of greatest women's national team goalkeeper of all time. She has now equalled one of the former greats of Brown Scurry, who had a gold medal and a World Cup championship. She now has a gold medal and a World Cup championship, and she's been a part of the team for a long time. But I think a listener retiring is kind of what we've all been wanting. Is an official end, if you will, to a generation of greats that unfortunately just overstayed their welcome a little bit. And not Melyssa necessarily, but that generation as a whole, we saw a lot of them. In twenty twenty four, call it quits, Say hey, I'm tired, I want to praise a family. I want to have knees that work. In twenty years, they decided it was time for them to end it again, maybe a little too late, but they did, and some of them still continuing to play club ball, which is great. I think a listener is a great example for that, John, that we haven't seen a whole lot of in the women's national team and hopefully a new journey into the future of the women's national team not having to just be your job. It can be the thing that you do outside of your club realm. But yeah, it's when you look at twenty twenty five that is the biggest, most fun hopefully fun John, Hopefully fine position battle you're going to see on the one's national team is who's going to play goalkeeper? You know, and hopefully we don't have that on the men's side. Hopefully that might be a resolution is goalkeepers goal actually places goalkeeping for the men's national team. But you know, that'll be fun for the women's national team. And you look at twenty twenty five, is who's gonna seize that number one jersey?
Speaker 1: Soho, who are you looking at that should that should seize it? And is the should seizing going to be different from the individual that will see Well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't know, John, because I think if you were to say, the odds on favorite is Casey Murphy, who's kind of been seen as the heir apparent since the twenty twenty three cycle really started to get going. She played a lot under blat Co, which I do think is something that I hope Emma takes from Blackco, as he wasn't just playing a listenaire to play it like I mean Hope Solo. The reason that that transition that handover was so nerve wracking for fans is because Hope Solo played every minute of every game for the women's national team, a near played a couple a handful of friendlies. I think because you know, Solo is either getting married or like you know, had an injury of some sort. And so when you look at that transition, Casey Murphy comes into this with several many games under her belt. Now, the last one we saw her wasn't great. That goal against that she conceded against Iceland was a little sketchy, yeah, and certainly all on her. But she's the eyes on favorite. Now, there are tons of others. You've got Fallentellis Joyce, who I think made a smart move in the long run, maybe not in the short term, but in the long run of going to Manchester United. She's now they're number one over up in Northwest England. You've got, you know, from from NWSL. The problem that I have is there's a lot of actually really good goalkeepers. I've always advocated for Katie Lund. You saw Mandy Howt get some shouts at the end of the at the year. There are good goalkeepers in NWSL. Jane Campbell, the hometown girl probably in that discussion still is she's you know, she is always been seen as a third choice option in the past recent well recent history, So there are legitimate contenders. But I do think that right now the person in the driver's seat is still Casey Murphy. But she hasn't looked great for club or country over the past year, so she's got to figure that out on her own, all right.
Speaker 1: Since you mentioned, since you mentioned keeper, what other position groups are are and change slash flux going into twenty five after what we saw in twenty four.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the other one I talked about early was midfield, and I don't know, I don't necessarily know if it's a personnel issue as much as EMA needs to figure out exactly the balance of the midfield which does include some personnel, but I think the personnel we've seen, we know Rose level, Lindsay Horranner and insanely talented. How do they fit in. You've got Sam Coffee, You've got haw hirsch Felt, You've got corporate Albert, You've got Lily Johannes. You know, you've got some other young players in NWSL that you know you have two years to the World Cup. How do they progress? Claire Hutton from the youth national teams. Jalen Howell just got a new move that maybe can help her get on an actually competent soccer team for the first time in her young career. You know, you've got Jaden Shaw, who didn't have a great twenty twenty four, hopefully coming back into twenty twenty five can recapture that that brilliance. And then you got Corey Befoun, another one with some local ties, who got hurt at the end of the year. Phone the first pitch, John, I don't know how you do that, you know, and she has an injury recovery to deal with. What does she look like? She's John, She's still set the league. She still led the league and assists despite missing like three months.
Speaker 1: Of play after the war.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you no, two months, So there are a lot of to me, again, it's not necessarily names, but how you put those names together in the midfield, that's going to be the difficult thing for Emma to figure out because the back line to me, feels solid. Now there needs to be some fullback discussion. In the left back situation, I think it's Casey Krueger's, but we've talked about it. She's on the wrong side of thirty as well as you know Crystal Dunn, who no one's seen or heard of, and we're just assuming she's pregnant, and congratulations to her and her you know, it's probably good for her. We're not expecting Crystal back in the women's actual team picture anytime soon. So you got Casey Krueger, who I think can hold down the left back spot. You've got Emily Fox on the right side, and then obviously, you know center back is going to be a position battle John, but it's not a concern. You got Namy Germa, and then who who's who's a really good center back who's going to be next to Naomi? You know that's that's not a battle of like, oh my gosh, I was just going to work out. You know, it's going to be Davidson, it might be Emily Sam's you know, a lot of cook might come back into the midfield or the picture. Who you know. I think we feel comfortable the options. I mean, even Emily's Sonnet has proven herself pretty darn capable. You know, like there are names that you go, Okay, I feel comfortable enough because they're next to the greatest player of the sport that we currently have men's women's I don't care. Put her up there, she's the greatest right.
