Speaker 1: All right, it's the Been and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle, thank you for hanging out with us today. The Cowboy coaching search seems to be coming to some sort of a head one way or the other, and we feel like we need to talk to our friend and Cowboy expert, Jeffrey Kavanaugh, so we're gonna pop him on in thirty minutes to talk about all of that. Now, you on this station can win a pair of tickets for Azi's I'm Sorry. It's April to twelfth at Music Hall at fair Park. We use the talkback feature on the iHeart app in order to do that, so if you go click on it, you know you can leave a thirty second talkback message. The first person that leaves a message with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question we just had KT on he's not on the show today. Where is he headed? He told us? If you're he even said, Ron the Uber driver was gonna take him to the airport. Where is KT going? The first person that can tell us and answer those other questions on the talkback feature, you win the Azzi's on Sorry ticket. It's good luck everybody, but right now it's time for this, And now it's.
Speaker 2: Time for ba Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, it's not kt fun tweets.
Speaker 3: He ain't here.
Speaker 1: We needed to get a real newsman joining us live from his multi million dollar news studio on Zoom. Let's give it up for Steve shackle for everybody.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon. How are we doing?
Speaker 1: Listen to that noise man? Such a good voice, best voice in radio. And even though this is a bit just for three people, he has changed. He's We're on a Zoom call and he's changed. He's in his newsroom, but he's changed his head to the head of a cow. We're in a hoodie.
Speaker 3: I can't help it. It's uh. I mean this, this cow embody is how I'm feeling right now. I feel like a cow in a purple hoodie.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take a picture of this and posted in the freak after parties you can see that. Why do you feel like a cow?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, they are pretty gassy, as I recall, and I've been a little gassy myself, so when I looked at the avatars, I was like, I don't feel too foxy, don't feel like a kitten. I feel like this cow really embodies just kind of my intestinal fortitude today.
Speaker 1: Well, they why don't we squeeze your udders and let's get some news milk going.
Speaker 3: Let's do it all right at the top of the news here, Scientists have discovered that men are evolving twice as quickly as women over the last hundred years, and apparently it's making dudes a little bit more sexy and formidable. Apparently, so apparently we've gained about an inch and a half over the last hundred years US men and fourteen pounds of muscle mass women only half that, not even getting close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I've just I've noticed this in myself. Yeah, you know, and I feel like we're evolving in a way that is just you know, built for domination, world domination.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I love the use of the adjective formidable with no particular context as to what it's for. Man, I find that person to be very formidable, not a formidable opponent, just in general, I'm formidable. This is just watching Christina's facial expressions during the story. It's this sums everything up because we're.
Speaker 3: Like, yep, I know it. We're the best.
Speaker 1: We're the best, and she's just going you idiots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just calmly sitting here.
Speaker 4: Technically we mature faster than you guys, So maybe y'all are finally catching up to us.
Speaker 5: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 1: She dunked on you?
Speaker 3: Now? Unfortunately, scientists have determined that women's sexual preferences have fueled a trend for taller, more muscular men.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean I do like taller, more muscular.
Speaker 1: There's a giant beefcake is a scientist or tall glass of water okay.
Speaker 3: And you know weird stat to put it in perspective, Apparently, about one in four women born in nineteen oh five was taller than the average dude, and now it's like one in eight women is uh taller than the average dude. So I think it's only going to get smaller and smaller. It's gonna be tough for him.
Speaker 1: Really, So dudes are dudes are gaining an inch and a half up top?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, I just thought it was thought it was a dog report, No, and it was an inch and a half width And Lenk flaccid, the coke can story, the lake. Yep, Yes, Christina formidable.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't like you looking at me. While you asked that question, you said it weird too.
Speaker 1: It's a weird it's a weird word. It's kind of like the formidable snowman. That's a snowman that will kick your ass one on one matchup. What is the the abominable? No one ever uses that word outside of snowman. Uh huh, yeah, because it's hard to say, right, Like, is there a B and an N in the middle? I don't Bombina bull, I don't abdominal? Is it like a six pack snowman? I like the abdominal snowman.
