Speaker 1: And good morning. Welcome to Community Connection. Here on this Wednesday, June the twenty fifth, it's nineteen thirty three, eighty two degrees, and I've got a studio full of great musical students. Children's musical theater is here. Good morning, morning morning. Oh wow. We are getting ready for a big production coming up. I know we're going to talk about that. Before we do that, though, let's kind of go around the studio here and just introduce who you are and what grades you're in, and we'll talk about what roles you'll be playing here in just a little bit, all right, So we're gonna start right here with somebody who has a great first name.
Speaker 2: I'm Nathan Vanoy and I'm in tenth.
Speaker 1: Grade, all right, Nathan Vanoy, a tenth grade at Bartolsville, right, yeah, all right, good good. And who's next to you.
Speaker 3: My name is Annie Patton and I'm going into tenth.
Speaker 1: Grade very good at Bartleshill as well. Yes, all right, And my.
Speaker 4: Name is Eli Swanson. I'm going into eleventh grade and I'm at Bartleswell.
Speaker 1: Too, very good, very good.
Speaker 4: I'm going in the twelfth grade.
Speaker 1: But it's all right, it's summer break, right, you don't have to think during summer break.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my name is Alison Sumburg. I'm also going in the twelfth grade.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good, And folks, you are in here for a big production from Children's Musical Theater and this is going to be Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Code, right, yes, great musical by Andrew Lloyd Weber, one of my favorites actually, So talk a little bit about what this production is all about, any one of you.
Speaker 4: Well, this show is about Joseph, obviously, the story of Joseph in the Bible, but it sort of mixes a bunch of genres for the musical aspect of it. There's random things like country nineties, rat So, Yes, Calypso sort of stuff, and you'd think it'd be kind of weird, but it works with our cast.
Speaker 1: Especially, it works really well.
Speaker 4: So it's it's kind of awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds awesome. And I've seen the Broadway production of it, and what is it like really? I mean because Andreloyd Webber is one of my absolute favorite composers for Broadway. I am a huge fan of fans of the opera. By the way, that is my all time favorite Wicked is up there, you know, but alw has it down pat And I can't tell you how many times I've seen Phantom anyway. So so it's a biblical story but set with some pretty modern things, right, yes, yeah, So what was it like to translate what you see on the professional stage versus a junior production of this great musical?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, of course, you know, with the smaller cast and younger players and all that kind of stuff, it's obviously you have to translate some stuff and you have to maybe minimize it. But we, for sure it's a huge production and we just we have so much fun with it. And you know, like he was saying, there's one hundred different genres, and there's I mean the story of this boy who I mean, he got lucky and he kept getting all these opportunities and it led him to i mean, become something great and like a big yeah Egyptian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. So I guess the big question is when is the show time. It's July tenth through thirteenth.
Speaker 5: Y Yes, four shows on Yeah, first tour in the evening and then the second two are in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: There you got so two unique performances to matine performances during those time frames. And where are the performances going to be at.
Speaker 3: The Center Community Center?
Speaker 1: Yes, at the Barblesville Center. Man, what a great facility. I mean a lot of folks, if you've grown up here in Barblesville, I mean you've known the center. But for a community our size to have that level of a facility for performing arts, it's just absolutely incredible. So we'll go around the room here again. So Nathan, tell me who you are playing. I'm playing the brother Judah Judah okay. And then Annie, who are you playing?
Speaker 3: I am playing missus potterphar.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you go? And Eli, who are you?
Speaker 4: I'm playing Joseph.
Speaker 1: Oh you you get the big one. You get to where that's technical? Yeah? And Alison, who are you on the count?
Speaker 5: I'm playing one of three of our narrators.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good, good. So for tickets for the performance, where can folks get that? And how much are the tickets? All of that good sound?
Speaker 5: You can get tickets on the CMT Bartlesville website or if you go to any of our social media's we are very posting on that, they give you a link so you can buy tickets I'm not sure how much tickets are, but I mean, if you click the link, it'll pop up right there.
Speaker 4: It's real easy to.
Speaker 1: Look at that. The radio guy asked you a question you didn't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. That's all right, that's all right. Well, performing arts, you know, let's let's kind of talk a little bit about that as to why you are involved in community Children's Community Theater. So, Nathan, tell me a little bit about what attracts you to performative arts. Like the family that we make here.