Speaker 1: Now, Naomi Gearma and whoever's playing next to Naimi Gearma.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: It's just that's how you fell out. That's how you fill out your lineup. Car It's like now mic Germma and you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, put Jarrett next to her. So you just have a tall body and there you go.
Speaker 1: You know, well, just make sure that Jarrett has two functioning cleats first and almost. I think that that's what we got to stare at there. I mentioned in our number one since we're on women's soccer, that it is going to be Denver that is going to be team number sixteen in the NWSL to the tune of one hundred and ten million, And I don't know, like I said, and this is from Ebanov Williams at Sportico. Don't know where they're playing. The word that he used was temporary, and that's nebulous to me because I don't know if that means modular temporary or if that means prairie dogs rabbit prairie dogs. In Commerce City, Colorado at Dixfording Goods Park, I imagine that's what it means, but it was nebulously worded. So Denver turns into number sixteen.
Speaker 2: My inference, John is a means stick sporting good park. But I think that ownership group unlike the ownership group that owns Colorado Rapids. Yeah, as I hold up my arsenal mug can't see, yes, you know, I think they didn't. They picked a cheap spot, not a good spot. Now, I will give them this. In last decade, as Denver has expanded and grown and tried to make itself a more legitimate place for people to move to, Commerce City seems like it's built up. When I was there last, I didn't go to Commerce City, but you know, you go on to stop by the train station and there are things there now, John, which is a grand improvement. Oh it's a shopping mall type of deal, but you know, it's not quite the battery. But the problem is that the park is still about a mile north of that, so it is a problem. But the positives are John, you have a group of owners with the money, right, yeah, in millions a lot. But more importantly, as we're seeing with the other expansion team, John, and I heard you talk about them, and they're I hate to call them stumbling blocks when you do it to yourself, but whatever you want to call it, stumbling blocks.
Speaker 1: It's literally like when when you're having a fight with your older brother and your older brothers are grabbing you and it's like, stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting.
Speaker 2: It's very they're all self inflicted there the New England State. But unlike them, they have soccer. Maybe not soccer, they have sports people in this group, and they have a soccer person and Jordan Angelie. You know, I don't know what her level of I'm hoping they use her as a knowledge source because obviously I don't know. No offense to Jordan. I don't think she has the capital to make an influence. But the fact that she's listed, Yeah, the fact that she's listed, she's putting obviously some money into it. I do hope that she is kind of the she gets some sort of actual position in soccering there, because the rest of the group looks pretty solid. And again they have a former sports executive there as well, So hopefully from that perspective, John Way more prepared to take the field in twenty twenty six and whatever that you've already blonded whatever the hell is going on up in Boston, because Boston Nation has done nothing but bad since they got it, And you know, I would just say, John, if I'm looking at them and you bought your franchise rights for fifty three million, sure, and someone else just bought a franchise for one hundred and ten million, why don't you sell it?
Speaker 1: I sell it?
Speaker 2: Cash in now, you're you're all venture capitalists. Cash in and take your money and go home. It's one hundred and seven percent increase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I went over the franchise valuation increases in the from year to year. Sporty code had also brought in and even for Chicago, go don't call us red Stars are on revenue in Bridgeview of six and a half million dollars, you still increased the value of your franchise by a third.
Speaker 2: Can I Can I get my hot take about Chicago?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Sure, Well this has been my hot take with the Chicago soccer ring for a while. Yes, bridge View is actually a decent stadium. I think the stadium itself is pretty dark.
Speaker 1: Not in dispute. Yeah, I think the.
Speaker 2: Stadium is fine. The location is absolutely horrendous, and we all agree. And this is someone who has been to that stadium multiple times. The only reason I was able to get to that stadium is because I have cousins who live in the area who can drive. You know, you can't get there without that as very turner Field esque, but turner Field was still closer to things. Yeah, I think Chicago needs to just lean into Bridgeview. Okay, for the time being, we don't know what's going to happen with Soldier Field. I think your hope is the city realizes that a thirty five ish thousand seat soccer stadium, maybe forty thousand, who knows, rectangular sports stadium, let's put it that way, is a legitimate use of public land for the future because I think it is very clear that Bears aren't going to stay there much longer for you know, they dropped the Spaceship on Soldier Field and now they want to leave. I hope that Chicago leans into Bridgeview just it's our home, this is where we are. Because if you do that and you give people the illusion, to give them the illusion of stability of permanence, I think more people are going to be willing to buy in now. You also, John, and this is where teams who rebrand always get it wrong. You then have to be good on the field. Yeah, and they had a decent season last year, made playoffs. How do you build on that with your new little logo that is terrible and you had a perfect logo and name before that.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah yeah, I mean fire to plate bridge View. And because you're not getting an mls next protein that's going to you know, be worthy of an attendance, worthy of paying the rent on the spaceship, which is an u I mean full disclosure the Boston I went up to Chicago, when was it two weeks ago, and to drive by that entire complex where it's the planetarium and it's the aquarium and it's the spaceship. You're going, that's just that's just ugly. Yeah, and you thought that was worthy of, you know, of putting a you know, keeping the facade and then building all the fancy stuff and creating what you've created there in that hub of activity on the lake front. And I mean there had been talk when USL Championship was going, it was debating going into the Chicago area, and it was going to be in the suburbs south of Kemiski Park where they were going to do something that was going to be I want to say twenty to twenty five, and it was going to be something manageable. And then that talk went away, and that franchise has not been discussed over the last handful of years. But to go bridge Views what an hour south west of downtown.