Speaker 3: That would sell if you had a ripped snowman around the holidays, and it was just like a jacked up little guy that would sit on your countertop and you'd like gyrate back and forth, sing a little song like the big mouth billy bass that'd sell.
Speaker 1: His muscles are melting?
Speaker 3: Rah hope?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Steve Well? In other news, we're are Holt. Dallas guitar player Christopher Holt has joined the Eagles. Yeah, that band, the Eagles. You might have heard of him, not just the local band, the actual Eagles as they're touring guitarist and Chris Holt if you don't know what was in local bands Bastards of Soul, The Slack and sorta. And he just announced this, I guess. He played last week with the Eagles at their Las Vegas residency at the Sphere and he will take him out for about twelve more shows.
Speaker 1: It's really weird. This is guy we know and he's a member of the Eagles. That's just so strange. Okay, you guys have all worked with him, right, like he's a friend of yours. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was Ambassaards of Soul right, Like I have only heard rumors and that all I ever heard was one of the most gifted guitarists, like ever. Yeah, he's unbelievable, and so it's not crazy, but I mean, it's just crazy. So the reason it happened is because for a while he was playing in Don Hendley's solo band. And I'm not one hundred percent sure of this, but I think this happened because I think Chris Holt was giving Don Hindley's son guitar lessons. But I could have that wrong. I may be wrong on that, but I do seem to remember, aren't you Steve Shackelford. Aren't you like Chris holt Acolyte somehow randomly? Yes, he was a band leader of mine.
Speaker 3: I guess he must have been in his early thirties when I was in my early twenties, and I didn't know who he was, so I guess he had some local notoriety back then, this is mid two thousands. Just kind of stumbled into being his friend by just randomly playing fish tunes on my guitar and throwing out Simpson's quotes, and so he kind of helped me out and became a good buddy. And like I said, it's just very odd because he's an incredibly gifted player. But you just can't imagine that when people you know are in the Eagles, like playing the Hotel California guitar solo where you're like, but I played next to you, and I'm not that good, So you're really good.
Speaker 1: So put the picture in the frame for me. Would it be like KT being in the Dave Matthews.
Speaker 3: Band essentially, yes, Or it'd be like it'd be like KT being Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: I told my wife, and because it's so the thing with the Eagles is like, so the guitarist that was in the band, there's Joe Walsh, but then there's also Don Felder, and you will know him then because he actually did the song heavy Metal from the movie Heavy Metal. Okay, so you'll probably remember that. But Don Felder left the band like a couple decades ago, and they even did a tour called the Win Hell Freezes Over Tour because they were so at each other's throats they said, yeah, we'll get back together when Hell Freezes Over. And then like ten years later they all got back together, right or twenty years later or whatever. And so what happens, Like when I saw Ello, jeff Lynn is Ylo. Jeff Lynn's probably seventy eight or seventy nine. So there was like fifteen people in the band, and a lot of them were way younger so that they could hit all the notes and hit all the chops and everything. So Holt is a good whatever thirty years younger than all these guys. But as the band has gotten older, certain guys have dropped out, and so to perform at the high level, they get ringers, and so they chose Chris Holt as the ringer to replace what the guitar player was dealing with. The older guy was dealing with Parkinson's and so he just couldn't do it anymore. And so they're like, Okay, no problem, we'll get Chris Holt. Damn, that's God, that's so impressive. I told my wife, I know, it's kind of like if Zeppelin decided to tour again and they said, Christina, do you want to play rhythm guitar with us?
Speaker 5: And I just sit there and start crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 5: It's mind blowing.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: We'd be bothering her on tour, going, hey, what's on the Today game?
Speaker 5: Who is this? I'll have this number saved.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: If she never saved our numbers, that'd be crazy. She just recognized the shine.
Speaker 5: Scroll back like open skin.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, yeah, ah ah, What are all these texts that say? Are you on my side? Right?