Speaker 2: It's always there's always so much connection that you make in shows that you are in, and especially in this show because there's like there's twelve brothers and you are always with each other and it's a great time to spend with each other. Also, I just love to sing and dance. It's just awesome.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. So Anny, when movies bacaphone over a little bit for you as well. So what is it they attracted you to the performing arts?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, I have loved musicals ever since I was Indy biddy, and I knew that I always wanted to be a part of CMT. And now that I am a part of it. It's like the community that we have. And I love singing and dancing and music, and it really is just like the best time in the summer. It's a really good time.
Speaker 4: And what about you, Eli, I love dancing and moving and singing for years, ever since I was really young. And now here I am. I've been doing this for ten years now and it's just a really great experience. And no matter how the demographic of children that come into the program are, it's always a really fun and exciting experience that you can enjoy during the summer. And I look forward to it every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it keeps you in shape too, yes, for sure. So Alison, what about you? What has attracted you to be a children's musical theater performer?
Speaker 5: Well, this is also my tenth year in the program. I mean, me and Eli, we've been here since we're seven, and my family has always been really involved in children musical theater since the very beginning. And I mean it was more of those things that I was just brought up in it. And I mean, singing is my passion and dancing I'm ast with.
Speaker 1: Good app That's okay, neither of that's all right.
Speaker 5: It's definitely. You make lifelong friends and it's just something that you look forward to every year and you can always come back and there's your people are always going to be there for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely. Again, we're talking with the performers, the artists of Children's Musical Theater of Barlosil Joseph and the Amazing Technic Technicolor dream Coat, the Andro Alloyd Lloyd Web production coming to the Center here within the next couple of days. So one last question I have for you and will kind of go around again, but this time I'm gonna start with Alison. Alison, what is your favorite scene in Joseph in the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Speaker 5: My favorite scene would probably have to be Eli's close every Door. It's so emotional. I tear up every time he sings it. It's there won't be a dry eye in the audience. It's so captivating. He's such an amazing performer and it's just amazing to watch every time.
Speaker 1: Look at that Eli, Man, you gotta follow that.
Speaker 4: What is what is your favorite My favorite is so if you didn't know, the play is set, it's all sung through, so it's all songs. My favorite song is Jacob and Son's. It's the beginning of the show and it's really exciting and it's really fun and we all just sort of hop around and dance and.
Speaker 1: You know, hopping around dancing and singing at the same time. That takes a very special skill. I'm lucky if I put one foot in front of my other. So I almost tripped yesterday. But what that's me anyway, right, any what is your favorite scene in the play?
Speaker 4: I would have to say.
Speaker 3: My favorite scene is Canaan Days. It's where we have a brother singing a song and he's singing kind of in a French accent, and there's three dancers and I'm one of them and we get to dance on top of tables and it's just really really exciting and it's really fun.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds fun and dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's very scary, but we get through it.
Speaker 1: Who's doing the French accent? Even Ortiz? All right, well that'll be great. So Nathan, for you, what is your favorite scene in this production?
Speaker 2: I might be a little selfish with this answer, but I have a song. It's I just have one song and it is so hilarious to me. I mean, we haven't actually like blocked it yet, so I don't know how fun it'll be. Yes, song is awesome, I rechoose my answer.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Do the hodown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so fun. It's so fun country dances. We're swinging each other around.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it sounds again hilarious and dangerous for somebody my age. Well again, tell us where and when these performances will be for Joseph in the Amazing Tent The Color Dream Code.
Speaker 5: You want to you you can see our production of Chilsreen Musical Theater at the Center Bartlesville July tenth of the thirteenth, The tenth and the eleventh are matinees, and then the twelfth and thirteenth our afternoons.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's going to be a great time again Children's Musical Theater at Barrosol. We're so lucky to have such an incredible organization here that trains young musicians, young performers to take those next steps and is paid off well for a lot of our alumni of that. I mean Kaylen Kyle. Kaylyn Kyle, it's the new executive director of the Center. She is an alum and she's got on and done great things. I mean, gosh, she did Wicked, Yes, she did Wicked. Anyway, hopefully that's a I'm assuming that's probably some of your goals as well, to get into Broadway performances on Broadway. What do you know? All right? Well, Nathan Vanoy, Ellison, Sunberg, Andy Patten, and Eli Swatson, thank you so much for spending part of your morning on a on a summer morning here with us today talking about Joseph in the amazing Technicolor Drinker. Of course, absolutely absolutely, that's your community connection here on K one, the one you trust