Speaker 2: So it is right, this is the conundrum bridge View. It's it's right close to Midway. Okay, so yeah, southwest of the city. Okay, it's still fully in Chicago like that that most people consider that Chicago.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like saying the cater is not Atlanta. It's sorry, it's Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you get that close to a public to you know, a large airport and you're not accessible via public transportation, you know. And John, I know you were there when they built Soldier Field, but yes, I was it. It is sad because you do have Soldier Field was one of the great stadiums I think of the country. Obviously it had to be modernized. We all understand that for a couple of reasons. But what they did to it was sacrilegious, you know. And I understand there are legitimate hurdles to that because Soldier Field is such an as literally an historic site. But yeah, the bridge, the stadium itself is fine. You can make it very cool. I mean from just saying from the person who was there when it opened, you are so close to the field. It is really cool. That is one of the things that it got absolutely bang on right. It has a very intimate setting. You know, there are ways that you could improve the around the stadium infrastructure with a little minor things. Bring in food trucks, bring in you know, a shipping container, merchandiser, stuff like that. You know, make it it'll still feel a little temporary, but make it a little bit better than what they do down in Miami and you'll be You'll be fine. Just find a way to commit to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, commit, damn you men's side. Obviously the big story was mercya Pochettino. But yeah, you got him. Now. It's like it's like when you's It's like the old Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon. It's like when you now that so wiley coyote finally caught the road runner. Now what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So what are you going to do now that you caught the road runner finally?
Speaker 2: Well, the biggest thing for Pach is you have and I mean this sincerely, March comes and of March you're doing this. You know, you got to play another CONCA calf tournament because CONCACAFF has to have a tournament every six months otherwise it apparently is can't operate. I don't know how this happens. Nice, You've got a chance to win your fourth Nations League title of the four times you've played it, John, we played this damn thing forty times since two thousand and one, Like, can we just stop? I like it in general. I'm sorry, this is gonna be a tangent. It's Friday.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you feel John, But like I don't think the Nation's League does any itself any favors when it's played every damn year. It just because it does lose some of the fun of allowing teams to build up to it. And I'm glad that from a cockatcap perspective, they've allowed the US and some other teams to not have to get seriously, you know, stuck in the quagmire of playing teams like Saint Kitts and Nevas, which doesn't really help the program grow outside of hosting a match that they can make money off of, and even then they barely sell those games out because no one cares. Right, I'm glad they've allowed us to use some of those early match windows as friendlies. But anyway, back to Pachettino, I win that, John, you have to because look, Burholter did it, Burhlter can do it. You got to be able to do it. You're lucky, a little bit lucky. Panama is still good. Not arguing that, but you play Panama in the semi final, then you played the winner of Canada Mexico. You know, I think playing Mexico with a full strength squad not in Mexico honoring one of their greatest players that ever played. I like your chances also, I like your chances against Canada because you know, run hard is not a tactic and you know, I think Jesse Marsh while he talked big game, uh, you know, I would I would like to see our team try to figure out a way to to beat that, and I think we can. Obviously, the last time we played, we had substitute teacher in charge, and that is a that is the biggest task for Plochettino.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The second one, John is obviously Gold Cup. These are two tournaments that I think again you have to win because you have to assert that you are the best team in this region. You lost that last summer. You can't be the worst performing team at Copoa America from this region and go, yeah, we're still on top. Maybe not the worst, but you know what I mean. And especially when you're looking at teams like Canada and Mexico, especially Canada, which you know they're pump in their chests about the semi final appearance. You know, despite scoring like two goals the whole damn tournament. It you have to assert your dominance. Now. I don't know if Gold Cup necessarily does that, because who knows how you're going to get players to be available, what players are going to be available, what level those players are. We are lucky enough that we have a great dearth of talent now, both domestically and abroad, that you might be able to get you know, a lot of guys. I mean, you still got Richie Ledesma PSV, who's playing a whole lot that you could call in, you know, I mean that we we do have those types of players.
Speaker 1: Well, I would call in Birac Terovitch from PSB before.
Speaker 2: That's on my list of things that I do want to talk about, because there's some stuff going around on Twitter that I just don't agree with. But byak Terovich, I think he is with Bosnie now, I want to say he played a friendly with them. I think he is technically a Bosnian international, but I don't think that's necessarily a Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's a Bosnian international now, so slightly fortunate there. But yeah, win your CONCA, CAFT tournaments because you have to prove that you're the best now nationsly, I think is the one you absolutely have to win, because we all know that that is the a squad for everyone who's participating. We know that Gold Cup is a little iffy. Again. They have to play this every two years because if they don't, conca capill cease to exist for some reason. This is what we've been sold. If you don't win gold Cup, but you make the final, okay, fine, depending on who you have. But this is where Wachtina is gonna have to do a little bit of a bit of coaching. You know that thing that Kirby Smart couldn't do yesterday. You're gonna have to do a little bit of coaching and he's going to have to figure out how to probably win a tournament without his best players available. Yeah, there's my dick at Georgia.
Speaker 1: Sorry, well, I mean I kind of anticipated something like that. But uh, position groups, What position group concerns you the most coming out of twenty four and which one do you have the most hope in going into twenty five. Well, because this isn't Naoma Geerma and whoever put up next to Nomens.