Speaker 1: What else is in the news?
Speaker 3: Oh? A really juicy one here, and that's gonna sound gross. Apparently back to science, scientists have looked into how dinosaurs hook up. Apparently they knew how they ate, they know what they look like, they know how they died, but they didn't know how they got down. But apparently this one paleontologist Riley Black looked in into it and he found out that dinos are into four play. The dude dinos definitely had pens, and they likely mounted the females similar to like dogs and other mammals.
Speaker 1: What did you think it was?
Speaker 4: Well, they have giant tails though, Like how I thought that they could be like like egg creatures, like they go and they you know, do the reptile egg style.
Speaker 3: I guess, oh right, I.
Speaker 1: Was envisioned missionary. It's really difficult, but they were passionate creatures. Then find a giant bed and then the female would just lay back.
Speaker 5: If they're four playing, then maybe maybe they.
Speaker 1: Are passionate like they kind of well whatever, right.
Speaker 3: Apparently the foreplay involved a lot of scrape marks into dusty ground, so they would just go like scrape up around abroad and let her know, like, hey, you see this dusty ground in my claws, this could be you.
Speaker 1: That's what my dog does after it takes a poop, starts clawing around. Is that like, that's a dinosaurs.
Speaker 5: That so much?
Speaker 1: And to send you a message, it's never anywhere near where the poop is. They go four feet over else's yard, Like, what are you doing? Idiot?
Speaker 3: God? One other quick note on this story is that, uh, and I think this happens to all of us. Due to the sheer weight, the male weighing as much as eighty tons in some cases, would have mounted and then dismounted the female as quickly as possible. Uh. This was to minimize the mechanical stress, just.
Speaker 1: To save the female dinosaurs knees.
Speaker 4: What excuse, I'm just trying to say, the mechanical stress, you understand.
Speaker 5: I'll see you tomorrow by gotta go bye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a mechanical stress issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you mind? Clean enough? I gotta go. I love dinosaurs?
Speaker 3: What else? An incredible species. I've got some other stuff here, some uh a mysterious topic. Apparently serious balls washed up on Australian beaches and these balls contained fecal bacteria. So nine beaches in Sydney had to close after these whitish gray balls washed up on shore and then so they had to test them. And tests on these mysterious balls revealed that they were made up of fecal bacteria, So the council had to organize some very detailed hazmat safe removal of these balls. But now the beaches have reopened.
Speaker 1: So they were poop balls.
Speaker 3: Essentially, they were partially poop balls. It was like a mix of like fatty cholesterol, uh and poop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, so tar balls correct, right?
Speaker 1: You know, I hear stuff like this and I'm like, okay, could these have been dropped into the ocean by alien spaceships? I mean they're rocking space dumps. That's interesting. It's just like the Dave Matthews band just dropped it on that bridge, that boat.
Speaker 3: That's really logic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's why whenever I go to a restaurant, I always ask what the meatball mixture is because they'll put mystery stuff in there. It's just kind of like it's what washes up onto an Australian beach. You don't know. So I specifically ask, like, okay, this says a meatball. What all is in that meatball?
Speaker 3: Tell me? Tell me everything about it. What's worse is that when those aliens drop that stuff in there, Katie still blames it on Lincoln Park something. I don't know what happens. It's always Lincoln Parks driver to dump that stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, good job, Steve, are you down to report the news tomorrow?
Speaker 3: I think we'll have more news tomorrow. As long as the world doesn't end, we should be good.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you, And let's promote where people can find you. Tell them where to find you on the socials.
Speaker 3: Oh at Strip Mall, Steve, anywhere you go, any of the the exes, the instance, the Blues, the YouTube's what have you?
Speaker 1: Fantastic Thank you, brother, appreciate it. Thank you, guys, appreciate it. A birthday song for KT yesterday. All right, Coming up next, Jeff Cavanaugh joins us to talk about the Cowboys coaching search. That's next.