Speaker 2: It has center back though John is the issue because the thing about twenty twenty five is you are in theory getting Sugenio Desk back. So that's a good thing. Right. He should be recovering from injury, and you may not. You're not going to get himack for a Nations League, may not necessarily get him back for Gold Cup. But I think we know that the right back position is okay enough. Joe Scalley can do an okay enough job. Now do you bring in Omarlon Fosse. Maybe you bring in a guy like Richie Ledesma, who has Excuse me, I think he's going by Richard. I don't want to Rid think he's going by Richard.
Speaker 1: If he's gonna go by Richard, you've got to go Esquire.
Speaker 2: You can't Richard Ledesma Esquire. Yes, you know you have options who could back up Scaley, I mean those that is an option, But we didn't see that in the last window, which was a little weird. We just had. We just had Joe Scaley and I don't know one of Wes to make any use of you Know's moves or maybe Tyler Adams, who knows. I don't know if I love that, but sure, fullbacks are okay. Midfield is is okay? John. I think the thing with the midfield is you've gotta pray, hope, expect that eventually Johnny Cardoso is going to actually be the Johnny Cardoso that he shows you week in and week out in Spain. You know, That's kind of how I feel with Milik Tillman as well, where eventually the dude's gonna have to like, eventually he's going to finally play a good game for the US national team. Right. The real problem for this team going forward is center back. I mean, we don't have Naomi Garma.
Speaker 1: She can't both the national team.
Speaker 2: I don't think she can. I think her her hamstrings would give out. You know, Chris Richards has established himself at Palace. You know, I think the only game he's really missed recently is because he had to welcome in a new child, which congrats to him. But you know CCV is playing at Celtic. Well they just got whipped by Rangers, so who knows what that means. And Austin trust is also at Celtic. You know Mark McKenzie at oh crap? Where is he now? TI one of the French teams that I can't pronounce toulu, sorry not to the There are options out there, but none of them give you confidence. And even Chris Richards doesn't give you that much confidence. There's a reason tim Reen continues to get called up. John, And so when you're looking as a US national men's national team fan, you have to be concerned about that center back position because it is so unsettled both who is playing and how you feel about when they do play. So you know, we know a cop to come good in about a month and a half.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm looking forward to it. You you said you had a you said you had a rant that you were going on. Did you already go on the rant or did you have another rant that you had in your hip pocket? No?
Speaker 2: I went on that rant about Coca calf and all their okay coolishness, John, do we I you know what shot? I want your take on this because I understand Coca CAF has issues. Sure with the type of federation. It is a very top heavy federation. It's a mix of to me, it's a mix of Oceania, m H and Asia. Sure where Asia has one or two really good pros. Yeah, not great, but like good. You see them in a World Cup, You're like, I don't want to have to play them? Right, you don't want to play Japan? You don't want to play the USA, right, you know you don't want to have to play Korea. You don't want to have to play Mexico. Sure, you know you don't want to have to play Iran. You don't want to have to you don't want to have to face Canada in a World Cup type thing. Okay, but a lot of the teams below them just aren't up.
Speaker 1: To sneth well. I mean, Jamaica comes up and bite you in the butt occasionally, especially if you've got a keeper who's you know, if if Andre Blake is one hundred.
Speaker 2: You have not listened to me. Never trust the Jamaicans. You're you're not listening to me. I keep coming out here and telling you this. I don't trust Jamaa. But no, I mean that's the same thing about like you know, in Asia. Sure you might get a.
Speaker 1: H I don't know you got a South Korea.
Speaker 2: As South Korea, a Saudi Arabia you know who could come up and be good. But you know, you also have the Oceania problem where a lot of these countries are island nations and don't have the money to support a football team. I mean, we're over here in the US trying to support a football team in Oceania. You know, we're the network right here is trying to prop.
Speaker 1: We're growing the game, damn it, right.
Speaker 2: And so you know, you have a lot of countries that are dependent on another country for just existing. They barely can fund their own international football team, and it is hard for Concha cups. You have to manufacture ways to get revenue outside of norms. But the problem continues to be as a spoiled US fan, as the entitled US fan, I'll say that it's we don't want to play Jamaica every other time. We don't want to have to play Panama or Coast. We want to play Germany. We want to play Brazil, we want to play Chile, we want to play England, we want to play France, we want to play even teams like Sweden and nor Like. We want to play teams that feel like just bigger competition. You know, have better players we watch week in a week out in the top leagues of the world, and we're not gonna get better. It's just facts actual Conca calf the bottom may get better, but that's not functionally helping USA, Canada, Mexico, even teams like Costa Rica Panama to get actually better, because even if Saint KITT's Antigua Curros out get better, their ceiling is still below our floor. And that sounds really arrogant. I'm sorry, it's just the reality. The US and Mexico have.
Speaker 1: The resources that they have available.
Speaker 2: Correct the USA, Mexico and Canada when they get help from people who aren't Canada Soccer, they have resources from both a from capital, you know, financial capital and human capital that are just gonna outnumber I mean, you know, and so CONCA CAF forcing us to play Nations League every year is not good for us. And you're seeing the attendance dwindle too. John. Last time around, you didn't have sellouts, you know, in a in Arlington where you expect to sell out because it's basically North Mexico. You know, you're gonna be in LA this time. Maybe that helps. You're gonna plan on a field that's too narrow because again, ownership of that stadium doesn't realize that soccer is a real sport. And maybe that'll help. Because you're in LA, it's a slightly different venue. You hadn't played there yet. But I I just cannot get down with this vision. Of constantly hosting. I mean, because yes, I get it. You sell out forty thousand seats or sell forty thousand seats, that's still a lot of money. Is the Jews actually worth the squeeze though? And that's what I just keep asking, because you've got again a summer where you have a Nations League followed by a tournament and the world of soccer is still not sold on the Nation's League concept yet. I don't think the Europeans are fully sold on. I think they like it. They enjoy having some competitive stakes to the you know, maybe not England because they can't do anything in the Nation's League, but you know, I think, you know, teams enjoy the competitive stakes. But I'm sorry England being in League B and still playing you know, oh who are they playing earlier this year? I mean, Ireland even is a better competition than the US. Happened to go and play Trinidad or l Salvador. I'm really sorry. It just is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. England played Greece, Finland and Ireland right in their Nations League B groupe.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know that's better than Cursau, Saint KITT's and even Jamaica to an extent. I'm sorry, it just is. Yeah, and it does come down to resources. I'm sorry it does. But it just is hard for us, for the US to actually functionally improve. And you saw that last World Cup. Yes, cocka CAF had a really bad World Cup, but the USA, Mexico and Canada all fell flat in that World Cup when it came time to actually do something.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, we got out of the group.
Speaker 2: Sure, but like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: It's not helping us and therefore I'm allowed to not like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So to save things for Monday when you come back in your normal time slot.
Speaker 2: My last question, I'm sure we'll have some roughing down here to talk about the Premier League action.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, my last question for you on this Friday is what do you think happens to John Hurdman.
Speaker 2: I think he has to go coach like I don't know, Kiribati or something like. I Actually I think he'll probably find a job, I truly do. I think it just depends on what the how much the investigation will actually investigate him. Yeah, because that priestman isn't going to be able to work in soccer anytime soon from like both you know, legally and then if someone will will hire her because she's going to have to prove that she actually can get the job done without drones. And to be fair to herdman, not fair, well, no fair, To be fair to herdman, he hasn't proven he can manage team without the help of drones either. It's not like Toronto had a season to write home about. They didn't make the playoffs. We beat them to the playoffs. Like, are you Atlanta United beating you to the playoffs? Toronto? The miny Toronto of sea all up there in Toronto trying to tell us how good you are with all these star players, couldn't beat us out for the playoffs? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Will terrible?
Speaker 2: This year is one of our worst years in club history, if not the worst of a full season. And y'all couldn't beat us out to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, now, what do you think happens to beb priestman.
Speaker 2: I think Bev will have a little bit more of a I think she'll eventually get an assistant job with some national team again, and that will help her kind of work her way back in I think, because I think that's what the report will end up saying. John Herdman started all this, Bev Friesman just kind of continued it, and I think from that standpoint, they'll they'll be more the world of soccer will be more willing to forgive. Bev Priestman.
Speaker 1: So beb Priestsman is Bobby Collins from SMU, where John Herdman is Ron Meyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you know, I think, and again, if she's an assistant at I don't know, go back to England and be an assistant for the next coach there. When when Serena Piegman finally steps away because she makes a final that doesn't win again, Yeah, that's my production for twenty twenty five is England makes the Euro twenty twenty five finals.
Speaker 1: But doesn't win, So it's not coming home.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it came home last time. John Okay came home last time. And Serena Vingman can do one thing, and one thing very well. She can win a damn home tournament. That woman can do that with the Netherlands, she did it with England. I think Priestsmen will find her way into an international coaching staff of some sort. I really do I think you'll look at like USA maybe picks her up. Maybe, I don't know, England probably could. Obviously she's British. I think she's English. I think she's English. I don't want to offend anyone who's British and not English by calling her English and she ends up being like Welsh or something I forget. I think that could happen. I could her possibly taking over a team like Ireland, a team of that stature, where they'll be okay with hiring her because they say, well, we still think she's a good coach, even without the drums, because she I mean, look, there's cheating and then there's applying the cheating.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We see this as a NASCAR all the time, the joke if you ain't if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. Yes, well, you still got to execute once you cheat. Yeah, I mean Bill Belichick was a great cheater. You still got to execute once you cheat.
Speaker 1: Born in Concert England, so bev priestman is English? Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Straight up I knew she was British.
Speaker 2: I couldn't remember she was English or.
Speaker 1: Not, because straight up English, born in Concert England wherever Concert England is okay, so at soccer for uspud at Bartamus Prime nineteen. Bart'll be back on Monday to discuss roughing down here and anything else going on with his beloved Arsenal and anything else that sticks in our sticks in our collective craw over the first competitive weekend here in twenty twenty five. As always, friend, so great to see you. Thanks for everything that you are when it comes to the SDH network and all of our growth and being our being, our national and international voice when it comes to everything M and T and WNT Sir, it's alway some.
Speaker 2: One's got to talk about something other than England. Although I did a lot because you know, we gotta throw shit at him.
Speaker 1: But yes, yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: John, Thanks for all you do to make this network run. Thanks for the new the new.
Speaker 1: Digs I gotta well this is this is just as Jason with the new digs man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and well you're making it run, which I think is the impressive thing.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's very loosely said that I'm making it run. So learning as we go. But as always, my friend, enjoy your weekend, be safe. We'll catch up with you Monday at ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'll be good and I hope your twenty twenty five's are full of success, abundance and happy feelings about at Lanting United.
Speaker 1: Yes, success abundance and happy feelings. As always be safe, my friend, And there goes Bart all right, So morning Harry, and great to have you here as well, a couple of other notes from our buddy, says O Luis Merlow. Type a source. Remember this time of year, check your sources, Check your sources, check your sources when it comes to information and people moving in and people moving on, people moving around. So a couple of notes from says oh Luis Merlow, involving a player transfers. It appears that Messi and Friends may be chasing after today O Allende, the former Good Toy Cruise striker will arrive on loan for a year from Celta Divigo. So today, O Allende, now you get to send people scurrying to YouTube to try to find out what's going on with today O Allende going from Celta Divigo for a year on loan to and previously from Good Toy Cruise, but Celta Divigo to Messi and Friends today O Allende on loan for a year. According to Seso Luis Merrilow, so keep an eye on that particular announcement. Also Matias Rojas formerly of Messy and Friends, looks like it's a three year deal for him going to river Plate, so keep an eye on that one as well. And then the other move that was posted fourth in the in the ether has to do with Emiliano Rigoni Ragoni formerly of Austin FC. It looks like he may be headed to Leone. He is it looks like, according to Saeso Luis Marillo a one year deal to go to Leone new signing for Leon signing a one year contract. So Allende from Celta Divigo on loan for a year to enter Miami, Matias Rojas to river Plate, and Ragoni formerly of Austin FC to Laone for a year. So that's that's what you're staring at when it comes to those particular transactions. All right, So picking up gossip bermeran innuendo where we were going over the whole idea of folks in Barcelona and no you can't go there. Literally, it's like what's your face from the freaking uh willy wonka Aruka salt and I want it now? You stomp your feet. I want to go to Barsona now. Well you can't, but I want to go now. Everyone and their mother who wants to go to Barcelona. They can't pay you. They can't pay the club. What you want to extricate the player from his current status. They can't pay you. They can't pay your club. But I want to go now. Ah. However, United could use Rashford attempt monopoly into a swap for Victor Osiman three letter paper, take the information at your own peril, dortmun and PSG. You're showing redwed interest in Rashford. That's from Team Talk. United could sanction three loan deals in January to free up funds in their eighty million pound pursuit of Victor jokoresh from Sporting Remember we talked to our buddy Nino Torres about that. United could activate the twenty five million pound buy back clause in the contract of Benfica wingback Alvaro Carreras, who they sold in May. That's from The Star, which is a step below the three. In the four letter paper, Manchester City's Kyle Walker is wanted by three clubs in the league that we neither condone endorse nor promote according to the Three Letter Paper, so it would fit. Villa are in talks with Rushia Dortmund over remove for Donielle Mallen. We talked about that yesterday. The Bundesliga club values him at twenty five million pounds. Liverpool and Manchester City considering January bids for Danny Omo after Barcelona. Remember, Barcelona failed to register Danny Olmo. Failed to register means didn't sign him, not once but twice, and players still want to go to Barcelona. Kind of hard to do. Failed to register Danny Omo not once but twice, but Marcus Rashford I want to go to Barcelona. No. Liverpool and Manchester City considering bids for Danny Omo. Liverpool have had no contact with ac Milan over a move for Darwin Nunez, despite reports in Italy claiming a six month loan with a forty one and a half million pounds obligation to buy deal possibly taking place. Four Letter Paper take the information at your own peril. I'm on Diallo on the brink of signing a contract extension with Manchester United. Arsenal eyeing a deal for Evan Ferguson from Brighton but face competition from Fulham and west Ham Athletic. Bill bal forward Nico Williams also a target for Arsenal, and the Premier League club could trigger the forty eight million pound release clause. Spurs and Wolves are interested in England defender Ben Godfrey after falling out of favor with Atalanta. Everton will not entertain offers for defender Jcobrien in January. Real Madrid are watching Born with center back Dean Houston as they ponder a January move three letter paper. The Mattai Akimboni deal apparently has gone completely thumbs up because the pictures are now out on social media with Akimboni holding up the jersey. Youve could pursue a loan deal for Manchester United's left back Till Malassia until the end of the year. That's from Tuto Marcato ip switch in Everton eyeing a loan move for Villa winger Jaden Philo Jeen, Spurs stepping up their interest in Sam Johnston from Wolves. Spurs could also miss out on Denmark left back Patrick Dorgu, with Leche increasing their transfer demands to more than thirty million pounds. Fiorentina trying to reach an agreement with Liverpool to sign Federico Kiyasa for five point eight million pounds. Players Repsil hold talks with Liverpool bosses this month. VI Kyle Tamori wants to stay at AC Milan despite interest from Juve. That's from Gazeta Della Sport. Manchester United are looking for ways to offload Antony in January. Rale Betty's showing interest in a loan move, Spurs Lester Bayer lever Cusen competing for the signing of Udenesse Danish defender Thomas Christiansen. Lester among several clubs considering a move from Manchester United left back Harry Amas, who is only seventeen four letter paper take the information at your own peril. Sheffield United considering re signing a forward either Southampton's Ben Brereton Diaz or Los Palmis's Ali McBurney in a bid to boost their promotion hopes. Either would be a good pickup in Mike in my guestimation, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. So keep an eye on those, especially for the clubs that are looking to try and find ways to boost their work and their worth heading into the January window. Andy Hunter at The Guardian. Everton have confirmed the date of the first game at the new Bramley Moor DOC three Test events during the current season due to stage full capacity matches in August. Three Test events first on Monday seventeen February, when the U eight teams will play a friendly in front of ten thousand opponent TBA. Everton's U twenty one is are going to play a friendly before a twenty five thousand seat crowd available late March early April, depending on the successful completion of the first test event, and a third game at close to or full fifty two eight eighty eight will be held later in the year. No competitive matches can be held at this stage. The ten thousand crowd for the first event housed in the south stand of the eight hundred million pound development, including the rail seating Club hopes to open the entire stadium for the second test event reduce capacities in each stand. Tickets for the first two matches, priced at five and five pounds for adults two pounds fifty for concessions, will be allocated via a ballot that opens today. Everton manager Sean Diysh has said that there have been no inquiries for dominant Calvert Lewin in this transfer window, despite the striker approaching the end of his deal. Calvert Lewin's deal expires at the end of the season, and Atlanta reportedly are interested. There's been no contact from anyone. Bound to be rumor and conjecture. That's the nature of it. End quote. And Daish also said that Everton unlikely to take disciplinary action against Neil Mopey for his comments on social media. Unconcerned about the comments from Neil Mopey. Apparently, Plymouth Argyle scrapped a film about Wayne Rooney after Wayne Rooney left, so they were they were building they were doing a film about Rooney being in charge there Plymouth Argyle. Now that he's no longer in charge, they're like, yeah, we probably don't need to run that, probably don't need to to continue to to build that particular to build that particular film. It's probably not a good idea. So if you were looking for the Wayne Rooney to Plymouth Argyle film, it's not gonna happen. Uh. Apparently spurs injury crisis for this weekend. We'll get into gossip, We'll get into a juice boxes in a sect. Spurs injury crisis compounded by an illness running through the squad before their game with Newcastle on Saturday. Spurs already without nine players for the match at home to Newcastle, including first choice keeper and three of therefore central defenders who are all injured. Tom Allman at the Times, Pasta Coglu gave players Monday and Tuesday off after the draw with Wolves on Sunday to help them recover and so now he says, there's a bit of an illness bug running through the squad. We'll be okay, he says. We mentioned what Spurs are up to in the window, what everybody's up to in the window where you're playing seven matches probably in three weeks across multiple competitions for Charles and Mikey. Moore could be back next week. Pasta Coglo said Van deven, Romero and Davis not expected to return until the back end of January. Udogi out for six weeks with a hamstring injury suffered against Wolves. Viaccari and Odebar are even further behind, the Italian keeper likely to be out until the end of February. Betank Car suspended for the match against Newcastle after he was booked with Wolves on the weekend. Holy ish. So if if you're in fantasy, maybe you should go chasing after Newcastle, find a way, find a way to get Alexander Esach on your roster, legitimately, find a way to get Esock on your roster for this weekend and going forward. And if you are in the juice boxes, like I said, we'll get into juice boxes in a second, but you probably could take the over. We'll get into the over in the juice boxes and see what it looks like here coming up in a sec. Let's see Manu managers. Plymouth got a point in their first game with after Rooney's exit. All right, so let's get into juice boxes for the Premier League as we go here on the weekend, and we'll go over the standings and let you know where everything is. This weekend is normal. Next weekend is FA Cup, so keep an eye out for all of that. So Premier League juice boxes. Seven matches tomorrow, by the way, Spurs and Newcastle is the early match. Spurs get this. Spurs a dog at home and a plus one eighty four Newcastle favored at home, are favorite on the road of the plus one twenty four in the composite courtesy of our friends at Odds Portal ten o'clock. You've got five matches. Villa big favorite at home against Leicester to minus three twenty three born With favored at home. Big favorite at home at the Vitality to minus one thirty seven hosting Everton a plus three seventy six. Leicester by the Way North of plus eight eight fifteen Crystal Palace home dog to Chelsea. Chelsea's a minus one a eight Crystal Palace a plus two sixty six. Manchester City big favorite at home to west Ham at a minus three thirty three. Southampton a home dog to Brentford. Brentford to plus one thirty nine at Saint Mary Southampton is a plus one eighty seven. Brighton is the late game, hosting Arsenal at the Amex at twelve thirty Eastern time. Brighton is a plus three thirty eight Arsenal of minus one twenty five. Sunday two matches one at nine Fulham and Ipswitch Fulhams of minus one seventy two Ipswitch on the road to plus four fifty at Craven Cottage, Liverpool Manchester United. Liverpool can hold Manchester United down for yet another weekend. Heading into FA Cup play Liverpool of minus three thirty three at home hosting Manchester United, who's almost a plus eight hundred Monday Night Football Wolves and Nottingham Forest Forest favored at the Molenu on the road at a plus one twenty seven, Wolves a plus two twenty seven. And that is that's what you're looking at when it comes to Wolves and Nottingham. For it is once again staggered schedule four to four and two on the fourteenth and fifteenth and the sixteenth, but once again seven matches tomorrow in the Premier League. Your standings Liverpool match in hand six points clear of Arsenal fourteen to three and one. Liverpool's lost only once in the Premier League at the halfway point of the season. Close to the halfway point of the season, six points clear Arsenal at thirty nine points Forrest at thirty seven. Chelsea's lost to in a row. They're at thirty five, Newcastle fifth at thirty two. They've won four in a row. Manchester City is sixth. They've surrendered twelve points from winning positions this year. Those twelve points would have them at forty three points behind by two of the match in hand. Instead, they're at thirty one points in sixth Bournemouth unbeaten in five. They're at thirty Fulham ahead of Aston Villa on goal difference at twenty nine points, Brightness tenth at twenty seven. Spurs have lost three of five. They've only won once in their last five. Spurs are at twenty four points, well ahead of Brentford on goal difference. West Ham at twenty three. Manchester United fourteenth place. They've lost three in a row four of five at twenty two points. Crystal Palace is at twenty Everton's at seventeen. They only have one win in their last five. They only have one point in their last fourth. Sorry, they only have three points in their last four. Wolves at sixteen points, just out of the relegation zone. Ipswich has won two of four. They're at fifteen Ipswich Leicester Southampton. Southampton's won only once at the halfway point of the season one three and fifteen. They've only scored twelve goals. They've given up thirty nine goals in nineteen matches, so that's why they are at six points right now in the Premier League. What to watch, Where to watch it, how to watch it yesterday if you had the chance to watch Old Firm long day, three nil win on the board yesterday crazy so three nil win on the board yesterday, so Old Firm definitely a stunner. Super Copa Italiano semifinals in Saudi Arabia, but because of course right now today league only three o'clock Nis and wren being in being an Espanol. If you don't have the b NS, you don't have new Western La cdo for the fans. Lega one max, Lega one max pro tay say our buddy Nino Torres and Gold TV. You can get all that at Finanates FNTZ dot co slash soccer down here helps us out, helps out our friends at Finates, helps you out. Being a true degenerate Liga on Legua one max sorry ligan in Espanola, being a being an Espaniol. Three o'clock Valencia and Real Madrid ESPN Deportis at three just starting Golf Cup Nations the final on the Plus Oman and Bahrain. Copa del Rey has three matches on the Plus at one o'clock. Racing Federal Riya Vayacano, Granada, Hitafe, Pontevedra, Majorca Valencia Real Madrid three o'clock. A League was up early this morning and they're going to be around late tonight, five point forty five Perth Glory in Western United BAM will be pleased about all of this. A League Women ten o'clock tonight, Wellington and Perth, and then two o'clock once again, you've A and AC Milan in the super Copa Italiana semifinals, which will not be in Italy, They'll be in Saudi Arabia, by the way, on the weekend. If you want to keep track of what is going on involving our friend Caleb Wiley and what's going on in League unh uh. Legun's got some They got a lot of a lot of ground to cover, and Strasbourg is not up and running, which is strange. So hang on just a second now that my now that my interest is peaked, it's like, where's Strasburg? Where is Strasburg? Come on now, all right, So France League unh uh. Strasbourg is nine o'clock on Sunday morning, and they're playing all Share and they're slightly favored at home of minus one fourteen. All Share is a plus three hundred on the board highlights from what to watch on the weekend, uh being Triple Header on Saturday, League due at eight o'clock in the morning, Syria nine o'clock in the morning, CBS Sports Network. All the matchups in the Premier League either on NBC USA or on Peacock, Fox Deporte says Siria Universo, simul Casting Telemundo simul casting. A League is on ESPN. The Plus has the Copa del Ray all day Saturday. Paramount Plus has Syria English Championship all day on Saturday morning, seven thirty and ten. Two matches at seven thirty three at ten o'clock. League One Wrexham and Peterborough United's also at ten o'clock in the morning on Saturday. That gets you into Sunday. More League, more Super Cup, more Premier League at being being an Espanol, USA, Peacock, all those places, Gold TV, Santa Clada Ferense and don't forget our buddy, need not Torre's calling the heavyweights on Gold TV in the Portuguese Permira on the weekend as well. Check your juice boxes and check your times. Copa del Ray's on ESPN Plus. English Championship Sunderland and Portsmouth is Sunday morning, Syria Quadruple Header six thirty nine and two forty five Scottish Championship. Heabernian Rangers at seven Motherwell in Aberdeen at nine thirty on the Sunday morning, and that gets us to Monday, all right. So that's another go round of another week here on the SDH network. Thanks for dropping by, and we'll do it again on Monday morning. So thanks for all of your thoughts about twenty twenty four. We're getting into twenty twenty five. Should be Abe and Bart joining us on Monday morning and we're back into the normal routine of everything going on on your Monday. So thanks for hanging out with us on the new software in the new studio space and everything. And I've got to tell Bart that he can reverse his image next time he's on, so he can flip it so we're not reading everything backwards kind of because I learned that yesterday thanks to y'all, Thanks to Jason about flipping everything. So that is it for another go round of SDH bunch of platy. I'll played safe and since it's the end of the show, that means I get to do this one more time today. Back at it again on Monday morning, nine oh five NPSL interview that's going to be posted to the audio portion of the network. One of the new franchises based in Brooklyn, New York. Osner's FC. Great conversation that we had with them yesterday. It gives you a little something to listen to on the weekend. So for everybody here at SDH, plate safe. Everybody mots plots, y'all since the end of the show. That means they can do this mm hmm.